PDA

View Full Version : SoCon Week #1 Pick 'em

Pages : 1 [2]

CID1990
September 3rd, 2017, 01:49 AM
I believe we are too highly ranked.

We might be the #4-5 team in the SoCon after all is said and done.

Statistically we doninated but there are serious issues with youth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Pud
September 3rd, 2017, 07:52 AM
Hoping we run the whole table, not just the OVC. xnodx

I need some company.

Why not come back to the Southland Conference then?

Toby
September 3rd, 2017, 08:26 AM
Hawaii 41- WCU 18. But WCU had more total yards 482-453. It looks like WCU had problems in the Red Zone with 4 missed FGs and three of them blocked and one returned for a TD. For 3 of the missed FGs WCU was inside the 10 yard line.

So a good offensive performance outside the Red Zone and lots of missed opportunities. Could have been a close game.

JSUSoutherner
September 3rd, 2017, 09:01 AM
What would that change?

The Pud
September 3rd, 2017, 09:07 AM
What would that change?

You guys would have tougher competition for league championship with Sammy and Central Arkansas. Not sure why you guys left the Southland Conference? Maybe you guys you were scared?

Milktruck74
September 3rd, 2017, 09:10 AM

And still be the strongest team in a weak one bid conference???

The Pud
September 3rd, 2017, 09:25 AM

No sir, they would be the 2nd best team behind Sammy. xthumbsupx

OL FU
September 3rd, 2017, 09:26 AM
Personally wished the SoCon had invited JSU back when they would have acceptedxdrunkyx

JSUSoutherner
September 3rd, 2017, 09:38 AM
You guys would have tougher competition for league championship with Sammy and Central Arkansas. Not sure why you guys left the Southland Conference? Maybe you guys you were scared?
Pretty sure it's cause after Troy jumped ship our closest conference game automatically became 6 hours hours away. Screw that.

Yes.

No sir, they would be the 2nd best team behind Sammy. xthumbsupx

Fake news.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170903/3609f89c23c918f54be6de16323c3f31.png

Personally wished the SoCon had invited JSU back when they would have acceptedxdrunkyx

Not sure we wouldn't accept. I would love to be in the SoCon.

ElCid
September 3rd, 2017, 09:43 AM

What would that change?

Hey, don't you people have a home?! Coming in here clogging up the SoCon thread! Just kidding.xlolx Carry on.xthumbsupx

JSUSoutherner
September 3rd, 2017, 09:44 AM
Hey, don't you people have a home?! Coming in here clogging up the SoCon thread! Just kidding.xlolx Carry on.xthumbsupx
I mean JSU kind of owns both conferences. xcoffeex

ElCid
September 3rd, 2017, 09:47 AM

I am too tired to come up with any response. xrolleyesx Time for a nap again.xthumbsupx

The Cats
September 3rd, 2017, 09:52 AM
Hawaii 41- WCU 18. But WCU had more total yards 482-453. It looks like WCU had problems in the Red Zone with 4 missed FGs and three of them blocked and one returned for a TD. For 3 of the missed FGs WCU was inside the 10 yard line.

So a good offensive performance outside the Red Zone and lots of missed opportunities. Could have been a close game.

Unfortunately, it's always the same for WCU..... coulda, woulda, shoulda........

Giving up a couple of big plays, and not taking advantage of the times inside the red zone ruined what was probably the perfect trap game for the Rainbow Warriors (on one series the Cats were on the 2 yard line, with a 1st down and came away with NO points).

GreenGlasses
September 3rd, 2017, 09:58 AM
Jacksonville State in a squeaker over UTC
This game became a wider margin than I thought. UTCs offence looked completely inept.

Mercer names the score over PFL Jacksonville
The way I thought this game would go, a 48-7 beatdown. I thought Mercer could have scored more but it looks like Lamb called the dogs off after the 3rd QTR.

Samford over KSU KSU puts up a fight for a half but Smford has to much for them
KSU put up more than a fight, thought Samford would pull away in the 2nd half, good win 28-23 none the less.

Air Force names the score over VMI
Remind me again why the SoCon took VMI back, ooo yeah the demands of The Cit. Horrible game 62-0, but I did say AF would name the score.

The Cit destroys Newberry
This game surprised me some. thought this would be a bigger margin of a victory, 31-14 is still a win though even though it is DII.

Wofford over an improved Furman, Furman will make some noise this year but probably fall short in most games this year
Furman made a lot of noise but eventually fell by one point 24-23 to what might be the Class of the SoCon this year.

ETSU beats Limestone in what should be easy
Thought ETSU might score a little more but the 31-10 win was relatively easy win.

Hawaii over WCU but it won't be easy for the Rainbow's
The 41-18 win was easier than I thought, WCU is still WCU I guess.

8-0 This week....

Reign of Terrier
September 3rd, 2017, 10:30 AM

What was the playoff score in 2010?

ElCid
September 3rd, 2017, 10:39 AM
Some very quick thoughts on our game with Newberry. I figured they would be a bit rusty. Execution was about as expected. The o-line needs some work. Lots of Fr and So on that line. I thought our fullback (true freshman) was a bit on the lean side. Work in progress there. You could tell Newberry made it their #1 mission to take away our FB. I saw Tyler Renew in the stand a few rows rows from us and was trying to see his reaction but he pretty much had a poker face. Back up QB got a few series and did very well, like he did last year when he started a few games. No issues if our primary QB Allen goes down. As far as the score goes, it could have easily been a 14 point swing more but we got stuffed at the Newberry 3 once and threw one really bad pass that got intercepted. Defense was allowing lots of short passes but held them to 276 yards overall and just 66 yards on the ground. Offense totaled 454 yards. Special teams was actually pretty good. Average starting position for Newberry on KOs was about the 15! Need to work a bit more on passing execution and the o-line needs to firm up. The sweetest play was Cam Jackson getting a pitch outside and accelerating through the Newberry defenders for 74 yards and a TD on the first play of a drive. He just turned on the jets with those long legs of his. It was truly impressive to watch.

Overall, not super pleased, but not much different than I thought it would be and a good job getting the kinks worked out.

JSUSoutherner
September 3rd, 2017, 10:43 AM
We don't speak about the Crowe era.

The Pud
September 3rd, 2017, 11:48 AM

JSU was bottom dweller when they were in the Southland Conference. Hahahaha

JSUSoutherner
September 3rd, 2017, 11:14 PM
JSU was bottom dweller when they were in the Southland Conference. Hahahaha

Yeah we were. But the funniest part is that between the time we moved to D-1 and the time we moved to the OVC (1995-2002) we had a winning record against Soft Houston State. xcoffeex