PDA

View Full Version : SHSU Vs Richmond Game Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

cx500d
August 24th, 2017, 12:52 PM
Since you mentioned Dallas... How about we move the game to Frisco? Shouldn't that area be less affected by the weather?

I'm all for that. Weather will be no factor here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonTru
August 24th, 2017, 12:52 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't either. Oh no wait am minute, I do count two other ones I guess.:D

Not a stadium.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 24th, 2017, 12:54 PM
That is when Sam was finally relevant. There was FCS before Fritz boys. There was also 17 people at Bowers for games, at least we are up to 50 people now!!!

Hell, I been following SHSU longer than these boys! I remember McCown fairly well. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
August 24th, 2017, 12:56 PM
Not a stadium.

I do not trust Fargodomers on this matter.

Nickels
August 24th, 2017, 01:02 PM
That is when Sam was finally relevant.
:D Oh was it? That's quite a coincidence.

BNATION
August 24th, 2017, 01:05 PM
In all honesty FCS was pretty irrelavant on a national scale prior to 2007-9. The caliber and exposure that FCS schools get now is unparalleled and good FCS teams can step right into the weaker FBS conferences and compete right away. So there was a lot of truth to what has been said. as much as i hate to say it NDSU has done alot for FCS football.

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 01:09 PM
That is when Sam was finally relevant. There was FCS before Fritz boys. There was also 17 people at Bowers for games, at least we are up to 50 people now!!!

Now you get it lmao

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 01:09 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't either. Oh no wait am minute, I do count two other ones I guess.:D

bahahah!

bluehenbillk
August 24th, 2017, 01:21 PM
Supposedly SHSU & UR administrators are talking today regarding Sunday's game & the dire forecast. In more important news, if you lost the Powerball drawing make your money back this weekend & bet the under in this game!!!

URMite
August 24th, 2017, 01:21 PM
I don't count any championships prior to 2011, PreNDSU. That was a different day and age. But that's just me.
That is funny, I only count championships from 2003-2009. That is why I think the CAA is so good.

Sammy94
August 24th, 2017, 01:25 PM
Supposedly SHSU & UR administrators are talking today regarding Sunday's game & the dire forecast. In more important news, if you lost the Powerball drawing make your money back this weekend & bet the under in this game!!!

Could be another losing bet, the game will probably be played Thur or next Sat.

Matt
August 24th, 2017, 01:26 PM
I would argue that App State beating Michigan/3-peating with Armanti Edwards was the start of the FCS getting proper attention. But i guess its all just opinion

BNATION
August 24th, 2017, 01:35 PM
Sure, but top to bottom this class of football is not only better, but leagues better than 10 years ago.

I would argue that App State beating Michigan/3-peating with Armanti Edwards was the start of the FCS getting proper attention. But i guess its all just opinion

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 01:35 PM
Here's my thought on the TV situation:

The game was originally scheduled for 8/31 with no special TV arrangement. ESPN swooped in and caused all this. literally, this is the fault of both schools bowing to ESpN $$$ and i don't blame them. But..

Since neither team originally signed on for this game. thinking TV cash was coming, i say both sides say eff this and jus move it.

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 01:36 PM
Hell, I been following SHSU longer than these boys! I remember McCown fairly well. xlolx

Do you remember Chad Schramek? I thought not. I gottcha!

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 01:37 PM
That is funny, I only count championships from 2003-2009. That is why I think the CAA is so good.

I can't argue with that logic!

URMite
August 24th, 2017, 02:11 PM
How was the weather in Williamsburg, 10/8/2005?

That seemed to be one of the Monsoon games. Am I right, UNH?

bluehenbillk
August 24th, 2017, 02:41 PM
Could be another losing bet, the game will probably be played Thur or next Sat.

Sam plays the following Thursday night - highly unlikely they'd play next Saturday & miss the national TV audience.

Lorne_Malvo
August 24th, 2017, 02:48 PM
SHSU will cancel the game. They don't want the L anyway. Its the easy way out for them.

TheEagleSHSU
August 24th, 2017, 02:49 PM
I believe those pics are just your septic tanks backing up.

SHSU and the City of Huntsville made drastic changes to the drainage around that area and specifically that area last year. It does not flood like that any longer.

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 03:01 PM
SHSU will cancel the game. They don't want the L anyway. Its the easy way out for them.

For sure.

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 03:02 PM
i would be absolutely shocked an appalled if the game is cancelled completely. That seems to be beyond comprehension imho. there are plenty of options to move it and plenty of time prior to game two for both.

Lorne_Malvo
August 24th, 2017, 03:26 PM
i would be absolutely shocked an appalled if the game is cancelled completely. That seems to be beyond comprehension imho. there are plenty of options to move it and plenty of time prior to game two for both. Moving it back to the 31st would seem to be the logical choice.

SFspidur
August 24th, 2017, 03:27 PM
Joint press release from SHSU and UR...no decision yet, but they're discussing plans. Obviously.

http://richmondspiders.com/news/2017/8/24/statement-on-richmond-sam-houston-state-football-game.aspx

Sammy94
August 24th, 2017, 03:28 PM

xeyebrowx

That's it. We sure don't need the SOS help of Richmond after last year.

Winston
August 24th, 2017, 03:43 PM
With expected flooding and storm damage, IMHO, they will cancel the game.

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 04:10 PM
i'm hearing from some sources that officials are expecting damage in the south texas and south west areas of houston to be "devastating". i sure hope that is wrong.

