PDA

View Full Version : JSU and EWU Announce Home and Home Series

JSUSoutherner
October 26th, 2017, 11:37 AM
https://twitter.com/cunningham_star/status/923587266957758464

Looking forward to it! Hopefully I'll be able to make a trip out of it.

Professor Chaos
October 26th, 2017, 11:42 AM
Awesome!

A lot of schools/fans say it but I don't think anyone backs it up like EWU when it comes to the "We'll play anyone anytime anywhere" mantra.

JSUSoutherner
October 26th, 2017, 11:44 AM
I'm just excited to get a great opponent into JSU stadium. The only good team we've had for a home game outside the playoffs since I've been here is Coastal.

mamberso
October 26th, 2017, 11:47 AM
Awesome matchup! So JSU's OOC schedule will include home games against EWU, UTC (they owe us 2), and Kennesaw State (they will owe us 1) in 2019? And I wouldn't be surprised to see North Alabama on the schedule by then.

JSUSoutherner
October 26th, 2017, 11:49 AM
Awesome matchup! So JSU's OOC schedule will include home games against EWU, UTC (they owe us 2), and Kennesaw State (they will owe us 1) in 2019? And I wouldn't be surprised to see North Alabama on the schedule by then.
I could be wrong, but I thought KSU's return trip was 2020?

Iridebikes
October 26th, 2017, 11:52 AM
This is great. Congrats to JSU and EWU for putting this together.

Reign of Terrier
October 26th, 2017, 11:53 AM
I wish Wofford would schedule like this. Easy wins against PC and your occasional NAIA team are cool, but the only quality OOC teams we've played ever have been Coastal ( a 3 point loss in 2006 which was a good one) and South Carolina State (who probably wasn't great when we played them...it's been over a decade). We've played Chuck South before, before they were good during the regular season.

I'd love to play a quality OVC/MVFC/Big Sky/CAA opponent but I don't think our athletic department has that ambition; we also wouldn't be as good of a $$$ for other teams.

McNeese75
October 26th, 2017, 11:56 AM
I wish Wofford would schedule like this. Easy wins against PC and your occasional NAIA team are cool, but the only quality OOC teams we've played ever have been Coastal ( a 3 point loss in 2006 which was a good one) and South Carolina State (who probably wasn't great when we played them...it's been over a decade). We've played Chuck South before, before they were good during the regular season.

I'd love to play a quality OVC/MVFC/Big Sky/CAA opponent but I don't think our athletic department has that ambition; we also wouldn't be as good of a $$$ for other teams.Nice addition to your future schedule

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
October 26th, 2017, 12:03 PM

I'd love to play a quality OVC/MVFC/Big Sky/CAA opponent but I don't think our athletic department has that ambition; we also wouldn't be as good of a $$$ for other teams.

I've been really impressed with what Greg Seitz and the department have been able to put together for our OOC scheduling. We've shown a real dedication over the past couple years to getting quality OOC opponents on the schedule (Granted UTC and FBS-Transition Liberty didn't live up to their billing, but that's 100% on them). It helps offset the OVC grind. Hopefully we can start to get some help on that side of the schedule from EIU and APSU.

But between the kickoff classic on ESPN, Coastal, the revived UNA series, our game in the new Braves stadium next year, the slew of facility upgrades over the past couple years, and this all I can say is hell of job is being done by our department.

dbackjon
October 26th, 2017, 12:05 PM
Great news for FCS -- love seeing these inter-sectional games.

one_armed_man
October 26th, 2017, 12:11 PM
Nice, it's bound to be a good show.

JSUSoutherner
October 26th, 2017, 12:12 PM
JSU release:

http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/news/2017/10/26/football-jsu-announces-non-conference-series-with-eastern-washington.aspx

EWU release:

http://www.goeags.com/news/2017/10/25/football-eagles-to-play-fellow-fcs-power-jacksonville-state-in-home-and-home-series.aspx

dgtw
October 26th, 2017, 12:15 PM
I could be wrong, but I thought KSU's return trip was 2020?

An article I found on the JSU website said they would be coming here, but that a date had not yet been set.

With Chattanooga and EWU at home in 2019, we'll only have one more game (unless it is a 12 game season) to fill and that would likely be an FBS game.

JSUSoutherner
October 26th, 2017, 12:18 PM
An article I found on the JSU website said they would be coming here, but that a date had not yet been set.

With Chattanooga and EWU at home in 2019, we'll only have one more game (unless it is a 12 game season) to fill and that would likely be an FBS game.

Comsidering we haven't heard anything about an FBS matchup for next year we might be having issues getting games with the FBS schools. Aren't we also on the kickoff contract through 2019 or is that done after next year?

