September 24th, 2017, 01:38 PM
ACU
SHSU
McNeese
SLU
Nicholls

Wildcat1997
September 24th, 2017, 01:52 PM
ACU (I'm a lot less confident about it though)
SHSU
McNeese
SLU
Nicholls

cx500d
September 24th, 2017, 01:52 PM
ACU
SHSU
McNeese
SLU
Nicholls

SFA 93
September 24th, 2017, 02:15 PM
(Parent's Weekend at SFA, so look for a 14,000+ crowd easy)
ESPN3

Jacks 5-3 against the Cowboys in the last 8 games, 2-2 at Homer Bryce. The series has been in a win/lose pattern in the last 5 seasons.

Starters for the McNeese game

QB:#10 Jake Blumrick 6-2; 202 (So.)
G:3;ATT:52;CMP:27;CP%:.52%;YDS:244;TD:1;INT:1;R:16 ;YDS:35

RB:#32 Jamall Shaw 5-11; 215 (So.)
G:4;ATT:38;YDS:156;AVG:4.1;TD:1/REC:6;YDS:27;TD:0

WR:#2 Frank Iheanacho 6-6; 225 (Jr.)
G:4;REC:14;YDS:114;TD:1

WR:#5 Terian Goree 6-3; 175 (Jr.)
G:4;REC:15;YDS:130;TD:1

OL:#79 Josh Keith 6-7; 318 (Sr.)
OL:#52 A.J. Brown 6-2; 300 (So.)
OL:#67 Jaxon Salinas 6-3; 300 (Sr.)
OL:#71 Devonte Jones 6-3; 310 (So.)
OL:#75 Josiah Hunter 6-4; 317 (Jr.)

WR:#9 Trae Hart 5-11; 175 (Sr.)
G:4;REC:16;YDS:135;TD:0

WR:#80 Tamrick Pace 6-3; 200 (So.)
G:4;REC:18;YDS:176;TD:2

K:#36 Storm Ruiz 5-10; 170 (So.)
FGA:3;FGM:3;LNG:37;FGP:100%;APAT:10;MPAT:10

DEFENSE
DE:#13 John Franklin 6-4; 292 (Sr.)
G:4;TKL:16;TFL:4.5;SCK:1.5;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;Q BH:4
DT:#93 Lamont Alexander 6-3; 305 (Jr.)
G:4;TKL:13;TFL:1.5;SCK:1.5;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;Q BH:0
DE:#77 Rayshad Nichols 6-3; 300 (R/Fr.)
G:4;TKL:15;TFL:3.0;SCK:1.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;Q BH:2

LB:#54 Spencer Choka 6-0; 228 (So.)
G:4;TKL:25;TFL:4.0;SCK:1.5;FF:0;FR:1;PBU:0;INT:0;Q BH:0
LB:#43 Anthony Jacobs 5-11; 225 (So.)
G:4;TKL:21;TFL:1.5;SCK:0.5;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:2;INT:0;Q BH:0
LB:#42 Teddy Britton 5-11; 226 (So.)
G:4;TKL:17;TFL:3.5;SCK:0.0;FF:1;FR:0;PBU:1;INT:0;Q BH:2

S:#33 Alize Ward 5-10; 195 (So.)
G:4;TKL:38;TFL:1.5;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:5;INT:2;Q BH:0;TD:1
CB:#8 Trent Perriman 5-11; 184 (Sr.)
G:4;TKL:25;TFL:2.0;SCK:0.0;FF:1;FR:0;PBU:5;INT:0;Q BH:0
S:#28 Marion Walls 5-10; 196 (Sr.)
G:4;TKL:23;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:1;INT:0;Q BH:0
S:#3 Lawrence Ghansah 6-0; 195 (Jr.)
G:4;TKL:23;TFL:0.5;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:1;Q BH:0
CB:#1 Tarrin Mitchell 5-10; 186 (Jr.)
G:3;TKL:6;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:1;INT:0;QB H:0

P:#45 Caleb Lewallen 5-10; 190 (Jr.)
P:30;YDS:1,200;AVG:40.0;LNG:52;IN20:8;TB:0

OUT or QUESTIONABLE
QB:#12 Foster Sawyer 6-5; 230 (Jr.)
OL:#64 Travis Lock 6-3; 290 (So.)
LB:#98 Jack Martin 6-4; 252 (So.)
S:#14 Trey Ramos 6-0; 188 (So.)
S:#38 Trenton Gordon 5-11; 195 (Fr.)

