PDA

View Full Version : #2 North Dakota State @ #7 Youngstown St

Pages : [1] 2 3

BisonTru
October 9th, 2017, 02:16 PM
Quite possibly the two best defenses in the country. Might have to go with a BigRed prediction.

NDSU 4-2 2OTs

70MilesFromCanada
October 9th, 2017, 02:28 PM
Quite possibly the two best defenses in the country. Might have to go with a BigRed prediction.

NDSU 4-2 2OTs

I think most Bison backers are not expecting to go undefeated. Thinking this is the one that gets away. 'Guins are due to win a close one.

Reign of Terrier
October 9th, 2017, 03:07 PM
From an outside observer standpoint, NDSU has played a relatively light schedule thus far apart from an impressive win against EWU. In that way, you could say that NDSU has done all they can...blow out everyone in their wake. YSU looks impressive in spite of two losses to good football teams.

Should be a good game either way. I don't know who to pick. The style of play for both teams (and the MVFC in general) is for close games, and though YSU may be less "rusty" having played better opponents the last couple of weeks, NDSU is still NDSU.

This is the *real* game of the week in my opinion. Gameday should have come to this one.

Paladin1aa
October 9th, 2017, 03:45 PM
Two things happened last Saturday to YSU -- their D got exposed and the QB situation was on full display. Both were part of my evaluation at projecting them to finish 7-4 (and maybe worse if injuries occur) in preseason.

NDSU is who they are. I don't think this game is in doubt. Bison

TheKingpin28
October 9th, 2017, 03:52 PM
From an outside observer standpoint, NDSU has played a relatively light schedule thus far apart from an impressive win against EWU. In that way, you could say that NDSU has done all they can...blow out everyone in their wake. YSU looks impressive in spite of two losses to good football teams.

Should be a good game either way. I don't know who to pick. The style of play for both teams (and the MVFC in general) is for close games, and though YSU may be less "rusty" having played better opponents the last couple of weeks, NDSU is still NDSU.

This is the *real* game of the week in my opinion. Gameday should have come to this one.

Had YSU won, they said they would have gone here since it would have been 2 top 3 teams going at it.

WestCoastAggie
October 9th, 2017, 03:54 PM
Youngstown needs the win WAY MORE than the Bison

Professor Chaos
October 9th, 2017, 03:57 PM
Had YSU won, they said they would have gone here since it would have been 2 top 3 teams going at it.
That's fine with me... now they won't give the rapist recruiter an interview on the Gameday set.

Consequently, this is the 2nd time in 4 years that YSU pissed away a Gameday opportunity with NDSU coming to town. Going into the weekend of 11/9 in 2013 YSU was 8-1 (only loss was to Michigan St) and NDSU was 9-0. YSU lost by 2 at UNI that weekend and NDSU won but had they both won Lee Fitting said that Gameday would've been there on 11/16/13.

centennial
October 9th, 2017, 04:01 PM
NDSU wins this one 28-10.

Bo blows up on the sideline as is tradition.

Having watched a bunch of games from both teams
- Easton Stick and Streveler are similar QB's. Stick is a better runner and thrower. Streveler takes more risks. YSU will struggle to stop Stick. I've been seeing him make changes at the line like Wentz.

- YSU offensive play calling is suspect. NDSU is significantly better vs last year.

- YSU QB can be a liability. If YSU can get a better QB they would be harder to beat.

Overall talent also favors NDSU. If you stop the RB's stick will kill you. Defense is stifling. All games NDSU had played they could've run up 80 points, probably only 60 vs EWU. So the real question is does NDSU keep passing the eye test? The look the best team in the FCS to me.

Schism55
October 9th, 2017, 04:14 PM
Centennial and Paladin both on the nose here.
Cmon 5Dimes, get the lines up already. Some benjamins in my wallet aching to be on the line xthumbsupx

dewey
October 9th, 2017, 04:17 PM
Two things happened last Saturday to YSU -- their D got exposed and the QB situation was on full display. Both were part of my evaluation at projecting them to finish 7-4 (and maybe worse if injuries occur) in preseason.

NDSU is who they are. I don't think this game is in doubt. Bison

What is the deal with the QB situation? Is someone injured? Wasn't Wells the stud through the playoffs last year?

This should be a good slobber knocker.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
October 9th, 2017, 04:25 PM
NDSU wins this one 28-10.

Bo blows up on the sideline as is tradition.

Having watched a bunch of games from both teams
- Easton Stick and Streveler are similar QB's. Stick is a better runner and thrower. Streveler takes more risks. YSU will struggle to stop Stick. I've been seeing him make changes at the line like Wentz.

- YSU offensive play calling is suspect. NDSU is significantly better vs last year.

- YSU QB can be a liability. If YSU can get a better QB they would be harder to beat.

Overall talent also favors NDSU. If you stop the RB's stick will kill you. Defense is stifling. All games NDSU had played they could've run up 80 points, probably only 60 vs EWU. So the real question is does NDSU keep passing the eye test? The look the best team in the FCS to me.
One thing YSU's QB can do fairly well is run and NDSU was gashed a bit by Missouri St's QB who is similar (can't throw downfield but is a decent runner). Hopefully adjustments are made or the gameplan is more geared to stop the QB run against YSU. NDSU also needs to tackle better than they did last week. However, I'm pretty sure the NDSU players are aware of that and the coaches are going to hammer that all week (they could just show them @RossUglem's twitter feed). I like your score prediction but I think it'll be closer than the score indicates since possessions will be limited in this game due to the ball control style of both offenses. NDSU pulls away late to win by 3 scores.

IBleedYellow
October 9th, 2017, 04:26 PM
Here's my take:

What do you do with NDSU's offense? If you stack the box Stick will kill you - he's proven that he's stepped up his game.

If you don't stack the box you get gushed by NDSU - who also can run outside quite well also.

I'm not worried about NDSU defense. They are who they are.

This comes down to NDSU's offense. Can they move the chains like they need to?

To steal Ross Uglem's words here from NDSU Scout (https://scout.com/college/north-dakota-state/Article/Upon-Film-Review-NDSU-vs-ISUb-108683441):
I keep belaboring the point, but Easton Stick is really, really good. Not only are his statistics electric, he’s going about his business in a way that makes them sustainable. His mastery of NDSU’s offense in his fourth year in the Bison offense has unlocked his ability to make adjustments at the line of scrimmage based on what he’s seeing from the defense, and that’s made all the difference in the world. Stick and offensive coordinator Courtney Messingham are consistently getting the Bison into advantageous play calls. Stick is using his eyes extremely well. He’s consistently moving defenders out of his throwing lanes before letting it fly. His touch on the deep ball has been exceptional.

centennial
October 9th, 2017, 05:18 PM
One thing YSU's QB can do fairly well is run and NDSU was gashed a bit by Missouri St's QB who is similar (can't throw downfield but is a decent runner). Hopefully adjustments are made or the gameplan is more geared to stop the QB run against YSU. NDSU also needs to tackle better than they did last week. However, I'm pretty sure the NDSU players are aware of that and the coaches are going to hammer that all week (they could just show them @RossUglem's twitter feed). I like your score prediction but I think it'll be closer than the score indicates since possessions will be limited in this game due to the ball control style of both offenses. NDSU pulls away late to win by 3 scores.

We'll have to put a spy on the YSU QB. Also consider that Stick has basically only played 3 games. We've been pulling him away in every game including EWU. He could've easily been 1200 yards instead of 800 with 15 TD's instead of 10. Because of this it's hard to call him the best QB in the FCS. However, he is starting to look as good as Brock Jensen in his last at year. I think this game is a coming out party for NDSU 2017. How good is the team really? I've been watching a lot of FBS ball, and I haven't seen many QB's that Stick would not beat as a starter.

POD Knows
October 9th, 2017, 05:30 PM
We'll have to put a spy on the YSU QB. Also consider that Stick has basically only played 3 games. We've been pulling him away in every game including EWU. He could've easily been 1200 yards instead of 800 with 15 TD's instead of 10. Because of this it's hard to call him the best QB in the FCS. However, he is starting to look as good as Brock Jensen in his last at year. I think this game is a coming out party for NDSU 2017. How good is the team really? I've been watching a lot of FBS ball, and I haven't seen many QB's that Stick would not beat as a starter.Stick is a better runner and has a better arm than Jensen did, all Jensen did was win football games. Stick has looked great this year so far.

TheKingpin28
October 9th, 2017, 05:32 PM
Stick is a better runner and has a better arm than Jensen did, all Jensen did was win football games. Stick has looked great this year so far.

It's as if he found his 2015 mojo and the groove that he had back as a RFr. If he keeps this train rolling, I would hate to have to be the LB that has to spy him all game. When he is good, it prevents teams from sending 7-9 in the box and opens up Dunn and Bruuuuuce.

