I say top five. What say ye?

10-15 sounds about right.

BisonFan02
December 22nd, 2017, 12:23 PM
I agree with beating the #12 team that should move us up to number 5

That #12 team?

BisonFan02
December 22nd, 2017, 12:25 PM
They would have been another MEAC "one and done" team in the postseason.....eek into top 25 and are as relevant as the IVYs in trying to compare with their peer FCS schools.

KPSUL
December 22nd, 2017, 12:38 PM
If they want to be higher they need to participate in the playoffs. They might be 5, but then again they might be 25. Just no way of telling, without the playoffs. But why would they care? Jay Walker already said a couple of dozen of times that they were the "Champions" !

sgt smash
December 22nd, 2017, 12:57 PM
ORV for me

Professor
December 22nd, 2017, 01:36 PM
If they want to be higher they need to participate in the playoffs. They might be 5, but then again they might be 25. Just no way of telling, without the playoffs. But why would they care? Jay Walker already said a couple of dozen of times that they were the "Champions" !

We don't , no one from A&T started this thread. Got our trophy , Got our check and now we are recruiting

#keepthestreak

#13 is Sept 1st vs ECU

WileECoyote06
December 22nd, 2017, 01:44 PM
They'll be in my top ten.

Herder
December 22nd, 2017, 02:02 PM
#1. HBCU National Champion

it would be good if A&T had more OOC games to really know. Is line play good enough to beat CAA, MVFC and Big Sky Playoff Teams? We don’t know. Give them the benefit of the doubt at #8.

katss07
December 22nd, 2017, 02:27 PM
16th for me

Milktruck74
December 22nd, 2017, 02:46 PM
They are probably good enough to crack the top 25. They are 12-0, but against who?

Facts:

*3-0 against OOC....those teams had a SINGLE D1 win between the 3 of them.
*Their 2 OOC D1 opponents were 1-21 on the season.
*Only played 2 teams with winning records (3 if you include Grambling)
*Their conference opponents were 26-57 on the season. The MEAC is horrible.
*Their opponents W/L for the year (excluding Grambling) 27-78 (versus D1)

But they did beat an 11 Win Grambling team!!!

Grambling Facts

*Played 4 teams with winning records
*Opponents combined record was 46-73
*The only conference worse than the SWAC is the MEAC.

So, A&T will crack the top 10 on their record alone, but there are probably 40 teams in FCS that would beat them on Any Given Saturday!!!!!

They wouldn't even have made it out of the first round of the playoffs, and it would have been UGLY.

Professor
December 22nd, 2017, 02:56 PM
bwhahaha. Like we knew gardner webb and UNCC were gonna suck this year. You guys are hilarious.

TheKingpin28
December 22nd, 2017, 03:19 PM
I had them at #12 going into the playoffs but they might drop due to teams like KSU and USeD outperforming where I originally had them.

Milktruck74
December 22nd, 2017, 03:36 PM
bwhahaha. Like we knew gardner webb and UNCC were gonna suck this year. You guys are hilarious.

It doesn't matter if you knew they would suck when they were scheduled....but it doesn't change the fact that they do suck. And The rest of the MEAC sucking is pretty standard, so you did know that... Just list which of the 24 playoff teams you think you would beat? I'll wait.

kdinva
December 22nd, 2017, 03:57 PM
Jay Walker already said a couple of dozen of times that they were the "Champions" !

well, that's settled.......no need for the game in Frisco........winner will get placed #2.

katss07
December 22nd, 2017, 05:39 PM
If it were up to good ole Jay Walker, HBCU football would be bigger then FBS Football.

Bisonoline
December 22nd, 2017, 06:00 PM
If it were up to good ole Jay Walker, HBCU football would be bigger then FBS Football.

Its not?????

POD Knows
December 22nd, 2017, 06:03 PM
I am going to drop them to 25, they weren't in the playoffs. Slot voting.

TheKingpin28
December 22nd, 2017, 06:11 PM
I am going to drop them to 25, they weren't in the playoffs. Slot voting.

Too much #MVFCBias in this post.

POD Knows
December 22nd, 2017, 06:22 PM
Too much #MVFCBias in this post.Too much #FCSPlayoffs bias in my post.

Big Dawg
December 22nd, 2017, 06:39 PM
LOL at “North Carolina AT&T”

That extra “T” lol

ASU33
December 22nd, 2017, 06:48 PM

Well HBCU fans would tell that is exactly where we want HBCU football to be! And why wouldn't we?

PantherRob82
December 22nd, 2017, 07:27 PM
Somewhere between 12-25 once I compare final resumes. I wasn’t very impressed with their play in the Celebration Bowl. It was a competitive game, but not a good one. Bands were great, though.

PAllen
December 22nd, 2017, 07:35 PM
Eh, top ten somewhere. Give them top 5 if you want, at this level, anything below 1 or 2 doesn't really matter.

WestCoastAggie
December 22nd, 2017, 08:13 PM

AND?

WestCoastAggie
December 22nd, 2017, 08:16 PM
I say top five. What say ye?

AT&T?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e1/08/d6/e108d6fe4340f3260cac6a3ad00ee02a.gif

cx500d
December 22nd, 2017, 08:21 PM
AT&T?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e1/08/d6/e108d6fe4340f3260cac6a3ad00ee02a.gif

Could be autocorrect

kalm
December 22nd, 2017, 09:29 PM
Shouldn't be ranked at all.

Schism55
December 22nd, 2017, 09:36 PM
They are probably good enough to crack the top 25. They are 12-0, but against who?

Facts:

*3-0 against OOC....those teams had a SINGLE D1 win between the 3 of them.
*Their 2 OOC D1 opponents were 1-21 on the season.
*Only played 2 teams with winning records (3 if you include Grambling)
*Their conference opponents were 26-57 on the season. The MEAC is horrible.
*Their opponents W/L for the year (excluding Grambling) 27-78 (versus D1)

But they did beat an 11 Win Grambling team!!!

Grambling Facts

*Played 4 teams with winning records
*Opponents combined record was 46-73
*The only conference worse than the SWAC is the MEAC.

So, A&T will crack the top 10 on their record alone, but there are probably 40 teams in FCS that would beat them on Any Given Saturday!!!!!

They wouldn't even have made it out of the first round of the playoffs, and it would have been UGLY.
Holy ****, can you play a worse schedule?! xeyebrowx

wheatstraw78
December 22nd, 2017, 09:41 PM
It's a losing battle with some you cats on this board. It wouldn't surprise me if SOME of you start a petition to change the names of the awards that are named after players that attended HBCUs. Your hatred with anything labeled black is sickening.

TheKingpin28
December 22nd, 2017, 09:59 PM
It's a losing battle with some you cats on this board. It wouldn't surprise me if SOME of you start a petition to change the names of the awards that are named after players that attended HBCUs. Your hatred with anything labeled black is sickening.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/tbt.gif

Outside of that, your blind ignorance is quite entertaining so will you continue to enlighten us about our "hatred with anything labeled black"?

kalm
December 22nd, 2017, 10:01 PM

I don't rank the Ivies either for exactly the same reason.

BisonFan02
December 22nd, 2017, 10:04 PM
I don't rank the Ivies either for exactly the same reason.

You wouldn't you commie. xlolx

wheatstraw78
December 22nd, 2017, 10:13 PM
You sir, are the SOME that I am referencing.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/tbt.gif

Outside of that, your blind ignorance is quite entertaining so will you continue to enlighten us about our "hatred with anything labeled black"?

TheKingpin28
December 22nd, 2017, 10:21 PM
You sir, are the SOME that I am referencing.

So since I have a different opinion than you, that automatically means I have a hatred with anything labeled black. Go back to your ****hole that you came from and please never return. I sincerely hope you are not indicative of TSU fans and instead, are just some low hanging fruit.

PantherRob82
December 23rd, 2017, 06:19 AM

I LOVE black licorice.

Does everyone also hate the black players on their team?xrolleyesxxlolx

Herder
December 23rd, 2017, 07:54 AM
AND?

For “bigger”, are we talking about fans, bands, or actual football? Actual football is DII from a competitive standpoint for overall HBCU football, let’s be honest. The fan bases are strong however.

POD Knows
December 23rd, 2017, 08:13 AM
I LOVE black licorice.

Does everyone also hate the black players on their team?xrolleyesxxlolxI like black coffee and the black Chuckle is the best of the 5 Chuckles. I like Black Sabbath. I have a black Dodge Ram pickup and black is my favorite vehicle color. I plan on ranking NCAT at about 15, which is racist I guess.

SU DOG
December 23rd, 2017, 09:02 AM
Top 5 might be cutting it close, but how can anyone, who saw this team play, not rank them top 10? Yeah, the schedule was not good, BUT, didn't we hear the same thing about the KSU Owls when they entered the Playoff Field? I bragged on the Aggies early in the year, and I still say this is a team with terrific talent. IMO, they were better than many teams in the playoffs. Of course, unfortunately, their ranking can be debated forever with no way to establish closure. My personal opinion is based on the eye-test and trying to compare with what I saw from other squads. xcoffeex Top 10 for sure.

Gil Dobie
December 23rd, 2017, 09:05 AM
Top 5 might be cutting it close, but how can anyone, who saw this team play, not rank them top 10? Yeah, the schedule was not good, BUT, didn't we hear the same thing about the KSU Owls when they entered the Playoff Field? I bragged on the Aggies early in the year, and I still say this is a team with terrific talent. IMO, they were better than many teams in the playoffs. Of course, unfortunately, their ranking can be debated forever with no way to establish closure. My personal opinion is based on the eye-test and trying to compare with what I saw from other squads. xcoffeex Top 10 for sure.

Wish we could have seen them play in the playoffs. Same with the Ivies. IMO, they would have been a top 2 in the OVC, and the Southland. Probably a 2 or 3 loss team in the MVFC or CAA. I'd put them 10-15.

dgtw
December 23rd, 2017, 09:16 AM

They suck every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PantherRob82
December 23rd, 2017, 10:34 AM
Who did you eye test them against? I saw a lot of stupid unforced errors in the CB. They have some good individual talent, but the SWAC and MEAC always have great individual players. They just don’t put together good teams when tested. I’d be shocked if they beat any top 10 teams.

FargoBison
December 23rd, 2017, 10:43 AM
Wouldn't even be top 5 in the MVFC...10-15 is a generous ranking for a team that hasn't beaten any legit team.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
December 23rd, 2017, 10:57 AM
To bad we will never know how good or how bad NC att really was

Big Dawg
December 23rd, 2017, 11:14 AM

It’s part of the reason why I left the board for a good while...even when the MEAC was competing in the playoffs, they didn’t give a damn about us. Now they act like they would if we were in the playoffs

Nothing is stopping the playoff teams from scheduling A&T or Grambling in the regular season...instead of inviting MVSU and Savannah State to their barns...

