Goerdert hot dogging and loses fumble.

Schism55
September 30th, 2017, 06:22 PM
YSU methodical march down the field.
7-0 Penguins
3:05 1st

Thumper 76
September 30th, 2017, 06:23 PM
Ohhhh Thumpers sandbagging.....or not. Not even a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schism55
September 30th, 2017, 06:41 PM
Jacks TD. 7-7
Sorry didn't see method, GF yapping away xlolx

X-Factor
September 30th, 2017, 06:45 PM
I knew the Jacks D was weak, but my gawd...

Schism55
September 30th, 2017, 06:47 PM
14-7 Penguins

The Yo Show
September 30th, 2017, 06:47 PM
Mostly all run plays. Good game so far. 14 to 7 ysu

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 30th, 2017, 06:48 PM
Running game working for YSU....

mmiller_34
September 30th, 2017, 06:51 PM
8-3 or 7-4 I think is the best I can hope for with our defense.

X-Factor
September 30th, 2017, 06:59 PM
SDSU gets a stop! But why did YSU pass when they were gashing the run?

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 30th, 2017, 07:01 PM
8-3 or 7-4 I think is the best I can hope for with our defense.

Not with that offense.

JimmyJack
September 30th, 2017, 07:08 PM
Not with that offense.

They have barely breathed on Christion all night. So naturally you shelve the downfield passing game and start throwing swing passes. This is the kind of stuff that drives Jacks fans crazy.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 30th, 2017, 07:18 PM
Wow....missed points there for YSU....xsmhx

penguinpower
September 30th, 2017, 07:19 PM
backup QB. huge mistake

Schism55
September 30th, 2017, 07:19 PM
Utter fail 'Guins...wtf

IBleedYellow
September 30th, 2017, 07:20 PM
So the clock is literally a video of the scoreboard that they overlay into the feed. Lol it looks bad.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

X-Factor
Must have taken a page from the NDSU 2 minute drill xlolx

POD Knows
WTF Youngstown. Throw the ball in the end zone.

mmiller_34
September 30th, 2017, 07:21 PM
Somehow we are only down 7 at halftime. I hope the men do some serious soul searching at half and come out with some fire.

penguinpower
September 30th, 2017, 07:27 PM
That was as bad as a turnover

mmiller_34
September 30th, 2017, 07:27 PM
Not with that offense.

What offense are you watching? I haven't seen our O that has been advertised.

Kemo
September 30th, 2017, 07:28 PM
They have barely breathed on Christion all night. So naturally you shelve the downfield passing game and start throwing swing passes. This is the kind of stuff that drives Jacks fans crazy.
God this is so true. Tons of time for intermediate and deep throws with some of the best weapons in the FCS. Why would we possibly do that?

penguinpower
September 30th, 2017, 07:29 PM
I'll take your offense. It is fantastic and dangerous

Kemo
September 30th, 2017, 07:30 PM
Hats off to YSU fans for showing up. This is easily the best crowd I've seen in attendance at Stambaugh since SDSU joined the MVFC.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 30th, 2017, 07:31 PM
What offense are you watching? I haven't seen our O that has been advertised.

YSU has a pretty good defense. SDSU will not go 7-4 with that explosive offense. Tip the hat to YSU's defense in the 1st half.

Maybe the Jacks will come out and throw more to Jake and Dallas...

Evolution Prime
September 30th, 2017, 07:32 PM
How the MVFC sees the SDSU defense...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/EvolutionPrime/Mobile%20Uploads/tumblr_ng0rpbPZId1u0zuyso1_500_zpsmimx66ws.gif

JimmyJack
September 30th, 2017, 07:32 PM

We only use the downfield pitch and catch to Wieneke and Goedert to set up the swing passes for -2 yards. It's genius.

Kemo
September 30th, 2017, 07:33 PM
It can be when used right. Looks like how Farley handled David Johnson so far this game. Leave the handcuffs to the police and the BDSM enthusiasts.

mmiller_34
September 30th, 2017, 07:38 PM
We only use the downfield pitch and catch to Wieneke and Goedert to set up the swing passes for -2 yards. It's genius.

