PDA

View Full Version : James Madison at Delaware

DirtyDukes
September 25th, 2017, 11:13 AM
Renewal of an old rivalry. Pretty bummed I won't be in country to see it, but I'm expecting a similar game to the Maine game - low scoring close affair through 3 then the Dukes pull away in the 4th. Certainly not a guarantee by any means.

I'll say Dukes 28 Hens 6

GoBlueHens83
September 25th, 2017, 11:33 AM
Our offense is just not where it needs to be yet to keep up with JMU. Defense is our strong point, but I think they end up on the field for a long time because our offensive woes. Close at halftime, JMU pulls away late.

JMU 35
Hens 17

knit35
September 25th, 2017, 12:24 PM
Our offense is just not where it needs to be yet to keep up with JMU. Defense is our strong point, but I think they end up on the field for a long time because our offensive woes. Close at halftime, JMU pulls away late.

JMU 35
Hens 17

I think this is Fair. Id even go 28-17 or 35-10. Will be interesting what wrinkles Rocco and Houston have in store.

GoBlueHens83
September 25th, 2017, 01:32 PM
I think this is Fair. Id even go 28-17 or 35-10. Will be interesting what wrinkles Rocco and Houston have in store.

There's quite a few of our fans that think Rocco hasn't opened up the playbook much in our non-conference games. We will have to see if that's the case.

knit35
September 25th, 2017, 01:35 PM
There's quite a few of our fans that think Rocco hasn't opened up the playbook much in our non-conference games. We will have to see if that's the case.

I would be surprised if we didnt see something new in terms of play calls and formations from UD this weekend as well as well timed fake punt/field goals etc. Mix in a double pass and flea flicker. I would assume everything is on the table.

RootinFerDukes
September 25th, 2017, 01:51 PM
This game will likely have the same flow as the Maine game we just saw last week. An over commitment to stopping the run by UD. Everyone saying JMU sucks and NDSU is clearly already the champion.
Mid-3rd quarter, UD's defense will start to wear down due to being on the field so much and a 1 TD game cracks open to a final of 3-4 TD win for the Dukes.
The Blue Hens will need defensive scores to make this a football game, but Schor gives those out on occasion. Force him to throw a pass into triple coverage and there you go. Pick six.

Anthony215
September 25th, 2017, 02:31 PM
The key for UD will be to keep Joe Walker upright and for WR's to win matchups. JMU will commit to stopping the run and force them to beat them through the air.

DRDukes01
September 25th, 2017, 03:03 PM
UD will come out with something to prove at home in one of the biggest games they've had in a few years. JMU will see some new looks from Rocco and it will be a defensive battle during the first half with JMU heading into locker room with a small halftime lead. But UD will get worn down by our O and D lines and by the start of the 4th quarter JMU will be up a couple scores.

The real question is can UD's offense score more than 14 points, which is the most the JMU D has given up all year to a single opponent, and 7 of that was trash time at the end of the ECU game. I don't think they can and I am pretty sure that JMU's O can score at least 2 touchdowns. The last time they scored less was a 20 was JMU vs Maryland in Whither first game in 2014.

Dukes - 28
Blue Chickens - 10

Longhorn
September 25th, 2017, 07:55 PM

You honestly think UD's chances hinge on a yet to be used playbook? xrolleyesx

Nothing personal, but unless there is an explosion of turnovers (in UD's favor), the outcome will likely mirror last year's contest. UD will play tough. There's no doubt your guys want it, and you've improved your coaching situation, however, JMU's D is significantly improved over the team UD faced last year, and JMU's O is just as good. If UD can't protect your QB, or your D pressure Schor, it could turn into a rout. Best case scenario (in UD's favor) is a competitive loss ala Maine last week.

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 25th, 2017, 08:01 PM
JMU 31
Delaware 17

Daytripper
September 25th, 2017, 08:02 PM
I'm looking forward to this game.

Henny
September 25th, 2017, 08:48 PM
You honestly think UD's chances hinge on a yet to be used playbook? xrolleyesx

Nothing personal, but unless there is an explosion of turnovers (in UD's favor), the outcome will likely mirror last year's contest. UD will play tough. There's no doubt your guys want it, and you've improved your coaching situation, however, JMU's D is significantly improved over the team UD faced last year, and JMU's O is just as good. If UD can't protect your QB, or your D pressure Schor, it could turn into a rout. Best case scenario (in UD's favor) is a competitive loss ala Maine last week.

Installing plays in a bye week with an offensive coaching staff that is still coming together is, in fact entirely possible. JMU will see things UD hasn't run yet.

Delaware wont need an explosion of turnovers to beat JMU. All UD needs for this win is to not beat itself. Something that happened too often against VT. Otherwise, that was a competitive game. (check the total stats)

I suggest you get out of denial, understand UD football is back in business and listen to coach Houston who truly understands the challenge JMU faces Saturday.

