PDA

View Full Version : SHSU @ Prairie View A&M, 9/7, 6pm on ESPNU

Pages : [1] 2

TheEagleSHSU
September 4th, 2017, 01:31 PM
On to the next one. Time start chatting about our next opponent.

Panther88
September 4th, 2017, 02:02 PM
Nothing to chat about. PVAMU is horribly coached and has no talent/team speed.

"SHSU by 60+" unquote.

WestCoastAggie
September 4th, 2017, 02:04 PM
Prairie View is a SWAC West contender, and a team that is improving. They'll have an offense that can score, but can they keep up with the scoring that Sam Houston will unleash?

Prediction:

Prairie View - 35
Sam Houston - 50

Panther88
September 4th, 2017, 02:09 PM
Prairie View is a SWAC West contender, and a team that is improving. They'll have an offense that can score, but can they keep up with the scoring that Sam Houston will unleash?

Prediction:

Prairie View - 35
Sam Houston - 50

PVAMU has lost a remarkable 1 game at home in the last 3 consecutive years under our current staff.

We shall see what's what.

Katfan
September 4th, 2017, 03:44 PM
I think it will be closer than many think. Lots of points but I think SHSU wins this one by 3 scores. I think we have a big advantage having played a game already.

BisonFan02
September 4th, 2017, 08:02 PM

Prediction:

Prairie View - 35
Sam Houston - 50

No ****ing way is it that close.

Panther88
September 4th, 2017, 08:31 PM

Why not? The same PV team from 3 seasons ago coached by the same fired staff that took the beatdown from ndsu will be evident Thursday? lol Are you overly familiar w/ that erroneous PV roster that's on the web? Why do you say it won't be that close?

Just curious.

BisonFan02
September 4th, 2017, 08:36 PM
Why not? The same PV team from 3 seasons ago coached by the same fired staff that took the beatdown from ndsu will be evident Thursday? lol Are you overly familiar w/ that erroneous PV roster that's on the web? Why do you say it won't be that close?

Just curious.

I'm gonna call it a hunch until the SWAC proves me otherwise.

Panther88
September 4th, 2017, 08:42 PM

Certainly don't blame you as recent history is not on our side & we are still in rebuild mode.

Hopefully the upcoming 3 OOC games vs SHSU, Nicholls, & IUW will have us positioned for some great things in the near future.

Panther88
September 4th, 2017, 08:51 PM
Also, can someone alert a few folks to the fact that aTm-b/cs, Tarleton St, PVAMU, W-aTm, aTm-Corpus, and other A&M SYSTEM schools are all sister schools. The aggies of b/cs, their school, will never EVER write checks for its sister schools; however, the A&M System will. Don't confuse the system we are under w/ that actual school in b/cs.

Our recent new stadium was created w/ checks from our system, not the "aggies" of b/cs.

BisonFan02
September 4th, 2017, 08:51 PM
Certainly don't blame you as recent history is not on our side & we are still in rebuild mode.

Hopefully the upcoming 3 OOC games vs SHSU, Nicholls, & IUW will have us positioned for some great things in the near future.

Agree.

Panther88
September 4th, 2017, 08:53 PM
Agree.

We want to be in that top tier w/ the greaters of fcs like NDSU but.... we don't have NDSU FBS lol athletic budget (33M$, right?).

BisonFan02
September 4th, 2017, 09:01 PM
We want to be in that top tier w/ the greaters of fcs like NDSU but.... we don't have NDSU FBS lol athletic budget (33M$, right?).

Somewhere in that range. If the budget isn't there, maybe they shouldn't be a DI program?

cx500d
September 4th, 2017, 09:26 PM

You also don't participate in the fcs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pvdogteam
September 4th, 2017, 10:59 PM

Now I can't argue that one, need to see the truth on the field, but with our secret staff we have no clue what we will see Thursday LOL

TheEagleSHSU
September 5th, 2017, 10:32 AM
I will be in attendance on Thursday with MK, I am really interested in seeing the new stadium. Also, pvdogteam or Panther88, where should visitors park for tailgating? Does PVAMU have a specific location?

BNATION
September 5th, 2017, 10:44 AM
65-16 SHSU with backups playing second half.

Panther88
September 5th, 2017, 11:26 AM
I will be in attendance on Thursday with MK, I am really interested in seeing the new stadium. Also, pvdogteam or Panther88, where should visitors park for tailgating? Does PVAMU have a specific location?

There's a tailgating lot just across from the east side stands of the stadium. After making the left from University Drive onto Hobart Taylor Drive, the very last left you can make will house the area where the official tailgating occurs (electricity, pavement, rv hookups, etc). Call 936-261-9100 for more specific 411 + instructions.

- - - Updated - - -

*right click*

*save!*

:)

TheEagleSHSU
September 5th, 2017, 11:33 AM
There's a tailgating lot just across from the east side stands of the stadium. After making the left from University Drive onto Hobart Taylor Drive, the very last left you can make will house the area where the official tailgating occurs (electricity, pavement, rv hookups, etc). Call 936-261-9100 for more specific 411 + instructions.

- - - Updated - - -

:)

Thanks Panther88, I am thinking I will be at the stadium around 1330 with a cooler waiting on MK with the grill and tents. I will PM you when we get there and we can get together and have some banter.

milleniumkat
September 5th, 2017, 11:43 AM

"SHSU by 60+" unquote.

I call Sandbagging!

milleniumkat
September 5th, 2017, 11:45 AM

You do realize Keeler is still our coach right?

milleniumkat
September 5th, 2017, 12:01 PM
Thanks Panther88, I am thinking I will be at the stadium around 1330 with a cooler waiting on MK with the grill and tents. I will PM you when we get there and we can get together and have some banter.

I'm too sensitive right now for banter. Unless it has burbon in it.

Panther88
September 5th, 2017, 12:12 PM
I call Sandbagging!

lol

mk, you couldn't ask for a more festive environment, imho. 2 schools separated by only 62 (?) miles, recruiting the same region(s - for the most part), a bona fide nat'l powerhouse squad ranked #3, fcs playoff finalist what... 3 of the last 5 years (?), arguably the BEST QB in the nation @ the fcs level in Mr Briscoe and prior Walter Payton Award winner vs an up and comer rebuilding from the ground up w/ new venue attempting to showcase its possibilities on nat'l tv. Plus added spice includes the 2015 fcs scoring champion (PV) vs the 2016 fcs scoring champion (SHSU). Both representing neighboring fcs conferences situated in the exact same regional footprints? SHSU has a point to prove - dominance. PVAMU has a point to prove - resurgence.

We are very humbled to host a national power like SHSU on campus. 10 years ago, we host elsewhere smh.

Panther88
September 5th, 2017, 12:14 PM

The weather is reportedly gonna' be in the lower 60s that night w/ highs in the mid-80s. I'm thinking heat won't be a factor Thursday w/ the cold front blowing through Wednesday (tomorrow).

Forgot... do NOT speed in and around areas in Waller county. It's radar central to the 100th power.

Daytripper
September 5th, 2017, 12:18 PM
lol

mk, you couldn't ask for a more festive environment, imho. 2 schools separated by only 62 (?) miles, recruiting the same region(s - for the most part), a bona fide nat'l powerhouse squad ranked #3, fcs playoff finalist what... 3 of the last 5 years (?), arguably the BEST QB in the nation @ the fcs level in Mr Briscoe and prior Walter Payton Award winner vs an up and comer rebuilding from the ground up w/ new venue attempting to showcase its possibilities on nat'l tv. Plus added spice includes the 2015 fcs scoring champion (PV) vs the 2016 fcs scoring champion (SHSU). Both representing neighboring fcs conferences situated in the exact same regional footprints? SHSU has a point to prove - dominance. PVAMU has a point to prove - resurgence.

