PDA

View Full Version : SHSU Vs Richmond Game Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Henny
August 31st, 2017, 11:56 AM
Do you need more FBS transfer or JUCO players for this game?We hear you are running short.Do these kids actually go to school or do you work the eligibility angle.Nothing new for Keeler.Do they have real majors?

TRANSFERS SET TO MAKE IMPACT--The Kats expect to get help from their heralded signing class, but will also be looking at its transfer additions to help immediately. There are 17 FBS transfers currently on the roster, including nine joining this season. Additions such as Darius Mouton (http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=211634512&DB_OEM_ID=19900) (UNLV), Payton Hendrix (http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=211662937&DB_OEM_ID=19900) (Texas Tech), JacColbie Butler (UTSA) and Craig Williams Jr. (http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=211547431&DB_OEM_ID=19900) (Fresno City College) are expected to transform the secondary, while Chris Stewart (http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=211634511&DB_OEM_ID=19900) (Wake Forest), Spencer Williams (http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=211634591&DB_OEM_ID=19900) and Sekou Clark (http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=211547435&DB_OEM_ID=19900) (Trinity Valley CC) have arrived to help a defensive line that lost five of eight off the final two-deep of 2016. Additionally, the Sam Houston added help on the offensive line with Ty Barrett (http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=211419190&DB_OEM_ID=19900) (TCU) and Zack Kinninger (http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=211634918&DB_OEM_ID=19900)(Fresno State) after losing three pieces of last year’s protection corps, while Josh Moore (http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=211634403&DB_OEM_ID=19900) (Missouri) is expected to be a key addition at tight end.

This S*** is getting really old. First UD got some low marks in the Princeton Review and now KC takes too many transfers. What's next?!?!?!

BNATION
August 31st, 2017, 12:18 PM
Just a side note many of these guys do not currently and may never start. We have had a ton of FBS transfers that never see the field. I remember the year Jack state put us out they had 14-17 FBS transfers starting. We will have around 5-6 starting.

Adding CC transfers they have a total of 25 players from other schools if I read their site correct. 17 FBS? That's a bunch. No wonder they have done so well.

UCA has 23 transfers but only 6 from FBS from UAB (2), UAPB, Ark. State, Nebraska, Texas Tech, and Memphis.

Wonder what the other schools transfers look like. Back to the game thread though...

Matt
August 31st, 2017, 12:29 PM
I have no idea why i keep checking this thread. self-loathing and stupidity, I guess

alvin.kmiec
August 31st, 2017, 12:30 PM
This was poorly planned by the U. Conroe isn't the only town near Huntsville, you have College Station right down the road. What businesses aren't open?

Poor planning? Did you plan for a 500 year flood? How do you get food in the stores or restaurants when most of it comes from Houston. All I can say is be dam happy it's being play in the first place. How would you feel if they just moved on to the next game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Pud
August 31st, 2017, 12:31 PM
I have no idea why i keep checking this thread. self-loathing and stupidity, I guess

+6

Hahahahaha!

BNATION
August 31st, 2017, 01:03 PM
Nobody wants to talk football.....

32counter
August 31st, 2017, 01:38 PM
This S*** is getting really old. First UD got some low marks in the Princeton Review and now KC takes too many transfers. What's next?!?!?!

Are you able to offer any empirical evidence to dispute the findings of Princeton Review with regard to its findings about new-Ark U or the University of Richmond.

milleniumkat
August 31st, 2017, 01:38 PM
This was poorly planned by the U. Conroe isn't the only town near Huntsville, you have College Station right down the road. What businesses aren't open?

Well for starters, Target has been closed, several banks. others on limited hours due to the County Curfew all week that just got lifted yesterday. So this game was made official when the county curfew was to 10pm. SHSU games routinely go 3.5+ hours.

"Poorly Planned"...that's a good one. lol. Cuz they should have done a much better job with last minute planning a now twice moved game after the storm involving a team on the east coast. Too funny. Well, i guess if you can't make it, it's still being streamed.

milleniumkat
August 31st, 2017, 01:42 PM
I could care less if the whole damn team was transfers. All that is is just recruiting class 2.0. They just got re-recruited. In the pros-they call them "Free Agents". No body whines about that. Oh wait..yes they do!! It's all about getting the best guys you can. Period. Cry cry cry.

Go ahead and build in your excuses a full 24+ hours before the game tho. lol

BEAR
August 31st, 2017, 01:44 PM
101 pages....impressive...

http://media2.s-nbcnews.com/j/streams/2013/june/130617/6c7911377-tdy-130617-leo-toasts-1.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

Bison56
August 31st, 2017, 01:51 PM
32counter is nothing but a troll.

Anyways, I am glad this game is still on, looking forward to it. Good luck to both teams, and I hope they both end the game healthy.

The Pud
August 31st, 2017, 01:54 PM

http://media2.s-nbcnews.com/j/streams/2013/june/130617/6c7911377-tdy-130617-leo-toasts-1.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

LMAO!!!! This is hilarious!

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, I am glad this game is still on, looking forward to it. Good luck to both teams, and I hope they both end the game healthy.

+22

Nickels
August 31st, 2017, 02:02 PM
Adding CC transfers they have a total of 25 players from other schools if I read their site correct. 17 FBS? That's a bunch. No wonder they have done so well.

