PDA

View Full Version : Semifinal: SHSU @ NDSU

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

The Kicker
December 15th, 2017, 10:29 PM
What I find amazing is in all 3 playoff games NDSU had backups playing a good part of the 4th Q. I think their backups got more mop up time in the playoffs vs the entire regular season!

centennial
December 15th, 2017, 10:31 PM
I respect the **** out of NDSU, but man this is getting boring. Before they came around, there was a hint of uncertainty in every team, the best teams had clear chinks in the armor (at least when they played the big boys).

That's just not where we are now.

Sadly the WAC folded. We don't have anywhere to go. You'll have to deal with us for a long time.

BEAR
December 15th, 2017, 10:36 PM
Great year Bearkats! The SLC has a ways to go no doubt and the semis are meant to be tough. But thanks for the exciting games this year. Good luck to any Bearkats that move onto the next level in any part of the world.xdrunkyx

Serpentor
December 15th, 2017, 10:39 PM
To be honest though, good job to Sam Houston for getting to the semis...There are a lot of teams that never get there, and Sammy gets there year in and year out.

I appreciate the sentiment, but what you're seeing with Sam is pretty much the best an FCS team can do as long as your monsters are in this level...

MR. CHICKEN
December 15th, 2017, 10:41 PM
...IFIN' DIS KEEPS UP........WHAA...BOTHERAH...WHIFF AGS.....xdontknowx.....AWK!

Serpentor
December 15th, 2017, 10:41 PM
Bisons have an outstanding program and will probably do well for the forseeable future. Excuse, I have to go kill myself now.

centennial
December 15th, 2017, 10:42 PM
I actually think SHSU can be solid team. It just needs a good DC and S&C coach. It's actually not that hard. Steal a few coaches and that's it. Teams do it all the time.

Bison56
December 15th, 2017, 10:43 PM
Bisons have an outstanding program and will probably do well for the forseeable future. Excuse, I have to go kill myself now.
Don't do that, it's just a football game, and I would miss you!

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 15th, 2017, 10:45 PM
I would say there are 4 or 5 FCS teams that could beat NDSU right now. 2 of them are playing tomorrow.Wrong.

There is nobody right now in FCS that can beat NDSU.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

katss07
December 15th, 2017, 10:45 PM
Great year Bearkats! The SLC has a ways to go no doubt and the semis are meant to be tough. But thanks for the exciting games this year. Good luck to any Bearkats that move onto the next level in any part of the world.xdrunkyx
Thanks, BEAR. Always great to hear from SLC rivals in the playoffs. A chance to come together and play for SLC pride. Disappointed with this team, but the SLC should be fun next year. Nicholls, SHSU, UCA.

katss07
December 15th, 2017, 10:47 PM
I actually think SHSU can be solid team. It just needs a good DC and S&C coach. It's actually not that hard. Steal a few coaches and that's it. Teams do it all the time.
Our defense is extremely young. IF we can get a choach, the defense could be good. Right now, they are a liability, despite having Hall and Stewart.

BEAR
December 15th, 2017, 10:51 PM
Thanks, BEAR. Always great to hear from SLC rivals in the playoffs. A chance to come together and play for SLC pride. Disappointed with this team, but the SLC should be fun next year. Nicholls, SHSU, UCA.

You think you are disappointed...imagine losing at home in the second round as a higher seed. While I'm proud of my Bears, it was a tough loss that didn't represent our conference or who we really were very well. At least you guys make it further in the playoffs and do it consistently. We've got a long way to go...onto rebuilding!

MR. CHICKEN
December 15th, 2017, 10:52 PM
....WHEN YA LOSE ALL DOSE PLAYERS TA INJURIES....AN' STILL THRASH DUH COMPETITION.....NOW AH KNOW....WHAA...PLAYOFF ATTENDANCE.......THRU-OUT FCS IS UH JOKE.....IT'S JES' GONNAH COME DOWN TA FARGO.........AWK!

bisonranch
December 15th, 2017, 10:52 PM
Anyone know the probability of a Lance Dunn return for Frisco?

IBleedYellow
December 15th, 2017, 10:53 PM
Anyone know the probability of a Lance Dunn return for Frisco?.00001%

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Twentysix
December 15th, 2017, 10:54 PM
.00001%

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TapatalkI demand Brooks and Dunn are healthy for the NC! Demand it!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

bisonranch
December 15th, 2017, 10:56 PM
.00001%

So you're saying there's a chance....

katss07
December 15th, 2017, 10:59 PM
....WHEN YA LOSE ALL DOSE PLAYERS TA INJURIES....AN' STILL THRASH DUH COMPETITION.....NOW AH KNOW....WHAA...PLAYOFF ATTENDANCE.......THRU-OUT FCS IS UH JOKE.....IT'S JES' GONNAH COME DOWN TA FARGO.........AWK!
FBS.....AWK?

BisonTru
December 15th, 2017, 10:59 PM
I will openly say that I feel for sam fans. Getting to semis each year and then not having graceful exits has to be excruciatingly frustrating for them.

Give it eight months. If there is one thing I know about Sammy fans is they have a short memory. xdrunkyx

Serpentor
December 15th, 2017, 11:03 PM
Give it eight months. If there is one thing I know about Sammy fans is they have a short memory. xdrunkyx

What's it like to have your team NOT let you down every year?

Bisonator
December 15th, 2017, 11:05 PM

Nice. Real nice.xthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
December 15th, 2017, 11:09 PM
Wrong.

Except the 2 teams playing tomorrow

IBleedYellow
Holy....

KC Keeler opening statement in the post conference.

"Their men were much better than my boys."

Who the hell would want to play for a guy like that?

Twentysix
What's it like to have your team NOT let you down every year?I blocked out all of last year as a huge failure. I couldn't imagine being a non-bison alum. :/

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

MR. CHICKEN
December 15th, 2017, 11:12 PM
....OURAH AD....HAD TA BE OUTTAH HER MIND........TA H/H.....WHIFF....DA BIZONSSSSSSS.......BRAWK!

Serpentor
December 15th, 2017, 11:12 PM
Holy....

What the hell is Keeler supposed to say? What is he saying that everyone on this board wasn't thinking throughout the game?

BisonTru
December 15th, 2017, 11:13 PM

Does the Serp want to come join the good side??xsmiley_wix

On a serious note, I give Sammy a lot of ****. However, the dirty play stuff some of our fans said today was bull****. Sammy played hard good clean football. Tough to make this trip back home every year. Honestly I think Sammy needs to look to JMU. They matched NDSU physically and are the only team I've seen do that outside of the MVFC. That's the step that you guys need to make in order to get past these humps.

centennial
December 15th, 2017, 11:14 PM

There are about 120 more teams that would kill to be where SHSU was tonight. Most sane NDSU fans realize that it takes one off season to lose your coach, and start being not as good. All SHSU needs is a defense. It can be done. That offense was actually solid.

It's like the Patriots, and Steelers fans crying when back of the class sit the Browns fans.

MR. CHICKEN
December 15th, 2017, 11:14 PM
Holy....

