PDA

View Full Version : Quarterfinal: Kennesaw State @ SHSU

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

BNATION
December 8th, 2017, 07:55 AM
Nice side by side stat comparison by Hero
Kennesaw leads in 10 of 16 categories....

https://herosports.com/college-football/team/comparisons/sam-houston-state-vs-kennesaw-state

PantherRob82
December 8th, 2017, 08:01 AM
They will never see their own logical inconsistencies. Just give up.

Nobody was booing S Dakota fans and whoever is saying that is freaking crazy. I was at the game and as Daytripper stated, the fans were booing the refs because of the crappy officiating, especially the NO CALL for Offensive Pass Interference on S. Dakota's last TD. Had nothing to do with S Dakota fans cheering. That's the dumbest thing I think I have seen on here.xlolx

I totally agree. It was the dumbest thing I’ve heard even on this board, so I asked for clarification and received it. Given the runner up shirts andSomeone on your board trying to ruin the tailgating plans of visiting fans I don’t know what to expect from Sam Houston. ;)

TennBison
December 8th, 2017, 08:02 AM
Oh but it had nothing to do with the #1 and #2 offenses in the country playing each other. So Sam Houston beats South Dakota and its referred to as the "#6 team in The Valley", but if Sam Houston had lost that game it would have been " The Valley dominated the Softland and SHSU was fake". xthumbsupx

You people are ridiculous.xlolx
It is not referred to as if there is any question, they are actually the #6 team in the MVFC. Just because they are a high scoring offense does not mean jack squat. USD finished up the regular season losing 4 of their last 5(regular season games) and only won in the first round playoffs because of a goal line fumble. And that high flying #2 ranked offense of theirs only managed to put up 14 points in a 47-14 loss to NDSU. That high flying offense did them no good at the end against better defenses. Most MVFC fans didn't even think USD should have made the playoffs, let alone include them in some dominates theory. I find it odd however that SHSU fans are quick to use stats(we are the #1 offense) only when they favor you but quickly dismiss them otherwise as if they have little meaning.

beerkat
December 8th, 2017, 08:10 AM
I totally agree. It was the dumbest thing I’ve heard even on this board, so I asked for clarification and received it. Given the runner up shirts andSomeone on your board trying to ruin the tailgating plans of visiting fans I don’t know what to expect from Sam Houston. ;)

the only tailgating discussion I have seen is from the university designating times and parking areas due to graduation going on that afternoon at the coliseum which shares parking lots with the football stadium. it would have been better had graduation been last saturday when nobody showed up to the football game

BNATION
December 8th, 2017, 08:11 AM
It is not referred to as if there is any question, they are actually the #6 team in the MVFC. Just because they are a high scoring offense does not mean jack squat. USD finished up the regular season losing 4 of their last 5(regular season games) and only won in the first round playoffs because of a goal line fumble. And that high flying #2 ranked offense of theirs only managed to put up 14 points in a 47-14 loss to NDSU. That high flying offense did them no good at the end against better defenses. Most MVFC fans didn't even think USD should have made the playoffs, let alone include them in some dominates theory. I find it odd however that you are quick to use stats(we are the #1 offense) only when they favor you but quickly dismiss them otherwise as if they have little meaning. We have beat this to death. Dont forget before we totally changed our offensive and defensive gameplan in the second half we were monkey stomping SD and shut down Strev to the tune of 41-10 at the half. No doubt this game is 4 quarters, but i think it showed how dominant they can be.

BNATION
December 8th, 2017, 08:14 AM
the only tailgating discussion I have seen is from the university designating times and parking areas due to graduation going on that afternoon at the coliseum which shares parking lots with the football stadium. it would have been better had graduation been last saturday when nobody showed up to the football gameGoing to be a great crowd due to graduation. If we win and Wofford wins, due to holidays and deer season that Semi Final game in Huntsville will be depressing.

Outsider1
December 8th, 2017, 08:26 AM
There really is bearkats.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binturong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well real bearcats make great coffee beans. I'm not sure the Bearkats are worried about coffee ;)

The Pud
December 8th, 2017, 08:39 AM
Should be a great game between outstanding teams. The Pud predictions another big day for JB and the Kats. Kats should be able to win this game and advance to play Wofford in Huntsville next week. Good luck to all the teams.

BNATION
December 8th, 2017, 08:52 AM
Should be a great game between outstanding teams. The Pud predictions another big day for JB and the Kats. Kats should be able to win this game and advance to play Wofford in Huntsville next week. Good luck to all the teams. Nice pull, Pud..,..

Singcntry
December 8th, 2017, 09:11 AM
Nice side by side stat comparison by Hero
Kennesaw leads in 10 of 16 categories....

https://herosports.com/college-football/team/comparisons/sam-houston-state-vs-kennesaw-state

I told ya'll that back on Page 13...

For what its worth. There are 25 statistical categories on the NCAA FCS Stats page. Of those 25, KSU has the upper hand in 18 of them. Does that mean anything? I don't know, but in 35+ years of watching and researching high school and college football I've found stats are usually a pretty good indicator of what type of game to expect.

As you would expect SHSU leads in total offense, passing offense, and scoring offense. Expected also is that KSU leads in most defensive categories. What's really telling, I think, is that the difference in average ranking in SHSUs offensive leading categories is MUCH less than KSUs difference in their leading Defensive categories. Average offensive ranking for SHSU is 10, KSU is 41.6 with only a 31.6 difference. Average defensive ranking for KSU is 13.5, SHSU is 84.2 with a whopping 70.7 difference.

Given that, i think we'll see a low scoring game somewhere in the 21-17 or 28-21 range with KSU getting the nod. JMHO.

BEAR
December 8th, 2017, 10:51 AM
Did Sam get any snow? McNeese did...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26702&stc=1

Daytripper
December 8th, 2017, 11:03 AM
Did Sam get any snow? McNeese did...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26702&stc=1

A little bit...

https://scontent-dft4-3.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/24852497_10154831573171619_7951712607182644282_n.j pg?oh=6247dbf3b23f72b8319f0ec96ff63e2c&oe=5AD5B812

JSUSoutherner
December 8th, 2017, 11:44 AM
If we had won, we would be playing SHSU tomorrow in the southern snow bowl.

