PDA

View Full Version : #2 North Dakota State @ #7 Youngstown St

Pages : 1 2 [3]

cx500d
October 14th, 2017, 11:18 PM
Meat, sauce, spices, and a small amount of veggies. No beans. Hell, you live in Texas! How can you do that to your own ilk? xnodx

You should know better and support your brethren, considering North Dakota is the largest grower of most types of edible beans...

What can I say, I like beans in my chili....along with onion, bell pepper, meat (beef, moose, bison, or elk) and just a touch of nitroglycerin

WeAreThePride
October 15th, 2017, 01:22 AM
Win against a damn good team on the road. A few things to clean up, but I'm delighted for the guys in Green. YSU, we'll be seeing you again this year. I think y'all would beat JMU at home, and be a tossup at their house.

The valley has seriously stepped up its game over the course of our championship runs. I don't think any team will be winning by 20 over every Valley team ever again. I think YSU is like Wisconsin last year. One of the best in the conference, and only lost by a little against the very best in the conference.

dewey
October 15th, 2017, 01:32 AM
I am disappointed in how Klieman's handled the time management at the end of the 1st half. 1st and goal from the 2 should be on the ball and run a play. Instead they waste the last timeout and then only get a field goal but it should have been a touchdown.

At the end of the game I was shocked to see 130 to go with 2 timeouts and we do not even attempt a pass. It looked like NDSU was scared to throw the ball. Stick has been very good this year but holding him back put of fear of what could happen seeems like a mistake.

However NDSU still managed to find a way to win against a top 10 team on the road.

Dewey

dewey
October 15th, 2017, 01:37 AM
Oh go beat off to your Brock Jensen poster.

I'm annoyed with the lack of clock management and playing not to lose/conservative. No **** YSU is a good team....so are alot of others and, in my humble opinion, at least two ahead of the mighty Bison in the poll.

But continue...feel free to tell us all to go **** ourselves big boy. xlolx

I just posted this but I completely agree on the clock management and playing scared.

100% agree.

Dewey

Thumper 76
October 15th, 2017, 02:42 AM
It's like Duck Duck Grey Duck. It's a Minnesota thing, we’re retarded.

FYP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2017, 06:16 AM
Good win on the road against a top 10 team with a very good defense.

Bison have a bunch of slot receivers and need to find one or two that are physical and strong enough to get separation.

Play man on the outside is what good defenses are doing now. But the Bison have many weapons which makes this offense hard to defend now.

Can WII or UNI defend all of those weapons the next two home games? IMO, NO!

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2017, 06:21 AM
NOBODY on this board is the coach. Shut the ****er down! xlolx On a forum talking about opinions...snowflake is upset that his lil Bison are being questioned. Boo ****ing hoo. Go get you shinebox.

He's the freaking idiot. He comes on once in a blue moon throwing out barbs and acting stupid.

Your clock management concern is valid.

LOL...shinebox.....LOL

penguinpower
October 15th, 2017, 06:38 AM
Where do you rank Youngstown. They have 3 losses 2 in overtime (Pitt and NDSU) and one by a FG at USD at the end of the game.

They missed Justus Reed last night. He is a force. Back Up QB missed reads ( RB's in the flats) but he is getting better the more he plays. YSU will be a force in the playoffs, but will they make it?

dewey
October 15th, 2017, 07:31 AM
Where do you rank Youngstown. They have 3 losses 2 in overtime (Pitt and NDSU) and one by a FG at USD at the end of the game.

They missed Justus Reed last night. He is a force. Back Up QB missed reads ( RB's in the flats) but he is getting better the more he plays. YSU will be a force in the playoffs, but will they make it?

IMHO Youngstown State is still a top 10 team for the reasons you listed above.

Dewey

Paladin1aa
October 15th, 2017, 07:53 AM
With 3 losses, YSU must win out to assure they are in the playoffs. But winning on the road in this league is a tough nut.

Houndawg
October 15th, 2017, 08:13 AM
With 3 losses, YSU must win out to assure they are in the playoffs. But winning on the road in this league is a tough nut.