Daytripper
September 25th, 2017, 08:52 PM
Installing plays in a bye week with an offensive coaching staff that is still coming together is, in fact entirely possible. JMU will see things UD hasn't run yet.

Delaware wont need an explosion of turnovers to beat JMU. All UD needs for this win is to not beat itself. Something that happened too often against VT. Otherwise, that was a competitive game. (check the total stats)

I suggest you get out of denial, understand UD football is back in business and listen to coach Houston who truly understands the challenge JMU faces Saturday.

Big talk. Hope you are right. FCS is better when UD is relevant. Plus I want a Keeler v. UD playoff matchup.

cx500d
September 25th, 2017, 09:13 PM
Unless the hens are willing to unleash the holy hand grenade of Antioch, I don’t think they will win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BNATION
September 26th, 2017, 09:46 AM
Hope this is a ball game... Too much Dukes for Del, my prediction...
JMU 37
Del 20

caribbeanhen
September 26th, 2017, 10:20 AM
James Madison Dukies jawl will drop.... Delaware in the upset

BNATION
September 26th, 2017, 10:47 AM
How you faring down in PR?

James Madison Dukies jawl will drop.... Delaware in the upset

jmu007
September 26th, 2017, 10:48 AM
Dude, you are all in on this. haha

My take, I have no idea what to expect out of this game. On paper, Dukes roll, but Delaware is always tough at home. I really don't care so long as Dukes win by 1.

caribbeanhen
September 26th, 2017, 10:58 AM
How you faring down in PR?

it's a good day, I was able to get online at the local mall, walking distance from house, long lines for everything, no water at Walgreens, no gas unless you want to get in line at 2AM and hope they open, I dont think the general population knows or the local government knows how serious this can get down here... I'll be fine and thanks for asking....

Just want to figure out how to watch this game on Saturday, ... the wifi is spotty and if you want to know where the good signal is just look for hoards of people looking for an electrical outlet

KPSUL
September 26th, 2017, 01:57 PM
this could be something like to Maine @ JMU game last Saturday. Actually Delaware played JMU close to even for most the 1st half last season.

JSUSoutherner
September 26th, 2017, 02:00 PM
Deleware is held to less than 14. JMU rolls.

KPSUL
September 26th, 2017, 02:15 PM

JMU will not need an explosion of turnovers either. Mike Houston is a master of making all of his competitors sound championship caliber in press conference building to a crescendo for his pre-game speech to his players.

It would be impossible to be in denial about this team - nothing significant has happened in their season to this point. Truth is nobody really knows how good Delaware is yet, after being shut-out by a very good, but frequently overrated FBS team, and 2 wins over weak FCS opponents. I'd make JMU a 3 TD favorite.

Daytripper
September 26th, 2017, 02:31 PM
JMU will not need an explosion of turnovers either. Mike Houston is a master of making all of his competitors sound championship caliber in press conference building to a crescendo for his pre-game speech to his players.

It would be impossible to be in denial about this team - nothing significant has happened in their season to this point. Truth is nobody really knows how good Delaware is yet, after being shut-out by a very good, but frequently overrated FBS team, and 2 wins over weak FCS opponents. I'd make JMU a 3 TD favorite.

Sound logic. Doubtful I would ever bet against a Mike Houston coached team.

Henny
September 26th, 2017, 03:41 PM
The significant change for this matchup happened 10-months ago. Delaware literally went from the worst coached team in the FCS to one of the very best and its already made a huge impact on the Defense.

Virginia Tech isn't over rated. They're ranked 12th and Delaware had everyone in Blacksburg scratching their heads. No one including WVU has even come close to doing what the UD defense did to VT.

Delaware's offense is a work in process and that's where the issue will be this week. Walker is still Walker, although a little improved.

This game goes down the wire and could go either way. I couldn't care less what people are ranked or what the spread is.

jmu007
September 26th, 2017, 05:07 PM
Because VA Tech has never over looked a FCS opponent before....

Longhorn
September 26th, 2017, 10:40 PM
You're a true blue UD fan Henny, I give you that. You should have listened to me years ago when I pointed out how UD's FB program was headed in the wrong direction. It would have saved you some misery waiting for the turn-around (which may have begun...or maybe not. I'll wait to see how Rocco performs).

To your post...new plays installed in a week are not going to defeat most any team, or in-particular, confuse this year's JMU D. Indeed, I grant you that an offense as barely functional as UD's, and directed by a QB that would be better employed as a RB, can certainly use some new plays. Suggestions, however, that additions to the UD playbook and installed this week will somehow work miracles is pure fools gold.