3 inches so far and more to come in Jacksonville.

Supposed to ice over tonight too.

Glad I'm not there.

BNATION
December 8th, 2017, 12:20 PM

Glad I'm not there.

Would have been a cool game.

BNATION
December 8th, 2017, 12:24 PM
26703 from my Hunting camp this morning.

Sammy94
December 8th, 2017, 12:26 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26704&stc=1

Daytripper
December 8th, 2017, 12:44 PM
No worries about weather. Clear skies. High during the day in the upper 50s. Game time temperature in the mid-high forties. No wind. Perfect football weather.

TennBison
December 8th, 2017, 12:51 PM
We have beat this to death. Dont forget before we totally changed our offensive and defensive gameplan in the second half we were monkey stomping SD and shut down Strev to the tune of 41-10 at the half. No doubt this game is 4 quarters, but i think it showed how dominant they can be.
If it has been beaten to death then your fans should quit bringing it up. You say you were dominant in the first half, that would make USD dominant in the second half. So you can't make a claim that your team is dominating when you can only do it for 1/2 of a football game. If that was the case, USD was just about as dominating as your team was.

dewey
December 8th, 2017, 01:00 PM
A little bit...

https://scontent-dft4-3.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/24852497_10154831573171619_7951712607182644282_n.j pg?oh=6247dbf3b23f72b8319f0ec96ff63e2c&oe=5AD5B812

Is everything shut down then?

Dewey

BEAR
December 8th, 2017, 01:06 PM
How do the Kats play in the cold? Will it change their pass game to more of a run game? OR will it matter? Not that 40 degrees is that bad..but sometimes flexibility is affected....

- - - Updated - - -

Dewey

Looks like cotton to me...xeyebrowx

JSUSoutherner
December 8th, 2017, 01:20 PM
Would have been a cool game.

Yup. Currently 4-5 inches in the stadium. Supposed to get another 2.5.

Bear84
December 8th, 2017, 01:32 PM

Glad I'm not there.

That's one way to neutralized all that Southern Speed. xcoffeex

JSUSoutherner
December 8th, 2017, 01:39 PM
That's one way to neutralized all that Southern Speed. xcoffeex

Cocks on Ice? xdrunkyx

TheKingpin28
December 8th, 2017, 01:40 PM
Cocks on Ice: The Musical? xdrunkyx

FYP

JSUSoutherner
December 8th, 2017, 01:44 PM
FYP
I need to get this idea to Bodiford (Southerners director)... ASAP.

BNATION
December 8th, 2017, 02:09 PM
Cocks on Ice lol. weather shouldn't affect pass game. No wind. High 40's.

centennial
December 8th, 2017, 02:14 PM
Cocks on Ice lol. weather shouldn't affect pass game. No wind. High 40's.

Don't you guys close the town when the temperature is in the 40's?

Serpentor
December 8th, 2017, 02:18 PM

You're thinking of Houston. People start putting on parkas when the temperature falls below 60.

Daytripper
December 8th, 2017, 02:21 PM

Dewey

If they had their way, YES! :D

BNATION
December 8th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Don't you guys close the town when the temperature is in the 40's? Fair statement haha.

katss07
December 8th, 2017, 03:58 PM
Pretty much. I’m surprised they didn’t shut down campus today and postponed graduation.

Sammy94
December 8th, 2017, 05:55 PM
MVFC refs

cx500d
December 8th, 2017, 07:01 PM
MVFC refs

Stand by for the targeting penalties

katss07
December 8th, 2017, 09:41 PM
Better than Big South refs.

UofRfan
December 8th, 2017, 11:16 PM
I saw on Sam houston boards someone stated he thought they had great d line/linebackers to stop the option. Was curious why you guys think that to be the case (if you agree).

Wondering how injury situation is as well. Felt like a key corner got hurt for Sammy last game (Keeler was whining about it after game), though that may not be as big of an issue here.

MR. CHICKEN
December 9th, 2017, 07:01 AM
I saw on Sam houston boards someone stated he thought they had great d line/linebackers to stop the option. Was curious why you guys think that to be the case (if you agree).

Wondering how injury situation is as well. Felt like a key corner got hurt for Sammy last game (Keeler was whining about it after game), though that may not be as big of an issue here.

...YOU GRASSHOPPERS...xsighx....WHAT COACH WOODN'T CARE.....'BOUT HIS SQWAD....xconfusedx........xcoolx.....AWK!

katss07
December 9th, 2017, 07:23 AM

Well we certainly have a pair of great players in those positions. Hall and Stewart will both be key to stopping the run. Our passing D is the problem. KSU can pass, but they don’t do it very often. The Kats should be able to get off the field.

Corn_3024
December 9th, 2017, 09:07 AM
Game Day! Go Owls!

Have to tackle in space and put up points. Should be fun.

BNATION
December 9th, 2017, 09:22 AM
Game Day! Go Owls!

Makes two of us. ;)

katss07
December 9th, 2017, 09:39 AM
Game Day! Go Owls!

You going to be at Bowers tonight? Should be a great atmosphere! Cold!!

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2017, 09:45 AM
You going to be at Bowers tonight? Should be a great atmosphere! Cold!!

does this mean that Briscoe goes to the glove?

Daytripper
December 9th, 2017, 09:47 AM
does this mean that Briscoe goes to the glove?

Not that cold, I wouldn't think. Mid 40s, no wind. No rain.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2017, 10:00 AM
Not that cold, I wouldn't think. Mid 40s, no wind. No rain.

