PDA

View Full Version : Stony Brook at JMU (2nd round)

Pages : 1 [2]

Gangtackle11
December 2nd, 2017, 06:08 PM
SDSU by two scores. Book it

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Now here’s a surprise. A MVFC guy calling for an MVFC team to beat JMU.

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2017, 06:10 PM
....WHO GETS...DUH...FRIDAY NIGHT GAME??...BRAWK!

knit35
December 2nd, 2017, 06:17 PM
Ok, I’m willing to listen. Share why and how you arrived at this?

Gangtackle11
December 2nd, 2017, 06:18 PM
Us not scoring as many as we should have does not equate to it being a close game though. If anything, it means the game was more lopsided than the score indicates, which I agree with.

Once the game went to 16-0 it was lights out for SB. Nice season, but this game wasn’t as close as the score indicated. It was over pretty early in fact.

knit35
December 2nd, 2017, 06:20 PM
Us not scoring as many as we should have does not equate to it being a close game though. If anything, it means the game was more lopsided than the score indicates, which I agree with.

It was sarcasam

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 2nd, 2017, 06:23 PM
Once the game went to 16-0 it was lights out for SB. Nice season, but this game wasn’t as close as the score indicated. It was over pretty early in fact.

100% accurate.

I put on the UNH game once it was 16-0 and never looked back.

Dukie95
December 2nd, 2017, 06:25 PM
I actually agree with him. JMU didn’t score as many points as they should have.

Stony Brook was never in the game. It wasn't one of those "closer than the score indicated type of games". If anything, SBU made it look closer than it was with that final TD.

th0m
December 2nd, 2017, 06:27 PM

I'd say either NDSU-Wofford or JMU-Big Sky. I have fond memories of last years night game ;)

knit35
December 2nd, 2017, 06:31 PM
Stony Brook was never in the game. It wasn't one of those "closer than the score indicated type of games". If anything, SBU made it look closer than it was with that final TD.
See Above. Sarcasam.

bulldog
December 2nd, 2017, 07:31 PM
As an NDSU fan I honestly don't want to see SDSU in Frisco if we would both make it there.

Makes sense, since SDSU kicked your ass all over the field once this year.

bulldog
December 2nd, 2017, 07:33 PM
Coach Priority: "The game was a lot closer than the score indicates because JMU is a fairly decent team and we are CAA champions, so you would expect that."

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 07:38 PM
Makes sense, since SDSU kicked your ass all over the field once this year.

We've had multiple instances of a rematch during the playoffs. They usually don't turn out well for the original winner.

Christiank22
December 2nd, 2017, 08:04 PM
Makes sense, since SDSU kicked your ass all over the field once this year.And this is why everyone on the internet sucks 🤷

KPSUL
December 2nd, 2017, 10:28 PM

It's Weber St @ JMU

Longhorn
December 3rd, 2017, 11:23 AM
Coach Priority: "The game was a lot closer than the score indicates because JMU is a fairly decent team and we are CAA champions, so you would expect that."

xlolx

Like any HC, the SB coach is competitive and he doesn't like losing. That said, the SB Coach came across as a sore loser in his post-game presser. You'd think the 5 INTs JMU posted on SB were accidents. A 19-0 JMU lead at the half, followed by a 26-0 score early in the fourth, made this game rather a ho-hum, but hard fought victory.

StrikeJMU
December 3rd, 2017, 11:48 AM
xlolx

Like any HC, the SB coach is competitive and he doesn't like losing. That said, the SB Coach came across as a sore loser in his post-game presser. You'd think the 5 INTs JMU posted on SB were accidents. A 19-0 JMU lead at the half, followed by a 26-0 score early in the fourth, made this game rather a ho-hum, but hard fought victory.

Is there a link to the SB post game presser?

kdinva
December 3rd, 2017, 12:01 PM
surprised the attendance was only 16,500.........was expecting 23,000 or such.......

RootinFerDukes
December 3rd, 2017, 01:57 PM
surprised the attendance was only 16,500.........was expecting 23,000 or such.......

You must not be familiar with JMU postseason attendance. This was actually a program record for a postseason game.

All programs not named ndsu have poor playoff attendance. They have things to do in their state, flagship P5 programs to compete with and don’t get the luxury of playing in a nice heated facility.

Gangtackle11
December 3rd, 2017, 02:01 PM
JMU 24 Stony Brook 7

SeaWolves will find it difficult to move the ball consistently against the best defense in the FCS. JMU will wear them down and home field makes this a 24-7 type game at best.

GL to both teams. Shame this game happened in this round, but we all know how it works in the FCS.

Damn this guy is good. Oh wait it’s me...aw shucks!!xlolx

RootinFerDukes
December 3rd, 2017, 03:16 PM
Damn this guy is good. Oh wait it’s me...aw shucks!!xlolx

You short changed us by two points. You’ve always underestimated us.

kdinva
December 3rd, 2017, 05:11 PM
.....This was actually a program record for a postseason game.

All programs not named ndsu have poor playoff attendance. They have things to do in their state, flagship P5 programs to compete with and don’t get the luxury of playing in a nice heated facility.

understood......but neither UVa nor VPI played yesterday.........and the TV was chock full of other CFB games as well.....