PDA

View Full Version : D2 football: NSIC

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 8th, 2017, 05:40 PM
Going to Bemidji tomorrow to watch a kid from my hometown (Fertile, MN) play against Concordia-St. Paul. He starts on the OL for the Beavers as a sophomore. He had a PWO at NDSU but decided to go to BSU because they gave him some scholarship money.

BSU lost their first game of the season last week to Winona State down at Winona. BSU has high expectations this year even with the loss last week.

Nice stadium on the lake.

cx500d
September 8th, 2017, 05:44 PM
Going to Bemidji tomorrow to watch a kid from my hometown (Fertile, MN) play against Concordia-St. Paul. He starts on the OL for the Beavers as a sophomore. He had a PWO at NDSU but decided to go to BSU because they gave him some scholarship money.

BSU lost their first game of the season last week to Winona State down at Winona. BSU has high expectations this year even with the loss last week.

At least they're better than St. Scholastica...

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 8th, 2017, 05:46 PM

Honestly, I didn't even know they had a team....xnodx

BSU has a lot of local kids playing....fun to see some of them after watching them in HS games.

cx500d
September 8th, 2017, 05:50 PM

BSU has a lot of local kids playing....fun to see some of them after watching them in HS games.

Yeah, I thought it was a women's school.

Laker
September 8th, 2017, 06:11 PM

If Bemidji wins their homecoming game, the whole team runs through the east end zone and jumps into the lake. I saw it happen after they beat Upper Iowa.

cx500d
September 8th, 2017, 06:12 PM
If Bemidji wins their homecoming game, the whole team runs through the east end zone and jumps into the lake. I saw it happen after they beat Upper Iowa.

What's the difference between Upper Iowa and Northern Iowa?

Laker
September 8th, 2017, 06:12 PM
Yeah, I thought it was a women's school.

They were until 1969. Started football in 2008.

clenz
September 8th, 2017, 06:25 PM
What's the difference between Upper Iowa and Northern Iowa?

About an hour.

I almost was a 'cock. That was a real tough scholarship offer to pass on

cx500d
September 8th, 2017, 06:26 PM
About an hour.

Seems like Iowa could learn something from Louisiana about how to name directional schools.

Laker
September 8th, 2017, 07:30 PM
Going to Bemidji tomorrow to watch a kid from my hometown (Fertile, MN) play against Concordia-St. Paul.

MSU hosts Crookston tomorrow. That should not be a close game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 8th, 2017, 09:15 PM
MSU hosts Crookston tomorrow. That should not be a close game.

xlolx

Crookston should be back in the same league as Mayville State, Valley City State.....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 9th, 2017, 10:47 PM
Two Top 10 teams (IUP and Cal) from the PSAC right now.

Laker
September 10th, 2017, 07:27 AM
Mavs fumbled the opening kickoff and Crookston advanced it for a TD. MSU drove for their own score- went for two and made it twice. Kicker hit a 63 yard field goal at the gun which might have made it from 70. Final was 56-19.

Big game in Duluth on Saturday night vs UMD. I've got my hotel room- hope that I'm celebrating after the game instead of crying in my chocolate milk.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 10th, 2017, 07:31 AM
Mavs fumbled the opening kickoff and Crookston advanced it for a TD. MSU drove for their own score- went for two and made it twice. Kicker hit a 63 yard field goal at the gun which might have made it from 70. Final was 56-19.

Big game in Duluth on Saturday night vs UMD. I've got my hotel room- hope that I'm celebrating after the game instead of crying in my chocolate milk.

Bemidji destroyed Concordia St.Paul yesterday. 54-17 and it wasn't that close.

Is Duluth a little down this year? Sioux Falls, which is ranked, took them out at home pretty handily IIRC.

Laker
September 10th, 2017, 07:46 AM
Bemidji destroyed Concordia St.Paul yesterday. 54-17 and it wasn't that close.

Is Duluth a little down this year? Sioux Falls, which is ranked, took them out at home pretty handily IIRC.

I'm thinking that they are, but I'll reserve judgement until after Saturday. I thought that USF had lost a lot- their great QB, best receiver, o-line & coaching staff that went to Lindenwood. But they have pounded both UMD & Northern- we play them in the last game of the season in Sioux Falls.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 10th, 2017, 07:50 AM
I'm thinking that they are, but I'll reserve judgement until after Saturday. I thought that USF had lost a lot- their great QB, best receiver, o-line & coaching staff that went to Lindenwood. But they have pounded both UMD & Northern- we play them in the last game of the season in Sioux Falls.

I thought I read the NSIC is finally going to let the schools fully fund at the D2 max of 36 scholarships. IIRC, the conference is at 28 now.

Moorhead State has started to finally get better with more money for scholarships......funny how winning seems to come when you fully fund your program....xnodx

Laker
September 10th, 2017, 08:05 AM
I thought I read the NSIC is finally going to let the schools fully fund at the D2 max of 36 scholarships. IIRC, the conference is at 28 now.

Moorhead State has started to finally get better with more money for scholarships......funny how winning seems to come when you fully fund your program....xnodx

Yes, they are finally going to let the conference try to match the numbers of the MIAA where Northwest Missouri State is from. The problem is that they will have to keep the women's scholarships at the same level, so they will have to raise twice the amount of money. So it will take MSU a while to get there. I saw a list of the NSIC schools scholarship levels- I think that Southwest State only had 18 or something like that.

I'm so old I remember when Moorhead was a power in the old NIC. Of course, I also remember when NDSU beat them 80-0. They should be back on their way up.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 10th, 2017, 08:13 AM
Yes, they are finally going to let the conference try to match the numbers of the MIAA where Northwest Missouri State is from. The problem is that they will have to keep the women's scholarships at the same level, so they will have to raise twice the amount of money. So it will take MSU a while to get there. I saw a list of the NSIC schools scholarship levels- I think that Southwest State only had 18 or something like that.

I'm so old I remember when Moorhead was a power in the old NIC. Of course, I also remember when NDSU beat them 80-0. They should be back on their way up.

When Moorhead was really good, they ran a version of the veer offense.

NWMS is always a contender with their max scholarships but NSIC teams could easily be right there to knock them off consistently if they get their schollies up to 36. Heck, Duluth won NCs with less than max schollies. Mankato was right there also with not having the max number.

Yesterday both Bemidji and Concordia ran the spread offense. Seems like teams at all levels run this style. It is OK but I truly love to watch traditional set offenses and option teams. Plus watching a good defensive team is also fun to watch.

Kind of interesting, the top FBS team (Alabama) and FCS team (NDSU) run traditional set offenses and play tough as nails defense....xnodx

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 10th, 2017, 09:09 PM
Laker: Think I might head down to Sioux Falls to watch Bemidji State play USF on Saturday. Pretty easy drive down I-29....little over 4 hours. No Bison this week.

USF looks pretty good.

Laker
September 10th, 2017, 10:10 PM
Laker: Think I might head down to Sioux Falls to watch Bemidji State play USF on Saturday. Pretty easy drive down I-29....little over 4 hours. No Bison this week.

USF looks pretty good.

USF has a fairly new stadium- not gigantic but pretty nice. I'll send you a PM on some info.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2017, 03:52 PM
USF has a fairly new stadium- not gigantic but pretty nice. I'll send you a PM on some info.

Ya, I'm going down to SF to watch Bemidji play Augustana. About a 4 hour drive....maybe 3 if I roll the Viper out...lol

Bemidji runs the spread and I think Augie does also.....yawn...i wonder if most NSIC teams do????

Laker
September 14th, 2017, 04:52 PM
Ya, I'm going down to SF to watch Bemidji play Augustana. About a 4 hour drive....maybe 3 if I roll the Viper out...lol

Bemidji runs the spread and I think Augie does also.....yawn...i wonder if most NSIC teams do????

Mary runs the triple option- just not very well. A bunch of teams run the read option.

Bisonoline
September 14th, 2017, 08:48 PM

I was thinking of going but the drive out to WA and back last week has me thinking that my ass isnt getting out of my recliner this weekend.:D

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2017, 09:23 AM
I was thinking of going but the drive out to WA and back last week has me thinking that my ass isnt getting out of my recliner this weekend.:D

Let me know if you change your mind...dinner on me after the game!!

UpstateBison
September 15th, 2017, 01:20 PM
Go Beavers!! My parents live in Bemidji and I should have driven to Fertile to say hello in June.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2017, 06:45 PM
Go Beavers!! My parents live in Bemidji and I should have driven to Fertile to say hello in June.

Yes, you should have!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2017, 09:56 PM
50% of rain in SF tomorrow. Better bring an umbrella.

Oh ya, will have some Bison gear on also.....xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 17th, 2017, 08:09 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26053&stc=1

Augie had a nice little stadium.

Game went into OT. Bemidji kicked a FG and then Augie ran in the winning TD on their possession.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 29th, 2017, 08:54 PM
Laker:

You going to watch the Mavs play CSP tomorrow?

Laker
September 29th, 2017, 10:55 PM
Laker:

You going to watch the Mavs play CSP tomorrow?

Yes, I'll be there. Noon start. Homecoming for the Bears.

Laker
October 11th, 2017, 05:06 PM
Going to Fayette, Iowa to see the Mavs play the Peacocks at 5 PM on Saturday.

Bisonoline
October 11th, 2017, 05:43 PM
About an hour.

Why did you pass on UNI?

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2017, 08:15 PM
Going to Fayette, Iowa to see the Mavs play the Peacocks at 5 PM on Saturday.

52-7 Mankato win to go 7-0. Nice season so far.

Southwest up next.

Bemidji on a small roll now....5-2.

Laker
October 16th, 2017, 08:20 PM
52-7 Mankato win to go 7-0. Nice season so far.

Southwest up next.

Bemidji on a small roll now....5-2.

MSU at Southwest will be on Midwest Thursday night at 7 PM if anyone wants to watch. Sounds like the day will be 70 and sunny- glad to hear that. I plan on being there.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2017, 08:38 PM
MSU at Southwest will be on Midwest Thursday night at 7 PM if anyone wants to watch. Sounds like the day will be 70 and sunny- glad to hear that. I plan on being there.

My goal someday soon is to travel to many sporting events like you!!!

You're a true fan!!!

Laker
October 16th, 2017, 08:46 PM
My goal someday soon is to travel to many sporting events like you!!!

You're a true fan!!!

Thanks- it has been a lot of fun to see so many teams especially on the road.

clenz
October 16th, 2017, 09:17 PM
Why did you pass on UNI?
You mean UIU?

Simply put - the town it's in and the fact it was an hour from Cedar Falls. I passed a ton of NAIA and D2 offers to play D3 ball at Wartburg in Waverly, IA. Why? I could get from my dorm to my girlfriends apartment in about 20-25 minutes. I could make my 8AM class without having to be in my dorm the night before. I could be in Cedar Falls by 8PM after practice. It was 100% about being around "my girl". Ended up being the right decision. Football was never going to get me anywhere in college and we've not been married almost a decade with 2 kids. I also really did love Wartburg. The campus was/is gorgeous. The facilities at that D3 are better than many D1s. Part of me wishes I'd had stayed there. I probably would have done better academically, but it would have cost 4 times what I paid for UNI.

It was also partially about bravado on my part. I assumed that since I had D1 walk-on offers, and a bunch of D2/NAIA scholarships I could walk into a D3 and have no issues getting PT. Chances are that very well could have ended up being true - if I didn't suffer a knee injury in the second week of practice that sidelined me until the week 7 of a 10 game season. On top of that I changed positions and got moved to a spot where the starters were both sophomores and by missing 9-10 weeks of reps in practice I set myself up to basically never play. Over that 10 weeks I lost my love for the game. Didn't care about playing anymore. I walked away.

I should have just taken on that walk-on offer from UNI. I would have accomplished exactly the same thing I did by going to the D3. I would have still got to be close to my girlfriend - even closer. I could have suffered the same knee injury and never played. I could have graduated from UNI. Difference is I would have 3 conference titles I was a part of, a FBS win, a quarterfinal and semifinal appearance. Sure, I would have never been anything other than a warm practice body - or a second line kick off return guy - but looking back, I would have taken that in a second.

