PDA

View Full Version : FCS NC : NDSU vs JMU

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

mcveyrl
December 19th, 2017, 09:33 PM
I was thinking more on the level of MVSU and Robert Morris. SDSU kicked our ass.

Yea, I was just cracking a little joke.

But to your point, most teams have those. We had Norfolk State and ETSU.

BisonFan02
December 19th, 2017, 09:34 PM
DeLuca, Tanguay, and Cox.........

cx500d
December 19th, 2017, 09:37 PM
Yea, I was just cracking a little joke.

But to your point, most teams have those. We had Norfolk State and ETSU.

I was trying to remember if you had any cupcakes, but I forgot about those. I just remember you had a cupcake FBS team.

dukesfan4010
December 19th, 2017, 09:41 PM
Oh god now we need to watch out for the East Coast speed.

Please try to tell me there wasn't a significant difference in team speed at the Fargo dome last year. Please

mcveyrl
December 19th, 2017, 10:04 PM
I was trying to remember if you had any cupcakes, but I forgot about those. I just remember you had a cupcake FBS team.

Honestly, ETSU had a fairly good game plan, they committed to stopping the run I suppose with the thought that it’s easier to have an off day through the air, so I believe they held us to less yards than ECU on the ground but we just torched them in the air. I did accurately predict afterwards that ETSU would give some of the TO SoCon teams a hard time and they did. But I would still include them as a “cupcake” for statistics purposes.

Christiank22
December 19th, 2017, 11:00 PM
Completely different styles. Teams are close but different at the same time. No way NDSU can run away with this game. Chances are JMU doesn't either, but more likely than the Bison.I'll be shocked if JMU scores more than 10, NDSU will run with this one. 28-7

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

JayMYou
December 19th, 2017, 11:05 PM
Oh god now we need to watch out for the East Coast speed.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oxHQkOSSocPWMPcVq/200.gif

JayMYou
December 19th, 2017, 11:14 PM

It's easy to lose track. It's just weird to think that in terms of point margin, our 3rd biggest cupcake this season came out of the MVFC (well they did tie with URI).

https://78.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln3sdnEsHh1qbhtrto1_500.gif

JayMYou
December 19th, 2017, 11:16 PM
I think we had some serious cupcake stats plussing our numbers up though....

Overall your offense is probably better in terms of consistency, which bodes in your favor for the title game.

JayMYou
December 19th, 2017, 11:17 PM
I'll be shocked if JMU scores more than 10, NDSU will run with this one. 28-7

There's a good chance our defense scores more than 10, even if the offense doesn't.

dakotadude
December 19th, 2017, 11:27 PM
O-line is comparable if you ask me.

Not sure if our senior center, Austin Kuhnert, has a bad elbow. Did you notice him popping his elbow back in place during the semifinal? https://twitter.com/barstoolhrtland/status/942143894220918784/video/1

Looked like he had lots of practice popping it back in. Didnt even ask for someone else to do it. I Wrestled back in the day 73, first couple times always needed someone else to do it. After a while just did it better myself. it'll work till off season.

Hoboken Dukes
December 20th, 2017, 02:24 AM
Same thing that happened last year is gonna happen this year. Dukes are gonna stop the run, force Stick to beat them, he’s hot garbage and Dukes spend the last 5+ minutes celebrating as he flails about back there like a scurred doe.

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2017, 04:57 AM
I'll be shocked if JMU scores more than 10, NDSU will run with this one. 28-7

Same thing that happened last year is gonna happen this year. Dukes are gonna stop the run, force Stick to beat them, he’s hot garbage and Dukes spend the last 5+ minutes celebrating as he flails about back there like a scurred doe.
I don't know which one of you is more full of **** but it's probably pretty close.

Christiank22
December 20th, 2017, 06:26 AM
I don't know which one of you is more full of **** but it's probably pretty close.Just trolling the trolls man. It's gonna be a good game, I know that

jmufan999
December 20th, 2017, 08:05 AM
question for NDSU fans: are you getting your tickets through NDSU or are you getting them/already bought them on the open market?

BisonFanAnn
December 20th, 2017, 08:31 AM
question for NDSU fans: are you getting your tickets through NDSU or are you getting them/already bought them on the open market?

I bought 10 in August for my group. We like the Hospitality package (in case the weather is like last year).

centennial
December 20th, 2017, 09:42 AM
Since NDSU fans have the majority of the tickets. All of the above.

Bisonator
December 20th, 2017, 11:05 AM
That's it I'm all in, JMU's board has convinced me. We are going to get rolled. JMU will demoralize us and make it look like SDSU actually had a better chance in last weeks debacle. It's gonna be ****ing epic!xlolx

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2017, 11:13 AM
That's it I'm all in, JMU's board has convinced me. We are going to get rolled. JMU will demoralize us and make it look like SDSU actually had a better chance in last weeks debacle. It's gonna be ****ing epic!xlolx
Just read Bisonville... it'll only be a matter of time before you're convinced last year was an anomaly and Bison are ready to resume their rightful position on the north stage of Toyota Stadium come 2PM on January 6th. xthumbsupx

JMU and NDSU's fans/message boards/football teams are a lot more alike than most of us would like to admit I think.

Bisonator
December 20th, 2017, 11:16 AM
Just read Bisonville... it'll only be a matter of time before you're convinced last year was an anomaly and Bison are ready to resume their rightful position on the north stage of Toyota Stadium come 2PM on January 6th. xthumbsupx

JMU and NDSU's fans/message boards/football teams are a lot more alike than most of us would like to admit I think.
That's true. xlolx

Bison56
December 20th, 2017, 11:28 AM

Nailed itxthumbsupx

centennial
December 20th, 2017, 11:35 AM

I've been trolling JMU fans on bisonville. They have started to quote me and Makbison on csnbbs.

Also, I have bought 3 sets of purple steamers to throw on the field when JMU is about to score.

DirtyDukes
December 20th, 2017, 11:49 AM
Reminder to self: don't invite elitist Beltway Swamp fans to house. After spilling red wine on carpet, breaking glass centerpiece on table, and tearing the towel holder off the wall in guest bath, they'll leave without offering to pay for repair/replacement or offer to clean up their own mess is someone else's house.

Just because you trash your own house (stadium) doesn't give you the right to trash someone else's house or stadium.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If being from Georgia makes me an elitist Beltway Swamp fan I don't even want to know what actual Virginians are.

yes. absolutely had to do with matchups. but don't listen to us. We just watch our team every week. Many of you NDSU fans watch us once or twice and think you have us all figured it.

If you want to see a better comparison, look at the Stony Brook game and in particular go back through the drive summary

http://www.espn.com/college-football/playbyplay?gameId=401002481

they were a good smash mouth run based offense all year long. We shut them down. they did nothing until the game was well out of hand. we focused on stopping the run and made the QB throw. and as most of us thought before the game, we didn't think he could do anything against us and he didn't. Just like we did to the SDSU QB, we rattled his cage.

I keep hearing over and over again, these QB's play their worst games against us. Maybe, just maybe, that's not a coincidence. You hear all the coaches after playing us comment how our front four is the best they've played. That's what we do. We get after your QB and make him uncomfortable and panicked and our secondary then feasts on the hurried throws. It's happened to every QB we've played this year. it will happen again to Stick.

SBU QB had 3 INTs all season and threw 5 against JMU. SDSU QB had 8 INTs all season and threw 6 against JMU. If you guys think that's just two players playing sloppy I don't know what to tell ya.

Bisonator
December 20th, 2017, 11:56 AM
If being from Georgia makes me an elitist Beltway Swamp fan I don't even want to know what actual Virginians are.

SBU QB had 3 INTs all season and threw 5 against JMU. SDSU QB had 8 INTs all season and threw 6 against JMU. If you guys think that's just two players playing sloppy I don't know what to tell ya.

He also dropped the ball at least twice without being touched. I'd say sloppy is fairly accurate. Just sayin.....xcoffeex

centennial
December 20th, 2017, 12:13 PM

JMU backs do try to cut routes and disguise looks. Film study is excellent. Stick had a bad patch in the middle of the season. Since then he's been solid. I think he has only thrown INT in 4 games. He also has experience against the best, or second best defense in the FCS. Also played multiple teams with good defenses that disguise looks similarly to JMU.

The key to victory for JMU is getting Stick off his game SDSU did it, but that was at the end of 3 bad game streak for Stick. Go look at Stick's numbers in the playoffs. Yard/attempt is over 10 yards, QBR is about 210 and has thrown 10 TD's in 3 games.

gsf23nd
December 20th, 2017, 12:33 PM
JMU backs do try to cut routes and disguise looks. Film study is excellent. Stick had a bad patch in the middle of the season. Since then he's been solid. I think he has only thrown INT in 4 games. He also has experience against the best, or second best defense in the FCS. Also played multiple teams with good defenses that disguise looks similarly to JMU.

The key to victory for JMU is getting Stick off his game SDSU did it, but that was at the end of 3 bad game streak for Stick. Go look at Stick's numbers in the playoffs. Yard/attempt is over 10 yards, QBR is about 210 and has thrown 10 TD's in 3 games.

I hope the JMU coaches aren't concerned about Stick as much as their fans aren't.

Bison56
December 20th, 2017, 12:35 PM

Those were cupcake teams though.

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2017, 12:37 PM

They still can't rely on Stick throwing the ball to sustain the offense though IMO. He's played against the 61st (SHSU), 73rd (Wofford), and 87th (San Diego) ranked teams in defensive pass efficiency in the playoffs so far. JMU is #1 in that category by a good margin. They need to establish the run because that'll set up play action and having that play action threat is the only way Stick has success throwing the ball against JMU IMO.

So it still boils down to "stop the run, stop the NDSU offense" for JMU's defense.

centennial
December 20th, 2017, 12:38 PM
I hope the JMU coaches aren't concerned about Stick as much as their fans aren't.
Just by Stick's running ability he would be #3 RB on the team. Carson is a mentor to him. And Stick had been playing lights out. He lays an egg about 1-2 games every 10. JMU last year was one of them. So it could happen, but underestimate him at your own peril.

centennial
December 20th, 2017, 12:41 PM
They still can't rely on Stick throwing the ball to sustain the offense though IMO. He's played against the 61st (SHSU), 73rd (Wofford), and 87th (San Diego) ranked teams in defensive pass efficiency in the playoffs so far. JMU is #1 in that category by a good margin. They need to establish the run because that'll set up play action and having that play action threat is the only way Stick has success throwing the ball against JMU IMO.

So it still boils down to "stop the run, stop the NDSU offense" for JMU's defense.

Cannot rely on Stick to run shotgun plays from NIU. Under center in a WCO type throwing game he is just fine. I think our receivers not creating separation is a bigger problem than Stick, and will be the more interesting matchup.

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2017, 12:44 PM
Cannot rely on Stick to run shotgun plays from NIU. Under center in a WCO type throwing game he is just fine. I think our receivers not creating separation is a bigger problem than Stick, and will be the more interesting matchup.
As much as you hate the read-option I think we'll see it a fair amount in this game because they're going to need Stick's legs as well as his arm to move the chains. I do agree that play action is better when he's under center but the QB run isn't as much of a threat then.

centennial
December 20th, 2017, 12:51 PM
As much as you hate the read-option I think we'll see it a fair amount in this game because they're going to need Stick's legs as well as his arm to move the chains. I do agree that play action is better when he's under center but the QB run isn't as much of a threat then.

I'd rather take dedicated QB runs vs read option. NDSU just doesn't run it that well. Watching the Eagles this year with Carson, and Cam with Panthers running ro has been an eye opener for me.

The read option formations for NDSU is poor. I know every time it's coming. We don't run quick slants or sticks from it, blocking on to also is sub par. I've seen it getting blown numerous times this year.

DirtyDukes
December 20th, 2017, 01:00 PM
He also dropped the ball at least twice without being touched. I'd say sloppy is fairly accurate. Just sayin.....xcoffeex

Oh yeah sorry I forgot those happened in a vacuum and not because he was rushed or anything. My bad!

