PDA

View Full Version : Richmond @ Villanova

Gangtackle11
October 29th, 2017, 07:01 AM
Saturday, 1pm
@ Villanova Stadium

Richmond 4-4 (2-3) vs. Villanova 4-4 (2-3)

All- time Series: Villanova leads 22-12

Last Richmond win: 2016 23-0
Last Villanova win: 2015 21-20

Gangtackle11
October 29th, 2017, 07:03 AM
The disappointment bowl.

RootinFerDukes
October 29th, 2017, 07:25 AM
Loser is officially out of the playoffs. Who saw that coming on September 2nd?

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 29th, 2017, 09:11 AM
The disappointment bowl.

You beat me to it.

caribbeanhen
October 29th, 2017, 11:20 AM
You beat me to it.

Are you guys interested in taking Rocco back?

Dukie95
October 29th, 2017, 11:25 AM
This will be interesting. Nova's strength is rushing offense, but I don't think that will matter against Richmond.

Gangtackle11
October 29th, 2017, 12:51 PM
Lauletta will throw for 400 maybe 500+ if Nova sits back in a zone and blitz no one like they did most of the Elon game.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 29th, 2017, 01:29 PM
Are you guys interested in taking Rocco back?

I don't think so. Have fun with him.

MR. CHICKEN
October 29th, 2017, 01:44 PM
...WE'LL GIVE YA'S...BACK.....HIS GAME BALL.......xprayx......BRAWK!

CHIP72
October 30th, 2017, 01:00 PM
FWIW, it looks like this game will be televised on Fox College Sports Atlantic (at least according to the listings on TVGuide.com).

JayMYou
October 30th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Richmond of course is the guy declaring himself the winner...

http://www.mma.tv/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/1-2.gif

Gangtackle11
November 3rd, 2017, 08:19 AM
https://www.vuhoops.com/2017/11/3/16601334/3-things-to-watch-vs-richmond

Gangtackle11
November 3rd, 2017, 10:22 AM
Villanova Game Notes:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/nova/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2017-18/release/release_20171103aaa.pdf

DTSpider
November 3rd, 2017, 06:59 PM
Been a long time since neither team entered this contest with much of any confidence.

Gangtackle11
November 3rd, 2017, 07:52 PM
I wish we had Lauletta.

flyrod
November 3rd, 2017, 08:31 PM
I wish we had Lauletta.
if you all had lauretta you would be very very dangerous !!!

caribbeanhen
November 4th, 2017, 07:05 AM
if you all had lauretta you would be very very dangerous !!!

Yeah but he'd only have two more games left in his college career

Schism55
November 4th, 2017, 02:39 PM
Nova forget to get off the bus?

CHIP72
November 4th, 2017, 02:43 PM
Nova forget to get off the bus?

More like Villanova isn’t very good this year, especially on offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gangtackle11
November 4th, 2017, 02:50 PM
I’d like someone to show me a worse offense in the FCS right now.

OC “Delaware” Sam Venuto must go.

Horrible just horrible.

CHIP72
November 4th, 2017, 03:16 PM

Horrible just horrible.

I can show you two - I’m at the Lafayette/Georgetown game. 😲

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 4th, 2017, 04:51 PM
Should I be feeling like the Spiders have turned some sort of corner or did Villanova bleed out on the table last week?

MR. CHICKEN
November 4th, 2017, 05:26 PM

Horrible just horrible.

......MAYBEAH.....YOUSE'R.......JES'...REALLY..... ..........MISSIN' ANDY.....:D:D:D.....BRAWK!

RootinFerDukes
November 4th, 2017, 06:43 PM

Horrible just horrible.

Look at the national scoring and total offense stats and that’ll tell the tale i’d say.

caribbeanhen
November 4th, 2017, 06:56 PM
All is not lost gang tackle. if we can be Albany next week you got a real chance to stick a dagger right through our gizzard

jmu007
November 4th, 2017, 07:47 PM
Should I be feeling like the Spiders have turned some sort of corner or did Villanova bleed out on the table last week?

We will find out this week.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 4th, 2017, 08:33 PM
We will find out this week.

Hot take.