....IT WAS UH COMPLIMENT...TA BIZONSSS....YOU DOUF....xsighx...AWK!

caribbeanhen
December 15th, 2017, 11:16 PM
....OURAH AD....HAD TA BE OUTTAH HER MIND........TA H/H.....WHIFF....DA BIZONSSSSSSS.......BRAWK!

Dave Brock talked her into it because he knew he wouldn't be around much longer

saxbison
December 15th, 2017, 11:18 PM
Does the Serp want to come join the good side??xsmiley_wix

On a serious note, I give Sammy a lot of ****. However, the dirty play stuff some of our fans said today was bull****. Sammy played hard good clean football. Tough to make this trip back home every year. Honestly I think Sammy needs to look to JMU. They matched NDSU physically and are the only team I've seen do that outside of the MVFC. That's the step that you guys need to make in order to get past these humps.

I totally agree. I was very impressed with SHSU's poise down the stretch. Very little chipiness and they didn't lay down even when they were down by 6 scores.

Serpentor
December 15th, 2017, 11:19 PM
There are about 120 more teams that would kill to be where SHSU was tonight. Most sane NDSU fans realize that it takes one off season to lose your coach, and start being not as good. All SHSU needs is a defense. It can be done. That offense was actually solid.

It's like the Patriots, and Steelers fans crying when back of the class sit the Browns fans.

Don't remind me... I'm a Browns fan. xbawlingx

Bison56
December 15th, 2017, 11:21 PM
Don't remind me... I'm a Browns fan. xbawlingx

They do exist!

Da Herd
December 15th, 2017, 11:24 PM

Well, many of us are vikings fans so we get that side of it too.. but it's nice.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 15th, 2017, 11:25 PM
Except the 2 teams playing tomorrowBS

Neither of those teams will score 20 against this year's HEALTHY NDSU defense.

Bison will have their revenge game on SDSU and boat race them

IBleedYellow
December 15th, 2017, 11:32 PM
BS

Sent from my SM-G955U using TapatalkWe just lost both starting CBs....

TheKingpin28
December 15th, 2017, 11:34 PM
We just lost both starting CBs....

Is Wimbush going to be out for the championship game? I did not see what happened to him.

BisonBacker
December 15th, 2017, 11:35 PM
....IT WAS UH COMPLIMENT...TA BIZONSSS....YOU DOUF....xsighx...AWK!

They are talking about it on the radio right now on the post game call in show locally. They are saying the same thing about how that was a shot at the SHSU players and you don't say that no matter what about your own players. It maybe a compliment to our guys no doubt but it's a slam on his own guys who already got embarrassed enough on national tv. Why rub salt in the wound to your own players? Ouch xsmhx

Schism55
December 15th, 2017, 11:36 PM
McFeely tweeted that both Jalens and Ty are done for season and will not play in title game :(

CappinHard
December 15th, 2017, 11:37 PM
BS

Except for when SDSU scored 33 on them this year....? Obviously doing it in Frisco is a different story, but you're being ignorant and over reacting to NDSU blowing out a team at home that we all knew wasn't really that good.

Silenoz
December 15th, 2017, 11:39 PM
For ****'s sakes. I come back back from Christmas parties hoping Sammy could try to make FCS interesting for once. Instead we're still DIII; one or two good teams. Probably one.

TennBison
December 15th, 2017, 11:39 PM
Just got back home from the game. I am so confused about SHSU, all the offensive potential just didn't even show up. Defense was suspect to begin with but they must have stayed in Texas. Gotta feel for the players and the fans as the coaching staff obviously wasn't even in the same stadium with whatever their gameplan was. Is the head coach Casey Keeler or is it Garrison Keillor, either way, the SHSU coaching staff was a joke, the team seamed completely lost and it falls on the coaching staff to get them ready. If your coach goes on air and states that the program is on the cusp of being a elite program, and then goes out and in true fashion gets completely blown out of the water once again, there is a issue. NDSU let their foot off the gas, and SHSU put up no more of a fight than Robert Morris did. There is nothing elite about what happened to SH tonight.

caribbeanhen
December 15th, 2017, 11:41 PM
They are talking about it on the radio right now on the post game call in show locally. They are saying the same thing about how that was a shot at the SHSU players and you don't say that no matter what about your own players. It maybe a compliment to our guys no doubt but it's a slam on his own guys who already got embarrassed enough on national tv. Why rub salt in the wound to your own players? Ouch xsmhx

maybe it was a parting shot

TennBison
December 15th, 2017, 11:43 PM
Going to be a very quiet flight home for that coach.

POD Knows
December 15th, 2017, 11:45 PM
#9s last game. He's had an incredible career with us. Former walk on.He is a baller, he was the only bright spot for SHSU tonight.

BNATION
December 15th, 2017, 11:49 PM
Great game Bison. We are just not there. Ursus. Money coming your way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunderstruck
December 15th, 2017, 11:51 PM
Just got settled in from the game...few celebratory drinks...how many of the Bison big runs/TD runs were right at pj hall? All of them! Sorry but Sam Houston was not even competitive. Briscoe won't even be thought of as an NFL UFA.
I have never seen such a confused officiating crew ever, how did they get a playoff game?
#25? Defense for sam Houston was their best defender. Made sound tackles.

How long does Keeler keep his job? Sure making the semis can be good but getting embarrassed on national tv every year can't sit well with the powers that be.

TheKingpin28
December 15th, 2017, 11:52 PM
McFeely tweeted that both Jalens and Ty are done for season and will not play in title game :(

I hope not.

POD Knows
December 15th, 2017, 11:53 PM
Wrong.

Sent from my SM-G955U using TapatalkSDSU can and have.

skinny_uncle
December 15th, 2017, 11:57 PM
Good to see the Bison squeaked this one out.

FargoBison
December 16th, 2017, 12:00 AM
Shocker..a KC Keeler team folds likes a cheap suit again against real competition...

He has lost by a combined score of 217-33 over his final postseason games over the past four seasons. Not sure I've seen anything like it at any level of football. His teams go on the road and just get demolished by any team that can run the ball and play defense.

thebootfitter
December 16th, 2017, 12:00 AM
Bison fans boo everything? Even with video evidence. Strange.I haven't read through the whole thread yet. Maybe this has been addressed. They're yelling "Bruuuuuce!" As in the name of the guy running the ball.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

UpstateBison
December 16th, 2017, 12:03 AM
217-33 in the last 4 playoff losses can’t be good for the KC resume.

TheKingpin28
December 16th, 2017, 12:05 AM
217-33 in the last 4 playoff losses can’t be good for the KC resume.

Nah, but it would be good for the Big 12 since they play no defense to begin with. xlolx

katss07
December 16th, 2017, 12:09 AM
Just would like to say thanks to Briscoe, Hall, Yedi, Avery and Henderson. These guys are a big part of our team and have been for the past few years. We will continue to grow and I think our best years are in front of us. With the experience gained by the defense and still being so young offensively, I think the Kats will be competitive next year. But it is tough to replace the following guys. Way to carry on what Flanders and Bell started. Despite a few playoff blowouts, many would kill to be killed in the Fargodome in the semis. Once again, such a great group of talent. Too bad we couldn’t get over the hump...

