PDA

View Full Version : Semifinal: SHSU @ NDSU

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

TennBison
December 12th, 2017, 04:09 PM
Thanks
They do not put enough (if any) salt on them. If I am going to buy a $3.50 pretzel, there better be some bitchin salt going on.

Bearkat04
December 12th, 2017, 04:10 PM
I was guessing that you could buy an entire roast at the Fargo Dome.....

Covered in bacon and cheese

TennBison
December 12th, 2017, 04:18 PM
I was guessing that you could buy an entire roast at the Fargo Dome.....
There is no lack of places in the Fargo Dome to get food to eat. But the best food will be at the tailgates. Fans from opposing teams get treated like kings with lots of the tailgaters pulling you into their tailgates and shoving great food and beer down your throats. You will get a huge amount of BBQ and grilled food for sure. It might be cold outside but many tailgate groups have heated tents and cover, so if tailgating is you thing, bundle up and hit the tailgate lots about 3-4 hours before the game, and make the rounds and get food and drink. They will treat you very well.

Htownbearkat
December 12th, 2017, 05:55 PM
They do not put enough (if any) salt on them. If I am going to buy a $3.50 pretzel, there better be some bitchin salt going on.

Cant remember, do they sell beer in the dome?

Htownbearkat
December 12th, 2017, 05:57 PM
There is no lack of places in the Fargo Dome to get food to eat. But the best food will be at the tailgates. Fans from opposing teams get treated like kings with lots of the tailgaters pulling you into their tailgates and shoving great food and beer down your throats. You will get a huge amount of BBQ and grilled food for sure. It might be cold outside but many tailgate groups have heated tents and cover, so if tailgating is you thing, bundle up and hit the tailgate lots about 3-4 hours before the game, and make the rounds and get food and drink. They will treat you very well.

This! We had a blast tailgating last go around. The pre-game memories alone were enough for our crew to get back to Fargo for this one.

Bisonoline
December 12th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Cant remember, do they sell beer in the dome?

Nope

Bisonoline
December 12th, 2017, 06:02 PM
This! We had a blast tailgating last go around. The pre-game memories alone were enough for our crew to get back to Fargo for this one.

Stop by our tailgate. west lot closest to the dome. Rows D&E spots 19-20. Big white tent. Look for this trailer.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26775&stc=1

BNATION
December 12th, 2017, 07:04 PM
Thank god it's a Friday game. 72 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

katss07
December 12th, 2017, 07:32 PM
Sadly, won’t be able to make the trip to Fargo. Went last time and had an absolute blast. Game started at 7 but I went to start tailgating at 3 or so. What I expected and so much more. I swear I felt sick later that night because of all the delicious food Bison fans handed to me. Everything was outstanding, and Kat fans were treated like kings (until game time). Makes me wanna go to Fargo again. Disappointed I cannot go to witness a big Kats win (hopefully!). Will be watching at home this time, but I will definitely be back.

alvin.kmiec
December 12th, 2017, 08:55 PM
Sammy has folded the last 3 years in the playoffs when they finally went up against a very good defense......35-3.....62-10....65-7...any of those ring a bell?

Bring on the video game offense, lets see how they do against this Bison defense. Bison will run all over Sammy's defense.

Not a "hater" but your defense is crap. Sammy just outscores opponents, which works in the Softland but we'll see if they prove me wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Bison run for over 250....probably over 300.

One thing you are missing. This team players and coach staff is totally different. Just like the Bisons have a different coach and players. All I can say is the Bisons secondary better be ready to cover our speedy receivers and the defensive line be ready to catch a good dosage of running plays to.

alvin.kmiec
December 12th, 2017, 08:58 PM
Have y'all ordered your semi finalists shirts? 😃

Going to look funny when we have shirts made arrows stuck in the Bisons at the championship game.🤣

cx500d
December 12th, 2017, 09:00 PM
Going to look funny when we have shirts made arrows stuck in the Bisons at the championship game.藍

Why would you do that for the championship game? Why not jackrabbit or duke? If you are in the championship game, bisons are irrelevant at that point.

alvin.kmiec
December 12th, 2017, 09:13 PM
Why would you do that for the championship game? Why not jackrabbit or duke? If you are in the championship game, bisons are irrelevant at that point.

After the Bisons eating Bearkats the last two champions games I always wonder what a Bison taste like.😜

cx500d
December 12th, 2017, 09:20 PM
After the Bisons eating Bearkats the last two champions games I always wonder what a Bison taste like.

Try Ted's Montana Grill.

BisonTru
December 12th, 2017, 09:43 PM
Going to look funny when we have shirts made arrows stuck in the Bisons at the championship game.🤣

I like it. You should do that. "We beat the Bisons." It's very... well.... fitting. 😑😃

TennBison
December 12th, 2017, 09:56 PM
Going to look funny when we have shirts made arrows stuck in the Bisons at the championship game.藍

Actually, the funny part, if that did happen, would be you wearing a shirt like that all while you lose the title game for the third time.

Hammerhead
December 12th, 2017, 11:08 PM
The yellow suits are yell leaders who are normally on the sideline in front of the student sections but the NCAA doesn’t allow that so they are in the front row during the playoffs.
Damn! Thats a new one! Slap that onto a sign for the game. I’m sick of seeing the boring “Even Stanta Picks NDSU” sign your students bring out to every game. I mean, they use that at the spring game probably. I’ve seen it millions of times. Mix it up a bit! And what is with the neon tux that one gal always wears??

And I swear the only thing that the announcers will talk about is the noise. They act like they haven’t heard it before! Yes it is loud. But shut up about it. I guarantee on every got dam third down they will talk about the decibel count. Shut up! No one cares. It gets sooooo old.

BNATION
December 13th, 2017, 05:36 AM
I like it. You should do that. "We beat the Bisons." It's very... well.... fitting. 😑😃

lol I hope nobody does this.... the runner up shirts have lived in infamy long enough.

dewey
December 13th, 2017, 05:37 AM
Wear yellow on Friday!

Dewey https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171213/087fd55e8518cf4e2f7c47342ac2e9ce.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2017, 06:09 AM
One thing you are missing. This team players and coach staff is totally different. Just like the Bisons have a different coach and players. All I can say is the Bisons secondary better be ready to cover our speedy receivers and the defensive line be ready to catch a good dosage of running plays to.

Lets see what that vaunted Sammy defense can do on Friday. Hard to score when your offense is on the sideline watching the Bison cut threw that defense...xnodx

I'm confident the Bison defense will step up to the challenge of slowing down the passing game of Sammy.

NDSU has a defense to win the NC, SHSU does not.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2017, 06:25 AM
Briscoe has something like -88 rushing yards for his career. I like the Bison defense against an immobile QB....xnodx

Bring on the video game offense.

Bison56
December 13th, 2017, 06:32 AM

Don't need to worry about covering WRs when the QB is on his back. xthumbsupx
IMO this game, like many, will be decided by the SHSU offensive line and the NDSU defensive line, the winner of that match up wins this game.

Katfan
December 13th, 2017, 08:21 AM
Try Ted's Montana Grill.
Do they have one in Fargo? Been to the one in Bozeman

POD Knows
December 13th, 2017, 08:26 AM
Do they have one in Fargo? Been to the one in BozemanNo, but if you want to try some Bison, go to Mezzaluna and get the Bison Meatloaf, it is pretty good

https://www.dinemezzaluna.com/#menu

BNATION
December 13th, 2017, 08:27 AM
Briscoe has something like -88 rushing yards for his career. I like the Bison defense against an immobile QB....xnodx

Bring on the video game offense. Dont you know video games win Championships? xlolx

Katfan
December 13th, 2017, 08:28 AM
No, but if you want to try some Bison, go to Mezzaluna and get the Bison Meatloaf, it is pretty good

https://www.dinemezzaluna.com/#menu
Thanks. Looks good.