Gangtackle11
November 4th, 2017, 09:12 PM
All is not lost gang tackle. if we can be Albany next week you got a real chance to stick a dagger right through our gizzard

My sense is the team has no confidence in this coaching staff. They hid behind all the injuries and blame the players. The staff has been exposed as mediocre. Losing Billy Crocker (UConn DC now) & Tony Trisciani (Elon DC) left a void on the defensive side & why Sam Venuto is still the OC is a head scratcher. His HS offense has been an embarrassment for 3 seasons running.

There is very little hunt left in this dog (actually Wildcats).

I think a loss at URI is a distinct possibility. Only a smelling salt reminder will have them ready to play the Blue Hens.

caribbeanhen
November 4th, 2017, 09:26 PM
All I know is when Tally finally retired, the state of Delaware sighed a collective sigh of relief

But despite all that nova always finds a way to be Delaware

Nova09
November 5th, 2017, 12:12 AM

Horrible just horrible.

Not currently fcs but our old friend Joe Moorhead in the 4th q looks like he's gunning for most inept offense award

vutomcat
November 6th, 2017, 07:43 AM
My sense is the team has no confidence in this coaching staff. They hid behind all the injuries and blame the players. The staff has been exposed as mediocre. Losing Billy Crocker (UConn DC now) & Tony Trisciani (Elon DC) left a void on the defensive side & why Sam Venuto is still the OC is a head scratcher. His HS offense has been an embarrassment for 3 seasons running.

There is very little hunt left in this dog (actually Wildcats).

I think a loss at URI is a distinct possibility. Only a smelling salt reminder will have them ready to play the Blue Hens.

Any of this based on information from the parents?

Venuto has had lots of success through the years. I agree the offense is putrid this year but the injuries are our reality. When you lose your starting QB and two starting receivers and running back on an FCS team, you are in deep trouble. In 2016 the offense produced 24.4 points per game and 378.8 yards of total offense per contest. I know they struggled against SDSU, Richmond and JMU and Pitt but I thought Zach had a couple of poor games in those contests.

I'm not telling you anything you don't know already but he was the OC when they won it all in 2009 and when the real Johhny football was ripping defenses apart just a few years ago. I think you might be a little hard on him given this years circumstances.

I didn't see this weeks game, but I will be in Kingston this weekend with the hope McCloskey can generate some kind of offense and pull out a victory. Go Cats!

MR. CHICKEN
November 6th, 2017, 07:50 AM
...YES WARD.....YER...UH LITTLE HARD ON DUH BEAVE.....ER.....'CAT'S................NOT LIKE YA'S GOT UH DAVE BROCK......O'....ANYTHIN'.........AWK!

DirtyDukes
November 6th, 2017, 08:11 AM
Hot take.

Hey! You coming up for the game? Would love to share a beer with ya.

Gangtackle11
November 6th, 2017, 08:14 AM
Any of this based on information from the parents?

Venuto has had lots of success through the years. I agree the offense is putrid this year but the injuries are our reality. When you lose your starting QB and two starting receivers and running back on an FCS team, you are in deep trouble. In 2016 the offense produced 24.4 points per game and 378.8 yards of total offense per contest. I know they struggled against SDSU, Richmond and JMU and Pitt but I thought Zach had a couple of poor games in those contests.

I'm not telling you anything you don't know already but he was the OC when they won it all in 2009 and when the real Johhny football was ripping defenses apart just a few years ago. I think you might be a little hard on him given this years circumstances.

I didn't see this weeks game, but I will be in Kingston this weekend with the hope McCloskey can generate some kind of offense and pull out a victory. Go Cats!

Maybe. I’m a longtime Villanova fan who can tell you who Mike Siani is. I’m not sure what the parents would think.

Ok. Maybe he can stay (not my call anyway) , but something needs to change. Last season we had zero significant injuries and were completely shut down by any playoff quality team.

Richmond was a dumpster fire defense until Saturday.

Imho Johnny Football was very special and hid the issues of a read option offense.

Maybe you are right, but how many seasons do we accept this type of offense?? Sure 26 ppg against 2 PL teams and several mediocre to bottom CAA teams pump the stats, but in the end this team misses the playoffs every other season since 2010. They don’t score against a defense that does more than say boo! Just not this injury filled season.

The few Villanova football fans should expect more.

I just think to sit and chalk it up to injury excuses is for a program not named Villanova.

Go Cats!!