PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - Week 3

carney2
September 10th, 2017, 09:32 AM
Still hyperventilating from a sorryass Saturday. I’m guessing that Urban Meyer feels bad, but at least he’s not looking at most of his League in the toilet. Anyway, here we go for another round of “competitive” Patriot League football:

Yale @ LEHIGH
Eastern Washington @ FORDHAM
Marist @ GEORGETOWN
New Hampshire @ HOLY CROSS
LAFAYETTE @ Villanova
BUCKNELL @ William & Mary
COLGATE @ Buffalo

Pass the Tums.

Game of the Week: TIE –
Both games feature Patriot League teams squaring off against the big kids of FCS football. Here’s hoping that one, the other, or both do something to salvage our deteriorating reputation.

NOTE: Bucknell and Lafayette are also going up against some "big kids." Perhaps Fordham and the Cross are also in this category, but Bucky and the Pards are in the Christians vs. the lions category in the Roman Colosseum.

CFBfan
September 10th, 2017, 09:51 AM
Still hyperventilating from a sorryass Saturday. I’m guessing that Urban Meyer feels bad, but at least he’s not looking at most of his League in the toilet. Anyway, here we go for another round of “competitive” Patriot League football:

Yale @ LEHIGH
Marist @ GEORGETOWN
LAFAYETTE @ Villanova
COLGATE @ Buffalo

Pass the Tums.

Game of the Week: TIE –
Both games feature Patriot League teams squaring off against the big kids of FCS football. Here’s hoping that one, the other, or both do something to salvage our deteriorating reputation.

NOTE: Bucknell and Lafayette are also going up against some "big kids." Perhaps Fordham and the Cross are also in this category, but Bucky and the Pards are in the Christians vs. the lions category in the Roman Colosseum.

Gate isn't exactly playing a cupcake and they're on the road

TheValleyRaider
September 10th, 2017, 10:05 AM

To be fair, he specifically said "FCS" opponents. Buffalo is not, in fact, an FCS team, though I can understand any confusion

carney2
September 10th, 2017, 10:16 AM

Ah, yes, Game of the Week - a constant bone of contention. "My team's game is always bigger."

citdog
September 10th, 2017, 10:32 AM
Looks like the patsy gets swept this week...

Sader87
September 10th, 2017, 11:00 AM
League-wide, I have to think this may be the toughest OOC slate the PL was evah played during one week, no?

bonarae
September 10th, 2017, 05:09 PM
Lehigh
Fordham - both teams have strong Os but suspect Ds
Georgetown
UNH
Villanova
W&M
Colgate - Bulls are 0-2 ATM, and their first two games were low-scoring.

carney2
September 10th, 2017, 06:57 PM
Yale @ LEHIGH – If this wasn’t Eli’s opener I’d probably go the other way. No pun intended, but the Squawks look pretty crappy. OK, it was intentional.

Eastern Washington @ FORDHAM – The Rams haven’t shown a thing so far and this looks like the deep end of the pool. Kudos, though, to the scheduling folks in the Bronx for getting this game.

Marist @ GEORGETOWN – The only Patriot League team to open the season 2-0!

New Hampshire @ HOLY CROSS – Another “show me” game for the Crossers. Another time that they are in over their heads.

LAFAYETTE @ Villanova – Not a prayer. The Pards are a really bad team at the moment. Can Garrett get it straightened out – even by 2019?

BUCKNELL @ William & Mary – Bucky gets pummeled.

COLGATE @ Buffalo - The ‘gaters continue to walk down murderer’s row. The Bulls are certainly not a powerhouse, but probably have too much for the Raiders.

PAllen
September 10th, 2017, 07:11 PM
Looks like the patsy gets swept this week...

Pretty much. Colgate probably has the best chance at winning.

Sandlapper Spike
September 10th, 2017, 07:20 PM
Yale @ LEHIGH
Eastern Washington @ FORDHAM I think this may be close, though...
Marist @ GEORGETOWN
LAFAYETTE @ Villanova
COLGATE @ Buffalo

Go...gate
September 10th, 2017, 07:33 PM
League-wide, I have to think this may be the toughest OOC slate the PL was evah played during one week, no?

Certainly one of the toughest that I can remember. Happy to see it.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 10th, 2017, 08:12 PM
Congrats to Georgetown, who will remain the only undefeated PL team after this weekend.

We will also prove that the PL is definitely better than the PFL - or at least Marist. After that, though...

Lehigh Football Nation
September 10th, 2017, 08:58 PM
Who will win, Eastern Washington, who can't stop anybody, or Fordham, who can't stop anybody?

ngineer
September 10th, 2017, 09:18 PM
Fordham has not been impressive, as yet and EWU should win easily. However, the Eagles may be blinded by the lights of the Big Apple and also take the Rams lightly considering their opening two games. Still, a Ram win would be a big upset, which I cannot pick. EWU, 38-28.

There may be chants of "Break up the Hoyas" after the "Rocks" pummel the Foxes, 37-21

UNH is looking strong and HC has 'shown well", though when one digs a bit, their win at Bucknell was aided by a lot of Bison droppings. With Pujals, Crusaders can always make it interesting, but I don't see them keeping pace with the Wildcats. UNH--45-31.

The Laughyette/Villanova game should be over at the half. Leotards struggling in many phases and breaking in some inexperienced players as Garrett tries to sort it out. Wildcats should get a lot of work for their #2's and 3's. Villanova, 49-17

Bucknell appears to be in the usual 'wandering in the woods' looking for an offense. They have a chance only if William takes the day off. Tribe win big, 38-10

Colgate currently carrying the honor of the Patriot league may give Buffalo a shuffle and an upset will not be a shock, have to go with Buffalo, 24-17.

