PDA

View Full Version : Jason Murietta

Filthybum
February 6th, 2007, 11:46 AM
I have very little access to Division 1-AA football, so I was wondering if anyone could give me a scouting report on Jason Murietta. Obviously, he lacks the prototypical NFL size, but his numbers are pretty astounding. Does he have any NFL tools?

Peems
February 6th, 2007, 02:54 PM
I have very little access to Division 1-AA football, so I was wondering if anyone could give me a scouting report on Jason Murietta. Obviously, he lacks the prototypical NFL size, but his numbers are pretty astounding. Does he have any NFL tools?

he's got smarts and always seems to make a play. he is pretty mobile too, its amazing how you can seem to have the guy in your arms and he escapes. I would say he deserves a shot at the combine but i saw that he didnt get invited...too bad.

catbob
February 6th, 2007, 04:19 PM
If Meyer can't make an NFL squad, Murietta isn't going to. Good vision, plays smart, throws very few interceptions, but isn't big enough and probably doesn't have the arm strength. Very mobile, but doesn't have great technique.

Peems
February 7th, 2007, 10:24 AM
If Meyer can't make an NFL squad, Murietta isn't going to. Good vision, plays smart, throws very few interceptions, but isn't big enough and probably doesn't have the arm strength. Very mobile, but doesn't have great technique.

well put

Mr. C
February 7th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Size is the main problem, with the way that NFL folks stereotype players. I actually think his arm strength is pretty good, just as Erik Meyer's was (heck, Meyer was drafted out of high school as a pitcher with a 90-plus-MPH fastball).

AZGrizFan
February 25th, 2007, 12:06 AM

They said that about Flutie too. :read: :read: :read: :read:

CatFan22
February 25th, 2007, 02:51 PM
They said that about Flutie too. :read: :read: :read: :read:

Flutie also played for a bigger school. Murietta won't get a very good chance because he played for NAU.