#BringBackTheWildcat or whatever we called it.

Kemo
September 30th, 2017, 07:40 PM
#BringBackTheWildcat or whatever we called it.
We called it the "Flash Package" because our playoff life flashed before our eyes every time we ran it.

Professor Chaos
September 30th, 2017, 07:46 PM
I have a feeling those points left on the field at the end of the half will come back to haunt YSU.

penguinpower
September 30th, 2017, 07:51 PM
YSU defense playing well right now

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 30th, 2017, 07:51 PM
I have a feeling those points left on the field at the end of the half will come back to haunt YSU.

Agree, especially with two evenly matched teams.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 30th, 2017, 07:56 PM
YSU looking good mixing it up offensively.

Thumper 76
September 30th, 2017, 07:56 PM
YSU has a pretty good defense. SDSU will not go 7-4 with that explosive offense. Tip the hat to YSU's defense in the 1st half.

Maybe the Jacks will come out and throw more to Jake and Dallas...
I’m not seeing a great offense.....or defense.

Sure doesn’t look like either of those things right now....

penguinpower
September 30th, 2017, 08:01 PM
stupid throw

Schism55
YSU leaving more points out there, oof.

mmiller_34
Alright 99 yard drive here. Lets go.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 30th, 2017, 08:03 PM
Safety for YSU

NoVABison
September 30th, 2017, 08:04 PM
Safety... kinda saw that one coming

mmiller_34
September 30th, 2017, 08:04 PM
Awesome. Stig has never heard of a QB sneak.

JimmyJack
September 30th, 2017, 08:06 PM
I hate the shotgun in that situation. Let's snap it five yards back and hope our guys can hold blocks long enough to get to the line of scrimmage.

But we don't ever go under center. So, perhaps don't run it there. YSU teeing off. Move Christion around or something.

penguinpower
YSU backup QB is hurt

cx500d
Awesome. Stig has never heard of a QB sneak.

They should have called that fake fg play

penguinpower
September 30th, 2017, 08:07 PM
Star TE Raider is hurt

penguinpower
September 30th, 2017, 08:08 PM
YSU should be up by 17 points right now

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 30th, 2017, 08:10 PM
Ground and pound for YSU. Good rushing attack.

penguinpower
September 30th, 2017, 08:10 PM
now getting 7 yards a carry with everyone in the box.

IBleedYellow
September 30th, 2017, 08:11 PM
YSU defense be spooky.

penguinpower
September 30th, 2017, 08:15 PM
if YSU can hold them under 20 from their average of 43 points per game they will win

penguinpower
September 30th, 2017, 08:16 PM
every time I think YSU is asserting themselves they don't

penguinpower
September 30th, 2017, 08:20 PM
if YSU wins they could have the most significant win

- - - Updated - - -

another injury. damn. this game is taking a toll on the Penguins

Twentysix
September 30th, 2017, 08:23 PM
Is the game just cutting out?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Bison56
Wtf is the deal with ESPN 3 today, or is it just me that it keeps cutting out on?

Twentysix
As the kicker planted his foot it cut to an ESPN logo LMAO

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

cx500d
September 30th, 2017, 08:25 PM
Wtf is the deal with ESPN 3 today, or is it just me that it keeps cutting out on?

It’s just you. I’m multicasting SDSU, Sammy, and Siu on my Apple TV. If one freezes, I deselect and deselect and it’s fine then

X-Factor
September 30th, 2017, 08:27 PM
Taryn is not looking so good since the end of the first quarter

X-Factor
September 30th, 2017, 08:29 PM
It’s just you. I’m multicasting SDSU, Sammy, and Siu on my Apple TV. If one freezes, I deselect and deselect and it’s fine then

No, ESPN3 is having some issues right now. But just reload it and it’s fine

penguinpower
September 30th, 2017, 08:30 PM
Damn the offense is moving it

Bison56
September 30th, 2017, 08:31 PM

It's only doing it for this game, the others are working fine for me. Just annoying when the kicker plants his foot and it cuts out xdrunkyx

TheKingpin28
September 30th, 2017, 08:32 PM
How do you let that slip out of the hands and then go and get that INT?

penguinpower
September 30th, 2017, 08:32 PM
wow Pick!