JMU's D hasn't surrendered much of anything this season, and UD's O won't challenge JMU this weekend. New plays or no new plays, if UD scores more than twice, it will be because of a turnover (or turnovers). Unfortunately for UD, and good for JMU's O, the weather for game day looks to be ideal, and should limit turnovers. Additionally, with good weather, the entire JMU playbook will be available. Should UD score more than 10-14 points it will likely happen because of turnovers, but 14 points won't win this game as JMU will put up 28+

UD will lose Saturday, and odds favor the blue chicks being run out of the stadium by a lopsided score. I expect the final score to be closer than last year's game, and closer than the 20+ margin the gamblers are giving UD. I also expect the game to be physical, and the game will no doubt be played with a lot of emotion by UD players. That said, UD will need many, many breaks to make a real game of it. This is a JMU team that was built to hit NDSU in the mouth, and forcibly take the Bison's candy away in their stadium. The same JMU team has won 16 in a row, knows what it means to win against the best, and is coached by an experienced and truly outstanding staff. JMU is the defending NC, and Schor and company are preparing to put on a show for UD fans that you're not likely to appreciate.

I'm happy you're excited about your new coaching staff. If UD comes back from the dead it will be good for the CAA. We've missed you. Don't let "coaches speak" (Mike Houston's pre-game banter) fool you, however, he says the same thing every week about that week's opponent.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 26th, 2017, 11:27 PM
What type of crowd are they expecting at the Tub for this one? Has there been more energy surrounding the UD program this year? Back in the day this would have been an EPIC game at the Tub!

Dukie95
September 27th, 2017, 07:23 AM
UD has an excellent Defense, but as the old saying goes...the best defense is a good offense.

Maine was able to use Josh Mack's legs to keep JMU's offense off the field and slow the game down, so the Dukes only got off 74 plays. Kareem Williams is a good runner, but at just 71 ypg, he's certainly no Mack, and UD seems to lack a big playmaker to bust out a quick score. Furthermore, as the game rolls on, JMU's depth will become apparent as they pull away in the second half.

JMU 35
UD 7

RootinFerDukes
September 27th, 2017, 08:44 AM
What type of crowd are they expecting at the Tub for this one? Has there been more energy surrounding the UD program this year? Back in the day this would have been an EPIC game at the Tub!

A visit to the UD ticket site shows me there are still many tickets available. One would likely be able to walk up and get any section they want this saturday.

Daytripper
September 27th, 2017, 08:49 AM
A visit to the UD ticket site shows me there are still many tickets available. One would likely be able to walk up and get any section they want this saturday.

That surprises me. I thought the UD fan base would be re-energized with the Rocco hiring and JMU coming to their house.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 27th, 2017, 09:00 AM
That surprises me. I thought the UD fan base would be re-energized with the Rocco hiring and JMU coming to their house.

I'm surprised too. This should be a good litmus test in terms of how my juice still surrounds the UD program.

RootinFerDukes
September 27th, 2017, 09:18 AM

They have a very old fan base (literally) and I'm sure some want to see the wins first before they bother. They haven't fielded a playoff worthy team since 2010. 7+ years of mediocrity will kill your fan base real quick.

Daytripper
September 27th, 2017, 09:21 AM
They have a very old fan base (literally) and I'm sure some want to see the wins first before they bother. They haven't fielded a playoff worthy team since 2010. 7+ years of mediocrity will kill your fan base real quick.

I'm a member of the UD fan board, and it does seem like the large majority of the active posters over there are, shall we say, no spring chickens...

Punchy
September 27th, 2017, 10:04 AM
JMU 42
UD 17

aust42
September 27th, 2017, 10:25 AM
This Bluehen has not been this excited for a home game in years. I'm fired up and was expecting a 20k plus crowd Saturday. I just called the ticket office and there are "plenty of seats available" per the kid that answered the phone. Apparently he did not have the capability to provide an estimated number of sold seats. Pretty shocking considering we're playing a conference rival that so happens to be the defending 1AA Champion, currently ranked #1 and the weather is going to be great. I'm hoping there will be lots of walk ups. I'm assuming there will be a good amount of JMU fans coming up for the game?

Daytripper
September 27th, 2017, 10:26 AM
This Bluehen has not been this excited for a home game in years. I'm fired up and was expecting a 20k plus crowd Saturday. I just called the ticket office and there are "plenty of seats available" per the kid that answered the phone. Apparently he did not have the capability to provide an estimated number of sold seats. Pretty shocking considering we're playing a conference rival that so happens to be the defending 1AA Champion, currently ranked #1 and the weather is going to be great. I'm hoping there will be lots of walk ups. I'm assuming there will be a good amount of JMU fans coming up for the game?

No they are not. They are playing FCS champion JMU.

aust42
September 27th, 2017, 10:29 AM
No they are not. They are playing FCS champion JMU.

It will always be 1AA to me.

Daytripper
September 27th, 2017, 10:31 AM

Fair enough. I just wanted to clarify the correct subdivision. To each their own.

bluehenbillk
September 27th, 2017, 12:20 PM

There will likely be less than 20K there. JMU normally doesn't bring a very big crowd. 17-18K sounds realistic.

