PDA

View Full Version : NAU @ UM

TheRealJacks
October 30th, 2017, 03:34 PM
The lumberjacks head to Missoula for a potential Snow game. NAU 6-2 (5-0) @ UM 5-3 (3-2). NAU is riding a 6 game winning streak while UM suffered a lost to weber st. I have NAU winning the game but being an ugly one with the run game being established and the defense being stout as usual. Discuss

Silenoz
October 30th, 2017, 03:44 PM
We might be on QB #3 so...

Grizalltheway
October 30th, 2017, 03:56 PM
We might be on QB #3 so...

De ja vu all over again. xsmhx

jadmt
October 30th, 2017, 04:00 PM
NAU always suffers in WGS. If Jensen does not pass concussion protocol it could be tough but if he plays we should win. Hopefully the team that came out for the second half last week is the team that shows up for the 1st half this week. At least we have a decent 3rd string QB or I guess now he would be considered the 2nd string QB.

dbackjon
October 30th, 2017, 04:24 PM
This game (well, any game) makes me very nervous. How will the Jack passing attack do in the cold (and potentially) snow?

SeattleGriz
October 30th, 2017, 04:28 PM
This game (well, any game) makes me very nervous. How will the Jack passing attack do in the cold (and potentially) snow?

How could you not list loud as well!

Catbooster
October 30th, 2017, 04:43 PM
When will you know whether Jensen can play this weekend? Hope he's good to go.

centennial
October 30th, 2017, 05:01 PM
Montana is fighting for the playoffs. Stitt might be fighting for his job. NAU looks better on paper to me. I'll be watching this game.

dbackjon
October 30th, 2017, 05:06 PM
How could you not list loud as well!

That depends on whether Pols will be there or not

mvemjsunpx
October 30th, 2017, 05:21 PM
Key injury questions for both sides in this one, with Gresch Jensen going through concussion protocol & Elijah Marks having missed the Sac game.

FCSFBFAN
October 30th, 2017, 05:26 PM
That depends on whether Pols will be there or not

Too bad the weather may change how this game would have been played. It will be a good one.

Grizalltheway
October 30th, 2017, 05:44 PM
Too bad the weather may change how this game would have been played. It will be a good one.

Football is an outdoor game and the elements are a part of it. xcoffeex

Grizalltheway
November 4th, 2017, 04:56 PM
Wow. Cookus ejected for targeting.xlolxxeyebrowx

TheKingpin28
November 4th, 2017, 05:01 PM

Wait what did I miss? The QB ejected for targeting?

katss07
November 4th, 2017, 05:02 PM
Hope NAU gets exposed for the garbage they are in this game. Help me out UM?

Schism55
November 4th, 2017, 05:07 PM
Why isn't this on Pluto tv?
Where can it be seen?

Grizalltheway
November 4th, 2017, 05:08 PM
Hit a Griz linebacker out of bounds on a reverse play.

RootinFerDukes
November 4th, 2017, 05:11 PM
I see it's on Root Sports but is there a streaming option available?

TheKingpin28
November 4th, 2017, 05:16 PM

Damn. Well there goes most of their offense.

Schism55
November 4th, 2017, 05:32 PM
Is there a stream of this game? Bueller, Bueller......

Grizalltheway
November 4th, 2017, 05:49 PM
Is there a stream of this game? Bueller, Bueller......
Negative ghost rider

Schism55
November 4th, 2017, 05:54 PM
Negative ghost rider
Poopy flavored lollipops :(

Silenoz
November 4th, 2017, 05:55 PM
Damn. Well there goes most of their offense.

Well we're playing our 4th string QB, so I still like their odds

Wait, we don't have a 4th QB. We're playing our TE at QB. I really like their odds

Silenoz
November 4th, 2017, 05:56 PM
-5 passing yards at the half. Oooh boy. Does Murray have the WaGriz record from last season? We might break that.

TheKingpin28
November 4th, 2017, 05:57 PM
Well we're playing our 4th string QB, so I still like their odds

Wait, we don't have a 4th QB. We're playing our TE at QB. I really like their odds

How long is Jensen out for? Concussion right?

Silenoz
November 4th, 2017, 05:58 PM
He's supposedly dressed. I dunno, I can't watch the game.

If NAU somehow loses this game they should probably just forfeit their playoff spot

tomq04
November 4th, 2017, 06:16 PM

If NAU somehow loses this game they should probably just forfeit their playoff spot

Lol out loud.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=400950842

caribbeanhen
November 4th, 2017, 06:23 PM
Negative ghost rider

What happened to big sky TV?

Grizalltheway
November 4th, 2017, 06:24 PM
What happened to big sky TV?

They can't carry games that Root sports covers.

FCSFBFAN
November 4th, 2017, 06:26 PM

In case you missed - Cookus got ejected 7 mins into the game. NAU is going with a true freshman QB who's taken a handful of snaps this season. Tough place to break in..

I Bleed Purple
November 4th, 2017, 06:33 PM
Oh hey, I get the NAU-Montana game here...tape delayed.

caribbeanhen
November 4th, 2017, 06:36 PM
In case you missed - Cookus got ejected 7 mins into the game. NAU is going with a true freshman QB who's taken a handful of snaps this season. Tough place to break in..

Quarterback ejected ....what the heck did he do?

TheKingpin28
November 4th, 2017, 06:37 PM

Quarterback ejected ....what the heck did he do?

there you go

FCSFBFAN
November 4th, 2017, 06:40 PM
there you go

Didn't hit him out of bounds. Made a block up high and they called targeting. Looked like he led with his shoulder but helmets collided so I guess it could have gone either way. Not a very aggressive hit as you can expect from a QB so it seemed a little weak on the refs. That rule sucks in many cases.

caribbeanhen
November 4th, 2017, 06:53 PM
Didn't hit him out of bounds. Made a block up high and they called targeting. Looked like he led with his shoulder but helmets collided so I guess it could have gone either way. Not a very aggressive hit as you can expect from a QB so it seemed a little weak on the refs. That rule sucks in many cases.

without seeing the play I have to agree with everything you said

jadmt
November 4th, 2017, 07:14 PM
not sure if two teams could suck as bad as these two teams. fortunately Nau sucks more. I knew nau would fold but not this bad.

Silenoz
November 4th, 2017, 07:17 PM
Someone fill me in on what we're doing. Glorified wildcat? This would be like our win over FBS Idaho where decided to be triple option for one week. It's so stupid it has to work!

Silenoz
November 4th, 2017, 07:20 PM
I picked a good season to have to give up my season tickets (for the time being). Weak OOC teams and one ****show conference game after another for home games

jadmt
November 4th, 2017, 07:26 PM
when you are down to your 4th string qb you do what you need to and fortunately nau is so bad that we could win without any qb lol.

TheKingpin28
November 4th, 2017, 07:32 PM
when you are down to your 4th string qb you do what you need to and fortunately nau is so bad that we could win without any qb lol.

Did you forget that Cookus got ejected?

Grizalltheway
November 4th, 2017, 07:33 PM
Refs continue to be a complete joke.

srgrizizen
November 4th, 2017, 07:52 PM

The rule may well suck. But there is no doubt whatever it was correctly applied.

dbackjon
November 4th, 2017, 07:56 PM
**** Montana and **** The big sky

can't let Montana get crushed by and I you so you cheat and eject the best player in the league

NAU needs to get out of the **** show that is big sky in that Montana do a circle jerk with itself

completely pathetic but it's Montana so what the hell does anybody expect

- - - Updated - - -

Refs continue to be a complete joke.

I'll piss off you guys were given the game and you know it

jadmt
November 4th, 2017, 07:59 PM
Did you forget that Cookus got ejected?
I didn't forget. you were down to 2nd string we were down to 4th string so I guess nau is only half as good. I am sure it would have been different if Cookus would have played but given how poor we played on offense you should have been able to do better 2nd string or not. Maybe if you win out you will get to come back to Missoula for a playoff game.