GAD
December 23rd, 2017, 11:25 AM
Who did you eye test them against? I saw a lot of stupid unforced errors in the CB. They have some good individual talent, but the SWAC and MEAC always have great individual players. They just don’t put together good teams when tested. I’d be shocked if they beat any top 10 teams.
Did you watch the JMU vs SDSU game now that was a horrible game

BisonFan02
December 23rd, 2017, 11:35 AM
It’s part of the reason why I left the board for a good while...even when the MEAC was competing in the playoffs, they didn’t give a damn about us. Now they act like they would if we were in the playoffs

Nothing is stopping the playoff teams from scheduling A&T or Grambling in the regular season...instead of inviting MVSU and Savannah State to their barns...

100 % open invitation to any FCS team that wants a paycheck game in Fargo. We take what we can get.

PantherRob82
December 23rd, 2017, 11:39 AM

The tone is the exact same as when you were in the playoffs. We just eventually found out how good your best team or two was.

PantherRob82
December 23rd, 2017, 11:41 AM
Did you watch the JMU vs SDSU game now that was a horrible game

I didn’t because I don’t have ESPNU. It was a horrible game. It was also one game. SDSU was repeatedly tested. We all have our moments, maybe the CB wasn’t a good game for the Aggies, but other people are saying they are a top team based on that performance.

- - - Updated - - -

100 % open invitation to any FCS team that wants a paycheck game in Fargo. We take what we can get.

NDSU schedules tough teams all the time. My guess is that the top or the SWAC and MEAC want no part of coming to Fargo.

SU DOG
December 23rd, 2017, 11:45 AM

Saw them a couple of games in the early season, and was impressed. But, hey, it's nothing to me either way, and any opinion is completely subjective.

FargoBison
December 23rd, 2017, 11:58 AM

Nothing is stopping the playoff teams from scheduling A&T or Grambling in the regular season...instead of inviting MVSU and Savannah State to their barns...Nothing is stopping MEAC, SWAC and IVY teams from proving they are among the best in the country....they just chose not. This is the road you wanted to take, it was never a path that was going to lead to more respect from anyone here.

kalm
December 23rd, 2017, 01:00 PM

I guarantee you EWU would schedule a H&H with any HBCU and probably a one off game at your place in certain years (2018 being one of them btw). Judging from Bill Chaves' (EWU AD) public comments on our scheduling I'd be shocked if we haven't reached out.

mmiller_34
December 23rd, 2017, 01:45 PM
NC A&T just won a national championship. I say #1.

Big Dawg
December 23rd, 2017, 02:43 PM
Nothing is stopping MEAC, SWAC and IVY teams from proving they are among the best in the country....they just chose not. This is the road you wanted to take, it was never a path that was going to lead to more respect from anyone here.

The MEAC and SWAC didn’t make this decision to earn “more respect” from you

Simply pointing out that you guys are fake giving a damn about any decision that the MEAC makes

Big Dawg
December 23rd, 2017, 02:46 PM

Home and Home or nothing for us...give us about two years to get this new influx of South Florida speed on campus first

TheKingpin28
December 23rd, 2017, 03:43 PM
Home and Home or nothing for us...give us about two years to get this new influx of South Florida speed on campus first

Did you just say "South" and "Speed" in the same sentence? That is laughable, but other than that, if you want to play NDSU, the odds are you will end up doing it on NDSU's terms.

centennial
December 23rd, 2017, 04:02 PM
I didn’t because I don’t have ESPNU. It was a horrible game. It was also one game. SDSU was repeatedly tested. We all have our moments, maybe the CB wasn’t a good game for the Aggies, but other people are saying they are a top team based on that performance.

- - - Updated - - -

NDSU schedules tough teams all the time. My guess is that the top or the SWAC and MEAC want no part of coming to Fargo.

NDSU would run NCAT out of the building. Please schedule NDSU.

Big Dawg
December 23rd, 2017, 04:33 PM
Did you just say "South" and "Speed" in the same sentence? That is laughable, but other than that, if you want to play NDSU, the odds are you will end up doing it on NDSU's terms.

Odds are it won’t happen in that case....the same way we wouldn’t play other non-MEAC/SWAC opponents in one and done games is the same way we will do business with every body

And I said “South FLORIDA”...it’s different from that’s Texas crap...we just haven’t had a coach who can tap into it the way it should’ve been...that will change now

Gil Dobie
December 23rd, 2017, 04:37 PM
Odds are it won’t happen in that case....the same way we wouldn’t play other non-MEAC/SWAC opponents in one and done games is the same way we will do business with every body

And I said “South FLORIDA”...it’s different from that’s Texas crap...we just haven’t had a coach who can tap into it the way it should’ve been...that will change now

NDSU has a some of that south Florida speed already.

TheKingpin28
December 23rd, 2017, 04:38 PM

Keep telling yourself that. It is all the same since football players can be good regardless if they are from Montana, North Dakota, Ohio or the South.

BisonFan02
December 23rd, 2017, 04:44 PM

Haha, get real. NDSU could name their score against any of you guys.

Big Dawg
December 23rd, 2017, 04:47 PM
Keep telling yourself that. It is all the same since football players can be good regardless if they are from Montana, North Dakota, Ohio or the South.

Nah man...come watch high school football down here. It’s different down here...especially Miami and Ft. Lauderdale

Of course other states have solid ball players...but the numbers down here is crazy. We’re simply aiming to keep it in the State.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, get real. NDSU could name their score against any of you guys.

Call us in two years

Milktruck74
December 23rd, 2017, 05:11 PM
I just stated facts....facts are so unfair!!!!!

Let this sink in...NC A&T did not play a team with a winning record (on gameday) until Week 12. When you play nobody but losers, it is easy to look good.

But they did beat an 11-1 Grambling team....that only played 2 teams with winning records. Alcorn State in Week 8 &14 and Southern in week 13.

So, the two teams in the CB had a combined record of 23-2 and played a total of 3 teams with winning records (at the time they played them). SWAC and MEAC are trash football, and it has nothing to do with them being HBCUs. Your bands are great, you have a sprinkling of very talented players, your fan support is unbelievable (and except 4 or 5 FCS programs, everybody else would trade for it), game atmosphere is fun....but theFootball play is TRASH.

I know the truth hurts sometimes, but it doesn't make it untrue.

TheKingpin28
December 23rd, 2017, 05:12 PM
Nah man...come watch high school football down here. It’s different down here...especially Miami and Ft. Lauderdale

Of course other states have solid ball players...but the numbers down here is crazy. We’re simply aiming to keep it in the State.

- - - Updated - - -

Call us in two years

I have seen Eden Prairie play and they are on some next level ****. That said, #SouthernSpeed is a joke and everyone knows it.

wheatstraw78
December 23rd, 2017, 05:17 PM
So since I have a different opinion than you, that automatically means I have a hatred with anything labeled black. Go back to your ****hole that you came from and please never return. I sincerely hope you are not indicative of TSU fans and instead, are just some low hanging fruit.
So, why are you angry?

TheKingpin28
December 23rd, 2017, 05:44 PM
So, why are you angry?

You just assumed that I have a hatred for anything that is labeled black. Why do you think I would be angry? If I said some kind of blanket statement in your direction that was wrong, how would you take it? As I said earlier, you are just some low hanging fruit.

wheatstraw78
December 23rd, 2017, 05:52 PM
You just assumed that I have a hatred for anything that is labeled black. Why do you think I would be angry? If I said some kind of blanket statement in your direction that was wrong, how would you take it? As I said earlier, you are just some low hanging fruit.
No low hanging fruit here. Proud, successful and contributing TSU Alum. I did not mean to offend you. Nothing but respect for your program.

Big Dawg
December 23rd, 2017, 05:57 PM
I have seen Eden Prairie play and they are on some next level ****. That said, #SouthernSpeed is a joke and everyone knows it.

A joke? Lol

TheKingpin28
December 23rd, 2017, 06:02 PM
A joke? Lol

Yes. It is a joke. Every time us northern teams hear all about the whole "you haven't seen this kind of an offense" or "you haven't seen this southern speed yet" we laugh since we have and we know it is a joke.

Big Dawg
December 23rd, 2017, 06:04 PM
Yes. It is a joke. Every time us northern teams here all about "you haven't seen this kind of an offense" or "you haven't seen this southern speed yet" we laugh since we have and we know it is a joke.

But the best and most talented football players come from the South...that’s a fact

It may watered down on the FCS level on down, but in general, speed in the South kills...especially at the huge highest level of college football.

And once we lock down a lot of those kids we let slip away from us...it’s a wrap

Big Dawg
December 23rd, 2017, 06:11 PM
I think we’ve gotten waaaay off topic LOL

TheKingpin28
December 23rd, 2017, 06:20 PM
But the best and most talented football players come from the South...that’s a fact

It may watered down on the FCS level on down, but in general, speed in the South kills...especially at the huge highest level of college football.

And once we lock down a lot of those kids we let slip away from us...it’s a wrap

Remind me again about where these guys are from and went to college:

-Tom Brady
-Adam Vinatieri
-Jim Brown
-Johnny Unitas
-Kellen Winslow
-Dick Butkus
-Lawrence Taylor
-Rod Woodson
-Ronnie Lott
-Jan Stenerud
-Joe Montana

I could keep going but these are just players I listed off the top of my head. I will give you a clue, they are all from the North or West. You can keep saying what you want, but you are wrong.

BisonFan02
December 23rd, 2017, 06:54 PM

Ask SHSU how "7 on 7" football works out for them. Speed.....All Hat, No Cattle. *trademark of Tatanka

TennBison
December 23rd, 2017, 07:22 PM
Yes. It is a joke. Every time us northern teams hear all about the whole "you haven't seen this kind of an offense" or "you haven't seen this southern speed yet" we laugh since we have and we know it is a joke.
It's very hard to run fast when you are laying flat on your back.

BisonFan02
December 23rd, 2017, 07:30 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Call us in two years

Still looking for a game in 2020.

http://www.gobison.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=230&path=football

9/5/20 - @ Oregon
9/12/20 - Drake

Need one more OOC home game (on top of the 8 game conf schedule).

Phone lines are open......

On second thought....we may have to call you. You guys quit updating results this year...let alone have future schedules.

http://www.famuathletics.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPID=80904&SPSID=606547&DB_OEM_ID=25300

Big Dawg
December 23rd, 2017, 09:04 PM

9/5/20 - @ Oregon
9/12/20 - Drake

On second thought....we may have to call you. You guys quit updating results this year...let alone have future schedules.

http://www.famuathletics.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPID=80904&SPSID=606547&DB_OEM_ID=25300

We would love to have you visit beautiful Tallahassee

TheKingpin28
December 23rd, 2017, 09:14 PM

On an off year, sure, but not during a season where there is a FBS game. We will not settle for less than 6 homes games any season.

katss07
December 23rd, 2017, 09:58 PM
NCA&T would lose in the second round of the playoffs.

BisonFan02
December 23rd, 2017, 10:14 PM

Well, you can't afford us for a guarantee game....and home/home arrangements will be around years without FBS road games and will be marquee opponents....which you are not. NDSU makes a healthy amount of revenue on home games and 6 games is the min. G5 guarantee road games don't come up, and the $ amount wouldn't rival home game revenue. One could argue a road game in Florida for recruits, but that isn't usually how NDSU rolls.

cx500d
December 23rd, 2017, 10:33 PM

9/5/20 - @ Oregon
9/12/20 - Drake

To be fair, they did have their 2015 media guide on that page....