Penguin Nation
October 9th, 2017, 05:59 PM
NDSU 34-24.

RMU is their only common opponent so far, and NDSU dominated them much more than YSU. NDSU scored more points in Q1 than YSU all game. RMU was held to 13 yards passing, and had only one more completion than picks. This one could get out of hand, especially if Rapist Recruiter has another meltdown.

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 9th, 2017, 06:07 PM
NDSU will win by more than 24 points

POD Knows
October 9th, 2017, 06:12 PM
Youngstown is a tough place to play, first one to 20 wins.

JSUSoutherner
October 9th, 2017, 06:22 PM
If the Bison are going to lose one it's gonna be this weekend. If Youngstown can play similar to how they played SDSU they are gonna have a good day.

The trick for YSU will be holding the ball.

centennial
October 9th, 2017, 06:25 PM
It's as if he found his 2015 mojo and the groove that he had back as a RFr. If he keeps this train rolling, I would hate to have to be the LB that has to spy him all game. When he is good, it prevents teams from sending 7-9 in the box and opens up Dunn and Bruuuuuce.

He was never this good in 2015. He was mostly doing 2 reads, mostly half field. Other receivers were for show. Neither was he changing runs away from pressure. I just cannot believe how good he is looking. Like I said I watch a lot of college ball, and I am not seeing many guys like him. If he keeps this up look he might even go to the next level.

Professor Chaos
October 9th, 2017, 07:05 PM
It's also worth noting that NDSU has won their last 11 road games and YSU has won their last 11 home games (last loss was NDSU in 2015). One of those streaks is coming to an end.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 9th, 2017, 07:34 PM
I've had this game circled since the start of the year! I was hoping the stars would align and I could go but work got in the way. I'm really hoping the 'Guins can pull off the upset! I want to get out there for a game!!

Winterborn
October 9th, 2017, 07:44 PM
If the Bison are going to lose one it's gonna be this weekend. If Youngstown can play similar to how they played SDSU they are gonna have a good day.

The trick for YSU will be holding the ball.

And for both Pelini's to keep their tempers under control.

TheKingpin28
October 9th, 2017, 07:47 PM
He was never this good in 2015. He was mostly doing 2 reads, mostly half field. Other receivers were for show. Neither was he changing runs away from pressure. I just cannot believe how good he is looking. Like I said I watch a lot of college ball, and I am not seeing many guys like him. If he keeps this up look he might even go to the next level.

Never said he was that good in 2015, just that he had mojo and a groove. He is finding his groove back that was missing last year. Also, IMO, it helps that he has an OC who puts him in a position to win, something that Polasek had no problem screwing with. Yeah, I will be the first to admit I was a Polasek hater, but I think Messingham is taking that Big Sky offense and melding it with smashmouth Valley football to open up the boxes and re-intergrate the TEs in Jumbo and Pro-Set packages.

TheKingpin28
October 9th, 2017, 07:50 PM
And for both Pelini's to keep their tempers under control.

We need more of this (especially the athletic assistant)

http://media.spokesman.com/photos/2016/12/14/3.BoPelini__t1200.jpg?298603a24e8d51915fce203907ff 2746e482a5a6

http://binaryapi.ap.org/b3a56440034b406a98c3b73521840d2e/460x.jpg

http://vindy.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2015/11/14/dwd_4681a_t625.jpg?7bf89ecc353d9147b6b4cfd3048cedf 379d10738

and less of this

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/451038023791038464/wG6l0e_5_400x400.jpeg

Winterborn
October 9th, 2017, 08:18 PM
Though I will say he is entertaining. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ool4HGJqmWg

Thumper 76
October 9th, 2017, 08:39 PM
Excited to see NDSU have to play a decent team. Should be a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
October 9th, 2017, 08:42 PM
Excited to see NDSU have to play a decent team. Should be a good one.

inb4eaglesfansshowupandsaySOS

centennial
October 9th, 2017, 08:50 PM
Never said he was that good in 2015, just that he had mojo and a groove. He is finding his groove back that was missing last year. Also, IMO, it helps that he has an OC who puts him in a position to win, something that Polasek had no problem screwing with. Yeah, I will be the first to admit I was a Polasek hater, but I think Messingham is taking that Big Sky offense and melding it with smashmouth Valley football to open up the boxes and re-intergrate the TEs in Jumbo and Pro-Set packages.

Polasek was a melding of NIU and Bohl era NDSU. Messingham IMO is using better plays. We are still a NFL like offense, just with different sets. Just because NDSU has some spread formations doesn't actually make us spread. I think the biggest thing is the ability to take what teams will give you, coach P wasn't that great at it. His bad play calling lost us the semi final game vs JMU last year. Messingham seems better at taking what other teams will give you, I have heard Coach Klieman saying the same thing.

TheKingpin28
October 9th, 2017, 08:57 PM
Polasek was a melding of NIU and Bohl era NDSU. Messingham IMO is using better plays. We are still a NFL like offense, just with different sets. Just because NDSU has some spread formations doesn't actually make us spread. I think the biggest thing is the ability to take what teams will give you, coach P wasn't that great at it. His bad play calling lost us the semi final game vs JMU last year. Messingham seems better at taking what other teams will give you, I have heard Coach Klieman saying the same thing.

This is one reason why I have yet to question the offense. Usually, during the Polasek era, the Bison would run power A gap until the defense was gassed, and then change it up and get the offense out of rhythm, and we would shake our heads wondering what was going on and why he would do that. That said, the teams they have played are mediocre-to bad-to awful, outside of maybe EWU, but in the EWU game specific, he ran the ball knowing they could not stop it and then found a way to work TE seams and hot routes, and then when the box opened up again, power A gap and power I sets.

centennial
October 9th, 2017, 09:06 PM
This is one reason why I have yet to question the offense. Usually, during the Polasek era, the Bison would run power A gap until the defense was gassed, and then change it up and get the offense out of rhythm, and we would shake our heads wondering what was going on and why he would do that. That said, the teams they have played are mediocre-to bad-to awful, outside of maybe EWU, but in the EWU game specific, he ran the ball knowing they could not stop it and then found a way to work TE seams and hot routes, and then when the box opened up again, power A gap and power I sets.
When Carson was getting drafted NDSU did get some praise from coaches across the NFL for play design. Polasek designed some really nice plays. His play selection was iffy. He went from good in one game, to mediocre in the next, but every now and then he would totally blow it. Teams will stack the box and play man against us. All out recent losses come from doing this. It's up to the coaches to fight against it. Power can also work with all little misdirection involved. The big thing is especially the MVFC evolved. We took the UNI idea of linemen and beat them at their own game with strength and conditioning. Now the rest of the conference has caught up, and we aren't as imposing running A-gap. At least not to the point where you know what's coming all the time. I think we have nicely evolved.

semobison
October 9th, 2017, 09:11 PM

Yes, Stick has looked great but let's not get carried away. You have to consider the defenses he has been shredding. I hope you are right but get back to me on this in two or three weeks!

centennial
October 9th, 2017, 09:14 PM
Yes, Stick has looked great but let's not get carried away. You have to consider the defenses he has been shredding. I hope you are right but get back to me on this in two or three weeks!

It will be a big test this week. YSU is desperate. And 2 top 5 losses still leaves them 3-3 and probably the last team picked up from MVFC. I agree, let's see what happens.

Longhorn
October 9th, 2017, 09:56 PM
His bad play calling lost us the semi final game vs JMU last year.

Oh really? I guess I was watching another game, because it looked like JMU just flat out beat your team.

Bisonoline
October 9th, 2017, 10:04 PM

It didnt seem like coach P had a feel for the game as it was in play. he couldnt get his head out of his down and distance play chart. Trying to run the jet sweep and up the middle numerous times as time was running out was the most idiotic play calling Ive ever seen except for his play calling at the end of the Montana game. I still cant believe what I witnessed.

Bisonoline
October 9th, 2017, 10:05 PM
Oh really? I guess I was watching another game, because it looked like JMU just flat out beat your team.

When did you stop being an NDSU fan? xlolx

centennial
October 9th, 2017, 10:24 PM

Did I ever argue that we lost? Our OC did not help the situation. We had a good chance of taking over that game late. Did NDSU lose 50-0? NDSU lost by 10. The game was tied in the 3rd, and NDSU had the ball and pissed it away. BTW that's what would happen it UT decides to play NDSU in Austin.

Longhorn
October 9th, 2017, 10:48 PM
Did I ever argue that we lost? Our OC did not help the situation. We had a good chance of taking over that game late. Did NDSU lose 50-0? NDSU lost by 10. The game was tied in the 3rd, and NDSU had the ball and pissed it away. BTW that's what would happen it UT decides to play NDSU in Austin.

