PDA

View Full Version : SHSU Vs Richmond Game Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

The Pud
September 1st, 2017, 08:14 PM
Man y'all have some type of a hard on for downing Sammy. We could put up 70 and they could beat JMU and y'all would still say we are garbage. Very difficult to win a Natty. All we have done is win more playoff games, not conference, playoff games in the last seven years than everyone on this thread except the Bison. Just shut up and enjoy the O.

+25

exactly!!

kymoc91
September 1st, 2017, 08:21 PM
I am shocked at the halftime score, especially by a Huesman team.

DTSpider
September 1st, 2017, 08:36 PM
SHSU WRs are legit. Those guys seem to catch everything thrown near them.

POD Knows
September 1st, 2017, 08:37 PM
Does Richmond have contact drills or anything like that at practices. They don't appear to be able to tackle.

Serpentor
September 1st, 2017, 08:38 PM
SHSU WRs are legit. Those guys seem to catch everything thrown near them.

Credit where it's due, your QB is pretty legit too.

Schism55
September 1st, 2017, 08:41 PM
Does Richmond have contact drills or anything like that at practices. They don't appear to be able to tackle.
#1 with the terrible tackling effort, yikes

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 1st, 2017, 08:41 PM
This doesn't shock me. SHSU is damn good. They were damn good last year too....

The Pud
September 1st, 2017, 08:42 PM

+4

BNATION
Hung 489 yards in first half.

Matt
I was scared to say this before the game (and this will seem like an excuse) but I had serious doubts about this defense this year. Losing Omar Howard and Winston Craig was HUGE, and honestly this D wasn't that good with them. Ask JMU how many times they punted last year. Our CBs have always been beatable. Also, losing Conniker is maybe a death blow for this team. Injuries are our thing.

We are gonna need to score fifty every game

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 1st, 2017, 08:44 PM
I was scared to say this before the game (and this will seem like an excuse) but I had serious doubts about this defense this year. Losing Omar Howard and Winston Craig was HUGE, and honestly this D wasn't that good with them. Ask JMU how many times they punted last year. Our CBs have always been beatable. Also, losing Conniker is maybe a death blow for this team. Injuries are our thing.

We are gonna need to score fifty every game

Next week's game against Colgate got very interesting. I'm considering going to that one!

caribbeanhen
September 1st, 2017, 08:45 PM
I am shocked at the halftime score, especially by a Huesman team.

coach em up? haha

BNATION
September 1st, 2017, 08:46 PM
I knew yall y'all were in trouble when you were worried about Colgate. I foresee a second place finish in that tough conference for you guys.

Next week's game against Colgate got very interesting. I'm considering going to that one!

The Pud
September 1st, 2017, 08:50 PM
I think Colgate can take Richmond

Matt
September 1st, 2017, 08:51 PM
Neither these refs nor these announcers should ever work in football again

Matt
September 1st, 2017, 08:59 PM
Our center is absolute garbage

Schism55
September 1st, 2017, 09:00 PM
Wow, just wow

The Pud
September 1st, 2017, 09:01 PM
Sammy looks really good!

Serpentor
September 1st, 2017, 09:05 PM
Sammy looks really good!

Well, they were looking good until that gift!

X-Factor
Sammy looks really good!

on offense, yeah. Defense, not so much...

DirtyDukes
Sammy looks really good!

-8!!!!!!!

BNATION
September 1st, 2017, 09:07 PM
Defense looks like last year. Hope they clean it up.

The Pud
September 1st, 2017, 09:15 PM
-8!!!!!!!

hahahaha

milleniumkat
September 1st, 2017, 09:20 PM
Defense stepped up in the 3rd. On the field the whole dang time. 7 point only. outstanding.

The Pud
September 1st, 2017, 09:21 PM
Sammy's Defense with the big stop!

DTSpider
September 1st, 2017, 09:23 PM
This game has really mimicked this thread. A long train wreck I can't turn away from

Matt
That stop was huge. We've done ourselves no favors with the red zone turnovers. Could be much closer. I know it could also be a 40 point game, too

milleniumkat
Offensive play calling garbage in second half.

Matt
This game has really mimicked this thread. A long train wreck I can't turn away from

Lol

milleniumkat
September 1st, 2017, 09:26 PM
Keeler and Cramsey suck. I'm done with them.

DirtyDukes
September 1st, 2017, 09:27 PM
Keeler and Cramsey suck. I'm done with them.

THERE IT IS

Serpentor
September 1st, 2017, 09:27 PM
Check that receiver's hand for stickum!

milleniumkat
September 1st, 2017, 09:28 PM
We are in trouble.

Matt
September 1st, 2017, 09:31 PM
Jesus Christ our tackling

BNATION
September 1st, 2017, 09:31 PM
Need another score

milleniumkat
September 1st, 2017, 09:32 PM
Check that receiver's hand for stickum!

Best slot in the nation

Schism55
September 1st, 2017, 09:36 PM
The special teams are lolsy

BNATION
September 1st, 2017, 09:38 PM
Defense is shameful.

milleniumkat
September 1st, 2017, 09:41 PM
It's not the defense. They have been on the field the whole second half. Cramsey'a offense let the team down. this should have been a blowout.

DirtyDukes
September 1st, 2017, 09:42 PM
What a terrible non-call on PI on 4th down - defender just tackled him.

Matt
September 1st, 2017, 09:42 PM
THAT IS PASS INTERFERENCE. GOD. **** these refs into the sun

The Pud
September 1st, 2017, 09:43 PM
NDSU is the best fcs team

DTSpider
September 1st, 2017, 09:43 PM
Bad calls all night. That one hurts but it shouldn't have gotten to it. Both teams have made so many mistakes.

BNATION
September 1st, 2017, 09:44 PM
True. I hate the 40 yard passes on 3rd and 3.

It's not the defense. They have been on the field the whole second half. Cramsey'a offense let the team down. this should have been a blowout.

Kemo
September 1st, 2017, 09:44 PM
Yep, that was definitely pass interference. Not sure how that doesn't get called. Wasn't even bang/bang.

DirtyDukes
September 1st, 2017, 09:45 PM
NDSU is the best fcs team

http://rawawesome.com/waka-OK.gif

Bisonwinagn
September 1st, 2017, 09:46 PM
Haven't read this thread, but if Richmond wouldn't of ****ed around running the football they had a great chance to win. The OC is a complete idiot on play calling.

DirtyDukes
September 1st, 2017, 09:48 PM
These sure are special special teams

Lorne_Malvo
September 1st, 2017, 09:50 PM
2 4th and 1's. If they would have converted them we could be tied up. Have to be able to get 1 yard. The missed PI call sucked, but the 2 4th blown were the killer.

Matt
September 1st, 2017, 09:54 PM
Lauletta's biggest flaw is not recognizing coverage around the routes he's throwing to. He just turns and throws. ****. What could've been...

I'm going to drown myself in rum now

milleniumkat
September 1st, 2017, 09:55 PM
Richmond was overmatched from the start. I mean they let Briscoe run for a 700 yard Touchdown.

I'll take the win, but we got "bugs" to work out on offense.

Nice effort from the Spiders. But #3 should beat #7 and they did.

Fantastic crowd traveled. I'm impressed.

This game was close for one guy, Tim Cramsey.

Serpentor
September 1st, 2017, 09:57 PM
Spiders gave a serious effort in the second half. Man, what a dizzying game.

DTSpider
September 1st, 2017, 09:58 PM
Congrats SHSU. Definitely was the team better prepared for tonight.

The Pud
September 1st, 2017, 09:59 PM
Richmond was overmatched from the start. I mean they let Briscoe run for a 700 yard Touchdown.

I'll take the win, but we got "bugs" to work out on offense.

Nice effort from the Spiders. But #3 should beat #7 and they did.

