Nicholls at SLU
PV A&M at UIW
SFA at NWST
ACU at UCA
HBU at SHSU
McNeese at Lamar

cx500d
November 11th, 2017, 10:47 PM
Nicholls at SLU xcoffeex actually this might be the only interesting one given the most boring game of the year SLU had against McNeese....
PV A&M at UIWxcoffeex
SFA at NWSTxcoffeex
ACU at UCAxcoffeex I heard somewhere that ACU was dangerous though
HBU at SHSUxcoffeex
McNeese at Lamarxcoffeex

BEAR
November 11th, 2017, 10:59 PM
Playoff teams and hopefuls:

Team, Conf., overall, next opponent, Massey chances of winning:

UCA, 8-0, 9-1, ACU, 98%
SHSU, 7-1, 9-1, HBU, 99%
Nicholls, 7–1, 8-2, SLU, 39%
McNeese, 6-2, 8-2, Lamar, 98%

Note: Two conference games played on Thursday Nov. 16- Nicholls at SLU, PV A&M at UIW.
Other 4 games on Saturday Nov. 18.

After tonight UCA won the SLC title but can win it outright next Saturday.

BEAR
November 12th, 2017, 01:43 PM
Anybody calling for any upsets?

katss07
November 12th, 2017, 01:50 PM
Good luck with ACU, Central Arky. Don’t sleep on the Wildcats. If you go up early, don’t stop scoring! ACU has fight and good coaching. They will make adjustments.

I don’t think Nicholls beat SELA is an upset, but the Colonials are going to win.

katss07
November 12th, 2017, 01:52 PM
Double post, ignore.

SFA 93
November 12th, 2017, 02:15 PM
Basketball season has now started, so SFA fans are happy again and football is an afterthought. :)

McCowboys
November 12th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Basketball season has now started, so SFA fans are happy again and football is an afterthought. :)

Your football team has really had me scratching my head trying to figure y'all out all year. SFA had better show up against the Demons or it could get ugly.

TheRevSFA
November 12th, 2017, 08:33 PM
Nicholls at SLU
PV A&M at UIW
SFA at NWST
ACU at UCA
HBU at SHSU
McNeese at Lamar

SLU
PV AM
NWST
UCA
SHSU
McNeese

Daytripper
November 13th, 2017, 09:05 AM
Nicholls at SLU - dangerous game for Nicholls. I hope they win and get a playoff spot. It's really a pick'em.
PV A&M at UIW
SFA at NWST
ACU at UCA - Battle of the three-letter alphabet.
HBU at SHSU
McNeese at Lamar - Win and in for the Cowboys????? Need a blowout for style points.

Bear84
November 13th, 2017, 09:15 AM

ACU at UCA. I propose we call it the Purple Palindrome Bowl! :)

Sammy94
November 13th, 2017, 09:15 AM
Nicholls at SLU, really hoping for a Nicholls win so AGS will have so many cry babies, when 4 SLC teams get in.
PV A&M at UIW
SFA at NWST
ACU at UCA
HBU at SHSU
McNeese at Lamar

one_armed_man
November 13th, 2017, 09:18 AM

I like it. Now if we could only turn it into a palindrome too.

Purple ACU UCA elpruP

Wildcat1997
November 13th, 2017, 09:44 AM
Nicholls at SLU
PV A&M at UIW
SFA at NWST
ACU at UCA
HBU at SHSU
McNeese at Lamar
Nicholls
PV A&M
SFA
UCA (After the Sam game I’m cautiously optimistic that we can give the Bears a tough game.)
SHSU
McNeese

McCowboys
November 13th, 2017, 10:06 AM
Nicholls at SLU - dangerous game for Nicholls. I hope they win and get a playoff spot. It's really a pick'em.
PV A&M at UIW
SFA at NWST
HBU at SHSU
McNeese at Lamar - Win and in for the Cowboys????? Need a blowout for style points.

I hope the Cowboys can win, but don't count on style points with our coach. If we are leading 7-0, he will take the foot off the gas so as not to run up the score. Exaggerating a bit, but he certainly let the Demons back in the game Saturday.

BEAR
November 13th, 2017, 10:49 AM
I like it. Now if we could only turn it into a palindrome too.