NDSU got beat in the Semis last year, convincingly, but go ahead and try and rewrite the game in your head. The better team won, and really, it's ok to admit it.

Ask your hypothetical question again should NDSU ever get on UT's schedule.

The Yo Show
October 9th, 2017, 11:05 PM
What is the deal with the QB situation? Is someone injured? Wasn't Wells the stud through the playoffs last year?

This should be a good slobber knocker.

Dewey

Wells got injured early in the season (second game against RMU), and I believe it was on the first YSU offensive possession and he took a clean hit and landed on his throwing shoulder which caused a separated shoulder. That had a big impact on how many points YSU scored, as in the first half YSU may have scored in the redzone but it was almost all field goals if I remember. So could partly be why the Bison beat RMU much more. Not saying the Bison aren't more talented, just offering a bit of perspective as well for justification (could very well not be the reason). Couldn't seem to actually punch it in for a TD when we got in the redzone with the backup QB that week (Nathan mays). I know others will ding me for this, and it is nothing against Mays, but honestly had YSU not been playing the backup sophomore QB, and Wells was... well xlolx, then I think YSU would have won against USD. Should have still won, and playcalling at the end blew it IMO (NOT TO TAKE ANYTHING away from USD that is a good team and they did win). Anyway, Wells had gotten better and reinjured that same shoulder in the first possession (seeing a cursed pattern here) for the YSU offense against South Dakota State again after taking a clean hit and landing on it. He rolled out on the play it happened and managed to throw the ball away right before he got hit at least. Apparently, he will be out for another four weeks (this week is included in that four week projection so he would be back for the Indiana State game potentially on November 4th).

Would like to have had Wells back for this game too, but we definitely wont. I think this is going to be a tall task. As a fan, I have to hope we have a good showing, but I also know that looking at this, our chances are definitely worse than they could have been. Oh well, gotta play with the team you have. On another injury note, I've heard that we had some offensive linemen injuries in the USD game. If true, will really not bode well for this week.

The Yo Show
October 9th, 2017, 11:08 PM
Oh and on the college gameday being pissed away again, I am sad that didn't occur, but Barstool is still coming to YSU this week.

dewey
October 9th, 2017, 11:10 PM
Wells got injured early in the season (second game against RMU), and I believe it was on the first YSU offensive possession and he took a clean hit and landed on his throwing shoulder which caused a separated shoulder. That had a big impact on how many points YSU scored, as in the first half YSU may have scored in the redzone but it was almost all field goals if I remember. So could partly be why the Bison beat RMU much more. Not saying the Bison aren't more talented, just offering a bit of perspective as well for justification (could very well not be the reason). Couldn't seem to actually punch it in for a TD when we got in the redzone with the backup QB that week (Nathan mays). I know others will ding me for this, and it is nothing against Mays, but honestly had YSU not been playing the backup sophomore QB, and Wells was... well xlolx, then I think YSU would have won against USD. Should have still won, and playcalling at the end blew it IMO (NOT TO TAKE ANYTHING away from USD that is a good team and they did win). Anyway, Wells had gotten better and reinjured that same shoulder in the first possession (seeing a cursed pattern here) for the YSU offense against South Dakota State again after taking a clean hit and landing on it. He rolled out on the play it happened and managed to throw the ball away right before he got hit at least. Apparently, he will be out for another four weeks (this week is included in that four week projection so he would be back for the Indiana State game potentially on November 4th).

Would like to have had Wells back for this game too, but we definitely wont. I think this is going to be a tall task. As a fan, I have to hope we have a good showing, but I also know that looking at this, our chances are definitely worse than they could have been. Oh well, gotta play with the team you have. On another injury note, I've heard that we had some offensive linemen injuries in the USD game. If true, will really not bode well for this week.

Thanks for the great informational post. That sucks about Wells. With a healthy Wells I could easily believe that YSU could have, should have won that game.

Hopefully Wells can comeback and stay healthy to help the Penguins make another playoff march (as long as it doesn't end NDSU's season).

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Schism55
October 10th, 2017, 12:13 AM
5Dimes has NDSU as a 6 point favorite.
I am overjoyed it is under 7, excuse me while I kiss the sky :D
Max bet gogo!!

CockyGeek
October 10th, 2017, 06:27 AM
I hope both teams lose due to some arcane rule.

Southern Bison
October 10th, 2017, 07:13 AM
Oh and on the college gameday being pissed away again, I am sad that didn't occur, but Barstool is still coming to YSU this week.Incorrect Yo. Oklahoma lost (they were 1st choice) putting Bison/Guins game front & center til YSU **** the bed in Vermilion.

Jaworski & Wentz were lined up as the guest pickers. Porta-jons & add'l logistics were all set.

JMU was 3rd on the original pecking order.

KPSUL
October 10th, 2017, 08:44 AM
Incorrect Yo. Oklahoma lost (they were 1st choice) putting Bison/Guins game front & center til YSU **** the bed in Vermilion.

Jaworski & Wentz were lined up as the guest pickers. Porta-jons & add'l logistics were all set.

They should give Howie Long and Charles Haley a call; those guys surely played against one another in the NFL.

Southern Bison
October 10th, 2017, 08:46 AM
They should give Howie Long and Charles Haley a call; those guys surely played against one another in the NFL.I don't know who the guest picker will be now that CGD is at JMU.

Bisonator
October 10th, 2017, 09:21 AM
Gonna be a slobber knocker, big boy FB on Saturday. Don't forget your mouth guard and chin strap!:D

Hope Bo brings his cat. xlolx
https://huskercorner.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/147/files/2014/04/IMG_0041_zpsc7bbb91d.jpg

CockyGeek
October 10th, 2017, 10:35 AM
That is ameowzing.

BisonTru
October 10th, 2017, 12:13 PM
That is ameowzing.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/2TxKd8-drr0/maxresdefault.jpg

BisonTru
October 10th, 2017, 01:53 PM
Brock Jensen was not very good his last season. He did win alot.

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics6/400/ZD/ZDZSIOVXFUEOJQO.20080123201417.jpg

Thumper 76
October 10th, 2017, 02:49 PM
That is ameowzing.
https://media.giphy.com/media/V4CuzQpJDrylG/giphy.gif

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/2TxKd8-drr0/maxresdefault.jpg

https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-20-2015/1sTGCA.gif

The Yo Show
October 10th, 2017, 03:25 PM
Incorrect Yo. Oklahoma lost (they were 1st choice) putting Bison/Guins game front & center til YSU **** the bed in Vermilion.

If youre commenting that I was incorrect regarding ESPN college gameday, I may not have been clear in my original post. I agree with you that oklahoma was going to get it but lost so they didn't. After they did we were going to get it, but then we lost to USD so it went to JMU. But, I am correct that Barstool tailgate show is still coming to YSU.

CockyGeek
October 10th, 2017, 03:55 PM
I've never noticed, but Bo Pelini always looks like he just died and somebody propped him up for one last picture.

BisonTru
October 10th, 2017, 04:07 PM
I've never noticed, but Bo Pelini always looks like he just died and somebody propped him up for one last picture.

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/omaha.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/6/79/679e8152-6f4e-11e4-b823-73a15bd7cb77/546b8c196f4f1.image.jpg

Hammerhead
October 10th, 2017, 04:21 PM
I'm looking forward to this game. Last year the Bison started with overtime and last-second wins. All games this year have been yawners so far.

dewey
October 10th, 2017, 05:11 PM
All games this year have been yawners so far.

I hope NDSU wins every game by 17 or more. That would be wonderful! Classic games are great...unless you are on the losing end then they're not so great.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 10th, 2017, 05:22 PM
I'm looking forward to this game. Last year the Bison started with overtime and last-second wins. All games this year have been yawners so far.

I want NDSU to beat the crap out of everyone. Saturday's game was awesome in the bleachers.

caribbeanhen
October 10th, 2017, 05:33 PM
Nobody tell those JMU boys but I think North Dakota State would kick the Dukie's right now and the bison will coast to an easy 17 point victory in the Rust Belt city

centennial
October 10th, 2017, 06:18 PM
Nobody tell those JMU boys but I think North Dakota State would kick the Dukie's right now and the bison will coast to an easy 17 point victory in the Rust Belt city

In coming JMU butt hurt fans.

TheKingpin28
October 10th, 2017, 06:28 PM
In coming JMU butt hurt fans.

They are the new Decembrists of AGS. Too bad it is only October as the more they win, the worse it will get.

cx500d
October 10th, 2017, 07:17 PM
I hope both teams lose due to some arcane rule.

YSU has more than the title 9 mandated rapists, and NDSU doesn't have enough rapists per title 9?