We are very humbled to host a national power like SHSU on campus. 10 years ago, we host elsewhere smh.

I'm really looking forward to watching this on ESPNU....I can't make this trip. Hoping for a competitive game from PVAMU. I wish the SLC could trade UIW for you guys.

milleniumkat
September 5th, 2017, 12:27 PM
lol

I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready! But if this damn waitress at golden corral don't stop bothering me i may be in Jail thursday. **** girl, i got enough drink.

I agree on all points. I told you my thoughts on PV already. I'd like to have them in the SLC for the reasons you mentioned. That rivalry could grow into something special.

McNeese72
September 5th, 2017, 12:29 PM

"SHSU by 60+" unquote.

I see what you did there, Rick.

We need a home and home with you guys. I'd like to see that new stadium.

Doc

Panther88
September 5th, 2017, 12:30 PM
I'm really looking forward to watching this on ESPNU....I can't make this trip. Hoping for a competitive game from PVAMU. I wish the SLC could trade UIW for you guys.

Ticket prices were dropped to 15$ per (gameday) etc. Maybe you should reconsider visiting...

Complimentary tickets to the game will be provided to:

First Responders with ID (Police/Fire/EMT/Military)
All Texas Teachers with ID
All Elementary/Middle/High School Students with ID (Parents of students $10 – must accompany to ticket booth for purchase)
All PVAMU Faculty and Staff with ID
All PVAMU Students with ID

In addition, there will be $15 general admission tickets.

The Prairie View A&M University Student Government Association will collect donations outside Panther Stadium. Fans can receive $10 tickets with a contribution to Panther Push (see donations list above).

Fans may claim their complimentary or discounted tickets on Gameday on the East Side of Panther Stadium beginning at 4:30 p.m.

Details here----> http://www.pvpanthers.com/news/2017/9/2/football-houstonstrong-game-thursday-vs-sam-houston-st.aspx?path=football

Panther88
September 5th, 2017, 12:33 PM
I see what you did there, Rick.

We need a home and home with you guys. I'd like to see that new stadium.

Doc

You taught me well lol. ;) I'm not sure how the 2018 OOC sched is looking other than we have SHSU @ their place and Rice @ their place. Leaves room for 2 more and 1 of those is reserved for the lamb who'll serve as our HC'ing bait. Mac is NOT HC'ing bait. Send us a D-IIer/NAIAer. :D

Panther88
September 5th, 2017, 12:38 PM
I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready! But if this damn waitress at golden corral don't stop bothering me i may be in Jail thursday. **** girl, i got enough drink.

I agree on all points. I told you my thoughts on PV already. I'd like to have them in the SLC for the reasons you mentioned. That rivalry could grow into something special.

In my remedial mind, I think the [subliminal] rivalry has always been there; hence the 32 year hiatus from the gridiron coupled w/ that one and only meeting in '85. A few years ago, SHSU hosted Bama St (SWAC) and oddly enough, PVAMU had a bye that EXACT same week. All sorts of thoughts were going through my head and I never asked staffers why they were avoiding the obvious. Those days are over.

BNATION
September 5th, 2017, 12:49 PM
Agreed would love to see PV get out of the SWAC. the conference has no future and no shot at a title.

ASU33
September 5th, 2017, 01:45 PM
Agreed would love to see PV get out of the SWAC. the conference has no future and no shot at a title.

Oh really?

The Pud
September 5th, 2017, 01:45 PM
Oh really?

yup

Coogkat15
September 5th, 2017, 01:53 PM
Oh really?

Agreed! I love the history of the SWAC, (50 plus years of conference rivalries) but I'd like to see PV competing for a playoff spot. The OVC has Tennessee State, why not send the Southland PV? You guys deserve to be competing in the post season. I have a lot of family who graduated from PV. They would lose it seeing a national championship caliber squad competing in the post season. Plus you can conserve some of those old rivalries via OOC scheduling like with (Tuskegee and Alabama State).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheRevSFA
September 5th, 2017, 01:59 PM
I'm trying to swing a few things so I can come up and catch the game

The Pud
September 5th, 2017, 02:07 PM

Geez, SFA that bad that you want to come see Sammy? xnodx

ASU33
September 5th, 2017, 02:09 PM
Agreed! I love the history of the SWAC, (50 plus years of conference rivalries) but I'd like to see PV competing for a playoff spot. The OVC has Tennessee State, why not send the Southland PV? You guys deserve to be competing in the post season. I have a lot of family who graduated from PV. They would lose it seeing a national championship caliber squad competing in the post season. Plus you can conserve some of those old rivalries via OOC scheduling like with (Tuskegee and Alabama State).

Prairie View isn't even competing for the Western Division of the SWAC on a consistent basis. How in the hell are they going to compete for a national title?

McNeese72
September 5th, 2017, 02:21 PM
You taught me well lol. ;) I'm not sure how the 2018 OOC sched is looking other than we have SHSU @ their place and Rice @ their place. Leaves room for 2 more and 1 of those is reserved for the lamb who'll serve as our HC'ing bait. Mac is NOT HC'ing bait. Send us a D-IIer/NAIAer. :D

Nah, 2018 is out. Our OOC 2 games are at BYU and home against Alcorn St. (which is the second half of a home and home).

Doc

Professor
September 5th, 2017, 02:21 PM
Prairie View isn't even competing for the Western Division of the SWAC on a consistent basis. How in the hell are they going to compete for a national title?

EXACTLY. People have to crawl before they can walk and run

ASU33
September 5th, 2017, 02:23 PM

Ask TSU fans how well they like the OVC.

TheRevSFA
September 5th, 2017, 02:30 PM
Geez, SFA that bad that you want to come see Sammy? xnodx

Actually MK and Eagle are two good friends of mine.

Besides its a Thursday game

The Pud
September 5th, 2017, 02:31 PM

Ok, then I say you are a good guy. You know I love ya man.

milleniumkat
September 5th, 2017, 02:42 PM

bluff called

milleniumkat
September 5th, 2017, 02:54 PM
panther88.....we are being told no tailgating in general parking 🙀Advice?

TheEagleSHSU
September 5th, 2017, 03:11 PM

REV, I am leaving Downtown Houston at noon on Thursday. I can swing you back Downtown to get your ride if you want to ride out with me!

Coogkat15
September 5th, 2017, 03:19 PM

I think I misspoke or mistyped. I am more so speaking in terms of future seasons (give or take 5-10 seasons) after being in a postseason competing conference. Do you not believe that a PVAMU in the SLC wouldn't be an attractive destination for potential recruits/transfers? Especially with the renovations they have made with their locker rooms/Stadium.

ASU33
September 5th, 2017, 03:23 PM
I think I misspoke or mistyped. I am more so speaking in terms of future seasons (give or take 5-10 seasons) after being in a postseason competing conference. Do you not believe that a PVAMU in the SLC wouldn't be an attractive destination for potential recruits/transfers? Especially with the renovations they have made with their locker rooms/Stadium.

No. I believe that Prairie View will be Prairie View just like Tennessee State has been Tennessee State. Moving conferences isn't helping anything especially with the decrease in attendance they'd have by making the move.

Coogkat15
September 5th, 2017, 03:24 PM
Ask TSU fans how well they like the OVC.

Hey man, I would love to. I think that arrangement is interesting. I mean I think its cool if SWAC/MEAC schools want to preserve traditional rivalries, I just wish they competed more in the FCS playoffs. Don't get me wrong, I love the classics. But would I love to see a playoff match up with FAMU, BCU, NCAT verses SHSU, Central Arky, or McNeese? Hell yeah! The Marching 100 at Bowers? it would be amazing!