The future is bright in Huntsville. With the group of athletic WRs and RBs that we have, we should be a playoff team for years to come! In Griffen we trust!!!!

FargoBison
December 16th, 2017, 12:10 AM
If you want to have playoff success you need to be able to play defense and run the ball, Keeler has shown to be completely incapable of doing either at SHSU against a decent team.

Fritz in 2011 had a legit team, maybe the best team we have played in Frisco. Just amazes me how far they have gotten away from that.

katss07
December 16th, 2017, 12:14 AM
Just got settled in from the game...few celebratory drinks...how many of the Bison big runs/TD runs were right at pj hall? All of them! Sorry but Sam Houston was not even competitive. Briscoe won't even be thought of as an NFL UFA.
I have never seen such a confused officiating crew ever, how did they get a playoff game?
#25? Defense for sam Houston was their best defender. Made sound tackles.

How long does Keeler keep his job? Sure making the semis can be good but getting embarrassed on national tv every year can't sit well with the powers that be.
Keeler has a job for life at Sam. Do you know how many teams would love to be in the situation we were in? We have faced adversity and issues throughout his time. Yet we still win playoff games. Delaware was stupid to let him go. Sam would be even stupider. Great ball coach, playoff blowouts or not. That kind of thing shouldn’t determine his job status. He won’t be let go any time soon.

Bisonoline
December 16th, 2017, 12:16 AM
Holy....

May be he meant "my boys" as a possessive as in--they are MY boys and wasnt calling them boys?

FargoBison
December 16th, 2017, 12:20 AM
Keeler has a job for life at Sam. Do you know how many teams would love to be in the situation we were in? We have faced adversity and issues throughout his time. Yet we still win playoff games. Delaware was stupid to let him go. Sam would be even stupider. Great ball coach, playoff blowouts or not. That kind of thing shouldn’t determine his job status. He won’t be let go any time soon.

He is an average at best coach that can recruit, lets be honest here.

TheKingpin28
December 16th, 2017, 12:21 AM
He is an average at best coach that can recruit transfers who thought they were FBS material, lets be honest here.

FYP

centennial
December 16th, 2017, 12:21 AM
On the coaching- Messingham called a masterful game. As a armchair OC didn't see much wrong.

Defense is also running some different schemes. Didn't look like Bohl's Tampa 2 to me.

Thunderstruck
December 16th, 2017, 12:22 AM

You bet playoff blowouts on national tv matter. KC needs to find an assistant head coach who knows a little bit about defense. I bet KC would make a decent OC at a lower FBS school.

TheKingpin28
December 16th, 2017, 12:23 AM
On the coaching- Messingham called a masterful game. As a armchair OC didn't see much wrong.

Defense is also running some different schemes. Didn't look like Bohl's Tampa 2 to me.

How much of this was due to the fact the Bison just lost their top 2 CBs

katss07
December 16th, 2017, 12:23 AM
He is an average at best coach that can recruit, lets be honest here.
He is a good coach. And when talking about firing a coach, you have to ask yourself the question. Could we do better than coach x? I our case, KC is as good as it gets.

katss07
December 16th, 2017, 12:25 AM
You bet playoff blowouts on national tv matter. KC needs to find an assistant head coach who knows a little bit about defense. I bet KC would make a decent OC at a lower FBS school.
Well he makes for a good head coach at the FCS level. There are good coaches who have never been this far with much better talent. We need a new DC.

FargoBison
December 16th, 2017, 12:28 AM
He is a good coach. And when talking about firing a coach, you have to ask yourself the question. Could we do better than coach x? I our case, KC is as good as it gets.

You had a significantly better head coach not too long ago...

katss07
December 16th, 2017, 12:32 AM
You had a significantly better head coach not too long ago...
He is gone. Was he better then KC? Yes. Could we find someone better now? Probably not. Unless Kevin Sumlin is willing to come to Huntsville.

FargoBison
December 16th, 2017, 12:33 AM
I also think the SLC did SHSU a major disservice when they added those garbage teams and then forced a 9 game league schedule on everybody. You play a garbage schedule because of it and it shows in the postseason for your entire conference.

BisonTru
December 16th, 2017, 12:36 AM
Well he makes for a good head coach at the FCS level. There are good coaches who have never been this far with much better talent. We need a new DC.

Run an uptempo offense that forces your defense to defend a ton of plays and then blame the DC. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

centennial
December 16th, 2017, 12:56 AM
How much of this was due to the fact the Bison just lost their top 2 CBs

I don't know. We looked like some hybrid Cover 3 NFL like scheme, saw it a little last week too. My defense knowledge is limited so maybe someone more educated can speak to it.

I actually like it more, especially since there isn't any tape on it. Coaches will always change schemes even if we run the same game plans. Happened with coach Polasek as well when I saw the NIU stuff in there. We still use some of his plays.

centennial
December 16th, 2017, 12:57 AM
Run an uptempo offense that forces your defense to defend a ton of plays and then blame the DC. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Not really up tempo. Spread yes, and it's a nice offense. There is some other stuff mixed in there too.

BisonTru
December 16th, 2017, 01:14 AM
Not really up tempo.

They lead the country in offense per game and had the 12th worst TOP.

They were 8th in offense plays per game and their defense defended the 4th most plays per game in the country.

I'll rest my case.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 16th, 2017, 01:14 AM
We just lost both starting CBs....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TapatalkThats why I said 20 points, if you had them nobody would score double digits

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 16th, 2017, 01:16 AM
SDSU can and have.In the past.......live in the now

TheKingpin28
December 16th, 2017, 01:16 AM
I don't know. We looked like some hybrid Cover 3 NFL like scheme, saw it a little last week too. My defense knowledge is limited so maybe someone more educated can speak to it.

I actually like it more, especially since there isn't any tape on it. Coaches will always change schemes even if we run the same game plans. Happened with coach Polasek as well when I saw the NIU stuff in there. We still use some of his plays.

I just don't like it if both of our CBs are out. Sure Dempsey knows how to play it, but he is better suited for a FS, though Hendricks would see an uptick in time due to Dempsey being forced to cover a #1. I fully expect Cox and DeLuca to run like animals out there and do what is necessary to ensure whichever QB is playing, they get to them fast before damage can be done.

That said, I would hope we get JMU over SDSU, but I still want to end the Bunnies playoff hopes in Fargo South.

BisonFan02
December 16th, 2017, 01:30 AM
In the past.......live in the now

The injuries NDSU now has in the secondary sure don't help against SDSU.....The Bison don't match up well with them. I think its their year.