I loved my visit to UIU. The criminal justice program was pretty good. The profs were good. The coaches impressed me. There was a HS teammate there. However, they had just moved D2 from D3. The facilities were not real good. The team was god awful. The town? It somehow had less to do than the 800 person town I grew up in and was an hour from Cedar Falls. What they are now is not even close to what they were back then. If they had today's facilities back then, I'd have gone there I bet.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2017, 09:47 PM
Thanks- it has been a lot of fun to see so many teams especially on the road.

I'll get there someday....lol

Laker
October 16th, 2017, 10:10 PM
I'll get there someday....lol

All the NSIC fields. All of the NCC (minus UNC). All of the BIG (minus Rutgers). All of the MIAC. Some others thrown in. Each is different. All worth seeing.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 17th, 2017, 07:57 PM
All the NSIC fields. All of the NCC (minus UNC). All of the BIG (minus Rutgers). All of the MIAC. Some others thrown in. Each is different. All worth seeing.

I still have a couple of Valley venues to get to.

One of the days, I'll get down to see a Mavs game.

Laker
October 17th, 2017, 08:08 PM

Come on down. I'll have a ticket for you!

cx500d
October 17th, 2017, 09:00 PM

Yeah, come on down, this is probably Dirk Nowitzki's last season.

Laker
October 28th, 2017, 10:34 PM
Winona State suffers their first loss 27-6 at Mankato today as the Mavs go to 9-0.

Six turnovers by the Mav defense- 4 picks, 2 fumble recoveries, 1 for a TD.

The two teams don't like each other- lots of big hits on both sides.

Last year's champ Northwest Missouri State lost 20-10 to Pitt State so there will be a new #1 ranked team this week.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 29th, 2017, 07:27 AM
Winona State suffers their first loss 27-6 at Mankato today as the Mavs go to 9-0.

Six turnovers by the Mav defense- 4 picks, 2 fumble recoveries, 1 for a TD.

The two teams don't like each other- lots of big hits on both sides.

Last year's champ Northwest Missouri State lost 20-10 to Pitt State so there will be a new #1 ranked team this week.

Laker, what do the Mavs average for attendance?

Looks like the 3 best teams in the NSIC are in the south division. Mankato and Sioux Falls to end the season will be huge.

Laker
October 29th, 2017, 07:38 AM
Laker, what do the Mavs average for attendance?

Looks like the 3 best teams in the NSIC are in the south division. Mankato and Sioux Falls to end the season will be huge.

Yesterday was about 4200 or so- I'd say that is probably about average. Local teams were having their playoffs- Mankato West, Nicollet, Cleveland- so that took people away.

There are two grass fields in the NSIC. Crookston is one- and that is no prize. They share it with the high school. MSU has the other- because the Vikings were using the fields it had to meet a certain standard. It was in great shape yesterday.

Winona was tough. The Mavs adjusted and wore them down. USF still just has one loss has had a surprisingly good year despite all the losses to graduation, transfers & a new coaching staff.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 29th, 2017, 07:43 AM
Yesterday was about 4200 or so- I'd say that is probably about average. Local teams were having their playoffs- Mankato West, Nicollet, Cleveland- so that took people away.

There are two grass fields in the NSIC. Crookston is one- and that is no prize. They share it with the high school. MSU has the other- because the Vikings were using the fields it had to meet a certain standard. It was in great shape yesterday.

Winona was tough. The Mavs adjusted and wore them down. USF still just has one loss has had a surprisingly good year despite all the losses to graduation, transfers & a new coaching staff.

Fertile's HS team marched the field with 1:30 left on the clock to win the game 24-20 against Red Lake County. Now they get to take on Mahnomen in the Fargodome on Thursday IIRC.

cx500d
October 29th, 2017, 08:15 AM
Fertile's HS team marched the field with 1:30 left on the clock to win the game 24-20 against Red Lake County. Now they get to take on Mahnomen in the Fargodome on Thursday IIRC.

Thats interesting, MN playoffs inside cozy ND inside stadium? They are getting soft. I played in the last MN state championship outside at Parade Stadium in Minneapolis before it went inside at the metrodump. It snowed/iced the days before the game, and they plowed the frozen field off to almost ice rink quality. Our RB's used broomball shoes, I used some sort of tennis shoes..Nobody used cleats because they were unuseable on the hard packed ice rink they called the football field.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 29th, 2017, 08:48 AM
Thats interesting, MN playoffs inside cozy ND inside stadium? They are getting soft. I played in the last MN state championship outside at Parade Stadium in Minneapolis before it went inside at the metrodump. It snowed/iced the days before the game, and they plowed the frozen field off to almost ice rink quality. Our RB's used broomball shoes, I used some sort of tennis shoes..Nobody used cleats because they were unuseable on the hard packed ice rink they called the football field.

Some MN playoffs are played in the Alerus Center also.

Laker
October 29th, 2017, 09:32 AM

MSU can't host Section finals because they don't have artificial turf. Nicollet played games at Southwest St, St. Cloud St & Rochester. Gustavus has turf now too. I know that they have games at UMD, UND, Fargo & Bemidji. As more places are getting artificial turf they keep changing the sites.

cx500d
October 29th, 2017, 09:39 AM
MSU can't host Section finals because they don't have artificial turf. Nicollet played games at Southwest St, St. Cloud St & Rochester. Gustavus has turf now too. I know that they have games at UMD, UND, Fargo & Bemidji. As more places are getting artificial turf they keep changing the sites.

So they can't play on grass anymore? We never had artificial turf games back in the day.

Laker
October 29th, 2017, 07:36 PM
So they can't play on grass anymore? We never had artificial turf games back in the day.

That just goes into effect for section finals and further. The first two rounds are at the high seed.

Laker
October 30th, 2017, 05:21 PM
MSU ranked #1 in the AFCA poll.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNZyFEqWsAE_OUO.jpg:large

Laker
November 5th, 2017, 05:45 AM
Update on MSU- got up 17-0, Wayne State came back to tie it at 27 all after a blocked punt and two long kick returns. Mavs scored the next 3 TDs to win 48-27. Backup running back for MSU had 203 yards & 3 TDs.

Mavs are now 10-0 and finish the regular season at 9-1 Sioux Falls who won at Upper Iowa 19-7. USF was the NSIC champs last year. Winona State is also 9-1 so the playoff picture could be muddled if there is a three way tie for the top.

Laker
November 6th, 2017, 08:08 PM
Mavs are # 1 in the AFCA poll AND in the regional poll. It would be nice to stay there and get the first round bye to heal up.

Laker
November 11th, 2017, 09:30 PM
Mavs down by ten on the road late in the 4th at Sioux Falls. Score two TDs, one in the last minute, to go unbeaten for the regular season 11-0.

cx500d
November 11th, 2017, 09:31 PM
Mavs down by ten on the road late in the 4th at Sioux Falls. Score two TDs, one in the last minute, to go unbeaten for the regular season 11-0.

Congrats to our former foes!

Bisonoline
November 11th, 2017, 09:38 PM

Hey where did the coach go that got hosed on the deal with pictures of his kids on his phone?

Laker
November 11th, 2017, 09:42 PM
Hey where did the coach go that got hosed on the deal with pictures of his kids on his phone?

He is the head coach. He won his case. The administration is probably lucky that he didn't sue them.

Bisonoline
November 11th, 2017, 09:43 PM
He is the head coach. He won his case. The administration is probably lucky that he didn't sue them.

Great he got his job back. I read something that they tried not to.

cx500d
November 11th, 2017, 10:26 PM
Great he got his job back. I read something that they tried not to.

That was a seriously douchie move by the admin when they fired him. Personally, I wouldn't have gone back to a place that was that quick to throw me under the bus, and I would have sued the **** out of them unless I landed a better job. Of course a lot of the time these state institutions claim various immunities from lawsuits....Ask Mike Leach, where his lawsuit against Texas Tech was tossed due to some BS immunity as a government entity.

Laker
November 12th, 2017, 07:03 PM
We got kicked in the groin today. Ended up with the #2 seed and will play on Saturday instead of the bye. We just handed USF their second loss on the season- their only loss was to Winona, who we gave their only loss. Also beat 9-2 UMD. 11-0 wasn't good enough to keep the top spot. Even Central Washington's fans are flabbergasted.

What bothers me is that the committee doesn't follow their own criteria. They keep moving the goal posts. And they never have to justify what they do. Today they said that MSU was missing their star running back who had over 1000 yards. Yep and so did his replacement.

Total BS. We will just have to win on the field.

cx500d
November 12th, 2017, 07:08 PM
We got kicked in the groin today. Ended up with the #2 seed and will play on Saturday instead of the bye. We just handed USF their second loss on the season- their only loss was to Winona, who we gave their only loss. Also beat 9-2 UMD. 11-0 wasn't good enough to keep the top spot. Even Central Washington's fans are flabbergasted.

What bothers me is that the committee doesn't follow their own criteria. They keep moving the goal posts. And they never have to justify what they do. Today they said that MSU was missing their star running back who had over 1000 yards. Yep and so did his replacement.

Total BS. We will just have to win on the field.

Well, to be fair, Central Washington, which was the final home of one of NDSU's great QB's, Jose Mohler, is 11-0 also. I doubt their schedule was as tough, though. Interestingly enough, my nephew goes to Central Washington; I pleaded with his parents to send him to EWU instead so I would have a good reason to go there, but they didn't want him to be so far away....Millennial Snowflakes....

Laker
November 12th, 2017, 07:14 PM
Well, to be fair, Central Washington, which was the final home of one of NDSU's great QB's, Jose Mohler, is 11-0 also. I doubt their schedule was as tough, though. Interestingly enough, my nephew goes to Central Washington; I pleaded with his parents to send him to EWU instead so I would have a good reason to go there, but they didn't want him to be so far away....Millennial Snowflakes....

If they went by records it wouldn't bother me so much. But they disregarded their own math in doing this. Same thing happened to Sioux Falls back in 2014. Their only loss was to us at our place, they were leading in the 4th quarter, and we finished national runner up. Yet they didn't make the playoffs despite the math saying that they should.

CWU plays everyone in their own conference twice, so two of their wins were over Simon Fraser from Canada.

cx500d
November 12th, 2017, 07:17 PM
If they went by records it wouldn't bother me so much. But they disregarded their own math in doing this. Same thing happened to Sioux Falls back in 2014. Their only loss was to us at our place, they were leading in the 4th quarter, and we finished national runner up. Yet they didn't make the playoffs despite the math saying that they should.

CWU plays everyone in their own conference twice, so two of their wins were over Simon Fraser from Canada.

Seriously? I guess it didn't sink in how they could be 8-0 in conference play in a 5-team conference. Talk about lame. That is BS.

Laker
November 12th, 2017, 10:34 PM
Seriously? I guess it didn't sink in how they could be 8-0 in conference play in a 5-team conference. Talk about lame. That is BS.

FOOTBALL
CONF
PCT
OVERALL
PCT
HOME
AWAY
NEUTRAL
STREAK

*Central Washington
8-0
11-0
5-0
6-0
0-0
Won 11

Humboldt State
6-2
8-2
4-1
4-1
0-0
Lost 1

Azusa Pacific
4-4
7-4
4-2
3-2
0-0
Won 2

Western Oregon
2-6
3-8
1-3
2-5
0-0
Won 1

Simon Fraser
0-8
0-10
0-4
0-6
0-0
Lost 10

Humboldt is rumored to be dropping football like Western Washington did a few years ago.

cx500d
November 12th, 2017, 10:39 PM
FOOTBALL
CONF
PCT
OVERALL
PCT
HOME
AWAY
NEUTRAL
STREAK

*Central Washington
8-0
11-0
5-0
6-0
0-0
Won 11

Humboldt State
6-2
8-2
4-1
4-1
0-0
Lost 1

Azusa Pacific
4-4
7-4
4-2
3-2
0-0
Won 2

Western Oregon
2-6
3-8
1-3
2-5
0-0
Won 1

Simon Fraser
0-8
0-10
0-4
0-6
0-0
Lost 10

Humboldt is rumored to be dropping football like Western Washington did a few years ago.

non FBS Football seems to be dying in the west...My recollection was W. Washington was decent before they dropped it. Its a big hippy lib school trying to compete with Evergreen for snowflakes, so it wasn't surprising when they dropped it.