ASU33
September 5th, 2017, 03:29 PM
Hey man, I would love to. I think that arrangement is interesting. I mean I think its cool if SWAC/MEAC schools want to preserve traditional rivalries, I just wish they competed more in the FCS playoffs. Don't get me wrong, I love the classics. But would I love to see a playoff match up with FAMU, BCU, NCAT verses SHSU, Central Arky, or McNeese? Hell yeah! The Marching 100 at Bowers? it would be amazing!

The Classics have nothing to do with the Playoffs. In fact only two Classic games are played during the week of Thanksgiving(Bayou Classic and Turkey Day Classic) that would interfere with the FCS playoffs. The SWAC title game is going away after this season to increase chances at an at-large playoff bid. The idea is to build resumes to get two teams participating in the post season(Champ-Celebration Bowl, and an at-large to the playoffs)

Coogkat15
September 5th, 2017, 03:30 PM
No. I believe that Prairie View will be Prairie View just like Tennessee State has been Tennessee State. Moving conferences isn't helping anything especially with the decrease in attendance they'd have by making the move.

Possibly, attendance issues plague alot of FCS. But I think the Southland and SWAC schools are too close. With alot of students having relatives/friends who have gone and graduated or currently attended both schools. SHSU is not having any shortage of students who are traveling the 1hr and 30 minutes to PV for the game and from my understanding both schools are buzzing about the match up. It was the same for SHSU and TxSU and I would suspect it wouldn't be much different for a Southern/Grambling and McNeese State or SELA game.

Coogkat15
September 5th, 2017, 03:32 PM
The Classics have nothing to do with the Playoffs. In fact only two Classic games are played during the week of Thanksgiving(Bayou Classic and Turkey Day Classic) that would interfere with the FCS playoffs. The SWAC title game is going away after this season to increase chances at an at-large playoff bid. The idea is to build resumes to get two teams participating in the post season(Champ-Celebration Bowl, and an at-large to the playoffs)

Hey makes sense man. Call me selfish. I want to see more match-ups. I'm a fan of all three ( SLC, SWAC and MEAC) conferences. Grew up on them. Want all member institutions to be competitive.

ASU33
September 5th, 2017, 03:36 PM
Hey makes sense man. Call me selfish. I want to see more match-ups. I'm a fan of all three ( SLC, SWAC and MEAC) conferences. Grew up on them. Want all member institutions to be competitive.

You'll see more SWAC SLC matchups and SWAC vs. OVC/Southern/Big South matchups too. SWAC schools are scheduling to build playoff resumes just incase we miss the Celebration Bowl. We got home and homes with Kennesaw State, potentially a series with Samford, and others on the horizon.

TheRevSFA
September 5th, 2017, 03:37 PM
REV, I am leaving Downtown Houston at noon on Thursday. I can swing you back Downtown to get your ride if you want to ride out with me!

man we aren't back downtown yet. I don't return to office til the 11th

milleniumkat
September 5th, 2017, 03:40 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170905/878940a68a45d06eff8e85d00086b63b.jpg

OK ...Looks like the pregame party will be at Panther88's house! I ain't spending $100 to sit in a parking lot.

Coogkat15
September 5th, 2017, 03:45 PM
You'll see more SWAC SLC matchups and SWAC vs. OVC/Southern/Big South matchups too. SWAC schools are scheduling to build playoff resumes just incase we miss the Celebration Bowl. We got home and homes with Kennesaw State, potentially a series with Samford, and others on the horizon.

That's what I like to see! I think there some potential for some really good football there! xnodx

TheEagleSHSU
September 5th, 2017, 08:00 PM
man we aren't back downtown yet. I don't return to office til the 11th

So you're just going to meet me at my office then or get dropped off and I can take you to the buccees in Texas city to meet your ride home. Deal. No excuses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pvdogteam
September 6th, 2017, 06:31 AM

Hey Eagle, when I was there they had hook ups for RV, but I'm not sure how many spots. When we played Southern the visitors had RVs at the game because Southern travels pretty heavy, my fraternity brothers handle that for me and I just show up so I'm not sure of the particulars on getting RV spots.

milleniumkat
September 6th, 2017, 06:46 AM
Hey Eagle, when I was there they had hook ups for RV, but I'm not sure how many spots. When we played Southern the visitors had RVs at the game because Southern travels pretty heavy, my fraternity brothers handle that for me and I just show up so I'm not sure of the particulars on getting RV spots.

We ain't got no RV! lol.

I have spied these two lots about a mile from campus. Any idea what they belong to and if one might be able to set up shop there?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170906/ec9a18a86aa477ee63d8daf119313b41.jpg

milleniumkat
September 6th, 2017, 07:16 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170906/327630dcb1b290e7d3943237a5b7a11d.jpg

Or...what if yours truly were to back into one of those spots adjacent to the grass and throw up a covering at the back of the truck so that we could sit on the grass. What would be the harm in that?

milleniumkat
September 6th, 2017, 08:45 AM
OK the PV Conglomerate has worn me down. I'm springing for the Tailgating spots. See y'all there!

POD Knows
September 6th, 2017, 09:01 AM
PVAMU has lost a remarkable 1 game at home in the last 3 consecutive years under our current staff.

We shall see what's what.If it is that close, I will drop SHSU down, this should be a 60 to freaking nothing ass whopping.

The Pud
September 6th, 2017, 09:23 AM
If it is that close, I will drop SHSU down, this should be a 60 to freaking nothing ass whopping.

The Pod agrees

milleniumkat
September 6th, 2017, 09:40 AM
I think y'all underestimate PV's talent. Plus motivation of a home opener.

I think they will give a tough first qtr, may even lead. Then SHSU depth will take over down the stretch. They ain't no MVSU imho. And shsu hasn't had s shut out in like 6 years so good luck using that as a basis for anything.

Daytripper
September 6th, 2017, 09:41 AM

I think they will give a tough first qtr, may even lead. Then SHSU depth will take over down the stretch. They ain't no MVSU imho. And shsu hasn't had s shut out in like 6 years so good luck using that as a basis for anything.

This is fact. They have size and speed. What they lack, and what will be their undoing, is depth.

pvdogteam
September 6th, 2017, 10:29 AM

I hope you let the waitress make it, LOL

hope you enjoy Pantherland

pvdogteam
September 6th, 2017, 10:32 AM
If it is that close, I will drop SHSU down, this should be a 60 to freaking nothing ass whopping.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/rgTSEWHsrBw/maxresdefault.jpg

pvdogteam
September 6th, 2017, 11:29 AM
OK the PV Conglomerate has worn me down. I'm springing for the Tailgating spots. See y'all there!

LOL

http://www.troll.me/images2/victory-baby/ohhhh-yeaaaaaaaaa-thats-the-spirit-thumb.jpg

Panther88
September 6th, 2017, 12:03 PM
Forgot to add... we sell beer/wine(?) inside the stadium. A 12oz cup is 372,789.11$ w/ tax. The 11 cents goes a long way towards facility maintenance and cleanup lol. I think a small cup of red/white wine was all of your stock-options + 4 pints of your blood.

milleniumkat
September 6th, 2017, 12:22 PM
Forgot to add... we sell beer/wine(?) inside the stadium. A 12oz cup is 372,789.11$ w/ tax. The 11 cents goes a long way towards facility maintenance and cleanup lol. I think a small cup of red/white wine was all of your stock-options + 4 pints of your blood.

😳😳😳 that's all?

milleniumkat
September 6th, 2017, 12:24 PM
LOL

http://www.troll.me/images2/victory-baby/ohhhh-yeaaaaaaaaa-thats-the-spirit-thumb.jpg

I thought i was, now i can't get this damn site to work. I may watch it from a motel in Hempstead dude

fmrbearkat
September 6th, 2017, 01:07 PM

Agreed. I think 60-0 may be pushing it a bit but if we don't win by 40+ I'll be disappointed. I think our young secondary will react quicker going against your average QB vs one of the top 2-3 qbs in the country.

by week 3-4 they will be at game speed and rocking and rolling!!