I would say that forecast bodes well for the Air game

Gangtackle11
December 9th, 2017, 10:03 AM
I would say that forecast bodes well for the Air game

For 1 team. xsmiley_wix

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2017, 10:08 AM
For 1 team. xsmiley_wix

the menu bodes well for the other team, Swiss cheese and Hammy (rymes with Sammy..) sandwich

this is a tough game to pick for me, but I'll go with the home team

Gangtackle11
December 9th, 2017, 10:14 AM
the menu bodes well for the other team, Swiss cheese and Hammy (rymes with Sammy..) sandwich

this is a tough game to pick for me, but I'll go with the home team

Going with the beef stew for KSU.

katss07
December 9th, 2017, 10:24 AM
I think the weather is good for Sam. Kennesaw hasn’t experienced this type of weather before. The TO will survive in these conditions, but I think the Kats win. Should be a very fun game...

Daytripper
December 9th, 2017, 10:57 AM
Only Herbstreit on Game Day picked the Bearkats. I like being dismissed as a seeded team.

ksu_owls
December 9th, 2017, 11:21 AM
KSU played in sub 30 degree snowy weather when we won at Montana State. You guys love to assume things about the Owls.

Birdman_
December 9th, 2017, 11:24 AM
I think the weather is good for Sam. Kennesaw hasn’t experienced this type of weather before. The TO will survive in these conditions, but I think the Kats win. Should be a very fun game...
? We played at Montana State in November, and it was much colder than this. Also, 40 degrees isn’t weather that one necessarily has to be prepared for - it’s not that cold.

Daytripper
December 9th, 2017, 11:25 AM
? We played at Montana State in November, and it was much colder than this. Also, 40 degrees isn’t weather that one necessarily has to be prepared for - it’s not that cold.

No sure why people think the this weather will impact you guys... Makes no sense.

Birdman_
December 9th, 2017, 11:28 AM
No sure why people think the this weather will impact you guys... Makes no sense.
Haha yeah, I guess some are trying to give their team a hypothetical edge any way they can.

katstrapper
December 9th, 2017, 11:44 AM
Well we certainly have a pair of great players in those positions. Hall and Stewart will both be key to stopping the run. Our passing D is the problem. KSU can pass, but they don’t do it very often. The Kats should be able to get off the field.

Yes the defense has been pourous at at times, but one reason Kats passing D has struggled is because they have 3 freshman playing in the secondary, all three of them true freshman. Their best corner is one of those freshman, Jaylen Thomas, could have played but they held him out another week.

Kats front 7 will be key today , with PJ Hall leading the way.

weather is no issue for either team.

BearKatProud
December 9th, 2017, 11:49 AM
Before it gets to the game, just wanted to post some respect to KSU. Hats off for your run (that I hope ends today :).) But an unseeded team proving doubters wrong is great to watch and it deserves respect.

ksu_owls
December 9th, 2017, 12:16 PM
Respect. Thanks! Best of luck to both teams. Here's for a good clean game with no injuries but a lot of really good football! Go Owls!!

Daytripper
December 9th, 2017, 12:29 PM
Packing up and heading out... Tailgating time! Eat 'em Up, Kats!

eneq
December 9th, 2017, 12:47 PM
Game Day! Go Owls!

Game day, baybee! Me and three others are about to drive up from Houston. Hooty-hoo!

Sammy94
December 9th, 2017, 12:57 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171209/934b2df2c893f9fcf772e47d494e9ef3.jpg

In the sticks due to graduation.

alvin.kmiec
December 9th, 2017, 12:58 PM

Spray the field with water this evening. That should make the cuts for the TO interesting.

alvin.kmiec
December 9th, 2017, 01:00 PM
KSU played in sub 30 degree snowy weather when we won at Montana State. You guys love to assume things about the Owls.

We will put a little salt on the Owls tail feathers that away y’all can’t fly them.😜

katss07
December 9th, 2017, 01:15 PM
And they were only able to score 16 points in Montana. The Kats will score more than 16 points, even in sub-40 conditions.

ksu_owls
December 9th, 2017, 01:41 PM
I think you mean we won and scored more than our opponent. That's what we've done 12 times this season. Finding a way to win that usually involves defense. SHSU has been able to heavily rely on offense, but more times than not have not had to worry about defense. I think KSU has put together some great games on both sides of the ball. If SHSU can do that today they have a great chance, but I do believe the Owls find a way to play great defense to give the Owls the edge. We'll find out soon!! So pumped!!

katss07
December 9th, 2017, 03:09 PM
I think you mean we won and scored more than our opponent. That's what we've done 12 times this season. Finding a way to win that usually involves defense. SHSU has been able to heavily rely on offense, but more times than not have not had to worry about defense. I think KSU has put together some great games on both sides of the ball. If SHSU can do that today they have a great chance, but I do believe the Owls find a way to play great defense to give the Owls the edge. We'll find out soon!! So pumped!!
See, this is what makes these types of matchups so much fun, especially in the playoffs! Both teams think they have the edge. In the end it doesn’t matter. Should be a great game. You at Bowers, ksu_owls??

ksu_owls
December 9th, 2017, 03:19 PM
I wish... I would love to drink beer with you guys! Too busy to get out of town this year time of year. Next time we play I'll be there!

katss07
December 9th, 2017, 03:22 PM
I wish... I would love to drink beer with you guys! Too busy to get out of town this year time of year. Next time we play I'll be there!
That stinks! I hear snow is preventing many from getting out of ATL. Too bad, would have been a fun atmosphere. Still should be a good crowd and a good game. Just about to set up my little tailgate. Only about 4,000 tix unsold!

*STUDENTS: GET TO BOWERS*

Mike296
December 9th, 2017, 04:35 PM
Here’s a question for you guys to Dwell on: If KSU wins would you call it an upset? For me it really isn’t an upset as I honestly think this is an even contest. I want KSU to win but if they don’t it’s fine given my team missed out on the playoffs due to a weak schedule.

cx500d
December 9th, 2017, 04:37 PM
Here’s a question for you guys to Dwell on: If KSU wins would you call it an upset? For me it really isn’t an upset as I honestly think this is an even contest. I want KSU to win but if they don’t it’s fine given my team missed out on the playoffs due to a weak schedule.

