PDA

View Full Version : The 2018 MVFC Megathread - brought to you by Casey's Pizza

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 11th, 2018, 09:20 AM
You’re joking.

SDSU has played decent defense in like four games. When the defense is off, it is terrible.

SDSU's is a decent one IMO. Playoffs are a different animal. If SDSU gets home games thru the quarters or semis....any team coming into Brookings this time of year is losing IMO.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 11th, 2018, 09:22 AM
SDSU's defense is a bend but don't break defense.

They are #13 in scoring defense....19.8/game.

mmiller_34
November 11th, 2018, 09:25 AM
SDSU's is a decent one IMO. Playoffs are a different animal. If SDSU gets home games thru the quarters or semis....any team coming into Brookings this time of year is losing IMO.

After seeing how often our secondary blows coverage, our lack of pass rush, and how susceptible we are to the QB run — I anticipate that we may win one in the playoffs then lose in the Quarterfinal, EWU willl beat us if we get matched up with them, Kennesaw will run all over us, NDSU will NDSU us, I think JMU is honestly the best matchup for us simply because of the revenge factor. I don’t see is avoiding any of these teams in the Quarterfinals.

Just watch next week. Watch how USD’s terrible QB will run all over us.

mmiller_34
November 11th, 2018, 09:26 AM
SDSU's defense is a bend but don't break defense.

They are #13 in scoring defense....19.8/game.

Yes, but in the games that it breaks, it breaks hard.

The weird part is that the games our defense has broken the hardest we still won (Indiana State and Southern Illinois). Maybe I am just feeling this way after seeing bottom feeder SIU move the ball at will against us yesterday— they had nearly 600 yards of offense. Don’t care that we still won because our offense scored 50, that to me was not a championship defense.

Professor Chaos
November 11th, 2018, 09:43 AM
SDSU's seed (assuming they beat USD next week) will depend on how the committee views them in comparison to the teams with a weaker SOS but better record like Kennesaw St and Colgate. They were ahead of Colgate but behind Kennesaw St in the 10/31 rankings and none of them have lost since then. Both Kennesaw St (Jacksonville St) and Colgate (Army) have chances to make a statement in week 12. I think SDSU's seed could range anywhere from #3 to #7 based on what happens elsewhere.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 11th, 2018, 09:44 AM
Yes, but in the games that it breaks, it breaks hard.

The weird part is that the games our defense has broken the hardest we still won (Indiana State and Southern Illinois). Maybe I am just feeling this way after seeing bottom feeder SIU move the ball at will against us yesterday— they had nearly 600 yards of offense. Don’t care that we still won because our offense scored 50, that to me was not a championship defense.

For me it is different. The defense I saw in the FD this year was pretty damn good. Front 7 played really well. I see that defense rising up during the playoffs.

You'll see SIU throwing the ball all over the field against the Bison. 50/50 balls. IMO, the difference will be the Bison pass rush, which is really good with just 4 guys.

I truly believe that if the committee puts NDSU/SDSU on opposite sides of the bracket, they meet in Frisco.

BisonBacker
November 11th, 2018, 10:42 AM
For me it is different. The defense I saw in the FD this year was pretty damn good. Front 7 played really well. I see that defense rising up during the playoffs.

You'll see SIU throwing the ball all over the field against the Bison. 50/50 balls. IMO, the difference will be the Bison pass rush, which is really good with just 4 guys.

I truly believe that if the committee puts NDSU/SDSU on opposite sides of the bracket, they meet in Frisco.

I could see your final prediction coming true and I could also see SDSU lay an egg as they have been known to do in big games.

BisonBacker
November 11th, 2018, 10:43 AM
SDSU's seed (assuming they beat USD next week) will depend on how the committee views them in comparison to the teams with a weaker SOS but better record like Kennesaw St and Colgate. They were ahead of Colgate but behind Kennesaw St in the 10/31 rankings and none of them have lost since then. Both Kennesaw St (Jacksonville St) and Colgate (Army) have chances to make a statement in week 12. I think SDSU's seed could range anywhere from #3 to #7 based on what happens elsewhere.

If SDSU and Kennesaw State met and both played to their ability SDSU rolls them like a cheap towel!

BisonBacker
November 11th, 2018, 10:46 AM
The other thing about that potential matchup with SDSU and Kennesaw would be where the game was played. Play it in Brookings and huge advantage for SDSU. Those Kennesaw players would be huddling at the bus doors to go home.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 11th, 2018, 10:57 AM
If SDSU and Kennesaw State met and both played to their ability SDSU rolls them like a cheap towel!

This here.

1-dimensional teams will not beat NDSU or SDSU.

F'N Hawks
November 11th, 2018, 10:59 AM
This here.

1-dimensional teams will not beat NDSU or SDSU.

Ummmm....what offense does KSU run?

JSUSoutherner
November 11th, 2018, 11:02 AM

Triple Option. Similar to Paul Johnson's offense.

TheKingpin28
November 11th, 2018, 11:06 AM

Unless Jerrick McKinnon came back from his torn ACL and Dominque Swope as well as McKinnon re-enrolled in college and convinced everyone else they were able to play college ball again, I am not worried about a TO team playing the Bison.

JSUSoutherner
November 11th, 2018, 11:08 AM
Unless Jerrick McKinnon came back from his torn ACL and Dominque Swope as well as McKinnon re-enrolled in college and convinced everyone else they were able to play college ball again, I am not worried about a TO team playing the Bison.

So quick to forget that Chuck South team that almost won in the dome.

I think KSU is easily better than that squad.

JacksFan40
November 11th, 2018, 11:09 AM
We struggle with teams that run the triple option effectively, see Cal Poly 2016 for more details.

JacksFan40
November 11th, 2018, 11:11 AM
The other thing about that potential matchup with SDSU and Kennesaw would be where the game was played. Play it in Brookings and huge advantage for SDSU. Those Kennesaw players would be huddling at the bus doors to go home.
I’m pretty sure everyone will be huddling together, a semifinal game in Brookings will be beyond anything KSU will have and probably ever see, expect below freezing with a nasty windchill. Possible snow as well, it’ll be a blast.

JSUSoutherner
November 11th, 2018, 11:14 AM
I’m pretty sure everyone will be huddling together, a semifinal game in Brookings will be beyond anything KSU will have and probably ever see, expect below freezing with a nasty windchill. Possible snow as well, it’ll be a blast.

If KSU beats us by any considerable margin, they'll be seeded higher than SDSU.

TheKingpin28
November 11th, 2018, 11:18 AM
So quick to forget that Chuck South team that almost won in the dome.

I think KSU is easily better than that squad.

We are talking about the TO, Chuck South is not a TO team. That's why I did not include them.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=400873307

JSUSoutherner
November 11th, 2018, 11:19 AM
We are talking about the TO, Chuck South is not a TO team.

They are as close to the TO as you can get without being a true TO. The only difference between their TO and KSUs TO is Chuck ran it out of the gun.

TheKingpin28
November 11th, 2018, 11:22 AM
They are as close to the TO as you can get without being a true TO. The only difference between their TO and KSUs TO is Chuck ran it out of the gun.

So a hybrid offense? In 2016, they were more of a run first with the pass available team VS a run first with the occasional pass. You don't attempt 20 passes in a game and call it a TO offense.

JacksFan40
November 11th, 2018, 12:23 PM
Obviously, but I’m hoping you guys can pull the upset.

JSUSoutherner
November 11th, 2018, 12:59 PM
Obviously, but I’m hoping you guys can pull the upset.

Hope in one hand...

Thumper 76
November 11th, 2018, 02:05 PM

Basically they’re a lock to be above us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POD Knows
November 11th, 2018, 02:18 PM
Basically they’re a lock to be above us.

NDSU
EWU
KSU
SDSU

Bookit

Thumper 76
November 11th, 2018, 02:26 PM
NDSU
EWU
KSU
SDSU

Bookit

The more I think about it the more I think SDSU ends up in the 6-8 range. If Colgate beats Army they jump us. I bet they keep JMU over SDSU cause history, and I could see them not dropping UC Davis below SDSU for losing to the two seed. That’s all it takes to end up as the 8 seed.

TheKingpin28
November 11th, 2018, 02:35 PM
The more I think about it the more I think SDSU ends up in the 6-8 range. If Colgate beats Army they jump us. I bet they keep JMU over SDSU cause history, and I could see them not dropping UC Davis below SDSU for losing to the two seed. That’s all it takes to end up as the 8 seed.

I posted this in another thread, but this is how I see it going into the final week:

1: NDSU
2: EWU
3: KSU/WSU
4: KSU/WSU/SDSU
5: KSU/WSU/SDSU
6: UCD
7: JMU/Colgate
8: JMU/Colgate/Maine

I could see Weber moving up to 2 but with EWU trouncing UC-Davis (yes EWU lost to WSU but IIRC, EWU lost Gubrud that game and it was a 14-6 game at WSU) I just don't see how WSU leaps EWU should EWU win next weekend. We have all seen what happens when logic goes out the window, (ISUr #2 and NDSU #3 when NDSU was clearly the better team in 2015) and the committee gets it wrong, but I feel like EWUs domination over UC-Davis looks better than WSU squeaking out a win at home against the Eagles.

Thumper 76
November 11th, 2018, 02:38 PM
I posted this in another thread, but this is how I see it going into the final week:

1: NDSU
2: EWU
3: KSU/WSU
4: KSU/WSU/SDSU
5: KSU/WSU/SDSU
6: UCD
7: JMU/Colgate
8: JMU/Colgate/Maine

I could see Weber moving up to 2 but with EWU trouncing UC-Davis (yes EWU lost to WSU but IIRC, EWU lost Gubrud that game and it was a 14-6 game at WSU) I just don't see how WSU leaps EWU should EWU win next weekend. We have all seen what happens when logic goes out the window, (ISUr #2 and NDSU #3 when NDSU was clearly the better team in 2015) and the committee gets it wrong, but I feel like EWUs domination over UC-Davis looks better than WSU squeaking out a win at home against the Eagles.

You can see it that way, but mine is how it’s gunna go ;)

Opportunity for the committee to put SDSU as the 8 seed funneled into Fargo ASAP? Bet your ass it’s gunna happen. If SDSU doesn’t settle for field goals in the UNIDome they are a lock for the 2-3 seed. Oh well.

TheKingpin28
November 11th, 2018, 02:43 PM
You can see it that way, but mine is how it’s gunna go ;)

Opportunity for the committee to put SDSU as the 8 seed funneled into Fargo ASAP? Bet your ass it’s gunna happen. If SDSU doesn’t settle for field goals in the UNIDome they are a lock for the 2-3 seed. Oh well.

Well you read my post so you can see that the committee has been known to ignore logic. xnodx

SDSU SHOULD be in the Top 5, but will they? I'm not willing to risk a case of Coors on it. xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 11th, 2018, 02:53 PM
NDSU
EWU
KSU
SDSU

Bookit

NDSU
KSU
Weber
EWU
SDSU

**SDSU should be #2

Sycamore62
November 11th, 2018, 08:16 PM
I think there's only a couple of Indiana State fans around here, and I REALLY don't want to get into a big political discussion in the football forum, but I just wanted to warn any ISUb fans that are planning on coming over to Macomb for the game on 11/17 that the Westboro Baptist Church (the ones who go and protest at all kinds of stuff across the political "spectrum") is planning on protesting at the game (or probably as close as they can legally get). Sounds like ISUb has a player who is openly gay, and they've protested him before (including when he was still in HS) so probably the Sycamore fans know about this stuff already, but it's new to us. Anyway, just wanted to put the information out for anyone who happened to be coming over for the game...just be aware and stay safe.

