PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 1 2017

superman7515
September 2nd, 2017, 11:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3xcybdis1k

Woooooooooo!

Welcome back to another season of FCS football and, as always, thank you all for making "How They Fared" the number 1 tool on AGS for filling out your brackets each week, and for your help in keeping it accurate and useful! There's still a few games going on out west, but I've got about a six hour drive to make tonight that I really can't postpone any longer, so I'll update them Sunday since there are games being played on Sunday as well this week. Remember that as long as you see *** next to Sagarin/Massey, they haven't been updated and are showing the rankings for before this week's games were played. They usually won't update them until all the games are done, to be honest I don't remember them ever updating before all the games were played, so I don't expect to see it updated until Sunday evening. If you notice any errors, please send me a PM so that I don't miss your comment somewhere in the thread.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Br7QvufG2ode_rlGc6BSzzaQdWJND9hetsaHsaZNH7g/edit?usp=sharing

JSUSoutherner
September 2nd, 2017, 11:06 PM
Thank you so much for this!

bonarae
September 2nd, 2017, 11:09 PM
You came back in time for the season... great work as always! xthumbsupx

POD Knows
September 3rd, 2017, 08:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3xcybdis1k

Woooooooooo!

Welcome back to another season of FCS football and, as always, thank you all for making "How They Fared" the number 1 tool on AGS for filling out your brackets each week, and for your help in keeping it accurate and useful! There's still a few games going on out west, but I've got about a six hour drive to make tonight that I really can't postpone any longer, so I'll update them Sunday since there are games being played on Sunday as well this week. Remember that as long as you see *** next to Sagarin/Massey, they haven't been updated and are showing the rankings for before this week's games were played. They usually won't update them until all the games are done, to be honest I don't remember them ever updating before all the games were played, so I don't expect to see it updated until Sunday evening. If you notice any errors, please send me a PM so that I don't miss your comment somewhere in the thread.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Br7QvufG2ode_rlGc6BSzzaQdWJND9hetsaHsaZNH7g/edit?usp=sharing
Hey Supe, thanks for doing this but I have a question. I don't recall this speadsheet being locked down like this last year, I seem recall being able to download the spreadsheet and manipulate it. Am I missing something here?

dewey
September 3rd, 2017, 09:20 AM
Hey Supe, thanks for doing this but I have a question. I don't recall this speadsheet being locked down like this last year, I seem recall being able to download the spreadsheet and manipulate it. Am I missing something here?

I am having the same problem as well. Maybe it is just my phone. I will try later on my laptop and see how it goes.

Dewey

superman7515
September 3rd, 2017, 11:42 AM

Sorry, I probably clicked something in the security settings that I didn't mean to. I always have to change them so I can share but not everyone can edit. I'll try to fix it, but I'm on my phone in the middle of nowhere and won't be back home for a few days, so mea culpa if I can't fix it from here and I'll make sure it doesn't happen next week.

The Pud
September 3rd, 2017, 11:46 AM
good stuff here. thanks for taking time to put this together.

Cheers!

polsongrizz
September 3rd, 2017, 11:56 AM
For some reason I had always thought that IAA never played NAIA teams.xchinscratchx

Schism55
September 3rd, 2017, 12:42 PM
For some reason I had always thought that IAA never played NAIA teams.xchinscratchx
Sometimes you need the creamiest of cream puffs.

JSUSoutherner
September 3rd, 2017, 01:04 PM
Sometimes you need the creamiest of cream puffs.
Well NDSU sure showed that yesterday.

Schism55
September 3rd, 2017, 02:07 PM
Well NDSU sure showed that yesterday.
Hah, you are kind of right. At least we played an fcs team, albeit possibly the worst fcs team.

JSUSoutherner
September 3rd, 2017, 02:11 PM
Hah, you are kind of right. At least we played an fcs team, albeit possibly the worst fcs team.
Not sure there's any possibly about it.

Schism55
September 3rd, 2017, 02:23 PM
Not sure there's any possibly about it.
I was trying to be nice xthumbsupx

JSUSoutherner
September 3rd, 2017, 02:43 PM
I was trying to be nice xthumbsupx
Me too.

POD Knows
September 3rd, 2017, 04:33 PM
Well NDSU sure showed that yesterday.We had a cream puff a couple years back in the Natty as well.

JSUSoutherner
September 3rd, 2017, 04:38 PM
We had a cream puff a couple years back in the Natty as well.
Yeah I remember you had them back to back years.

The Pud
September 3rd, 2017, 04:56 PM
Yeah I remember you had them back to back years.

At least they made it twice, and JSU??? Hahahahaha

JSUSoutherner
September 3rd, 2017, 05:09 PM
At least they made it twice, and JSU??? Hahahahaha
xrolleyesx

POD Knows
September 3rd, 2017, 05:28 PM
Yeah I remember you had them back to back years.Sammy showed up to the play the first game, what happened to you guys.

