PDA

View Full Version : Marty Scarano does it again - just saying

Pages : 1 [2]

Redbird 4th & short
May 10th, 2018, 06:07 PM
Which you are not. No one thinking objectively would question the legitimacy of a playoff team that made it to the Quarterfinals and beat a senior laden #4 seed to get there.

so lets look at your performance in those 3 games:

- Round 1 .. UNH gets CCSU who had just lost their best offensive player (stud QB) .. UNH struggles, leads by 7 late in Q4, wins by 14 with late TD drive. CCCSU is ranked 50 by Massey and 45 per Massey Composite of 45. So you barely beat a weak team without their stud QB. 6-5 YSU beat CCSU with their stud QB by 50 early in year. CCSU was the 2nd worst team (autobid) in playoffs in 2017, leading only 5-7 Lehigh ... and fellow CAA team Stoney Brook was lucky to get that draw.

- Round 2 .. UNH gets UCA in round of 16 .. very solid win by 6 against a tough team on road ... Massey #16, Massey Composite #12 .. though have to add strong rumors swirling about HC leaving , which he did 5 days after this game.

- Round 3 .. UNH gets destroyed by 42 points against SDSU .. this was SDSU's largest margin and highest scoring game of year.

So 2 of 3 games one could only be characterized as bad games. Then one solid game against a good team whose HC was known to be one foot out the door.

Hardly the profile of a team that belonged in quarterfinals .. top 8. Massey Composite of 35 polls had UNH ranked 21 .. that's 35 polls. And you were lower after regular season when bids were made.

2015 was way worse .. you guys were ranked 49th by Massey for going 7-4 against the 67th ranked SOS .. but you got your "automatic" at large bid as usual. Then lost in first round at home to Colgate of Patriot League, who then also beat fellow CAA team, JMU by 6 at JMU. Colgate owned CAA that year, but then got smoked by SHSU by 27. SHSU got smoked by JSU by 52. JSU got smoked by NDSU by 27 in championship .. transitive scoring margins total as follows: 27 + 52 + 27 +6 = a LOT

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5342&s=279541

UNH has a strong program -- there were many strong years in mid 2000's, then a couple very good years in 2013 and 2014. And I never said they were sh-tty like you claimed. I only said, they are playoff lock at 7-4 like no other team ever and sometimes they simply did not deserve a bid, but got it anyway.

And that you should be very thankful for AD Scarano and regionalization .. many very easy 1st round games got you to round of 16.

I actually respect your football program a lot - most of the 14 years, you earned that playoff spot .. but some you did not. I just have serious doubts about your AD as it pertains to FCS selection committee.

And the whole 2011 EKU situation really smelled of quid pro quo. There is no way the committee did not consider the unusually large bid. Yes, they are related issues.

TheKingpin28
May 10th, 2018, 07:15 PM
This should be one of the pieces of evidence used to convince the NCAA as to why the off-season is too long.

Mattymc727
May 11th, 2018, 05:51 AM
Holy **** Redbird, you should probably end your life if you care so much about this. Was your personal family eligible for the playoffs and didn't get in? Whats your beef? UNH has proved its inclusion year in and year out.

Marty is on the committee, UNH will make the playoffs again (because its one of the best 24 teams in the country), and I'm sure you will be back trying to find reasons why a 9-2 UNH team doesn't belong or something like that.

Last year I was all about removing Marty from the committee just to give someone else from the CAA a turn, but you have single handily changed my mind because youre such an asshat. Glad Marty has stuck to his guns and calls into the May meetings.

UNHWildcat18
May 11th, 2018, 07:10 AM
so lets look at your performance in those 3 games:

- Round 1 .. UNH gets CCSU who had just lost their best offensive player (stud QB) .. UNH struggles, leads by 7 late in Q4, wins by 14 with late TD drive. CCCSU is ranked 50 by Massey and 45 per Massey Composite of 45. So you barely beat a weak team without their stud QB. 6-5 YSU beat CCSU with their stud QB by 50 early in year. CCSU was the 2nd worst team (autobid) in playoffs in 2017, leading only 5-7 Lehigh ... and fellow CAA team Stoney Brook was lucky to get that draw.

- Round 2 .. UNH gets UCA in round of 16 .. very solid win by 6 against a tough team on road ... Massey #16, Massey Composite #12 .. though have to add strong rumors swirling about HC leaving , which he did 5 days after this game.

- Round 3 .. UNH gets destroyed by 42 points against SDSU .. this was SDSU's largest margin and highest scoring game of year.

So 2 of 3 games one could only be characterized as bad games. Then one solid game against a good team whose HC was known to be one foot out the door.