DRDukes01
September 27th, 2017, 12:39 PM
There will likely be less than 20K there. JMU normally doesn't bring a very big crowd. 17-18K sounds realistic.

Not as many Dukes heading up as there should be. Having traveled to ECU and then 3 straight home games, it's the first weekend in a month at home for me without a game and the honey-do list has grown each week...

Henny
September 27th, 2017, 01:10 PM

Bill two years ago we had what I thought was a good crowd for the JMU game. I don't remember the attendance.

Its just that we need to get some more wins before we can expect some of the bigger crowds.

bluehenbillk
September 27th, 2017, 03:21 PM
It was probably Parent's Day or Homecoming.

Hammerhead
September 27th, 2017, 04:28 PM
You mean lots of Blue Hen fans are blue hairs? :)

I'm a member of the UD fan board, and it does seem like the large majority of the active posters over there are, shall we say, no spring chickens...

melloware13
September 27th, 2017, 07:16 PM
I decided to look up Delaware's results in games containing either the defending National Champions (I-AA/FCS since 1978) or #1 teams (TSN/STATS since 2004).

Delaware in games with the defending National Champion:
DEL 11-11, 8-5 home, 3-5 away, 0-1 neutral (2-7, 2-4, 0-2, 0-1 v. defending champions)
Defending Champions: 16-6, 10-3 in Newark, 6-3 away from Newark
These games:
9/30/17 - #1 James Madison @ Delaware TBD
11/20/10 - #15 Villanova @ #1 Delaware (VIL 28-21 OT)
9/12/09 - #1 Richmond @ Delaware (RICH 16-15)
12/14/07 - #13 Delaware v. #5 Appalachian State (ASU 49-21)
10/22/05 - #11 James Madison @ Delaware (DEL 34-28)
2004 Season: (9-4; 6-1 Home, 3-3 Away)
9/8/01 - Delaware @ Georgia Southern (GSU 38-7)
12/9/00 - Georgia Southern @ Delaware (GSU 27-18)
10/23/99 - Massachusetts @ Delaware (UMASS 26-19)
10/7/95 - Youngstown State @ Delaware (DEL 34-13)
12/4/93 - Delaware @ Marshall (MAR 34-31)

Delaware in games with #1 team:
DEL 1-7, 0-3 home, 1-3 away, 0-1 neutral (1-5, 0-1, 1-3, 0-1 v #1 team)
#1 teams: 5-3, 1-2 in Newark, 4-1 not in Newark
Those games:
9/30/17 - #1 James Madison @ Delaware TBD
11/15/14 - Delaware @ #1 New Hampshire (UNH 43-14)
1/7/10 - #5 Delaware v. #1 Eastern Washington (EWU 20-19)
11/20/10 - #15 Villanova @ #1 Delaware (VIL 28-21 OT)
9/12/09 - #1 Richmond @ Delaware (RICH 16-15)
11/1/08 - Delaware @ #1 James Madison (JMU 41-7)
12/1/07 - #13 Delaware @ #1 Northern Iowa (DEL 39-27)
9/30/06 - #17 Delaware @ #1 New Hampshire (UNH 52-49)
9/2/04 - New Hampshire @ #1 Delaware (UNH 52-49)

GannonFan
September 28th, 2017, 10:46 AM
If we get 20k for the game that would be something. Age of the fanbase isn't relevant, biggest two issues was a disastrous rollout of a large price increase in 2008 (with no associated improvement of the program or the facility) and then no playoff football since 2010. Heck, even in 2010 there was such fallout from the price increase that a home playoff game for a team headed for the title game only got 9k fans in attendance. Fanbase was always family based, multiple generations. Those folks were the ones ran off with the 2008 fiasco and they never came back and now their counting on fans interested in FCS football to come out of the woodwork. There just aren't enough of those fans to make up what was lost. Word is there are supposed to finally be improvements to the football stadium this off-season (and it's been at least a decade since they've done anything to the stadium of note) so maybe that will spark some interest.

jmufan999
September 29th, 2017, 02:51 PM
i’m going to be real with you guys. Longhorn is diehard, but doesn’t exactly qualify as objective. no, our offense is not “just as good” as last year. turnovers are up, and we lost a bunch of veteran OL and WRs. we’re not too far away and can certainly improve, but we’re not “just as good”.

the defense, though? it’s at least as good as we were at the end of last year and probably (almost certainly) better. remember, JMU was VERY different pre-Villanova and post-Villanova. any tape before that game you can throw out, because it took that long to figure out the system. we’re definitely deeper on D, no question. i’m not going by stats, i’m going by what i’ve seen. losing a starting CB in camp hurt, but we’re just crazy deep there, and really every defensive position.

the final thing (that no one discusses) is our special teams. because of our depth and also Houston’s preferences, several starters play on special teams. it was crucial in the playoff run and looks great again. the one mental error against NSU was with backups in everywhere, including special teams. we also use two punters now, including some rugby style to change things up.