BNATION
December 13th, 2017, 08:31 AM
Its getting closer fellas. Man I am excited for this game. There is no better measuring stick than the best team/program in the country. Like i have stated, i respect how the Bison are built, I think this SH team on the D and O line will be more of strength on strength vs previous years aside from 2011 when we had some tough as nails kids. Should be a fun one. I think its closer than some are assuming.

TheOrangeJoker
December 13th, 2017, 08:44 AM
I have heard many good things about Bison's Tailgating and look forward to meet you all Friday! We all know this will be a much more exciting game then both teams have had all season.

Panthers1995
December 13th, 2017, 08:50 AM
I like it. You should do that. "We beat the Bisons." It's very... well.... fitting. 

I would love to see a beat the Bizzzzzon shirt. Actual question for NDSU fans. Where in the world does the Z come from?

Winindy
December 13th, 2017, 09:24 AM
I would love to see a beat the Bizzzzzon shirt. Actual question for NDSU fans. Where in the world does the Z come from?

both are proper pronunciations.

From Mirriam-Webster:

bison (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bison?pronunciation&lang=en_us&dir=b&file=bison001)

noun (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/noun) bi·son \ ˈbī-sᵊn , -zᵊn \

Bisonoline
December 13th, 2017, 09:47 AM

The way I understand it Bison=singular. Bizon=plural. But as with all things over time its changed to just Bizon .

katstrapper
December 13th, 2017, 10:56 AM

Bring on the video game offense.

Said every defense that he has faced. Just because he doesn't rush for 1000 yds a season doesn't mean he is immobile. Your hatred for Sam Houston is ridiculous.xlolx

TheKingpin28
December 13th, 2017, 11:20 AM
Said every WEAK defense that he has faced. Just because he doesn't rush for 1000 yds a season doesn't mean he is immobile. Your hatred for Sam Houston is ridiculous.xlolx

We know how he does when he shows up against equal/better competition, but repeating the scores to you would just be overkill.

McNeese72
December 13th, 2017, 11:38 AM
The way I understand it Bison=singular. Bizon=plural. But as with all things over time its changed to just Bizon .

All the dictionaries online say that the plural of Bison is Bison. Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things.

Doc

Professor Chaos
December 13th, 2017, 11:43 AM
The game week thread is getting a little slow as we all wait for kickoff so here's something to kill some time and brighten everyone's day....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWnIQbIddYA

TheKingpin28
December 13th, 2017, 11:49 AM
The game week thread is getting a little slow as we all wait for kickoff so here's something to kill some time and brighten everyone's day....

Which one is worse though? This, "Cheney", or "Jack Attack"?

POD Knows
December 13th, 2017, 11:51 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWnIQbIddYAOK, I got 23 seconds into this and had to stop it, man I am glad that NDSU doesn't have anything that stupid.

IBleedYellow
December 13th, 2017, 11:54 AM

Prison.

Say it.

IBleedYellow
December 13th, 2017, 11:57 AM
In the 3 Postseason games that NDSU and SHSU have played NDSU has outscored them 91 to 22.

Each time we had heard about how amazing the SHSU offense and defense was. Each time, same result.

Professor Chaos
December 13th, 2017, 12:14 PM
OK, I got 23 seconds into this and had to stop it, man I am glad that NDSU doesn't have anything that stupid.
It's worth watching for a few seconds (muted of course) at about the 1:58 mark... that's about it.

BNATION
December 13th, 2017, 12:18 PM
In the 3 Postseason games that NDSU and SHSU have played NDSU has outscored them 91 to 22.

Each time we had heard about how amazing the SHSU offense and defense was. Each time, same result.

All truths. Friday will tell the story. If the MVFC is what you say it's then why does NDSU monkey stomp most of them to? Maybe y'all are just that good? Haha.

BNATION
December 13th, 2017, 12:51 PM

At least at 2 min or so some of the cheerleaders are good looking hahha.

centennial
December 13th, 2017, 01:03 PM
All truths. Friday will tell the story. If the MVFC is what you say it's then why does NDSU monkey stomp most of them to? Maybe y'all are just that good? Haha.

NDSU beat Missouri State and SD same as the playoff games. Only blow outs were USD, Indiana State, Missouri State.

3 point win against YSU, 12 against WIU, 16 vs UNI, 13 vs Illinois State, loss to SDSU.

Average margin against playoff teams 34 points.

Hammerhead
December 13th, 2017, 01:04 PM

Do you pronounce former NFL wide receiver Andre Rison's last name a "Rice on" or Rise on"?

Bisonoline
December 13th, 2017, 01:07 PM
Prison.

Say it.

It was Bison when I was in school. Bison is nothing more than revisionist.

Lorne_Malvo
December 13th, 2017, 01:28 PM
Which one is worse though? This, "Cheney", or "Jack Attack"?

Hot hot hot.

Bisonator
December 13th, 2017, 01:34 PM
Prison.

Say it.
Exactly. It's really not that hard people. I don't understand why most of the country gets it wrong.xlolx

Bisonator
December 13th, 2017, 01:44 PM

Yeah like totally.:D

You didn't......wait are they "southern" speedy?xlolx

Bison56
December 13th, 2017, 02:18 PM
When an S is between two vowels it is usually pronounced as a Z.

X-Factor
December 13th, 2017, 02:33 PM

average margin of victory is 23.
2011 - 11
2012 - 26
2014 - 32

So will 2017 be by more than 32? That is quite a stretch, but I’m willing to bet it’s more than 20 and wouldn’t be surprised by 30 or more. Reason being is that Sammy will have just enough offense to keep Kleiman pressing the gas when he might normally lay off in the 2nd half, similar to the USD game

BNATION
December 13th, 2017, 02:48 PM

You didn't......wait are they "southern" speedy?xlolx Oh yea... Super Southerny Speedy...

TheEagleSHSU
December 13th, 2017, 03:11 PM

Yeah dude she’s a total smoke show. I believe she’s a mom now. Still hot.

gsf23nd
December 13th, 2017, 03:17 PM

NDSU should play this as SHSU's intro video.

IBleedYellow
December 13th, 2017, 03:29 PM
Yeah dude she’s a total smoke show. I believe she’s a mom now. Still hot.

Hey look at that, somehow I miss college.

Bison56
December 13th, 2017, 03:53 PM
Oh yea... Super Southerny Speedy...

You mean Texas speed

beerkat
December 13th, 2017, 04:09 PM
average margin of victory is 23.
2011 - 11
2012 - 26
2014 - 32

So will 2017 be by more than 32? That is quite a stretch, but I’m willing to bet it’s more than 20 and wouldn’t be surprised by 30 or more. Reason being is that Sammy will have just enough offense to keep Kleiman pressing the gas when he might normally lay off in the 2nd half, similar to the USD game

how is 2011 and 2012 relevant at all to this game? anybody that played as a freshman in 2014 would be a senior now so there might be a little relevance there, but we have had like a 95% turnover in staff and players since then.

BNATION
December 13th, 2017, 04:28 PM
Is NDSU going to join the Mountain West? I think yall could have won it this year. Could have beat Boles at his new gig haha.

IBleedYellow
December 13th, 2017, 04:28 PM
how is 2011 and 2012 relevant at all to this game? anybody that played as a freshman in 2014 would be a senior now so there might be a little relevance there, but we have had like a 95% turnover in staff and players since then.

Well.

Easy.

While you don't play the same style of offense at all, you still have the same philosophies on offense and defense: IE: Not physical. At all.

BNATION
December 13th, 2017, 04:30 PM
Well.

Easy.

While you don't play the same style of offense at all, you still have the same philosophies on offense and defense: IE: Not physical. At all. To be fair in 2011 that was a dogfight, very physical game and play of "Finesse" actually gave the Bison a victory. Fake punt.

IBleedYellow
December 13th, 2017, 04:32 PM
To be fair in 2011 that was a dogfight, very physical game and play of "Finesse" actually gave the Bison a victory. Fake punt.

Actually, you're 100% right. That 2011 game was a dogfight. It seemed that you started moving away from that after that game.

