PDA

View Full Version : Quarterfinal: Wofford @ NDSU

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

geaux_sioux
December 9th, 2017, 01:07 PM
UND<<<Everyone else

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Especially the MVFC team we held to fewer points than NDSU.

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2017, 01:08 PM
NDSU basically verifies every hypothesis that to beat Wofford you have to pass the ball to set up the run.

I can only think of one team who has offensively done this to us in 15 years of watching Wofford Football. It was Furman in 2011, and NDSU obviously is better than that team by a mile.

Bisonator
December 9th, 2017, 01:08 PM
Did you guys make a shirt?

Twentysix
December 9th, 2017, 01:09 PM
GT would beat the brakes off pretty much everyone in the FCS. They beat Jacksonville State like a drum.Jsu wasn't a good team

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Christiank22
December 9th, 2017, 01:10 PM
Especially the MVFC team we held to fewer points than NDSU.How are you guys doing in the playoffs?

Reign of Terrier
Color me impressed by NDSU. I think they are the best team in the playoffs right now. If they continue to "turn it on" like they did today + any of the other outtings they had in the playoffs in the last half-decade, they'll win it again.

I hate it too, because I think the same program winning the national title over and over again makes things uninteresting, but someone has to beat them.

centennial
I personally wish Wofford would ditch the option in favor of the kind of offense MVFC teams/NDSU runs.

Y'all don't have the personnel for it. Smaller schools run the option to equalize their disadvantage in recruiting.

Drblankstare
December 9th, 2017, 01:11 PM
Easton going to get a dome dog after that TD

FargoBison
December 9th, 2017, 01:11 PM
Jsu wasn't a good team

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TapatalkBiggest frauds in the FCS

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Drblankstare
December 9th, 2017, 01:12 PM
Biggest frauds in the FCS

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Shoulda been a 2 seed don’t cha know

IBleedYellow
December 9th, 2017, 01:12 PM
I don’t care.

Then you clearly are a masochist for cheering for that University. If they knew that they could sell out all of their programs to win every Hockey National Title for 10 years in a row, they would do it.

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2017, 01:13 PM
Y'all don't have the personnel for it. Smaller schools run the option to equalize their disadvantage in recruiting.

Oh please, if Chattanooga can do it, so can we. We run the option because that's the offense Mike Ayers has run for 30 years. It used to be true that we couldn't recruit the guys necessary for such an offense, but we recruit a lot better even than we did 5 years ago (for instance, our DL is like 30 lbs heavier than it was the last time we met, for what that's worth). We can recruit with anyone in the Socon, the CAA, OVC, etc.

geaux_sioux
Did you guys make a shirt?

We got rings.

Christiank22
Then you clearly are a masochist for cheering for that University. If they knew that they could sell out all of their programs to win every Hockey National Title for 10 years in a row, they would do it.And all of 30 people would know and care that they won a hawkey title

UNHWildcat18
December 9th, 2017, 01:14 PM
New Hampshire would probably do worse.

Never said they’d do better, let’s see how they do vs a team that beat NDSU. No one expects UNH to win (I don’t).

Turnovers aside pretty sure it’s still 28-3.

geaux_sioux
December 9th, 2017, 01:15 PM
Then you clearly are a masochist for cheering for that University. If they knew that they could sell out all of their programs to win every Hockey National Title for 10 years in a row, they would do it.

They wouldn’t. I don’t really follow the hockey team til after Christmas. They usually coast til that point.

Bisonator
We got rings.
I heard you couldn't afford them and that is why you stunk this year.xlolx

thebootfitter
Color me impressed by NDSU. I think they are the best team in the playoffs right now. If they continue to "turn it on" like they did today + any of the other outtings they had in the playoffs in the last half-decade, they'll win it again.

I hate it too, because I think the same program winning the national title over and over again makes things uninteresting, but someone has to beat them.JMU beat NDSU last year. That shook things up a little. Was kind of interesting. Now to get back to boring!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

geaux_sioux
December 9th, 2017, 01:16 PM
How are you guys doing in the playoffs?

The post was implying that we were the worst team in the nation. Really bad yes but not quite.

