Catatonic
October 15th, 2017, 06:31 PM
All games Oct. 21, 2017

SLU at ACU
Lamar at SHSU
HBU at SFA
UCA at NWST
UIW at McNeese
While there have not been any real upsets closer than expected games over the past two weeks make picking a bit more of a challenge.

ACU
SHSU
HBU
UCA
McNeese

TheRevSFA
October 15th, 2017, 06:38 PM
SLU
lamar
sfa
uca
mcneese

bonarae
October 15th, 2017, 07:08 PM
ACU
SHSU
SFA
UCA
McNeese

BEAR
October 15th, 2017, 07:13 PM
While there have not been any real upsets closer than expected games over the past two weeks make picking a bit more of a challenge.

ACU
SHSU
HBU
UCA
McNeese

Amen. SFA has been playing much better the past two weeks. But the teams that have been holding the top spots have been just good enough to stay that way. I don't look forward to NWST this week. Our offense, especially on third and short, has been dismal. But our defense has kept us in our games. Gotta figure it out.

Wildcat1997
October 15th, 2017, 07:25 PM
All games Oct. 21, 2017

SLU at ACU
Lamar at SHSU
HBU at SFA
UCA at NWST
UIW at McNeeseACU
SHSU
SFA
UCA
McNeese

Catatonic
October 15th, 2017, 07:31 PM
Amen. SFA has been playing much better the past two weeks. But the teams that have been holding the top spots have been just good enough to stay that way. I don't look forward to NWST this week. Our offense, especially on third and short, has been dismal. But our defense has kept us in our games. Gotta figure it out.

And the Wildcats face a steadily improving SLU team that engineered the only true blow out last week against HBU. At least we get them at home.

BEAR
October 15th, 2017, 07:39 PM
Standings and playoff chances:

Team, Overall, SLC

Best chance to make it:
UCA 5-1, 4-0
Sam 5-1, 3-1
Mcneese 5-1, 3-1

Possibly make it:
Nicholls 5-2, 4-1

Tough road ahead:
SLU 4-3, 4-1: ACU,SHSU, McNeese, and Nicholls left.

5 loss teams, Out unless they win the conference and get the autobid.
ACU
SFA
NWST
UIW
HBU
Lamar

BEAR
October 15th, 2017, 08:02 PM
SLU at ACU
Lamar at SHSU
HBU at SFA
UCA at NWST
UIW at McNeese

cx500d
October 15th, 2017, 09:22 PM
SLU
SHSU
SFA
UCA
McNeese

Katfan
October 15th, 2017, 09:34 PM
SLU
SHSU
SFA
NWST
McNeese

McNeese75
October 15th, 2017, 09:54 PM
SLU at ACU
Lamar at SHSU
HBU at SFA
UCA at NWST
UIW at McNeese

BEAR
October 16th, 2017, 09:33 AM
SLC Remaining games for teams that have a chance to go to the playoffs: Let's assume SLC gets TWO. Is a third possible?

Possible playoff chances:
UCA: NWST 94%, McNeese 70%, Lamar 98%, IUW 97%, ACU 93%.
SHSU: Lamar 97%, SLU 68%, IUW 97%, ACU 85%, HBU 98%
McNeese: IUW 95%, UCA 30%, SLU 62%, NWST 87%, Lamar 94%
Nicholls: IUW 90%, HBU 96%, SFA 71%, SLU 52%
SLU: ACU 70%, SHSU 32%, Mcneese 38%, Nicholls 48%

The rest of the conference teams have 5 losses and are unlikely to see post season.

My thoughts for each team:

UCA: Has 5 division I wins and is 4-0 in conference. NWST played SHSU very tough so this road trip for the Bears will be a grind but they should survive that one. Next after that is McNeese at home. Unless the Bears get some offense going this one will come down to who has the ball last OR the Cowboys will come to Estes and exact revenge on the Bears. Can a defense be so good that the offense can't get anything going in practice? While its not the BEST defense in the nation, is it enough to hinder the current UCA offense? I've seen it happen in the JR/SR high level of play. Or is it play calling? Either way something is hindering the UCA offense on third down only allowing them 43% on the year. Yikes. Something has to change! Should get autobid or at large.