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2017, 01:46 AM
Classy move from SHSU's Remus Bulmer to apologize for the play that hurt NDSU CB Jalen Allison (in what looked like a serious knee injury).

https://twitter.com/DEMP__THE3rd/status/941932019122081792

It still should've been a penalty but it's admirable that he took the time to share this out when he didn't need to.

mcveyrl
December 16th, 2017, 05:20 AM
What is the rule? I tried (albeit briefly) to find it, but I couldn’t. I don’t doubt that you guys have seen it called, I’m just trying to figure out the specifics.

Hits below the waist are legal - defenders do that all the time. But some are obviously illegal because of the situation they occur. Is it because the NDSU player is blocking down field? Or maybe out side the numbers (I think PC may have said that). I would just like to see the actual rule. I’ve never thought of that as a penalty before.

JSUSoutherner
December 16th, 2017, 06:42 AM
Classy move from SHSU's Remus Bulmer to apologize for the play that hurt NDSU CB Jalen Allison (in what looked like a serious knee injury).

It still should've been a penalty but it's admirable that he took the time to share this out when he didn't need to.

Defintley a nice gesture, but dang man, get some grammar lessons.

DirtyDukes
December 16th, 2017, 07:30 AM
Can we finally put the SHSU is elite convo to bed please?

Iridebikes
December 16th, 2017, 07:31 AM
Next year take the top 6 Valley teams and two at Large teams and be done with it. Do an 8 team tourney. :D
Cockiness is not an endearing quality on anyone. No doubt MVFC is the best at this time. Certainly at the top. I've never seen a team as disciplined and skilled as NDSU when the came out in September. But over the depth of the conferences the MVFC has lost head to head to the BSC last two years. Do I think BSC is better? No. Do I think MVFC is head and shoulders above several other conferences (6 to 2) No.

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2017, 07:37 AM
What is the rule? I tried (albeit briefly) to find it, but I couldn’t. I don’t doubt that you guys have seen it called, I’m just trying to figure out the specifics.

Hits below the waist are legal - defenders do that all the time. But some are obviously illegal because of the situation they occur. Is it because the NDSU player is blocking down field? Or maybe out side the numbers (I think PC may have said that). I would just like to see the actual rule. I’ve never thought of that as a penalty before.
I'll see if I can dig up the rule but I've seen a defensive player called for an illegal block below the waist outside the numbers before. Usually it is on turnovers where an offensive player turned defensive player throws himself into the legs of a blocker in front of the ball carrier trying to slow the ball carrier down enough for his teammates to catch him and make the tackle. It's usually the QB I've seen it called on during an INT return since he's generally the last guy trying to slow down the interceptor.

EDIT: It may only be on a change of possession.
This is an old article but, like I said, I've seen it called recently on INTs: http://blog.al.com/tide-source/2009/09/blocking_below_the_waist_is_a.html

You're not allowed to block below the waist on a down in which there's a change of possession, for example, an interception or fumble recovery.

And again I'm nearly positive these protections apply to both offensive and defensive players.

mcveyrl
December 16th, 2017, 07:42 AM
I'll see if I can dig up the rule but I've seen a defensive player called for an illegal block below the waist outside the numbers before. Usually it is on turnovers where an offensive player turned defensive player throws himself into the legs of a blocker in front of the ball carrier trying to slow the ball carrier down enough for his teammates to catch him and make the tackle. It's usually the QB I've seen it called on during an INT return since he's generally the last guy trying to slow down the interceptor.

Yea, I still haven’t found the actual rule, but it looks like it has to do with a change of possession (INT, KO, P). Those rules prevent blocking below the waist, but I think that’s actually defined as a “block” by a defender.

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2017, 07:51 AM
Yea, I still haven’t found the actual rule, but it looks like it has to do with a change of possession (INT, KO, P). Those rules prevent blocking below the waist, but I think that’s actually defined as a “block” by a defender.
Again, old article but nearly positive this is still the rule and here they even call out this exact situation: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080902141706AANckCr

Q: Following an interception, it is legal for the intercepting team to block below the waist.?

A: No. The rule exists specifically after interceptions. Neither team is allowed to block below the waist on a return. This is Jerry Markbright's explanation of the rule after is was called against Matt Hasselbeck in Super Bowl XL:

Jerry Markbreit breaks it down:

When a pass is intercepted, both teams are restricted from blocking below the waist. When a passing team man dives low in an attempt to tackle the intercepting player and, in the process, blocks a member of the intercepting team below the waist, even though he may make the tackle, a foul for illegal low block should be called. It does not matter whether the passing team player is attempting to make a tackle. If he intentionally goes low and, in the process, hits an opponent below the waist, it is an illegal block.

So, the answer is a definitive NO. You cannot block below the waist after an interception.

TennBison
December 16th, 2017, 07:57 AM
Yet another offseason of misery for SHSU fans. But hey, you had a great regular season. Which is worse, being mislead or getting destroyed once again by a good defensive team that has a solid offense. Maybe both? How can the coach sit there with a straight face an say the team is on the brink of being elite? He is not even close. Sure, elite teams do lose games, but they don't lose 55-13. Sam Houston.......you have a problem.
Oh and that comment Keeler made in the post game presser about NDSU players being "men" and his players being "boys". Yeah that is not going to sit well at all, and will be ammunition for jokes for years. That had to make his players happy.

Serpentor
December 16th, 2017, 07:58 AM

"Embarrassing another team on national television isn't enough, now I want to stomp on the back of their heads and grind their faces in the mud, too."

jmu007
December 16th, 2017, 08:04 AM
Congrats NDSU. Safe travels to Frisco.

SHSU, just stop. Either get rid of KC Keeler and at least pretend like you give a damn or just stop. How many other jobs will he be interviewing for this time around instead of watching film on how to coach vs press-man defense?

TennBison
December 16th, 2017, 08:11 AM
After listening to the post game presser, it dawned on me that SHSU will no longer be able to run man on man pass coverage. They need to change it to boy on man coverage.

LIONFAN07
December 16th, 2017, 08:14 AM
Strong performance by NDSU. Sam was a different team under Fritz back when they ran the ball and played good defense. That 2011 team was so physical along the offensive and defensive lines. Keeler has gone to air raid and it is obvious when they play good physical there done. Sam should hire someone from Fritz staff at Tulane to come in and run that system.

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2017, 08:17 AM
"Embarrassing another team on national television isn't enough, now I want to stomp on the back of their heads and grind their faces in the mud, too."
Not really. It just really bugs me when NDSU's top CB is knocked out for the season on an illegal play that the completely overmatched officiating crew misses even though it was right in front of their faces and when the clueless ESPN announcers question the intelligence of those of us booing it in the stadium.

Serpentor
December 16th, 2017, 08:19 AM
After listening to the post game presser, it dawned on me that SHSU will no longer be able to run man on man pass coverage. They need to change it to boy on man coverage.

Well it's good to know you're so unoriginal you recycle your own Bisonville comments.

Bison56
December 16th, 2017, 08:19 AM

It is a penalty that's just a fact, and that wasn't the only play he did something stupid.

Katfan
December 16th, 2017, 08:28 AM
Congrats, Great win! To all the wonderful Bison fans that I met at the bars, the tailgate and the game. I had a great time and it was a blast to meet several of the posters from here. The gumbo was legit! The fans and the tailgate experience you guys have is fantastic. Good luck in Frisco, I’ll be rooting for you!