Bisonator
December 20th, 2017, 02:26 PM
Oh yeah sorry I forgot those happened in a vacuum and not because he was rushed or anything. My bad!
Again he just dropped the ball without being touched. Apparently JMU just terrifies these guys into dropping the ball.xrolleyesx

DirtyDukes
December 20th, 2017, 02:28 PM
Again he just dropped the ball without being touched. Apparently JMU just terrifies these guys into dropping the ball.xrolleyesx

So the multiple defensive players near him didn't affect his pacing or throwing motion? Okay! Sorry, thanks for the clarification!!!

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2017, 02:29 PM
So the multiple defensive players near him didn't affect his pacing or throwing motion? Okay! Sorry, thanks for the clarification!!!
If that caused him to fumble in his throwing motion he'd have had about 50 fumbles on the year (and probably another 3-5 more in that game alone).

Bisonator
December 20th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Yes absolutely JMU caused all those and more. I hear TC is still having nightmares. Stick is already practicing the fetal position for Frisco.

Bison56
December 20th, 2017, 02:38 PM

Why bother?

DirtyDukes
December 20th, 2017, 02:40 PM
Why bother?

Are you guys really going to tell me a game in which dude had 8 turnovers were all due to him and the JMU D gets no credit? Come on.

BisonTru
December 20th, 2017, 02:50 PM
Are you guys really going to tell me a game in which dude had 8 turnovers were all due to him and the JMU D gets no credit? Come on.

https://media.makeameme.org/created/youre-gonna-5a3acc.jpg

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2017, 02:53 PM
Hey now... don't sell him short. It was 9. xlolx

Bisonator
December 20th, 2017, 02:55 PM
Where the **** did anybody say that? xconfusedx

BTW what do JMU fans do with their streamers if they never score? Just curious.

centennial
December 20th, 2017, 02:58 PM

Throw it at the other teams bench. Remember the Weber game? Doing this would get you thrown out of Fargo dome in a minute. But they threw trash at the Weber bench for half that game.

BisonTru
December 20th, 2017, 03:00 PM

I'm shorting gay wedding supplies in Virginia. :Dxdrunkyx

FargoBison
December 20th, 2017, 03:06 PM
ESPN must be pumped up about this match up...They are even going to have a pregame show....

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/943587233336094720

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2017, 03:11 PM
ESPN must be pumped up about this match up...They are even going to have a pregame show....

Wow... that's surprising. They better be careful or they might actually get 2M viewers for this thing.

Bisonator
December 20th, 2017, 03:13 PM

A pregame show for the FCS title game or a Pregame show about the CFP with an itty bitty mention at the very end about an FCS title game coming up after the break?xlolx

DirtyDukes
December 20th, 2017, 03:31 PM
Hey now... don't sell him short. It was 9. xlolx
Hahaha fair.

Throw it at the other teams bench. Remember the Weber game? Doing this would get you thrown out of Fargo dome in a minute. But they threw trash at the Weber bench for half that game.

It wasn't trash, it was a streamer. And it wasn't half the game, it was at the every end after Weber players taunted the students after going up 8. But way to make **** up.

centennial
December 20th, 2017, 03:35 PM
Hahaha fair.

It wasn't trash, it was a streamer. And it wasn't half the game, it was at the every end after Weber players taunted the students after going up 8. But way to make **** up.

We all saw the game. And saw trash getting thrown at the Weber bench. Also you should not be defending bad behavior from the students. It does not matter what the Weber bench was doing. The students throwing streamers should've been ejected from the game.

Christiank22
December 20th, 2017, 03:40 PM
Hahaha fair.

It wasn't trash, it was a streamer. And it wasn't half the game, it was at the every end after Weber players taunted the students after going up 8. But way to make **** up.People get thrown out of NDSU games for cussing at the bench, and at JMU it's okay to throw trash at players? I guess that's the difference between the Midwest and East

Bison56
December 20th, 2017, 03:40 PM

Didn't say that at all.

Noryan34
December 20th, 2017, 04:08 PM

Looking back at all the turnovers. You could say 3-4 soley on the D. The first fumble, the first pick by 44 where he stepped in front of the TE, and the last one where 6 jumped the route. The 3 fumbles on TC no idea what he was holding onto. The two deep balls #6 picked were badly throw balls that he made a better play on then the receiver, the second by 44 went through Weineke hands. So those I would say are mistakes that the defense took advantage of. The one you could argue either way was the pick 6. QB was pressured into a bad throw that he never should have made.

So 3 or 4 turnovers made by great defensive plays, others the defense capitalized on mistakes. Give the Dukes credit for it though as not many teams can do it that frequently.

jmu007
December 20th, 2017, 04:19 PM
Hadn't read this thread in a few days. Check back in.. everyone still whining and bitching about streamers. (directed at both sides)

centennial
December 20th, 2017, 04:35 PM
Hadn't read this thread in a few days. Check back in.. everyone still whining and bitching about streamers. (directed at both sides)

Most NDSU fans are just trolling. In the meanwhile-

http://www.whsv.com/content/news/Toyota-Stadium-bans-JMU-tradition-465292023.html

https://www.change.org/p/ncaa-lift-the-ncaa-streamer-ban-for-the-fcs-national-championship

I say NDSU fans should petition the NCAA to throw toilet paper, same difference right?

Bison56
December 20th, 2017, 04:50 PM

http://www.whsv.com/content/news/Toyota-Stadium-bans-JMU-tradition-465292023.html

https://www.change.org/p/ncaa-lift-the-ncaa-streamer-ban-for-the-fcs-national-championship

I say NDSU fans should petition the NCAA to throw toilet paper, same difference right?

But that's not our 10 year tradition.

jmu007
December 20th, 2017, 05:04 PM

I saw that and laughed too.

Noryan34
December 20th, 2017, 05:06 PM

Quote in the first article. Try not to laugh cuz this is real..

"Do we throw our hands up in the air? What do other schools do when they cheer? I don't know even know how to celebrate without throwing a streamer,"

Duke Dawg
December 20th, 2017, 05:12 PM

Lets be real.

espn wet the bed when the semi final games were done.

i bet we see heavy promotion for this game leading up to it. As they said on Twitter last Saturday, it’s the dream matchup.

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2017, 05:14 PM
Sounds like we need to set up a SA (Streamers Anonymous) support group to help some JMU fans cope with their dependency. You're not alone Duke fans... together we can get through this! The struggle is real!

Duke Dawg
December 20th, 2017, 05:16 PM
Looking back at all the turnovers. You could say 3-4 soley on the D. The first fumble, the first pick by 44 where he stepped in front of the TE, and the last one where 6 jumped the route. The 3 fumbles on TC no idea what he was holding onto. The two deep balls #6 picked were badly throw balls that he made a better play on then the receiver, the second by 44 went through Weineke hands. So those I would say are mistakes that the defense took advantage of. The one you could argue either way was the pick 6. QB was pressured into a bad throw that he never should have made.

So 3 or 4 turnovers made by great defensive plays, others the defense capitalized on mistakes. Give the Dukes credit for it though as not many teams can do it that frequently.

so mistakes happen in a vacuum? They aren’t a function of anything the defense is doing? Ummm, ok.

the one fumble TC was chased down and tackled from behind. From what I gathered pregame, that rarely happened to TC. But we shouldn’t give any credit to our Dlineman for chasing him down should we?

and you say two balls were badly thrown that our dB made a better play on. But, any dB on any other team would have made those then right? Ooooooor, maybe, with other dbs they fall incomplete and are not a turnover,right? So, how are those not credited to our dbs making plays that most wouldn’t ?

Schwarz04
December 20th, 2017, 05:34 PM

This is a fan's actual reason for signing the petition xlolx:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26828&stc=1

AmsterBison
December 20th, 2017, 05:35 PM
so mistakes happen in a vacuum? They aren’t a function of anything the defense is doing? Ummm, ok.

the one fumble TC was chased down and tackled from behind. From what I gathered pregame, that rarely happened to TC. But we shouldn’t give any credit to our Dlineman for chasing him down should we?

and you say two balls were badly thrown that our dB made a better play on. But, any dB on any other team would have made those then right? Ooooooor, maybe, with other dbs they fall incomplete and are not a turnover,right? So, how are those not credited to our dbs making plays that most wouldn’t ?

Your DBs are awesome, but those fumbles by Taryn C. made it look like he was missing some grip strength.

I skipped the second half but the fumble caused on the RB was a great defensive play and the two interceptions were great plays by your DBs.

JayMYou
December 20th, 2017, 06:08 PM

I hadn't seen that petition, but thanks to you they've got another signatory bruh.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Live-long-and-Prosper-Sheldon-Cooper-Says-Goodbye-On-Big-Bang-Theory.gif

JayMYou
December 20th, 2017, 06:11 PM

Better watch your attitude, cause our band can beat up your band.

Bisonoline
December 20th, 2017, 06:19 PM

Im trying to figure out how them not throwing streamers gives NDSU leverage???

Bisonoline
December 20th, 2017, 06:20 PM
Sounds like we need to set up a SA (Streamers Anonymous) support group to help some JMU fans cope with their dependency. You're not alone Duke fans... together we can get through this! The struggle is real!

I feel their pain! xlolx

Bisonator
December 20th, 2017, 06:39 PM
Their team obviously doesn't play as well without their fans throwing streamers. Must really fire them up. #streamerpowerlevel10

Bison56
December 20th, 2017, 06:42 PM

I thought JSU fans had crazy conspiracies

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2017, 06:59 PM
So this might have something to do with it....

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8144&d=1513814586

BisonFan02
December 20th, 2017, 07:10 PM

They're not house broken.

Bison56
December 20th, 2017, 07:50 PM

I would be embarrassed to leave a mess like that, but that's just me.

Noryan34
December 20th, 2017, 08:17 PM

did you read what I wrote before you posted? The deep balls were bad throws but I literally said #6 made a better play on those deep balls than the receiver. And I ended by saying give them credit cuz they do what most can’t and take advantage of those mistakes.

Are you that upset about #streamergate that you refuse to read?

NDB
December 20th, 2017, 08:54 PM
I'm looking forward to the first drunk 50-year-old JMU fan have a hissy fit when security checks her bag, finds streamers, and tells her to throw them in the trash.

Winindy
December 20th, 2017, 09:21 PM
Biggest NCAA FCS playoff conspiracy since "The Montana cold will kill my son" at Coastal Carolina.

Bison56
December 20th, 2017, 09:30 PM
Biggest NCAA FCS playoff conspiracy since "The Montana cold will kill my son" at Coastal Carolina.

That was a good one.

Bisonoline
December 20th, 2017, 09:32 PM

You cant make this **** up. Adults crying because they cant throw steamers???? JFC

Bison56
December 20th, 2017, 09:42 PM
You cant make this **** up. Adults crying because they cant throw steamers???? JFC

Why would anyone want to throw steamers? Kind if gross.xlolx

TheKingpin28
December 20th, 2017, 09:54 PM
Why would anyone want to throw a steamers? Kind if gross.xlolx

What if they were in Cleveland though?

JayMYou
December 20th, 2017, 10:06 PM
I'm looking forward to the first drunk 50-year-old JMU fan have a hissy fit when security checks her bag, finds streamers, and tells her to throw them in the trash.

She'd probably the only JMU fan you're brave enough to laugh at Mr. manly man.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/svps.gif

Derby City Duke
December 20th, 2017, 10:13 PM

The SEC network was even talking about Frisco during the Florida/JMU basketball game tonight. Had some highlights to go with the chatter.

jmu007
December 20th, 2017, 10:17 PM
About the only thing that keeps me even remotely interested in this bowl game is picturing both JMU and NDSU destroying either of these teams. What a boring game.

Derby City Duke
December 20th, 2017, 10:21 PM
But that's not our 10 year tradition.

Our fan base is sometimes its own worst enemy.

The streamers might only be 10 years old, but the origins go back to the '81-'82 hoops season when some enterprising [read: buzzed] students decided to throw rolls of toilet paper onto the court after the 1st basket. Became a thing that eventually became the streamers of today.

Some in our fan base are just too high-strung for their own good. xrotatehx

Bison56
December 20th, 2017, 10:32 PM
Our fan base is sometimes its own worst enemy.

The streamers might only be 10 years old, but the origins go back to the '81-'82 hoops season when some enterprising [read: buzzed] students decided to throw rolls of toilet paper onto the court after the 1st basket. Became a thing that eventually became the streamers of today.