I think 7-4 with a conference record of .500 or better and you're in.

So the upset in Carbondale won't be the end of the world... :D

POD Knows
October 15th, 2017, 08:15 AM
"had"...and instead of eating it....you threw it at RJ. :DHe was invisible the rest of the game so it must have worked

POD Knows
October 15th, 2017, 08:20 AM
Meat, sauce, spices, and a small amount of veggies. No beans. Hell, you live in Texas! How can you do that to your own ilk? xnodxVeggies, what kind of veggies, if you have any veggies in there other than onions and peppers you are going straight to chili hell.

POD Knows
October 15th, 2017, 08:24 AM
Yup, you and the Pod are spot on. We had the same issue last year....We played a damn good team tonight though. It's a good thing our QB ran for 174 because he only threw for 113.That is how you can beat us, I would force the Bison to try and move the ball by throwing to our receivers, the issue most teams have is that even when they stack the box, they often can't stop the our run game, YSU is a different animal in that respect. Also, is it me or does Bruce Anderson look like he has lost a step.

Houndawg
October 15th, 2017, 08:24 AM
Veggies, what kind of veggies, if you have any veggies in there other than onions and peppers you are going straight to chili hell.

Not so. A couple of tomatillos and some cilantro are vital.

Professor Chaos
October 15th, 2017, 08:27 AM

They were #6 for me last week and they might move up to #5 or go to #7 at worst in my ballot. I don't see them dropping much at all for voters who pay attention.

POD Knows
October 15th, 2017, 08:31 AM
Not so. A couple of tomatillos and some cilantro are vital.OK, I consider cilantro a spice and I have no idea what that other thing is but if it is like a pepper or a tomato, then yea. I have seen people put carrots in chili or worse yet, pasta.

Bison56
October 15th, 2017, 08:37 AM
OK, I consider cilantro a spice and I have no idea what that other thing is but if it is like a pepper or a tomato, then yea. I have seen people put carrots in chili or worse yet, pasta.

Pasta? That would be spaghetti not chili. Some people are horrible.

POD Knows
October 15th, 2017, 08:39 AM
Pasta? That would be spaghetti not chili. Some people are horrible.Seriously, I went to this little joint in SD and had some lunch, they had chili on the menu so I ordered it, it was pretty good but it had elbow macaroni in it. I have seen diced up carrots many times in chili, who the hell does that.

Bison56
October 15th, 2017, 08:48 AM
Seriously, I went to this little joint in SD and had some lunch, they had chili on the menu so I ordered it, it was pretty good but it had elbow macaroni in it. I have seen diced up carrots many times in chili, who the hell does that.

SD well that explains it.

Houndawg
October 15th, 2017, 08:49 AM
OK, I consider cilantro a spice and I have no idea what that other thing is but if it is like a pepper or a tomato, then yea. I have seen people put carrots in chili or worse yet, pasta.

That says a lot to chili lovers..

shredded beef, cilantro, tomatillos, chili powder, lime juice...spices... maybe a beer - as with salsa don't cook the onions in the chili. Add them fresh each time.xthumbsupx

Houndawg
October 15th, 2017, 08:52 AM
Seriously, I went to this little joint in SD and had some lunch, they had chili on the menu so I ordered it, it was pretty good but it had elbow macaroni in it. I have seen diced up carrots many times in chili, who the hell does that.

good grief man, I don't know where you live but you don't have to live like that.... its too big of a country to settle for a life where they put carrots in chili....:(

POD Knows
October 15th, 2017, 08:56 AM
That says a lot to chili lovers..

shredded beef, cilantro, tomatillos, chili powder, lime juice...spices... maybe a beer - as with salsa don't cook the onions in the chili. Add them fresh each time.xthumbsupxUnderstand that I live in Minnesota, I looked those things up after my post and I have never seen them before. What do they taste like?

Houndawg
October 15th, 2017, 09:02 AM
Understand that I live in Minnesota, I looked those things up after my post and I have never seen them before. What do they taste like?

Best I can describe is green salsa is usually tomatillo based, and cilantro is sometimes called chinese parsley. A certain percentage, about 20% I think, of people dislike it because to them it tastes like soap. Very easy to grow, they'll volunteer forever.