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 30th, 2017, 08:33 PM
YSU INT....

penguinpower
September 30th, 2017, 08:40 PM
big play to get the first down

Mayville Bison
September 30th, 2017, 08:40 PM
3rd and 11...scramble for 13

Been that kind of a day for the Jacks

X-Factor
September 30th, 2017, 08:42 PM
Well, YSU just blowing up the Jacks front 7.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 30th, 2017, 08:43 PM
YSU's OL just manhandled the Jacks front 7....

penguinpower
September 30th, 2017, 08:43 PM
what a run by McAster

IBleedYellow
September 30th, 2017, 08:44 PM
Welp.

Thumper wasn't sandbagging. Sorry bud m

penguinpower
September 30th, 2017, 08:46 PM
ball game

- - - Updated - - -

7 points. never thought that would happen

penguinpower
September 30th, 2017, 08:47 PM
I think YSU is legit

Thumper 76
September 30th, 2017, 08:51 PM
Welp.

Thumper wasn't sandbagging. Sorry bud m

I don’t sandbag.

I think YSU is legit

SDSU is not

penguinpower
September 30th, 2017, 08:52 PM
YSU held the ball for more than 45 minutes

Evolution Prime
September 30th, 2017, 08:52 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/EvolutionPrime/Mobile%20Uploads/sefk2_zpsadboo3wl.jpg

penguinpower
September 30th, 2017, 08:53 PM
may have been just a bad game. Travel to the far areas of the conference is tough

semobison
September 30th, 2017, 08:56 PM
YSU held the ball for more than 45 minutes

Great game by the Guins! The only thing I would be worried about is they left a bunch of points on the field.

Paladin1aa
September 30th, 2017, 08:59 PM
Good win as long as they don't choke on an easy one.

TheKingpin28
September 30th, 2017, 08:59 PM
I don’t sandbag.

SDSU is not

God I am going to regret saying this, but I was wrong.

penguinpower
September 30th, 2017, 09:06 PM
Great game by the Guins! The only thing I would be worried about is they left a bunch of points on the field.

The back-up QB made too many mistakes. Hopefully he learns from this

SoupCity85
September 30th, 2017, 09:14 PM
Hahahahahahahahahaha......PN and Pally....YSU wins, YSU wins.......hahahahahahahahahahaha. You two are YSUs GREATEST FANS EVER!!!!! Oh ****, you picked them to lose, I forgot!!!! Ye of little faith.

Bison56
September 30th, 2017, 09:21 PM
Hahahahahahahahahaha......PN and Pally....YSU wins, YSU wins.......hahahahahahahahahahaha. You two are YSUs GREATEST FANS EVER!!!!! Oh ****, you picked them to lose, I forgot!!!! Ye of little faith.

I remember when I was 12.

BisonFan02
September 30th, 2017, 09:21 PM

k

ytownchief22
September 30th, 2017, 09:24 PM
Great win. Controlled the ball all day long which is what you needed to do to keep their offense off the field. Safety was the biggest play of the game (Obviously). Feeling good right now but still some things to work on.

penguinpower
September 30th, 2017, 09:25 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a game where one team had the ball for 27 min and 10 seconds out of 30 min in the second half in my entire life and I'm no spring chicken

penguinpower
September 30th, 2017, 09:28 PM
There's not doubt about it. SDSU is a tough and dangerous team. It was just a bad night for them. I expect them to be in the mix. Mark my words

CappinHard
September 30th, 2017, 09:37 PM
What in the actual **** just happened in that game? I don't want to take too much away from YSU because they are obviously a very good team that has a legit shot at winning the conference and going deep again. Having said that... Holy hell was that a poorly coached game. Our D coordinator must be a glutton for punishment, because the defense was taking it up the *** all night and he didn't change a thing until late in the game. At that point, the defense was gassed from being on the field 3/4 of the game, so it didn't matter. I swear, the next time I see us sitting in our base defense and only rushing 4 guys and playing a soft zone defense, I'm going to go over the rail, find our D coordinator, take his head set and tell him to go home and get a ****** clue. The coaches will get a pass because YSU is a good team and in the top 10, but our coaches didn't even give our players a chance to succeed.