Big Dawg
December 23rd, 2017, 10:39 PM
Well, you can't afford us for a guarantee game....and home/home arrangements will be around years without FBS road games and will be marquee opponents....which you are not. NDSU makes a healthy amount of revenue on home games and 6 games is the min. G5 guarantee road games don't come up, and the $ amount wouldn't rival home game revenue. One could argue a road game in Florida for recruits, but that isn't usually how NDSU rolls.

We aren’t taking a money game from aN FCS team...unless it’s neutral site in say...Minneapolis lol

BisonFan02
December 23rd, 2017, 10:39 PM
To be fair, they did have their 2015 media guide on that page....

They had a media guide?

BisonFan02
December 23rd, 2017, 10:41 PM
We aren’t taking a money game from aN FCS team...unless it’s neutral site in say...Minneapolis lol

OOC fodder is OOC fodder.....we will buy it and fly/bus them into Fargo. The going rate for SWAC and MEAC opponents for NDSU has been north of 250k. I'm not sure what they are paying for next year's opponents.

cx500d
December 23rd, 2017, 10:44 PM
They had a media guide?
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26838&stc=1

BisonFan02
December 23rd, 2017, 10:46 PM
http://www.wday.com/sports/football/4337387-bison-complete-2018-football-schedule-addition-cal-poly

250k for Big Sky Cal Poly next year.......

BisonFan02
December 23rd, 2017, 10:49 PM
http://www.inforum.com/sports/4275291-bison-football-game-part-north-alabamas-indoctrination-fcs

240k to UC Davis and 230k each to North Alabama and Drake.

Big Dawg
December 23rd, 2017, 10:55 PM
OOC fodder is OOC fodder.....we will buy it and fly/bus them into Fargo. The going rate for SWAC and MEAC opponents for NDSU has been north of 250k. I'm not sure what they are paying for next year's opponents.

I can’t speak for other MEAC/SWAC schools, but FAMU isn’t going for that and our alumni would not allow it...especially when we can get paid more else where and we know that we can easily make that money at home(still near the top in FCS attendance).

BisonFan02
December 23rd, 2017, 10:59 PM
I can’t speak for other MEAC/SWAC schools, but FAMU isn’t going for that and our alumni would not allow it...especially when we can get paid more else where and we know that we can easily make that money at home(still near the top in FCS attendance).

Honestly, if I were you guys....assuming you had 3 OOC games, I would take 2 FBS bodybag games for as close to 1M as you can get and then play some D2 or whatever pasty to come play at home. The conf schedule is all that matters for your postseason anyway.

cx500d
December 23rd, 2017, 10:59 PM

You must be proud that you can pick and choose which team is going to give you an ass whoopin'

Schism55
December 23rd, 2017, 11:07 PM
Lol... I would call Tallahassee a lot of things, beautiful is not one of them xeyebrowx

Big Dawg
December 23rd, 2017, 11:13 PM
You must be proud that you can pick and choose which team is going to give you an ass whoopin'

Two years...give us a call. We’ll hand you your “L” and let you cook lol

- - - Updated - - -

Lol... I would call Tallahassee a lot of things, beautiful is not one of them xeyebrowx

I mean it might not be the barren ice berg known as Fargo...but it’s nice for us

paward
December 23rd, 2017, 11:57 PM
I only wanted to discuss NC AT&T. I did not want to discuss schedules, MEAC, SWAC, black, white, green or yellow. They have been high in my poll most of the year. They are 12-0. Just wanted honest dialogue on where you would put them. Unreal how some people are always looking to divide and concur a simple thread......well maybe not.

Milktruck74
December 24th, 2017, 08:20 AM
I only wanted to discuss NC AT&T. I did not want to discuss schedules, MEAC, SWAC, black, white, green or yellow. They have been high in my poll most of the year. They are 12-0. Just wanted honest dialogue on where you would put them. Unreal how some people are always looking to divide and concur a simple thread......well maybe not.

And here is my argument against them being ranked at all. You said you watched them play early in the season....but against who????

NC A&T did not play a team with a winning record (on gameday) until Week 12. When you play nobody but losers, it is easy to look good.

But they did beat an 11-1 Grambling team....that only played 2 teams with winning records.

Even UTC looked like a top 5 team when they played VMI.....Remember VMI lost to a D2 school, and so did some of A&Ts opponents.

TennBison
December 24th, 2017, 09:34 AM
The team does not put anything on the line (no playoff appearance) and wants all the respect of a undefeated team. They get nothing from me, no ranking either IMO.

DEX
December 24th, 2017, 09:40 AM
And here is my argument against them being ranked at all. You said you watched them play early in the season....but against who????

NC A&T did not play a team with a winning record (on gameday) until Week 12. When you play nobody but losers, it is easy to look good.

But they did beat an 11-1 Grambling team....that only played 2 teams with winning records.

Even UTC looked like a top 5 team when they played VMI.....Remember VMI lost to a D2 school, and so did some of A&Ts opponents.

Having a weak SOS will probably always be the case for the MEAC champion......at least until we restructure. Not a lot we can do about our opponents records either. Gardner Webb was a preseason #3 BSC pick with the reigning POY for their conference. Lol, we were actually a 5 pt underdog in this game. Charlotte is an FBS program who paid us $300k so we'll never apologize for taking this game. I am hoping we'll start dropping the annual D2 game and pick up another regional fcs opponent because I do feel like we can hold our own against most of the top 25.
In recent years we beat a ranked App State 24-21(with only 30 scholarship players); lost to #5 ranked Coastal Carolina 30-31 in 2014; beat FBS Kent State (who had never lost to an fcs team); beat Elon 2013 and 2014. Regardless of what we do our accomplishments will be downplayed in this forum. As far as I'm concerned our place in the fcs rankings is irrelevant.

TennBison
December 24th, 2017, 09:45 AM
Having a weak SOS will probably always be the case for the MEAC champion......at least until we restructure. Not a lot we can do about our opponents records either. Gardner Webb was a preseason #3 BSC pick with the reigning POY for their conference. Lol, we were actually a 5 pt underdog in this game. Charlotte is an FBS program who paid us $300k so we'll never apologize for taking this game. I am hoping we'll start dropping the annual D2 game and pick up another regional fcs opponent because I do feel like we can hold our own against most of the top 25.
In recent years we beat a ranked App State 24-21(with only 30 scholarship players); lost to #5 ranked Coastal Carolina 30-31 in 2014; beat FBS Kent State (who had never lost to an fcs team); beat Elon 2013 and 2014. Regardless of what we do our accomplishments will be downplayed in this forum. As far as I'm concerned our place in the fcs rankings is irrelevant.
Play in the playoffs and prove yourself, then you can become relevant. Until then your team/school gets to eat bird food that fell to the ground, no room at the table for a team that wants to be handed a high ranking without doing anything to actually earn it.

Hammerhead
December 24th, 2017, 09:54 AM
Sagarin has NC A&T as the #27 team in the FCS. No way they would be a top 5 or top 10 team. https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2017/team/

Gil Dobie
December 24th, 2017, 09:55 AM
There was a lot of talk about NDSU and where they belong in the poll in 2006 and 2007 when they finished 10-1 each year. Bison were ineligible for the playoffs those years. In 2006 the Bison beat Ball St and Georgia Southern, lost to Minnesota on a blocked FG at the end of the game. 2007 they beat Central Michigan and Minnesota, losing to the Jacks.

dewey
December 24th, 2017, 09:55 AM
What I have the hardest time is last years whooping that Richmond gave to North Carolina A & T.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400926623

I know it is a year different but a fringe top 10 injury riddled team last year destroyed the Aggies last year.

I think they are top 20 maybe top 15 but I have a hard time when they don't play anyone good justifying placing them higher.

Dewey

TennBison
December 24th, 2017, 10:36 AM
There was a lot of talk about NDSU and where they belong in the poll in 2006 and 2007 when they finished 10-1 each year. Bison were ineligible for the playoffs those years. In 2006 the Bison beat Ball St and Georgia Southern, lost to Minnesota on a blocked FG at the end of the game. 2007 they beat Central Michigan and Minnesota, losing to the Jacks.
Where exactly to put them for sure was an issue. Top 10 for sure back then. The problem didn't come from the Bison back then not wanting to be in the playoffs, it was the fact that they were not allowed. NC A&T decided not to do the playoffs, therefore, no love.

Gil Dobie
December 24th, 2017, 10:48 AM
Where exactly to put them for sure was an issue. Top 10 for sure back then. The problem didn't come from the Bison back then not wanting to be in the playoffs, it was the fact that they were not allowed. NC A&T decided not to do the playoffs, therefore, no love.

Isn't it a MEAC requirement for the conference champion to participate in the CB, while a runner-up could participate in the playoffs if selected? Previously have been given a multiple births in the playoffs. Just nobody worthy this year, of a playoff bid. If a second place MEAC school makes noise in the playoffs, then maybe an undefeated A&T gets some top 10 votes. Looked like a down year for the conference, therefore 10-15 range.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 24th, 2017, 10:51 AM
Isn't it a MEAC requirement for the conference champion to participate in the CB, while a runner-up could participate in the playoffs if selected? Previously have been given a multiple births in the playoffs. Just nobody worthy this year, of a playoff bid. If a second place MEAC school makes noise in the playoffs, then maybe an undefeated A&T gets some top 10 votes. Looked like a down year for the conference, therefore 10-15 range.

If that.

Watching a replay of the CB, I think A & T could be top 20 but the top 15 of the FCS right now would boat race them.

Gil Dobie
December 24th, 2017, 11:05 AM
Below is the Week 12 AGS poll. From what I've seen in the playoffs and the CB, some of the teams above them would have a tough time beating them, and some of the teams below them would be favored. Tough call, unless they play head to head. I'll probably put them in the 10-15 range.

If that.

Watching a replay of the CB, I think A & T could be top 20 but the top 15 of the FCS right now would boat race them.

This won't be fancy. Just the facts today.

Rank
Team:

James Madison Dukes

North Dakota State Bison

Central Arkansas Bears

Jacksonville State Gamecocks

South Dakota State Jackrabbits

Sam Houston State Bearkats

Southern Utah Thunderbirds

Wofford Terriers

Stony Brook Seawolves

Weber State Wildcats

Western Illinois Leathernecks

North Carolina A&T Aggies

Samford Bulldogs

Northern Iowa Panthers

Elon Phoenix

South Dakota Coyotes

Kennesaw State Owls

Furman Paladins

McNeese State Cowboys

Eastern Washington Eagles

Northern Arizona Lumberjacks

Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens

New Hampshire Wildcats

Monmouth Hawks

Yale Bulldogs

Grambling State Tigers

Sacramento State Hornets

Austin Peay Governors

Montana Grizzlies

Illinois State Redbirds

Nicholls State Colonels

Richmond Spiders

Western Carolina Catamounts

Colgate Raiders

Central Connecticut State Blue Devils

36T
Youngstown State Penguins

36T
San Diego Toreros

Columbia Lions

caribbeanhen
December 24th, 2017, 11:09 AM

If it takes them two years to get there are they really that fast ?

