PDA

View Full Version : RMU @ #2 NDSU

Pages : 1 [2]

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 04:40 PM
Correct. Done for today

Hate to see a guy like him get his chance at some reps and then goes out in his first drive. At least he got a Rushing TD out of it though.

dewey
September 23rd, 2017, 04:44 PM
Nice to see Henry Van Dellen getting some game experience.

Then gets sacked.

Dewey

X-Factor
September 23rd, 2017, 04:45 PM
Hate to see a guy like him get his chance at some reps and then goes out in his first drive. At least he got a Rushing TD out of it though.
Agreed. He has earned it!
it will be nice to get van dellen some time, however. From Plymouth, MN if memory serves correct.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 04:48 PM
it will be nice to get van dellen some time, however. From Plymouth, MN if memory serves correct.

IMO, Van Dellen needs it more than Davis (however I think Hotchkiss is the future of the Bison and will have 3 years to reign), but Davis is a kind-hearted guy who is humbled on and off the field, and to see this, just sucks.

Van Dellen needs to take off with that ball and get positive yards in that situation.

dewey
September 23rd, 2017, 04:49 PM

Yes. Van Dellen is from Plymouth. Providence Academy.

Dewey

FargoBison
September 23rd, 2017, 04:50 PM
LOL another RMU INT

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

gsf23nd
September 23rd, 2017, 04:52 PM
What's wrong with Lee? I haven't heard him say anything negative about the Bison yet.

FargoBison
September 23rd, 2017, 04:59 PM
MSU up 42-21 in the potato silo

dewey
September 23rd, 2017, 04:59 PM
The DB from RMU shpuld have had a pick 6. Vam Dellen late on the out route.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 05:00 PM
Yeah that was not a good throw. You got to pump fake that and get the out route.

X-Factor
September 23rd, 2017, 05:01 PM
IMO, Van Dellen needs it more than Davis (however I think Hotchkiss is the future of the Bison and will have 3 years to reign), but Davis is a kind-hearted guy who is humbled on and off the field, and to see this, just sucks.

Van Dellen needs to take off with that ball and get positive yards in that situation.

could be, but my money is on Trey Lance.

- - - Updated - - -

dewey
September 23rd, 2017, 05:05 PM
We are struggling running the ball today ;)

Dewey https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170923/a9ffd5d1c8aee439605cd9df34d53d30.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 05:06 PM

- - - Updated - - -

It will be an intense battle but I believe they move Spence to defense (assuming he does not transfer), and if Van Dellen (still) looks shaky in spring ball, Holden gets the #2 behind Stick and Van Dellen might look to transfer if he is beaten out, knowing he will never get that #1 spot on the depth chart.

FargoBison
September 23rd, 2017, 05:11 PM
Make that 49-21 at the potato silo in GF

TennBison
September 23rd, 2017, 06:51 PM
RMU..........................what can I say. You should have just stayed at home. You were lucky that NDSU took their foot off the gas. How does a team like that show up and not even seem to have a clue about how to play.

The Pud
September 23rd, 2017, 06:57 PM
NDSU looking like the Number 1 team in FCS today

centennial
September 23rd, 2017, 07:08 PM
NDSU looking like the Number 1 team in FCS today

Looked like a top 30-40 team in all of college football. But unless NDSU can knock off a good FBS team it's hard to be definitive. My eye test says NDSU is looking like an above average Big 10 team. We will see if we NDSU can beat SDSU, USD, WIU, YSU, UNI etc.

The Pud
September 23rd, 2017, 07:13 PM
Looked like a top 30-40 team in all of college football. But unless NDSU can knock off a good FBS team it's hard to be definitive. My eye test says NDSU is looking like an above average Big 10 team. We will see if we NDSU can beat SDSU, USD, WIU, YSU, UNI etc.

If they win out the MVFC without a loss, then I say NDSU is more like a top 4 Big 10 team

dewey
September 23rd, 2017, 07:50 PM
If they win out the MVFC without a loss, then I say NDSU is more like a top 4 Big 10 team

Just as long as the season ends with the NDSU Bison hoisting another National Title trophy.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 23rd, 2017, 07:55 PM
Marlette looked real good today. Keep DeLuca resting for Missouri State and Indiana State.

Lance Dunn.....what a beast!

Left side of the OL is still a work in progress....right side is lights out.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 07:56 PM
Just as long as the season ends with the NDSU Bison hoisting another National Title trophy.