UCA has 23 transfers but only 6 from FBS from UAB (2), UAPB, Ark. State, Nebraska, Texas Tech, and Memphis.

Wonder what the other schools transfers look like. Back to the game thread though...
Congrats douchebag. Your school sucks at attracting premier transfers.

cx500d
August 31st, 2017, 02:19 PM

How's it going in Houston? Is the water receding yet?

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 31st, 2017, 02:42 PM

Only about 2000 more pages of posts to go before we rival the 'I WANNA GO FBS' thread on the JMU board. Get to work, boys.

Texas
August 31st, 2017, 03:13 PM
Poor planning? Did you plan for a 500 year flood? How do you get food in the stores or restaurants when most of it comes from Houston. All I can say is be dam happy it's being play in the first place. How would you feel if they just moved on to the next game.

Should've been cancelled then.

The Pud
August 31st, 2017, 03:25 PM
Should've been cancelled then.

Heck no dude! Why cancel this top 10 matchup? Are you insane? Both programs wanted this game to be played. The students wanted this game played. The alumni wanted this game played. JMU fans wanted this game played. Capiche?

Winston
August 31st, 2017, 04:04 PM
It is a little anti-climatic at this point.

Catbooster
August 31st, 2017, 05:42 PM
I heard these two teams are going to play against each other in football. Does anyone know where I can find a thread discussing that match-up? xsmiley_wix

DTSpider
August 31st, 2017, 05:54 PM
Still 24 hours until kickoff. How does a game possibly live up to a thousand post intro? Are there going to be more posts than fans in the stadium?

On a more serious note - hope that all of the players & coaches families are doing ok. I can't fathom being on the ground there. Hopefully folks can make it out to Waco and have a pleasant distraction from life for an evening.

BNATION
August 31st, 2017, 06:04 PM
Suprisingly ive been trying to talk football and nobody wants to. Richmond guys, who are y'all excited about on your O and D? Players to watch?

I heard these two teams are going to play against each other in football. Does anyone know where I can find a thread discussing that match-up? xsmiley_wix

Winston
August 31st, 2017, 06:52 PM
Say whatever you want about Danny Rocco, but he knows how to build a football program. Our offensive team is stocked with talent.
At QB, we have Kyle Lauletta, a 3,000 yard passer who was injured in the W&M game and was out for the playoffs. We also have Kevin Johnson, a 3 star recruit, who took over in the playoffs and won 2 games.
At RB, we have Gordon Collins, Xavier Goodall, and Denontez Thompson. Thompson was a 3rd stringer last year, but gained 1,000 yards. He did not start until the 5th game of the season. The other two are studs. All 3 can carry the team. We have Sparky Woods as the RB Coach. He has done a magnificent job with the RBs.
At WR, we have Tyler Wilkins, Caleb Drake, Porter Abell, Dashon Tibbs, Devon Brissett, Cortrelle Simpson (from Temple), Jeremiah Brown (from Wake). Our starting WR's average 6'3", which are taller than the DB's of Sam Houston. Simpson and Brown are real speedsters, but they are unknowns at this point.
At TE, we have Stephen Jacobs and Garrett Hudson.
We have an all-conference PK in Griffin Trau. He missed only 1 or 2 field goals last year and he made every PAT. We also have a transfer from Notre Dame.

Winston
August 31st, 2017, 06:56 PM
On the defense, Coach Huesman has instilled an aggressive 4-2-5 scheme. Our DB's average about 6 feet tall and match-up well against your WR's. We have 2 very good DE's, which are expected to provide a strong pass rush. Coach has said he does not plan to blitz much this year, but we will see. We expect to be very aggressive against your team.

Daytripper
August 31st, 2017, 07:19 PM
On the defense, Coach Huesman has instilled an aggressive 4-2-5 scheme. Our DB's average about 6 feet tall and match-up well against your WR's. We have 2 very good DE's, which are expected to provide a strong pass rush. Coach has said he does not plan to blitz much this year, but we will see. We expect to be very aggressive against your team.

We are planning on running the ball more this season, so that might balance out the DB size advantage and having only two linebackers. Huesman put together a pretty good game plan against us in the playoffs last year. I'm expecting a tough, physical game. Could go either way, but I think we might have a few more skill position difference makers. We will see! Game On!

The Pud
August 31st, 2017, 09:27 PM
Hearing the Kats had a great practice today at Baylor's new stadium. Is it Friday yet?

SpiderJPO
August 31st, 2017, 11:21 PM
On defense Waller 32, Clyde 97 and Rubin 29 will be players to watch around line of scrimmage. Mansiah 3 and Keels 4 will be key secondary players. On offense Light 66 is a NFL prospect on O line. Look out for all players at skill positions as there will be many. Kicker Trau 44 is an All American but field goals will not win this game. If Lauletta gets in a rhythm lots of point will go on board. Think winner will have to put up at least 35 points.

Winston
September 1st, 2017, 03:50 AM
We are planning on running the ball more this season, so that might balance out the DB size advantage and having only two linebackers. Huesman put together a pretty good game plan against us in the playoffs last year. I'm expecting a tough, physical game. Could go either way, but I think we might have a few more skill position difference makers. We will see! Game On!
I was curious who those skill position difference makers are and how you think they will stack up against our D.