Next time the Bison come to Cdale, we'll cook up a batch at the tailgate

POD Knows
October 15th, 2017, 09:07 AM
Youngstown is a tough place to play, first one to 20 wins.Genius, pure genius.

WeAreThePride
October 15th, 2017, 09:38 AM

I think YSU is in the top 8 for sure. They should win out, and hopefully get that number 8 seed. And let me say, I hope we aren't number 1 when that happens.

X-Factor
October 15th, 2017, 09:44 AM
They both played similarily against ISUb and YSU. Difference is NDSU held ISUb to no points and gave up less to YSU.

31-28 YSU vs USeD @ DD
27-24OT NDSU vs YSU @ IC

52-0 NDSU vs ISUb @ ISUb
56-6 ISUb vs USeD @ DD

I take 2 road wins against 2 home wins.

I was thinking this as well. No idea how it can be rationalized that USD is the better team unless you introduce some cognitive bias. They are pretty equal teams.

Bisonoline
October 15th, 2017, 09:45 AM

It's called chili Mac. We were at steak and shake last night and they had chili over pasta

TheKingpin28
October 15th, 2017, 09:49 AM
Veggies, what kind of veggies, if you have any veggies in there other than onions and peppers you are going straight to chili hell.

Exactly! Those are man veggies.

semobison
October 15th, 2017, 09:51 AM
That is how you can beat us, I would force the Bison to try and move the ball by throwing to our receivers, the issue most teams have is that even when they stack the box, they often can't stop the our run game, YSU is a different animal in that respect. Also, is it me or does Bruce Anderson look like he has lost a step.

Stick was 1-6 passing on 3rd down yesterday. Pretty obvious guys were not getting open.

penguinpower
October 15th, 2017, 09:56 AM
what was amazing to me was the mirror image of the two teams. I don't think I've ever seen two teams that so closely resembles eachother.

After watching both its game press conferences there was a lot of complementing going on between the two coaches.

I think JMU is not as good this year as they were last year. I think the Bison should be #1. I hope YSU gets in the playoffs and in the opposing bracket. Penguins have the ingredients to make it back to Frisco.

Penguin Nation
October 15th, 2017, 10:23 AM
Congratulations to the Bison with the road win over Scumbag U. The Bison are the better and classier team.

penguinpower
October 15th, 2017, 10:26 AM
**** off Nation you stupid Libtard

ST_Lawson
October 15th, 2017, 10:36 AM

Sounds like they're strolling dangerously close to goulash territory.

JSUSoutherner
October 15th, 2017, 10:41 AM
**** off Nation you stupid Libtard

https://media.giphy.com/media/vk7VesvyZEwuI/giphy.gif

centennial
October 15th, 2017, 11:29 AM
Stick was 1-6 passing on 3rd down yesterday. Pretty obvious guys were not getting open.

We have sure handed receivers. Works well when you can out scheme teams. Doesn't work well when they decide to use man, and are stout against the run. YSU used JMU's plan on how to play NDSU. Originally brought to you by Joe Glenn and USD beating NDSU.

NDSU needs to run some go routes, and pick plays, play faster guys, and create coverage mismatches using personal. Otherwise the playoffs will be hard to win.

POD Knows
October 15th, 2017, 11:34 AM
We have sure handed receivers. Works well when you can out scheme teams. Doesn't work well when they decide to use man, and are stout against the run. YSU used JMU's plan on how to play NDSU. Originally brought to you by Joe Glenn and USD beating NDSU.

NDSU needs to run some go routes, and pick plays, play faster guys, and create coverage mismatches using personal. Otherwise the playoffs will be hard to win.Bingo

centennial
October 15th, 2017, 11:41 AM
Bingo
Screen plays from the backfield to the RB's would also work. When the backs can mug the receivers, and get away with it (refs not calling those penalties); NDSU will struggle. I think my disappointment was coaching creativity being low, and Stick trying to throw into tight windows. Schematically we didn't beat YSU most the the time. YSU has a good team, and coaches.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2017, 11:51 AM

NDSU needs to run some go routes, and pick plays, play faster guys, and create coverage mismatches using personal. Otherwise the playoffs will be hard to win.