CappinHard
December 16th, 2017, 08:30 AM
Yet another offseason of misery for SHSU fans.

https://media.makeameme.org/created/pit-of-misery-59f16e.jpg

Winindy
December 16th, 2017, 08:31 AM
Not really. It just really bugs me when NDSU's top CB is knocked out for the season on an illegal play that the completely overmatched officiating crew misses even though it was right in front of their faces and when the clueless ESPN announcers question the intelligence of those of us booing it in the stadium.

I sat on the SHSU sideline and saw the flag for that play. It seemed like it within about a yard of the line of scrimmage near the NDSU bench. Thought it was going to be a sideline warning by the line judge over there. Never heard the explaination. The crowd by me was more confused as to what was actually happening to let SHSU get the ball back. NDSU has a kid take a low block, taking his knee out, laying on the ground. No call on the late hit (it was borderline). That on top of the calling the PIs and defensive holding one way and they were ready to run the refs out of the building.

The response from the fans seemed pretty logical to me. Those refs were terrible. And the crowd was letting them know the only way they can short of throwing crap on the field like a bunch of JMU yahoos.

JSUSoutherner
December 16th, 2017, 08:31 AM
https://media.makeameme.org/created/pit-of-misery-59f16e.jpg
Dilly dilly!

TennBison
December 16th, 2017, 08:32 AM
Well it's good to know you're so unoriginal you recycle your own Bisonville comments.
Yep, is there a problem with that? And actually I am very original, I am the only one to post it that I can see.

TennBison
December 16th, 2017, 08:35 AM
Congrats, Great win! To all the wonderful Bison fans that I met at the bars, the tailgate and the game. I had a great time and it was a blast to meet several of the posters from here. The gumbo was legit! The fans and the tailgate experience you guys have is fantastic. Good luck in Frisco, I’ll be rooting for you!
It was cool to meet you, all your fans that stopped in the tailgating lot that I meet were great.

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2017, 08:35 AM
I sat on the SHSU sideline and saw the flag for that play. It seemed like it within about a yard of the line of scrimmage near the NDSU bench. Thought it was going to be a sideline warning by the line judge over there. Never heard the explaination. The crowd by me was more confused as to what was actually happening to let SHSU get the ball back. NDSU has a kid take a low block, taking his knee out, laying on the ground. No call on the late hit (it was borderline). That on top of the calling the PIs and defensive holding one way and they were ready to run the refs out of the building.

The response from the fans seemed pretty logical to me. Those refs were terrible. And the crowd was letting them know the only way they can short of throwing crap on the field like a bunch of JMU yahoos.
It was actually a legit defensive holding call on the Bison. A DT just grabbed an RB trying to leak into the flat. That said it had absolutely zero bearing on the play since Briscoe wasn't even looking in that direction and was releasing the ball right as the hold was happening. It just underscores the ineptitude of that crew to throw such a trivial flag away from the action on the same play they miss an obvious penalty directly in front of all the action.

Serpentor
December 16th, 2017, 08:37 AM
Yep, is there a problem with that? And actually I am very original, I am the only one to post it that I can see.

Be sure to post it on a few more websites, I'm sure someone will eventually give you the attention you so desperately crave.

cx500d
December 16th, 2017, 08:37 AM
Defintley a nice gesture, but dang man, get some grammar lessons.

He did it on a phone which is hard to do and then fight the autocorrects. give him some slack

Thundar
December 16th, 2017, 08:47 AM
I'm speechless

Thundar
December 16th, 2017, 08:53 AM
Cockiness is not an endearing quality on anyone. No doubt MVFC is the best at this time. Certainly at the top. I've never seen a team as disciplined and skilled as NDSU when the came out in September. But over the depth of the conferences the MVFC has lost head to head to the BSC last two years. Do I think BSC is better? No. Do I think MVFC is head and shoulders above several other conferences (6 to 2) No.

Ummm what??

cx500d
December 16th, 2017, 08:54 AM
NDSU has always had graduation during the week of the Semis (or it seems like it). Thank god for the players we have been getting home games for seven straight years. Must be nuts having to not only get ready for a game, but graduating and finals and having to travel to an away game. Bison are blessed to be at home in all these playoff games. To many people forget about the fact that these kids need to balance not only football at this time but finals as well, they are first and foremost STUDENT athletes.

Thanks, I think sometimes we overlook this.

Not the Ivies!

sgt smash
December 16th, 2017, 09:18 AM

Sounds like Penn State’s old philosophy.

CockyGeek
December 16th, 2017, 09:21 AM
Two things you can always count on in the playoffs: JSU losing at home in the second round and SHSU getting BTFO by the first good team they face.

MR. CHICKEN
December 16th, 2017, 09:28 AM
....PRETTY FUNNY....HOW DUH BIZONSSSSSSS....RAN EVERAH PLAY-OFF TEAM OUTTAH TOWN.....BUT SAMMY GETS...YER FULL ATTENTION...xsighx.....AWK!

DetroitFlyer
December 16th, 2017, 09:29 AM
Kind of makes all the folks that ripped the PFL and San Diego look clueless....

MR. CHICKEN
December 16th, 2017, 09:31 AM
Two things you can always count on in the playoffs: JSU losing at home in the second round and SHSU getting BTFO by the first good team they face.

....TRY GREAT TEAM......DEY CAN BEAT FBS'ers.....AWK!

.....HOW MUCH LONGERAH.....WE GOTTAH STROKE....YER...EGOS??............xdeadhorsex..... ........BAWK!

JSUSoutherner
December 16th, 2017, 09:37 AM
He did it on a phone which is hard to do and then fight the autocorrects. give him some slack
All my posts here are from my phone. I like to think my posts are coherent.

Typing on a phone for most people in our generation is easier than typing on a keyboard.

Bison56
December 16th, 2017, 09:40 AM
....PRETTY FUNNY....HOW DUH BIZONSSSSSSS....RAN EVERAH PLAY-OFF TEAM OUTTAH TOWN.....BUT SAMMY GETS...YER FULL ATTENTION...xsighx.....AWK!

Not sure if that's for everyone or 1 poster, but it might have to do with some of the Sammy fans on the forums that brings out all these responses.

BisonBacker
December 16th, 2017, 09:48 AM
....TRY GREAT TEAM......DEY CAN BEAT FBS'ers.....AWK!

.....HOW MUCH LONGERAH.....WE GOTTAH STROKE....YER...EGOS??............xdeadhorsex..... ........BAWK!

We'll let you know when you can stop xlolx

TennBison
December 16th, 2017, 09:54 AM
Be sure to post it on a few more websites, I'm sure someone will eventually give you the attention you so desperately crave.
I am not an attention grabber, just posting truly funny and accurate stuff, if you can't handle it go back to preschool and ask your teacher for a hug.

dewey
December 16th, 2017, 10:04 AM
Wow that was a fun game to be at. Now to find tickets to the Title game and finalize plans.

