PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League Week 8 2017

bonarae
October 29th, 2017, 05:06 AM
Yale has reopened the Ivy title race with their win over Columbia at home.

Brown at Yale
Harvard at Columbia
Princeton at Penn
Cornell at Dartmouth

Son of Eli
October 29th, 2017, 07:45 AM
Yale
Harvard
Princeton
Dartmouth

Go Green
October 29th, 2017, 09:42 AM

Cornell at Dartmouth

I had this penciled in as a gimmie for Dartmouth. Now I'm not so sure...

Ivytalk
October 29th, 2017, 11:38 AM
Yale
Harvard
Princeton
Dartmouth

bulldog10jw
October 29th, 2017, 05:37 PM
Yale - hope we aren't looking ahead
Harvard - no good reason
Princeton - but a Penn win would not surprise
Dartmouth - won't lose three in a row

World
October 30th, 2017, 12:50 PM
Brown at Yale
Harvard at Columbia
Princeton at Penn
Cornell at Dartmouth

Go Green
November 1st, 2017, 09:05 AM
I had this penciled in as a gimmie for Dartmouth. Now I'm not so sure...

I feel like an asshole for saying this, but Dartmouth's chances to win just got a lot higher with the news that Cornell's stud RB Chris Walker is out for the season.

http://cornellsun.com/2017/10/31/all-ivy-running-back-walker-to-miss-remainder-of-2017-season-part-of-2018/

bulldog10jw
November 1st, 2017, 10:32 AM
I feel like an asshole for saying this, but Dartmouth's chances to win just got a lot higher with the news that Cornell's stud RB Chris Walker is out for the season.

http://cornellsun.com/2017/10/31/all-ivy-running-back-walker-to-miss-remainder-of-2017-season-part-of-2018/

I feel bad for any kid that gets injured, but your statement is true.

Go Green
November 1st, 2017, 10:40 AM
I feel bad for any kid that gets injured, but your statement is true.

Going to be important for both of us for Harvard to beat Columbia Saturday. Because after the Crimson, the Lions only have the Big Red and Bears on the schedule.

Bluefish845
November 1st, 2017, 10:46 AM
Yale Columbia Princeton Dartmouth

Roll 'gate
November 1st, 2017, 03:41 PM
Brown @ Yale - Yale sees an opportunity for a league title and won't slip up
Harvard @ Columbia - Columbia rights the ship at that hiccup. Still a good team and Harvard nowhere near what it has been in past.
Princeton @ Penn - Feels like a pickem
Cornell @ Dartmouth - Lacking a stud RB hurts the big red and Dartmouth has a couple quality Ivy wins.

ngineer
November 1st, 2017, 08:22 PM

Brown at Yale
Harvard at Columbia
Princeton at Penn
Cornell at Dartmouth

Man, when was the last time Columbia beat Harvard?! No offense to Ivytalk, but Lions deserve to enjoy some sunshine.

bulldog10jw
November 4th, 2017, 02:47 PM
Harvard 21 Columbia 7 - early in the 4th
Dartmouth 7 Cornell 0 - end of 3
Penn 38 Princeton 35 - 1 minute left. Princeton ball.

bulldog10jw
November 4th, 2017, 02:51 PM
Harvard 21 Columbia 14 - 10 minutes left in the game

bulldog10jw
November 4th, 2017, 03:00 PM
Penn 38 Princeton 35 - final. Princeton misses a 30 yard FG with 7 seconds left.

CHIP72
November 4th, 2017, 03:07 PM
I’m not sure why everyone was picking Princeton on the road against Penn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bulldog10jw
November 4th, 2017, 03:09 PM
I’m not sure why everyone was picking Princeton on the road against Penn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think anybody realized how bad Princeton's defense has gotten.

bulldog10jw
November 4th, 2017, 03:17 PM
Dartmouth 10 Cornell 0 - 1 minute left in the game

bulldog10jw
November 4th, 2017, 03:24 PM
Dartmouth 10 Cornell 0 - final
Harvard 21 Columbia 14 - final

World
November 5th, 2017, 01:47 AM
Penn 38 Princeton 35 - final. Princeton misses a 30 yard FG with 7 seconds left.

Two consecutive games where Princeton loses by missing a FG in last 7-10 seconds...

Go...gate
November 5th, 2017, 01:51 AM
I understand that Princeton's missed field goal came after the officials blew a call which took a Tiger touchdown off the scoreboard and that the game should have ended Princeton 42, Pennsylvania 38. Did anybody see the controversial play?

Son of Eli
November 5th, 2017, 12:30 PM
I saw it. I thought it was the right call after seeing the replay once. It looked like when the receiver took possession of the ball his elbow was out of bounds on the turf. I’d like to see it again though to make sure. Ivy League really needs to initiate instant replay review.

bulldog10jw
November 5th, 2017, 12:35 PM
I understand that Princeton's missed field goal came after the officials blew a call which took a Tiger touchdown off the scoreboard and that the game should have ended Princeton 42, Pennsylvania 38. Did anybody see the controversial play?

I think the game was on SNY. If so, they usually replay the game the next day so if you get SNY you may be able to see it.

Son of Eli
November 5th, 2017, 03:48 PM
I think the game was on SNY. If so, they usually replay the game the next day so if you get SNY you may be able to see it.

I just watched it again on the SNY. I think it was a touchdown. However, there was no camera angle that showed exactly when the receiver regained possession. Since the ruling on the field from the back judge was that the receiver was bobbling the ball when he went out of bounds I think if the Ivy League had replay review it would have been ruled inconclusive and the call would have stood.

Go...gate
November 5th, 2017, 03:53 PM
I saw it. I thought it was the right call after seeing the replay once. It looked like when the receiver took possession of the ball his elbow was out of bounds on the turf. I’d like to see it again though to make sure. Ivy League really needs to initiate instant replay review.

I saw it and, IMO, it was a very close call.