Hard to believe the third week of the season may be viewed as a "must win" for Lehigh, but it feels that way to me. Another dismal performance that mirrors last week's embarrassment could send the Mountain Hawks into a nose dive. I have to believe, Coen will have his troops ready for this challenge. Yale will have blood in their eyes from last year's debacle in New Haven. It's their opening game, so Lehigh may get a break with some opening game mistakes, but Yale has the benefit of watching two weeks of tape showing Lehigh's defense being gouged every which way from Sunday. I am going strictly on faith that the Brown & White will come out with a passion to show a lot of people that they can still compete. Lehigh, 45-31.

BucBisonAtLarge
September 10th, 2017, 11:30 PM
11-1
Yale- The Elis are probably better than Monmouth...
Eastern Washington- Fordham has some issues to sort out
Georgetown- Marist is a better PFL team, but the March of the Hoyas goes on
New Hampshire- Go Saders
Villanova- sorry 'pards, not this week
William & Mary- The Bison offense is a season-long project. Not ready, but the Tribe could be caught napping. Nah. Probably not.
Buffalo- Go Colgate

It is humbling to pick against the PL so much, but I agree, this is a schedule we want in the OOC.

Gangtackle11
September 11th, 2017, 06:38 AM
LEHIGH 63 Yale 42
Eastern Washington 45 Fordham 27
Georgetown 20 Marist 14
UNH 34 @ Holy Cross 24
Villanova 42 Lafayette 10
William & Mary 27 Bucknell 7
Buffalo 20 Colgate 17

Last Week: 4-2 Season: 9-3

Lehigh Football Nation
September 11th, 2017, 09:37 AM
LEHIGH 63 Yale 42

I like your confidence.

RichH2
September 11th, 2017, 10:17 AM
One hopes Lehigh has their WTF game out of their system. However, veteran teams are supposed to improve from game 1 to 2 not disimprove. Some key injuries to Bragalone and Christiano doesn't help LU offense. D still a work in progress after 4 years. Without some semblance of D this team goes nowhere.
I'll await the 2 deeps before picking. Not an easy week for PL.

ngineer
September 11th, 2017, 12:58 PM
One hopes Lehigh has their WTF game out of their system. However, veteran teams are supposed to improve from game 1 to 2 not disimprove. Some key injuries to Bragalone and Christiano doesn't help LU offense. D still a work in progress after 4 years. Without some semblance of D this team goes nowhere.

My sense is that Brags will play, but not the usual amount of reps. regardless of nature of fx, Christiano will undoubtedly be out this week and likely for a few weeks. We have good depth at WR, so no need to rush him back. May get to see the hotshot freshman RB this week? Showers being forecast for Saturday right now. If a 'steady rain' we could have problems. If intermittent, then not so bad for the pass game.

RichH2
September 11th, 2017, 02:17 PM
Thanks ngineer. Better news than expected. Still hope to see Chadbourne tho.

Lehigh'98
September 11th, 2017, 04:32 PM
Yale 35 @ LEHIGH 42 - Lehigh has shown us they have a definitive ceiling with how far they can go due to defense. Yale is a winnable game for them though.
Eastern Washington 46 @ FORDHAM 29 - Fordham has shown significant regression this season, so has EWU.
Marist 13 @ GEORGETOWN 24 - Go Hoyas!
New Hampshire 42 @ HOLY CROSS 24 - UNH suffers from FBS hangover, HC makes it tougher than it should be, for awhile.
LAFAYETTE 20 @ Villanova 38 - Just a better team
BUCKNELL 6 @ William & Mary 34 - Bucknell isn't very good
COLGATE 30 @ Buffalo 31 - Buffalo almost beat Army, they get benefit of doubt here.

cx500d
September 11th, 2017, 04:35 PM
LEHIGH
Eastern Washington
GEORGETOWN
New Hampshire
Villanova
William & Mary
COLGATE

TheValleyRaider
September 11th, 2017, 05:26 PM
4-2 last week, 10-2 on the year. Lehigh and the alma mater were both disappointments. 2 out of 3 ain't bad, though, so dust off and do it again.

Yale at Lehigh Lehigh Shifting expectations in Bethlehem after a disappointing defeat. It wasn't so much the loss (Lehigh did drop one to Monmouth last year), but they way they went down has the mountain men feeling down. Speaking of results from last year, the Hawks hammered Yale, which has to make them feel a little better about this matchup. This squad may not be the caliber of recent Lehigh teams, but this is a program that performs well against the Ivies. Hawks at home for win #1.

Eastern Washington at Fordham Eastern Washington Speaking of diminishing expectations, this is a fascinating matchup. While it has lost considerable luster since first being announced, this is one of those cross-country games you don't see much of, and I think the League would like to see more often. The Bronx is a long trip for the boys from Cheney, but the Rams are also a step down in competition from Texas Tech and North Dakota State. A win here for Fordham would be bigger than Colgate's win at Cal Poly, given what the Eagles have done nationally in recent years, but that's also why it's hard to pick such a thing happening.

Marist at Georgetown Georgetown Once again, the Hoyas start the year with a victory, and have a chance to stay unbeaten into Week 3. Georgetown's offense remains limited, at best, but their defense is solid. Marist has already faced a similar combination against Bucknell in Week 1. It didn't go well for the Foxes. I see a similar, if slightly closer, contest here.