RootinFerDukes
September 29th, 2017, 03:05 PM
I know I'm comparing 15 games in 2016 to 4 games in 2017 but it's all I have to go on so far.

2016 Offensive Stats:
46.7 ppg
507.5 ypg
275 rush ypg
232.5 pass ypg

2017:
47.3 ppg
560 ypg
298.8 rush ypg
261.3 pass ypg

Please tell me where the offensive drop off is so far from 2016? I get we've played 2 cupcakes, a bad FBS and a likely middle of the pack CAA team... but still. The argument doesn't hold up when you look at the numbers.

We lost Cardon Johnson, who was on pace to be our leading rusher, but we also missed him for the final six games of 2016 too (I think he was out that long).

jmufan999
September 29th, 2017, 04:01 PM
I know I'm comparing 15 games in 2016 to 4 games in 2017 but it's all I have to go on so far.

2016 Offensive Stats:
46.7 ppg
507.5 ypg
275 rush ypg
232.5 pass ypg

2017:
47.3 ppg
560 ypg
298.8 rush ypg
261.3 pass ypg

Please tell me where the offensive drop off is so far from 2016? I get we've played 2 cupcakes, a bad FBS and a likely middle of the pack CAA team... but still. The argument doesn't hold up when you look at the numbers.

We lost Cardon Johnson, who was on pace to be our leading rusher, but we also missed him for the final six games of 2016 too (I think he was out that long).

did you read my post carefully? read it again. i’m on my phone so i can’t bold the parts you missed.

RootinFerDukes
September 29th, 2017, 04:19 PM
did you read my post carefully? read it again. i’m on my phone so i can’t bold the parts you missed.

I didn’t miss anything. Turnovers are the only statistically verifiable thing you mentioned so here’s that.

2016:
13 TO lost in 15 games.

2017:
7 TO list in 4 games.

So we’re more than halfway to last year’s number with just over a quarter the amount of games. Concerning, yes. A huge step back in overall offensive productivity? No.

MR. CHICKEN
September 29th, 2017, 04:28 PM
....EASY LADS....YER ON DUH SAME TEAM.......UH.....COODN'T FIND [email protected] TREE.............MAYBEAH HEN HEAT......xdontknowx........AWK!

jmufan999
September 29th, 2017, 06:05 PM
I didn’t miss anything. Turnovers are the only statistically verifiable thing you mentioned so here’s that.

2016:
13 TO lost in 15 games.

2017:
7 TO list in 4 games.

So we’re more than halfway to last year’s number with just over a quarter the amount of games. Concerning, yes. A huge step back in overall offensive productivity? No.

the part you missed was where i said "we're not far off" from last year. i never said it was a huge step back. i think the offense is slightly worse, the defense is better, and special teams are just as good. the other part you missed is when i said that i'm not talking about stats which can be incredibly misleading, especially comparing a 15 game season in 2016 to 3 OOC games and 1 CAA game. anyway, i don't want to derail the thread, especially against a fellow Duke. we're not always going to be 100% perfect in every area of football, and that's fine.

if i could figure out how to do the emoji of the two guys clinking beer glasses, i'd put that here. sadly, i can't.

MR. CHICKEN
September 29th, 2017, 06:17 PM
the part you missed was where i said "we're not far off" from last year. i never said it was a huge step back. i think the offense is slightly worse, the defense is better, and special teams are just as good. the other part you missed is when i said that i'm not talking about stats which can be incredibly misleading, especially comparing a 15 game season in 2016 to 3 OOC games and 1 CAA game. anyway, i don't want to derail the thread, especially against a fellow Duke. we're not always going to be 100% perfect in every area of football, and that's fine.

if i could figure out how to do the emoji of the two guys clinking beer glasses, i'd put that here. sadly, i can't.

...........xbeerchugx...................BRAWK!

Longhorn
September 30th, 2017, 05:39 AM

"Not far off"...as in "ignore the stats which factually blow-up my argument, but listen to my nervous-Nellie opinion"?

I'm not sure what kinda eyewear you're using. Perhaps none. In any case, please get your eyes checked.

The 2017 JMU TEAM is better than last year's edition. Whether that leads to another 14-1 record (or better) and a NC remains to be seen. NDSU looks to be better this year too, and the ball is a funny shape.

In the end, it's okay to call 'em as you see 'em, but few people see what you're looking at right now.

caribbeanhen
September 30th, 2017, 02:23 PM
"Not far off"...as in "ignore the stats which factually blow-up my argument, but listen to my nervous-Nellie opinion"?

I'm not sure what kinda eyewear you're using. Perhaps none. In any case, please get your eyes checked.

The 2017 JMU TEAM is better than last year's edition. Whether that leads to another 14-1 record (or better) and a NC remains to be seen. NDSU looks to be better this year too, and the ball is a funny shape.

In the end, it's okay to call 'em as you see 'em, but few people see what you're looking at right now.