Im going 60-28 with 14 in 1st qtr and 14 with starters pulled and honestly I'd still be a little disappointed if that's the case. The talent is there but I'm still giving them 3-4 weeks of growing up to get where they should be defensively.

pvdogteam
September 6th, 2017, 01:47 PM
Agreed. I think 60-0 may be pushing it a bit but if we don't win by 40+ I'll be disappointed. I think our young secondary will react quicker going against your average QB vs one of the top 2-3 qbs in the country.

Im going 60-28 with 14 in 1st qtr and 14 with starters pulled and honestly I'd still be a little disappointed if that's the case. The talent is there but I'm still giving them 3-4 weeks of growing up to get where they should be defensively.

So who is this average QB you speak of? Just asking for a friend

fmrbearkat
September 6th, 2017, 02:02 PM

You think he's a top 10-15 QB in Fcs? Honestly no smack. I haven't paid a ton of attn given recent weeks events and I do think PV A&M is on the rise but I didn't think he was considered one the top fcs qbs.

pvdogteam
September 6th, 2017, 02:03 PM
You think he's a top 10-15 QB in Fcs? Honestly no smack. I haven't paid a ton of attn given recent weeks events and I do think PV A&M is on the rise but I didn't think he was considered one the top fcs qbs.

I'm just jacking with you because they keeping the starting QB so secret, we Panthers don't even know LOL

Sammy94
September 6th, 2017, 02:13 PM
I'm just jacking with you because they keeping the starting QB so secret, we Panthers don't even know LOL

I was wondering about that as I looked over the game notes.
QB 5 Lavell McCullers 6-3 215 Jr Houston
or 15 Neiko Hollins 6-4 235 Fr Fresno
or 12 Jalen Morton 6-3 230 Jr Arlington
or...or...or

Panther88
September 6th, 2017, 02:25 PM
or...or...or

Nahhhhhhhh.... can't be one of those qbs on that outdated roster.

- - - Updated - - -

I see what you did right there. :D xlolx

pvdogteam
September 6th, 2017, 02:36 PM
or...or...or

See what I'm talking about, I have 4 years of eligibility left, they could stick me out there LOL

TheEagleSHSU
September 6th, 2017, 03:22 PM
See what I'm talking about, I have 4 years of eligibility left, they could stick me out there LOL

Put me in Coach, I'm ready to play...Today!!!

The Pud
September 6th, 2017, 03:27 PM
or...or...or

Wow, these QBs are huge! Are these guys fast too? Dual threat QBs??

pvdogteam
September 6th, 2017, 04:36 PM

We don't know, coach won't let us see jack. We will find out when you do tomorrow night

PantherRob82
September 6th, 2017, 05:21 PM
Hopefully this is a better game than advertised. I love the new stadium and would love to see the on the field product match.

fmrbearkat
September 6th, 2017, 05:22 PM

Ha...that's hilarious!!! I didn't realize y'all didn't even know who was starting yet. Very well played!!

milleniumkat
September 6th, 2017, 05:45 PM

Hey i can give 6-8 hard plays my damn self. But that's it.

milleniumkat
September 6th, 2017, 05:46 PM
Hopefully this is a better game than advertised. I love the new stadium and would love to see the on the field product match.

Do y'all sell beer in the UNIDome?

PV_Sigma7
September 6th, 2017, 06:36 PM

I'm late to the party but a quick google search will give you the answer on one of the QBs... He was one of the top-rated JUCO QBs in the country last season... xcoffeexxcoffeex

milleniumkat
September 6th, 2017, 10:07 PM
I'm late to the party but a quick google search will give you the answer on one of the QBs... He was one of the top-rated JUCO QBs in the country last season... xcoffeexxcoffeex

🍿Yeah well...Jeremiah Briscoe was bitten by a snake sunday morning. After days of agonizing pain, the snake died this afternoon.

POD Knows
September 6th, 2017, 11:45 PM

Im going 60-28 with 14 in 1st qtr and 14 with starters pulled and honestly I'd still be a little disappointed if that's the case. The talent is there but I'm still giving them 3-4 weeks of growing up to get where they should be defensively.28 points to those ass clowns, how soft are you guys.

The Pud
September 7th, 2017, 05:39 AM
28 points to those ass clowns, how soft are you guys.

Soft enough to route No. 7 Richmond Spiders

milleniumkat
September 7th, 2017, 07:12 AM
28 points to those ass clowns, how soft are you guys.

Why you full of so much hate bruh? PVAMU is our neighbors to the west. They have a talented roster.

McNeese72
September 7th, 2017, 08:46 AM
Why you full of so much hate bruh? PVAMU is our neighbors to the west. They have a talented roster.

Haven't you figured it out by now. Any opponent that is not NDSU is not worthy. ;)

Doc

milleniumkat
September 7th, 2017, 08:47 AM
Haven't you figured it out by now. Any opponent that is not NDSU is not worthy. ;)

Doc

I'm a hard learner Doc!

pvdogteam
September 7th, 2017, 09:07 AM

Kat this is football he doesn't have to be nice to us, it's all good. Even jokers like him are welcome to buy some of that Prairie View boudain at our stadium as he enjoy his favorite team demolish us by 70 plus points as he said

Daytripper
September 7th, 2017, 10:05 AM

Doc

This.

POD Knows
September 7th, 2017, 10:06 AM
Not hate, you guys are just positioning yourself for when your POS D gives up points to one of the worst teams in FCS. We have played them before and maybe they have gotten better but I doubt it

POD Knows
September 7th, 2017, 10:19 AM
Kat this is football he doesn't have to be nice to us, it's all good. Even jokers like him are welcome to buy some of that Prairie View boudain at our stadium as he enjoy his favorite team demolish us by 70 plus points as he said
I hope Prairie View drops 70 on SHSU. I am all in for you guys but even I am powerful enough to keep this game close I am afraid

pvdogteam
September 7th, 2017, 10:21 AM
Not hate, you guys are just positioning yourself for when your POS D gives up points to one of the worst teams in FCS. We have played them before and maybe they have gotten better but I doubt it

Poor Panthers will be lucky to even sniff a first down, this game should be rated TV-MA because the Panther bloodshed will be horrific

The Pud
September 7th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Poor Panthers will be lucky to even sniff a first down, this game should be rated TV-MA because the Panther bloodshed will be horrific

Do not believe what these girls say.................besides, they are still crying since Sammy destroyed No. 7 Richmond. :D

milleniumkat
September 7th, 2017, 10:47 AM

Y'all got boudain?? You can't use the "B" word around me sir!

milleniumkat
September 7th, 2017, 10:48 AM

I'm showing respect to a team an fan base that has been through as much as mine recently so i don't see the need for childish, infantile name calling like some little bitch. Go take care of your business and don't worry bout our weak ass teams.

pvdogteam
September 7th, 2017, 11:03 AM
I'm showing respect to a team an fan base that has been through as much as mine recently so i don't see the need for childish, infantile name calling like some little bitch. Go take care of your business and don't worry bout our weak ass teams.

Dammit Kat, if you make me laugh that loud at work again we are going to have a problem LOL

Are you related to Panther88 cause you are crazy LOL

TheEagleSHSU
September 7th, 2017, 11:17 AM
Alright ladies, I'm leaving my office at 12pm to go sit in a parking lot by myself for 6 hours and drink. How welcoming are PVAMU folks? Who should I stay away from? We are in the RV lot, parking spots in the 50's.

McNeese72
September 7th, 2017, 11:27 AM

Nicely done but maybe a little too obvious. ;)

Doc

McNeese72
September 7th, 2017, 11:29 AM
Y'all got boudain?? You can't use the "B" word around me sir!