Laker
November 13th, 2017, 06:56 AM
non FBS Football seems to be dying in the west...My recollection was W. Washington was decent before they dropped it. Its a big hippy lib school trying to compete with Evergreen for snowflakes, so it wasn't surprising when they dropped it.

I actually got involved with the effort by WWU football alumni in trying to save their team. They got help from the Seahawks, they kept asking how much money would be needed. The administration kept raising the bar and the club kept surpassing it. Finally the admins said that it didn't matter how much money they came up with, that they would drop it anyway. Just a total screwing over and lying. But that is what I have come to expect from administrations at all levels.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2017, 06:59 AM
Mankato will have to prove it on the field in the regional final....if CW makes it there.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2017, 07:01 AM
Mankato and SF looks like they are headed to a rematch.

Laker
November 13th, 2017, 09:46 AM
Mankato and SF looks like they are headed to a rematch.

Could happen. USF is extremely physical. Mankato aren't shrinking violets either.

MSU beat six teams with winning records. CWU only four. The die is cast now, you have to prove it on the field. But I'd still like an explanation. They actually took down the SOS and other statistics from after Week 11 and replaced them with the Week 10 ones. Someone tried to show me those old numbers but I caught them at it. Sometimes the cover up is worse than the crime...........

cx500d
November 13th, 2017, 10:32 PM
I actually got involved with the effort by WWU football alumni in trying to save their team. They got help from the Seahawks, they kept asking how much money would be needed. The administration kept raising the bar and the club kept surpassing it. Finally the admins said that it didn't matter how much money they came up with, that they would drop it anyway. Just a total screwing over and lying. But that is what I have come to expect from administrations at all levels.

Not surprising...My hippy sister graduated from Western Washington, so I'm very familiar with it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2017, 06:27 AM
Could happen. USF is extremely physical. Mankato aren't shrinking violets either.

MSU beat six teams with winning records. CWU only four. The die is cast now, you have to prove it on the field. But I'd still like an explanation. They actually took down the SOS and other statistics from after Week 11 and replaced them with the Week 10 ones. Someone tried to show me those old numbers but I caught them at it. Sometimes the cover up is worse than the crime...........

D2 is total regionalization for the playoffs. Sad.

You going to follow the Mavs all the way to the NC game if they make it?

Laker
November 14th, 2017, 07:19 AM
D2 is total regionalization for the playoffs. Sad.

You going to follow the Mavs all the way to the NC game if they make it?

I plan on following them as far as they get. I'll have to figure a way to get to CWU if we can win the next two weeks. Pretty far to ride in a covered wagon- I might try to mail myself airmail in a box. This fan group will probably get a flight out there if it comes to that.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 14th, 2017, 07:52 PM
The PSAC has 4 teams in the D2 playoffs

California at Assumption
West Chester at Shippensburg
1. Indiana

AmsterBison
November 14th, 2017, 08:23 PM
Mankato was always my away game of choice. Good luck to them. And, oh yeah, screw D2 and their freaking playoff selection system.

cx500d
November 14th, 2017, 08:25 PM
Mankato was always my away game of choice. Good luck to them. And, oh yeah, screw D2 and their freaking playoff selection system.

I don't remember it being like that in our heyday. I thought they just selected the top 16 teams in the poll.

Laker
November 16th, 2017, 09:49 AM
The NSIC blogger, Matt Witwicki from Sioux Falls has about a twenty minute interview with the head of the selection committee. He asked some great questions- some of them aren't really answered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5djb_b_VOs&feature=youtu.be

cx500d
November 16th, 2017, 05:38 PM
The NSIC blogger, Matt Witwicki from Sioux Falls has about a twenty minute interview with the head of the selection committee. He asked some great questions- some of them aren't really answered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5djb_b_VOs&feature=youtu.be

Most of the responses were nonsensical...

Laker
November 16th, 2017, 09:21 PM
Most of the responses were nonsensical...

Yah, he argued one way for the top spot, but had the opposite reason why Pueblo got in at #7. They had to get earned access- meaning taking a team from each conference- which they don't have to do if it is ranked low enough. They fumbled the numbers until they could rank it high enough to put them in.

I feel sorry for Humboldt. They were the school that should have gotten in. And they have probably played their last game. The corrupt administration is ignoring fund raising and plan on dumping the sport. Weasels.

Laker
November 18th, 2017, 07:12 PM
Mavs escape their first round game in OT 16-13. Down 10-0, came back to go ahead in the 4th 13-10, fumbled in their own territory and gave up a field goal with under 2 minutes to play. In OT the Mavs decided to go into the wind- since they have an all conference kicker. We made our FG, they missed theirs, and we go on to host Midwestern State next week.

PS: I did get to ring the Victory Bell after the game.

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 08:50 PM
Congrats Laker on your 63-21 dismantling of Midwestern State from god forsaken Wichita Fallas, Tx.

Also, your #1 stolen seed Central Washington, last resting spot of Jose Mohler, gets beat 34-31 by Texas A&M/Commerce. Home field advantage after all.

Laker
November 25th, 2017, 10:27 PM
Congrats Laker on your 63-21 dismantling of Midwestern State from god forsaken Wichita Fallas, Tx.

Also, your #1 stolen seed Central Washington, last resting spot of Jose Mohler, gets beat 34-31 by Texas A&M/Commerce. Home field advantage after all.

Best game for the Mavs all year. Gave up a long pass 48 seconds into the game. Never had to punt. Had over 500 yards rushing. Starting back almost 200 yards- backup well over 100. Third string about 50. Had double the time of possession by halftime. Gave up two TD passes with the second string in. Absolutely dominating.

I was at the MSU-St. Cloud game afterwards. My friend who sits behind me gave me a play by play account as Commerce came back to win in 2 OTs. And now I don't have to fly west, just drive 70 miles to Mankato next week.

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 10:28 PM
Best game for the Mavs all year. Gave up a long pass 48 seconds into the game. Never had to punt. Had over 500 yards rushing. Starting back almost 200 yards- backup well over 100. Third string about 50. Had double the time of possession by halftime. Gave up two TD passes with the second string in. Absolutely dominating.

I was at the MSU-St. Cloud game afterwards. My friend who sits behind me gave me a play by play account as Commerce came back to win in 2 OTs. And now I don't have to fly west, just drive 70 miles to Mankato next week.

Great News, Go Mav's.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 25th, 2017, 11:10 PM
IUP will play Assumption!

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 11:12 PM
IUP will play Assumption!

Are you assuming they'll play assumption, or is it an assumption they will play, assuming they are still in it?

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 11:13 PM
Keep it up Laker and the Mavs!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 25th, 2017, 11:25 PM
Are you assuming they'll play assumption, or is it an assumption they will play, assuming they are still in it?

I'm assuming I saw it correctly! :D

If they reach the national semi's they'll be the only #1 seed left on their side of the bracket. Would they host? That could be a fun road trip....

Mike296
November 26th, 2017, 12:00 AM
This may not mean much for the NSIC but there are rumblings that UW-Parkside are considering starting a Football program in D2. Its all internal at the present but it’s a start as they’re the only school in the state with a D2 program in everything but Football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHIP72
November 26th, 2017, 07:54 AM
I'm assuming I saw it correctly! :D

If they reach the national semi's they'll be the only #1 seed left on their side of the bracket. Would they host? That could be a fun road trip....

My guess is if IUP beats Assumption, the Crimson Hawks would host a national semifinal game. They are one of only two undefeated teams, along with Minnesota State-Mankato, still alive in the D2 playoffs.

cx500d
November 26th, 2017, 08:14 AM
My guess is if IUP beats Assumption, the Crimson Hawks would host a national semifinal game. They are one of only two undefeated teams, along with Minnesota State-Mankato, still alive in the D2 playoffs.

Thats a big Assumption

CHIP72
November 26th, 2017, 08:31 AM
Thats a big Assumption

I personally assume Holy Cross would lose to Assumption this year if there was a college football Battle of Worcester.

P.S. Assumption College is the alma mater of one of the more prominent current college football head coaches, Notre Dame head man Brian Kelly.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 26th, 2017, 12:19 PM
I personally assume Holy Cross would lose to Assumption this year if there was a college football Battle of Worcester.

P.S. Assumption College is the alma mater of one of the more prominent current college football head coaches, Notre Dame head man Brian Kelly.

Should I then assume Assumption can't win a big game on the road?

Laker
November 27th, 2017, 06:53 PM
This may not mean much for the NSIC but there are rumblings that UW-Parkside are considering starting a Football program in D2. Its all internal at the present but it’s a start as they’re the only school in the state with a D2 program in everything but Football.

That would be nice to have a D2 FB team in the state.

Mike296
November 27th, 2017, 07:00 PM

It would be and new rumors are on what conference they’d play in. Some want NSIC others want to be elsewhere. Would you want them in the NSIC?

Laker
November 27th, 2017, 09:09 PM
It would be and new rumors are on what conference they’d play in. Some want NSIC others want to be elsewhere. Would you want them in the NSIC?

No. Nothing against them. The trip from Upper Iowa to Minot is far enough. And 16 teams in the same conference is way too many now. I don't see the WIAC schools going D2, they seem to be happy in D3. So I think that they would have to join up with the Illinois-Indiana-Michigan schools.

Mike296
November 27th, 2017, 11:09 PM
No. Nothing against them. The trip from Upper Iowa to Minot is far enough. And 16 teams in the same conference is way too many now. I don't see the WIAC schools going D2, they seem to be happy in D3. So I think that they would have to join up with the Illinois-Indiana-Michigan schools.

Can’t fault that logic and with the conference move in all other sports going on right now it’s probably best that they stay in Illinois Indiana area. Although a OOC matchup with you guys would be an interesting prospect

Laker
November 28th, 2017, 08:13 AM
Can’t fault that logic and with the conference move in all other sports going on right now it’s probably best that they stay in Illinois Indiana area. Although a OOC matchup with you guys would be an interesting prospect

We have played them in basketball and if the NSIC ever gets to the point of playing OOC football games again- which I really miss- I would welcome the matchup!

uni88
November 30th, 2017, 08:16 PM

Will UW Madison allow it? I get the feeling that they like it with it just them at D1 and everyone else playing D3. Every football player in Wisconsin grows up wanting to play for the Badgers.

Laker
December 1st, 2017, 07:31 AM
Will UW Madison allow it? I get the feeling that they like it with it just them at D1 and everyone else playing D3. Every football player in Wisconsin grows up wanting to play for the Badgers.

I would be shocked if they did. Every once in a while someone talks about Duluth, Mankato or St. Cloud going D1, using the logic that they are already D1 in hockey. The Gophers have used the divide and conquer method to keep any competition out, just like UNL did to UNO.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 2nd, 2017, 06:20 PM
IUP beat Assumption 27-22!! The Crimson Hawks will play West Florida in the semfinals! I would love to see a PSAC team reach the title game. Be great for Pennsylvania college football since we don't have a state supported team playing FCS. IUP easily could if they wanted to/the state allowed it. Their men's bball team is usually really good too.

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 07:17 PM
Laker,
What happened to Mankato State? Good lord man, you got your asses whupped. Must have been #SouthernSpeedTM

Edit: Damn ESPN...The scores page had it 31-0...Then I looked again and see the quarter by quarter scores actually added up to 21. Looks like they corrected it. Looks like they made some halftime corrections and Mankato didn't.

Sorry your season ended.

CHIP72
December 2nd, 2017, 07:20 PM
IUP beat Assumption 27-22!! The Crimson Hawks will play West Florida in the semfinals! I would love to see a PSAC team reach the title game. Be great for Pennsylvania college football since we don't have a state supported team playing FCS. IUP easily could if they wanted to/the state allowed it. Their men's bball team is usually really good too.

IUP was the only home team to win in the regional finals/national quarterfinals, continuing a trend. The other three semifinalists were #5 (Texas A&M-Commerce), #6 (West Florida), and #7 (Harding) seeds in their regions. All four quarterfinal games were also close, with the largest margin of victory being 10 points.

Laker
December 2nd, 2017, 11:14 PM
31-21. Led at half but only scored 3 points in the second half. Too damn many deep low % passes. Only threw to the tight ends twice. Urine poor play calling. Defense got worn down, gave up too much on special teams. 13-1 but this isn't a good way to end the season. I think we had ten seniors this year so I'm expecting another good season next year.

