PDA

View Full Version : The 2018 MVFC Megathread - brought to you by Casey's Pizza

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

underdawg
July 28th, 2018, 01:36 PM
I only see 16 transfers on their roster.....honestly, I thought there would be more.....and maybe there will be once school starts.

I'm looking forward to seeing their defense in action this year. See if Hill is working on getting that side of the ball better.

Ha-ha--the 16 transfers have come over the last 2-3 years--not all this season. Kilby is not all-world as our troll friend contends--just first team D-1 JUCO All-American first team. I'd suggest Bison fans figure out who is going to be their QB rather than troll others about the origin of their recruitsxthumbsupx

Thumper 76
July 28th, 2018, 02:45 PM
Ha-ha--the 16 transfers have come over the last 2-3 years--not all this season. Kilby is not all-world as our troll friend contends--just first team D-1 JUCO All-American first team. I'd suggest Bison fans figure out who is going to be their QB rather than troll others about the origin of their recruitsxthumbsupx

I think you should figure out what team I’m a fan of before accusing me of being a troll. That and you are known for always rooting the horn about how x transfer is going to be great, so don’t get mad that you get laughed at for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
July 28th, 2018, 03:04 PM

Just as a heads up, Stick has 34 wins in 2.5 seasons compared to the 39 wins this entire decade that SIU has, with 2 of those wins coming from D2 programs and 1 of them coming from a NAIA program. If you are going to talk smack, at least try a little harder.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
July 28th, 2018, 05:55 PM

Saying it twice does make it more impressive...

Thumper 76
July 28th, 2018, 06:02 PM
Saying it twice does make it impressive...
FYP

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 29th, 2018, 07:07 AM

I think the Bison's QB position is probably set for this year....xrolleyesx

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 29th, 2018, 07:09 AM
Just as a heads up, Stick has 34 wins in 2.5 seasons compared to the 39 wins this entire decade that SIU has, with 2 of those wins coming from D2 programs and 1 of them coming from a NAIA program. If you are going to talk smack, at least try a little harder.

xlolx

Considering SIU has been a doormat for many years now, maybe they should improve that horrid defense and maybe they can win some games....xthumbsupx

39 wins in a decade.....wow!

xlolx

TheKingpin28
July 29th, 2018, 10:57 AM
xlolx

Considering SIU has been a doormat for many years now, maybe they should improve that horrid defense and maybe they can win some games....xthumbsupx

39 wins in a decade.....wow!

xlolx

There is a high probability that 2 out of the last 3 QBs for the Bison will have more career wins in 3-4 years than SIU has in 10 years. Think about that for a minute. Oh and the potential one who, at the end of the season, has less wins than SIU, was also the #2 draft pick and easily the MVP of the NFL until he got injured and scored a TD on a torn ACL. xnodx

NDSU does not need a world-class QB, they just need a system QB who knows how to control the game and use their legs and arms to keep the defenses from putting 9 in the box against them, but having a world-class QB does not hurt at all. It just makes teams that smack talk the boys in the championship, regret that decision that much more.

katss07
July 29th, 2018, 03:16 PM
I feel really bad for SIU. I was actually born in Carbondale and visit it frequently. And while I’m not a fan of anyone but Sam, I’d love to see them do well in conference. The somewhat new stadium is great, and I’ve attended a game there (a thrilling OT win over UNI). They seem to have a decent following, but attendance is dwindling. I really hope Coach Hill can right the ship and get them back on track, because I truly think this is a sleeping giant. Its only a matter of time before they wake up.

clenz
July 29th, 2018, 04:37 PM
I truly think this is a sleeping giant. Its only a matter of time before they wake up.
Based on what?

All time they have a win % of 45%. They don’t have a single D1 conference title that wasn’t a team coached by, or made up of 90+% recruits of, Jerry Kill.

Outside of a 7 year stretch from Jerry Kill’s, 3rd season (when it really became his program) and 2 years after he left (when it was no longer his program) where SIU was 70-19 SIU has an all time win percent of 342-458-32, dropping down to 43%.

Realistically they aren’t a great program. They don’t have much fan support. The school gets little financial support from the state. To the point that their proud basketball program was destroyed because they could afford the buy out of Chris Lowery. They went from a top 15 team to bottom of the conference in just 4 years. The SIU system appears to be in a massive power struggle between Edwardsville and Carbondale.

I’m sure the SIU fans will come after me with their typical “herp-a-derp” replies and “1983 champions” replies. But even looking at 1983 that seems to have been a massive aberration. They were 3-8 7-4 and 6-5 going into that year and 3-8 4-7 7-4 3-8 after it.

I’m genuinely curious, especially from someone that grew up on the area and moved away, what do you see as a “sleeping giant” there. I simply don’t see it.

Mike296
July 29th, 2018, 05:16 PM
Can confirm at least one of those schools listed did not offer him.
Can confirm he did visit.
Can confirm there was no offer.

Can also confirm that one of those schools has very few 19 rides open and QB isn't a main target of the 19 class

I was joking in this post by the way.

The Yo Show
July 30th, 2018, 07:23 PM
2018 MVFC Preseason Poll Came today:
1. North Dakota State (39) 390
2. South Dakota State 340
3. UNI 270
4. Youngstown State 258
5. Illinois State 248
6. South Dakota 206
7. Western Illinois 163
8. Southern Illinois 139
9. Missouri State 90
10. Indiana State 41

Discussion?

cx500d
July 30th, 2018, 07:34 PM
9&10 are a tossup. Interesting wiu is so low.

The Yo Show
July 30th, 2018, 07:54 PM
I agree on both points. Rather surprised WIU is so low. By the way, Patty V mentioned the Southland conference is looking at maybe returning to an 8 game conference schedule rather than their current 9 and starting a challenge series with MVFC (like the one that currently exists between the big sky)

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder if anyone has thoughts on this or listened to the media clips yet?

The Yo Show
July 30th, 2018, 08:20 PM
Other noteworthy mentions, some valley games will be on ESPN3 and some will be on ESPN+. They were hoping to have the list by media day but they didn't get one and are waiting on ESPN. They just know definitely it is split. Further, "the valley will receive no compensation for game placed on ESPN+" was what was said in response to a question asking if there was a benefit to placing a game on + monetarily. I'm not sure if the question was answered incorrectly though and they meant no additional benefit or extra compensation to be placed on plus instead of 3?

TheKingpin28
July 30th, 2018, 08:26 PM
9&10 are a tossup. Interesting wiu is so low.

I have to think with the turnover of coaches that is why? They return Saunders, McGuire, and McShane, but it is hard to replace Acklin though. They should be above without a doubt YSU (too much turmoil) and USeD (no Streveler and that is hard to replace over 90% of the offense) and I believe ISUr is right at #5 but I think WIU will finish #4 though and still make the playoffs.

TheKingpin28
July 30th, 2018, 08:27 PM
I agree on both points. Rather surprised WIU is so low. By the way, Patty V mentioned the Southland conference is looking at maybe returning to an 8 game conference schedule rather than their current 9 and starting a challenge series with MVFC (like the one that currently exists between the big sky)

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder if anyone has thoughts on this or listened to the media clips yet?

I am against this if it becomes forced as that would leave NDSU with potentially 9 forced games and 2-3 "choice games". In years that an FBS occurs, the other 2 would have to be home games as anything less than 6 home games would be considered unacceptable. If this is something that can be chosen and left up to the schools to decide, then I have no problem as long as the teams would be of equal strength to strengthen the SOS.

Thumper 76
July 30th, 2018, 08:40 PM
I am against this if it becomes forced as that would leave NDSU with potentially 9 forced games and 2-3 "choice games". In years that an FBS occurs, the other 2 would have to be home games as anything less than 6 home games would be considered unacceptable. If this is something that can be chosen and left up to the schools to decide, then I have no problem as long as the teams would be of equal strength to strengthen the SOS.

Poor crybabies won’t get to have 7 home games anymore. Wahhhhhhhh.

TheKingpin28
July 30th, 2018, 08:41 PM

Not NDSUs fault that they have earned the right to host 6-7 home games a year. Maybe if your school won a championship, your school could dictate their scheduling. You also realize TeamMakers will settle for nothing less and when they contribute what they do to athletics, you know you have to appease your donors.

Thumper 76
July 30th, 2018, 08:47 PM
Not NDSUs fault that they have earned the right to host 6-7 home games a year. Maybe if your school won a championship, your school could dictate their scheduling. You also realize TeamMakers will settle for nothing less and when they contribute what they do to athletics, you know you have to appease your donors.

You’re bitching about SOS and yet ignore who you’re bringing in for your OOC this year. Winning a natty has nothing to do with having a 7th regular season home game. Whatever bison bull**** you wanna try to trot out there is way wrong on this one. An auto OOC game against a mid pack FCS conference is a good thing in a lot of ways. The only thing there is to not like about it is you won’t be able to buy three OOC home games. Poor babies. I will trade home and homes against any Southland team over bringing in a Pioneer team or MVSU.

Mike296
July 30th, 2018, 08:47 PM
Was announced about an hr ago that NDSU got another Wisconsin recruit this time it’s a WR/DB(not sure what he’ll play for the Bison) from Port Washington. I don’t know the kids name but that’s another Wisconsin kid for the Bison.

F'N Hawks
July 30th, 2018, 08:54 PM
Was announced about an hr ago that NDSU got another Wisconsin recruit this time it’s a WR/DB(not sure what he’ll play for the Bison) from Port Washington. I don’t know the kids name but that’s another Wisconsin kid for the Bison.

Who else offered?

Mike296
July 30th, 2018, 08:58 PM
Who else offered?

Not sure actually cause this is the first I’ve heard of NDSU even offering to this kid.

leatherneck177
July 30th, 2018, 09:14 PM
I have to think with the turnover of coaches that is why? They return Saunders, McGuire, and McShane, but it is hard to replace Acklin though. They should be above without a doubt YSU (too much turmoil) and USeD (no Streveler and that is hard to replace over 90% of the offense) and I believe ISUr is right at #5 but I think WIU will finish #4 though and still make the playoffs.

i think you are spot on with this. Fine with me, let us sneak up like always. I see 7-4 this year. SDSU drops off the schedule and YSU comes on. Might be a better matchup for the Necks, not necessarily a win, but a better chance for one.

TheKingpin28
July 30th, 2018, 09:33 PM
You’re bitching about SOS and yet ignore who you’re bringing in for your OOC this year. Winning a natty has nothing to do with having a 7th regular season home game. Whatever bison bull**** you wanna try to trot out there is way wrong on this one. An auto OOC game against a mid pack FCS conference is a good thing in a lot of ways. The only thing there is to not like about it is you won’t be able to buy three OOC home games. Poor babies. I will trade home and homes against any Southland team over bringing in a Pioneer team or MVSU.

I mean it's not like they are playing Delaware or anything... xcoffeex

Home games generate revenue and as long as NDSU goes 10-1 or better each year, I find it hard to believe they will get lower than a #2 seed which is ideal for profit. Sorry not sorry. I am all for a good OOC but look what happened when NDSU lost talent and depth between CSU, EWU, and Iowa. It came back to bite them in the semi-final. I enjoy a solid schedule, but there is nothing wrong with a cupcake each season as the 8 week Valley is a gauntlet and having as many healthy bodies for that as possible is a good thing. It's how I look at it but if NDSU ever goes back to a 5 home game season, there will be some disgruntled fans.

cx500d
July 30th, 2018, 09:49 PM
I mean it's not like they are playing Delaware or anything... xcoffeex

Home games generate revenue and as long as NDSU goes 10-1 or better each year, I find it hard to believe they will get lower than a #2 seed which is ideal for profit. Sorry not sorry. I am all for a good OOC but look what happened when NDSU lost talent and depth between CSU, EWU, and Iowa. It came back to bite them in the semi-final. I enjoy a solid schedule, but there is nothing wrong with a cupcake each season as the 8 week Valley is a gauntlet and having as many healthy bodies for that as possible is a good thing. It's how I look at it but if NDSU ever goes back to a 5 home game season, there will be some disgruntled fans.

sdsu brings in poly for ooc and gets beat, we bring in poly and we are accused of soft opponents? Last year I’ll give was a soft year

TheKingpin28
July 30th, 2018, 09:51 PM
i think you are spot on with this. Fine with me, let us sneak up like always. I see 7-4 this year. SDSU drops off the schedule and YSU comes on. Might be a better matchup for the Necks, not necessarily a win, but a better chance for one.