Schism55
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpCjLN49RQc

Reign of Terrier
Never said they’d do better, let’s see how they do vs a team that beat NDSU. No one expects UNH to win (I don’t).

Turnovers aside pretty sure it’s still 28-3.

You've confused my comments of explanation ("this is why NDSU is winning") for justification ("no really guys Wofford would win this game if if if...")

I'm not doing the latter. It's abundantly clear that NDSU is a better team. The x's and o's of how are what I was talking about in the first half. We've also just mailed it in.

geaux_sioux
December 9th, 2017, 01:17 PM
I heard you couldn't afford them and that is why you stunk this year.xlolx

Something in between only giving rings for national titles and not pissing everyone off since we just cut half of the German women’s national hockey team was the “reason”.

centennial
December 9th, 2017, 01:19 PM
Oh please, if Chattanooga can do it, so can we. We run the option because that's the offense Mike Ayers has run for 30 years. It used to be true that we couldn't recruit the guys necessary for such an offense, but we recruit a lot better even than we did 5 years ago (for instance, our DL is like 30 lbs heavier than it was the last time we met, for what that's worth). We can recruit with anyone in the Socon, the CAA, OVC, etc.

Chatt has 5-6 times your enrollment. Ayers would have to go, but the talent in the South I could see it happening, just less likely to get to the FCS playoff IMO.

Lorne_Malvo
December 9th, 2017, 01:20 PM
Something in between only giving rings for national titles and not pissing everyone off since we just cut half of the German women’s national hockey team was the “reason”.

Take your stupidity back to your own board. This is a football thread and does not involve you.
Please stfu.

Twentysix
December 9th, 2017, 01:20 PM
Omg there is another quarter still?

Twentysix
December 9th, 2017, 01:21 PM
Can we please just repeatedly run it up the middle with the backups so the game ends, like most of our games.

centennial
Can we please just repeatedly run it up the middle with the backups so the game ends like most of our games.

I want a 50 burger.

geaux_sioux
Take your stupidity back to your own board. This is a football thread and does not involve you.
Please stfu.

Actually it was NDSU fans who brought UND this conversation. I didn’t mention UND at all until you guys did. So how about you dip****s keep it on topic

Twentysix
December 9th, 2017, 01:23 PM
Actually it was NDSU fans who brought UND this conversation. I didn’t mention UND at all until you guys did. So how about you dip****s keep it on topicLooking forward to having you ****s in the mvfc.

I mean that genuinely :).

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2017, 01:24 PM
Chatt has 5-6 times your enrollment. Ayers would have to go, but the talent in the South I could see it happening, just less likely to get to the FCS playoff IMO.

Okay, but enrollment doesn't have much to do with it. Furman has a similar enrollment and academic standards and this year was the first time they ran the option. They have more wins and titles in the FCS playoffs than most teams.

It's not like Wofford has always been the team that eeks out wins by the skin of our teeth, that was just this year (and the explanation is complicated).

Meanwhile, people have to realize how well NDSU is playing to force this outcome. You can only count on one hand how many teams have done this to our defense. But what makes this one particularly bad/special is that the teams who had done this to us before were either 1) FBS 2) spread teams that were designed to run up and down the field or 3) playing a bad Wofford team (like the injury laden 2009 team).

geaux_sioux
December 9th, 2017, 01:26 PM
Looking forward to having you ****s in the mvfc.

I mean that genuinely :).

I’ll bring the Vaseline.

geaux_sioux
December 9th, 2017, 01:28 PM
Block in the back by Connor Wentz..... where have I seen that before?

PaladinFan
December 9th, 2017, 01:29 PM

It’s apples and oranges recruiting wise. South Carolina has something like 4 million people and 9 D1 football schools.

I don’t think folks realize how much competition there is in this part of the country for top football talent. There are numerous more programs than there were 10-20 years ago. That just makes it that much more difficult for programs to accumulate a deep roster of top flight talent.

Imagine if you were able to take, say, the entire rosters of Georgia State, Coastal Carolina, Mercer, and Kennesaw State and spread them primarily around the SoCon schools. Much different looking conference.