DEX
December 24th, 2017, 11:31 AM

Your last sentence is incorrect. NC A&T and NCCU voted for the MEAC to keep the AQ and continue in the playoffs, however the remaining conference schools voted in favor of a bowl game, therefore the MEAC champion is obligated to participate in the Celebration Bowl. The choice was not ours.

cx500d
December 24th, 2017, 11:35 AM
Your last sentence is incorrect. NC A&T and NCCU voted for the MEAC to keep the AQ and continue in the playoffs, however the remaining conference schools voted in favor of a bowl game, therefore the MEAC champion is obligated to participate in the Celebration Bowl. The choice was not ours.

You could have done a Hampton....But you didn't.

TennBison
December 24th, 2017, 12:43 PM
That is the problem right there, NC A&T allowed other schools to decide their fate and path. They should have chosen to do what is best for themselves.

DEX
December 24th, 2017, 02:36 PM
That is the problem right there, NC A&T allowed other schools to decide their fate and path. They should have chosen to do what is best for themselves.

Ultimately we did do what was in our best interest and that was to collect a combined 1.5 m along with two national tv appearances.

Ratings should be moot as far as we're concerned which is why I don't understand why our ranking upsets so many on both sides.

kalm
December 24th, 2017, 04:03 PM
Ultimately we did do what was in our best interest and that was to collect a combined 1.5 m along with two national tv appearances.

Ratings should be moot as far as we're concerned which is why I don't understand why our ranking upsets so many on both sides.

If you mean rankings instead of ratings I totally agree and don't blame the decision. Your conference chose financial self interest which is fine but in so doing, you also chose to not deserve any ranking due to conference affiliation. It's as simple as that.

Bison56
December 24th, 2017, 06:00 PM
Not in the top 25.

WestCoastAggie
December 25th, 2017, 05:36 AM
What I have the hardest time is last years whooping that Richmond gave to North Carolina A & T.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400926623

I know it is a year different but a fringe top 10 injury riddled team last year destroyed the Aggies last year.

I think they are top 20 maybe top 15 but I have a hard time when they don't play anyone good justifying placing them higher.

Dewey

ONCE AGAIN, we were injury riddled in 2016 too! Lamar Raynard was hurt along with key players on our defense.

We were also on or 3rd QB who couldn’t run the same plays Lamar could.

Richmond activated a Running QB because they knew we weren’t equipped to stop a run first QB with the injuries we had in or secondary.

Either team that would’ve won that game would’ve been cannon fodder for North Dakota that season.

If we weren’t injured, we would’ve been playing in the Celebration Bowl.

TennBison
December 25th, 2017, 06:44 AM
ONCE AGAIN, we were injury riddled in 2016 too! Lamar Raynard was hurt along with key players on our defense.

Richmond activated a Running QB because they knew we weren’t equipped to stop a run first QB with the injuries we had in or secondary.

Either team that would’ve won that game would’ve been cannon fodder for North Dakota that season.

You think that your team is top 5 material, and quite a few here don't think NC A&T should even be mentioned in the top 30. You should just be happy your team even made the polls. You played no one per say who is in the playoffs because your team decided to hide out in a conference that feels some little bowl game against teams with no OOC strength is better than a playoff to decide a national champion.

TheKingpin28
December 25th, 2017, 09:58 AM

You do know Richmond beat GFCC, right? Stop trying to make excuses. Good teams win their games they need to, not complain.

DEX
December 25th, 2017, 11:17 AM
If you mean rankings instead of ratings I totally agree and don't blame the decision. Your conference chose financial self interest which is fine but in so doing, you also chose to not deserve any ranking due to conference affiliation. It's as simple as that.

We're part of a conference that chose finances over playoffs and we'll finish with a national ranking (whether some feel it's deserved or not) so we're good. Not that it really matters but I'd rank us between 15-20. Merry Xmas.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 25th, 2017, 11:21 AM
We're part of a conference that chose finances over playoffs and we'll finish with a national ranking (whether some feel it's deserved or not) so we're good. Not that it really matters but I'd rank us between 15-20. Merry Xmas.

probably about right. That A&T OT looked pretty good. Looked like the real deal.

PantherRob82
December 25th, 2017, 12:45 PM
I’m voting them #1 in the AGS Black Football Poll.

Big Dawg
December 25th, 2017, 08:53 PM

Man stop explaining yourself...it’s no use

TheKingpin28
December 25th, 2017, 09:13 PM
You do know Richmond beat GFCC, right? Stop trying to make excuses. Good teams win their games they need to, not complain.

Man stop explaining yourself...it’s no use

dewey
December 25th, 2017, 09:33 PM
I will probably vote them about 15 or so.

Dewey

Herder
December 26th, 2017, 04:44 AM
A&T chooses not to compete for a national title, but instead play in an exhibition game where your band is more important than your football team. That has to really suck for any true A&T fan.

if you actually care about football, oh the shame.

Redbird 4th & short
December 26th, 2017, 07:54 AM
there is maybe a weak argument for 15-20, but they played the 103rd ranked SOS per Massey. And here are results from their 4 toughest games:

- Beat 7-4 BethCook at home by just 4 .. BethCook ranks #48 per Massey Composite.
- Beat 11-2 Grambling (neutral site) by 7 .. Grambling ranks #34 per Massey Composite
- Beat FBS Charlotte on road by 4 .. Charlotte would rank #59 in FCS according to Massey
- Beat NC Central at home by 14 .. NC Central ranks #58 per Massey Composite

Then add 3 very weak wins:
- Beat 3-8 Savannah St at home by 19 .. ranks #100 Massey Composite
- Beat 3-8 Florida A&M on road by 11 .. ranks #97 per Massey Composite
- Beat 3-7 SC State on road by 14 .. ranks #98 per Massey Composite

Top 20 teams should beat teams like above by 30 to 40.

Then add blowouts against 4 teams with Massey Composites between #92 and #117 by average of 35 points. Then a 3-7 D-II by 56 ... a bad D-II team.

So they played 8 teams ranked 92nd and below, barely beat 3 teams ranked 48 to 59, then the best team they played was massey composite #34 and they only won by 4.

Sorry, but this is not a top 20 resume. I would put them around 25th to 30th for winning all the games they should have won .... worse for barely beating a handful of average teams.

Professor
December 26th, 2017, 08:42 AM

Post of the year

Professor
December 26th, 2017, 08:47 AM
A&T chooses not to compete for a national title, but instead play in an exhibition game where your band is more important than your football team. That has to really suck for any true A&T fan.

if you actually care about football, oh the shame.

Bwhahaha we followed our conference and i for one am glad we did. 1.5 mil over the last 2 celebration bowls, noon kickoff on ABC ... i will take it

Us in Greensboro really don't care about validation by a poll. We play who's on the schedule. We went undefeated. A feat few have accomplished this season. No poll placement can change that. So we are good

KPSUL
December 26th, 2017, 08:53 AM

Now just wait a minute, you can't claim the title of most downplayed accomplishments on this forum - that right belongs to New Hampshire fans!

wapiti
December 26th, 2017, 09:07 AM
there is maybe a weak argument for 15-20, but they played the 103rd ranked SOS per Massey. And here are results from their 4 toughest games:

- Beat 7-4 BethCook at home by just 4 .. BethCook ranks #48 per Massey Composite.
- Beat 11-2 Grambling (neutral site) by 7 .. Grambling ranks #34 per Massey Composite
- Beat FBS Charlotte on road by 4 .. Charlotte would rank #59 in FCS according to Massey

Then add blowouts against 4 teams with Massey Composites between #92 and #117 by average of 35 points. Then a 3-7 D-II by 56 ... a bad D-II team.

So they played 8 teams ranked 92nd and below, barely beat 3 teams ranked 48 to 59, then the best team they played was massey composite #34 and they only won by 4.

Sorry, but this is not a top 20 resume. I would put them around 25th to 30th for winning all the games they should have won .... worse for barely beating a handful of average teams.

THIS!!!!

They are in the range of 25 to 35.

WestCoastAggie
December 26th, 2017, 10:09 AM

Thank you for your incredible insight and valuable opinion.

kalm
December 26th, 2017, 11:12 AM

For comparison, EWU played 7 teams ranked higher in Massey than Grambling and UNI played 8.

Professor
December 26th, 2017, 11:52 AM
Lol and you went 7-4. Maybe you should schedule better lol. UNI too, they were 8-5

kalm
December 26th, 2017, 12:11 PM
Lol and you went 7-4. Maybe you should schedule better lol. UNI too, they were 8-5

Hoping not serious...

TheKingpin28
December 26th, 2017, 12:14 PM
Hoping not serious...

The sad thing is, most of the MEAC and SWAC posters on here are serious about it.

Twentysix
December 26th, 2017, 01:00 PM
Just let them celebrate what they want. No real reason to even respond.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

WestCoastAggie
December 26th, 2017, 02:10 PM
For comparison, EWU played 7 teams ranked higher in Massey than Grambling and UNI played 8.

Your opinion is quite informative at this juncture.

Professor
December 26th, 2017, 02:14 PM
What you guys fail to understand, what is the FCS playoffs doing for your school? How is your school benefiting by participating?

We have banked 1.5 million in our 2 Celebration Bowl appearances.

Applications are up. Enrollment is up. Donations are up.

So this is why it's laughable when your talking about a poll which frankly we don't care about.

And what's funny the MVFC was the main ones behind rebranding the title game as the FCS bowl. You guys just don't get it

http://www.espn.com/espn/wire/_/section/ncf/id/14765652

Redbird 4th & short
December 26th, 2017, 03:17 PM

To clarify, I was using Massey Composite - there is no more comprehensive/objective source than the Massey Composite of 37 polls/systems.

if I had used straight Massey, it would look even worse than above for NC A&T

Redbird 4th & short
December 26th, 2017, 03:23 PM
What you guys fail to understand, what is the FCS playoffs doing for your school? How is your school benefiting by participating?

So this is why it's laughable when your talking about a poll which frankly we don't care about.

And what's funny the MVFC was the main ones behind rebranding the title game as the FCS bowl. You guys just don't get it

please re-read thread title .. we're not failing to understand anything.

And I prefer playing tougher football schedules like in the MVFC. And I love our playoff format as is. FBS football and Celebration Bowl are only sports to do a "bowl playoff". Every other sport does a tournament playoff system.

Glad you like your conference and playoff, and it is going well for you .. but idea of going 12-0 against the 103rd ranked SOS doesn't do it for me.

Again .. re-read thread title.

Professor
December 26th, 2017, 03:37 PM
I did and to answer my very 1st post... We won't go any lower than 7

kalm
December 26th, 2017, 04:13 PM
Your opinion is quite informative at this juncture.

Not opinion. Just Massey ratings.

My opinion is we don't know because of the SOS. That's an important data point. There are others...eyeball test, margin of victory, playoff history, etc.

If the MEAC wasn't losing by 4 scores in nearly every recent playoff game and/or their SOS improved, I'd take more notice.

