PDA

View Full Version : SHSU @ Prairie View A&M, 9/7, 6pm on ESPNU

Pages : 1 [2]

pvdogteam
September 8th, 2017, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the clarification Panther88. Kinda sucks that Hurricane Harvey screwed things up for you guys, as I really believe you guys could compete well in the FCS playoffs after last nights performance. Maybe PVAMU will consider joining the SLC?

uh oh Pod, you about to get ole Panthro started LOL

milleniumkat
September 9th, 2017, 08:13 AM
Those are some rose tinted glasses. lol. Only gave up 107 rushing to Richmond? Did they even have time to run the ball with all the passing going on?

I think you guys will be fine. Hall will be a huge boost and that offense is unreal.

Well when you get behind by 28 i the second quarter, the running game plans kinda get thrown out the window no?

milleniumkat
September 9th, 2017, 08:16 AM
I take back everything I said about PV, I watched part of the second half and it looks like the program has come along nicely.

Christ, if that guy doesn't fumble at the end, they get a quick score, who knows what could have happened.

Exactly. That was the best SWAC team i've seen in a long time. But i will say, most of their magic was in the QB run game. They are not much of a threat to throw.

fmrbearkat
September 9th, 2017, 05:05 PM
Hope so, I would love to see the Bison run the same G-gap power run right up the middle 8 times in a row again.....xlolx

you might want to wait and see how our Defense plays a few more games before you say that. 2/4 starting DL were out entire game including PJ and a 3rd (our second best #49) didn't play second half. Safety that was defensive player of the week last week was out too. All should be back ready to go.

Now granted im not really gonna try to defend that defense right now other than to say I was on the sidelines and they were gassed. Bad in the 2nd half. PJ and Roberson will side by side will free up the the LBs to make plays. That said the LBs need to start making better reads and do it quicker. DB's were better but still ways to go.

Been on sidelines both games and know we have the best athletes we have ever had on defense and I THINK they are close to being the best Defense we've had since 2011 but they may prove me an optimistic homer.

Whatever the case maybe that was an embarrassing game much more so than even the JMU or JSU game IMO.

fmrbearkat
September 9th, 2017, 05:31 PM
:) I tried to remain as quiet as possible about the capability of our team as others gave their 60+ point predictions, 78-3 predictions, "PV is garbage," etc. We have a good team. We simply need to clean up a lot of mistakes and going against a great team like Sam Houston, one cannot afford to make mistakes. 200 yards of penalties and 2 costly turnovers. How can a team overcome itself making mistake after mistake and thinking they would win against the #3 team in the country?

We were picked pre-season to finish #3 in our division and I along w/ many others were happy w/ that. It makes the ascension to #1 so much sweeter as we take down team after team after team. Last year, we were picked to be first and lost 2 IC games while going w/ a true freshman big QB (Morton).

First to the earlier point about the QB....I as I'm sure most bearkat fans didn't know about him because with the hurricane football has been the last thing on my mind for the last few weeks.

2nd...you didn't hear too many Bearkat fans trashing PV. It was most of the same crowd that bashes SHSU for the two bad playoff losses we've had without our starting QB healthy and gloss over all the other wins.

Panther88
September 10th, 2017, 12:32 AM
No sir, former kat. We saw/read where far too many katfans were stating otherwise. The thing that confused me was no one researched our roster or the level of competiveness we've had over the last 3 years/returnees. Earlier, I alluded to a factoid where we lost only 1 game at home in the last 3 years. Horrible teams don't have a positive stat like that one. We recruit in the same footprint so it stands to reason similar-like talent will be fronted by both. A shiny example is your Mr J-Webb @ RB. Did you know 1 year prior to him arriving at SHSU that he walked PV's campus seeking to transfer before Herman's last yr w/ uofh? We couldn't match major/hours to get him in. Ask him to detail who he considered.