Purple ACU UCA elpruP

I was thinking the same thing. xlolx

A palindrome is a word, phrase, number, or other sequence of characters which reads the same backward or forward.

BEAR
November 15th, 2017, 12:04 PM
Alright SLC fans.... first two games are tomorrow!

Get your picks in!

Even if your team isn't going to the playoffs, go out and support them! They've worked all year and in the off-season... they see your response and appreciate it. Get out there! xthumbsupx

Serpentor
November 15th, 2017, 12:31 PM
ACU at UCAxcoffeex I heard somewhere that ACU was dangerous though

We should have played Robert Morris instead...

katss07
November 15th, 2017, 04:37 PM

Now if only we could get ACU to install some of that purple turf...

cx500d
November 15th, 2017, 06:30 PM
We should have played Robert Morris instead...

I got no comeback to that... At least you didn't throw the MVSU game insult at me...

FormerPokeCenter
November 15th, 2017, 07:52 PM
If Nicholls wins, I'm not sure even a blowout would help us....the only way we get it in is if we win big against Lamar, Nicholls loses and some of the other Bubble teams lose...

I fully expect McNeese to get Wofforded with a pretty thin 9-2 resume. Better performances against Nicholls or UCA might have made a difference...

If we get into the playoffs, we better damn well win more than one ****ing game....of course, being ranked pretty low means that IF we get in, we'll get a pretty tough first round game...

cx500d
November 15th, 2017, 08:19 PM
If Nicholls wins, I'm not sure even a blowout would help us....the only way we get it in is if we win big against Lamar, Nicholls loses and some of the other Bubble teams lose...

I fully expect McNeese to get Wofforded with a pretty thin 9-2 resume. Better performances against Nicholls or UCA might have made a difference...

If we get into the playoffs, we better damn well win more than one ****ing game....of course, being ranked pretty low means that IF we get in, we'll get a pretty tough first round game...

well the really good teams sit out the pre and first round.

katss07
November 15th, 2017, 08:55 PM

I would focus on winning the game against Lamar and hoping Southeastern wins big, plus hope that Delaware, UNH, ISUr, Montana, NAU, Sac St and South Dakota lose (any combination of 4 of those need to lose). Also, if I were a McNeese fan, I would not be worried about winning more than a first round game (should you get that far). The program missed it last season and has not won a playoff game in 15 (??) years. A playoff win would be a big boost for this program.

McNeese75
November 15th, 2017, 09:13 PM
I would focus on winning the game against Lamar and hoping Southeastern wins big, plus hope that Delaware, UNH, ISUr, Montana, NAU, Sac St and South Dakota lose (any combination of 4 of those need to lose). Also, if I were a McNeese fan, I would not be worried about winning more than a first round game (should you get that far). The program missed it last season and has not won a playoff game in 15 (??) years. A playoff win would be a big boost for this program.

Damn, we have been looking for an expert on McNeese football and obviously we found him right here!!!! If I were a Sam Houston Fan I would not be so worried about winning but avoiding the curb stomping if the road does end.

We understand you are not impressed with the Cowboys and that is fine. I really want the SLC to advance deep in the playoffs but I really am not sure this year's version of Kat football is up to the standard of prior teams. UCA appears to be the real deal but we won't really know until they face the top of the Valley or JMU.

And for the record, I do NOT expect to see McNeese in the bracket this Sunday (even if Nicholls loses). BUT if a pocketful of miracles happen and the Pokes end up in the bracket and win a first round game, I would LOVE to visit SHSU in the second round xthumbsupx

Daytripper
November 15th, 2017, 09:44 PM
Damn, we have been looking for an expert on McNeese football and obviously we found him right here!!!! If I were a Sam Houston Fan I would not be so worried about winning but avoiding the curb stomping if the road does end.

We understand you are not impressed with the Cowboys and that is fine. I really want the SLC to advance deep in the playoffs but I really am not sure this year's version of Kat football is up to the standard of prior teams. UCA appears to be the real deal but we won't really know until they face the top of the Valley or JMU.

And for the record, I do NOT expect to see McNeese in the bracket this Sunday (even if Nicholls loses). BUT if a pocketful of miracles happen and the Pokes end up in the bracket and win a first round game, I would LOVE to visit SHSU in the second round xthumbsupx

SLC will get three in if either (or both) McNeese or Nicholls win their final game.