I wouldn't call it an upset. I had KSU ranked pretty high going in.

katss07
December 9th, 2017, 04:40 PM
IMHO, yes it is an upset if KSU. Looking at facts, SHSU seems to outmatch them, even though this game
should go down to the wire. SHSU is seeded, at home, at night.

cx500d
December 9th, 2017, 04:42 PM
IMHO, yes it is an upset if KSU. Looking at facts, SHSU seems to outmatch them, even though this game
should go down to the wire. SHSU is seeded, at home, at night.

All good points, but I think KSU was kind of an unknown heading into this. Quite frankly either team winning wouldn't surprise me. I think if KSU wins it will be fairly close. If SHSU wins, it will be a wider margin.

katss07
December 9th, 2017, 04:55 PM
All good points, but I think KSU was kind of an unknown heading into this. Quite frankly either team winning wouldn't surprise me. I think if KSU wins it will be fairly close. If SHSU wins, it will be a wider margin.
Agreed. SHSU needs to start fast. If the Kats can score 14-21 points right off the bat, I’ll go ahead and say the Kats are going to win. Then again...the USD game.

TennBison
December 9th, 2017, 04:57 PM
Waffle House Score Prediction Calculator:
KSU has 4 Waffle Houses in the immediate area while SHSU does not. +14
SHSU has a high flying offense.+14
KSU has a better defense. +14
SHSU has been to the Championship game twice. -7 (they lost both times)
SHSU is at home. +7
KSU does not care that SHSU is at home. +10
KSU has a Waffle House on the wrong side of the street.-3 (I might get hit by a car at 3am crossing the street)
SHSU wants a Waffle House +7
Final score KSU 35 SHSU 21

ksu_owls
December 9th, 2017, 05:00 PM
I hope we win. I think we will. I am the biggest Owl fan ever. With all of that said, I wouldn't trade the 3 years it took us to get to here for anything. I think we have something special starting here at KSU. I realize we are new to FCS and it's common to think your team is the best. There are so many unknowns when you're a new program going against teams that do this almost ever year. I want to be one of those teams that do this every year. It's a tip of the cap to SHSU that we are using this game as a true measuring stick to where we are as a program. I think we will see some really good football tonight and I'm probably going to get offline now that I've started drinking lol. Best of luck and Go Owls!

Birdman_
SHSU is at home. +7
KSU has a Waffle House on the wrong side of the street.-3 (I might get hit by a car at 3am crossing the street)

Impeccable analysis. Nothing to add.

katss07
Hearing only about 3,500-3k tix unsold. Preet damn good. With KSU fans not being able to get to the game, should be an oranged out Bowers. Temp is dropping, down into mid 40s by game time. 2 and a half hours from game time, cars starting to fill in the parking lots. Graduation still going on as far as I know.

katss07
December 9th, 2017, 05:02 PM
Impeccable analysis. Nothing to add.
If things were based on Waffle Houses, Kennesaw would always be the best.

Birdman_
December 9th, 2017, 05:02 PM
I hope we win. I think we will. I am the biggest Owl fan ever. With all of that said, I wouldn't trade the 3 years it took us to get to here for anything. I think we have something special starting here at KSU. I realize we are new to FCS and it's common to think your team is the best. There are so many unknowns when you're a new program going against teams that do this almost ever year. I want to be one of those teams that do this every year. It's a tip of the cap to SHSU that we are using this game as a true measuring stick to where we are as a program. I think we will see some really good football tonight and I'm probably going to get offline now that I've started drinking lol. Best of luck and Go Owls!
Totally. The JSU game was a great measuring stick for our offense, but this one will be great for our defense. I have so much respect for SHSU’s offense, and if we can hold our own, that’s very telling for our program. If we can’t, then hat tip to SHSU.

Thunderstruck
December 9th, 2017, 05:10 PM
Coin flip could be one of the major key factors. Does SHSU get up quick and early? Does KSU have a long sustained scoring drive and keep ShSU high octane O on the bench?

Special teams concerns or advantages?

Sammy94
December 9th, 2017, 05:23 PM
Wofford, Navy, I like the results of the TO today. Let’s make it 0-3 today. Eat’em Up Kats!!!

ksu_owls
December 9th, 2017, 05:27 PM
Do you know what offense Army runs?

BearKatProud
December 9th, 2017, 05:28 PM
SHSU is at home. +7

This is incredibly brilliant.

Sammy94
December 9th, 2017, 05:35 PM
Do you know what offense Army runs?

They scored 14 points. Do they have an offense?

ksu_owls
December 9th, 2017, 05:44 PM
Do they win less for only scoring 14? That's like asking if you guys have a defense while giving up 40 to SD. I think SHSU will score tonight but I hope it's less than your average. I also think KSU will be in the end zone enough to win but we won't hang 50 and I don't think we'll need to. My main point is the TO is 1-2 this weekend with a chance to make it an even .500. Go Owls!

Serpentor
December 9th, 2017, 06:35 PM
Just saw a Bison fan outside the stadium.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2017, 06:38 PM
Just saw a Bison fan outside the stadium.

was he dressed in zebra clothes?

Sunetto
December 9th, 2017, 06:42 PM
I'm confused on which team to support.

ksu_owls
December 9th, 2017, 06:46 PM
I'm confused on which team to support.

New sexy -vs- been there seen that? Let me officially invite you to cheer for the Owls! We may never win another game, but we've had fun getting this far! (I think we will win more games)

Sunetto
December 9th, 2017, 06:54 PM
New sexy -vs- been there seen that? Let me officially invite you to cheer for the Owls! We may never win another game, but we've had fun getting this far! (I think we will win more games)
I guess I'll support the Bearkats.

Serpentor
December 9th, 2017, 06:55 PM
was he dressed in zebra clothes?

Touché sir

ksu_owls
December 9th, 2017, 06:56 PM
I guess I'll support the Bearkats.

Ouch. lol they're also good! Hope your new team loses, though.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2017, 07:31 PM
Just about ready to go!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2017, 07:33 PM
Kennesaw has a top 10 defense. Wonder if they can slow down this offense.