Even now, some katfans are STILL not recognizing the talent that we have at PV while thinking we are a cupcake program lol so how in sans hell were we not blown out by the mighty #3 Sam Houston. We are NOT Alabama State, Alcorn State, Mississippi Valley State, and we are NOT Texas Southern, all who SHSU blew out. PV is 1-1 w/ Sam and we seriously look forward to the 2018 contest in huntsvegas. As it stands now, Nicholls will find out about our purple/gold power :D . Hopefully SFA & Lamar can return to our sched fall 2018 :D .

Katfan
September 10th, 2017, 12:44 AM
No sir, former kat. We saw/read where far too many katfans were stating otherwise. The thing that confused me was no one researched our roster or the level of competiveness we've had over the last 3 years/returnees. Earlier, I alluded to a factoid where we lost only 1 game at home in the last 3 years. Horrible teams don't have a positive stat like that one. We recruit in the same footprint so it stands to reason similar-like talent will be fronted by both. A shiny example is your Mr J-Webb @ RB. Did you know 1 year prior to him arriving at SHSU that he walked PV's campus seeking to transfer before Herman's last yr w/ uofh? We couldn't match major/hours to get him in. Ask him to detail who he considered.

Even now, some katfans are STILL not recognizing the talent that we have at PV while thinking we are a cupcake program lol so how in sans hell were we not blown out by the mighty #3 Sam Houston. We are NOT Alabama State, Alcorn State, Mississippi Valley State, and we are NOT Texas Southern, all who SHSU blew out. PV is 1-1 w/ Sam and we seriously look forward to the 2018 contest in huntsvegas. As it stands now, Nicholls will find out about our purple/gold power :D . Hopefully SFA & Lamar can return to our sched fall 2018 :D .
PV should win th swac and you did better than I thought and have Hugh respect. Good luck the rest of the way!

Panther88
September 10th, 2017, 12:59 AM
If we didn't win the SWAC, we were positioning our IC/OOC resume' for playoff consideration. The PV-SHSU game could've been an appetizer to post-season potential first round regional FCS playoff game later on.

And Harvey sealed PV's fate so... nothing but a dream unless the playoffs start a week later.

Katfan
September 10th, 2017, 01:30 AM
If we didn't win the SWAC, we were positioning our IC/OOC resume' for playoff consideration. The PV-SHSU game could've been an appetizer to post-season potential first round regional FCS playoff game later on.

And Harvey sealed PV's fate so... nothing but a dream unless the playoffs start a week later.
Is it possible to cancel the rematch to take a bid and play in the playoffs. Given the limited amount of quality ooc fcs teams for us to pick from, it is both our best interest to play in the playoff and succeed

Schism55
September 10th, 2017, 01:42 AM
Is it possible to cancel the rematch to take a bid and play in the playoffs. Given the limited amount of quality ooc fcs teams for us to pick from, it is both our best interest to play in the playoff and succeed
Their school and conference has already made their non playoff bed. Now go ****ing lie in it.

milleniumkat
September 10th, 2017, 06:34 AM

Don't say no one researched, because Old MK did. That's why i picked s tight game.

Panther88
September 10th, 2017, 10:59 AM
Don't say no one researched, because Old MK did. That's why i picked s tight game.

You and 2 others gave very objective opinions. The others gave unfounded opinions based on their emotionalism & historical thoughts of 0-80 0-athletic scholarships PVAMU w/out researching our roster. .

We panthers knew about Mr Briscoe and his offensive talent and we also knew about "that #5" lol and his capabilities. Mr McCullers should get SWAC Newcomer of the week for his performance. We made it out of the game with 0 injuries. #5 was pulled due to cramps & also a desire for the backup (NHollins) to see action, as promised.

Panther88
September 10th, 2017, 11:11 AM
Their school and conference has already made their non playoff bed. Now go ****ing lie in it.

Not true. Last falls 7-4 PVAMU could have received an invite - all D-1 victories and 2 fbs losses including then #3 ranked aTm and Rice univ & 2 IC losses.

The year prior, we were 10-1, no invite from the playoff committee. Grambling won our division and also of note, we've beaten the SWAC East division winner/rep the last 2 consecutive years.