Schism55
August 24th, 2017, 04:48 PM
Selfishly I hope this game goes off as planned.
Stay safe down there everyone.

kdinva
August 24th, 2017, 05:05 PM
Joint press release from SHSU and UR...no decision yet, but they're discussing plans. Obviously.

http://richmondspiders.com/news/2017/8/24/statement-on-richmond-sam-houston-state-football-game.aspx

would Thursday the 31st be an option? Need to decide before UR gets on the plane...

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 05:16 PM
would Thursday the 31st be an option? Need to decide before UR gets on the plane...

seems like it would be. Problem now is that it appears that the system will be tracking back across the coast and hanging around until tuesday.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170824/f1fe41fb180fe506e0d2434a5178e3e8.jpg

It's a double edged sword. On the one hand it would mean lessened impact on Huntsville but Houston are far worse. COULD.

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 05:19 PM
Houston would get constant storm rains for 4-5 days. That's not good

Daytripper
August 24th, 2017, 07:02 PM
Houston would get constant storm rains for 4-5 days. That's not good

Correct. It is almost all concrete.

Nickels
August 24th, 2017, 07:13 PM
Correct. It is almost all concrete, signs and stupid people.
FIFY

a while ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLM-EvVKhkc&feature=youtu.be

BNATION
August 24th, 2017, 07:29 PM
Man pretty bummed this game most likely doesn't get played Sunday. I had a spectacular hangover planned for Monday.

LuckyKat
August 24th, 2017, 07:35 PM
https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder370/56869370.jpg

alvin.kmiec
August 24th, 2017, 08:07 PM
By this from the national weather service the storm will be east of Galveston. So most of the bad weather will be east of Huntsville by game time. This might be what the schools are looking at.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170825/49e9949f61e8ab3fc6f537f0be7caf8f.jpg

cx500d
August 24th, 2017, 08:10 PM
https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder370/56869370.jpg

Good post....

Nickels
August 24th, 2017, 08:13 PM
By this from the national weather service the storm will be east of Galveston. So most of the bad weather will be east of Huntsville by game time. This might be what the schools are looking at.

Not sure what you're looking at. That graph shows what time tropical force winds start, at earliest. The rains will certainly be heavy on Sunday evening in Huntsville. Sunday looks to be the worst.

melloware13
NWS forecast for Huntsville is "Tropical Storm Conditions Possible" between Saturday and Monday Night.

BNATION
Lets ss hope they get it in.

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 24th, 2017, 08:23 PM
Any consideration of playing this game at Sammy on Sunday is pretty dopey at this point.

Richmond doesn't need this game. We have meat on the bone with the rest of the schedule. Sam doesn't. They need this more than we do. Richmind shouldn't go all planes trains and automobiles and get ourselves behind the 8 ball with a trip to Colgate the following week.

Winston
August 24th, 2017, 08:33 PM
This game will be canceled

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 24th, 2017, 08:36 PM

I tend to agree.

Winston
August 24th, 2017, 08:38 PM
Nothing else makes sense at this point.

Professor Chaos
August 24th, 2017, 08:40 PM

I tend to agree.
Why? I don't understand Richmond's lack of motivation to reschedule. Both schools have the next weeked off. Sure, Sam needs this game more but the game helps Richmond down the road as well. Playing a 10 game schedule is not going to help you especially if you finish 6-4 or 7-3. Plus what are the implications on the return game if this one is cancelled?

cx500d
August 24th, 2017, 08:43 PM
Any consideration of playing this game at Sammy on Sunday is pretty dopey at this point.

Richmond doesn't need this game. We have meat on the bone with the rest of the schedule. Sam doesn't. They need this more than we do. Richmind shouldn't go all planes trains and automobiles and get ourselves behind the 8 ball with a trip to Colgate the following week.

Make Sammy be the quitters....you are taking their bait.

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 24th, 2017, 08:47 PM
Why? I don't understand Richmond's lack of motivation to reschedule. Both schools have the next weeked off. Sure, Sam needs this game more but the game helps Richmond down the road as well. Playing a 10 game schedule is not going to help you especially if you finish 6-4 or 7-3. Plus what are the implications on the return game if this one is cancelled?

There is no return game. Playing a 10 game schedule is less risky than travelling into a category 3 hurricane and then getting ourselves all effed up on another trip to a sturdy Colgate team on the 9th.

Winston
What if the game was moved to Richmond? SHSU would have to travel back on Monday. If the game was played at SHSU the same is true for richmond.

BigHouseClosedEnd
Make Sammy be the quitters....you are taking their bait.

By not doing the sensible thing and moving the game up here, they already did.

cx500d
August 24th, 2017, 08:49 PM
There is no return game. Playing a 10 game schedule is less risky than travelling into a category 3 hurricane and then getting ourselves all effed up on another trip to a sturdy Colgate team on the 9th.

Here you are getting bitchslapped by the Kats....

https://media1.giphy.com/media/FBYKU4iWLo7mw/200.webp#12-grid1

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 24th, 2017, 08:54 PM
If by "getting bitchslapped" you mean "allowing them to go 10-0, beat nobody along the way, and then flame out in the playoffs again", I guess I can buy in to what you're saying.

Professor Chaos
August 24th, 2017, 08:56 PM
Really? I thought it was a H&H. Why did Richmond agree to this in the first place then? I would think they have the clout as a program to demand a H&H or say no bueno.

That said if it was agreed to they should hold to their end of the bargain. If there's any travel danger whatsoever I'm sure they won't play the game as previously scheduled. I just don't see why Richmond would be so against moving it back a weekend (or until next Thursday). And quit trying to use Colgate as an excuse, that holds no water if Richmond is the top 10 team most rankings have them pegged as right now.