Point still stands - you've trended away from the physicality which made the 2011 game so close and the margin of victory for NDSU has trended larger during the same time. Shoot - we can point to JMU last year if we need to. Point is, I think NDSU is a bad matchup for SHSU.

BNATION
December 13th, 2017, 04:46 PM
Actually, you're 100% right. That 2011 game was a dogfight. It seemed that you started moving away from that after that game.

Point still stands - you've trended away from the physicality which made the 2011 game so close and the margin of victory for NDSU has trended larger during the same time. Shoot - we can point to JMU last year if we need to. Point is, I think NDSU is a bad matchup for SHSU. Agreed, I think JMU was a bad matchup for most people last year especially without your QB. I think this game is going to surprise people. These kids are playing with nothing to lose and have somewhat of a block on their shoulders. Hopefully they come out swinging. If we make any mistakes that turn into turnovers this game will be 3 scores. If not and we establish any type of run game we can take it to the wire i think.

cx500d
December 13th, 2017, 04:49 PM

I keep seeing these types of comments from the Bison faithful, but it serves no purpose other than smack talk. Any result earlier than yesterday is ancient history and is not necessarily indicative of future results (only exception being Villanova/Delaware).

IBleedYellow
December 13th, 2017, 04:51 PM
I keep seeing these types of comments from the Bison faithful, but it serves no purpose other than smack talk. Any result earlier than yesterday is ancient history and is not necessarily indicative of future results (only exception being Villanova/Delaware).

On the contrary - especially considering Keeler was @ the helm for their last game - it shows the type of game that their program is built on. Which IMO they are not as physical as NDSU.

IBleedYellow
December 13th, 2017, 04:52 PM
Agreed, I think JMU was a bad matchup for most people last year especially without your QB. I think this game is going to surprise people. These kids are playing with nothing to lose and have somewhat of a block on their shoulders. Hopefully they come out swinging. If we make any mistakes that turn into turnovers this game will be 3 scores. If not and we establish any type of run game we can take it to the wire i think.

If you have a RB like Abdullah, I'd like your chances too.

beerkat
December 13th, 2017, 04:58 PM
Well.

Easy.

While you don't play the same style of offense at all, you still have the same philosophies on offense and defense: IE: Not physical. At all.

If that is the point you are trying to make then just say it, don't spout some bs about margin of victory from 6 years ago being a factor in the margin of victory 2 days from now. Not that I agree with your point but whatever. Jam out with your clam out to Olivia Newton John and prove just how physical you are.

Coogkat15
December 13th, 2017, 04:58 PM
On the contrary - especially considering Keeler was @ the helm for their last game - it shows the type of game that their program is built on. Which IMO they are not as physical as NDSU.

Anybody else ready for the game on Friday? Seems like a lot of NDSU faithful are overlooking their opponent. You would thing that a program as storied as yall would know better. I think this forum is titled Any Given Saturday for a reason. I would hope the football program isn't following yalls lead. Because from what I've been reading, the Bearkats might as well not even get off the bus. Not predicting a Bearkat victory but I think the score might be a little closer then most let on. I'm thinking a 42-35 or 28-35 type victory. You guys can argue over who comes out on top.

Professor Chaos
December 13th, 2017, 05:03 PM
Anybody else ready for the game on Friday? Seems like a lot of NDSU faithful are overlooking their opponent. You would thing that a program as storied as yall would know better. I think this forum is titled Any Given Saturday for a reason. I would hope the football program isn't following yalls lead. Because from what I've been reading, the Bearkats might as well not even get off the bus. Not predicting a Bearkat victory but I think the score might be a little closer then most let on. I'm thinking a 42-35 or 28-35 type victory. You guys can argue over who comes out on top.
It doesn't make a bit of difference who us NDSU fans are or aren't looking past.

And I think this might be the first time the "well I guess our team shouldn't even show up" comment has been in this thread. Post #316 for that might be a record for NDSU playoff threads.

Coogkat15
December 13th, 2017, 05:20 PM
It doesn't make a bit of difference who us NDSU fans are or aren't looking past.

And I think this might be the first time the "well I guess our team shouldn't even show up" comment has been in this thread. Post #316 for that might be a record for NDSU playoff threads.

Hey sounds good man! That’s why “the game is played on the field” I was just pointing out an observation. Like one of the previous posters said, the thread was starting to verge towards smack talk. It’s not like Kennesaw State and South Dakota were scrubs. All four teams are the final four standing for a reason.

Katfan
December 13th, 2017, 05:27 PM

You didn't......wait are they "southern" speedy?xlolx
No they aren’t very fast. Actually our receiver who doesn’t play is our fastest player. For what it’s worth. How about we just have a 60 yard dash him vs your fastest player.

Katfan
December 13th, 2017, 05:33 PM
Well.

Easy.

Ok I hope they watch the film on PJ from that game and not his year.

Katfan
December 13th, 2017, 05:35 PM
Boy are you in for a surprise!

IBleedYellow
December 13th, 2017, 05:46 PM
Boy are you in for a surprise!Am I?

The stats from your team this year tell me nothing has changed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

IBleedYellow
December 13th, 2017, 05:46 PM
Anybody else ready for the game on Friday? Seems like a lot of NDSU faithful are overlooking their opponent. You would thing that a program as storied as yall would know better. I think this forum is titled Any Given Saturday for a reason. I would hope the football program isn't following yalls lead. Because from what I've been reading, the Bearkats might as well not even get off the bus. Not predicting a Bearkat victory but I think the score might be a little closer then most let on. I'm thinking a 42-35 or 28-35 type victory. You guys can argue over who comes out on top.Good thing any word I say has zero bearing on the outcome of the game.

IBleedYellow
December 13th, 2017, 05:52 PM
If that is the point you are trying to make then just say it, don't spout some bs about margin of victory from 6 years ago being a factor in the margin of victory 2 days from now. Not that I agree with your point but whatever. Jam out with your clam out to Olivia Newton John and prove just how physical you are.Okay.

I don't think your team is nearly as physical as they need to be to win the football game. History has shown that, and nothing this season has proven that they've changed.

Bisonator
December 13th, 2017, 05:52 PM
Good thing any word I say has zero bearing on the outcome of the game.

Don't you know the team reads these comments and prepares as such. They haven't spent 2 minutes on prep because of us. xlolx

Coogkat15
December 13th, 2017, 05:53 PM

True man! Like I said I look forward to Friday. Let’s hope for a good one! Sucks I can’t make it to Fargo. Boss is a Texas Aggie. I thinks he’s a little bitter his team isn’t competing in a legitimate post season. Let’s hope whoever makes it out of this one does so with minimal injuries!

IBleedYellow
December 13th, 2017, 05:54 PM
True man! Like I said I look forward to Friday. Let’s hope for a good one! Sucks I can’t make it to Fargo. Boss is a Texas Aggie. I thinks he’s a little bitter his team isn’t competing in a legitimate post season. Let’s hope whoever makes it out of this one does so with minimal injuries!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHe's just mad you haven't joined his cult.

Pretend to and he might let you go anywhere you want.

centennial
December 13th, 2017, 05:54 PM
I think SHSU had shown it belongs but I expect NDSU to cover. I would be surprised if they don't.

Serpentor
December 13th, 2017, 06:05 PM

If Matthew McConaughey and Scarlett Johansson can sing it, so can the Bearkats...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AckeLL-_DPE

Game, set, match. *knocks over Professor Chaos' king...*

Katfan
December 13th, 2017, 06:31 PM
Am I?

The stats from your team this year tell me nothing has changed.

Ok. Good luck!

Katfan
December 13th, 2017, 06:33 PM

See we can agree on something!

Katfan
December 13th, 2017, 06:36 PM
I think SHSU had shown it belongs but I expect NDSU to cover. I would be surprised if they don't.
You might be right, but what I’ve seen of the Bison this year I’d be surprised if we don’t cover unless you get several turnovers

Coogkat15
December 13th, 2017, 06:37 PM
He's just mad you haven't joined his cult.