Just get Bo to do this and you should be all good

https://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/546/264/hi-res-26547db14df47f90589e9b518dd01bc4_crop_north.jpg?14 47785064&w=630&h=420

He finds a way to account for penalties most coaches never get. Just get under their skin and he will do the rest. He is relying on transfers to beat teams and that traditionally does not work. The biggest thing for why I see 7-4 is this:

W @MSU: Trainwreck with their RB, I mean "QB" missing the entire season and WIU just knows how to win on the road.
L @Ill: Even though they are bad, I think this is a loss, but a good predictor for how the season will go.
? UM: This one is tough as Hauck comes back to a demoralized UM but at the end of the day, it is still UM and they will have been tested against UNI and a tune-up against Drake so I think UM will win on the road.
W YSU: Bozo knows how to **** the bed and this game will give your coach a predictor for how the season will go. Go 2-1 into this game and 7-4 is highly likely with potential for 8-3.
W @ISUr: I don't know what Spack did there but they have not been the same since Roberson and Coprich left and their QB looked rattled last season. (Oh and on the road)
L NDSU: As much as NDSU struggles with Hanson Field, this game has potential to be a "let down game" for NDSU coming off of UNI but I still say it is NDSU at the end of the day.
W @Missery St: Do I really need to explain this one? xlolx
L UNI: I mean UNI could always UNI like they did last year against WIU, but if this is Farley's last year, I think he wants revenge for that debacle last year.
W @SIU: They have an offense, but let's be honest, they have NO defense. (Oh and on the road)
W @USeD: Well the lack of Streveler will bring them back to reality and being a bottom 1/3 team or so. Sure Yotes fans will tell us this is their year, but they might as well be Vikings fans as well. :D (Oh and on the road).
W ISUb: See Missery St for analysis.

Your final 5 games are a dream run for any team trying to convince Marty Scarano as to why they should be in with UNH. Missing SDSU is so helpful for your 1st year coach and there is 0 reason as to why you do not end the season 4-1. With that said, beat ISUr and YSU and beat either Montana school and there is your 7 wins and playoff entrance.

TheKingpin28
July 30th, 2018, 09:54 PM
sdsu brings in poly for ooc and gets beat, we bring in poly and we are accused of soft opponents? Last year I’ll give was a soft year

Not NDSUs fault EWU decided to crap the bed, but the MVSU and RMU games were bad. I cannot remember, but I think I heard that ESPN tried to set up a JMU game but both teams wanted the Home game and that was a problem or was it a 2-1 kind of deal?

leatherneck177
July 30th, 2018, 10:01 PM

https://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/546/264/hi-res-26547db14df47f90589e9b518dd01bc4_crop_north.jpg?14 47785064&w=630&h=420

He finds a way to account for penalties most coaches never get. Just get under their skin and he will do the rest. He is relying on transfers to beat teams and that traditionally does not work. The biggest thing for why I see 7-4 is this:

W @MSU: Trainwreck with their RB, I mean "QB" missing the entire season and WIU just knows how to win on the road.
L @Ill: Even though they are bad, I think this is a loss, but a good predictor for how the season will go.
? UM: This one is tough as Hauck comes back to a demoralized UM but at the end of the day, it is still UM and they will have been tested against UNI and a tune-up against Drake so I think UM will win on the road.
W YSU: Bozo knows how to **** the bed and this game will give your coach a predictor for how the season will go. Go 2-1 into this game and 7-4 is highly likely with potential for 8-3.
W @ISUr: I don't know what Spack did there but they have not been the same since Roberson and Coprich left and their QB looked rattled last season. (Oh and on the road)
L NDSU: As much as NDSU struggles with Hanson Field, this game has potential to be a "let down game" for NDSU coming off of UNI but I still say it is NDSU at the end of the day.
L UNI: I mean UNI could always UNI like they did last year against WIU, but if this is Farley's last year, I think he wants revenge for that debacle last year.
W @SIU: They have an offense, but let's be honest, they have NO defense. (Oh and on the road)
W @USeD: Well the lack of Streveler will bring them back to reality and being a bottom 1/3 team or so. Sure Yotes fans will tell us this is their year, but they might as well be Vikings fans as well. :D (Oh and on the road).

Your final 5 games are a dream run for any team trying to convince Marty Scarano as to why they should be in with UNH. Missing SDSU is so helpful for your 1st year coach and there is 0 reason as to why you do not end the season 4-1. With that said, beat ISUr and YSU and beat either Montana school and there is your 7 wins and playoff entrance.

i agree with most of this, I think they do indeed beat either Montana or Illinois to get that 2-1 start. ISUr is always an interesting game, same with SIU, they get both of those and yes to your point 7-4 looks great.

not sure how Taylor is replaced at LB and Acklin at WR, otherwise I feel pretty good about this group.

TheKingpin28
July 30th, 2018, 10:07 PM
i agree with most of this, I think they do indeed beat either Montana or Illinois to get that 2-1 start. ISUr is always an interesting game, same with SIU, they get both of those and yes to your point 7-4 looks great.

not sure how Taylor is replaced at LB and Acklin at WR, otherwise I feel pretty good about this group.

In the words of Bison fans everywhere: RUN THE DAMN BALL!

ST_Lawson
July 30th, 2018, 11:06 PM

Yeah, everyone talks about the turnover in our coaching staff, but don't seem to realize that over half of our staff is not new to the staff. Some of them might be new to their specific position this year, but we have 3 coaches who've been with us since 2016 (when Coach Fisher came in), 2 coaches that came in last year, and 4 new ones this year. It helped that Fisher left for a non-HC and non-coordinator position...he wasn't able to take his coaches with him. They promoted from within and Coach Elliott was able to keep many of the existing coaches here. We got new position coaches for DBs/Special Teams, D-Line, RBs, and WRs, but everyone else on the staff was here last year.

I don't think we'll drop as far as many are saying we will.

dewey
July 31st, 2018, 08:04 AM
Here is a small podcast from Bison 1660 am.

MVFC Podcast Host, Kelly Burke on "The BrakeDown" Monday, July 30th

https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/mvfc-podcast-host-kelly-burke-on-the-brakedown-monday-july-30th?in=user-744211984/sets/the-brakedown

Dewey

Professor Chaos
July 31st, 2018, 10:11 AM
As the MVFC office continues to drag out preseason poll/awards announcements as long as possible here's the 1st and 2nd team preseason offensive teams:

http://www.valley-football.org/news/2018/7/31/football-mvfc-announces-2018-preseason-offensive-team.aspx

http://www.valley-football.org/common/controls/image_handler.aspx?thumb_id=0&image_path=/images/2018/7/31/MVFC_Offense.png

Here's the breakdown of representatives by school with the total and then 1st team representatives in parenthesis:

NDSU 6 (4)
SDSU 5 (2)
YSU 4 (4)
ISUr 4 (3)
UNI 4 (1)
USD 4 (1)
SIU 1 (1)
WIU 2
MSU 1
ISUb 1

Thumper 76
August 1st, 2018, 12:00 AM
So SDSU just got Iowa’s starting safety as a late grad transfer along with his younger brother. Don’t know what sort of impact he will have but to be a starter for a decent B1G program you should be a decent player at least. Seems he is transferring after a DUI he got while rehabbing from his second ACL tear (cue the JOOSE jokes) and was in a bad spot mentally. Not sure that’s the whole story, but it’s what’s been reported. https://twitter.com/argusmattz/status/1024384154228719616?s=21

Bison56
August 1st, 2018, 06:22 AM
So SDSU just got Iowa’s starting safety as a late grad transfer along with his younger brother. Don’t know what sort of impact he will have but to be a starter for a decent B1G program you should be a decent player at least. Seems he is transferring after a DUI he got while rehabbing from his second ACL tear (cue the JOOSE jokes) and was in a bad spot mentally. Not sure that’s the whole story, but it’s what’s been reported. https://twitter.com/argusmattz/status/1024384154228719616?s=21 (https://twitter.com/argusmattz/status/1024384154228719616?s=21)

Perfect fit for SDSU.xthumbsupx

clenz
August 1st, 2018, 06:43 AM
So SDSU just got Iowa’s starting safety as a late grad transfer along with his younger brother. Don’t know what sort of impact he will have but to be a starter for a decent B1G program you should be a decent player at least. Seems he is transferring after a DUI he got while rehabbing from his second ACL tear (cue the JOOSE jokes) and was in a bad spot mentally. Not sure that’s the whole story, but it’s what’s been reported. https://twitter.com/argusmattz/status/1024384154228719616?s=21

He was voted off the team by his teammates.

Maybe a fresh start will help him because from things I’ve heard living in the heart of Hawkeye country....he certainly has some demons he’s been fighting.

Professor Chaos
August 1st, 2018, 10:34 AM
Here's the preseason all-MVFC defensive teams.

http://www.valley-football.org/news/2018/7/31/football-mvfc-preseason-all-conference-defense.aspx

http://www.valley-football.org/common/controls/image_handler.aspx?thumb_id=0&image_path=/images/2018/7/31/MVFC_Defense.png

Representation by school on the defensive teams:
NDSU 5 (4)
ISUb 5
WIU 4 (3)
SDSU 3 (2)
SIU 3 (2)
USD 3 (2)
YSU 2 (1)
MSU 2 (1)
UNI 2 (1)
ISUr 1

Representation by school overall:
NDSU 11 (8)
SDSU 8 (5)
USD 7 (3)
YSU 6 (5)
UNI 6 (2)
WIU 6 (2)
ISUb 6 (0)
ISUr 5 (3)
SIU 4 (3)
MSU 3 (1)

Redbird 4th & short
August 1st, 2018, 10:36 AM

Losing OC Beathard (for family reasons) in June of 2015 left is in tough position of promoting QB coach Dicken to co-OC .. it was a tough position and a mistake. OC Dicken was a very immature reactive ... wait .. over-reactive personality whom never earned Spack's trust or confidence as OC.

Look at how our offense rolled at times, and then other times couldn't do much of anything in 2015 and 2016. Last year's team should have been a playoff team and made some noise .. we had our moments, great and bad. Spack had seen enough .. fired co-OC/QB Dicken, co-OC/OL coach, WR coach, and pushed out RB coach.

We hired back former OC Beathard .. plus some other guys with nice bios. OC Beathard was the new OC back in 2014 (Natty run year) after we went 5-6 in 2013. We saw a huge difference on offense in Spring 2014 game under QB Winkler .. light years better than what we saw in 2013. QB Roberson didnt transfer until June and didn't take job from QB Winkler until last week of August camp before season started.

Watch and see the difference on offense this year.

Defense .. is another story, we lost a lot .. so we're hoping the defense figures things out by start of MVFC grind. The offense will have to carry us until then.

JSUSoutherner
August 1st, 2018, 10:52 AM

That girl in the back is in shock. xlolx

Professor Chaos
August 1st, 2018, 11:08 AM
If anyone has watched Last Chance U season 3 yet the head coach on there kind of captures, to me at least, what Bo's coaching style must be like.

TheKingpin28
August 1st, 2018, 11:15 AM
That girl in the back is in shock. xlolxThere was a discussion just on her iirc. No BigDGarcia was not around for that one.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

jacksfan29
August 1st, 2018, 11:35 AM
Perfect fit for SDSU.xthumbsupx

If we find out he has sticky fingers and loves Best Buy we'll send him your direction.

Don't know what type of impact he'll have. Demons and demons, if he can't get it together it won't matter where he is at. I think his little brother will have a bigger impact if we can keep him around 4 years.

IBleedYellow
August 1st, 2018, 12:20 PM

Dude come on....

19k tickets sold is a pretty big chunk of change to just volunteer to miss out on.

Thumper 76
August 1st, 2018, 12:28 PM
Dude come on....

19k tickets sold is a pretty big chunk of change to just volunteer to miss out on.

So is 13k, or whatever the average is for MVFC teams. It’s very NDSU to think your entitled to have 7 freaking home games. I hear your scheduling guy continually complain about how hard OOC games are to get for ndsu, so wouldn’t this be a good thing?

BisonFan02
August 1st, 2018, 12:32 PM
So is 13k, or whatever the average is for MVFC teams. It’s very NDSU to think your entitled to have 7 freaking home games. I hear your scheduling guy continually complain about how hard OOC games are to get for ndsu, so wouldn’t this be a good thing?

6 home games is the goal......the 7 this year is an anomaly.

There is ZERO benefit to having a tough OOC if you play in the MVFC. SOS isnt that much of a factor....get your Ws. Think EWU regrets playing NDSU versus a patsy come selection time last year?

You get 4 home conf games today.....need 2 home OOC and that leaves 1 flex road game for either FBS or away rotations on Home/Home agreements with schools like Montana, Delaware, etc.....its manageable.

BisonFan02
August 1st, 2018, 12:33 PM
NDSU had a tough OOC 2 years ago.....how did that work out?

Thumper 76
August 1st, 2018, 12:35 PM
6 home games is the goal......the 7 this year is an anomaly.

There is ZERO benefit to having a tough OOC if you play in the MVFC. SOS isnt that much of a factor....get your Ws. Think EWU regrets playing NDSU versus a patsy come selection time last year?

You get 4 home conf games today.....need 2 home OOC and that leaves 1 flex road game for either FBS or away rotations on Home/Home agreements with schools like Montana, Delaware, etc.....its manageable.

Ok, well the only argument for NDSU is the seventh home game. There’s still two games of room to get a sixth home game, every other year. Y’all manage that all the other times so, I don’t see the issue with it other than stubbornness.