Dewey

This and more of this.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 07:56 PM
Was Plank held out for precautionary reasons today? I ask since I saw him in a polo today and was wondering.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 23rd, 2017, 07:58 PM
Was Plank held out for precautionary reasons today? I ask since I saw him in a polo today and was wondering.

Dinged up ankle.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 08:01 PM
Dinged up ankle.

Hopefully he heals up in time for YSU as well as DeLuca

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 23rd, 2017, 08:11 PM
Hopefully he heals up in time for YSU as well as DeLuca

Not sure on the timeline for Plank. But we shouldn't be worried with how Marlette and Jordheim are playing. Cox is a beast on special teams and he looks the part. He is going to be an awesome LB.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 08:14 PM
Not sure on the timeline for Plank. But we shouldn't be worried with how Marlette and Jordheim are playing. Cox is a beast on special teams and he looks the part. He is going to be an awesome LB.

Cox came on strong and Mercadel is looking he is going to be fighting into the rotation on certain packages which is good to see as well. Marlette was a beast today clogging up the passing lanes and Dempsey had a nice pick-6 as well.

dewey
September 23rd, 2017, 08:21 PM

Cole Jirik was singing the praises of Marlette during the post game show.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 23rd, 2017, 08:22 PM
Cole Jirik was singing the praises of Marlette during the post game show.

Dewey

IMO, Marlette is better than Plank....by a lot.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 08:31 PM
IMO, Marlette is better than Plank....by a lot.

3-4 packages in the future with Double A gap blitzes by Marlette and DeLuca?

Oh that would make me so happy!

Professor Chaos
September 23rd, 2017, 08:47 PM
3-4 packages in the future with Double A gap blitzes by Marlette and DeLuca?

Oh that would make me so happy!
If I ever see the Bison in a 3-4 I have a feeling I will immediately break out in cold sweats having traumatic flashbacks to 2009.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 23rd, 2017, 08:57 PM
If I ever see the Bison in a 3-4 I have a feeling I will immediately break out in cold sweats having traumatic flashbacks to 2009.

With how good the front 4 are doing, I doubt we anything like that. Who was the DC for that one year? Breske or something like that.....worthless scheme he had.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 09:09 PM

With how good the front 4 are doing, I doubt we anything like that. Who was the DC for that one year? Breske or something like that.....worthless scheme he had.

Not saying we go to 3-4, but keep both guys out there would be nice. Would a 4-4-2-1 look better?

1 high safety (Tre)
2 CBs
4 LBs
4 DLs

BisonFan02
September 23rd, 2017, 09:17 PM

Teams that run 3-4 in the FCS can't recruit depth/size on the DL. NDSU can.....run the 4-3.

Bison56
September 23rd, 2017, 09:29 PM
Teams that run 3-4 in the FCS can't recruit depth/size on the DL. NDSU can.....run the 4-3.

^This

Professor Chaos
September 23rd, 2017, 10:32 PM
I think the toughest thing about running the 3-4 is having to recruit the monster NT who can anchor the middle. Just tough to get D-lineman with that size and skill at the FCS level.

Schism55
September 23rd, 2017, 10:36 PM
The future looks very bright, NDSU has a ton of fresh/r-fresh who are already really good!
Go Bisons!!!

dewey
September 23rd, 2017, 11:20 PM
Not saying we go to 3-4, but keep both guys out there would be nice. Would a 4-4-2-1 look better?

1 high safety (Tre)
2 CBs
4 LBs
4 DLs

The problem with this is it takes Robbie Grimsley off the field. Grimsley has been very good.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 11:31 PM
The problem with this is it takes Robbie Grimsley off the field. Grimsley has been very good.

Dewey

Grimsley can sub in on run plays. Again, it would be a package set. So if they do power run, he is in to help out the box and if it pass, and he is out there, DeLuca covers the RB and Marlette can apply pressure and they would still have 2 more 1 LB to help and Grimsley would drop back or attack the QB and then Cox or Jordheim helps with the pass.

BisonFan02
September 23rd, 2017, 11:42 PM
One more note....I've been on the Lance Dunn train since he first stepped on campus....he had a decent year last year, but you can tell he's turned the corner on the offense. He's only a junior....gonna be fun to watch going forward.

dewey
September 23rd, 2017, 11:59 PM
One more note....I've been on the Lance Dunn train since he first stepped on campus....he had a decent year last year, but you can tell he's turned the corner on the offense. He's only a junior....gonna be fun to watch going forward.

I have been very impressed with his patience and waiting for blockers. That swing pass today where he waited for the blocker to come over was beautiful.