The Pud
September 1st, 2017, 07:40 AM
I was curious who those skill position difference makers are and how you think they will stack up against our D.

They are undersized WRs with tremendous speed; however if you watched the JMU game and how their corners handled them at line of scrimmage that will be key for the Spiders to shut down the Bearkat offense, as we as applying pressure on Sammy's QB.

milleniumkat
September 1st, 2017, 07:53 AM
They are undersized WRs with tremendous speed; however if you watched the JMU game and how their corners handled them at line of scrimmage that will be key for the Spiders to shut down the Bearkat offense, as we as applying pressure on Sammy's QB.

Correct on then undersized comment. Our offense and WR's are geared for good weather and good field conditions. The whole offense declines as the weather deteriorates.

KPSUL
September 1st, 2017, 07:55 AM
Say whatever you want about Danny Rocco, but he knows how to build a football program. Our offensive team is stocked with talent.
At QB, we have Kyle Lauletta, a 3,000 yard passer who was injured in the W&M game and was out for the playoffs. We also have Kevin Johnson, a 3 star recruit, who took over in the playoffs and won 2 games.
At RB, we have Gordon Collins, Xavier Goodall, and Denontez Thompson. Thompson was a 3rd stringer last year, but gained 1,000 yards. He did not start until the 5th game of the season. The other two are studs. All 3 can carry the team. We have Sparky Woods as the RB Coach. He has done a magnificent job with the RBs.
At WR, we have Tyler Wilkins, Caleb Drake, Porter Abell, Dashon Tibbs, Devon Brissett, Cortrelle Simpson (from Temple), Jeremiah Brown (from Wake). Our starting WR's average 6'3", which are taller than the DB's of Sam Houston. Simpson and Brown are real speedsters, but they are unknowns at this point.
At TE, we have Stephen Jacobs and Garrett Hudson.
We have an all-conference PK in Griffin Trau. He missed only 1 or 2 field goals last year and he made every PAT. We also have a transfer from Notre Dame.

And like ALL Spider players, potential Rhodes scholars who chose Richmond solely on the basis of its academic rigor!

BNATION
September 1st, 2017, 08:53 AM
We also have two tight ends who are over 6'4" and a young receiver at 6'5" who will see action this year. Definitely have our speedsters but have added size. Our defense is by no means small and with transfers and great recruiting class our DB's have grown in size this year considerably. Also added a 6'!'" 240# LB from Texas that can move and should solidify the middle of our defense.
Also the O-Line is quite large and athletic. Much more physical than past years, 2 big transfers helped here.

milleniumkat
September 1st, 2017, 09:18 AM
We also have two tight ends who are over 6'4" and a young receiver at 6'5" who will see action this year. Definitely have our speedsters but have added size. Our defense is by no means small and with transfers and great recruiting class our DB's have grown in size this year considerably. Also added a 6'!'" 240# LB from Texas that can move and should solidify the middle of our defense.
Also the O-Line is quite large and athletic. Much more physical than past years, 2 big transfers helped here.

Damn it!! Shhhhhhhh!!!

Serpentor
September 1st, 2017, 09:38 AM
Hearing the Kats had a great practice today at Baylor's new stadium. Is it Friday yet?

It is now!

The Pud
September 1st, 2017, 09:42 AM

SHHHHHHHHHHHH! BE QUIET! We wanted this to all be a surprise to Richmond!!!! Dammit, now they know. sigh

BEAR
September 1st, 2017, 10:06 AM
Gameday! xdrunkyx

Winston
September 1st, 2017, 10:12 AM
And like ALL Spider players, potential Rhodes scholars who chose Richmond solely on the basis of its academic rigor!
Cough, Cough.

Daytripper
September 1st, 2017, 10:36 AM
We will have to run the ball consistently to win. Period.

JSUSoutherner
September 1st, 2017, 10:58 AM
Curious to see what excuses are throw around after this game. xcoffeex

Sammy94
September 1st, 2017, 11:03 AM

Me too......but did you see that JMU game last year???? Who would of thought???

Daytripper
September 1st, 2017, 11:19 AM

Finally got the tread back on football, and well, here you are....xcoffeex

BNATION
September 1st, 2017, 11:40 AM
Headed up early for a Big O at George's. A little Pat Green live at George's on the radio. Not a bad Friday. See you guys there.

JSUSoutherner
September 1st, 2017, 12:03 PM
Finally got the tread back on football, and well, here you are....xcoffeex

Tread goes on tires.

Matt
September 1st, 2017, 12:53 PM
SHSU fans, any guesses what attendance will be? You've mentioned that SHSU usually has a low turnout for games (i think). We don't travel other than JMU and W&M and we're a very small school. I wouldnt expect more than maybe 100-200 of us is dallas alumni travel.

Bison56
September 1st, 2017, 12:56 PM

I remember the first time my team beat someone, it took me years before i finally shut up about it.

JSUSoutherner
September 1st, 2017, 01:09 PM
I remember the first time my team beat someone, it took me years before i finally shut up about it.
Which is why I will be rooting for Richmond. If the Kats win tonight we won't hear the end of it until they get blown out again in December.

BNATION
September 1st, 2017, 01:59 PM
You have to be right since besides NDSU we have more playoff wins in the last 7 years (recent history) than anyone. Go home your drunk.