Fantastic crowd traveled. I'm impressed.

This game was close for one guy, Tim Cramsey.

+1

POD Knows
September 1st, 2017, 09:59 PM
"As good as the Southland conference is", said one person ever.

spdram
September 1st, 2017, 10:01 PM
Good game tonight Kats better team won. Both teams have things to work on -- go out and have a great season

milleniumkat
September 1st, 2017, 10:06 PM
Good game tonight Kats better team won. Both teams have things to work on -- go out and have a great season

Agreed. Good game. Bottom line, #5 was the better QB than #16 tonight imho. That kid is the man.

BNATION
September 1st, 2017, 10:08 PM
Impressed by Richmond QB. Both teams played very sloppy football.

longtimemocfan
September 1st, 2017, 10:43 PM
This is the first time Huesman has lost to a FCS team by more than 1 score since UT-Martin in 2013. I think 7 starters were out for that game. Pretty good run.

Sammy94
September 1st, 2017, 11:03 PM
SHSU best defensive player not in the game or stadium. Not happy with the lack of pressure but Spiders have a damn good OL

He was in the stadium, I talked to him on the sidelines

no poster ever
September 1st, 2017, 11:43 PM
I think I might be related to that guy.

BNATION
September 1st, 2017, 11:58 PM
34 is less than 44. Goodnight. Now I have to wait 6 days for Prarie View.... good luck with Colgate, mystic bearkat say Richmond 42-10

Panther88
September 2nd, 2017, 12:27 AM

Sick!!!!!!!!! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

milleniumkat
September 2nd, 2017, 12:38 AM
still can't believe Briscoe had a 73 yard TD run.

milleniumkat
September 2nd, 2017, 12:45 AM
made it home safe from waco and Lauletta is still
completing passes.

546 yards 5 tds. geez.

milleniumkat
September 2nd, 2017, 01:32 AM
Spiders gave up 311 yards per game last year all the way to the qtrs and that was with 44 injuries on defense. tonight, 683. 274 yards rushing to boot. I'll take that. Can't believe Spiders only rushed for 130 yards with no PJ. Didn't expect that. Fun night overall.

F'N Hawks
September 2nd, 2017, 01:37 AM
Played out pretty much exactly like I thought/stated. Severe overreaction to the JM game last year. Richmond's secondary is not even close to Jimmy's.

The Pud
September 2nd, 2017, 07:00 AM
Played out pretty much exactly like I thought/stated. Severe overreaction to the JM game last year. Richmond's secondary is not even close to Jimmy's.

Who is Jimmy?

Sammy looked like a top 5 program and I think Sammy will go deep into the playoffs again this year. I know this makes those JMU fans unhappy, but so be it. Thats the fact Jack.

TheRevSFA
September 2nd, 2017, 07:10 AM
Who is Jimmy?

Sammy looked like a top 5 program and I think Sammy will go deep into the playoffs again this year. I know this makes those JMU fans unhappy, but so be it. Thats the fact Jack.

they'll go until they face a team with a good offense and a defense who doesn't allow 40+ a game.

The Pud
September 2nd, 2017, 07:16 AM

Hahahahah. This really did made me laugh out loud

The Pud
September 2nd, 2017, 07:17 AM
they'll go until they face a team with a good offense and a defense who doesn't allow 40+ a game.

Maybe the team will be SFA?

milleniumkat
September 2nd, 2017, 07:33 AM

well there's only two in the FCS that fit that description so...i like our chances. Cry cry

So richmonds offense isn't good?? Lauletta is a top 5 QB. They made it to the quarters last year with their 2nd or 3rd string RB and QB and about 18 other starters out.

Well, last night they were ALL back, and they still couldn't do anything but take advantage of a young secondary. And i feel that was mostly due to a lack of pass rush because of no PJ Hall. Even without him they managed only 130 yards rushing. Lauletta was all they had. Anyone who knows football can see that we went to a conservative, bend but don't break defense way too early.

Spiders had about 1.4 million possessions in the second half and managed only 14 points due to playing tighter in the red zone.

Everyone not named NDSU and JMU need to be very afraid of #Mericas team.

These were two of the best passing offenses in the FCS, of course they are going to be effective. You will see this ad both teams continue that all year.

Good luck Spiders! Class program and and team. I'm a big Lauletta fan today, that guy has Sunday written all over him.

The Pud
September 2nd, 2017, 07:37 AM
This sums up the night for Richmond. Sammy will get better as the season progresses.

caribbeanhen
September 2nd, 2017, 07:42 AM
This sums up the night for Richmond. Sammy will get better as the season progresses.

that's because they are moving into the Southland part of the schedule, Sammy a top #5 team in real bad conference, who will be the Buzz saw this year? South Dakota State?

The Pud
September 2nd, 2017, 07:43 AM
Sammy's offense must be extremely exhausted from running up and down the field all night.

- - - Updated - - -

that's because they are moving into the Southland part of the schedule, Sammy a top #5 team in real bad conference, who will be the Buzz saw this year? South Dakota State?

Probably NDSU is my bet

BNATION
September 2nd, 2017, 08:40 AM
Watch the Southland FBS matchups. UCA is the real deal and Nicholls would beat Richmond. They beat a very solid Mcnease team Thursday night and look like the improved a lot from last year with a transfer QB.

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2017, 09:01 AM
LOL. He when you see him tell him that he is the worst play by play guy I have ever heard utter a sound at a D1 college game.

BisonFan02
September 2nd, 2017, 09:02 AM
well there's only two in the FCS that fit that description so...i like our chances. Cry cry

So richmonds offense isn't good?? Lauletta is a top 5 QB. They made it to the quarters last year with their 2nd or 3rd string RB and QB and about 18 other starters out.

Well, last night they were ALL back, and they still couldn't do anything but take advantage of a young secondary. And i feel that was mostly due to a lack of pass rush because of no PJ Hall. Even without him they managed only 130 yards rushing. Lauletta was all they had. Anyone who knows football can see that we went to a conservative, bend but don't break defense way too early.

Spiders had about 1.4 million possessions in the second half and managed only 14 points due to playing tighter in the red zone.

These were two of the best passing offenses in the FCS, of course they are going to be effective. You will see this ad both teams continue that all year.

Good luck Spiders! Class program and and team. I'm a big Lauletta fan today, that guy has Sunday written all over him.

I think I threw up in my mouth a bit. xlolx

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2017, 09:06 AM
I think I threw up in my mouth a bit. xlolx'Merica likes winners, not moral victory losers and runner up, tee shirt wearing Dbags

alvin.kmiec
September 2nd, 2017, 09:08 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170902/0c4a78ee23c8c676e690d47a6d90f247.png

Who needs a slice of pie while it fresh? Just got it out of the oven this morning for you all enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cx500d
September 2nd, 2017, 10:07 AM
Watch the Southland FBS matchups. UCA is the real deal and Nicholls would beat Richmond. They beat a very solid Mcnease team Thursday night and look like the improved a lot from last year with a transfer QB.

Oh Puuuuhhhhlllleeeeeaaaazzzzzzeeee. You are so trying to cover up the bad Southland Conference....