New Hampshire at Holy Cross New Hampshire This, for my money, is the most interesting game on tap for Saturday. The Crusaders have shown well so far this year, but the national power Wildcats are a different test. Interesting subplot, UNH has played a rival and an FBS opponent to start the year; does that cause them to go a little light (at least at first) in Worcester? Would that be enough to give HC a shot? Being at home is nice, but I have to pick the Cats, especially since they are probably better than a team the Crusaders already lost to.

Lafayette at Villanova Villanova Well, this escalated quickly for the Leopards. From Monmouth and Sacred Heart (respectable programs) to a CAA contender like Villanova is quite a step. The young Leopards appeared to have some moments in those first two games, but not enough to win there. I won't be surprised if Lafayette hangs around for far too long in this one (as I am never surprised by anything Lafayette does), but "far too long" could easily mean, "late in the 1st quarter."

Bucknell at William & Mary William & Mary Two weeks, two blowouts for the Bison, one each direction. William & Mary is a solid program, but one I feel like I haven't heard much about on the national stage recently. A look at their recent seasons shows a 9-win campaign in 2015, but overall a slightly above average record. "Slightly above average" in the CAA usually trumps similar from the Patriot League, and I can't say Bucknell's last game suggests they are even at that level this year.

Colgate at Buffalo Colgate I don't really know what to make of this one. A victory in our more recent FBS games would have been the stuff dreams are made of, but those are also programs of a much higher caliber than the Bulls. Raiders were game, but ultimately not enough in coming up short against Richmond, who could very well be a better team than Buffalo. Rather than break down a team I don't really know much about, I'd rather look fondly back to our last meeting with UB, a 38-15 romp that included the introduction of future Payton Award winner Jamaal Branch. I'd gladly sign up for a similar outcome, especially if it means another breakout offensive performance.

Go...gate
September 11th, 2017, 06:49 PM

I believe Lehigh will be fine. Villanova is a capable club and Monmouth looks like they could be a force in the Big South. A win this week over the Eli will get the Engineers' train back on the track.

RichH2
September 11th, 2017, 07:02 PM
I believe Lehigh will be fine. Villanova is a capable club and Monmouth looks like they could be a force in the Big South. A win this week over the Eli will get the train back on the track.

Pard4Life
September 11th, 2017, 07:19 PM
If Lehigh continues to drown and Pards figure out their defense, 153 may be interesting. Pards are not great but the mark of a good coaching staff is if we actually improve... we had no hope of that under T since 2010... 2013 was an aberration.

ngineer
September 11th, 2017, 10:12 PM
If Lehigh continues to drown and Pards figure out their defense, 153 may be interesting. Pards are not great but the mark of a good coaching staff is if we actually improve... we had no hope of that under T since 2010... 2013 was an aberration.

Exactly. That will be the real measure of the 'pards this year. Not the W-L's, but whether they get better. My sense in seeing good portions of both 'pard games, is that they were basically the same team. No discernible improvement, but no regression, either; as opposed to us who showed some great signs of potential against Villanova, but had no 'fire' at Monmouth. 153 could be interesting since, by then, the young pards won't be young anymore.

Go...gate
September 12th, 2017, 12:18 AM

I can easily see you guys going 9-2 or 8-3 and winning the conference.

Southsider
September 12th, 2017, 07:38 AM
I can easily see you guys going 9-2 or 8-3 and winning the conference.

........and then getting destroyed in round 1. Pains me to say it, but w/o true commitment from top-down, what we've seen is what we will continue to get!

Lehigh Football Nation
September 12th, 2017, 09:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Bluefish845
September 12th, 2017, 04:41 PM
Yale @ LEHIGH
Marist @ GEORGETOWN
LAFAYETTE @ Villanova
COLGATE @ Buffalo

van
September 13th, 2017, 07:46 AM
Yale @ LEHIGH, gotta win one some time

Eastern Washington @ FORDHAM, will there be enough room on the scoreboard

Marist @ GEORGETOWN, Hoyas D will be enough to stop foxes

New Hampshire @ HOLY CROSS, Cats will be in for a fight but should have enough to get by stubborn crossers

LAFAYETTE @ Villanova, might need to employ mercy rule in this one

BUCKNELL @ William & Mary, buffs D is for real but can't win if you can't score

COLGATE @ Buffalo, Gate win would not be out of the question, but giving nod to home team

crusader11
September 13th, 2017, 08:53 AM
Here's what Vegas says:

Holy Cross +14.5 v. UNH

Lehigh -13 v. Yale

Georgetown -10.5 v. Marist

Fordham +20 v. Eastern Washington

Lafayette +30.5 at Villanova

Bucknell +13.5 at William & Mary

Colgate +8.5 at Buffalo

The Boogie Down
September 13th, 2017, 12:45 PM
#3 Yale @ #46 Lehigh
NR Eastern Washington @ #61 Fordham
NR Marist @ #20 Georgetown
NR New Hampshire @ #33 (tied, coaches) Holy Cross
#36 (coaches) Lafayette @ #46 Villanova
#33 (tied, coaches) Bucknell @ #32 William & Mary
#12 (coaches) Colgate @ NR Buffalo

PAllen
September 13th, 2017, 05:37 PM
Here's what Vegas says:

Holy Cross +14.5 v. UNH

Lehigh -13 v. Yale

Georgetown -10.5 v. Marist

Fordham +20 v. Eastern Washington

Lafayette +30.5 at Villanova

Bucknell +13.5 at William & Mary

Colgate +8.5 at Buffalo

buy the half points and HC, Yale, Marist, Fordham, Lafayette, W&M, and Colgate against those lines.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 13th, 2017, 07:51 PM
The Wedge Week 2 Review and Power Rankings

http://thefcswedge.com/a-look-at-what-is-happening-around-the-country/patriot-league-week-2-review-and-power-rankings/

Bill
September 13th, 2017, 10:48 PM
I'm at 9-3 now...and still having hope for a winning season in Saucon Valley.