We always have some at our tailgate to snack on. But we spell it "boudin". ;)

Doc

pvdogteam
September 7th, 2017, 11:37 AM
We always have some at our tailgate to snack on. But we spell it "boudin". ;)

Doc

Sorry Doc, I'm from Kansas City I just started eating it when I got down here, I had a feeling I was spelling it wrong LOL

pvdogteam
September 7th, 2017, 11:38 AM
Nicely done but maybe a little too obvious. ;)

Doc

Would it have helped if I added 0-80 PV, now it matches my statement

pvdogteam
September 7th, 2017, 11:39 AM
Alright ladies, I'm leaving my office at 12pm to go sit in a parking lot by myself for 6 hours and drink. How welcoming are PVAMU folks? Who should I stay away from? We are in the RV lot, parking spots in the 50's.

Long as you don't wear a Grambling shirt you can hang out with anyone at the tailgate, they might even feed you if you make them laugh LOL

milleniumkat
September 7th, 2017, 03:44 PM
Dammit Kat, if you make me laugh that loud at work again we are going to have a problem LOL

Are you related to Panther88 cause you are crazy LOL

He's my Cousin i think. 💋

pvdogteam
September 7th, 2017, 04:43 PM
He's my Cousin i think. 

Cool, you should see him tonight since he will be on the east side of the stadium with the other Kats and not the Panthers tonight

pvdogteam
September 7th, 2017, 04:44 PM
that Drew Brees like Briscoe makes me nervous, I hope we can keep up with all his whirlwind scoring, coach said he has to keep the foot on the gas tonight against the Panthers, hope he doesn't do another 7 touchdown night on us smh

milleniumkat
September 7th, 2017, 05:23 PM
that Drew Brees like Briscoe makes me nervous, I hope we can keep up with all his whirlwind scoring, coach said he has to keep the foot on the gas tonight against the Panthers, hope he doesn't do another 7 touchdown night on us smh

Where did you hear keeler say that?

milleniumkat
September 7th, 2017, 05:24 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170907/461d2fa66570cd38d650b319751e7f96.png

One hour till kick, Flags up Baby!

BNATION
September 7th, 2017, 05:53 PM
Final predictions?

Serpentor
September 7th, 2017, 05:59 PM
Final predictions?

PVAM is a decent SWAC team, they might get more than 20 points, depending on how quickly our D falls asleep. Sam will probably scored quickly then coast in the second half.

I'll say 63-24

TheRevSFA
September 7th, 2017, 06:04 PM
42-17 Sam

pvdogteam
September 7th, 2017, 06:08 PM
Where did you hear keeler say that?

right here homie, so we can't cry if he runs up the score, he already said it LOL

“I made a big mistake,” Keeler said. “We’re a tempo team. We play with rhythm. We’ve practiced that way every single day since the day I got here.
“We were kind of holding on that second half because we were without our starting two safeties, our starting buck linebacker, a couple defensive linemen, all the guys who were cramping and those kind of things. Typically, we have not seen that from our kids before. I consciously took the pedal off the metal, which we normally don’t do. I was just trying to get healthy bodies back on the field. (Easing up) is something we will definitely try not to do again. We play best when we play with tempo and we play aggressive.”
Despite the Bearkats amassing 683 yards and scoring 42 of their 48 points in a span of 18 minutes, 23 seconds in their victory over Richmond, Prairie View head coach Willie Simmons believes his defense will be prepared for the explosive Sam Houston offense because of the speed of the offense they go up

http://www.itemonline.com/sports/sam_houston_state_university_bearkats/with-five-days-to-prepare-no-bearkats-hit-the-road/article_89b2840a-1525-584d-8bbe-d66171103371.html

TheRevSFA
September 7th, 2017, 06:31 PM
Sam is wearing their all white jersey tonight.

Yep, at a HBCU. I see you Keeler...

xlolx xnodx

i need a sarcasm font for this as someone is going to take it seriously

milleniumkat
September 7th, 2017, 06:31 PM
Gotcha

BisonFan02
September 7th, 2017, 06:33 PM
This is on national TV? :D

BisonFan02
September 7th, 2017, 06:36 PM
Was this originally on the road for SHSU?

BNATION
September 7th, 2017, 06:41 PM
This will be ugly.

Schism55
September 7th, 2017, 06:50 PM
Is noone from espn watching this broadcast? Turn down the field mics please, dang.

BNATION
September 7th, 2017, 06:58 PM
Broadcast quality is just terrible.

Serpentor
September 7th, 2017, 07:02 PM
Broadcast quality is just terrible.

Is ESPN using their ESPN3 software to broadcast this?

Serpentor
September 7th, 2017, 07:16 PM
Okay, 17-3 Kats, end of first quarter.

pvdogteam
September 7th, 2017, 07:19 PM
Briscoe is wow

Can't sack a guy that throws in 2 seconds

Serpentor
September 7th, 2017, 07:31 PM
Prairie View's sloppy with the penalties, otherwise they'd have more points on the board now.

milleniumkat
September 7th, 2017, 07:33 PM
PV got athletes. Good effort from them so far.

BNATION
September 7th, 2017, 07:37 PM
PV definately has good athletes just poorly coached.

Serpentor
September 7th, 2017, 07:39 PM
PV definately has good athletes just poorly coached.

Giving us good field position each time with shanked punts isn't doing their defense any favors either.

Serpentor
September 7th, 2017, 07:41 PM
SWAC refs are really flag happy!

milleniumkat
September 7th, 2017, 07:55 PM
That qb #5 has wheels. we better start staying at home. Damn. Totally sloppy, uninspired football

pvdogteam
September 7th, 2017, 07:59 PM
too many first game mistakes by PV to a really good team smh

pvdogteam
September 7th, 2017, 08:02 PM
#14 and #81 playing by themselves, I could catch balls from Briscoe wow

milleniumkat
September 7th, 2017, 08:03 PM
Good first half for PV. Just what i expected. Inspired effort early. Yeah...our defense sucks still lol

Serpentor
September 7th, 2017, 08:05 PM
Good first half for PV. Just what i expected. Inspired effort early.

Agreed. Panthers are playing tough tonight.

Lorne_Malvo
September 7th, 2017, 08:10 PM
SHSU sucks.

Serpentor
September 7th, 2017, 08:10 PM
SHSU sucks.

Your mom sucks.

BNATION
September 7th, 2017, 08:12 PM
Embarrassing... our defense will be our downfall as usual.

pvdogteam
September 7th, 2017, 08:13 PM
SHSU sucks.

What??!!!

That Briscoe damn he can score fast glad we at least hanging in there

- - - Updated - - -

Now off to watch my Chiefs during halftime

TheRevSFA
September 7th, 2017, 08:15 PM
Sam's defense will give up 40 points a game.

Their offense can put up enough to cover though.

Schism55
September 7th, 2017, 08:17 PM
Is PJ Hall playing?

TheEagleSHSU
September 7th, 2017, 08:18 PM
Hell of a job by pvamu at half. Way to show the respect for those that lost there lives during Harvey. #HoustonStrong

pvdogteam
September 7th, 2017, 08:19 PM
Is PJ Hall playing?

Nope he didn't play the first game either, he's back next week

milleniumkat
PV did a good job of eating clock and keeping Kats Off the field. Give some credit to PV. this is a good team, not a great team, playing great at home in their opener.

TheEagleSHSU
Is PJ Hall playing?

No, serving 2nd game of 2 game suspension for academics.

ASU33
September 7th, 2017, 08:23 PM
PV did a good job of eating clock and keeping Kats Off the field. Give some credit to PV. this is a good team, not a great team, playing great at home in their opener.

This is PV's season opener since theirs was canceled vs Texas Southern a week ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Sam Houston State's offense is good enough to keep them in every game. The problem is their defense is bad enough to keep the other team in every game!