BisonTru
October 10th, 2017, 07:23 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSALZIOCIAA-6Tz.jpg

JSUSoutherner
October 11th, 2017, 01:10 AM
They are the new Decembrists of AGS. Too bad it is only October as the more they win, the worse it will get.

Just wait for them to lose a game. They will scamper off just like the Sam Houston ones did.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 11th, 2017, 06:48 AM
This game will come down to QB play. Both are going to try and run the ball but to consistently move the chains, the passing game will have to be efficient and IMO, NDSU has the better QB.

Stick is playing at a high level right now. It will be a battle in the trenches and the Bison rotate a lot of guys on the DL. Does YSU rotate guys? Maybe YSU guys can elaborate on that.

Can these teams play catchup if they get behind early? Which one is better at it?

IMO, the Bison will win this game because the offense is very efficient running and passing and trying to stop one will open the other. Bison are the better team on both sides, now go prove it.

ysubigred
October 11th, 2017, 07:32 AM
YSU has more than the title 9 mandated rapists, and NDSU doesn't have enough rapists per title 9?

No they just have sheep ****ers on their team. Sheep can't call the cops xrolleyesx

Southern Bison
October 11th, 2017, 08:29 AM
No they just have sheep ****ers on their team. Sheep can't call the cops xrolleyesxI expect you to stop by our tailgate on Saturday...look for the Bison flags & the gray AGS flag.

I gotta meet the AGS Champagne Room legend!

dewey
October 11th, 2017, 09:07 AM
Here is the Monday press conference with NDSU head coach Chris Klieman talking about the upcoming Youngstown State game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAMEvsycl24&t=28s

Here is a press conference with YSU head coach Bo Pelini talking about the upcoming NDSU game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NuhNfkHyNI

Dewey

dewey
October 11th, 2017, 09:11 AM
Here are some game notes.

http://www.gobison.com/news/2017/10/9/football-no-2-north-dakota-state-at-no-8-youngstown-state-saturday-on-espn3.aspx

THIS WEEK: North Dakota State (5-0, 2-0 MVFC) goes on the road for another Top 10 matchup this week when the No. 2-ranked Bison face the eighth-ranked Youngstown State Penguins (3-2, 1-1 MVFC) at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, Oct. 14, at Stambaugh Stadium (20,630) in Youngstown, Ohio.

ESPN3 ONLY: Saturday's game is exclusive to ESPN3 as part of the Missouri Valley Football Conference television package. ESPN3 is available only through participating Internet service providers (http://www.espn.com/espn3/affList) on WatchESPN.com (http://www.espn.com/watch/_/id/3175601/north-dakota-state-vs-youngstown-state-football) and the WatchESPN app. Brad Wells (play-by-play), Danan Hughes (analyst) and Kelly Burke (sideline reporter) will describe the action.

RADIO: Coverage begins at 5:30 p.m. CT on the Peterson Farms Seed Bison Radio Network (http://www.gobison.com/sports/2013/4/19/radio.aspx?id=2) with Jeff Culhane play-by-play, NDSU and Buffalo Bills Hall of Famer Phil Hansen analyst, and NDSU's Jeremy Jorgenson (http://www.gobison.com/staff.aspx?staff=80) sidelines. A free live audio stream of the Bison Radio Network broadcast is available on GoBison.com/allaccess (http://www.gobison.com/watch?Live=2006). Extended coverage locally on 107.9 The Fox, Bison 1660 and 92.7 FM includes "Bison Tailgate" from 2:30-3:30 p.m. with Brad Jones, "Bison Game Day" from 3:30-5:30 and "Bison Hotline" for 2 hours following the network broadcast with hosts Keith Brake, Chris Hanson and former NDSU defensive end Cole Jirik.

THE SERIES: This is the 12th meeting between North Dakota State and Youngstown State dating back to 1972. NDSU has won five straight and leads the series 7-4 after last year's 24-3 victory in Fargo. The Bison are 3-2 in Youngstown and 3-1 at Stambaugh Stadium with victories in their last three trips including a 27-24 come-from-behind win in 2015. NDSU scored 17 straight fourth-quarter points capped by Easton Stick (http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7452)'s 4-yard TD run with 35 seconds left.

A STREAK WILL END: At least one streak will end Saturday when North Dakota State puts its 11-game road winning streak on the line against Youngstown State's 11-game home winning streak. NDSU was the last team to win at Stambaugh Stadium, a 27-24 victory in YSU's 2015 home finale. The Penguins were 8-0 at the "Ice Castle" last year including an NCAA first round playoff win over Samford and a quarterfinal win over Wofford. North Dakota State has not lost on the road since the 2015 FCS Kickoff at Montana, 38-35.

BEST ROAD WINNING STREAK: NDSU has won 11 consecutive true road games, which is the longest active road winning streak in the FCS and fourth best among all Division I programs behind Oklahoma (13), Alabama (13) and Clemson (12). The Bison have won 12 straight away from Fargo including the 2015 national championship game and are 36-2 since 2011.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26275&stc=1

Dewey

Professor Chaos
October 11th, 2017, 09:16 AM
BEST ROAD WINNING STREAK: NDSU has won 11 consecutive true road games, which is the longest active road winning streak in the FCS and fourth best among all Division I programs behind Oklahoma (13), Alabama (13) and Clemson (12). The Bison have won 12 straight away from Fargo including the 2015 national championship game and are 36-2 since 2011.

I'm pretty sure NDSU is also #4 on the list after Oklahoma, Bama, and Clemson in you only include FBS games with an FBS road winning streak at 6 (dating back to 2010). I know there was a point last year where only Bama had a longer streak of FBS wins away from home than NDSU did (counting neutral site wins/losses).

dewey
October 11th, 2017, 09:21 AM
I'm pretty sure NDSU is also #4 on the list after Oklahoma, Bama, and Clemson in you only include FBS games with an FBS road winning streak at 6 (dating back to 2010). I know there was a point last year where only Bama had a longer streak of FBS wins away from home than NDSU did (counting neutral site wins/losses).

That is what I pulled from GoBison.com.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
October 11th, 2017, 09:24 AM
That is what I pulled from GoBison.com.

Dewey
Oh, I'm not disputing it. I just think it's pretty remarkable that an FCS team has the 4th longest FBS road game winning streak in the country.

POD Knows
October 11th, 2017, 09:26 AM
Here is the Monday press conference with NDSU head coach Chris Klieman talking about the upcoming Youngstown State game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAMEvsycl24&t=28s

Here is a press conference with YSU head coach Bo Pelini talking about the upcoming NDSU game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NuhNfkHyNI

DeweySomebody needs to tell Bo that they lost to USD not SDSU, or maybe he doesn't know the difference.

dewey
October 11th, 2017, 09:26 AM

Not too bad for "junior varsity" football, right?

Dewey

dewey
October 11th, 2017, 09:28 AM
Somebody needs to tell Bo that they lost to USD not SDSU, or maybe he doesn't know the difference.

I thought it was just me not hearing it right last night but apparently I heard it right and he referred to USD as SDSU (USD and SDSU fans are going to be go full crazy if they here that) in the video.

Dewey

Terrier19
October 11th, 2017, 09:41 AM
Excited to see this one. 2 really tough teams going at it. Good luck to both and injury free football.....

POD Knows
October 11th, 2017, 09:45 AM
I thought it was just me not hearing it right last night but apparently I heard it right and he referred to USD as SDSU (USD and SDSU fans are going to be go full crazy if they here that) in the video.

DeweyI bet he doesn't know the difference, if you showed him a map of South Dakota and put pins on Vermillion and Brookings and asked him which college was where, he probably wouldn't know the answer but to his credit, both those towns and schools are pretty interchangeable. xcoffeex

The Yo Show
October 11th, 2017, 10:36 AM
This game will come down to QB play. Both are going to try and run the ball but to consistently move the chains, the passing game will have to be efficient and IMO, NDSU has the better QB.

Stick is playing at a high level right now. It will be a battle in the trenches and the Bison rotate a lot of guys on the DL. Does YSU rotate guys? Maybe YSU guys can elaborate on that.

Can these teams play catchup if they get behind early? Which one is better at it?

IMO, the Bison will win this game because the offense is very efficient running and passing and trying to stop one will open the other. Bison are the better team on both sides, now go prove it.

We rotate guys on several positions on defense, including dline. I'm going to guess that we rotate less though.

ysubigred
October 11th, 2017, 10:46 AM
I expect you to stop by our tailgate on Saturday...look for the Bison flags & the gray AGS flag.

"IF" I can swing it I'll be up to Y-town (5 1/2 hour drive each way from Louisville KY). Right now I doubt it,, I have to be in Seattle WA Monday morning.