Pretend to and he might let you go anywhere you want.

Trueeee! We’re like 40 mins from A&M and it’s like a disease! I joke that we’re the lone rebellion in the heart of Aggie land!

IBleedYellow
December 13th, 2017, 06:41 PM
Trueeee! We’re like 40 mins from A&M and it’s like a disease! I joke that we’re the lone rebellion in the heart of Aggie land!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkOne of my best friends went to TAMU. She's nuts.

I love her to death. But she's fully indoctrinated. It's...a cult. They don't even deny it.

Katfan
December 13th, 2017, 06:42 PM
For the fans that were at the 2011 game, you should know that someone ran a fake punt against us this year and we actually stopped it. That’s the first time every other time since 2011 it’s worked. That’s an omen in our favor. Thought you should know before you bet the house on this game.

Bisonator
December 13th, 2017, 06:43 PM
So which team that SHSU beat this season was the most physical? And how does that team compare to NDSU?

Katfan
December 13th, 2017, 06:43 PM
One of my best friends went to TAMU. She's nuts.

I love her to death. But she's fully indoctrinated. It's...a cult. They don't even deny it.

It seriously is and I’m so tired of hearing their damn fight song at weddings.

Katfan
December 13th, 2017, 06:50 PM
So which team that SHSU beat this season was the most physical? And how does that team compare to NDSU?
That’s tough to say because your O line is so big compared to most. It will be interesting to see how our Dline plays. Your D line on the other hand isn’t as big as some we’ve played but quicker. So there isn’t in my mine a good comparison. Others may see it differently. If our D line can’t cause some problems and our Oline can’t protect or if we get so predictable on O it will be tough for Briscoe to get the ball down field which I think we have to do to have a shot in this game.

G_funky
December 13th, 2017, 07:06 PM
Ok I hope they watch the film on PJ from that game and not his year.

And I certainly hope that Sammy’s faith in their defense falls squarely on the shoulders of one individual.

Katfan
December 13th, 2017, 07:09 PM
And I certainly hope that Sammy’s faith in their defense falls squarely on the shoulders of one individual.

Wow I’m honored to warrant your first post. But even though PJ will be the baddest man on the field, he will have help.

BisonFan02
December 13th, 2017, 07:15 PM
Wow I’m honored to warrant your first post. But even though PJ will be the baddest man on the field for SHSU, he will have help.

FYP.

G_funky
December 13th, 2017, 08:19 PM
Wow I’m honored to warrant your first post. But even though PJ will be the baddest man on the field, he will have help.

I’m eager to see just how “bad” this man is. He’s had the luxury of playing the physical equivalent to basketball over the last 14 weeks.

I mean I would assume you can complete understand the skepticism surrounding the Kat’s ability to defend the run - Against the only team on your schedule with a sniff of physicality and a running game (KSU)...your defense gave up over 350 yards on the ground.

If PJ Hall and co are as capable as y’all say...well then you must have done one hell of a job concealing their true identity all season.

BNATION
December 13th, 2017, 08:29 PM
I’m eager to see just how “bad” this man is. He’s had the luxury of playing the physical equivalent to basketball over the last 14 weeks.

I mean I would assume you can complete understand the skepticism surrounding the Kat’s ability to defend the run - Against the only team on your schedule with a sniff of physicality and a running game (KSU)...your defense gave up over 350 yards on the ground.

If PJ Hall and co are as capable as y’all say...well then you must have done one hell of a job concealing their true identity all season.

If you didn't watch the game it easy to say. They broke 3-4 big runs on counters aside from their first possession SH did a really good job of playing the option. Against straight ahead run teams. SELA, Nicholls, and SFA SH did a really good job of playing the run. I think you will see that the Bisons big gainers will be on the PA pass for the most part.

JSUSoutherner
December 13th, 2017, 08:31 PM
PJ Hall is a beast, no doubt.

DeLuca is a freak. He's EVERYWHERE.

Unfortunately for SHSU, DeLuca's supporting cast is few notches above Hall's.

G_funky
December 13th, 2017, 08:32 PM
If you didn't watch the game it easy to say. They broke 3-4 big runs on counters aside from their first possession SH did a really good job of playing the option. Against straight ahead run teams. SELA, Nicholls, and SFA SH did a really good job of playing the run. I think you will see that the Bisons big gainers will be on the PA pass for the most part.

Yes, I’ve heard it’s difficult to defend play action when you have to commit 9 to the box to defend the run.

BNATION
December 13th, 2017, 08:36 PM
PJ Hall is a beast, no doubt.

DeLuca is a freak. He's EVERYWHERE.

Unfortunately for SHSU, DeLuca's supporting cast is few notches above Hall's.

Undoubtedly so.

G_funky
December 13th, 2017, 08:44 PM

And your examples of success against “straight ahead running teams” shouldn’t provide abundant confidence. Those teams are hot garbage...with the exception of Nichols, maybe. Although I did watch their first round game against USD and I think calling them a downhill running team is a bit of a stretch.

I mean, realistically, your examples would compare well with NDSU fans saying that since we played teams like Missouri State and Indiana State that run a spread offense and we destroyed them, then we will be more than ready for this high powered Kats offense.

That’s clearly absurd, as we know “styles of offense” don’t hold the jock of “quality of offense”.

BNATION
December 13th, 2017, 09:34 PM
Yes, I’ve heard it’s difficult to defend play action when you have to commit 9 to the box to defend the run.

Blah blah blah. Is your box funky? I would never commit my 9 to a funky box... 😂

Bearkat04
December 13th, 2017, 09:36 PM

you are a NDSU fan so you clearly have every right to feel confident about a win and based on previous games you can see we give up points on defense. But any knowledgeable person here will tell you PJ HALL has pretty much dominated his competition for 4 straight years. If that doesn't sway your opinion go look at the record books under Tackles For Loss. And if that still doesn't sway it then go watch game tape and see that he has done that for 3+ years while being double and triple teamed. PJ IMO will be the first player on the field Friday night drafted so take that for what it's worth

Bisonoline
December 13th, 2017, 09:41 PM
Impressed. I have a lot of coworkers in ND who love the Bison and coming down to Texas to drink beer and eat good Cajun food. Like I said. As far as what you people like, Beer, football, and food, you are high on my "likable" list. I just hate your football team ;).

Just finished the second pot.http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26783&stc=1

cx500d
December 13th, 2017, 09:45 PM
Just finished the second pot.http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26783&stc=1

Pardon....Do you have a roux?

Bisonoline
December 13th, 2017, 09:52 PM
Pardon....Do you have a roux?

I do.

Made 12 qts. Thats the finished product. Shrimp and crawfish wont go in till I heat it up tomorrow.

The color and taste will change as it sits over night.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2017, 05:40 AM
Said every defense that he has faced. Just because he doesn't rush for 1000 yds a season doesn't mean he is immobile. Your hatred for Sam Houston is ridiculous.xlolx

xlolx

What defense in the Softland.....??.....xlolx

He's going to get crushed....xnodx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2017, 05:49 AM
Boy are you in for a surprise!

Sammy's defense is horrible and they win by being in a soft conference and just outscoring people. Sammy has proven over and over and over that when coming up against a very good defensive team, that can shut them down or really slow down their offense that they fold up. The scores in the playoffs have proven that and this year's version of the vaunted Sammy defense is not different.

Hey, kudos to being the best team outside NDSU in the last 7-8 years but to win a NC you need a good defense to stop another team. Sammy has had that once but so did the other team and it came down to the end.

Keeler needs to stack the box to slow down the run because playing in that base defense will get Sammy run out of the dome and Stick is definitely good enough to beat them with the pass.

Good luck on Friday.... xnodx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2017, 06:01 AM
you are a NDSU fan so you clearly have every right to feel confident about a win and based on previous games you can see we give up points on defense. But any knowledgeable person here will tell you PJ HALL has pretty much dominated his competition for 4 straight years. If that doesn't sway your opinion go look at the record books under Tackles For Loss. And if that still doesn't sway it then go watch game tape and see that he has done that for 3+ years while being double and triple teamed. PJ IMO will be the first player on the field Friday night drafted so take that for what it's worth

Hall is very good but there are 10 other guys out there on defense also. He cannot be everywhere at once on every defensive play. Sammy will stack the box on obvious running situations....they have to because this game will be over if they do not.