The Kicker
December 9th, 2017, 01:30 PM
NDSU looking deadly. Putting up an average of 40 points on two really good defenses and their defense stuffing the offense to nearly nothing.
If they play SHSU I think we see anther blow out 49-14 type of game. I don't know what to think of Kennesaw State but feel they won't be able to stop NDSU also. JMU or SDSU will be a nice match up for the title

thebootfitter
December 9th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Okay, but enrollment doesn't have much to do with it. Furman has a similar enrollment and academic standards and this year was the first time they ran the option. They have more wins and titles in the FCS playoffs than most teams.

It's not like Wofford has always been the team that eeks out wins by the skin of our teeth, that was just this year (and the explanation is complicated).

Meanwhile, people have to realize how well NDSU is playing to force this outcome. You can only count on one hand how many teams have done this to our defense. But what makes this one particularly bad/special is that the teams who had done this to us before were either 1) FBS 2) spread teams that were designed to run up and down the field or 3) playing a bad Wofford team (like the injury laden 2009 team).I think that when NDSU is playing well, they are pretty much a top-25 to 50 FBS team playing in FCS uniforms.

PaladinFan
December 9th, 2017, 01:31 PM

Meanwhile, people have to realize how well NDSU is playing to force this outcome. You can only count on one hand how many teams have done this to our defense. But what makes this one particularly bad/special is that the teams who had done this to us before were either 1) FBS 2) spread teams that were designed to run up and down the field or 3) playing a bad Wofford team (like the injury laden 2009 team).

Furman isn’t an option team in the same sense Wofford and the Citadel are. They run some option and a lot of other stuff out of a multiple offense.

PaladinFan
December 9th, 2017, 01:32 PM
NDSU looking deadly. Putting up an average of 40 points on two really good defenses and their defense stuffing the offense to nearly nothing.
If they play SHSU I think we see anther blow out 49-14 type of game. I don't know what to think of Kennesaw State but feel they won't be able to stop NDSU also. JMU or SDSU will be a nice match up for the title

I think Wofford was the only FCS playoff team that wasn’t in the top 25 nationally in either offense or defense.

So, take that for whatever it’s worth. The Terriers have spent all season squeaking by teams and eventually it was going to catch up with them. Today, it did.

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2017, 01:33 PM
What sucks is that we had to burn a redshirt of a runningback for this dumpsterfire

BisonFan02
December 9th, 2017, 01:34 PM
Scrubs in now.

Bisonator
December 9th, 2017, 01:35 PM
NDSU has won 12 or more games in 7 straight years.

centennial
It’s apples and oranges recruiting wise. South Carolina has something like 4 million people and 9 D1 football schools.

I don’t think folks realize how much competition there is in this part of the country for top football talent. There are numerous more programs than there were 10-20 years ago. That just makes it that much more difficult for programs to accumulate a deep roster of top flight talent.

Imagine if you were able to take, say, the entire rosters of Georgia State, Coastal Carolina, Mercer, and Kennesaw State and spread them primarily around the SoCon schools. Much different looking conference.

It also has to do with reputation. NDSU can regularly beat G5 for recruits. Easton had an offer from Rutgers. It takes a while to know the right coaches for the system you want to run. That part of the country is over recruited. Many more G5 teams. Just look at what happened to Southern. It's not that easy.

PaladinFan
What sucks is that we had to burn a redshirt of a runningback for this dumpsterfire

I literally cannot believe they just did that. Literally, there’s no one else to carry the ball? I’ve have given it to the third string QB before I’d let that happen.

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2017, 01:39 PM
I literally cannot believe they just did that. Literally, there’s no one else to carry the ball? I’ve have given it to the third string QB before I’d let that happen.

To be fair, they did it before it turned into a dumpster fire.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
NDSU just another level relative to Wofford. I know the board loves to take a shot at SHSU but I want to see the Bearkats get a shot. I still like Keeler and they have FBS level talent at a lot of positions. Their defense though...

gofurman
NDSU wasn’t in the FCS during the heyday of the GSU option game. You guys saw the remants of what was one the most impossible offensive machine I’ve ever seen.

