PDA

View Full Version : I stopped submitting a poll ballot

Milktruck74
November 5th, 2017, 12:54 PM
I stopped submitting my poll ballot, because I SUCK at prognosticating!!!!!!! This season has absolutely thrown me for a loop. I'm not sure if it is because I just don't know what I think I know or if every team out there is bi-polar. Aside from that, I really don't feel like I can devote the proper amount of time to researching that I should....I don't want to be one of THOSE voters.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 5th, 2017, 12:56 PM
xeyebrowx

Dude, it's an inexact science! Don't be so hard on yourself!

GoBlueHens83
November 5th, 2017, 01:42 PM
Just make your best effort. No voter here is perfect, and there is no correct answer. The poll is better with more people voting.

Reign of Terrier
November 5th, 2017, 01:48 PM
There's definitely more parity this year in every conference than in years past. The Socon will probably have a case for 4 in the playoffs. So will the Southland. the CAA will probably have a case for 5, 6 if Richmond upsets JMU. The MVFC has a case for 6. The Big Sky will have a case for 3 and maybe 4 (they are a little harder to crack). Even the Big South has a case for 2.

KPSUL
November 5th, 2017, 01:58 PM
Even the Big South has a case for 2.

Probably not when all the regular season games have been played.

PaladinFan
November 5th, 2017, 02:23 PM
To be fair, this season it is probably quite hard.

1. JMU
2. NDSU
3. JSU

After that just pull names out of a hat.

smallcollegefbfan
November 5th, 2017, 02:25 PM
There's definitely more parity this year in every conference than in years past. The Socon will probably have a case for 4 in the playoffs. So will the Southland. the CAA will probably have a case for 5, 6 if Richmond upsets JMU. The MVFC has a case for 6. The Big Sky will have a case for 3 and maybe 4 (they are a little harder to crack). Even the Big South has a case for 2.

Honestly, I don't think any league except CAA, MVFC, SoCon, Big Sky, and Southland should have 2 or more in the field this year. I wish we did not have auto bids because I firmly believe those 4 in the SoCon, 6-7 in MVFC, 5-6 in CAA, and 4-5 in Big Sky, and 3-4 in SLC would finish 1 or 2 in the NEC, Big South, Patriot League, SWAC, and MEAC this year. I think the only teams from those leagues that are truly top 30-35 caliber are Kennesaw State, Grambling State, and NC A&T. I have 2 of them in my top 25 and the 3rd team in my top 5-7 out of it but none of them higher than like 17 right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably not when all the regular season games have been played.

That's what I'm thinking. There will be a lot of these teams who appear to have a case that will eliminate themselves over the next week or two.

centennial
November 5th, 2017, 03:58 PM
Honestly, I don't think any league except CAA, MVFC, SoCon, Big Sky, and Southland should have 2 or more in the field this year. I wish we did not have auto bids because I firmly believe those 4 in the SoCon, 6-7 in MVFC, 5-6 in CAA, and 4-5 in Big Sky, and 3-4 in SLC would finish 1 or 2 in the NEC, Big South, Patriot League, SWAC, and MEAC this year. I think the only teams from those leagues that are truly top 30-35 caliber are Kennesaw State, Grambling State, and NC A&T. I have 2 of them in my top 25 and the 3rd team in my top 5-7 out of it but none of them higher than like 17 right now.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I'm thinking. There will be a lot of these teams who appear to have a case that will eliminate themselves over the next week or two.

Are you a Big 12 basketball fan? I mean the MVFC is a G5 level league. The CAA is also a borderline G5 level league. Keep the AQ because otherwise we get 2 conferences with 12-14 teams.

MTfan4life
November 5th, 2017, 06:17 PM
To be fair, this season it is probably quite hard.

1. JMU
2. NDSU
3. JSU

After that just pull names out of a hat.

Why is JSU a more guaranteed top 3 than Central Arkansas?
UCA's best two wins: Sam Houston State and McNeese State
JSU's best two wins: Austin Peay and Liberty? Eastern Illinois?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 5th, 2017, 06:27 PM
I stopped submitting my poll ballot, because I SUCK at prognosticating!!!!!!! This season has absolutely thrown me for a loop. I'm not sure if it is because I just don't know what I think I know or if every team out there is bi-polar. Aside from that, I really don't feel like I can devote the proper amount of time to researching that I should....I don't want to be one of THOSE voters.

Well to be honest Milk this just sounds like an excuse to me. None of us are prognosticating anything in the first place outside of the preseason poll and possibly a little bit in the first couple of polls since less has happened. We are evaluating and giving our best guesses at what we have witnessed...notice this is past tense?

You always did a fine job and if we all did this we wouldn't have much of an output around here would we? Sorry that you quit the poll because I would have liked to see you carry on with us for sure.

JSUSoutherner
November 5th, 2017, 07:03 PM
Why is JSU a more guaranteed top 3 than Central Arkansas?
UCA's best two wins: Sam Houston State and McNeese State
JSU's best two wins: Austin Peay and Liberty? Eastern Illinois?
Why not? xcoolx

kdinva
November 5th, 2017, 07:29 PM

xnodx

this should be fun for most of us......except for a few that think if a team in THEIR conference is 5-6 should get an at-large.....I don't loose sleep....

ngineer
November 5th, 2017, 10:10 PM
Just make your best effort. No voter here is perfect, and there is no correct answer. The poll is better with more people voting.

+1

grizband
November 6th, 2017, 02:31 AM
I got busy this year, and missed too many submissions early (traveled more for work than expected); but I'll be back next year. Hope you reconsider, this is a great way to follow FCS football outside of your own team!

Milktruck74
November 6th, 2017, 06:57 AM
Well to be honest Milk this just sounds like an excuse to me. None of us are prognosticating anything in the first place outside of the preseason poll and possibly a little bit in the first couple of polls since less has happened. We are evaluating and giving our best guesses at what we have witnessed...notice this is past tense?

You always did a fine job and if we all did this we wouldn't have much of an output around here would we? Sorry that you quit the poll because I would have liked to see you carry on with us for sure.

MAybe it is an excuse, but I just feel like every time I see a flash of brilliance it is followed by a complete crap the bed. I just can't figure out teams, and I wonder if it is because I'm not putting the time in necessary to figure them out, or is this season an outlier?

Bison56
November 6th, 2017, 07:08 AM
Why not? xcoolx

Better wins.

POD Knows
November 6th, 2017, 07:11 AM
I got busy this year, and missed too many submissions early (traveled more for work than expected); but I'll be back next year. Hope you reconsider, this is a great way to follow FCS football outside of your own team!This, I learned more about Elon in this process than I ever wanted to know, it originally thought the place was a sky resort in Vermont.

Milktruck74
November 6th, 2017, 08:19 AM
This, I learned more about Elon in this process than I ever wanted to know, it originally thought the place was a sky resort in Vermont.

Or a Chateau outside of Atlanta.... close enough.