Nickels
December 9th, 2017, 07:35 PM
It's usually obvious how the Kats will perform based on their body language coming out of the tunnel. They look loose and ready. Bodes well for us.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2017, 07:38 PM
3 and out for Sammy

JSUSoutherner
December 9th, 2017, 07:38 PM
Well I can't say I'm surprised by that opening sequence.

JSUSoutherner
December 9th, 2017, 07:39 PM
****ty call by the refs.

Nickels
December 9th, 2017, 07:40 PM
He didnt have time to catch the ball? Kind of hard case to make when he caught it.

Thumper 76
December 9th, 2017, 07:40 PM
Holy god that was a bad call

BearKatProud
December 9th, 2017, 07:42 PM
Where are these refs from?

Nickels
December 9th, 2017, 07:42 PM
First down?!?

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 9th, 2017, 07:44 PM
Is this game blacked out on ESPN3 for anyone else? Can't imagine why it is, because it's not on TV anywhere.

centennial
December 9th, 2017, 07:44 PM
****ty call by the refs.

Holy god that was a bad call

It is an interference foul if, before the receiver touches the ball, a Team A player enters the area defined by the width of the receiver’s shoulders and extending one yard in front of him. When in question it is a foul. (A.R. 6-4-1:X-XIII) (https://www.ruletool.info/ncaa-rule-6-kicks/4/#NCAA6-4-1:X)

It was kinda close to one yard, although it doesn't get called often.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this game blacked out on ESPN3 for anyone else? Can't imagine why it is, because it's not on TV anywhere.

It was on my laptop, but works on my Watch ESPN Android app. I don't know why.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2017, 07:45 PM
KSU with the TD

centennial
December 9th, 2017, 07:45 PM
7-0

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2017, 07:46 PM

Watching it on ESPN3 now.

Schism55
Sammy...Uh-oh

Nickels
No hold there? Plain as day.

ElCid
That was easy.

X-Factor
December 9th, 2017, 07:47 PM
I think Sam is in big trouble. That was way too easy for KSU

CommishBigSmooth
Let the shootout begin!

TennBison
Not the start of a game that SHSU wants.

JSUSoutherner
Sammy's defense got ripped like a wet paper towel on that drive.

TennBison
December 9th, 2017, 07:48 PM
No hold there? Plain as day.
Yeah, but it has been cloudy in Huntsville today.

centennial
Let the shootout begin!

Kennesaw doesn't have 5 defensive starters out. SHSU has limited defense. They might be trouble.

clawman
You worry about Sam haters, by the looks of the stands there it appears Sam does not have many local fans. LOTS of empty seats! Maybe you should worry about lack of fans rather than haters!
Why didn’t you add a poll? I like to see the Sam haters all pick KSU

CommishBigSmooth
Where are these refs from?

These are MVFC refs.

paward
First time seeing KS. Have to say impressed.

Bison Fan in NW MN
Wonder is KSU's option will go thru Sammy's defense like this the whole game??

JSUSoutherner
December 9th, 2017, 07:49 PM
It's gonna get worse.

The triple option very rarely gets slower as a game goes on.

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2017, 07:50 PM
Kennesaw state ran/runs the best option in FCS. I don't know if they have the athletes to run with Sam Houston (or NDSU or JMU/SDSU) for the whole game. They're only in their third year and their OL is smol.

JSUSoutherner
December 9th, 2017, 07:51 PM
Shootout

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2017, 07:52 PM
Looks like this might go to who has the ball last...

X-Factor
Easy TD by Sam to answer.

IBleedYellow
Last to score wins?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Serpentor

If the refs keep letting them get away with holding all night, probably.

ElCid
That was easy as well.

IBleedYellow
December 9th, 2017, 07:53 PM
If the refs keep letting them get away with holding all night, probably.They are Valley refs.

So they will. Enjoy.

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2017, 07:53 PM
Usually air raid offense suck against option teams (and vice versa). Turnovers are going to decide this one.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2017, 07:54 PM

Between the armpits is not holding....

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 9th, 2017, 07:54 PM
Usually air raid offense suck against option teams (and vice versa). Turnovers are going to decide this one.

Yup, sort of like Georgia Southern versus Old Dominion in 2011 and 2012.

ElCid
December 9th, 2017, 07:55 PM

I've seen some holds on SHSU as well. As long as they are consistent.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2017, 07:57 PM
KSU is in only their 3rd year of a program....xeekx

Quite a rise...

- - - Updated - - -

KSU's QB looks tough so far.

CommishBigSmooth
December 9th, 2017, 07:58 PM
I've seen some holds on SHSU as well. As long as they are consistent.

Usually the Valley refs only call holding on TD runs.
Oh wait......

centennial
To fans of the teams who run the option, how does KSU compare to Wofford or GSU of 2012-13?

Thumper 76
Between the armpits is not holding....

Holy god you need to give classes to some people.

IBleedYellow
Notice the difference between NDSU's defense and SHSU's defense.

Gap sound. The Bearkats are not. They'll be getting burned all night because of it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
TD called back for WR holding....

ElCid
Wow, KSU is burning them bad on the pitch.

POD Knows
December 9th, 2017, 07:59 PM
Huge break for Sammy on that hold

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2017, 07:59 PM
Notice the difference between NDSU's defense and SHSU's defense.

Gap sound. The Bearkats are not. They'll be getting burned all night because of it.

This here 100%

JSUSoutherner
December 9th, 2017, 08:00 PM
Wrestling is fake.

BearKatProud
December 9th, 2017, 08:02 PM
This here 100%

BearKats get the stop. Please keep posting.

Sunetto
December 9th, 2017, 08:02 PM
Somewhat Off-Topic:
Wish I could view the game on ESPNU. Instead, I'm rooting against Penn State in women's volleyball.

Schism55
December 9th, 2017, 08:03 PM
Wrestling is fake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI
Au Contrair xlolx

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2017, 08:04 PM

we all can dream

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2017, 08:05 PM

Games are 4 quarters there genius....xcoffeex

- - - Updated - - -

we all can dream

Says the ultimate troll....xcoffeex

centennial
December 9th, 2017, 08:06 PM
Wow these guys can deliver a hit.