BisonFan02
August 1st, 2018, 12:40 PM
Ok, well the only argument for NDSU is the seventh home game. There’s still two games of room to get a sixth home game, every other year. Y’all manage that all the other times so, I don’t see the issue with it other than stubbornness.

The Home/Home agreements have been easier without the FBS games.....that's the rub. Would be even more interesting in a 9 game conf schedule if that day ever came.

Thumper 76
August 1st, 2018, 12:46 PM
The Home/Home agreements have been easier without the FBS games.....that's the rub. Would be even more interesting in a 9 game conf schedule if that day ever came.

Hopefully we’ve seen the Southlands **** up and don’t do that. I just don’t see a conference scheduling agreement being some scheduling killer. Every MVFC team has a crap ass team in the OOC usually anyways, this could eliminate a lot of DII games some teams have. If you have a year where you face a **** Southland team then it just looks better than a Pioneer or SWAC slap around game. Then you’ll have matchups that are fun like the SFA’s, SHSU’s, Nichols, or McNeese.

ST_Lawson
August 1st, 2018, 12:46 PM
Here's the preseason all-MVFC defensive teams.

Representation by school on the defensive teams:
NDSU 5 (4)
ISUb 5
WIU 4 (3)
SDSU 3 (2)
SIU 3 (2)
USD 3 (2)
YSU 2 (1)
MSU 2 (1)
UNI 2 (1)
ISUr 1

Wow....Sycamores kinda own the second team...that's a little surprising. Will be interesting to see if their defense can improve over the 44.9 points allowed per game of last year.

Professor Chaos
August 1st, 2018, 12:50 PM
Wow....Sycamores kinda own the second team...that's a little surprising. Will be interesting to see if their defense can improve over the 44.9 points allowed per game of last year.
Yeah, I definitely found that very odd considering the only game of theirs I watched last year their defense was a sieve against NDSU. I suppose they were young and their defense was on the field a lot which meant they're bringing back a lot of guys that had decent numbers so voters just gave them the nod based on stats.

ST_Lawson
August 1st, 2018, 12:56 PM
Yeah, I definitely found that very odd considering the only game of theirs I watched last year their defense was a sieve against NDSU. I suppose they were young and their defense was on the field a lot which meant they're bringing back a lot of guys that had decent numbers so voters just gave them the nod based on stats.

That's true...lots of time on the field can equal high stats. Looks like the two LBs they have that made the 2nd team, Jonas Griffith and Katrell Moss, were #4 and #5 in the conference for total tackles behind Taylor, Rozeboom, and Farley. All 5 of those players had 100+ tackles last season. Also Griffith was #4 in the conference in sacks. So, overall the squad didn't play that well, but they did rack up a lot of tackles.

TheKingpin28
August 1st, 2018, 02:05 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWhen the Twins are paying you to play and covering your opponents fees/travel and you get a portion of the revenue, tell me why wouldn't you take a 7th "home game"? It's simple to figure out how much of a difference 19k seats plus concessions plus tailgating fees plus 50/50 raffle plus etc... means to a program if they can manage to swing it.

IBleedYellow
August 1st, 2018, 02:45 PM
Don't mind me, I sort of forgot for a second that our goal is 6 home games, not 7. Carry on.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 1st, 2018, 05:03 PM

I'd take 7 regular season home games every year.

Entitled? No. NDSU can afford to do it if it is needed. A big % of the fan base likes FBS games so that has been given priority but they have been tough to schedule. I'd take a home game myself.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 1st, 2018, 08:23 PM
UNI finishes 2nd in the Valley IMO.

POD Knows
August 1st, 2018, 08:33 PM
So SDSU just got Iowa’s starting safety as a late grad transfer along with his younger brother. Don’t know what sort of impact he will have but to be a starter for a decent B1G program you should be a decent player at least. Seems he is transferring after a DUI he got while rehabbing from his second ACL tear (cue the JOOSE jokes) and was in a bad spot mentally. Not sure that’s the whole story, but it’s what’s been reported. https://twitter.com/argusmattz/status/1024384154228719616?s=21 (https://twitter.com/argusmattz/status/1024384154228719616?s=21)

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSo are you guys the new "Last Chance U"

POD Knows
August 1st, 2018, 08:40 PM
I think you should figure out what team I’m a fan of before accusing me of being a troll. That and you are known for always rooting the horn about how x transfer is going to be great, so don’t get mad that you get laughed at for it.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYea, hey, what ever happened to having the team you support being displayed in you avatar thingy, get on that, I don't know who to talk to regarding this, just get it done and I will buy you a beer the next time I see you. (I know you have no power over this but I don't care)

POD Knows
August 1st, 2018, 08:42 PM
That girl in the back is in shock. xlolxShe looks strangely photoshopped into this pic, did anybody ever find out out if this pic is legit or not.

POD Knows
August 1st, 2018, 08:47 PM
UNI finishes 2nd in the Valley IMO.That is bold dude, I hope so because I freaking hate SDSU because the Holiday Inn Express in Brookings ****ed up my reservation the other day so I can pile that on top of the things I hate about SDSU.

cx500d
August 1st, 2018, 08:50 PM
That is bold dude, I hope so because I freaking hate SDSU because the Holiday Inn Express in Brookings ****ed up my reservation the other day so I can pile that on top of the things I hate about SDSU.
Is that the best place in brookings?

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 1st, 2018, 09:08 PM
That is bold dude, I hope so because I freaking hate SDSU because the Holiday Inn Express in Brookings ****ed up my reservation the other day so I can pile that on top of the things I hate about SDSU.

QB has a good season last year. I think they finish 2nd. TC at SDSU struggles this year IMO.

Schism55
August 1st, 2018, 09:10 PM
Yea, hey, what ever happened to having the team you support being displayed in you avatar thingy, get on that, I don't know who to talk to regarding this, just get it done and I will buy you a beer the next time I see you. (I know you have no power over this but I don't care)
Click on settings, at the bottom of the page on the left, change the drop down to any one of the options besides "light".

TheKingpin28
August 1st, 2018, 09:11 PM
So are you guys the new "Last Chance U"

That's what you get when the Joose is loose. xlolx

POD Knows
August 1st, 2018, 09:12 PM
Is that the best place in brookings?Well, yea, you ever been to Brookings. Plus, I am a Priority Club member but it is the nicest hotel in town.

POD Knows
August 1st, 2018, 09:20 PM
Click on settings, at the bottom of the page on the left, change the drop down to any one of the options besides "light".OMG, this is probably the 50th time I have needed guidance on this, I correct it, it get fixed, and then all of sudden, it is back to being messed up. BTW, I am going to move to Colorado, the allure of a headache free and fat free buzz is getting more attractive.

cx500d
August 2nd, 2018, 12:20 AM
Well, yea, you ever been to Brookings. Plus, I am a Priority Club member but it is the nicest hotel in town.
Hell Yeah I’ve been to brookings numerous times when I was in college; we competed against them since we were all happy in the NCC in those days, and they hosted the NCC conference meet a couple times also. I don’t think there was such a fancy place as a holiday inn express back in the 80s though. I don’t remember what we stayed in; probably a thrifty scot

dewey
August 2nd, 2018, 11:34 AM
In case anyone is interested here is an interview from WDAY (local Fargo TV channel) sports guru Dom Izzo and NDSU head coach Chris Klieman.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/football/4480503-watch-dom-izzos-full-season-preview-interview-chris-klieman

Dewey

neverobeyed
August 3rd, 2018, 09:42 PM
Hey, lookee ... we have a special teams coach, too!

Bryce Paup returns to UNI

https://mobile.twitter.com/realColeBair/status/1025524129187983361

dewey
August 3rd, 2018, 10:50 PM
Here is a video from the Bison Media Blog about NDSU's first day of summer/fall camp.

https://www.bisonmediazone.com/bison-video-blog-fall-camp-opens-for-2018/

Dewey

BisonFan02
August 4th, 2018, 02:03 PM
I am going to be REALLY curious to see if Trey Lance makes the field at QB for NDSU with the new redshirt rule.....makes the OOC games interesting.

Sycamore62
August 4th, 2018, 06:43 PM
That's true...lots of time on the field can equal high stats. Looks like the two LBs they have that made the 2nd team, Jonas Griffith and Katrell Moss, were #4 and #5 in the conference for total tackles behind Taylor, Rozeboom, and Farley. All 5 of those players had 100+ tackles last season. Also Griffith was #4 in the conference in sacks. So, overall the squad didn't play that well, but they did rack up a lot of tackles.

I think Griffith is legit. I don’t have an opinion about anyone else on the team. I’m pretty sure they got rid of a lot of players hey had when the coaching staff changed last January. I’m not saying that caused out terribleness. I think we will be better this year but that could mean 1-10 or 4-7

Professor Chaos
August 4th, 2018, 10:34 PM
I am going to be REALLY curious to see if Trey Lance makes the field at QB for NDSU with the new redshirt rule.....makes the OOC games interesting.
Here's a question: say that throughout fall camp Lance outperforms Hotchkiss and Sanders and makes it clear to the coaches that he's the 2nd best QB on the team despite being a true freshman. Do you still play him in the early season blowouts to get reps or do you save his games in the case that you need him if Stick gets injured?

It'll be really interesting to see how coaches handle this new redshirt rule. I don't think it's a given that the true frosh that play early in the season are the "most ready" in the coaches eyes because I think they'll save some guys in the event that they need them and if they don't need them in the regular season they'd potentially have an entire 4 game playoff run to utilize them whether they truly need them at that point or not.

dewey
August 4th, 2018, 11:12 PM
Here's a question: say that throughout fall camp Lance outperforms Hotchkiss and Sanders and makes it clear to the coaches that he's the 2nd best QB on the team despite being a true freshman. Do you still play him in the early season blowouts to get reps or do you save his games in the case that you need him if Stick gets injured?

It'll be really interesting to see how coaches handle this new redshirt rule. I don't think it's a given that the true frosh that play early in the season are the "most ready" in the coaches eyes because I think they'll save some guys in the event that they need them and if they don't need them in the regular season they'd potentially have an entire 4 game playoff run to utilize them whether they truly need them at that point or not.

I think if Lance is the 2nd best out of fall camp you get him in the game to get him as ready as quickly as the Bison can just in case Srick gets hurt.

Klieman has said that he wishes they had the redshirt rule last year as there was a good chance some more true freshman would have played later in the year when they needed help.

I think Tutsie was one of those players.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
August 5th, 2018, 07:18 AM
I think if Lance is the 2nd best out of fall camp you get him in the game to get him as ready as quickly as the Bison can just in case Srick gets hurt.

Klieman has said that he wishes they had the redshirt rule last year as there was a good chance some more true freshman would have played later in the year when they needed help.

I think Tutsie was one of those players.

Dewey
Yeah, Tutsie would've played on special teams for sure last year. I think Klieman even mentioned that he would've helped them quite a bit come playoff time had this rule been in place then.

Back to my Lance hypothetical, I think it makes a lot of sense to play him early to give him a head start on his development but what if they play him in 3 or 4 games in September/early October and then Stick gets dinged up later in the season? Do they pull his shirt at that point? They wouldn't have to worry about that if they save his 4 games for that kind of situation (unless Stick's hypothetical injury recovery is longer than that) but it's also not ideal to start a true freshman QB with little to no game experience at the D1 level.

....of course let's just make sure Easton stays healthy so none of this matters. :) But it would be an interesting conundrum.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 5th, 2018, 08:42 AM
Yeah, Tutsie would've played on special teams for sure last year. I think Klieman even mentioned that he would've helped them quite a bit come playoff time had this rule been in place then.

Back to my Lance hypothetical, I think it makes a lot of sense to play him early to give him a head start on his development but what if they play him in 3 or 4 games in September/early October and then Stick gets dinged up later in the season? Do they pull his shirt at that point? They wouldn't have to worry about that if they save his 4 games for that kind of situation (unless Stick's hypothetical injury recovery is longer than that) but it's also not ideal to start a true freshman QB with little to no game experience at the D1 level.

....of course let's just make sure Easton stays healthy so none of this matters. :) But it would be an interesting conundrum.

IMO, redshirt him and not waste a year of eligibility even with the four games. Play him some in the 4 games to get him acclimated to the offense. If ES gets hurt Sanders/Hotchkiss can take over like ES did in Carson's senior year.

Now if TL is that good and head and shoulders above the other 2 then make him the #2. If ES does not get hurt then TL can still have his redshirt year this year.

TL will be the QB next year IMO. Kid looks the part right now.

dewey
August 5th, 2018, 09:21 AM
Here is a video interviews with Coach Klieman, Bruce Anderson & Robbie Grimsley.

https://youtu.be/ouHiGrWrRuA

Dewey

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
August 5th, 2018, 06:22 PM

Coach K has said it before, If Trey is the second best QB he will dress and play. Best players are gonna be out there. Comes back to being so difficult for players to go through 4 years unscathed. Play them if they're ready cause they may get hurt later.

dewey
August 7th, 2018, 10:07 PM
Here are 5 bold predictions from Athlon Sports for the MVFC this season.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/five-bold-missouri-valley-predictions-fcs-college-football-2018?amp&__twitter_impression=true

None really seem that bold to me.

