PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Fantasy Football Thread

JSUSoutherner
August 21st, 2017, 11:04 AM
Finally drafted the squad last night and ended up with a really solid roster.

Went 12-1 (led the league in points by over 200 on the season) last year before getting screwed in the semifinals. Looking to win it all next year.

10-man PPR league.

QB- Russel Wilson (SEA)
RB1- Devonta Freeman (ATL)
RB2- Todd Gurley (LAR)
WR1- TY Hilton (IND)
WR2- Alshon Jeffery (PHI)
TE1- Travis Kelce (KC)
Flex- RB Legarrette Blount (PHI)
D/ST- NY Giants
K- Cairo Santos (KC)

BE- Adrian Peterson (NO)
BE- Eric Decker (TEN)
BE- Doug Martin (TB)
BE- Carson Wentz (PHI)
BE- Cameron Brate (TB)
BE- Robert Kelly (WSH)
BE- Tyrell Williams (LAC)

Who did you guys pick up this year?

caribbeanhen
August 21st, 2017, 04:27 PM
maybe I should post your post on the nobody cares thread...

BisonTru
August 21st, 2017, 05:24 PM
I haven't done any yet. 5 to go.

BisonTru
September 7th, 2017, 10:13 PM
I got Tyreek Hill in 4 of 6 leagues this year. That isn't looking too bad.

grizband
September 8th, 2017, 01:01 AM
Really missed out on Kareem Hunt...buddy who I drafted for is happy about that pickup though! xthumbsupx

JSUSoutherner
September 8th, 2017, 09:06 AM
Really missed out on Kareem Hunt...buddy who I drafted for is happy about that pickup though! xthumbsupx
No kidding! I'm just glad I didn't have to play against him. He put up like 46 points last night. I'm playing against Tom Brady this week though so I'm glad the KC D could keep him bottled up. All in all not a bad night last night.

grizband
September 8th, 2017, 09:24 AM
No kidding! I'm just glad I didn't have to play against him. He put up like 46 points last night. I'm playing against Tom Brady this week though so I'm glad the KC D could keep him bottled up. All in all not a bad night last night.Put up 59 points against Mrs in a ppr league... Was supposed to have Mike Evans this week, dip I'm probably not going to do well.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BisonTru
September 8th, 2017, 02:40 PM
I should have kept my mouth shut. Hill went to the locker room shortly after my post. Wish I had Hunt. He was high on my list, but I didn't get him in any leagues.

Also KC scored 42 points. I got six points from the KC kicker. xshakefistx

Also, didn't care that I was going to waste New England in week one on my survivor pool. That was the safe pick. Yeah, that didn't work out either. xpissedx

cx500d
September 8th, 2017, 06:14 PM
Oh my bad...I thought this thread was either started by Chattown, or was another Sam Houston/SLC thread. Carry on

JSUSoutherner
September 8th, 2017, 06:20 PM
I should have kept my mouth shut. Hill went to the locker room shortly after my post. Wish I had Hunt. He was high on my list, but I didn't get him in any leagues.

Also KC scored 42 points. I got six points from the KC kicker. xshakefistx

Also, didn't care that I was going to waste New England in week one on my survivor pool. That was the safe pick. Yeah, that didn't work out either. xpissedx

Not gonna lie, I had no idea who Hunt was until last night. If he keeps up that kind of production Zeke better watch himself or his fantastic rookie season will look like a joke.

BisonTru
September 8th, 2017, 06:32 PM
Not gonna lie, I had no idea who Hunt was until last night. If he keeps up that kind of production Zeke better watch himself or his fantastic rookie season will look like a joke.

The Chiefs are one of the few teams that like to lean heavy on one back. With Ware out for the year it pretty much blew up Hunts value.

I was hoping West would be involved more but he wasn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonTru
September 10th, 2017, 02:24 PM
Former FCS RB Tarik Cohen (R) having a nice fantasy day. Should be available in most leagues. I almost got him in my 16 team dynasty league.

TheKingpin28
September 10th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Former FCS RB Tarik Cohen (R) having a nice fantasy day. Should be available in most leagues. I almost got him in my 16 team dynasty league.

I completely forgot about him in the draft but he was a beast in college. Good news is I picked 10th out of 10th in my league so I will get 1st choice on the waiver on Tuesday.

cx500d
September 10th, 2017, 02:46 PM
Darn, I keep coming to this thread...The title makes me think its a SLC thread...