This. GSU didn't win SIX FCS titles runnin' the option if it doesn't work. Wofford just doesn't have those same guys. I think NDSU beat GSU by a late FG block or something. ? 23-20. And that was a weaker GSU team than most of the national champs. ESP the ones that won in the 80s. Furman beat GSU in one national title game. (1988). GSU beat us in another. (1985). GSU won SIX national titles and played in a couple more (vs Furman and UMass etc). The system definitely works

Bisonator
December 9th, 2017, 01:41 PM
7th straight semi-final appearance for NDSU, another record!

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2017, 01:42 PM
I think Wofford has systemic philosophical problems (option, zone defense). We have a philosophy that I believe can beat any good team in the country and every bad one, but the great teams can exploit our weaknesses. The philosophy made sense when we couldn't recruit with our conference, but I don't think that's true anymore. I believe it has a ceiling, in the same way every air raid and option team has a ceiling

gofurman
December 9th, 2017, 01:42 PM
To be fair, they did it before it turned into a dumpster fire.

When did they burn the redshirt? First q? Or when?

PaladinFan
December 9th, 2017, 01:43 PM
It also has to do with reputation. NDSU can regularly beat G5 for recruits. Easton had an offer from Rutgers. It takes a while to know the right coaches for the system you want to run. That part of the country is over recruited. Many more G5 teams. Just look at what happened to Southern. It's not that easy.

Again, apples and oranges. When Furman, for instance, competes against FBS schools for recruits, it is typically the service academies.

There are so many football programs in the south. Most FCS teams here are not the flagship universities of their states. There are more people, but infinitely more football teams closely compacted together.

You could drive two hours from Furman’s front door and get to Wofford, Clemson, South Carolina, Georgia, Georgia State, Kennesaw State, South Carolina State, Presbyterian, etc. It’s just a densely recruited area.

20 years ago Furman was the sole “Southern private school playing for D1AA national titles”. Since then, numerous other programs have started up in NC, SC, GA, AL and further saturated the market.

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2017, 01:43 PM
When did they burn the redshirt? First q? Or when?

We're 2 RBs down for this one, so it was either burn the redshirt or play a player who didn't have experience at the position. Remember, there's only 60 players on the roster for the playoffs.

thebootfitter
December 9th, 2017, 01:44 PM
This. GSU didn't win SIX FCS titles runnin' the option if it doesn't work. Wofford just doesn't have those same guys. I think NDSU beat GSU by a late FG block or something. ? 23-20. And that was a weaker GSU team than most of the national champs. ESP the ones that won in the 80s. Furman beat GSU in one national title game. (1988). GSU beat us in another. (1985). GSU won SIX national titles and played in a couple more (vs Furman and UMass etc). The system definitely worksThe GSU coach reportedly said in the late 80's that the NDSU teams of the same time would give GSU everything they could handle. Computers aren't the final word of course, but Massey ratings at the time support the Coach's words. There were one or two years that GSU won the championship that NDSU was actually rated higher or at a very similar level. Would have been a fun match-up to see.

PaladinFan
December 9th, 2017, 01:45 PM
I think Wofford has systemic philosophical problems (option, zone defense). We have a philosophy that I believe can beat any good team in the country and every bad one, but the great teams can exploit our weaknesses. The philosophy made sense when we couldn't recruit with our conference, but I don't think that's true anymore. I believe it has a ceiling, in the same way every air raid and option team has a ceiling

Realistically, Wofford has been a flawed team all season. NDSU is just good enough to expose those flaws.

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2017, 01:46 PM
Realistically, Wofford has been a flawed team all season. NDSU is just good enough to expose those flaws.

I agree. I just think the flaws stem from the philosophy.

Wisent
December 9th, 2017, 01:47 PM
Please stfu.

I thought his post was self-deprecating and mildly funny. Not sure why it offends you.

PaladinFan
December 9th, 2017, 01:47 PM
I agree. I just think the flaws stem from the philosophy.

Yeah, they seem to sort of be not quite as committed to the full on option game as others. Like they are trying to keep one foot in option footballl and one foot in more of a spread system.

With Newman next year, I’ll be interested to see if Wofford may try to move to more a pure spread option look and just embrace that as the future.

Bisonator
December 9th, 2017, 01:48 PM
Congrats to Wofford on a good season! Final 8 is nothing to be ashamed of Terriers!

