PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh at Stony Brook 1st Round

Pages : 1 [2]

Gangtackle11
November 25th, 2017, 07:10 PM
The 10 you scored against Temple was pretty reflective of your offense. How about those Owls? New coaching staff, tons of new starters on O and D and they finished 6-6, 4-4 in the AAC in a clear rebuilding year! Really improved as the year went on. Tough losses against Army and UConn kept it from being really good. 'Nova is in trouble next year against Temple...

For the sake of accuracy it was 13. Lost 16-13. Won 38-35 at Lehigh. Penn put 65 on you guys. That tells me our offense scoring 38 wasn’t as great as you would think. 13 against Temple was pretty good in comparison. Nice try though. ✌️

CHIP72
November 25th, 2017, 07:31 PM
I’ve come to realize that my team was doomed from the opening game.
Nova only scored 38 points in that game vs. Lehigh. Should have know we had no offense with that low #. xpeacex

As someone who follows both Lehigh and Villanova (and for that matter Temple), I figured that out by about Week 4. :(

PAllen
November 25th, 2017, 08:35 PM
Kudos to SB for taking a knee that early. Not a fan of LU rolling over and dying by not taking the time outs, but class act by SB.

Engineer86
November 25th, 2017, 08:48 PM
HAHAHAHA mercy is a nice way of saying it. Taking a knee with 2 and half minutes on the clock. Needless to say the last two "performances" by lehigh in the playoffs has been underwelming. AND don't start with the at least we made the playoffs please ... recent playoff performances need not be compared.

What a cry baby. STFU. You lost live with it. Win and you won't have to..

ecasadoSBU
November 25th, 2017, 10:36 PM
Great game today. Great day out at the Brook. I can only hope that the Wolves give JMU their best game. GO SEAWOLVES!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 25th, 2017, 10:38 PM
Hopefully the Booster Bus made it safely back! The Ngineer eulogy seems almost overdue...

Lehigh Football Nation
November 25th, 2017, 10:44 PM
Hey... good luck to Stony Brook. They are a good team and were better than us. Give JMU hell.

Stony Brook to me is a very well-coached team. Priore did not have his team unprepared or cocky and he had a good gameplan and stuck with it. It will be very interesting to see who is the CAA champion next week.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 26th, 2017, 12:27 AM
Great game today. Great day out at the Brook. I can only hope that the Wolves give JMU their best game. GO SEAWOLVES!

Good Luck against JMU! Lehigh needs to schedule a H&H with SBU!

ColgateTD
November 26th, 2017, 11:03 AM
Congrats to SB. Hope you can give JMU their comeuppance. Kudos to LU on a good season and representing the PL well. Would have liked a little closer game, but it is what it is. Already looking forward to the LU-'Gate battle next season. :)

ngineer
November 26th, 2017, 12:50 PM
Got home late and no mood to visit. Now back from church and the mind is cleansed. I have no idea what Coen was talking about in that clip about being impressed with the defense! Giving up 59 points and over 600 yards???!!! Yes, the D made some nice plays in the first half, but you have to play the whole game. As I said, we had to play a clean game and we failed to do so. Had we scored a TD (let alone a fg) in the first quarter after a 95 yard drive, such momentum can have a building impact. Instead we ended up chasing SBU all over with terrible, horrible, atrocious tackling. Makes my head spin.

I also felt the SBU players played with more of a swagger, and nasty streak. It showed in some of the hits with the targeting that was not called, and the DT thrown out of the game. Although wrong, it showed a 'killer' instinct that we lack. While our offense certainly performed well, could you imagine what they could do with some imagination? When you are outsized you have to do some trickery in games like this. Same for special teams. Every kick off return was run right to the same place; nothing different. No attempt to try another side of the field or even try something sneaky. This is the playoffs where we are playing with house money,so why were we so conservative?

I felt the players gave it strong effort. It was nice to see them hanging in there with 6 minutes to go and only down two scores. The onsides kick was close to being recovered. A recovery and score could have caused some panic on the SBU side, but bounces like that were not on our menu this year. I think we ended a -10 in turnover ratio this year.

Something, something must be done with the defense. The great Lehigh teams of the past had good D that would come up with game changing plays. We have been killed on the edge all year and SBU killed us the the sweeps as we failed to contain, and then the LB's or secondary with lousy tackling attempts. No one wraps up anymore. They just throw their bodies at a spot and miss half the time. We need some coaches who know defense AT THIS LEVEL instead of bringing in DIII wannabees. Defense is a mentality. It is a nasty mentality and we don't have it. We really need a drastic change in coaching defense philosophy. We have nothing to lose. How worse can it be than giving up 45 points/game and 500 yards every week? It is insane not to make any changes if we plan on getting better.

I am not looking forward to August 25, other than a nice boat ride up the Chesapeake from Baltimore.