Silenoz
November 4th, 2017, 07:59 PM

can't let Montana get crushed by and I you so you cheat and eject the best player in the league

NAU needs to get out of the **** show that is big sky in that Montana do a circle jerk with itself

- - - Updated - - -

Oh shut the f up Jon, seriously. Remember when NAU kicked the ball through the endzone and they called a safety on us and nearly cost us the game?

Mad about a questionable call? Because if you needed Cookus to beat a sorry ass team that is literally playing without a quarterback then you deserve to ****ing lose

WrenFGun
November 4th, 2017, 08:00 PM
Wild game; Big Sky just completely turned on it's head now -- with the way the games went today, Weber State and SUU look pretty good, but this is probably a 3 bid-league now as the bubble looks pretty rough for 7 DI teams outside the MVFC; things could certainly change though. Could move back to a four bid league if Northern Arizona can beat SUU in the finale, of course, but you also have Montana beating NAU and maybe finishing 8-3 but then losing to EWU who at best is 7-4. Will be interesting to see how it works out.

jadmt
November 4th, 2017, 08:01 PM

- - - Updated - - -

It was a legit call. Stupid mistake by a qb who should not have been trying to block but don't blame the BS or the refs for a stupid play. last week 2 griz got ejected for the same thing.

Grizalltheway
November 4th, 2017, 08:02 PM

- - - Updated - - -

100% correct call as the rule is written. If you had an objective bone in your body you'd admit it instead of throwing a hissy fit.xrolleyesx

srgrizizen
November 4th, 2017, 08:03 PM

- - - Updated - - -

1. Montana didn't eject Cookus. Refs made an absolutely correct call. How dumb is Cookus? Looked like a maniac going off the field.

2. Montana had a 4th string, not a 2nd string QB.

3. No, I don't know it was handed to Montana. Looked to me like Montana still had to work their asses off to pull it out.

4. I, too, wish we had seen a Cookus vs. Jensen shootout. Ugly game. Great Montana win. Get over it.

JSUSoutherner
November 4th, 2017, 08:03 PM
Hi. New here. How the **** does a QB get ejected?

jadmt
November 4th, 2017, 08:04 PM
Wild game; Big Sky just completely turned on it's head now -- with the way the games went today, Weber State and SUU look pretty good, but this is probably a 3 bid-league now as the bubble looks pretty rough for 7 DI teams outside the MVFC; things could certainly change though. Could move back to a four bid league if Northern Arizona can beat SUU in the finale, of course, but you also have Montana beating NAU and maybe finishing 8-3 but then losing to EWU who at best is 7-4. Will be interesting to see how it works out.

UM will win out as we have two easy games and for sure we get a playoff game no ifs and ands or butts.

jadmt
November 4th, 2017, 08:06 PM
Hi. New here. How the **** does a QB get ejected?

by being a dumbass and targeting with his head trying to block a linebacker.

JSUSoutherner
November 4th, 2017, 08:13 PM
by being a dumbass and targeting with his head trying to block a linebacker.
Wow.

Just wow.

Silenoz
November 4th, 2017, 08:21 PM
UM will win out as we have two easy games and for sure we get a playoff game no ifs and ands or butts.
UNC won't be easy. And we looked like pitiful against a wide receiver playing quarterback for the Cats last year, so, we'll see

srgrizizen
November 4th, 2017, 08:28 PM
UNC won't be easy. And we looked like pitiful against a wide receiver playing quarterback for the Cats last year, so, we'll see

xthumbsupx No reason to feel cocky based on what we saw today. Very gutsy defense, but not exactly invulnerable.

PantherRob82
November 4th, 2017, 08:49 PM
Here’s a link to the most textbook targeting call I’ve ever seen xlolx

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/4/16607416/quarterback-ejected-targeting-northern-arizona (https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/4/16607416/quarterback-ejected-targeting-northern-arizona)

PantherRob82
November 4th, 2017, 08:51 PM
Any video of Cookus taunting the crowd on his way out?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 4th, 2017, 09:31 PM

It was funny to see how a big part of the NAU team was just a whole lot of juvenile and cheapshotting all over today...the dbackjonning of their team seems to be taking over.

mvemjsunpx
November 4th, 2017, 09:32 PM

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/926987259542429696

veinup
November 4th, 2017, 09:32 PM
i was still pretty sure we were going to lose after cookus got ejected, to be honest.

qb stats:

makena simis: 6-15, 1 INT, 0 TD. 101 yards on 19 rushing attempts.
stone smartt: 12-25, 1 INT, 1 TD. 48 yards on 18 rushing attempts.

woof

ursus arctos horribilis
November 4th, 2017, 09:35 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Cry me a river dback...we had two players go out last week on plays that were no worse than what Cookie did. You should get out of the BSC amd go somewhere else with all the f'n crying you always do about how your team got ****ed every time they piss down their leg...it's never your fault right? BTW, cheap SOB's out there today with the NAU spuad...trying to take PSU's place it appears. You ain't us, you'll never be us. As bad as we are...you still couldn't do **** and that is on your team.

Quit being a whiny SOB dude. Fairly pathetic little temper tantrum when you know the collapse is coming you should just sit back and enjoy the ride.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 4th, 2017, 09:41 PM
https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/926987259542429696

You live the coddling, you die by the coddling. He's lucky he got out when he did.

Daytripper
As an objective viewer without a dog in the hunt, I say weak call. Targeting is about tackling, not blocking. Those type of hits happen all of the time in the course of a play. When they look at the tape tomorrow, the UM dude who got blown up by Cookus needs to be ridiculed.

JALMOND
Here’s a link to the most textbook targeting call I’ve ever seen xlolx

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/4/16607416/quarterback-ejected-targeting-northern-arizona (https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/4/16607416/quarterback-ejected-targeting-northern-arizona)

Are you kidding me? xconfusedx That's targeting?

JALMOND
November 4th, 2017, 09:42 PM
As an objective viewer without a dog in the hunt, I say weak call. Targeting is about tackling, not blocking. Those type of hits happen all of the time in the course of a play. When they look at the tape tomorrow, the UM dude who got blown up by Cookus needs to be ridiculed.

Tend to agree here. If that is targeting, the whole sport need to be overhauled.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 4th, 2017, 09:43 PM

Tell us about it. That is how it worked out for us with Jensen...against EWU I think it was.

Grizalltheway
November 4th, 2017, 09:44 PM
Absolutely no reason to make helmet-to-helmet contact on that play. Zero. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Daytripper
November 4th, 2017, 09:46 PM
Absolutely no reason to make helmet-to-helmet contact on that play. Zero. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Watch oline-dline run play during any play at any level of football. They bump heads every single play. Is it all targeting? Should they all be ejected?

caribbeanhen
November 4th, 2017, 09:48 PM

I don't know what the refs are looking for on a targeting call but the block by the quarterback should not be it

ursus arctos horribilis
November 4th, 2017, 09:49 PM
Tend to agree here. If that is targeting, the whole sport need to be overhauled.

Unless it happens TO a QB and then it's all different.

I think 90% of targeting calls are weak sauce but this has happened a lot around the BSC this season and they made this an important part of what was going to be called this season from the very beginning. I think it sucks because as I said every time we have a guy trying ot tackle a QB you have to hold your breath and hope their helmet wasn't anywhere near the QB's helmet.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 4th, 2017, 09:52 PM
Watch oline-dline run play during any play at any level of football. They bump heads every single play. Is it all targeting? Should they all be ejected?

That was my exactl scenario years back when this all started happening. I said if this is gonna be the way to protect QB's and receivers then every RB that puts his head down should get that call every play. If it's in place to protect the defenseless receiver that ain't looking tehn this is every bit as legit.

It's definitely stupid, but that is where we are now. It's legitimate under today's rules.

Daytripper
November 4th, 2017, 09:52 PM
Unless it happens TO a QB and then it's all different.