If I don't make please show my most recent photo (below) to anybody that asks about me xdrunkyx

http://www.thewrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/most-interesting-man-in-the-world-dos-equis.jpg

Bisonator
October 11th, 2017, 10:54 AM
"IF" I can swing it I'll be up to Y-town (5 1/2 hour drive each way from Louisville KY). Right now I doubt it,, I have to be in Seattle WA Monday morning.

If I don't make please show my most recent photo (below) to anybody that asks about me xdrunkyx

http://www.thewrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/most-interesting-man-in-the-world-dos-equis.jpg
I thought they sent you to mars?:D

ysubigred
October 11th, 2017, 01:11 PM
I thought they sent you to mars?:D

Seattle ~ Mars about the same xeyebrowx :D

dewey
October 11th, 2017, 01:15 PM

That is awfully nice to have your dad in the photo. Is the other one your sisterxlolx

Dewey

The Yo Show
October 11th, 2017, 01:31 PM
I expect you to stop by our tailgate on Saturday...look for the Bison flags & the gray AGS flag.

I'll be at the game and tailgating myself. Tailgate lots open 1pm Eastern, but I'll probably be downtown way earlier than that at local bars pregaming. Don't forget, beer is available in the stadium so you can keep the buzz going xthumbsupx

BisonTru
October 11th, 2017, 01:36 PM
I'll be at the game and tailgating myself. Tailgate lots open 1pm Eastern, but I'll probably be downtown way earlier than that at local bars pregaming. Don't forget, beer is available in the stadium so you can keep the buzz going xthumbsupx

Fargo comes in the top 10 in almost every drunkest towns in America list, and the Fargodome is like the last college football venue to still be dry. xbangx

Southern Bison
October 11th, 2017, 01:38 PM
I'll be at the game and tailgating myself. Tailgate lots open 1pm Eastern, but I'll probably be downtown way earlier than that at local bars pregaming. Don't forget, beer is available in the stadium so you can keep the buzz going xthumbsupxWe'll be in the tailgate lot with the coroprate tents. C'mon by for a beer on me.

Twentysix
October 11th, 2017, 02:33 PM
If YSU loses this game they are out of contention for top 8 the rest of the year. I just don't see 8-3 YSU getting a seed. This is really a must win for them if their goal is a NC.

BisonTru
October 11th, 2017, 02:34 PM
If YSU loses this game they are out of contention for top 8 the rest of the year. I just don't see 8-3 YSU getting a seed. This is really a must win for them if their goal is a NC.

TBF, they made it without a seed last year.

Twentysix
October 11th, 2017, 02:35 PM
TBF, they made it without a seed last year.

Yeah, but its WAY more of an uphill battle without a seed imo. Even still, that is a great point.

BisonTru
October 11th, 2017, 02:36 PM
Yeah, but its WAY more of an uphill battle without a seed imo.

They are a lot closer to the CozyAA teams to get routed thru. :Dxdrunkyx

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 11th, 2017, 02:39 PM

Seems to me they went to the title game last year w/o being seeded. IIRC, Villanova won it w/o being seeded...could be wrong though

ysubigred
October 11th, 2017, 02:46 PM
That is awfully nice to have your dad in the photo. Is the other one your sisterxlolx

Dewey

Dad!?! Me my wife and mistress! I have brown stains in my shorts older than you Dew boyx406xxthumbsupx:D

jmufan999
October 11th, 2017, 02:52 PM
Seems to me they went to the title game last year w/o being seeded. IIRC, Villanova won it w/o being seeded...could be wrong though

nope, no one has ever won 5 playoff games in FCS in a single season. YSU would have been the first.

edit: that might have been before expansion. maybe Nova wasn't seeded, but they didn't win 5 games. hasn't happened yet.

ysubigred
October 11th, 2017, 02:53 PM

I like YSU's chances not seeded xnodx Can't do anything easy,, It's Youngstown for Christ's sake xbawlingx

Bisonoline
October 11th, 2017, 02:56 PM
Ok folks we need some suggestions on where to eat. I think we are staying half way between Pittsburg and Youngstown. So who has the best pizza and steaks? Italian sausage and Italian beef will also be considered. TIA

caribbeanhen
October 11th, 2017, 03:19 PM
Seattle ~ Mars about the same xeyebrowx :D

Venus and Mars. 1975

The Yo Show
October 11th, 2017, 03:27 PM
Ok folks we need some suggestions on where to eat. I think we are staying half way between Pittsburg and Youngstown. So who has the best pizza and steaks? Italian sausage and Italian beef will also be considered. TIA
Where exactly are you staying then if it is halfway? Somewhere around Ellwood City?

The Yo Show
October 11th, 2017, 03:31 PM
We'll be in the tailgate lot with the coroprate tents. C'mon by for a beer on me.

There are usually corporate sponsors in both tailgating lots, but I'll come find you if you are going to be hoisting the AGS flag. For reference the student lot is the lot going towards downtown further away from Stambaugh. The "big" lot as we call it, is the largest lot and usually has everyone who isn't a student. Technically corporate sponsors put tents in both lots though. The "big" lot is the one by McDonalds.

Southern Bison
October 11th, 2017, 03:36 PM
There are usually corporate sponsors in both tailgating lots, but I'll come find you if you are going to be hoisting the AGS flag. For reference the student lot is the lot going towards downtown further away from Stambaugh. The "big" lot as we call it, is the largest lot and usually has everyone who isn't a student. Technically corporate sponsors put tents in both lots though. The "big" lot is the one by McDonalds.We'll be in the lot between Taco Bell & the bookstore.

Bisonoline
October 11th, 2017, 04:06 PM
Where exactly are you staying then if it is halfway? Somewhere around Ellwood City?

Any places in Youngstown, Pittburg and in between. Somebody gave me some suggestions but I can remember where they are.
My buddy made the arrangements so I dont know where exactly.

Ok we are at the Hampton Inn, north of the airport, beaver valley ctr township.

BNATION
October 12th, 2017, 12:47 PM
I look for this to be the game of the week. I think YSU pulls it out away from the dome. Close game.

The Yo Show
October 12th, 2017, 04:08 PM
Any places in Youngstown, Pittburg and in between. Somebody gave me some suggestions but I can remember where they are.
My buddy made the arrangements so I dont know where exactly.

Ok we are at the Hampton Inn, north of the airport, beaver valley ctr township.

Well, my recommendations are going to be kind of far from where you are at specifically, but I would recommend the following places for pizza: Wedgewood Pizza, Belleria Pizza, Elmton, and Sunrise Inn. None of these places will have steak, most of them are standard pizza and wings ect. However, Belleria and Elmton do have more choices with some Italian dishes (and I think even Sunrise does too). I will say this, Sunrise Inn is the BEST fried chicken I have ever had in my life.
Address to Wedgewood Pizza:1622 S Raccoon Rd, Youngstown, OH 44515
Address to Belleria Pizza (this is probably the closest one to your location but I've never eaten at this location specifically): 3187 Center Road Poland, OH 44514
Address to the Elmton:584 5th St, Struthers, OH 44471
Address to Sunrise: 510 E Market St, Warren, OH 44481

Best Italian Restaurant is hard, but I would recommend the following:
Casses's MVR (410 N Walnut Ave, Youngstown, OH 44505) *** this is my favorite as it is really good and is very affordable. Right on campus too.
Salvatore's Italian Grill (8720 E Market St, Warren, OH 44484)
Station Square Ristorante (4250 Belmont Ave, Youngstown, OH 44505-1004)

Best Steak is Texas Roadhouse (2260 Niles Cortland Rd SE, Warren, OH 44484)
Note, I am only giving you the steakhouse since you asked. I would recommend eating elsewhere unless dead set on steak because this is a chain and you can get it anywhere.

You probably can't go wrong with any of the pizza. My favorite is probably Wedgewood or Belleria though. If you go to Belleria or Wedgewood, you have to try Brier Hill Pizza if you are into that kinda thing (they use old fashioned Romano cheese and an Italian Spaghetti sauce as the red sauce instead of regular pizza sauce and put peppers on it).

The Yo Show
October 12th, 2017, 04:10 PM
We'll be in the lot between Taco Bell & the bookstore.

Gotcha, that was the lot further away from Stambaugh in my quote. lol. I should have called in the student lot because that is where the student tailgate is. I'll definitely swing by xthumbsupx. Have you ever had Great Lakes beer?

Southern Bison
October 12th, 2017, 04:12 PM
Gotcha, that was the lot further away from Stambaugh in my quote. lol. I should have called in the student lot because that is where the student tailgate is. I'll definitely swing by xthumbsupx. Have you ever had Great Lakes beer?Sweet! No I haven't.

Southern Bison
October 12th, 2017, 04:15 PM
Alumni of the Carolinas started an epic weekend today with 20 Bison TeamMakers that flew in from Fargo at our watch party location. Now we're headed to Bank of America Stadium to watch Carson Wentz take on our Panthers.