FWIW, I feel similar about high seeds to the OVC and SLC.

kalm
December 26th, 2017, 04:14 PM
To clarify, I was using Massey Composite - there is no more comprehensive/objective source than the Massey Composite of 37 polls/systems.

if I had used straight Massey, it would look even worse than above for NC A&T

I took your advice and looked up the composite. The only added numbers are the FBS games...

kalm
December 26th, 2017, 04:16 PM

We can check all of those boxes too. This isn't about questioning the decision to not compete in the playoffs. I understand.

NDSUtk
December 26th, 2017, 08:19 PM
I did and to answer my very 1st post... We won't go any lower than 7In which poll?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Redbird 4th & short
December 26th, 2017, 10:44 PM
Race has zero to do with it for me. i went hard after UNH this year, then UND and Weber St last year.

I've also ripped FCS Coaches Poll for regional/conference bias and alliances .. more generally, the flawed "democracy" voting approach which results in some weak teams getting top 10-20 votes from conferences like OVC, Patriot, NEC, Big South, etc. So it is not just HBCUs

Just hard to understand after NC A&T got spanked by Richmond last year in playoff, that they climbed charts into top 10 this year in coaches poll. They are playing a ver weak schedule and barely beating average and some below average teams. It is pretty straightforward.

Professor
December 27th, 2017, 08:14 AM
Race has zero to do with it for me. i went hard after UNH this year, then UND and Weber St last year.

I've also ripped FCS Coaches Poll for regional/conference bias and alliances .. more generally, the flawed "democracy" voting approach which results in some weak teams getting top 10-20 votes from conferences like OVC, Patriot, NEC, Big South, etc. So it is not just HBCUs

Just hard to understand after NC A&T got spanked by Richmond last year in playoff, that they climbed charts into top 10 this year in coaches poll. They are playing a ver weak schedule and barely beating average and some below average teams. It is pretty straightforward.

We finished the season last year ranked number 20. We went undefeated. Were we supposed to drop lol

Professor
December 27th, 2017, 08:16 AM
In which poll?

Stats had us at 9 at end of season, one on ESPN had us at 7.

We aren't going to drop. We haven't lost

Hammerhead
December 27th, 2017, 08:26 AM
If Northern Illinois finished their season undefeated, would you put them in the FBS playoff over a one-loss Alabama or Clemson?

Professor
December 27th, 2017, 08:41 AM
If Northern Illinois finished their season undefeated, would you put them in the FBS playoff over a one-loss Alabama or Clemson?

That has nothing to do with this situation lol. If we weren't in the Bowl game , you realize we would have been in playoffs and probably had a home game right

We are talking about a team maintaining the position they had. We were already 7th. So your logic is dropping us because of strength of schedule. Why have us at 7 in the 1st place. Man I've never seen people so upset over a poll in my life lol

kalm
December 27th, 2017, 10:00 AM
That has nothing to do with this situation lol. If we weren't in the Bowl game , you realize we would have been in playoffs and probably had a home game right

We are talking about a team maintaining the position they had. We were already 7th. So your logic is dropping us because of strength of schedule. Why have us at 7 in the 1st place. Man I've never seen people so upset over a poll in my life lol

Slot voting.

Professor
December 27th, 2017, 10:13 AM
Slot voting.

If you win , you don't have to worry about things like that.

kalm
December 27th, 2017, 10:38 AM
If you win , you don't have to worry about things like that.

If quality wins and SOS don't matter and W-L is your only data point. Which means you probably shouldn't vote.

Professor
December 27th, 2017, 11:01 AM
If quality wins and SOS don't matter and W-L is your only data point. Which means you probably shouldn't vote.

All subjective, when you line up and play and win.... All that goes out the window. Again you don't have to worry about those things when your winning

kalm
December 27th, 2017, 12:20 PM
All subjective, when you line up and play and win.... All that goes out the window. Again you don't have to worry about those things when your winning

And don't have to compete against playoff caliber teams to justify your ranking.

Scooter
December 27th, 2017, 12:21 PM

I dont think anyone will be confusing your team with JMU or NDSU anytime soon if ever. I think the only way to really know where NC AT&T would be ranked is to get a bowl game with NC A&T.
The truth is the bowl game is good for them financially. Polls are just opinion anyway. If I had to rank them...12-15. No one outside of 16 was really that great either.

smallcollegefbfan
December 27th, 2017, 12:24 PM

Just because a poll ranked them there does not mean they are. Grambling was never a top 12 team in my mind. I had them #19 going into your game and I had you guys #15. I moved you up to #14 and will leave Grambling at #19 or drop to #20 in my final poll. No way I can put you guys in the top 5-10 personally since you did not play anyone ranked other than Grambling but I wish you had because I think you guys are good. NCAT should have gone to the playoffs because if there is a year where I expect the MEAC to win more than one game this is that year. I wish you guys had a preseason top 25 CAA or SoCon team on your 2018 schedule because without playing ranked teams from playoff leagues I can't vote you in my top 10 unless you are beating everyone in the MEAC by about 28 points or more.

smallcollegefbfan
December 27th, 2017, 12:26 PM

NCAT has definitely done all they can do. They went undefeated. I tip my hat to that but there is no way you guys are close to JMU, NDSU, or even SDSU and SHSU in my mind. I would have you guys 4th in the MVFC. After seeing Kennesaw State I don't think you guys would beat them but I think it would be a close game.

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2017, 01:44 PM

I just give up trying to argue logic with these groups of people.

kalm
December 27th, 2017, 02:16 PM
I just give up trying to argue logic with these groups of people.

They're defending their conference, I get that. I think it would be great for FCS if the MEAC became more competitive. Same with the SLC and the OVC. It's just not a reality right now. And to imply racism as the factor in these observations is ugly.

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2017, 02:20 PM
They're defending their conference, I get that. I think it would be great for FCS if the MEAC became more competitive. Same with the SLC and the OVC. It's just not a reality right now. And to imply racism as the factor in these observations is ugly.

I want the whole of the FCS to be better, but let's be honest, when certain leagues only schedule themselves and schools only in their region, it is hard to judge these conferences. I get defending their conferences, but any time someone asserts that there is racism in these posts, it is just hysterical and are continuous reasons why people will hate on the MEAC/SWAC which continue to perpetuates the cycle.

BisonFan02
December 27th, 2017, 02:20 PM

#aceinthehole Get it?......cards. xlolx

Professor
December 27th, 2017, 02:42 PM
I want the whole of the FCS to be better, but let's be honest, when certain leagues only schedule themselves and schools only in their region, it is hard to judge these conferences. I get defending their conferences, but any time someone asserts that there is racism in these posts, it is just hysterical and are continuous reasons why people will hate on the MEAC/SWAC which continue to perpetuates the cycle.

The MEAC schedules plenty of Out of conference FCS matchups. Now they might not win, but they are scheduled

Delware
Towson
Gardner Webb 2x
Albany
Charleston Southern 2x
William & Mary
Mommoth
Richmond
James Madison
Tennessee State

Were all played by MEAC schools. If your school is interested in playing a MEAC school , pick up the phone. Our fan base isn't in the midwest.

Bottom line is , you want us ( MEAC schools ) to care about the playoffs and ranking system. We don't. We have been dealt a band hand enough times to know it is what it is in FCS. Just the level we are on, we deal with it. We play schools OOC. I don't honestly know what it is you want from us.

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2017, 02:48 PM
The MEAC schedules plenty of Out of conference FCS matchups. Now they might not win, but they are scheduled

Delware
Towson
Gardner Webb 2x
Albany
Charleston Southern 2x
William & Mary
Mommoth
Richmond
James Madison
Tennessee State

Were all played by MEAC schools. If your school is interested in playing a MEAC school , pick up the phone.

How many of these are West of the Mississippi though? All of these schools outside of Albany are in the footprint. That is the point I made and you skipped over it.

I want the whole of the FCS to be better, but let's be honest, when certain leagues only schedule themselves and schools only in their region, it is hard to judge these conferences.

The thing is, the 701 area code is practically blocked from some of the schools. Most FBS schools and FCS schools that are not money games, will ignore us. The thing is, in order for a school to see NDSU, is that they need to be willing to do a 1 and done before a H and H is scheduled. Most people refused to take CSU seriously and well, CSU earned the respect and if a H and H was ever offered, NDSU would probably accept it. I love when solid match-ups occur, but let's be honest a H and H was ever offered by any non consistent T25 (or storied) school for NDSU, they would probably reject it and then say do a 1 and done and we shall see about later. Sure there are always exceptions, but that is how it is now a days.

The reason why JMU never came to fruition, is they wanted US to go there first, and that is a NGTH. Come play in Fargo, and there is a chance we will come back and go where you are.

ASU33
December 27th, 2017, 02:51 PM

Interesting seeing that we scheduled Kennesaw State and have then for a four game series. Alcorn State has a home and home with McNeese, Grambling has a home and home with Northwestern State, Prairie View played Sam Houston, Incarnate Word, and Nichols this year, Texas Southern played Houston Baptist and Kennesaw State, Mississippi Valley was the whipping boy for 3 Missouri Valley teams. Alabama A&M has home and homes scheduled with North Alabama and East Tennessee State, Jackson State has North Alabama on the schedule in 2019, and so on. This idea that SWAC and MEAC schools only play other SWAC and MEAC schools is silly.

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2017, 02:58 PM
Interesting seeing that we scheduled Kennesaw State and have then for a four game series. Alcorn State has a home and home with McNeese, Grambling has a home and home with Northwestern State, Prairie View played Sam Houston, Incarnate Word, and Nichols this year, Texas Southern played Houston Baptist and Kennesaw State, Mississippi Valley was the whipping boy for 3 Missouri Valley teams. Alabama A&M has home and homes scheduled with North Alabama and East Tennessee State, Jackson State has North Alabama on the schedule in 2019, and so on. This idea that SWAC and MEAC schools only play other SWAC and MEAC schools is silly.

You HBCU types like to pick and choose what I say while ignoring what I actually said.

I want the whole of the FCS to be better, but let's be honest, when certain leagues only schedule themselves and schools only in their region, it is hard to judge these conferences.

ASU33
December 27th, 2017, 03:00 PM
You HBCU types like to pick and choose what I say while ignoring what I actually said.

Realistically how many FCS schools are scheduling other FCS schools outside of their region. Honestly not many! College football is a regional sport and when you get to the FCS level it's VERY regional. Why ONLY point out the HBCUs when that's the case across the board?

Twentysix
December 27th, 2017, 03:21 PM
That's a great question. Hopefully the schools at the top are, because being nationally strong is what makes them at the top to begin with.

Plus, it's exciting to play teams from far away.

Imo, one of the biggest flaws in the playoff model is not utilizing rare matchups as a secondary sorting criteria instead of regionality.

RootinFerDukes
December 27th, 2017, 03:25 PM
We don't , no one from A&T started this thread. Got our trophy , Got our check and now we are recruiting

#keepthestreak

#13 is Sept 1st vs ECU

Can you all please lose to ECU so that they don’t try to poach mike Houston sooner?
With that being said, if ECU doesn’t make significant off season improvements, A&T just might knock them off.