Hardly the profile of a team that belonged in quarterfinals .. top 8. Massey Composite of 35 polls had UNH ranked 21 .. that's 35 polls. And you were lower after regular season when bids were made.

2015 was way worse .. you guys were ranked 49th by Massey for going 7-4 against the 67th ranked SOS .. but you got your "automatic" at large bid as usual. Then lost in first round at home to Colgate of Patriot League, who then also beat fellow CAA team, JMU by 6 at JMU. Colgate owned CAA that year, but then got smoked by SHSU by 27. SHSU got smoked by JSU by 52. JSU got smoked by NDSU by 27 in championship .. transitive scoring margins total as follows: 27 + 52 + 27 +6 = a LOT

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5342&s=279541

UNH has a strong program -- there were many strong years in mid 2000's, then a couple very good years in 2013 and 2014. And I never said they were sh-tty like you claimed. I only said, they are playoff lock at 7-4 like no other team ever and sometimes they simply did not deserve a bid, but got it anyway.

And that you should be very thankful for AD Scarano and regionalization .. many very easy 1st round games got you to round of 16.

I actually respect your football program a lot - most of the 14 years, you earned that playoff spot .. but some you did not. I just have serious doubts about your AD as it pertains to FCS selection committee.

And the whole 2011 EKU situation really smelled of quid pro quo. There is no way the committee did not consider the unusually large bid. Yes, they are related issues.

Here we go again just basing everything off single game scenarios . Using your logic NAU vs ISUr 37-16, USanDiego vs NAU 41-10 so San Diego would beat ISUr last year by 52!!!!!!!! OMG WOWZA

Also while CCSU's QB did develop really well over the season stop calling him a stud. Kyle Lauletta is a stud (you found that out two years ago) Briscoe is a stud. Wentz was a stud. 52% completion 1900 yards and 13/7 TD INT isn't "STUD" worthy. To further that UNH's QB Trevor Knight was 62% completion 3400 yards 26 TD not sure how many INT's our website doesn't say. No one on this forum calls our guy a stud, hell we don't even do that

Redbird 4th & short
May 11th, 2018, 08:47 AM
Here we go again just basing everything off single game scenarios . Using your logic NAU vs ISUr 37-16, USanDiego vs NAU 41-10 so San Diego would beat ISUr last year by 52!!!!!!!! OMG WOWZA

Also while CCSU's QB did develop really well over the season stop calling him a stud. Kyle Lauletta is a stud (you found that out two years ago) Briscoe is a stud. Wentz was a stud. 52% completion 1900 yards and 13/7 TD INT isn't "STUD" worthy. To further that UNH's QB Trevor Knight was 62% completion 3400 yards 26 TD not sure how many INT's our website doesn't say. No one on this forum calls our guy a stud, hell we don't even do that
i responded directly to Kapsul's post that "it was not objective to question any team that made the quarterfinals" ... that was not a quarterfinal worthy season or playoff.

As for Marty's comment ... my interest in this does go back to 2011 with the EKU bid situation ...and there have been many other instances of very highly questionable (i.e. suspicious) decisions by this committee since then .. many of which have benefited UNH and CAA, many of them at the expense of MVFC, but also other conferences I've outline these before. And I don't accept lame defenses when people dismiss this by saying ... what does it matter anyway when you're talking about the last team out.

It is not surprising people from UNH and CAA don't see this. AD Scarano still needs to go. Rocco .. call me about that beer soon !!

p.s. I fully realize most people either don't care nearly as much or just don't agree with me. I've made my points, so I'll drop my crusade on this topic for now ... I will only respond further if I'm asked to specifically, or the committee says/does something further on this topic.

and the crowd roared with relief ....... xdrunkyx

centennial
May 12th, 2018, 02:33 AM
Holy **** Redbird, you should probably end your life if you care so much about this. Was your personal family eligible for the playoffs and didn't get in? Whats your beef? UNH has proved its inclusion year in and year out.

Marty is on the committee, UNH will make the playoffs again (because its one of the best 24 teams in the country), and I'm sure you will be back trying to find reasons why a 9-2 UNH team doesn't belong or something like that.

Last year I was all about removing Marty from the committee just to give someone else from the CAA a turn, but you have single handily changed my mind because youre such an asshat. Glad Marty has stuck to his guns and calls into the May meetings.

Did you really just try to tell someone to kill themselves? Really? Go **** yourself.

katss07
May 12th, 2018, 07:18 AM
Did you really just try to tell someone to kill themselves? Really? Go **** yourself.
Not making a title game despite rigging the system has to get to ya, huh?

mmiller_34
May 12th, 2018, 08:45 AM
Not making a title game despite rigging the system has to get to ya, huh?