Katfan
September 24th, 2017, 02:36 PM
ACU
SHSU
McNeese
SLU
Nicholls

The Pud
September 24th, 2017, 03:57 PM
ACU
SHSU
McNeese
SLU
Nicholls

McCowboys
September 24th, 2017, 03:58 PM
I never do picks -- superstitious, I guess. But for those of you picking McNeese, have you seen any of our games? In previous years, I always thought we belonged in the top 20 FCS teams. This year is different. Sloppy, undisciplined, giving up big plays, shoot-yourself-in-the-foot penalties, questionable play calling, playing to the level of the opponent, etc. Cowboys are 3-1 in spite of themselves, but not impressive in my opinion. Looks like SFA finally put something together against ACU, so they should be riding high.

The only thing that may be in the Pokes favor is the fact that over the last four years, the visiting team has been the winner of the SFA/McNeese contests. I hope that streak won't be broken.

The Pud
September 24th, 2017, 04:02 PM
I never do picks -- superstitious, I guess. But for those of you picking McNeese, have you seen any of our games? In previous years, I always thought we belonged in the top 20 FCS teams. This year is different. Sloppy, undisciplined, giving up big plays, shoot-yourself-in-the-foot penalties, questionable play calling, playing to the level of the opponent, etc. Cowboys are 3-1 in spite of themselves, but not impressive in my opinion. Looks like SFA finally put something together against ACU, so they should be riding high.

The only thing that may be in the Pokes favor is the fact that over the last four years, the visiting team has been the winner of the SFA/McNeese contests. I hope that streak won't be broken.

You guys are much better than your record. I think you guys will begin to gel and improve as the season progresses. Not so much the case for SFA

BEAR
September 24th, 2017, 04:19 PM
Thinking about the UCA v SHSU game I see most here see it as a game of match ups. UCA has had a problem with covering WRs and SHSU has had a run of those. As much as I want to see the Bears win, that one factor is the difference to me. Now that doesn't mean UCA isn't a top 15 team overall, because they have done well against OOC teams both FCS and FBS in the last few years, but it means when they face pass heavy teams like SHSU and EWU, it is a struggle. This year will be same story, different verse. Hope I'm wrong of course, but not likely.

McNeese75
September 24th, 2017, 05:24 PM
ACU at UIW
SHSU at UCA
McNeese at SFA - Pure homer vote. Not real confident in this one.
SLU at NWST
Nicholls at Lamar

So much for the home field advantage :D

Katfan
September 24th, 2017, 05:54 PM
Thinking about the UCA v SHSU game I see most here see it as a game of match ups. UCA has had a problem with covering WRs and SHSU has had a run of those. As much as I want to see the Bears win, that one factor is the difference to me. Now that doesn't mean UCA isn't a top 15 team overall, because they have done well against OOC teams both FCS and FBS in the last few years, but it means when they face pass heavy teams like SHSU and EWU, it is a struggle. This year will be same story, different verse. Hope I'm wrong of course, but not likely.
Do you have the same DB's as last year?

The Pud
September 24th, 2017, 07:08 PM

You guys are certainly a Top 10 team in my book, and that is how I voted this afternoon for my employer (xnodx) I recall from last year's game you guys had a bunch of big DBs that can run and coverage. Sammy had a little trouble with some of the match ups with your big DBs, but Sammy's overall speed is what gotcha in my humble opinion. Do you guys still have all those big DBs from last year's squad?

Katfan
September 24th, 2017, 07:53 PM
You guys are certainly a Top 10 team in my book, and that is how I voted this afternoon for my employer (xnodx) I recall from last year's game you guys had a bunch of big DBs that can run and coverage. Sammy had a little trouble with some of the match ups with your big DBs, but Sammy's overall speed is what gotcha in my humble opinion. Do you guys still have all those big DBs from last year's squad?
Also,as I recall there were several turnovers by the Bears early that put them in a hole and required them to play from behind ,as a result they didn't get a chance to play their game.

BEAR
September 24th, 2017, 08:05 PM
Great question to ask. The answer is a resounding NO! UCA has Tremon Smith returning but we are loaded with smaller and faster DBs and CBs this year. Some are transfers from community colleges or FBS schools but many are real freshman that are new to the team or redshirted last year and learned. It won't be the same DBs you faced last year. What I can tell you is the coaches picked on them constantly in spring and summer practices. But even with that Sammy has EXPERIENCED WRs that can take advantage of them. The turnovers early for UCA last year really made it too big if a hole to dig out of so hopefully it will be different this year. I expect a closer game but also wouldn't be surprised if Sam wins. UCA has to move on and win as many as possible to make the playoffs. That's what will count before and after the game Saturday.