Sammy defense gives up 650 yds of offense to the Spatters....I'm surprised the score was so low with those gaudy offense stats....

caribbeanhen
September 2nd, 2017, 10:28 AM

Yea, let's not get carried away now, remember who was telling the JMU and Richmond fans for the past month that you guys were going to roll Richmond, but Nicholls is going to beat Richmond.... haha, yea right

Matt
September 2nd, 2017, 10:42 AM

I know it doesn't really matter, but saying this is the same as last year's team or that everyone that beat uva is "back" is very not true. We had NFL guys on all three levels of defense and at qb and WR. They're all gone now except Lauletta. Last year, before injuries, we might have been the best team in the country. This spiders team is not that. Sam
Houston deserved that game last night, and you guys are very good, but this isn't last year's spiders team, not even the version that played North Dakota.

milleniumkat
September 2nd, 2017, 11:00 AM

nicholls would beat richmond? nah.

milleniumkat
September 2nd, 2017, 11:01 AM
'Merica likes winners, not moral victory losers and runner up, tee shirt wearing Dbags

Well #MericasTeam is 1-0. Winner

milleniumkat
September 2nd, 2017, 11:03 AM
jmu gave up 500+ to the same team mid season. we cool.

milleniumkat
September 2nd, 2017, 11:08 AM
I know it doesn't really matter, but saying this is the same as last year's team or that everyone that beat uva is "back" is very not true. We had NFL guys on all three levels of defense and at qb and WR. They're all gone now except Lauletta. Last year, before injuries, we might have been the best team in the country. This spiders team is not that. Sam
Houston deserved that game last night, and you guys are very good, but this isn't last year's spiders team, not even the version that played North Dakota.

so new guys can end up better than previous every year. what's the point? this is just another chapter of "If shsu beat em they ain't good"

It's game one, you me anybody don't know **** about who either team is right now. they play more games than one bruh. So i guess if y'all run the table y'all flip the script and be like"it was just game one and the staff needed more time with the team to hit full stride, play is now and we win"...rinse and repeat. lol. this is what y'all can't hold a candle to me on here, i know yalls move like 9 steps ahead. It's like i'm psychic up in this ho.

Sammy94
September 2nd, 2017, 11:16 AM
Still ain't beat nobody.

BEAR
September 2nd, 2017, 11:23 AM

Thanks for the credit but UCA will be lucky to hang around with Kansas State. We lost our two DEs this past week plus Mallet our all conference senior lineman. Sammy will have no problem when they come to UCA.

Matt
September 2nd, 2017, 11:27 AM
so new guys can end up better than previous every year. what's the point? this is just another chapter of "If shsu beat em they ain't good"

It's game one, you me anybody don't know **** about who either team is right now. they play more games than one bruh. So i guess if y'all run the table y'all flip the script and be like"it was just game one and the staff needed more time with the team to hit full stride, play is now and we win"...rinse and repeat. lol. this is what y'all can't hold a candle to me on here, i know yalls move like 9 steps ahead. It's like i'm psychic up in this ho.

Holy ****, what? This is ****ing gibberish.
You said the players from the jmu game were "ALL back" and that's very inaccurate. That's all I was saying. Y'all have a weird victim complex where you think everyone is attacking you. Chill, "bruh"

BisonTru
September 2nd, 2017, 11:31 AM
Good win and great game for my favorite posters south of the border but...

Briscoe won't be the best QB on the field on game day.

Still Tru

milleniumkat
September 2nd, 2017, 11:43 AM
Good win and great game for my favorite posters south of the border but...

Still Tru

agreed. but he did have a 76 yard rushing td

Samalum'10
September 2nd, 2017, 12:08 PM
I wonder how many spots AGS will drop SHSU in their poll? 2... maybe 3?

alvin.kmiec
September 2nd, 2017, 12:54 PM

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Serpentor
September 2nd, 2017, 03:09 PM

Beating another Top 10 team? Oh, we're definitely dropping. I say we deserve to be ranked somewhere in 120s...

The Pud
September 2nd, 2017, 03:32 PM
Yea, let's not get carried away now, remember who was telling the JMU and Richmond fans for the past month that you guys were going to roll Richmond, but Nicholls is going to beat Richmond.... haha, yea right

The Pod says Nicholls can beat Richmond and Villa easily. Nuff said. The Pod is right

The Pud
September 2nd, 2017, 03:33 PM

More excuses.

If Sammy fans used this logic with JMU fans, they would laugh too. So, HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

The Pud
September 2nd, 2017, 07:06 PM
Beating another Top 10 team? Oh, we're definitely dropping. I say we deserve to be ranked somewhere in 120s...

Hahahahaha, this is so true for these chumps here on AGS. LMAO!

knit35
September 2nd, 2017, 07:42 PM
I have SHSU as .5.

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 2nd, 2017, 08:02 PM
Congrats to the Kats. Impressive team speed on offense and they were the better prepared team, especially on special teams. Some very impressive passes and catches between Briscoe and his wideouts. Richmond will need to play better this week to avoid going 0-2.

Daytripper
September 2nd, 2017, 08:40 PM
Congrats to the Kats. Impressive team speed on offense and they were the better prepared team, especially on special teams. Some very impressive passes and catches between Briscoe and his wideouts. Richmond will need to play better this week to avoid going 0-2.

Both teams weren't in sync. Lauletta is the real deal.

The Pud
September 2nd, 2017, 09:29 PM

Man, your QB is the real deal! You guys will rebound and do well. I will be pulling for you guys to beat JMU. Maybe we will meet again in the playoffs.

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 2nd, 2017, 09:40 PM
Man, your QB is the real deal! You guys will rebound and do well. I will be pulling for you guys to beat JMU. Maybe we will meet again in the playoffs.

Thanks. Not to be overly picky here but I thought Kyle was put of sync at times on the first half. Very bad pick thrown in the end zone and several poor choices on his throws. One on a big 3rd down. His numbers looked a lot better than his actual performance, IMO.

That said, coming of an ACL last November, it was damn impressive anyway.

milleniumkat
September 2nd, 2017, 10:28 PM
I have SHSU as .5.

I think it's fair.

milleniumkat
September 2nd, 2017, 10:30 PM

To be honest, i watch the game again today, your kicking game was the only bad part of special teams. Y'all held the #1 kick returner in FCS to basically nothing all night on kicks and punts. You guys blocked a kick by us as well. Your snapper just had one bad play. Overall i can't say your ST play was bad.

fmrbearkat
September 2nd, 2017, 10:38 PM
Start statistics from game 5 through the playoffs and SHSU will have a top 5 defense!!

New faces in the secondary are young but very athletic. #22 6'3" true freshman looked silly smooth and had good coverage but a hair slow on reaction. Very intelligent kid grade wise.

#27 safety is going to be a STUD!!!

#1 LB is a freaking monster with 4.6 speed. 4/5 star sophomore transfer that is an athletic freak!! once he stops thinking and starts reacting will be an animal!!

#49 DE was doubled ALL night!! With PJ at the 3 next to him at end you won't be able to double them both and they are going to wreak havoc. We played a ton of young guys. When the game slows down a bit for them and the reads come quicker there are going to be big time playmakers at every level. 4 games to tighten it up and i think you will be shocked what comes out of that defense.

Again if you judge 2 games both games with our starting QB was hurt then your an idiot.

IF we stay healthy amd at home until at least Semi's and

IF we find that killer instinct then it's going to be a fun year.

Health is luck of the draw in a lot of cases.

If they dont learn from the embarassing ass whipling we got in Virginia then it'll be the same old story.

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 2nd, 2017, 10:45 PM
To be honest, i watch the game again today, your kicking game was the only bad part of special teams. Y'all held the #1 kick returner in FCS to basically nothing all night on kicks and punts. You guys blocked a kick by us as well. Your snapper just had one bad play. Overall i can't say your ST play was bad.

When you sail 2 snaps over the punters head and one is for a TD, it's a bad night on specials. I don't care what else you did right.

Schism55
September 2nd, 2017, 11:18 PM
Start statistics from game 5 through the playoffs and SHSU will have a top 5 defense!!

New faces in the secondary are young but very athletic. #22 6'3" true freshman looked silly smooth and had good coverage but a hair slow on reaction. Very intelligent kid grade wise.

#1 LB is a freaking monster with 4.6 speed. 4/5 star sophomore transfer that is an athletic freak!! once he stops thinking and starts reacting will be an animal!!