Daytripper
August 24th, 2017, 08:59 PM
If by "getting bitchslapped" you mean "allowing them to go 10-0, beat nobody along the way, and then flame out in the playoffs again", I guess I can buy in to what you're saying.

Every playoff team except one flames out in the playoffs. Are you DirtyDukes in disguise? JFC.

cx500d
August 24th, 2017, 08:59 PM

The critter the Kat is bitchslapping was not chosen arbitrarily....

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 24th, 2017, 09:03 PM
Look at all the headlines on drudge right now. Rescheduling to football game for Thursday would be dopey at this point. What do we do, wait around for flood reports on Monday or Tuesday to determine if we fly out for a Thursday game? This is some dopey crap. It's august.

And ask Keeler why no H&H. We needed a game when BC bought us out and didn't want to play a pushover.

There are some real knuckle draggers on this thread.

cx500d
August 24th, 2017, 09:05 PM
Look at all the headlines on drudge right now. Rescheduling to football game for Thursday would be dopey at this point. What do we do, wait around for flood reports on Monday or Tuesday to determine if we fly out for a Thursday game? This is some dopey crap. It's august.

And ask Keeler why no H&H. We needed a game when BC bought us out and didn't want to play a pushover.

What a crisis...I guess this is the first time we've had a hurricane during football season.

32counter
August 24th, 2017, 09:11 PM
Really? I thought it was a H&H. Why did Richmond agree to this in the first place then? I would think they have the clout as a program to demand a H&H or say no bueno.

That said if it was agreed to they should hold to their end of the bargain. If there's any travel danger whatsoever I'm sure they won't play the game as previously scheduled. I just don't see why Richmond would be so against moving it back a weekend (or until next Thursday). And quit trying to use Colgate as an excuse, that holds no water if Richmond is the top 10 team most rankings have them pegged as right now.

Easy,girlie boy chaos.

BigHouseClosedEnd
I think it's time for me to offer Kats fans luck in avoiding property damage and move on from this thread for a bit.

Professor Chaos

So move it back to Saturday 9/2 then. If your team really needs two weeks to prep for a trip to Colgate then they're not going to have to worry about playing more than 10 games this year anyway. It sounds to me like you're just looking for every excuse possible to get Richmond out of this game.

If Richmond had a game scheduled next weekend and SHSU was trying to get them to move another game around to accomodate this reschedule I could see your beef. That's not the case.

cx500d

Well said...

32counter
August 24th, 2017, 09:35 PM
Maybe we can switch with you and play powerhouse Prarie View while taking an hour bus ride to get there.After the 6 hour round trip flight between RIC and IAH along with 60 mile one way bus ride to Huntsville then take the Thursday 3 hour flight from Richmond to Syracuse and an hour bus ride to get to Hamilton to play Colgate.Bring on Powerhouse Prairie View.We'll keep it under 50 points.

In between all this our kids actually go to classes where they take actual courses
in actual majors with real professors.

We aren't a fly by night glorified high school like new-Ark university.

https://www.princetonreview.com/schools/1022700/college/university-richmond?ceid=best-colleges

https://mobile.twitter.com/RTDjohnoconnor/status/900723234378846209

Nickels
August 24th, 2017, 09:42 PM
Compare our playoff records the last 5 years...Now shut the **** up.

cx500d
August 24th, 2017, 09:44 PM
In between all this our kids actually go to classes where they take actual courses
in actual majors.

Really? I thought Richmond was a liberal arts college

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 09:49 PM

? Your game with colgate is not until the 9th..thursday or even saturday would still leave a week out. How many days do you need to get ready for colgate? I mean i know they are the CAA killer and all, but not against y'all.

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 09:52 PM
So move it back to Saturday 9/2 then. If your team really needs two weeks to prep for a trip to Colgate then they're not going to have to worry about playing more than 10 games this year anyway. It sounds to me like you're just looking for every excuse possible to get Richmond out of this game.

If Richmond had a game scheduled next weekend and SHSU was trying to get them to move another game around to accomodate this reschedule I could see your beef. That's not the case.

Exactly!

32counter
August 24th, 2017, 09:52 PM
? Your game with colgate is not until the 9th..thursday or even saturday would still leave a week out. How many days do you need to get ready for colgate? I mean i know they are the CAA killer and all, but not against y'all.

Bring on powerhouse Prarie View.

Winston
August 24th, 2017, 09:53 PM
Where is dirty dukes, when you need him?

caribbeanhen
August 24th, 2017, 09:53 PM
apparently a few Spiders feelings got squashed when Rocco departed town

Winston
August 24th, 2017, 09:55 PM
It looks like like our equipment truck left a few hours ago. Game on?

32counter
August 24th, 2017, 09:59 PM
apparently a few Spiders feelings got squashed when Rocco departed town

Go read a book,blue chicken.

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 10:03 PM
I was concerned about this game until i heard a couple of Spider fans state that 7-9 days would not be enough to prepare for a 9/9 game vs 2015 CAA Champion Colgate. I'll rest easy if this gets played.

32counter
August 24th, 2017, 10:10 PM
I was concerned about this game until i heard a couple of Spider fans state that 7-9 days would not be enough to prepare for a 9/9 game vs 2015 CAA Champion Colgate. I'll rest easy if this gets played.

bring on powerhouse Prarie View.

BNATION
August 24th, 2017, 10:14 PM
Dont think anyone is argueing that. Funny how you are pegging Colgate as a tough game. If that's the case you guys are in for a treat whenever this game gets played.

Question, with all the smack being talked about SHSU and the Southland, what happens if you lose Sunday. Does that mean your conference is even weaker and more garbage?

bring on powerhouse Prarie View.