JSUSoutherner
September 11th, 2017, 02:25 PM
Going to try to snag Cooper Kupp off waivers this weekend.

cx500d
September 11th, 2017, 08:09 PM
ooopsss. Still not a SLC thread.

Thumper 76
September 12th, 2017, 01:16 AM

I drafted him, Wentz, and zenner. Only one that disappointed was ZZ cause he was injured. I'm betting they give him the red zone carries like they should and Abdullah gets hurt again. They're idiots for not using him more, but they're the Lions.

JSUSoutherner
September 12th, 2017, 09:44 AM
Got claims in for Kupp, Cohen, and Kenny Golladay. Hopefully I get one of them. Or all of them.

JSUSoutherner
September 13th, 2017, 06:14 PM
In a PPR league is Devonta Freeman and Tyrell Williams a fair trade for Le'Veon Bell? The guy I offered has Amandola as his WR2.

grizband
September 13th, 2017, 06:41 PM
Yes, it's fair

grizband
September 13th, 2017, 06:42 PM
Accidentally feel asleep before placing waiver claims last night... subsequently missed out on cohen...

cx500d
September 13th, 2017, 06:54 PM
Accidentally feel asleep ...

Oh, so this is a slc forum?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
September 13th, 2017, 08:38 PM
Yes, it's fair

Other guy didn't think so apparently.

He countered with Gurley and Alshon Jeffrey for Bell. He can eat my shorts.

BisonTru
September 13th, 2017, 08:48 PM
In a PPR league is Devonta Freeman and Tyrell Williams a fair trade for Le'Veon Bell? The guy I offered has Amandola as his WR2.

I like the bell side of this but it's close

BisonTru
September 13th, 2017, 08:50 PM
Other guy didn't think so apparently.

He countered with Gurley and Alshon Jeffrey for Bell. He can eat my shorts.

Yeah I wouldn't do that.

JSUSoutherner
September 13th, 2017, 10:10 PM
I like the bell side of this but it's close

It does lean a little to Bells side but his receivers are ass so I figured offering him Williams (who would be his best receiver) would sweeten the deal.

BisonTru
September 13th, 2017, 10:16 PM
It does lean a little to Bells side but his receivers are ass so I figured offering him Williams (who would be his best receiver) would sweeten the deal.

You got a WR in between Williams and Jefferey?

JSUSoutherner
September 13th, 2017, 11:25 PM
You got a WR in between Williams and Jefferey?
Currently I got TY, Jeffery, Williams, Kupp, and Eric Decker.

TY and Jeffery start for me.

I don't trust Williams Kupp or Decker at WR2.

Kupp is a flex for me between Blount, AP, Cohen, and Doug Martin. I basically play matchups.

Tyrell Williams is my backup stating WR in case something happens to Jeffery or TY. If Keenan Allen goes down I'll either start him or use him as trade bait.

Decker is in a box label "In case of Emergency"

BisonTru
September 13th, 2017, 11:37 PM
Currently I got TY, Jeffery, Williams, Kupp, and Eric Decker.

TY and Jeffery start for me.

I don't trust Williams Kupp or Decker at WR2.

Kupp is a flex for me between Blount, AP, Cohen, and Doug Martin. I basically play matchups.

Tyrell Williams is my backup stating WR in case something happens to Jeffery or TY. If Keenan Allen goes down I'll either start him or use him as trade bait.

Decker is in a box label "In case of Emergency"

You could try Freeman-AP or Freeman-Decker. I still wouldn't take either, but doesn't hurt to try. Otherwise you might have to just stay put. I'm guessing Bell went 1 or 2 in your league.

On an unrelated note, sucks David Johnson is out most of the season. I have in a couple dynasties but I wasn't high enough to draft in any re-draft leagues. He had to be 1 or 2 in most leagues.

JSUSoutherner
September 14th, 2017, 08:13 AM
You could try Freeman-AP or Freeman-Decker. I still wouldn't take either, but doesn't hurt to try. Otherwise you might have to just stay put. I'm guessing Bell went 1 or 2 in your league.

On an unrelated note, sucks David Johnson is out most of the season. I have in a couple dynasties but I wasn't high enough to draft in any re-draft leagues. He had to be 1 or 2 in most leagues.
Yeah bell and DJ were 1 and 2 in ours. I had the fifth pick and took Freeman. Managed to snag Gurley 15th.