Nickels
December 9th, 2017, 08:06 PM
This Bison obsession with SHSU borders on creepy.

centennial
December 9th, 2017, 08:07 PM
Is SHSU an underdog? Going on 4th inside their own territory?

BearKatProud
December 9th, 2017, 08:07 PM
Games are 4 quarters there genius....xcoffeex

Sorry. When you agreed with "burned all night" I thought it meant "burned all night." It's my fault for taking you seriously. Won't happen again.

Nickels
December 9th, 2017, 08:08 PM
Is SHSU an underdog? Going on 4th inside their own territory?
It's called 7 points and confidence.

No_Skill
December 9th, 2017, 08:09 PM
Wrestling is fake.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/19/193129082d46c5ecdb9fd1cf42632ba28752019bcb663b0c02 b88a1b2f4e3d44.jpg

centennial
December 9th, 2017, 08:09 PM
It's called 7 points and confidence.

Nice when it pays off, could be 14-7 the other way as easily.

Schism55
December 9th, 2017, 08:10 PM
Sammy O line playing well.
KSU needs to tackle better.

Nickels
Nice when it pays off, could be 14-7 the other way as easily.
Could be if there D was making stops on the ground consistently. They clearly weren't.

Bison56
This Bison obsession with SHSU borders on creepy.
Is it?

TennBison
I guess that it is ok for the SHSU receivers to hold.

ksu_owls
Owls have to play flawlessly. This is a good offense we're up against-- no surprise there! We can do this!

Bison56
KSU not tackling well

Nickels
December 9th, 2017, 08:11 PM
Good pitch and catch by KSU,

JSUSoutherner
December 9th, 2017, 08:14 PM
Bohannon should go for it here.

centennial
December 9th, 2017, 08:16 PM

How bad was JSU? KSU almost can't tackle, and they only scored 7?

BearKatProud
December 9th, 2017, 08:17 PM

Totally agree.

Nickels
Totally agree.
x2

BNATION
I thought SH couldn't run on this defense. 8 YPC.

centennial
This game might get ugly now.

TennBison
Nice stop by SHSU

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2017, 08:18 PM
I think the poor tackling is usually attributable to speed. Teams like SHSU try to use more speed in their gameplan (compared to, say, NDSU who tries to just hit you in the face for 60 minutes) so you're gonna see more missed tackles due to bad angles, etc.

This one may get ugly after that turnover on downs.

Nickels
December 9th, 2017, 08:19 PM
This game might get ugly now.
It might...then we'll let them back in it.

Serpentor
Statue of liberty! Haven't seen that one in a while.

BearKatProud
It might...then we'll let them back in it.

Sad. But true.

JSUSoutherner
December 9th, 2017, 08:20 PM
How bad was JSU? KSU almost can't tackle, and they only scored 7?

Our offense blew chunks and KSU was tackling much better last week.

The big difference is SHSU is running straight at the Owls. Using their big offensive line and size advantage to set up the deep passes.

Grass came out and tried to run Roc outside with no blockers and all he could do was attempt to outspin the 2-3 defenders he couldn't outrun. We gave up a crap ton of TFLs last week cause of that crap.

Also, SHSU is connecting on their passes. We haven't been able to pass worth a damn all year.

Nickels
December 9th, 2017, 08:20 PM
Announcers are loons. That field drys very quickly.

JSUSoutherner
December 9th, 2017, 08:22 PM
Excellent stand by KSU.

centennial
Just wondering why they are playing 10 yards off? KSU cannot win by playing off like this. At the very least go to a cover 3 defense.

Reign of Terrier
Perhaps this is a minority opinion, but Sam Houston State deserves a little more respect than they get around here.

Yeah, they've been blown out a couple times in the playoffs, but they also have 15 wins in the last 7 years in the playoffs. I think that's more than any team other than NDSU.

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2017, 08:25 PM
Just wondering why they are playing 10 yards off? KSU cannot win by playing off like this. At the very least go to a cover 3 defense.

The same reason why Wofford did today (if I'm not mistaken). They give up the short, easy stuff, and play in a zone. The trade off is that you don't get beaten deep, forcing teams to methodically drive on you, which burns clock, limits possessions and makes the score closer (provided your offense can match up).

But if you play a team with a good QB (like what Easton Stick or Briscoe) that can be taken advantage of. At this level, 95% of the QBs you face aren't quite good enough to scorch you. A lot of option teams and run-first teams take this approach (Wofford, Furman, Kennesaw though I will admit I haven't watched Kennesaw but wouldn't be surprised if this is how they play, given they are in the third year of their program)

But it's really dumb against spread air-raid-like offenses like Sam Houston State or Samford.

BearKatProud
December 9th, 2017, 08:25 PM
Perhaps this is a minority opinion, but Sam Houston State deserves a little more respect than they get around here.

Yeah, they've been blown out a couple times in the playoffs, but they also have 15 wins in the last 7 years in the playoffs. I think that's more than any team other than NDSU.

Take your common sense and logical arguments and hit the road.

BNATION
December 9th, 2017, 08:27 PM
Man SH sucks...

Nickels
December 9th, 2017, 08:28 PM
Freshman corners playing well.

centennial
December 9th, 2017, 08:31 PM
The same reason why Wofford did today (if I'm not mistaken). They give up the short, easy stuff, and play in a zone. The trade off is that you don't get beaten deep, forcing teams to methodically drive on you, which burns clock, limits possessions and makes the score closer (provided your offense can match up).

But if you play a team with a good QB (like what Easton Stick or Briscoe) that can be taken advantage of. At this level, 95% of the QBs you face aren't quite good enough to scorch you.

But it's really dumb against spread air-raid-like offenses like Sam Houston State or Samford.

I would rather play man or at the very least use some exotic off coverage( with 2 on man and one off). What good is this kind of defense against a team that throws well? If you are afraid of getting burned then play a few yards off, and send different kinds of pressure.

caribbeanhen

yes I agree, this is a true FCS Playoff game

FCS_pwns_FBS
First time I've watched SHSU all year....I chalked up their offensive numbers to paying in the SLC, but they look legit. They even look more talented than the Willie Fritz teams.