Yale @ LEHIGH
Marist @ GEORGETOWN
LAFAYETTE @ Villanova
COLGATE @ Buffalo

Lehigh Football Nation
September 14th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Any PL fan should be rooting very hard for Fordham this weekend to upset Eastern Washington - it would give the Patriot League two wins against preseason Top 25 Big Sky schools and might allow Fordham, Colgate or both to gain an advantage in a potential at-large bid discussion in November.

crusader11
September 14th, 2017, 11:04 AM
...and might allow Fordham, Colgate or both to gain an advantage in a potential at-large bid discussion in November.

Holy Cross* xpeacex

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 14th, 2017, 11:17 AM
Holy Cross* xpeacex

Indeed! Although I think Fordham's might be more winnable because UNH>>>EWU this year.

Sader87
September 14th, 2017, 11:55 AM
Gilmore doesn't "have" to win this game Saturday. But I will say this, a win ovah UNH would go a long way in getting myself and many detractors off his back.....for awhile anyway xdrunkyx

Lehigh Football Nation
September 14th, 2017, 03:22 PM
Holy Cross* xpeacex

The problem with this is:

Before HC win over UNH: "The CAA reigns supreme, UNH is unstoppable, PL has no chance"
After HC win over UNH: "Everyone knew UNH was overrated, they should have scheduled Albany"

RichH2
September 14th, 2017, 05:50 PM
The problem with this is:

Before HC win over UNH: "The CAA reigns supreme, UNH is unstoppable, PL has no chance"
After HC win over UNH: "Everyone knew UNH was overrated, they should have scheduled Albany"

It is amazing how when PL gets the W in theses games invariably the CAA had a bad day or was in fact overrated. Up to us to make these Ws more common to stifle that excuse.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 15th, 2017, 12:15 AM
Game Breakdown + Fearless Prediction of Yale/Lehigh:

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2017/09/yale-at-lehigh-game-breakdown-and.html

More predictions:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/csjs-fcs-week-3-game-of-the-week-spotlight-and-fearless-predictions/

The TL;DR picks:

Fordham 44, EWU 27 - Cross-country trip for EWU after NDSU loss a rough one. Fresher Fordham at home should win and get the ship righted.

New Hampshire 24, Holy Cross 21 - I see a closer game than people think that could go either way, but UNH edges it out in the end.

Lehigh 26, Yale 20 - I think this will be lower-scoring than everyone thinks, and will be a bigger gut-check game for Lehigh than anyone thinks.

Georgetown 37, Marist 10 - Undefeated Hoya Mania

Villanova 27, Lafayette 10 - Wildcat letdown, but not a close game.

William and Mary 27, Bucknell 7 - Something off about the Bucknell offense, and unlikely to solve it this week.

Buffalo 37, Colgate 10 - Physical beating the first three weeks of season takes its toll in Buffalo.

Go...gate
September 15th, 2017, 12:55 AM
Eastern Washington 37, Fordham 27

Holy Cross 26, New Hampshire 23

Lehigh 34, Yale 30

Georgetown 24, Marist 7

Villanova 33, Lafayette 14

William and Mary 31, Bucknell 10

Buffalo 28, Colgate 21

Bonus Pick: Princeton 35, San Diego 17

RichH2
September 15th, 2017, 08:50 AM
Dart board week :)
Fordham
UNH
Hoyas
Nova
W&M
Buffalo
Lehigh
Well darts and some homer pick magic.

crusader11
September 15th, 2017, 08:56 AM
More predictions:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/csjs-fcs-week-3-game-of-the-week-spotlight-and-fearless-predictions/

The TL;DR picks:

Fordham 44, EWU 27 - Cross-country trip for EWU after NDSU loss a rough one. Fresher Fordham at home should win and get the ship righted.

Chuck, you know that Fordham is down its top two running backs, right? Brevard is out for the season, and Edmonds on crutches this weekend.

Fordham
September 15th, 2017, 09:06 AM
Wow. I wish I were as optimistic

Lehigh Football Nation
September 15th, 2017, 10:16 AM
Chuck, you know that Fordham is down its top two running backs, right? Brevard is out for the season, and Edmonds on crutches this weekend.

Edmonds’ potential impact on the Rams’ home opener against Eastern Washington is unclear. He’s listed as questionable for the nonconference game, which kicks off at 10 a.m. PST in the Bronx.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/sep/14/playing-or-not-fordham-running-back-chase-edmonds-/

I think he plays unless his injury is serious. IMO.

The Pud
September 15th, 2017, 10:36 AM
Ah, yes, Game of the Week - a constant bone of contention. "My team's game is always bigger."

My pick for game of the week is the intriguing matchup between New Hampshire and Holy Cross.