CappinHard
September 30th, 2017, 09:41 PM
Continuing rant: How the **** does Stig not use our timeouts? We were only down by 2 scores, that last drive ate up over 8 minutes of clock. You're telling me that you didn't find one opportunity to not only stop the clock, but give the defense that had been on the field practically the whole game, a break? Completely inexcusable.

Thumper 76
September 30th, 2017, 09:46 PM
What in the actual **** just happened in that game? I don't want to take too much away from YSU because they are obviously a very good team that has a legit shot at winning the conference and going deep again. Having said that... Holy hell was that a poorly coached game. Our D coordinator must be a glutton for punishment, because the defense was taking it up the *** all night and he didn't change a thing until late in the game. At that point, the defense was gassed from being on the field 3/4 of the game, so it didn't matter. I swear, the next time I see us sitting in our base defense and only rushing 4 guys and playing a soft zone defense, I'm going to go over the rail, find our D coordinator, take his head set and tell him to go home and get a ****** clue. The coaches will get a pass because YSU is a good team and in the top 10, but our coaches didn't even give our players a chance to succeed.

YSU skull ****ed us and made us their bitch. Pure and simple. ****ing embarrassing game. If anyone has SDSU ranked higher than 15 you deserve to lose your voting privileges. Don’t be dumb. Drop SDSU like a rock.

CappinHard
September 30th, 2017, 09:50 PM
YSU skull ****ed us and made us their bitch. Pure and simple. ****ing embarrassing game. If anyone has SDSU ranked higher than 15 you deserve to lose your voting privileges. Don’t be dumb. Drop SDSU like a rock.

I agree. Paper ****ing tiger. Absolutely terrible performance. Nowhere near a top 10 team. It's one thing to lose to a top 10 team... It's another to get completely dominated. Right now I would be surprised if we finish better than the bottom 3 of the conference, no exaggeration.

BisonFan02
September 30th, 2017, 09:51 PM

I agree. Paper ****ing tiger. Absolutely terrible performance. Nowhere near a top 10 team. It's one thing to lose to a top 10 team... It's another to get completely dominated. Right now I would be surprised if we finish better than the bottom 3 of the conference, no exaggeration.

You guys go hug it out. Self imposed 24 hour rule. :D

Bisonator
September 30th, 2017, 09:53 PM
Yeah keep blaming the defense. Where was that high powered offense you guys are supposed to have, maybe want to ask them to score more then 7 ****ing points. xlolx

Thumper 76
September 30th, 2017, 09:56 PM
Yeah keep blaming the defense. Where was that high powered offense you guys are supposed to have, maybe want to ask them to score more then 7 ****ing points. xlolx

Did you watch that game? The entire team was awful but the defense got drug up and down the field like they were a scout team defense.

CappinHard
September 30th, 2017, 09:56 PM

I could use a hug right now. I've never had so little fun watching an SDSU football game. Honestly, you get the ball at the 1 yard line and you run a draw play from shotgun... REALLY... That's the best idea you could come up with?! Awesome.

POD Knows
September 30th, 2017, 09:58 PM
Did you watch that game? The entire team was awful but the defense got drug up and down the field like they were a scout team defense.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI was sort of watching the game on and off, did YSU only throw one pass in the second half and have the ball for 27 minutes, is that even possible.

CappinHard
September 30th, 2017, 09:58 PM

That's going to happen when the defense can't get the ball back to you, then when they do, the coaches call swing passes, TE screens, and mother ****ing draw plays out of shotgun from the 1 yard line. The offensive play calling was, well, offensive. That's putting it nicely. There's plenty of blame to go around. The defense and especially D coordinator take the cake though.