We know in about four hours how much better JMyou is Tex

Grizalltheway
September 30th, 2017, 02:38 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAlinvw2Rb0

Nickels
September 30th, 2017, 03:29 PM
The 2017 JMU TEAM is better than last year's edition.
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2879496456/6d1b1b584d2d69b2324cffa03b7be4d6_400x400.jpeg

JSUSoutherner
September 30th, 2017, 03:34 PM
Is there a stream for this game somewhere?

hengeek
September 30th, 2017, 03:44 PM
live feed at bluehens.com

feed not so good on chrome, better on Microsoft edge

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 30th, 2017, 03:44 PM
Why even have replay when you **** Delaware like that it was a forward pass by more than 1 yard. Its not even debatable

JSUSoutherner
September 30th, 2017, 04:46 PM
These penalties are freaking rediculous.

CenMEBlackBearFan
September 30th, 2017, 04:47 PM
From the crappy TV replay it certainly was a forward pass. The only thing was maybe a better view from the sideline that we didn't havexdrunkyx
If I was Delaware I would run the ball even more than do cause it ain't working thru the air, ie interception to kill the drive near the end of the 2nd.

JSUSoutherner
September 30th, 2017, 04:48 PM
HUGE STOP FOR THE HENS!

BNATION
September 30th, 2017, 05:17 PM
Wow

Madisonian
September 30th, 2017, 05:34 PM
Phew...

CenMEBlackBearFan
September 30th, 2017, 05:42 PM
If only Delaware could throw the ball, Their defense is tough as heck, kept JMU at bay more than we did. Hens did not wear down defensively like we did.
Is it safe to say JMU is good but not a juggernaut like many thought. The CAA looks like anyone could beat anyone at anytime, might be the most balanced that I can ever remember.

cx500d
September 30th, 2017, 06:06 PM
If only Delaware could throw the ball, Their defense is tough as heck, kept JMU at bay more than we did. Hens did not wear down defensively like we did.
Is it safe to say JMU is good but not a juggernaut like many thought. The CAA looks like anyone could beat anyone at anytime, might be the most balanced that I can ever remember.

Its hard to say...Maybe the CAA has stepped up?

jmufan999
September 30th, 2017, 06:17 PM
really nice game by UD. very similar team to Maine in a lot of ways. benching Walker at that point in the game stunned me.

caribbeanhen
September 30th, 2017, 06:19 PM
It's a shame Delaware lacks enough skill players with such a good D

shame on Rocco

JMad03
September 30th, 2017, 06:32 PM
According to Houston, the weather played a huge factor today in terms of what they wanted to do.
I do think UD's defense is legit, but we definitely had to change the gameplan so I think that made our offense look far worse. That being said, Schor has to stop throwing those INT's early in the game.

Hoboken Dukes
September 30th, 2017, 07:10 PM
From the crappy TV replay it certainly was a forward pass. The only thing was maybe a better view from the sideline that we didn't havexdrunkyx
If I was Delaware I would run the ball even more than do cause it ain't working thru the air, ie interception to kill the drive near the end of the 2nd.

clearly a backwards pass. When the qb lets it go the ball is just shy of the 23 yard line. It then hits the receiver's hands at the 22 yard line.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JMUFootball/status/914279810955829248/video/1

Longhorn
September 30th, 2017, 07:34 PM
We know in about four hours how much better JMyou is Tex

Yep. About 10 points worth for the W.

Longhorn
September 30th, 2017, 07:42 PM
Why even have replay when you **** Delaware like that it was a forward pass by more than 1 yard. Its not even debatable

Hmm, are you cross-eyed? Or just grumpy because JMU is relevant? And the griz are...well, enough said.

caribbeanhen
September 30th, 2017, 07:58 PM
Yep. About 10 points worth for the W.

Your comment that JM you was better than last year caught My eye

there's no way they're better than last year North Dakota State will clock you guys right now

knit35
September 30th, 2017, 08:02 PM

there's no way they're better than last year North Dakota State will clock you guys right now

Based on? It might happen but you don’t know. Delaware played well. Credit to their D for only giving up 350 total yards and holding us to 20. You got 1 first down in the 4th and approx 5 in the second half with two from penalties. We may not be as good as at the end of last year I agree, I also agree we have holes to plug and improvements to make but I think we still have as good as a chance as anyone.

BisonFan02
September 30th, 2017, 08:09 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............................

Longhorn
September 30th, 2017, 08:27 PM

Sour grapes. Give credit to your D. The final outcome was about what I expected. As far as JMU playing NDSU this year only time will tell. At least it's a possibility as JMU will be in the post-season and once again UD will not.

jmufan999
September 30th, 2017, 09:07 PM

come on, man. you’re usually pretty cool.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 30th, 2017, 10:08 PM
Hmm, are you cross-eyed? Or just grumpy because JMU is relevant? And the griz are...well, enough said.It was a forward pass, everyone admits that

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

cx500d
September 30th, 2017, 10:10 PM
They still lost

Bisonator
September 30th, 2017, 10:11 PM
come on, man. you’re usually pretty cool.