Schism55
September 7th, 2017, 08:24 PM
No, serving 2nd game of 2 game suspension for academics.
Thanks for the knowledge. I thought it was a 1 game suspension for some reason.

Serpentor
September 7th, 2017, 08:28 PM
This is PV's season opener since theirs was canceled vs Texas Southern a week ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Sam Houston State's offense is good enough to keep them in every game. The problem is their defense is bad enough to keep the other team in every game!

This x 1 million.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 7th, 2017, 08:39 PM
Wow...PV looks very much improved over the team that came to Fargo a few years back!

xthumbsupx

WestCoastAggie
September 7th, 2017, 08:40 PM
PV looks to be able to run the ball at will on the Bearkats.

WestCoastAggie
September 7th, 2017, 08:43 PM
That was a very untimely penalty.

pvdogteam
September 7th, 2017, 08:46 PM
yes, good job Kountry Sophomore Tucker TD PV

milleniumkat
September 7th, 2017, 08:47 PM
9 min opening drive. Hats off to PV. They want this more. Our boys thought it would be easy. We drop out of top ten regardless.

Schism55
September 7th, 2017, 08:48 PM
Ooooh boy! Keep 'em puckered kats fans xlolx

milleniumkat
i know. This is bad. real bad.

Serpentor
I hope Clayton Carlin enjoys his first and only season as Kats defensive coordinator.

pvdogteam
September 7th, 2017, 08:50 PM
really??? TD KO ret smh

Lorne_Malvo
September 7th, 2017, 08:50 PM
Come on PV, that was bad.

Laker
September 7th, 2017, 08:51 PM
PVAM cuts it to six points behind, and promptly gives up a KO return for a TD. Now 37-24.

WestCoastAggie
September 7th, 2017, 08:52 PM
PVAM cuts it to six points behind, and promptly gives up a KO return for a TD. Now 37-24.

SMH

Schism55
September 7th, 2017, 08:53 PM
Wow... can't do THAT prairie view

milleniumkat
September 7th, 2017, 08:55 PM
Told y'all PV had players. skill guys much better than Richmond. Much better

Serpentor
September 7th, 2017, 08:56 PM
Tempo is not working for PV. When they slow it down, they do better.

ASU33
September 7th, 2017, 08:59 PM
Wow...PV looks very much improved over the team that came to Fargo a few years back!

xthumbsupx

Completely different staff, and much improved program since Simmons took over.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 7th, 2017, 09:00 PM
Dang, PV is looking good.

SHSU gave up over 600 yards last game....looks like they'll give up a ton again.

- - - Updated - - -

Completely different staff, and much improved program since Simmons took over.

I know it is a different staff but they are very much improved. Hats off to the coaching staff and players, they look good.

milleniumkat
September 7th, 2017, 09:00 PM
Offense has not seen the field the entire second half. lol. never seen that before.

Serpentor
September 7th, 2017, 09:01 PM
Mark my words, PV goes for it on fourth down for the rest of the game. Because why not?

DirtyDukes
September 7th, 2017, 09:01 PM
Prairie View's stadium looks pretty good on TV

Schism55
September 7th, 2017, 09:06 PM
http://www.espn.com/page2/s/list/colfootball/teams/worst.html
Prairie View A&M has come a loooong way.

pvdogteam
September 7th, 2017, 09:19 PM
Told y'all PV had players. skill guys much better than Richmond. Much better

The oldest players making these plays are juniors, most are sophomores

pvdogteam
September 7th, 2017, 09:21 PM
Another TD by the Kountry Sophomore for PV good job Tucker!!!

McNeese72
September 7th, 2017, 09:24 PM
Either PVAMU offense is very good or Sam's defense isn't. Maybe it is a little of both. ;)

Doc

milleniumkat
September 7th, 2017, 09:24 PM
Trap game at its finest. Hats off to PV. this is a win for them imho regardless.

milleniumkat
September 7th, 2017, 09:25 PM
Keeler should resign.

Lorne_Malvo
Hahahah! Nice PV!

DRDukes01
How did the ticks not win last week against this team? just wow.

BNATION
September 7th, 2017, 09:28 PM
Just embarrassing. Number 7 seed here we come.

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously your conference isn't as strong as advertised

pvdogteam
September 7th, 2017, 09:28 PM
Keeler should resign.

C'mon Kat that is cold dude

TheRevSFA
September 7th, 2017, 09:29 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously your conference isn't as strong as advertised

I'd be concerned about making it through conference first. Nicholls and SLU look like they could match up well against sam

TheRevSFA
September 7th, 2017, 09:29 PM
Keeler should resign.

Maybe BW gives him the Kiffin

BisonTru
September 7th, 2017, 09:30 PM

- - - Updated - - -

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Qwq7BYOnDrM/hqdefault.jpg

DirtyDukes
September 7th, 2017, 09:31 PM
I'd be concerned about making it through conference first. Nicholls and SLU look like they could match up well against sam

Careful, you'll be called a troll for discussing future opponents in a game thread.

Whampas
September 7th, 2017, 09:32 PM
Spiders should have scored 60 against this bunch. 8 trips into SHSU territory with no points. Nuts.

BNATION
September 7th, 2017, 09:33 PM
Nicholls ls and UCA will be tough games.

ASU33
September 7th, 2017, 09:34 PM
Nicholls ls and UCA will be tough games.

Prairie View goes to Nicholls next week

DeltaDevil662
September 7th, 2017, 09:36 PM
Give em hell PV

Lorne_Malvo
September 7th, 2017, 09:36 PM
Over 200 yards of penalties on PV.

TheRevSFA
September 7th, 2017, 09:44 PM
Prairie View goes to Nicholls next week

Should be a great game

TheRevSFA
September 7th, 2017, 09:44 PM
Sam's kicker is Ray Finkle?

milleniumkat
September 7th, 2017, 09:45 PM
lol.

pvdogteam
wow blocked the kick twice uh oh

Bison Fan in NW MN
Wow...0-3 on the same FG attempt....xrolleyesx

Serpentor
Well that was a bundle of delight.

Laker
September 7th, 2017, 09:46 PM
You think that SHSU will work on field goal protection next week?

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 7th, 2017, 09:47 PM

You would think...xlolx:D

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 7th, 2017, 09:49 PM
Wow....hang on to the ball!

Serpentor
September 7th, 2017, 09:54 PM
If it wasn't for the play reviews, or D wouldn't get any rest at all.

DirtyDukes
September 7th, 2017, 09:54 PM
Anybody else lose the ESPN feed?

ST_Lawson
September 7th, 2017, 09:56 PM

Just the stupid shiny logo sitting there.

Serpentor
September 7th, 2017, 09:57 PM
Just the stupid shiny logo sitting there.

You can watch it on TV...

ElCid
September 7th, 2017, 09:58 PM

Yeah, I was watching on TV but got overridden, so I went to the computer and it will not load, even though I have ESPNU on cable. Too lazy to go downstairs to the other TVxrotatehx Stuck watching the stats feed.

milleniumkat
Unreal job of PV to keep Kat offense off the field the whole second half.

pvdogteam
welp, good game

ST_Lawson
September 7th, 2017, 09:59 PM
You can watch it on TV...

If you get ESPNU....I don't. Guess I'll just watch the NFL game.

pvdogteam
September 7th, 2017, 10:00 PM
If it wasn't for the play reviews, or D wouldn't get any rest at all.

yep a straight up track meet

- - - Updated - - -

If you get ESPNU....I don't. Guess I'll just watch the NFL game.

good move, my Chiefs giving Brady the business

Serpentor
September 7th, 2017, 10:02 PM
Oh, I can't wait to hear Keeler's presser...

milleniumkat
Survived the trap. Good game PV. Good time and good people today. Good luck the rest of the way. Y'all looked good. now go win the SWAC

BEAR
Congrats Kats.