Some in our fan base are just too high-strung for their own good. xrotatehx

We all have them, it's good entertainment during the long wait for the game.xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
December 20th, 2017, 10:32 PM

I think we should ban green shirts from the natty. #screamyellow

:D

Bison56
December 20th, 2017, 10:35 PM
She'd probably the only JMU fan you're brave enough to laugh at Mr. manly man.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/svps.gif

You don't think he would laugh at you?

- - - Updated - - -

xdohx

Bisonoline
December 21st, 2017, 12:04 AM

I call for an investigation!!!!!!!!

TheKingpin28
December 21st, 2017, 01:02 AM

Followed by the #bringbacktheveer movement, right? xdrunkyx

POD Knows
December 21st, 2017, 08:34 AM

:DSecond that,

gsf23nd
December 21st, 2017, 09:24 AM

Yeah, I've yet to hear a team, after losing to JMU, come out and say, "You know, if it wasn't for those damn streamers we would have won that game."

mcveyrl
December 21st, 2017, 10:47 AM
Look guys, we have a secret...

Much like the long flowing locks of Sampson's hair gave him his biblical strength, the long flowing strands of purple and gold (and sometimes white/black) tissue paper give us our strength. Without it, we're no better than ISU...blue...This ban is like the shears of Delilah, sneaking behind us and emasculating our entire team. It's over.

Gil Dobie
December 21st, 2017, 11:47 AM
JMU is the Bison FBS game this year. That's the kind of game it will take to beat the Dukes. Keep the score close, get a few breaks, and make a final drive for a win.

dewey
December 21st, 2017, 12:51 PM
JMU is the Bison FBS game this year. That's the kind of game it will take to beat the Dukes. Keep the score close, get a few breaks, and make a final drive for a win.

Like carribebison has stated before this is a matchup of 2 top 30 FBS teams playing for the FCS title.

This should be a SLOBBERKNOCKER!

16 days to go folks.

Dewey

JayMYou
December 21st, 2017, 12:53 PM
Your a$$ is grass Bison, and here comes the lawn mower...

https://media.giphy.com/media/l49JJgvU0tyjhQzL2/giphy.gif

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2017, 01:16 PM
Tanguay and De\luca will be nice to have in this game compared to last year.

With both starting CBs out for the Bison, JMU will most certainly test them....I would. The 2 backups played pretty well against SHSU though.

Getting a pass rush on Schorr is a must.

VandalBasher
December 21st, 2017, 01:33 PM
History says it will be NDSU. But, JMU is on a path to being selected for FBS and their recruiting is evident of this. JMU by 7.

Hoboken Dukes
December 21st, 2017, 01:34 PM
i love the holier than thou fans on here claiming they wouldn't throw streamers because they're too classy to leave such a mess. toyota stadium shot confetti all over the place during the trophy presentation, infinitely more difficult to clean all that up.

i can't wait for the 4th quarter and jmu fans are tossing streamers after yet another touchdown, resulting in 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalties that we can just laugh off because we're up so much.

will be the same vibe as last year's relay race when the duke dog left the ysu penguin in the dust to the point that i felt sorry for the poor kid in that mascot costume.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2017, 01:37 PM
i love the holier than thou fans on here claiming they wouldn't throw streamers because they're too classy to leave such a mess. toyota stadium shot confetti all over the place during the trophy presentation, infinitely more difficult to clean all that up.

i can't wait for the 4th quarter and jmu fans are tossing streamers after yet another touchdown, resulting in 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalties that we can just laugh off because we're up so much.

will be the same vibe as last year's relay race when the duke dog left the ysu penguin in the dust to the point that i felt sorry for the poor kid in that mascot costume.

120 posts in 11 years....keep pacing yourself poindexter....xlolx

Bison56
December 21st, 2017, 01:52 PM

xlolx let it all out

centennial
December 21st, 2017, 01:55 PM

Can you do us flyover ****s a favor? Use some capitalization and punctuation. It's hard to read what you wrote, I know you don't have the time seeing that you are Mr. Moneybags. Maybe get your secretary to type as to not embarrass yourself?

Lorne_Malvo
December 21st, 2017, 01:56 PM
toyota stadium shot confetti all over the place during the trophy presentation, infinitely more difficult to clean all that up.

Ecofetti. Water soluble and is gone after rain or sprinkler hits it.

dewey
December 21st, 2017, 02:17 PM

The funny thing is you destroyed your argument in your post above.

Toyota Stadium shoots the confetti regardless of you wins the game. So confetti is infinitely more difficult to clean up, really? Infinitely?

LOL!

I could care less about the streamers my only concern would be if my kids got hit. Other than that I do not care about the streamers at all.

Dewey

dewey
December 21st, 2017, 02:19 PM
Here is a link to the Bison 1660 am Insiders show from today and Tuesdays (I am not sure where Wednesdays is).

https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/sets/the-insiders

Dewey

mcveyrl
December 21st, 2017, 02:31 PM
Like carribebison has stated before this is a matchup of 2 top 30 FBS teams playing for the FCS title.

This should be a SLOBBERKNOCKER!

16 days to go folks.

Dewey

I was thinking earlier: If you had to rank this as a bowl game, it’d be a top ten bowl, right?

dewey
December 21st, 2017, 02:35 PM
I was thinking earlier: If you had to rank this as a bowl game, it’d be a top ten bowl, right?

Personally through our biased eyes yes. Honestly it is top 20 for sure. I think this is a matchup of two very good, defensive, fundamentally sound teams and anyone that likes that style of football should enjoy this game.

I wouldn't rank any bowl game above the National Title game but I am undoubtedly a homer.

Here is a full list of the games (ugh there is a lot of yawn games). I put a yes, no or maybe next to the games I think I would like to watch.

https://patch.com/us/across-america/college-football-heres-complete-list-2017-2018-bowl-games

Dec. 16

Celebration Bowl
North Carolina A&T vs. Grambling State (Yes because they are FCS...did I watch? Nope.)
12 p.m., ABC
Mercedes-Benz Stadium
Atlanta

R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl (No)
Troy vs. North Texas
1 p.m., ESPN
Mercedes-Benz Superdome
New Orleans

AutoNation Cure Bowl (No)
Georgia State vs. Western Kentucky
2:30 p.m., CBSSN
Camping World Stadium
Orlando, Florida

Las Vegas Bowl (Maybe)
Boise State vs. Oregon
3:30 p.m., ABC
Sam Boyd Stadium
Las Vegas

Gildan New Mexico Bowl (No)
Marshall vs. Colorado State
4:30 p.m., ESPN
Branch Field at Dreamstyle Stadium
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Raycom Media Camellia Bowl (No)
Middle Tennessee State vs. Arkansas State
8 p.m., ESPN
Cramton Bowl
Montgomery, Alabama

Dec. 19

Boca Raton Bowl (No)
FAU vs. Akron
7 p.m., ESPN
Howard Schnellenberger Field at FAU Stadium
Boca Raton, Florida

Dec. 20

DXL Frisco Bowl (No...unless you want to see Toyota Stadium renovations before the game)
SMU vs. LA Tech
8 p.m., ESPN
Toyota Stadium
Frisco, Texas

Dec. 21

Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl (No)
Temple vs. FIU
8 p.m., ESPN
Tropicana Field
St. Petersburg, Florida

Dec. 22

Bahamas Bowl (No)
UAB vs. Ohio
12:30 p.m., ESPN
Thomas A. Robinson National Stadium
Nassau, Bahamas

Famous Idaho Potato Bowl (No)
Wyoming vs. Central Michigan
4 p.m., ESPN
Lyle Smith Field at Albertsons Stadium
Boise, Idaho

Dec. 23

Birmingham Bowl (No)
USF vs. Texas Tech
12 p.m., ESPN
Legion Field
Birmingham, Alabama

Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl (No)
Army vs. San Diego State
3:30 p.m., ESPN
Amon G. Carter Stadium
Fort Worth, Texas

Dollar General Bowl (No)
Appalachian State vs. Toledo
7 p.m., ESPN
Ladd-Peebles Stadium
Mobile, Alabama

Dec. 24

Hawai'i Bowl (No)
Fresno State vs. Houston
8:30 p.m., ESPN
Hawaiian Tel Federal Credit Union Field at Aloha Stadium
Honolulu

Dec. 26

Zaxby's Heart of Dallas Bowl (No)
West Virginia vs. Utah
1:30 p.m., ESPN
Cotton Bowl Stadium
Dallas

Quick Lane Bowl (No)
Duke vs. Northern Illinois
5:15 p.m., ESPN
Ford Field
Detroit

Cactus Bowl (Maybe)
UCLA vs. Kansas State
9 p.m., ESPN
Chase Field
Phoenix

Dec. 27

Walk-On's Independence Bowl (No)
Florida State vs. Southern Miss
Independence Stadium
Shreveport, Louisiana

New Era Pinstripe Bowl (No)
Boston College vs. Iowa
Yankee Stadium
New York

Foster Farms Bowl (No)
Arizona vs. Purdue
8:30 p.m., FOX
Levi's Stadium
Santa Clara, California

Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas Bowl (No)
Texas vs. Missouri
9 p.m., ESPN
NRG Stadium
Houston

Dec. 28

Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman (No)
Virginia vs. Navy
1:30 p.m. ESPN
Jack Stephens Field at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium
Annapolis, Maryland

Camping World Bowl (Maybe)
Oklahoma State vs. Virginia Tech
Camping World Stadium
Orlando, Florida

Valero Alamo Bowl (Maybe)
Stanford vs. TCU
9 p.m., ESPN
Alamodome
San Antonio, Texas

San Diego County Credit Holiday Bowl (Yes)
Michigan State vs. Washington State
9 p.m., FOX
Qualcomm Stadium
San Diego

Dec. 29

Belk Bowl (No)
Wake Forest vs. Texas A&M
1 p.m. ESPN
Bank of America Stadium
Charlotte, North Carolina

Hyundai Sun Bowl (No)
NC State vs. Arizona State
3 p.m., CBS
Sun Bowl Stadium
El Paso, Texas

Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl (No)
Kentucky vs. Northwestern
Nissan Stadium
Nashville, Tennessee

NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl (No)
New Mexico State vs. Utah State
5:30 p.m., CBSSN
Arizona Stadium
Tucson, Arizona

Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic (Yes)
USC vs. Ohio State
AT&T Stadium
Arlington, Texas

Dec. 30

TaxSlayer Bowl (Maybe)
Louisville vs. Mississippi State
Noon, ESPN
EverBank Field
Jacksonville, Florida

AutoZone Liberty Bowl (Yes)
Iowa State vs. Memphis
12:30 p.m., ABC
Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium
Memphis, Tennessee

PlayStation Fiesta Bowl (Yes)
Washington vs. Penn State
4 p.m., ESPN
University of Phoenix Stadium
Glendale, Arizona

Capital One Orange Bowl (Yes)
Wisconsin vs. Miami
8 p.m., ESPN
Hard Rock Stadium
Miami Gardens, Florida

Jan. 1

Outback Bowl (maybe)
Michigan vs. South Carolina
12 p.m., ESPN2
Raymond James Stadium
Tampa, Florida

Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl (Yes)
Auburn vs. UCF
Mercedes-Benz Stadium
Atlanta

Citrus Bowl Presented by Overton's (Maybe)
Notre Dame vs. LSU
1 p.m., ABC
Camping World Stadium
Orlando, Florida

Jan. 1

Rose Bowl (YES)
Oklahoma vs. Georgia
5:00pm ET
Pasadena, California

Allstate Sugar Bowl (YES)
Clemson vs. Alabama
8:45 p.m., ESPN
Mercedes-Benz Superdome
New Orleans

Jan. 8

CFP National Championship (YES)
8:00 p.m., ESPN
Mercedes-Benz Stadium
Atlanta

I got about 13 maybes and 8 yes.

Dewey

Green1
December 21st, 2017, 02:45 PM
Personally through our biased eyes yes. Honestly it is top 20 for sure. I think this is a matchup of two very good, defensive, fundamentally sound teams and anyone that likes that style of football should enjoy this game.

I wouldn't rank any bowl game above the National Title game but I am undoubtedly a homer.