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 10:23 PM
zero excuses for this game not being played in some capacity. If i find out that it was my AD that made the game never happen, then i will never let that office live it down.

32counter
August 24th, 2017, 10:26 PM
zero excuses for this game not being played in some capacity. If i find out that it was my AD that made the game never happen, then i will never let that office live it down.

You sound like a really big benefactor.LOL.Listen dope,all the risk effort is on UR
to get there to play in a TS or CAT1.You basically showup. By walking out of dormitories to a field house 100 yards away.Wake up.

Nickels
August 24th, 2017, 10:29 PM
I'm with you MK. We badly need this game for SOS.

Nickels
August 24th, 2017, 10:30 PM
Found that hilarious myself.

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 10:31 PM
You sound like a really big benefactor.LOL.

I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I've got many leather bound books.

Remember, the game was originally 8/31 in the first place. If it got moved to 9/2, that's a two day delay. I mean give me a break. No reason this is even a discussion really.

32counter
August 24th, 2017, 10:34 PM
I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I've got many leather bound books.

Remember, the game was originally 8/31 in the first place. If it got moved to 9/2, that's a two day delay. I mean give me a break. No reason this is even a discussion really.

Leather bound books.I'm impressed.I'm really glad that you think that you are a big deal.

our equipment truck is on the road for its 1,500 mile ride.If we don't play this weekend I don't see us playing.

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 10:54 PM
Leather bound books.I'm impressed.I'm really glad that you think that you are a big deal.

Clearly you don't get the movie reference. My bad.

Panther88
August 24th, 2017, 10:56 PM
Maybe we can switch with you and play powerhouse Prarie View while taking an hour bus ride to get there.After the 6 hour round trip flight between RIC and IAH along with 60 mile one way bus ride to Huntsville then take the Thursday 3 hour flight from Richmond to Syracuse and an hour bus ride to get to Hamilton to play Colgate.Bring on Powerhouse Prairie View.We'll keep it under 50 points.

in actual majors with real professors.

We aren't a fly by night glorified high school like new-Ark university.

https://www.princetonreview.com/schools/1022700/college/university-richmond?ceid=best-colleges

https://mobile.twitter.com/RTDjohnoconnor/status/900723234378846209

32counter, the perfect time to surf near Corpus Christi will be tomorrow morning. Enjoy meeting Harvey. :D

McNeese75
August 24th, 2017, 10:59 PM
32counter, the perfect time to surf near Corpus Christi will be tomorrow morning. Enjoy meeting Harvey. :D

Oh Hellllllllllllllllllll, 88s got him in the cross hairs xlolx

32counter
August 24th, 2017, 11:30 PM
Clearly you don't get the movie reference. My bad.

i do.Clearly.

https://youtu.be/Hzx8KHjQD6c

Nickels
August 25th, 2017, 12:48 AM
This latest path image shows the concern for Huntsville. Many see the initial landing cone (posted at bottom) and think Huntsville wont be affected too much. Not only will Huntsville see a massive amount of moisture on the east side of the storm. This damn thing could sit partly in the ocean and slowly refuel as it heads east. This could be historic for the state. I've seen some models that don't have it moving out of the area until Thursday.

Just dont see how this game will be played, as scheduled, unless it arrives later than predicted and they can squeeze the game in earlier on Sunday...if it's not too extreme at that point. Setting up a dangerous situation getting everyone out of there though.

https://s2.postimg.org/5msqylut5/Harv.jpg

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT09/refresh/AL092017_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind+png/032942_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

We'll see if there are any changes in the morning.

Lorne_Malvo
August 25th, 2017, 02:30 AM
On no! Not moisture! What next, wind?

Thumper 76
August 25th, 2017, 03:14 AM
On no! Not moisture! What next, wind?

Coming from a fan of a dome team, this is the peak of hilarity xlolx

Winston
August 25th, 2017, 05:18 AM
i do.Clearly.

https://youtu.be/Hzx8KHjQD6c
I just don't think he cares.

Winston
August 25th, 2017, 05:22 AM
IMHO, they should shut the school down until Friday.

milleniumkat
August 25th, 2017, 05:46 AM
It's good to know that our nationwide FCS brothers have our backs and have their priorities straight. It's good to know that people have our backs and are concerned for our well being. Not one statement of concern for well being.

To all these smart mouthed internet tough guy chest pounders, i hope your families and communities suffer widespread hardship in the near future. Karma is a bitch. This shows that people on this site really don't give a **** about the people of texas and actually do consider us lesser lifeforms.

I hope your team busses crash, i hope your kids get the plague. I hope you lose your jobs. I hope your wives find comfort in the arms of the lawn care crew. I hope those headaches actually turn out to be aggressive tumors.

Good day.

BNATION
August 25th, 2017, 06:07 AM
Agreed, in the playoff the last six years I've seen first hand how classless, especially the northern teams fans are. 0 respect. As for fans in Virginia, you may be the South but your people act like Yankees. Don't bring your wives to the game, they will get impregnated just by being in close proximity to Real men and will refuse to leave with you.

It's good to know that our nationwide FCS brothers have our backs and have their priorities straight. It's good to know that people have our backs and are concerned for our well being. Not one statement of concern for well being.

To all these smart mouthed internet tough guy chest pounders, i hope your families and communities suffer widespread hardship in the near future. Karma is a bitch. This shows that people on this site really don't give a **** about the people of texas and actually do consider us lesser lifeforms.

I hope your team busses crash, i hope your kids get the plague. I hope you lose your jobs. I hope your wives find comfort in the arms of the lawn care crew. I hope those headaches actually turn out to be aggressive tumors.