Twentysix
December 9th, 2017, 01:50 PM
The GSU coach reportedly said in the late 80's that the NDSU teams of the same time would give GSU everything they could handle. Computers aren't the final word of course, but Massey ratings at the time support the Coach's words. There were one or two years that GSU won the championship that NDSU was actually rated higher or at a very similar level. Would have been a fun match-up to see.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TapatalkI don't think Furman fans realize that we were gods the entire 80s.

Reign of Terrier
Yeah, they seem to sort of be not quite as committed to the full on option game as others. Like they are trying to keep one foot in option footballl and one foot in more of a spread system.

With Newman next year, I’ll be interested to see if Wofford may try to move to more a pure spread option look and just embrace that as the future.

See I don't even know. the consensus on Terrierfans is that our offensive woes stem from straddling the fence here. Like, we have the ability to run your typical power I offense *if we commit to it* but we also have the ability to run a great optoin *if we commit to it*

If you look at the playcalling in this one, Wofford didn't run many straight up option plays.

PaladinFan
If you want to see some option football, Army Navy is on. They both do it as well as anyone.

Terrier19
December 9th, 2017, 01:53 PM
congratulations NDSU. Great program and team. Too many mistakes from my guys today. Good luck going forward.

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2017, 01:56 PM
The Bison are that good.

Terrier19
December 9th, 2017, 01:58 PM
Congrats to Wofford on a good season! Final 8 is nothing to be ashamed of Terriers!

Thank you. Much appreciated.

PaladinFan
December 9th, 2017, 01:58 PM
See I don't even know. the consensus on Terrierfans is that our offensive woes stem from straddling the fence here. Like, we have the ability to run your typical power I offense *if we commit to it* but we also have the ability to run a great optoin *if we commit to it*

If you look at the playcalling in this one, Wofford didn't run many straight up option plays.

That’s the way I see it.

Wofford may be content with “win and advance some in the post season.” You can do that playing solid defense and not making a lot of mistakes.

Hard to know what alterations you need to do to get to the next level, besides recruiting some can’t stop player. Also difficult to argue with results, as they are one of the final 8 teams left standing again this year.

centennial
December 9th, 2017, 01:59 PM
congratulations NDSU. Great program and team. Too many mistakes from my guys today. Good luck going forward.

Thanks 19. Wofford is a class team, and has class fans. Wish you the best of luck next year!

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2017, 02:00 PM
That’s the way I see it.

Wofford may be content with “win and advance some in the post season.” You can do that playing solid defense and not making a lot of mistakes.

Hard to know what alterations you need to do to get to the next level, besides recruiting some can’t stop player. Also difficult to argue with results, as they are one of the final 8 teams left standing again this year.

Yeah...it's kind of like when Furman fired Lamb. Things didn't get much better. So it's a risk either way.

It doesn't matter though because our OC is going to be the next coach anyway.

gofurman
December 9th, 2017, 02:00 PM
If you want to see some option football, Army Navy is on. They both do it as well as anyone.

True

congrats SoCon - three playoff teams. Sanford goes out first round ... To an obviously underrated KSU team who is still playing (and who Samford beat at beginning of year). Furman beats top tier CAA team Elon at Elon in first round and loses in sweet 16 to Wofford. Wofford runs into NDSU (national champ?) in elite eight

Schism55
December 9th, 2017, 02:04 PM
Congrats on a fine season Wofford, very few teams win 11 games.
/salute

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2017, 02:09 PM
I'll stick around this forum through the playoffs. I may give a statistical breakdown as to what makes NDSU better than other teams too.

Bison56
December 9th, 2017, 02:09 PM
See you in Greenville for the playoffs next year NDSU xnodx

https://twitter.com/PaladinFootball/status/939556797056155648
How will they cheat playing on the road?

Bison56
December 9th, 2017, 02:10 PM
Good season Wofford, you guys are always classy.