Dewey

I completely agree with this thought. Although the playoff process has some inherent flaws, it is an infinitely better selection process for this game compared to the arbitrary way teams are selected for bowl games. In so much as can be expected, this should be an excellent game to watch, pitting two of the strongest teams available at this level of football. Every real football fan should have some level of interest in this game.

mcveyrl
December 21st, 2017, 02:46 PM
It would be interesting for somebody with more time on their hands than me to look at the average Sagarin ranking of the bowl games to see where this one would fall.

dewey
December 21st, 2017, 02:49 PM
I completely agree with this thought. Although the playoff process has some inherent flaws, it is an infinitely better selection process for this game compared to the arbitrary way teams are selected for bowl games. In so much as can be expected, this should be an excellent game to watch, pitting two of the strongest teams available at this level of football. Every real football fan should have some level of interest in this game.

As both of our teams have FBS chatter there is no way in heck I would go watch NDSU play in 75% of the bowl games above. It is great to go through the playoff system and crown a 'true' National Champion.

Dewey

Silenoz
December 21st, 2017, 02:50 PM

To be fair that game was the worst. In many ways.

dewey
December 21st, 2017, 02:50 PM
It would be interesting for somebody with more time on their hands than me to look at the average Sagarin ranking of the bowl games to see where this one would fall.

but...but...but isn't every FBS team better than every FCS team...LOL!!!

I still think NDSU and JMU are true top 25-30 teams in the FBS ranks.

Dewey

dewey
December 21st, 2017, 05:16 PM
Here is an article about the renovations to Toyota Stadium and some more.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4377779-renovation-ongoing-toyota-stadium-seating-ready-fcs-title-game

Dewey

centennial
December 21st, 2017, 05:23 PM
https://247sports.com/college/north-dakota-state/Article/2018-Bison-commits-react-to-NDSU-advancing-to-the-FCS-Championship-game-against-James-Madison-112380343

Ross basically says the same thing as me. Stick looks like a better QB. Some other interesting takes as well.

I actually expect NDSU to stay more in Cover 3 vs Cover 2 because I saw some looks in the SHSU game. I actually wish we played more Cover 3. Some of the Bison cover 3 looks were excellent.

Derby City Duke
December 21st, 2017, 06:42 PM

Here is a full list of the games (ugh there is a lot of yawn games). I put a yes, no or maybe next to the games I think I would like to watch.

https://patch.com/us/across-america/college-football-heres-complete-list-2017-2018-bowl-games

Dec. 16

Celebration Bowl
North Carolina A&T vs. Grambling State (Yes because they are FCS...did I watch? Nope.)
12 p.m., ABC
Mercedes-Benz Stadium
Atlanta

R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl (No)
Troy vs. North Texas
1 p.m., ESPN
Mercedes-Benz Superdome
New Orleans

AutoNation Cure Bowl (No)
Georgia State vs. Western Kentucky
2:30 p.m., CBSSN
Camping World Stadium
Orlando, Florida

Las Vegas Bowl (Maybe)
Boise State vs. Oregon
3:30 p.m., ABC
Sam Boyd Stadium
Las Vegas

Gildan New Mexico Bowl (No)
Marshall vs. Colorado State
Branch Field at Dreamstyle Stadium
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Raycom Media Camellia Bowl (No)
Middle Tennessee State vs. Arkansas State
8 p.m., ESPN
Cramton Bowl
Montgomery, Alabama

Dec. 19

Boca Raton Bowl (No)
FAU vs. Akron
7 p.m., ESPN
Howard Schnellenberger Field at FAU Stadium
Boca Raton, Florida

Dec. 20

DXL Frisco Bowl (No...unless you want to see Toyota Stadium renovations before the game)
SMU vs. LA Tech
8 p.m., ESPN
Toyota Stadium
Frisco, Texas

Dec. 21

Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl (No)
Temple vs. FIU
8 p.m., ESPN
Tropicana Field
St. Petersburg, Florida

Dec. 22

Bahamas Bowl (No)
UAB vs. Ohio
Thomas A. Robinson National Stadium
Nassau, Bahamas

Famous Idaho Potato Bowl (No)
Wyoming vs. Central Michigan
4 p.m., ESPN
Lyle Smith Field at Albertsons Stadium
Boise, Idaho

Dec. 23

Birmingham Bowl (No)
USF vs. Texas Tech
12 p.m., ESPN
Legion Field
Birmingham, Alabama

Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl (No)
Army vs. San Diego State
3:30 p.m., ESPN
Amon G. Carter Stadium
Fort Worth, Texas

Dollar General Bowl (No)
Appalachian State vs. Toledo
7 p.m., ESPN
Ladd-Peebles Stadium
Mobile, Alabama

Dec. 24

Hawai'i Bowl (No)
Fresno State vs. Houston
Hawaiian Tel Federal Credit Union Field at Aloha Stadium
Honolulu

Dec. 26

Zaxby's Heart of Dallas Bowl (No)
West Virginia vs. Utah
Cotton Bowl Stadium
Dallas

Quick Lane Bowl (No)
Duke vs. Northern Illinois
Ford Field
Detroit

Cactus Bowl (Maybe)
UCLA vs. Kansas State
9 p.m., ESPN
Chase Field
Phoenix

Dec. 27

Walk-On's Independence Bowl (No)
Florida State vs. Southern Miss
Independence Stadium
Shreveport, Louisiana

New Era Pinstripe Bowl (No)
Boston College vs. Iowa
Yankee Stadium
New York

Foster Farms Bowl (No)
Arizona vs. Purdue
8:30 p.m., FOX
Levi's Stadium
Santa Clara, California

Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas Bowl (No)
Texas vs. Missouri
9 p.m., ESPN
NRG Stadium
Houston

Dec. 28

Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman (No)
Virginia vs. Navy
1:30 p.m. ESPN
Jack Stephens Field at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium
Annapolis, Maryland

Camping World Bowl (Maybe)
Oklahoma State vs. Virginia Tech
Camping World Stadium
Orlando, Florida

Valero Alamo Bowl (Maybe)
Stanford vs. TCU
9 p.m., ESPN
Alamodome
San Antonio, Texas

San Diego County Credit Holiday Bowl (Yes)
Michigan State vs. Washington State
9 p.m., FOX
Qualcomm Stadium
San Diego

Dec. 29

Belk Bowl (No)
Wake Forest vs. Texas A&M
1 p.m. ESPN
Bank of America Stadium
Charlotte, North Carolina

Hyundai Sun Bowl (No)
NC State vs. Arizona State
3 p.m., CBS
Sun Bowl Stadium
El Paso, Texas

Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl (No)
Kentucky vs. Northwestern
Nissan Stadium
Nashville, Tennessee

NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl (No)
New Mexico State vs. Utah State
5:30 p.m., CBSSN
Arizona Stadium
Tucson, Arizona

Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic (Yes)
USC vs. Ohio State
AT&T Stadium
Arlington, Texas

Dec. 30

TaxSlayer Bowl (Maybe)
Louisville vs. Mississippi State
Noon, ESPN
EverBank Field
Jacksonville, Florida

AutoZone Liberty Bowl (Yes)
Iowa State vs. Memphis
12:30 p.m., ABC
Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium
Memphis, Tennessee

PlayStation Fiesta Bowl (Yes)
Washington vs. Penn State
4 p.m., ESPN
University of Phoenix Stadium
Glendale, Arizona

Capital One Orange Bowl (Yes)
Wisconsin vs. Miami
8 p.m., ESPN
Hard Rock Stadium
Miami Gardens, Florida

Jan. 1

Outback Bowl (maybe)
Michigan vs. South Carolina
12 p.m., ESPN2
Raymond James Stadium
Tampa, Florida

Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl (Yes)
Auburn vs. UCF
Mercedes-Benz Stadium
Atlanta

Citrus Bowl Presented by Overton's (Maybe)
Notre Dame vs. LSU
1 p.m., ABC
Camping World Stadium
Orlando, Florida

Jan. 1

Rose Bowl (YES)
Oklahoma vs. Georgia
5:00pm ET
Pasadena, California

Allstate Sugar Bowl (YES)
Clemson vs. Alabama
8:45 p.m., ESPN
Mercedes-Benz Superdome
New Orleans

Jan. 8

CFP National Championship (YES)
8:00 p.m., ESPN
Mercedes-Benz Stadium
Atlanta

I got about 13 maybes and 8 yes.

Dewey

Of all your 'Nos' I would only watch 2:

1. Armed Forces (Army vs. the other SDSU): as a retired soldier it's always fun to watch the guys who will join my old team next summer,

and

2. Military Bowl (Virginia vs. Navy): always fun to see UVa get ground into the turf by anybody.

xcoolx

Bison56
December 21st, 2017, 06:46 PM

1. Armed Forces (Army vs. the other SDSU): as a retired soldier it's always fun to watch the guys who will join my old team next summer,

and

2. Military Bowl (Virginia vs. Navy): always fun to see UVa get ground into the turf by anybody.

xcoolx
Thank you for your service.

centennial
December 21st, 2017, 07:03 PM

and

xcoolx
As long as you dislike UVA, we cool.

Derby City Duke
December 21st, 2017, 07:06 PM
As both of our teams have FBS chatter there is no way in heck I would go watch NDSU play in 75% of the bowl games above. It is great to go through the playoff system and crown a 'true' National Champion.

Dewey

I would probably go see JMU more than once, though probably not the same destination (with a caveat if we were to move to the AAC), depending on location and conference tie-ins.

Most likely destination for JMU conference-wise (most to least likely, IMO) C-USA, if re-configured, AAC, MAC, SBC.

AAC destinations I'd go would be Birmingham and Military Bowls. Can get to Birmingham easiy by car; think going to a game at any of the miltary academies would be a cool experience. I would probably go to Birmingham as a repeat destination (game + friends in the area).

C-USA: once only and probably St. Pete (Bad Boy Mowers)

MAC: Quicken Loans once (Detroit)

Sun Belt: Camellia (Montgomery); maybe a repeat destination as have really good friends just outside Montgomery.

No other destinations interest me very much.

Derby City Duke
December 21st, 2017, 07:10 PM
As long as you dislike UVA, we cool.

They played the Soviet National team in a basketball exhibition in the very early 80s, while I was a student at JMU. My mom called me and asked me, 'who are you rooting for?'

I could only promise to not root against UVa...:D

Professor Chaos
December 21st, 2017, 07:15 PM
Here is an article about the renovations to Toyota Stadium and some more.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4377779-renovation-ongoing-toyota-stadium-seating-ready-fcs-title-game

Dewey
I was surprised to read that Toyota Stadium capacity even with the new endzone seats is still only just above 18,000. Every year from 2011-2015 attendance was nearly at or above 20,000 and in two of those years (2012 and 2015) it was over 21,000. I'd assume once that club area above the endzone seats gets added it'll increase capacity maybe closer to the 19,000 range but still seems like this whole renovation is going to cost about 2,000 seats. That's disappointing considering the fact that there have been huge secondary ticket market mark ups every time the Bison have been down there.

dewey
December 21st, 2017, 07:49 PM

and

xcoolxCompletely understandable.

Thank you for your service.

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jmufan999
December 22nd, 2017, 09:56 AM
any updates on Wimbush, Allison, and Brooks? I've heard the corners are out, but i haven't heard anything confirmed.

kdinva
December 22nd, 2017, 10:09 AM
I was surprised to read that Toyota Stadium capacity even with the new endzone seats is still only just above 18,000. .

me, too......with the popularity of soccer there, no less, I thought the stadium would be tweaked to hold 26,000+..

JayMYou
December 22nd, 2017, 10:32 AM
While I think a steamer ban takes a bit of the fun out of JMU's experience, it's nothing compared to them holding this game in a venue that can't support demand for tickets. A big part of that of course is seating. They need to host this at a stadium that can seat 30k minimum. It's better that some years the stadium goes half-empty than they have games where they're turning fans away, which leads to frustration instead of this being an opportunity to build up support for the event.

As a result of limited seating, we come to another big issue- ticket pre-sales. The last thing the FCS level needs is "prospectors" gobbling up tickets so they can profit on collegiate sports. The sale of tickets should be done through a controlled mechanism so that the majority of profit goes back into the athletic/academic system, not some dirt bag's pocket. I get that some fans want to buy ahead of time so they can be sure they'll get to attend, but my point above (seating capacity) should take care of that. The more these slime bags are successful at price gouging, the more they're going to do it.