PV's last 2 years resume' should have qualified it instead of 5-6/6-5 participant billyhank university. But, we understand the huge bias embedded w/in the selection committee hence our last 17 years of supporting a SCG. Hence the lure of a bowl game for our conference champion.

cx500d
September 10th, 2017, 11:17 AM
Not true. Last falls 7-4 PVAMU could have received an invite - all D-1 victories and 2 fbs losses including then #3 ranked aTm and Rice univ & 2 IC losses.

The year prior, we were 10-1, no invite from the playoff committee. Grambling won our division and also of note, we've beaten the SWAC East division winner/rep the last 2 consecutive years.

PV's last 2 years resume' should have qualified it instead of 5-6/6-5 participant billyhank university. But, we understand the huge bias embedded w/in the selection committee hence our last 17 years of supporting a SCG. Hence the lure of a bowl game for our conference champion.

You are padding your resume a little bit don't you think? PVAM was in no way, except your dreams, 10-1.

citdog
September 10th, 2017, 11:36 AM
I like Willie Simmons. It seems like he is preparing his team the way he prepared himself as a player. He is a class act.

Panther88
September 10th, 2017, 11:49 AM
You are padding your resume a little bit don't you think? PVAM was in no way, except your dreams, 10-1.
Fall 2015, PV's record was 1-50. You are forever correct, as usual. Research it yourself. Geez google.

9-2. Forgot about txst loss.

cx500d
September 10th, 2017, 12:08 PM
Fall 2015, PV's record was 1-50. You are forever correct, as usual. Research it yourself. Geez google.

Still padding.....

ASU33
September 10th, 2017, 12:48 PM

PV was 8-2 officially in 2015. The University of Faith win didn't count in the official standings due to them not being a sanctioned opponent. Replace U of Faith with a win over McNeese or someone like that they would've gotten in.

Panther88
September 10th, 2017, 01:10 PM
PV was 8-2 officially in 2015. The University of Faith win didn't count in the official standings due to them not being a sanctioned opponent. Replace U of Faith with a win over McNeese or someone like that they would've gotten in.

The ncaa lifted that following 2015. Go figure.

cx500d
September 10th, 2017, 02:36 PM

Yes, the NCAA also didn't count our game against NDSU old timers, so I'm not counting PVAM scrimmage against a non-school.

ASU33
September 10th, 2017, 03:02 PM
The ncaa lifted that following 2015. Go figure.

That was never lifted and still in place. Grambling played UV-Lynchburg a year ago and it didn't count. Tennessee State and Mississippi Valley State have em this year and neither game will count.

cx500d
September 10th, 2017, 03:05 PM
That was never lifted and still in place. Grambling played UV-Lynchburg a year ago and it didn't count. Tennessee State and Mississippi Valley State have em this year and neither game will count.

P88 is delusional...Playing University of Little Sisters of the Poor, Northeastern Louisiana School for the Blind, or Joel Osteen Bible College is a scrimmage, not a game.

pvdogteam
September 10th, 2017, 04:21 PM

yep that is right, ugh

pvdogteam
September 10th, 2017, 04:25 PM
P88 is delusional...Playing University of Little Sisters of the Poor, Northeastern Louisiana School for the Blind, or Joel Osteen Bible College is a scrimmage, not a game.

yep those kill you when you try to make a case for post season play, we will see how this year plays out

Panther88
September 10th, 2017, 11:07 PM

I'll find the verbiage later A33.

I found the old threads on another site where arguments were occurring along w/ the official release from the ncaa. The faith'ers were not to be counted in official ncaa stats, along w/ the VU-Ls et al. Our sched was set in stone so there was no backing out. We played 11 games, not 10, fall 2015. I know why I thought the original crackdown was rescinded and it was all homerism because again, we played 11 games, not 10.

The Pud
September 11th, 2017, 11:04 PM
Yes, the NCAA also didn't count our game against NDSU old timers, so I'm not counting PVAM scrimmage against a non-school.

PVAMU is a much improved team in 2017. I, for one, am willing to see how their season plays out and then make my conclusion.