Terrier19
December 9th, 2017, 02:17 PM
Always tough for a loss.....But its a little tougher to see my guy end his career in that game. It has been a helluva ride. So proud of him. http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26715&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26716&stc=1

steelbison
December 9th, 2017, 02:35 PM
Today showed the big issue with the triple option. You get behind you are in big trouble. Hard to play football that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dungeonjoe
December 9th, 2017, 02:38 PM
Wofford got beat in all phases of the game by a superior team. The odds were high against the terriers starting out, and the turnovers placed us in a very deep hole. Good luck to the Bison the rest of the way.

dungeonjoe
December 9th, 2017, 02:40 PM
Today showed the big issue with the triple option. You get behind you are in big trouble. Hard to play football that way.

Honestly, I did not see as much option as I thought I would. NDSU is simply a superior team.

PaladinFan
December 9th, 2017, 02:46 PM

Today showed that? That's been the case with the option as long as it has existed.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I did not see as much option as I thought I would. NDSU is simply a superior team.

People sort of clump a double wing run based look as "option" football. In reality, a lot of it isn't option at all.

BisonBacker
December 9th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Congrats Wofford on a fine season. You have a classy team and coach.

Winterborn
December 9th, 2017, 03:08 PM
Good job Wofford, I wish you the best of luck next season! I will admit you had me nervous coming into the game.

Terrier19
December 9th, 2017, 03:43 PM
Nothing but respect and admiration for your program. Had some great interactions with some of your fans. Class program and team.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2017, 03:50 PM
Hell of a season for Wofford. Just got back and you guys are a proud school. It always sucks to see teams get this far and lose. Who knows, maybe the SoCon will give the Valley a call and try and set up some H and Hs.

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2017, 03:51 PM
Hell of a season for Wofford. Just got back and you guys are a proud school. It always sucks to see teams get this far and lose. Who knows, maybe the SoCon will give the Valley a call and try and set up some H and Hs.

I wish they would, but I know they won't.

Get your AD to hit us up and we'll take it though I think

Twentysix
December 9th, 2017, 03:56 PM
That would be awesome!

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2017, 04:19 PM
I wish they would, but I know they won't.

Get your AD to hit us up and we'll take it though I think

I would love to play a SoCon team in the OOC. Give me another reason to drive through Tennessee and Kentucky and find a way to get to the distilleries as well. :D

Twentysix
December 9th, 2017, 04:22 PM
I would love to play a SoCon team in the OOC. Give me another reason to drive through Tennessee and Kentucky and find a way to get to the distilleries as well. :DWe tried. Wcu were dicks.

cx500d
December 9th, 2017, 04:22 PM
I would love to play a SoCon team in the OOC. Give me another reason to drive through Tennessee and Kentucky and find a way to get to the distilleries as well. :D

Just drive way back in the hollers and use your nose to find some sour mash in works

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2017, 04:25 PM
Back from the game and here are some thoughts:

Bison:

- Bison were bigger, stronger and faster at every position group and it showed.
- NDSU LBs are fast and gap sound. Oh ya, they are fast.
- NDSU was more athletic than Wofford.
- Hats off to the OL for the Bison. 260 yards rushing on a supposedly good Wofford defense.
- Bison DL ate up the Wofford OL.
- ES played a very good game.
- Spread the wealth with the running and passing game.

Wofford:

- Not to impressed with the defense. A lot of hype coming into the game but they were worked over good. Valley champ is on a different level compared to the SoCon.
- Wofford OLBs could not cover anything and NDSU took advantage of it.
- NDSU held that offense to a little over 100 total yards until the 2nd unit gave up some yards in the 4th quarter.
- Nice season for Wofford.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2017, 04:27 PM
We tried. Wcu were dicks.

Yeah it sucks that they did that but WCU has been woeful.

Just drive way back in the hollers and use your nose to find some sour mash in works

Do love me some moonshine

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2017, 04:41 PM

Oh boy, that is a feather in your team's cap.....who is still playing now?

Tell those players to keep lifting weights...they need it.

cx500d
December 9th, 2017, 04:48 PM
I didn't see the game because I was doing stuff, its on my DVR, nobody spoil my surprise while I watch to see who won.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2017, 04:53 PM
I didn't see the game because I was doing stuff, its on my DVR, nobody spoil my surprise while I watch to see who won.