JSUSoutherner
September 3rd, 2017, 05:30 PM
Sammy showed up to the play the first game, what happened to you guys.

We got our fannies whipped. But the difference is you don't see me talking like we're the hottest **** on the block anymore. One blowout was enough to show me what that can get you.

POD Knows
September 3rd, 2017, 05:31 PM
We got our fannies whipped. But the difference is you don't see me talking like we're the hottest **** on the block anymore. One blowout was enough to show me what that can get you.I agree, just trash talking on a slow Sunday. Too windy to golf today.

JSUSoutherner
September 3rd, 2017, 05:32 PM
I agree, just trash talking on a slow Sunday. Too windy to golf today.
Have you tried Wii Golf? :D

POD Knows
September 3rd, 2017, 05:34 PM
Have you tried Wii Golf? :D:DActually yea, but I am more of a Nintendo golf guy, I always used Super Mex, I was money at that game.

JSUSoutherner
September 3rd, 2017, 05:38 PM
:DActually yea, but I am more of a Nintendo golf guy, I also used Super Mex, I was money at that game.

NEEEERRRRRRRDDDDD :D

TheKingpin28
September 3rd, 2017, 07:23 PM
:DActually yea, but I am more of a Nintendo golf guy, I always used Super Mex, I was money at that game.

Total millennial move.

The Pud
September 3rd, 2017, 07:28 PM
We got our fannies whipped. But the difference is you don't see me talking like we're the hottest **** on the block anymore. One blowout was enough to show me what that can get you.

cuz you have no confidence in your team........us Sammy fans are always confident of our team!

JSUSoutherner
September 3rd, 2017, 08:05 PM
cuz you have no confidence in your team........us Sammy fans are always confident of our team!
I'm perfectly confident in our team. But I'm not going to talk crap about a team that took our lunch money until we back it up.

I think your confusing confidence with delusional arrogance.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 3rd, 2017, 08:43 PM
Some of you guys really need to figure out how to make a quick hitter and GTFO and not derail a thread we otherwise might find useful if not filled with BS.

Just sayin' you could probably be a little smarter about it and get away with it like a lineman that takes a shot and then puts his hands at his side and goes back to the huddle.

But maybe supe doesn't mind it since it keeps it up near the top. Don't know, just know at some point it starts to get a bit stale when it has nearly nothing to do with the topic. I could be wrong though.xcoolx

ElCid
September 3rd, 2017, 09:44 PM
Some of you guys really need to figure out how to make a quick hitter and GTFO and not derail a thread we otherwise might find useful if not filled with BS.

Just sayin' you could probably be a little smarter about it and get away with it like a lineman that takes a shot and then puts his hands at his side and goes back to the huddle.

But maybe supe doesn't mind it since it keeps it up near the top. Don't know, just know at some point it starts to get a bit stale when it has nearly nothing to do with the topic. I could be wrong though.xcoolx

Children! What can you do with them!xrolleyesx

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 3rd, 2017, 09:57 PM
Just submitted mine. Very little movement from my preseason poll.

RootinFerDukes
September 3rd, 2017, 10:45 PM

With almost everyone playing FBS or D2 in week 1, it's always the poll with the least movement. Nothing notable happens this week in either direction.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 3rd, 2017, 10:51 PM
With almost everyone playing FBS or D2 in week 1, it's always the poll with the least movement. Nothing notable happens this week in either direction.

I didn't penalize (didn't drop any team more than 1 spot) YSU, UCA, Richmond, North Dakota, Lehigh, Chattanooga and UNI for losses. I don't think any of those teams did anything "wrong" in their losses based on where I had them ranked to start the year.

The only teams that disappointed me were Fordham and EWU. I know FBS>FCS but those were ugly performances against good but not great big boy teams....

JSUSoutherner
September 3rd, 2017, 11:00 PM
I didn't penalize (didn't drop any team more than 1 spot) YSU, UCA, Richmond, North Dakota, Lehigh, Chattanooga and UNI for losses. I don't think any of those teams did anything "wrong" in their losses based on where I had them ranked to start the year.

The only teams that disappointed me were Fordham and EWU. I know FBS>FCS but those were ugly performances against good but not great big boy teams....

I may have had a team on my ballot jump 15 spots.... xwhistlex

ngineer
September 3rd, 2017, 11:24 PM
Many thanks for doing this Supe. I could not survive doing the poll without it.xdrunkyxxbeerchugx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 4th, 2017, 01:22 AM
Many thanks for doing this Supe. I could not survive doing the poll without it.xdrunkyxxbeerchugx

This poll has been made better because of supey. I would be willing to bet that others are made better due to his effort as well. superman is one useful sumbitch.xthumbsupx

Catatonic
September 4th, 2017, 06:31 AM
I may have had a team on my ballot jump 15 spots.... xwhistlex

A certain HBCU made an appearance on my ballot. Also, I dinged a couple if teams that didn't beat the betting line against FBS schools.

i kept hearing about how over rated acertain Southland Conference team was, so the team that list to them must have really been overrated. Right?