BisonFan02
December 22nd, 2017, 10:33 AM
any updates on Wimbush, Allison, and Brooks? I've heard the corners are out, but i haven't heard anything confirmed.

I'm sure all are done....only definitive one would be Allison. If there are any REAL updates, we won't get them till just before gametime/day before. That includes Lance Dunn.

centennial
December 22nd, 2017, 10:34 AM
Ty Brooks has a outside chance. He is our best RB IMO. Especially since Lance Dunn is out. Bruce is good too, patient runner.

Allison I can't see back. Wimbush I don't know.

centennial
December 22nd, 2017, 10:36 AM
I'm sure all are done....only definitive one would be Allison. If there are any REAL updates, we won't get them till just before gametime/day before. That includes Lance Dunn.

If we have Ty Brooks, Lance Dunn, and Bruce Anderson. Combined that might as good as a top10 RB core in all of college football.

POD Knows
December 22nd, 2017, 11:00 AM
While I think a steamer ban takes a bit of the fun out of JMU's experience, it's nothing compared to them holding this game in a venue that can't support demand for tickets. A big part of that of course is seating. They need to host this at a stadium that can seat 30k minimum. It's better that some years the stadium goes half-empty than they have games where they're turning fans away, which leads to frustration instead of this being an opportunity to build up support for the event.

As a result of limited seating, we come to another big issue- ticket pre-sales. The last thing the FCS level needs is "prospectors" gobbling up tickets so they can profit on collegiate sports. The sale of tickets should be done through a controlled mechanism so that the majority of profit goes back into the athletic/academic system, not some dirt bag's pocket. I get that some fans want to buy ahead of time so they can be sure they'll get to attend, but my point above (seating capacity) should take care of that. The more these slime bags are successful at price gouging, the more they're going to do it.There is a real chance this year that tickets stay above $300, and I agree with basically everything you say here. I am going to make a decision today as to whether or not I go to the game, I can afford the ticket prices but will not pay for a 600% mark-up to a scalper, **** em. I have always had tickets in advance of the game and there were always tickets to be had right at game time, except I got a feeling this year that might be different, both of these fan bases travel really well, that hasn't been the case in the other games the Bison played in. There were always tickets available, this year is going to be tough.

BisonFanAnn
December 22nd, 2017, 11:38 AM
"It's better that some years the stadium goes half-empty than they have games where they're turning fans away"

That might be better for the fans, but I doubt it's better for the venue. If I understand correctly, venues (cities?) bid on the opportunity to host the game. If no stadium of 30-35K seats puts in a bid, there is no way to move the game. So efforts should not be toward the NCAA to change the venue; it should be toward a desired venue to submit a competitive bid.

As for pre-sales: I've bought tickets the day they go on sale in August the last 3 years. We have a group of 12, coming from all over the country. We like to be assured of tickets to the game, and we like the hospitality wristbands. Last year I sold the tickets on Flash (for a modest profit), and sold the wristbands to a YSU fan (whose son happened to be on the team) at a slight loss. If that makes me a slime bag, so be it.

FargoBison
December 22nd, 2017, 11:45 AM
I wonder if Nashville will put in a bid, their new MLS stadium(30k seats is perfect)....

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/2a06856278f1acad9560e1188b1698edc8773cd2/c=161-0-1119-720&r=x408&c=540x405/local/-/media/2017/08/14/TennGroup/Clarksville/636383221361860988-Bowl-North-Endzone-XL-MLS-2-.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2017, 11:54 AM
I wonder if Nashville will put in a bid, their new MLS stadium(30k seats is perfect)....

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/2a06856278f1acad9560e1188b1698edc8773cd2/c=161-0-1119-720&r=x408&c=540x405/local/-/media/2017/08/14/TennGroup/Clarksville/636383221361860988-Bowl-North-Endzone-XL-MLS-2-.jpg

30K would be nice this year I would bet....

POD Knows
December 22nd, 2017, 11:54 AM

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/2a06856278f1acad9560e1188b1698edc8773cd2/c=161-0-1119-720&r=x408&c=540x405/local/-/media/2017/08/14/TennGroup/Clarksville/636383221361860988-Bowl-North-Endzone-XL-MLS-2-.jpgNashville would be sweet

JayMYou
December 22nd, 2017, 11:59 AM
"It's better that some years the stadium goes half-empty than they have games where they're turning fans away"

That might be better for the fans, but I doubt it's better for the venue. If I understand correctly, venues (cities?) bid on the opportunity to host the game. If no stadium of 30-35K seats puts in a bid, there is no way to move the game. So efforts should not be toward the NCAA to change the venue; it should be toward a desired venue to submit a competitive bid.

As for pre-sales: I've bought tickets the day they go on sale in August the last 3 years. We have a group of 12, coming from all over the country. We like to be assured of tickets to the game, and we like the hospitality wristbands. Last year I sold the tickets on Flash (for a modest profit), and sold the wristbands to a YSU fan (whose son happened to be on the team) at a slight loss. If that makes me a slime bag, so be it.

I would hope any city bidding to host would recognize the majority of revenue isn't coming from ticket sales, fans will spend far more on hotels, rentals, meals, etc. He11, the city should help with the ticket costs to encourage as many people as possible to visit their city during a non-peak time of the year, and build goodwill towards future visits. This year's game could have held another 5k-10k fans so that is a big revenue loss. Most of these stadiums are sitting empty this time of year, maybe there are even some FBS schools with an off-campus stadium that should think about hosting it as well. This should be the "crown jewel" of NCAA football events since they don't sponsor an FBS playoff game, I'd think they'd have a bigger vision of playing this up more but so much for their view of FCS.

As for re-selling tickets, I never said it shouldn't be done for a "modest profit". I'm obviously referring to making hundreds of dollars on an $80 ticket. I have to think most folks trying to sell them for $500+ either had no intention of going in the first place, or are opportunists looking to take advantage of their own friggin fan base. I'd hope most true fans that needed to sell, would sell them to their fellow fans at no/little profit. There is no way a collegiate event at this level should see fans paying this kind of extortion.

JayMYou
December 22nd, 2017, 12:01 PM

That type of stadium is even better because they could open/close the upper levels based on demand so the smaller games wouldn't seem as empty.

Bisonator
December 22nd, 2017, 12:06 PM
My guess is Brooks will play, I think the corners are out.

Lorne_Malvo
December 22nd, 2017, 01:03 PM
My guess is Brooks will play, I think the corners are out.

Seth Wilson seems to be legit. If he can take half of the carries designated for Brooks and have success it will be a blessing.

ngineer
December 22nd, 2017, 02:23 PM
That type of stadium is even better because they could open/close the upper levels based on demand so the smaller games wouldn't seem as empty.

Looks great. Great sight lines. Plus not as far a trip to make AND a city with a lot to do.

TennBison
December 22nd, 2017, 05:47 PM

As a result of limited seating, we come to another big issue- ticket pre-sales. The last thing the FCS level needs is "prospectors" gobbling up tickets so they can profit on collegiate sports. The sale of tickets should be done through a controlled mechanism so that the majority of profit goes back into the athletic/academic system, not some dirt bag's pocket. I get that some fans want to buy ahead of time so they can be sure they'll get to attend, but my point above (seating capacity) should take care of that. The more these slime bags are successful at price gouging, the more they're going to do it.
Probably not going to happen. Mostly for the fear that two teams who have fans that don't travel worth a damn make it to the NC. Who wants a 30K stadium with only 10K total fans in it for that.

Longhorn
December 22nd, 2017, 06:16 PM
I think they are better than North Dakota States, but the Bison bring the LB's

Let me ask JMU fans a question

It seemed SDSU was really going after#6 early in that game, but he played really well

Is he your weak link in the DB? or were the Jackrabies just crazy for going after this guy Moreland?

I think it was more a "pick your poison" kind of choice. Jimmy Mooreland (#6) is a truly outstanding CB (and a RJR), and while Mooreland posted 3 INTs against SDSU, it wasn't like those were his first INTs. Mooreland is a great cover guy, and he has the speed and athleticism to cover any WR in FCS. If there's a fault to be found, he's very aggressive, and his aggressiveness will draw PIs, so perhaps that's the reason SDSU decided to test him.

NDSUtk
December 22nd, 2017, 06:42 PM
Probably not going to happen. Mostly for the fear that two teams who have fans that don't travel worth a damn make it to the NC. Who wants a 30K stadium with only 10K total fans in it for that.

Bowl games?

I would hope any city bidding to host would recognize the majority of revenue isn't coming from ticket sales, fans will spend far more on hotels, rentals, meals, etc. He11,
Did you really just use two number ones for the Ls in hell??? Do you say h-e-double hockey sticks when you verbalize it?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
December 22nd, 2017, 06:55 PM
I don't get why the fear of having two teams that don't travel is such a prevalent excuse for playing at a sub-20k stadium when for the last 7 years a 30k stadium would've been well over half full every year and close to full if not completely full 3 times probably (including this year). If they're planning for the worst case at the expense of the best case it's a messed up business model.

TennBison
December 22nd, 2017, 07:24 PM
I don't get why the fear of having two teams that don't travel is such a prevalent excuse for playing at a sub-20k stadium when for the last 7 years a 30k stadium would've been well over half full every year and close to full if not completely full 3 times probably (including this year). If they're planning for the worst case at the expense of the best case it's a messed up business model.
Because unless NDSU and/or JMU are there each year the attendance is going to suck. Who in their right mind is going to bid to host a game if it isn't going to fill the stadium in order to make money. Why would Frisco bid if attendance hovered around 8-9 thousand. NDSU pretty much on its own in the past has insured that Frisco has been a huge success.

Nickels
December 22nd, 2017, 07:26 PM
Bison are as hot as JMU was last year. They take this one.
Have fun in Frisco fellas.

cx500d
December 22nd, 2017, 07:57 PM
I think it was more a "pick your poison" kind of choice. Jimmy Mooreland (#6) is a truly outstanding CB (and a RJR), and while Mooreland posted 3 INTs against SDSU, it wasn't like those were his first INTs. Mooreland is a great cover guy, and he has the speed and athleticism to cover any WR in FCS. If there's a fault to be found, he's very aggressive, and his aggressiveness will draw PIs, so perhaps that's the reason SDSU decided to test him.

Who didn’t have 3 interceptions in that game? I think the fan that attempted the field goal from the 50 at halftime to win a toaster had two himself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
December 22nd, 2017, 08:25 PM
Because unless NDSU and/or JMU are there each year the attendance is going to suck. Who in their right mind is going to bid to host a game if it isn't going to fill the stadium in order to make money. Why would Frisco bid if attendance hovered around 8-9 thousand. NDSU pretty much on its own in the past has insured that Frisco has been a huge success.
There's plenty of other schools like Montana, Montana St, Jacksonville St, and a host of nearby Southland schools like McNeese, SFA, or SHSU that could bring 10k or more. And chances are one of those teams is going to be in it every year. In the years where it's not... oh well, play it in front of a stadium that's two thirds empty. It's a better alternative than pricing or freezing out a whole load of fans in the years where two such teams who travel well are in the game.

Derby City Duke
December 22nd, 2017, 08:40 PM
Nashville would be sweet

With a 3-hour drive, I would go every year.

th0m
December 23rd, 2017, 02:57 AM

Wait I thought it was decided that JMU NDSU will be the title game every year going forward?

TennBison
December 23rd, 2017, 04:50 PM
Wait I thought it was decided that JMU NDSU will be the title game every year going forward?
Nope. Due to JMU blowing its entire budget on streamers it can no longer use for the championship game, JMU has announced that they will be shutting down the football program starting next year.

NDSUtk
December 23rd, 2017, 05:27 PM
By far the MVP for JMU:
https://twitter.com/OldRowRadChicks/status/944707195500924928

Lorne_Malvo
December 23rd, 2017, 05:44 PM
I expect SDSU to hijack the NDSU plane, drug and tie all the players and coaches, steal their unis and take the field against JMU in a crazy attempt for redemption.