I talked my dad into coming to the game Saturday. We should make it in time to protest. Hopefully someone will violate my rights so i can get paid.

I think if we leave Charleston by Wednesday around noon we will pull the stagecoach into the stadium by kickoff.

Its funny how anytime you mention WIU and/or Macomb the first thing that comes up is “theres no good way to get there”. I always wonder if Macomb residents say that about everywhere else.

ST_Lawson
November 11th, 2018, 08:26 PM
Its funny how anytime you mention WIU and/or Macomb the first thing that comes up is “theres no good way to get there”. I always wonder if Macomb residents say that about everywhere else.

Yeah, for us it's more that we just know that it's going to take time to get anywhere. An hour or more for the nearest Target, Kohls, Lowe's/Home Depot, etc...2 hours for the bigger things, 3 for an airport that will get you most places (St. Louis).

If you've ever heard the story of the "lost state" of Forgottonia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forgottonia) it was really more of a protest movement. It was protesting the federal and state governments essentially forgetting about west-central IL when it came to improving transportation and other infrastructure in the area. It's gotten better since then, but our region still lags behind many other areas in that respect.

For example, compare the towns of Macomb and Normal. From 1860 to 1950, Macomb was larger than Normal. In 1960, Normal was only ~1k people larger. Then the interstate system started being built...Bloomington and Normal grew to the point where they were effectively one city, they got an airport that actually has flights a few places (that was in the 80's). In 1970, Normal was 6.7k bigger, and by 1980 it was 15.8k bigger. 1990...20k, 2000...26.8k, and 2010...30.9k larger than Macomb. My mom went to Illinois State in the early 70's and she said that back then, it was pretty much the same size as Macomb and Western. Since then, it's only grown, while Macomb/Western/our region has stagnated.

Now, I'm not going to claim that with an interstate or two, Macomb would be the size of Bloomington/Normal now...that's unrealistic. But I don't think it's impossible to think that Macomb could be more like the 30k-40k range population-wise and much easier to get to if they had decided to maybe build an interstate (or at least a 4-lane divided highway) from the Quad Cities to St. Louis, or Peoria to Quincy, or something along those lines.

It's really only been the last maybe 20 years that you could even get to Macomb from any direction mostly on a 4-lane highway...even today you still have to take a bit of 2-lane through a tiny town if coming from the north. From the southwest, you can get from Quincy to Macomb on 4-lane finally...as of about 5 years ago. Otherwise, it's all 55 MPH 2-lane highways through small towns.

ST_Lawson
November 12th, 2018, 08:09 AM
MVFC Week 11 in Review: http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-11-in-review-2/

dewey
November 12th, 2018, 09:43 AM
Here is a nice summary from the Bison Coaches Show.

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181112/40e5a52df5958a8e079ee8e58a89836d.jpg

Professor Chaos
November 12th, 2018, 09:53 AM

Dewey

They mentioned a pretty eye-opening stat/accomplishment on the ESPN+ broadcast of the Missouri St/NDSU game last week. They mentioned how it was senior day for Missouri St and that their senior class was looking for their first 5 win season of their college career. Then they mentioned that NDSU's senior class has lost a total of 5 games in their college careers. xlolx

grizband
November 12th, 2018, 12:10 PM

Dewey

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181112/40e5a52df5958a8e079ee8e58a89836d.jpgThat 1 non- conference road loss is still a top 10, probably top 5, FCS game I've ever watched.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

POD Knows
November 12th, 2018, 12:18 PM
That 1 non- conference road loss is still a top 10, probably top 5, FCS game I've ever watched.

Sent from my SM-N950U using TapatalkDamn you to fiery hell.

Sycamore62
November 12th, 2018, 12:54 PM
I heard if we can make the playoffs we might have Keys (our RB) back.

ST_Lawson
November 12th, 2018, 01:12 PM
I heard if we can make the playoffs we might have Keys (our RB) back.

Bah god, that's Ja'Quan Keys' music!

dewey
November 12th, 2018, 01:33 PM
Damn you to fiery hell.

Just remember the December rematch and you will feel betterxnodx

Dewey

cx500d
November 12th, 2018, 01:53 PM

They didn’t do so well against the poly triple option last time they played

POD Knows
November 12th, 2018, 01:57 PM
Just remember the December rematch and you will feel betterxnodx

DeweyYea, have I watched that game about 5 times, priceless. Actually had a good time in Montana and really wasn't that worked up about it at the time, the USD loss just about put me over the edge though. xlolx

TheKingpin28
November 12th, 2018, 02:01 PM
Yea, have I watched that game about 5 times, priceless. Actually had a good time in Montana and really wasn't that worked up about it at the time, the USD loss just about put me over the edge though. xlolxAfter all the smack that was talked and watching someone leave cause of it, worth it.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
November 12th, 2018, 02:02 PM
That 1 non- conference road loss is still a top 10, probably top 5, FCS game I've ever watched.

Sent from my SM-N950U using TapatalkWe don't talk about that game, but damn, what a game it was. Sucks to be on the losing end but that was a thriller to the final whistle.

grizband
November 12th, 2018, 02:03 PM
We don't talk about that game, but damn, what a game it was. Sucks to be on the losing end but that was a thriller to the final whistle.

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkI would feel the same if the Griz lost. Football won that day

TheKingpin28
November 12th, 2018, 02:13 PM
I would feel the same if the Griz lost. Football won that day

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk You got that right. Football for not just the FCS but overall definitely won that day. I know why ESPN canned the FCS kickoff, but if they would have done it right and kept going with only 1 premier matchup in the FCS, they could have really raked in the viewers, but the dollars were too big to pass up when they can get 5 games of mediocre competition going.

grizband
November 12th, 2018, 02:19 PM
You got that right. Football for not just the FCS but overall definitely won that day. I know why ESPN canned the FCS kickoff, but if they would have done it right and kept going with only 1 premier matchup in the FCS, they could have really raked in the viewers, but the dollars were too big to pass up when they can get 5 games of mediocre competition going.

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkAgreed completely.

FYI, the best game I've ever personally watched was the 2009 semifinal game between Montana and App State. Two best teams of the decade, in Washington Grizzly stadium, on a snowy night, in a game that went to the wire.

dewey
November 12th, 2018, 02:21 PM
Watching that game with Brent Musberger and Jesse Palmer it felt like a big time Saturday night showdown in the SEC.

Plus the new coach for Montana and the current dynasty of NDSU and ginger Jesus.

Great game and ESPN actually treated the game like it was a HUGE FBS game.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
November 12th, 2018, 02:51 PM
Agreed completely.

FYI, the best game I've ever personally watched was the 2009 semifinal game between Montana and App State. Two best teams of the decade, in Washington Grizzly stadium, on a snowy night, in a game that went to the wire.

The best one(s) for me, were either NDSU vs GSU part 2, NDSU vs ISUr championship game, and/or NDSU vs JMU championship game. Each of these came down to the final minute or so. That 09 semi-final game was a real barn burner and I'd admit it was one of the best I ever saw on tv.

dewey
November 12th, 2018, 03:04 PM
The best one(s) for me, were either NDSU vs GSU part 2, NDSU vs ISUr championship game, and/or NDSU vs JMU championship game. Each of these came down to the final minute or so. That 09 semi-final game was a real barn burner and I'd admit it was one of the best I ever saw on tv.

The best games for me was the Illinois State championship game at the end of the 2014 season. The championship on the line, being in a section adjacent to Redbird fans, NDSU having a de DNR 2nd half lead but ISU coming back to take the lead with Roberson on that long TD run, ginger Jesus leading the comeback with legendowski.

Also great games.

Sam Houston State 2011 season championship
Georgia Southern 2012
Kansas State 2013
Iowa 2016
James Madison 2016
James Madison 2017 season championship
Montana 2015 season opener

I remember that 09 semifinal game in Missoula in the snow vs Armanti Edward's and the 3 time defending Champions. Great game.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
November 12th, 2018, 03:19 PM
The best games for me was the Illinois State championship game at the end of the 2014 season. The championship on the line, being in a section adjacent to Redbird fans, NDSU having a de DNR 2nd half lead but ISU coming back to take the lead with Roberson on that long TD run, ginger Jesus leading the comeback with legendowski.

Also great games.

Sam Houston State 2011 season championship
Georgia Southern 2012
Kansas State 2013
Iowa 2016
James Madison 2016
James Madison 2017 season championship
Montana 2015 season opener

I remember that 09 semifinal game in Missoula in the snow vs Armanti Edward's and the 3 time defending Champions. Great game.

Dewey

I'm still kicking myself that my cousin wouldn't sell me 2 of her 6 tickets right behind the Iowa bench for that game. I finally told her, I will pay double what you paid for them just to get a pair. She said in good moral standing (her family have been boosters since the 50s), she couldn't sell them to an away fan. So I proposed a swap so she wouldn't have to sell, and she still said no. Well let's just say she could have at least gotten something out of the loss instead of just surrender cobra arms and jaw-dropped mouths.

Thumper 76
November 12th, 2018, 03:47 PM
FTR I’m convinced SDSU ends up with the 8 seed, especially if KSU and Colgate win this weekend. Here’s my theory from sdsufans:

This game and the Colgate game are real important for our seeding IMO. Here’s my very negative conspiracy theory I posted in the other thread.

Colgate wins against Army and Kennesaw beats JSU. Both have “better” wins than us and are undefeated vs FCS. Boom, they’re seeded higher. ndsu is obvious number one. Then EWU with their win over UC Davis is above us. That’s already bumped us down to 5. If JMU wins to end the season they’ll have better wins and name recognition for the last couple years, won’t surprise me a bit to have them put above us. Now we’re at 6. I could see them keeping UC Davis above us because of only one FCS loss and the FBS win. Now we’re at 7. Your other likely seed at the moment is Weber who if they don’t drop the ISU game is already above us I believe, or at least a half credible argument can be made to put them there. You can say they just do the seeding and ignore regionalism till you’re blue in the face, but good luck convincing me that if they see a half of a chance to drop SDSU to the 8 line when ndsu has the 1 they’ll do it. It was proven when UND got the 7 seed over us. Prepare yourselves and root for the Gamecocks, and Go Army.

Professor Chaos
November 12th, 2018, 04:12 PM
FTR I’m convinced SDSU ends up with the 8 seed, especially if KSU and Colgate win this weekend. Here’s my theory from sdsufans:

I don't know how many times I saw it stated unequivocably on here and Bisonville last year that there would be NO WAY that they would ever seed NDSU and SDSU so they'd be on opposite sides of the brackets and that's exactly what happened.

I've said it tons of times but with the way the committees puts the seeds together it would take a very organized conspiracy to seed teams based on geography or matchup rather than merit because they determine seeds the same way we do the AGS poll. The 10 committee members vote on their top 10 (or maybe they go all the way to 24) individually and then they tally up the scores and that's how they get the top 8. That's why I think it would take a heck of a lot organization for them to say "ok now... let's make sure we all vote SDSU 8 so they're in NDSU's quadradnt" and they just don't have that kind of organization, or energy for that matter, to worry that much about it given how hectic things have to be that last 12 hours before the bracket is released.