NDSU, I guess, has a Fr WR that is redshirting and fits the bill of a big body deep threat. Hopefully he lives up to the accolades. 6-3 kid that strong and fast.

centennial
October 15th, 2017, 12:15 PM
NDSU, I guess, has a Fr WR that is redshirting and fits the bill of a big body deep threat. Hopefully he lives up to the accolades. 6-3 kid that strong and fast.
What's going on with Desmond Cain?

cx500d
October 15th, 2017, 12:17 PM
It's called chili Mac. We were at steak and shake last night and they had chili over pasta

Isn’t that what you lutefisk eaters refer to as “hot dish”

Bisonoline
October 15th, 2017, 12:18 PM

Hot dish has tater tots in it. Damn dude I thought you went to ndsu?

TheKingpin28
October 15th, 2017, 12:20 PM

Not even close. Hot dish has the tots and is a way of life and is delicious.

cx500d
October 15th, 2017, 12:20 PM
Hot dish has tater tots in it. Damn dude I thought you went to ndsu?

My mother called anything that went in a casserole dish with macaroni in it “hot dish”. Didn’t need tater tots.

TheKingpin28
October 15th, 2017, 12:21 PM
My mother called anything that went in a casserole dish with macaroni in it “hot dish”. Didn’t need tater tots.

Complete difference between a casserole and hot dish.

Bisonoline
October 15th, 2017, 12:22 PM

That's called a cassarole. Hence the name of the dish.

POD Knows
October 15th, 2017, 12:22 PM
good grief man, I don't know where you live but you don't have to live like that.... its too big of a country to settle for a life where they put carrots in chili....:(You got to be careful in these small town diners, these old Norwegians put a lot of stupid **** in food.

POD Knows
October 15th, 2017, 12:27 PM
Best I can describe is green salsa is usually tomatillo based, and cilantro is sometimes called chinese parsley. A certain percentage, about 20% I think, of people dislike it because to them it tastes like soap. Very easy to grow, they'll volunteer forever.

Next time the Bison come to Cdale, we'll cook up a batch at the tailgateHey that would be good, I got some buddies up here that are Salukis, I have an ongoing bet with one of the SIU guys, he has been wearing a Bison shirt to the Bison/SIU games for a few years, we haven't played you guys for a while and it looks like the program might be making a comeback. Back to chili, I use Cilantro on some things but too much of it is bad. It is kind of an acquired taste.

POD Knows
October 15th, 2017, 12:29 PM
It's called chili Mac. We were at steak and shake last night and they had chili over pastaYea, but the menu said chili and the hand written board with the specials on it said Chili was the soup of the day. It was actually pretty decent after I drowned it with Tabasco.

POD Knows
October 15th, 2017, 12:32 PM
Hot dish has tater tots in it. Damn dude I thought you went to ndsu?Macaroni hotdish doesn't have tator tots in it. In my primarily Norwegian family, hotdishes were pretty much anything served hot where there were two or more unrelated food items as ingredients. Casseroles were served cold.

cx500d
October 15th, 2017, 12:34 PM
Macaroni hotdish doesn't have tator tots in it. In my primarily Norwegian family, hotdishes were pretty much anything served hot where there were two or more unrelated food items as ingredients. Casseroles were served cold.

You are really close here.

POD Knows
October 15th, 2017, 12:39 PM
You are really close here.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkOK, to add a little more nuance, a hotdish had to have some type of meat, people would make these green bean with pearl onions, mushroom gravy and bread crumbs on that top, that would be served hot but some people called that casserole because it didn't have meat. Green bean casserole, hated it as a kid but like it now.

cx500d
October 15th, 2017, 12:45 PM
OK, to add a little more nuance, a hotdish had to have some type of meat, people would make these green bean with pearl onions, mushroom gravy and bread crumbs on that top, that would be served hot but some people called that casserole because it didn't have meat. Green bean casserole, hated it as a kid but like it now.