TennBison
You just can't give Brisco all day like that. He is just sitting in the pocket with hardly any pressure.

Bison56
December 9th, 2017, 08:32 PM
Statue of liberty! Haven't seen that one in a while.
No kidding

BNATION
December 9th, 2017, 08:33 PM
First time I've watched SHSU all year....I chalked up their offensive numbers to paying in the SLC, but they look legit. They even look more talented than the Willie Fritz teams.

Thanks for the honesty. Pretty normal for people once they watch us.

Reign of Terrier
I would rather play man or at the very least use some exotic off coverage( with 2 on man and one off). What good is this kind of defense against a team that throws well? If you are afraid of getting burned then play a few yards off, and send different kinds of pressure.

I don't disagree at all which is why I hate that Wofford does it. It makes sense for teams that don't have great athletes and teams that want to keep it low scoring, but it's frustrating to watch.

TennBison
KSU is done unless they score on this drive.

Bison56
December 9th, 2017, 08:34 PM
Sammy really taken it to the owls. JSU must have been even worse than I thought.

centennial
December 9th, 2017, 08:34 PM
This game is a joke. KSU is having trouble making basic tackles. No offense to them, but even defensive coaching is sub par. I don't think these coaches have played much against air raid.

ksu_owls
December 9th, 2017, 08:35 PM
I've been impressed with SH defense! It doesn't help that we keep holding, but their speed is why that is happening, probably. Gota turn things around pretty quickly. Maybe a stop here!

Nickels
Sammy really taken it to the owls. JSU must have been even worse than I thought.
Or you know...SHSU is a legitimate top 4 team.

JSUSoutherner
They were worse than everyone thought.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 9th, 2017, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the honesty. Pretty normal for people once they watch us.

I wasn't one of the guys knocking SHSU.

I picked NDSU, JMU, SDSU, and SHSU to be the final four teams. (http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=48401)

Nickels
December 9th, 2017, 08:36 PM
Good god.

Bison56
December 9th, 2017, 08:37 PM
Or you know...SHSU is a legitimate top 4 team.
Never said they weren't a top 5 team, so chill out.

BNATION
December 9th, 2017, 08:37 PM

I picked NDSU, JMU, SDSU, and SHSU to be the final four teams. (http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=48401)

No, I get that, I'm just saying in general. And if you look at the last 5 pages, the people who said KSU would control the clock and kill our D.... now they are saying KSU sucks.

Schism55
December 9th, 2017, 08:38 PM
Good play calling by Sammy, have KSU on their heels.

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2017, 08:38 PM

He linked to the site that must not be named

(looks at Calendar, realizes it's no longer 2010)

Oh never mind

centennial
December 9th, 2017, 08:39 PM
No, I get that, I'm just saying in general. And if you look at the last 5 pages, the people who said KSU would control the clock and kill our D.... now they are saying KSU sucks.

Look KSU beat JSU who for a while looked like a legit top 5 team. On the other hand SHSU struggled against USD. Chill out, there is still a lot of game left.

Bison56
December 9th, 2017, 08:39 PM

Jesus do you need a hug? It's a message board you don't need to take everything people say on it personal.

BNATION
December 9th, 2017, 08:40 PM
Jesus do you need a hug? It's a message board you don't need to take everything people say on it personal.

I'm drunk and we are winning. Love it. Don't care if y'all do.

BearKatProud
December 9th, 2017, 08:40 PM
It's a message board you don't need to take everything people say on it personal.

I feel like this is a personal attack.

BNATION
December 9th, 2017, 08:41 PM
Great stop Kats.

Bison56
December 9th, 2017, 08:41 PM
I feel like this is a personal attack.
Lol

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2017, 08:42 PM

I picked KSU for the aforementioned reason, but SHSU is proving me wrongxthumbsupx

centennial
December 9th, 2017, 08:43 PM
JFH down 17 and a option team. Take the 1 yard.

BNATION
December 9th, 2017, 08:43 PM
Lol

I'm just bustin yalls balls. Don't be so sensitive.

ksu_owls
December 9th, 2017, 08:44 PM
Interesting decision to punt... like interesting as in stupid lol

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2017, 08:45 PM
Sam Houston looks fast.

Serpentor
December 9th, 2017, 08:45 PM

People are writing mean words on the internet! THIS IS SERIOUS!

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2017, 08:46 PM
Sam Houston looks like they belong in the semis.

centennial
December 9th, 2017, 08:46 PM
Anyone teaching these kids to tackle? Holy **** Missouri State and Indiana State can tackle better.

Bison56
December 9th, 2017, 08:47 PM
KSU D looks slow and can't tackle at all.

Nickels
December 9th, 2017, 08:48 PM
KSU D looks slow and can't tackle at all.
*SHSU players are athletic and hard to tackle in space.

POD Knows
December 9th, 2017, 08:49 PM
KSU is hopelessly outmanned.

Nickels
December 9th, 2017, 08:49 PM
Good stop by KSU.

centennial
December 9th, 2017, 08:50 PM
Okay KSU score now so that there is a chance.

ElCid
I get a kick out of all the posturing by some fans about how so and so team looks really bad as if it delegitimizes this team or that team.

News flash for all you bubbas, teams have bad days. Also, go on the road enough times and it catches up with you. We saw it today, we saw it last week, we may see it next week. Don't go reading too far into team comparisons for one game. Geez.

Bison56
Can KSU do something before half?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 9th, 2017, 08:51 PM
I get a kick out of all the posturing by some fans about how so and so team looks really bad as if it delegitimizes this team or that team.

News flash for all you bubbas, teams have bad days. Also, go on the road enough times and it catches up with you. We saw it today, we saw it last week, we may see it next week. Don't go reading too far into team comparisons for one game. Geez.

Great post...

It's been over the top today. Like in March Madness, it's all about survive and advance.....

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2017, 08:52 PM
It is always interesting to watch TO teams attempt to pass.