Mostly pre season and weeks when most schools are playing up or down a level makes it tough.

caribbeanhen
September 4th, 2017, 08:02 AM

where did you have Richmond in the pre-season?

KPSUL
September 4th, 2017, 08:03 AM

I've got no where to move your team, but a couple other's I've moved 3 or more positions and several teams migrated on or off the top 25.

I had Richmond a little lower than the AGS poll, and had picked SHSU to win, so I didn't really need to move UofR.

TheKingpin28
September 4th, 2017, 08:23 AM
As usual, thanks Supe. This is one of the most important things that makes our poll, the best poll in all of FCS.

WestCoastAggie
September 4th, 2017, 10:21 AM
Have you tried Wii Golf? :D

Wii Golf is the ish. It will have you thinking your Arnold Palmer or Tiger Woods in your home.

DirtyDukes
September 4th, 2017, 10:25 AM
Supe what a great tool to have when making this weeks poll. I appreciate it, sir!

ursus arctos horribilis
September 4th, 2017, 10:31 AM
1/2 hr. to go before poll shuts down so get the vote in if you haven't.

WestCoastAggie
September 4th, 2017, 10:33 AM
As the resident HBCU-guy, how are you voters looking at A&T, Howard and Tenn. State?

While the consensus that between the 3, Howard had the biggest win, but which team was most dominant?

Grambling also looked disappointing against Tulane. Now, Tulane should make an appearance in a Bowl Game this season, but the lost of talent around Kincade showed.

Here are the top 3 HBCU's and their "suggested rankings." They aren't in any specific order.

A&T - Ranked somewhere from 15 - 25 (Their offense is completely dominant against Gardner-Webb and has a really deep WR Corp. The Aggie Defense held GWebb to just 114 yards, and they never crossed the 50 until the 4th quarter.)
Howard - Ranked between 20 - 25 (Caylin Newton is a difference maker, earning 330 Yards rushing and passing, scoring 3 touchdowns.)
Tenn. State - Ranked between 15 - 25 (Treon Harris and the Tigers Rushing Attack is powerful, and their defense held Georgia State to under 300 yards of total offense.)

JSUSoutherner
September 4th, 2017, 11:01 AM
1/2 hr. to go before poll shuts down so get the vote in if you haven't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMyCa35_mOg&app=desktop

kalm
September 4th, 2017, 11:40 AM

Interesting. I have far more volatility early. The greater the body of work the better the placement and less surprises.

RootinFerDukes
September 4th, 2017, 11:50 AM
Interesting. I have far more volatility early. The greater the body of work the better the placement and less surprises.

I just feel that FBS losses and D2/low end fcs wins don't tell me much other than "they did what they were supposed to do".

dewey
September 4th, 2017, 11:54 AM
I just feel that FBS losses and D2/low end fcs wins don't tell me much other than "they did what they were supposed to do".

Agreed kind of. Bad losses to bad FBS teams tell me something (Looking at you EWU). Now if your teams goes to a FBS and beats them like a government mule that also says something to me (Yo JMU).

Dewey

superman7515
September 4th, 2017, 01:35 PM
Sorry for the delays, I was away for the long weekend and since there are still FBS games tonight, Sagarin still hasn't updated anything. I did fix the issue with downloading the spreadsheet, I'll be more careful next time, so it shouldn't be an issue.

superman7515
September 4th, 2017, 01:36 PM
As the resident HBCU-guy, how are you voters looking at A&T, Howard and Tenn. State?

While the consensus that between the 3, Howard had the biggest win, but which team was most dominant?

Grambling also looked disappointing against Tulane. Now, Tulane should make an appearance in a Bowl Game this season, but the lost of talent around Kincade showed.

Here are the top 3 HBCU's and their "suggested rankings." They aren't in any specific order.

A&T - Ranked somewhere from 15 - 25 (Their offense is completely dominant against Gardner-Webb and has a really deep WR Corp. The Aggie Defense held GWebb to just 114 yards, and they never crossed the 50 until the 4th quarter.)
Howard - Ranked between 20 - 25 (Caylin Newton is a difference maker, earning 330 Yards rushing and passing, scoring 3 touchdowns.)
Tenn. State - Ranked between 15 - 25 (Treon Harris and the Tigers Rushing Attack is powerful, and their defense held Georgia State to under 300 yards of total offense.)

The computers have A&T at 38, Tennessee St at 44, and Howard at 89. For what it's worth, they have UNLV rated lower than most D2 schools.