I think 90% of targeting calls are weak sauce but this has happened a lot around the BSC this season and they made this an important part of what was going to be called this season from the very beginning. I think it sucks because as I said every time we have a guy trying ot tackle a QB you have to hold your breath and hope their helmet wasn't anywhere near the QB's helmet.

Quarterbacks, by the very nature of the position, are usually defenseless. No other player on the field besides a WR are potential targets while trying to do something specific where they can't defend themselves. A quarterback BLOCKING a defensive player is a completely different animal..... Once again, weak call.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 4th, 2017, 09:55 PM
Quarterbacks, by the very nature of the position, are usually defenseless. No other player on the field besides a WR are potential targets while trying to do something specific where they can't defend themselves. A quarterback BLOCKING a defensive player is a completely different animal..... Once again, weak call.

Funny thing is I got my response to this one in before you could post it. BS it is completely different. Either you are or you are not a player on that field playing under the same rules.

I ain't arguing for the rule btw. I'm saying stop acting like a QB should live by some special set of rules.

RabidRabbit
November 4th, 2017, 09:57 PM
It was funny to see how a big part of the NAU team was just a whole lot of juvenile and cheapshotting all over today...the dbackjonning of their team seems to be taking over.
Ursus - Pick on posts not posters xeyebrowx dbackjonning xbowx

Daytripper
November 4th, 2017, 09:57 PM
Funny thing is I got my response to this one in before you could post it. BS it is completely different. Either you are or you are not a player on that field playing under the same rules.

I ain't arguing for the rule btw. I'm saying stop acting like a QB should live by some special set of rules.

I'm not arguing that. I'm saying that targeting should not even be an option during blocking. It should only be in play when tackling a player who cannot defend themselves. A quarterback throwing or a WR/RB catching....

TheKingpin28
November 4th, 2017, 09:58 PM
I didn't forget. you were down to 2nd string we were down to 4th string so I guess nau is only half as good. I am sure it would have been different if Cookus would have played but given how poor we played on offense you should have been able to do better 2nd string or not. Maybe if you win out you will get to come back to Missoula for a playoff game.

I am not a NAU fan incase you were not a n00b to this board.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 4th, 2017, 09:58 PM
Ursus - Pick on posts not posters xeyebrowx dbackjonning xbowx:D

katss07
November 4th, 2017, 10:00 PM
I said it after the rankings came out, I said it before the game and I'll say it once more. SUU>NAU

ursus arctos horribilis
November 4th, 2017, 10:03 PM
I'm not arguing that. I'm saying that targeting should not even be an option during blocking. It should only be in play when tackling a player who cannot defend themselves. A quarterback throwing or a WR/RB catching....

That would be great if it were the case wouldn't it? But it isn't. I've seen a whole lot of what used to be crack back blocking that involved helmets go this way. Just this time it was the QB so we all need to feel extra badly for him....xlolx

BTW, the ruling on the field by the replay booth was "confirmed" so I guess they all got it wrong.

I'll say it again, I agree with you it should not be this way, it has gone too far. But, all the players should be playing by the same set of rules.

dbackjon
November 4th, 2017, 10:12 PM
If you think that was targeting then you you don't know jack **** about football that was one of the weakest Pawleys I've seen once again Montana gets away with The refs bailing them out
Big sky has to have their precious Montana win games iand get to the playoffs **** Montana

- - - Updated - - -

If you think that was targeting then you you don't know jack **** about football that was one of the weakest Pawleys I've seen once again Montana gets away with The refs bailing them out
Big sky has to have their precious Montana win games iand get to the playoffs **** Montana

dbackjon
November 4th, 2017, 10:15 PM
Cry me a river dback...we had two players go out last week on plays that were no worse than what Cookie did. You should get out of the BSC amd go somewhere else with all the f'n crying you always do about how your team got ****ed every time they piss down their leg...it's never your fault right? BTW, cheap SOB's out there today with the NAU spuad...trying to take PSU's place it appears. You ain't us, you'll never be us. As bad as we are...you still couldn't do **** and that is on your team.

Quit being a whiny SOB dude. Fairly pathetic little temper tantrum when you know the collapse is coming you should just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Did Montana lose the best player in the big sky to a bull**** targeting call No so don't even try to equate them.

Redbird 4th & short
November 4th, 2017, 10:18 PM
why should it only be about tackling ? why should blockers be allowed to go head to head ? The defenders head is not worth protecting ?

tough call, but he in fact targeted his head .. when he could easily have just put a shoulder or arms into the guys chest. he chose to use his helmet to hit the defenders head.

Utgrizfan
November 4th, 2017, 10:18 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Wow dude grow the **** up seriously, you're not the first team to get screwed over with what you construe as a bad call, even though he did lead with his head. Maybe have a more complete team thats not dependant on 1 player next time.

mvemjsunpx
November 4th, 2017, 10:29 PM
Wow dude grow the **** up seriously, you're not the first team to get screwed over with what you construe as a bad call, even though he did lead with his head. Maybe have a more complete team thats not dependant on 1 player next time.

dback's just being a troll like usual. He also kept trying to argue the "safety" in the 2010 game was the right call. xcoffeex

I Bleed Purple
November 4th, 2017, 10:44 PM
I said it after the rankings came out, I said it before the game and I'll say it once more. SUU>NAU

I have not seen NAU play yet this year, but SUU is the best Big Sky team I've seen this year.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 4th, 2017, 10:51 PM
Did Montana lose the best player in the big sky to a bull**** targeting call No so don't even try to equate them.

You didn't lose the best player in the league either crybaby. He'd have been on his back all f'n day anyway just like 2015. Boohoohoo again as it is every time NAU loses...someone else's fault...

As was mentioned, we beat you with our TE whiner.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 4th, 2017, 10:52 PM

- - - Updated - - -

don't i

Silenoz
November 4th, 2017, 10:57 PM

- - - Updated - - -

lmao, with how many games we lose they must be doing a pretty piss-poor job of bailing us out then Spanos

ursus arctos horribilis
November 4th, 2017, 11:02 PM
I have not seen NAU play yet this year, but SUU is the best Big Sky team I've seen this year.

They definitely are but Weber also has a claim to that one. Just depends (as usual) on which team with the least mistakes but I think SUU has a bit higher ceiling....but not much.

I Bleed Purple
November 4th, 2017, 11:20 PM
They definitely are but Weber also has a claim to that one. Just depends (as usual) on which team with the least mistakes but I think SUU has a bit higher ceiling....but not much.

I actually think the opposite, that Weber has the higher ceiling but SUU much more likely to play at a higher level.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 4th, 2017, 11:31 PM
I actually think the opposite, that Weber has the higher ceiling but SUU much more likely to play at a higher level.

Well, that is a real possibility so I won't argue you on it. I don't think either team has played to their potential...yet. Both have good talent.

mvemjsunpx
November 5th, 2017, 01:00 AM
The full video of Cookus's antics (and the targeting & everything else, too) is here: http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/watch-a-quarterback-get-ejected-for-targeting-1820150915/amp

Unfortunately, ROOT cut away just before someone tried to dump snow on him. xlolx

mtjack
November 5th, 2017, 01:26 AM
I sat behind the opposing (NAU) bench at the Griz-Jacks game in 2008. Those fans are no choirboys. Cookus must have let the chatter get to him with his ejection. NAU's been over-emotional on a few occasions this year and it happened again a few times today. I'd prefer they learn to temper such behavior but I'll take caring too much over not caring at all.

And....throwing snowballs at opposing players is in the Philadelphia Eagles fan behavior wheel house. Righteous indignation would abound if the roles were reversed.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 5th, 2017, 01:37 AM
I sat behind the opposing (NAU) bench at the Griz-Jacks game in 2008. Those fans are no choirboys. Cookus must have let the chatter get to him with his ejection. NAU's been over-emotional on a few occasions this year and it happened again a few times today. I'd prefer they learn to temper such behavior but I'll take caring too much over not caring at all.