If we had won we would have hosted next week. Darn.

MTfan4life
December 3rd, 2017, 01:50 AM

It'd be even crazier if they won the whole thing. The last time the D2 champion came from either the Northeast or Mid-Atlantic was in 1979 when Delaware beat Youngstown State. Generally the Southeast and the Midwest dominate the titles with an occasional winner coming from the West.

Thumper 76
December 3rd, 2017, 02:34 AM

IMO if there ended up being just one DII in WI they would become a dominant power nationally really quickly. Growing up in WI the draw to play for the home state is strong and is a large reason why the WIAC is as impressive as it is. To make it so there is just one DII would almost be unfair to the rest of the country if you ask me. Plus it would kill programs in the surrounding areas who live off of WI talent. I doubt Madison allows it though. God forbid if their walk-on program might miss on a guy every five years due to a DII in the state.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 3rd, 2017, 01:18 PM
It'd be even crazier if they won the whole thing. The last time the D2 champion came from either the Northeast or Mid-Atlantic was in 1979 when Delaware beat Youngstown State. Generally the Southeast and the Midwest dominate the titles with an occasional winner coming from the West.

The last team to make it to the Finals from the Northeast was Bloomsburg in 2000. The Huskies lost to Delta State 63-34 that year. That Bloomsburg team was led by Eric Miller at QB. He was the QB at my high school right before my "era".

Delta State beat NDSU to reach the finals while Bloomsburg snuck by current Big Sky member UC Davis.

cx500d
December 16th, 2017, 08:45 PM
Well Laker, at least you lost to the eventual champions.

Laker
December 16th, 2017, 09:54 PM
Well Laker, at least you lost to the eventual champions.

Yep. I thought they really got a leg up after that kick return for a TD. Lots of speed on that team.

Laker
December 18th, 2017, 01:05 PM
Final AFCA poll:

https://www.afca.com/cds1/cdnx/cdnx/D2_Article_Graphic_Final.jpg

https://afca.com/afca/Article/2017D2FinalPoll

cx500d
December 18th, 2017, 05:27 PM
I'm surprised IUP finished higher then mankato state.

Laker
December 18th, 2017, 06:39 PM
I'm surprised IUP finished higher then mankato state.

Eastern bias. xsmiley_wix

I would have loved to have played them to find out.

dewey
December 19th, 2017, 10:03 PM
The last team to make it to the Finals from the Northeast was Bloomsburg in 2000. The Huskies lost to Delta State 63-34 that year. That Bloomsburg team was led by Eric Miller at QB. He was the QB at my high school right before my "era".

Delta State beat NDSU to reach the finals while Bloomsburg snuck by current Big Sky member UC Davis.

Thanks a lot for brining up the Delta State game. That freaking field was garbage and NDSU was down to their 3rd string quarterback after losing 2 quarterbacks in back to back weeks.

Dewey

dewey
December 19th, 2017, 10:06 PM
Final AFCA poll:

https://www.afca.com/cds1/cdnx/cdnx/D2_Article_Graphic_Final.jpg

https://afca.com/afca/Article/2017D2FinalPoll

Well Indiana PA did make it to the semifinals so they are clearly better than MSU since MSU "only" made it to the quarterfinals.

100% sarcastic.

Dewey

Laker
December 20th, 2017, 08:11 AM
From the Commerce head coach:
Colby Carthel‏ @CoachCarthel
Follow Follow @CoachCarthel

It's a shame my smoking hot wife had to sleep on the couch last night, but dang I slept great...#ToTheTop

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRQ0CcSW4AUxY_8.jpg

clenz
December 20th, 2017, 09:03 AM
Just wait...UIU is coming for all of you...

Some day...decades in the future.

Laker
December 20th, 2017, 09:59 AM
Just wait...UIU is coming for all of you...

Some day...decades in the future.

New & Improved!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/bc/3d/29/bc3d29af73fac29d43999e502bd53838--upper-iowa-university-university-design.jpg

clenz
December 20th, 2017, 10:14 AM
They are becoming UNI-Fayette basically...just as South Dakota State is UNI-Brookings

UIU's AD they just hired, Rick Hartzell, was the AD at UNI for a decade between 99-08 and was the AD when we hired the most successful coaches in UNI history - Mark Farley, Bobbi Peterson (VB - top 10 in NCAA in wins and win%), Greg McDermott (MBB) and then Ben Jacobson when Greg left. He oversaw the construction and fund raising of our basketball arena.

Their mens basketball coach is a former All Conference basketball player at UNI, who GA'd at UNI, and wouldn't shock me to see on UNI's staff in a few years if a spot opens up.

Womens soccer coach is a former UNI head coach

Athletic trainer is from UNI

A few other admin positions have UNI ties as well.

Gil Dobie
December 25th, 2017, 11:20 AM

Actually finished with a 7-3 record.

9/2
at St. John's (http://www.d3football.com/teams/St._John's/2017) •
L, 98-0
BX (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/boxscores/20170902_7d9l.xml) RC (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/contrib/201709024jm9ma)

9/9
at Greenville (http://www.d3football.com/teams/Greenville/2017) * •
W, 47-27
BX (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/boxscores/20170909_sjn9.xml) RC (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/contrib/20170909u6a3fe)

9/16
vs. Westminster (Mo.) (http://www.d3football.com/teams/Westminster_(Mo.)/2017) * •
W, 48-18
BX (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/boxscores/20170916_7ne1.xml) RC (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/contrib/20170916wb3i6n)

9/23
vs. Minnesota-Morris (http://www.d3football.com/teams/Minnesota-Morris/2017) * •
W, 37-3
BX (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/boxscores/20170923_up8h.xml) RC (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/contrib/20170923ee4isa)

9/30
at Northwestern (Minn.) (http://www.d3football.com/teams/Northwestern_(Minn.)/2017) * •
W, 14-7
BX (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/boxscores/20170930_jft8.xml) RC (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/contrib/20170930lgpmo5)

10/7
vs. Iowa Wesleyan (http://www.d3football.com/teams/Iowa_Wesleyan/2017) * •
W, 38-28
BX (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/boxscores/20171007_ow15.xml)

10/14
vs. Martin Luther (http://www.d3football.com/teams/Martin_Luther/2017) * •
W, 56-21
BX (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/boxscores/20171014_y4cd.xml) RC (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/contrib/20171014bo9esh)

10/21
at Crown (http://www.d3football.com/teams/Crown/2017) * •
W, 49-21
BX (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/boxscores/20171021_nhmd.xml) RC (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/contrib/20171021rziroj)

10/28
at Eureka (http://www.d3football.com/teams/Eureka/2017) * •
L, 40-34
BX (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/boxscores/20171028_5004.xml) P (http://www.d3football.com/links/mkjshl)

11/4
vs. MacMurray (http://www.d3football.com/teams/MacMurray/2017) * •
L, 34-26
BX (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/boxscores/20171104_ibn5.xml)

cx500d
December 25th, 2017, 11:24 AM
How did they go from a 98-0 loss to 7-3?

Actually finished with a 7-3 record.

9/2
at St. John's (http://www.d3football.com/teams/St._John's/2017) •
L, 98-0
BX (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/boxscores/20170902_7d9l.xml) RC (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/contrib/201709024jm9ma)

9/9
at Greenville (http://www.d3football.com/teams/Greenville/2017) * •
W, 47-27
BX (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/boxscores/20170909_sjn9.xml) RC (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/contrib/20170909u6a3fe)

9/16
vs. Westminster (Mo.) (http://www.d3football.com/teams/Westminster_(Mo.)/2017) * •
W, 48-18
BX (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/boxscores/20170916_7ne1.xml) RC (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/contrib/20170916wb3i6n)

9/23
vs. Minnesota-Morris (http://www.d3football.com/teams/Minnesota-Morris/2017) * •
W, 37-3
BX (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/boxscores/20170923_up8h.xml) RC (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/contrib/20170923ee4isa)

9/30
at Northwestern (Minn.) (http://www.d3football.com/teams/Northwestern_(Minn.)/2017) * •
W, 14-7
BX (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/boxscores/20170930_jft8.xml) RC (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/contrib/20170930lgpmo5)

10/7
vs. Iowa Wesleyan (http://www.d3football.com/teams/Iowa_Wesleyan/2017) * •
W, 38-28
BX (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/boxscores/20171007_ow15.xml)

10/14
vs. Martin Luther (http://www.d3football.com/teams/Martin_Luther/2017) * •
W, 56-21
BX (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/boxscores/20171014_y4cd.xml) RC (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/contrib/20171014bo9esh)

10/21
at Crown (http://www.d3football.com/teams/Crown/2017) * •
W, 49-21
BX (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/boxscores/20171021_nhmd.xml) RC (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/contrib/20171021rziroj)

10/28
at Eureka (http://www.d3football.com/teams/Eureka/2017) * •
L, 40-34
BX (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/boxscores/20171028_5004.xml) P (http://www.d3football.com/links/mkjshl)

11/4
vs. MacMurray (http://www.d3football.com/teams/MacMurray/2017) * •
L, 34-26
BX (http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2017/boxscores/20171104_ibn5.xml)

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 25th, 2017, 11:34 AM
How did they go from a 98-0 loss to 7-3?

That level of football is a joke at the college level. Eden Prairie probably could beat St. Scholastica.

Local kid went to Crown College and played FB....went to watch him play in a couple of games. Eden Prairie would have beaten Crown.

Gil Dobie
December 25th, 2017, 01:16 PM
That level of football is a joke at the college level. Eden Prairie probably could beat St. Scholastica.

Local kid went to Crown College and played FB....went to watch him play in a couple of games. Eden Prairie would have beaten Crown.

I wouldn't call it a joke, just a different level of competition. They enjoy football and don't care if EP could beat them or not.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 25th, 2017, 01:31 PM
I wouldn't call it a joke, just a different level of competition. They enjoy football and don't care if EP could beat them or not.

Fine. Still doesn't change what I said.

Laker
December 25th, 2017, 03:46 PM

I think you are right. I've seen Crown play.

Gil Dobie
December 25th, 2017, 06:26 PM
I think you are right. I've seen Crown play.

Those teams are low level DIII, compared to DIII teams that should be DII, like some of the MIAC teams. I've been to a St Thomas/St Scholastica playoff game, and it wasn't pretty. Not 98-0 thought. Adam Thielen almost went to the MIAC for Basketball and Football in Moorhead, with Concordia.

The High School landscape in the Twin Cities will be turning in the next 5-10 years. The Vikings training facility is moving from Eden Prairie to Eagan, along with players families and kids.

Laker
December 25th, 2017, 06:37 PM
Those teams are low level DIII, compared to DIII teams that should be DII, like some of the MIAC teams. I've been to a St Thomas/St Scholastica playoff game, and it wasn't pretty. Not 98-0 thought. Adam Thielen almost went to the MIAC for Basketball and Football in Moorhead, with Concordia.

The High School landscape in the Twin Cities will be turning in the next 5-10 years. The Vikings training facility is moving from Eden Prairie to Eagan, along with players families and kids.

This will be interesting. I remember when the EP Eagles were a doormat. Then Grant came in. They have been dominant so long I want almost anyone else to win the title.

Gil Dobie
December 25th, 2017, 06:46 PM
This will be interesting. I remember when the EP Eagles were a doormat. Then Grant came in. They have been dominant so long I want almost anyone else to win the title.

When my daughters were in High School, their team beat EP twice, won state once. Lost the other championship to Cretin with Joe Mauer at QB. Then beat Cretin in baseball to stop their 63 game winning streak, and win state.

TheKingpin28
December 25th, 2017, 08:09 PM
When my daughters were in High School, their team beat EP twice, won state once. Lost the other championship to Cretin with Joe Mauer at QB. Then beat Cretin in baseball to stop their 63 game winning streak, and win state.

Those prep bowls were some hard-nosed football but the Stephen Argyle (friends were the QBs for the 03-09, but I knew the 08 and 09 QB the best) run, where they won 6 straight and 6 out 7, was amazing.

Laker
December 25th, 2017, 08:15 PM
Those prep bowls were some hard-nosed football but the Stephen Argyle (friends were the QBs for the 03-09, but I knew the 08 and 09 QB the best) run, where they won 6 straight and 6 out 7, was amazing.