Silenoz
September 15th, 2017, 10:25 AM

I drafted that MFer in two of my leagues. Woulda been 3 for 3 but the other one was full of Bobcat fans who were all too familiar with him

JSUSoutherner
September 15th, 2017, 11:00 AM
I drafted that MFer in two of my leagues. Woulda been 3 for 3 but the other one was full of Bobcat fans who were all too familiar with him
I watched the Rams game last weekend and was surprised by his workload. I hope they keep using him a lot. When they got Watkins I was concerned

JSUSoutherner
September 22nd, 2017, 09:23 AM
TODD MOFUGGIN GURLEY

That is all.

Smitty
September 22nd, 2017, 09:48 AM
Had a scare last night with Carlos Hyde getting injured, but he returned and put up 21 points.

JSUSoutherner
September 22nd, 2017, 01:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3jAx-fJ3XU&app=desktop

JSUSoutherner
October 3rd, 2017, 06:02 PM
Is Doug Martin worthy of RB2 this weekend against the Pats? My other options are Blount and I'm trying to pick up Kamara or Latavious Murray on the wire.

BisonTru
October 3rd, 2017, 06:04 PM
I owned Cook in 3 leagues. I'm in 1st, 1st, 2nd in those leagues, so I'm last if not close to last on the waiver wire. ****.

BisonTru
October 3rd, 2017, 06:07 PM
Is Doug Martin worthy of RB2 this weekend against the Pats? My other options are Blount and I'm trying to pick up Kamara or Latavious Murray on the wire.

I'd go with Blount. The Eagles have made it a point to run the ball since KC, and Blount has been getting carries. Martin is an unknown how they'll use him. I'd rather wait a week and see how many snaps he gets. Kamara I believe is on a bye. Murray would be a nice pick up. Like I just posted I'm scrabbling to add him as I had 3 shares of Cook.

JSUSoutherner
October 3rd, 2017, 07:16 PM
I'd go with Blount. The Eagles have made it a point to run the ball since KC, and Blount has been getting carries. Martin is an unknown how they'll use him. I'd rather wait a week and see how many snaps he gets. Kamara I believe is on a bye. Murray would be a nice pick up. Like I just posted I'm scrabbling to add him as I had 3 shares of Cook.
I mean I also have Tarik Cohen I can slide in there at RB2 but I don't like flexing WRs

BisonTru
October 3rd, 2017, 07:31 PM
I mean I also have Tarik Cohen I can slide in there at RB2 but I don't like flexing WRs

PPR?

JSUSoutherner
October 3rd, 2017, 08:09 PM
PPR?

Yeah

BisonTru
October 3rd, 2017, 08:16 PM
Yeah

Then I wouldn't shy away from flexing a WR.

JSUSoutherner
October 3rd, 2017, 08:26 PM
Then I wouldn't shy away from flexing a WR.

My WRs this week are:

TY Hilton (starting)
Alshon Jeffrey vs. Pat Pete
Tyrell Williams vs. DRC or Jackrabbit
Cooper Kupp vs. the L.O.B.
Marqiuse Lee vs. Pitt

I don't like any of the matchups.

BisonTru
October 3rd, 2017, 08:28 PM
I'd flex Jeffery or Blount. Take your pick. I'd honestly lean Jeffery.

JSUSoutherner
October 3rd, 2017, 09:40 PM
I'd flex Jeffery or Blount. Take your pick. I'd honestly lean Jeffery.

I can do Gurley and Cohen

TY and Jeffrey

and flex Blount.

Pat Pete scares me though. He completely shut down TY Hilton

BisonTru
October 3rd, 2017, 09:45 PM
I can do Gurley and Cohen

TY and Jeffrey

and flex Blount.

Pat Pete scares me though. He completely shut down TY Hilton

That's what I'd go with unless you can get Murray and even then I don't think he's a must start. Kind of a coin flip from him to Blount.

BisonTru
October 8th, 2017, 12:43 PM
Nice day to own 3 shares of Wentz. 3 TDs in the first quarter.

JSUSoutherner
October 8th, 2017, 12:48 PM
Nice day to own 3 shares of Wentz. 3 TDs in the first quarter.

Ummm.... he may or may not be on my bench. xrotatehx

BisonTru
October 8th, 2017, 12:49 PM
Ummm.... he may or may not be on my bench. xrotatehx

Who r u starting?

JSUSoutherner
October 8th, 2017, 01:21 PM
Who r u starting?

Wilson against the Rams looked more favorable to me than Wentz against the No Fly Zone.

BisonTru
October 8th, 2017, 02:07 PM
Wilson against the Rams looked more favorable to me than Wentz against the No Fly Zone.

Shoulda went with Wentz. Another 72 yard TD.