Katfan
September 24th, 2017, 08:15 PM
Thanks good information. As you are probably aware, the receivers,qb and running backs are the same. Most significant changes on offense is the line, which may be better than last year. Also, with a new coordinator we have a slightly different look. The changes so far to me have made a bigger impact on the running game.

milleniumkat
September 24th, 2017, 08:23 PM
ACU
SHSU
MCNEESE
SLU
NICHOLLS

That seems to be popular

milleniumkat
September 24th, 2017, 08:26 PM

I'm sorry to tell you this but if UCA loses to Soft Houston there is no hope for your playoff chances. Switch to MLB playoffs. You can't lose to us again and have hope for your future.

*Sarcasm

milleniumkat
September 24th, 2017, 08:32 PM
Great question to ask. The answer is a resounding NO! UCA has Tremon Smith returning but we are loaded with smaller and faster DBs and CBs this year. Some are transfers from community colleges or FBS schools but many are real freshman that are new to the team or redshirted last year and learned. It won't be the same DBs you faced last year. What I can tell you is the coaches picked on them constantly in spring and summer practices. But even with that Sammy has EXPERIENCED WRs that can take advantage of them. The turnovers early for UCA last year really made it too big if a hole to dig out of so hopefully it will be different this year. I expect a closer game but also wouldn't be surprised if Sam wins. UCA has to move on and win as many as possible to make the playoffs. That's what will count before and after the game Saturday.

New secondary, No turnovers. Sounds like you've already solved the mystery. Be of good cheer.

Katfan
September 24th, 2017, 09:15 PM
New secondary, No turnovers. Sounds like you've already solved the mystery. Be of good cheer.
What are you drinking tonight? I want some.

Serpentor
September 24th, 2017, 09:31 PM
ACU at UIW (that's honestly just a judgement call, I really don't know in this one)
SHSU at UCA (feeling good about this pic, UCA will be respectable though)
McNeese at SFA (I don't really know with the SLC this year, feels like most of these match ups are toss ups)
SLU at NWST (ditto)
Nicholls at Lamar (Nicholls has looked good in their wins. Lamar hasn't been blown out in the FCS level yet, but they always seem to come up short)

milleniumkat
September 24th, 2017, 09:36 PM
What are you drinking tonight? I want some.

Nothing at all. and i don't know what you mean. lol. It's sunday.

Serpentor
September 24th, 2017, 09:37 PM
P.S. How did Incarnate Word get away with only playing 8 SLC teams this year? I thought 9 was mandatory according to our stupid rules.

The Pud
September 24th, 2017, 09:56 PM

Thank you kindly for provided such a good summary to my question. Should be an exciting game. I am a bit nervous since we will be playing on your home turf, where typically you guys win.

bonarae
September 25th, 2017, 01:57 AM
ACU at UIW
SHSU at UCA
McNeese at SFA
SLU at NWST
Nicholls at Lamar

All road teams will win.

milleniumkat
September 25th, 2017, 03:01 AM
ACU at UIW
SHSU at UCA
McNeese at SFA
SLU at NWST
Nicholls at Lamar

All road teams will win.

Didn't notice the road game bias. lol that's interesting.

Daytripper
September 25th, 2017, 06:20 AM
ACU at UIW
SHSU at UCA
McNeese at SFA
SLU at NWST
Nicholls at Lamar

BNATION
September 25th, 2017, 09:20 AM
ACU
SHSU
SFA (just have a feeling)
SLU
Nicholls

Sept. 30, 2017 games:

ACU at UIW
SHSU at UCA
McNeese at SFA
SLU at NWST
Nicholls at Lamar

BEAR
September 25th, 2017, 09:30 AM
Thank you kindly for provided such a good summary to my question. Should be an exciting game. I am a bit nervous since we will be playing on your home turf, where typically you guys win.

You're right. UCA does win quite a bit at home. But I honestly believe this matchup isn't necessarily a better Kat team vs. a lesser Bear team but rather a better pass game vs. a better run defense...a combination that really doesn't do much for UCA. I will be there tailgating and enjoying the day and of course cheering on my Bears but I won't be disappointed when they face a team like SHSU that has a pass offense that is so high level that not many teams can slow it down unless your QB is hurt. Your team's stats prove for themselves how effective the pass game is for the Kats.