Spider from the North
September 15th, 2017, 11:52 AM
Yale @ LEHIGH
EASTERN WASHINGTON @ Fordham
Marist @ GEORGETOWN
NEW HAMPSHIRE @ Holy Cross
Lafayette @ VILLANOVA
Bucknell @ WILLIAM & MARY
COLGATE @ Buffalo

Leopard Loyalist
September 15th, 2017, 11:57 AM
Yale @ LEHIGH
Marist @ GEORGETOWN
LAFAYETTE @ Villanova
COLGATE @ Buffalo

crusader11
September 15th, 2017, 03:55 PM
8-4 on the young season...

Lehigh
Georgetown
EWU
Villanova
W+M
Buffalo
HC

Lehigh Football Nation
September 15th, 2017, 04:23 PM
All the media you need for this weekend's Yale/Lehigh game: Game Narratives: Into The Unknown

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2017/09/yale-at-lehigh-game-narratives-into.html

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 15th, 2017, 05:08 PM
The Wedge's PL week 3 preview

http://thefcswedge.com/a-look-at-what-is-happening-around-the-country/patriot-league-week-3-preview/

UNH-Holy Cross GOTW Preview
http://thefcswedge.com/a-look-at-what-is-happening-around-the-country/patriot-league-game-of-the-week-8-new-hampshire-at-holy-cross/

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 15th, 2017, 10:17 PM
Lehigh
Georgetown
EWU
UNH
W&M
Villanova
Buffalo

Ivytalk
September 16th, 2017, 06:09 AM
Lehigh
Georgetown
EWU
UNH
W&M
Villanova
Buffalo
Agreed.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 11:33 AM
Lehigh and Yale about to start. The Mountain Hawks have a ton of key injuries....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 11:40 AM
3 plays 75 yards TD for Yale! They should have scored a 75 yarder on the first play but the receiver fell down when there was no one within 15 yards of him...

7-0 Yale 13:45 1Q

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 11:52 AM
Yale 43 yard TD strike!!

14-0 Eli 9:58 1Q

What a dumpster fire...

cx500d
September 16th, 2017, 11:57 AM
Way to go Lehigh, making the FCS look bad....

PAllen
September 16th, 2017, 12:00 PM
Is it too late to poach Garrett from down the street?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Way to go Lehigh, making the FCS look bad....

The IL is big boy FCS football an Yale is usually pretty good but this is embarrassing.

cx500d
At least they missed a FG.

PAllen
September 16th, 2017, 12:01 PM
Hey, I know, let's call a slow developing play.

crusader11
September 16th, 2017, 12:01 PM
What is going on in Goodman? Jeez.

bulldog10jw
September 16th, 2017, 12:02 PM
Don't understand why Yale didn't go for it on 4th down from the Lehigh 30. There was a better chance of completing a pass than there was for a 47 yd FG

PAllen
September 16th, 2017, 12:04 PM
We're getting some VERY generous spots on this drive.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 12:07 PM
It's safe to say Lehigh can't run. The OL is really underachieving....

PAllen
September 16th, 2017, 12:08 PM
Bailed out by the BJ on that one. Good acting job by our WR, ball was way overthrown.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 12:09 PM
Bailed out by the BJ on that one. Good acting job by our WR, ball was way overthrown.

He grabbed his jersey and held on for 6-7 yards. If it wasn't PI it was certainly defensive holding....

PAllen
September 16th, 2017, 12:12 PM
He grabbed his jersey and held on for 6-7 yards. If it wasn't PI it was certainly defensive holding....

Maybe. WR not effected until he looked back for the ball and saw it was way overthrown, then the soccer foul acting job. But hey, good veteran move knowing the defender had his hands on him.

We can't run because all of our plays are slow developing draws and counters. This team needs to learn how to line up in the I once in a while.

The one stretch play and we score.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 12:13 PM
TD Lehigh!! That was a nice run! Good drive!

14-7 End 1Q

bulldog10jw
September 16th, 2017, 12:14 PM
One thing hasn't changed for Yale. They are still horrible at stopping 3rd down conversions.

PAllen
September 16th, 2017, 12:15 PM
Man this ref must have early dinner reservations. He really wants his crew to move fast.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 12:22 PM
Ambulance out for Lehigh's Donovan Harris. Not sure of the injury. He was moving his legs. Looked like he might have been knocked out like Jones last year....

PAllen
September 16th, 2017, 12:23 PM
anybody else's feed down?

PAllen
September 16th, 2017, 12:24 PM
feed back up, who's on the backboard?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 12:27 PM
feed back up, who's on the backboard?

Lehigh's Donovan Harris. He took a knee to the head and was knocked out for a few seconds. Not to make light of it but I think he'll be ok. Didn't look as bad Jones incident last year.

SingForever
September 16th, 2017, 12:31 PM
Lehigh needs some rel Engineers yes Again Did not see Villanova either Talked to Lehigh after that one Said they would work on solving the problem before yale game Lehigh Engineers??????

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 12:32 PM
Now that was a gift first down. First PI was legit, that was not...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 12:37 PM
TP might have 30 catches today...

DFW HOYA
September 16th, 2017, 12:37 PM
Hoyas have 12 total yards entering the second quarter. Down 14-0.

bulldog10jw
September 16th, 2017, 12:38 PM
Yale starting to get torched.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 12:39 PM
Hoyas have 12 total yards entering the second quarter. Down 7-0, about to be more

There's talent on the Hoya's offense. I don't get why it struggles so much...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 12:40 PM
TD Lehigh! But they miss the XP with the backup kicker. Mayes and the WR's are having really good games...

14-13 about 8:30 2Q

DFW HOYA
September 16th, 2017, 12:42 PM
Very little talent in skill positions. They all go elsewhere.