Dewey

Bisonoline
August 7th, 2018, 10:19 PM

From what I hear hes the future of the franchise. Considering he can play in 4 games without penalty you can bet we will be seeing him sometime during the season.

ST_Lawson
August 8th, 2018, 11:32 AM
It's still the offseason, and this is pizza-related...
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/34599669_10155792946887746_2936609525576237056_n.j pg?_nc_cat=0&oh=5f8ca2ff59d88da16ae07b02a4d9d0b1&oe=5C07C70D

Professor Chaos
August 8th, 2018, 12:45 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/uno1.gif

Thumper 76
August 8th, 2018, 01:20 PM
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/34599669_10155792946887746_2936609525576237056_n.j pg?_nc_cat=0&oh=5f8ca2ff59d88da16ae07b02a4d9d0b1&oe=5C07C70D

If anyone needed proof of Satan, there it is.

Bisonator
August 8th, 2018, 01:22 PM
Looks like someone threw up on a pizza. :pumpuke:

IBleedYellow
August 8th, 2018, 01:27 PM
Burn it with fire.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
August 8th, 2018, 02:42 PM

For once, I can side with the heathens who believe pineapple does not belong on a pizza, and say, this **** is an abomination and whoever came up with it needs to be prevented from reproducing.

Winterborn
August 8th, 2018, 02:45 PM
I would rather eat squid on a pizza than that abomination.

POD Knows
August 8th, 2018, 02:46 PM
I would rather eat squid on a pizza than that abomination.Squid on pizza is awesome provided they don't overcook the squid which is what virtually 100% of the places do.

Winterborn
August 8th, 2018, 02:47 PM
Squid on pizza is awesome provided they don't overcook the squid which is what virtually 100% of the places do.

I think the trick is to cook the pizza a bit first and then put on the squid.

POD Knows
August 8th, 2018, 02:58 PM
I think the trick is to cook the pizza a bit first and then put on the squid.Yea, it a brick high temp oven you probably only need to put it on for a minute tops. I ate a place in Bellingham, WA where you could build a pizza and they offered squid and smoked salmon and we order one of those and they almost got it right. The smoked salmon on the pizza was outstanding. You could also get lamb sausage, I didn't try that but it sounded good. I haven't been back to that place since 2000, it had a weird name.

CappinHard
August 8th, 2018, 03:00 PM
Here are 5 bold predictions from Athlon Sports for the MVFC this season.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/five-bold-missouri-valley-predictions-fcs-college-football-2018?amp&__twitter_impression=true

None really seem that bold to me.

Dewey

Lol, you would think that it's not that bold to say that Stick will win the Walter Payton award. It's supposed to go to the "most outstanding offensive player" in FCS, not the QB with the most wins. Unless NDSU changes its ways and becomes a pass heavy offense, there's absolutely no way Stick should win. If they could give it to a group of players, I would say it's more likely to go to NDSU's RBs or NDSU's offensive line.

Thumper 76
August 8th, 2018, 03:14 PM
For once, I can side with the people with brains that function properly who believe pineapple does not belong on a pizza, and say, this **** is an abomination and whoever came up with it needs to be prevented from reproducing.

FYP

Sycamore62
August 8th, 2018, 03:16 PM
I was told you guys eat D*** on pizza but I told him I dont even think you like pizza

TheKingpin28
August 8th, 2018, 03:47 PM
FYP

Considering you lived in Brookings, I expected nothing less with your attempt at a "FYP".

Thumper 76
August 8th, 2018, 04:14 PM
Considering you lived in Brookings, I expected nothing less with your attempt at a "FYP".

Coming from someone that thinks a tropical fruit goes in Italian food this is not an insult

TheKingpin28
August 8th, 2018, 04:46 PM
Coming from someone that thinks a tropical fruit goes in Italian food this is not an insult

Good news for you, I know pineapple does not go IN a pizza but on top of it. xthumbsupx

cx500d
August 8th, 2018, 05:17 PM
I was told you guys eat D*** on pizza but I told him I dont even think you like pizza
Obviously they don’t like pizza since they get theirs from a gas station minimart

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 8th, 2018, 07:00 PM
Lol, you would think that it's not that bold to say that Stick will win the Walter Payton award. It's supposed to go to the "most outstanding offensive player" in FCS, not the QB with the most wins. Unless NDSU changes its ways and becomes a pass heavy offense, there's absolutely no way Stick should win. If they could give it to a group of players, I would say it's more likely to go to NDSU's RBs or NDSU's offensive line.

So whomever has the best padded stats in a pass happy offense, should win?

Ok

I'll take ES over any other FCS QB out there. There's more to being a great QB then having padded stats in an offense that just slings it around.

Thumper 76
August 8th, 2018, 07:47 PM

Ok

I'll take ES over any other FCS QB out there. There's more to being a great QB then having padded stats in an offense that just slings it around.

There’s more to being a qb than handing off the football.

UpstateBison
August 8th, 2018, 07:50 PM

Would you take Devlin Hodges or Gage Gubrud over Taryn Christion?

I would not trade Easton Stick for either of the first 2 mentioned above.

TheKingpin28
August 8th, 2018, 07:50 PM

Well when your QB throws 6 INTs in a game, maybe he should learn to hand off the football more. xthumbsupx

https://i.giphy.com/media/3og0IMJcSI8p6hYQXS/giphy.webp

TheKingpin28
August 8th, 2018, 07:52 PM

Devlin Hodges is legit, but NDSU recruits QBs to fit their mold and that helps make them successful. I'd take Easton over both, but that is not to say Hodges would not be a solid choice at QB for the Bison.

JacksFan40
August 8th, 2018, 07:56 PM
Well when your QB throws 6 INTs in a game, maybe he should learn to hand off the football more. xthumbsupx

Blame the coaches for the poor gameplan. Kept trying the same thing even when Christion had no confidence left.

cx500d
August 8th, 2018, 10:42 PM
Blame the coaches for the poor gameplan. Kept trying the same thing even when Christion had no confidence left.
Joose will do that to ya

Thumper 76
August 9th, 2018, 08:40 AM

And something like 9 the rest of the season. Even with the meltdown that’s one every 30 pass attempts. Rest of the season without that game is 1 out of every 45 attempts. I think I’m comfortable letting him sling it.

F'N Hawks
August 9th, 2018, 08:44 AM

..and Eastern Washington wouldn't trade Gubrud for Stick either.

CappinHard
August 9th, 2018, 10:09 AM

Ok

Whomever is the most outstanding offensive player should win. I will guarantee you that will not be Easton Stick. Put him in an offense that throws a lot, maybe he would prove me wrong, but I doubt it. Regardless, that point is moot because he's in the offense he's in where he will not be the most outstanding offensive player. The question isn't whether you would take Stick over any other QB, it's whether he should win the Walter Payton Award or not. I know it's fun to move the target to make your argument fit, but let's try to focus here. Streveler got absolutely snubbed last year imo. Doing what he did in the MVFC is incredible. He put the team on his back, a la Greg Jennings.

Bisonator
August 9th, 2018, 10:35 AM

There's also way more involved in a running play then simply handing off too.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying Easton should win the Payton award.

IBleedYellow
August 9th, 2018, 11:16 AM

If Stig is known for one thing, it's definitely NOT changing his gameplan when something isn't working mid-game, that's for sure.

TheKingpin28
August 9th, 2018, 11:21 AM
Whomever is the most outstanding offensive player should win. I will guarantee you that will not be Easton Stick. Put him in an offense that throws a lot, maybe he would prove me wrong, but I doubt it. Regardless, that point is moot because he's in the offense he's in where he will not be the most outstanding offensive player. The question isn't whether you would take Stick over any other QB, it's whether he should win the Walter Payton Award or not. I know it's fun to move the target to make your argument fit, but let's try to focus here. Streveler got absolutely snubbed last year imo. Doing what he did in the MVFC is incredible. He put the team on his back, a la Greg Jennings.Everyone outside of Soft Houston State knows Streveler got screwed out of that accolade. The award is all about padding stats and that is why Streveler lost. You put Jeremiah in the Valley on any team not named NDSU or SDSU and his stats fall flat on their face and he gets broken in half like Brian Bell. That is why Streveler on a solid team with a decent/solid defense would have been a major threat to win the National Title.

In order of who SHOULD win the Walter QBs only:

Hodges
Stick
Gubrud
TC (unless he repeats last season, then, IMO an immediate lock due to not having Brady, Jake, and Dallas)

In order of who WILL most likely win the Walter:

Gubrud
Hodges
TC
Stivk

JSUSoutherner
August 9th, 2018, 03:07 PM
If Stig is known for one thing, it's definitely NOT changing his gameplan when something isn't working mid-game, that's for sure.

I didn't know he and Grass shared gameplans?

cx500d
August 9th, 2018, 06:08 PM
..and Eastern Washington wouldn't trade Gubrud for Stick either.
They had a shootout 2years ago.... who won?

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 9th, 2018, 06:15 PM

Obviously you haven't watched Stick play.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 9th, 2018, 06:21 PM
Whomever is the most outstanding offensive player should win. I will guarantee you that will not be Easton Stick. Put him in an offense that throws a lot, maybe he would prove me wrong, but I doubt it. Regardless, that point is moot because he's in the offense he's in where he will not be the most outstanding offensive player. The question isn't whether you would take Stick over any other QB, it's whether he should win the Walter Payton Award or not. I know it's fun to move the target to make your argument fit, but let's try to focus here. Streveler got absolutely snubbed last year imo. Doing what he did in the MVFC is incredible. He put the team on his back, a la Greg Jennings.

Stick could win it, not likely but he had the talent to.

I thought Streveler should have won last year. It is an award for a QB with bloated stats, so ES is not a favorite but has a shot IMO.

Thumper 76
August 9th, 2018, 09:17 PM
Obviously you haven't watched Stick play.

Obviously you don’t notice how much it helps to have a team around you that’s able to win with boarder line subpar qb play, let alone decent to good play. Stick is not a Walter level player and is not an NFL qb. He’s a good college qb who is propped up by an excellent team and running game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 9th, 2018, 09:50 PM
Obviously you don’t notice how much it helps to have a team around you that’s able to win with boarder line subpar qb play, let alone decent to good play. Stick is not a Walter level player and is not an NFL qb. He’s a good college qb who is propped up by an excellent team and running game.

Borderline subpar QB....lol....you haven't watched him.

He could win the award but probably won't but in the preseason, he is in the conversation.

POD Knows
August 9th, 2018, 09:56 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYea, TC didn't have any help at the skilled positions during his tenure there, you don't think those guys made him look good at times. NDSU does not have the receiving corp that SDSU has had recently, I understand that NDSU is a different type of team but I think you might be surprised at Sticks actual skill sets. We will see in the upcoming months. He has decent size, good wheels and a better arm than people give him credit for, NDSU is not a quick vertical strike team so you don't really see that side of him.

F'N Hawks
August 9th, 2018, 10:00 PM
They had a shootout 2years ago.... who won?

What does that have to do with anything that was said?

Thumper 76
August 9th, 2018, 10:08 PM
Yea, TC didn't have any help at the skilled positions during his tenure there, you don't think those guys made him look good at times. NDSU does not have the receiving corp that SDSU has had recently, I understand that NDSU is a different type of team but I think you might be surprised at Sticks actual skill sets. We will see in the upcoming months. He has decent size, good wheels and a better arm than people give him credit for, NDSU is not a quick vertical strike team so you don't really see that side of him.

How many games has Stick needed to carry the team or had the pressure of needing to put up 28+ to win? In the championship game y’all score 14 points. That’s a game won with your defense, not a monumental Peyton performance. In the last three SDSU/NDSU matchups he’s been largely outplayed by TC, even in the loss TC was shut down largely because the ndsu run game held the ball and never gave it back. I’m not saying Stick is bad, but I have yet to see or remember a game where he and the bison offense had to perform to the level TC and company has had to. As to the offensive weapons part, doesn’t Stick have a couple AAs in his backfield?

Thumper 76
August 9th, 2018, 10:10 PM
Borderline subpar QB....lol....you haven't watched him.

He could win the award but probably won't but in the preseason, he is in the conversation.

I didn’t say HE was boarder line subpar, I said NDSU COULD win with boarder line subpar play.

Bisonoline
August 9th, 2018, 10:12 PM
How many games has Stick needed to carry the team or had the pressure of needing to put up 28+ to win? In the championship game y’all score 14 points. That’s a game won with your defense, not a monumental Peyton performance. In the last three SDSU/NDSU matchups he’s been largely outplayed by TC, even in the loss TC was shut down largely because the ndsu run game held the ball and never gave it back. I’m not saying Stick is bad, but I have yet to see or remember a game where he and the bison offense had to perform to the level TC and company has had to. As to the offensive weapons part, doesn’t Stick have a couple AAs in his backfield?