I have an almost 8 year old and a 4.5 year old boys that are jacked for the trip to Texas.

Dewey

Serpentor
December 16th, 2017, 10:13 AM
I am not an attention grabber, just posting truly funny and accurate stuff, if you can't handle it go back to preschool and ask your teacher for a hug.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

CockyGeek
December 16th, 2017, 10:53 AM
We all knew how this game was going to go.

TennBison
December 16th, 2017, 11:09 AM
You willing to put money on that? +32?

I hope someone in Vegas made a lot of money, xlolx.

POD Knows
December 16th, 2017, 11:21 AM

EDIT: It may only be on a change of possession.
This is an old article but, like I said, I've seen it called recently on INTs: http://blog.al.com/tide-source/2009/09/blocking_below_the_waist_is_a.html

And again I'm nearly positive these protections apply to both offensive and defensive players.Didn't Carson Wentz get a penalty for doing that exact same thing in that Bison loss down in UNI on a UNI pick, I know I have seen this called before.

Opie11
December 16th, 2017, 11:24 AM
It's unfortunate that a player was hurt on the interception play and nice of him to tweet an apology. Other than that I didn't see much on TV from either team in the way of getting chippy when the score was so out of hand. Kudos to the SHSU players for maintaining their composure when it would have been easy not to. Saw a lot of pats on the back and helping each other up after plays.

POD Knows
December 16th, 2017, 11:26 AM
He did it on a phone which is hard to do and then fight the autocorrects. give him some slackHe probably used an iPhone 5, that Tweet looks like my AGS posts when I use my phone

POD Knows
December 16th, 2017, 11:28 AM
Kind of makes all the folks that ripped the PFL and San Diego look clueless....San Diego was the best team we played in the playoffs, particularly on D.

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2017, 11:49 AM
Didn't Carson Wentz get a penalty for doing that exact same thing in that Bison loss down in UNI on a UNI pick, I know I have seen this called before.
Yeah, and he got one for the Eagles this year too after an INT.

SUPharmacist
December 16th, 2017, 11:53 AM
I am not an attention grabber, just posting truly funny and accurate stuff

Jeez, if only Serpentor realized you were "truly funny." If you think it is so insightful (although others drew attention to the boys comment first), let your comment stand on its own. Seems like you are the one who can't handle any banter.

cx500d
December 16th, 2017, 11:54 AM
He probably used an iPhone 5, that Tweet looks like my AGS posts when I use my phone

Yeah, but I ditched my 5 and bought an 8+...That 5 was annoying, but it lasted me 5 years too.

POD Knows
December 16th, 2017, 11:58 AM
Yeah, and he got one for the Eagles this year too after an INT.Anybody that is defending that play by the SHSU player has their head so far up their ass that they will never see the light of day. I was surprised how tough Klieman came out against the play in the post gamer, he is usually pretty reserved but he was hot and called the play "unethical", maybe he regrets saying that today but I am glad he said it. It doesn't put Jalen back on the field but it shows the players that he has their backs.

NDSUtk
December 16th, 2017, 12:06 PM
Sam Houston to me is so confusing. In one breath I rip on them for their blowout losses. But at the same time, they consistently make it to the semi's or further. I just don't understand how they can get to the final 4 standing and continually get smoked. It really is an anomaly. They manage to win the 2nd round game, which isn't a surprise as they are seeded (Sorry UCA fans). But I'm the quarterfinals they have to play a good team generally. And they win. But then, they just don't compete! It's so confusing to me.

Credit to SHSU and NDSU players last night, great display of sportsmanship all around really. I saw numerous of our players stop as they ran to the student section to celebrate and first congratulate PJ Hall on a great career. I saw many players from both sides helping each other up after plays.

So Sam fans, I love to hate on you, but now I'm starting to realize I might have to respect you even with your season ending losses.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

POD Knows
December 16th, 2017, 12:10 PM
Sam Houston to me is so confusing. In one breath I rip on them for their blowout losses. But at the same time, they consistently make it to the semi's or further. I just don't understand how they can get to the final 4 standing and continually get smoked. It really is an anomaly. They manage to win the 2nd round game, which isn't a surprise as they are seeded (Sorry UCA fans). But I'm the quarterfinals they have to play a good team generally. And they win. But then, they just don't compete! It's so confusing to me.

Credit to SHSU and NDSU players last night, great display of sportsmanship all around really. I saw numerous of our players stop as they ran to the student section to celebrate and first congratulate PJ Hall on a great career. I saw many players from both sides helping each other up after plays.

So Sam fans, I love to hate on you, but now I'm starting to realize I might have to respect you even with your season ending losses.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TapatalkThey should have lost to Kennesaw but that being said, I think both teams showed a lot of class, the low ILLEGAL block was unfortunate but I doubt the SHSU defender was trying to hurt anybody. I actually expected the game to get really chippy after that but it didn't, credit to the teams on both sides of the ball.

TennBison
December 16th, 2017, 12:20 PM
Jeez, if only Serpentor realized you were "truly funny." If you think it is so insightful (although others drew attention to the boys comment first), let your comment stand on its own. Seems like you are the one who can't handle any banter.
So what you are saying is that because someone else has already commented on a topic that no one else can say anything. But if that is the case, you should shut your piehole since someone else has already made mention to my commenting on that topic. I have no problem handling banter, as a matter of fact I invite it so if your up for it then bring it on, unless you can't handle it.

Bear84
December 16th, 2017, 12:23 PM

The difference is playing on the road in a hostile environment vs. playing at home. SHSU doesn't travel well against good defenses. Being so dependent on the offense making up for a lack of defense will make a team more vulnerable.

TennBison
December 16th, 2017, 12:38 PM
They should have lost to Kennesaw but that being said, I think both teams showed a lot of class, the low ILLEGAL block was unfortunate but I doubt the SHSU defender was trying to hurt anybody. I actually expected the game to get really chippy after that but it didn't, credit to the teams on both sides of the ball.
I agree that they should have lost to KSU. It seems that every year they get a pretty good regular season record with only 1 loss, then they get a favorable 2nd and 3rd round matchup. And then they hit a buzzsaw. And that is the problem, you can't call yourself an elite program and get smoked every year in the playoffs by the better teams. I can see a loss, every team is bound to lose some games, even NDSU will not be able to win every year. But to get a xasswhipx every year should be a wakeup that they are nowhere near the level they dream to be. If they lost close games and nail biters I would say yes, but 40+ point blowouts and being held way below season stats (which they cherish so much) in all categories is a joke. And they wonder why they get so much grief and they claim people give them no chance, well yesterday and history are your answer.

Serpentor
December 16th, 2017, 12:41 PM
So what you are saying is that because someone else has already commented on a topic that no one else can say anything. But if that is the case, you should shut your piehole since someone else has already made mention to my commenting on that topic. I have no problem handling banter, as a matter of fact I invite it so if your up for it then bring it on, unless you can't handle it.

No, we're saying you're a toxic POS and no one respects your views.