McNeese: The cowboys face a tough road trip to Conway where the Bears win nearly 90% of their games. Good thing there won't be a crowd there as deer season is officially open. It will be empty and quiet. If they survive a trip to Conway they have a strong SLU team followed by an NWST team that gave SHSU a scare. The schedule isn't easy for McNeese and winning out should put them at 10-1. Hard to deny them a spot.

SHSU: Are injuries piling up for the Bearkats? I don't see much of a problem winning out BUT there are a couple of bumps that might prove tough. SLU is hot and burning teams with their offense right now. What a change from the 0-3 start. SLU will be a tough game for the Bearkats. Next challenge will be HBU. The Huskies have no offense but a good defense. I think Sam will win that game but may leave them banged up for the playoffs. Could go 10-1 with their only loss to UCA. How can they be left out the playoffs?!

Nicholls: The Colonels should go 7-2 before heading into their games with SFA and SLU. The could drop either of those giving them an 8-3 record which will NOT likely be enough to get an at large spot. But what happens if they go 9-2??? Dilemma for the playoff committee!

SLU: Has the toughest schedule left among the playoff contenders. Favored only against ACU, they have SAM, McNeese, and Nicholls left. Already 3 losses might have them out of playoff contention unless they win the SLC but what a task. I don't see it happening but they are scoring BIG on opponents right now. Got to win out though. Isn't it amazing that they are least likely to get a playoff spot because of who they have left on their schedule now they are rolling? Early season losses hurt.

I know I probably screwed up my thoughts on the playoff thing so your input is welcomed! xlolx

Daytripper
October 16th, 2017, 09:45 AM
SLU at ACU - This will be close but ACU just isn't there yet...
Lamar at SHSU - This better not be close. NWST should be a wake up call..
HBU at SFA - Which SFA team shows up? They should break through, but who knows...
UCA at NWST - Upset special! I imagine the Demons are hungry for a win and pissed they blew the Sammy game.
UIW at McNeese​ - Should not be close.

BEAR
October 16th, 2017, 10:43 AM
SLU at ACU - This will be close but ACU just isn't there yet...
Lamar at SHSU - This better not be close. NWST should be a wake up call..
HBU at SFA - Which SFA team shows up? They should break through, but who knows...
UCA at NWST - Upset special! I imagine the Demons are hungry for a win and pissed they blew the Sammy game.
UIW at McNeese​ - Should not be close.

Yeah that NWST game has me worried. What a game they gave SHSU. I think we will squeak by on that one if the Demons play like they did against the Bearkats. HBU may give Sammy more than they want on defense but they are lacking any offense to assist. SFA wins that one.

McCowboys
October 16th, 2017, 10:56 AM
Yeah that NWST game has me worried. What a game they gave SHSU. I think we will squeak by on that one if the Demons play like they did against the Bearkats. HBU may give Sammy more than they want on defense but they are lacking any offense to assist. SFA wins that one.

The Demons started Holgorsen as QB. He left with an injury (or cramps). If he had stayed in, it might have been a different story. Do you know if Holgorsen was injured or just suffering cramps? Who will be the Demons QB? In the two games I have seen pieces of where Almon was the Demons QB (Nicholls and Sam Houston), I don't know how he should have ever been the starter. (Now I said this and when the Demons come to Lake Charles, he will play like an all-star.....)

