PDA

View Full Version : YSU to Allow Beer Sales During Games

The Yo Show
September 6th, 2017, 11:00 AM
I'm not sure how many FCS Schools sell beer at football games, but I felt like this was a big deal for us. Now I can buy a beer during the game xlolx. NDSU fans, you will be able to buy in October now.

http://www.wfmj.com/story/36293945/ysu-allowing-beer-sales-at-penguin-football-games

Professor Chaos
September 6th, 2017, 11:05 AM
It's becoming more and more common at the FBS level. I believe this map is about 2 years old so it's probably more by now but here's a visualization of all the FBS schools where alcohol is sold inside the stadium:

http://2f13yq12csmv2yraq925m73i-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Screen-Shot-2015-10-16-at-1.19.23-PM.png

Hell, they eve started selling beer inside the stadium down in Frisco last year for the natty IIRC.

lionsrking2
September 6th, 2017, 11:08 AM
I'm not sure how many FCS Schools sell beer at football games, but I felt like this was a big deal for us. Now I can buy a beer during the game xlolx. NDSU fans, you will be able to buy in October now.

http://www.wfmj.com/story/36293945/ysu-allowing-beer-sales-at-penguin-football-games

We've (Southeastern Louisiana) been selling beer for several years. Nicholls State sells beer as well.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 6th, 2017, 11:09 AM
It's becoming more and more common at the FBS level. I believe this map is about 2 years old so it's probably more by now but here's a visualization of all the FBS schools where alcohol is sold inside the stadium:

http://2f13yq12csmv2yraq925m73i-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Screen-Shot-2015-10-16-at-1.19.23-PM.png

Hell, they eve started selling beer inside the stadium down in Frisco last year for the natty IIRC.

You can also buy beer at Temple's on-campus basketball arena. Temple also has two on-campus bars. The one accepted meal money for beer. It was ridiculous...

Penguin Nation
September 6th, 2017, 11:23 AM
Why just beer? Why not offer a bartender who sells overpriced daiquiris for the lady folk and double shots for the fellas?

The Yo Show
September 6th, 2017, 11:28 AM

You are correct, I was at the natty and they did sell beer INSIDE the stadium in Frisco.

lionsrking2
September 6th, 2017, 11:28 AM
Why just beer? Why not offer a bartender who sells overpriced daiquiris for the lady folk and double shots for the fellas?

We sell daiquiris too.

The Yo Show
September 6th, 2017, 11:29 AM

You have a point. Maybe it will progress to that? At least right now they are probably trying it and seeing if they will make money. Bet you they cease it if it they don't make money this year. Either way, I view this as a good thing for a change.

jmufan999
September 6th, 2017, 11:30 AM
very jealous, wish we did it. we're not exactly pioneers, though, so it would have to be extremely common before we jump on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Yo Show
September 6th, 2017, 11:31 AM
Also that map is outdated. I know for a fact from this past Saturday that Pitt sells beer in stadium too lol.

Paladin1aa
September 6th, 2017, 11:31 AM
For YSU, it's an attempt to get more people in the stands and another source of revenue in the strapped athletic dept. it will be interesting to see if more fans actually come to the game.

The Yo Show
September 6th, 2017, 11:34 AM
very jealous, wish we did it. we're not exactly pioneers, though, so it would have to be extremely common before we jump on board.

From the article I posted, here is a quote:
"Athletic Director Ron Strollo tells 21 News that he believes YSU is the last university in Ohio to sell beer at football games."

I know Ohio State just started selling last season (2016). So his statement is probably right. IE YSU isn't leading the pack here in Ohio either jmufan999. Still, I think it is a great move.

citdog
September 6th, 2017, 12:00 PM
GREAT signal to send with an alcohol infused rapist on the roster.

Fear the Bird
September 6th, 2017, 12:21 PM
Delaware has had 2 beer gardens in the stadium for about 5 years now - usually 4 beers on tap from 2 Delaware breweries - Dogfish being the best known

IBleedYellow
September 6th, 2017, 12:35 PM
I have a sudden urge to go to every NDSU @ YSU game from here on out.

NO CLUE WHY.