I'm sure Sammy will get some plays in the passing game, Briscoe is a good player along with the WR corp but will that be enough. It is hard to score on offense when they are sitting on the sideline....xeyebrowx

BNATION
December 14th, 2017, 06:03 AM

Hell yea. Wish I was making it up.

katss07
December 14th, 2017, 06:51 AM
xlolx

What defense in the Softland.....??.....xlolx

He's going to get crushed....xnodx
How about the UCA defense. Or the Kennesaw one.

It it doesn’t really sting when you call it the Softland. The second best team in the conference is one of the four best teams in FCS Football.

dewey
December 14th, 2017, 06:52 AM
Happy Bison football eve all!

Dewey https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171214/a86e03de16400ad455186afd659cdc1d.jpg

katss07
December 14th, 2017, 06:54 AM
Sammy's defense is horrible and they win by being in a soft conference and just outscoring people. Sammy has proven over and over and over that when coming up against a very good defensive team, that can shut them down or really slow down their offense that they fold up. The scores in the playoffs have proven that and this year's version of the vaunted Sammy defense is not different.

Hey, kudos to being the best team outside NDSU in the last 7-8 years but to win a NC you need a good defense to stop another team. Sammy has had that once but so did the other team and it came down to the end.

Keeler needs to stack the box to slow down the run because playing in that base defense will get Sammy run out of the dome and Stick is definitely good enough to beat them with the pass.

Good luck on Friday.... xnodx
Okay, so we are good enough to beat “weak teams” and our defense is “horrible”. Yet who did we beat to get here? USD and Kennesaw! All you could talk about was Strev for a week. Then we played Kennesaw, good offense and odds stacked against us. We stopped them too. You can tell us we win because we play in a soft conference in the regular season. But once we have made 5 semis in 7 years, then yeah. Its nothing but irrelevant.

Bison56
December 14th, 2017, 07:01 AM
Okay, so we are good enough to beat “weak teams” and our defense is “horrible”. Yet who did we beat to get here? USD and Kennesaw! All you could talk about was Strev for a week. Then we played Kennesaw, good offense and odds stacked against us. We stopped them too. You can tell us we win because we play in a soft conference in the regular season. But once we have made 5 semis in 7 years, then yeah. Its nothing but irrelevant.

A seeded team with odds stacked against them vs an unseeded team? xcrazyxxcrazyx You do know why SHSU was seeded and KSU wasn't right?

BNATION
December 14th, 2017, 07:11 AM
A seeded team with odds stacked against them vs an unseeded team? xcrazyxxcrazyx You do know why SHSU was seeded and KSU wasn't right? I think what my friend in orange is trying to say is FCS fans did not give SH much of a chance against USD or KSU. I can go back to those game threads if you'd like and grab dozens of MVFC fans who said we would get dominated and run off the field by KSU. And they said Strev and company had a better defense than SH and there were many predictions of 48-31. Doesnt really matter to me a win is a win in the playoffs. NDSU is on a level by itself. It bothers me that everyone is trying to put JMU in that category..... They won A championship, not 5 in a row...

Htownbearkat
December 14th, 2017, 07:24 AM

Looks good. i make gumbo all the time. Looking forward to a sample.

POD Knows
December 14th, 2017, 07:25 AM
Well, I picked SHSU to win this game so, Bear Kats, you had a nice season and I am sure you will be in contention again in 2018.

G_funky
December 14th, 2017, 09:04 AM

What I’ve yet to comprehend is your overwhelming confidence in your defense’s ability to stop the NDSU’s run game based on the performance of one individual. I’m sure, based on his accolades, that he will be a factor...but he’s one guy, man.

And for the record..my confidence in NDSU’s ability is score points and move the football on the ground is not some homer opinion. When you played both USD and KSU I thought they’d have success offensively because your defense is terrible. And it showed out...the Kats only gave up 1000 total yards between the two games. Just happened to be USD’s defense is swiss cheese and KSU couldn’t match up. Also for the record, I never thought those teams would flat beat you...so it’s not like im downgrading your competition to strengthen my argument. I just figured those games would be close bc SH’s defense hasn’t shown the ability to stop any offense with a pulse.

Daytripper
December 14th, 2017, 10:17 AM
Well, I picked SHSU to win this game so, Bear Kats, you had a nice season and I am sure you will be in contention again in 2018.

Bastard. :(

IBleedYellow
December 14th, 2017, 10:21 AM
"It seems like they can just plug running backs in and each turns into a star."

KC Keeler on NDSU.

alvin.kmiec
December 14th, 2017, 10:45 AM
Actually, the funny part, if that did happen, would be you wearing a shirt like that all while you lose the title game for the third time.

😫😫😫😫😫

BisonBacker
December 14th, 2017, 10:55 AM

Now I'm hungry!!

Thunderstruck
December 14th, 2017, 11:03 AM
5 dimes has Bison favored by 21.5......Emory Hunt picked SHSU...... hmmmm?????

alvin.kmiec
December 14th, 2017, 11:04 AM
One of my best friends went to TAMU. She's nuts.

They are crazy. I live about 60 miles from college Station and most of the people around here would kill to go to Texas A&M. The only thing I can say good about them is the fans turn out good or bad times. Our students are just lazy and would rather watch from their tv than go to the game. They never understand the excitement from being there in person.

POD Knows
December 14th, 2017, 11:06 AM
5 dimes has Bison favored by 21.5......Emory Hunt picked SHSU...... hmmmm?????Emory and I are geniuses when it comes to picking this stuff, I picked SHSU and I believe that my prognostication regarding games speaks for itself.

Bison56
December 14th, 2017, 11:10 AM

The Czar of the Playbookxcoffeex

Remember his QB ratingsxdrunkyx

Cardale Jones - Ohio State
Dalyn Williams - Dartmouth
Trevone Boykin - TCU
Cody Kessler - USC
Jared Goff - California
Jacoby Brissett - North Carolina State
Vernon Adams Jr. - Oregon
Dak Prescott - Mississippi State
Connor Cook - Michigan State
Vad Lee - James Madison
Kyle Washington - Angelo State
Carson Wentz - North Dakota State
Paxton Lynch - Memphis
John Robertson - Villanova
Christian Hackenberg - Penn State

Thunderstruck
December 14th, 2017, 11:21 AM

Trevone Boykin - TCU
Cody Kessler - USC
Jared Goff - California
Vad Lee - James Madison
Paxton Lynch - Memphis

Exactly...so my 41-20 Bison thinking is way off...... 51-10 Bison is more realistic

Daytripper
December 14th, 2017, 11:32 AM

Trevone Boykin - TCU
Cody Kessler - USC
Jared Goff - California
Vad Lee - James Madison
Paxton Lynch - Memphis

Well, he was right about Paxton Lynch and Christian Hackenberg....

TheKingpin28
December 14th, 2017, 11:56 AM

Trevone Boykin - TCU
Cody Kessler - USC
Jared Goff - California
Vad Lee - James Madison
Paxton Lynch - Memphis

#awfulwhiteqbs

Schism55
December 14th, 2017, 03:38 PM
Emory Hunt is the nut low...is it possible he has CTE or is just straight up trolling?

Bison56
December 14th, 2017, 04:39 PM
Emory Hunt is the nut low...is it possible he has CTE or is just straight up trolling?

He trolls for clicks. I bet he can't even spell football.