JSUSoutherner
October 8th, 2017, 02:20 PM
Shoulda went with Wentz. Another 72 yard TD.

Yeah well hindsight is 20/20.

Smitty
October 9th, 2017, 09:24 AM
I had a poorly scheduled bye week but managed to pull off a win as I started Deshawn Watson (35 points) and picked up Aaron Jones (GB RB) who picked up 20...

I saw that OBJ also went down with an injury and is probably out for the year. Not sure if anybody on the Giants offense is worth owning

JSUSoutherner
October 9th, 2017, 09:26 AM
Need Tarik Cohen to save me tonight. I'm leading by three and my opponent has Diggs and the Vikings D.

My team sucked *** this week.

Wilson sucked. Gurley had like 6 points. Tyrell Williams scored the least of my 5 receivers on my roster. Kelce played 1.5 quarters.

Thank God for TY Hilton.

BisonTru
October 31st, 2017, 10:43 PM
So with the trades I'm kind of at loss what to do.

Ajayi - Does his value go up being in Philly. Wentz and that offense are impressive, but he was getting all the snaps in Miami.

Miami - I don't know what to do here. Do you go after Williams and/or Drake. Someone has to carry the ball, but we've seen almost nothing from them in both snaps or production.

Dallas - Zeke is suspended, but maybe not. Do you go after McFadden and Morris and which one?

Kelvin Benjamin - I think his value has to go down on the move up to Buffalo.

Jimmy Garrapollo - Probably not a play in most leagues, but he has to be a pick up in superflex leagues.

JSUSoutherner
November 1st, 2017, 10:50 AM
So with the trades I'm kind of at loss what to do.

Ajayi - Does his value go up being in Philly. Wentz and that offense are impressive, but he was getting all the snaps in Miami.

Miami - I don't know what to do here. Do you go after Williams and/or Drake. Someone has to carry the ball, but we've seen almost nothing from them in both snaps or production.

Dallas - Zeke is suspended, but maybe not. Do you go after McFadden and Morris and which one?

Kelvin Benjamin - I think his value has to go down on the move up to Buffalo.

Jimmy Garrapollo - Probably not a play in most leagues, but he has to be a pick up in superflex leagues.

I think the Ajayi trade will benefit Ajayi owners and owners of Wentz and Eagles receivers. It will hurt Sproles and Blount owners.

There is NO ONE in Miami worth picking up right now. Mayyyyyyyybe Landry. Maybe.

I think Morris is their guy. But I have five other backs already so I don't care.

I think it will stay about the same. Cam underutilized Benjamin IMO. Benjamin is he deep threat Buffalo hasn't had in a long time. (Sammy Watkins is not the same type a guy as Benjamin so Sammy Watkins not doing as well doesn't worry me)

Not worth it unless he's a true stud. Plenty of better options. My issue with him is the team around him is pretty weak.

BisonTru
November 5th, 2017, 07:33 PM
So Goff/Wentz in a superflex worked out well. Add Kamara and Jeffery. 181.60.

JSUSoutherner
November 10th, 2017, 05:24 AM
So Goff/Wentz in a superflex worked out well. Add Kamara and Jeffery. 181.60.
Not bad. I had Goff TY Hilton and Marshawn Lynch on the bench last week and still put up 140. Doug and McCoy combined for 3.5 points.

If I had played Lynch and TY I would have been over 190. Oh well. A W is a W.

JSUSoutherner
December 17th, 2017, 05:45 PM
Todd Gurley just carried me to the finals. 45 points. I'm on track for 185.

Smitty
December 18th, 2017, 08:03 AM
I am heading to the finals of my NFL fantasy team for the chance to win a penalty flag. Somebody got mad they didn't make it and dropped their team so I won by picking up LeSean McCoy.

However I face Gurley next week so I hope I don't have him scoring 42 points again...

JSUSoutherner
December 18th, 2017, 11:16 AM
I am heading to the finals of my NFL fantasy team for the chance to win a penalty flag. Somebody got mad they didn't make it and dropped their team so I won by picking up LeSean McCoy.

However I face Gurley next week so I hope I don't have him scoring 42 points again...

We don't allow that. If you lose and it's past the deadline, if you drop a big guy he's off limits and the owner blocks any waiver attempts at him.

Smitty
December 18th, 2017, 11:33 AM
We don't allow that. If you lose and it's past the deadline, if you drop a big guy he's off limits and the owner blocks any waiver attempts at him.