Bisonator
September 30th, 2017, 09:59 PM

Yeah well it's not like your offense didn't get the ball. What did they do with it?

penguinpower
September 30th, 2017, 10:01 PM
I was sort of watching the game on and off, did YSU only throw one pass in the second half and have the ball for 27 minutes, is that even possible.

yes....it is possible. I had to look at it again as well. They couldn't stop the YSU running game.

BisonFan02
September 30th, 2017, 10:05 PM
yes....it is possible. I had to look at it again as well. They couldn't stop the YSU running game.

https://i.imgur.com/YlnEefC.gif

Bisonator
September 30th, 2017, 10:06 PM
Didn't Roseblossom try to twist any ankles? xcoffeex

cx500d
September 30th, 2017, 10:07 PM

No tongue though

CappinHard
September 30th, 2017, 10:07 PM
https://i.imgur.com/YlnEefC.gif

I would too if I was a bison fan. YSU basically bison'd us. You would think as much as we see it that we would be equipped to stop it or at least have a plan in place, rather than looking completely inept.

goyotes
September 30th, 2017, 10:08 PM
Just checked the game stats and SDSU's total time of possession in the second half was 3 minutes and 36 seconds.

POD Knows
September 30th, 2017, 10:08 PM
yes....it is possible. I had to look at it again as well. They couldn't stop the YSU running game.Yea, the score was way closer than this actual game was, total domination from what I saw. I did check the stats, YSU had the ball for 45 minutes in the game, SDSU was defenseless against the run.

Drblankstare
September 30th, 2017, 10:09 PM
Excuse my ignorance, I was unfortunately busy, so I have no idea how SDSU was held to 7 points. Crib notes please

CappinHard
September 30th, 2017, 10:10 PM
Just checked the game stats and SDSU's total time of possession in the second half was 3 minutes and 36 seconds.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/3oeSAD00YsGzUPTmqA/giphy.gif

POD Knows
September 30th, 2017, 10:11 PM
I would too if I was a bison fan. YSU basically bison'd us. You would think as much as we see it that we would be equipped to stop it or at least have a plan in place, rather than looking completely inept.I would still rather play YSU than SDSU, YSU is pretty one dimensional but ****, did your guys D look bad.

POD Knows
September 30th, 2017, 10:12 PM
Excuse my ignorance, I was unfortunately busy, so I have no idea how SDSU was held to 7 points. Crib notes pleaseThey had the ball for 3 minutes in the second half I guess. At one time in the game I heard the announcer state that YSU had ran 70+ plays to SDSU's 30 or something like that.

TheKingpin28
September 30th, 2017, 10:33 PM
#bookit comes through yet again.

POD Knows
September 30th, 2017, 10:39 PM
#bookit comes through yet again.****, I wouldn't have had to waste my karma on this game, should have saved it for later.

TennBison
September 30th, 2017, 10:48 PM
Excuse my ignorance, I was unfortunately busy, so I have no idea how SDSU was held to 7 points. Crib notes pleaseQuite easy actually, YSU didn't let them score any more after their first touchdown. SDSU would run a play and YSU would stop them, that was the plan. The entire football world is going to adopt this idea and try to implement it into their game plans starting next week. NDSU however will not need to make this change as they have been doing this since the 2011 season.

Schism55
September 30th, 2017, 11:09 PM
1. YSU O line is really good and their backs run with purpose.
2. YSU secondary played really well.
3. YU QB didn't hurt them with bad plays.
You will beat a lot of teams with that recipe.

UNIFanSince1983
September 30th, 2017, 11:12 PM
Pelini might be an asshole, but the guy can coach football.

Daved
September 30th, 2017, 11:41 PM
may have been just a bad game. Travel to the far areas of the conference is toughNo doubt it wasn't their day---they usually kick our butts quite handily every time that they travel here though.

RowdyRabbit
October 1st, 2017, 06:06 AM
Took the family to the Twins baseball game last night. Glad I missed this one!