SingForever
September 16th, 2017, 12:42 PM
Lehigh doesn;t fix video problem. Only 5800 attendance at Villanova game???? Interest in Lehigh football is going to hell

PAllen
September 16th, 2017, 12:44 PM
TD Lehigh! But they miss the XP with the backup kicker. Mayes and the WR's are having really good games...

14-13 about 8:30 2Q

Disagree on Mayes, his passes have been all over the place.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 12:49 PM
With these officials this game might take 5 hours.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 12:53 PM
TD Yale!

21-13 Yale 4:13 2Q

PAllen
September 16th, 2017, 12:54 PM
With these officials this game might take 5 hours.

They are pretty bad, but then again, both teams are playing a very sloppy game.

bulldog10jw
September 16th, 2017, 12:54 PM
Yale has 8 penalties

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 12:55 PM
Marist 14 Georgetown 0 10:40 2Q
Fordham 7 EWU 7 11:22 2Q
UNH 7 Holy Cross 3 13:16 2Q

PAllen
September 16th, 2017, 12:57 PM
We are just not good.

crusader11
September 16th, 2017, 12:58 PM
10-7 HC, 11:21 left in the 2nd.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 01:02 PM
We are just not good.

The secondary has guys who make some nice plays on defense. The DL and LB's do nothing...

PAllen
September 16th, 2017, 01:04 PM
The secondary has guys who make some nice plays on defense. The DL and LB's do nothing...

The problem is they only make nice plays 1 out of every 4-5 times. On D you need to be able to repeat the performance in quick order, not completely fall apart the next play.

My stream is out again, I guess I'll listen to the rest.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 01:07 PM
TD Yale following the Lehigh fumble. The Eli are heading towards half-a-hundred...

Yale 28-13 Half

This is the most disappointing 6 quarters of Lehigh football I've seen in years. They've given up 112 points in 2.5 games on defense....

DFW HOYA
September 16th, 2017, 01:16 PM
Georgetown has 2 first downs vs. Marist. At home.

Marist 14-0 at halftime.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Lehigh D gave up 276 yards in the first half....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 01:33 PM
TD Lehigh! Mayes to Casey for 66 yards! They convert the 2 pt conversion!

Yale 28-21 14:10 3Q

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 01:37 PM
And the Lehigh defense gives up an easy TD drive! My goodness..

Yale 34-21 12:31 3Q

They botch the snap and couldn't get in on the XP...

crusader11
September 16th, 2017, 01:42 PM
HC up 16-7 at the half, and they receive the ball to start the second. HC nearly doubling up UNH in total yards.

RichH2
September 16th, 2017, 01:45 PM
Hate to say it but I cant watch this crap anymore. D is clueless. Dline doing nada. LBs not any better. They are leaving 2ndary hanging out there and they are getting toasted.

Lehigh'98
September 16th, 2017, 01:45 PM
Nice work HC. At least you are representing the league well

Lehigh'98
September 16th, 2017, 01:47 PM
Lehigh coaches need to catch a little heat for defense that has been broke since mid 2013. It's only got worse since then and this year it's regressing each game. Is anyone being held accountable?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 01:48 PM
That sequence right there by Lehigh is indicative of a bad football team. Just wow....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 01:51 PM
Yale 69 yard TD! There wasn't a soul within 30 yards!

42-21 Yale 6:10 3Q

Neighbor2
September 16th, 2017, 02:01 PM
I just can't hold the players responsible for this year's mess of a team. This on the coaching staff. Can't imagine any reason to be optimistic about the future under this leadership. Time to clean house. Lehigh is being destroyed by an Ivy League squad playing its first game, and on the road, too!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 02:03 PM
I just can't hold the players responsible for this year's mess of a team. This on the coaching staff. Can't imagine any reason to be optimistic about the future under this leadership. Time to clean house. Lehigh is being destroyed by an Ivy League squad playing its first game, and on the road, too!

Someone needs to be let go. I know it's FCS football but there has to be a change on the defensive side of ball. Put in Mike Yadush from TV in there and see what happens. He's seen the train wreck for 3+ years. I've never seen a defense this bad.

RichH2
September 16th, 2017, 02:12 PM
Someone needs to be let go. I know it's FCS football but there has to be a change on the defensive side of ball. Put in Mike Yadush from TV in there and see what happens. He's seen the train wreck for 3+ years. I've never seen a defense this bad.
This squad was not ready to play today. That is totally on coaches. O out of sync. Misses Brags no doubt but rest falls on new OC. Do not want to hear from Andy that it was all player mistakes. That still boils down to coaching.

crusader11
September 16th, 2017, 02:14 PM
Up in Worcester, Holy Cross leads UNH 23-7.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 02:16 PM
Lehigh defense quit on that play!!

49-21 Yale 8:55 4Q

Lehigh'98
September 16th, 2017, 02:19 PM
Is Lehigh officially the worst defense in FCS statistically yet? Can't imagine who could be worse?

PAllen
September 16th, 2017, 02:19 PM
This team has given up. 1-10 a real possibility. Letting one or two assistants go isn't going to help. The whole crew needs to go. Andy may be a nice guy, but he's a terrible head coach.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 02:21 PM
Is Lehigh officially the worst defense in FCS statistically yet? Can't imagine who could be worse?

Fordham is going make a good run at it....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 02:29 PM
Yale keeps rolling along! Just running right through the Lehigh DL!

56-28 3:40 4Q

the last indian
September 16th, 2017, 02:49 PM
Yale keeps rolling along! Just running right through the Lehigh DL!