Which is why I will be rooting for Richmond. If the Kats win tonight we won't hear the end of it until they get blown out again in December.

Winston
September 1st, 2017, 02:11 PM
Do the Sam Houston fans really tend to do this? Generally, they have been good-natured.

cx500d
September 1st, 2017, 02:13 PM
Do the Sam Houston fans really tend to do this? Generally, they have been good-natured.

Seriously, or are you trolling?

milleniumkat
September 1st, 2017, 02:14 PM

Free country

We are just happy to be playing and watching football right now. But keep up your petty bull****. My family is from Alabama. I volunteered in Cullman after the tornados back in 2011 think it was.

JSUSoutherner
September 1st, 2017, 02:26 PM
Free country

We are just happy to be playing and watching football right now. But keep up your petty bull****. My family is from Alabama. I volunteered in Cullman after the tornados back in 2011 think it was.
I'm glad you guys are playing too. Shoutout to Baylor for being good sports.

But petty, really? I have been wanting Richmond to win this matchup since it was announced and now I'm supposed to pull for the Kats because they got flooded? Nah. That's cool your family is from Alabama. Mine is from Missouri and I was in Joplin days after the tornado went through. Are you supposed to be a JSU fan now? This has nothing to do with weather. I just like watching you guys lose. :D

milleniumkat
September 1st, 2017, 02:28 PM
I'm glad you guys are playing too. Shoutout to Baylor for being good sports.

But petty, really? I have been wanting Richmond to win this matchup since it was announced and now I'm supposed to pull for the Kats because they got flooded? Nah. That's cool your family is from Alabama. Mine is from Missouri and I was in Joplin days after the tornado went through. Are you supposed to be a JSU fan now?
yep.
I am already so.. got family as alumni. So thank you.

Lorne_Malvo
September 1st, 2017, 02:54 PM
Which is why I will be rooting for Richmond. If the Kats win tonight we won't hear the end of it until they get blown out again in December. Or in your case January. You lost by 27. Kind of a blowout don't you agree?

cx500d
September 1st, 2017, 03:02 PM
Or in your case January. You lost by 27. Kind of a blowout don't you agree?

Are you still here? Why? I thought trolls live under bridges

JSUSoutherner
September 1st, 2017, 03:03 PM
Or in your case January. You lost by 27. Kind of a blowout don't you agree?

Yes, but the difference is I've learned not to act like my team is the hottest **** around.

milleniumkat
September 1st, 2017, 03:24 PM
Yes, but the difference is I've learned not to act like my team is the hottest **** around.

What fun would that be? If i wanted to play it low key i'd support a damn chess team. Nah son, ball out for your boys or go back to the hen house. #MericasTeam

URMite
September 1st, 2017, 03:39 PM
What fun would that be? If i wanted to play it low key i'd support a damn chess team. Nah son, ball out for your boys or go back to the hen house. #MericasTeam

Nah! you need to learn to sandbag...

Look at me. All this time I've refused to mention that Dez Bryant would be our 8th best receiver or that Zeke Elliott with be our 4th best rusher.

I've done my best to lure you into a false sense of security.

Lorne_Malvo
September 1st, 2017, 03:52 PM
Are you still here? Why? I thought trolls live under bridges Because my opinion is worth exactly what yours is that's why. If you dont like it, just hit that X in the upper right.

milleniumkat
September 1st, 2017, 04:00 PM

Look at me. All this time I've refused to mention that Dez Bryant would be our 8th best receiver or that Zeke Elliott with be our 4th best rusher.

Bahahah! Yesssir!! You durty durty bastard!! Less Go!!

milleniumkat
September 1st, 2017, 04:02 PM
I've never hugged anyone from Virginia before. Where y'all at? All I see is Orange.

JSUSoutherner
September 1st, 2017, 04:12 PM

Yeah well Roc Thomas could easily be the starter for the Falcons, Cardinals, and Steelers.

The Pud
September 1st, 2017, 04:14 PM
Us Sammy fans are proud, nothing wrong with that. Even if we get blown out every December there are a bunch of programs that never get to play football in December. Nuff Said The Pod is cool!

milleniumkat
September 1st, 2017, 04:14 PM
Yeah well Roc Thomas could easily be the starter for the Falcons, Cardinals, and Steelers.

In the CFL?

milleniumkat
September 1st, 2017, 04:19 PM
Us Sammy fans are proud, nothing wrong with that. Even if we get blown out every December there are a bunch of programs that never get to play football in December. Nuff Said The Pod is cool!

These fools treat this stuff like it's politics like the free world depends on it. lolllol

come on man, this is 4th tier college football. "Why so serious?"...Heath Ledger(Joker)(The Dark Knight)..it's a movie. fyi.

Let's stir it up hard like some fire ants!

#EatEmUp Kats!! #MericasTeam

The Pud
September 1st, 2017, 04:32 PM
These fools treat this stuff like it's politics like the free world depends on it. lolllol

come on man, this is 4th tier college football. "Why so serious?"...Heath Ledger(Joker)(The Dark Knight)..it's a movie. fyi.

Let's stir it up hard like some fire ants!