Nicollet was the last team to beat them before they made that run- and of course we did lose to them in the Prep Bowl finals.

TheKingpin28
December 25th, 2017, 08:20 PM
Nicollet was the last team to beat them before they made that run- and of course we did lose to them in the Prep Bowl finals.

My friend was the QB/LB when they lost one and that was hard to watch since his 3 older brothers only knew what a State Championship looked like so he gets a ribbing every now and then back at his family farm during Christmas season about where his State Title Ring is for the 08 season.

Laker
January 5th, 2018, 08:31 AM
MSU-Mankato have four players named to the D2football.com All American team.

http://www.d2football.com/allamericans/15/

Laker
August 2nd, 2018, 12:29 PM
Story about the Zylstra brothers from New London-Spicer. One is trying out for the Vikings, the other is still playing for the Mavericks.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-sports/another-minnesota-native-is-making-major-headlines-as-a-wide-receiver

Laker
August 17th, 2018, 09:47 AM
Mavs ranked #1 in the D2football.com poll. Now do it on the field!

https://msumavericks.com/news/2018/8/17/minnesota-state-ranked-1-in-d2football-com-preseason-poll.aspx

Laker
August 17th, 2018, 09:54 AM
Here is the Mav schedule for this fall. Any AGS posters who can meet up are welcome to let me know. Most likely games for Bison-Fighting Hawks-Coyotes-Jackrabbit (or any other FCS teams) fans would be on the road-

Sept 8 at Augustana 1:00

Oct 8 at Moorhead 2:00

Oct 20 at Bemidji 1:00

Of course any game home or away would be great to meet up. Just let me know- your team may have a bye one of those weekends.

https://msumavericks.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

Go Lehigh TU Owl
August 17th, 2018, 01:47 PM
IUP is 4th in preseason coaches poll. One of these years a PSAC school is going to win the 'chip....

cx500d
August 17th, 2018, 02:04 PM
IUP is 4th in preseason coaches poll. One of these years a PSAC school is going to win the 'chip....
We played them once for a natty back in 1990. It was a good old fashioned ass whoopin’.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 17th, 2018, 07:26 PM
Here is the Mav schedule for this fall. Any AGS posters who can meet up are welcome to let me know. Most likely games for Bison-Fighting Hawks-Coyotes-Jackrabbit (or any other FCS teams) fans would be on the road-

Of course any game home or away would be great to meet up. Just let me know- your team may have a bye one of those weekends.

Local kid plays for Bemidji. Going to his first game on the 30th against Northern State. I was going to make all the Bison away games but decided to go to his games during the away games. Definitely the Mav/Dragon game we'll meet up!

Laker
August 17th, 2018, 08:30 PM
Local kid plays for Bemidji. Going to his first game on the 30th against Northern State. I was going to make all the Bison away games but decided to go to his games during the away games. Definitely the Mav/Dragon game we'll meet up!

Great! Bemidji and Moorhead!

JacksFan40
August 18th, 2018, 10:47 AM
We have a local kid on Sioux Falls and another at Northern.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 18th, 2018, 11:16 AM
We have a local kid on Sioux Falls and another at Northern.

Both Sioux Falls and Augustana have nice venues for football. Bemidji's is right on the lake....great view.

This will be the 3rd time I've watched Northern play the Beavers....the other 2 the teams were not very good.

JacksFan40
August 18th, 2018, 01:26 PM
Both Sioux Falls and Augustana have nice venues for football. Bemidji's is right on the lake....great view.

This will be the 3rd time I've watched Northern play the Beavers....the other 2 the teams were not very good.
Both are incredibly nice fields. It was sad when SDSU played in CAS which was a glorified high school field at that point, while USF and Augie had these brand new stadiums. Heck even Northern at Clark Swisher was better.
Still loved CAS though.

POD Knows
August 18th, 2018, 02:06 PM

This will be the 3rd time I've watched Northern play the Beavers....the other 2 the teams were not very good.http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28482&stc=1

This is a pretty nice set-up at Bemidji

Laker
August 18th, 2018, 06:46 PM
This is a pretty nice set-up at Bemidji

I was there when they beat Upper Iowa to win their homecoming game and the team jumped into the lake. Lucky it was a sunny day!

POD Knows
August 18th, 2018, 07:08 PM
I was there when they beat Upper Iowa to win their homecoming game and the team jumped into the lake. Lucky it was a sunny day!You know, I bet I have been through Bemidji probably 50 times and never got off of Hwy 2. It seems like it might be kind of a nice little town.

Laker
August 18th, 2018, 07:20 PM
You know, I bet I have been through Bemidji probably 50 times and never got off of Hwy 2. It seems like it might be kind of a nice little town.

I took a short term class there one summer. Walked and drove around town. Had pizza at Dave's- run by the captain of the US curling team. Nice park right by the football field. Nice tourist area coming into town.

http://www.davespizza.biz/links.php

Bisonoline
August 18th, 2018, 10:13 PM
I took a short term class there one summer. Walked and drove around town. Had pizza at Dave's- run by the captain of the US curling team. Nice park right by the football field. Nice tourist area coming into town.

Daves Pizza is great!!!

Plus it is one of the FEW pizzas that can be warmed up the next day in the microwave and taste great and not be soggy. But you have to get the traditional crust.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 19th, 2018, 10:05 AM
You know, I bet I have been through Bemidji probably 50 times and never got off of Hwy 2. It seems like it might be kind of a nice little town.

Bemidji is a nice town. That pic you posted looks good. Nice venue for football.

The Fertile kid is starting at RT. He started on the DL switched over to LG because of injuries and now is OT because of graduation and poor athletes out at that position. The kid squats north of 550 and has a bench of 435. Told him there will no DE that will out strength him....they will have to use their quickness to try to get around him because he is a rock.

xlolx...told him to pancake the DE every time he gets a good grip on them.

He had a PWO at NDSU on the DL but went to BSU because they gave him some $ right away. Kind of wish he stayed at NDSU but this is probably the best fit for him....although he would be in the rotation at DT right now if he had stayed.

- - - Updated - - -

Dave's is good!!

xthumbsupx

CHIP72
August 22nd, 2018, 12:09 AM

Super Region 1 (SR1) in Division II usually isn't very good when it plays other regions in the playoffs. Last season IUP had everything set up for them - they were hosting a semifinal game against a lower-seeded team from SR2 who had a fairly new program, and the SR3 heavies (traditionally the strongest region in D2) were out of the playoffs, and they STILL couldn't win their semifinal game against West Florida. Falling in the semis is a recurring theme for SR1 teams, and when they do advance, as Shepherd (in the eastern WV panhandle; they currently play in the mostly West Virginia-based Mountain East Conference but are moving to the PSAC in 2019) did in 2015, they usually don't do well in the national championship game (which was true with Shepherd; they were overwhelmed by Northwest Missouri State that year in the title game).

Laker
August 22nd, 2018, 06:23 AM
Super Region 1 (SR1) in Division II usually isn't very good when it plays other regions in the playoffs. Last season IUP had everything set up for them - they were hosting a semifinal game against a lower-seeded team from SR2 who had a fairly new program, and the SR3 heavies (traditionally the strongest region in D2) were out of the playoffs, and they STILL couldn't win their semifinal game against West Florida. Falling in the semis is a recurring theme for SR1 teams, and when they do advance, as Shepherd (in the eastern WV panhandle; they currently play in the mostly West Virginia-based Mountain East Conference but are moving to the PSAC in 2019) did in 2015, they usually don't do well in the national championship game (which was true with Shepherd; they were overwhelmed by Northwest Missouri State that year in the title game).

MSU-Mankato hosted Concord in the 2014. Scored right away, went for two, converted and it ended up 47-13. The Mav line was huge that year but Concord looked so small. I'm not sure when the last time a Region 1 team won the title but I know it has been quite a while.

TheKingpin28
August 22nd, 2018, 07:50 PM

Hey if you can get me a spot next to you for the Concordia St Paul game down in Mankato, I'd go to that. Get to listen to my Jacks (Swansea City AFC) on the drive down (9am here but played over in Wales) and watch some football down there.

Laker
August 22nd, 2018, 08:03 PM
How about right across the aisle from me? I'm on the right end of the row with season ticket holders to my left. General Ad to my right. Sounds like a plan to me! Come on down- and walk on up!

TheKingpin28
August 22nd, 2018, 08:26 PM
How about right across the aisle from me? I'm on the right end of the row with season ticket holders to my left. General Ad to my right. Sounds like a plan to me! Come on down- and walk on up!

Alright. Never been to the stadium or a game but I will be there in my NDSU gear.

Laker
August 22nd, 2018, 08:29 PM
Alright. Never been to the stadium or a game but I will be there in my NDSU gear.

I look forward to it! I'll introduce you to the Mav Gang.

Laker
August 31st, 2018, 01:41 PM
Sioux Falls 27, Concordia-St. Paul 24
Minnesota State-Mankato 49, Southwest Minnesota State 13
Bemidji State 38, Northern State 17
St. Cloud State 14, Mary 13
Winona State 41, Wayne State 28
Minnesota-Duluth 49, Minot State 3
Minnesota State-Moorhead 34, Minnesota-Crookston 10

USF scored with 3 seconds to go to pull out a home win. Mary went for two in the third quarter- failed- and lost by one to St. Cloud.

Mavs had a solid effort. Neither team had a turnover. https://msumavericks.com/news/2018/8...me-opener.aspx (https://msumavericks.com/news/2018/8/30/football-1-mavericks-turn-in-decisive-win-against-mustangs-in-home-opener.aspx)

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 31st, 2018, 06:51 PM
[QUOTE=Laker;2663656]Sioux Falls 27, Concordia-St. Paul 24

USF scored with 3 seconds to go to pull out a home win. Mary went for two in the third quarter- failed- and lost by one to St. Cloud.

Mavs had a solid effort. Neither team had a turnover. https://msumavericks.com/news/2018/8...me-opener.aspx (https://msumavericks.com/news/2018/8/30/football-1-mavericks-turn-in-decisive-win-against-mustangs-in-home-opener.aspx)

Bemidji looked pretty good. New QB is a RFR and did a decent job. The Fertile kid destroyed his DE over him quite a few times although he did have 1 holding call...xlolx...gave him a hard time on that one....:D

I don't know if they are good enough to beat the top teams like Mankato but they had a nice 1st game. Northern always has looked mediocre to me. 4th time I've watched them in the last 6 years.

Laker
August 31st, 2018, 06:56 PM
Bemidji looked pretty good. New QB is a RFR and did a decent job. The Fertile kid destroyed his DE over him quite a few times although he did have 1 holding call...xlolx...gave him a hard time on that one....:D

I don't know if they are good enough to beat the top teams like Mankato but they had a nice 1st game. Northern always has looked mediocre to me. 4th time I've watched them in the last 6 years.

I was surprised by the Bemidji score, even though I picked them to win. That will be a tough game for the Mavs when they play up there.

Mavs have a USD transfer at running back- plus his backup who had over a thousand yards last year. All American kicker who also punts. Shane Zylstra at receiver whose brother was in the CFL and tried out for the Vikings this year. Lots of offensive talent but the defense needs to tighten up. They have had some injuries.

JacksFan40
September 1st, 2018, 12:45 AM
[QUOTE=Laker;2663656]Sioux Falls 27, Concordia-St. Paul 24

Northern always is mediocre. Nothing exciting comes from their football team, but also nothing bad, just ok.

Laker
September 4th, 2018, 02:21 PM
D2football‏ @D2Football (https://twitter.com/D2Football) 22m22 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/D2Football/status/1037052176105922561)More

NCAA ReOpens Bids for 2018 Championship Game. Game WILL NOT be played in Kansas City. Sporting KC pulls out of commitment to renovate field.

TheKingpin28
September 7th, 2018, 10:38 AM
I look forward to it! I'll introduce you to the Mav Gang.

Purchased the ticket and will see you next Saturday. What time should I arrive? Never been down there so that is why I am asking.

Evolution Prime
September 7th, 2018, 11:23 AM
Northern always is mediocre. Nothing exciting comes from their football team, but also nothing bad, just ok.

So basically us in D2.