Good day.

milleniumkat
August 25th, 2017, 06:14 AM
The bottom line, this is just a football game. I hope everyone that could be affected this weekend take precautions to remain safe. Be well.

BNATION
August 25th, 2017, 06:23 AM
Problem is MK is some of these guys haven't had intercourse in quite some time and all they have is football. I know that's the case in Bison land hahaha. I've worked there. It's terrible.

The bottom line, this is just a football game. I hope everyone that could be affected this weekend take precautions to remain safe. Be well.

Winston
August 25th, 2017, 06:28 AM
IMHO the schools should cancel the game. The risks are too great for all. Our prayers are with you in Texas. Be safe.

Winston
August 25th, 2017, 06:33 AM
In fact, evacuate now. That is the smart thing to do.

Texas
August 25th, 2017, 07:18 AM
Looks like people are forgetting this game is in Huntsville not Houston. Looks like we're rain and that's it. Fly in to Dallas and play the game, unless y'all are scared to get a little wet.

RootinFerDukes
August 25th, 2017, 07:30 AM
As much as I may rib SHSU, I do hope all Texans are safe and steer clear of Hurricane Harvey. Postpone the game to later in the week if it's necessary.

RootinFerDukes
August 25th, 2017, 07:31 AM
IMHO the schools should cancel the game. The risks are too great for all. Our prayers are with you in Texas. Be safe.

Why is a cancellation necessary? Why not a postponement to later? Both teams don't have another game for at least 10 days following.

Postponement isn't even necessary unless Huntsville and the campus is experiencing significant flooding. If it's just heavy rain but it's flowing okay? Play on time.

Hanca
August 25th, 2017, 08:12 AM
Would love to see game played but it seems will be difficult to get staff for stadium and fans to game with possibility of flooding. Leaving could be more of a challenge. Also, Texans deserve to have first responders available for those who get hit by hurricane, wind and water available for emergency situations, not being stationed at stadium, parking lots and traffic control. My hopes that Texans are spared the horrible devastation predicted. Spiders am sure would love to return and host later. Want to see my Spiders play but citizens of Texas deserve full attention of public emergency services.

BEAR
August 25th, 2017, 08:16 AM
I'll be watching this one on ESPNU for sure!

Go Kats...beat the Spatters! xthumbsupx

Nickels
August 25th, 2017, 08:18 AM
Why is a cancellation necessary? Why not a postponement to later? Both teams don't have another game for at least 10 days following.

Postponement isn't even necessary unless Huntsville and the campus is experiencing significant flooding. If it's just heavy rain but it's flowing okay? Play on time.
Completely clueless...

Winston
August 25th, 2017, 08:27 AM
As much as I may rib SHSU, I do hope all Texans are safe and steer clear of Hurricane Harvey. Postpone the game to later in the week if it's necessary.
Some of the areas around Huntsville may experience as much as 40 inches of rain. The last time Virginia experienced that level of rain was Hurricane Camille. Albemarle, Nelson and Fluvanna Counties (around Charlottesville) experienced 24 inches of rain in a 36 hour period. Whole mountains were covered with water, entire families were lost. Who could think water could cover a mountain? Hurricane Harvey could be a CAT-4, before it hits land.

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/newsadvance.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/0/63/0630ed20-474c-11e5-a0d0-0bcb843378a8/55d5ebf46ec26.preview.jpg?resize=933%2C630

RootinFerDukes
August 25th, 2017, 08:39 AM
Any chance it could be moved to richmond? I know logistically that may not be realistic at such a last minute.

mango433
August 25th, 2017, 08:40 AM
Stay safe everyone down there in Texas. It's just a game, other things are much more important. Hopefully the worst predictions are wrong.

RootinFerDukes
August 25th, 2017, 08:44 AM
Sorry, I hadn't realized Harvey had gotten as severe as it has. It's projected to be a Category 3 and the worst storm to hit the US since Katrina in 2005.

UIWWildthing
August 25th, 2017, 09:09 AM
I really hope that the game's postponed at this point. 6-12 foot storm surges and 3 FEET of rain is going to cause a lot of flooding down there, especially low lying areas. (Galveston county may be completely underwater if Harvey hits where he's projected to). Not to mention Harvey is supposed to meander along the Gulf Coast of Texas too for a bit.

Professor Chaos
August 25th, 2017, 09:25 AM

Good day.
Who exactly is this whole thing directed at? I see one dumbass-ish post made by an NDSU fan with 26 posts and all of a sudden everyone wants lowly Texas to be washed away into Caribbean?

Take a step back and take care of your and your loved ones safety. Any decent person would say the same thing and, contrary to popular belief, the vast majority of folks who post on here are decent people.

As for the game given how severe the threat appears to be I'm not sure why it hasn't been postponed already. Even if Huntsville isn't going to get the worst of it I'm sure there's plenty of folks in the SHSU community who have friends and family that are going to get it worse. A football game is pretty trivial in the grand scheme of this mess.

SFspidur
August 25th, 2017, 09:29 AM
Hearing unconfirmed word on our board that the game is being rescheduled, but details still being worked out.

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 25th, 2017, 09:36 AM
Game is off. Update Monday.

JSUSoutherner
August 25th, 2017, 09:42 AM
Man. That's unfortunate although I completely agree and understand why.

Stay safe this weekend, Texas folk.

UIWWildthing
August 25th, 2017, 09:43 AM
Good. Hoping all in the path of Harvey stay safe, and get the hell out if they can.