#49 DE was doubled ALL night!! With PJ at the 3 next to him at end you won't be able to double them both and they are going to wreak havoc. We played a ton of young guys. When the game slows down a bit for them and the reads come quicker there are going to be big time playmakers at every level. 4 games to tighten it up and i think you will be shocked what comes out of that defense.

Again if you judge 2 games both games with our starting QB was hurt then your an idiot.

If they dont learn from the embarassing ass whipling we got in Virginia then it'll be the same old story.
Can we get someone in here to hose this guy down?

JSUSoutherner
September 2nd, 2017, 11:27 PM
Can we get someone in here to hose this guy down?

Not sure water can fix that.

milleniumkat
September 2nd, 2017, 11:38 PM
Everything he said was correct. And he's entitled to his opinion. He's also a very knowledgeable guy, you should pay attention to what he says.

Also..

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170903/558eb5836b5322f47580ffc5442e5c73.jpg

#MericasFanbase

Go...gate
September 2nd, 2017, 11:43 PM

And in 2015, too.

32counter
September 3rd, 2017, 06:35 AM
We actually gave the game to Sam Houston.

WE GAVE SAM THE GAME-Sequence of disasters:1-->9 are all different plays in different series which cumulatively nullified our potential for a win.#6/#7/#9 all were RED ZONE drives with NO POINTS.Two other drives(#1/#8)ended up on SAM 24,29 yard lines.NO POINTS.On top of that we gave them a safety(#2) for 2 points and we gave them a blocked punt(#4) for a TD(7 points).We did our best to give SAM the game.We also controlled the game clock with the number of plays(89)that we ran but the self inflicted wounds of 9 penalties of 139 yards provided a step backward.Two(2) of the penalties were illegal formations.Another penalty nullified a UR INT with a 32 yd return.Next play SAM scored.We may have earned 652 yards on offense but we gave back 139 yards due to penalties(on both sides of the ball).I thought we played well but not with our past precision and smartness.Our kickoffs weren't deep,our punting was mediocre at best.

Losing to the Sam Houston Institute of Technology was not good.At least the NFL scouts got to see the real NFL prospect in Kyle Lauletta

1. 1st and 10 at SHSU24 KL intercepted at the SHSU0, return 8 yards to the SHSU8

2. 4th and 2 at RICHMOND30 TEAM rush for loss of 30 yards to the RICHMOND0, SAFETY

3. 2nd and 16 at SHSU45 Briscoe pass intercepted by Lemond Johnson at the RICHMOND26, Lemond Johnson return to the SHSU42 PENALTY RICHMOND holding (Tafon Mainsah) 10 yards to the RICHMOND45, 1ST DOWN SHSU, NO PLAY.

NEXT PLAY-
1st and 10 at RICHMOND45 Briscoe pass complete for 45 yards to the RICHMOND0, SHSU TOUCHDOWN,

4.4th and 10 at RICHMOND19 Helkowski punt BLOCKED, recovered by SHSU at RICHMOND0 ,TOUCHDOWN

5.2nd and 3 at SHSU42 KL pass complete to Dejon Brissett for 35 yards to the SHSU7, out-of-bounds, PENALTY RICHMOND pass interference (Dejon Brissett) 15 yards to the RICHMOND43, NO PLAY.

6. 2nd and GOAL at SHSU04 Gordon Collins rush for loss of 6 yards to the SHSU10, fumble by Gordon Collins recovered by SHSU at SHSU11.

7. Xavier Goodall rush for 1 yard to the SHSU19
Next play: 4th and 1 at SHSU19 Xavier Goodall rush for no gain to the SHSU19

8. 3rd and 3 at SHSU27 KL pass incomplete to C. Simpson
Next play:4th and 3 at SHSU27 KL pass incomplete to Dejon Brissett.

9.1st and 10 at SHSU18 KL pass complete to Dejon Brissett for 9 yards to the SHSU9
SAM calls timeout 2nd and 1 at SHSU09
Next play: 2nd and 1 at SHSU09 KL pass intercepted at the SHSU9

milleniumkat
September 3rd, 2017, 07:49 AM

WE GAVE SAM THE GAME-Sequence of disasters:1-->9 are all different plays in different series which cumulatively nullified our potential for a win.#6/#7/#9 all were RED ZONE drives with NO POINTS.Two other drives(#1/#8)ended up on SAM 24,29 yard lines.NO POINTS.On top of that we gave them a safety(#2) for 2 points and we gave them a blocked punt(#4) for a TD(7 points).We did our best to give SAM the game.We also controlled the game clock with the number of plays(89)that we ran but the self inflicted wounds of 9 penalties of 139 yards provided a step backward.Two(2) of the penalties were illegal formations.Another penalty nullified a UR INT with a 32 yd return.Next play SAM scored.We may have earned 652 yards on offense but we gave back 139 yards due to penalties(on both sides of the ball).I thought we played well but not with our past precision and smartness.Our kickoffs weren't deep,our punting was mediocre at best.

Losing to the Sam Houston Institute of Technology was not good.At least the NFL scouts got to see the real NFL prospect in Kyle Lauletta

1. 1st and 10 at SHSU24 KL intercepted at the SHSU0, return 8 yards to the SHSU8

2. 4th and 2 at RICHMOND30 TEAM rush for loss of 30 yards to the RICHMOND0, SAFETY

3. 2nd and 16 at SHSU45 Briscoe pass intercepted by Lemond Johnson at the RICHMOND26, Lemond Johnson return to the SHSU42 PENALTY RICHMOND holding (Tafon Mainsah) 10 yards to the RICHMOND45, 1ST DOWN SHSU, NO PLAY.

NEXT PLAY-
1st and 10 at RICHMOND45 Briscoe pass complete for 45 yards to the RICHMOND0, SHSU TOUCHDOWN,

4.4th and 10 at RICHMOND19 Helkowski punt BLOCKED, recovered by SHSU at RICHMOND0 ,TOUCHDOWN

5.2nd and 3 at SHSU42 KL pass complete to Dejon Brissett for 35 yards to the SHSU7, out-of-bounds, PENALTY RICHMOND pass interference (Dejon Brissett) 15 yards to the RICHMOND43, NO PLAY.

6. 2nd and GOAL at SHSU04 Gordon Collins rush for loss of 6 yards to the SHSU10, fumble by Gordon Collins recovered by SHSU at SHSU11.

9.1st and 10 at SHSU18 KL pass complete to Dejon Brissett for 9 yards to the SHSU9

Excuses excuses. Every game is won or lost by a few plays either way that are either made or not made, this is a dumb post in an attempt to seem analytical.

We are the team that tried to give it away. Poor second half play calling. Conservative bend but don't break defense. We have Lauletta all of those yards by playing way off , the proof of that was all those plays but only 14 second half points.

But Yes, Lauletta was impressive and so was your whole team. But the better, more prepared team on 9/1, won. If this game happens again later in Richmond? Likely different result.

oh and also...78 yard TD run by Briscoe.

The Pud
September 3rd, 2017, 07:50 AM

Sammy looks like they will be a very dangerous team to play against come playoff time! Good win over a quality Top 10 team. Nuff said.

milleniumkat
September 3rd, 2017, 08:23 AM
Sam didn't play clean either.

Had it not been for the high snap that led to the fumble on the opening drive and the holding call that negated the TD on the next Kats would have had 50+ points at the half. AT THE HALF.

The Pud
September 3rd, 2017, 08:26 AM
Sam didn't play clean either.

Had it not been for the high snap that led to the fumble on the opening drive and the holding call that negated the TD on the next Kats would have had 50+ points at the half. AT THE HALF.

Kats could have easily put up 60+ points without the mistakes made. Richmond defense could stop the offense at all when it was clicking on all 12 cylinders.