Congrats to SBU. A very nice facility. I tough team that I think can give JMU a game, though I will still go with the Dukes by two tds. BTW, the SBU staff confiscated my unopened bottle of water upon entry despite the website saying that no bottles/containers were allowed EXCEPT UNOPENED water bottles. I told the security guy to read the website and got "the look". Wasn't in a mood to check out the SB lock up, but it was an omen for the rest of the night! Like I said, a good D has to have a nasty streak.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2017, 01:55 PM

I've been saying Stony is a top 8 FCS team all year, tough break to have to play an FBS team next week

Go...gate
November 26th, 2017, 04:40 PM
As this disappointing as this is, just think, they next time Lehigh takes the field it will be against Navy! xpopcornx

Why be defeated before you even start? The game can provide a lot of benefits for the Lehigh program.

Go...gate
November 26th, 2017, 04:41 PM
The world is back to the way it should be, the warm-up round is weeding out the wannabees.

Nice. Real class.

Go...gate
November 26th, 2017, 04:43 PM
I’ve come to realize that my team was doomed from the opening game.

Nova only scored 38 points in that game vs. Lehigh. Should have know we had no offense with that low #. xpeacex

The Wildcats and Colgate both put up 38, and we're both in Crapsville.

Go...gate
November 26th, 2017, 04:45 PM
The 10 you scored against Temple was pretty reflective of your offense. How about those Owls? New coaching staff, tons of new starters on O and D and they finished 6-6, 4-4 in the AAC in a clear rebuilding year! Really improved as the year went on. Tough losses against Army and UConn kept it from being really good. 'Nova is in trouble next year against Temple...

Any chance at a post-season game? It could benefit the team for next season.

CHIP72
November 26th, 2017, 07:22 PM
Any chance at a post-season game? It could benefit the team for next season.

Temple will play in one of the AAC's bowl tie-in games, most likely the Boca Raton Bowl, the Gasparilla Bowl (formerly the St. Petersburg Bowl), or the Hawaii Bowl.

Go...gate
November 26th, 2017, 09:00 PM
Temple will play in one of the AAC's bowl tie-in games, most likely the Boca Raton Bowl, the Gasparilla Bowl (formerly the St. Petersburg Bowl), or the Hawaii Bowl.

That's great! The momentum of Temple's program continues. Very happy to see it!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 26th, 2017, 09:06 PM
That's great! The momentum of Temple's program continues. Very happy to see it!

These low level bowl games stink. To finish 6-6 overall and 4-4 in the AAC is a great accomplishment given how much turnover the program saw but that really should be where the season ends. Some projections have playing Georgia State. You can't pay me to go that trash! That's a horrible postseason matchup!

Gangtackle11
November 26th, 2017, 09:11 PM
These low level bowl games stink. To finish 6-6 overall and 4-4 in the AAC is a great accomplishment given how much turnover the program saw but that really should be where the season ends. Some projections have playing Georgia State. You can't pay me to go that trash! That's a horrible postseason matchup!

Unfortunately as the P5 train leaves the station these will be the only bowls & opponents available to the vast majority of the FBS have nots.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 26th, 2017, 09:23 PM
Unfortunately as the P5 train leaves the station these will be the only bowls & opponents available to the vast majority of the FBS have nots.

The AAC champ is headed back to the NY6 Bowl and most of the schools can still schedule big time OOC games thankfully (we have Oklahoma and Miami coming to Philly in the near future). The bowl system in general is a mess. Even for some of the P5 teams it sucks....

RootinFerDukes
November 26th, 2017, 10:11 PM

Meanwhile some JMU fans would sell their soul to play in the sub belt’s American Standard Power Flusher 6000 Bowl. It’s a heated matchup against Central Michigan somewhere in Kentucky. Hurry now. Tickets are going fast!

Bisonoline
November 26th, 2017, 10:39 PM
Meanwhile some JMU fans would sell their soul to play in the sub belt’s American Standard Power Flusher 6000 Bowl. It’s a heated matchup against Central Michigan somewhere in Kentucky. Hurry now. Tickets are going fast!

Dont forget UCLA a few years ago had to get a waiver to play in a bowl game because they didnt have enough wins.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 26th, 2017, 10:44 PM
Dont forget UCLA a few years ago had to get a waiver to play in a bowl game because they didnt have enough wins.

There's been a few 5-7 teams! xnonono2x

CHIP72
November 27th, 2017, 06:05 AM

On the flip side even the lower level G5 conferences have much better TV/streaming game coverage deals in place than the CAA does.

RootinFerDukes
November 27th, 2017, 06:16 AM
On the flip side even the lower level G5 conferences have much better TV/streaming game coverage deals in place than the CAA does.

You’re only as strong as your weakest link. Some caa schools aren’t willing to invest in acceptable streaming standards to get to even a base level.