#EatEmUp Kats!! #MericasTeam

+7

#Mericas Team
#Sammy
#ThePod

milleniumkat
September 1st, 2017, 05:23 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170901/5f35e114f0062f79e855380285486380.jpg

This the only Richmond dude i see and that MF is lost AF. lol

The Pud
September 1st, 2017, 05:39 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170901/5f35e114f0062f79e855380285486380.jpg

This the only Richmond dude i see and that MF is lost AF. lol

Poor man.

knit35
September 1st, 2017, 05:48 PM
Good Luck to both teams. Bring us a good game

milleniumkat
September 1st, 2017, 05:53 PM
Good Luck to both teams. Bring us a good game

Will do ..I hope.

Serpentor
September 1st, 2017, 05:56 PM
It's almost time. Let's go Kats!

The Pud
September 1st, 2017, 06:03 PM
PJ Hall not playing. smh

Schism55
September 1st, 2017, 06:05 PM
Let's go Spiders!
PJ Hall suspended?

Serpentor
September 1st, 2017, 06:07 PM
Let's go Spiders!
PJ Hall suspended?

Yup. I've known for the last few weeks, too. Didn't want to make a big deal about it.

Schism55
September 1st, 2017, 06:09 PM
Yup. I've known for the last few weeks, too. Didn't want to make a big deal about it.
Well look at you secret sally

Lorne_Malvo
September 1st, 2017, 06:11 PM
I remember my first day as a football camera man. Terrible.

BNATION
September 1st, 2017, 06:16 PM
90 yards in two plays. Man we suck...

DTSpider
September 1st, 2017, 06:17 PM
Ugh. One team showed up. The other looks like they are lost.

milleniumkat
September 1st, 2017, 06:19 PM
Damn. Should be 14-0. Can't give this team chances. But Spider D with hands on the hips already.

Schism55
September 1st, 2017, 06:20 PM
Get it together cameramen ffs.
Nice hold by Richmond D.

POD Knows
September 1st, 2017, 06:23 PM
Horrible production values. Almost unwatchable. Get it together TV crew. JFC

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2017, 06:25 PM

This. Its brutal.

POD Knows
September 1st, 2017, 06:28 PM
This. Its brutal.If they are so freaking hopeless, just use the mid field camera and forget about all of these stupid closeups and sideline shots they are doing. We could do a better job with our cell phones.

Serpentor
September 1st, 2017, 06:30 PM

Speaking of poor production, the measuring chain just broke...

DTSpider
Maybe Baylor could have donated better Refs and cameramen

jmufan999
my god. are they SERIOUSLY playing the ESPN3 feed IN the stadium? this is atrocious

BNATION
September 1st, 2017, 06:31 PM
Who is announcing?

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2017, 06:32 PM
Who is announcing?

No idea. It must be a Southland broadcast.

DirtyDukes
Sam Houston still can't tackle - how do you not put Lauletta into the ground when you have him dead to rights

BisonFan02
Haha! Hot mic time!

caribbeanhen
September 1st, 2017, 06:33 PM
Who is announcing?

Jimeny Cricket....

POD Knows
September 1st, 2017, 06:33 PM
Haha! Hot mic time!Missed it, what happened. had to take the dog out for a piss.

BNATION
September 1st, 2017, 06:35 PM
Pick. Should have knelt. But we like long fields. ;)

BisonFan02
Missed it, what happened. had to take the dog out for a piss.

Not much.....main announcer with a slight bitch about not knowing when they were going to break...and immediately came back. I anticipated bitching and it was radio silence. xlolx

caribbeanhen
was that the eclipse again... haha

BNATION
September 1st, 2017, 06:38 PM
O looks good as usual. Need to finish in red zone. Defense needs to get a pass rush. Hall out hurts our pressure.

JSUSoutherner
September 1st, 2017, 06:38 PM
Richmond defense looks like it's moving in slow motion.

caribbeanhen
September 1st, 2017, 06:39 PM
Richmond defense looks like it's moving in slow motion.

that would be southrn speed

Serpentor
September 1st, 2017, 06:40 PM
I hope the Richmond player recovers... that was a bad blow.

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2017, 06:40 PM
that would be southrn speed

Where's the northern border of "southern speed" or is it a conference thing? xlolx

BNATION
September 1st, 2017, 06:41 PM
Most of your fast guys have been from down here ;)

Where's the northern border of "southern speed" or is it a conference thing? xlolx

caribbeanhen
September 1st, 2017, 06:42 PM
I hope the Richmond player recovers... that was a bad blow.

doesn't look good, injuries the part of the game that sucks

milleniumkat
September 1st, 2017, 06:43 PM
man that dudes arm tho. Geez. Hope he's ok long term. That looks bad

JSUSoutherner
Time to drive 2.5 hours home. Someone let me know if Richmond decides to show up.

DTSpider
Definitely doesn't look good. Hopefully it's not as bad as it looks

knit35
Missed the injury. What happened. Explosive early from the Kats. Richmond looks asleep

BisonFan02
Most of your fast guys have been from down here ;)

Like who? xdrunkyx

#MinnesOOOOOOta

Serpentor
September 1st, 2017, 06:44 PM
I hate to see someone taken off the field on a stretcher... I hope he can be back later in the season for you guys.

caribbeanhen
September 1st, 2017, 06:44 PM

south of Dakota for sure

Serpentor
September 1st, 2017, 06:45 PM
Missed the injury. What happened. Explosive early from the Kats. Richmond looks asleep

Bad arm injury, hit the field rough following a block.