And....throwing snowballs at opposing players is in the Philadelphia Eagles fan behavior wheel house. Righteous indignation would abound if the roles were reversed.

I agree with you on that for sure. Throwing snowballs at players, refs, coaches, etc. is pure chicken****.

mvemjsunpx
November 5th, 2017, 02:54 AM
I agree with you on that for sure. Throwing snowballs at players, refs, coaches, etc. is pure chicken****.

They didn't try to throw a snowball at Cookus. I think they knocked the built-up snow that was on the railing above the tunnel down (not sure if it actually hit him).

Someone did throw a large snowball down on the field right after the failed 2PC. It didn't land anywhere near a person, though.

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2017, 06:56 AM

Are you kidding me? xconfusedx That's targeting?

Have you ever read the actual rule?xcoffeex

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2017, 06:58 AM
Except the people they are blocking are expecting the contact.

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2017, 07:01 AM

How is blindsiding a defender with a helmet to helmet hit any different than an offensive player catching the ball? I hate reverting most of the time but your arguments are asinine.

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2017, 07:06 AM
If you think that was targeting then you you don't know jack **** about football that was one of the weakest Pawleys I've seen once again Montana gets away with

Love you, dback, but you’re the one who doesn’t know **** here.

Rules:

No player shall target and make forcible contact against an opponent with the crown (top) of his helmet. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting (See Note 1 below). When in question, it is a foul.

Launch—a player leaving his feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area
A crouch followed by an upward and forward thrust to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area, even though one or both feet are still on the ground
Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area
Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet

Easiest targeting call I have ever seen. Contact with the crown, launch, and forcible contact to the head or neck area. They didn’t even have to get to the “when in question, it is a foul” part.

kalm
November 5th, 2017, 07:17 AM
Does the targeting rule require an automatic ejection? I assume so. Could he have been called for unnecessary roughness instead?
If so, they ****ed up a call that has playoff and conference championship implications.

I'm ok with the call but the ejection is complete horse****. No one in the stadium or the Big Sky office is going to take issue if Cookus is not ejected.

As mentioned before, this same scenario plays out and does not get called every game. Consistency in applying the rules is super important at every level and with every sport.

You Griz Gomers need to slow your role and be more humble about your gift.

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2017, 07:32 AM
Does the targeting rule require an automatic ejection? I assume so. Could he have been called for unnecessary roughness instead?
If so, they ****ed up a call that has playoff and conference championship implications.

I'm ok with the call but the ejection is complete horse****. No one in the stadium or the Big Sky office is going to take issue if Cookus is not ejected.

As mentioned before, this same scenario plays out and does not get called every game. Consistency in applying the rules is super important at every level and with every sport.

They are required to go with targeting if it fits the description of the rule. Targeting comes with the ejection.

mvemjsunpx
November 5th, 2017, 07:48 AM

Yeah, having to play a TE at QB the whole game was a real "gift." xrolleyesx

jadmt
November 5th, 2017, 07:50 AM
all I know is Griz are going to be in the playoffs and nobody from the BS is going to want to play them....that is a fact.

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2017, 07:57 AM
all I know is Griz are going to be in the playoffs and nobody from the BS is going to want to play them....that is a fact.
Let’s not go overboard... xlolx

Bison56
November 5th, 2017, 08:09 AM

Ok

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2017, 08:19 AM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/4d850209dc7ed1f183e4e60720005a79/tenor.gif

kalm
November 5th, 2017, 08:28 AM
Yeah, having to play a TE at QB the whole game was a real "gift." xrolleyesx

Did Cookus knock Simis out on that play?

clenz
November 5th, 2017, 08:39 AM

There’s a difference between bumping heads and launching, crown first, at Simone that doesn’t know youre there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jadmt
November 5th, 2017, 08:41 AM

no he did not knock anybody out but himself. Simis was playing because the 3rd string qb Hill pissed Stitt off on the very first series. He did not call the play that Stitt wanted on the second play and boom 3 plays and he was benched.

kalm
November 5th, 2017, 08:48 AM
no he did not knock anybody out but himself. Simis was playing because the 3rd string qb Hill pissed Stitt off on the very first series. He did not call the play that Stitt wanted on the second play and boom 3 plays and he was benched.

That was a rhetorical question for Mvem...

Daytripper
November 5th, 2017, 08:54 AM

I'm not saying that "by the rule" it isn't targeting. I am saying that I think it is a piss-poor rule in the first place. As I mentioned before offensive and defensive linemen go "head to head" when blocking on most every run play. Shouldn't they be ejected?

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2017, 08:58 AM
I'm not saying that "by the rule" it isn't targeting. I am saying that I think it is a piss-poor rule in the first place. As I mentioned before offensive and defensive linemen go "head to head" when blocking on most every run play. Shouldn't they be ejected?

I already addressed that. They know the play is coming to them.

Daytripper
November 5th, 2017, 09:02 AM
I already addressed that. They know the play is coming to them.

Every player on the field knows they are a potential target until the whistle blows..... That is the game of football.

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2017, 10:16 AM
Every player on the field knows they are a potential target until the whistle blows..... That is the game of football.

Now you’re just being dense. We are arguing this call within the interpretation of the rules, not whether or not anyone like the targeting rule. Linemen hitting helmets with a yard between them face to face is completely different than blindsiding a player in the head.

kalm
November 5th, 2017, 10:35 AM
Now you’re just being dense. We are arguing this call within the interpretation of the rules, not whether or not anyone like the targeting rule. Linemen hitting helmets with a yard between them face to face is completely different than blindsiding a player in the head.

Yep, and that player is also running at full speed.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 5th, 2017, 11:02 AM
FWIW, I thought the call to eject Cookus was the single worst call I have ever seen in football at any level. I also loved the passion and fire that guy plays with, I LOVED him chewing out the asshole ref that made the call on the way out the guy should be fired from ever getting a chance to **** somebody like that again.

That single play made it about 90% that I NEVER go to OR watch another football game again until the rules are changed back to a game men play.

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2017, 11:05 AM
FWIW, I thought the call to eject Cookus was the single worst call I have ever seen in football at any level. I also loved the passion and fire that guy plays with, I LOVED him chewing out the asshole ref that made the call on the way out the guy should be fired from ever getting a chance to **** somebody like that again.

That single play made it about 90% that I NEVER go to OR watch another football game again until the rules are changed back to a game men play.

So you are never going to a game ever again? They will never undo targeting. At best they will overhaul the review of them, something that will hopefully happen this off season.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 5th, 2017, 11:37 AM
So you are never going to a game ever again? They will never undo targeting. At best they will overhaul the review of them, something that will hopefully happen this off season.

Extremely high probability, I havent watch the NFL in 8 going on 9 years because of their pussy rule changes. Football the way it was meant to be played is over. Womens softball is more violent.

Im Out

jadmt
November 5th, 2017, 11:37 AM

I hate bad calls too and having Cookus ejected had an outcome on the game but the blame should not go on the refs or the griz etc. the blame should be on the coach for calling a play that your star player is going to have to throw a block on the first freaking series of downs. You save that play until it really needs to be run and it was too early in the game for that play call.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 5th, 2017, 11:41 AM
I hate bad calls too and having Cookus ejected had an outcome on the game but the blame should not go on the refs or the griz etc. the blame should be on the coach for calling a play that your star player is going to have to throw a block on the first freaking series of downs. You save that play until it really needs to be run and it was too early in the game for that play call.

BULL****, a coach should be able to call any play he wants!!! When rules start dictation player outcome and play calling why even bother showing up? You dont go down this road you go HARD the other way to stop it from happening. Honsetly its going to take a few coaches that say go out and hit, we will deal with not having enough players to finish the game or start the game the following week. When that starts happening rule changes will happen but its gonna take a few dozen coaches with balls to do it.