Bison56
September 3rd, 2017, 11:53 AM

NEXT PLAY-

Typical response from 32, always making excuses. You and StonewallD must be twins.

milleniumkat
September 3rd, 2017, 12:29 PM
I mean couldn't you look at every game and break it down play by play and block by block and tackle by tackle and be all like : "Well if all this wouldn't have happened and we had played perfect football and executed like Terminator 1 efficient, then we would have won. So.."

Catbooster
September 3rd, 2017, 04:01 PM

NEXT PLAY-

I agree with you, maybe in part because my team did the same thing yesterday. We gave the game to Washington State. I don't have time to give a complete break-down of the specific plays, but there were a number of them. I'll give some examples:

1. If we had tackled their runners before they got into the endzone on a few of those plays, they wouldn't have gotten the touchdown. We had guys nearby a number of times, but they made mental errors and missed the tackle.

2. We had several plays that would have been big gains, but we didn't block their defense adequately.

3. We had a few penalties, dropped a few passes, missed a field goal...

TL:DR
We gave away our game too. We just needed to play a little faster, bigger, stronger and smarter.

The Pud
September 3rd, 2017, 04:23 PM
I agree with you, maybe in part because my team did the same thing yesterday. We gave the game to Washington State. I don't have time to give a complete break-down of the specific plays, but there were a number of them. I'll give some examples:

1. If we had tackled their runners before they got into the endzone on a few of those plays, they wouldn't have gotten the touchdown. We had guys nearby a number of times, but they made mental errors and missed the tackle.

2. We had several plays that would have been big gains, but we didn't block their defense adequately.

We gave away our game too. We just needed to play a little faster, bigger, stronger and smarter.

+9

gotta love all this "what if" scenarios.

caribbeanhen
September 3rd, 2017, 05:51 PM
it's a miracle he didn't have 32 tearful excuses

milleniumkat
September 3rd, 2017, 05:53 PM

You just cost me a fresh glass of sweet Tea!

jmufan999
September 3rd, 2017, 05:59 PM
+9

don't you just HATE when fans do that? aren't they just the absolute worst? now if you'll excuse me, it's a little chilly outside and my shoulder is sore so i can't continue typing.

milleniumkat
September 3rd, 2017, 06:32 PM
don't you just HATE when fans do that? aren't they just the absolute worst? now if you'll excuse me, it's a little chilly outside and my shoulder is sore so i can't continue typing.

What's wrong with your shoulder? And why do you type with it? Not trying to pry but, you may not be using your phone/computer correctly.

knit35
September 3rd, 2017, 07:12 PM
What's wrong with your shoulder? And why do you type with it? Not trying to pry but, you may not be using your phone/computer correctly.

Well played.

The Pud
September 3rd, 2017, 07:22 PM

+6

hahahahaha!

Catbooster
September 3rd, 2017, 07:38 PM
My apologies, Sir.

milleniumkat
September 3rd, 2017, 08:12 PM
My apologies, Sir.

I read point number one and kinda peed a little.

milleniumkat
September 3rd, 2017, 08:17 PM
So Lauletta averages 4Tds , 400+ Yards vs JMU. And since 2014, Richmond averages 40.66 points per game..vs JMU. So all this "SHSU still don't play defense" mumbo jumbo...when you boys gunna show us how it's done? What's the trick to shutting down Lauletta and the Spider offense? Will it happen this season? History says "Nah MK, not this year either.". Thanks History, thank you for getting back to me so quick like.

milleniumkat
September 3rd, 2017, 08:18 PM
Well played.

I'm just tryna say maybe consult the manual or something. Warranties my be in danger of being voided.

cx500d
September 3rd, 2017, 08:56 PM

You must not be a native Texan.

32counter
September 3rd, 2017, 09:50 PM
it's a miracle he didn't have 32 tearful excuses

Dover U gave new-Ark U a tough game.What happened?What a joke.Does new-Ark U have a library full of only magazines with big print?

DirtyDukes
September 3rd, 2017, 09:58 PM
nicholls would beat richmond? nah.
Nicholls will beat Soft Houston. You heard it here first. Fourcade is the real deal.

+9

What percentage of your post are just you agreeing with people with numbers? >75%? This isn't facebook, bro, add some content or just nod your head.

milleniumkat
September 3rd, 2017, 10:22 PM
You must not be a native Texan.

Borned and raised.

milleniumkat
September 3rd, 2017, 10:24 PM
Watched the replay again just now. at the 4:36 mark, the Richmond LT jumped and got a false start penalty which stalled a drive. Lauletta instantly pointed to himself and ran up to the guy and pat him on his helmet as if to say "My bad, it's cool, less go!".
I really respect the hell out of that guy. I hope he has a strong year. And i hope like hell we don't play him again.

milleniumkat
September 3rd, 2017, 10:42 PM
Nicholls will beat Soft Houston. You heard it here first. Fourcade is the real deal.

What percentage of your post are just you agreeing with people with numbers? >75%? This isn't facebook, bro, add some content or just nod your head.

"Heard it here first"???????

Come on you clown! Don't be riding my coat tails that hard!! I told y'all Nicholls was on the rise all last year and all y'all did was laugh. and now you want jump on board like you saw something all of a sudden? You ain't ****.

Don't you have a minecraft group build to catch up on lil' boy?

cx500d
September 3rd, 2017, 10:47 PM
Borned and raised.

Sweet Tea? #NotATexan

ursus arctos horribilis
September 4th, 2017, 02:29 AM
"Heard it here first"???????

Come on you clown! Don't be riding my coat tails that hard!! I told y'all Nicholls was on the rise all last year and all y'all did was laugh. and now you want jump on board like you saw something all of a sudden? You ain't ****.

Don't you have a minecraft group build to catch up on lil' boy?

All last year mk? WTF? You didn't join until late October and this poll that came out nearly a year ago says we might have seen something in them long before you came around...but you know...just a bunch of clowns around here as I've heard from several Bearkat fans over the rankings. xlolx

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?185156-AGS-Poll-Results-WEEK-2-09-12-2016&p=2375191#post2375191

Top 40 in the 2nd week of the season..last season. They are not surprising us and you ain't the Pied Piper on it for us. They are solid.

POD Knows
September 4th, 2017, 06:48 AM
You must not be a native Texan.He is from Greenbow, Alabama

The Pud
September 4th, 2017, 08:26 AM

Villa and Richmond will beat JMU

milleniumkat
September 4th, 2017, 08:37 AM
Sweet Tea? #NotATexan

Whatever. I'm not sure what planet you come from son.

milleniumkat
September 4th, 2017, 08:38 AM
He is from Greenbow, Alabama

Boaz, Alabama. (Moms side). She hooked up with a transplanted Okie in Houston Texas and here I am! You're welcome!

milleniumkat
September 4th, 2017, 08:43 AM
All last year mk? WTF? You didn't join until late October and this poll that came out nearly a year ago says we might have seen something in them long before you came around...but you know...just a bunch of clowns around here as I've heard from several Bearkat fans over the rankings. xlolx

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?185156-AGS-Poll-Results-WEEK-2-09-12-2016&p=2375191#post2375191

Top 40 in the 2nd week of the season..last season. They are not surprising us and you ain't the Pied Piper on it for us. They are solid.

1. The months before i joined AGS are PreMK and don't count toward the new year.
2. Yeah they were sitting at 40 but all y'all did was say to us that pumped them up was #ButtNichols which means y'all didn't believe.
3. Wtf you jumping in to defend what ain't got nothing to do with you? Oh that's right..."unbiased moderation" right? i guess i just have to sit back and listen to them mouth off to me, but if I come back at em, cleanly, then i have to listen to the Great Ursus?
4. I wasn't talking to you.

milleniumkat
September 4th, 2017, 08:45 AM
Explain to me what Nicholls game three weeks away has to do with a Richmond vs SHSU thread? other than to just talk smack? Do your job Ursus. Or retire and let RevSFA take over full time duties.