Our offense isnt geared to what you are suggesting.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 9th, 2018, 10:15 PM
"Not perform at a level of TC and company have had to"....lol

Winning titles proves otherwise....lol

Thumper 76
August 9th, 2018, 10:16 PM
Our offense isnt geared to what you are suggesting.

You mean your offense has never really been asked to do that. I’m fairly sure no team wants to be in a shootout, but very few are able to avoid them in every game ever. Our offense didn’t used to be geared for that when we had Zenner but I remember a couple shootout games anyways.

Thumper 76
August 9th, 2018, 10:17 PM

Because of your defense and running game, not QB play, which is continually bragged about by NDSU fans unless it comes time to compare a NDSU QB to any other position.

Thumper 76
August 9th, 2018, 10:19 PM

Seriously though, do you ever read the WHOLE post or just bits and pieces you want to? I said he hasn’t been asked to perform to the level that SDSU’s offense has had to. That’s correct. And factual. It’s not even a debate. Ndsu has had a defense that makes it that way. Name a game where the ndsu offense had to carry the team to win. I’ll wait.

Bisonoline
August 9th, 2018, 10:22 PM
You mean your offense has never really been asked to do that. I’m fairly sure no team wants to be in a shootout, but very few are able to avoid them in every game ever. Our offense didn’t used to be geared for that when we had Zenner but I remember a couple shootout games anyways.

The type of offense we run is not geared to make up a lot of points if we are behind. We are all about time and possession.

But I dont understand what you are trying to get at? I also dont understand the ---your not bragging about your QB as opposed to other positions? Is that really a talking point?

Thumper 76
August 9th, 2018, 10:25 PM
The type of offense we run is not geared to make up a lot of points if we are behind. We are all about time and possession.

Sure, but if needed do you really doubt that Wentz would have been able to take over a game if it were to become a shootout? I understand that the offense is geared to win the TOP and all, I really do. That doesn’t magically make it impossible for a qb to be able to win you a game if he has to, at least a qb who really is a Peyton front runner.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 9th, 2018, 10:25 PM
Seriously though, do you ever read the WHOLE post or just bits and pieces you want to? I said he hasn’t been asked to perform to the level that SDSU’s offense has had to. That’s correct. And factual. It’s not even a debate. Ndsu has had a defense that makes it that way. Name a game where the ndsu offense had to carry the team to win. I’ll wait.

Pfft

Iowa in 16. Offense won the game....wirh ES running and passing. Great game to witness.

Oh ya, just because NDSU actually plays defense, that is the sole reason for their success. Freaking yawn....

Thumper 76
August 9th, 2018, 10:28 PM
Pfft

Iowa in 16. Offense won the game....wirh ES running and passing. Great game to witness.

Oh ya, just because NDSU actually plays defense, that is the sole reason for their success. Freaking yawn....

So.......one game? And 23 points is the offense winning the game? Right....

Pick a team though, does ndsu win all their championships because of the great defense, run game, and style of play or is it because of amazing quarterbacks? Was Brock Jensen the best qb in the country?

POD Knows
August 9th, 2018, 10:33 PM
Sure, but if needed do you really doubt that Wentz would have been able to take over a game if it were to become a shootout? I understand that the offense is geared to win the TOP and all, I really do. That doesn’t magically make it impossible for a qb to be able to win you a game if he has to, at least a qb who really is a Peyton front runner.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDon't think so, NDSU simply does not have the huge talent at the wide out and TE positions, are players are good, just not game breakers. Need to have a stat guy check this out but I doubt that Wentz's stats were that much better than Sticks. Wentz was a better QB, but he didn't really have stellar stats. Stick had a pretty good game in the playoffs against SDSU in 2016, he had close to a couple hundred yards passing and just under 100 rushing. Weren't you sitting with us with your head in your hands most of the game.

Thumper 76
August 9th, 2018, 10:35 PM
Don't think so, NDSU simply does not have the huge talent at the wide out and TE positions, are players are good, just not game breakers. Need to have a stat guy check this out but I doubt that Wentz's stats were that much better than Sticks. Wentz was a better QB, but he didn't really have stellar stats. Stick had a pretty good game in the playoffs against SDSU in 2016, he had close to a couple hundred yards passing and just under 100 rushing. Weren't you sitting with us with your head in your hands most of the game.

Yup, 6 yard run after 6 yard run.

Also, this year is the showdown of the voodoo magic. The #bookit vs me having family members at the Marker Game. SDSU hasn’t lost a NDSU game when I have family members present, going back to 07. Wife and pa will both be accompanying me.

dewey
August 9th, 2018, 10:38 PM

Eastern Washington 2016.

Dewey

Thumper 76
August 9th, 2018, 10:40 PM
Eastern Washington 2016.

Dewey

THAT one for sure. Don’t think 23 pts in the Iowa game counts as the offense carrying the team.

Bisonoline
August 9th, 2018, 10:44 PM

For a QB to win a shootout you have to rely on the passing game if you are going by the typical shootout scenario. To do that you have to have receivers to open the game up. We traditionally havent had those types of receivers. You also have to use your tight ends and backs out of the back field of which we traditionally dont use much for that also. But for ex when we played JMU in the playoff game we lost. We got in to the 4th Q and we knew we were in trouble because for the type of offense we ran we didnt have enough time to put the points on the board that we needed. Plus you also have to have an O/C that makes that transition to try and open the game up when needed. But we didnt have that either with our O/C running the ball up the middle as time was running out.

dewey
August 9th, 2018, 10:44 PM
THAT one for sure. Don’t think 23 pts in the Iowa game counts as the offense carrying the team.

I partially agree with you but in the Iowa game the offense came up big in the 2nd half when they NEEDED to.

Did the defense play well? Absolutely but that win doesn't happen unless the offense makes the game winning drive. All 3 aspects of the team contributed to a win and if any of the three faltered it would not have happened.

The NDSU offense will never, hopefully anyway, be relied upon to carry the team. Hopefully it will be a strong defense, solid special teams and offense is what the team needs it to be.

Does Stick win the Walter Payton award? Maybe but he is a top 3 type player IMHO.

Thumper are you coming to banner raising?

Dewey

Thumper 76
August 9th, 2018, 10:49 PM
For a QB to win a shootout you have to rely on the passing game if you are going by the typical shootout scenario. To do that you have to have receivers to open the game up. We traditionally havent had those types of receivers. You also have to use your tight ends and backs out of the back field of which we traditionally dont use much for that also. But for ex when we played JMU in the playoff game we lost. We got in to the 4th Q and we knew we were in trouble because for the type of offense we ran we didnt have enough time to put the points on the board that we needed. Plus you also have to have an O/C that makes that transition to try and open the game up when needed. But we didnt have that either with our O/C running the ball up the middle as time was running out.

That’s fair and I agree to an extent. That’s the main reason one of the biggest keys to beating ndsu is to score early and get ahead by two scores. But to be honest, to me, 60% of that is the offense ndsu runs and 40% is because I don’t think Stick is good in those situations.

Bisonoline
August 9th, 2018, 10:50 PM
So.......one game? And 23 points is the offense winning the game? Right....

Pick a team though, does ndsu win all their championships because of the great defense, run game, and style of play or is it because of amazing quarterbacks? Was Brock Jensen the best qb in the country?

Brock Jensen was a great QB. Was he the best in ths country? Dont know and dont care. Look at the drive at KSU. Did he carry the team? Or was it a team effort that made him look that way? Look what he did against GSU in the first playoff game. Neither game was a shootout.

But then again having a conversation over which QB is better in a shootout is really nothing more than mental masturbation to make one feel better about their QB. Dont ya think?:D

cx500d
August 9th, 2018, 11:54 PM

Also, this year is the showdown of the voodoo magic. The #bookit vs me having family members at the Marker Game. SDSU hasn’t lost a NDSU game when I have family members present, going back to 07. Wife and pa will both be accompanying me.

hopefully they don’t meet with an “accident”

Professor Chaos
August 10th, 2018, 07:20 AM
That’s fair and I agree to an extent. That’s the main reason one of the biggest keys to beating ndsu is to score early and get ahead by two scores. But to be honest, to me, 60% of that is the offense ndsu runs and 40% is because I don’t think Stick is good in those situations.

You also can't hold it against him that he hasn't been in those situations very often. As an NDSU QB you simply don't have the opportunity to carry your team to victory in the 4th quarter very often. I can recall both Jensen (prior to the GSU 2012 game and K State 2013 game) and Wentz (prior to the 2014 playoffs) getting similar comments. Stick was bad in the one game last year (@SDSU) that he had that opportunity. You as much as anyone should know how misleading it can be to judge a QB based on one bad game.

I've said it multiple times but Stick and the NDSU offense are just flat bad when it comes to operating at tempo. Maybe it's because he's not good at it but given his football aptitude (Klieman has said he works harder off the field and in the film room than even Wentz did) I think it's more likely that everyone in the offense is just so unaccustomed to it they don't know what to do.

But beyond that he's shown his clutch gene a few times leading comebacks already. YSU in 2015 and Iowa in 2016 particularly. I couldn't care less if he doesn't will his team to 28+ points in those games as long as he wills them to score whatever it takes to win in the end.

Bisonator
August 10th, 2018, 07:44 AM
Give me the QB that wins. I could care less what his stats are at the end of the day it's all about the win. Would you rather have a QB put up 300 yards, 4 TD's and lose 31-28 or the QB who goes for 200 yards, 2 TD's and wins 24-20?

How many Payton award winning QB's have won FCS championships or gone on to great NFL careers? Not very many.

POD Knows
August 10th, 2018, 09:36 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkhttp://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28420&stc=1

CappinHard
August 10th, 2018, 09:48 AM
You are all moving the target. This argument is not about who you would rather have on your team, it's about whether Stick should win the Walter Payton Award. Some have pointed out that NDSU doesn't have all star WRs and NDSU doesn't have the right game plan for Stick to put up big numbers, and you're exactly right. Those reasons are why Stick shouldn't win the award. I know just hearing that your QB isn't worthy of an award makes you butthurt and want to argue that he's the best QB in the FCS and start tearing up like TO while murmuring to yourself "That's my Quarterback"... But as I said before, just focus on what the original argument was.

Professor Chaos
August 10th, 2018, 10:24 AM
You are all moving the target. This argument is not about who you would rather have on your team, it's about whether Stick should win the Walter Payton Award. Some have pointed out that NDSU doesn't have all star WRs and NDSU doesn't have the right game plan for Stick to put up big numbers, and you're exactly right. Those reasons are why Stick shouldn't win the award. I know just hearing that your QB isn't worthy of an award makes you butthurt and want to argue that he's the best QB in the FCS and start tearing up like TO while murmuring to yourself "That's my Quarterback"... But as I said before, just focus on what the original argument was.
Has anyone said Stick should win the Walter Payton award except for Craig Haley making it one of his bold MVFC predictions? I posted that same article on Bisonville and the overwhelming opinion was "Aw that's cute... but it ain't gonna happen."

I think more of discussion here has been around whether the Bison are good in spite of Stick/the QB or because of Stick.

F'N Hawks
August 10th, 2018, 10:42 AM
Has anyone said Stick should win the Walter Payton award except for Craig Haley making it one of his bold MVFC predictions? I posted that same article on Bisonville and the overwhelming opinion was "Aw that's cute... but it ain't gonna happen."

I think more of discussion here has been around whether the Bison are good in spite of Stick/the QB or because of Stick.

Fathead and Red claim he is the leader in the clubhouse.

CappinHard
August 10th, 2018, 10:53 AM

Some people have implied that he should win it because he will be the winningest QB, regardless of stats. It's just funny how many people take someone saying that Stick shouldn't win the award and turn it around and argue "yabut, he's the best QB". We can certainly have that discussion, but it seems like most Bison fans aren't willing to admit that there's no way he should win the award. I haven't been on Bisonville lately, I would be surprised to see an overwhelming reasonable response.

Bisonoline
August 10th, 2018, 10:53 AM

Not butt hurt at all. Its is what its is. Its like Wentz and Jensen not being 1st team all conference but both win multiple national championships and wentz goes number two over all in the draft and is having a career in the NFL.

So its not being butt hurt. It was a discussion.

Professor Chaos
August 10th, 2018, 11:17 AM
Some people have implied that he should win it because he will be the winningest QB, regardless of stats. It's just funny how many people take someone saying that Stick shouldn't win the award and turn it around and argue "yabut, he's the best QB". We can certainly have that discussion, but it seems like most Bison fans aren't willing to admit that there's no way he should win the award. I haven't been on Bisonville lately, I would be surprised to see an overwhelming reasonable response.
Well, I wouldn't expect anyone to admit there's no way he can win the award because we have a whole season to play out. Personally, I highly doubt he'd win... if I was handicapping it I'd probably put it at 100 to 1 or something like that. I could probably come up with 5 guys easily off the top of my head that I'd handicap higher. Just for fun: Gubrud, Hodges, Doss (WR from UC Davis), Raynard (QB from NC A&T), and Davis (WR from SHSU). And if I really looked into it I bet I could come up with a handful more.