Hope Coach Campbell watched that game. xlolx

TheRevSFA
September 7th, 2017, 10:05 PM
Any team with good speed in their backfield and a good defense could give Sam troubles.

Not SFA, that's for sure.

Nicholls, SLU, and UCA would be my top 3

Serpentor
September 7th, 2017, 10:08 PM
Congrats to Prairie View, they had every intention of winning this thing. Clean up your penalties and you could win the Celebration Bowl this year.

BEAR
September 7th, 2017, 10:17 PM
I had to listen on the radio and they said the sideline radio guy's name is Bryan Adams? xeyebrowx

You know Kats fans...everything he do, he do it for you...oh yeah...xlolx

WestCoastAggie
September 7th, 2017, 10:28 PM

Prediction:

Prairie View - 35
Sam Houston - 50

Should've put money on this game.

Oh well...

I wonder if SHSU has a defense to win a title?

Schism55
September 7th, 2017, 10:30 PM

Oh well...

They gave up 300 yards rushing to a swac team. Magic 8 ball says.... No ****ing way.

Katfan
September 7th, 2017, 10:32 PM
Is PJ Hall playing?
No not till next game

Katfan
September 7th, 2017, 10:34 PM
Should but no, we suck. Last week we missed 2 xps and a field goal

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2017, 10:39 PM
Any team with good speed in their backfield and a good defense could give Sam troubles.

We've known this for years.

Katfan
September 7th, 2017, 10:39 PM

Oh well...

Don't wonder we don't. We'll be better with pj but when you watch the game you will see players not maintaining their
lanes and assignments which leads to big plays. Overplaying and not trusting your team mates to execute will kill us in the end.

Katfan
September 7th, 2017, 10:45 PM
We've known this for years.
Let's meet in playoffs no o vs no d

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2017, 10:48 PM
Let's meet in playoffs no o vs no d
Our defense would take Briscoe's purse and beat him to death with it then eat Keeler's lunch.

Katfan
September 7th, 2017, 10:56 PM
Our defense would take Briscoe's purse and beat him to death with it then eat Keeler's lunch.
Bull **** I watched your game last week you suck as bad as we do no chance for either of us this year. Take off your rose colored glasses

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2017, 11:05 PM
Bull **** I watched your game last week you suck as bad as we do no chance for either of us this year. Take off your rose colored glasses

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170908/b1753346eb9691a9e0fd98a499a802c0.jpg

Katfan
September 7th, 2017, 11:08 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170908/b1753346eb9691a9e0fd98a499a802c0.jpg
And ate it.. if your excited about a consolation game go for it but neither of our teams has a chance. So if you want to debate about who sucks less on o and d go for it I won't debate your puny ass!

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2017, 11:09 PM
And ate it.. if your excited about a consolation game go for it but neither of our teams has a chance. So if you want to debate about who sucks less on o and d go for it I won't debate your puny ass!
You Sammy guys get riled so easy. I need a real challenge. xcoffeex

Katfan
September 7th, 2017, 11:13 PM
You Sammy guys get riled so easy. I need a real challenge. xcoffeex
Good luck I'm not rile. I'm just disappointed that 2 games in neither of us has a realistic chance. I expected more. If your didn't enjoy your run through the ovc and I'll enjoy our run through the SLC, but I expect more.

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2017, 11:16 PM
Good luck I'm not rile. I'm just disappointed that 2 games in neither of us has a realistic chance. I expected more. If your didn't enjoy your run through the ovc and I'll enjoy our run through the SLC, but I expect more.

What are you talking about? A realistic chance of what? A championship? I think we have a decent shot if we stay healthy. If PJ Hall can help your defense finally get pressure and stiffen up the run game you guys have a decent shot to go back. Quit being such a downer.

Katfan
September 7th, 2017, 11:32 PM
What are you talking about? A realistic chance of what? A championship? I think we have a decent shot if we stay healthy. If PJ Hall can help your defense finally get pressure and stiffen up the run game you guys have a decent shot to go back. Quit being such a downer.
You're kidding right? I love PJ and I was bummed when he didn't play last game and this one but be real. Watch the game break down the film. I'm talking about lb and safety overrunning plays and not having any gap intregrity on defense. These are signs of very poor coaching and scheme design and while a player of PJ can make a bid difference, he can not overcome very poor position coaching. When ndsu loses the best lb in fcs last year you don't see their defense completely breakdown. On the other hand if you think your offense is capable of keeping up with the top 2 or 3 teams in fcs good luck, I don't but I'll root for you guys in the matchup. We haven't had a good d since 2011 and I'm sick and tired of thi lame **** we put on the field. As soon as our qb goes down we're done. Call me a downer but that's how I see it. I'd love to be wrong for both of us but I've seen this show too many times.

milleniumkat
September 7th, 2017, 11:38 PM
see y'all 9/23

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2017, 11:46 PM
You're kidding right? I love PJ and I was bummed when he didn't play last game and this one but be real. Watch the game break down the film. I'm talking about lb and safety overrunning plays and not having any gap intregrity on defense. These are signs of very poor coaching and scheme design and while a player of PJ can make a bid difference, he can not overcome very poor position coaching. When ndsu loses the best lb in fcs last year you don't see their defense completely breakdown. On the other hand if you think your offense is capable of keeping up with the top 2 or 3 teams in fcs good luck, I don't but I'll root for you guys in the matchup. We haven't had a good d since 2011 and I'm sick and tired of thi lame **** we put on the field. As soon as our qb goes down we're done. Call me a downer but that's how I see it. I'd love to be wrong for both of us but I've seen this show too many times.

You guys had good flashes against Richmond. I'll wait until we see more before I write anyone off this season.

I also never said my I think our offense is capable of keeping up with the top 2 or 3 teams. I think our defense could likely keep us in it with them, though. We have some things to improve but I'm not about to write off rhe season because our offense only put up 366 yards against UTC. xcoffeex

Katfan
September 8th, 2017, 12:01 AM
You guys had good flashes against Richmond. I'll wait until we see more before I write anyone off this season.

I also never said my I think our offense is capable of keeping up with the top 2 or 3 teams. I think our defense could likely keep us in it with them, though. We have some things to improve but I'm not about to write off rhe season because our offense only put up 366 yards against UTC. xcoffeex
I'll admit, I'm drunk and I'm pissed. So I'll give it another week or two, but the way I see it our teams are the only non MVFC or caa teams with a chance to win it all, but if we lose to Nichols I'm rooting for you guys because I do like your D

milleniumkat
September 8th, 2017, 12:15 AM
I like his D too

BNATION
September 8th, 2017, 06:17 AM
Such a nice D.... ;)

Sam's kicker is Ray Finkle?

I like his D too

The Pud
September 8th, 2017, 06:40 AM
Spiders should have scored 60 against this bunch. 8 trips into SHSU territory with no points. Nuts.

I know right? Sammy's defense is really good and shut down No. 7 Richmond big time! xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 8th, 2017, 06:45 AM
A good power running team will carve up that SHSU defense and keep that offense off the field......hopefully there is another NDSU/SHSU matchup this year.

The Pud
September 8th, 2017, 06:52 AM
A good power running team will carve up that SHSU defense and keep that offense off the field......hopefully there is another NDSU/SHSU matchup this year.

It would be a great opportunity for Sammy to play NDSU any day and any time.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 8th, 2017, 07:00 AM
It would be a great opportunity for Sammy to play NDSU any day and any time.