Wofford's defense is really good....:D

cx500d
December 9th, 2017, 04:55 PM

We lost? OMG....Anyway, go Jacks...

Ok, just ****ing with you...I couldn't take it and peeked on my phone when it late in the 3rd quarter.... But I will watch it.

BisonBacker
December 9th, 2017, 04:56 PM
xlolx

geaux_sioux
December 9th, 2017, 04:57 PM
When was the last time a true triple option team won it all?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2017, 04:58 PM

Probably no "true" TO but Georgia Southern ran option when they won all of their titles.

cx500d
December 9th, 2017, 04:59 PM

We talking FCS or Div 2? I remember a team winning a number of Div 2's with the triple option...Anywho, I guess it would be GaSo in 2000?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2017, 05:02 PM
xlolx

xlolx...I was joking but seriously......all I heard this week on here and in our media was how good that defense was. I just smiled because the competition they faced was nothing like NDSU's and they didn't show me anything. NDSU's OL dominated them and the Bison DL kicked their butts all over the field.

NDSU showed which team had the best defense and it wasn't even close. Did anyone mention that our LBs are fast......:D

Wofford had a nice season. NDSU was just better....by a lot!

Terrier19
December 9th, 2017, 05:20 PM
Good to see the humble, classy fans come out.

centennial
December 9th, 2017, 05:23 PM

Sorry about the idiot fans coming and rubbing it in. Game's over, no need to come in and shout told you so.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2017, 05:24 PM

Wrong.

I respect Wofford but listening to all of the hype this week, it sounded like NDSU was coming up against some juggernaut and the running game would be nonexistent. It was in our media also except for one sportswriter called for a big win for NDSU.

Wofford had a good season.

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2017, 05:24 PM
the valley fans on here I've reached a fever pitch...yikes. may not stay much longer (cost/benefits, etc), we'll see how this week goes.

Terrier19
December 9th, 2017, 05:29 PM
You can handle yourself in anyway you choose. Just understand there is a class way to act and there is alternatives. I am sure YOU PLAYED extremely well today......so all the chest poking out trying to diminish a fantastic season of ours, is beneath you. Grow up, learn how to win with grace. HAd we won, we would have never been on here talking that crap about "supposedly" being good or a mimicking a good defense. It is cool, your team won, and I have zero sour grapes. Good thing for you there are plenty of fans with loads of class that make up for those that don't. Dont break your hands patting yourself on the back for the GREAT GAME THAT YOU PLAYED.........

Anyway, nothing but respect from us. NDSU is very good and my son was impressed with them seeing them on the field and in person. Said that they were really solid across the board.

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2017, 05:38 PM
time to move on 19, believe me there's nothing more to be said in this thread.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2017, 06:37 PM
the truth is FCS has become a 2 headed monster, one of em was almost mortally wounded last night but still clings to life, the * is in Brookings, SD..

All the rest of the 120 or so teams have not much of chance playing against FBS top 40 talent... truth!

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2017, 06:39 PM
I agree.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2017, 06:46 PM
I agree.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to youngterrier again.

You've been here all week educating us about Wofford, many of FCS teams would take that your season

Schism55
December 9th, 2017, 06:59 PM
the truth is FCS has become a 2 headed monster, one of em was almost mortally wounded last night but still clings to life, the * is in Brookings, SD..

All the rest of the 120 or so teams have not much of chance playing against FBS top 40 talent... truth!
LOL, thanks for this man I needed a laugh

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2017, 07:03 PM
Some of the Bizon faithful on here interpreted my advocacy for Wofford as blind homerism. Here's the thing though: by all measure except yardage, this Wofford team was better than 2012. It wasn't unreasonable for me to like our chances, even if not a win. The fact that NDSU beat us like this shows how great they recruit and how great of a program they are (even compared to 5 years ago). No team in the FCS can beat them when they have a good game like they did today. I respect them as a program, but it's getting to the point where watching FCS football is losing the fun for me (admittedly, this may just be my first reaction from losing today). Even when App State won it, I think the only one that was a blowout was in 2007 and they had lost 2 games that year. There was never the facade of them being unbeatable.