Im confused. Are you referencing your post to Redbird in that you think his personal family didn't make it which is why he is so persistent with this argument? Or that people think UNH is rigging the system... but that isn't what Centennial was talking about in his post to you so that can't be it... Or are you saying that its getting to YOU and that people are saying that UNH is rigging the system so it was annoying you so bad that it bottled so much that you told someone to kill themselves. OR are you referring to the one year NDSU hasn't made the national title game in the past 7 years and suggesting that they rig the system to get there?

Please start a thread about that last one. I am all in and that one thread will certainly entertain us all the way until August I promise you. Please, Please do it.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FaintPlumpBluetonguelizard-max-1mb.gif

uni88
May 12th, 2018, 09:18 AM
Im confused. Are you referencing your post to Redbird in that you think his personal family didn't make it which is why he is so persistent with this argument? Or that people think UNH is rigging the system... but that isn't what Centennial was talking about in his post to you so that can't be it... Or are you saying that its getting to YOU and that people are saying that UNH is rigging the system so it was annoying you so bad that it bottled so much that you told someone to kill themselves. OR are you referring to the one year NDSU hasn't made the national title game in the past 7 years and suggesting that they rig the system to get there?

Please start a thread about that last one. I am all in and that one thread will certainly entertain us all the way until August I promise you. Please, Please do it.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FaintPlumpBluetonguelizard-max-1mb.gifI read it that the "ya" is MattyMC. I.e. UNH can't get to the title game despite rigging the system and maybe that frustration caused him to type something completely uncalled for.

KPSUL
May 13th, 2018, 05:31 PM
i responded directly to Kapsul's post that "it was not objective to question any team that made the quarterfinals" ... that was not a quarterfinal worthy season or playoff.

You don't get to the quarterfinals by being "worthy", you beat the teams you face in the earlier rounds. Pretty easy concept for most fans to comprehend.

KPSUL
May 13th, 2018, 05:37 PM

As for Marty's comment ... my interest in this does go back to 2011 with the EKU bid situation ...and there have been many other instances of very highly questionable (i.e. suspicious) decisions by this committee since then .. many of which have benefited UNH and CAA, many of them at the expense of MVFC, but also other conferences I've outline these before. And I don't accept lame defenses when people dismiss this by saying ... what does it matter anyway when you're talking about the last team out.

It is not surprising people from UNH and CAA don't see this. AD Scarano still needs to go. Rocco .. call me about that beer soon !!

p.s. I fully realize most people either don't care nearly as much or just don't agree with me. I've made my points, so I'll drop my crusade on this topic for now ... I will only respond further if I'm asked to specifically, or the committee says/does something further on this topic.

You truly aren't much of football fan if the coach you want to have a beer with is,Mr. Personality, Danny Rocco.

MR. CHICKEN
May 14th, 2018, 06:55 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27595&stc=1......AH'D.....RATHERAH.....DO UH DOGFISH.....WHIFF DANNY............DEN UH......MAPLE-TINI..........WHIFF MARTY.......xrolleyesx......AWK!

KPSUL
May 15th, 2018, 07:12 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27595&stc=1......AH'D.....RATHERAH.....DO UH DOGFISH.....WHIFF DANNY............DEN UH......MAPLE-TINI..........WHIFF MARTY.......xrolleyesx......AWK!

Maybe, but a Beer or two with Sean McDonnell? Tedious, boring and perseverating Danny Rocco - not even in the same ball park.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27606&stc=1

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe, but a Beer or two with Sean McDonnell? Tedious, boring and perseverating Danny Rocco - not even in the same ball park.

TheKingpin28
May 15th, 2018, 08:31 PM

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27606&stc=1I had 603 when I was up in Portsmouth. Damn good beer!

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

PantherRob82
May 15th, 2018, 09:08 PM
How is this thread still going in May?

uni88
May 15th, 2018, 10:36 PM
How is this thread still going in May?Redbird's therapist told him he needed to better express himself in order to work through his "issues.". ;)

UNHWildcat18
May 16th, 2018, 06:45 AM
Redbird's therapist told him he needed to better express himself in order to work through his "issues.". ;)

His wall at home is all cutout papers with red lines connecting the dots. The windows blacked out, the lamp shining against the wall.

one picture of UNH getting a bid in 2017, its connected to a photo of marty holding the door open for the selection committee.

or the classic 2015 bid that arose suspicion when marty was found giving a quarter to the Holy Cross AD for the vending machine.