Laker
September 7th, 2018, 05:24 PM
Purchased the ticket and will see you next Saturday. What time should I arrive? Never been down there so that is why I am asking.

I'll probably get there by about 12:45 since I'm going with my brother who has farming to do. If I was on my own I'd be getting there earlier like I did for the opener. My seat is Section E, Row Q, Seat 1 on the west (home) side- right in front of the press box door on the south side. Park east of the stadium- it is free- across the road. They have the Mav Corral where the tailgating is going on- no where near the rows and rows like in Fargo. They actually start at about 11- some have grills going, games of tossing objects, drinking there favorite beverages which are technically illegal but as long as no one gets out of hand is tolerated. Seats are mostly general admission- only the middle sections are reserved.

Concordia should have knocked off Sioux Falls, giving up a TD pass in the final seconds. They have a great kicker who the NFL scouts were looking at last game.

Mike296
September 7th, 2018, 05:35 PM
I'll probably get there by about 12:45 since I'm going with my brother who has farming to do. If I was on my own I'd be getting there earlier like I did for the opener. My seat is Section E, Row Q, Seat 1 on the west (home) side- right in front of the press box door on the south side. Park east of the stadium- it is free- across the road. They have the Mav Corral where the tailgating is going on- no where near the rows and rows like in Fargo. They actually start at about 11- some have grills going, games of tossing objects, drinking there favorite beverages which are technically illegal but as long as no one gets out of hand is tolerated. Seats are mostly general admission- only the middle sections are reserved.

Concordia should have knocked off Sioux Falls, giving up a TD pass in the final seconds. They have a great kicker who the NFL scouts were looking at last game.

Remember how I mentioned awhile back that UW-Parkside was considering football? Well it’s becoming more likely that they will be able to fund it as the state is taking money away from Madison and spreading it out around the state and Parkside will have enough money for a football program by 2022.

Formerly known as Killamike259

Laker
September 7th, 2018, 05:48 PM
Remember how I mentioned awhile back that UW-Parkside was considering football? Well it’s becoming more likely that they will be able to fund it as the state is taking money away from Madison and spreading it out around the state and Parkside will have enough money for a football program by 2022.

That would be great! We always need more football teams at any level! About time!

Mike296
September 7th, 2018, 05:50 PM
That would be great! We always need more football teams at any level! About time!

The infrastructure is apparently being worked on though as Parkside doesn’t really have any football stadiums that are any good nearby unless they’d hitch a deal with one of the local high schools(Kenosha stadiums are quite new)

TheKingpin28
September 7th, 2018, 09:32 PM

Works for me. I will see you at the game.

Laker
September 9th, 2018, 12:55 AM
I saw a heck of a game in Sioux Falls today. Augustana jumped out ahead- Mavs couldn't get any rush and got picked apart in the air. Mavs came back, went for it on 4th and 17 and made it. Scored late to go up 8. Augie scored with no time to go, then missed the two point conversion as it went ping-ponging around the end zone. 38-36 win.

Drove up to Brookings to see the Jacks dominate Montana State. Note- buy tickets ahead of time, they "jack" them up by $5 the day of the game.

Laker
September 12th, 2018, 09:42 AM
Despite barely escaping Augustana on Saturday, the Mavs stay #1 in the D2 poll.

https://msumavericks.com/news/2018/9/12/minnesota-state-holds-top-ranking-in-d2football-com-poll.aspx

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 13th, 2018, 05:58 AM
Despite barely escaping Augustana on Saturday, the Mavs stay #1 in the D2 poll.

https://msumavericks.com/news/2018/9/12/minnesota-state-holds-top-ranking-in-d2football-com-poll.aspx

The Bemidji State/Mary game was a total blowout. I thought Mary had improved with just a 1 point loss to St Cloud the weekend before but was I wrong. Bemidji totally stomped on them. Over 500 yards rushing and the defense looked really good but maybe because Mary was so inept. The new coach has a lot of work to do.

After the game I was talking to the Fertile kid down on the field and Lennon walked by....was going to say something but he didn't have a very nice face on....xlolx...but considering they just got curb stomped, I wouldn't have a happy face on either.

Laker
September 13th, 2018, 07:35 AM
The Bemidji State/Mary game was a total blowout. I thought Mary had improved with just a 1 point loss to St Cloud the weekend before but was I wrong. Bemidji totally stomped on them. Over 500 yards rushing and the defense looked really good but maybe because Mary was so inept. The new coach has a lot of work to do.

After the game I was talking to the Fertile kid down on the field and Lennon walked by....was going to say something but he didn't have a very nice face on....xlolx...but considering they just got curb stomped, I wouldn't have a happy face on either.

I heard that the Bemidji QB suffered a season ending injury in that game. I hope that isn't the case. I expect a tough game when the Mavs play up there.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2018, 06:28 AM
I heard that the Bemidji QB suffered a season ending injury in that game. I hope that isn't the case. I expect a tough game when the Mavs play up there.

He was hurt in the 1st half of the Mary game. After the game, the Fertile kid said they thought it might be an ACL. I haven't touched base with him yet this week but maybe it is an ACL. Kid was pretty good as a RFR. The backup is not as good.

Watched Duluth/St Cloud last night on MSN. Duluth looks good this year.

Laker
September 14th, 2018, 07:07 AM
He was hurt in the 1st half of the Mary game. After the game, the Fertile kid said they thought it might be an ACL. I haven't touched base with him yet this week but maybe it is an ACL. Kid was pretty good as a RFR. The backup is not as good.

Watched Duluth/St Cloud last night on MSN. Duluth looks good this year.

I was at the game last night. UMD was physical and converted often on third down. Their biggest challenges may be from Winona, They don't play MSU or Sioux Falls.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2018, 09:50 AM
Laker:

Talked to the Fertile kid that plays for Bemidji and their RFR QB tore is ACL and MCL. The kid is bummed out but he is young and can rehab back to full strength.

The Beavers play Crookston so they will not be much of a challenge. Next week they have Duluth and that one should be a good battle.

Laker
September 15th, 2018, 10:21 AM
Laker:

Talked to the Fertile kid that plays for Bemidji and their RFR QB tore is ACL and MCL. The kid is bummed out but he is young and can rehab back to full strength.

The Beavers play Crookston so they will not be much of a challenge. Next week they have Duluth and that one should be a good battle.

I walked a mile last night at 10 PM. Still over 70 degrees. I don't think that it cooled off all night. Game temp should be near 90 today and humid. The MIAC moved game times- Concordia started their game at 10 AM. St. Thomas and Gustavus moved their games to 6 PM. I'll be leaving for MSU in an hour.

Kingpin said that he is showing up!

cx500d
September 15th, 2018, 10:38 AM
I walked a mile last night at 10 PM. Still over 70 degrees. I don't think that it cooled off all night. Game temp should be near 90 today and humid. The MIAC moved game times- Concordia started their game at 10 AM. St. Thomas and Gustavus moved their games to 6 PM. I'll be leaving for MSU in an hour.

Kingpin said that he is showing up!

holy crap, how you people’s perspectives are crazy to people that live in the warm climes.

Laker
September 15th, 2018, 10:43 AM
holy crap, how you people’s perspectives are crazy to people that live in the warm climes.

I prefer football weather to surfing weather!

cx500d
September 15th, 2018, 10:45 AM
I prefer football weather to surfing weather!
I’m bringing my coat next weekend...70 sounds chilling

Laker
September 15th, 2018, 11:00 AM
I’m bringing my coat next weekend...70 sounds chilling

One neighbor took out his beanfield LAST Saturday. Another neighbor said it should have been taken a week earlier. The only thing green in my brother's field are the weeds. Cornfields are really drying up. I could see some of them going soon too. Sugar beets got delayed because of the rain- but they having been taking them out by Renville and Sacred Heart. It won't be long.

TheKingpin28
September 15th, 2018, 12:11 PM
169 sucks but getting closer to mankato

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
September 15th, 2018, 12:52 PM
Just got hete

TheKingpin28
September 15th, 2018, 01:04 PM
Alright Laker. Where are you in relation to mehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180915/c40719e43a70acf7eeb2b5ae63a1f7a1.jpg

TheKingpin28
September 15th, 2018, 01:11 PM
What a run for a TD. 80yd run with multiple broken tackles.

TheKingpin28
September 15th, 2018, 02:05 PM
Nice sack that eventually led to a safety. This DC is fired up and loving life. 30-6 MSU with 5:10 left in the 2nd.

TheKingpin28
September 15th, 2018, 02:15 PM
Well another sack which led to another safety.

39-6 1:52 left in the 2nd.

Laker
September 15th, 2018, 06:15 PM
Enjoyed visiting with Kingpin the entire second half. Mavs played very well. Not many times that you get safeties on back to back possessions. Coach Glo was extremely happy about that! Shane Zylstra had three great catches, one for a TD- at 6'5 he covers a lot of ground with each stride. Taromina had 153 yards- his 83 yard TD run was quite an effort.

Hot day. I had 93 on my car display.

Picture of the long TD run.

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1041078663134031873/SssLEp_v?format=jpg&name=600x314

TheKingpin28
September 15th, 2018, 07:22 PM
Enjoyed visiting with Kingpin the entire second half. Mavs played very well. Not many times that you get safeties on back to back possessions. Coach Glo was extremely happy about that! Shane Zylstra had three great catches, one for a TD- at 6'5 he covers a lot of ground with each stride. Taromina had 153 yards- his 83 yard TD run was quite an effort.

Hot day. I had 93 on my car display.

Picture of the long TD run.

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1041078663134031873/SssLEp_v?format=jpg&name=600x314

That was a fun a game and it was good to see you too.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2018, 09:04 PM
Bemidji rolled UM-Crookston: 69-0

Crookston has no business being in D2, they are a joke. They should either drop FB or go back in the ND conference with Mayville and Valley City.

Laker
September 17th, 2018, 10:06 AM
Mavs ranked #2 this week in the AFCA poll. Winona was upset by Upper Iowa.

http://insider.afca.com/minnesota-state-garners-more-first-place-votes-in-division-ii-coaches-poll/?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=WeAreAFCA&utm_content=Minnesota%20State%20Garners%20More%20F irst-Place%20Votes%20In%20Division%20II%20Coaches%20Pol l

Laker
September 17th, 2018, 05:38 PM
This could really suck. He was the NSIC preseason defensive player of the year. Didn't play in the first two games due to injury- completely changed that defense around against Concordia. Chad Courrier is the sports writer for the Mankato Free Press.

Chad Courrier‏ @ChadCourrier (https://twitter.com/ChadCourrier) 6m6 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/ChadCourrier/status/1041815689571586048)More

MSU football player Zach Dodge was arrested early Sunday morning, charged with misdemeanor indecent exposure and disorderly conduct. Trying to get more info.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 17th, 2018, 07:57 PM
This could really suck. He was the NSIC preseason defensive player of the year. Didn't play in the first two games due to injury- completely changed that defense around against Concordia. Chad Courrier is the sports writer for the Mankato Free Press.

Chad Courrier‏ @ChadCourrier (https://twitter.com/ChadCourrier) 6m6 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/ChadCourrier/status/1041815689571586048)More

MSU football player Zach Dodge was arrested early Sunday morning, charged with misdemeanor indecent exposure and disorderly conduct. Trying to get more info.

Kids do dumb things and make mistakes.

cx500d
September 17th, 2018, 08:35 PM
Kids do dumb things and make mistakes.
There goes his chance to make the Supreme Court

Laker
September 17th, 2018, 09:46 PM
Here is the latest story from the Free Press. Knocked on a door during the night, exposed himself to a woman he didn't know, caught and IDed. He is 5'10 and almost 300 pounds so it most likely is him rather than a case of misidentification.

http://www.mankatofreepress.com/news/local_news/msu-football-player-charged-with-indecent-exposure/article_a6dfa1f4-bad9-11e8-878d-b70f488b7bec.html#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 17th, 2018, 09:51 PM
There goes his chance to make the Supreme Court

xlolx

I bet you never did any "dumb sh**" when you were a kid...xrolleyesx....:D

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 21st, 2018, 05:58 PM
Laker:

Fertile kid said they had a very good week of practice and are looking forward to playing Duluth.

Mankato and Winona should be a good one. Road game for the Mavericks.