BNATION
September 1st, 2017, 06:45 PM
Love that

knit35
September 1st, 2017, 06:46 PM
Hope he is ok and recovers fast

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2017, 06:47 PM
Looked like he was moving his fingers on the bad arm...so who knows maybe.

knit35
September 1st, 2017, 06:47 PM
Cameraman has been sippin on some bourbon it seems

milleniumkat
September 1st, 2017, 06:48 PM
Can't seem to put our foot on these spiders. should be 21-0

BNATION
September 1st, 2017, 06:49 PM
Completely outplaying the spiders. Don't need to keep them around like we are.

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2017, 06:49 PM
Can't seem to put our foot on these spiders. should be 21-0

A lot of "coulda, shoulda" with the SHSU football program.

Lorne_Malvo
September 1st, 2017, 06:50 PM
Can't seem to put our foot on these spiders. should be 21-0 Really, didnt you get a pick in your own endzone? 21-7 maybe.

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2017, 06:55 PM
More quality camera work on that missed XP.

DTSpider
September 1st, 2017, 06:55 PM
Hard to tell, but was that a missed XP? Both teams shooting themselves in the foot. Sloppy first game.

Lorne_Malvo
September 1st, 2017, 06:56 PM
The camera mans previous job: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBu9nAOlRRE

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2017, 06:57 PM
Hard to tell, but was that a missed XP? Both teams shooting themselves in the foot. Sloppy first game.

Missed according to officials...Southland coverage has it on the scoreboard, but that's not accurate.

caribbeanhen
September 1st, 2017, 06:57 PM
the Richmond D has bigger gaps than Charlotte's Web

milleniumkat
September 1st, 2017, 06:58 PM
New ball game. Can't let the road team hang around. Gotta get em soon or it could be no bueno. (That's french)

BNATION
September 1st, 2017, 06:58 PM
221 yards to 133 and tie game. Kats about to break this open.

milleniumkat
September 1st, 2017, 07:00 PM
Did....they just let Frisco Briscoe run for a 60 yard TD???

WTF does that??

BNATION
September 1st, 2017, 07:02 PM
Hahaha. Mystic

caribbeanhen
the Richmond D has bigger gaps than Charlotte's Web

like I was saying

DTSpider
True freshman blitzed the wrong gap - ouch.

milleniumkat
Damn it. I don't have enough battery for this game. lol.

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2017, 07:03 PM
Replays with these camera angles? Get real. xlolx

jmufan999
September 1st, 2017, 07:04 PM
maybe we can use both Soft Houston and.... Soft-mond?

caribbeanhen
off sides?

BisonFan02
Saw that duck even with the bad camera.

Serpentor
September 1st, 2017, 07:05 PM
I guess extra points are optional this game.

BNATION
September 1st, 2017, 07:07 PM
Big stop. Need 7 more real quick.

gokats85
September 1st, 2017, 07:07 PM
More quality camera work on that missed XP.

It's "kwality". Get it right! xlolx

BNATION
September 1st, 2017, 07:08 PM
Or 9

DirtyDukes
September 1st, 2017, 07:09 PM
Both these teams would lose to Rhode Island

BisonFan02
WTF is happening? xlolx

jmufan999
everything about this game is ugly

caribbeanhen
thats one way to get the 2 xpts back

Serpentor
Now Kats get a safety? What a wacky game!

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2017, 07:10 PM
Another fine showcase of FCS football. :D

DTSpider
Can we leave our special teams coach in Texas? Serisouoy - don't get back on the plane. 6 years of this garbage

Serpentor
Both these teams would lose to Rhode Island

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkQ5oARNxLU

BNATION
Not sure I follow we have done whatever we wanted on offense and they have only hit one play on a deep ball. We look much stronger.

everything about this game is ugly

Kemo
September 1st, 2017, 07:13 PM
I turned this game on and the first play I see is Briscoe running 40+ yards for a TD...

...then a blocked extra point...

...then a "whoops" on a snap to the punter that should have been a TD for SHSU but ended up being a safety.

Fun game so far.

jmufan999
September 1st, 2017, 07:16 PM
i recognize those gaps!!!!!

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2017, 07:18 PM

Setting defense back a decade.

BNATION
September 1st, 2017, 07:19 PM
So do I. Dammit.

jmufan999
Setting defense back a decade.

as a Bison fan, how difficult is this to watch for you?

- - - Updated - - -

wow. isn't that guy supposed to be an All-American?

caribbeanhen
Sammy D finding that playoff ryhthm

DTSpider
September 1st, 2017, 07:20 PM
All American kicker curse!

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2017, 07:20 PM
as a Bison fan, how difficult is this to watch for you?

- - - Updated - - -

wow. isn't that guy supposed to be an All-American?

Brutal.......

Why is Richmond kicking anyway? Play to win.

jmufan999
September 1st, 2017, 07:21 PM
Brutal.......

Why is Richmond kicking anyway? Play to win.

i thought the same thing. the holder looked REALLY shaky on the PAT miss, so i was saying (to the TV) that they should go for it on 4th. the TV never listens to me.

Lorne_Malvo
September 1st, 2017, 07:22 PM
What a clusterf#&@. I am so happy this is only ESPN3.