Professor
December 27th, 2017, 03:35 PM
Realistically how many FCS schools are scheduling other FCS schools outside of their region. Honestly not many! College football is a regional sport and when you get to the FCS level it's VERY regional. Why ONLY point out the HBCUs when that's the case across the board?

Exactly makes no sense too.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you all please lose to ECU so that they don’t try to poach mike Houston sooner?
With that being said, if ECU doesn’t make significant off season improvements, A&T just might knock them off.

Bwhahaha, ECU should have never fired Ruffin. But we might not play, ECU is talking about buying out the contract. Which would be great for us but we rather have their heads

Panther88
December 27th, 2017, 03:47 PM

And makes even less cents. xsmhx

Professor
December 27th, 2017, 03:52 PM
And makes even less cents. xsmhx

Why not? Your discussion is that Meac and SWAC teams don't leave their region, Who does..... For example , i looked at NDSU football schedules since 04, they have left the midwest once , and that was to play Eastern Washington. So why don't you think other schools will do the same seeing that FCS is more of a regional based thing anyway

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2017, 03:57 PM

I also included the IVY's but again, ignore what I posted. Big South plays elsewhere, CAA plays elsewhere, Big Sky plays elsewhere, MVFC plays elsewhere, NEC plays elsewhere,

Pioneer: Well there is a reason why they are non-scholly
IVYs: Generally to smug to play elsewhere, but have no problem partaking in March Madness
SoCon: Love them some SEC and Slum Belt football
Southland: Ever since that 9 game schedule, they shot themselves in the foot
MEAC/SWAC: Almost all of them have a "rivalry protected game" and so they only have 2 left and then take into consideration they need money to fund their programs, that leaves them 1 if not no games left.

It's fine that you want to see what you want but denying the truth is not good for you or anyone else.

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2017, 04:03 PM
Why not? Your discussion is that Meac and SWAC teams don't leave their region, Who does..... For example , i looked at NDSU football schedules since 04, they have left the midwest once , and that was to play Eastern Washington. So why don't you think other schools will do the same seeing that FCS is more of a regional based thing anyway

2017: EWU
2015: Montana
2014: Weber St
2013: Kansas St
2012: Colorado St
2010: Kansas
2009: SHSU
2008: Wyoming
2007: Central Michigan
2006: Ball St
2005: Northwestern St AND Montana St
2004: Nicholls St AND Weber St

Yeah cause NDSU does not leave the Midwest? GTFO out of here with that bull****. At least 12 times they traveled outside of the Midwest depending on what you define as it.

Professor
December 27th, 2017, 04:11 PM

Yeah cause NDSU does not leave the Midwest? GTFO out of here with that bull****. At least 12 times they traveled outside of the Midwest depending on what you define as it.

I give you credit for going to Texas , the rest are in the Midwest. Utah, Kansas , Colorado, montana , all border states to ND. And you play conference games in Ohio and Ill so you going there isn't a surprise.

CommishBigSmooth
December 27th, 2017, 04:15 PM
I give you credit for going to Texas , the rest are in the Midwest. Utah, Kansas , Colorado, montana , all border states to ND. And you play conference games in Ohio and Ill so you going there isn't a surprise.

Louisiana is in the Midwest?

This gets better with each post.

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2017, 04:25 PM

Michigan, Utah and Ohio, and Montana are in the Midwest? Are you serious?

Let's try this.

UTAH: Part of Utah is west of the Rockies and nowhere near the Midwest and in the MOUNTAIN TIME ZONE.

MONTANA: Anything East of Billings could be argued for the Midwest but Bozeman and Missoula are not in the Midwest. When it takes 11hrs to drive to Bozeman and 14hrs to drive to Missoula, that is NOT the Midwest especially since it is in the MOUNTAIN TIME ZONE.

Indiana: Fine, I'd argue that Eastern Indiana (Muncie, Ball State) is not the Midwest due to it being in the EASTERN TIME ZONE and over 13hrs away.

Michigan: Really, All of Michigan (Mt. Pleaseant, CMU) not in the UP is in the EASTERN TIME ZONE and over 14hrs away.

Wyoming: Laramie looks nothing like the Midwest and does not even touch North Dakota. Helps that it is in the MOUNTAIN TIME ZONE and over 12hrs away.

Washington: Are you just dumb or afraid to admit you are wrong? How in the hell is this in the "Midwest"?

Louisiana: Ok you have to be dumb AND not willing to admit you are wrong. Northwestern State AND Nicholls State are in the Midwest according to you. So only SHSU counts? Got it!

I was willing to concede Iowa, Iowa St, Minnesota, Kansas, and Kansas St; but the rest of these are not in the Midwest except MAYBE Ball St.

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2017, 04:25 PM

Let's try this.

UTAH: Part of Utah is west of the Rockies and nowhere near the Midwest and in the MOUNTAIN TIME ZONE.

MONTANA: Anything East of Billings could be argued for the Midwest but Bozeman and Missoula are not in the Midwest. When it takes 11hrs to drive to Bozeman and 14hrs to drive to Missoula, that is NOT the Midwest especially since it is in the MOUNTAIN TIME ZONE.

Indiana: Fine, I'd argue that Eastern Indiana (Muncie, Ball State) is not the Midwest due to it being in the EASTERN TIME ZONE and over 13hrs away.

Michigan: Really, All of Michigan (Mt. Pleaseant, CMU) not in the UP is in the EASTERN TIME ZONE and over 14hrs away.

Wyoming: Laramie looks nothing like the Midwest and does not even touch North Dakota. Helps that it is in the MOUNTAIN TIME ZONE and over 12hrs away.

Washington: Are you just dumb or afraid to admit you are wrong? How in the hell is this in the "Midwest"?

Louisiana: Ok you have to be dumb AND not willing to admit you are wrong. Northwestern State AND Nicholls State are in the Midwest according to you. So only SHSU counts? Got it!

I was willing to concede Iowa, Iowa St, Minnesota, Kansas, and Kansas St; but the rest of these are not in the Midwest except MAYBE Ball St.

It took me time to type this, but yes, this is classic. Might have to be nominated for Post of the Year.

kalm
December 27th, 2017, 04:28 PM

Not to mention to the distance from Fargo to Missoula...

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2017, 04:29 PM
Not to mention to the distance from Fargo to Missoula...

This is why I try not to argue with them, but they make the bait too tempting. I should listen to Tom Hardy more often.

Professor
December 27th, 2017, 04:35 PM
Bwhahahahahaa. North Dakota State is the Greatest . Who was i to question. My apologies

Professor
December 27th, 2017, 04:38 PM
It took me time to type this, but yes, this is classic. Might have to be nominated for Post of the Year.

The Census Bureau's definition consists of 12 states in the north central United States: Illinois (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illinois), Indiana (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana), Iowa (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa), Kansas (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas), Michigan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan), Minnesota (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota), Missouri (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri), Nebraska (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebraska), North Dakota (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Dakota), Ohio (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio), South Dakota (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Dakota), and Wisconsin (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisconsin). The region generally lies on the broad Interior Plain (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interior_Plain) between the states occupying the Appalachian Mountain range and the states occupying the Rocky Mountain range.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwestern_United_States

POD Knows
December 27th, 2017, 04:40 PM
I give you credit for going to Texas , the rest are in the Midwest. Utah, Kansas , Colorado, montana , all border states to ND. And you play conference games in Ohio and Ill so you going there isn't a surprise.You do realize that as a crow flies, Fargo to Missoula is the same distance as Greenboro to Kansas City. Do you have the slightest clue as to WTF you are even talking about.

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2017, 04:44 PM
The Census Bureau's definition consists of 12 states in the north central United States: Illinois (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illinois), Indiana (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana), Iowa (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa), Kansas (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas), Michigan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan), Minnesota (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota), Missouri (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri), Nebraska (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebraska), North Dakota (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Dakota), Ohio (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio), South Dakota (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Dakota), and Wisconsin (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisconsin). The region generally lies on the broad Interior Plain (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interior_Plain) between the states occupying the Appalachian Mountain range and the states occupying the Rocky Mountain range.

Keep moving the goalposts to fit your narrative. So Colorado, Louisiana, Montana, Texas, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming are not in the Midwest?

So 10 games since 2004 (10 out of 14 years) or almost 1 a year for OOC are not in the Midwest? Wow, you are only proving my point that much more. Hell take out the Colorado St game and then it is 9 out of 14 years.

Your point is what? That you cannot make up your mind and when I prove you wrong, you panic and change your narrative from just Texas to try and include other teams. Also, just a friendly reminder: NEVER USE WIKIPEDIA TO PROVE A POINT.

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2017, 04:46 PM
You do realize that as a crow flies, Fargo to Missoula is the same distance as Greenboro to Kansas City. Do you have the slightest clue as to WTF you are even talking about.

I know I drive fast and am a horrible driver, but there is not a chance in hell I would drive by myself from Fargo to Bozeman or Missoula in the same day. I would need someone to change spots so I could rest or I would have to stop and spend the night in Dickinson or Miles City as I refuse to drive 11+ hrs (using the speed limit) in one day unless I absolutely have to.

Professor
December 27th, 2017, 04:46 PM
You do realize that as a crow flies, Fargo to Missoula is the same distance as Greenboro to Kansas City. Do you have the slightest clue as to WTF you are even talking about.

Maybe you should contact the federal government lol

CommishBigSmooth
December 27th, 2017, 04:48 PM

Doesn't seem to solve your Louisiana problem.
Or several others that you appear to have.
Clearly an adjunct Professor at best. We'd better consult the tenure committee at some point.

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2017, 04:48 PM

Again, quoting Wikipedia is ALWAYS a horrible idea to prove a point. Did you learn nothing in secondary and/or post-secondary school?

Professor
December 27th, 2017, 04:49 PM
Keep moving the goalposts to fit your narrative. So Colorado, Louisiana, Montana, Texas, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming are not in the Midwest?

So 10 games since 2004 (10 out of 14 years) or almost 1 a year for OOC are not in the Midwest? Wow, you are only proving my point that much more. Hell take out the Colorado St game and then it is 9 out of 14 years.

Your point is what? That you cannot make up your mind and when I prove you wrong, you panic and change your narrative from just Texas to try and include other teams. Also, just a friendly reminder: NEVER USE WIKIPEDIA TO PROVE A POINT.

No goal posts move. I made a partial mistake. But i partially correct as well. I used wiki as a source for the map. Clearly my tag says US Census bureau.

POD Knows
December 27th, 2017, 04:49 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwestern_United_StatesYou already got blown out of the water on this, give it up. You tried to make some stupid comment about NDSU not being willing to travel, somebody called you out and now you are scrambling.

Professor
December 27th, 2017, 04:50 PM
Again, quoting Wikipedia is ALWAYS a horrible idea to prove a point. Did you learn nothing in secondary and/or post-secondary school?

Nope you know they don't teach us anything. You know we are inferior in all things , including football

*note the sarcasm*

- - - Updated - - -

You already got blown out of the water on this, give it up. You tried to make some stupid comment about NDSU not being willing to travel, somebody called you out and now you are scrambling.