If SDSU drops to the 8 seed, which I think is unlikely, it'll be based on merit.

dewey
November 12th, 2018, 04:22 PM
I also dont think Colgate beats Army AND Kennesaw State beats Jacksonville State.

Does JSU get a seed if they beat KSU? We know the STATS (currently JSU is #6) and Coaches poll (currently # 7) love them some Gamecocks.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
November 12th, 2018, 04:27 PM
I also dont think Colgate beats Army AND Kennesaw State beats Jacksonville State.

Does JSU get a seed if they beat KSU? We know the STATS (currently JSU is #6) and Coaches poll (currently # 7) love them some Gamecocks.

Dewey
God I hope not... I'd really go all in on the "Greg Seitz impact on the selection committee" conspiracy theories if they did.

Schism55
November 12th, 2018, 04:58 PM

Dewey
Jax St absolutely gets a seed if they beat Kennesaw...

Thumper 76
November 12th, 2018, 05:35 PM
I don't know how many times I saw it stated unequivocably on here and Bisonville last year that there would be NO WAY that they would ever seed NDSU and SDSU so they'd be on opposite sides of the brackets and that's exactly what happened.

I've said it tons of times but with the way the committees puts the seeds together it would take a very organized conspiracy to seed teams based on geography or matchup rather than merit because they determine seeds the same way we do the AGS poll. The 10 committee members vote on their top 10 (or maybe they go all the way to 24) individually and then they tally up the scores and that's how they get the top 8. That's why I think it would take a heck of a lot organization for them to say "ok now... let's make sure we all vote SDSU 8 so they're in NDSU's quadradnt" and they just don't have that kind of organization, or energy for that matter, to worry that much about it given how hectic things have to be that last 12 hours before the bracket is released.

If SDSU drops to the 8 seed, which I think is unlikely, it'll be based on merit.

There wasn’t much merit for UND getting a higher seed a couple years ago, but it happened. I have no doubt in my mind that if they don’t have much of a choice they’ll put SDSU at a higher seed and not worry about it. BUT if the get the option and have them in the 7 spot they won’t blink an eye if they flip them and tell everyone “oh that’s just how it happened, we used an unbiased system”.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2018, 06:12 AM
Listening to the SIU weekly presser, Coach Hill was asked about NDSU and he was commenting on how NDSU does it the right way by redshirting their freshman and building up from there. I went over to their roster and saw 15 transfers. I actually thought there would be more. Quick fix to get back into the upper half of the conference.

One thing that should be a priority for SIU is recruiting good defensive players. Seems like this is an annual talking point with SIU......good to decent offense but horrible defense.

Coach Klieman will take his foot off the pedal in this game but NDSU should be able to run all over this defense. Starting QB in a boot but should be able to play.

Professor Chaos
November 14th, 2018, 09:48 AM
Here's a fun thing to think about for Bison fans (not so fun for potential future opponents). RB Seth Wilson (#22) played his first game of the season last Saturday against Missouri St and looked fantastic I thought.... maybe the most explosive moves I've seen from a Bison RB all year on a surface where it seemed like all the other guys weren't quite cutting as sharply. Here's an example:

https://twitter.com/RossUglem/status/1062391670384267264

Now for the fun/scary thing; this guy played last year as a true freshman and has 3 games left to play this year while still preserving his redshirt, he slots in as probably RB4 or RB5 for the Bison right now (even though, like I said, he showed some of the most explosive moves I've seen out of a Bison RB so far this year), and he'll still have 3 years of eligibility left after this.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2018, 11:21 AM
Here's a fun thing to think about for Bison fans (not so fun for potential future opponents). RB Seth Wilson (#22) played his first game of the season last Saturday against Missouri St and looked fantastic I thought.... maybe the most explosive moves I've seen from a Bison RB all year on a surface where it seemed like all the other guys weren't quite cutting as sharply. Here's an example:

https://twitter.com/RossUglem/status/1062391670384267264

Now for the fun/scary thing; this guy played last year as a true freshman and has 3 games left to play this year while still preserving his redshirt, he slots in as probably RB4 or RB5 for the Bison right now (even though, like I said, he showed some of the most explosive moves I've seen out of a Bison RB so far this year), and he'll still have 3 years of eligibility left after this.

Cofield and Clark will be the power guys next year. Seth and Ty are the change of pace and pass catching RBs IMO. Nice depth for next year. The monster RB coming in next year from Cannon Falls I bet plays defense....kid is a beast. One year with Kramer and he would be a 240-250 LB.

Small RB recruit from FL but do not know much about him.

X-Factor
November 14th, 2018, 11:25 AM

I’d be surprised if sdsu gets placed that low. I mean sdsu was the closest game for NDSU and last year we had the 1 seed and they still gave sdsu the 7 and sent through JMU. So there seems to be a precedent to not necessarily match up the seeds based on regionalization.

I get it though, Colgate with a win over Army is probably going to move up into the seeds despite their week schedule, and KSU has already been up there

Bison56
November 14th, 2018, 11:55 AM
God I hope not... I'd really go all in on the "Greg Seitz impact on the selection committee" conspiracy theories if they did.

If JSU wins there will be a flood of JSU fans coming out claiming they deserve a top 3 seed.

IBleedYellow
November 14th, 2018, 12:00 PM
NDSU is RB U.

Professor Chaos
November 14th, 2018, 12:21 PM
Cofield and Clark will be the power guys next year. Seth and Ty are the change of pace and pass catching RBs IMO. Nice depth for next year. The monster RB coming in next year from Cannon Falls I bet plays defense....kid is a beast. One year with Kramer and he would be a 240-250 LB.

Small RB recruit from FL but do not know much about him.
Idk, I think Wilson can be RB1 or RB1A next year. At 5'10" 199 he's a lot closer to Bruce Anderson than he is to Ty Brooks in stature. Last Saturday he was finishing runs as good as any Bison RB has this year as well. It's pretty crazy to think about how they're graduating 2 all-conference (maybe even all-American) type RBs in Anderson and Dunn and will still have a 4 headed monster at RB next year.

Winterborn
November 14th, 2018, 12:31 PM
Idk, I think Wilson can be RB1 or RB1A next year. At 5'10" 199 he's a lot closer to Bruce Anderson than he is to Ty Brooks in stature. Last Saturday he was finishing runs as good as any Bison RB has this year as well. It's pretty crazy to think about how they're graduating 2 all-conference (maybe even all-American) type RBs in Anderson and Dunn and will still have a 4 headed monster at RB next year.

They are going to need every bit of that strength. My assumption is the percentage of run plays will go up with how many "new" players are going to see the field.

Professor Chaos
November 14th, 2018, 12:40 PM
They are going to need every bit of that strength. My assumption is the percentage of run plays will go up with how many "new" players are going to see the field.
Oh yeah... I'd expect the offense will look similar to when Stick filled in for Wentz in 2015 as a redshirt freshman.

dewey
November 14th, 2018, 02:15 PM

I would agree with you about Wilson. He can most certainly be a RB1. He was a monster last year at the end of the season and playoffs. He was also very good out of the backfield.

Dewey

Jacks02
November 14th, 2018, 02:20 PM
SDSU is set up really well at RB for the next few years too with true freshman CJ Wilson averaging 6.8 YPC and RSFr Pierre Strong averaging 10.5 YPC.

Here is a profile article on Strong: https://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/south-dakota-state-university/2018/11/14/south-dakota-state-jackrabbits-pierre-strong-sdsu-coyotes/1993051002/

Going even further, following the loss of WR Marquise Lewis and RB Isaac Wallace to career ending injuries, we don't have another SR on the roster at the WR, RB, or TE positions and have just two SR's on the offensive line.

J'Bore Gibbs was highly regarded out of high school, if he can play at a high level in replacing QB Taryn Christion next year, we should be quite explosive on offense once again.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2018, 04:16 PM

Could be. However it works out the RB position should be in excellent shape next year.

xnodx

Thumper 76
November 14th, 2018, 09:05 PM
SDSU is set up really well at RB for the next few years too with true freshman CJ Wilson averaging 6.8 YPC and RSFr Pierre Strong averaging 10.5 YPC.

Here is a profile article on Strong: https://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/south-dakota-state-university/2018/11/14/south-dakota-state-jackrabbits-pierre-strong-sdsu-coyotes/1993051002/

Going even further, following the loss of WR Marquise Lewis and RB Isaac Wallace to career ending injuries, we don't have another SR on the roster at the WR, RB, or TE positions and have just two SR's on the offensive line.

J'Bore Gibbs was highly regarded out of high school, if he can play at a high level in replacing QB Taryn Christion next year, we should be quite explosive on offense once again.

We’re set at RB, but Nelson could win the QB battle next year and then I think we’ll see something similar to when Lujan was qb. I would think if Gibbs was at a real high level already he would have seen some time in garbage time in a couple of games. But then again with how late the staff has been at pulling Taryn I could certainly be wayyyy off on that.

JacksFan40
November 15th, 2018, 12:21 AM
We’re set at RB, but Nelson would win the QB battle next year and then I think we’ll see something similar to when Lujan was qb. I would think if Gibbs was at a real high level already he would have seen some time in garbage time in a couple of games. But then again with how late the staff has been at pulling Taryn I could certainly be wayyyy off on that.

They’ll have all offseason to evaluate between Gibbs and Nelson so only time will tell. Hopefully it won’t end up like 2015 where we can’t decide who our damn QB is.
RB’s will be phenomenal next year.

Kemo
November 15th, 2018, 12:49 AM
We’re set at RB, but Nelson would win the QB battle next year and then I think we’ll see something similar to when Lujan was qb. I would think if Gibbs was at a real high level already he would have seen some time in garbage time in a couple of games. But then again with how late the staff has been at pulling Taryn I could certainly be wayyyy off on that.

They’ll have all offseason to evaluate between Gibbs and Nelson so only time will tell. Hopefully it won’t end up like 2015 where we can’t decide who our damn QB is.
RB’s will be phenomenal next year.

Don't sleep on Matt Connors. I think WestSideRabbit (who is more in-the-know than most) said something along the lines of the coaching staff being high on him so far as a true freshman. Kid's production and tape looked good from HS as well, just needs to add some mass to his slender frame.

Hopefully a heated, 3 way battle for QB will bring out the best at that position next year. Until then, lets appreciate Taryn's talent and the 5 more wins he's going to bring the Jackrabbit this year :)

Thumper 76
November 15th, 2018, 06:04 AM
We’re set at RB, but Nelson could win the QB battle next year and then I think we’ll see something similar to when Lujan was qb. I would think if Gibbs was at a real high level already he would have seen some time in garbage time in a couple of games. But then again with how late the staff has been at pulling Taryn I could certainly be wayyyy off on that.