Don't worry Youngstown, we'll be headed your way tomorrow after the hangover has worn off.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171012/08b1145e1a77a45000a977362681daec.jpg

IBleedYellow
October 12th, 2017, 04:16 PM
Alumni of the Carolinas started an epic weekend today with 20 Bison TeamMakers that flew in from Fargo at our watch party location. Now we're headed to Bank of America Stadium to watch Carson Wentz take on our Panthers.

Don't worry Youngstown, we'll be headed your way tomorrow after the hangover has worn off.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171012/08b1145e1a77a45000a977362681daec.jpg

Fly Eagles Fly!

The Yo Show
October 12th, 2017, 04:30 PM
Sweet! No I haven't.

I'll bring some to for you to try. You like porters, ales or lagers?

Southern Bison
October 12th, 2017, 04:31 PM
Light lagers and pale ales

cx500d
October 12th, 2017, 07:17 PM
I'll bring some to for you to try. You like porters, ales or lagers?

Seriously? He likes Hamm's and Grain Belt.

UpstateBison
October 12th, 2017, 08:02 PM
He likes Miller High Life!

Southern Bison
October 13th, 2017, 07:41 AM
He likes Miller High Life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171013/f42cb2852d5afe32bd65d525998ebad6.gif

Bison56
October 13th, 2017, 08:42 AM
Seriously? He likes Hamm's and Grain Belt.

Who doesn't?xchinscratchx

IBleedYellow
October 13th, 2017, 10:34 AM
I look for this to be the game of the week. I think YSU pulls it out away from the dome. Close game.

You clearly don't know how NDSU does at home vs away, do you?

ST_Lawson
October 13th, 2017, 10:45 AM
You clearly don't know how NDSU does at home vs away, do you?

It appears they are unaware that since 2011, 5 of the 7 Bison losses have come at the Fargodome. That means that in 6 1/2 years, they've only lost twice on the road.

dewey
October 13th, 2017, 10:49 AM
It appears they are unaware that since 2011, 5 of the 7 Bison losses have come at the Fargodome. That means that in 6 1/2 years, they've only lost twice on the road.

Correct.

The Bison Media Blog did a post about this a week ago.

Here is the text.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/a-streak-within-that-streak-of-titles-35-2-away-from-fargo/

Going to touch more on this later in the week, but the Bison head into Indiana State with longest active road winning streak in the FCS with 10. It’s 11 straight away from Fargo if you count the 2015 FCS title game in Frisco, Texas. It’s the fourth-longest road streak in all of Division I trailing Oklahoma with 13 and Alabama and Clemson with 12 each.

NDSU has a ways to go to match the streak it accumulated from 2011-14 when it won 22 straight away from home. It went from the FCS quarterfinal loss at Eastern Washington that concluded the 2010 season until a November defeat at Northern Iowa in 2014. But since losing at Montana in the 2015 season opener, NDSU hasn’t lost since on the road. Counting the entire span, the record is rather impressive at 35-2 away from Gate City Bank Field since that Eastern Washington game.
“We’re on a business trip, we talk about that all the time,” said defensive line coach Nick Goeser, who’s been a part of the entire 35-2 streak.

There are two main factors that go into a streak like that. No. 1, obviously, you have to be good. But I think NDSU’s style of play also factors into it, where a physical, ball-control type of offense helps take a crowd out of the game. Look back to the 2013 Kansas State game, when the packed house at Bill Snyder Family Stadium had little effect on the outcome, especially the last drive that ate up most of the fourth quarter. Fans collectively can only yell for so long before tiring. That style of offense is also helpful with the turnover battle, which helps avoid those major momentum swings that home teams thrive on.

The ball control game swung the second half in NDSU’s favor last year at Iowa, also. There are many other minor elements that go into it, like an impressive road following of fans, but the fact is, the Bison are built to be a good road team.

NDSU is now 36-2 away from Fargo since the beginning of the 2011 season.

Dewey

Schism55
October 13th, 2017, 10:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMvobbZlGCI
A masterpiece!

UNIFanSince1983
October 13th, 2017, 11:09 AM

That also means in 6.5 years they have only lost 7 games. Roughly one a year. So they clearly don't lose much no matter where they are playing.

ST_Lawson
October 13th, 2017, 11:13 AM
A masterpiece!

I remember watching it live...that drive was a thing of beauty.

That also means in 6.5 years they have only lost 7 games. Roughly one a year. So they clearly don't lose much no matter where they are playing.

True, small pool of losses to pull data from, but when they lose, it does seem to be at home more often than not.
We kinda have the same issue over the last year or so...but a few more losses to look at. Our record from 2016 and 2017...we are 8-2 away, 2-4 at home.

Professor Chaos
October 13th, 2017, 12:27 PM
Yeah, the winning % isn't really that much different at home vs on the road for NDSU since 2011 because they've played a lot more games at home than on the road. They've played 57 home games going 52-5 for a .912 winning % and they've played 32 road games going 31-2 for a .939 winning %. Added in the Frisco games and the overall record is 88-7 for a .926 winning %.

ysubigred
October 13th, 2017, 01:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMvobbZlGCI
A masterpiece!

NDSU has been blessed with QB's!! I'm no expert but I always thought Jensen was better than Wentz. Wentz is now an NFL star and Jensen is ??

QB is what YSU's been missing for years. We've had a few decent one's but nothing like the two mentioned above. xbowx

Professor Chaos
October 13th, 2017, 01:26 PM
NDSU has been blessed with QB's!! I'm no expert but I always thought Jensen was better than Wentz. Wentz is now an NFL star and Jensen is ??

QB is what YSU's been missing for years. We've had a few decent one's but nothing like the two mentioned above. xbowx
He spent some time in the Dolphins camp as a rookie and I think might've had a cup of coffee on the Jets practice squad before landing in the CFL. He was mostly a backup there and "retired" at the end of last year.

There were plenty of rumblings during Jensen's junior (2012) and senior (2013) seasons that Wentz was the superior QB but you can't bench a guy who wins national titles. There's a popular unofficial story in NDSU circles that I think was traced back to Randy Hedberg (who was the QB coach at Southern Illinois during Jensen's NDSU years and moved to NDSU during Wentz's years) that SIU's defensive coaches would tell their players to hit Jensen hard but not too hard because they didn't want Wentz coming in the game.

I always thought Jensen had a good arm but he lacked some with accuracy and he tended to get locked onto his favorite receivers too much. But he had intangibles like no other and that's the main reason he was so successful at this level. As far as QB tools go Wentz was superior to Jensen across the board physically and mentally but no one tops Jensen when it came to those intangibles even though Wentz wasn't lacking there either.

X-Factor
October 13th, 2017, 02:03 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing how our offense matches up against a very solid YSU defense. We have played mostly weak ass defenses so far, YSU is anything but that. No way we score our average that is for sure.

This is what makes me laugh so hard at the haters that want the Bison to play a playoff game away from the FargoDome. First of all, we EARNED the home games, and 2nd of all, our road record speaks for itself! I don't even have to look it up to know it is either #1 or #2 in all of college football...

dewey
October 13th, 2017, 02:08 PM
Here is the game day preview of NDSU vs. Youngstown State game tomorrow presented by NDSU athletics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HiB1B9I0Kg

Dewey

dewey
October 13th, 2017, 02:10 PM
This is what makes me laugh so hard at the haters that want the Bison to play a playoff game away from the FargoDome. First of all, we EARNED the home games, and 2nd of all, our road record speaks for itself! I don't even have to look it up to know it is either #1 or #2 in all of college football...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26303&stc=1

Dewey

TheKingpin28
October 13th, 2017, 04:10 PM
Who doesn't?xchinscratchx

People with taste buds?

cx500d
October 13th, 2017, 04:31 PM
People with taste buds?