Hope so, I would love to see the Bison run the same G-gap power run right up the middle 8 times in a row again.....xlolx

BisonFan02
September 8th, 2017, 07:16 AM
Hope so, I would love to see the Bison run the same G-gap power run right up the middle 8 times in a row again.....xlolx

This. xlolx

BNATION
September 8th, 2017, 07:59 AM
As ****ty as our D is playing they only gave up 107 on the ground vs Richmond. Now that I've slept in still very disappointed in the win last night, but PV definitely played up at home first game playing the #3 team in the country. They also do have a good offense with a lot of talent. They will do well in their respective conference if they can keep the intensity up. Now on to Nicholls prep. Going be a long 15 days.

kalm
September 8th, 2017, 08:10 AM
As ****ty as our D is playing they only gave up 107 on the ground vs Richmond. Now that I've slept in still very disappointed in the win last night, but PV definitely played up at home first game playing the #3 team in the country. They also do have a good offense with a lot of talent. They will do well in their respective conference if they can keep the intensity up. Now on to Nicholls prep. Going be a long 15 days.

Those are some rose tinted glasses. lol. Only gave up 107 rushing to Richmond? Did they even have time to run the ball with all the passing going on?

I think you guys will be fine. Hall will be a huge boost and that offense is unreal.

BNATION
September 8th, 2017, 08:21 AM
Haha agreed.

I just want to couple tgis offense with our 2011 D.

Those are some rose tinted glasses. lol. Only gave up 107 rushing to Richmond? Did they even have time to run the ball with all the passing going on?

I think you guys will be fine. Hall will be a huge boost and that offense is unreal.

The Pud
September 8th, 2017, 09:03 AM

Yes, it would be fun to watch and see how our defense responds. I know Sammy's players are always willing to step up to play the best FCS competition to help improve. Just wished we played in a tougher conference to gain that experience before the playoffs

pvdogteam
September 8th, 2017, 09:15 AM
Congrats to Prairie View, they had every intention of winning this thing. Clean up your penalties and you could win the Celebration Bowl this year.

Thanks, Coach Shotgun will really get on them about our mental mistakes, we will see what happens

pvdogteam
September 8th, 2017, 09:21 AM

How much D will you really need with Briscoe on offense? that dude can really play

POD Knows
September 8th, 2017, 09:30 AM
I take back everything I said about PV, I watched part of the second half and it looks like the program has come along nicely.

Christ, if that guy doesn't fumble at the end, they get a quick score, who knows what could have happened.

pvdogteam
September 8th, 2017, 10:02 AM
I take back everything I said about PV, I watched part of the second half and it looks like the program has come along nicely.

Christ, if that guy doesn't fumble at the end, they get a quick score, who knows what could have happened.

dude, it was a crazy game. If we hadn't made so many first game mental mistakes, this would have been an even better game, we gave back 200 yards in penalties, ugh

Panther88
September 8th, 2017, 11:23 AM

It could've easily been as you predicted if PVAMU didn't come prepared to play, BNAT. Saw a lot of SHSU 2nd string guys rotating in and out as they were getting a lil' winded @ the first level.

Lets talk football; take the personal emotionalism out of it; take 0-80 scholarshipless 1990s PVAMU out of it; take year 4-prior PVAMU w/ horrible coaching staff out of it. This is NOT your father's PVAMU football team. We panthers KNEW who our starting QB would be. We also knew the capability of our 2017 team. Were others not aware? "#5" lol (McCullers) is a top-6 JUCO DUAL-threat QB nationally (then ranked by 247sports). I forgot all the offers he declined but he chose us and that's all that matters. It seemed as though a few were surprised @ his skills as it was some type of once in a lifetime anomaly. I don't think one gets a top-6 ranking unless one is that capable. Not noteworthy, I returned to those same nat'l rankings periodically earlier this year and after he signed w/ PVAMU, they dropped him to #8, then #11, and now #13 nationally xlolx . Obviously D-I fbs k5 love-drugs fuel their site and that was TOTAL disregard for PVAMU, D-I FCS, and the SWAC imho.

Also, this is only the 2nd game @ home we've lost in the last 3 consecutive years. Surely SHSU didn't think it would come into our home and we just... give a W w/out massively earning it. We have a bunch of true sophs and a smidget of true freshmen playing for us. Our goal is to be the "BEST D-I FCS" program in Texas. Last night's game was a probable preview of what could've been a first round D-I FCS playoff game & rematch in Huntsvegas between eventual SLC champion SHSU and not-getting-over-the-Grambling-hump PVAMU possible 2-loss invitee. Harvey ensured that wish is a wash since our LDC game vs TxSouthern was moved to Thanksgiving w/e, so, no playoff consideration for us unless the playoffs are pushed back a week.

There's a lot of background 'junk' going on here that some are unaware of. Is it perchance that we play Nichols next week and then immediately afterwards, SHSU has them? Was it perchance that our same A&M system sibling aTm-b/cs invited Nichols to be its whipping boy tomorrow? This sched was set in stone spr' 2016 and none of it was "perchance." Like it wasn't "perchance" that we sought another D-I FCS capable opponent in IUW giving us 3 D-I OOC games fall 2017 to pad our fcs playoff possibility by winning 2-of-3 OOC vs D-I FCS and possibly 6-of-7 IC D-I FCS games.

Panther88
September 8th, 2017, 11:55 AM

:) I tried to remain as quiet as possible about the capability of our team as others gave their 60+ point predictions, 78-3 predictions, "PV is garbage," etc. We have a good team. We simply need to clean up a lot of mistakes and going against a great team like Sam Houston, one cannot afford to make mistakes. 200 yards of penalties and 2 costly turnovers. How can a team overcome itself making mistake after mistake and thinking they would win against the #3 team in the country?

We were picked pre-season to finish #3 in our division and I along w/ many others were happy w/ that. It makes the ascension to #1 so much sweeter as we take down team after team after team. Last year, we were picked to be first and lost 2 IC games while going w/ a true freshman big QB (Morton).

The Pud
September 8th, 2017, 03:16 PM
Is PVAMU eligible to play in the FCS playoffs since you guys play in the SWAC? Reason I ask is that I believe the SWAC does not participate in FCS playoffs, at least that is my understanding.

Panther88
September 8th, 2017, 03:33 PM
Is PVAMU eligible to play in the FCS playoffs since you guys play in the SWAC? Reason I ask is that I believe the SWAC does not participate in FCS playoffs, at least that is my understanding.

The end of year conference championship game between division winners (first w/e Dec) is over as of Jan 2018. If we aren't a division winner, we could've been eligible. We went the way of a 7-game IC slate vs 9-game IC slate so there are a few teams who are eligible, like PVAMU, if we do not represent the conference in the pending Celebration Bowl game in the ATL. As it stands today, we cannot participate thanks to hurricane Harvey moving the traditional LDC w/ Texas Southern to Thanksgiving w/e.

The Pud
September 8th, 2017, 03:35 PM
The end of year conference championship game (first w/e Dec) is over as of Jan 2018. We went the way of a 7-game IC slate vs 9-game slate so there are a few teams who are eligible, like PVAMU, if we do not represent the conference in the pending Celebration Bowl game in the ATL. As it stands today, we cannot participate thanks to hurricane Harvey moving the traditional LDC w/ Texas Southern to Thanksgiving w/e.

Thanks for the clarification Panther88. Kinda sucks that Hurricane Harvey screwed things up for you guys, as I really believe you guys could compete well in the FCS playoffs after last nights performance. Maybe PVAMU will consider joining the SLC?

Panther88
September 8th, 2017, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the clarification Panther88. Kinda sucks that Hurricane Harvey screwed things up for you guys, as I really believe you guys could compete well in the FCS playoffs after last nights performance. Maybe PVAMU will consider joining the SLC?

Pod, PVAMU doesn't have "SLC athletic budget" to be competitive across the board in all sports. Regionally (travel distance) and financially (cost savings), PVAMU would be a good fit for the current SLC. The 3 OOC games vs D-I FCSers and FCS tourney eligible participants SHSU, Nichols, and IUW were very strategically planned for in case we didn't get over the Grambling St hurdle (again smh).