Oops, had to fix a typo, could not would.

dewey
November 15th, 2018, 06:08 AM
It will be interesting to watch what happens in Manhattan Kansas.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/918861-McFeely-If-Kansas-State-job-opens-NDSU-football-coach-Klieman-will-be-top-candidate

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 15th, 2018, 06:15 AM
It will be interesting to watch what happens in Manhattan Kansas.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/918861-McFeely-If-Kansas-State-job-opens-NDSU-football-coach-Klieman-will-be-top-candidate

Dewey

If that happens and GT wants Coach K, I think he is gone to KSU. Now the question would be how much of the staff would leave....I bet a significant proportion of them would go because of the huge salary increase. KSU's season is done after their last 2 games. If would be a cluster**ck if GT wanted Coach K before the signing period....yikes!

When Coach K leaves, I just hope the AD hires someone that will not change the culture of the program.

dewey
November 15th, 2018, 06:18 AM
If that happens and GT wants Coach K, I think he is gone to KSU. Now the question would be how much of the staff would leave....I bet a significant proportion of them would go because of the huge salary increase. KSU's season is done after their last 2 games. If would be a cluster**ck if GT wanted Coach K before the signing period....yikes!

When Coach K leaves, I just hope the AD hires someone that will not change the culture of the program.You are right. If he takes a good chuck of the staff with him and the new coach isn't a big hit this could derail the dynasty.

I guess it is better to have a coaching change due to winning titles than underperforming.

5 more wins this season!

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 15th, 2018, 06:33 AM
You are right. If he takes a good chuck of the staff with him and the new coach isn't a big hit this could derail the dynasty.

I guess it is better to have a coaching change due to winning titles than underperforming.

5 more wins this season!

Dewey

I think GT would get a lot of pressure to not hire someone right from the FCS ranks. Although Coach K is probably a better coach than most guys at the P5 or G5 level.

It is bound to happed sooner than later. 4 titles in 5 years and a semi appearance....or potential 4 titles....:D

I think the only team that can play with NDSU this year is SDSU because of the familiarity factor. There are good teams out there but they either do not have the offensive firepower to consistently beat the Bison defense or their defense is suspect. And a 1-dimensional team like Kennesaw doesn't worry me one bit. Weber probably has the defense to slow down the Bison offense at times but their offense is mediocre at best. EWU - No. JMU - No. Davis -xlolx No way, not with that defense.

The only thing that will derail this Bison team is themselves this year.

xnodx

Professor Chaos
November 15th, 2018, 06:55 AM
If the K-State job does open up it would be an interesting conundrum for both Taylor and Klieman if there is mutual interest because both guys know all too well what a cluster**** it was when Bohl left but didn't leave in the middle of a playoff run at NDSU. I also think Klieman has a pretty deep connection with this year's senior class since a bunch of them, like Easton Stick for instance, were guys who were committed but unsigned when Bohl announced his departure and stuck with Klieman and NDSU.

There's no "good time" for a coaching change but I get the feeling that, due to these circumstances, Klieman would be a lot less likely to leave this year than say at this time next year. On the other hand he can't take for granted that he'll have another opportunity to take the reins at a P5 program anytime soon after that either.

NDSUtk
November 15th, 2018, 06:56 AM

J'Bore Gibbs was highly regarded out of high school, if he can play at a high level in replacing QB Taryn Christion next year, we should be quite explosive on offense once again.Will be interesting next year to see both *DSU with young QBs.

Bison56
November 15th, 2018, 07:55 AM
If the K-State job does open up it would be an interesting conundrum for both Taylor and Klieman if there is mutual interest because both guys know all too well what a cluster**** it was when Bohl left but didn't leave in the middle of a playoff run at NDSU. I also think Klieman has a pretty deep connection with this year's senior class since a bunch of them, like Easton Stick for instance, were guys who were committed but unsigned when Bohl announced his departure and stuck with Klieman and NDSU.

There's no "good time" for a coaching change but I get the feeling that, due to these circumstances, Klieman would be a lot less likely to leave this year than say at this time next year. On the other hand he can't take for granted that he'll have another opportunity to take the reins at a P5 program anytime soon after that either.

K-State hires Brent Venables, and Coack Klieman goes to Clemson to be D coordinator.xtwocentsx

Professor Chaos
November 15th, 2018, 08:06 AM
K-State hires Brent Venables, and Coack Klieman goes to Clemson to be D coordinator.xtwocentsx
If Klieman were to go somewhere that would be about the best case scenario since it would presumably leave the rest of the coaching staff intact. Is there a connection between Venables and K-State? On it's face that seems like it would be kind of a lateral move for him.

Sycamore62
November 15th, 2018, 08:08 AM
We are having our Elevate campaign today. I figured all you guys would probably be stopping by ISUb's website and making a donation. xlolx

Thumper 76
November 15th, 2018, 08:16 AM

I just don’t see how you can pass up a P5 opportunity. How many FCS coaches get that chance right away? Not many at all. It has to be a perfect storm, and this would be it. The guy who started this whole run only got to Wyoming, you can’t take a P5 offer for granted. That’s just my opinion. Sure sounds like a huge IF right now though.

With that big of an IF, and going off that IF, next year would be fascinating to see what happens at ndsu next year. Because he probably does take a lot of his staff with him. Then couple that with how many seniors will be gone and a new qb? If y’all win a natty with that then the run will never end and I will be pissed xlolx

Jacks02
November 15th, 2018, 08:16 AM
Don't sleep on Matt Connors. I think WestSideRabbit (who is more in-the-know than most) said something along the lines of the coaching staff being high on him so far as a true freshman. Kid's production and tape looked good from HS as well, just needs to add some mass to his slender frame.

Hopefully a heated, 3 way battle for QB will bring out the best at that position next year. Until then, lets appreciate Taryn's talent and the 5 more wins he's going to bring the Jackrabbit this year :)

Yeah, there will definitely be competition in the spring, which is great. Regardless of who wins the QB battle, they should have plenty of weapons at their disposal next season.

Professor Chaos
November 15th, 2018, 08:29 AM
I just don’t see how you can pass up a P5 opportunity. How many FCS coaches get that chance right away? Not many at all. It has to be a perfect storm, and this would be it. The guy who started this whole run only got to Wyoming, you can’t take a P5 offer for granted. That’s just my opinion. Sure sounds like a huge IF right now though.

With that big of an IF, and going off that IF, next year would be fascinating to see what happens at ndsu next year. Because he probably does take a lot of his staff with him. Then couple that with how many seniors will be gone and a new qb? If y’all win a natty with that then the run will never end and I will be pissed xlolx

Klieman's staff has had really low turnover in his 5 years. I believe only 3 coaches have left which is pretty remarkable given the level of success they've had. That may turn out to be detrimental if he does take a HC job somewhere else since it's obvious he has a great relationship with his assistants so most, if not all, would likely follow him.

As for K-State I'd agree that it would be tough to turn down but I'd imagine that decision for him would be much tougher this year than it would be next year due to his relationship with this year's senior class at NDSU. Hopefully old man Snyder keeps going for at least one more year so Klieman doesn't have to make that call yet. Another job I've heard rumors on in regards to Klieman is Iowa St. Matt Campbelll's trajectory is probably taking him to something bigger and better before too long (he's likely to be one of the top candidates at Ohio St if Urban Meyer and tOSU decide to wash their hands of each other) and
Klieman is from Iowa so it's a natural fit for him.

As for the NDSU program it'll be fine if/when he leaves and will still compete for national championships but to keep maintaining the dominant level they've been at would be difficult for Klieman much less his successor. If they would keep it going through a 2nd coaching change (and 3rd QB change) it would be something else. Like I've said several times before though, if there is churn the most important guy to keep (other than Klieman himself) is their head S&C guy Jim Kramer. That guy has been the straw that stirs the drink behind the scenes in terms of building and maintaining NDSU's dynasty.

Bison56
November 15th, 2018, 08:31 AM
If Klieman were to go somewhere that would be about the best case scenario since it would presumably leave the rest of the coaching staff intact. Is there a connection between Venables and K-State? On it's face that seems like it would be kind of a lateral move for him.

He went to school and started his coaching career at K-State

Professor Chaos
November 15th, 2018, 08:51 AM
Well, there you go. That's about as big of a connection as you can have. Good to know. In the article Daytripper posted in another thread it also mentioned that Oregon's current DC is a K-State grad and former assistant. I would guess that McFeely's article about Klieman being "the top candidate" had very little research behind it (shocking I know) other than the known connection with K-State AD Gene Taylor.

Bison56
November 15th, 2018, 09:12 AM
Well, there you go. That's about as big of a connection as you can have. Good to know. In the article Daytripper posted in another thread it also mentioned that Oregon's current DC is a K-State grad and former assistant. I would guess that McFeely's article about Klieman being "the top candidate" had very little research behind it (shocking I know) other than the known connection with K-State AD Gene Taylor.

Typical McFeely.

TheKingpin28
November 15th, 2018, 09:46 AM

Got to love McFooly. Always there to stir the pot and get the clicks to generate his paycheck.

clenz
November 15th, 2018, 09:56 AM
Typical McFeely.Well...

There are major coaching websites, major national writers, people with damn good sources, etc. that have connected Kleiman as a top 2 candidate

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Schism55
November 15th, 2018, 09:59 AM
Interesting. Isn't he the highest paid assistant in college football?
They have a damn good thing going at Clemson...

Bison56
November 15th, 2018, 11:02 AM
Interesting. Isn't he the highest paid assistant in college football?
They have a damn good thing going at Clemson...

Not sure on the pay, and they do have a good thing going at Clemson. I know K-State is not Clemson, but head coaching is usually the goal.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 15th, 2018, 06:58 PM
Local Bison radio station had SIU's head football coach on today. Seems like a decent guy. They have a ton of injuries in the secondary.

He has a ton of respect for Coach K and how he runs the program at NDSU.....which every coach says when they are on the show. Former SIU coach Jerry Kill is now the AD there and Coach Hill played for him. Like the 2 Bison radio guys mentioned, Kill will give Coach Hill time to right the ship there. They need to learn how to win.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 16th, 2018, 05:36 AM
https://www.inforum.com/sports/919828-Kolpack-USA-Today-pollster-Sagarin-has-Bison-ranked-ahead-of-Wisconsin

NDSU ranked #24 in all of college football!

ST_Lawson
November 16th, 2018, 08:09 AM
MVFC Week 12 Preview: http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-12-preview-3/
The end is nigh.

CappinHard
November 16th, 2018, 10:02 AM
https://www.inforum.com/sports/919828-Kolpack-USA-Today-pollster-Sagarin-has-Bison-ranked-ahead-of-Wisconsin

NDSU ranked #24 in all of college football!

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-q0G7kQw3GHM/UrDOHsy5OuI/AAAAAAAAPV0/712TpTxlCws/s1600/michael-keaton.gif

TheKingpin28
November 16th, 2018, 10:14 AM
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-q0G7kQw3GHM/UrDOHsy5OuI/AAAAAAAAPV0/712TpTxlCws/s1600/michael-keaton.gif

https://i.giphy.com/media/ueQqTSVzwxXy/giphy.webp

CappinHard
November 16th, 2018, 10:22 AM
When Coach K leaves, I just hope the AD hires someone that will not change the culture of the program.

I'm guessing Pelini will be available soon! Maybe if you're lucky, UNI will finally fire Farley and NDSU could swoop in and get him. Both great options.

NDSUtk
November 16th, 2018, 12:36 PM
I'm guessing Pelini will be available soon! Maybe if you're lucky, UNI will finally fire Farley and NDSU could swoop in and get him. Both great options.LOL thanks for the support! Love this post.