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2017, 11:46 AM
All Cookus had to do was throw a legal block. Would putting his shoulder into the defenders sternum not have done the job?

Bronco
November 5th, 2017, 11:46 AM
I saw it as a cheap shot play. He deserved the penalty.
The part I liked best was when he turned and saw the majority of the Griz players waving good bye.

Another bonus is he will be playing pissed off against the cats next week

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/bear_042303_01.jpg

jadmt
November 5th, 2017, 11:49 AM
right wrong or indifferent the Griz are playoff bound. If you don't want to support them and you want to hate them all you are going to get is disappointed...

kalm
November 5th, 2017, 12:11 PM
right wrong or indifferent the Griz are playoff bound. If you don't want to support them and you want to hate them all you are going to get is disappointed...

Not a lock, even at 8-3. There are several potential 7-4 teams with better resumes. See ISUr and Albany last year.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 5th, 2017, 12:15 PM
Montana should not get in the playoffs in any way. If they do it just shows how jaded the NCAA is and places $$$ over quality teams on the bubble.

Why put a team in that is just going to get embarrassed in one game when they play a quality team. We dont deserve it, we are not a good team and playoffs are years away IMO

JALMOND
November 5th, 2017, 12:16 PM

I have and looking at it repeatedly, the hit does not fit the rule. With targeting, the player has to lead with the crown of the helmet, and Cookus led with his shoulder and arm. The next level of targeting is hitting a defenseless opponent in the head or neck. I have a hard time thinking a defender is "defenseless" if he is about to make a tackle. If any penalty, it should have been hands to the face, 15 yards and no ejection.

I have no love for NAU this year. I did not like the way they played or the way they acted, Cookus included, when they were here a few weeks ago. I've been waiting for someone to knock them off their high horse. But this was a blown call, pure and simple.

JALMOND
November 5th, 2017, 12:22 PM
All Cookus had to do was throw a legal block. Would putting his shoulder into the defenders sternum not have done the job?

It looks like he was aiming for the defender's sternum. The Griz defender brought his head down and collided with Cookus' shoulder. Hard to say he was "defenseless" when he was bracing for the hit. Clearly was intent when he got up and pointed to his head.

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2017, 12:23 PM
I have and looking at it repeatedly, the hit does not fit the rule. With targeting, the player has to lead with the crown of the helmet, and Cookus led with his shoulder and arm. The next level of targeting is hitting a defenseless opponent in the head or neck. I have a hard time thinking a defender is "defenseless" if he is about to make a tackle. If any penalty, it should have been hands to the face, 15 yards and no ejection.

I have no love for NAU this year. I did not like the way they played or the way they acted, Cookus included, when they were here a few weeks ago. I've been waiting for someone to knock them off their high horse. But this was a blown call, pure and simple.

Defenseless means they are unaware the hit is coming. By your reasoning how is a wide receiver defenseless when he is about to make a catch? How would it be hands to the face? He didn’t touch his face. His helmet hit the defenders helmet.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26419&stc=1

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2017, 12:26 PM
It looks like he was aiming for the defender's sternum. The Griz defender brought his head down and collided with Cookus' shoulder. Hard to say he was "defenseless" when he was bracing for the hit. Clearly was intent when he got up and pointed to his head.
BS. Look at the pic I just posted. He isn’t lowered and isn’t bracing for the hit. He is standing up at reaching out to make the tackle. WTF are you watching? xlolx

uofmman1122
November 5th, 2017, 12:27 PM
Not a lock, even at 8-3. There are several potential 7-4 teams with better resumes. See ISUr and Albany last year.
Lol

An 8-3 Montana team goes to the playoffs every time. Let’s not get carried away.

jadmt
November 5th, 2017, 12:29 PM

It is all about tradition and things are better with the an early playoff game at WGS the weekend after turkey day. One of those So Dak schools perhaps. It would be funny tho if it were ewu but at 7-4 they wont get in. No doubt money plays a part.

kalm
November 5th, 2017, 12:32 PM
It is all about tradition and things are better with the an early playoff game at WGS the weekend after turkey day. One of those So Dak schools perhaps. It would be funny tho if it were ewu but at 7-4 they wont get in. No doubt money plays a part.

So you admit it won't be based on merit.

Okthanks.

Bronco
November 5th, 2017, 12:44 PM
NAU QB wanted to make a statement hit and then stand there beating his chest pointing at the crowd...fires up the players

I saw my favorite Duck Vernon Adams do the same cheap shot and chest pound without getting penalized a few years ago.

jadmt
November 5th, 2017, 12:47 PM
So you admit it won't be based on merit.

Okthanks.

Merit plays a roll but so does $$$$. I mean at 6-5 we would not get in but at 7-4 we might and at 8-3 for sure.

polsongrizz
November 5th, 2017, 12:59 PM
That depends on whether Pols will be there or notI haven't missed a home game since around "92." xcoachxxthumbsupx

Silenoz
November 5th, 2017, 01:05 PM
jd, you do realize how much of a homer you are, right? Even if we reach the playoffs and win our first home game, we will be massive underdogs to whatever seed we get sent off to

And let's not be ridiculous Kalm, of course 8-3 Montana gets in the playoffs

jadmt
November 5th, 2017, 01:19 PM
jd, you do realize how much of a homer you are, right? Even if we reach the playoffs and win our first home game, we will be massive underdogs to whatever seed we get sent off to

Yup no doubt about it

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 5th, 2017, 01:47 PM
Well at least most of you admit Montana shouldn't be in the playoffs and if they are it's not merit based.

All we ask is for honesty when being a homoer

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

kalm
November 5th, 2017, 02:03 PM
Well at least most of you admit Montana shouldn't be in the playoffs and if they are it's not merit based.

All we ask is for honesty when being a homoer

I've heard rumors of EWU restarting softball. If that happens, look out! We will dominate the Griz!

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 5th, 2017, 02:08 PM
I've heard rumors of EWU restarting softball. If that happens, look out! We will dominate the Griz!

Wont surprise me, we are soft at everything but rape and home invasions

mvemjsunpx
November 5th, 2017, 04:03 PM
You don't have to lead with the crown for it to be targeting. That's just one possible criteria (https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/9/7/12829482/targeting-penalty-rulebook-ncaa-football):

Note 1: "Targeting" means that a player takes aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball. Some indicators of targeting include but are not limited to:

Launch—a player leaving his feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area
A crouch followed by an upward and forward thrust to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area, even though one or both feet are still on the ground
Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area
Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet

Cookus's hit definitely met the third criteria.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 5th, 2017, 04:05 PM

I was gonna ask that same thing last night and went and copied for jonny boy since he knows so much about the footballs and so forth but figured I'd leave it be until today and maybe some fo them would look it up on their own.

mvemjsunpx
November 5th, 2017, 04:06 PM

Huh? I have no idea what this question even means. xconfusedx

The bottom line is that Cookus wouldn't have been ejected if he wasn't a moron.

mvemjsunpx
November 5th, 2017, 04:09 PM

With 13 at-larges, any Big Sky team is a lock at 8-3. The only Big Sky team I can recall going 8-3 and not getting in was Idaho State in 2002.

Also, Albany didn't get in last year, so I'm not sure what your point is there.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 5th, 2017, 04:20 PM

And yet confirmed by the booth so maybe your understanding of the rule is not as encompassing as those that made the call, go to the training and so on and so forth.

I think the rule sucks. We've paid dearly with players going out in games we needed them in. But if it's going to be administered then administer it fairly and in this case it was. Doesn't matter that some of us don't like the rule and think it should be changed or done away with.

Unless the BSC office comes out and says it is wrong I am going to have to go with seeing it several times myself and seeing Cookus actually doing what other players in the BSC have also gone out for.

