PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Picks Week 1

wapiti
August 30th, 2017, 10:04 AM
This week in the Big Sky there is only one FCS vs FCS matchup. Three teams are playing down a division and the rest are playing an FBS opponent.
So as expected I predict the FBS squads to win with EWU and NAU having the best chance to pull off an upset. But even those games will be tough for the Big Sky team to win.
I did pick one Div 2 team to pull off the upset.

Thursday 8/31:
North Dakota 16 @ 42 Utah
Western Oregon 24 @ 21 Idaho State
Sacramento State 17 @ 32 Idaho

Saturday 9/2:
Portland State 19 @ 28 Oregon State
Valparaiso 13 @ 38 Montana
Eastern Washington 30 @ 42 Texas Tech
College of Idaho 6 @ 27 Northern Colorado
Cal Poly 13 @ 55 San Jose State
Montana-Western 17 @ 38 Weber State
Southern Utah 10 @ 48 Oregon
UC Davis 14 @ 50 San Diego State
Montana State 20 @ 48 Washington State
Northern Arizona 24 @ 38 Arizona

nevadagriz
August 30th, 2017, 12:06 PM
I want to say that the PSU/OSU game is going to be close however my gut says the Beavs come out angry and blow out the vikings. Neither team is as good or as bad as they looked in week zero.
Poly has a real chance to get a W. Cal Poly will get it going much better this week and SJSU had a great start last week before getting blown out they can't be feeling great. How similar is AF TO to Mustangs TO??

Nodak78
August 30th, 2017, 03:09 PM
I agree with your picks wapiti except I need to pick the big upset UND vs Utah. Picking with the heart.

Also I think Idaho St will win.

PSU will give the Beavers all they can handle but Beavers pull it out.

Utgrizfan
August 30th, 2017, 03:41 PM
I've got:

-Utah (going to be at this game)
-ISU
-Idaho
-OSU
-Montana
-Texas Tech
-UNC
-SJSU
-Weber State
-Oregon
-SDSU
-Washington State
-Arizona

bonarae
August 30th, 2017, 06:53 PM
Utah
Idaho State
Idaho
Oregon State
Montana
Eastern Washington
Northern Colorado
San Jose State
Weber State
Oregon
San Diego State
Washington State
Arizona

JALMOND
August 30th, 2017, 09:42 PM
1-1 after last week. More games on tap this week.

EWU at Texas Tech---Eagles tired of taking on the Pac-12 move in to the Big 12. A little bit more muscle there...Texas Tech 35, EWU 20.
Western Oregon at ISU---Really, Bengals may not be as bad as people think but we probably won't know until conference play...ISU 17, Western Oregon 7.
CP at San Jose State---Are the Mustangs not as good as people think or was last week just an abomination? Not good enough here...San Jose State 26, CP 7.
Valparaiso at Montana---Grizzlies will be hoping for the opportunity to rest some starters in this game...UM 38, Valparaiso 7.
MSU at Washington State---Portland State, Eastern Washington. Can the Bobcats continue the trend or has Wazzu finally figured out how to beat the Big Sky?...Washington State 31, MSU 20.
UND at Utah---Hawks shedding the bullseye off their backs with a trip to one of the Pac-12 elite teams...Utah 38, UND 14.
NAU at Arizona---Lumberjacks have the tools to put a scare in to the Pac-12's bottom feeder. A good scare...NAU 35, Arizona 30.
College of Idaho at UNC---Idaho, Idaho State, Boise? No, none of those teams. The Bears must have got confused...UNC 40, College of Idaho 10.
PSU at Oregon State---Last week's performances by both teams have the Vikings thinking they can keep it close, but no cigar...Oregon State 28, PSU 14.
Sac State at Idaho---Note to the Bears, the Hornets know which Idaho team to play. Unfortunately, which Idaho team to lose to...Idaho 38, Sac St 10.
SUU at Oregon---Thunderbirds coming in to face the Ducks. No one is giving them much of a chance and they like it like that...Oregon 28, SUU 14.
UCD at San Diego State---Hawkins debut as coach of the Aggies has them on the road at one of the Mountain West's best...San Diego State 35, UCD 7
Montana-Western at WSU---Wildcats magical season starts off with a visit from the NAIA. Should be an easy win...WSU 31, Montana-Western 7.

mvemjsunpx
August 31st, 2017, 01:58 PM
Thursday

Sac State 30-52 Idaho — A lot of Big Sky teams could/would beat Idaho… Sac isn't one of them

WOU 21-41 Idaho St. — Wolves spend the whole game thinking how much nicer their home is than Pocatello

NoDak 17-34 Utah — Could this be UND's final loss of the season?