TennBison
December 23rd, 2017, 08:06 PM
I was a little upset last year when NDSU decided to let someone else see what it was like to win a championship. I said be careful now as you will see that they are going to be very ungrateful and think that they did it out of shear determination and desire. And not even comprehend that NDSU allowed it to happen that way. So you can imagine just how happy I was when I heard that the Bison announced that they decided not to allow another team to experience the feeling of winning a championship this year for sure, and any future years until they show proper respect and start giving better praise and offerings to the mighty BISON.

Lorne_Malvo
December 23rd, 2017, 08:23 PM
I was a little upset last year when NDSU decided to let someone else see what it was like to win a championship. I said be careful now as you will see that they are going to be very ungrateful and think that they did it out of shear determination and desire. And not even comprehend that NDSU allowed it to happen that way. So you can imagine just how happy I was when I heard that the Bison announced that they decided not to allow another team to experience the feeling of winning a championship this year for sure, and any future years until they show proper respect and start giving better praise and offerings to the mighty BISON.

https://summitacademies.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/RandomActofKindness.jpg

Twentysix
December 23rd, 2017, 08:42 PM
I was a little upset last year when NDSU decided to let someone else see what it was like to win a championship. I said be careful now as you will see that they are going to be very ungrateful and think that they did it out of shear determination and desire. And not even comprehend that NDSU allowed it to happen that way. So you can imagine just how happy I was when I heard that the Bison announced that they decided not to allow another team to experience the feeling of winning a championship this year for sure, and any future years until they show proper respect and start giving better praise and offerings to the mighty BISON.Rofl this is probably the best post I've ever seen on this board.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
December 23rd, 2017, 09:16 PM

Chattown, is that you?

TennBison
December 24th, 2017, 12:58 PM
By far the MVP for JMU:
https://twitter.com/OldRowRadChicks/status/944707195500924928

She didn't go to JMU, she clearly has a hat on that says Columbia.

Serpentor
December 24th, 2017, 02:12 PM

*Barf*

Green1
December 24th, 2017, 04:33 PM
*Barf*

I think that is the reaction he was looking for! xthumbsupx

Gil Dobie
December 25th, 2017, 06:49 PM
Surprised the poll is so close. Assumed JMU would have a sizable advantage.

Bison56
December 25th, 2017, 08:11 PM
Surprised the poll is so close. Assumed JMU would have a sizable advantage.

You would think since they are pretty much a lock to win it.

TennBison
December 25th, 2017, 08:54 PM
Please tell me this is a bad joke.
http://csnbbs.com/thread-837660-post...ml#pid14930348 (http://csnbbs.com/thread-837660-post-14930348.html#pid14930348)

Do these nut jobs even realize that 70% of their athletic budget comes from student fees. Back in 2015 35 Million, 70%, came from student fees to finance the athletic budget. I don't know what their athletic budget is for 2017 but cost only go up, not down so it will be more. And they don't even offer FCOA (wink wink nudge nudge NDSU does). So no, if you use the JMU model of budget and finances, NDSU is not going to match the JMU "commitment" (money) to football. NDSU is not going to rape their students in order to fund football and all of its other sports.

BisonFan02
December 25th, 2017, 09:06 PM
http://csnbbs.com/thread-837660-post...ml#pid14930348 (http://csnbbs.com/thread-837660-post-14930348.html#pid14930348)

Do these nut jobs even realize that 70% of their athletic budget comes from student fees. Back in 2015 35 Million, 70%, came from student fees to finance the athletic budget. I don't know what their athletic budget is for 2017 but cost only go up, not down so it will be more. And they don't even offer FCOA (wink wink nudge nudge NDSU does). So no, if you use the JMU model of budget and finances, NDSU is not going to match the JMU "commitment" (money) to football. NDSU is not going to rape their students in order to fund football and all of its other sports.

Could you imagine if NDSU even attempted to drop 70% of the AD bill to the students and how it would be received locally in the media and state? xlolx

Derby City Duke
December 25th, 2017, 09:07 PM
Merry Christmas to all the Bison fans! Wishing you all a happy and prosperous 2018, with the obvious exception of January 6th. :)

TennBison
December 25th, 2017, 09:21 PM

Actually, I need to stand somewhat corrected, the article goes on to explain that some of the wording in the budget might not fall under the actual athletic budget or sports. It claims that under the wording of the Cox Bill that only 58% of the athletic budget comes from student fees. Even though student fees still accounted for $35 million that was used towards sport outright or other areas that stemmed from sport indirectly. Basically they found a way to word things so they could legally show that less of their budget came from student fees. Which is convenient considering the state law in Va having a cap on it and their aspirations to go to FBS at some point.
FYI, JMUs athletic budget was $45 million in 2015. So how they can claim that $35 million is 58% of $45 million is beyond me. It actually seems closer to 76%. Maybe it is that new math I have been hearing all about.

TheKingpin28
December 25th, 2017, 09:23 PM
Could you imagine if NDSU even attempted to drop 70% of the AD bill to the students and how it would be received locally in the media and state? xlolx

In order as to what would happen:

1st: Students would riot and it would be a total BMS scene where the fans are drunk enough to riot but not drunk enough to pass out or be subdued.

2nd: Bisonville, well Bisonville would be Bisonville.

3rd: Lee Timmerman would be way too excited to not show his gleefulness. He would mention how GFCC would never do this and then make a statement about how Bismarck is still under-funding GFCC and try to subtlely attempt to backhand NDSU football by saying they are not THE PRIORITY in the State of North Dakota.

4th-7th: The Forum would subltely complain about how they were not the ones to break the story and how everything has to go through them in order for it to be sanctioned or true.

4th-7th: Mike McFooley would write about how he was the only one to know this was happening and then probably start a rumor about how Larsen was headed to a different school to be the assistant AD after doing this; followed by some "parable" as to why he knows all and we should listen to him more often.

4th-7th: Kolpack would write about way back in the day, this never would have happened, and how NDSU needs to go back to the "glory days" and not do something like this.

4th-7th: Dom Izzo would just sit there and say, well this is not the end of the world and try and offer up a reason why this can be a good thing, but all the while, he knows where it is headed and Kolpack and him would try and calm BisoNation and the students down while McFooley continues to try and rile them up.

8th: AGS would create at least 2 threads about this and then it would turn into a MVFC type of thread before page 3.

FargoBison
December 26th, 2017, 12:03 AM
In order as to what would happen:

1st: Students would riot and it would be a total BMS scene where the fans are drunk enough to riot but not drunk enough to pass out or be subdued.

2nd: Bisonville, well Bisonville would be Bisonville.

3rd: Lee Timmerman would be way too excited to not show his gleefulness. He would mention how GFCC would never do this and then make a statement about how Bismarck is still under-funding GFCC and try to subtlely attempt to backhand NDSU football by saying they are not THE PRIORITY in the State of North Dakota.

4th-7th: The Forum would subltely complain about how they were not the ones to break the story and how everything has to go through them in order for it to be sanctioned or true.

4th-7th: Mike McFooley would write about how he was the only one to know this was happening and then probably start a rumor about how Larsen was headed to a different school to be the assistant AD after doing this; followed by some "parable" as to why he knows all and we should listen to him more often.

4th-7th: Kolpack would write about way back in the day, this never would have happened, and how NDSU needs to go back to the "glory days" and not do something like this.

4th-7th: Dom Izzo would just sit there and say, well this is not the end of the world and try and offer up a reason why this can be a good thing, but all the while, he knows where it is headed and Kolpack and him would try and calm BisoNation and the students down while McFooley continues to try and rile them up.

8th: AGS would create at least 2 threads about this and then it would turn into a MVFC type of thread before page 3.

Pretty sure #1 would be Rob Port looking something like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFtaCLDLrMg

TheKingpin28
December 26th, 2017, 12:53 AM

I try and pretend that he does not exist. The less we mention him, the less bandwidth he gets, and eventually/hopefully, he will just disappear for the sake of mankind.

th0m
December 26th, 2017, 06:03 AM

Are you trying to get a point across? If so, shouldn’t you post it on the thread you linked to? I think you’re mostly preaching to the choir here.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 26th, 2017, 06:47 AM
Are you trying to get a point across? If so, shouldn’t you post it on the thread you linked to? I think you’re mostly preaching to the choir here.

Pretty easy "point" to me. JMU's students fund the bloated AD budget. Not hard to figure that out in what he said.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 26th, 2017, 06:49 AM

How true....xlolx

Wonder if Port knows what doing 'cardio' means and also not visiting Pizza Ranch so much....xlolx

BisonBacker
December 26th, 2017, 06:50 AM
How true....xlolx

Wonder if Port knows what doing 'cardio' means and also not visiting Pizza Ranch so much....xlolx

Pizza ranch's food is garbage.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 26th, 2017, 06:53 AM

pretty much agree with this.

You ever come up in this area, go check out the Ness Café in Erskine....everything is homemade there. Really good. GF Paper had an article on them yesterday or the day before. Probably online still.

POD Knows
December 26th, 2017, 08:15 AM
pretty much agree with this.

You ever come up in this area, go check out the Ness Café in Erskine....everything is homemade there. Really good. GF Paper had an article on them yesterday or the day before. Probably online still.I have eaten at the Ness Cafe, breakfast, pretty decent.

KPSUL
December 26th, 2017, 09:19 AM

You're not really paying any attention to what gets posted on "Duke's Domain" are you? The mainstays of that board are delusional. Although Mike Houston is now making them seem like prophetic geniuses no matter how crazy they really are. One of the better JMU and CAA posters on AGS was driven off Dukes Domain board several years ago for attempting to be slightly reasonable.

Green1
December 26th, 2017, 09:44 AM

Garbage in, garbage out. :)

Gil Dobie
December 26th, 2017, 09:51 AM
So the Bison are on defense after the kick-off, do they hold JMU on that first drive?

jmufan999
December 26th, 2017, 09:54 AM
So the Bison are on defense after the kick-off, do they hold JMU on that first drive?

we've only scored two TD's on opening drives all season. i think half have been punts. several interceptions. we're notoriously slow starters but are great in the 2nd half.

caribbeanhen
December 26th, 2017, 10:00 AM

I think both JMU and the Bison will be shut down on Offense to a large degree in this game..... probably be an ugly game unless you like Defense, and I do!

BisonBacker
December 26th, 2017, 10:50 AM
we've only scored two TD's on opening drives all season. i think half have been punts. several interceptions. we're notoriously slow starters but are great in the 2nd half.

Interesting as the Bison are the same way. Coaches make great halftime adjustments and it shows in the 2nd. Also NDSU typically wears down the opposing teams Lines over the course of the game. Looking forward to this game as it should be a good one.

ElCid
December 26th, 2017, 10:52 AM
Is it January yet?

BisonBacker
December 26th, 2017, 10:54 AM
Is it January yet?

Ain't that the truth!

POD Knows
December 26th, 2017, 10:54 AM
Pizza ranch's food is garbage.Their chicken is decent but the quality from place to place with that chain is unbelievable. Go to the one in Lisbon, ND which is really pretty decent and then go to Jamestown, which both times I was there was beyond bad for some reason.

NDSUtmmkr
December 26th, 2017, 11:21 AM
Is it January yet?
No kidding!

KPSUL
December 26th, 2017, 01:51 PM

Yes, and it won't be a big accomplishment. Every opponent except SDSU has kept them out of the end zone on their 1st drive.

jmufan999
December 26th, 2017, 02:15 PM
Yes, and it won't be a big accomplishment. Every opponent except SDSU has kept them out of the end zone on their 1st drive.

SDSU forced a punt on our first drive. we only scored opening drive TDs against Elon and ETSU.

DirtyDukes
December 26th, 2017, 02:48 PM
One of the better JMU and CAA posters on AGS was driven off Dukes Domain board several years ago for attempting to be slightly reasonable.

Who was that? I honestly can't picture anyone who was previously active and added value and is no longer on there.

Bisonator
December 26th, 2017, 04:48 PM
You're not really paying any attention to what gets posted on "Duke's Domain" are you? The mainstays of that board are delusional. Although Mike Houston is now making them seem like prophetic geniuses no matter how crazy they really are. One of the better JMU and CAA posters on AGS was driven off Dukes Domain board several years ago for attempting to be slightly reasonable.
Lakes is a fricking "moderator" there! Think about that for a bit!xlolx

mcveyrl
December 26th, 2017, 04:49 PM
I thought we scored on our first drive against Stony Brook, but I'm too lazy to confirm...