Thumper 76
November 16th, 2018, 01:20 PM
Klieman's staff has had really low turnover in his 5 years. I believe only 3 coaches have left which is pretty remarkable given the level of success they've had. That may turn out to be detrimental if he does take a HC job somewhere else since it's obvious he has a great relationship with his assistants so most, if not all, would likely follow him.

As for K-State I'd agree that it would be tough to turn down but I'd imagine that decision for him would be much tougher this year than it would be next year due to his relationship with this year's senior class at NDSU. Hopefully old man Snyder keeps going for at least one more year so Klieman doesn't have to make that call yet. Another job I've heard rumors on in regards to Klieman is Iowa St. Matt Campbelll's trajectory is probably taking him to something bigger and better before too long (he's likely to be one of the top candidates at Ohio St if Urban Meyer and tOSU decide to wash their hands of each other) and
Klieman is from Iowa so it's a natural fit for him.

As for the NDSU program it'll be fine if/when he leaves and will still compete for national championships but to keep maintaining the dominant level they've been at would be difficult for Klieman much less his successor. If they would keep it going through a 2nd coaching change (and 3rd QB change) it would be something else. Like I've said several times before though, if there is churn the most important guy to keep (other than Klieman himself) is their head S&C guy Jim Kramer. That guy has been the straw that stirs the drink behind the scenes in terms of building and maintaining NDSU's dynasty.

If there’s any year you take a different job, it’s the year you have a huge senior class and are killing everyone, not the year after when your not going to look as impressive. I get the emotional attachment but man, I don’t see anybody passing up that size pay raise that a P5 has if they’re looking to move up.

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2018, 01:29 PM
If there’s any year you take a different job, it’s the year you have a huge senior class and are killing everyone, not the year after when your not going to look as impressive. I get the emotional attachment but man, I don’t see anybody passing up that size pay raise that a P5 has if they’re looking to move up.

Well, he is set to have 19 seniors next year as well. ;)

But I get what you're saying and you're right.

Sycamore62
November 16th, 2018, 04:12 PM
Well, he is set to have 19 seniors next year as well. ;)

But I get what you're saying and you're right.

We regularly have 19 seniors so...

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 16th, 2018, 05:21 PM
I'm guessing Pelini will be available soon! Maybe if you're lucky, UNI will finally fire Farley and NDSU could swoop in and get him. Both great options.

Or maybe the AD can offer free alcohol for life to lure Stig north?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 16th, 2018, 05:26 PM
MVFC Week 12 Preview: http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-12-preview-3/
The end is nigh.

Nice work as always!

xthumbsupx

Thanks for putting the time and effort into doing this!

CappinHard
November 16th, 2018, 07:59 PM
Or maybe the AD can offer free alcohol for life to lure Stig north?

You can't handle the Joose.

TheKingpin28
November 16th, 2018, 08:19 PM
You can't handle the Joose.You're right, I'd probably end up in a ditch. xcoffeex

Bison56
November 16th, 2018, 08:20 PM
You're right, I'd probably end up in a ditch. xcoffeex

Only if you mix it with taxes.

Herder
November 17th, 2018, 04:24 AM
You can't handle the Joose.

You want him on that squad, you need him on that squad!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 17th, 2018, 04:48 AM
NDSU Game Day Preview: https://gobison.com/documents/2018/11/12//NDSU_Football_Notes_20181112.pdf?id=13074

https://www.bison1660.com/football/

Bison 49-9

Sycamore62
November 17th, 2018, 10:46 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181117/adb6f24da42af0081c79b107ea2a2579.jpg
This is part of the drive to Macomb

TennBison
November 17th, 2018, 10:46 AM
NDSU Game Day Preview: https://gobison.com/documents/2018/11/12//NDSU_Football_Notes_20181112.pdf?id=13074

https://www.bison1660.com/football/

Bison 49-9
I find it remarkable the Stick can break the record for most wins by a FCS QB. Which by the way is held by another NDSU QB.

Bison56
November 17th, 2018, 11:09 AM

You going through North Dakota?

Sycamore62
November 17th, 2018, 11:38 AM
You going through North Dakota?

Feels like it. Or what i assume that feels like

TheKingpin28
November 17th, 2018, 12:26 PM
Feels like it. Or what i assume that feels like

Outside of Fargo and the city to the north, this is what Eastern North Dakota looks like.

RabidRabbit
November 17th, 2018, 04:33 PM
Congrats to the trees on managing to win at Western. Hope to see you guys in the playoffs.

TheKingpin28
November 17th, 2018, 04:39 PM
Congrats to the trees on managing to win at Western. Hope to see you guys in the playoffs.

I think with NCAT going to the CB, ISUb should be able to get in as one of the last 4 in.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 17th, 2018, 10:14 PM
I think the Valley is getting 4 teams in:

NDSU
SDSU
Ind State
UNI

Professor Chaos
November 17th, 2018, 10:54 PM
So had Indiana St not horribly mismanaged the clock at the end of regulation in Brookings and had multiple shots to win, taken advantage, and finished 8-3 would they have been seeded? Obviously a meaningless hypothetical at this point but this team was 0-11 last year. What an incredible turnaround!

Despite NDSU running roughshod over the rest of the conference I think the MVFC Coach of the Year award is in the bag for Coach Mallory.

BisonTru
November 17th, 2018, 10:59 PM
I think the Valley is getting 4 teams in:

NDSU
SDSU
Ind State
UNI

Agreed.

dewey
November 17th, 2018, 11:03 PM
So had Indiana St not horribly mismanaged the clock at the end of regulation in Brookings and had multiple shots to win, taken advantage, and finished 8-3 would they have been seeded? Obviously a meaningless hypothetical at this point but this team was 0-11 last year. What an incredible turnaround!

Despite NDSU running roughshod over the rest of the conference I think the MVFC Coach of the Year award is in the bag for Coach Mallory.

Indiana State has had an incredible turnarounds. Heck they could have been 9-2 (3 point loss to SDSU and Missouri State). They would be seeded then.

Quite the season for the Trees.

Dewey

Sycamore62
November 17th, 2018, 11:30 PM
Indiana State has had an incredible turnarounds. Heck they could have been 9-2 (3 point loss to SDSU and Missouri State). They would be seeded then.

Quite the season for the Trees.

Dewey

Although I don’t think the replay was great, the MSU 4th and goal TD with :17 left I think would have been turned over with good camera angles. When he hit the ground out of bounds I tbought the ball turned in his grasp. I think if we make the playoffs we may have Keys back which might be big.

Sycamore62
November 17th, 2018, 11:32 PM
Any idea which AD is representing the league for the committee? Or do they still do that

BisonTru
November 17th, 2018, 11:41 PM
Any idea which AD is representing the league for the committee? Or do they still do that

Kyle Moats, Missouri St AD

JayJ79
November 17th, 2018, 11:51 PM
There are routes that stick to more mainstream roads, no matter which direction you are coming from.
But yeah, if you follow GPS routes to Macomb from certain places, it'll take you on some interesting backroads like that one. ("interesting" as in rather narrow and not your standard paving or shoulders)

Lorne_Malvo
November 18th, 2018, 12:16 AM
There are routes that stick to more mainstream roads, no matter which direction you are coming from.
But yeah, if you follow GPS routes to Macomb from certain places, it'll take you on some interesting backroads like that one. ("interesting" as in rather narrow and not your standard paving or shoulders)
Straight, no traffic, set cruise control around 80. I dont see a problem here.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 05:02 AM

Agree on the Coach of the Year.

I went to the NDSU/ISUb game last year and that was a team that looked pathetic in the 52-0 beat down. Great 180 for the Sycs.

Sycamore62
November 18th, 2018, 09:48 AM

This picture was from a detour around a railroad crossing that was out. It was only a 1 mile country road jog but I thought it was a good representation of how you get to Macomb. Honestly it it werent for people not being willing to speed how fast I wanted to go its not that bas of a drive

JSUSoutherner
November 18th, 2018, 09:52 AM
How far away can cops run radar on flat ground like that?

Out here the tactic to catch speeders is to hide in the bushes or behind a small hill, but how do you even catch that out there like that.

TennBison
November 18th, 2018, 10:01 AM

I have a hard time handing a award to a coach just because his team sucked last year, and they managed to turn in a slightly better than average record this year. All while coach K of NDSU is keeping NDSU at the top almost every single year. So I would ask. Are you (anyone) more impressed with a coach who made a team that was already at rock bottom in the MVFC get better? As if they had any other direction to go but up. OR, are you more impressed with a coach who year in and year out has his team at the very top and winning it all almost every year. After all, most everyone will say it is easier to get to the top than to stay on top.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 10:07 AM
I have a hard time handing a award to a coach just because his team sucked last year, and they managed to turn in a slightly better than average record this year. All while coach K of NDSU is keeping NDSU at the top almost every single year. So I would ask. Are you (anyone) more impressed with a coach who made a team that was already at rock bottom in the MVFC get better? As if they had any other direction to go but up. OR, are you more impressed with a coach who year in and year out has his team at the very top and winning it all almost every year. After all, most everyone will say it is easier to get to the top than to stay on top.

Good point.

Sycamore62
November 18th, 2018, 10:25 AM

There was another direction. We lost like 55 of 56 at one point.

Thumper 76
November 18th, 2018, 10:36 AM

More impressed with Mallory. Not every award or discussion has to pat the bison on their head. Mallory turned a dumpster fire into a playoff team. K took over a program already on top with a template in place to keep it there.

TheKingpin28
November 18th, 2018, 10:51 AM

I'd argue it is harder to recruit players to go to a school that is a consistent 0-11/1-10/2-9 than a consistent national title winner. Getting a coach to have his players believe they will not just have a winning season, but have a legit shot at the playoffs, a year after going 0-11, that is impressive. Especially after losing, IMO, the only RB in the league that could start at NDSU in Keys. (Some would argue Weymiller and Wallace, but I'd say Keys would make the roster at NDSU over those 2). Then bringing in a transfer QB who had little to no experience and carries the team after Keys goes down to a 7* win season? Let's not sell Mallory short here. I respect the hell out of Coach Klieman and he deserves the award for keeping the engine going, but let's be honest, they were projected to finish DEAD LAST in all but 1 poll this season in the MVFC and ended up finishing tied for 3rd in the Valley. That's beyond impressive. If I was voting, Mallory would get my vote in a heartbeat, and that is no slight at Klieman for what he has done, but if someone would have told me ISUb would hit 7 wins this year, I would have called them crazy and I think most would have as well.

JayJ79
November 18th, 2018, 11:18 AM
This time a year, you might be able to do that. (just gotta watch out when coming over a hill, never know when a slow tractor is driving down the road).
But in the summer/early fall, the corn blocks quite a bit of vision.

Sycamore62
November 18th, 2018, 12:45 PM
I'm an eternal optimist and I thought if ISUb would have won 5 games it would have been a successful season.