FCSFBFAN
November 5th, 2017, 04:31 PM

How did they play or act? The guys are going through a very difficult year. Highly unusual that a winning team has to roll through a season with the future of teammates and the entire coaching staff totally unknown. They are banding together and it's kind of an "us against the world" attitude. You can't fault Case for making an attempt to block. He's 6'4" and the LB was stretching out to make the tackle and he just didn't get low enough. Last second when he realized he was up high, he tried to turn his shoulder and did. Their helmets barely touched and it was more the Montana guy making contact with the side of Cookus helmet.

Love Coach Bob Stitt leaping into the air, pumping his two fists when the ejection was confirmed. He knew right then that he had a chance. If that play hadn't have happened NAU would have won by 3-4 touchdowns.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 5th, 2017, 04:33 PM
If Montana went 8-3 then they have as much or more merit than any other middlin' team that is going to also get in. xlolx

Montana is not a very good team but there are gonna be a few not so good teams in this year. If we played better and quit killing ourselves with turnovers we could go play one of the top 10 teams and probably only lose by a couple of TD's.

kalm
November 5th, 2017, 04:42 PM
Huh? I have no idea what this question even means. xconfusedx

The bottom line is that Cookus wouldn't have been ejected if he wasn't a moron.

Did the Cookus hit cause you to play a TE at QB the whole game?

grizband
November 5th, 2017, 04:48 PM
If Montana went 8-3 then they have as much or more merit than any other middlin' team that is going to also get in. xlolx

Montana is not a very good team but there are gonna be a few not so good teams in this year. If we played better and quit killing ourselves with turnovers we could go play one of the top 10 teams and probably only lose by a couple of TD's.The two games we've lost have both included freshman mistakes, which might have been mitigated by Phillips playing. Griz aren't a very good team, but they're also not a bad team.

Guess what I'm saying is I agree with you Ursus.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

kalm
November 5th, 2017, 04:48 PM
With 13 at-larges, any Big Sky team is a lock at 8-3. The only Big Sky team I can recall going 8-3 and not getting in was Idaho State in 2002.

Also, Albany didn't get in last year, so I'm not sure what your point is there.

That was my point. Albany got passed up for a 6-5 ISUr last year. There are potentially several 7-4 teams with equal to better resumes than Montana this year (due to Montana's schedule) that might get the nod because the bubble appears to be stronger. I also don't completely trust the committee to discern between a pair of 9-2 SLC's, a 9-2 Big South, and an 8-3 Big Sky.

I think it's highly unlikely the Griz don't get in at 8-3 and all I said was it wasn't a lock.

Relax...:)

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2017, 05:10 PM
I was gonna ask that same thing last night and went and copied for jonny boy since he knows so much about the footballs and so forth but figured I'd leave it be until today and maybe some fo them would look it up on their own.

It has now been posted twice in this thread. Can’t reason with some people. Liking the rule and the rule being properly applied are two different things and I don’t think some people get that.

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2017, 05:12 PM
It has now been posted twice in this thread. Can’t reason with some people. Liking the rule and the rule being properly applied are two different things and I don’t think some people get that.

It is going to take something along the lines of a big time program with a big time QB to get ejected in a CFB Playoff game/national title before this rule gets altered. I don't see it being overturned until then.

mvemjsunpx
November 5th, 2017, 05:38 PM
That was my point. Albany got passed up for a 6-5 ISUr last year. There are potentially several 7-4 teams with equal to better resumes than Montana this year (due to Montana's schedule) that might get the nod because the bubble appears to be stronger. I also don't completely trust the committee to discern between a pair of 9-2 SLC's, a 9-2 Big South, and an 8-3 Big Sky.

I think it's highly unlikely the Griz don't get in at 8-3 and all I said was it wasn't a lock.

Relax...:)

Oh yeah, they will. The schedules aren't comparable. The committee isn't the STATS poll.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 5th, 2017, 05:50 PM
And yet confirmed by the booth so maybe your understanding of the rule is not as encompassing as those that made the call, go to the training and so on and so forth.

I think the rule sucks. We've paid dearly with players going out in games we needed them in. But if it's going to be administered then administer it fairly and in this case it was. Doesn't matter that some of us don't like the rule and think it should be changed or done away with.

Unless the BSC office comes out and says it is wrong I am going to have to go with seeing it several times myself and seeing Cookus actually doing what other players in the BSC have also gone out for.Maybe the refs and replay guys are thin skinned pussies? Maybe they are BOTH wrong

ursus arctos horribilis
November 5th, 2017, 05:54 PM
The two games we've lost have both included freshman mistakes, which might have been mitigated by Phillips playing. Griz aren't a very good team, but they're also not a bad team.

Guess what I'm saying is I agree with you Ursus.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think the cornercould be turned but it hasn't happened yet and I don't think it will. By the 7th game of the season you sort of know what you are gonna be because that is plenty of time for the coaches and players to have worked the kinks out. For several years I have said that in the games we lose there are 5 mistakes that if they were not made we would have won. I think that most teams could say that as well but we just are not used to so many mistakes that take a game away from us I suppose.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 5th, 2017, 06:04 PM
Maybe the refs and replay guys are thin skinned pussies? Maybe they are BOTH wrong

Well we know you and dback are skinned pussies wanting to suggest that players should not be treated equally whether you or I or anyone else thinks the rule is a good one or not they got it right, you did not.

Case in point directly above with Alphasissybackjon.

TheRealJacks
November 6th, 2017, 02:41 PM
Couple thoughts and Opinions

After the Ejection of Cookus, NAU started a TRUE FRESHMAN @ QB with a couple run plays on his belt, while Montana fans wanna complain about their 4th string QB who plays TE, he is a Redshirt Senior with experience playing QB. Looking at other schools like SUU and Weber that lost their QB and lost their games and both being blown out. NAU plays at a hostile environment, cold/snowing weather, true freshman QB and lose by 2 points. 2 POINTS. I'm proud of this team. Defense showed up and only allowed 10 points (7 from a punt return). With Case, the jacks easily score 30+ points. You guys can enjoy this win, because this loss will fire up this team. As for Montana making the playoffs, I doubt it, maybe a easy win against UNC but @MSU with Murray at QB, unless he gets ejected, UM will lose and end up 7-4 missing the playoffs. The jacks still control their destiny and with wins against MSU and SUU, Big sky champs and first round home game.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 6th, 2017, 02:59 PM

After the Ejection of Cookus, NAU started a TRUE FRESHMAN @ QB with a couple run plays on his belt, while Montana fans wanna complain about their 4th string QB who plays TE, he is a Redshirt Senior with experience playing QB. Looking at other schools like SUU and Weber that lost their QB and lost their games and both being blown out. NAU plays at a hostile environment, cold/snowing weather, true freshman QB and lose by 2 points. 2 POINTS. I'm proud of this team. Defense showed up and only allowed 10 points (7 from a punt return). With Case, the jacks easily score 30+ points. You guys can enjoy this win, because this loss will fire up this team. As for Montana making the playoffs, I doubt it, maybe a easy win against UNC but @MSU with Murray at QB, unless he gets ejected, UM will lose and end up 7-4 missing the playoffs. The jacks still control their destiny and with wins against MSU and SUU, Big sky champs and first round home game.

A freshman QB got thrown into the game? Lucky we didn't have to do that this year already. You would have scored 30? Possible, we would have scored 90 with one of our two previous QB's so I guess you still lose it.

I might be overstating it. You porbably could have held us to around 60 or so if you were having a really good day.

TheRealJacks
November 6th, 2017, 03:08 PM
A freshman QB got thrown into the game? Lucky we didn't have to do that this year already. You would have scored 30? Possible, we would have scored 90 with one of our two previous QB's so I guess you still lose it.

I might be overstating it. You porbably could have held us to around 60 or so if you were having a really good day.