POD Knows
May 16th, 2018, 07:20 AM
His wall at home is all cutout papers with red lines connecting the dots. The windows blacked out, the lamp shining against the wall.

one picture of UNH getting a bid in 2017, its connected to a photo of marty holding the door open for the selection committee.

or the classic 2015 bid that arose suspicion when marty was found giving a quarter to the Holy Cross AD for the vending machine.http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27608&stc=1

Redbird 4th & short
May 16th, 2018, 07:43 AM

I see the UNI tag team is back at the trolling ways and making valuable contributions to this board. At least the UNH guys have an actual stake in this. Going to avoid the trolls and stick to my promise.

PantherRob82
May 16th, 2018, 08:08 AM
I see the UNI tag team is back at the trolling ways and making valuable contributions to this board. At least the UNH guys have an actual stake in this. Going to avoid the trolls and stick to my promise.

Oh, my bad, I come back to the board after 3-4 months and see this thread still rolling, but I'm trolling...xlolx.

I didn't even mention you and your insanity, but you're done with the topic...

Redbird 4th & short
May 16th, 2018, 08:27 AM
Oh, my bad, I come back to the board after 3-4 months and see this thread still rolling, but I'm trolling...xlolx.

I didn't even mention you and your insanity, but you're done with the topic...

you've come at me many times before .. so why would a sane or insane person assume this was anything different ?

p.s. you still mad about 2014 ?

uni88
May 16th, 2018, 07:24 PM
First, lighten up Francis.
Second, as far as the tag team and trolling, I think you might have me confused with another UNI poster.
Third, I don't disagree that UNH has had some fishy bids but there have been more egregious ones but you're like a dog with a bone with this and a few others.
Fourth, Ursus has addressed some of your bidding conspiracy theories anyou've chosen to disregard him.
Fifth, this topic has been beaten beyond dead.
Sixth and finally, this is the adult pool (an all FCS message board) and you're going to get different opinions from a variety of sources along with some occasional good-natured grief. If you can't handle that you should stick to the kiddy pool (your teams message board). I hope you don't because I think you bring some good perspectives to the board but you can be a tad bit defensive.

Mattymc727
May 17th, 2018, 06:26 AM
Did Marty sell uranium to the Russians?

Redbird 4th & short
May 17th, 2018, 07:56 AM
First, lighten up Francis.
Second, as far as the tag team and trolling, I think you might have me confused with another UNI poster.
Third, I don't disagree that UNH has had some fishy bids but there have been more egregious ones but you're like a dog with a bone with this and a few others.
Fourth, Ursus has addressed some of your bidding conspiracy theories anyou've chosen to disregard him.
Fifth, this topic has been beaten beyond dead.
Sixth and finally, this is the adult pool (an all FCS message board) and you're going to get different opinions from a variety of sources along with some occasional good-natured grief. If you can't handle that you should stick to the kiddy pool (your teams message board). I hope you don't because I think you bring some good perspectives to the board but you can be a tad bit defensive.

appreciate the post .. and agree that when I decide something is important for whatever reason, I do dig in a lot harder .. and that can come off as very defensive. I view it more as argumentative, but we don't need to parse words .. I would be a fool to not acknowledge your point.

In this case, I am talking about an ongoing problem that I believe needs to be addressed .. as it happens, coming from Chicago, Cook County, and state of Illinois .. curruption and quid pro quo kind of grates on me more than others. When this thread first popped, someone scooped that there would be announcement about Scarano stepping down from committee .. so I decided to look into whether there have been any changes on the committee and found the March 2018 committee minutes indicating Scarano was still serving on committtee. I sincerely believe he needs to go, so I bumped this thread to comment.

p.s. and sorry for automatically associating you with my past squabbles with PantherRob

uni88
May 17th, 2018, 09:31 AM
appreciate the post .. and agree that when I decide something is important for whatever reason, I do dig in a lot harder .. and that can come off as very defensive. I view it more as argumentative, but we don't need to parse words .. I would be a fool to not acknowledge your point.

In this case, I am talking about an ongoing problem that I believe needs to be addressed .. as it happens, coming from Chicago, Cook County, and state of Illinois .. curruption and quid pro quo kind of grates on me more than others. When this thread first popped, someone scooped that there would be announcement about Scarano stepping down from committee .. so I decided to look into whether there have been any changes on the committee and found the March 2018 committee minutes indicating Scarano was still serving on committtee. I sincerely believe he needs to go, so I bumped this thread to comment.

p.s. and sorry for automatically associating you with my past squabbles with PantherRob

No problem. I live in Lake County and have lived in Chicago and Cook County. Give PantherRob a chance. I don't know him personally but he seems like a good guy.