Sycamore62
November 18th, 2018, 01:07 PM
Here's a question. Lets say we would have beat UNI and Missouri St. That would put us at 9-2 and i realize we are in at that point, but does that also make us 9-2 with zero good wins? lets say we would have caught a pass with :25 left, does that make us 10-1 with 1 ok win over a team that went 7-3? I mean we could have switched out our loss to Louisville with a non-conference loss to NDSU (i know that wouldn't happen but whatever) and done any of the things above. I think the committee mistook parity for weakness this year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 01:20 PM
Here's a question. Lets say we would have beat UNI and Missouri St. That would put us at 9-2 and i realize we are in at that point, but does that also make us 9-2 with zero good wins? lets say we would have caught a pass with :25 left, does that make us 10-1 with 1 ok win over a team that went 7-3? I mean we could have switched out our loss to Louisville with a non-conference loss to NDSU (i know that wouldn't happen but whatever) and done any of the things above. I think the committee mistook parity for weakness this year.

After listening to the committee chair yapping on their reasons, Ind State didn't get in because of their non-counter.

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2018, 01:45 PM
After listening to the committee chair yapping on their reasons, Ind State didn't get in because of their non-counter.
This seems so bass ackwards to me. You punish Indiana St for playing a D2 and reward Incarnate Word who didn't play an 11th game at all (by their own choice). So the message is it's better not to play a game at all than to play a D2 game. The Sycamores got shafted big time.

ST_Lawson
November 18th, 2018, 04:38 PM
This time a year, you might be able to do that. (just gotta watch out when coming over a hill, never know when a slow tractor is driving down the road).
But in the summer/early fall, the corn blocks quite a bit of vision.

Also gotta watch out for deer. Can't hide behind the corn, but if you head past a clump of trees or large bushes, they could be chilling in those. There's a lotj

Thumper 76
November 18th, 2018, 04:44 PM

That’s what people have been saying about SDSU all year so far, so probably. You guys should be in though. Hopefully Mallory keeps the train going.

TennBison
November 18th, 2018, 05:00 PM
I do have to say that I get a big laugh out of any team that feels they should be in the playoffs but got left out. This whole situation where teams feel like they were short changed or that the selection committee picked another team to cut travel or get back at them or whatever Bull that teams fans can come up with is great comedy. Just like listening to the JMU coach go on his little rant about how he felt his team was disrespected because they did not get a seed, lol. Consider yourself lucky as it is that you were even close to making the playoffs in the first place with a 7-4 or 6-5 record. 24 teams in the playoffs is watering it down, it should be 16 seeded teams and that is it. If you are 7-4 or 6-5 and didn't get in don't blame the selection committee, blame your team for not doing better or for not playing quality opponents. No ones fault but your team for not winning enough.

TennBison
November 18th, 2018, 05:08 PM
I'd argue it is harder to recruit players to go to a school that is a consistent 0-11/1-10/2-9 than a consistent national title winner. Getting a coach to have his players believe they will not just have a winning season, but have a legit shot at the playoffs, a year after going 0-11, that is impressive. Especially after losing, IMO, the only RB in the league that could start at NDSU in Keys. (Some would argue Weymiller and Wallace, but I'd say Keys would make the roster at NDSU over those 2). Then bringing in a transfer QB who had little to no experience and carries the team after Keys goes down to a 7* win season? Let's not sell Mallory short here. I respect the hell out of Coach Klieman and he deserves the award for keeping the engine going, but let's be honest, they were projected to finish DEAD LAST in all but 1 poll this season in the MVFC and ended up finishing tied for 3rd in the Valley. That's beyond impressive. If I was voting, Mallory would get my vote in a heartbeat, and that is no slight at Klieman for what he has done, but if someone would have told me ISUb would hit 7 wins this year, I would have called them crazy and I think most would have as well.
So with you train of thought, if NDSU were to continue their winning ways for the next ten years, no coach from NDSU could ever win the Coach of the Year award. All because the coach (s) would have been in a system that is already winning and no one would feel that he did anything special to get them there.

TheKingpin28
November 18th, 2018, 05:59 PM
So with you train of thought, if NDSU were to continue their winning ways for the next ten years, no coach from NDSU could ever win the Coach of the Year award. All because the coach (s) would have been in a system that is already winning and no one would feel that he did anything special to get them there.

I never said that. I said "he deserves the award for keeping the engine going, but let's be honest, they were projected to finish DEAD LAST in all but 1 poll this season..." Mallory did more with less than Klieman did. Every projected NDSU to finish #1, everyone but 1 projected ISUb to finish last. I took my green and gold glasses off for a minute and saw what I didn't want to see, Mallory is the MVFC Coach of the Year.

ST_Lawson
November 19th, 2018, 08:20 AM
MVFC Week 12 in Review: http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-12-in-review-2/

uni88
November 19th, 2018, 08:56 AM
I never said that. I said "he deserves the award for keeping the engine going, but let's be honest, they were projected to finish DEAD LAST in all but 1 poll this season..." Mallory did more with less than Klieman did. Every projected NDSU to finish #1, everyone but 1 projected ISUb to finish last. I took my green and gold glasses off for a minute and saw what I didn't want to see, Mallory is the MVFC Coach of the Year.

+1

It's coach of the year not coach of the decade. What Mallory accomplished in 2018 was amazing. Nothing against Klieman, he is the coach of the decade.

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2018, 09:44 AM
+1

It's coach of the year not coach of the decade. What Mallory accomplished in 2018 was amazing. Nothing against Klieman, he is the coach of the decade.

I avoid Bisonville as I know if I said something like that, I'd be chastised by a decent amount of them over there.

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2018, 09:51 AM
FWIW Klieman himself said that Mallory should be the MVFC COTY on the Bison Football Coach's Show yesterday morning. Klieman has never been one to toot his own horn so I wouldn't expect him to campaign for himself but he brought it up unsolicited just when they were talking about the final MVFC standings.

Bison56
November 19th, 2018, 09:59 AM
I avoid Bisonville as I know if I said something like that, I'd be chastised by a decent amount of them over there.

It would be just like the post earlier x1000.

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2018, 10:03 AM
It would be just like the post earlier x1000.

Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts, and I won't deprive them of that, but Mallory is hands down the COTY for the Valley.

Bison56
November 19th, 2018, 10:10 AM
Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts, and I won't deprive them of that, but Mallory is hands down the COTY for the Valley.

I agree.

ST_Lawson
November 21st, 2018, 03:15 PM
MVFC Playoffs Round 1 Preview: AKA Lamar at Northern Iowa (http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-postseason-week-1-preview/)

Sycamore62
November 21st, 2018, 03:35 PM
MVFC Playoffs Round 1 Preview: AKA Lamar at Northern Iowa (http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-postseason-week-1-preview/)

Every time in my life that I have seen Lamar mentioned this is all I can think of (anyone else?):

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181121/51f916c28b1b753c8d34cc65965d6d89.jpg

Bison56
November 21st, 2018, 05:05 PM
Every time in my life that I have seen Lamar mentioned this is all I can think of (anyone else?):

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181121/51f916c28b1b753c8d34cc65965d6d89.jpg

Yep

Schism55
November 21st, 2018, 05:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdN0YgNMf_I
Soooo dope xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2018, 07:14 PM

Nice work as always!

I agree....UNI will win this one going away.

dewey
November 23rd, 2018, 10:35 PM
Here is an article from the Fargo Forum about who has the best chance of beating the Bison in the playoffs.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/football/923411-McFeely-Jackrabbits-have-to-break-through-at-some-point-right

Dewey

Thumper 76
November 23rd, 2018, 11:50 PM
Here is an article from the Fargo Forum about a non-NDSU team beating the Bison in the playoffs.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/football/923411-McFeely-Jackrabbits-have-to-break-through-at-some-point-right

Dewey

I see he’s using the POD KOD strategy xcoffeex

POD Knows
November 24th, 2018, 08:34 AM
I see he’s using the POD KOD strategy xcoffeex

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkMcFeeley doesn't have the gift, I am going to bet heavy on SDSU in the playoffs, they are the team to beat and are the favorite, in my book, to win it all. I might even bet a few of my most prized possessions on SDSU as my confidence level is high.

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 10:51 AM
McFeeley doesn't have the gift, I am going to bet heavy on SDSU in the playoffs, they are the team to beat and are the favorite, in my book, to win it all. I might even bet a few of my most prized possessions on SDSU as my confidence level is high.

No, not the Sebring rag(literally)top!

mmiller_34
November 24th, 2018, 10:55 AM
McFeeley doesn't have the gift, I am going to bet heavy on SDSU in the playoffs, they are the team to beat and are the favorite, in my book, to win it all. I might even bet a few of my most prized possessions on SDSU as my confidence level is high.

Well one of us is going to win some money. I am betting heavily against SDSU. In fact, I have no doubt that we don’t make it past the 2nd round.

Truthfully, I don’t see anyone making a game against NDSU. NDSU will win all playoff games by 20+

Thumper 76
November 24th, 2018, 11:00 AM

So your betting BF02 on the game?

My bad you said prized possessions xlolx

BisonFan02
November 24th, 2018, 11:18 AM

Derp. xlolx

POD Knows
November 24th, 2018, 11:52 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk:D What is his blue book value. I need to get him appraised.

TheKingpin28
November 24th, 2018, 02:22 PM

xdrunkyx

ST_Lawson
November 26th, 2018, 09:59 AM
MVFC Playoffs Round 1 In Review: AKA Mistakes were Made (http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-postseason-week-1-in-review/)

ST_Lawson
November 30th, 2018, 08:51 AM
MVFC in Round 2 Preview: http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-postseason-week-2-preview/

Bisonator
November 30th, 2018, 09:15 AM
MVFC in Round 2 Preview: http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-postseason-week-2-preview/
Good preview!xthumbsupx

ysubigred
November 30th, 2018, 09:46 AM
Finally made it to a Casey's General Store. My son is stationed at Scott AFB in IL and they are every where as soon as you hit the Indy state line. Had the breakfast pizza scale 1-10 ~ 7 The regular pizza was a 5+.

The MVFC sucks!!

Carry on :D

JSUSoutherner
November 30th, 2018, 10:32 AM
Finally made it to a Casey's General Store. My son is stationed at Scott AFB in IL and they are every where as soon as you hit the Indy state line. Had the breakfast pizza scale 1-10 ~ 7 The regular pizza was a 5+.

The MVFC sucks!!

Carry on :D

QT is better.

TheKingpin28
November 30th, 2018, 10:42 AM
QT is better.And that's why your team consistently bows out in their first game. xlolx

JSUSoutherner
November 30th, 2018, 10:43 AM
And that's why your team consistently bows out in their first game. xlolx

Hey now, we're back to .500 in opening playoffs games again. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

TheKingpin28
November 30th, 2018, 10:45 AM
Hey now, we're back to .500 in opening playoffs games again. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.In the classroom, .500 is still an F. xcoffeex Cause as we know, the NCAA cares about their STUDENT-ATHLETES.

JSUSoutherner
November 30th, 2018, 10:47 AM
In the classroom, .500 is still an F. xcoffeex Cause as we know, the NCAA cares about their STUDENT-ATHLETES.

Lots of failures in the FCS then.

It would be pretty cool to see playoff W-L records for teams over the past 10 years. I may put that one together tonight if no one does it first.

TheKingpin28
November 30th, 2018, 10:55 AM

It would be pretty cool to see playoff W-L records for teams over the past 10 years. I may put that one together tonight if no one does it first.Well considering about 2/3 to 3/4 of the field doesn't even make it, this would make sense.