EDIT: Felt guilty about being so lazy. We did score on the first drive.

BisonTru
December 26th, 2017, 05:11 PM
Their chicken is decent but the quality from place to place with that chain is unbelievable. Go to the one in Lisbon, ND which is really pretty decent and then go to Jamestown, which both times I was there was beyond bad for some reason.

This is true. Lisbon one there is civility and normal pizza.

Try the Moorhead one. First off, 80% of the pizzas they make are ****ing weird like buffalo chicken with green olives or meatlovers with pineapple. No one goes thru the line the right way. Since man kind started buffets they start at the plates. Not in Moorhead's Pizza Ranch. Get your plate by the hoard of animals watching for the next batch of chicken and then smash your way towards pizza ignoring anyone around you.

The silver lining, if you just want a salad, that line is always empty. Most of their clientele hasn't eaten a salad in a decade.

cx500d
December 26th, 2017, 05:16 PM

They never hold anybody on the first drive

POD Knows
December 26th, 2017, 05:20 PM
This is true. Lisbon one there is civility and normal pizza.

Try the Moorhead one. First off, 80% of the pizzas they make are ****ing weird like buffalo chicken with green olives or meatlovers with pineapple. No one goes thru the line the right way. Since man kind started buffets they start at the plates. Not in Moorhead's Pizza Ranch. Get your plate by the hoard of animals watching for the next batch of chicken and then smash your way towards pizza ignoring anyone around you.

The silver lining, if you just want a salad, that line is always empty. Most of their clientele hasn't eaten a salad in a decade.:D They have salad at Pizza Ranch? I bet that is fresh and awesome. I have never eaten at any of the Pizza Ranches in Moorhead or Fargo, I will eat at them in little towns once in while when there is nothing else to eat. Their Pizza is very average but their dessert pizza is good and chicken is OK, sometimes.

DirtyDukes
December 26th, 2017, 05:37 PM
Lakes is a fricking "moderator" there! Think about that for a bit!xlolx

He's a moderator of the NDSU board on the CSNBBS where Dukes Domain is, but not a moderator of our board.

Professor Chaos
December 26th, 2017, 06:11 PM
That seems odd considering Houston's insistence on taking the ball if they win the toss. Unless wind/precip is a factor Klieman always defers. Makes sense if your MO is being a 2nd half team.

Bisonator
December 26th, 2017, 06:11 PM
He's a moderator of the NDSU board on the CSNBBS where Dukes Domain is, but not a moderator of our board.

There's no NDSU board, it's just Lakes talking to himself.xlolx

Bisonoline
December 26th, 2017, 07:11 PM
:D They have salad at Pizza Ranch? I bet that is fresh and awesome. I have never eaten at any of the Pizza Ranches in Moorhead or Fargo, I will eat at them in little towns once in while when there is nothing else to eat. Their Pizza is very average but their dessert pizza is good and chicken is OK, sometimes.

We went up to Devils Lakes for some fishing. Cant remember where is was at but we asked if there were any new GOOD places to eat. The lady was almost in orgasmic gyrations while telling us we HAD to eat at Pizza Ranch. We has already made that mistake in another town so we thanked her and moved on.

TennBison
December 26th, 2017, 07:38 PM
I am not a member of that forum so I can't post there. Besides, JMU fans would only look at it as normal, while most others find it outrageous that a school would burden its students to that capacity. $35 Million per year divided up amongst 22,000 students($1590.00 per student) in 2015. Can't wait to see what the students paid for last year once that report comes out, which will only go up.

cx500d
December 26th, 2017, 10:25 PM
I am not a member of that forum so I can't post there. Besides, JMU fans would only look at it as normal, while most others find it outrageous that a school would burden its students to that capacity. $35 Million per year divided up amongst 22,000 students($1590.00 per student) in 2015. Can't wait to see what the students paid for last year once that report comes out, which will only go up.

When I went to NDSU in the 80's we had a student activity fee that got you free into all sporting events, as well as use of the field house, other campus recreation stuff, etc., and it was a whopping $34/quarter if I remember right.

centennial
December 26th, 2017, 11:20 PM

If you use the USA today numbers every undergrad roughly pays $1840. Creative accounting won't change the fact that it's 80%. And this is wall street level accounting. JMU admins should be ashamed. In fact the state of VA should be ashamed that it lets JMU get away with this. They made a law to combat this very fact, and JMU used accounting to combat the "problem".

I am just surprised that no investigative journalist has busted them. I guess public accountability mean different things in ND vs VA. We lost a president because he spend more than allocated on the presidents house. On the other hand is the JMU administration, putting students in debt, borderline cheating the tax payer, misappropriating funds all to act like a big school.

UpstateBison
December 26th, 2017, 11:40 PM
Having passed the AICPA exam, we know that the correct answer for 1 + 1 is what would you like it to be?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 27th, 2017, 05:12 AM
If you use the USA today numbers every undergrad roughly pays $1840. Creative accounting won't change the fact that it's 80%. And this is wall street level accounting. JMU admins should be ashamed. In fact the state of VA should be ashamed that it lets JMU get away with this. They made a law to combat this very fact, and JMU used accounting to combat the "problem".

I am just surprised that no investigative journalist has busted them. I guess public accountability mean different things in ND vs VA. We lost a president because he spend more than allocated on the presidents house. On the other hand is the JMU administration, putting students in debt, borderline cheating the tax payer, misappropriating funds all to act like a big school.

All so they can pound their chests saying they have the largest AD budget in the FCS.....xrolleyesx

Looking forward to seeing those weak ass streamers not being used....xnodx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 27th, 2017, 06:16 AM
As of now, the extended forecast says 54 and 20% of rain. 54 would be nice!

cx500d
December 27th, 2017, 08:27 AM
As of now, the extended forecast says 54 and 20% of rain. 54 would be nice!

They had a hard freeze; If you remember the Towson game, they blamed the turf that came up on a hard freeze shortly before the game.....

Professor
December 27th, 2017, 08:42 AM
All so they can pound their chests saying they have the largest AD budget in the FCS.....xrolleyesx

It's alot of FCS schools who are making their students foot the bill so they can be a top FCS program. JMU is just the highest

BisonBacker
December 27th, 2017, 09:18 AM

Students have a choice to either attend or not. I know I wouldn't be paying that much if I was back in college. Hell I was piss poor broke when i was going to school working full time and going to school full time.

DirtyDukes
December 27th, 2017, 09:32 AM
JMU tuition is among the lowest in the state for both instate and out of state tuition.

Bisonoline
December 27th, 2017, 09:38 AM
They had a hard freeze; If you remember the Towson game, they blamed the turf that came up on a hard freeze shortly before the game.....

Thats because they resodded the field and the hard freeze didnt let it take root. At least that was the excuse.

Bisonator
December 27th, 2017, 09:55 AM
What's JMU's practice schedule leading up to the game? I think NDSU took 2 days off for Christmas and were back at it yesterday. I'm guessing they will go every day up until they head south probably Tuesday?

bri-dog
December 27th, 2017, 09:57 AM

Actually, it was in late November when they replaced the turf, had a cold snap shortly after. Shouldn't be a problem this year.

EDIT: Just looked it up, it was replaced on November 18th that year.

centennial
December 27th, 2017, 09:59 AM
JMU tuition is among the lowest in the state for both instate and out of state tuition.

No explanation for having $38 million coming from student fees (highest out of ALL D1 athletics). Doesn't matter how the accounting shows it. That extra money should be a discount on the tuition rates. But more likely an extra $38 million a year will pay for a lot of science, engineering, and medical research that helps the students and faculty of the university.

Hammerhead
December 27th, 2017, 10:39 AM
When I went to NDSU in the 80's we had a student activity fee that got you free into all sporting events, as well as use of the field house, other campus recreation stuff, etc., and it was a whopping $34/quarter if I remember right.

That sounds about right for the activity fees. Of course, tuition was also much lower and I think I only paid around $800/quarter for tuition and fees.

Professor
December 27th, 2017, 11:02 AM
No explanation for having $38 million coming from student fees (highest out of ALL D1 athletics). Doesn't matter how the accounting shows it. That extra money should be a discount on the tuition rates. But more likely an extra $38 million a year will pay for a lot of science, engineering, and medical research that helps the students and faculty of the university.

True indeed

dewey
December 27th, 2017, 03:45 PM
Here is an post from the Bison Media Zone about the Redshirt and true freshman that have helped NDSU win 5 FCS titles.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/the-frisco-kids/

Dewey

Twentysix
December 27th, 2017, 03:48 PM
That sounds about right for the activity fees. Of course, tuition was also much lower and I think I only paid around $800/quarter for tuition and fees.NDSU is probably the best $30,000 bachelor's degree in the country. Hopefully when the university raises prices it's heavily weighted for academics and not sports. What jmu has done is a travesty.

Perhaps if jmu refocused their investments they could be an R1 national research university with an actual world ranking as well.

jmu007
December 27th, 2017, 04:05 PM
Y'a'll sure do bitch a lot about fees at schools you didn't attend and haven't/won't be paying.

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2017, 04:07 PM
Y'a'll sure do bitch a lot about fees at schools you didn't attend and haven't/won't be paying.

If you lived in the area, you would understand how bad this is for a school to do. No one in their right mind thinks this is a good idea. If NDSU did this, do you realize the riots that would occur here and there would be civil unrest?

NDSUtk
December 27th, 2017, 07:25 PM
Y'a'll sure do bitch a lot about fees at schools you didn't attend and haven't/won't be paying.2 more weeks until game day... This is just the tip of the iceberg.

I say bring back more streamer discussions and petitions!!!

Gil Dobie
December 27th, 2017, 09:54 PM
Any news on Dunn?

Bisonoline
December 27th, 2017, 11:14 PM

Catch a dog doing wrong and you sure do bark. Hey if you dont see what you are doing to your students as wrong then you might want to adjust that moral compass. But Im sure the winning softens up the rationalization and justification for such policies. I would think with all of that big money yall pull in every year you wouldnt put it on the students backs the way you do

TennBison
December 28th, 2017, 01:33 PM
At least we now know where the payment for all those streamers comes from. STUDENT FEES!!!

chicagoduke
December 28th, 2017, 01:38 PM
If you lived in the area, you would understand how bad this is for a school to do. No one in their right mind thinks this is a good idea. If NDSU did this, do you realize the riots that would occur here and there would be civil unrest?

First of all, if you honestly think there would be civil unrest (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_disorder) because student fees are a few hundred bucks too high, I'm a bit worried about what you deem to be riot worthy. Then again, nobody has ever accused the fine citizens of Worst Dakota of being the most rational folks.

If you lived in the area, you would understand how bad this is for a school to do.

Why don't you expand on this thought a bit? Why would someone be unable to understand a concept without living in the area?

I suggest looking at the educational product as a whole in relationship to it's total cost. Would you rather pay $10,000 a year to go to the #29 public university in the country (https://www.forbes.com/colleges/james-madison-university/), or $8,100 to go to one ranked #132? (https://www.forbes.com/colleges/north-dakota-state-university-main-campus/) I feel confident in what most rational people would choose.

TennBison
December 28th, 2017, 01:39 PM
Have you ever heard the question? If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it still make a sound? Funny how the high and mighty don't want creative accounting and stuff leaking out about daily operations that may or may not have been going on for years without any notice.

JmuSkinsfan
December 28th, 2017, 01:46 PM
Catch a dog doing wrong and you sure do bark. Hey if you dont see what you are doing to your students as wrong then you might want to adjust that moral compass. But Im sure the winning softens up the rationalization and justification for such policies. I would think with all of that big money yall pull in every year you wouldnt put it on the students backs the way you do

Jumping into this late and not going to go back to read where it started ... but the student fees definitely don't go strictly to athletics. That is to say, the entire athletic budget does not come from student fees. Unless something changed since I was there a few years back, at least.

So to say $38 million divided by 20,000 students = x number per student isn't accurate. I think something like $1,300 annually goes strictly to athletics, equating to about $26 million of the athletic budget.