If you had taste buds, they've been destroyed by that bitter crap you drink.

https://thepourfooldotcom.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/bitterbeerface.jpg

Schism55
October 13th, 2017, 04:35 PM
People with taste buds?
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26306&stc=1

Bisonoline
October 13th, 2017, 05:02 PM
Well, my recommendations are going to be kind of far from where you are at specifically, but I would recommend the following places for pizza: Wedgewood Pizza, Belleria Pizza, Elmton, and Sunrise Inn. None of these places will have steak, most of them are standard pizza and wings ect. However, Belleria and Elmton do have more choices with some Italian dishes (and I think even Sunrise does too). I will say this, Sunrise Inn is the BEST fried chicken I have ever had in my life.
Address to Wedgewood Pizza:1622 S Raccoon Rd, Youngstown, OH 44515
Address to Belleria Pizza (this is probably the closest one to your location but I've never eaten at this location specifically): 3187 Center Road Poland, OH 44514
Address to the Elmton:584 5th St, Struthers, OH 44471
Address to Sunrise: 510 E Market St, Warren, OH 44481

Best Italian Restaurant is hard, but I would recommend the following:
Casses's MVR (410 N Walnut Ave, Youngstown, OH 44505) *** this is my favorite as it is really good and is very affordable. Right on campus too.
Salvatore's Italian Grill (8720 E Market St, Warren, OH 44484)
Station Square Ristorante (4250 Belmont Ave, Youngstown, OH 44505-1004)

Best Steak is Texas Roadhouse (2260 Niles Cortland Rd SE, Warren, OH 44484)
Note, I am only giving you the steakhouse since you asked. I would recommend eating elsewhere unless dead set on steak because this is a chain and you can get it anywhere.

You probably can't go wrong with any of the pizza. My favorite is probably Wedgewood or Belleria though. If you go to Belleria or Wedgewood, you have to try Brier Hill Pizza if you are into that kinda thing (they use old fashioned Romano cheese and an Italian Spaghetti sauce as the red sauce instead of regular pizza sauce and put peppers on it).

We found a place called the Springfield grill. Menu looks great. Waiting for a table right now.

TheKingpin28
October 13th, 2017, 05:35 PM
If you had taste buds, they've been destroyed by that bitter crap you drink.

https://thepourfooldotcom.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/bitterbeerface.jpg

Grainbelt, Michgolden, Sam Adams, Schells, etc...

Almost anything is better than Miller, however, nothing is as bad as Beer 30. Wish I could have tried the atrocity known as Buckhorn, but alas, I was too young.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26306&stc=1

https://i.giphy.com/media/565stki2D7d9C/giphy.webp

Bisonoline
October 13th, 2017, 06:53 PM
We found a place called the Springfield grill. Menu looks great. Waiting for a table right now.

Freaking great food. The only downer was the desserts. They should have been a much better quality for the type of restaurant it is. The entree prices were very reasonable also. 3 people the tab was 100.00.

caribbeanhen
October 13th, 2017, 07:41 PM
Freaking great food.

dont post with your mouth full

cx500d
October 13th, 2017, 10:34 PM
Grainbelt, Michgolden, Sam Adams, Schells, etc...

Almost anything is better than Miller, however, nothing is as bad as Beer 30. Wish I could have tried the atrocity known as Buckhorn, but alas, I was too young.

I'm going to have to try this Michgolden you lutefisk eating yankees rave about since it looks like its only sold up there. Next time I get up there...

dewey
October 14th, 2017, 06:48 AM
Happy Game Day all!

Dewey https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171014/02851cb1b2542489797d87e4da336e49.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171014/dabaa330dd37cebcac97ce74ad693e37.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171014/180ca9e9c99a733bd62825ac5e7ea9ff.jpg

UpstateBison
October 14th, 2017, 06:59 AM
Looking forward to the game today and the tailgate. See you this afternoon Southern Bison.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 14th, 2017, 07:53 AM
dont post with your mouth full

For you, just don't post.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 14th, 2017, 07:54 AM
GO BISON!!

Bison 31-17

dewey
October 14th, 2017, 09:18 AM
Go Bison!

NDSU 28
YSU 17

Dewey

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2017, 09:36 AM
I'm going to have to try this Michgolden you lutefisk eating yankees rave about since it looks like its only sold up there. Next time I get up there...

It's like Duck Duck Grey Duck. It's a Minnesota thing.

dewey
October 14th, 2017, 09:42 AM
Here is an article from Mike McFeely, local radio and writer, about Youngstown State and the Mid American Conference.

http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2017/10/14/truth-is-mac-would-be-better-fit-for-youngstown-state-than-mvfc/

Maybe some of the YSU posters on here can add or correct things from the article.

Dewey

ytownchief22
October 14th, 2017, 09:58 AM
Akron and Kent will never allow YSU in. Rumor is, several big boosters at Akron have said they will pull all money from the program if Akron ever tries to schedule YSU for football. Not to mention, we would probably beat both of those terrible football teams year after year. It's a no win for both of those programs.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking forward to the game!

POD Knows
October 14th, 2017, 10:03 AM
I'm going to have to try this Michgolden you lutefisk eating yankees rave about since it looks like its only sold up there. Next time I get up there...don't waste your money, go piss in a glass, inject some CO2 and you should be good to go. Actually, it isn't that bad, it will get you drunk and it pretty much tastes like all of the mass produced stuff that is out there.

semobison
October 14th, 2017, 10:11 AM
When we got accepted into the then Gatway conference my first reaction was, damn, we get to play Youngstown State! I followed 1AA back in the 90's when the Guins were winning nattys. Even though they fell off for a while to me they are still a storied program. Today's game features two teams that have won 9 of the last 26 National Championships. For us guys over fifty, that's a BF deal! Go Bison!

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2017, 10:16 AM
don't waste your money, go piss in a glass, inject some CO2 and you should be good to go. Actually, it isn't that bad, it will get you drunk and it pretty much tastes like all of the mass produced stuff that is out there.

I was always told that when I drink it, that I was golden? Is this no longer true?

POD Knows
October 14th, 2017, 10:42 AM
I was always told that when I drink it, that I was golden? Is this no longer true?They should just change the name to Michelob Golden Showers, it would be more accurate.

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2017, 10:44 AM
They should just change the name to Michelob Golden Showers, it would be more accurate.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/gag.gif

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2017, 11:51 AM
For you, just don't post.

Snowflake

Bison56
October 14th, 2017, 12:10 PM
People with taste buds?

Hipster

Bisonoline
October 14th, 2017, 12:17 PM
Freaking great food. The only downer was the desserts. They should have been a much better quality for the type of restaurant it is. The entree prices were very reasonable also. 3 people the tab was 100.00.

Dibellas sub shop is legit.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 14th, 2017, 01:37 PM
Snowflake

Troll

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2017, 03:39 PM
Hipster

I take that as an insult. I am actually semi-useful to society.

Bison56
October 14th, 2017, 03:46 PM
I take that as an insult. I am actually semi-useful to society.

It was meant to be an insult, lol semi-useful I like that.

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2017, 04:08 PM
It was meant to be an insult, lol semi-useful I like that.

It all depends on how much of an adult I feel like being. If I end up drinking with POD and the crew at the lots, or with my friends down in Uptown and Downtown Minneapolis, it is less than half. If I attempt at being a studious adult, well, then I work my way to being semi-useful.

BisonFan02
October 14th, 2017, 05:52 PM
Almost time for some real insight.........now we learn something.

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2017, 06:05 PM
Alright, let's do this!

Go Bison! Game of the week!

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2017, 06:11 PM
NDSU just gave YSU a 1st down. That was pathetic.

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2017, 06:14 PM
Excellent hold for the Bison to prevent the Penguins from doing some damage.

3-0 YSU

9:08 left in the 1st Q

Bisonator
October 14th, 2017, 06:24 PM
Why can't they show the down and distance? JFC i hate that!

Prime Power
October 14th, 2017, 06:26 PM
NDSU looking like pretenders right now.

penguinpower
October 14th, 2017, 06:27 PM
nice run by mcaster

JSUSoutherner
October 14th, 2017, 06:27 PM
CMON GUINS. GIVE EM HELL

Bisonator
October 14th, 2017, 06:29 PM
Apparently we have't showed up yet. xrolleyesx

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2017, 06:30 PM
This is just bad

penguinpower
October 14th, 2017, 06:30 PM
Wow

JSUSoutherner
October 14th, 2017, 06:31 PM
Apparently we have't showed up yet. xrolleyesx

Gotta work off the cupcake weight.

Prime Power
October 14th, 2017, 06:32 PM
Getting dominated on the line.

Bisonator
October 14th, 2017, 06:33 PM
We look like the ****ing bunny turds out there!xcoolx

mvfcfan
October 14th, 2017, 06:35 PM
Let's go Penguins!!!!!

penguinpower
October 14th, 2017, 06:36 PM
that was a b.s. call on for holding. wonder if that is some sort of foreshadowing.......

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2017, 06:36 PM
Well this team is not from you at the Ita Bita Mississippi

penguinpower
October 14th, 2017, 06:37 PM
NDSU TE is a stud

Bisonator
October 14th, 2017, 06:38 PM
CMON GUINS. GIVE EM HELL

Let's go Penguins!!!!!
I get the feeling everyone is against us.xlolx

BisonTru
Getting dominated on the line.

This.

--------

Is Jay Walker announcing this game?

penguinpower

give me a break. you've been on the top of the mountain for more than half a decade

Prime Power
October 14th, 2017, 06:39 PM
that was a b.s. call on for holding. wonder if that is some sort of foreshadowing.......