JSUSoutherner
September 4th, 2017, 08:49 AM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/vjwACwDxB0hZ6/200w.gif

cx500d
September 4th, 2017, 09:49 AM
He is from Greenbow, Alabama

Now it makes sense.

cx500d
September 4th, 2017, 09:50 AM
Whatever. I'm not sure what planet you come from son.

I come from the part of Texas where if you order Tea, they don't ask sweet or unsweet, it just comes normal without corn syrup.

DirtyDukes
September 4th, 2017, 10:16 AM
Villa and Richmond will beat JMU

We play Aston Villa this year? I didn't even know they had a real Football team.

Explain to me what Nicholls game three weeks away has to do with a Richmond vs SHSU thread? other than to just talk smack? Do your job Ursus. Or retire and let RevSFA take over full time duties.

LOL. MK you are the whiniest little special snowflake in the entire world, and perfectly encapsulate all that is wrong with Soft Houston's fanbase. This is now the SECOND time you've ran to Ursus because you can't handle football talk. Ursus, I'm sorry but I just can't sit back anymore.

Nicholls is relevant because they're your future opponent. I'm not going to start a new thread to discuss a game three weeks away when there's a very active one right here. I'm sorry you didn't like my opinion, but it was a reasonable one that wasn't trolling. I watched all of McNeese/Nicholls and was impressed with Fourcade. You don't get to run crying to the Mods when someone offers an opinion you don't like. Grow up.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 4th, 2017, 10:17 AM
1. The months before i joined AGS are PreMK and don't count toward the new year.
2. Yeah they were sitting at 40 but all y'all did was say to us that pumped them up was #ButtNichols which means y'all didn't believe.
3. Wtf you jumping in to defend what ain't got nothing to do with you? Oh that's right..."unbiased moderation" right? i guess i just have to sit back and listen to them mouth off to me, but if I come back at em, cleanly, then i have to listen to the Great Ursus?
4. I wasn't talking to you.

Did I moderagte you ya f'n crybaby or did I come in and try to correct your misstatement. Again, I said this to an NDSU guy a month or two ago and I'll repeat it to you. You make any BS **** claims about being moderated while in a simple discussion again and I will moderate your ass. Getting sick of the crybaby crap when you are in a simple discussion. The rest of your statement didn't make any sense but I assume that is by design.

Colonels were 38 btw. That was a month and a half before you ever came over here to whine about where we had SHSU ranked.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 4th, 2017, 10:20 AM

You think I'm gonna listen to your mouth bitch you got that all wrong. Consider my job done for the rest of the day and if you are back tomorrow tell me how you felt today. I bet it is miserable.

After a game is over, these threads go any which way usually and I'm pretty sure some of the SHSU fans have helped drive it over this direction. I've watched some of you do it.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 4th, 2017, 10:27 AM
We play Aston Villa this year? I didn't even know they had a real Football team.

LOL. MK you are the whiniest little special snowflake in the entire world, and perfectly encapsulate all that is wrong with Soft Houston's fanbase. This is now the SECOND time you've ran to Ursus because you can't handle football talk. Ursus, I'm sorry but I just can't sit back anymore.

Nicholls is relevant because they're your future opponent. I'm not going to start a new thread to discuss a game three weeks away when there's a very active one right here. I'm sorry you didn't like my opinion, but it was a reasonable one that wasn't trolling. I watched all of McNeese/Nicholls and was impressed with Fourcade. You don't get to run crying to the Mods when someone offers an opinion you don't like. Grow up.

It was reasonable but a reasonable opinion coming from an enemy" doesn't see reasonable and I've seen a couple of guys make similar comments about JMU having to play a couple of CAA teams that could give them trouble so the gripe about that one didn't make any sense to me either.

All the same, outside of mk, please keep it reasonable with the others and don't try to light any fires here.

fmrbearkat
September 4th, 2017, 12:41 PM

A bone bruise is a tad different than a sore shoulder. Especially when it's numbed up and when the best qb in fcs can't hit the broadside of a barn because he has no feeling it's a reason not an excuse.

I actually said if healthy we still may not have beat yall last year. Your team was playing very enhanced football. As my old coach said "get your pee hot"...well the Dukes le was hot!!! NCAA says a few were too hot even. But in seriousness...the ones that won that game for y'all pissed clean and they were damn good! But if you think y'all beat us like that with a healthy JB your just stupid!!!!

my issue is when you clowns act like the Kats are soft based on 2 games in which our most important player was injured. You just seem to gloss over all those games in which we were healthy and beat and in some cases embarrased other conferences best teams.

fmrbearkat
September 4th, 2017, 12:50 PM
Sweet Tea? #NotATexan

Sweet Tea is the unofficial Official drink of Texas...what's your point? I drink unsweetened tea and I'm the only person I know that drinks unsweet!

- - - Updated - - -

But but but southland is a joke.....

fmrbearkat
September 4th, 2017, 12:59 PM
I come from the part of Texas where if you order Tea, they don't ask sweet or unsweet, it just comes normal without corn syrup.

You dont come from Texas sir....you come from the Dakotas. You may live in Texas but if you werent born in Texas or at least celebrate your first birthday in Texas then you don't come from here. Sorry but that's the facts.

Coming here after college does not make you a Texan!!

Granted I'm assuming you weren't born in Texas because why in gods name would anybody spend your college years paying out of state tuition at UND when there are a bazillion better options!! That'd be like being a cutter or some other masochist act...

cx500d
September 4th, 2017, 01:03 PM
Oh that hurts! Apparently I'm more Texan then many of y'all. Texas is an attitude, which many of y'all don't seem to have.

Sweet tea, sheesh. What's next, pork?

Panther88
September 4th, 2017, 02:13 PM
xlolx There's too much going on here. I smoked some deer sausage yesterday. Some are free to call it venison if you desire.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 4th, 2017, 02:19 PM
Sweet Tea is the unofficial Official drink of Texas...what's your point? I drink unsweetened tea and I'm the only person I know that drinks unsweet!

- - - Updated - - -

But but but southland is a joke.....

That might make sense if the person you are quoting had said this. He didn't. So but, but, but all you want it doesn't make a point. If you have something that refutes what I posted I'd be all for hearing it.

fmrbearkat
September 4th, 2017, 04:35 PM
That might make sense if the person you are quoting had said this. He didn't. So but, but, but all you want it doesn't make a point. If you have something that refutes what I posted I'd be all for hearing it.

Thats all the loudest people on this board have said for the last two years. You or not it's been a common theme around here including giving anybody hell that said Nichols was better than the record indicated? Can you refute that???

where were they in week 7 or 8 of last season when we were defending our Southland reputation and people were calling us idiots???

Im generally very respectful other than some blatantly obvious clever smack talk on posts in in which I also make it very clear my real true feelings on how I feel about teams and games in respectful honest way.

But you forget that our our entire conference reputation is based on 18 non conference games in which over half we're against FBS schools. As the season goes along (this year will be NO DIFFERENT I'm sure) that number surely drops when we get into the rigors of conference games. Then all of a sudden Nichols and every other southland conference team become soft no good teams just because in a 9 game conference schedule like this you can't have 2 dominant teams. Because like SHSU and UCA last year if you do have two dominant teams ithe rest of the conference appear to be trash when that just may not be the case!

ursus arctos horribilis
September 4th, 2017, 05:00 PM
Thats all the loudest people on this board have said for the last two years. You or not it's been a common theme around here including giving anybody hell that said Nichols was better than the record indicated? Can you refute that???