56-28 3:40 4Q

That is really embarrasssing. Our league we supposed to be improving. Lost my picture, but the Eli receivers were sooo wide open I the first half. It ain't over til the fat lad sings, but HC looks like the class of the league with only Colgate with any
potential to stop them.

RichH2
September 16th, 2017, 02:52 PM
That is really embarrasssing. Our league we supposed to be improving. Lost my picture, but the Eli receivers were sooo wide open I the first half. It ain't over til the fat lad sings, but HC looks like the class of the league with only Colgate with any
potential to stop them.

Hell owl right now our D cant stop anybody.

RichH2
September 16th, 2017, 03:02 PM
Thank God for Cross saving a little bit of self respect for PL.

2ram
September 16th, 2017, 04:40 PM

ah no, that would have to be fordham's.

i think it only takes the opposing team an average or 1.2 minutes to score on us this season.

yes, it's that bad.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 04:57 PM
Evening wave of PL games about to start.

Colgate can notch another big win for the PL....

Southsider
September 16th, 2017, 05:04 PM
Picture perfect day and LU attendance under 5k. And all those in attendance, my son and I included, are owed a refund! May be the most pathetic LU performance I have ever witnessed. Entire staff needs to go. Please Joe, please end this nightmare!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 05:15 PM
TD Buffalo! The Bulls QB is giving Colgate fits...

7-0 Bulls 10:05 1Q

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 05:27 PM
Buffalo offense is having their way with the Colgate D

14-0 8:58 1Q

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 05:40 PM
Colgate gets on the board with a FG. Breneman looks good at QB

14-3 Bulls about 4:30 1Q

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 05:49 PM
Colgate putting in a strong entry for worst defensive performance of the day in the PL. Buffalo going up and down the field...

Bulls 20-3 0:48 1Q

Southsider
September 16th, 2017, 05:51 PM
Colgate putting in a strong entry for worst defensive performance of the day in the PL. Buffalo going up and down the field...

Bulls 20-3 0:48 1Q

Really? Obviously you didn't see LU today .

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 05:53 PM
Really? Obviously you didn't see LU today .

Ohh I did! Colgate better figure something out or the Bulls are going to drop 60+. Lehigh and Fordham already had disgraceful performances...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 06:06 PM
Some ugly performances by the PL

Buffalo 27 Colgate 3 9:40 2Q Colgate loves to schedule FBS games but clearly have no intentions to ever compete in them...

Villanova 35 Lafayette 10:20 2Q

ngineer
September 16th, 2017, 06:20 PM
I cannot add much more about the debacle on South Mountain, today. But major shake up needed either in the players and/or coaching, but a strong message will not be received by just "talking to the kids". As the old adage about the guy hitting the obstinate mule with a a 2 x 4 between the eyes, "Sometimes you have to get their attention." This team and staff was unprepared for today's game. I hopefully thought last week's embarrassing second half would have sobered up the players to reality. Obviously, not. Despite what Coen said post game, we did NOT "compete" today. This could be either a miraculous turn-around this year, or one of the worst seasons in our long history. Not that Lehigh has not had its share of 1 and 2 win seasons, but because of everyone's expectations. This team is in danger of winning only one or two games this year with this level of commitment, when most were predicting 8-3 AT WORST. Natives are, indeed, restless.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 06:25 PM
Villanova 49 Lafayette 0 0:28 2Q

Just when you thought YOUR team was having a bad day....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 06:27 PM
Bucknell deserves some props for their performance so far against W&M

10-9 Tribe Half

Lehigh Football Nation
September 16th, 2017, 06:28 PM
Is it too late to poach Garrett from down the street?

This hasn't aged well

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 06:35 PM
Buffalo 30 Colgate 3 Half

Raiders have zero passing attack. Breneman is 2/14 for 23 yards....

CHIP72
September 16th, 2017, 06:56 PM
We need to ask the UNH fans where criminals hang out in the Granite State because clearly those miscreants still haven't released the Lehigh defense from their November 2016 abduction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 07:14 PM
W&M 23 Bucknell 9 0:44 3Q

Whelp, the Bison gave it hell for 30 minutes...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 07:21 PM
W&M 30 Bucknell 9 Start of 4Q

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 07:24 PM
TD Colgate! They've battled in the 3Q. The Raiders have zero passing game but they've run for a bunch of yards...

30-10 Bulls 2:38 3Q

crusader11
September 16th, 2017, 07:29 PM
So, umm, let's go 'Saders.

RichH2
September 16th, 2017, 07:39 PM

+1 :) :)

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 07:45 PM

At the 1/4 pole HC is clearly the favorite. Colgate has a pulse but no QB/offense....

crusader11
September 16th, 2017, 07:47 PM
At the 1/4 pole HC is clearly the favorite. Colgate has a pulse but no QB/offense....

I still think Lehigh has a pulse and could be a threat.

They played Villanova to a FG.

Their defense is in disarray, but let's not write them off yet.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 07:49 PM
I still think Lehigh has a pulse and could be a threat.

They played Villanova to a FG.

Their defense is in disarray, but let's not write them off yet.

The defense is so epically bad though and injuries are piling up. It ain't happening. Lehigh and Fordham are going to be major disappointments.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 08:02 PM
Buffalo tacks on a late FB

Bulls 33-10 2:23 4Q

W&M 30 Bucknell 9 Final

Outside of HC a horrible day for the league xembarrassedx

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 16th, 2017, 08:11 PM
Well the day is over...here it is in writing...