ST_Lawson
December 2nd, 2018, 12:30 PM
Playoff round 2 MVFC games in review: http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-postseason-week-2-in-review/

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2018, 01:52 PM

It would be pretty cool to see playoff W-L records for teams over the past 10 years. I may put that one together tonight if no one does it first.

NDSU's playoff record in the FCS: 29-2

D2: 35-13

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2018, 03:22 PM

I've got a list of records in the playoffs by conferences and teams that I can do for any timeframe. Sorted by wins here's the teams list for the last 10 years (not including this year's games - so 2008 to 2017):

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4915/44333698190_9f7d0f28ac_b.jpg

And by conference:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4804/45238573605_b099bac2b5.jpg

JSUSoutherner
December 2nd, 2018, 04:30 PM
I've got a list of records in the playoffs by conferences and teams that I can do for any timeframe. Sorted by wins here's the teams list for the last 10 years (not including this year's games - so 2008 to 2017):

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4915/44333698190_9f7d0f28ac_b.jpg

And by conference:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4804/45238573605_b099bac2b5.jpgThat's lit. Can you tell us what it looks like since the beginning of NDSUs run, please?

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2018, 06:27 PM
That's lit. Can you tell us what it looks like since the beginning of NDSUs run, please?

This is from 2011 and on:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4897/44335570680_e5878832c2_z.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4857/45240393355_4c76366ea5.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2018, 08:29 PM
Interesting story for Bison fans: Snyder out at K State.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/927305-With-Snyder-out-at-Kansas-State-Klieman-speculation-continues

dewey
December 2nd, 2018, 08:56 PM
This is from 2011 and on:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4897/44335570680_e5878832c2_z.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4857/45240393355_4c76366ea5.jpg

We here that the MVFC is all NDSU and everyone else even though the MVFC has won 23 games if you remove NDSU. 2nd best amongst all other conferences.

Probably a few more as the 2015 UNI, 2014 SDSU and 2014 Illinois State probably win their games against someone else other than NDSU. Of course some other conferences would have more wins too if NDSU weren't there.

Dewey

dewey
December 2nd, 2018, 09:05 PM
Interesting story for Bison fans: Snyder out at K State.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/927305-With-Snyder-out-at-Kansas-State-Klieman-speculation-continues

Here is an article from the Wichita Eagle about potential replacement candidates for the Kansas State head coaching job.

https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article222265515.html

Dewey

ST_Lawson
December 7th, 2018, 08:30 AM
MVFC in the Playoffs: Round 3 - http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-postseason-week-3-preview/

F'N Hawks
December 7th, 2018, 09:42 AM
Here is an article from the Wichita Eagle about potential replacement candidates for the Kansas State head coaching job.

https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article222265515.html

Dewey

Seems strange to me that Klieman could get a Big 12 job out of NDSU but all Bohl could muster was lowly Wyoming. Bohl built the entire thing from scratch and Klieman has maintained it. Optics of this one don't seem grounded in reality but we'll see what GT thinks.

dewey
December 7th, 2018, 09:49 AM
Seems strange to me that Klieman could get a Big 12 job out of NDSU but all Bohl could muster was lowly Wyoming. Bohl built the entire thing from scratch and Klieman has maintained it. Optics of this one don't seem grounded in reality but we'll see what GT thinks.

Agreed. I think Klieman gets mentioned due to the GT connection however there are some pretty big names out there that would get the job over Klieman. I think for the Kansas State boosters a head coach from "Junior Varsity" football in Podunk North Dakota would be tough.

Klieman said in his press conference this past Monday he has had no contact with GT. That doesn't mean that his agent has however.

I think Klieman could win in Manhattan but I think the boosters wouldn't be in favor of it.

Dewey

F'N Hawks
December 7th, 2018, 09:54 AM
Agreed. I think Klieman gets mentioned due to the GT connection however there are some pretty big names out there that would get the job over Klieman. I think for the Kansas State boosters a head coach from "Junior Varsity" football in Podunk North Dakota would be tough.

Klieman said in his press conference this past Monday he has had no contact with GT. That doesn't mean that his agent has however.

I think Klieman could win in Manhattan but I think the boosters wouldn't be in favor of it.

Dewey

He could win no doubt. I would be pissed if I as Bohl! LOL.

clenz
December 7th, 2018, 10:03 AM
Seems strange to me that Klieman could get a Big 12 job out of NDSU but all Bohl could muster was lowly Wyoming. Bohl built the entire thing from scratch and Klieman has maintained it. Optics of this one don't seem grounded in reality but we'll see what GT thinks.Kleiman is 5 years younger than Bohl was when Bohl took the Wyoming job. Bohl at 56 was getting older.

Bohl also has a lot of skeletons in his closet that make him a tough sell to a larger school from an FCS school.

NDSU fans can talk about Farley not being likeable, but Bohl is every bit (if not more) unlikeable.

Kleiman on the other hand has a pretty damn good image. He's tied closely to major names in the CFB world. It's an easier sell that he simply held for the right place rather than jumping for any G5 job

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2018, 10:36 AM
http://footballscoop.com/news/sources-kansas-state-zeroing-chris-klieman/

https://media.giphy.com/media/yoJC2Olx0ekMy2nX7W/giphy.gif

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2018, 10:53 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/yoJC2Olx0ekMy2nX7W/giphy.gif

Wow...good for coach K.

Hopefully Entz gets promoted if coach K does leave. Although the $$$ that K State would have for the assistants pool might make it hard to keep any of the staff.

Some say bring Polasek back.....I'm on the fence with him.

Matt Larsen will be getting an email from me to not hire someone that wants to change this culture.

TheKingpin28
December 7th, 2018, 11:21 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/yoJC2Olx0ekMy2nX7W/giphy.gifWe knew this day would come but I don't want to believe it.

Schism55
December 7th, 2018, 11:22 AM
Wow...good for coach K.

Hopefully Entz gets promoted if coach K does leave. Although the $$$ that K State would have for the assistants pool might make it hard to keep any of the staff.

Some say bring Polasek back.....I'm on the fence with him.

Matt Larsen will be getting an email from me to not hire someone that wants to change this culture.
Well.......
https://twitter.com/TomKCTV5/status/1071079868262166528

ST_Lawson
December 10th, 2018, 08:42 AM
MVFC in the Quarterfinals, In Review: http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-in-the-quarterfinals-in-review/

I want to thank everyone who has read my articles over the past two seasons. I will be stepping down from writing the MVFC articles at the conclusion of this season due to likely upcoming changes to my work situation. I also want to put the word out that The FCS Wedge is looking for someone to take over writing MVFC content for the 2019 season. If you are interested in doing that, please contact Ursus to let him know.

Just to be clear, I won't be leaving AGS, I'm just going to need to focus more of my time towards work and family in the future and that's going to require me spending less time working on writing articles for The FCS Wedge. Thanks again for reading and supporting my contributions for the last couple of years.

Sycamore62
December 10th, 2018, 09:04 AM
MVFC in the Quarterfinals, In Review: http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-in-the-quarterfinals-in-review/

I want to thank everyone who has read my articles over the past two seasons. I will be stepping down from writing the MVFC articles at the conclusion of this season due to likely upcoming changes to my work situation. I also want to put the word out that The FCS Wedge is looking for someone to take over writing MVFC content for the 2019 season. If you are interested in doing that, please contact Ursus to let him know.

Just to be clear, I won't be leaving AGS, I'm just going to need to focus more of my time towards work and family in the future and that's going to require me spending less time working on writing articles for The FCS Wedge. Thanks again for reading and supporting my contributions for the last couple of years.

I'd rep this but it wont let me. I liked your articles even when you picked against us for what seemed like 5 straight wins.

Bison56
December 10th, 2018, 09:05 AM

Thanks for all you do and have done, always enjoy reading your work.

Thumper 76
December 10th, 2018, 09:25 AM

THANK YOU for what you’ve done man. That’s a hell of a time commitment you put in.

POD Knows
December 10th, 2018, 09:45 AM

Just to be clear, I won't be leaving AGS, I'm just going to need to focus more of my time towards work and family in the future and that's going to require me spending less time working on writing articles for The FCS Wedge. Thanks again for reading and supporting my contributions for the last couple of years.Thanks for all you did with the articles.

ST_Lawson
December 10th, 2018, 10:55 AM
I'd rep this but it wont let me. I liked your articles even when you picked against us for what seemed like 5 straight wins.

To be fair, you did go through a winless season in 2017. I don't think anyone expected the kind of turnaround you guys had, especially once Keys went down...and then you just kept on winning. Things are looking promising for the Sycamores for the near future. Looking at next year's schedule, I don't think an 8-4 record is unreasonable to hope for.

Sycamore62
December 10th, 2018, 11:16 AM
To be fair, you did go through a winless season in 2017. I don't think anyone expected the kind of turnaround you guys had, especially once Keys went down...and then you just kept on winning. Things are looking promising for the Sycamores for the near future. Looking at next year's schedule, I don't think an 8-4 record is unreasonable to hope for.

We were close to losing about 4 of those. I have to remind the optimist in me about that.

Bisonator
December 10th, 2018, 12:17 PM

Thanks for the work you put into these!xthumbsupx

ST_Lawson
December 10th, 2018, 02:37 PM
WIU DB Justin Fitzpatrick (who also plays on the baseball team and is an award-winning video producer) is also apparently finding another calling putting together highlight reels for some of our seniors.
For those of you who are interested in those sorts of things, you can check out his one for Khalen Saunders (and his channel has a few others), here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqTygqcHeUs

Winterborn
December 10th, 2018, 10:08 PM

Thanks for all the work you have put in! Always enjoyed reading the articles and learned quite a bit from them.

Redbird 4th & short
December 11th, 2018, 09:04 AM

sorry to hear Lawson .. but for your tireless dedicated service to this forum and the MVFC, the dali hereby decrees and bestows upon you the dali's highest honor and status (sub-dali level, but still pretty damn good !!) .... you will now be granted "irrevocable" total consciousness on your deathbed. Which means future dali's won't be able to touch you .. no matter what you do to dishonor this grant.

Seriously, enjoyed your contributions here and occasionally on Redbird Forum. Those things are a fair amount of work, not to mention putting yourself and opinions out there.

Sycamore62
December 11th, 2018, 10:27 AM
sorry to hear Lawson .. but for your tireless dedicated service to this forum and the MVFC, the dali hereby decrees and bestows upon you the dali's highest honor and status (sub-dali level, but still pretty damn good !!) .... you will now be granted "irrevocable" total consciousness on your deathbed. Which means future dali's won't be able to touch you .. no matter what you do to dishonor this grant.

Seriously, enjoyed your contributions here and occasionally on Redbird Forum. Those things are a fair amount of work, not to mention putting yourself and opinions out there.

So you got that going for you. Which is nice.

ST_Lawson
December 11th, 2018, 10:47 AM

I still plan on being around and putting my opinions out here...just won't be spending as much time digging into stats and perusing play-by-play records of the games. And of course I'll still pop by Redbirdfan periodically when the WIU/ILSU game rolls around.