Why, this is a message board. I'm having fun. This is for ****s and giggles. Always has been

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2017, 04:50 PM
No goal posts move. I made a partial mistake. But i partially correct as well. I used wiki as a source for the map. Clearly my tag says US Census bureau.

How are you "Partially correct"? I could say if I head West I will eventually reach New York City and still be partially correct. You are trying to find some kinds of points and you are losing. You are still moving the goalposts and losing ground, so please, continue to dig yourself a deeper hole and I will continue to add the dirt.

CommishBigSmooth
December 27th, 2017, 04:51 PM

I'm not sure I would give you partial credit for any knowledge of FCS football, let alone geography.

Professor
December 27th, 2017, 04:53 PM
I'm not sure I would give you partial credit for any knowledge of FCS football, let alone geography.

Why would I care about FCS football.... I'm apart of the Separate but Equal MEAC / SWAC remember

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2017, 04:54 PM
Nope you know they don't teach us anything. You know we are inferior in all things , including football

*note the sarcasm*

- - - Updated - - -

Why, this is a message board. I'm having fun. This is for ****s and giggles. Always has been

I am not going to get into the politics of higher education, but most professors would at least acknowledge that your argument has way too many holes and that:

Colorado, Louisiana, Montana, Texas, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming are not in the Midwest.

If you want Colorado which is further South than Montana, Washington, and Wyoming then you really should go back to school or at least go to a school where they teach Freshmen geography, and I am not referring to college. Hell, even Louisiana is laughable that you think that is in the Midwest.

Professor
How are you "Partially correct"? I could say if I head West I will eventually reach New York City and still be partially correct. You are trying to find some kinds of points and you are losing. You are still moving the goalposts and losing ground, so please, continue to dig yourself a deeper hole and I will continue to add the dirt.

No hole to dig. Enjoying running down this street with you which has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with the topic at hand

POD Knows

*note the sarcasm*

- - - Updated - - -

Why, this is a message board. I'm having fun. This is for ****s and giggles. Always has beenI am unable to identify sarcasm, humor, irony, and the like without the proper emoji. xlolx See, that emoji makes my statement a humorous statement even though it was pretty lame.

Professor
December 27th, 2017, 04:55 PM
I am not going to get into the politics of higher education, but most professors would at least acknowledge that your argument has way too many holes and that:

[/COLOR]are not in the Midwest. If you want Colorado which is further South than Montana, Washington, and Wyoming then you really should go back to school or at least go to a school where they teach Freshmen geography, and I am not referring to college. Hell, even Louisiana is laughable that you think that is in the Midwest.

Didn't know those two schools were in LA. I don't know where every FCS school is. Again i said my error

CommishBigSmooth
December 27th, 2017, 04:57 PM
Why would I care about FCS football.... I'm apart of the Separate but Equal MEAC / SWAC remember

You're definitely apart from the rest of us, my friend.

NDB
December 27th, 2017, 04:58 PM

Well, you're better at geography than subjectively ranking football teams.

POD Knows
December 27th, 2017, 04:59 PM
I know I drive fast and am a horrible driver, but there is not a chance in hell I would drive by myself from Fargo to Bozeman or Missoula in the same day. I would need someone to change spots so I could rest or I would have to stop and spend the night in Dickinson or Miles City as I refuse to drive 11+ hrs (using the speed limit) in one day unless I absolutely have to.I drove from Jonestown, PA to Fargo, ND non-stop, except for piss breaks, do the math on that bad boy.

POD Knows
December 27th, 2017, 04:59 PM
Why would I care about FCS football.... I'm apart of the Separate but Unequal MEAC / SWAC rememberFYP

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2017, 05:01 PM
No hole to dig. Enjoying running down this street with you which has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with the topic at hand

Actually it does.

FACT: You have no idea how to rank teams, which requires thought and logical arguments.
FACT: You have no idea how geography works and where the "Midwest" is.
FACT: You have no idea that using Wikipedia as a source is a bad idea.

SUMMARY: Using these three simple points, you are not qualified to accurately judge NC A&T due to your biasedness towards them, but more importantly, your inability to use logical arguments that are backed by sources and empirical evidence to accurately define your position; therefore, invalidating your entire premise as a whole towards how and where NC A&T should be ranked.

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2017, 05:01 PM
Didn't know those two schools were in LA. I don't know where every FCS school is. Again i said my error

This is why you should always check what you are posting before you just run your keyboard.

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2017, 05:03 PM
I drove from Jonestown, PA to Fargo, ND non-stop, except for piss breaks, do the math on that bad boy.

Using my speed or clenz's speed? Sorry, was too easy.

Other than that, **** driving more than 18 and less than 20hrs non-stop. I do not drink energy drinks, but there would be some Monsters in my console.

RootinFerDukes
December 27th, 2017, 05:04 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Bwhahaha, ECU should have never fired Ruffin. But we might not play, ECU is talking about buying out the contract. Which would be great for us but we rather have their heads

They would try to weasel out of having to play another good fcs program. If you’re really “division one big boy football”, man up and play. Their fans can’t handle the idea of losing to another fcs in as many years.

Professor
December 27th, 2017, 05:05 PM
Actually it does.

FACT: You have no idea how to rank teams, which requires thought and logical arguments.
FACT: You have no idea how geography works and where the "Midwest" is.
FACT: You have no idea that using Wikipedia as a source is a bad idea.

SUMMARY: Using these three simple points, you are not qualified to accurately judge NC A&T due to your biasedness towards them, but more importantly, your inability to use logical arguments that are backed by sources and empirical evidence to accurately define your position; therefore, invalidating your entire premise as a whole towards how and where NC A&T should be ranked.

As an Alum and booster...... A&T DOESN'T CARE ABOUT A RANKING. THAT HAS BEEN MY POINT FROM THE BEGINNING

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2017, 05:08 PM
They would try to weasel out of having to play another good fcs program. If you’re really “division one big boy football”, man up and play. Their fans can’t handle the idea of losing to another fcs in as many years.

They have fans?

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/news/2017/9/17/football-the-point-after-nc-a-t-at-charlotte.aspx?path=football

A record crowd of 18,651 fans attended Charlotte's 2017 home opener.

The Stadium as a whole holds less than 16K fans and there average attendance per year is less than 15K.

18651+11029+10584+11889+10937+8330=71420

71240/6=11903

Take out the 18651 and it becomes 10554

They got a full 1400 average boost due to that one game since NCAT I know travels decently well and it is not that far of a drive.

When you average between 10554 and 11903 you have some bigger issues as a FBS school.

Professor
December 27th, 2017, 05:09 PM

They are saying their reason is because they have a chance to play an SEC school. Makes no sense to me because they play UNC and Va Tech. So we shall see. Either way , we are going to get our 330K

cx500d
December 27th, 2017, 05:10 PM

Bull, we went to San Houston and mvsu

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2017, 05:16 PM

I did and to answer my very 1st post... We won't go any lower than 7

Stats had us at 9 at end of season, one on ESPN had us at 7.

We aren't going to drop. We haven't lost

As an Alum and booster...... A&T DOESN'T CARE ABOUT A RANKING. THAT HAS BEEN MY POINT FROM THE BEGINNING

Then why post any of these posts?

I had them at #12 going into the playoffs but they might drop due to teams like KSU and USeD outperforming where I originally had them.

BTW, this is what I originally posted so I am actually trying to help you out.

cx500d
December 27th, 2017, 05:17 PM

And Georgia southern, sfa, mvsu, northeastern, etc

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2017, 05:18 PM
And Georgia southern, sfa, mvsu, northeastern, etc

I was doing this as more of an exercise to prove a point, but I decided that adding insult to injury was not worth it.

POD Knows
December 27th, 2017, 05:18 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAnd SFA, Georgia Southern, Southern Utah

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2017, 05:21 PM
I was doing this as more of an exercise to prove a point, but I decided that adding insult to injury was not worth it.

And SFA, Georgia Southern, Southern Utah

He said anything outside of Texas is the Midwest so only SFA counts since:

The region generally lies on the broad Interior Plain (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interior_Plain) between the states occupying the Appalachian Mountain range and the states occupying the Rocky Mountain range.

So yeah, GSU and Southern Utah do not count according to Wikipedia.

kalm
December 27th, 2017, 05:22 PM
****ty geography aside, as a Big Sky fan and MVFC admirer, I'd love nothing more than for the MEAC, SWAC, NEC, and PL to improve. With few exceptions, the CAA, SoCon, and SLC all benefit in both the regular season and early playoff rounds with basically exhibition games that are still DI counters.

It's a competitive advantage that helps them in the polls, at large bids, and seeds.

I don't blame NCAT for scheduling weak. It makes sense just like it does for any program with a ton of bus trip FCS foes around them. Just don't whine when people who follow all of FCS feel you are over-rated in certain polls or don't believe you deserve to be ranked at all because you choose to not compete in your subdivision's Championship.

kalm
December 27th, 2017, 05:26 PM

We've had home and homes with SHSU, NDSU, and UNI over the past 7 years. We're about to start one with WIU. We played a one-off with Fordham this year.

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2017, 05:34 PM
We've had home and homes with SHSU, NDSU, and UNI over the past 7 years. We're about to start one with WIU. We played a one-off with Fordham this year.

Everyone knows you are in the Midwest and only SHSU counts for leaving the Midwest. The other schools are "touching" the Appalachians or are in the "Midwest" footprint. xlolx

kalm
December 27th, 2017, 05:40 PM
Everyone knows you are in the Midwest and only SHSU counts for leaving the Midwest. The other schools are "touching" the Appalachians or are in the "Midwest" footprint. xlolx

Lol.

The Moses Lake area does look quite a bit like the land between the Rockies and the Appalachians...

BisonFan02
December 27th, 2017, 05:42 PM
The circle of midwest and parts known that is within the small NDSU travel range shall now be known as "The Palouse"

kalm
December 27th, 2017, 05:46 PM
The circle of midwest and parts known that is within the small NDSU travel range shall now be known as "The Palouse"

Very good! Lmao!

Professor
December 27th, 2017, 05:46 PM
Then why post any of these posts?

Most of them are because i'm bored at work. We are all aware ( MEAC and SWAC ) of how majority of you feel. That's why it's so few of us here. This was more of an exercise to see if they were right. sadly they were

BTW, this is what I originally posted so I am actually trying to help you out.

Most of them are because i'm bored at work. We are all aware ( MEAC and SWAC ) of how majority of you feel. That's why it's so few of us here. This was more of an exercise to see if they were right. sadly they were

I appreciate your 1st post

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2017, 05:48 PM
Lol.

The Moses Lake area does look quite a bit like the land between the Rockies and the Appalachians...

So we are in agreement with BF02 on this? :D

I could get behind this.

Professor
December 27th, 2017, 05:48 PM
****ty geography aside, as a Big Sky fan and MVFC admirer, I'd love nothing more than for the MEAC, SWAC, NEC, and PL to improve. With few exceptions, the CAA, SoCon, and SLC all benefit in both the regular season and early playoff rounds with basically exhibition games that are still DI counters.

It's a competitive advantage that helps them in the polls, at large bids, and seeds.