Laker
September 21st, 2018, 06:39 PM
Laker:

Fertile kid said they had a very good week of practice and are looking forward to playing Duluth.

Mankato and Winona should be a good one. Road game for the Mavericks.

I plan on being in Winona. Fun place to watch a game, you are on top of the action. Plus you get to see freight trains go by behind the end zone. Reminds me of our games in high school. We seemed to always have one about halfway through the fourth quarter on the old Milwaukee Road.

Mike296
September 21st, 2018, 07:36 PM
I plan on being in Winona. Fun place to watch a game, you are on top of the action. Plus you get to see freight trains go by behind the end zone. Reminds me of our games in high school. We seemed to always have one about halfway through the fourth quarter on the old Milwaukee Road.

Wanted to go to that Winona game as I was already going to be in town but the wife vetoed me on that one.

Laker
September 21st, 2018, 07:51 PM
Wanted to go to that Winona game as I was already going to be in town but the wife vetoed me on that one.

Tell her that you have to make a run to Lowe's or Menard's or whatever to pick up some 2x4s. Come back three hours later and tell her that they had to cut the tree down first........

cx500d
September 21st, 2018, 10:35 PM
xlolx

I bet you never did any "dumb sh**" when you were a kid...xrolleyesx....:D

i did plenty of dumb ****...lucky to be alive like most people our age

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 22nd, 2018, 08:53 PM
Bemidji and Duluth are tied at 19 in the 4th.

Go Beavers!

Laker
September 22nd, 2018, 09:55 PM
MSU trailed 21-7 at half and it could have been worse. Winona missed a field goal on the last play of the half after the Mavs muffed a punt in the sun. It looked like the two teams switched uniforms at half because the maligned Mav defense shut them out in the 2nd. They picked off two passes and the Mav offense ground it out when they had to, putting it away with two minutes to go on a Nate Gunn TD run and a 31-21 win.

Beautiful day, beautiful setting, beautiful town, beautiful girls......... opps I better stick to football.

By the way- #84 for the Mavs, receiver Shane Zylstra- is pretty good. Understatement of the year.

UMD beat Bemidji in OT 26-19. I was pulling for the Beavers. Crookston also ended a 26 game losing streak.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 22nd, 2018, 09:55 PM
Duluth wins in OT....:(

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 22nd, 2018, 09:56 PM
Crookston won.....xeekx

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28934&stc=1

Laker
September 22nd, 2018, 10:26 PM
I'm the canary near the sideline before the MSU at Winona game.

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/42356568_2037719606538241_3079836187997765632_n.jp g?_nc_cat=103&oh=6c452d5ca73377bc7aed15719f8b1e30&oe=5C5C17BF

cx500d
September 22nd, 2018, 10:37 PM
I'm the canary near the sideline before the MSU at Winona game.

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/42356568_2037719606538241_3079836187997765632_n.jp g?_nc_cat=103&oh=6c452d5ca73377bc7aed15719f8b1e30&oe=5C5C17BF
you should have came to the ndsu game with that garb

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 24th, 2018, 06:23 PM
Laker:

The kid from Fertile that plays for Bemidji called and said he got rolled up on in the 1st half against Duluth and tore multiple ligaments in his ankle and is scheduled for surgery on Wed.....:(

He is pretty bummed out.

Said the Duluth defensive guys came over after the game and were wondering how he was doing. He guy that rolled up on his ankle accidentally was pretty bummed out he hurt Joe. Joe said it wasn't his fault and that happens in football in the trenches. Good kid.

Doctor told him his ankle will be better than it was before. Now he said he can work on his upper body in the gym...xnodx....he already benches 425....xthumbsupx......

Laker
September 24th, 2018, 06:33 PM
Laker:

The kid from Fertile that plays for Bemidji called and said he got rolled up on in the 1st half against Duluth and tore multiple ligaments in his ankle and is scheduled for surgery on Wed.....:(

He is pretty bummed out.

Said the Duluth defensive guys came over after the game and were wondering how he was doing. He guy that rolled up on his ankle accidentally was pretty bummed out he hurt Joe. Joe said it wasn't his fault and that happens in football in the trenches. Good kid.

Doctor told him his ankle will be better than it was before. Now he said he can work on his upper body in the gym...xnodx....he already benches 425....xthumbsupx......

That is sad news.

Moorhead in two weeks. Bemidji in a month. The time will fly.

Laker
September 26th, 2018, 08:13 PM
This weekend MSU and SCSU battle for the Training Kit trophy. The two teams don't play each year anymore, but it still is a prize.

https://msumavericks.com/sports/2011...44.aspx?id=275 (https://msumavericks.com/sports/2011/6/20/FB_0620114544.aspx?id=275)

https://msumavericks.com/images/2009/11/3/MSU_Training_kit.jpg?width=1016&height=572&mode=crop

cx500d
September 26th, 2018, 08:23 PM
This weekend MSU and SCSU battle for the Training Kit trophy. The two teams don't play each year anymore, but it still is a prize.

https://msumavericks.com/sports/2011...44.aspx?id=275 (https://msumavericks.com/sports/2011/6/20/FB_0620114544.aspx?id=275)

https://msumavericks.com/images/2009/11/3/MSU_Training_kit.jpg?width=1016&height=572&mode=crop

Why has the location over the last number of years been two years at Mankato, one year at St. Cloud, two years at Mankato, one year at St. Cloud etc?
https://msumavericks.com/sports/2011/6/20/FB_0620114544.aspx?id=275

Laker
September 26th, 2018, 08:47 PM
Why has the location over the last number of years been two years at Mankato, one year at St. Cloud, two years at Mankato, one year at St. Cloud etc?
https://msumavericks.com/sports/2011/6/20/FB_0620114544.aspx?id=275

With SCSU being in the North and MSU in the South, they only play ever other year. Back in 2013 the two didn't play during the regular season, but did play at MSU in the first round of the playoffs. SCSU upset the Mavs in a wild game where they were way behind and came up just short on the last play of the game.

Laker
September 26th, 2018, 08:49 PM
Not sure what happened in 2010 & 2011.

cx500d
September 26th, 2018, 08:54 PM
With SCSU being in the North and MSU in the South, they only play ever other year. Back in 2013 the two didn't play during the regular season, but did play at MSU in the first round of the playoffs. SCSU upset the Mavs in a wild game where they were way behind and came up just short on the last play of the game.

OK, I guess there is a gap in the recent years, but before that:

10/26/02 MSU 41, SCSU 40 Mankato
9/27/03 SCSU 41, MSU 6 Mankato
9/25/04 SCSU 38, MSU 17 St. Cloud
9/24/05 SCSU 18, MSU 14 Mankato
10/21/06 SCSU 16, MSU 3 St. Cloud
10/20/07 SCSU 27, MSU 13 Mankato
11/8/08 MSU 16, SCSU 7 Mankato
11/7/09 SCSU 26, MSU 21 St. Cloud
10/9/10 SCSU 31, MSU 17 Mankato
10/8/11 SCSU 31, MSU 13 Mankato
9/15/12 MSU 25, SCSU 21 St. Cloud
11/30/13 SCSU 54, MSU 48 Mankato
9/4/14 MSU 31, SCSU 0 Mankato
9/17/16 MSU 45, SCSU 12 St. Cloud

Laker
September 26th, 2018, 09:08 PM
There was also a time when MSU and SCSU were not in the same conference. MSU joined the NCC, dropped football, started club ball, went back to the NSIC, then got back into the NCC. Wacky.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 27th, 2018, 06:44 AM
Saw IUP is #2 in of the D2 Polls!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 27th, 2018, 08:03 PM
That is sad news.

Moorhead in two weeks. Bemidji in a month. The time will fly.

He had his surgery and says his ankle really hurts.

The NSIC granted him a medical redshirt so he still has 2 years remaining. I was surprised he got it but that is great news.

Laker
September 27th, 2018, 08:11 PM
He had his surgery and says his ankle really hurts.

The NSIC granted him a medical redshirt so he still has 2 years remaining. I was surprised he got it but that is great news.

That is good news. Now I hope that he has a complete recovery.

Laker
September 29th, 2018, 08:25 PM
Mavs win 45-10. Defense dominates, creating turnovers. Shane Zylstra is a pretty good receiver.

https://msumavericks.com/news/2018/9/29/football-1-mavericks-dominate-in-homecoming-encounter-vs-huskies.aspx?path=football

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 29th, 2018, 08:43 PM
Mavs win 45-10. Defense dominates, creating turnovers. Shane Zylstra is a pretty good receiver.

https://msumavericks.com/news/2018/9/29/football-1-mavericks-dominate-in-homecoming-encounter-vs-huskies.aspx?path=football

Mavs are going to curb stomp Moorhead State this coming Saturday!

xnodx

Laker
September 30th, 2018, 05:27 PM
Mavs are going to curb stomp Moorhead State this coming Saturday!

xnodx

I sure hope so. We had 3 fumbles in the first half but held SCSU to three points.

I plan on seeing you there! Weather should be OK but you never know.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 30th, 2018, 06:52 PM
I sure hope so. We had 3 fumbles in the first half but held SCSU to three points.

I plan on seeing you there! Weather should be OK but you never know.

I'll be there.

Should be fun!

Laker
October 1st, 2018, 11:36 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dob2KyrU8AARGPl.jpg

A native of Mankato, Minn., Goettl returned a St. Cloud State fumble 38 yards for a touchdown. He also intercepted a pass and returned it 27 yards to the SCSU three. MSU would score a touchdown on the following play. Goettl also forced a fumble and recorded five tackles, including two for a loss and one sack.

https://t.co/TEVbHNtkCJ

clenz
October 1st, 2018, 11:55 AM
UIU is finding ways to lose very close game.

They are 1-4 but the losses are
3 points to Augustana
1 point to SW Minnesota State
4 points to Morehead
Big loss to Concordia that was swung in the final 2 minutes of the first half on a blocked punt for a TD and a 61 yard broken coverage Hail Mary.

1 point win over Winona State

Classic close but no cigar...good teams find ways to win close games.

Man that’s gotta be frustrating for that locker room.

Laker
October 1st, 2018, 12:27 PM
UIU is finding ways to lose very close game.

They are 1-4 but the losses are
3 points to Augustana
1 point to SW Minnesota State
4 points to Morehead
Big loss to Concordia that was swung in the final 2 minutes of the first half on a blocked punt for a TD and a 61 yard broken coverage Hail Mary.

1 point win over Winona State

Classic close but no cigar...good teams find ways to win close games.

Man that’s gotta be frustrating for that locker room.

Winona is a good team. They beat USF by a point. Probably should have beaten the Mavs after being up 21-7. Missed a field goal and had one blocked- big turnarounds.

This year MSU hosts UIU in the last game of the year. Whenever they play then the Mavs blow them out, mainly because by then the Peacocks have so many players out with injuries. When they play them in midseason, the games are closer. In one night game I was at in Fayette UIU was ahead at halftime- then the Mav defense scored on turnovers and put it away.

Laker
October 7th, 2018, 10:24 AM
Mavs jumped out to a 28-0 lead. Shane Zylstra, whose brother plays for the Vikings, had 5 catches for 132 yards and a TD on the day. Dragons cut it to 28-14 but Mavs scored right before the gun. Tight end Trevor Nissen, the Pride of Renville County, opened the second half with an 82 yard kickoff return for a TD. I spent the entire second half visiting with the Dragon homecoming fans, including their Hall of Fame linebacker Paul Brigandi who was there to celebrate his induction. Final was 42-20 as the Mavs remain unbeaten. At the end I heard a coed say, "Well, we scored 20 points against the #1 team- that's pretty good!"