Bison56
December 9th, 2017, 08:52 PM

Thats your opinion.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2017, 08:53 PM

That is why. That is some strange throwing mechanics as if he was almost heaving that ball like a shotput.

BearKatProud
December 9th, 2017, 08:54 PM
*Thinking to self* If the BearKats win this game, please let them take this defense with them to the next.

BNATION
December 9th, 2017, 08:55 PM
*Thinking to self* If the BearKats win this game, please let them take this defense with them to the next.

My thoughts exactly. We will need it in the dome should we finish tonight.

centennial
December 9th, 2017, 08:56 PM
KSU needs to have some running threat if they are going to play like a shotgun team. They aren't build for 7 step drops.

POD Knows
Pass blocking seems to be a foreign concept for KSU

Bison56
They are looking good tonight, hopefully they keep it up for the 2nd half.

ksu_owls
Seriously, everyone told me yalls defense sucked?? Wth lol

Reign of Terrier

There are so many examples of teams rematching in the same season and there being double digit swings in favor of the other team.

Wofford this year against Furman
NDSU with SDSU last year

the list goes on.

The good teams are the teams that are consistently good. Variations in outcomes are a thing. It's kind of dumb and knee-jerkish to make comparisons between teams in the quarterfinal with teams at the bottom of any conference.

ElCid

And they usually have the highest YPC. But I know what you mean. They only need to keep the other team honest. For us, if we have to pass, something else is wrong. Passing occasionally is ok, but having to results in it being forced more times than not.

BisonTru
December 9th, 2017, 08:57 PM
Pass blocking seems to be a foreign concept for KSU

This. The big ugly owls need to put their big boy glasses on or this is done.

ElCid
Thats your opinion.

I rest my case.

centennial
My thoughts exactly. We will need it in the dome should we finish tonight.

There really isn't a difference between KSU and NDSU? Let this game finish before thinking about next week. Remember what USD did last week.

Nickels
Terrible coverage on this drive.

Schism55
December 9th, 2017, 08:58 PM
They are playing well tonight, but during the season they gave up lot of points to multiple god awful teams.

Nickels
Good coverage there though. lol.

ElCid
There are so many examples of teams rematching in the same season and there being double digit swings in favor of the other team.

Wofford this year against Furman
NDSU with SDSU last year

the list goes on.

The good teams are the teams that are consistently good. Variations in outcomes are a thing. It's kind of dumb and knee-jerkish to make comparisons between teams in the quarterfinal with teams at the bottom of any conference.

But I guess it makes them feel better.

Nickels
December 9th, 2017, 08:59 PM
Way too conservative playcalling on D.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2017, 09:00 PM
And they usually have the highest YPC. But I know what you mean. They only need to keep the other team honest. For us, if we have to pass, something else is wrong. Passing occasionally is ok, but having to results in it being forced more times than not.

Yeah it was more about how it looks funky and unexpected. Also, the QBs mechanics are borderline awful for throwing it downfield. I get it, they recruit to run the ball, but at least guys like Jerrick McKinnon (who is a freak of nature so yes I get it) could at least throw a spiral accurately and not look like they are shotputting it into play.

Bison56
December 9th, 2017, 09:00 PM
I rest my case.
Yes you were right

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2017, 09:01 PM
Solid job by KSU to try and stop the bleeding but the bearkats do look solid tonight. I just want to see new blood in Fargo.

BNATION
December 9th, 2017, 09:02 PM
There really isn't a difference between KSU and NDSU? Let this game finish before thinking about next week. Remember what USD did last week.

Did you see what I wrote? "Should we finish." And I think it's safe to say this isn't a quick strike O like the #2 offense of SD. Should be a fun 2nd half. Need the Kats D to keep getting off the field.

Nickels
December 9th, 2017, 09:04 PM
KSU gets ball back after half and is still in this game. Kats have a tendency to play too conservative when up.

BearKatProud
December 9th, 2017, 09:04 PM
Get ready for the 3rd quarter everyone! The 3rd quarter is when my BearKats really excel*!

*And by excel, I mean stink. Really bad. I hate the 3rd quarter.

BNATION
December 9th, 2017, 09:05 PM
Get ready for the 3rd quarter everyone! The 3rd quarter is when my BearKats really excel*!

*And by excel, I mean stink. Really bad. I hate the 3rd quarter.

Lol

Winindy
December 9th, 2017, 09:05 PM
Yeah it was more about how it looks funky and unexpected. Also, the QBs mechanics are borderline awful for throwing it downfield. I get it, they recruit to run the ball, but at least guys like Jerrick McKinnon (who is a freak of nature so yes I get it) could at least throw a spiral accurately and not look like they are shotputting it into play.

I don't care how you get it done, just get it done. Streveler from USD (and many others) throws a weird ball, and he's pretty damn good doing it.

ksu_owls
December 9th, 2017, 09:07 PM
Summary from an Owls fan: it's always hard to tell if we are off or the other team is good. I'm leaning towards the other team being good. Positive side of things, we held them and then scored. Down 14 and getting the ball first means anything less than a 2nd half opening score the game is over. If we see plank and get one more stop then our defense did their job. Our offense will have to take it from there. Right now, their D is doing great. Hoping for some of that second half against SD defense! Anything is possible?

BearKatProud
December 9th, 2017, 09:10 PM
Summary from an Owls fan: it's always hard to tell if we are off or the other team is good. I'm leaning towards the other team being good. Positive side of things, we held them and then scored. Down 14 and getting the ball first means anything less than a 2nd half opening score the game is over. If we see plank and get one more stop then our defense did their job. Our offense will have to take it from there. Right now, their D is doing great. Hoping for some of that second half against SD defense! Anything is possible?

Stay tough man. Let me tell you a story about us last year in the quarters.

We were down 42-0 at the half. And we came back...

to score one touchdown in the 4th quarter for a 65-7 blowout.

Kidding. Game is far from over.

beerkat
December 9th, 2017, 09:11 PM

most of the defensive stats racked up against us were due to lack of focus and effort, not physical ability. a lot of games we would get a big lead and then quit