So you got that going for you. Which is nice.

https://i.giphy.com/uGGT9wVlxPAuk.gif

ST_Lawson
December 14th, 2018, 08:20 AM
MVFC in the Semifinals - Preview: http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-in-the-semifinals-preview/

Sycamore62
December 14th, 2018, 08:34 AM
our 2019 schedule. Somehow we scored 7 home games. I think Ill attend minus how many Saturday playoff games my officiating crew gets assigned to.

https://twitter.com/damnangry/status/1073446832691384321?s=21

Bisonator
December 14th, 2018, 08:38 AM
our 2019 schedule. Somehow we scored 7 home games. I think Ill attend minus how many Saturday playoff games my officiating crew gets assigned to.

https://twitter.com/damnangry/status/1073446832691384321?s=21
Kick Les Miles ass!:D

Thumper 76
December 14th, 2018, 09:49 AM

That would be beautiful xlolx

ST_Lawson
December 17th, 2018, 08:13 AM
The usual...http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-in-the-semifinals-in-review/

Gil Dobie
December 19th, 2018, 11:56 AM
Interesting that Iowa St QB Zeb Noland signed with NDSU today.

MTfan4life
December 19th, 2018, 07:42 PM

Very interesting. I was wondering if they'd get a transfer QB, which is definitely against the norm for NDSU. He threw for 360, 2 TDs, and 1 INT against Oklahoma. He also started against Akron with decent numbers. At the minimum, you'd have to imagine he'd at least be in the running for the starting job next season. He's not very mobile, though, which would be a stark contrast from the three QBs the Bison have had throughout their FCS title reign.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 19th, 2018, 07:51 PM

Added QB depth. 2 RFR and 1 true FR right now on the roster.

Trey Lance will be the starter next year IMO.

Thumper 76
December 19th, 2018, 10:02 PM
A look at what SDSU has returning. https://www.argusleader.com/story/blogs/mattzimmer/2018/12/16/breaking-down-south-dakota-states-2019-roster/2330540002/

dewey
December 19th, 2018, 10:31 PM
A look at what SDSU has returning. https://www.argusleader.com/story/blogs/mattzimmer/2018/12/16/breaking-down-south-dakota-states-2019-roster/2330540002/

I saw that the other day. No way you guys are any good next year when you have to replace Christian. No way.

<Dripping with sarcasm >

If SDSU can find a quarterback they should again be a deep playoff team with all of that talent returning.

Dewey

Thumper 76
December 20th, 2018, 07:24 AM
I saw that the other day. No way you guys are any good next year when you have to replace Christian. No way.

If SDSU can find a quarterback they should again be a deep playoff team with all of that talent returning.

Dewey

I mean, I was tempted to go back and quote all the people who said the no playoffs thing this year, but goddamn this thread is too damn big xlolx

The qb thing is going to be interesting. From what I’m seeing/hearing, it’s going to be a serious question mark.

Sycamore62
December 20th, 2018, 08:16 AM

we just lost our OC to his staff. I cant blame a guy for taking about a 100% pay bump. I hope he does well for all their games after week 3

Yote 53
December 20th, 2018, 08:45 AM

Another ISU backup QB, Devon Moore, is coming to USD. The emergence of Brock Purdy has that position on lockdown in Ames for several years to come.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2018, 08:48 AM
Another ISU backup QB, Devon Moore, is coming to USD. The emergence of Brock Purdy has that position on lockdown in Ames for several years to come.

Good to add competition in spring ball but Noland is not mobile so that doesn't fit too well in NDSU's offensive scheme for a mobile QB. Trey Lance will be the QB in '19 and if he isn't I'll be shocked.

cx500d
December 20th, 2018, 09:22 AM
Good to add competition in spring ball but Noland is not mobile so that doesn't fit too well in NDSU's offensive scheme for a mobile QB. Trey Lance will be the QB in '19 and if he isn't I'll be shocked.

I thought that was interesting he would go to ndsu...

BisonBacker
December 20th, 2018, 09:44 AM

I agree having a mobile qb is a priority in this offense. Finding one as good as Easton is a long shot but I think Trey has great upside in that regard.

I agree I just don't see him as a viable option given his lack of mobility. I guess we'll see but with the system NDSU has in place I just don't see how he fits. After all you just don't fix what's not broken. Bringing in a guy like him IMHO would necessitate a change in the offensive philosophy and why do that? It would be stupid.

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2018, 09:55 AM

I think NDSU's offensive scheme is better suited than most college offenses for an immobile QB. They go under center far more often than most. I think the read-option concepts built into it was more a product of having a RB level runner playing QB for the last few years. This NDSU offense can operate pretty efficiently without the QB run as a big of a threat as it has been this year but they'll need WRs to step up and a QB to make good decisions and be accurate (like the Steve Walker days with the power west coast offense).

That said I agree with BisonFan in NW MN and that I'd expect Lance to be the starting QB next year. Noland should be a good insurance policy if Lance gets hurt or if either or both of next year's sophomore QBs transfer out themselves.

Sycamore62
December 20th, 2018, 11:12 AM
I agree having a mobile qb is a priority in this offense. Finding one as good as Easton is a long shot but I think Trey has great upside in that regard.

I agree I just don't see him as a viable option given his lack of mobility. I guess we'll see but with the system NDSU has in place I just don't see how he fits. After all you just don't fix what's not broken. Bringing in a guy like him IMHO would necessitate a change in the offensive philosophy and why do that? It would be stupid.

If I'm NDSU, Id rather have an immobile QB with a good arm than a mobile QB with shaky passing skills

TheKingpin28
December 20th, 2018, 12:13 PM
If I'm NDSU, Id rather have an immobile QB with a good arm than a mobile QB with shaky passing skills

I'd take the latter as Easton was shaky when he first started and morphed into an all-FCS/all-NCAA QB when he got to work with Hedberg. That's not saying Zeb can't run and/or won't learn how to, but NDSU is based on maintaining the run while forcing a LB to spy the QB is the success for the Bison. If teams know they have to deal with a true pocket passer, they can pull a LB off the box and swap them for a CB and/or focus on the HB more often knowing the QB won't tuck it and run. There is a reason why Streveler/Stick/TC/Wentz/Jensen/Sumner/etc... have all had success for and against NDSU. They knew how to pass the ball but most importantly, they knew how to run when running was required to succeed. If Zeb can't prove he knows how to tuck it and run, Trey Lance will most likely be the starter as he is capable of doing both. Do not fix what is not broken.

Sycamore62
December 20th, 2018, 12:37 PM
I'd take the latter as Easton was shaky when he first started and morphed into an all-FCS/all-NCAA QB when he got to work with Hedberg. That's not saying Zeb can't run and/or won't learn how to, but NDSU is based on maintaining the run while forcing a LB to spy the QB is the success for the Bison. If teams know they have to deal with a true pocket passer, they can pull a LB off the box and swap them for a CB and/or focus on the HB more often knowing the QB won't tuck it and run. There is a reason why Streveler/Stick/TC/Wentz/Jensen/Sumner/etc... have all had success for and against NDSU. They knew how to pass the ball but most importantly, they knew how to run when running was required to succeed. If Zeb can't prove he knows how to tuck it and run, Trey Lance will most likely be the starter as he is capable of doing both. Do not fix what is not broken.

Monsters on the line and Monsters on the defense. Comfort makes QBs better

TheKingpin28
December 20th, 2018, 12:49 PM
Monsters on the line and Monsters on the defense. Comfort makes QBs betterStreveler had no one at USeD besides Van Grunkel outside and he still crushed it.

Sycamore62
December 20th, 2018, 12:52 PM

Streveler had no one at USeD besides Van Grunkel outside and he still crushed it.

fixed it

cx500d
December 20th, 2018, 12:55 PM

What? Nolands from Georgia.... #SouthernSpeedtm

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2018, 01:03 PM
You don't remember Jose Mohler do you???

TheKingpin28
December 20th, 2018, 03:42 PM
You don't remember Jose Mohler do you???I was there (physically living on/around campus, but rarely went to class and instead went to 1033 College Street, The Beast, The Mansion, or The Rugby House) during that era and I thought Bison fans agreed we just don't talk about that and/or him.

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2018, 10:35 AM

This.

cx500d
December 21st, 2018, 01:07 PM
This.

There's a big difference between monsters, and well, fat people

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2018, 01:09 PM
There's a big difference between monsters, and well, fat peopleWow, really? Woulda thunk it?

Rumor on the street is JSU is working on getting a training table and nutrition program put in place. Hopefully that will help. Just got to work on the penalties now.

Sycamore62
December 21st, 2018, 01:41 PM
There's a big difference between monsters, and well, fat people

Yes, so basically the difference between the players and the people on this forum.

cx500d
December 21st, 2018, 04:42 PM
Yes, so basically the difference between the players and the people on this forum.

I was referring to some of the lineman, kickers, et al in the #SouthernSpeedtm areas

Sycamore62
December 26th, 2018, 09:35 AM
I was referring to some of the lineman, kickers, et al in the #SouthernSpeedtm areas

I know

Twentysix
December 26th, 2018, 10:41 AM
I was there (physically living on/around campus, but rarely went to class and instead went to 1033 College Street, The Beast, The Mansion, or The Rugby House) during that era and I thought Bison fans agreed we just don't talk about that and/or him.

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkJose is a good dude. :)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
December 26th, 2018, 12:00 PM
Jose is a good dude. :)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TapatalkNever had a chance to meet him.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 26th, 2018, 12:13 PM
Coach Best of EWU is coming on Bison1660 in a couple of minutes. This should be good.

dewey
December 26th, 2018, 12:46 PM
Coach Best of EWU is coming on Bison1660 in a couple of minutes. This should be good.

I just listened to it. Good stuff. I love the fact that I can listen to the podcasts or listen live via the web.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 26th, 2018, 12:47 PM
I just listened to it. Good stuff.

Dewey

I like him. He gets it. Former OL so he knows it all starts on the LOS.

dewey
December 26th, 2018, 12:49 PM
I like him. He gets it. Former OL so he knows it all starts on the LOS.I love the fact that he is a through and through type of guy. Eastern time all the way for him.

Dewey

Sycamore62
December 26th, 2018, 03:19 PM
I like him. He gets it. Former OL so he knows it all starts on the LOS.

I thought it all started in the weight room.

BisonFan02
December 26th, 2018, 03:32 PM

Need someone screaming at you in the weightroom.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 26th, 2018, 04:22 PM

no argument there.

I like his attitude. Seems like a coach players would like to play for.

mmiller_34
December 26th, 2018, 07:53 PM
Just wanted to take this opportunity to remind everyone how ugly the DakotaDump is.

http://www.andrewclem.com/Photos/SouthDakota/DakotaDome_ext.jpg

cx500d
December 26th, 2018, 08:01 PM
Just wanted to take this opportunity to remind everyone how ugly the DakotaDump is.

That is ugly. I thought it had an inflatable roof. Reminds me of the concrete sarcophagus over the Chernobyl reactor

Sycamore62
December 27th, 2018, 11:45 AM
id take that dome if it were on our campus

Winindy
December 27th, 2018, 03:44 PM

it would hold a lot of soybeans.

JayJ79
December 27th, 2018, 09:40 PM

at least it is an actual dome.

Kemo
December 27th, 2018, 11:43 PM

In Soviet Russia, football plays you!

cx500d
December 27th, 2018, 11:47 PM
In Soviet Russia, football plays you!
Ok, so I’m not the only one that thought It looked very Stalinist