No. I don't care what people smacking back & forth say to each other. I am not defending it either way. My response was really simple. It was to a fella that tried to say we didn't know until he told us when in reality we knew it before he even registered here by about 6 weeks.

Now does that mean they are great? Nope. They are respectable though. Thing is some of you might want to pretend that the SLC is tough when it is not...when compared to the CAA or MVFC. That is who you might get push back from and rightfully so I might add.

BSC, SLC, OVC, etc. are middlin conferences right now and have one team that can make some real noise over the past few (up to 5 yrs.) and the SOCON has taken a seat ahead of those 3 it appears right now. But if you are talking to CAA or MVFC posters you will hear "weak" and in comparison, it is.

Nichols wasn't part of the strength really in that regard. I also don't think they are weak by any means but how would you say they fare last season in either of the top two conferences? If you ask me it's bottom half for sure.

The SLC does seem to be on the rise (to me) though. SHSU is a very good team but it doesn't mean anyone else has done a whole lot as far as national type respect...so far. UCA is pretty damn good too, not trying to overlook them with that comment but the level is different than what SHSU has done.

fmrbearkat
September 4th, 2017, 06:02 PM
No. I don't care what people smacking back & forth say to each other. I am not defending it either way. My response was really simple. It was to a fella that tried to say we didn't know until he told us when in reality we knew it before he even registered here by about 6 weeks.

Now does that mean they are great? Nope. They are respectable though. Thing is some of you might want to pretend that the SLC is tough when it is not...when compared to the CAA or MVFC. That is who you might get push back from and rightfully so I might add.

BSC, SLC, OVC, etc. are middlin conferences right now and have one team that can make some real noise over the past few (up to 5 yrs.) and the SOCON has taken a seat ahead of those 3 it appears right now. But if you are talking to CAA or MVFC posters you will hear "weak" and in comparison, it is.

Nichols wasn't part of the strength really in that regard. I also don't think they are weak by any means but how would you say they fare last season in either of the top two conferences? If you ask me it's bottom half for sure.

The SLC does seem to be on the rise (to me) though. SHSU is a very good team but it doesn't mean anyone else has done a whole lot as far as national type respect...so far. UCA is pretty damn good too, not trying to overlook them with that comment but the level is different than what SHSU has done.

Again your talking about where they were in week 2 when MK was not here. How was Nicholas views in weeks 7 or 8 after a lost to 2 fbs schools, a loss to UCA and to SHSU.

In reality that's what's made MK go to annoying troll MK. He's not always like that.....but what's really changed about Nicholas in week 2 vs week 8. Most FCS schools outside of the top 10-15 with that schedule would lose those games plus have the blatant conference loss that comes with being a 10-40 team that usually loses a conference game it shouldn't because of familiarity?

So Nichols is getting respect now but when they end up slightly better than last year with a loss to UCA and bad loss to ole overrated SHSU then the opinion of Nichols by the end of the years is that they suck and our 9 game conference schedule is rearing its ugly head!! Same story new year!!

Only thing that changes is that if our QB stays healthy and we go as far as we should then we obviously got the easy road in the playoffs. Or if like the 2 years our QB gets hurt we were overrated and everything to do with the southland is soft.

Your acting like it was well known that Nichols was on the up. The entire second half of the year we defended the southland but because we had really 5/6 descent fcs non conference matchups to use for arguments sake we are all of a sudden idiots. You jumped in on his conversation attacking him for claiming he called it.

Well IMO although he's definitely annoying on AGS he's also right. You or any non southland poster weren't jumping in there defending him in week 8 or 9 saying yep your right Nichols is probably better than people give them credit for so don't jump in here saying you or this site called it first.

BisonTru
September 4th, 2017, 07:57 PM
Borned and raised.

Sweet Tea? #NotATexan

Oh, I'd say his post does a decent job confirming a Texas upbringing. 😉

The Pud
September 4th, 2017, 07:59 PM
One important thing I learned during this game is that Sammy's DBs are mostly true freshmen!!!! These kids will be grown men by the time they are Seniors. Sammy will be a very dangerous team to play against come playoff time.

TheRevSFA
September 4th, 2017, 08:40 PM
One important thing I learned during this game is that Sammy's DBs are mostly true freshmen!!!! These kids will be grown men by the time they are Seniors. Sammy will be a very dangerous team to play against come playoff time.

I'm doubting it. Sam will get a seed, win at home, then go on the road and lose to better competition.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 4th, 2017, 09:09 PM
Again your talking about where they were in week 2 when MK was not here. How was Nicholas views in weeks 7 or 8 after a lost to 2 fbs schools, a loss to UCA and to SHSU.

In reality that's what's made MK go to annoying troll MK. He's not always like that.....but what's really changed about Nicholas in week 2 vs week 8. Most FCS schools outside of the top 10-15 with that schedule would lose those games plus have the blatant conference loss that comes with being a 10-40 team that usually loses a conference game it shouldn't because of familiarity?

So Nichols is getting respect now but when they end up slightly better than last year with a loss to UCA and bad loss to ole overrated SHSU then the opinion of Nichols by the end of the years is that they suck and our 9 game conference schedule is rearing its ugly head!! Same story new year!!

Only thing that changes is that if our QB stays healthy and we go as far as we should then we obviously got the easy road in the playoffs. Or if like the 2 years our QB gets hurt we were overrated and everything to do with the southland is soft.

Your acting like it was well known that Nichols was on the up. The entire second half of the year we defended the southland but because we had really 5/6 descent fcs non conference matchups to use for arguments sake we are all of a sudden idiots. You jumped in on his conversation attacking him for claiming he called it.

Well IMO although he's definitely annoying on AGS he's also right. You or any non southland poster weren't jumping in there defending him in week 8 or 9 saying yep your right Nichols is probably better than people give them credit for so don't jump in here saying you or this site called it first.

Sorry, it is/was recognized immediately when they did good and had some good wins and close finishes. The SLC ain't gonna get it's knob polished for being middlin'. That is what you want. It just ain't happening.

The SLC is decent, it ain't tough. Same with several other conferences including the BSC. You think the SLC SOS should be looked at as good? It is not yet but that doesn't mean anything really if your team is good enough to win against the others in the playoffs.

btw, like anybody else on here, I'll jump in anywhere I feel like. I jumped in "attacking" him...xlolx I jumped in saying his statement was BS and it was. But you all feel so attacked anytime someone isn't rubbing your back and saying "good job fella" I guess.

Another simple thing is that when a team loses lots of games in conference they do drop down in the poll. That, much like wins, is recognized. Were they still a decent team, I think so, but they were not a gauntlet of say 5 or 5 top 25 teams that a couple of conferences go through.

JayMYou
September 4th, 2017, 09:59 PM
My ADD won't allow me to read through 1,400+ posts. Can someone please sum up this thread in a single picture or gif? The more violence depicted against arachnids the better.

BisonFan02
September 4th, 2017, 10:04 PM
My ADD won't allow me to read through 1,400+ posts. Can someone please sum up this thread in a single picture or gif? The more violence depicted against arachnids the better.

https://www.kibin.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Arachnophobia-4.jpg

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2014-08/7/10/enhanced/webdr07/anigif_enhanced-25589-1407420015-13.gif

BEAR
September 4th, 2017, 10:06 PM

http://a1.cdn.whatstrending.com/post_items/images/000/021/680/original/there-was-a-spider-i-panicked.jpg

The Pud
September 5th, 2017, 05:07 AM
I'm doubting it. Sam will get a seed, win at home, then go on the road and lose to better competition.

Like to SFA? Not! LMAO!!!

Daytripper
September 5th, 2017, 05:54 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/12RVWhOmcK0Mi4/giphy.gif

TheRevSFA
September 5th, 2017, 06:27 AM
Like to SFA? Not! LMAO!!!

That was pretty cute.