TheKingpin28
October 1st, 2017, 09:30 AM
****, I wouldn't have had to waste my karma on this game, should have saved it for later.

You did your job though. Now to do this to YSU and make everyone happy.

POD Knows
October 1st, 2017, 09:36 AM
You did your job though. Now to do this to YSU and make everyone happy.I have to use them strategically, I have great powers but they are limited.

TheKingpin28
October 1st, 2017, 09:38 AM
I have to use them strategically, I have great powers but they are limited.

You need another Caesar and all will be well. Remember what happened last year when you did NOT use your powers? (Think a certain semi-final game)

cx500d
October 1st, 2017, 09:39 AM

Do you feel weak and depleted after burning one of them?

POD Knows
October 1st, 2017, 09:49 AM
Do you feel weak and depleted after burning one of them?Actually I do, I have a headache and am really tired today. A tiny piece of me dies when I employ the power. I haven't really seen anything on the schedule that requires my gift for a while and I am not sure sure why I burned one on this game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 1st, 2017, 09:57 AM

xlolx

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26199&stc=1

Is #bookit still 100%???

Thumper 76
October 1st, 2017, 10:39 AM
After sleeping on it, I have thought more about this game. Some general thoughts I have:

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/puking_brian.gif

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/putersmash.gif

https://media.tenor.com/images/189027663145f856f1f3ab1a465c8f7b/tenor.gif

TheKingpin28
October 1st, 2017, 11:00 AM
After sleeping on it, I have thought more about this game. Some general thoughts I have:

Needs moar cowbell.

Evolution Prime
October 1st, 2017, 11:50 AM

My I also add

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/EvolutionPrime/Mobile%20Uploads/tenor%204_zpswe7yqri0.gif

cx500d
October 1st, 2017, 12:50 PM
My I also add

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/EvolutionPrime/Mobile%20Uploads/tenor%204_zpswe7yqri0.gif

Not the obvious one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9wsjroVlu8

Thumper 76
October 1st, 2017, 12:52 PM
Not the obvious one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9wsjroVlu8

We leave the obvious things to Bison fans xnodx

cx500d
October 1st, 2017, 12:53 PM

Oh, you mean like defining a successful season by winning?

TheKingpin28
October 1st, 2017, 12:59 PM

Leave the wabbits alone. They need their safe space with their 1 trophy.

Thumper 76
October 1st, 2017, 01:18 PM

xcoffeex oh very inventive

Daved
October 1st, 2017, 05:01 PM
Pelini might be an asshole, but the guy can coach football.Being in Lincoln,no doubt you have seen this first-hand.

UNIFanSince1983
October 1st, 2017, 07:17 PM
Being in Lincoln,no doubt you have seen this first-hand.

I mean the guy never won less than 9 games in 7 seasons. Now Husker fans do expect more than that, but I do believe he would still be the coach if he wasn't such an asshole. And if some of those audio tapes hadn't been leaked. Of course that is exactly why they hired Mike Riley as he is the complete antithesis of Bo Pelini.

ysubigred
October 2nd, 2017, 07:58 AM
Thanks to the SDSU fans that showed up in Y-town. You all were outstanding citizens xbowx Traveling that distance it appeared to be about 2-300 of you all.

The game was not at all what I expected, on the way out of the stadium I mentioned to my brother; "how could I feel so disappointed with a win over a top 5 team"? two things below was my initial thoughts.

1. The defense looked great!

2. YSU offense was way too lean and left too many points on the field!?!

48 Hours later:

1. YSU's defense looked great!

2. YSU's offense was it's best defense 45 mins time of possession is what the doctor ordered against the Jacks Offense.

3. "IF" Bo had a sweater vest on I'd say damn Tress got taller xthumbsupx That Guins team looked like a early 90's version of YSU football.

Hats off to the jacks xnodx You all are a good team and I expect to see you all again "IF" we make it to the field of 24.