BEAR
November 16th, 2017, 07:43 AM
Two games tonight!

Nicholls at SLU- If Nicholls wins, are they in? SLU stands in their way.

PV A&M at UIW- I expect PVAM to walk all over UIW.

Daytripper
November 16th, 2017, 08:45 AM
Two games tonight!

Nicholls at SLU- If Nicholls wins, are they in? SLU stands in their way.

PV A&M at UIW- I expect PVAM to walk all over UIW.

I think Nicholls is in if they win this game. This is actually a playoff game for them, I think. It's not a given that they win, though. SELA is a tough out.

katstrapper
November 16th, 2017, 05:41 PM

I hate to say it, but be prepared for the Southland to only have two schools in the playoffs. The committee will be in love with the MVFC and don't be surprised if E Washington is one of the last teams in. I hope its not the case, but I have NO faith in the selection committee whatsoever. I am sure the Fargo Radio Station has already asked to interview the Chairman to lobby their case for a top 2 seed.xbangx

BEAR
November 17th, 2017, 08:36 AM
After last year's debacle in Huntsville, UCA will come out Saturday with one mission.

Having already won at least a share of the conference title this year and gotten AQ with the Southland with the SLU win, the Bears have only ONE THING on their mind.

Win the conference title OUTRIGHT.

I'm pretty sure the LAST thing the Bear players want to do is give Sammy any part of the title this year.

http://chipchickcom.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/cat.jpg

xlolx

Serpentor
November 17th, 2017, 01:23 PM
Well poo, barring some serious flap ups this weekend, that might be Nicholls swansong for the year. Shame, that was the Colonel's best season in 20+ years, and last time they finished 8-3 they made the playoffs.

LIONFAN07
November 17th, 2017, 02:36 PM
I hate to say it, but be prepared for the Southland to only have two schools in the playoffs. The committee will be in love with the MVFC and don't be surprised if E Washington is one of the last teams in. I hope its not the case, but I have NO faith in the selection committee whatsoever. I am sure the Fargo Radio Station has already asked to interview the Chairman to lobby their case for a top 2 seed.xbangx

If the Southland only gets two teams in this year the conference office needs to look in the mirror and say what have we done. Especially with one of the teams left out is 9-2. An 8-3 team that lost too an FBS close and lost in a rivalry game on the road in the final seconds just shows where the league has fallen too. Since they went too 9 game schedule Southland has been a two team league. I love the ACU addition but the HBU and UIW I'm still shaking my head.

Good luck to McNeese I hope they get in. I have seen them live this year and they are a playoff team.

katss07
November 17th, 2017, 03:53 PM
If the Southland only gets two teams in this year the conference office needs to look in the mirror and say what have we done. Especially with one of the teams left out is 9-2. An 8-3 team that lost too an FBS close and lost in a rivalry game on the road in the final seconds just shows where the league has fallen too. Since they went too 9 game schedule Southland has been a two team league. I love the ACU addition but the HBU and UIW I'm still shaking my head.

Good luck to McNeese I hope they get in. I have seen them live this year and they are a playoff team.
If McNeese wins they are in. No way to keep out a 9-2 Southland team. It’s like keeping out a 7-4 MVFC team, it just doesn’t happen.

I fully expect the Cowboys to be called on Sunday. If they don’t get called, I will have some serious beef with the committee.

Wildcat1997
November 17th, 2017, 08:54 PM
NW St HC Jay Thomas won’t return next season. https://www.ktbs.com/sports/nsu-will-not-retain-head-football-coach-jay-thomas-after/article_fda0ef10-cc06-11e7-b69b-cf0f82526a25.html

TheRevSFA
November 18th, 2017, 07:17 AM
Well poo, barring some serious flap ups this weekend, that might be Nicholls swansong for the year. Shame, that was the Colonel's best season in 20+ years, and last time they finished 8-3 they made the playoffs.

They won the conference that year

Hood
November 18th, 2017, 06:51 PM
NW St HC Jay Thomas won’t return next season. https://www.ktbs.com/sports/nsu-will-not-retain-head-football-coach-jay-thomas-after/article_fda0ef10-cc06-11e7-b69b-cf0f82526a25.html
It hurt seeing him in purple, anyway. Hopefully he can get a gig somewhere that isn't going to have him coaching against Nicholls every year.