TennBison
December 14th, 2017, 07:34 PM
He trolls for clicks. I bet he can't even spell football.
Here is my pick for the game. SHSU will get some yardage and points, but nowhere close to their average. Maybe in the 17-24 point range. NDSU will be the toughest test yet. Good to better than average defenses have held SHSU well below their averages and NDSU is one of the best defenses out there. NDSU will quite simply outscore SHSU (of course you have to in order to win) on a steady pace. 24-10 at the half and 44-20 at the end type of thing. NDSU run game will wear down the SHSU defense and the passing game will do what it takes to neutralize SH from loading the box with 8. Bison TE's play a big part in this one.

Nickels
December 14th, 2017, 08:36 PM
https://twitter.com/KAGS_Colin/status/941454693980672000

Twentysix
December 15th, 2017, 04:32 AM
https://twitter.com/KAGS_Colin/status/941454693980672000Cool to see their reactions. Thanks for posting!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

dewey
December 15th, 2017, 06:04 AM
GAME DAY!

My prediction
NDSU 42
SHSU 21

Dewey

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171215/14da48a404aef6da088111b713128641.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2017, 06:34 AM
Ready for a classic Bison beat down in the running game tonight!!!

35-3
62-10
65-7

The trend continues tonight: Bison 45-13

Kind of some interesting stats here:

SHSU has given up more than 30 points in a game 7 times this year.

NDSU has given up 30 points in a game only 6 times since............................................. ...........................2010.

Bison crush this weak defense tonight....xlolx

BNATION
December 15th, 2017, 06:49 AM

35-3
62-10
65-7

NDSU has given up 30 points in a game only 6 times since............................................. ...........................2010.

You willing to put money on that? +32?

katss07
December 15th, 2017, 06:54 AM
Just don’t get blown out today!

katss07
December 15th, 2017, 06:54 AM
Just don’t get blown out today!

Gil Dobie
December 15th, 2017, 08:14 AM
Heading out in a few minutes, 3.5 hour drive to Fargo. Looking for a great game tonight.

If you are looking for something to do Saturday, before the SDSU/JMU game starts, we have a sports memorabilia show at the Holiday Inn.

IT's GAME DAY!

TennBison
December 15th, 2017, 08:23 AM

Are you even going to be at the game? Because if not then why are you asking if someone is willing to put money on something when you will not even be there to pay up?

BNATION
December 15th, 2017, 08:25 AM
Are you even going to be at the game? Because if not then why are you asking if someone is willing to put money on something when you will not even be there to pay up?

There's this thing called Venmo or PayPal. It's like magic....

Daytripper
December 15th, 2017, 08:29 AM
Game day has finally arrived! Hoping for a clean, competitive, injury-free game that is not decided by the officiating crew....

Hammerhead
December 15th, 2017, 08:33 AM
NDSU will just do lots of runs on the outside. San Diego had sack record-holder Jonathan Petersen on their D-line and the game was a blowout.

Hall is very good but there are 10 other guys out there on defense also. He cannot be everywhere at once on every defensive play. Sammy will stack the box on obvious running situations....they have to because this game will be over if they do not.

I'm sure Sammy will get some plays in the passing game, Briscoe is a good player along with the WR corp but will that be enough. It is hard to score on offense when they are sitting on the sideline....xeyebrowx

ElCid
December 15th, 2017, 08:35 AM

35-3
62-10
65-7

I keep thinking it will be bigger, but I am going to go with a smaller spread. Going with my first impression again instead of after I chewed on it over and over again. I always get bit when I do that.

37-20 hairy cows.

MrLahey
December 15th, 2017, 08:36 AM
Is there any update on the status of Yedidiah Louis?

TennBison
December 15th, 2017, 08:37 AM
I loved seeing and hearing the reaction of the SHSU players when they got off those three busses. I was at the dome making a delivery for the concessions when they pulled in (I work for Cole Paper). Most of their players were in awe of the Fargo Dome when they walked through the Northwest corner entrance from the shipping dock area. Comments like "wish we had this", this place is crazy chill (whatever the hell that means), where day git the ching for this, and so on and so forth (is english even a class at SHSU ?). Just looking and seeing them looking around with their mouths open looking in amazement tells the whole story, they might not ever tell you that they feel it, but it is there, SHOCK AND AWE. More than likely they have already lost the game.

POD Knows
December 15th, 2017, 08:38 AM
NDSU will have over 100 yards of PI penalties as Briscoe throws 50/50 ball after 50/50 ball in an attempt to get something going. Bison still win going away.

Serpentor
December 15th, 2017, 08:38 AM
I loved seeing and hearing the reaction of the SHSU players when they got off those three busses. I was at the dome making a delivery for the concessions when they pulled in (I work for Cole Paper). Most of their players were in awe of the Fargo Dome when they walked through the Northwest corner entrance from the shipping dock area. Comments like "wish we had this", this place is crazy chill (whatever the hell that means), where day git the ching for this, and so on and so forth (is english even a class at SHSU ?). Just looking and seeing them looking around with their mouths open looking in amazement tells the whole story, they might not ever tell you that they feel it, but it is there, SHOCK AND AWE. More than likely they have already lost the game.

Fiction can be fun. I'm sure they're looking forward to smashing the Bison on their home field.

Bison56
December 15th, 2017, 08:40 AM
Its going to be a nail-biter.

TennBison
December 15th, 2017, 08:41 AM
There's this thing called Venmo or PayPal. It's like magic....

Never heard of Venmo, and never tried Pay Pal, always thought it was for commercial use, not direct payments between people for betting. I always thought of PayPal as a source for those who can't get credit cards, or those who try to avoid legal transactions.

TennBison
December 15th, 2017, 08:43 AM
Fiction can be fun. I'm sure they're looking forward to smashing the Bison on their home field.
You would HOPE so.

Serpentor
December 15th, 2017, 08:46 AM

Yeah, I'm sure no black person at North Dakota State talks that way... xeyebrowx

Bison56
December 15th, 2017, 08:48 AM
Yeah, I'm sure no black person at North Dakota State talks that way... xeyebrowx

You betchaxlolx

TennBison
December 15th, 2017, 08:49 AM
They said that in 2014 also (well something very close to it anyway). But instead SHSU got butt stomped.

TennBison
December 15th, 2017, 08:50 AM
Who said anything about a black person???? Why would you assume the people who said those things were black?xdontknowx

Serpentor
December 15th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Who said anything about a black person???? Why would you assume the people who said those things were black?xdontknowx

I think it's pretty obvious what you were hinting at. xeyebrowx

TennBison
December 15th, 2017, 08:58 AM
Truth is, I have no idea which players said those things, I was standing up against the wall as they walked by by me right where it opened up to the field. Their backs were to me but they were only 5-10 feet away.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's pretty obvious what you were hinting at. xeyebrowx
No, actually I was not hinting at it. You just decided to go that way.

Serpentor
December 15th, 2017, 09:02 AM
In any case, game day, yay!

Daytripper
December 15th, 2017, 09:03 AM

Of all the NDSU posters who I think are tools, you are by far the worst. And it's not even close.

IBleedYellow
December 15th, 2017, 09:03 AM
NDSU will have over 100 yards of PI penalties as Briscoe throws 50/50 ball after 50/50 ball in an attempt to get something going. Bison still win going away.

I just got inherently angry realizing this.

BisonFan02
December 15th, 2017, 09:04 AM
I just got inherently angry realizing this.

#bigskyofficials

TennBison
December 15th, 2017, 09:09 AM
Of all the NDSU posters who I think are tools, you are by far the worst. And it's not even close.
Thank you. Just don't get mad because I speak the truth. I am sure that in the end we will all laugh about this.

TennBison
December 15th, 2017, 09:51 AM
Just wondering, what has the SHSU school week been like for the players with classes. NDSU had finals this week and graduation is today at 2pm for 14 of the seniors with them running right back to the Fargodome I would think after a brief time with family after graduation.

POD Knows
December 15th, 2017, 10:07 AM
#bigskyofficialsWasn't it BSC officials calling the game when we had all those phantom PI penalties in that one playoff game??

TheKingpin28
December 15th, 2017, 10:20 AM
Sucks I work until 7pm (switched my schedule so I did not get done at 10pm) but I am going to have to drive like a bat out of hell to get home in time for kickoff. Lucky for me, work is 5 minutes away so I will be cutting it close.

