PDA

View Full Version : Longest Bus Rides

LBPop
July 19th, 2005, 05:44 PM
I assume that I-AA teams travel by bus most of the time. At least, that's how it seems in the east. I would also assume that the distances in the west and midwest must require flying to away games. For Georgetown, the longest bus trip is about 8 hours divided into two days up and one long day's ride back. I would be interested in knowing what teams out there have longer rides and how many fly to away games? Do you think it affects their play on the road?

Go...gate
July 19th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Colgate does a lot of bus travel (though since the 1980's we usually get one plane ride to the south every few years), and most of the bus rides are long. But the Patriot League has been a boon for us, because we went from playing 2-3 games a year at home :eek: to a steady 5 or so. Worst trip these days: probably Villanova, Navy or Georgetown, but at least the destination is pretty nice.

McNeeserocket
July 19th, 2005, 06:28 PM
I assume that I-AA teams travel by bus most of the time. At least, that's how it seems in the east. I would also assume that the distances in the west and midwest must require flying to away games. For Georgetown, the longest bus trip is about 8 hours divided into two days up and one long day's ride back. I would be interested in knowing what teams out there have longer rides and how many fly to away games? Do you think it affects their play on the road?
McNeese will bus to games if the distance is no more than around 6 to 6.5 hours. More than that they will charter and fly. We usually have at least one game a year we have to fly to each year. This year it will be Georgia Southern.

We have two games we will bus to that will be around 6 hours in 2005. They are Texas State and Southern Mississippi.

If Central Arkansas joins the conference it will be around 8 hours. I guess McNeese will fly to Conway Arkansas for this game.

When we fly we leave on a Friday morning and come back right after the game. I don't think it affects the team unless there are delays or problems with the flight (like last time we flew to Southern Utah).

Last time we flew to Southern Utah in 2003 it was a trip from H#$%. The team left on a Friday morning from Lake Charles but didn't get to Southern Utah until late that night (due to a myriad of problems). Then after the game the airplane had mechanical problems and the team had to fly out Sunday afternoon and didn't get home until 10:30 PM Sunday night. Everything that could go wrong went wrong, except McNeese won the game.

TexasTerror
July 19th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Sam took a bus to SW Missouri State, soon to be Missouri State. I think it was 10 hr bus trip from Huntsville...

Flew to Montana and Eastern Washington, of course. I do not think the team is flying to anywhere outside of the Northern Colorado game. Everywhere else is in state and though Lubbock is a long drive (510 mi), but shorter than the drive to play SW Missouri State, I think it's going to driven. SHSU to Hammond, LA is 379 mi and Thibodaux to play Nicholls is is 381 mi.

MR. CHICKEN
July 19th, 2005, 07:17 PM
DUH LONGEST BUS RIDE FO' DUH BLUEHENS..........35-40 MILES.....FROM DUH MAIN LINE...AFTERAH.......20-19.....BEATIN' BY DEM FLEA-BAG...WILDCATS...AN' UH TALLEY GAME PLAN!...:o:o:o....BRRAAAWWWWKKKKK!

TxSt02
July 19th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Tx State will fly to both Southeastern LA and Nicholls State this year because they are our only games out of the state...

McNeese75
July 19th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Tx State will fly to both Southeastern LA and Nicholls State this year because they are our only games out of the state...

Where ya gonna land in Thibodeaux???? :D

bobcatfan06
July 20th, 2005, 12:23 AM

Haha, good question. Maybe they can skydive out?? I dunno.

TxSt02
July 20th, 2005, 03:22 AM

New Orleans... and then bus is in.