I don't blame NCAT for scheduling weak. It makes sense just like it does for any program with a ton of bus trip FCS foes around them. Just don't whine when people who follow all of FCS feel you are over-rated in certain polls or don't believe you deserve to be ranked at all because you choose to not compete in your subdivision's Championship.

Honestly we follow the same blueprint

FBS
FCS
DII

We didn't know GW was gonna suck. We played Elon in 13-15. They weren't good then either. Not our fault. We play them again in 19

kalm
December 27th, 2017, 05:49 PM

Do you honestly feel there's a bias?

kalm
December 27th, 2017, 05:53 PM

FBS
FCS
DII

We didn't know GW was gonna suck. We played Elon in 13-15. They weren't good then either. Not our fault. We play them again in 19

I know you follow the same blue print. Doesn't change the fact that your SoS is weak. It's like JSU this year. Scheduled well OOC but those teams ended up being down. That shouldn't have changed the fact they were over ranked and over seeded.

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2017, 05:54 PM

The thing is, play teams that put out T25 football on the road in the Valley and Big Sky and tell the Celebration Bowl to **** off, and come play in the Playoffs, and the sentiment would change real quick. The reason why is one of two things would happen:

1) Your football would increase and would prove to everyone that you are a T10 team

OR

2) Your football would "fall back to Earth" and your schools would continue to get shallacked but then miss out on that 1.5 million payout.

Time to choose, but the thing is, do not be mad when we get mad and post the things we do and then post this:

We are all aware ( MEAC and SWAC ) of how majority of you feel. That's why it's so few of us here.

We want the FCS to include the best of the best, not what remains. If that means the MEAC/SWAC do not participate, then so be it. I just want the 16 best teams, not some 24 bull**** that we have now.

Professor
December 27th, 2017, 05:57 PM
Do you honestly feel there's a bias?

YEs , deep down folks think a middle or losing program in MVFC or the CAA can beat the top team in the MEAC or SWAC. And that's bogus. A&T and Grambling both beat FCS teams this year. But their still is this thought that they and the leagues they play in are inferior. That will change with more FCS matchups.

Professor
December 27th, 2017, 05:58 PM
The thing is, play teams that put out T25 football on the road in the Valley and Big Sky and tell the Celebration Bowl to **** off, and come play in the Playoffs, and the sentiment would change real quick. The reason why is one of two things would happen:

1) Your football would increase and would prove to everyone that you are a T10 team

OR

2) Your football would "fall back to Earth" and your schools would continue to get shallacked but then miss out on that 1.5 million payout.

Time to choose, but the thing is, do not be mad when we get mad and post the things we do and then post this:

We want the FCS to include the best of the best, not what remains. If that means the MEAC/SWAC do not participate, then so be it. I just want the 16 best teams, not some 24 bull**** that we have now.

We played in the playoffs for years. Still doesn't change the thought. It was a 1st round bye according to some. Now we use a different platform and play you during the regular season.

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2017, 06:04 PM
YEs , deep down folks think a middle or losing program in MVFC or the CAA can beat the top team in the MEAC or SWAC. And that's bogus. A&T and Grambling both beat FCS teams this year. But their still is this thought that they and the leagues they play in are inferior. That will change with more FCS matchups.

Care to look at 2016 vs Richmond?

2016: NCAT vs Richmond
2014: Morgan St vs Richmond
2007: Delaware St vs Delaware
2006: Hampton vs UNH

You are once again opening keyboard and inserting the foot.

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2017, 06:06 PM
We played in the playoffs for years. Still doesn't change the thought. It was a 1st round bye according to some. Now we use a different platform and play you during the regular season.

I am a supporter of doing what you got to do to make money, but understanding the consequences that come from it is also important, regardless of what the consequences are.

Professor Chaos
December 27th, 2017, 06:12 PM

FBS
FCS
DII

I keep seeing Gardner-Webb brought up as proof that NC A&T is trying to schedule better outside of conference yet this is their record against D1 teams the previous 7 years before this one:

2016: 3-7
2015: 3-7
2014: 3-8
2013: 5-5
2012: 2-8
2011: 2-7
2010: 3-7

So you might want to stop using Gardner-Webb as you're "we're trying to schedule tougher OOC and didn't know they'd be bad" argument.

kalm
December 27th, 2017, 06:18 PM

It's not deep down. It's on the surface and that skepticism will remain until you beat some quality opponents OOC or in the playoffs.

NDSUtk
December 27th, 2017, 07:22 PM
YEs , deep down folks think a middle or losing program in MVFC or the CAA can beat the top team in the MEAC or SWAC. And that's bogus. A&T and Grambling both beat FCS teams this year. But their still is this thought that they and the leagues they play in are inferior. That will change with more FCS matchups.MVFC and CAA teams also feel that way about basically every conference except a few. So it's not just MEAC and SWAC. Just ask the folks in the Southland or Big South. And then if you look at the Pioneer, Patriot, NEC... Yeah we do believe our 4th ranked teams could beat their champions. And some get a shot during the playoffs. I think quite honestly, you're taking this as a everyone's against MEAC/SWAc thread when in reality, the same things you complain of are how other conferences are viewed as well. The other conferences just do the playoffs.

Let's take San Diego...if they are undefeated, does anyone say they should be top 5? Nope. Is their schedule and worse then A&T's? Probably not. This is what it boils down to.

No_Skill
December 27th, 2017, 07:44 PM
And SFA, Georgia Southern, Southern Utah

Does Delaware in 2019 count as the Midwest?

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2017, 08:15 PM
Does Delaware in 2019 count as the Midwest?If it is touching the Appalachian Mountains the argument could be made they are in the Midwest. Check Wikipedia for verification though.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
December 27th, 2017, 08:30 PM
Does Delaware in 2019 count as the Midwest?

**** yes it counts. As generally accepted, Delaware is north eastish of the Mason Dixon line...which is firmly within the Palouse zone.

Twentysix
December 27th, 2017, 08:38 PM
Palouse omg I'm dying.

Palouse is anywhere anyone has a yard with grass right?

BisonFan02
December 27th, 2017, 08:49 PM
Palouse omg I'm dying.

Palouse is anywhere anyone has a yard with grass right?

Its a mythical place that knows no bounds....and cannot be contained by man.

kalm
December 27th, 2017, 08:58 PM
Its a mythical place that knows no bounds....and cannot be contained by man.

This is fairly accurate.

Twentysix
December 27th, 2017, 09:04 PM
Doesn't it literally mean something like "the grass of your front yard" in French.

BisonFan02
December 27th, 2017, 09:05 PM
This is fairly accurate.

Our feeble minds will never know for sure....outside of it is most definitely not in Baltimore or the VanGorder season in Statesboro.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 28th, 2017, 06:58 AM
I drove from Jonestown, PA to Fargo, ND non-stop, except for piss breaks, do the math on that bad boy.

Took a load of bees from Fertile to just north of Pocatello, Idaho in a very long day of driving...

kalm
December 28th, 2017, 07:53 AM
Doesn't it literally mean something like "the grass of your front yard" in French.

It's Sahaptin for "stands in water" and was first used to name the people of the region that inhabited the Palouse River valley and surrounding areas...

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/561ff342e4b02e8febd9af5b/56452201e4b0bc988213572d/5645222be4b04162a326fc9f/1447371859992/fall+afternoon+palouse+river.jpg

http://media.spokesman.com/photos/2015/05/14/out_14_goodwin_inside_t1140.jpg?abf36d44fcda22a1f7 041162086f31df6a374511

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/39/00/22/3900221b58c7bde9ac0293247e5bcb01.jpg

Gil Dobie
December 28th, 2017, 07:58 AM
Did the undefeated Harvard teams ever make the top 10 end of season polls?

POD Knows
December 28th, 2017, 07:58 AM
Does Delaware in 2019 count as the Midwest?I don't know anymore. xconfusedx

Professor
December 28th, 2017, 08:29 AM
Care to look at 2016 vs Richmond?

2014: Morgan St vs Richmond
2007: Delaware St vs Delaware
2006: Hampton vs UNH

You are once again opening keyboard and inserting the foot.

A&T played with our 3rd string QB. I know that doesn't sit well with you or excuse the outcome but that's what happened. Richmond brought some kid who was redshrited to make sure they beat us. He beat North Dakota too.

MEAC hasn't won a playoff game since 99. We have blew plenty games since then.

- - - Updated - - -

I keep seeing Gardner-Webb brought up as proof that NC A&T is trying to schedule better outside of conference yet this is their record against D1 teams the previous 7 years before this one:

2016: 3-7
2015: 3-7
2014: 3-8
2013: 5-5
2012: 2-8
2011: 2-7
2010: 3-7

So you might want to stop using Gardner-Webb as you're "we're trying to schedule tougher OOC and didn't know they'd be bad" argument.

No Gardner Webb only who would give us home and home. We have scheduled more than them.

NCA&TSU OOC FCS Last 5 years 8-2

2017 : Gardner Webb W 45-0
Grambling W 21-14
2015 : Elon W 14-7
2014: Bama A&M W 47-13
Coastal L 31-30
Elon W 12-7
Alcorn State W 41-34
2013: App State W 24-21
Elon W 23-10
2012 Coastal L 29-13

Professor
December 28th, 2017, 08:43 AM
I am a supporter of doing what you got to do to make money, but understanding the consequences that come from it is also important, regardless of what the consequences are.

I really don't see the consequences. We get marginalized , umm we always have been. We don't get respect. We never have lol.

A MEAC school could run thru the playoffs and some excuse could be made. I saw it done in 99 when FAMU was a half from making to the title game.

A conference or conferences in FCS are going to always think they are better. So be it.

What i say to anyone who thinks we are inferior , stop playing the worse in our conferences. Schedule a home and home with the conf champs.

Gil Dobie
December 28th, 2017, 08:46 AM
Did the undefeated Harvard teams ever make the top 10 end of season polls?

In 2014 Harvard was undefeated and finished #13 in the Sports Network Poll.

Gil Dobie
December 28th, 2017, 08:49 AM
In 2014 Harvard was undefeated and finished #13 in the Sports Network Poll.

In 2004 Harvard was undefeated and finished #13 in the Sports Network Poll.

That's 2 cases for A&T being in the 10-15 area in the polls, unless there is a bias for or against them.

Professor
December 28th, 2017, 08:53 AM
Bwhahaah Bias

Was Harvard ever ranked in the top ten before the end of the season

Twentysix
December 28th, 2017, 09:53 AM
In 2004 Harvard was undefeated and finished #13 in the Sports Network Poll.

That's 2 cases for A&T being in the 10-15 area in the polls, unless there is a bias for or against them.
In 2014 Harvard was undefeated and finished #13 in the Sports Network Poll.Is their sos available?

uni88
December 28th, 2017, 10:14 AM

Let's try this.

Kingpin you've been a little hard on the Professor's knowledge of the Midwest considering that you dismissed Michigan and Indiana (with a concession) from being in the Midwest. There are different ways of dividing the US but almost all of them have Michigan and Indiana as part of the Midwest. I know you probably think of it as heresy but there is a greater chance that North Dakota would not be considered Midwest than Michigan or Indiana.