BEAR
August 25th, 2017, 09:45 AM
Oh man. Best first game of the year. Safety first though! xthumbsupx

JSUSoutherner
August 25th, 2017, 09:54 AM
Oh man. Best first game of the year. Safety first though! xthumbsupx

Best first game of the year? The JSU UTC game didn't get rescheduled?

RootinFerDukes
August 25th, 2017, 09:59 AM
Glad to see it's being rescheduled instead of out-right cancelled. The correct decision was made. Stay safe!

RootinFerDukes
August 25th, 2017, 10:02 AM

that's now the best first game of the year. SHSU and UR was what I was looking forward to more.

KPSUL
August 25th, 2017, 10:04 AM

OK, best Week Zero game EXCEPT if you live in Northeast Alabama or Southeast Tennessee. Better?

JSUSoutherner
August 25th, 2017, 10:09 AM
OK, best Week Zero game if you like watching blowouts rather than a competitive rivalry game.

FIFY.

milleniumkat
August 25th, 2017, 10:13 AM
Looks like the game goes on as scheduled. That's not official.

The Pud
August 25th, 2017, 10:14 AM
FIFY.

seventy

KPSUL
August 25th, 2017, 10:14 AM
FIFY.

Where should I forward the summons for the intellectual property law suit ?

BEAR
August 25th, 2017, 10:18 AM

????????????????????????????

So is the game on or not? xlolx

Matt
August 25th, 2017, 10:26 AM
I havent seen anything official on the spiders site or fb/twitter. Frustrating. I really want this game. Also, this thread reminds me how much some of our fans make me cringe.

JSUSoutherner
August 25th, 2017, 10:29 AM
seventy

You think we hang seventy on them? I wouldn't even be mad.

SFspidur
August 25th, 2017, 10:51 AM
It's official...being rescheduled. Date/time TBA

http://richmondspiders.com/news/2017/8/25/update-on-richmond-sam-houston-state-football-game.aspx

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 25th, 2017, 10:53 AM

Lolz

TheEagleSHSU
August 25th, 2017, 10:59 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170825/211fe8191664e1a62172e1757072c65a.png

CenMEBlackBearFan
August 25th, 2017, 11:04 AM
Stay safe Texas fans, thoughts and prayers are with you guys:)

milleniumkat
August 25th, 2017, 11:04 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170825/d1dcc50c156a3ba1670023793f5dbbd6.jpg

milleniumkat
August 25th, 2017, 11:05 AM
Lolz

Lol. Guess i'll fire that source. hahaha.

milleniumkat
August 25th, 2017, 11:11 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170825/9dcb1daf1bf17fe81ca604783377d833.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170825/fdbce086ef10b4a162593d6edbec27b8.jpg

That's all for now, over.

milleniumkat
August 25th, 2017, 11:14 AM
Huntsville High School will be set up as a shelter following release today

UNIFanSince1983
August 25th, 2017, 11:27 AM
If they don't move this to next weekend they won't play it which would ultimately really hurt SHSU.

BNATION
August 25th, 2017, 11:30 AM
It definately hurts Richmond to. We are a top 5 ranked team.

I'll be watching this one on ESPNU for sure!

Go Kats...beat the Spatters! xthumbsupx

If they don't move this to next weekend they won't play it which would ultimately really hurt SHSU.

RootinFerDukes
August 25th, 2017, 11:32 AM

It hurts UR about 1/5th as much as it hurts SHSU. They don't play in the powder puff conference. Your SOS would take a nose dive.

UNIFanSince1983
August 25th, 2017, 11:33 AM

When you only have 2 OOC games and you don't play one of those and the other one is PVAMU then it does hurt you. Sorry you don't like the truth down there in Huntsville.

Yes the loss of a quality OCC game for Richmond hurts too, but when that is your only legitimate OOC game it hurts SHSU a little more.

Nickels
August 25th, 2017, 11:38 AM
When you only have 2 OOC games and you don't play one of those and the other one is PVAMU then it does hurt you. Sorry you don't like the truth down there in Huntsville.

Yes the loss of a quality OCC game for Richmond hurts too, but when that is your only legitimate OOC game it hurts SHSU a little more.
xlolx You're arguing yet there's not one thing you posted that contradicts his statement. God damn some of you are worse than women. Will argue with a ****ing wall.

Sammy94
August 25th, 2017, 11:39 AM
I have been told (officially) there will be a noon press release with details on the new date and time. The game will be played.

milleniumkat
August 25th, 2017, 11:52 AM

I'm looking forward to my first UNI game on 9/9!! Some teams build domes to avoid thus crap. I look forward to vomiting in or around one of your tailgates.

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 25th, 2017, 11:56 AM
I have been told (officially) there will be a noon press release with details on the new date and time. The game will be played.

Everything i'm hearing up here is referring to rescheduling, as opposed to cancelling, too.

BNATION
August 25th, 2017, 12:17 PM
Inside source says that Thursday is on the table currently. ESPN3

Everything i'm hearing up here is referring to rescheduling, as opposed to cancelling, too.

RootinFerDukes
August 25th, 2017, 12:37 PM
Inside source says that Thursday is on the table currently. ESPN3

Is this the same source that said the game was still on for Sunday. xlolx

BNATION
August 25th, 2017, 12:38 PM
Alot has changed since I made that statement there buddy. You are seriously dense.

milleniumkat
August 25th, 2017, 12:43 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170825/604f1916c11608634cb70c8d53c1f329.jpg

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 25th, 2017, 12:43 PM
God Bless you guys with this storm but Sam State supporters are starting to come across as some real mouth breathers. I'm starting to 'get' where JMU posters are coming from.