JSUSoutherner
October 26th, 2017, 12:23 PM
Is it too early to start lobbying for College Gameday? :D

jmufan999
October 26th, 2017, 12:40 PM
Is it too early to start lobbying for College Gameday? :D

It's never too early. Looks like it would be Week... 3? That probably helps your case as I don't know if they do Gameday Week 0 and Week 1 will be a really high profile game.

dgtw
October 26th, 2017, 12:53 PM
Comsidering we haven't heard anything about an FBS matchup for next year we might be having issues getting games with the FBS schools. Aren't we also on the kickoff contract through 2019 or is that done after next year?

All I have heard about the kickoff series is that we are playing in it next year but I haven't heard who we are playing. There is a third game in the series for 2019 but I don't know who will be in it. (Hopefully not us).

I am not aware of any FBS games scheduled in the future.

BadlandsGrizFan
October 26th, 2017, 01:13 PM
My favorite home and home series we did was with App State...and also NDSU...

If we could play NDSU every year at alternating sites that would make my day.

Both teams are good for it..bot great venues..storied programs.....and unlike our little brothers....we wont buy out the game to protect our poll position.

CockyGeek
October 26th, 2017, 01:17 PM
This is exciting. I'm still upset about that playoff loss. We were on a roll and collapsed when the QB got hurt and EWU proceeded to steamroll us that last half.

jsualumnus
October 26th, 2017, 01:34 PM
I can't wait to have some EWU fans tailgate with us, and then me and my better half make the trip to Cheney. It's beautiful that time of year!

kdinva
October 26th, 2017, 01:46 PM
xnodx

Catbooster
October 26th, 2017, 01:59 PM
Congrats. Great to see scheduling like this.

WCU-Cats!
October 26th, 2017, 02:45 PM
this will be an entertaining series, east vs west, you don't see alot of that in fcs during regular season

Bison56
October 26th, 2017, 04:39 PM
EWU going for a softer OOC games.

NDSUpporter
October 26th, 2017, 05:00 PM
Definitely a compelling series. EWU is having a tougher season than they're used to, but I think they will have filled in some personnel gaps by the time they play JSU.

Grizalltheway
October 26th, 2017, 05:27 PM
Awesome!

A lot of schools/fans say it but I don't think anyone backs it up like EWU when it comes to the "We'll play anyone anytime anywhere" mantra.

We try to (at least in the Haslam era) but then those stupid Sun Belters screw us over and we get stuck with LolSavannahState.xsmhx

Schism55
October 26th, 2017, 05:27 PM
Hats off to both schools for getting this done.
Need more of these types of games in the FCS, gogo!

dbackjon
October 26th, 2017, 05:43 PM
We try to (at least in the Haslam era) but then those stupid Sun Belters screw us over and we get stuck with LolSavannahState.xsmhx

But Valpo was done all on your own...

JSUSoutherner
October 26th, 2017, 05:48 PM
EWU going for a softer OOC games.
Could be worse. They could be scheduling RMU and MVSU.

Grizalltheway
October 26th, 2017, 05:50 PM
But Valpo was done all on your own...

New Mexcio Highlands was busy that weekend.

dbackjon
October 26th, 2017, 05:58 PM
New Mexcio Highlands was busy that weekend.

NM Highlands is so 2016. Play two teams in the top 25 OOC, then get back to me, sweetheart.

Silenoz
October 26th, 2017, 06:05 PM
NM Highlands is so 2016. Play two teams in the top 25 OOC, then get back to me, sweetheart.
Yeah, and we play EWU every year. You don't.

But I digress

dbackjon
October 26th, 2017, 06:27 PM
Yeah, and we play EWU every year. You don't.

But I digress

We play Southern Utah yearly :)

And that is ending with addition of the Vandals

Grizalltheway
October 26th, 2017, 06:44 PM

And the year before, and the the year before...

dbackjon
October 26th, 2017, 06:52 PM
And the year before, and the the year before...
Four words:

Oklahoma Panhandle State University

And another four:

Mississippi Valley State University

ursus arctos horribilis
October 26th, 2017, 08:54 PM
This si very cool so congrats to the AD's and coaches that made this happen.

dewey
October 26th, 2017, 10:21 PM

We would be happy to beat down the Gamecocks in September but it is so much funner in January.

Seriously hate off to both schools for scheduling a great OOC FCS game.

EWU takes on anyone in a home and home deal.

Dewey

BisonTru
October 26th, 2017, 10:52 PM
Awesome matchup. Two programs that have proven they are national contenders and willing to go at it OOC.