BisonFan02
Lame PI call.

jmufan999
wow that call was a joke

Schism55
September 1st, 2017, 07:23 PM
wow that call was a joke
Awful, wtf

Lorne_Malvo
September 1st, 2017, 07:24 PM
wow that call was a joke Matches the camerawork, officiating, production, announcers and both teams. Its the "theme" apparently.

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2017, 07:24 PM
Incomplete? Neato....no cameras to overturn that call.

Kemo
September 1st, 2017, 07:25 PM
Was the official hallucinating? What did he possibly see that warranted pass interference.

Plus, the official who threw the flag wasn't even close to the play.

jmufan999
September 1st, 2017, 07:27 PM
ok Louis is pretty insane. penalty aside, that was sick.

BisonFan02
Wow..............................

DTSpider
Ugh - #3 being targeted

milleniumkat
September 1st, 2017, 07:28 PM
Call that "Stiff arm to the face" play again.

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2017, 07:28 PM
Where was the hold on the INT?

jmufan999
September 1st, 2017, 07:29 PM
SHSU really giving the gameplan on how to beat the Ticks (appreciate that, fellas)

Lorne_Malvo
Ok the camera work is just making me laugh out loud now.

BisonFan02
I'll watch one more drive, then I'm turning it off. I can't get over the production.

BNATION
September 1st, 2017, 07:30 PM
Wish I could see it. It's a nice evening here in the stands.

The Pud
September 1st, 2017, 07:32 PM
Kats looking really good!

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2017, 07:33 PM
Kats looking really good!

I'm going to respectfully disagree. xlolx

jmufan999
September 1st, 2017, 07:33 PM
these defenses are mind blowing.

- - - Updated - - -

note that i posted this BEFORE that TD.

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2017, 07:34 PM

Its borderline ****ing pathetic.

BNATION
Didnt yall give up like 43 to them last year????

- - - Updated - - -

note that i posted this BEFORE that TD.

kdinva
great response by UR.......game ain't over yet.....

The Pud
September 1st, 2017, 07:35 PM

hahahahahaha!!!

BisonFan02
579 yards.......

The Pud
579 yards.......

wow!

caribbeanhen
September 1st, 2017, 07:36 PM
Sammy D finding that playoff ryhthm

I think we got a top 10 hit forming up here,,,,

BisonFan02
wow!

Yeah....wow is right... xlolx

Kemo
I'm seriously getting motion sickness from the camera work in this game.

jmufan999

yes, and their all time leading WR in school history who you're not facing and you're STILL giving up huge plays.

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2017, 07:37 PM
I'm seriously getting motion sickness from the camera work in this game.

I won't make it....thankfully I don't drink anymore.

The Pud
September 1st, 2017, 07:37 PM
I think we got a top 10 hit forming up here,,,,

sounds like someone is jealous

kdinva
September 1st, 2017, 07:39 PM
that didn't take long....

BNATION
September 1st, 2017, 07:40 PM
Did he have 579 yards all by himself????

yes, and their all time leading WR in school history who you're not facing and you're STILL giving up huge plays.

BisonFan02
...............woof.

Schism55
Another missed kick, lol

milleniumkat

Excuses.

The Pud
JB with the LASER pass!!! TD Sammy

phoenix3
Looks like a NBA game. No D.

milleniumkat
September 1st, 2017, 07:41 PM
Guys good QBs make good plays. that's what they. **** y'all are retarded. lol.

BisonFan02
Richmond just needs another wet paper bag TD and they get the ball to start the second half.

Kemo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4eVHjTkdjg

lionsrking2
September 1st, 2017, 07:43 PM
Looks like a NBA game.

in the 1960s.

milleniumkat
We should have 40 points.

jmufan999
Excuses.

WE BEAT YOU 65-7, so i'm not sure you want to say s**t to a JMU fan.

DTSpider
September 1st, 2017, 07:44 PM
Might as well just go ahead and mark down SHSU for 33 points

milleniumkat
September 1st, 2017, 07:44 PM
Too many damn mistakes.

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2017, 07:45 PM
in the 1960s.

Production quality would have been better.

The Pud
WE BEAT YOU 65-7, so i'm not sure you want to say s**t to a JMU fan.

last year...... yawns

milleniumkat
aaaaaand that's what happens. too many chances.

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2017, 07:46 PM
Richmond just needs another wet paper bag TD and they get the ball to start the second half.

Bump. xlolx

milleniumkat
September 1st, 2017, 07:47 PM
New OC play calling sucks.

BisonFan02

No...your defense does.

DirtyDukes

Just keeping this around, no reason

jmufan999
September 1st, 2017, 07:48 PM

it's the air raid, you don't even have that many plays. what do you want to see done differently? i'd be yelling at your DC if i were you.

The Pud
September 1st, 2017, 07:48 PM
No...your defense does.

+8

ElCid
September 1st, 2017, 07:49 PM
Who is announcing?

They are terrible. I am going to mute it.

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2017, 07:50 PM
What a ****ing joke. xlolx

Schism55
This game is hilarious xdrunkyx

Prime Power
LOL.....these defenses are pathetic.

jmufan999
i really think both defenses are bad (surprised at how bad Richmond is), but Sammy just has better athletes on the outside. that's going to be why they win.

milleniumkat
43 points to the same team. Facts. Bye Bye.