Longhorn
December 28th, 2017, 01:56 PM

xthumbsupx Yes they do, and it's a silly argument, but when your team is being surpassed on the field you can understand why whiners delight in touting superfluous nonsense. The fees that support varsity athletics don't appear to be an issue for the approximately 24k annual applicants seeking to enroll at JMU. I guess you might say "you get what you pay for"...

Longhorn
December 28th, 2017, 02:01 PM
NDSU is probably the best $30,000 bachelor's degree in the country. Hopefully when the university raises prices it's heavily weighted for academics and not sports. What jmu has done is a travesty.

Perhaps if jmu refocused their investments they could be an R1 national research university with an actual world ranking as well.

Glad you liked the education you received at NDSU, but the institution is far from being thought of as the "best" anything in academics. As for JMU, it's academic rep is doing just fine, thank you very much. xcoffeex

Professor Chaos
December 28th, 2017, 02:20 PM
In the media teleconference today NDSU coach Chris Klieman gave the following injury updates:

CB Jalen Allison: Not an ACL as originally feared, has an "outside" chance to play
CB Jaylaan Wimbush: Knee injury but unspecified after that, also has an "outside" chance to play
CB Dom Davis: Should be good to go, I believe he had a groin injury a month or so ago
RB Ty Brooks: Doubtful to play with a shoulder injury, they'll know more and make that call this weekend

Apparently Klieman didn't mention either but pretty sure Jordheim (special teamer and backup LB) and Cofield (been out since early in the season, would be 3rd or 4th string RB) will be back. Also no update on Lance Dunn, NDSU's #1 RB, who is rumored to be progressing from a torn hip labrum suffered in mid-October (did not require surgery).

Bison56
December 28th, 2017, 02:32 PM
xthumbsupx Yes they do, and it's a silly argument, but when your team is being surpassed on the field you can understand why whiners delight in touting superfluous nonsense. The fees that support varsity athletics don't appear to be an issue for the approximately 24k annual applicants seeking to enroll at JMU. I guess you might say "you get what you pay for"...

Get over yourself. We get it JMU is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I don't even know why the game is being played, NDSU has 0 chance.

StrikeJMU
December 28th, 2017, 02:46 PM
Get over yourself. We get it JMU is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I don't even know why the game is being played, NDSU has 0 chance.

Madison came first. JMU founded in 1908 to sliced bread in 1928. Not important though.

TennBison
December 28th, 2017, 02:50 PM
Jumping into this late and not going to go back to read where it started ... but the student fees definitely don't go strictly to athletics. That is to say, the entire athletic budget does not come from student fees. Unless something changed since I was there a few years back, at least.

So to say $38 million divided by 20,000 students = x number per student isn't accurate. I think something like $1,300 annually goes strictly to athletics, equating to about $26 million of the athletic budget.
I find it hard to believe what you are saying, especially since the article states that $35 million of the $45 million dollar athletic budget in 2015 was covered by and raised by student fees. I find it to be even more of a stretch that the amount would go down from 2015 to this year, I am sure it went up. All this, unless you are going to say that the JMU director of athletics is making up numbers.

Bison56
December 28th, 2017, 02:55 PM
Madison came first. JMU founded in 1908 to sliced bread in 1928. Not important though.

Point proven you guys are just way better at everything.xthumbsupx

TennBison
December 28th, 2017, 02:58 PM
The school has a population of 22K kids in enrollment this year at JMU, so where do you get the idea that 24K new kids try every year to enroll? Or are you just pulling numbers out of your hole?

JmuSkinsfan
December 28th, 2017, 03:03 PM
The school has a population of 22K kids in enrollment this year at JMU, so where do you get the idea that 24K new kids try every year to enroll? Or are you just pulling numbers out of your hole?

That would be 24k applicants, of which about 8-10k are accepted and 4-5k enroll.

JmuSkinsfan
December 28th, 2017, 03:11 PM
I find it hard to believe what you are saying, especially since the article states that $35 million of the $45 million dollar athletic budget in 2015 was covered by and raised by student fees. I find it to be even more of a stretch that the amount would go down from 2015 to this year, I am sure it went up. All this, unless you are going to say that the JMU director of athletics is making up numbers.

https://www.jmu.edu/ubo/rates-undergraduate.shtml

Scroll down to the 2nd pie-chart. $1,366 (30% of fees) goes toward athletics. 22,667 total students (undergrad and grad) and you're at $30.1 million for athletics.

I was actually surprised by the enrollment figure. Maybe the drastic increase in enrollment has prevented it from being raised since 2015. I went back and checked and it was 16k in 2007, 19k in 2011. I believe when I started in 2005 it was around 15k undergrad. Right now undergrads make up 21k.

POD Knows
December 28th, 2017, 03:11 PM
That would be 24k applicants, of which about 8-10k are accepted and 4-5k enroll.Bull****, there is a 72% acceptance rate.

TennBison
December 28th, 2017, 03:20 PM
That would be 24k applicants, of which about 8-10k are accepted and 4-5k enroll.
Where is that info listed, those numbers do not seem to jive.

StrikeJMU
December 28th, 2017, 03:23 PM
Not sure how application figures is going to help win a football game but whatever floats your boat.

centennial
December 28th, 2017, 03:40 PM
A former regional teachers college is talking **** to a national university? Lol.

JmuSkinsfan
December 28th, 2017, 03:44 PM
Bull****, there is a 72% acceptance rate.

I just came across that looking at the undergrad stats. I feel like it used to be a lot lower. Surprised, but since the school's enrollment has shot up, they may have laxed standards a bit. Maybe not, though. It was always harder to get into ... up there with Virginia Tech and just behind UVA and William and Mary. Maybe 72% is normal for that level though, IDK

Madisonian
December 28th, 2017, 03:47 PM
A former regional teachers college is talking **** to a national university? Lol.

Former??? As in former agricultural college. Reaching bro. Reaching. Sure that’s worth at least 10 points next Saturday.

TennBison
December 28th, 2017, 03:48 PM
https://www.jmu.edu/ubo/rates-undergraduate.shtml

Scroll down to the 2nd pie-chart. $1,366 (30% of fees) goes toward athletics. 22,667 total students (undergrad and grad) and you're at $30.1 million for athletics.

I was actually surprised by the enrollment figure. Maybe the drastic increase in enrollment has prevented it from being raised since 2015. I went back and checked and it was 16k in 2007, 19k in 2011. I believe when I started in 2005 it was around 15k undergrad. Right now undergrads make up 21k.
You folks have a lot of conflicting info going around. But first things first. You reference the pie chart stating 1,366 (30%), however, if you scroll down just under the pie chart it states in that little box, that the athletics program fee is $2,031 (which is not 30%). ??????? Why the different numbers? And your Athletics director states this in his article- "Several recent or upcoming developments will cause further impact on our budget. As of July 1, new legislation in Virginia, known as the Cox Bill, will regulate the usage of student activity fees to fund intercollegiate athletics programs. The bill measures income generated from fees compared to the overall income generated by athletics.

For the fiscal year ending June 30, 2015, JMU generated over $35 million of its revenue from these student fees. The Cox Bill states that FCS programs such as JMU and William and Mary must rely on student fees for no more than 70% of its expenses."

So you have three different conflicting numbers, your pie chart, the little box under the pie chart, and then the athletic director blowing both the pie chart and the little box both out of the water. Which one is it?

Madisonian
December 28th, 2017, 03:49 PM
You folks have a lot of conflicting info going around. But first things first. You reference the pie chart stating 1,366 (30%), however, if you scroll down just under the pie chart it states in that little box, that the athletics program fee is $2,031 (which is not 30%). ??????? Why the different numbers? And your Athletics director states this in his article- "Several recent or upcoming developments will cause further impact on our budget. As of July 1, new legislation in Virginia, known as the Cox Bill, will regulate the usage of student activity fees to fund intercollegiate athletics programs. The bill measures income generated from fees compared to the overall income generated by athletics.

For the fiscal year ending June 30, 2015, JMU generated over $35 million of its revenue from these student fees. The Cox Bill states that FCS programs such as JMU and William and Mary must rely on student fees for no more than 70% of its expenses."

So you have three different conflicting numbers, your pie chart, the little box under the pie chart, and then the athletic director blowing both the pie chart and the little box both out of the water. Which one is it?

Better question: is it Jive or Jibe? I’m going with Jibe.

Bison56
December 28th, 2017, 04:05 PM
Is this thread about a football game?

caribbeanhen
December 28th, 2017, 04:06 PM
Better question: is it Jive or Jibe? I’m going with Jibe.

welcome back to the age of Jive

Billy Joel it's still rock 'n' roll to me

Madisonian
December 28th, 2017, 04:08 PM

I was getting ready to discuss the millions of dollars JMU spends on campus landscaping each year... is this not the place?

Side note, I’m shocked that NDSU spends so much of the kids’ tuition and fees on snow removal.

Professor Chaos
December 28th, 2017, 04:11 PM
Pretty normal thread drift for a natty (at least one involving NDSU). If you really want some entertainment check out this doozy from the 2012 (January 2013) natty (NDSU/SHSU part deux).

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?126307-The-Rematch-Sam-Houston-ST-vs-North-Dakota-ST

Pretty sure nothing will top that one in terms of pissing contests. Until this thread gets moved to the smack board it's not even in the conversation with that one. xlolx

Hammerhead
December 28th, 2017, 04:13 PM

No. Maybe we should compare dining options on each campus. If JMU has a Chick-fil-A, they win.

Madisonian
December 28th, 2017, 04:21 PM
There’s a 65 page pdf @ jmu.edu under the search dining services that someone will undoubtedly post here shortly (including an appendix with personal endorsement from Truett Cathy on the opening of the Chick-fil-A Express on campus). Give it a few minutes.

TennBison
December 28th, 2017, 04:50 PM
Not so much any more. 3-4 days ago this thread was almost dead with hardly any activity. Then I posted about the Student Fees at JMU and it kicked in again with activity, but not the kind that most people wanted so it got out of hand.

cx500d
December 28th, 2017, 04:55 PM
Former??? As in former agricultural college. Reaching bro. Reaching. Sure that’s worth at least 10 points next Saturday.

Agriculture and Engineering school bro.

cx500d
December 28th, 2017, 04:57 PM
I was getting ready to discuss the millions of dollars JMU spends on campus landscaping each year... is this not the place?

Side note, I’m shocked that NDSU spends so much of the kids’ tuition and fees on snow removal.

I’m sure you spend more on landscaping then NDSU does. I might spend more on landscaping then ndsu.

Twentysix
December 28th, 2017, 05:01 PM
That would be 24k applicants, of which about 8-10k are accepted and 4-5k enroll.Jmu is not quite that selective lol. 30% accepted is an extremely selective university.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171228/1c35bc7f6b3dc5662bfa8b5fac642be4.jpg

dewey
December 28th, 2017, 05:44 PM
Here is a Fargo Forum article about NDSU's starting corners and other injured players.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/football/4380270-bison-starting-cornerbacks-have-outside-chance-playing-fcs-title-game

https://www.bisonmediazone.com/allison-and-wimbush-have-an-outside-shot-to-play/

Dewey

dewey
December 28th, 2017, 05:58 PM

Jesus no kidding. I could give a crap less on what JMU charges their students. The students know about the fees.

Are there any interesting articles or anything else actually talking about the game?

Pretty interesting after 186 votes the vote in here is tied.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 28th, 2017, 07:20 PM
Pretty normal thread drift for a natty (at least one involving NDSU). If you really want some entertainment check out this doozy from the 2012 (January 2013) natty (NDSU/SHSU part deux).

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?126307-The-Rematch-Sam-Houston-ST-vs-North-Dakota-ST

Pretty sure nothing will top that one in terms of pissing contests. Until this thread gets moved to the smack board it's not even in the conversation with that one. xlolx

You would think Sammy fans would quit talking such garbage talk since they get their a**es blown out when they play the Bison....xlolx...but they will be back next year yapping again at their 9-2 or 10-1 record then get bitch slapped in the semis....again.....xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 28th, 2017, 07:23 PM
Jesus no kidding. I could give a crap less on what JMU charges their students. The students know about the fees.

Are there any interesting articles or anything else actually talking about the game?

Pretty interesting after 186 votes the vote in here is tied.

Dewey

NDSU's front 7 on defense is completely new this year compared to last year when they played JMU. Tanguay and DeLuca will be nice to have this time.