Again, good luck with the storm and good luck with everything else you need good luck with, which is probably plenty of things, unfortunately.

Lorne_Malvo
August 25th, 2017, 01:04 PM
The forecast for Huntsville this weekend has a max wind of 14mph and 1-2 inches of rain Saturday and 2-4 Sunday.

milleniumkat
August 25th, 2017, 01:05 PM
God Bless you guys with this storm but Sam State supporters are starting to come across as some real mouth breathers. I'm starting to 'get' where JMU posters are coming from.

Again, good luck with the storm and good luck with everything else you need good luck with, which is probably plenty of things, unfortunately.

If you have a problem with one person, say what you need to say. Don't be passive aggressive and blame the group. Sorry our stress over our homes and wellbeing is annoying to you good southern folks.

Lorne_Malvo
August 25th, 2017, 01:07 PM
If you have a problem with one person, say what you need to say. Don't be passive aggressive and blame the group. Sorry our stress over our homes and wellbeing is annoying to you good southern folks. He is talking directly to you. :) Nobody is wishing anything bad on anyone and most people here are concerned about people in harms way. Quit being such a drama queen.

Nickels
August 25th, 2017, 01:12 PM
If you have a problem with one person, say what you need to say. Don't be passive aggressive and blame the group. Sorry our stress over our homes and wellbeing is annoying to you good southern folks.
They're soft Yankees. The passive aggressiveness falls in line with their emasculated nature. Bunch of whiny ****s.

BNATION
We will let the boys do the talking.

milleniumkat
Well then let him say so, are you his mom?

I honestly thought all the ribbing over the years was just good old sports talk and rivalries. It's pretty clear that the "mouth breathers" are the ones that cant see the real issue involved and show genuine concern. Good thing for social media and screen shots.

Nickels
August 25th, 2017, 01:14 PM
We will let the boys do the talking.
They cant...Need atleast a month to prepare for ****ing Colgate.

BNATION
August 25th, 2017, 01:14 PM
We are mouth breathers, steak eating, beer drinking, steer dogging Texans, who run our house unlike you pantywaists. Don't bring your wives down here. Please.

They're soft Yankees. The passive aggressiveness falls in line with their emasculated nature. Bunch of whiny ****s.

Coogkat15
August 25th, 2017, 01:16 PM

Hey man, at any given time, especially the last couple days, its been any where between 4-6 different SHSU supporters post on AGS at any given time. Comeon, don't lump us all together because of the tongue in cheek comments of a few. That's like me saying that all JMU fans are jerks because of some off-the-cuff comments made towards Sammy by DirtyDuke. Come to Sam for a game or two. We are a young fan base, but generally some pretty cool people to hang with.

Lorne_Malvo
August 25th, 2017, 01:17 PM
Well then let him say so, are you his mom? I honestly thought all the ribbing over the years was just good old sports talk and rivalries. It's pretty clear that the "mouth breathers" are the ones that can see the real issue involved and show genuine concern. Good thing for social media and screen shots. Its obvious that you have been triggered by a brutal microaggression. I recommend retreating to your safe space until the entire world shows you appropriate "genuine concern".

BNATION
August 25th, 2017, 01:21 PM
Good lord guys. This is a half football half smack board. Obviously everyone likes their team and sometimes will defend them against all opinions. That's the point. Talk ****, that's why I'm here. Your all pussys.

Its obvious that you have been triggered by a brutal microaggression. I recommend retreating to your safe space until the entire world shows you appropriate "genuine concern".

Nickels
August 25th, 2017, 01:22 PM
Good lord guys. This is a half football half smack board. Obviously everyone likes their team and sometimes will defend them against all opinions. That's the point. Talk ****, that's why I'm here. Your all pussys.
Exactly. Hilarious how easily they're rustled.

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 25th, 2017, 01:22 PM
Hey man, at any given time, especially the last couple days, its been any where between 4-6 different SHSU supporters post on AGS at any given time. Comeon, don't lump us all together because of the tongue in cheek comments of a few. That's like me saying that all JMU fans are jerks because of some off-the-cuff comments made towards Sammy by DirtyDuke. Come to Sam for a game or two. We are a young fan base, but generally some pretty cool people to hang with.

That's fair. To be clear, i was the one getting ripped on here last night for saying this game will never happen, which i still feel pretty confident will be the reality, unless Keeler is open to changing the venue to somewhere far from Hunstville - see Richmond. Some of the people ripping me probably weren't even Sammy fans.

milleniumkat
August 25th, 2017, 01:23 PM
i've stated all along my concern was for those traveling. I've lived through a ton of these. Those traveling from Richmond who may be unfamiliar with the area was where my mind was. I've been conversing all week with some said travelers via text and DM and have tried to give the safest options and routes that i could think of to provide and help my brothers from VA. Because at least i'm a polite and considerate mouth breather.

Nickels
August 25th, 2017, 01:23 PM
That's fair. To be clear, i was the one getting ripped on here last night for saying this game will never happen, which i still feel pretty confident will be the reality, unless Keeler is open to changing the venue to somewhere far from Hunstville - see Richmond. Some of the people ripping me probably weren't even Sammy fans.
Any breathing being with testicles is going to rip you. Get use to it.

milleniumkat
August 25th, 2017, 01:24 PM
i just hope they get a full two weeks to prepare for Colgate. I heard they may try the forward pass this year. Why would the venue need to be changed? Just need the storm to pass and the venue will be fine.

Sounds like a couple of UR guys really want a home game prior to that clash with Colgate.

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 25th, 2017, 01:26 PM
Any breathing being with testicles is going to rip you. Get use to it.