TennBison
December 16th, 2017, 12:47 PM
The difference is playing on the road in a hostile environment vs. playing at home. SHSU doesn't travel well against good defenses. Being so dependent on the offense making up for a lack of defense will make a team more vulnerable.
No, that is not true, SHSU fans were adamant that the Fargodome was not going to be an issue with the whole environment and the issues it causes opponents.

Lorne_Malvo
December 16th, 2017, 12:47 PM

By "we", who exactly are you referring to other than yourself?
The way I see it, you are the one looking like a fool right now.

TennBison
December 16th, 2017, 12:48 PM
I know you are, but what am I.

Serpentor
December 16th, 2017, 12:52 PM
By "we", who exactly are you referring to other than yourself?
The way I see it, you are the one looking like a fool right now.

You're pretty toxic too, so forgive me if I don't care about the way you see it.

centennial
December 16th, 2017, 12:55 PM
Scott Frost going after Easton Stick?

https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/easton-stick.198396/

NDSUtk
December 16th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Scott Frost going after Easton Stick?

https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/easton-stick.198396/I can't see that happening. But then again, I didn't think Bohl was really going to Wyoming either.

Bison56
December 16th, 2017, 01:02 PM
You're pretty toxic too, so forgive me if I don't care about the way you see it.

Those two morons aren't worth the time.

TennBison
December 16th, 2017, 01:04 PM
Funny how no one respects my views, especially the 2-3 SHSU fans on this site that came to the tailgate, and we talked for 1/2 hour and when they left we were shaking hands and exchanging first names and wishing good luck. Sure I speak my mind and truth hurts. Better than dancing around what is obvious like so many do these days. My points are direct and fair. If you or anyone else don't like them I don't care, I do not represent the views of anyone or any group outside of myself. And I will continue my views and how I feel no matter what others think as long as I follow the rules of this site.

BisonTru
December 16th, 2017, 01:05 PM
I can't see that happening. But then again, I didn't think Bohl was really going to Wyoming either.

Bohl got 3.7 mil guaranteed. They can't offer Stick anything more than a full ride. Wentz just got drafted 2nd overall so it's not as if he needs it for NFL exposure.

On top of that he's going to have to compete for the NE QB position. He's cemented as the starter at NDSU next year.

I'd give this less than a 1% chance of happening and Stick would be foolish making the move.

cx500d
December 16th, 2017, 01:32 PM

That’s bs. They would have got
A beat down in Huntsville too

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 16th, 2017, 02:09 PM
So where did you guys get your info about the refs being Big sky refs. They were CAA refs.

cx500d
December 16th, 2017, 02:12 PM
So where did you guys get your info about the refs being Big sky refs. They were CAA refs.

Whomever they were, they sucked.

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2017, 02:20 PM
Bohl got 3.7 mil guaranteed. They can't offer Stick anything more than a full ride. Wentz just got drafted 2nd overall so it's not as if he needs it for NFL exposure.

On top of that he's going to have to compete for the NE QB position. He's cemented as the starter at NDSU next year.

I'd give this less than a 1% chance of happening and Stick would be foolish making the move.

that's right

Stick already plays for a better FBS team than Nebraska

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2017, 02:39 PM

Unless I'm mistaken he's already enrolled in an MBA program at NDSU for the spring semester. Plus he just graduated this fall so wouldn't that mean he would have to transfer before the spring semester if he wants to grad transfer meaning he couldn't play in Frisco?

TheKingpin28
December 16th, 2017, 02:45 PM
Unless I'm mistaken he's already enrolled in an MBA program at NDSU for the spring semester. Plus he just graduated this fall so wouldn't that mean he would have to transfer before the spring semester if he wants to grad transfer meaning he couldn't play in Frisco?

I just don't see someone wanting to leave a program where he is the shoe-in for the starter next year, bar Hotchkiss and/or Lance shows something that is Carson-esque, and the chance to continually compete for a national title, something he would not get at Lincoln, considering how it will take a year or two before they get turned around again, assuming Frost can get it done.

cx500d
December 16th, 2017, 02:47 PM
I just don't see someone wanting to leave a program where he is the shoe-in for the starter next year, bar Hotchkiss and/or Lance shows something that is Carson-esque, and the chance to continually compete for a national title, something he would not get at Lincoln, considering how it will take a year or two before they get turned around again, assuming Frost can get it done.

Like Vernon Adams from EWU a few years ago?

centennial
December 16th, 2017, 02:48 PM
Plus because of Carson, Easton will get a look.

TheKingpin28
December 16th, 2017, 02:57 PM
Like Vernon Adams from EWU a few years ago?

Lil Shooter should never have left. Same with Prukop at Montana St.

Plus because of Carson, Easton will get a look.

I can see some school trying to scoop him up. He has already fulfilled his obligation to NDSU by not just graduating, but graduating early, so he is free to do what he wants; but with little to no competition behind him, it would be hard-pressed for him to leave, but stranger things have happened.

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2017, 03:00 PM
Let me introduce you to:

http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/sporting_news/c9/2/vernon-adams-jr_1enku67p5rk7r1imkh7mlha3dj.jpg

And:

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/billingsgazette.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/b/d1/bd1a7355-b18c-5f2c-959b-a93ba92350cd/56709b00a8b8b.image.jpg

But I don't see Stick leaving either and I think him graduating in December this year and starting on his MBA at NDSU this spring just confirms that this thought hasn't even entered his mind.

centennial
December 16th, 2017, 03:06 PM
Let me introduce you to:

http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/sporting_news/c9/2/vernon-adams-jr_1enku67p5rk7r1imkh7mlha3dj.jpg

And:

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/billingsgazette.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/b/d1/bd1a7355-b18c-5f2c-959b-a93ba92350cd/56709b00a8b8b.image.jpg

But I don't see Stick leaving either and I think him graduating in December this year and starting on his MBA at NDSU this spring just confirms that this thought hasn't even entered his mind.

Doesn't mean teams don't try. Stick could play in the P5. I think we should be safe.

TheKingpin28
December 16th, 2017, 03:08 PM
Let me introduce you to:

And:

I get why Lil Shooter left, but Prukop should have stayed, even though his coach left. I get the idea of him maybe wanting to be closer to home, but he knows he is the current big man of NDSU (outside of Carson and Brock, who are just Ginger Jesus and King Emeritus respectively) so him leaving would have to mean there is something that none of us know that he knows.

Stick is a solid QB and with Frost running a "Shotgun-Option" orientated offense, it would not play into Stick's strength since that whole RO crap, which sucks, usually leads to bad decisions. Coming from under the center, is what allows for the PA and for Stick to be dangerous with his feet and make the necessary throw when he needs to hit that TE or deep WR route.

Katfan
December 16th, 2017, 03:47 PM

Anywhere sound wasn’t the problem. The fans are quiet on Defense and we couldn’t stop anything.

Katfan
December 16th, 2017, 03:54 PM
Agree, glad we at least win at home.

Katfan
December 16th, 2017, 04:17 PM
Can we finally put the SHSU is elite convo to bed please?
Yes.