Carry on xsalutex

Forgot to add SDSU has some BIGGG kids WOW YSU seen little compared to them xawesomex

Penguin Nation
October 2nd, 2017, 09:36 AM
Had Wells not been injured, it would be a very different outcome. Mays was able to sustain drives by rushing for multiple first downs and even a TD, and was the second leading rusher w/ over 100 yards. Wells typically has negative rushing yards, not infrequently -30 or more (NDSU, JMU in 2016). In 2016, Mays was a higher ranked passer than Wells. SDSU (and a few other MVFC teams) are better than Pitt IMO, but using an elusive QB with escapability makes the offense so much more dangerous, and is a game changer in these top tier match-ups. The lost points at he end of the first half was a coaching/play-calling issue, not an execution issue. Not going for 3 was idiotic.

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2017, 10:12 AM
Thanks to the SDSU fans that showed up in Y-town. You all were outstanding citizens xbowx Traveling that distance it appeared to be about 2-300 of you all.

The game was not at all what I expected, on the way out of the stadium I mentioned to my brother; "how could I feel so disappointed with a win over a top 5 team"? two things below was my initial thoughts.

1. The defense looked great!

2. YSU offense was way too lean and left too many points on the field!?!

48 Hours later:

1. YSU's defense looked great!

2. YSU's offense was it's best defense 45 mins time of possession is what the doctor ordered against the Jacks Offense.

3. "IF" Bo had a sweater vest on I'd say damn Tress got taller xthumbsupx That Guins team looked like a early 90's version of YSU football.

Hats off to the jacks xnodx You all are a good team and I expect to see you all again "IF" we make it to the field of 24.

Carry on xsalutex

Forgot to add SDSU has some BIGGG kids WOW YSU seen little compared to them xawesomex

This guy was big too but very soft

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26205&stc=1

ysubigred
October 2nd, 2017, 10:23 AM
Had Wells not been injured, it would be a very different outcome. Mays was able to sustain drives by rushing for multiple first downs and even a TD, and was the second leading rusher w/ over 100 yards. Wells typically has negative rushing yards, not infrequently -30 or more (NDSU, JMU in 2016). In 2016, Mays was a higher ranked passer than Wells. SDSU (and a few other MVFC teams) are better than Pitt IMO, but using an elusive QB with escapability makes the offense so much more dangerous, and is a game changer in these top tier match-ups. The lost points at he end of the first half was a coaching/play-calling issue, not an execution issue. Not going for 3 was idiotic.

YAWN!! Wells saved YSU's season last year. Maybe a healthy Wells and we'd won by 35??

Comparing apples to oranges.

Mays rushed for 65 yards against SDSU not for over a 100 xrolleyesx and his passers rating from last year was like 15 passes compare to Wells 200

I thought you were done with YSU?

ysubigred
October 2nd, 2017, 10:29 AM
This guy was big too but very soft

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26205&stc=1

LOL! Still scary :D

Penguin Nation
October 2nd, 2017, 10:40 AM
YAWN!! Well saved YSU's season last year. Maybe a healthy Wells and we'd won by 35??

Comparing apples to oranges.

Mays rushed for 65 yards against SDSU not for over a 100 xrolleyesx and his passers rating from last year was like 15 passes compare to Wells 200

I thought you were done with YSU?

Not rooting for Scumbag U, just making observations. I'm actually rooting for any opponent they face.

You are right, Mays rushed for 65, still is the second leading rusher, but the point is exactly the same....its easier to sustain drives and score with a player that produces positive yardage versus one that folds in the backfield.

Mays is a better passer. Look at 2016 regular season passing average and passing efficiency...Mays listed, not-so-Wells not. http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/16/ind-conf.pdf If you don't like the stats, take it up with the MVFC, maybe they can doctor them to get the results you want.

Professor Chaos
October 2nd, 2017, 10:49 AM
The lost points at he end of the first half was a coaching/play-calling issue, not an execution issue. Not going for 3 was idiotic.
It was absolutely an execution issue. First off, Mays has to know he should be very careful throwing it anywhere but the end zone in that situation without any timeouts. Second, the receiver had ample opportunity to get out of bounds but he tried to be the hero and went for 6. Bo had every right to bitch them both out after those boneheaded decisions.

ysubigred
October 2nd, 2017, 11:10 AM
Not rooting for Scumbag U, just making observations. I'm actually rooting for any opponent they face.