He is? xlolx

semobison
September 30th, 2017, 10:17 PM

And Youngstown may clock us both! Yup, going to be an interesting season.

Henny
September 30th, 2017, 10:25 PM
Every JMU fan know they were in a game today. This thing is getting turned around in a hurry. Rocco knew he had a defense right away but a woeful situation at QB he was left with after the Brock era. Expect a change to Caruso next week , the offense will get in a rythem and UD will be vying for a playoff spot.

Maybe we get another shot at JMU...............................

RootinFerDukes
September 30th, 2017, 11:21 PM
I give UD’s defense credit. They’re good and part of our problem today. We faced two good defenses in as many weeks. Welcome to caa play. Elon may be the only remaining game of concern. UNH too.
By the way, the pass was backwards. The video replay clearly shows it go back a yard. The officials and UD commentators all agreed. Wow were those some awful commentators. Fire them.

cx500d
September 30th, 2017, 11:22 PM
I give UD’s defense credit. They’re good and part of our problem today. We faced two good defenses in as many weeks. Welcome to caa play. Elon may be the only remaining game of concern. UNH too.
By the way, the pass was backwards. The video replay clearly shows it go back a yard. The officials and UD commentators all agreed. Wow were those some awful commentators. Fire them.

Elon? seriously? 2 field goal Elon?

RootinFerDukes
September 30th, 2017, 11:26 PM
Elon? seriously? 2 field goal Elon?

They appear to be the caa dark horse this year and it’s a road game. It’s early but they aren’t the cupcake they usually are.

cx500d
September 30th, 2017, 11:27 PM
They appear to be the caa dark horse this year and it’s a road game. It’s early but they aren’t the cupcake they usually are.

Where were you when Harvey was stalled out over Texas....They could have used your help!
http://www.michiganautolaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/sand-bagging.jpg

caribbeanhen
October 1st, 2017, 05:47 AM
Sour grapes. Give credit to your D. The final outcome was about what I expected. As far as JMU playing NDSU this year only time will tell. At least it's a possibility as JMU will be in the post-season and once again UD will not.

Give credit to our D? I did that before the game with the thread best defense an FCS

RootinFerDukes
October 1st, 2017, 07:47 AM
Give credit to our D? I did that before the game with the thread best defense an FCS

Well it’s a stretch to declare them the best defense in FCS. They’re second best in the caa and maybe top 25 nationally. Let’s not let technicalities get in the way though.

caribbeanhen
October 1st, 2017, 10:14 AM
Well it’s a stretch to declare them the best defense in FCS. They’re second best in the caa and maybe top 25 nationally. Let’s not let technicalities get in the way though.

start naming the 24 better... I'll wait.... in no particular order, Bison, YSu, Nova, JMU, Delaware.... top 25........ are you still drunk from the post game celebration.... haha

Henny
October 1st, 2017, 10:48 AM
start naming the 24 better... I'll wait.... in no particular order, Bison, YSu, Nova, JMU, Delaware.... top 25........ are you still drunk from the post game celebration.... haha

Carib, this is a typical statement by one of the JMU faithful. Inside they are scared to death that UD is back and quite honestly Delaware beat themselves yesterday. If I were them I'd start to think about how much Schor ran for his life yesterday. If he has to keep doing that he won't last much longer.

MR. CHICKEN
October 1st, 2017, 10:59 AM
....WHIFF DUH DEMISE UH KEELER.........FOLLOWIN' YEARS.....HAVE STRIPPED DUH MAGIC......IN OURAH TRADITION.....WE NOW LOSE CLOSE GAMES.....INSTEAD UH PULLIN' 'EM OUT.......AWK!

jmu007
October 1st, 2017, 11:52 AM
Carib, this is a typical statement by one of the JMU faithful. Inside they are scared to death that UD is back and quite honestly Delaware beat themselves yesterday. If I were them I'd start to think about how much Schor ran for his life yesterday. If he has to keep doing that he won't last much longer.

HA. Delaware didn't beat themselves, but whatever makes you feel better. If you want to play that game, maybe we should all just pretend JMU didn't hand you a free FG off a fumble and drop 2 wide open TD passes for a solid 17 point swing.

Longhorn
October 1st, 2017, 12:29 PM
It was a forward pass, everyone admits that

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Look at the replay. It's clear it was a lateral. Even UD fans recognize it. Apparently people in Montana don't know forwards from backwards.

Longhorn
October 1st, 2017, 12:31 PM

Best D? Perhaps second best, but without an offense UD still stays home (yet again) this season.

Henny
October 1st, 2017, 04:19 PM
Best D? Perhaps second best, but without an offense UD still stays home (yet again) this season.