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2017, 07:51 PM
If Richmond scores a TD before half...I'm shutting it off.

DTSpider
So with 1:28 left both teams have time to each score 2 more TDs?

milleniumkat
it's the air raid, you don't even have that many plays. what do you want to see done differently? i'd be yelling at your DC if i were you.

D.C. is fine. Lauletta is damn good. They ain't running it on us. so STFu. Y'all gave up 43 to the same team.

And besides, i'm taking about situational calling. But that's too advanced for you i see.

Lorne_Malvo
September 1st, 2017, 07:52 PM
If Richmond scores a TD before half...I'm shutting it off. Its like a car wreck.... I have to watch.

caribbeanhen
Production quality would have been better.

no, they only had 2 games on TV on Saturday afternoon in the 60's, now you got ESPN3 crews all over the country and this one proves that....

Kemo
If Richmond scores a TD before half...I'm shutting it off.

You're already past due if I recall from a previous post :D

jmufan999
D.C. is fine. Lauletta is damn good. They ain't running it on us. so STFu. Y'all gave up 43 to the same team.

And besides, i'm taking about situational calling. But that's too advanced for you i see.

my god, you're an idiot.

BisonFan02

They could if they wanted to.

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2017, 07:53 PM
You're already past due if I recall from a previous post :D

I am, but this is like watching a car wreck.

DTSpider
That could have been 6 right there. Darn

milleniumkat
Well...how about good special teams?!!!!! EFF YOU!!

BNATION
September 1st, 2017, 07:54 PM
41 points before half on a team that will probably finish second in your "holy grail" of a conference.

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2017, 07:55 PM
Yup, I'm done. xlolx

Lorne_Malvo
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH this is tragic.

Schism55
Holy **** Richmond xeyebrowx

milleniumkat
41 points before half on a team that will probably finish second in your "holy grail" of a conference.

Could be 55-60

kdinva
lousy TV coverage, sammy with the heat, block punt

jmufan999

you know that we hate Richmond... right? you can put 100 on them, we don't care. you're not going to win a national title, anyway.

DTSpider
September 1st, 2017, 07:56 PM
Worst part is there is still time for SHSU to score again

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2017, 07:56 PM
you know that we hate Richmond... right? you can put 100 on them, we don't care. you're not going to win a national title, anyway.

They'll run through their conference....get an over-inflated seed....and get blown off in the quarters or semis.

Serpentor
September 1st, 2017, 07:57 PM
Man, what a wacky, wacky game. Okay, 41-20 Kats!

jmufan999
September 1st, 2017, 07:58 PM
They'll run through their conference....get an over-inflated seed....and get blown off in the quarters or semis.

and you and i both know about that awful grass in Frisco, if they were to make it far.... it is NOT made for a speed team. it's made for smash mouth teams. i haven't seen that many players slipping around in a long time.

Lorne_Malvo
September 1st, 2017, 07:59 PM
and you and i both know about that awful grass in Frisco, if they were to make it far.... it is NOT made for a speed team. it's made for smash mouth teams. i haven't seen that many players slipping around in a long time. Neither of these teams make it past the 1/4's even with the easiest schedules imaginable.

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2017, 07:59 PM
and you and i both know about that awful grass in Frisco, if they were to make it far.... it is NOT made for a speed team. it's made for smash mouth teams. i haven't seen that many players slipping around in a long time.

Its not made for any team....didn't help a run happy Towson against NDSU either.

milleniumkat
September 1st, 2017, 08:01 PM
SHSU best defensive player not in the game or stadium. Not happy with the lack of pressure but Spiders have a damn good OL

jmufan999
Its not made for any team....didn't help a run happy Towson against NDSU either.

true, but that was two smash mouth teams. the difference was you were far better. i seriously think it makes for a much lower quality of game. just my opinion.

McNeese75
Damn, I have NEVER heard so many whiny bitches complaining about the TV coverage.

kdinva
September 1st, 2017, 08:02 PM
that TV announcer is absolutely lousy.......three yards from the stick, he's hollering "first down, stop the clock"

Lorne_Malvo
September 1st, 2017, 08:02 PM
Not happy with the lack of pressure but Spiders have a damn good OL Are you on drugs?

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2017, 08:04 PM
Time to watch Narcos on Netflix.

McNeese75
September 1st, 2017, 08:06 PM
Oh Damn, I forgot about that xthumbsupx

The Pud
September 1st, 2017, 08:08 PM
my god, you're an idiot.

sounds like someone is afraid of the Kats this year. Hahahaha

BNATION
September 1st, 2017, 08:08 PM
Man y'all have some type of a hard on for downing Sammy. We could put up 70 and they could beat JMU and y'all would still say we are garbage. Very difficult to win a Natty. All we have done is win more playoff games, not conference, playoff games in the last seven years than everyone on this thread except the Bison. Just shut up and enjoy the O.

GoDukes11
September 1st, 2017, 08:09 PM
sounds like someone is afraid of the Kats this year. Hahahaha

hahahahahaha that's hilarious

DTSpider
September 1st, 2017, 08:10 PM
Talk about generous - didn't realize Richmond agreed to leave the defense at home when the game got rescheduled