PDA

View Full Version : San Diego @ Northern Arizona

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 19th, 2017, 05:13 PM
San Diego upset Cal Poly last year. Can they do it to another Big Sky team this year?

Wasn't the NAU QB hurt for a period of time this year?

Total Offense:

USD - #18
NAU - #14

Total Defense:

USD - #54
NAU - #68

Scoring Defense:

USD - #10
NAU - #87

Last year I thought Cal Poly would have boat raced USD but I didn't call that one too well. Will this year be the same or different?

Both defenses look average giving up yards with USD tightening up with not letting teams score. Offensive output about the same.

Personally, I would like to see a different team so it would be nice to have NAU come to the FD. But after last year, I will not count USD out.

Coin flip?

BisonFan02
November 19th, 2017, 05:14 PM
Does USD still have that RB or is he gone?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 19th, 2017, 05:16 PM

I think he is gone but could be wrong....off the top of my head....

hebmskebm
November 19th, 2017, 05:18 PM
San Diego's NFL prospect LT left their game against Marist with an injury in the 4Q and did not return. If he can't go it makes an already tough task even tougher.

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2017, 05:24 PM
I haven't done enough research on either team, but I think San Diego's offense can keep them in this one

Bison56
November 19th, 2017, 05:28 PM

He is gone, but the guy they have now isn't too bad. name?

Bisonator
November 19th, 2017, 07:00 PM
I'd expect NAU to win handily. As long as their QB doesn't get ejected for targeting again! xlolx

katss07
November 19th, 2017, 07:06 PM
Last years team was good for San Diego, but Hodges is gone. He was the heart of that team and led them to a huge win. They have become a perennial power in the Pioneer that tends to fold in round one. NAU has been weak lately, but I think they escape round one.

Prediction: NAU 38-21 San Diego

Bison56
November 19th, 2017, 07:08 PM
Last years team was good for San Diego, but Hodges is gone. He was the heart of that team and led them to a huge win. They have become a perennial power in the Pioneer that tends to fold in round one. NAU has been weak lately, but I think they escape round one.

Prediction: NAU 38-21 San Diego
Thanks Captian Obvious.

TheRealJacks
November 19th, 2017, 07:25 PM
NAU plays exceptionally well in Flagstaff with the elevation advantage at 7,000 feet. With San Diego coming from sea level will come into play in the second half. With Cookus playing, we will score points. The SUU game was honestly the poorest display of all 3 phases of the game. 4 scores off huge special teams miscues, 4 dropped touchdown passes plus lots of drops from the WRs in critical third downs. Case looked great against the seeded SUU just didn't get a lot of help. Field position really determined that game with the lack of execution with special teams. Just couldn't rally after that. I'm looking at a Blow out in the Skydome Saturday and on our way to the Fargo dome

UpstateBison
November 19th, 2017, 07:56 PM
So... You are 1-3 against teams ranked in the Top 25. One Cookus targeting penalty and San Diego has a return trip to Fargo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iridebikes
November 19th, 2017, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=TheRealJacks;2572199]NAU plays exceptionally well in Flagstaff with the elevation advantage at 7,000 feet. With San Diego coming from sea level will come into play in the second half. With Cookus playing, we will score points. The SUU game was honestly the poorest display of all 3 phases of the game. 4 scores off huge special teams miscues, 4 dropped touchdown passes plus lots of drops from the WRs in critical third downs. Case looked great against the seeded SUU just didn't get a lot of help. Field position really determined that game with the lack of execution with special teams. Just couldn't rally after that. I'm looking at a Blow out in the Skydome Saturday and on our way to the Fargo dome[/QUOTE

Pulling into the playoffs with two losses in a row, NAU should be thankful they have the elevation advantage. From their last appearances they'll need it.

TheRealJacks
November 19th, 2017, 08:09 PM
not trying to look past San diego but we do play better in the dome so the Fargo dome could be a nice experience for these players and should be fun to watch. One week at a time and I believe in these boys #NAUStrong

Roamingriz
November 19th, 2017, 08:12 PM
Well they are pulling in with losses in two of three of the last three weeks. They beat MT State last week(by a point because of a missed 2 point conversion by the bcats) before losing to Southern Utah yesterday. But yeah not exactly charging into the playoffs......

Roamingriz
November 19th, 2017, 08:15 PM
Still pulling for the fighting Souerses, betting on a win against SD for sure

Go...gate
November 19th, 2017, 08:31 PM
The coaching staff and the kids who played for USD last year remember how to win. They will not be afraid.

katss07
November 19th, 2017, 09:47 PM
Does San Diego still have the power football, ground game they usually have? Hodges was a monster, but with him gone what does the O look like. I have no clue about anything San Diego Football related this season.

bonarae
November 19th, 2017, 09:56 PM
Well... if recent performances are the trend...

San Diego will score win #2. (FYI, their QB is the same as last year.)

But if Cookus keeps his cool and his receivers do the same, NAU in a blowout.

veinup
November 19th, 2017, 10:06 PM
NAU has got this.

MTfan4life
November 19th, 2017, 10:14 PM
San Diego got trucked by UC-Davis back in September 35-7. Although, to be fair, last season they got roughed up by Cal Poly early in the season, and they seemed to turn things around.

What I don't get is because Flagstaff is over 400 miles from San Diego, why did San Diego get matched up with NAU and not a team like Weber State? NAU should be playing South Dakota, Nicholls playing WIU, and Weber playing San Diego.

cx500d
November 19th, 2017, 10:16 PM
What's the deal with the NAU coaches? Are they going to give it their all knowing they are fired at the end of the season?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2017, 05:18 AM
not trying to look past San diego but we do play better in the dome so the Fargo dome could be a nice experience for these players and should be fun to watch. One week at a time and I believe in these boys #NAUStrong

If NAU does make it to Fargo, do they have the defense to hang with the Bison? Watching some of their highlights....I don't think so. NDSU boat races either of these teams IMO.

mvemjsunpx
November 20th, 2017, 06:28 AM
Does San Diego still have the power football, ground game they usually have? Hodges was a monster, but with him gone what does the O look like. I have no clue about anything San Diego Football related this season.

They've been better passing than running, and that isn't a good matchup against NAU. San Diego's pass defense is also weak.

NAU kinda backed into the playoffs, just like CP last year, but I don't think the Toreros will get it done this time.

SochorField
November 20th, 2017, 12:50 PM
San Diego's NFL prospect LT left their game against Marist with an injury in the 4Q and did not return. If he can't go it makes an already tough task even tougher.

Is that the guy who's like 6'8" ? He stood out like a sore thumb when they came to Davis.

If UC Davis pounded them, I would think NAU wouldn't have many issues......but you never know!