That may be the missing link...hot dish has meat, casserole doesn’t necessarily have meat. Winner winner chicken dinner!

Houndawg
October 15th, 2017, 01:35 PM
Hey that would be good, I got some buddies up here that are Salukis, I have an ongoing bet with one of the SIU guys, he has been wearing a Bison shirt to the Bison/SIU games for a few years, we haven't played you guys for a while and it looks like the program might be making a comeback. Back to chili, I use Cilantro on some things but too much of it is bad. It is kind of an acquired taste.

My wife, from Boston, doesn't like it. I grew up eating Mexican food so it comes natural to me.

cx500d
October 15th, 2017, 03:39 PM
My wife, from Boston, doesn't like it. I grew up eating Mexican food so it comes natural to me.

Personally I can't stand cilantro. There's something about the taste the is off-putting to me.

Paladin1aa
October 15th, 2017, 05:15 PM
Chili needs cilantro, chili pepper and some hot peppers with your beans and ground beef. Raw onions and shredded cheese on top. Yummy

caribbeanhen
October 15th, 2017, 05:19 PM
Is it just me or does Deluca look like he has lost some speed?

hes no Troy Reeder

dewey
October 15th, 2017, 08:17 PM
Here is the post game press conference with Youngstown State head coach Bo Pelini. He is a dang good football coach.

https://youtu.be/8R8OM40SUHo

Here is the post game interview with NDSU head coach Chris Klieman.

https://youtu.be/X98fvVEluU0

Good game by both teams.

Dewey

cx500d
October 15th, 2017, 08:52 PM
Here is the post game press conference with Youngstown State head coach Bo Pelini. He is a dang good football coach.

https://youtu.be/8R8OM40SUHo

Here is the post game interview with NDSU head coach Chris Klieman.

https://youtu.be/X98fvVEluU0

Good game by both teams.

Dewey

Pelini was a lot calmer and composed in this one than the one last time we played there.

I wish the people asking questions would speak into a mic

IBleedYellow
October 16th, 2017, 08:20 AM
Bo is a damn good coach. Period.

His antics may precede him, but that doesn't take away his ability to coach at all.

Bison56
October 16th, 2017, 08:46 AM
hes no Troy Reeder

https://media.tenor.com/images/d25af068a31cad8667255566d462fcb5/tenor.gif (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwi9yaLIo_XWAhUoj1QKHRGYCBkQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftenor.com%2Fview%2Ffap-gif-4821523&psig=AOvVaw0KabeLQYNKNltmsMtJLqOV&ust=1508247938455693)

penguinpower
October 16th, 2017, 06:21 PM
listening to Pelini's radio show and he is having a love affair with Easton Stick

Winterborn
October 16th, 2017, 06:23 PM
Penguin fans - How long do you think Pelini sticks around?

BisonTru
October 16th, 2017, 06:44 PM
Penguin fans - How long do you think Pelini sticks around?

February 2019

ST_Lawson
October 16th, 2017, 07:16 PM
February 2019

I assume that's when the payments from Nebraska stop, right?

If he gets YSU back into the playoffs, and especially if they have another deep run, I don't see how he doesn't get interest from at least some mid-level FBS teams. Maybe not B10, but I could see a lower-level ACC team going for him maybe.

BisonTru
October 16th, 2017, 07:22 PM

If he gets YSU back into the playoffs, and especially if they have another deep run, I don't see how he doesn't get interest from at least some mid-level FBS teams. Maybe not B10, but I could see a lower-level ACC team going for him maybe.

Yep, the payments stop then. He gets 1.5 mil a year or 126,000 a month. Any team that wants him may have to beat out that. Plus the 300K iirc that YSU is paying him and any buyout in his contract.

Winterborn
October 16th, 2017, 07:26 PM

If he gets YSU back, are they going to pony up some more cash to keep him around? Or is it pretty much a forgone conclusion that he is back to the bigger leagues? (Questions not necessarily directed at you ST_Lawson, just trying to see what people are thinking. xscanx )

I agree in that some mid-level FBS teams are probably going to want to take a look at him, but was curious if YSU would even make an offer or just go on to somebody else.

