Pages : 1 [2]

ElCid
September 12th, 2017, 08:58 PM
i just wanna say..... i ❤️Fcs

Doesn't everyone?

TheKingpin28
September 12th, 2017, 09:08 PM
Doesn't everyone?

If only this was the case but when people cannot distinguish us from D2, it reminds me as to why I love this level and not the ignorance of the FBS.

ElCid
September 12th, 2017, 09:11 PM
If only this was the case but when people cannot distinguish us from D2, it reminds me as to why I love this level and not the ignorance of the FBS.

Yeah, I should have said "don't all knowledgeable college football fans love FCS." The stupid ones don't.

Bison56
September 12th, 2017, 09:19 PM
It's week 2 quit crying.

ST_Lawson
September 12th, 2017, 09:20 PM
This ^. I watched a good chunk of their game vs Bowling Green this weekend, and came away quite impressed. If they stay healthy and continue to play like that they will cause some headaches for opposing mfvc teams. Also, Streveler is a slippery bastage.

Damn guys, come on. Can the other mid-MVFC teams stop getting better...like...just one year maybe?

tierre
September 12th, 2017, 10:53 PM

FIU fans thought we were D2 when they played us. We had to explain to those folks in that we are both DI excepts we are FCS and they are FBS.

RootinFerDukes
September 13th, 2017, 08:41 AM
Not arguing for or against your point, but you really can't use the numerical ranking of the teams. As a rough measure I guess you could, but a much more accurate method would be to use the actual rating #.

For example ECU is ranked 122 in massey, but their overall rating is 1.24, ETSU is ranked 223 but their rating is 0.48. Average is 0.86

MVSU rating is -0.16 and EWU rating is 1.38. Average is 0.61.

The reason you want to use the rating is there could a whole bunch of teams clumped together in ratings but be much further apart in ranking. Just more accurate this way. Sorry, I have a thing for accuracy.

No that's a very good point.

PantherRob82
September 14th, 2017, 03:36 PM
Damn guys, come on. Can the other mid-MVFC teams stop getting better...like...just one year maybe?
Well maybe you shouldn't have given them your coach. :)

ST_Lawson
September 14th, 2017, 03:58 PM
Well maybe you shouldn't have given them your coach. :)

Ouch....damn man...just...damn.

milleniumkat
September 14th, 2017, 08:57 PM
lol

Redbird 4th & short
September 15th, 2017, 08:52 AM
Ouch....damn man...just...damn.

It has worked out fine for both programs ... I think SIU is making a move up too. And with UNI and YSU being better than expected out of the gate, we could have 8 MVFC teams in top 25 if current trend continues - maybe not in same week, but 8 in the hunt.

Then as we all know, once MVFC conference season starts .. its 40 wins and 40 losses. So if you don't get into subjective polls top 20 by start of conference play, you live and/or die based on when you play upper half of MVFC. Even then, it is an absolute scrum and very hard to do better than 5-3. Only 2 teams seem to be 90%+ likely "beatable" at this point .. ISUb and MoST .. though I probably just jinxed my Redbrds

This weekend will foretell a lot about how many MVFC teams are in Top 25 and playoff hunt. I've picked InSU and MoST to lose their non-conf games this week. But MoST could easily find their stride and beat MuST. And to lesser extent, I can see ISUb beating Liberty .. but that one would surprise me more with Liberty at home and putting up some points this year.

From there on out, it is 40 wins 40 losses .. robbing Peter to pay Paul. But if week 3 goes well for MVFC, with UNI and YSU being better than most of us thought ... the MVFC playoff discussion starts at 5 teams, with 6 being a reaistic possibility. Most of us will have likely played 6 or 7 top 25 teams in conference, plus whatever else we did non-conf.