He could be looking at a potential All American season.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 24th, 2017, 05:55 AM

29 carries for 401 yards and 8 rushing TDs -- nice start to the season!

September 24th, 2017, 06:58 AM
Well now the preliminaries are done, the real season (MVFC meat grinder) begins. LETS MAKE SOME SAUSAGE!

The Pud
September 24th, 2017, 06:59 AM
Well now the preliminaries are done, the real season (MVFC meat grinder) begins. LETS MAKE SOME SAUSAGE!

I am sure you guys are primed for the MVFC. MVFC is the toughest conference in the FCS hands down!

cx500d
September 24th, 2017, 02:06 PM
wow, 30 pages on a throw away cupcake game

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2017, 02:08 PM
wow, 30 pages on a throw away cupcake game

#HailTheBison

cx500d
September 24th, 2017, 02:08 PM
#HailTheBison

Not one page on UND-Montana State....zip

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2017, 02:10 PM

#BigFluffy

cx500d
September 24th, 2017, 02:12 PM
#BigFluffy
fn hawkers are looking more like fn finches

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2017, 02:13 PM
fn hawkers are looking more like fn finches

The How About We Keep Sioux are crapping the bed harder than the Falcons in the Superbowl

dewey
September 24th, 2017, 02:19 PM
fn hawkers are looking more like fn swallows

Fixed your post for you:D

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 24th, 2017, 02:20 PM

They're hockey fans.

GodHelpTheBears
September 24th, 2017, 02:23 PM

Wait, now ​you're turning the meat grinder on? What were your guys doing yesterday?

BisonFan02
September 24th, 2017, 02:53 PM
Wait, now ​you're turning the meat grinder on? What were your guys doing yesterday?

Absolutely nothing after about halfway through the second quarter.

milleniumkat
September 24th, 2017, 08:49 PM
This was fun

Professor Chaos
September 24th, 2017, 08:58 PM
The first couple weeks aren't very good meat though. It'll just be some ****ty bear and tree (???) sausage. In 3 weeks we can make some Penguin/rapist sausage... mucho better!

POD Knows
September 24th, 2017, 09:02 PM
The first couple weeks aren't very good meat though. It'll just be some ****ty bear and tree (???) sausage. In 3 weeks we can make some Penguin/rapist sausage... mucho better!don't overlook ISUb, MSU, yea, they suck but ISUb isn't a pushover.

Professor Chaos
September 24th, 2017, 09:06 PM
don't overlook ISUb, MSU, yea, they suck but ISUb isn't a pushover.
We'll see after this week how much respect I give them. I think very highly of Illinois St this year (I still think they finish 3rd in the conference ahead of the likes of WIU and USD) so if Indiana St can give them a good game this weekend it'll give me some pause in expecting a blowout when NDSU heads there in two weeks.

Luckily my team won't overlook them regardless. :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 24th, 2017, 09:12 PM
don't overlook ISUb, MSU, yea, they suck but ISUb isn't a pushover.

I'm roadtrippin down to that game in 2 weeks to cheer the Bison on. The Bison get everyone's best effort and I suspect Ind State will also.

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2017, 09:22 PM
I'm roadtrippin down to that game in 2 weeks to cheer the Bison on. The Bison get everyone's best effort and I suspect Ind State will also.

So you're picking me up, right? xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 24th, 2017, 09:50 PM
So you're picking me up, right? xlolx

I'm going thru the cities. You want to go, sure.

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2017, 10:06 PM
I'm going thru the cities. You want to go, sure.

I do not know if I could even get it off that Friday. But it would be fun though.

September 24th, 2017, 11:02 PM
The first couple weeks aren't very good meat though. It'll just be some ****ty bear and tree (???) sausage. In 3 weeks we can make some Penguin/rapist sausage... mucho better!
LOL you need trees to smoke the sausage you make.

Bisonoline
September 25th, 2017, 02:27 PM
Youngstown pre-game & game itself will be much more fun... :cool:

https://www.ndsualumni.com/2017/youngstown

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Looks like Tatanka and myself will make this trip. He need to get a hall pass first. :D

cx500d
September 26th, 2017, 09:15 PM
Looks like Tatanka and myself will make this trip. He need to get a hall pass first. :D

Lets see...Tailgate $25...Game Ticket = $15?

Bisonoline
September 26th, 2017, 09:44 PM
Lets see...Tailgate $25...Game Ticket = $15?

Dont forget hotel and the flight and rental car.