You mean the redshirt freshman you had? A whole year and half to get developed? also if you had your starter like last year would get shut down easily by NAU's defense. Also we shut down a way better QB with UC davis. Last time you faced a great QB with EWU's Gubrud, shredded you guys. With Case playing easy win. Even if your QB1 played, easy win, NAU defense shuts him down. Like i said enjoy this win, the refs really blessed the griz

Grizalltheway
November 6th, 2017, 03:10 PM

He was the third string QB two years ago, and one big game against an awful UND secondary notwithstanding, it was pretty clear there was a reason he was third string. And with NAU's history under Sourpuss, I think it's much more likely that game will be the catalyst for a meltdown, but we shall see.

Silenoz
November 6th, 2017, 03:52 PM

xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawl ingx

At the end of the day you lost to a mediocre-ass team playing without a QB. So, whatever makes you feel better about that.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 6th, 2017, 03:59 PM
You mean the redshirt freshman you had? A whole year and half to get developed? also if you had your starter like last year would get shut down easily by NAU's defense. Also we shut down a way better QB with UC davis. Last time you faced a great QB with EWU's Gubrud, shredded you guys. With Case playing easy win. Even if your QB1 played, easy win, NAU defense shuts him down. Like i said enjoy this win, the refs really blessed the griz

Nope. We won, that is that. We can sit and make up whatever we want to as far as stories to tell each other if you want to though. Year before last Cookus on his Tukas would have been the same this year.
.....Need
.....Another
excUse

PantherRob82
November 6th, 2017, 04:02 PM
Nope. We won, that is that. We can sit and make up whatever we want to as far as stories to tell each other if you want to though. Year before last Cookus on his Tukas would have been the same this year.
.....Need
.....Another
excUse

You guys are lucky they weren’t allowed to have 15 people on the field at a time. They would have put up 50. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 6th, 2017, 04:04 PM
You guys are lucky they weren’t allowed to have 15 people on the field at a time. They would have put up 50. xlolx

True.

BadlandsGrizFan
November 6th, 2017, 04:18 PM

Ya if if if...If my aunt had nuts shed be my uncle.......

This makes you look freaking pathetic...and just proves that losing in WaGriz still just infuriates opponents.

I cant beleive this asshat is on here talking about how they were at a disadvantage with their 2nd string QB playing against our TE.....sorry that the powerhouse known as NAU cant get a 2nd string QB good enough to beat a freaking tightend in the snow.....

Also when did NAU fans get so cocky??? The only person more cocky and pissed off than this guys is your DoucheBag QB who made an ass of himself and his program as he threw a tantrum while getting kicked off the field in front of 25k plus.

kalm
November 6th, 2017, 04:37 PM

This makes you look freaking pathetic...and just proves that losing in WaGriz still just infuriates opponents.

I cant beleive this asshat is on here talking about how they were at a disadvantage with their 2nd string QB playing against our TE.....sorry that the powerhouse known as NAU cant get a 2nd string QB good enough to beat a freaking tightend in the snow.....

Also when did NAU fans get so cocky??? The only person more cocky and pissed off than this guys is your DoucheBag QB who made an ass of himself and his program as he threw a tantrum while getting kicked off the field in front of 25k plus.

All this talk of "nuts shed" and "tightends" is making GATW randy.

jadmt
November 6th, 2017, 04:42 PM

actually it was only 20,499 let's not exaggerate. Really it was early so my guess was only about 19,000 or so saw the tirade. It was the proper call and the score reflected that nau really is not very good because on that particular day we were not very good either and we still won. I predict we will have at least 3 more wins before the season is over.

This was just before kick off so definitely one of the poorest crowd showings.
http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx74/jadmt/IMG_20171104_153058361_zps6rh2xto9.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
November 6th, 2017, 06:05 PM
It was a piss poor crowd for sure.

Catbooster
November 6th, 2017, 06:22 PM
The only teams to score less than NAU against the Griz this year were UND and Savannah State. Personally, I don't think your defense made astronomical improvements over the last week.

It's legitimate to argue that the Griz were also down a few men; that it's bad to have a team so dependent on one player, etc. But I don't see how an unbiased observer could argue that losing Cookus and having to play Smartt didn't significantly effect NAU and make it immensely easier to defend them (thereby leading to a close win for the Griz). That's the way this game works though, and the Griz got the W.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 6th, 2017, 06:30 PM
The only teams to score less than NAU against the Griz this year were UND and Savannah State. Personally, I don't think your defense made astronomical improvements over the last week.

It's legitimate to argue that the Griz were also down a few men; that it's bad to have a team so dependent on one player, etc. But I don't see how an unbiased observer could argue that losing Cookus and having to play Smartt didn't significantly effect NAU and make it immensely easier to defend them (thereby leading to a close win for the Griz). That's the way this game works though, and the Griz got the W.

What do the Griz average scoring this season? Wonder if our situation was impaired? Weber is a better defense that NAU for instance...the point is listening to ludicrous BS what ifs and excuses can be combatted with other ludicrous BS in case this was missed.

Catbooster
November 6th, 2017, 06:51 PM
What do the Griz average scoring this season? Wonder if our situation was impaired? Weber is a better defense that NAU for instance...the point is listening to ludicrous BS what ifs and excuses can be combatted with other ludicrous BS in case this was missed.
Agreed. I was really hoping Gresch was going to be back for this game (and not anticipating Case would be out) so we could get a better idea of where the teams stood. Now both will probably be back to playing next week and the game we saw is probably not a great indicator for the teams that will be playing the rest of the season - for either one of them (and I've been wondering if NAU is just late on starting their November swoon or not having it this year - this didn't help me decide).

But regardless, the Griz got the W and making excuses after a loss never looks good.

I Bleed Purple
November 6th, 2017, 07:23 PM
actually it was only 20,499 let's not exaggerate. Really it was early so my guess was only about 19,000 or so saw the tirade. It was the proper call and the score reflected that nau really is not very good because on that particular day we were not very good either and we still won. I predict we will have at least 3 more wins before the season is over.

This was just before kick off so definitely one of the poorest crowd showings.
http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx74/jadmt/IMG_20171104_153058361_zps6rh2xto9.jpg

Makes me miss the NAU-Weber game in 2009.

NAU generally doesn't like playing in bad weather.

Utgrizfan
November 6th, 2017, 08:25 PM
Never seen so much bitching about a game before. Guess what, Cookus messed up because it does fall under the definition of targeting so it was the right call. Montana was down their starting QB as well which is what helped it turn into an ugly game, woulda shoulda coulda isn't going to solve anything.

I Bleed Purple
November 6th, 2017, 08:35 PM
Never seen so much bitching about a game before. Guess what, Cookus messed up because it does fall under the definition of targeting so it was the right call. Montana was down their starting QB as well which is what helped it turn into an ugly game, woulda shoulda coulda isn't going to solve anything.

I haven't seen as much since the games where it only rains on Montana's side of the field.

TheRealJacks
November 6th, 2017, 09:15 PM
By the end of the season, we'll see who's bitching and what not 😉

ursus arctos horribilis
November 6th, 2017, 09:35 PM
Agreed. I was really hoping Gresch was going to be back for this game (and not anticipating Case would be out) so we could get a better idea of where the teams stood. Now both will probably be back to playing next week and the game we saw is probably not a great indicator for the teams that will be playing the rest of the season - for either one of them (and I've been wondering if NAU is just late on starting their November swoon or not having it this year - this didn't help me decide).

But regardless, the Griz got the W and making excuses after a loss never looks good.

Both teams played really hard, but really sloppy as well and it was absolutely not a good indicator but it might be actually because that is what the Griz have been doing most of the season. xlolx

But, I think we had 8 sacks and when turned up the D can play but can also be exploited...just depends on if we guess right enough times to get off the field.xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 6th, 2017, 09:40 PM
By the end of the season, we'll see who's bitching and what not ��

No we won't. We're not good so anything in the playoffs when we are this ****ty is a gift from other teams around the nation being ****ty as well. NAU isn't gonna be any world beater that I can see in the playoffs either so don't know that it would be some big bragging point.