But it is possible. Brock Jensen finished 4th or 5th in the Payton voting in 2013 I believe and he didn't have stats that were that eye popping on the season. Going back and looking his numbers, at the start of the playoffs, were 165-244 (67.6%) for 2076 yards, 26 TDs, and 6 INTs. He added 74 rushes for 268 yards (3.6 ypc) and 5 TDs. Pretty pedestrian numbers by the stats heavy standards that usually come with that award. I'm not saying it's right but I do think voters take into account career achievement when voting and Stick should see some benefit there this year. Like I said I don't think it'll be enough to win but, assuming the Bison are as good as most of us think this year, he'll get more votes than guys with much better numbers I bet.

Bisonator
August 10th, 2018, 11:25 AM
Sounds like the only 2 here that are butt hurt are a fawker and cappinsoftlongears.xlolx

CappinHard
August 10th, 2018, 11:30 AM
Sounds like the only 2 here that are butt hurt are a fawker and cappinsoftlongears.xlolx

Ha, I just try to keep some of the Bizun fans in check. I got #triggered when I saw that someone didn't think it was a bold prediction that Stick would win it.

Thumper 76
August 10th, 2018, 11:32 AM

I think that I’m having a different discussion than NDSU fans are then. I didn’t say the bison won in spite of Stick, and have been arguing on the premise of Stick being Peyton worthy/better than TC. I was saying that the bison as a team have been good enough to win in spite of port qb play, not that they have had poor qb play. Which led to me arguing that Stick hasn’t been asked to carry his team to W’s like many qbs on the Peyton list have had to. I’ve even said Stick is a good qb multiple times. I have noticed that ndsu fans have taken to reading fragments of sentences so they can feel indignation at such heresy instead of reading an entire post as it’s written xcoffeex

Thumper 76
August 10th, 2018, 11:35 AM
Ha, I just try to keep some of the Bizun fans in check. I got #triggered when I saw that someone didn't think it was a bold prediction that Stick would win it.

For me, I just hadn’t bickered with NDSU fans in a while xlolx

Professor Chaos
August 10th, 2018, 11:51 AM
I think that I’m having a different discussion than NDSU fans are then. I didn’t say the bison won in spite of Stick, and have been arguing on the premise of Stick being Peyton worthy/better than TC. I was saying that the bison as a team have been good enough to win in spite of port qb play, not that they have had poor qb play. Which led to me arguing that Stick hasn’t been asked to carry his team to W’s like many qbs on the Peyton list have had to. I’ve even said Stick is a good qb multiple times. I have noticed that ndsu fans have taken to reading fragments of sentences so they can feel indignation at such heresy instead of reading an entire post as it’s written xcoffeex

Well, when you're dealing in hypotheticals like that there's all sorts of ways your comment could be taken and taking it as an insult is not a trait only NDSU fans have. Leaving the "how good is Stick argument aside" I'd say you are undervaluing the QB position at NDSU.

Case in point is the difference between the 2010 and 2011 Bison. In 2010 they ran for 174.3 yards per game at 4.5 ypc. In 2011 they ran for 173.3 yards per game at 4.9 ypc. In 2010 they lost 5 games and lost out in the quarters. In 2011 they lost 1 game and won a national title. Why? Well the defense was much better in 2011 but I'd also point to the fact that the offensive pass efficiency was light years better. In 2010 the completion percentage was under 50% (161-308) which led to a 3rd down conversion rate of only 29%. In 2011 the completion percentage went up to 67% and likewise the 3rd down conversion rate rose to 42.3%. This increased passing efficiency and corresponding 3rd down efficiency allowed them to increase TOP which led to the defense being on the field less which is really the entire blueprint for this title run. Yes, the NDSU defense has been stellar since 2011 but the fact that the offense is so good at holding onto the ball is as much a reflection of that as anything.

So, while I agree that an NDSU QB doesn't need to put up Payton like numbers for them to be successful, the play of the QB has a trickle down effect that really makes the machine that Bison football has become go. NDSU could win with poor QB play like they had in 2010 where they won 9 games and lost 5 and made the national quarterfinals. NDSU wouldn't be the championship level team they've been for the last 7 years without some very efficient QB play that helps keep the sticks moving.

BisonTru
August 10th, 2018, 12:18 PM

If Stick wins the WP, I'm going to be disappointed on how our season went.

CappinHard
August 10th, 2018, 01:23 PM

Alternatively, TC might have to win the award for me to not be disappointed on how our season went.

Thumper 76
August 10th, 2018, 02:28 PM
Looks like a lot of us will be getting ESPN+ if you want to watch MVFC games this year.

http://valley-football.org/news/2018/8/10/football-mvfc-announces-2018-television-package-on-espn3-espn.aspx

50 conference games will be aired with 43 being on ESPN+ and the rest on ESPN3 according to this. On the plus side, the MVFC will have its own channel on the app, which is cool.

TheKingpin28
August 10th, 2018, 03:26 PM
Looks like a lot of us will be getting ESPN+ if you want to watch MVFC games this year.

http://valley-football.org/news/2018/8/10/football-mvfc-announces-2018-television-package-on-espn3-espn.aspx (http://valley-football.org/news/2018/8/10/football-mvfc-announces-2018-television-package-on-espn3-espn.aspx)

50 conference games will be aired with 43 being on ESPN+ and the rest on ESPN3 according to this. On the plus side, the MVFC will have its own channel on the app, which is cool.

Getting half of the Swans games for Championship football ($7 for the ones not on ESPN+) and now Bison games (still wish they would have stayed on ESPN3), I'd say the 50 for the year is not bad at all.

ST_Lawson
August 10th, 2018, 03:49 PM
I plan on being at pretty much all our home games as well as our game at Illinois State, so it looks like I can pick up ESPN+ before our October 20th game at Missouri State and cancel after our November 10th game at South Dakota and still be able to see all of our games.

Has anyone heard anything about playoff games? Those still going to be available on ESPN2/3?

POD Knows
August 10th, 2018, 03:51 PM
If Stick wins the WP, I'm going to be disappointed on how our season went.Yep, the wheels would have to be off of the mighty Bison machine for him to get the WP. No way he gets it if the Bison are playing Bison football.

Thumper 76
August 10th, 2018, 05:09 PM
Getting half of the Swans games for Championship football ($7 for the ones not on ESPN+) and now Bison games (still wish they would have stayed on ESPN3), I'd say the 50 for the year is not bad at all.

Who the hell are the Swans?

TheKingpin28
August 10th, 2018, 05:32 PM
Who the hell are the Swans?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSwansea City AFC. My FA club I have been following for the last few years.

Thumper 76
August 10th, 2018, 05:33 PM
Swansea City AFC. My FA club I have been following for the last few years.

And you give me **** for liking Winnipeg xlolx

TheKingpin28
August 10th, 2018, 05:39 PM
And you give me **** for liking Winnipeg xlolx

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkMy heritage is Welsh. I also root for MNUFC, but man can they be straight garbage some times, but they provide a solid atmosphere for games. And yes, I do give you **** for Winnipeg due to the fact that there are NHL teams IN AMERICA that you could choose and yet you chose to go Canadian on us. But I get it, that's part of the whole SDSU thing, you just love playing second fiddle always. xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 10th, 2018, 05:47 PM

LOL

Let me see, that was a Big 10 team.....they do have some legit talent and 22 more scholarships....xrolleyesx

- - - Updated - - -

No one has said, ES is going to win it.

Does he deserve to be in the conversation in the preseason? You bet he does.

cx500d
August 10th, 2018, 09:10 PM
... And yes, I do give you **** for Winnipeg due to the fact that there are NHL teams IN AMERICA that you could choose and yet you chose to go Canadian on us.

I highly recommend the Dallas North Stars, otherwise known as America’s Team.

SUPharmacist
August 10th, 2018, 10:51 PM
I highly recommend the Dallas North Stars, otherwise known as America’s Team.

**** your Dallas Stars. Although I will give them credit for dropping the North from their name as opposed to the goddamn Lakers.

TheKingpin28
August 11th, 2018, 08:25 AM
I highly recommend the Dallas North Stars, otherwise known as America’s Team.This is bait!

dewey
August 11th, 2018, 09:01 AM

http://valley-football.org/news/2018/8/10/football-mvfc-announces-2018-television-package-on-espn3-espn.aspx

Agreed. Looks like I will be signing up soon.

Dewey

dewey
August 11th, 2018, 09:05 AM

If NDSU doesn't make it to the semifinals I will be disappointed in the season.

When I said it wasnt a bold prediction for Stick to win the WP because he is already listed in the preseason top 5.

I will be mildly surprised if he wins it because NDSU's offense isn't reliant upon 1 person getting video game like numbers.

Dewey

Winterborn
August 11th, 2018, 09:32 PM

http://valley-football.org/news/2018/8/10/football-mvfc-announces-2018-television-package-on-espn3-espn.aspx (http://valley-football.org/news/2018/8/10/football-mvfc-announces-2018-television-package-on-espn3-espn.aspx)

You know if any of the other conferences are going to be on ESPN+?

Thumper 76
August 12th, 2018, 12:07 AM
You know if any of the other conferences are going to be on ESPN+?

No clue I just saw the MVFC release.

Redbird 4th & short
August 12th, 2018, 10:38 AM
Agreed. Looks like I will be signing up soon.

Dewey

ISUr is getting 10 of 11 games on ESPN ... 7 on ESPN+, 3 on ESPN3. Also getting 4 of the 10 on NBC SC Ironically, our only game not currently slated for televised production (streamed or otherwise) that we are aware of is our FBS game against Colorado St.

NDSUtk
August 12th, 2018, 03:40 PM
I plan on being at pretty much all our home games as well as our game at Illinois State, so it looks like I can pick up ESPN+ before our October 20th game at Missouri State and cancel after our November 10th game at South Dakota and still be able to see all of our games.

Has anyone heard anything about playoff games? Those still going to be available on ESPN2/3?Per Dom Izzo, for at least this season, the playoffs aren't changing.

Yote 53
August 13th, 2018, 09:15 AM
I hate it when something you used to get for free* you now have to pay for. To top it all off, the conference isn't getting any money out of this. So the conference gives free content to ESPN and then they charge MVFC fans to watch it. Something is messed up here. The MVFC should just dump ESPN, devise their own conference app and raise revenue that way. Gameday production is being handled by Midco, etc., all they have to do is pick up the feed.

*In this case "free" meaning ESPN3 being part of the package when you subscribe to ESPN.

Trumpster
August 13th, 2018, 09:32 AM
I hate it when something you used to get for free* you now have to pay for. To top it all off, the conference isn't getting any money out of this. So the conference gives free content to ESPN and then they charge MVFC fans to watch it. Something is messed up here. The MVFC should just dump ESPN, devise their own conference app and raise revenue that way. Gameday production is being handled by Midco, etc., all they have to do is pick up the feed.

*In this case "free" meaning ESPN3 being part of the package when you subscribe to ESPN.

On the other hand, I'd never pay for cable so this is a much better option for me.

ST_Lawson
August 13th, 2018, 10:36 AM
Gameday production is being handled by Midco...

For some schools. We don't all have the luxury of a broadcast TV station or regional sports network in our area that can produce games for us.

CappinHard
August 13th, 2018, 10:46 AM
For some schools. We don't all have the luxury of a broadcast TV station or regional sports network in our area that can produce games for us.

Yeah, we've noticed. xlolx

Hammersmith
August 13th, 2018, 06:01 PM
This is mainly a question for clenz, and other MVC posters(not interested in Dakota responses). This isn't exactly the right thread for this question, but it's about the MVFC and I didn't want to start a new thread.

With UND bringing the MVFC breakdown to five Summit, five MVC and one Horizon, do any of you MVC posters think your schools would be for or against moving the MVFC into the Summit? It would be like the old A-10 to CAA move several years ago. Basically just a name and office location change. Same schools, same scheduling, just a different name. The Summit bylaws could be amended to keep football decisions separate from regular Summit decisions so the status quo could be maintained.

The reason would be to shore up the Summit's autobids and add some more stability. Just wondering where the feelings would be on a spectrum of "don't really care" to "hell no, we'd never do that". Again, not asking so much about your feelings about the idea, but the feelings of your schools(athletic departments, administrations, etc.).

Personally, I don't have strong feelings one way or the other. I like the MVFC name and that it's separate and can keep focused on good football. I'd rather see the Summit strengthen itself using traditional methods of bringing in strong schools and holding onto them. But I'm not opposed to using loopholes to keep things together if it's needed.

I know this topic has come up before in other ways, but I'd like to hear just the MVC opinions, not what the vocal Dakota group thinks.