Normally I agree but there is only 1 person in this prize league I know so (he is out) and anybody could put in claims. A few years ago I was playing against a friend on the last week and we decided to drop all of our players that we could (we waited for the waivers to be after the final game) and picked up the lowest average players for the final battle of the season. He won after the cowboys defense scored double digits.

dewey
December 19th, 2017, 10:08 PM
Freaking Doug Baldwin going for ZERO in my CBS league kept me out of the championship game.

Dewey

BisonTru
December 20th, 2017, 12:46 AM

That's a bull**** move by that guy. He'd be gone in any league I run. I've threatened to boot guys for not setting a competitive lineup even if you are out mathematically of the playoffs. Dropping all your players out of spite? Do you play with a group of fourteen your old girls. xeyebrowx

Anyway, good luck on the championship game. Not your problem at this point.

I made the playoffs in 6 of 6 leagues but only the championship in 2. Consultation game in three of them. Not a bad year on my end. Owning Carson Wentz was a big bonus until this week.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2017, 05:55 PM
RIP Legatron.

Picked up Matt Bryant for the finals.

BisonTru
December 25th, 2017, 08:08 PM
This is where I'm at at the moment. Four leagues

Third Place game: Down 4 with Jeffery and Foles going. He's done

Championship: Up by 20+ with him having Jeffery left. Me nobody.

Championship: Down by 1 with Foles going. He has Crabtree going

Third Place: Down 20+, but I have Carr, Ajayi, Lynch, and Jeffery going. He has Foles, Cooper, and Ertz left though.

JSUSoutherner
December 25th, 2017, 11:32 PM
Gurley is a god damn savior.

BisonTru
December 26th, 2017, 12:23 AM
This is where I'm at at the moment. Four leagues

Third Place game: Down 4 with Jeffery and Foles going. He's done

I lost this one. No points from Jeffery and Foles had me the win till he threw that interception.

Smitty
December 26th, 2017, 07:54 AM
https://i.imgur.com/Yzl71lk.png

That's right... I defeated the mighty Gurley!

Actually I made good choices all across the board, well except for thielen and the Rams. Thismeans I win the NFL prize

gotts
December 26th, 2017, 09:26 AM
Won the championship in a 14 team PPR last night when Juju caught the TD pass from Ben.

Our league is a 2-max keeper where you give up the draft pick the round ahead of where they were drafted the year before.

To keep things interesting/somewhat balanced, the worst two teams get the 1-2 picks, the next 6 worst teams play in the consolation playoffs, where winner of the bracket gets the #3 pick, and the top 6 teams play for the money.

Because of the amount of projected top-25 players that are kept, we have revised our draft order to go 1-14 for the first two rounds, then pick up as part of a snake draft, 14-1, at the start of the third.

I don't think we've had an owner drop in the past 4-5 years, so we must be doing something right!

BisonFan02
December 27th, 2017, 02:27 PM
I won the one league in for the second year in a row. I'm also like the Taco of my fantasy league.....its pretty funny.

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2017, 04:09 PM
I won the one league in for the second year in a row. I'm also like the Taco of my fantasy league.....its pretty funny.

#PasswordIsTaco

#JanikowskiIsEskimoBrosAtTheEBDBBNB

JSUSoutherner
December 27th, 2017, 04:51 PM
That moment when you try to drop people cause they aren't playing week 17 to get stand ins but you can't cause most of your team is on the undroppable list. xcoffeex

#FantasyChampProblems

BisonTru
December 27th, 2017, 05:14 PM
That moment when you try to drop people cause they aren't playing week 17 to get stand ins but you can't cause most of your team is on the undroppable list. xcoffeex

#FantasyChampProblems

None of my leagues have the championship week 17. I don't do that in either of my leagues cuz of this problem.

Although I had Cook, Theilen, T Hill, and Evans in one league. I couldn't start all 4 and all 4 were undropable (not that I would have). I rarely started Evans and he was started in over 80% of leagues.

JSUSoutherner
December 27th, 2017, 05:23 PM
None of my leagues have the championship week 17. I don't do that in either of my leagues cuz of this problem.

Although I had Cook, Theilen, T Hill, and Evans in one league. I couldn't start all 4 and all 4 were undropable (not that I would have). I rarely started Evans and he was started in over 80% of leagues.
I have T Hill, Shady, Gurley, and Kelce. I had Wentz on the list too. The only one that's playing this week is Shady.

I'm currently leading the chipper by 53 points so I'm not worried. Im just plugging people who are actually starting this weekend in my lineup.