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2017, 07:46 PM
If he gets YSU back, are they going to pony up some more cash to keep him around? Or is it pretty much a forgone conclusion that he is back to the bigger leagues? (Questions not necessarily directed at you ST_Lawson, just trying to see what people are thinking. xscanx )

I agree in that some mid-level FBS teams are probably going to want to take a look at him, but was curious if YSU would even make an offer or just go on to somebody else.

Considering Tressel runs the program and the stunt that Bo just pulled with the rapist, I don't see how any team with a moral compass offers him a contract. He shot himself in the foot with that incident and it could be awhile be another option opens up that is comparable to Nebraska. Just remember, Pelini and Tressel can do no wrong at YSU and as long as they win and unfortunately, that's all that will matter in the end to some YSU fans.

That's just my xtwocentsx

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2017, 08:02 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/d25af068a31cad8667255566d462fcb5/tenor.gif (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwi9yaLIo_XWAhUoj1QKHRGYCBkQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftenor.com%2Fview%2Ffap-gif-4821523&psig=AOvVaw0KabeLQYNKNltmsMtJLqOV&ust=1508247938455693)

He's just trolling another Bison/Valley thread.

DeLuca is getting back to 100%.

It will be fun to see the WIU LB this weekend. Hes really good but DeLuca is a step above him.

penguinpower
October 16th, 2017, 09:33 PM
not sure what Pelini does. but he likes what he's doing with less media

dewey
October 16th, 2017, 09:38 PM

I know YSU is 3 and 3 but I think they win out and make the playoffs. They would be a dangerous team with their physical brand of football, really good defense and significant playoff experience.

Dewey

BisonTru
October 16th, 2017, 09:42 PM

With Bo's Nebraska deal I don't think Youngstown needs to do anything. If someone wants to come after him with something that would make him give up part or all of what he is getting from Nebraska that would be so far out of YSU's range they'd just have to part with him. Next year though they may want to get something done that would put some buyout money back to YSU if he leaves.

ST_Lawson
October 16th, 2017, 10:04 PM
... I don't see how any team with a moral compass offers him a contract...

I'm sure that narrows it down some, but I feel like there's at least a few out there that are willing to give it a go.

Now, idk if he'd be interested in leaving if YSU writes him a high-end (for FCS) offer...but if someone comes at him with Nebraska-type money...idk.

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2017, 10:32 PM
I'm sure that narrows it down some, but I feel like there's at least a few out there that are willing to give it a go.

Now, idk if he'd be interested in leaving if YSU writes him a high-end (for FCS) offer...but if someone comes at him with Nebraska-type money...idk.

Money talks and BS walks. Sure if you offer him Saban, Harbaugh, Franklin money then I bet he walks, but why would he want to leave when he is making millions to coach and FCS team where he can go all Mike Leach/Bobby Knight on his players and the administration will look the other way? I just don't see how uproar does not happen if some big school offers him a contract and the story surfaces. One of two outcomes happens: they did not research him enough and therefore are an incompetent administration OR they did research him enough and his past is no big deal.

The biggest issue I have is this. I am just using this as an example to prove a point. I am not going to go into this issue, but, that Tracey Claeys (I think that is how you spell it) stood by his players at Minnesota as they were being charged by the University for "Violating the Code of Conduct" even though the authorities refused to press charges on 2 separate occasions citing a lack of evidence and he was fired. Now I am not going to go into it at all as to what may or may not have happened but if a man like this gets fired for backing his players right to protest the game since their teammates were being suspended for the bowl game due to a lack of evidence and pressure from Title IX, how much worse would it look when someone like Pelini has this on his resume? That is just me, but again, I am not going into the whole Minnesota ordeal as to what I believe happened, but if a guy like Claeys is out of a job for what he did, how does Pelini stack-up against the competition.

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2017, 10:37 PM
Money talks and BS walks. Sure if you offer him Saban, Harbaugh, Franklin money then I bet he walks, but why would he want to leave when he is making millions to coach and FCS team where he can go all Mike Leach/Bobby Knight on his players and the administration will look the other way? I just don't see how uproar does not happen if some big school offers him a contract and the story surfaces. One of two outcomes happens: they did not research him enough and therefore are an incompetent administration OR they did research him enough and his past is no big deal.