Saturday

EWU 42-55 Texas Tech — The Red Raiders make EWU seem like a defense-first team

Portland St. 21-38 Oregon St. — I seriously have no idea how good PSU is right now

Cal Poly 21-42 San Jose St. — The lack of QB experience may hurt the 'Stangs more than most of us were thinking

Davis 9-48 San Diego St. — Aggie fans won't be allowed to forget the Ron Gould era yet

Suutah 24-48 Oregon — Oregon looks more vulnerable than they have in a while, but they won't lose this one

MT Western 13-48 Weber — The last time Weber played a non-DI, they won the conference

NAU 34-42 Arizona — The Wildcat pass defense should've improved just enough to hold off Cookus

Valpo 14-59 Montana — The Big Sky's only FCS-FCS game this week is arguably its biggest mismatch

Montana St. 13-42 Wazzu — The Cougs couldn't tank three straight Big Sky games, could they?

CoI 10-49 NoCo — NCAA.com didn't even bother to put this one on their scoreboard

F'N Hawks
August 31st, 2017, 03:29 PM
Thursday

NoDak 17-34 Utah — Could this be UND's final loss of the season?

I like UND alot but this is getting out of control. They are still a couple more solid classes away from getting to the Top 5-7 range.

Wait....are you trolling us? :D

mvemjsunpx
August 31st, 2017, 05:35 PM
I like UND alot but this is getting out of control. They are still a couple more solid classes away from getting to the Top 5-7 range.

Wait....are you trolling us? :D

I had UND #2 on my preseason ballot. That was without knowing about the Deion Harris injury, but still…

They should be the favorite in every remaining regular-season game aside from maybe @ Montana.

POD Knows
September 1st, 2017, 04:01 PM
The BSC is going to be 7 and 20 after week two.

The Pud
September 1st, 2017, 04:57 PM
The BSC is going to be 7 and 20 after week two.

+9

JALMOND
September 3rd, 2017, 02:52 PM
1-1 after last week. More games on tap this week.

EWU at Texas Tech---Eagles tired of taking on the Pac-12 move in to the Big 12. A little bit more muscle there...Texas Tech 35, EWU 20.
Western Oregon at ISU---Really, Bengals may not be as bad as people think but we probably won't know until conference play...ISU 17, Western Oregon 7.
CP at San Jose State---Are the Mustangs not as good as people think or was last week just an abomination? Not good enough here...San Jose State 26, CP 7.
Valparaiso at Montana---Grizzlies will be hoping for the opportunity to rest some starters in this game...UM 38, Valparaiso 7.
MSU at Washington State---Portland State, Eastern Washington. Can the Bobcats continue the trend or has Wazzu finally figured out how to beat the Big Sky?...Washington State 31, MSU 20.
UND at Utah---Hawks shedding the bullseye off their backs with a trip to one of the Pac-12 elite teams...Utah 38, UND 14.
NAU at Arizona---Lumberjacks have the tools to put a scare in to the Pac-12's bottom feeder. A good scare...NAU 35, Arizona 30.
College of Idaho at UNC---Idaho, Idaho State, Boise? No, none of those teams. The Bears must have got confused...UNC 40, College of Idaho 10.
PSU at Oregon State---Last week's performances by both teams have the Vikings thinking they can keep it close, but no cigar...Oregon State 28, PSU 14.
Sac State at Idaho---Note to the Bears, the Hornets know which Idaho team to play. Unfortunately, which Idaho team to lose to...Idaho 38, Sac St 10.
SUU at Oregon---Thunderbirds coming in to face the Ducks. No one is giving them much of a chance and they like it like that...Oregon 28, SUU 14.
UCD at San Diego State---Hawkins debut as coach of the Aggies has them on the road at one of the Mountain West's best...San Diego State 35, UCD 7
Montana-Western at WSU---Wildcats magical season starts off with a visit from the NAIA. Should be an easy win...WSU 31, Montana-Western 7.

Thanks to NAU not coming through, 12-1 for the week, puts me at 13-2 so far. Big Sky down, easier to pick against the conference.