Silenoz
November 7th, 2017, 10:58 AM
By the end of the season, we'll see who's bitching and what not 

Uh, it won't be us. We already know who we are.

BadlandsGrizFan
November 7th, 2017, 01:18 PM

No way man...having your tight end play QB and get the W is WAAAAYYYYYYYY easier than having your 2nd string QB get the win.

hahaha these ****ing people are unreal.

srgrizizen
November 7th, 2017, 01:36 PM
I think the purpose of the rule is to reduce helmet to helmet collisions. I don't believe there is any language in the rule (corrections welcomed, if there is) about what positions are involved, offense, defense, etc. The point is such violent head shots are dangerous and need to be eliminated as much as possible. Anybody who has viewed the DEADSPIN video and doesn't think that is targeting just flat out refuses to accept the rule. Tough break for (Head?)Case Cookus, but his reaction forfeited any sympathy I might has felt for him. And yes, NAU almost certainly would have won the game with Cookus against 4th string Montana QB. But why didn't NAU win anyway? Backup QB against Montana's slot receiver playing out of position. (Yeah, I know he was recruited as a QB). Maybe defense really does win games.

veinup
November 7th, 2017, 05:48 PM
I think the purpose of the rule is to reduce helmet to helmet collisions. I don't believe there is any language in the rule (corrections welcomed, if there is) about what positions are involved, offense, defense, etc. The point is such violent head shots are dangerous and need to be eliminated as much as possible.

agree with this. like it or not, they want as little helmet to helmet contact in the game as possible. especially out in the open field where guys are really flying, if you initiate helmet to helmet contact you're risking an ejection.

TheRealJacks
November 19th, 2017, 07:30 PM
No we won't. We're not good so anything in the playoffs when we are this ****ty is a gift from other teams around the nation being ****ty as well. NAU isn't gonna be any world beater that I can see in the playoffs either so don't know that it would be some big bragging point.

Well look at that

- - - Updated - - -

Uh, it won't be us. We already know who we are.

Yeah watching the playoffs at home xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2017, 07:45 PM
Well look at that

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah watching the playoffs at home xlolx

You're re-stating what we both said weeks back? You too dumb to pick on obvious cues or what is the problem there? You are ****ty as well just good enough to have barely squeezed in and we knew we shouldn't be there right off the bat. You ain't gonna do **** after getting by a pioneer team except get squashed like you did yesterday Simple Jack.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/1ZIPTqtu_aM/hqdefault.jpg

TheRealJacks
November 19th, 2017, 07:55 PM
Hey your team will be great in the coming years. Young talent and new facilities that will help with recruiting. The Griz will be back. As for NAU, I hope for a cinderella type of post season and a dark horse. Who knows, they have talent everywhere. As for the coming years, and the questions on who is the AD and head coach is up in the air. But if the players stay together and grow among themselves I believe UM and NAU could be at the top of the Big Sky for years to come

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2017, 08:01 PM
Hey your team will be great in the coming years. Young talent and new facilities that will help with recruiting. The Griz will be back. As for NAU, I hope for a cinderella type of post season and a dark horse. Who knows, they have talent everywhere. As for the coming years, and the questions on who is the AD and head coach is up in the air. But if the players stay together and grow among themselves I believe UM and NAU could be at the top of the Big Sky for years to come

I think there are gonna be very large question marks for both of us going forward and I think the competition is getting more crowded in the BSC which will be good for us overall but as far as the Griz there are way too many questions right now.

All the same, good luck to you guys cuz the conference could use the wins.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2017, 02:16 AM
By the end of the season, we'll see who's bitching and what not 😉

I knew we shouldn't be in the playoffs. Hope things are going well. Gonna try and catch this one tomorrow on WatchEsSPN but I am sure it was a rout. Good luck in Fargo.

I Bleed Purple
November 26th, 2017, 02:39 AM
I knew we shouldn't be in the playoffs. Hope things are going well. Gonna try and catch this one tomorrow on WatchEsSPN but I am sure it was a rout. Good luck in Fargo.

Is this a troll?

NDSUtk
November 26th, 2017, 01:25 PM

Bahahaha, this is awesome. Well played...well played.

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2017, 01:29 PM

Is this a troll?

Bahahaha, this is awesome. Well played...well played.

POTY

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2017, 01:33 PM
TheRealJack won’t be back this year.

I Bleed Purple
November 26th, 2017, 05:31 PM
Guess I read too many posts about how Montana should have been in over NAU using the same logic that they wouldn't want to apply to EWU's case for a playoff bid.

veinup
November 26th, 2017, 06:07 PM
i had a hunch that this thread would resurface xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2017, 06:51 PM
Guess I read too many posts about how Montana should have been in over NAU using the same logic that they wouldn't want to apply to EWU's case for a playoff bid.

Where did you read that at?

I Bleed Purple
November 26th, 2017, 07:03 PM
Any thread (here or elsewhere) that discusses NAU.

EDIT: I mean, in playoff threads most Montana fans recognize that they were fifth at best in the pecking order, but so many UM fans would lose their self awareness complaining about how much better Montana would do than NAU in those threads.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2017, 07:25 PM
Any thread (here or elsewhere) that discusses NAU.

EDIT: I mean, in playoff threads most Montana fans recognize that they were fifth at best in the pecking order, but so many UM fans would lose their self awareness complaining about how much better Montana would do than NAU in those threads.

I thought I had seen most of the threads here and we are here so we won't be talking about elsewhere's and what someone outside of here is talking about because if anyone was doing that here then they also had Griz fans telling them they were full of **** I would bet.

So what I am asking you is to quantify the "so many" fans you are referring to that failed to be self aware as I would like to help you make them more honest and self aware if you would point it out to me.

mvemjsunpx
November 26th, 2017, 07:39 PM
I thought I had seen most of the threads here and we are here so we won't be talking about elsewhere's and what someone outside of here is talking about because if anyone was doing that here then they also had Griz fans telling them they were full of **** I would bet.

So what I am asking you is to quantify the "so many" fans you are referring to that failed to be self aware as I would like to help you make them more honest and self aware if you would point it out to me.

No kidding. I thought UM should've been in over NAU (I expected both to be left out), but I don't recall a single Griz fan saying Montana should've been in over EWU.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2017, 07:45 PM
No kidding. I thought UM should've been in over NAU (I expected both to be left out), but I don't recall a single Griz fan saying Montana should've been in over EWU.

Not a chance and that was even before the loss to the Cats and then after it no f'n way and anyone that did make that argument I would sure feel badly that I let a dullard get that **** by anyone so I want to help IBP with this Griz problem that needs fixing...or it is made up bs that he needs to take back or live with spreading I guess but either way we need to point something out and clarify this allegation.:D

I Bleed Purple
November 26th, 2017, 07:53 PM
That would require me to actively search and research threads, something I have absolutely no interest in doing.

mvemjsunpx
November 26th, 2017, 08:33 PM
That would require me to actively search and research threads, something I have absolutely no interest in doing.

xlolxxthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 27th, 2017, 11:57 AM

You misspoke. Fair enough.

I Bleed Purple
November 27th, 2017, 01:10 PM
You misspoke. Fair enough.

Naw. I said what I meant.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 27th, 2017, 01:41 PM
Naw. I said what I meant.

And it was incorrect. If you can show me lots of Griz fans (I'll quantify lots as say 5) then I'll give that to you. Otherwise it lying BS and you know it.

I Bleed Purple
November 27th, 2017, 02:12 PM
So making observations on what I read is BS.

Whatever. I absolutely don't care so I'll let you post the last word and let the tie go to the defense (ive).

ursus arctos horribilis
November 27th, 2017, 02:22 PM
So making observations on what I read is BS.

Whatever. I absolutely don't care so I'll let you post the last word and let the tie go to the defense (ive).

Making false observations...

No tie for the lie. You are welcome. Thanks for the win.xthumbsupx