Laker
October 9th, 2018, 06:17 PM
D2Football.com Top 25 (10/9)
1. Minnesota State-Mankato (6-0)
2. Ferris State (6-0)
3. Grand Valley State (6-0)
4. West Georgia (6-0)
5. West Florida (5-1)
6. Ouachita Baptist (6-0)
7. Northwest Missouri State (5-1)
8. Minnesota-Duluth (6-0)
9. Valdosta State (6-0)
10. Colorado School of Mines (6-0)
11. Texas A&M-Commerce (5-1)
12. Midwestern State (5-1)
13. Colorado State-Pueblo (5-1)
14. Southern Arkansas (6-0)
15. West Chester (6-0)
16. Tarleton State (5-0)
17. Pittsburg State (5-1)
18. Indianapolis (4-1)
19. Kutztown (5-0)
20. Notre Dame (6-0)
21. Central Washington (4-2)
22. LIU-Post (5-0)
23. Harding (4-2)
24. Tiffin (6-0)
25. Indiana (PA) (4-2)

Laker
October 9th, 2018, 06:17 PM
AFCA Division II Coaches Top 25 (10/8)
1. Minnesota State-Mankato (29) (6-0)
2. Grand Valley State (6-0)
3. Ferris State (4) (6-0)
4. West Georgia (6-0)
5. Ouachita Baptist (6-0)
6. Minnesota-Duluth (6-0)
7. Texas A&M-Commerce (5-1)
8. Valdosta State (6-0)
9. Colorado School of Mines (6-0)
10. West Florida (5-1)
11. West Chester (6-0)
12. Midwestern State (5-1)
13. Northwest Missouri State (5-1)
14. Colorado State-Pueblo (5-1)
15. Southern Arkansas (6-0)
16. Tarleton State (5-0)
17. Notre Dame (6-0)
18. Pittsburg State (5-1)
19. Kutztown (5-0)
20. Indianapolis (4-1)
21. Central Washington (4-2)
22. Tiffin (6-0)
23. Indiana (PA) (4-2)
24. Harding (4-2)
25. LIU-Post (5-0)

Dropped Out
Fort Hays State (#18), Azusa Pacific (#24)

Others Receiving Votes
Ohio Dominican, Davenport, Fort Hays State, Lenoir-Rhyne, Morehouse, Florida Tech, Azusa Pacific, Slippery Rock, West Texas A&M, Hillsdale, Saginaw Valley State, Bemidji State, Colorado Mesa, Virginia Union, Winona State, Sioux Falls

Laker
October 12th, 2018, 08:27 AM
6-0 Mavs host the Minot State Beavers (1-5) at 1 PM on Saturday. Temps should be in the 50s which would be a big improvement from the constant rain, clouds and wind that we have been having. Blakeslee is one of the two grass fields in the 16 team NSIC- the other is MN-Crookston. The grounds crew does an outstanding job on that field. This game should not be close but everyone knows about teams playing down to the level of the competition. Last week's second half was disappointing after scoring a touchdown on the opening kickoff- the offense did nothing.

I get tired of hearing about problems all week- politics, natural disasters, man made disasters, the Timberwolves. It is nice to have a distraction for a few hours watching football, the marching band, the cheerleaders, the danceline, and visiting with old and new friends. All for a fraction of the cost of NFL or FBS games. Go watch a game in person if you can!

Laker
October 12th, 2018, 11:20 AM
More Augie to D1 talk:

http://www.therepublic.com/2018/10/12/sd-augustana-div-i/

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 12th, 2018, 12:06 PM
6-0 Mavs host the Minot State Beavers (1-5) at 1 PM on Saturday. Temps should be in the 50s which would be a big improvement from the constant rain, clouds and wind that we have been having. Blakeslee is one of the two grass fields in the 16 team NSIC- the other is MN-Crookston. The grounds crew does an outstanding job on that field. This game should not be close but everyone knows about teams playing down to the level of the competition. Last week's second half was disappointing after scoring a touchdown on the opening kickoff- the offense did nothing.

I get tired of hearing about problems all week- politics, natural disasters, man made disasters, the Timberwolves. It is nice to have a distraction for a few hours watching football, the marching band, the cheerleaders, the danceline, and visiting with old and new friends. All for a fraction of the cost of NFL or FBS games. Go watch a game in person if you can!

Minot along with Mary and Crookston are the doormats in the NSIC. Mavs should boat race Minot.

....not should....will boat race...xlolx

Laker
October 12th, 2018, 12:19 PM
Minot along with Mary and Crookston are the doormats in the NSIC. Mavs should boat race Minot.

....not should....will boat race...xlolx

Too bad that you were busy. I talked to a lot of Moorhead people. Tru never showed up.

Hopefully you can come to Bemidji next week!

TheKingpin28
October 12th, 2018, 03:04 PM
Too bad that you were busy. I talked to a lot of Moorhead people. Tru never showed up.

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

cx500d
October 12th, 2018, 03:10 PM

*Shocker*

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 12th, 2018, 03:50 PM

I wanted to make the Mankato/Moorhead game but had to look at bees all weekend down in NE....:(

Tru not showing up? What a big shocker there....xrolleyesx...no surprise at all. I'm sending him a text for next weekends Bison game and I can bet he'll be a no show for this one also.

Bemidji and Mankato will be a good one. A must win for BSU if they want to make the playoffs. They have 2 losses already. They needed to beat Duluth to make the post season.

Local HS team is 4-2 but will be 5-2 after tonight. The next 2 year cycle they have to go 9-man because of numbers but the 2 year cycle after that, the coach says they will go back up to 11-man 1A again. I guess there are 26 boys out in 6th grade and 19 in 5th grade....xeekx...that is a lot for a small 1A school. The HS coach is hoping most of them stay out thru HS. 45 kids in 2 grades....wow! I guess there is one kid in the 6th grade here that is a real burner at RB. He scored 12 TDs in one game....xlolx....parents on the other team were grumbling....xlolx.....tough, it is 6th grade and let them play IMO....xnodx

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 13th, 2018, 09:32 PM
Ouch!

Bemidji loses to Upper Iowa 27-24....xsmhx

Laker
October 14th, 2018, 12:25 AM
Mavs win 62-13. Another huge game receiving by Shane Zylstra.

Minot had some d-backs that were real d-bags. Kept cocking off to the crowd even when down by 49. #13 couldn't have covered Zylstra if he was a blanket.

Big game next week by Lake Bemidji as the #1 Mavs take on the Green Beavers one week after they played the Red Beavers.

https://msumavericks.com/news/2018/10/13/football-1-mavericks-keep-rolling-in-win-over-minot-state.aspx

cx500d
October 14th, 2018, 11:10 AM
Mavs win 62-13. Another huge game receiving by Shane Zylstra.

Minot had some d-backs that were real d-bags. Kept cocking off to the crowd even when down by 49. #13 couldn't have covered Zylstra if he was a blanket.

Big game next week by Lake Bemidji as the #1 Mavs take on the Green Beavers one week after they played the Red Beavers.

https://msumavericks.com/news/2018/10/13/football-1-mavericks-keep-rolling-in-win-over-minot-state.aspx

There should be a rule of only one rodent nickname per conference

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2018, 01:28 PM
There should be a rule of only one rodent nickname per conference

Well then I guess GFCC isn't allowed in The MVFC.

Oh you meant, their school mascot, not what they are known as.

Laker
October 20th, 2018, 10:42 PM
Mavs looked pretty good today in Bemidji as they handled the Beavers.

It you get a chance to watch Shane Zylstra- the guy not only makes amazing catches, but was lead blocking for Arnold on a 75 yard catch-run. Heck of a play by both players. I told him that after the game and he thanked me for noticing.

https://msumavericks.com/news/2018/10/20/football-1-mavericks-remain-undefeated-with-win-at-bemidji-state.aspx?fbclid=IwAR2o2iE-spVluSlBNAg5Rb8

Laker
October 22nd, 2018, 12:08 PM
The MSU kicker is a big kid. He can hit from deep, also punts and can make a tackle of special teams. The NFL scouts have looked at him.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqH-j_5V4AAvRUL.jpg

Laker
October 27th, 2018, 10:56 PM
MSU wins 55-2, goes 9-0, clinches the South Division and lost their shutout after Wayne State blocked the last extra point and ran it back for two. I've seen a return before, but never to cost a team a shutout. Shane Zylstra is one heck of a receiver- his brother Brandon made his first NFL catch last Sunday for the Vikings.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 28th, 2018, 11:16 AM
MSU wins 55-2, goes 9-0, clinches the South Division and lost their shutout after Wayne State blocked the last extra point and ran it back for two. I've seen a return before, but never to cost a team a shutout. Shane Zylstra is one heck of a receiver- his brother Brandon made his first NFL catch last Sunday for the Vikings.

Wonder how the Mavs would do against some of the bottom tier teams in the Valley?

Laker
October 28th, 2018, 05:37 PM
Wonder how the Mavs would do against some of the bottom tier teams in the Valley?

Hmmm. The Mavs looked physically bigger and faster than most teams that they play. But those are other D2 teams. And the FCS teams that I get to see in person are usually the Bison and the Jacks. So it is hard to compare. From what I saw from MS Valley State last year, I think that the Mavs could hang with them. Maybe not beat them, but give them a game.

Mavs host Sioux Falls Saturday. That has been quite a rivalry since the series started in 2012. Cougars have a great running back.

cx500d
October 28th, 2018, 05:42 PM
Hmmm. The Mavs looked physically bigger and faster than most teams that they play. But those are other D2 teams. And the FCS teams that I get to see in person are usually the Bison and the Jacks. So it is hard to compare. From what I saw from MS Valley State last year, I think that the Mavs could hang with them. Maybe not beat them, but give them a game.

Mavs host Sioux Falls Saturday. That has been quite a rivalry since the series started in 2012. Cougars have a great running back.

Are you kidding me? Mankato could probably beat half the FCS teams out there.

Laker
October 29th, 2018, 12:00 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqsCfJ7WoAEjDry.jpg

Laker
October 29th, 2018, 12:02 PM
Huge game in Mankato this weekend against Sioux Falls. This series has only been going on since 2012 but each year the stakes were the top spot in the division.

2012- @ MSU 27- USF 13 Adam Thielen catches a TD pass to put it away
2013- MSU 52- @USF 17 John Wolf's famous jump to get on ESPN
2014- @MSU 27- USF 14 Coo lead 14-10 in the 4th quarter
2015- MSU 44- @USF 3 Mavs play nearly perfect first half to pull away
2016- USF 24- @MSU 14 Coo win the NSIC with a perfect regular season
2017- MSU 27 @USF 23 Zylstra catches two TD passes late as Mavs pull out a miracle win

dgtw
November 1st, 2018, 11:28 AM

Nice to see a team puts effort into defending a PAT when it is 55-0.

Laker
November 1st, 2018, 11:58 AM
Nice to see a team puts effort into defending a PAT when it is 55-0.

They had to uphold the slogan on their water tower.

http://media3.floodradio.com/columbus/2016/08/Wayne-America.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 2nd, 2018, 09:22 PM
Laker: Where are you going to be tomorrow?

Laker
November 2nd, 2018, 09:36 PM
Laker: Where are you going to be tomorrow?

Mavs have a noon game against Sioux Falls in Mankato. My brother Al is going to stay home and guard the fort. Lots of people coming around for deer hunting- only one has permission to hunt. He does a great job of chasing people away.

Laker
November 3rd, 2018, 08:25 AM
An empty, wet Blakeslee Stadium this morning. Noon kickoff.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrFMBodU0AUngbl.jpg

Laker
November 3rd, 2018, 10:02 PM
Mavs go 10-0, win 31-21. Two tough teams going at each other. USF scored first, MSU twice, USF tied it up but threw a late pick and MSU went into the half up 21-14. Mavs scored in the 3rd, USF in the 4th, and MSU kicked a field goal with about two minutes to go to clinch it.

https://msumavericks.com/news/2018/11/3/football-1-mavericks-earn-tenth-win-of-season-with-victory-vs-sioux-falls.aspx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 3rd, 2018, 10:06 PM
Mavs go 10-0, win 31-21. Two tough teams going at each other. USF scored first, MSU twice, USF tied it up but threw a late pick and MSU went into the half up 21-14. Mavs scored in the 3rd, USF in the 4th, and MSU kicked a field goal with about two minutes to go to clinch it.

https://msumavericks.com/news/2018/11/3/football-1-mavericks-earn-tenth-win-of-season-with-victory-vs-sioux-falls.aspx

Hopefully the Mavs make a run to the NC game.

Laker
November 3rd, 2018, 11:32 PM
I talked to Pat Reusse, the sports writer for the Mnneapolis Star-Tribune at the game. Nice column.

http://www.startribune.com/minnesota-state-mankato-beats-sioux-falls-for-23rd-nsic-win-in-a-row/499516161/#