Congrats!

JSUSoutherner
October 26th, 2017, 10:52 PM
We would be happy to beat down the Gamecocks in September but it is so much funner in January.

Seriously hate off to both schools for scheduling a great OOC FCS game.

EWU takes on anyone in a home and home deal.

Dewey
Have your AD hit up Seitz. I'm sure he'd be down.

TheKingpin28
October 27th, 2017, 06:38 AM
Have your AD hit up Seitz. I'm sure he'd be down.

According to our AD and others, when they see the 701 area code, especially a majority of FBS teams, they either ignore it or say they are not interested. It is a lot harder for NDSU to get a H-H than people think.

kalm
October 27th, 2017, 07:35 AM
Below is our OOC for the next four seasons. Love these matchups but no rest for the weary. Need go find some DII games to sprinkle in.

I'm not faulting scheduling weak OOC for the likes of Montana or NDSU. If we had the gate to do the same I'd be all for it. Conference play is tough enough. Just glad the committee and the computers recognize it.

2018 (3 non conf game year): @ WSU, NAU (not sure if home or away), need to add one more
2019 (4 non conf game year): @UW, @JSU, need to add 2 more, hopefully both home games
2020 (3 non conf game year): @ Florida, Home vs. Western Illinois, NAU (not sure home or away)
2021 (3 non conf game year): @ Western Illinois, Home vs. JSU, need to add one more, most likely FBS.

Bison56
October 27th, 2017, 08:33 AM

Your right, could play an OVC schedule.:D

In all seriousness its going to be a great game, looking forward to watching it.

dewey
October 27th, 2017, 09:29 AM
Below is our OOC for the next four seasons. Love these matchups but no rest for the weary. Need go find some DII games to sprinkle in.

I'm not faulting scheduling weak OOC for the likes of Montana or NDSU. If we had the gate to do the same I'd be all for it. Conference play is tough enough. Just glad the committee and the computers recognize it.

2018 (3 non conf game year): @ WSU, NAU (not sure if home or away), need to add one more
2019 (4 non conf game year): @UW, @JSU, need to add 2 more, hopefully both home games
2020 (3 non conf game year): @ Florida, Home vs. Western Illinois, NAU (not sure home or away)
2021 (3 non conf game year): @ Western Illinois, Home vs. JSU, need to add one more, most likely FBS.

I have got to give EWU credit they play a brutal OOC each season. <Hats off to you guys>

Dewey

Catbooster
October 27th, 2017, 09:38 AM

Do you guys usually only get 5 home games?
Does this mean that we play you in conference all of these years?

BadlandsGrizFan
October 27th, 2017, 09:52 AM
We play Southern Utah yearly :)

And that is ending with addition of the Vandals

Ahhh that time of year when NAU fans start getting cocky for some reason...

BadlandsGrizFan
October 27th, 2017, 09:54 AM
According to our AD and others, when they see the 701 area code, especially a majority of FBS teams, they either ignore it or say they are not interested. It is a lot harder for NDSU to get a H-H than people think.

Why dont you dial 406 instead than....just make sure its to Missoula and not Bozeman and you'll be fine.

Iridebikes
October 27th, 2017, 12:35 PM

Thanks for putting this together KALM. Going to have some great games to go to over the next couple of years. I appreciate Chaves (AD) and Best (and Baldwin) for being willing to spend the money and risk our record by scheduling top tier opponents for our non-conference schedule. GO EAGS!!!

kalm
October 27th, 2017, 03:32 PM
Thanks for putting this together KALM. Going to have some great games to go to over the next couple of years. I appreciate Chaves (AD) and Best (and Baldwin) for being willing to spend the money and risk our record by scheduling top tier opponents for our non-conference schedule. GO EAGS!!!

It was actually marceagfan5 on the Redzone that put it together.

TheKingpin28
October 27th, 2017, 04:02 PM
Why dont you dial 406 instead than....just make sure its to Missoula and not Bozeman and you'll be fine.

After what MSU did, I could see them becoming the "new" UND. I would love an every recruiting cycle with the Griz. For example.

2020: NDSU
2021: UM
2024: NDSU
2025: UM

etc...

Cocky
October 27th, 2017, 05:26 PM

Tell your AD to let me know if JSU doesn't answer or return his call. I can get someone on the phone for a home and home.

TheKingpin28
October 27th, 2017, 05:40 PM
Tell your AD to let me know if JSU doesn't answer or return his call. I can get someone on the phone for a home and home.

I have talked to Larsen once and it was when he came to visit the Panda Express I ran at NDSU. I doubt he'd even remember me if I decided to wear the old outfit again. xlolx