Seriously, you should go into stand up comedy. Using "Not!" after stuff could be your catchphrase.

The Pud
September 5th, 2017, 07:07 AM
That was pretty cute.

Seriously, you should go into stand up comedy. Using "Not!" after stuff could be your catchphrase.

Sounds like someone woke up a little cranky.

Sammy94
September 5th, 2017, 07:50 AM

You would be to if you were a Lumberjack fan, they may very well have the worse team in the SLC this season. I feel for them, SFA jokes won't even be funny after a few games.

The Pud
September 5th, 2017, 08:08 AM
You would be to if you were a Lumberjack fan, they may very well have the worse team in the SLC this season. I feel for them, SFA jokes won't even be funny after a few games.

+5

Yes, The Pod agrees. Sad for those Lumberjack fans; now all they have to look forward to is trolling various football message boards. #verysad

TheRevSFA
September 5th, 2017, 08:59 AM

*worst

but I'm going to wait and see how we do vs FCS teams before I say we have the worst.

Im still thinking 4-7 and we get rid of conque

TheRevSFA
September 5th, 2017, 09:00 AM

No I was giving you life advice. You should heed it. You'd be a success

The Pud
September 5th, 2017, 09:49 AM
No I was giving you life advice. You should heed it. You'd be a success

I am already a success you apartment living SFA fan

TheRevSFA
September 5th, 2017, 09:55 AM
I am already a success you apartment living SFA fan

You've really gotta up your smack talk game.

The Pud
September 5th, 2017, 10:02 AM
You've really gotta up your smack talk game.

I do not have too. Your sad replies shows otherwise. xthumbsupx

TheRevSFA
September 5th, 2017, 10:11 AM

Let's see:

your attempt at an insult called me an "apartment liver"

That doesn't really play here since I haven't lived in an apartment since college. Do you think all people who live in apartments are poor? How does that work in manhattan?

Seriously, up your game.

DirtyDukes
September 5th, 2017, 10:13 AM

Poor work, 6/10

DirtyDukes
September 5th, 2017, 10:14 AM
Let's see:

your attempt at an insult called me an "apartment liver"

That doesn't really play here since I haven't lived in an apartment since college. Do you think all people who live in apartments are poor? How does that work in manhattan?

Seriously, up your game.

I guess he lives in a House on an Estate in Manhattan? BALLER!!!!

https://media.tenor.com/images/f1a4dde98f3bb208181d93108fbc50f6/tenor.gif

The Pud
September 5th, 2017, 10:19 AM

Sho do!

TheRevSFA
September 5th, 2017, 10:26 AM

I didn't realize Daddy Warbucks hung out on AGS

milleniumkat
September 5th, 2017, 12:09 PM

I didn't run to Ursus. You may be high on shrooms.

milleniumkat
September 5th, 2017, 12:09 PM
On the the next valid thread

The Pud
September 5th, 2017, 01:10 PM
I didn't realize Daddy Warbucks hung out on AGS

I have never heard of Daddy Warbucks; however, I have heard of Puff Daddy

The Pud
September 5th, 2017, 01:46 PM
Any word on injured Richmond Defensive player? That was a nasty legal block by Sammy WR

JayMYou
September 5th, 2017, 01:53 PM

Man, it's painful reading that response. Apparently even remedial courses couldn't prevent at least one child from being left behind.

TheRevSFA
September 5th, 2017, 01:57 PM
Man, it's painful reading that response. Apparently even remedial courses couldn't prevent at least one child from being left behind.

xlolx

The Pud
September 5th, 2017, 02:04 PM

I agree 100% #sad #terrible

The Pud
September 5th, 2017, 03:01 PM
Any word on injured Richmond Defensive player? That was a nasty legal block by Sammy WR

anyone? bueller?

SFspidur
September 5th, 2017, 08:27 PM
Huesman said he could be back in 4-5 weeks. Surprising considering how bad it looked, but apparently no break or major damage.

milleniumkat
September 5th, 2017, 08:29 PM
Huesman said he could be back in 4-5 weeks. Surprising considering how bad it looked, but apparently no break or major damage.

Man that's amazing. I'm guessing an elbow dislocation? JJ watt did that a few years ago and he was back quick. that's why he wears the brace now

Daytripper
September 5th, 2017, 08:35 PM

I was at the game and that dude was in some serious pain.

Katfan
September 5th, 2017, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the update. I hate to see anyone hurt. Good luck the rest of the season.

The Pud
September 6th, 2017, 09:25 AM

That is really great news!!! Glad to hear the kid will be ok and back in action. He is one heck of a ball player. Wishing you guys best of luck the rest of the season. Cheers mate!

fmrbearkat
September 6th, 2017, 01:15 PM
Was the injury on a block? I thought he put his arm down on a tackle as the ball carrier. He was in a tremendous amount of pain enough to make my stomach hurt for him!! Amazing how your feelings change after having children!!

Our trainer said it was definitely elbow but I didn't ask anymore than that.

The Pud
September 6th, 2017, 03:30 PM
Was the injury on a block? I thought he put his arm down on a tackle as the ball carrier. He was in a tremendous amount of pain enough to make my stomach hurt for him!! Amazing how your feelings change after having children!!

Our trainer said it was definitely elbow but I didn't ask anymore than that.

It was a really mean looking block, almost a bit too low, but announcers said it was at waist level and was legal. Just glad to hear the kid is ok and will be back.

milleniumkat
September 6th, 2017, 07:51 PM
Yesss!! Been waiting on this thread! I'm saying the Kats win in a hot one. Bearkats 45, and the Spiders of Richmond (love you guys mascot btw lol) 38. I think it's gonna be a lot of back and forth throughout, and the Kats pull away in the fourth. I think Briscoe wins this one with his arm. Sams defense holds, but shows a lot of rust. Keep the ambulance on standby. I'm sure I'll need a medic by games end.

This take was nearly spot on! Well done!

Coogkat15
September 6th, 2017, 08:05 PM
This take was nearly spot on! Well done!

Haha! Hey man, I guess I just lucked up! Let's hope I'm right about it being our year!

The Pud
September 7th, 2017, 05:41 AM
Haha! Hey man, I guess I just lucked up! Let's hope I'm right about it being our year!

I have a sneaky feeling you will be right. xthumbsupx

The Pud
September 7th, 2017, 10:47 AM
C'mon Sammy.... give 'em a game! xthumbsupx

Sammy gave Richmond more than they could handle!

BEAR
September 7th, 2017, 01:08 PM
https://imgflip.com/i/1vgmp5https://i.imgflip.com/1vgmp5.jpg

The Pud
September 7th, 2017, 02:00 PM

Hahahaha!

Daytripper
September 7th, 2017, 05:23 PM

Thank you!

The Pud
September 8th, 2017, 09:06 AM
Who does Richmond play this weekend?

Dukie95
September 8th, 2017, 01:18 PM
Sorry to revive this thread, and maybe this came up previously, but it drove me crazy that the commentators thought the weather was getting to Richmond. The temperature was 84 degrees...do they think Virginia is in Canada?

Serpentor
September 8th, 2017, 01:22 PM
Sorry to revive this thread, and maybe this came up previously, but it drove me crazy that the commentators thought the weather was getting to Richmond. The temperature was 84 degrees...do they think Virginia is in Canada?

I think ESPN hires commentators off of Craigslist.

URMite
September 8th, 2017, 01:32 PM
Maybe it was prescripted about a typical late August day in Huntsville and the announcer forgot to look at the field?

Movin' on!

beerkat
September 8th, 2017, 03:06 PM

it wasn't the temperature, it was the rain. there are so many serial rapists around the baylor campus that they just fall from the sky

The Pud
September 8th, 2017, 03:11 PM
I think ESPN hires commentators off of Craigslist.

+4

Hahahahaha!