Sammy94
October 16th, 2017, 12:34 PM
SLU at ACU
Lamar at SHSU
HBU at SFA
UCA at NWST
UIW at McNeese

Serpentor
October 16th, 2017, 02:59 PM
SLU at ACU - SLU seems to have their act together, ACU is still fighting, but can't turn the corner yet
Lamar at SHSU - But given how the last few games have gone, I'm not expecting a blowout, even at home
HBU at SFA - Two teams with good defenses and suspect offenses. SFA is slightly less suspect in this game
UCA at NWST - But by how much depends on whether or not NWST is still making adjustments to their offense
UIW at McNeese - I hope UIW enjoyed their win last week

BEAR
October 17th, 2017, 07:43 AM
Hey Kat fans, is PJ Hall hurt? I noticed on the SLC site he is only listed as playing in 4 games. The Kats team stats have dropped off since week 2/3. Are injuries playing that much of a role in your offense also? Noticed some of those stats falling too. Nate is a killa at receiving though. What a find. xbowx

Sammy94
October 17th, 2017, 07:50 AM
Hey Kat fans, is PJ Hall hurt? I noticed on the SLC site he is only listed as playing in 4 games. The Kats team stats have dropped off since week 2/3. Are injuries playing that much of a role in your offense also? Noticed some of those stats falling too. Nate is a killa at receiving though. What a find. xbowx

PJ was suspended for academic reasons the first 2 games. He is healthy and survived many chop blocks and complete tackles he had to deal with this weekend.

BNATION
October 17th, 2017, 01:43 PM
SLU
SHSU
SFA
NWST
Mcneese

All games Oct. 21, 2017

SLU at ACU
Lamar at SHSU
HBU at SFA
UCA at NWST
UIW at McNeese

BNATION
October 17th, 2017, 01:49 PM
On offense we have had N Stewart, Y Lewis, C Avery, and D Davis all fighting injuries this year. Hoping to get some guys healthy this week and get up early on Lamar for a change and let some of the big guys some rest.

BEAR
October 17th, 2017, 01:53 PM
On offense we have had N Stewart, Y Lewis, C Avery, and D Davis all fighting injuries this year. Hoping to get some guys healthy this week and get up early on Lamar for a change and let some of the big guys some rest.

I thought that might be the case when you only threw to Yedi like 4 times against us. Is Briscoe hurt too? He threw 3 or 4 passes right to our DBs (they dropped them) and a few more not even close to open receivers. He just looked off that night. With the games after ours your offense didn't look like it was last year yet you came in with MORE talent according to what I was reading here at the start of the year. I figured injuries were an issue.

BNATION
October 17th, 2017, 02:25 PM
You know I wish i knew more on Briscoe Bear, if he is hurt they are not saying anything about it. He has not been nearly as accurate this year and at times is giving me flashbacks to Jeremiah Johnson. His arm strength has not been a issue but it seems like he is less decisive and his throws have just been late instead of throwing receivers open, which last year I think he did as well as anyone in the country at any level.

I thought that might be the case when you only threw to Yedi like 4 times against us. Is Briscoe hurt too? He threw 3 or 4 passes right to our DBs (they dropped them) and a few more not even close to open receivers. He just looked off that night. With the games after ours your offense didn't look like it was last year yet you came in with MORE talent according to what I was reading here at the start of the year. I figured injuries were an issue.

BEAR
October 17th, 2017, 02:39 PM
You know I wish i knew more on Briscoe Bear, if he is hurt they are not saying anything about it. He has not been nearly as accurate this year and at times is giving me flashbacks to Jeremiah Johnson. His arm strength has not been a issue but it seems like he is less decisive and his throws have just been late instead of throwing receivers open, which last year I think he did as well as anyone in the country at any level.

That's exactly what I noticed in a couple of his games. Last year he would lead the receiver, for example, up the middle of the field and the receiver wouldn't lose a step toward the end zone. This year its like he's throwing at targets that are in set areas and defenses are figuring it out. Hope he gets it figured out because the SLC needs to rep itself in the playoffs...We have to figure out how to get past 3rd down and quit barely surviving teams. Looks like every SLC team has issues they need to sort out before the playoffs. xlolx

Katfan
October 17th, 2017, 08:01 PM
I don’t think Briscoe is hurt. I think we are having problem adjusting to a new system. The only game so far that out offense has clicked is the Nicholls game. If you watch the replays you’ll see issues with missed assignments like 2receivers in the area of the throw poor tangents or angles on the routes. Especially for backs out of the backfield. In addition we’ve made mistakes early which causes Briscoe to press and make throws he should not. There were several opportunities in our game with you where he could have run for 5to 10 yds instead he forced a throw. We are clearly not clicking yet but if when can get it sorted out on both sides of the ball, I think this team has a high ceiling