Final Score

38-10 NDSU

dewey
December 15th, 2017, 10:22 AM
Does SHSU have graduation today or tomorrow?

IIRC 14 NDSU players are graduating today.

Congratulations to the graduating players from both schools.

Dewey

TennBison
December 15th, 2017, 10:27 AM
Wasn't it BSC officials calling the game when we had all those phantom PI penalties in that one playoff game??
What crew called the EWU game last year at the dome when I swore it seemed like we painted the field yellow.

BNATION
December 15th, 2017, 10:32 AM
Yedi is a go and graduation was last week.

POD Knows
December 15th, 2017, 10:43 AM
What crew called the EWU game last year at the dome when I swore it seemed like we painted the field yellow.I don't remember and I don't even really remember the game but it seemed like we got flagged for every contested 50/50 ball that went up, I thought it was a SDSU playoff game but I don't recall. I just remember us getting shredded against EWU, I don't remember if there were that many penalties.

Serpentor
December 15th, 2017, 10:55 AM

Was Yedi ever in doubt? I thought it was Davion who had ice on the ankle.

TennBison
December 15th, 2017, 10:57 AM
I don't remember and I don't even really remember the game but it seemed like we got flagged for every contested 50/50 ball that went up, I thought it was a SDSU playoff game but I don't recall. I just remember us getting shredded against EWU, I don't remember if there were that many penalties.
22 total penalties that game. 13 on the Bison for 137 yards.

POD Knows
December 15th, 2017, 11:02 AM
22 total penalties that game. 13 on the Bison for 137 yards.We had 11 penalties for over 100 yards in that close SDSU game in 2014, I think that is the game I was thinking of, CJ Smith got tagged for a few questionable PI's I think.

uni88
Never heard of Venmo, and never tried Pay Pal, always thought it was for commercial use, not direct payments between people for betting. I always thought of PayPal as a source for those who can't get credit cards, or those who try to avoid legal transactions.Bet a hat. Exchange info via pm. Loser ships the winner a hat from loser's school's bookstore. That or join the 21st century.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

TennBison

NDSU has always had graduation during the week of the Semis (or it seems like it). Thank god for the players we have been getting home games for seven straight years. Must be nuts having to not only get ready for a game, but graduating and finals and having to travel to an away game. Bison are blessed to be at home in all these playoff games. To many people forget about the fact that these kids need to balance not only football at this time but finals as well, they are first and foremost STUDENT athletes.

uni88
December 15th, 2017, 11:03 AM
You betchaxlolxLOL

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Outsider1
December 15th, 2017, 12:05 PM
NDSU has always had graduation during the week of the Semis (or it seems like it). Thank god for the players we have been getting home games for seven straight years. Must be nuts having to not only get ready for a game, but graduating and finals and having to travel to an away game. Bison are blessed to be at home in all these playoff games. To many people forget about the fact that these kids need to balance not only football at this time but finals as well, they are first and foremost STUDENT athletes.

Thanks, I think sometimes we overlook this.

Nickels
December 15th, 2017, 12:23 PM
Does SHSU have graduation today or tomorrow?

IIRC 14 NDSU players are graduating today.

Congratulations to the graduating players from both schools.

Dewey
Finished last week. This week was 100% football.

jmufan999
December 15th, 2017, 12:32 PM
not quite sure how a Venmo bet is any better than saying you'd mail a check. all someone would have to do in order to welch is simply NOT Venmo afterward. and the welching probability would be high.

Bisonator
December 15th, 2017, 12:35 PM
Finished last week. This week was 100% football.
That's definitely an advantage for SHSU. Probably evens out with the travel and non home game.

MrLahey
December 15th, 2017, 12:38 PM
not quite sure how a Venmo bet is any better than saying you'd mail a check. all someone would have to do in order to welch is simply NOT Venmo afterward. and the welching probability would be high.

Are you insinuating that two complete internet strangers wouldn't have the integrity to uphold a gentlemen's bet? xrotatehx

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2017, 12:39 PM
We had 11 penalties for over 100 yards in that close SDSU game in 2014, I think that is the game I was thinking of, CJ Smith got tagged for a few questionable PI's I think.
That was a CAA crew for that SDSU playoff game in 2014... I'll never forget how awful they were (on both sides).

Unless I'm mistaken I believe the 2016 EWU regular season game was a MVFC crew.

I seem to recall a video of Richmond players who were graduating in December 2015 getting their diplomas on the plane to Fargo for the semifinals that year.

Make the bet a $100 donation to AGS for the loser. I know ursus said recently that he was close to covering the tab for the upcoming year but not quite there yet. http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?199631-Dime-Time&p=2588283&viewfull=1#post2588283

If the loser welches on that we can tirelessly shame him.

POD Knows
December 15th, 2017, 12:41 PM
That was a CAA crew for that SDSU playoff game in 2014... I'll never forget how awful they were (on both sides).

Unless I'm mistaken I believe the 2015 EWU regular season game was a MVFC crew.

I seem to recall a video of Richmond players who were graduating in December 2015 getting their diplomas on the plane to Fargo for the semifinals that year.Which game had all the crappy PI penalties?

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2017, 12:45 PM
Which game had all the crappy PI penalties?
That NDSU/SDSU game had a few IIRC. I know I remember a horrible defensive holding penalty extending an early SDSU TD drive. I also remember SDSU getting an awful PF called on them on a late hit. Then there was the "tipped pass" call that originally negated a PI on SDSU when the SDSU LB was a full 8' away from the ball (that was overturned and the penalty was reinstated on review though). They had numerous stoppages as well in that game to figure out the clock and other things that a good crew does without hardly any stoppages or the crowd even noticing that much.

Daytripper
December 15th, 2017, 12:48 PM
SHSU had a graduation in-flight...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZcrxGoL7j4

CappinHard
December 15th, 2017, 12:51 PM
Never heard of Venmo, and never tried Pay Pal, always thought it was for commercial use, not direct payments between people for betting. I always thought of PayPal as a source for those who can't get credit cards, or those who try to avoid legal transactions.

This would be a bold move.

Also, venmo, paypal, and square cash (my favorite), are all legit ways to transfer money person to person. I use it to pay/collect weekly wagers on the golf course, and especially to pay/collect fantasy football payments.

The Pud
December 15th, 2017, 12:58 PM
That's definitely an advantage for SHSU. Probably evens out with the travel and non home game.#wooooooooooooooo!#giddy #up

TennBison
December 15th, 2017, 01:13 PM
Only 44 pages so far. I have to admit I thought this thread would have been closer to the 80's or even 100 before kickoff.

BearKatProud
December 15th, 2017, 01:23 PM
Hey Bison fans...best of luck today. You have an incredible team, great fans and an outstanding program. #Respect

I'm still pulling for my 'Kats.

Bisonoline
December 15th, 2017, 01:26 PM
Hey Bison fans...best of luck today. You have an incredible team, great fans and an outstanding program. #Respect

I'm still pulling for my 'Kats.

I look forward to a great game. I hope each team plays well and nobody gets hurt..

BNATION
December 15th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Was Yedi ever in doubt? I thought it was Davion who had ice on the ankle.

No. He's been good. Davion is playing. Had a good week of practice. Huge to have a healthy receiver corps for this game.

BNATION
December 15th, 2017, 01:31 PM

Well we were raised to honor our word in this part of the country and anyone who makes a bet with me will receive their money that night after the game. Thanks and God bless from the republic of Texas.

BisonFan02
December 15th, 2017, 01:33 PM
Well we were raised to honor our word in this part of the country and anyone who makes a bet with me will receive their money that night after the game. Thanks and God bless from the republic of Texas.

I wager avatars......its a dangerous proposition. xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2017, 02:01 PM

Oh bullcrap....I'm #1 in your book.....xnodx

- - - Updated - - -

#bigskyofficials

Really??

xbangxxpissedx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2017, 02:06 PM

$100

Dang right I will. In fact, if I lose I'll send the money to Ursus as a donation. You lose, you do the same.