IBleedYellow
August 14th, 2018, 10:54 AM
This is mainly a question for clenz, and other MVC posters(not interested in Dakota responses). This isn't exactly the right thread for this question, but it's about the MVFC and I didn't want to start a new thread.

With UND bringing the MVFC breakdown to five Summit, five MVC and one Horizon, do any of you MVC posters think your schools would be for or against moving the MVFC into the Summit? It would be like the old A-10 to CAA move several years ago. Basically just a name and office location change. Same schools, same scheduling, just a different name. The Summit bylaws could be amended to keep football decisions separate from regular Summit decisions so the status quo could be maintained.

The reason would be to shore up the Summit's autobids and add some more stability. Just wondering where the feelings would be on a spectrum of "don't really care" to "hell no, we'd never do that". Again, not asking so much about your feelings about the idea, but the feelings of your schools(athletic departments, administrations, etc.).

Personally, I don't have strong feelings one way or the other. I like the MVFC name and that it's separate and can keep focused on good football. I'd rather see the Summit strengthen itself using traditional methods of bringing in strong schools and holding onto them. But I'm not opposed to using loopholes to keep things together if it's needed.

I know this topic has come up before in other ways, but I'd like to hear just the MVC opinions, not what the vocal Dakota group thinks.

Oh boy. popcorn.gif

clenz
August 14th, 2018, 12:12 PM

I don’t really care to go down this road again. I have a few times - in significant depth- in re last year or so. Nothing has changed.

To summarize, because idgaff at this point, if the SL office wants to control football they will need to convince OVC and Big Sky teams to join as all sports SL members. Good luck with that because there isn’t a single even “meh” solution out there for that. You’d need a minimum of 2 and better hope that those additions don’t alienate already broke and borderline bankrupt WIU into dropping football or moving OVC/HL. Because you’re going to be adding schools way out west. I’d guess WIU gets a HL invite (they want to grow) and keeps football in the MVFC.

The second the SL does that the MVFC (who would keep YSU and as I already laid out won’t be shocked about WIU depending how SL football happens btw) only needs 1 or 0. Murray State is that one. Bam. The MVFC is perfectly fine. Nothing needs to change for us other than more OOC games.

Shockingly the SL is going to need extra OOC games as well. We just shift conference games to OOC games. Meaning all we did was break up a perfectly fine, strong, single sport conference to make the SL penis feel bigger without actually getting bigger.

The MVC presidents will not concede power of a single sport conference to another all sport league. That’d be asinine. They’d rather the SL split off and try to show everyone how easy it is - based on their talk of it.

BisonFan02
August 14th, 2018, 02:49 PM
The MVC schools are the fluff of the league and the gap will continue to widen.

Evolution Prime
August 14th, 2018, 04:35 PM
SDSU team photo

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/EvolutionPrime/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1534281951689_zpsh6jqkboo.jpg

Schism55
August 14th, 2018, 04:52 PM
Yeah, we've noticed. xlolx
Oh man I get endless enjoyment out of the closet/hostage environment of the WIU broadcasts xthumbsupx

TheKingpin28
August 14th, 2018, 05:19 PM
SDSU team photo

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/EvolutionPrime/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1534281951689_zpsh6jqkboo.jpg

Coach Steig:

https://i.giphy.com/media/ftXmTBgSnsJ8c/giphy.webp

My reaction:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/001/023/007/f29.png

SUPharmacist
August 14th, 2018, 11:27 PM
With ESPN+ are all the games available on demand after completion? My work schedule this year is going to screw over my ability to watch live, but if I can replay them ESPN+ will be perfect.

cx500d
August 14th, 2018, 11:35 PM
SDSU team photo

Nice, the Joose and Smirnoff sponsorship signs are appropriate!

Redbird 4th & short
August 16th, 2018, 09:08 PM
MVFC thread fell off page one .. plus I'm bored waiting for season to start. So here's a post ... last year I had posted something about the ISUr LB group and how big it is compared to other MVFC programs with stronger defenses .. most of the top tier MVFC defenses have starters that fall in the 215 to 230 range. Well here is update on ISUr LB group .. and note we lost our top 3 LB tacklers from a year ago .. here are the returners, excl true FR

0 Paul Engram LB 5-11 225 JR
6 Tuvone Clark LB 6-2 250 JR
30 Josh Barajas LB 6-2 245 JR
32 Zeke Vandenburgh LB 6-3 235 FR
34 Connor Janes LB 6-2 250 JR
39 Zackary Mathews LB 6-1 240 SR
42 Dylan Draka LB 6-0 240 SO
47 DeMarco Washington LB 6-3 235 JR
50 Ty DeForest LB 6-0 250 JR
58 Decxavier Kelly-Martin LB 6-3 225 JR
95 Jason Harris 6-4 245 LB

Having lost 3 most prominent tacklers, we're stll guessing who will start and be on 2 deep. This year our base defense will be a 3-4-4. So our 2 deep guess as of now may be

1st string: 245 lb Harris, 250 lb Deforest, then maybe 225 lb Kelly Martin, 240 lb Matthews
2nd string: 250 lb Clark, 245 lb Barajas, 235 lb Vandenburg, and 225 lb Engram
3rd string: 250 lb Janes, 240 lb Draka, 235 lb Washington

Not sure how fast they will be, but we're looking forward to watching them hit .. and excited about our special teams depth. No idea how good they will be, but excited to see if it comes together.

As for our 3 down lineman, we're good at DE, but not so sure at DT given we lost 3 interior guys ... including 2 studs. But we converted from 4-3-4 to 3-4-4 base. And we have a RS FR that everyone is excited about who is up to 325 lbs playing NT and he supposedly can move his feet. He played OL (all conf) and DL (all state) in HS, plus he wrestled (state champion) and did track & field, ... oh .. he also did some bass fishing !!! But everyone is talking about how fast this NT is coming along .. question marks everywhere on defense, but there is no shortage of bodies on the depth chart. We'll see how quick they develop into MVFC caliber players.

But back to LB group .. this is possibly bigger than some NFL rosters.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 17th, 2018, 07:29 PM
Listened to the Youngstown play-by-play guy on the local Bison station today. Sounds like Bo likes this team. Grad transfer is going to be the QB over Mayes. TE transfer sounds like he is a huge dude.

Both local radio guys picked YSU in the top 10. After listening to the YSU announcer, they could be right.

The Yo Show
August 17th, 2018, 08:45 PM
Maybe before we lost a bunch of starters for the season during fall camp... Lost starting defensive end Reed, starting safety Kyle hegedus and deshaun Taylor for the season. Also more starters but they aren't injured for season. We shall see.

I was optimistic for the season before the injuries. Post injuries... I'm not so sure.

Houndawg
August 18th, 2018, 01:06 PM

There aren't any rivalries, and nobody wants, or in SIU's case, can afford the extra travel costs.

Professor Chaos
August 20th, 2018, 04:28 PM
Unless someone else wants to (and I won't be offended or disappointed whatsoever if someone else does) I'll volunteer to run and track the MVFC pick 'em this year. So with that said I have question for you all who would participate. Do you want to embrace your inner degenerate and pick against the 5dimes.eu opening point spread or just pick the games straight up (or both)? If both, I may peter out mid-season if there's not enough picks against the spread or if I just get sick of tracking all that stuff but I thought it would be kind of fun since I having no qualms about admitting to being a degenerate myself. :)

cx500d
August 20th, 2018, 04:35 PM
Unless someone else wants to (and I won't be offended or disappointed whatsoever if someone else does) I'll volunteer to run and track the MVFC pick 'em this year. So with that said I have question for you all who would participate. Do you want to embrace your inner degenerate and pick against the 5dimes.eu opening point spread or just pick the games straight up (or both)? If both, I may peter out mid-season if there's not enough picks against the spread or if I just get sick of tracking all that stuff but I thought it would be kind of fun since I having no qualms about admitting to being a degenerate myself. :)

just straight up for me personally

Thumper 76
August 20th, 2018, 05:47 PM

Whatever would be easiest for you

Thumper 76
August 20th, 2018, 05:50 PM
Listened to the Youngstown play-by-play guy on the local Bison station today. Sounds like Bo likes this team. Grad transfer is going to be the QB over Mayes. TE transfer sounds like he is a huge dude.

Both local radio guys picked YSU in the top 10. After listening to the YSU announcer, they could be right.

What play by play guy is going to talk down his team and what coach doesn’t like his team in fall camp? Especially after last season Bo better not be coming out and saying anything other than I really like our team, I doubt YSU will stomach another poor season with his recruiting a rapist.

The Yo Show
August 20th, 2018, 06:22 PM
Good points thump. But yeah I'm skeptical of the season with all the injuries. Our secondary is gonna be tested with no starting safety experience.

SUPharmacist
August 20th, 2018, 07:10 PM

I would go for straight up, but would participate either way. Whatever you decide, thanks for the hard work.

dewey
August 20th, 2018, 08:22 PM
I ran lasts years MVFC pick'em so go ahead and take care of this year PC.

Just so long as I beat carribeanhen and Thumperxthumbsupx

Dewey

POD Knows
August 20th, 2018, 08:36 PM
Unless someone else wants to (and I won't be offended or disappointed whatsoever if someone else does) I'll volunteer to run and track the MVFC pick 'em this year. So with that said I have question for you all who would participate. Do you want to embrace your inner degenerate and pick against the 5dimes.eu opening point spread or just pick the games straight up (or both)? If both, I may peter out mid-season if there's not enough picks against the spread or if I just get sick of tracking all that stuff but I thought it would be kind of fun since I having no qualms about admitting to being a degenerate myself. :)Hell do
one each way that way I could suck in two pick ems.

ST_Lawson
August 20th, 2018, 09:47 PM
Last I heard, SealHall74 (the guy over on Leatherneck Nation who does the pick-em with prizes every year) is going to be doing it again this year. He's been doing some tweaking to the code, so hopefully it isn't quite so sluggish this year. But really, it's free to participate and you can win $, so it's not like you can complain much (well...you could, but you'd be dumb).

That doesn't mean we can't have one here, but since the talk was about pick-em games, I thought I'd mention it.

EDIT - Unrelated but of particular interest to teams visiting Hanson Field this year (I'm lookin' at you, Bison fans)...WIU is going to try out selling alcohol at Hanson Field during games...finally.
More info: https://goleathernecks.com/news/2018/8/20/athletics-department-alcohol-sales-pilot-program-begins-at-wiu-leatherneck-football-games.aspx

cx500d
August 20th, 2018, 10:17 PM
Last I heard, SealHall74 (the guy over on Leatherneck Nation who does the pick-em with prizes every year) is going to be doing it again this year. He's been doing some tweaking to the code, so hopefully it isn't quite so sluggish this year. But really, it's free to participate and you can win $, so it's not like you can complain much (well...you could, but you'd be dumb).

That doesn't mean we can't have one here, but since the talk was about pick-em games, I thought I'd mention it.

EDIT - Unrelated but of particular interest to teams visiting Hanson Field this year (I'm lookin' at you, Bison fans)...WIU is going to try out selling alcohol at Hanson Field during games...finally.
More info: https://goleathernecks.com/news/2018/8/20/athletics-department-alcohol-sales-pilot-program-begins-at-wiu-leatherneck-football-games.aspx

Personally I like the leatherneck pickem

CappinHard
August 20th, 2018, 10:53 PM

I prefer spread. Takes much more skill. Kind of boring when there are multiple no brainers every week, and once you're a few points behind, there's no way to win except for picking a bunch of upsets. Sincerely, another degenerate.

Btw, last year I made a Google form that would make tracking it much easier. I'll send you a link and let me know if you want to use it.

dewey
August 21st, 2018, 06:15 AM
Here are the captains for the 2018 North Dakota State University Bison football team.

Robbie Grimsley, Bruce Anderson, Easton Stick, Darrius Shepherd, Levi Jordheim and Aaron Steidl have been voted captains of the 2018 Bison football team.

Stick is now a three-time captain. Jordheim and Steidl were each walk-ons, now captains.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180821/b8c29d198503a1404833e3e13a14fefa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

uni88
August 21st, 2018, 07:16 AM

More info: https://goleathernecks.com/news/2018/8/20/athletics-department-alcohol-sales-pilot-program-begins-at-wiu-leatherneck-football-games.aspxI hope to make it to Bomberland for the game in late October.

Thumper 76
August 21st, 2018, 04:34 PM
I ran lasts years MVFC pick'em so go ahead and take care of this year PC.