Wildcat1997
October 17th, 2017, 10:22 PM
What’s UCA fans opinion on UALR potentially getting a football team? In favor or not? Also to other Southland teams in general, do you think there is any possibility they join the SLC?

lionsrking2
October 17th, 2017, 10:30 PM
What’s UCA fans opinion on UALR potentially getting a football team? In favor or not? Also to other Southland teams in general, do you think there is any possibility they join the SLC?

Haven't given much thought to the UALR football possibility, but I assume they would eye the Sun Belt, of which they're already a member. Doubt seriously they would add football to move "down" in conference perception, but I have no issue with them joining the SLC. I'm sure UCA fans may not welcome it.

Wildcat1997
October 17th, 2017, 10:46 PM
Haven't given much thought to the UALR football possibility, but I assume they would eye the Sun Belt, of which they're already a member. Doubt seriously they would add football to move "down" in conference perception, but I have no issue with them joining the SLC. I'm sure UCA fans may not welcome it. A startup usually always starts at a lower level than what they would normally play at I’m pretty sure. So they could get their legs at the FCS level for 2 years and then move up to the FBS level.

lionsrking2
October 17th, 2017, 11:22 PM
Yes, but it would be a bad move to let them in the SLC on a temporary basis. They can play an Indy schedule like USA did. If they permanently move their entire athletic operation to the SLC, I wouldn't have an issue.

BEAR
October 18th, 2017, 07:09 AM

UCA plays ASU, UAPB, and UALR in just about every sport already. Adding football wouldn't add to anything for Little Rock. It would be more like the level of UAPB in terms of success but likely draw good crowds the first few years. After that the state media would ignore them just like they do UAPB, UCA, and ASU. All adding football to UALR would do is increase costs to UALR students. It's a basketball school anyway.

Serpentor
October 18th, 2017, 12:03 PM
They may have to get in line. UNO's been kicking around the idea of football team for the last decade or so, and since they're already in the SLC, I'm sure they'd get first dibs.

McCowboys
October 18th, 2017, 05:22 PM
A startup usually always starts at a lower level than what they would normally play at I’m pretty sure. So they could get their legs at the FCS level for 2 years and then move up to the FBS level.

I seriously doubt the SLC would allow that. When UTSA added football with the goal to move to FBS, the SLC did not let the football team play in the conference, even though their other sports continued to compete in the SLC until they left the conference.

SFA 93
October 19th, 2017, 06:55 AM
https://sfasawmill.com/s/279/fb-southland-conference-power-rankings---week-8/7

Sammy94
October 19th, 2017, 07:58 AM

Fake news... PJ is playing.

BEAR
October 19th, 2017, 08:41 AM

Yeah that game with McNeese will be big for UCA. The Cowboys are rolling. But even with a loss to them UCA will still only have ONE conference loss to that point. I don't expect the Cowboys to be an easy game at all even at Estes. But every game is a big one when you are on top. I think coach Campbell has let the players know that after the SFA game. The Bears aren't overlooking ANYONE.....EVER.

Serpentor
October 19th, 2017, 09:43 AM
Fake news... PJ is playing.

I'm guessing they copied and pasted from an earlier posting and forgot to remove that sentence.

BEAR
October 20th, 2017, 07:55 AM
Alright SLC fans....Friday checkin....any injuries or suspensions for this weekend?