Redbird 4th & short
May 17th, 2018, 01:17 PM
No problem. I live in Lake County and have lived in Chicago and Cook County. Give PantherRob a chance. I don't know him personally but he seems like a good guy.

fair enough ... and apologies to PantherRob if I jumped to wrong conclusion .. wouldn't be first time ... nor last xdrunkyx

p.s. as I promised before, I will only comment again on this Scarano topic, if it becomes relevant .. fair warning ... relevance is in eye of the beholder !! xpeacex

PantherRob82
May 18th, 2018, 10:18 PM
you've come at me many times before .. so why would a sane or insane person assume this was anything different ?

p.s. you still mad about 2014 ?

I'm not mad about anything football related. I know that's hard for you to relate to

PantherRob82
May 18th, 2018, 10:20 PM

We've never met? Hard to believe.

I'm ok. I also dgaf when it comes to message boards at times. :)

PantherRob82
May 18th, 2018, 10:20 PM

We've never met? Hard to believe.

I'm ok. I also dgaf when it comes to message boards at times. :)

Lorne_Malvo
May 18th, 2018, 10:27 PM
Dont care about any of this as long as North Dakota doesn't ever make the playoffs.

Regarding having a beer with Rocco: I would pass but would love to get hammered with Bo Pelini. Piss him off and watch him explode. It would be great fun.

Thumper 76
May 18th, 2018, 10:50 PM
Dont care about any of this as long as North Dakota doesn't ever make the playoffs.

Regarding having a beer with Rocco: I would pass but would love to get hammered with Bo Pelini. Piss him off and watch him explode. It would be great fun.

I got bad news for you......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper 76
May 18th, 2018, 10:51 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27608&stc=1

How much do we have to donate as a group for this to be 4th and Shorts avatar for Selection day and the following week?

Lorne_Malvo
May 18th, 2018, 11:21 PM
How much do we have to donate as a group for this to be 4th and Shorts avatar for Selection day and the following week?

I thought they did a charity or site funding thing here where you can pay to change someones avatar for a while..

cx500d
May 19th, 2018, 12:58 AM
I got bad news for you......

How about Having a Joose with stiegelmeir and then go cart racing against each other?

Thumper 76
May 19th, 2018, 01:10 AM
How about Having a Joose with stiegelmeir and then go cart racing against each other?

Oh I was referencing UND never making the playoffs, but that would also be fun.

cx500d
May 19th, 2018, 01:16 AM
Oh I was referencing UND never making the playoffs, but that would also be fun.

Oh, I thought you were going to say pelini was a teetotaler

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Redbird 4th & short
May 19th, 2018, 08:37 AM

or just tune into any YSU game. let refs do the dirty work, and get exact same result xnodx

Redbird 4th & short
May 19th, 2018, 08:58 AM

dude .. I don't appreciate it how much this misrepresents my conspiracy theory .. you're going to need a bigger wall ! xdrunkyx

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuboG868-xTvbCmGVEHXNGBWnwEAAlllmWdggjM7W7uzYiJzxKhw

POD Knows
May 19th, 2018, 10:12 AM
dude .. I don't appreciate it how much this misrepresents my conspiracy theory .. you're going to need a bigger wall ! xdrunkyx

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuboG868-xTvbCmGVEHXNGBWnwEAAlllmWdggjM7W7uzYiJzxKhw

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27619&stc=1

Redbird 4th & short
May 20th, 2018, 09:30 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27619&stc=1

getting closer, but you also disappoint me ... xrotatehx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiCv3RwFef0

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5HDJ0r1ok-B9JjbViPwsmszbBv0stQ2M_wQ4yc2kb7THkY5WQeQ (https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fl7.alamy.com%2Fzooms%2F 94965b090a72462181239192b879f4ef%2Fjay-o-sanders-kevin-costner-and-joe-pesci-jfk-1991-directed-by-oliver-f4pj7x.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.alamy.com%2Fstock-photo%2Fkevin-costner-joe-pesci-jfk.html&docid=-8iUAhNnxdC4fM&tbnid=DlFR_WZuqSOR4M%3A&vet=10ahUKEwjtx93zv5TbAhXG5J8KHRlQAysQMwhoKCcwJw.. i&w=640&h=449&itg=1&bih=535&biw=1163&q=jfk%20joe%20pesci&ved=0ahUKEwjtx93zv5TbAhXG5J8KHRlQAysQMwhoKCcwJw&iact=mrc&uact=8)