BNATION
September 25th, 2017, 09:57 AM
Man am I the only one who is smelling a upset up in Nac?

McNeese75
September 25th, 2017, 10:06 AM

LOL, and you really think that would be an upset??????

BNATION
September 25th, 2017, 10:21 AM
I think Mcnease is a solid team, I dont think SFA is as good at this point. Massive upset? No, but I think Mcnease should win, but a vibrant crowd at a very underestimated stadium in terms of noise and atmosphere will be the factor at play. As much as I hate it SFA has a pretty cool entrance...

LOL, and you really think that would be an upset??????

McNeese75
September 25th, 2017, 10:52 AM
I think Mcnease is a solid team, I dont think SFA is as good at this point. Massive upset? No, but I think Mcnease should win, but a vibrant crowd at a very underestimated stadium in terms of noise and atmosphere will be the factor at play. As much as I hate it SFA has a pretty cool entrance...

At this point in time I do not think any SLC stadium is a challenge to a visiting team with regards to atmosphere, crowd or noise.

Sammy94
September 25th, 2017, 10:54 AM
ACU at UIW
SHSU at UCA
McNeese at SFA........ just hoping for this outcome. I love it when SFA comes to NRG thinking they are better then they are.
SLU at NWST
Nicholls at Lamar

Serpentor
September 25th, 2017, 10:55 AM

Which one? We have two and both are hosting games this weekend. :P

BEAR
September 25th, 2017, 11:12 AM
ACU at UIW
SHSU at UCA
McNeese at SFA........ just hoping for this outcome. I love it when SFA comes to NRG thinking they are better then they are.
SLU at NWST
Nicholls at Lamar

You know that would make SFA 3-0 in conference....xeyebrowx

mvfcfan
September 25th, 2017, 12:27 PM
My picks

Abilene Christian
Central Arkansas
McNeese State
SE Louisiana
Nicholls State

Serpentor
September 26th, 2017, 09:47 PM
Bumping this one up because not sure why everyone keep replying to week 4 thread. xrotatehx

McNeese75
September 27th, 2017, 09:39 AM
5dimes Today

SHSU -3 1/2
McNeese - 9 1/2
ACU - 9 1/2
SELU - 5 1/2
Nicholls -15 1/2

SFA 93
September 27th, 2017, 06:33 PM
Word has it that Foster Sawyer is done for the season.

So this will is Blumrick's team now.

alvin.kmiec
September 27th, 2017, 06:49 PM
You're right. UCA does win quite a bit at home. But I honestly believe this matchup isn't necessarily a better Kat team vs. a lesser Bear team but rather a better pass game vs. a better run defense...a combination that really doesn't do much for UCA. I will be there tailgating and enjoying the day and of course cheering on my Bears but I won't be disappointed when they face a team like SHSU that has a pass offense that is so high level that not many teams can slow it down unless your QB is hurt. Your team's stats prove for themselves how effective the pass game is for the Kats.

The back up QB is just about as good as the starter. Next year it will be one hell of a dog fight between second and third team quarterback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McCowboys
September 28th, 2017, 12:59 PM
McNeese doesn't have an official fan forum anymore. There is a GeauxCowboys Facebook page, though. They can be ornery at times. A few months ago, I was accused of not being "McNeese" enough. Doc and CBuck had to come to my rescue. :-)
But we may have something better than a forum! We have https://zemsgems.wordpress.com/ A daily blog. Not just McNeese news, but musings on the conference, LSU, etc. Today he comments on Pitino/Louisville, the state of SLC football coaches, and finishes off with some commentary about SFA's offense and defense, so you might want to check it out.

SFA 93
September 28th, 2017, 08:45 PM
ACL surgery for Foster Sawyer

has nothing to do with the MCL injury he suffered back in July.