BearDownMU
September 6th, 2017, 12:53 PM
We added a beer garden in the stadium this year at Mercer. Hey, if the Baptists can do it, everyone can do it. lol

The Yo Show
September 6th, 2017, 12:55 PM
GREAT signal to send with an alcohol infused rapist on the roster.

I agree with you that the rapist shouldn't be on the team. But, I think the beer should be allowed to be sold in game.

Panther88
September 6th, 2017, 12:56 PM
PVAMU sells beer in its new venue as of opening day last fall.

We also sell in our new bowling alley on campus as well.

UAalum72
September 6th, 2017, 02:08 PM
Albany's had a beer garden, and sold beer and wine in the gold seats (and I assume the suites) since the stadium opened in 2013

BucBisonAtLarge
September 6th, 2017, 02:25 PM
UConn recruits members of high school booster groups (adults) to serve beer at their games, in exchange for a donation. My parents volunteered for a few years on behalf my niece's high school athletic program.

Penguin Nation
September 6th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Before I was banned from the YSU fan forum, I posted about adding an upscale club section to the east stands where food and alcohol would be served. I still think its a good idea. Keep the gang rapist you actively recruited away from the intoxicated patrons tho.

Since YSU has discarded ethical considerations, I also think a heroin vending machine should also be considered.

BisonTru
September 6th, 2017, 02:36 PM
Since YSU has discarded ethical considerations, I also think a heroin vending machine should also be considered.

xlolx

DirtyDukes
September 6th, 2017, 02:38 PM
Is the beer to help forget about the rapist? Smart move, YSU.

F'N Hawks
September 6th, 2017, 02:56 PM

UND has all the beer you can handle and three full bars set up. It sure seems to help sometimes. xlolx

Bison56
September 6th, 2017, 03:05 PM
PVAMU sells beer in its new venue as of opening day last fall.

We also sell in our new bowling alley on campus as well.

Isn't it in The Constitution that you have to have beer when bowling?

Katfan
September 6th, 2017, 03:12 PM
We sell daiquiris too.
And there's no age limit. Man wish we could, it was a big deal for us to let Budweiser advertise on our video board and they paid for it.

lionsrking2
September 6th, 2017, 03:51 PM
And there's no age limit. Man wish we could, it was a big deal for us to let Budweiser advertise on our video board and they paid for it.

21 is the age limit.

The Yo Show
September 6th, 2017, 03:56 PM
21 is the age limit.

Or age minimum xconfusedx? Don't think 21 is the age where they now WON'T sell you beer xdrunkyx

SoDakSA
September 6th, 2017, 05:30 PM
Delaware has had 2 beer gardens in the stadium for about 5 years now - usually 4 beers on tap from 2 Delaware breweries - Dogfish being the best known

If they have Dogfish on tap at Delaware, I am going to have to up my donations so that I have a say in the Jackrabbit road games. We need to head that way again.

Schism55
September 6th, 2017, 06:14 PM
Beer for all!!
xthumbsupx

citdog
September 6th, 2017, 06:19 PM
Before I was banned from the YSU fan forum, I posted about adding an upscale club section to the east stands where food and alcohol would be served. I still think its a good idea. Keep the gang rapist you actively recruited away from the intoxicated patrons tho.

The Bill Cosby Beer Garden at Stambaugh Stadium...

Go...gate
September 6th, 2017, 06:57 PM
Isn't it in The Constitution that you have to have beer when bowling?

Of course it is - that was the "Original Intent" of the Founding Fathers! xbeerchugx

GodHelpTheBears
September 6th, 2017, 07:03 PM

I've thought about writing the AD to institute "free shake 'n bake day" at Plaster, with a Bear head on the bottle. It would kill in more ways than one.

Unfortunately, we'd have a hell of a time picking all of the rocks out of the bleachers.

youcanbankit
September 6th, 2017, 07:09 PM
Heathens.....xdrunkyx

dgtw
September 6th, 2017, 07:21 PM

Did you have a Natty Lite at the natty?

JALMOND
September 6th, 2017, 08:18 PM
Always have sold alcohol at Portland State games. Beer, wine, booze, etc. Been that way as long as I can remember.

UNHWildcat18
September 6th, 2017, 08:56 PM
UNH has now opened up a beer garden, I didn't even know about it during the UMaine game