I already send a donation every year, no big deal to put a C-note in there if I lose.

BisonFan02
December 15th, 2017, 02:09 PM
Oh bullcrap....I'm #1 in your book.....xnodx

- - - Updated - - -

Really??

xbangxxpissedx

No, I have no idea other than it won't be MVFC or Southland. I would guess it would be.....but who knows. The other game will probably see a Patriot, SoCoN, or Big South crew.

POD Knows
December 15th, 2017, 03:03 PM
Bison are wearing yellow jerseys and the harvest helmets, is it too late for SHSU to turn the plane around and go home.

CappinHard
December 15th, 2017, 03:10 PM
$100

Dang right I will. In fact, if I lose I'll send the money to Ursus as a donation. You lose, you do the same.

I already send a donation every year, no big deal to put a C-note in there if I lose.

You're giving 32 points?

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/24/00/2a/24002aae977f78561f9b4ceb77fb16bd--old-school-meme-school-s.jpg

POD Knows
December 15th, 2017, 03:19 PM
You're giving 32 points?

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/24/00/2a/24002aae977f78561f9b4ceb77fb16bd--old-school-meme-school-s.jpgToo many bee stings to the head.

IBleedYellow
December 15th, 2017, 04:18 PM
You're giving 32 points?

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/24/00/2a/24002aae977f78561f9b4ceb77fb16bd--old-school-meme-school-s.jpgJust saying, I made a similar bet with Ursus for NDSU's second game against Montana.

The only time I've ever bet on the Bison.

Won it.

BNATION
December 15th, 2017, 04:25 PM
I wager avatars......its a dangerous proposition. xlolx

Ask around, I've done it since 2011. Avatar wagers. I always hold up my end. Prof, NoDak and others can attest.

BNATION
December 15th, 2017, 04:27 PM
$100

Deal my friend.

Outsider1
December 15th, 2017, 04:40 PM
Good luck to both of ya, kick-off just around the corner!!

Lorne_Malvo
December 15th, 2017, 04:44 PM
Ask around, I've done it since 2011. Avatar wagers. I always hold up my end. Prof, NoDak and others can attest.

So you are at least 0-3?

BNATION
December 15th, 2017, 04:44 PM
Good luck to both of ya, kick-off just around the corner!!

In the deer blind right now. And all I can think about is Bison. Too bad Whitetail is on the tag lol.

BNATION
December 15th, 2017, 04:47 PM
So you are at least 0-3?

Exactly.., but I've worn my shame with honor.

Sammy94
December 15th, 2017, 04:51 PM
If we go down, I hope we go down fighting and not the typical blowout fashion. Eat'em Up Kats!!!

BearKatProud
December 15th, 2017, 04:51 PM
So you are at least 0-3?

You say 0-3. I say perfect record!

BNATION
December 15th, 2017, 04:52 PM
If we go down, I hope we go down fighting and not the typical blowout fashion. Eat'em Up Kats!!!

Hey you don't say that! lol.

X-Factor
December 15th, 2017, 05:02 PM

Welcome to 2017. You should look into it if you expect to keep up with technology in in old age. Paypal, for example, is neither of those.

katss07
December 15th, 2017, 05:22 PM
Hour and a half till kick! Good luck to the Bison!

EatEmUp!

Twentysix
December 15th, 2017, 05:35 PM
Pretty excited

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

SoDakSA
December 15th, 2017, 05:46 PM
Welcome to 2017. You should look into it if you expect to keep up with technology in in old age. Paypal, for example, is neither of those.

Venmo is a game changer for people to pay their friends. It has made fantasy football dues/payouts a breeze

Lehigh'98
December 15th, 2017, 06:03 PM
Good luck to both teams. NDSU has a ridiculous defense and probably wins them this game. I'm hoping Sammy can throw them some curveballs though.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 15th, 2017, 06:11 PM
Hunt is now doing agriculture ads on AgPHD.

Bearkat04
December 15th, 2017, 06:29 PM
So who do y'all think is winning this boxing match on espn2?

Schism55
December 15th, 2017, 06:47 PM
So who do y'all think is winning this boxing match on espn2?
Watching Div 3 title game on WatchESPN.... think that match is a replay?

Bearkat04
December 15th, 2017, 06:59 PM
Believe so. Think they play tomorrow

kdinva
December 15th, 2017, 07:02 PM
Watching Div 3 title game on WatchESPN.... think that match is a replay?

Mount Union v Mary Hardin Baylor is live on ESPNU...........

uni88
December 15th, 2017, 07:03 PM
I think NDSU wins this one but by a smaller margin than most are predicting. The Southland is better at the top this year (with UCA, Nicholls and McNeese) than year's past so SHSU is a little more battle-tested. Plus they're tired of people questioning their defense and their toughness. They come out swinging and make a game of it for 3 quarters before NDSU pulls away for a 35-21 win.

Bearkat04
December 15th, 2017, 07:03 PM
Well hopefully that is the only time I'm wrong today haha

Serpentor
December 15th, 2017, 07:04 PM
Here we go...

kdinva
December 15th, 2017, 07:05 PM
that was sissy blocking on the KO...

- - - Updated - - -

...and a fine first down call & execution.

NDSUtk
December 15th, 2017, 07:07 PM
SHSU fans made the triphttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171216/ab2e98d4e6bf57cc31971f67e0bf906d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

kdinva
December 15th, 2017, 07:09 PM
converted 4th & 4..........wow!

dwtime
SHSU passing well so far.

centennial
This start looks bad.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 15th, 2017, 07:10 PM
Really nice start for SHSU!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 15th, 2017, 07:13 PM
If SHSU can't run they can't win. Way too pass dependent inside the 10....

kdinva
December 15th, 2017, 07:13 PM
If SHSU can't run they can't win. Way too pass dependent inside the 10....

....which = 28 yard FG.....

3-0

centennial
December 15th, 2017, 07:14 PM
3-0

SHSU will have to figure out the run.

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 15th, 2017, 07:14 PM
Great pass protection by SHSU on that drive.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 15th, 2017, 07:21 PM
NDSU offense is doing as it wishes. So balanced....

centennial
Boy that should've been a flag.

Professor Chaos
Hey carribeanhen where are the refs that give NDSU all the free calls at?

X-Factor
Clearly PI

IBleedYellow
December 15th, 2017, 07:22 PM
Let's ****ing go Bison!

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
SHSU defense cant handle play action or any misdirection, period.

IBleedYellow
Field goals won't beat you.

centennial
Stick can throw 80mph fastballs but his running is harder to stop. He is as good as any RB NDSU has.

X-Factor
Touchdown!

BEAR
December 15th, 2017, 07:23 PM
Now let's see if NDSU defense will show up for the second drive.

Nickels
December 15th, 2017, 07:23 PM
Boy that should've been a flag.
No. Going for the ball. Your receivers arent fighting for the ball.

X-Factor
December 15th, 2017, 07:24 PM
Sammy defense is gonna be in trouble in this matchup

Nickels
December 15th, 2017, 07:24 PM
Sammy defense is gonna be in trouble in this matchup

As the Bison get worked on the Bearkats first drive...

X-Factor
December 15th, 2017, 07:25 PM
Man these ESPN announcers suck! We need Anish back

IBleedYellow
December 15th, 2017, 07:25 PM
Now let's see if NDSU defense will show up for the second drive.Holding them to 3 is showing up.

BEAR
December 15th, 2017, 07:26 PM
Wh did Stewart field that?

Outsider1
Impressed with your offense NDSU; diverse and effective. It is quicker than I thought I would see.

kdinva
yeah, catch the KO straddling the sideline....

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
What a bonehead play by the returner.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 15th, 2017, 07:27 PM
SHSU is going to get lucky. What a dumb play to even try and catch the kick!

Outsider1
Wh did Stewart field that?

Agree

centennial
Should've not cost his team those yards.