Bear84
December 16th, 2017, 04:38 PM

I totally agree that they would have been soundly beaten in Huntsville, but I doubt they have a total meltdown at home like they usually have on the road.

Bisonoline
December 16th, 2017, 04:42 PM

On change of possession its illegal to block below the waste by either the O or D.

BisonTru
December 16th, 2017, 05:10 PM

Wentz didn't unseat Jensen. Sticks spot is safer than a drug dealer in Normal or a rapist in Youngstown. 😉😃

BisonTru
December 16th, 2017, 05:16 PM

Yeah you're prolly right although he could sign up next fall in NE and miss spring ball. Iirc VA had to take some summer classes before he could officially graduate and transfer I the fall.

Either way this isn't happening imo regardless.

katss07
December 16th, 2017, 05:18 PM
SHSU would have beaten anyone in the playoffs outside of SDSU, JMU, NDSU, Wofford and Weber. Anyone. If you are in the playoffs, you are elite. Kats are a good program, but the playoff blowouts HAVE to stop.

We would have been in the game for a bit longer in Huntsville, but would still have been killed.

The Fargodome isn’t as loud as Bridgeforth. Sorry, ESPN. True.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 16th, 2017, 06:05 PM
SHSU would have beaten anyone in the playoffs outside of SDSU, JMU, NDSU, Wofford and Weber. Anyone. If you are in the playoffs, you are elite. Kats are a good program, but the playoff blowouts HAVE to stop.

We would have been in the game for a bit longer in Huntsville, but would still have been killed.

The Fargodome isn’t as loud as Bridgeforth. Sorry, ESPN. True.

I think SHSU could have beaten everyone but NDSU and JMU. Those two are at another level. A SHSU and SDSU game would have been excellent imo.

Serpentor
December 16th, 2017, 06:10 PM
I think SHSU could have beaten everyone but NDSU and JMU. Those two are at another level. A SHSU and SDSU game would have been excellent imo.

Weber might have beat us too. If we play SDSU on their field, yeah, probably them too, but it would be close.

Bisonator
December 16th, 2017, 06:36 PM
Stick to Nebraska haha how do these rumors get started?xlolx

centennial
December 16th, 2017, 06:45 PM
Stick to Nebraska haha how do these rumors get started?xlolx
Scott Frost has been contacting all the grad transfers he can find. And as per the Nebraska board, already has contacted Easton.

Bisonator
December 16th, 2017, 06:52 PM
Scott Frost has been contacting all the grad transfers he can find. And as per the Nebraska board, already has contacted Easton.
Except he can't without permission. And Stick isn't a grad transfer.;)

centennial
December 16th, 2017, 06:53 PM
Except he can't without permission. And Stick isn't a grad transfer.;)

Umm, there are ways around it. And Stick is starting his MBA, so he would be a grad transfer.

Bisonator
December 16th, 2017, 06:56 PM
Umm, there are ways around it. And Stick is starting his MBA, so he would be a grad transfer.
You have to actually transfer to be called a grad transfer. This is nothing more then message board fodder. It has zero legs.

centennial
December 16th, 2017, 06:59 PM
You have to actually transfer to be called a grad transfer. This is nothing more then message board fodder. It has zero legs.

Circular logic 101. Never said he was transferring. He is eligible as a grad transfer. Geez.

Hammerhead
December 16th, 2017, 07:58 PM
Don't grad transfers need to enroll in a graduate program not available at the undergrad school to avoid having to sit out a year?

Herder
December 16th, 2017, 09:48 PM

Frost is going after a grad Transfer from Rutgers, not the NDSU guy. His name is Eastern Stink, different guy.

thebootfitter
December 16th, 2017, 10:14 PM
... If you are in the playoffs, you are elite...
What???

That's got to be about the most liberal definition of elite that I've ever heard. Monmouth is elite now? Central Connecticut State? Elon?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
December 16th, 2017, 10:42 PM
Wentz didn't unseat Jensen. Sticks spot is safer than a drug dealer in Normal or a rapist in Youngstown. 

I know he did not, which is the point I am trying to make. Unless they are a godsend, which Carson is damn near close, it is Stick's until he is out eligibility.

Htownbearkat
December 17th, 2017, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the hospitality in Fargo!

Hats off to NDSU and their fans.

Outsider1
December 18th, 2017, 12:47 PM
Not sure if anyone has posted this: http://www.superiortelegram.com/sports/4375359-kolpack-fcs-football-recruiting-geography-ndsus-friend-not-foe

Derby City Duke
December 19th, 2017, 12:05 AM
Is SHSU's performance impacted at all by the proliferation of off-season 7-on-7 leagues which, much like the AAU basketball circuit, are offensively focused and defensively bankrupt?

beerkat
December 19th, 2017, 08:40 AM
Is SHSU's performance impacted at all by the proliferation of off-season 7-on-7 leagues which, much like the AAU basketball circuit, are offensively focused and defensively bankrupt?

In my opinion, 100% yes. Also high school football in this state is all about the spread and fast paced offense, there is no focus on defense and all the better athletes are funneled to the offensive side of the football.

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2017, 08:53 AM
In my opinion, 100% yes. Also high school football in this state is all about the spread and fast paced offense, there is no focus on defense and all the better athletes are funneled to the offensive side of the football.
I think that's the case most places but one thing that NDSU has done that counteracts this is they move guys who were offensive studs in high school to defense. Jabril Cox, who was the MVFC freshman of the year at LB, was a very good high school QB. Robbie Grimsley, who has already been a two-time all-conference safety and has a year left after this one, was Minnesota's Mr Football as a senior mainly because of his accomplishments as an RB. James Hendricks has been a great backup safety for NDSU this year and he was recruited as a QB and just moved to safety this year as a redshirt sophomore. Getting these high school offensive stars to buy into playing on the defensive side of the ball in college might be tricky in some cases but I think that's a key to building a good defense at the FCS level at least.

Derby City Duke
December 19th, 2017, 10:04 AM
I think that's the case most places but one thing that NDSU has done that counteracts this is they move guys who were offensive studs in high school to defense. Jabril Cox, who was the MVFC freshman of the year at LB, was a very good high school QB. Robbie Grimsley, who has already been a two-time all-conference safety and has a year left after this one, was Minnesota's Mr Football as a senior mainly because of his accomplishments as an RB. James Hendricks has been a great backup safety for NDSU this year and he was recruited as a QB and just moved to safety this year as a redshirt sophomore. Getting these high school offensive stars to buy into playing on the defensive side of the ball in college might be tricky in some cases but I think that's a key to building a good defense at the FCS level at least.

This appears to becoming more common at our level now -- FBS has been doing it for years, moving QBs and good HS WRs/TEs w/o the top--flight skills to play the same positions in college over to the defensive side as DBs and DLs. I know that some of our lineman have swapped to the other side of the neutral zone, but not sure which direction...

Outsider1
December 19th, 2017, 03:04 PM

I think these types of moves make sense. Who better to defend than one who has been on the other end??