PDA

View Full Version : Hey MVFC (other than NDSU)

Pages : 1 [2]

cx500d
December 17th, 2017, 11:01 PM
I'll bet those pu-sies swam indoors too .... just like those home cooking indoor dependent Bison !! :D

Yeah, but it was slightly uphill

srgrizizen
December 17th, 2017, 11:01 PM
Could be because NDSU has to play Valley teams in the playoffs every year due to regionalization and ends their championship hopes? SDSU, UNI, ISUr....ring a bell?

Yeah, isn't it amazing that when you aren't even the best team in your conference, you never win the NC. DUH!!! LMAOxlolx

srgrizizen
December 17th, 2017, 11:27 PM
This silly thread reminds me of all the blather back when Montana was decent about how they were the only good team in the Big Fluffy. Of course that didn't explain how often they went deep in the playoffs against OOC teams. Frankly, the fun of FCS is that you get to determine a champion. That's one team, not one conference. Until they give trophies to conferences, who gives a damn where the also rans come from?? NDSU is a historically great program. The rest of the conference is not weak, but in my memory Montana beats UNI like a drum and does almost as well against SDSU, esp. after spotting them 25 points or so. Look it up. As for the poster who said any 3-7 MVFC team is as good as most teams outside the conference, that's pure hot air supported by nothing but the poster's fantasies. And an unseeded team from the Big Fluffy sure gave JMU a much better game than SDSU. xpeacex

Twentysix
December 18th, 2017, 05:31 AM
I'll bet those pu-sies swam indoors too .... just like those home cooking indoor dependent Bison !! :DUcsd has outdoor pools. xD

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

SU FAN
December 18th, 2017, 10:58 AM
This silly thread reminds me of all the blather back when Montana was decent about how they were the only good team in the Big Fluffy. Of course that didn't explain how often they went deep in the playoffs against OOC teams. Frankly, the fun of FCS is that you get to determine a champion. That's one team, not one conference. Until they give trophies to conferences, who gives a damn where the also rans come from?? NDSU is a historically great program. The rest of the conference is not weak, but in my memory Montana beats UNI like a drum and does almost as well against SDSU, esp. after spotting them 25 points or so. Look it up. As for the poster who said any 3-7 MVFC team is as good as most teams outside the conference, that's pure hot air supported by nothing but the poster's fantasies. And an unseeded team from the Big Fluffy sure gave JMU a much better game than SDSU. xpeacex

True that man!

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2017, 04:27 PM
no, it is the playoff record of all MVFC teams, excluding all NDSU's 24-2 record, and excluding all head to head MVFC play off games.

And now that I recall NDSU record adjustment, I am now fairly certain I went back to 2010, the year EWU won it and NDSU went 2-1, losing to EWU in quarters.

20-10 is pretty impresssive, How about head to head CAA vs MFVC with and without Paul, errr I mean the Bison?

might have to go back to 2003 to 2009 and see how the CAA stacks up when they were on top

by the way, Valley fans still very biased in the pick em games!

ST_Lawson
December 18th, 2017, 07:33 PM
20-10 is pretty impresssive, How about head to head CAA vs MFVC with and without Paul, errr I mean the Bison?

might have to go back to 2003 to 2009 and see how the CAA stacks up when they were on top

by the way, Valley fans still very biased in the pick em games!

For anyone wanting to tally up the comparison, WIU against CAA teams:
9/23/1978 - WIU at Delaware, 35-7 UD win (we were DII at the time, Delaware might have been also)
9/28/1985 - WIU at #1 Richmond, 38-20 UR win
9/14/1996 - WIU at #14 Hofstra, 18-9 WIU win

So, we're 1-2 against CAA, all on the road, but we haven't played a CAA team in over 20 years (and that team doesn't even exist anymore).

My conclusion...we need more games against CAA teams. Who wants a H&H?

Gangtackle11
December 18th, 2017, 07:51 PM
For anyone wanting to tally up the comparison, WIU against CAA teams:
9/23/1978 - WIU at Delaware, 35-7 UD win (we were DII at the time, Delaware might have been also)
9/28/1985 - WIU at #1 Richmond, 38-20 UR win
9/14/1996 - WIU at #14 Hofstra, 18-9 WIU win

So, we're 1-2 against CAA, all on the road, but we haven't played a CAA team in over 20 years (and that team doesn't even exist anymore).

My conclusion...we need more games against CAA teams. Who wants a H&H?

We’ll be right there. (Insert sarcasm - we rarely travel)

Redbird 4th & short
December 19th, 2017, 08:57 AM
True that man!

2014 South Dakota went 2-10 overall and 0-8 in MVFC

They beat NAU (5-3, 7-5 bubble team) by 7 at home, and lost at Montana by just 8 (6-2, 9-5, 2nd in Big Sky, made it to playoff round of 16).

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7262&s=262657

So our last place team competed very well with 2 good Big Sky teams.

Derby City Duke
December 19th, 2017, 10:55 AM
I knew new you would get it

And here all this time I thought Bo was the Eggman...xeyebrowx

Redbird 4th & short
December 19th, 2017, 04:51 PM
Yeah, but it was slightly uphill

both ways, I heard .. so that makes it tougher I suppose

cx500d
December 19th, 2017, 06:08 PM
both ways, I heard .. so that makes it tougher I suppose

Have you ever swam uphill? Its damn tough.

uni88
December 19th, 2017, 08:07 PM
Have you ever swam uphill? Its damn tough.Unless it's in the Red River, then you have the current going your way.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

cx500d
December 19th, 2017, 09:19 PM
Unless it's in the Red River, then you have the current going your way.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Down here it goes sideways