Then the rest of us have to live with the MVFC gloating because we had a bad game, even though they forget that the team that beat NDSU last year in the MVFC had a similar time in the playoffs (SDSU). Again, the MVFC is a great conference, but there's probably only one team a year that can match up with NDSU when they get themselves in playoff mode (2016: JMU, 2012 GSU, etc). Yeah, NDSU will lose a game <10% of the time, because no team is perfect, and because MVFC teams are 70% of their schedule, if you do the math it's going to likely be an MVFC team.

I feel like NDSU is gaining momentum as a program that's going to be extremely hard to stop in the future. The politics and economics make sense for NDSU to stay right where they are. I think one day they'll make the jump to FBS, but not until they win another 4 titles and get to the point where it makes the most financial sense.

Anyway, it's kind of frustrating that it feels like Wofford won't ever get past the quarters or semis. We're great at beating teams in our conference schedule but as soon as we get a team that is truly great, we can never pull it out. I'd like to think the NDSU thing today is just their program being who they are, but part of me thinks it's a Wofford problem too. NDSU beat us by more than our last 5 playoff losses combined.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2017, 07:19 PM
LOL, thanks for this man I needed a laugh

oh sorry, you must think you have top 25 talent, sorry for offending you

dewey
December 9th, 2017, 08:07 PM
I am just getting home. Congratulations to Wofford on the season and it has been a pleasure having football discussions with you guys this week.

I will watch the a replay of the game tomorrow night.

Dewey

KTF
December 9th, 2017, 09:22 PM
Some of the Bizon faithful on here interpreted my advocacy for Wofford as blind homerism. Here's the thing though: by all measure except yardage, this Wofford team was better than 2012. It wasn't unreasonable for me to like our chances, even if not a win. The fact that NDSU beat us like this shows how great they recruit and how great of a program they are (even compared to 5 years ago). No team in the FCS can beat them when they have a good game like they did today. I respect them as a program, but it's getting to the point where watching FCS football is losing the fun for me (admittedly, this may just be my first reaction from losing today). Even when App State won it, I think the only one that was a blowout was in 2007 and they had lost 2 games that year. There was never the facade of them being unbeatable.

Then the rest of us have to live with the MVFC gloating because we had a bad game, even though they forget that the team that beat NDSU last year in the MVFC had a similar time in the playoffs (SDSU). Again, the MVFC is a great conference, but there's probably only one team a year that can match up with NDSU when they get themselves in playoff mode (2016: JMU, 2012 GSU, etc). Yeah, NDSU will lose a game <10% of the time, because no team is perfect, and because MVFC teams are 70% of their schedule, if you do the math it's going to likely be an MVFC team.

I feel like NDSU is gaining momentum as a program that's going to be extremely hard to stop in the future. The politics and economics make sense for NDSU to stay right where they are. I think one day they'll make the jump to FBS, but not until they win another 4 titles and get to the point where it makes the most financial sense.

Anyway, it's kind of frustrating that it feels like Wofford won't ever get past the quarters or semis. We're great at beating teams in our conference schedule but as soon as we get a team that is truly great, we can never pull it out. I'd like to think the NDSU thing today is just their program being who they are, but part of me thinks it's a Wofford problem too. NDSU beat us by more than our last 5 playoff losses combined.

The momentum train has left the station and well down the tracks. NDSU has a great culture, facilities, financial and administrative support.

PaladinFan
December 9th, 2017, 09:32 PM

Some might suggest Wofford fans accused Furman fans of the same “blind homerism” last week.

There’s no requirement that the fans of the underdog genuflect to the fans of the favorite. You can be encouraged and optimistic about your teams chances in a big game without acknowledging the supposed greatness of your opponent.

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2017, 09:51 PM
Some might suggest Wofford fans accused Furman fans of the same “blind homerism” last week.

There’s no requirement that the fans of the underdog genuflect to the fans of the favorite. You can be encouraged and optimistic about your teams chances in a big game without acknowledging the supposed greatness of your opponent.

Apples and oranges.

gofurman
December 9th, 2017, 11:07 PM
Congrats Wofford on a fine season. You have a classy team and coach.

That's a Classy response. And I'm a furman guy. Should know a good Gun guy would be classy in a victory.