Look whose talking, your offense had ONE touchdown yesterday and a QB that ran for his life all day.

What an offense!!..............between the 20s LOL!!!

Delaware miscues by a QB on his way out got you ahead on the scoreboard.

Longhorn
October 1st, 2017, 07:00 PM
Look whose talking, your offense had ONE touchdown yesterday and a QB that ran for his life all day.

What an offense!!..............between the 20s LOL!!!

Delaware miscues by a QB on his way out got you ahead on the scoreboard.

A team win good enough for 20 points. How many did UD score again? Oh yeah, that's right.

Enjoy watching and cheering against JMU in the playoffs. In the meantime you better hope Rocco can recruit a D1 QB

Gangtackle11
October 1st, 2017, 08:00 PM
We'll know more about the Dirty Flithy Birds in the next 3 games. At Stony Brook & home for W&M & Richmond.

Anything less than 2-1 should curb the boys from New-ark's enthusiasm.

As tough a season its been for my 'Cats they still will be expected to thump these dirty filthy birds in November.

There's hope in New-ark, but not so fast.

caribbeanhen
October 2nd, 2017, 05:28 AM
We'll know more about the Dirty Flithy Birds in the next 3 games. At Stony Brook & home for W&M & Richmond.

Anything less than 2-1 should curb the boys from New-ark's enthusiasm.

As tough a season its been for my 'Cats they still will be expected to thump these dirty filthy birds in November.

There's hope in New-ark, but not so fast.

lotta fowl language there even for a city boy

Henny
October 2nd, 2017, 07:13 AM
Carib

Who would have thought!! UD and the JMU offenses had the same number of TDs Saturday. ONE each!! Miracles never cease.

The reality is that the UD season is on the line this week against a very strong SB team. Not confirmed but you have to believe JP will get the start.

Hope you are doing OK Brother!!

caribbeanhen
October 2nd, 2017, 09:01 AM
Carib

Who would have thought!! UD and the JMU offenses had the same number of TDs Saturday. ONE each!! Miracles never cease.

The reality is that the UD season is on the line this week against a very strong SB team. Not confirmed but you have to believe JP will get the start.

Hope you are doing OK Brother!!

Thank you Henny, life is good I'd rather be hot and bothered rather than cold and stiff if you know what I mean

yes sir Stony Brook 3 and 0 in CAA play already I think Delaware is evenly matched with them both play good and hard defense with limited offensive skills

we really need to figure out how to score some points

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 2nd, 2017, 09:41 AM
Solid game by Delaware. Glad we got by you - never really easy to go into the Tub and win. UD will be better soon enough, starting with a new QB at some point in time.

For JMU, the conditions were hopefully a good lesson for all - coaches and players alike. It seemed like they had difficulty adjusting. I do credit Delaware's defense, but Schor was not comfortable and looked out of sorts from the get go, and to me based on watching him in other conditions, it had more to do with the wind than the D-line's pressure (which was solid). As a result, he held on too much and the coaches opted for the Mickey Matthews brand of run off tackle right. Repeat. And repeat again.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 2nd, 2017, 09:43 AM
Also, although JMU kicked two needed FGs, the Blue Hens to me won the Special Teams battle. That is what JMU wins 90% of the time, and UD got the better of the Dukes on that poorly appreciated aspect of the game. JMU could benefit from a better place kicker IMO.

GannonFan
October 2nd, 2017, 10:09 AM
Also, although JMU kicked two needed FGs, the Blue Hens to me won the Special Teams battle. That is what JMU wins 90% of the time, and UD got the better of the Dukes on that poorly appreciated aspect of the game. JMU could benefit from a better place kicker IMO.

JMU had the big special teams win, though, with the successful fake punt (3rd successful fake punt against UD in 4 games this year) that kept alive a 9 minute or so drive in the 3rd quarter and meant JMU didn't have to give UD a short field. That was a huge turning point in the game.

Henny
October 2nd, 2017, 11:36 AM
Yep GF JMU fooled us on the fake punt. That's the third time this has happened to UD this year. Even I knew the Rugby style guy likes to take off if he sees something.

JMU can beat teams in so many ways now. Honestly UD's defense did everything to keep it tight.

Gangtackle11
October 2nd, 2017, 11:42 AM
Rocco on CAA call said news isn't good on LB Charles Bell. Fractured C6 in his back & done for season.

Also starting DE Cam Kitchen not good either with foot fracture.

Hate injuries. We have had a big number this season too.

JMU-MRD-DAD
October 2nd, 2017, 11:57 AM
Yes, solid game by Delaware. There were quite a few missed opportunities by both teams.

I believe the windy conditions played a huge part in the passing game for the Dukes. Glad the Dukes got this one in the W column.

Go Dukes.

Dukie95
October 2nd, 2017, 01:19 PM
I think our Australian-rules punter must frequently have the option to fake if no one is around. I'd be interested to know if that was called from the sidelines.