You are right, Mays rushed for 65, still is the second leading rusher, but the point is exactly the same....its easier to sustain drives and score with a player that produces positive yardage versus one that folds in the backfield.

Mays is a better passer. Look at 2016 regular season passing average and passing efficiency...Mays listed, not-so-Wells not. http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/16/ind-conf.pdf If you don't like the stats, take it up with the MVFC, maybe they can doctor them to get the results you want.

Please change your name to Scumbag Nation then, thanks xthumbsupx

I don't care what the MVFC says. Mays shouldn't even be listed because he didn't have many attempts compared to the rest on that list. Passers rating don't mean squat and again Wells saved our season last year. I like Mays don't get me wrong as I support this team.

Carry on xsalutex

Penguin Nation
October 2nd, 2017, 11:17 AM
Please change your name to Scumbag Nation then, thanks xthumbsupx

I don't care what the MVFC says. Mays shouldn't even be listed because he didn't have many attempts compared to the rest on that list. Passers rating don't mean squat and again Wells saved our season last year. I like Mays don't get me wrong as I support this team.

Carry on xsalutex

If I ever recruit gang rapists, or cheer for a team that does...then I'll consider it.

Penguin Nation
October 2nd, 2017, 11:21 AM
It was absolutely an execution issue. First off, Mays has to know he should be very careful throwing it anywhere but the end zone in that situation without any timeouts. Second, the receiver had ample opportunity to get out of bounds but he tried to be the hero and went for 6. Bo had every right to bitch them both out after those boneheaded decisions.

I get that the plan was if no TD then stop the clock by going out of bounds, but I wouldn't have taken that gamble and went for the 3. Wolford probably would've done the same thing, as he said "7>3"...but 3>0.

Professor Chaos
October 2nd, 2017, 11:24 AM
I get that the plan was if no TD then stop the clock by going out of bounds, but I wouldn't have taken that gamble and went for the 3. Wolford probably would've done the same thing, as he said "7>3"...but 3>0.
To each your own. I like the call to go for the TD there. It was 3rd and goal with 11 seconds left from the 5. That's more than enough time to take a shot at the end zone. The QB and the receivers not running patterns in the end zone just need to know that they absolutely cannot be tackled in the field of play.

The Yo Show
October 2nd, 2017, 11:28 AM
I was sitting close enough to the field on the home side. I heard Pelini screaming at Mays. He said, "what the hell was that? I told you, either throw it in the end zone or throw it away. No short throws and no running."

The Yo Show
October 2nd, 2017, 11:31 AM
Nation I don't disagree that we should have at least kicked the field goal, but I think if there was nothing there that play then we kick the field goal. Had no issue with going for the td that play. There was enough time for one more play. If we didn't get it then kick the field goal. In this case, we player execution hurt but I'm sure they won't make that mistake again. Plus they are college athletes so they're human and more bound to make mistakes like that being caught up in the moment. Bo even said in the post game press conference that he told Mays later he made mistakes like that too when he was a QB so.

ytownchief22
October 2nd, 2017, 11:32 AM
Mays shouldn't have thrown it short and McCaster just has to get out of bounds. Both at fault.... I've never seen a team control the ball like that in a long long time. Was great to watch.

Penguin Nation
October 2nd, 2017, 11:36 AM
I was sitting close enough to the field on the home side. I heard Pelini screaming at Mays. He said, "what the hell was that? I told you, either throw it in the end zone or throw it away. No short throws and no running."

He didn't really say "hell" tho, did he? :)

Penguin Nation
October 2nd, 2017, 11:40 AM
The Pitt game ended with an end-zone pic. The FG eliminated any of these risks, but yeah....if Mays defied the play called in and went his own way...it's partially on him.