I don't know replay showed a pretty clear hold.

JSUSoutherner
October 14th, 2017, 06:40 PM

Sorry. But I'd like home field in the playoffs. :D

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2017, 06:41 PM
TD was amazing!

Bisonator
October 14th, 2017, 06:41 PM
What a catch by Legendowski!!!

Prime Power
October 14th, 2017, 06:42 PM
TD was amazing!

Awesome catch, but it looked like it was moving.

geaux_sioux
October 14th, 2017, 06:43 PM
I saw a slight bobble. They probably won't get a good enough look at it to overturn the call though.

Prime Power
October 14th, 2017, 06:43 PM
Awesome catch, but it looked like it was moving.

Nevermind...lol

penguinpower
October 14th, 2017, 06:44 PM
what a catch

- - - Updated - - -

yay never gets a call

- - - Updated - - -

YSU never gets a call

geaux_sioux
October 14th, 2017, 06:44 PM
This color announcer doesn't know anything about these players.

penguinpower
October 14th, 2017, 06:45 PM
I don't think he had control

Professor Chaos
October 14th, 2017, 06:45 PM
I saw a slight bobble. They probably won't get a good enough look at it to overturn the call though.
Agreed but they had crap replay angled so had to stay with the call on the field. If they call that incomplete on the field it would've stood on replay also.

Regardless, amazing effort by Legendowski!

Bisonator
October 14th, 2017, 06:49 PM
Payback call for YSU. His knee was down.

TheKingpin28
Looked like his knee was down but it is what it is.

Prime Power
what a catch

- - - Updated - - -

yay never gets a call

- - - Updated - - -

YSU never gets a call

What was that?

Schism55
how was he NOT down? WTF

Bison56
October 14th, 2017, 06:54 PM
F ESPN3 sick of this lag.

Drblankstare
October 14th, 2017, 06:55 PM
Why is there not a down and distance on the score bug

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2017, 06:56 PM
This broadcast is bad.

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2017, 06:57 PM
Pelini is already losing it to one of his assistants.

Classic Bo! It will cost him at least 1 flag during this game as it will spill over onto the field.

penguinpower
October 14th, 2017, 06:59 PM
What was that?

make up call.

- - - Updated - - -

losing field position. Not good

NDB
October 14th, 2017, 07:00 PM
I love Missouri Valley Football.

penguinpower
October 14th, 2017, 07:01 PM
I love Missouri Valley Football.

My blood pressure doesn't

penguinpower
October 14th, 2017, 07:02 PM
everyone in the box

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2017, 07:03 PM
Man that was a nice delayed blitz!

penguinpower
October 14th, 2017, 07:03 PM
back up an isn't getting it done

JSUSoutherner
October 14th, 2017, 07:06 PM
Good sack!

Bisonator
October 14th, 2017, 07:07 PM
Wasted opportunity by the offense there.

penguinpower
October 14th, 2017, 07:08 PM
punching?

- - - Updated - - -

this is a real brawl

Bisonator
October 14th, 2017, 07:09 PM
Wentz needs to be better then that what a dumb move.

TheKingpin28
bonehead play. That is unacceptable!

penguinpower
let him play

geaux_sioux
October 14th, 2017, 07:10 PM
bonehead play. That is unacceptable!
Typical for him. He's a dirty player.

penguinpower
They are in pads

TheKingpin28
Typical for him. He's a dirty player.

Weak bait...

penguinpower
backup QB is a liability

penguinpower
October 14th, 2017, 07:12 PM
Not liking how this is going

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2017, 07:13 PM
Not liking how this is going

You and me both. This is going to be a defensive slugfest. If the Bison score before the half, I think this game will get ugly in the 2nd half. If YSU leads at halftime, no reason to believe the first to reach 20 points, wins the game.

penguinpower
October 14th, 2017, 07:13 PM
back up QB is confused

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2017, 07:14 PM
back up QB is confused

Is Nathan Mays injured? I did not hear anything that is why I asked.

Bisonator
October 14th, 2017, 07:15 PM
Big run by Stick!

penguinpower
October 14th, 2017, 07:16 PM
nice run by stick

- - - Updated - - -

got to keep them out of the endzone

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2017, 07:16 PM
Injured player for YSU as he is down on the field.

Bisonator
October 14th, 2017, 07:17 PM
JFC we are getting thin at LB with Board out now!

geaux_sioux
Weak bait...
Not bait. Just haven't forgotten that "block" he laid on our safety in the Fargo Dome. From behind. Below the knee. Season-ending broken leg. Complete bush-league play.

gsf23nd
That play took 15 seconds?

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2017, 07:19 PM
Another big run by Stick! Inside the redzone!

Bisonator
Another huge run by Stick!

penguinpower
stick is fast. no spy

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2017, 07:20 PM
Why spike it? That was a dumb play IMO.

Bisonator
Why didn't he run a play there??

TheKingpin28
Stick is just an animal! Brock Jensen would be proud.

mvfcfan
need a stop

Bisonator
October 14th, 2017, 07:21 PM
Gotta get it into the EZ here or out of bounds.

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2017, 07:22 PM
Look for Illies to get the ball in the endzone. No reason to not use the big man in the red zone.

penguinpower
October 14th, 2017, 07:22 PM
we are missing Justus Reed our DR. bad

- - - Updated - - -

DE

penguinpower
October 14th, 2017, 07:24 PM
if they pass that takes balls

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2017, 07:25 PM
Big stop by the Penguins. They should have ran it on 1st down IMO.

10-10 at half and the Bison get the ball back in the 2nd half.

penguinpower
even game boys

mvfcfan
YES!!!!!! Big stop there by YSU.

Bisonator
Nice play by the YSU defender. Tie game!

Bison56
Need to throw that so only your guy can get his hands on ut.

penguinpower
October 14th, 2017, 07:26 PM
excellent game

Bisonator
October 14th, 2017, 07:28 PM
A slobber knocker as predicted.

TheKingpin28
Well the Bison scored, but getting a FG is demoralizing when they are at the 3. Good thing is the Bison get the ball back in the 2nd half. Let's see who makes the biggest adjustments.

Bison56
excellent game

Yep much more entertaining than playing OVC cupcakes. :D

Drblankstare
October 14th, 2017, 07:29 PM
Sideline reporter gal, got a foot and a half on Coach Kleiman

Sycamore62
October 14th, 2017, 07:31 PM
Was Klieman sitting down during his halftime field interview or was that female sideline reporter a center in the WNBA

Drblankstare
October 14th, 2017, 07:32 PM
Was Klieman sitting down during his halftime field interview or was that female sideline reporter a center in the WNBA

If he has a good corner guy he'll know to take away her reach by getting inside and working the body xrolleyesx

Professor Chaos
October 14th, 2017, 07:33 PM
Horrendous use of timeouts to end the half by Klieman. Does he realize that the clock stops on a 1st down in college?

Sycamore62
October 14th, 2017, 07:34 PM
Oh hey, an interview with Patty V at halftime. I hope she does better in the selection meeting than on TV interviews

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2017, 07:35 PM
Oh hey, an interview with Patty V at halftime. I hope she does better in the selection meeting than on TV interviews

She just said UND is having a great season. Why is she the MVFC commissioner again?

geaux_sioux
October 14th, 2017, 07:37 PM
She just said UND is having a great season. Why is she the MVFC commissioner again?
We're ready to contribute right now. We're on fire. Or is the dumpster on fire.... ****

GUINSTIGATOR
October 14th, 2017, 07:40 PM
The stop before the half was huge for the Penguins. There was some nervous energy here in the Ice Castle and holding the Bison to 3 yielded a collective sigh. Penguins need to come out strong on D out of the break if they want to keep this one close!

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2017, 07:43 PM
We're ready to contribute right now. We're on fire. Or is the dumpster on fire.... ****

Someone needs to fill the shoes of ISUb and Missery State for awhile.

October 14th, 2017, 07:44 PM
Bison need to get tight ends more involved in second half.

Sycamore62
October 14th, 2017, 07:46 PM
she stopped short of saying don’t be surprised if ISUb rips off 6 straight and makes the playoffs

Bisonator
October 14th, 2017, 07:47 PM
Those three will rotate for their 1 win in conference.

- - - Updated - - -

she stopped short of saying don’t be surprised if ISUb rips off 6 straight and makes the playoffs

What bottle are you on now?xlolx

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2017, 07:48 PM

Well it is the Valley and USeD is a top 3 team in the nation so I guess anything is possible.

Those three will rotate for their 1 win in conference.

It will be a flaming bag of poo!

geaux_sioux
October 14th, 2017, 07:48 PM
Considering what we did to Misery I'm not confident we can be that bad if we try.