Just so long as I beat carribeanhen and Thumperxthumbsupx

Dewey

Don’t sing it, bring it xcoffeex

dewey
August 21st, 2018, 11:18 PM
Here are the standings from the MVFC pick'em last year.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?200574-Final-MVFC-prediction-standings

REGULAR SEASON
CHAMPION = Mayville Bison
Runner-Up = dewey, TheKingpin28 & Paladin1aa
3rd place = caribbeanhen

PLAYOFFS
CHAMPION = Professor Chaos
Runner-Up = caribbeanhen
3rd place = Gil Dobie & dewey (same score for the tiebreaker)

OVERALL
CHAMPION = Mayville Bison
Runner-Up = dewey (2nd year in a row - DOH!)
3rd place = caribbeanhen

Dewey

TheKingpin28
August 22nd, 2018, 03:24 PM
I still cannot believe my picks were so bad. xcoffeex

dewey
August 22nd, 2018, 10:13 PM
I still cannot believe my picks were so bad. xcoffeex

I can:D

Dewey

TheKingpin28
August 23rd, 2018, 02:36 PM
I can:D

DeweyThanks. I needed that. It is much appreciated.

dewey
August 24th, 2018, 10:45 AM
Here is an article from Mike McFeely, Fargo Forum, about SDSU head coach getting a slap on the wrist for his DUI in January and the subsequent handling by SDSU.

http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2018/08/23/sdsu-sends-strong-and-very-wrong-message-with-stiegelmeier-penalty/

Mike McFeely is certainly not well liked amongst most Bison fans.

Dewey

IBleedYellow
August 24th, 2018, 10:53 AM
W (http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2018/08/23/sdsu-sends-strong-and-very-wrong-message-with-stiegelmeier-penalty/)e might not like Mike but sometimes he says things exactly how they are, sometimes he minces words.

dewey
August 24th, 2018, 11:06 AM
W (http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2018/08/23/sdsu-sends-strong-and-very-wrong-message-with-stiegelmeier-penalty/)e might not like Mike but sometimes he says things exactly how they are, sometimes he minces words.

Completely agree.

Dewey

CappinHard
August 24th, 2018, 11:06 AM
Here is an article from Mike McFeely, Fargo Forum, about SDSU head coach getting a slap on the wrist for his DUI in January and the subsequent handling by SDSU.

http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2018/08/23/sdsu-sends-strong-and-very-wrong-message-with-stiegelmeier-penalty/

Mike McFeely is certainly not well liked amongst most Bison fans.

Dewey

I do think they should have suspended him for 1 game. I would be interested to hear the reasoning as to why they didn't, because no matter what that is internally, externally it would have closed the door for this type of controversy. However, it's funny that he states that Stig "will not, really, be punished" when he doesn't know what the imposed fine and community service consisted of.

dewey
August 24th, 2018, 11:09 AM
I do think they should have suspended him for 1 game. I would be interested to hear the reasoning as to why they didn't, because no matter what that is internally, externally it would have closed the door for this type of controversy. However, it's funny that he states that Stig "will not, really, be punished" when he doesn't know what the imposed fine and community service consisted of.

Besides a fine and some community service he is not really being punished. Obviously the idea of punishment for the crime is subjective in this case.

If an NDSU coach got a DUI a 1 to 2 game suspension would seem appropriate like you mentioned.

Dewey

CappinHard
August 24th, 2018, 11:19 AM
Besides a fine and some community service he is not really being punished. Obviously the idea of punishment for the crime is subjective in this case.

If an NDSU coach got a DUI a 1 to 2 game suspension would seem appropriate like you mentioned.

Dewey

So if he had to pay a 100k fine and do 200 hrs of community service, that's not a punishment? I have no idea if those amounts are even close to correct, just arguing a point.

dewey
August 24th, 2018, 11:21 AM
So if he had to pay a 100k fine and do 200 hrs of community service, that's not a punishment? I have no idea if those amounts are even close to correct, just arguing a point.Touche. You are correct. I also find it humorous that SDSU doesn't announce what Stig's punishment is but when a player is suspended it is announced in terms of punishment but obviously not reason.

Dewey

CappinHard
August 24th, 2018, 11:27 AM
Touche. You are correct. I also find it humorous that SDSU doesn't announce what Stig's punishment is but when a player is suspended it is announced in terms of punishment but obviously not reason.

Dewey

They're obviously going to announce any game suspensions, as those would be evident anyway. Any punishment beyond game suspensions, such as community service and the like have normally not been announced in detail.

IBleedYellow
August 24th, 2018, 11:33 AM
If a NDSU coach got a DUI there would be calls to fire him, from NDSU, UND and SDSU fans alike.

Stig got off basically with nothing.

POD Knows
August 24th, 2018, 12:12 PM
If a NDSU coach got a DUI there would be calls to fire him, from NDSU, UND and SDSU fans alike.

Stig got off basically with nothing.Well, yea, you throw a DUI on top of the fact that we cheat and hell yea, calls for his firing would be all over the place.

clenz
August 24th, 2018, 12:14 PM
Brock Spack is impressed with Stigs/SDSUs ability to get fans to defend a light to no punishment. He’s looking for his cell phone now to call and ask for even more tips and tricks than he already has.

Redbird 4th & short
August 24th, 2018, 01:16 PM
Brock Spack is impressed with Stigs/SDSUs ability to get fans to defend a light to no punishment. He’s looking for his cell phone now to call and ask for even more tips and tricks than he already has.

Such a predictable troll ... asking for 3rd time .. how old are you ?

BisonFan02
August 24th, 2018, 01:44 PM
I remember my DUI punishment. xlolx

clenz
August 24th, 2018, 02:38 PM
Such a predictable troll ... asking for 3rd time .. how old are you ?

Hey IBY...what did I text you as soon as I submitted that post?

Rofl.

Thumper 76
August 24th, 2018, 02:45 PM
Stig should have been suspended a couple games. He isn’t. Dunno what you expect SDSU fans to do about it.

IBleedYellow
August 24th, 2018, 02:50 PM
Hey IBY...what did I text you as soon as I submitted that post?

Rofl.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYou said less than two hours. I said over.

You win.

POD Knows
August 24th, 2018, 03:00 PM
Sting should have been suspended a couple games. He isn’t. Dunno what you expect SDSU fans to do about it.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSting should be flogged for the ****ty music The Police crapped on society. Suspending him for a couple games seems outside the norm.

Thumper 76
August 24th, 2018, 03:01 PM
Sting should be flogged for the ****ty music The Police crapped on society. Suspending him for a couple games seems outside the norm.

God ****ing damn autocorrect

clenz
August 24th, 2018, 03:02 PM
You said less than two hours. I said over.

You win.

He has to have alerts set up on my posts.

I don’t even think of him with my posts until after I hit send. The claims he lives in my head are awesome, considering he can’t let a post of mine go without relying - or mentioning me in threads I’m not even involved in.

clenz
August 24th, 2018, 03:04 PM
Sting should be flogged for the ****ty music The Police crapped on society. Suspending him for a couple games seems outside the norm.

Sting is the greatest wrestler of all time.

https://gifer.com/EtVS

TheKingpin28
August 24th, 2018, 03:18 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwAhuEVuM7c

POD Knows
August 24th, 2018, 03:21 PM
Sting is the greatest wrestler of all time.

https://gifer.com/EtVS

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThat skinny little blond foreigner was the greatest wrestler of all time, I could kick his ass after I straight shot a dozen Joose on an empty stomach.

cx500d
August 24th, 2018, 03:22 PM
That skinny little blond foreigner was the greatest wrestler of all time, I could kick his ass after I straight shot a dozen Joose on an empty stomach.

Would you give him a stig arm?

POD Knows
August 24th, 2018, 03:24 PM
Would you give him a stig arm?I don't know, you can't tell what you are going to do until you get into the ring, but Sting would have no chance against me, particularly if I was strung out on Joose. It would be ugly.

cx500d
August 24th, 2018, 03:26 PM
I don't know, you can't tell what you are going to do until you get into the ring, but Sting would have no chance against me, particularly if I was strung out on Joose. It would be ugly.

Maybe if you drop him on his shoulder you can give him a stigger

TheKingpin28
August 24th, 2018, 03:52 PM
I don't know, you can't tell what you are going to do until you get into the ring, but Sting would have no chance against me, particularly if I was strung out on Joose. It would be ugly.

The fabled Prince of Darkness would make a return? :D

POD Knows
August 24th, 2018, 03:55 PM
The fabled Prince of Darkness would make a return? :DDon't think so, not with this neck/back thing but I could still kick Sting's ass, all I would need would be to play their ****ty music in the background and the mojo would kick in.

Bisonator
August 24th, 2018, 04:19 PM
Stig should have to do PSA's about Joosing and driving and jerking and driving.:D

clenz
August 24th, 2018, 05:05 PM
That skinny little blond foreigner was the greatest wrestler of all time, I could kick his ass after I straight shot a dozen Joose on an empty stomach.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180824/b4560b27295a233528d95b456c68773a.jpeg

TheKingpin28
August 24th, 2018, 05:54 PM
Don't think so, not with this neck/back thing but I could still kick Sting's ass, all I would need would be to play their ****ty music in the background and the mojo would kick in.

So play The Final Countdown after you won to get you more amped up?

Redbird 4th & short
August 24th, 2018, 07:37 PM
You said less than two hours. I said over.

You win.

Wow, you guys really accomplished something there ... gold stars for both you.

Clenz .. I am dying to know how old you are ... seriously. You remind me of a 12 year old who just can't stop being a punk a-hole ... and doesn't even try to stop. So you keep being that punk a-hole .. and feel good about it .. again, amazing accomplishment for you .. such a big strong little boy.

P.s. some advice ... try to move on and get a life .. just try.

Redbird 4th & short
August 24th, 2018, 07:47 PM

I don’t even think of him with my posts until after I hit send. The claims he lives in my head are awesome, considering he can’t let a post of mine go without relying - or mentioning me in threads I’m not even involved in.

That's some serious BS ... you already admitted you sent IBY a text .. and I only respond when you shoot you spew your usual sh-t. Somehow you actually believe your trolling is somehow not trolling.

Get a life dude ... just move on and I will have nothing to respond to ... basic cause and effect. You troll me .. I call out your trolling .. pretty simple. But oh man ... you did get me good ... I guess ???

clenz
August 24th, 2018, 07:54 PM
That's some serious BS ... you already admitted you sent IBY a text .. and I only respond when you shoot you spew your usual sh-t. Somehow you actually believe your trolling is somehow not trolling.

Get a life dude ... just move on and I will have nothing to respond to ... basic cause and effect. You troll me .. I call out your trolling .. pretty simple. But oh man ... you did get me good ... I guess ???

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180825/09c740f50bd36894ffff6394b99f8c0b.jpeg

If it was about trolling you I wouldn’t make those kind of comments anywhere but here. Yet I do...in every message string/group I’m in. It’s funny. Just because you have such a hard on for trying to fight in the internet and can’t let stupid jokes slide doesn’t mean anyone is going out of their way to troll you. It means if anyone needs to mature, it’s you.

Redbird 4th & short
August 24th, 2018, 08:02 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180825/09c740f50bd36894ffff6394b99f8c0b.jpeg

If it was about trolling you I wouldn’t make those kind of comments anywhere but here. Yet I do...in every message string/group I’m in. It’s funny. Just because you have such a hard on for trying to fight in the internet and can’t let stupid jokes slide doesn’t mean anyone is going out of their way to troll you. It means if anyone needs to mature, it’s you.

Lectures from you about funny and mature ... I have so much to learn from you.

P.s. yet you admit you sent IBY the text immediately after ... but never thought of me until after .. BS meter is spiking

ST_Lawson
August 24th, 2018, 08:28 PM
And congrats everyone....we have reached 100 pages before the season even starts.

Redbird 4th & short
August 24th, 2018, 09:24 PM
Honored my pissing match with clenz pushed us over. But new MVFC topic ... redbird nation is very envious of leatherneck nation ... and speaking of pissing matches, they just got approved to sell (and drink) beer at football games inside stadium. Not to be outdone for too long.. ISUr seems to be positioning to do same in next year or two. ISUr has some difficulty shutting down tailgate lots to get fans into game ... this might help.

BisonFan02
August 24th, 2018, 11:19 PM
The fabled Prince of Darkness would make a return? :D

The POD is too hopped up on Tylenol PM and tequila to feel pain.....

CappinHard
August 24th, 2018, 11:23 PM
And congrats everyone....we have reached 100 pages before the season even starts.

Last year there were 135 pages by August 24th. We're slipping.

BisonFan02
August 24th, 2018, 11:25 PM
Last year there were 135 pages by August 24th. We're slipping.

The rate will also slip once the season starts. Time to sell my Casey's stock.

CappinHard
August 24th, 2018, 11:28 PM
USeD... Stop. This is embarrassing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=fI8u8x6wRh4&app=desktop&p ersist_app=1

BisonFan02
August 24th, 2018, 11:34 PM
xpopcornx

JSUSoutherner
August 24th, 2018, 11:41 PM

Ehh. Roxanne is a good song. Fight me.

CappinHard
August 24th, 2018, 11:44 PM
USeD... Stop. This is embarrassing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=fI8u8x6wRh4&app=desktop&p ersist_app=1

I haven't seen brilliant choreography like this since Micheal Scott created The Scarn.