PDA

View Full Version : Conference records in the 1st round

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2017, 10:03 PM
I mentioned this in the NAU/USD thread but who would've guessed that the only conference (with a team playing today) that would go undefeated for the day would be the.....

Pioneer Football League

Pioneer: 1-0, 1.000
CAA: 2-1, .667
MVFC: 2-1, .667
Big Sky: 1-1, .500
Big South: 1-1, .500
SOCON: 1-1, .500
NEC: 0-1, .000
Patriot: 0-1, .000
Southland: 0-1, .000

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 10:09 PM
Of the remaining 16:

MVFC: 4
CAA: 3
Southern:2
Southland: 2
Big Sky: 2
Big South: 1
OVC: 1
Pioneer: 1

We're guaranteed to have 1 Socon, Big Sky, MVFC, and CAA team in the final 8.

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2017, 10:20 PM
Of the remaining 16:

We're guaranteed to have 1 Socon, Big Sky, MVFC, OVC, and CAA team in the final 8.

FYP. :D

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 10:25 PM
I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch...

wait, is that racist against gamecocks?

But on a serious note, it looks like we could have a good representation of the FCS writ large this year in the quarterfinals.

IBleedYellow
November 25th, 2017, 10:25 PM
FYP. :DHe put in power conferences. xlolx

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2017, 10:26 PM
I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch...

wait, is that racist against gamecocks?

But on a serious note, it looks like we could have a good representation of the FCS writ large this year in the quarterfinals.
I do what I want.

BEAR
November 26th, 2017, 08:45 AM
Of the remaining 16:

We're guaranteed to have 1 Socon, Big Sky, MVFC, and CAA team in the final 8.

.......and two SLC teams. Sammy had better take care of USD and UCA had better take care of UNH.

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2017, 09:37 AM
.......and two SLC teams. Sammy had better take care of USD and UCA had better take care of UNH.
They should. UNH and South Dakota are 2 of the 3 worst remaining teams IMO.

Reign of Terrier
November 26th, 2017, 09:40 AM
I think we'll get two Southland teams in, it's just not a matter of logical necessity as it is with the other conferences who play each other this week

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2017, 09:51 AM
They should. UNH and South Dakota are 2 of the 3 worst remaining teams IMO.

Oh now USD is at the bottom of the 16 teams left? Kept hearing about how they’d beat most of the teams in the field a week ago. Apologies might not have been you saying it. Also..... Agreed lol

Reign of Terrier
November 26th, 2017, 10:03 AM
4 locks for the quarterfinals:
JMU
NDSU
UCA
SHSU

With the exception of the JMU game, I don't feel that any conference rematch/conference matchup is a lock and both Kennesaw state and Jacksonville State are still unknown commodities

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2017, 10:19 AM
Oh now USD is at the bottom of the 16 teams left? Kept hearing about how they’d beat most of the teams in the field a week ago. Apologies might not have been you saying it. Also..... Agreed lol
They disappointed me yesterday that's for sure. Their tackling was God awful and they got pretty well owned on the D-line. Even offensively I didn't think Streveler looked all that sharp (credit to Nicholls' D on that). He got bailed out a couple times by great plays by his receivers (kinda like UNH's QB on their first TD ;)).

All I've said about USD is that I thought they should've been clearly in after the bubble implosion in week 12 ahead of teams like UNH, NAU, Monmouth, and Nicholls. They certainly didn't do much yesterday to back me up on that. I think SHSU will score at will on them and, while USD will get their points, they'll still lose by 3 scores. Something like 63-42. Each team will run 80+ plays.

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2017, 10:23 AM
They disappointed me yesterday that's for sure. Their tackling was God awful and they got pretty well owned on the D-line. Even offensively I didn't think Streveler looked all that sharp (credit to Nicholls' D on that). He got bailed out a couple times by great plays by his receivers.

All I've said about USD is that I thought they should've been clearly in after the bubble implosion in week 12 ahead of teams like UNH, NAU, Monmouth, and Nicholls. They certainly didn't do much yesterday to back me up on that. I think SHSU will score at will on them and, while USD will get their points, they'll still lose by 3 scores. Something like 63-42. Each team will run 80+ plays.

That outcome sounds about right, Sam Houston won’t have their OC next year so I hope the guy behind him studies up during these playoffs.