EWU 56 Fordham 21
Yale 56 Lehigh 28
Villanova 59 Lafayette 0
W&M 30 Bucknell 9
Buffalo 33 Colgate 10
Marist 14 Georgetown 10

And the outlier
Holy Cross 51 New Hampshire 26

There are some BAD football teams in the league right now. This is brutal....

RichH2
September 16th, 2017, 08:29 PM

EWU 56 Fordham 21
Yale 56 Lehigh 28
Villanova 59 Lafayette 0
W&M 30 Bucknell 9
Buffalo 33 Colgate 10
Marist 14 Georgetown 10

And the outlier

Yup

UNHWildcat18
September 16th, 2017, 10:43 PM

EWU 56 Fordham 21
Yale 56 Lehigh 28
Villanova 59 Lafayette 0
W&M 30 Bucknell 9
Buffalo 33 Colgate 10
Marist 14 Georgetown 10

And the outlier

Holy cross seems to be the real deal. A lot of seniors and Juniors starting though. I really hope they run the table and make UNH look better lol

Lehigh Football Nation
September 16th, 2017, 10:49 PM
Holy cross seems to be the real deal. A lot of seniors and Juniors starting though. I really hope they run the table and make UNH look better lol

It seems likely you will get your wish

ngineer
September 16th, 2017, 10:51 PM
As always, whoever can play credible defense will have the inside track to a championship. Especially in this era of slipshod, reaching, grabbing, lunging tackling. Lehigh has a pulse in sideshow only because of it's offense. But unless something MAJOR occurs on defense, I struggle to see how they win more than three games: Georgetown, Bucknell and Laughyette. HC the inside favorite, with the Raiders in the hunt because of defense. Fordham appears to be in Lehigh's boat.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 17th, 2017, 06:25 AM
I wonder what Carney's take is on the whole situation...xsmiley_wix

PAllen
September 17th, 2017, 07:04 AM
This hasn't aged well

Big difference between a new coach taking over a team with no talent and an established coach repeatedly crapping the bed with a significant number of talented players.

carney2
September 17th, 2017, 09:33 AM
Not that Lehigh has not had its share of 1 and 2 win seasons, but because of everyone's expectations. This team is in danger of winning only one or two games this year

Cheer up, Squawkers, the Patriot League season is yet to come. Have you noticed the absolute garbage that is masquerading as football in this League?

RichH2
September 17th, 2017, 09:41 AM
Cheer up, Squawkers, the Patriot League season is yet to come. Have you noticed the absolute garbage that is masquerading as football in this League?

Definitely surprising to me to see a gap that had been slowing tightening zooming to an absolute abyss. Never expected our growth with schollies to take such a sudden and widespread collapse. Holy crap on a cracker.

bulldog10jw
September 17th, 2017, 01:23 PM
Picture of the day from the Yale-Lehigh game.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26054&stc=1

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 17th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Is that cheek? I think I might see some cheek xsmiley_wix

DFW HOYA
September 17th, 2017, 01:38 PM
As always, whoever can play credible defense will have the inside track to a championship.

Georgetown does not fit this theory. The Hoyas have had a strong defense most seasons but have not signed a single offensive star in nearly 20 years.

bulldog10jw
September 17th, 2017, 04:31 PM
Is that cheek? I think I might see some cheek xsmiley_wix

I just remembered what I love more than football. xdrunkyx

Go...gate
September 17th, 2017, 04:38 PM
Colgate needs to find a QB and kick-start its offense. Give credit to Buffalo. They played very well.

Maybe Colgate's defense and Lehigh's offense can get together - we might be half as good as Holy Cross!

And Colgate will go on playing FBS squads.

- - - Updated - - -

Georgetown does not fit this theory. The Hoyas have had a strong defense most seasons but have not signed a single offensive star in nearly 20 years.

Looked like you played much better in the second half.

DFW HOYA
September 17th, 2017, 06:37 PM
Looked like you played much better in the second half.

The defense shut Marist down, holding them to 39 yards in the last 18 minutes of the game.

Georgetown's second half offensive possessions:
Three and out, punt
Seven plays, 63 yards, PAT blocked. 14-6.
Three and out, punt
Five plays, punt
Five plays, punt
Six plays, punt
Five plays, 56 yards. Missed conversion, 14-12.
Five plays, stalls at 44 yd. line.

It speaks volumes that, 56 yards from the willing score, the last play of the game was not a heave into the end zone, but yet another 10 yard pass. Georgetown rarely attempts a pass of over 10 yards for the last few years. Either the QB has no arm strength or the staff doesn't have faith in the line, or both.

ngineer
September 17th, 2017, 08:55 PM
The defense shut Marist down, holding them to 39 yards in the last 18 minutes of the game.

Three and out, punt
Three and out, punt
Five plays, punt
Five plays, punt
Six plays, punt

It speaks volumes that, 56 yards from the willing score, the last play of the game was not a heave into the end zone, but yet another 10 yard pass. Georgetown rarely attempts a pass of over 10 yards for the last few years. Either the QB has no arm strength or the staff doesn't have faith in the line, or both.

Geez, a game on our schedule where may not give up 500+ yards in a game.

CFBfan
September 19th, 2017, 07:41 AM

Three and out, punt
Three and out, punt
Five plays, punt
Five plays, punt
Six plays, punt

wow! did they bring Maceli back as OC?

The Pud
September 19th, 2017, 07:43 AM
wow! did they bring Maceli back as OC?

it sure looks like it!