The biggest issue I have is this. I am just using this as an example to prove a point. I am not going to go into this issue, but, that Tracey Claeys (I think that is how you spell it) stood by his players at Minnesota as they were being charged by the University for "Violating the Code of Conduct" even though the authorities refused to press charges on 2 separate occasions citing a lack of evidence and he was fired. Now I am not going to go into it at all as to what may or may not have happened but if a man like this gets fired for backing his players right to protest the game since their teammates were being suspended for the bowl game due to a lack of evidence and pressure from Title IX, how much worse would it look when someone like Pelini has this on his resume? That is just me, but again, I am not going into the whole Minnesota ordeal as to what I believe happened, but if a guy like Claeys is out of a job for what he did, how does Pelini stack-up against the competition.

Personally, I think Pelini is straight trash and should be canned for what he has done and will continue to do, but until people say enough is enough, people like him will continue to exist at the cost of "winning".

ST_Lawson
October 16th, 2017, 10:38 PM

The biggest issue I have is that Tracey Claeys (I think that is how you spell it) stood by his players at Minnesota even though the authorities refused to press charges on 2 separate occasions citing a lack of evidence and he was fired. Now I am not going to go into it at all as to what may or may not have happened but if a man like this gets fired for backing his players right to protest the game since their teammates were being suspended for the bowl game due to a lack of evidence and pressure from Title IX, how much worse would it look when someone like Pelini has this on his resume? That is just me, but again, I am not going into the whole Minnesota ordeal as to what I believe happened, but if a guy like Claeys is out of a job for what he did, how does Pelini stack-up against the competition.

I mean after the Nebraska money runs out and all YSU can offer him is...idk...250k maybe? I'm sure he sticks around at least as long as Nebraska is paying 85% of his salary though...no reason to head elsewhere at this point.

Personally, I think Pelini is straight trash and should be canned for what he has done and will continue to do, but until people say enough is enough, people like him will continue to exist at the cost of "winning".

I don't disagree with you at all on that point.

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2017, 11:03 PM
I mean after the Nebraska money runs out and all YSU can offer him is...idk...250k maybe? I'm sure he sticks around at least as long as Nebraska is paying 85% of his salary though...no reason to head elsewhere at this point.

I don't disagree with you at all on that point.

By 2019, people will forget the incident until gets brought back into the limelight since someone will bring it up and he might be blackballed from coaching big time football again. Now there will always be the Alabama's, LSUs, OSUs, USCs, etc... who turn a blind eye to justice and only care about winning so they only way I can see him going to a P5 school is if that school only cares about FBS titles and nothing else, otherwise, he will be scrutinized like no other.

Yote84
October 17th, 2017, 11:59 AM

I agree.

If Lane Kiffin got a 3rd shot and Steve Sarkesian is still coaching Pelini will get another shot if he wants it.

Schism55
October 17th, 2017, 02:54 PM
I agree.

If Lane Kiffin got a 3rd shot and Steve Sarkesian is still coaching Pelini will get another shot if he wants it.
Without question this ^^. Enjoy this season and the next Penguin fans, Pelini will be coaching an FBS team in '19.

ST_Lawson
October 17th, 2017, 03:40 PM
I agree.

Also submitted for your consideration...Bobby Petrino.

UNIFanSince1983
October 17th, 2017, 03:47 PM
Also submitted for your consideration...Bobby Petrino.

Rick Pitino (well until they had no choice with the FBI allegations).

If someone can coach it doesn't matter they will get opportunities. Unless they are so so abhorrent like say Art Briles.

ST_Lawson
October 17th, 2017, 03:49 PM
Rick Pitino (well until they had no choice with the FBI allegations).

If someone can coach it doesn't matter they will get opportunities. Unless they are so so abhorrent like say Art Briles.

I say give the Briles thing another couple of years to simmer down and I bet someone will give him a shot, assuming he didn't just decide to retire (he's 61).