Anyone going to their game? I won't make it to UCA at NWST this weekend as I have out of town guests staying with us. Sure will miss those meat pies and that beautiful river walk there in Demon land. Was a nice trip a couple of years ago. But I will be watching all the games in the SLC on ESPN3 or on TV.

http://www.alotofrecipes.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/441/2015/03/Natchitoches-Meat-Pies.jpg

McNeese75
October 20th, 2017, 09:00 AM
Lasyone's Meat Pie Kitchen - Pretty good stuff xthumbsupx

BEAR
October 20th, 2017, 09:06 AM

xthumbsupx

http://lasyones.com/wp-content/gallery/photo-gallery/dsc_0147.jpg

SFA 93
October 20th, 2017, 02:29 PM
My game plan backyard cooking with the game on.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMmmlwAUMAERw1X.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMmmlwCUMAEc3zX.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMd1hqSUEAA0snQ.jpg

BEAR
October 20th, 2017, 03:40 PM
Now that's good cookin' 93!!!

BEAR
October 20th, 2017, 03:46 PM
Anyone just listen to their game on the radio and tailgate in the backyard?! There's just something about radio calls that I love to listen to....

McNeese75
October 20th, 2017, 04:04 PM
I will be at a %$#$% wedding when the Cowboys come to Conway next week. I will however resemble a secret service agent with my earpiece in and the radiopup app going or ESPN3 :D

FormerPokeCenter
October 20th, 2017, 06:34 PM

Lasyone's is good...but The French Market Gas station, out on Hwy 6 isn't a slouch, either....and the pastries at the French Market are pretty good...

Serpentor
October 20th, 2017, 06:37 PM
I will be at a %$#$% wedding when the Cowboys come to Conway next week. I will however resemble a secret service agent with my earpiece in and the radiopup app going or ESPN3 :D

Marriage is temporary. Football is forever.

cx500d
October 20th, 2017, 08:15 PM

Tell me about it. Currently shedding my -2 model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catatonic
October 20th, 2017, 08:23 PM

They get this in Spanish. In Espanol the verbs ser and estar both mean to be. Ser is used to describe a condition which is permanent or unchangeable and estar is used when the condition is temporary.

One’s marital condition is described using the temporary verb estar- estoy Casado (I am married....at least for the moment ).

One’s football (or soccer) team is described using more permanent or unchangeable verb ser-soy de ACU (I am Forever and always a fan of ACU, Amen).

Spouses come and go but your football team is your football team.

SFA 93
October 20th, 2017, 09:04 PM
My parents have been married for over 50 years.

McNeese75
October 20th, 2017, 10:34 PM
My parents have been married for over 50 years.Well it's not MY marriage, lol. My 31st anniversary is next week

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

alvin.kmiec
October 20th, 2017, 10:34 PM

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SFA 93
October 21st, 2017, 12:10 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26336&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26337&stc=1

BEAR
October 21st, 2017, 05:46 PM
Paid the $7 for Demon tv. Hope this thing is better than espn3.

BEAR
October 21st, 2017, 06:46 PM
UCA vs NWST in a lightning delay.

Is McNeese in one too?

Serpentor
October 21st, 2017, 07:24 PM
UCA vs NWST in a lightning delay.

Is McNeese in one too?

How far did you make it into the game before the delay?

BEAR
October 21st, 2017, 08:35 PM
How far did you make it into the game before the delay?

6 minutes.

Game on again.

What is wrong with our offense? Inept. Drives in the redzone and we can't score. Geez.

BEAR
October 21st, 2017, 08:46 PM
Patrick Ponder just kicked a 78 yard punt. Wow!

Our offense can't get it going. We can easily lose this one.

BEAR
October 21st, 2017, 08:54 PM
17-10 UCA

UCA WR Roman Gordon has 3 catches for 138 yards and 2 TDs.

Roman gets 34 more...

BEAR
October 21st, 2017, 09:00 PM
24-10 UCA halftime.

McNeese75
October 21st, 2017, 10:27 PM
McNeese tied a conference and NCAA record tonight with 4 picks returned for TD's.

McNeese72
October 21st, 2017, 11:21 PM
McNeese tied a conference and NCAA record tonight with 4 picks returned for TD's.

McNeese defense had more yardage in interception returns (5 for 160 yards and 4 TD's) than UIW had total yards on offense. (149). Unreal!!!

But the McNeese offense better get it in gear or UCA is going hand our asses to us.

Doc