BEAR
September 29th, 2017, 08:03 AM

Man that's tough... sorry to hear about that. What a talent. xnodx

McNeese75
September 29th, 2017, 08:45 AM

and yet, Conque has Sawyer listed as the starting QB in this weeks SFA Game notes. Gamesmanship xnodx

BEAR
September 29th, 2017, 08:52 AM
and yet, Conque has Sawyer listed as the starting QB in this weeks SFA Game notes. Gamesmanship xnodx

xlolx
That's not gamesmanship...that lack of caring about anything. xcoffeex

BEAR
September 29th, 2017, 10:41 AM
Massey predicted 2017 finishing records:

SHSU: 11-0
UCA: 9-2 (Losses to #24 FBS Kansas State and #3 FCS SHSU)
McNeese: 9-2 (Losses to #23 FCS Nicholls and #12 FCS UCA)
Nicholls: 9-2 (Losses to FBS Texas A&M and #3 FCS SHSU)
SFA: 5-6 (QB injury would take out any team from contention)
SLU: 5-6 (Same as SFA dilemma. Talented team but no QB to direct)
NWST: 3-8
Lamar: 3-8
ACU: 2-9
HBU: 1-10
UIW: 0-11

If Massey is right...obviously not likely...and the SLC has 4 teams at 9+ wins...I wonder if 3 teams will make it to the playoffs.

Katfan
September 29th, 2017, 10:50 AM

If Massey is right...obviously not likely...and the SLC has 4 teams at 9+ wins...I wonder if 3 teams will make it to the playoffs.
I think all 4 would deserve it.

McNeese75
September 29th, 2017, 11:14 AM
I think all 4 would deserve it.

SOS will absolutely torture McNeese

Serpentor
September 29th, 2017, 11:57 AM
SOS will absolutely torture McNeese

Agreed. If Nicholls and McNeese end up tied at the end of the season, a close loss to an SEC team trumps blowing out a D2 team.

McNeese75
September 29th, 2017, 12:32 PM
Agreed. If Nicholls and McNeese end up tied at the end of the season, a close loss to an SEC team trumps blowing out a D2 team.

Well, there is that and a loss to them as well xlolx

Although I still think Nicholls loses at least one more. AND I am not very confident McNeese goes clean except for UCA.

Serpentor
September 29th, 2017, 12:33 PM
Well, there is that and a loss to them as well xlolx

I was trying to be kind and sweep that one under the rug. :D

McNeese75
September 29th, 2017, 12:35 PM
I was trying to be kind and sweep that one under the rug. :D

xdrunkyx preciate it but that Mofo is like a damn arrow sticking in our back.

McCowboys
September 29th, 2017, 01:18 PM

Without playing the Bearkats, McNeese's SOS sucks! UCA will be the highest ranked team the Cowboys face. I am really trying to stay neutral in the Sammy/UCA matchup, but a close game or UCA victory may be the Cowboys only hope, if they will get it together and win the games they should -- and upset the Bears.

SFA 93
September 29th, 2017, 06:22 PM
They kept Sawyer on as a starter to throw off McNesse State lol

Blumrick will use his legs more than his arm.

Serpentor
September 29th, 2017, 07:24 PM
They kept Sawyer on as a starter to throw off McNesse State lol

Blumrick will use his legs more than his arm.

Is he for sure done for the season?

SFA 93
September 29th, 2017, 07:45 PM
The Sawmill said done for the season. ACL tear, same knee with the MCL injury from July water skiing injury, different ligament.

He has already past the medical redshirt point, so playing him in the SMU game was a waste. So only his senior season is left for him.

Again this is now Jake Blumricks's team

TheRevSFA
September 29th, 2017, 10:04 PM
Is he for sure done for the season?

Yep. He's done

Wildcat1997
September 30th, 2017, 10:08 PM
ACU 45 UIW 20 F. I thought we would win but not by this much. This was by FAR our best game of the season.

Serpentor
September 30th, 2017, 10:09 PM
xdrunkyx I just want to cry...

LIONFAN07
October 1st, 2017, 09:28 AM

Lions don't have a QB? Nunez has been unreal. A shame he was hurt in game 2 and 3. Not sure we beat UCA even with him in Conway but it would have been a hell of a game.

BEAR
October 1st, 2017, 10:59 AM
Lions don't have a QB? Nunez has been unreal. A shame he was hurt in game 2 and 3. Not sure we beat UCA even with him in Conway but it would have been a hell of a game.

Yeah I meant the Lions don't have the services of a QB not that they don't have a QB. xthumbsupx

Wildcat1997
October 1st, 2017, 03:26 PM
We've already matched our win total from last year and according to Massey, won't win anymore. I think they're wrong.

lionsrking2
October 1st, 2017, 09:02 PM

Nunez has played in a little over eight quarters. We've scored 128 points when he's been in the game. Can't replay the two games without him but at least he's back and healthy.