English please. i don't do tex mex or whatever that is.

BNATION
Just got word the Richmond AD is not comfortable with play here on Thursday. Need more time to prepare for 5-5 Colgate....

Daytripper
Its obvious that you have been triggered by a brutal microaggression. I recommend retreating to your safe space until the entire world shows you appropriate "genuine concern".

Who are you, again?

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 25th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Just got word the Richmond AD is not comfortable with play here on Thursday. Need more time to prepare for 5-5 Colgate....

If we're doing anything down there on Thursday it's probably going to be saving you from your makeshift raft made out of flagpoles and saved gameday programs from Lamar and Abilene Christian conquests past.

Coogkat15
August 25th, 2017, 01:35 PM

Yeah man. If it's as bad as advertised that's a real possibility. But Texans live for football season, and when you are 30 minutes from TAMU, 1 hours of University of Houston and 2 hours from Texas, and even with the recent on the field success still get little to no attention from local and state media, you start to build up a little frustration, especially when chance to showcase it nationally gets threatened. Its kind of a lame situation all around. You hate that people's lives and livelihood is gonna be threatened because of the storm, but also the fact that you lose a nationally televised game, potentially the game all together.

Lorne_Malvo
August 25th, 2017, 01:36 PM
Who are you, again? Who is asking?

BNATION
August 25th, 2017, 01:37 PM
You sir just won the prize for the worst post of the day. Your punishment will be struggling with Colgate like you most likely struggle to please the ladies... I've heard about you. They have pills and you don't have to be ashamed.

If we're doing anything down there on Thursday it's probably going to be saving you from your makeshift raft made out of flagpoles and saved gameday programs from Lamar and Abilene Christian conquests past.

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 25th, 2017, 01:42 PM
You sir just won the prize for the worst post of the day. Your punishment will be struggling with Colgate like you most likely struggle to please the ladies... I've heard about you. They have pills and you don't have to be ashamed.

You're just a townie and not degreed from Sam State, right?

BNATION
August 25th, 2017, 01:44 PM
Two degrees. Originally a townie but have worked all over the world and currently live outside of Houston. Love my Kats and hate pussys from Virginia. If your wondering, your the pussy from Virginia.

You're just a townie and not degreed from Sam State, right?

BNATION
August 25th, 2017, 01:47 PM
Colgate. Oh man.

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 25th, 2017, 01:50 PM
Two degrees.

Sad, if true.

BNATION
August 25th, 2017, 01:56 PM
Don't worry man, size isn't everything. She loves you for you.

Sad, if true.

BNATION
August 25th, 2017, 02:06 PM
But you are boring to make fun of. Back to Richmonds panic over the Colgate game. Toughest 5-5 team I ever did see.

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 25th, 2017, 02:25 PM
i shouldn't take the bait but i will. Colgate would beat anybody on your schedule, save UCA, and you know it.

But have fun drifting away, bud.

BNATION
August 25th, 2017, 02:26 PM
Bold cotton. Bold. That does not deserve a response. Now you really win the prize.

i shouldn't take the bait but i will. Colgate would beat anybody on your schedule, save UCA, and you know it.

Winston
August 25th, 2017, 02:29 PM
We miss JMU fans.

BNATION
August 25th, 2017, 02:30 PM
They lost to a 4-6 Cornell team last year buddy. Your delusional. Nicholls, Mcnease, Southeastern, and Lamar all walk through Colgate. I think ACU could play them a tight game. Name a patriot, or SoCon team who has beaten us?

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 25th, 2017, 02:30 PM
Bold cotton. Bold. That does not deserve a response. Now you really win the prize.

I'll take my winnings and donate them to your Red Cross.

BNATION
August 25th, 2017, 02:32 PM
We do too. They wouldn't consider Colgate a tough game.

We miss JMU fans.

- - - Updated - - -

Its the the least you could do for Texas supporting your failing economy. 266 mil in the hole. Texas 4.1 billion surplus. You can take that to the bank since I just took you to school. Now you can say you got a Texas education.

I'll take my winnings and donate them to your Red Cross.

kdinva
August 25th, 2017, 02:34 PM

(crickets...........). I just checked the Sammy twitter page......nothing....

Coogkat15
August 25th, 2017, 02:40 PM
How about we end this fun back and forth by saying Richmond is just being overly cautious. I am sure we can all agree that Colgate is a nice sleeper, and that Sam Supporters are slightly annoyed that it appears that a few Richmond fans are insensitive to our current weather situation and seem unwilling to be open to the idea of a reschedule. Maybe we should get a poll going on the date of a reschedule.

BNATION
August 25th, 2017, 02:52 PM
I don't need sympathy from Virginians. We take care of our own and their moochers.

I cant agree Colgate is a sleeper. They played a nobody 5-5 schedule last year and lost to a Ivy League school who was 4-6. They lost starters on both sides so I'm not sure how they got better or could be a sleeper.

How about we end this fun back and forth by saying Richmond is just being overly cautious. I am sure we can all agree that Colgate is a nice sleeper, and that Sam Supporters are slightly annoyed that it appears that a few Richmond fans are insensitive to our current weather situation and seem unwilling to be open to the idea of a reschedule. Maybe we should get a poll going on the date of a reschedule.

Coogkat15
August 25th, 2017, 03:11 PM
I don't need sympathy from Virginians. We take care of our own and their moochers.

I cant agree Colgate is a sleeper. They played a nobody 5-5 schedule last year and lost to a Ivy League school who was 4-6. They lost starters on both sides so I'm not sure how they got better or could be a sleeper.

Hey "A measure of a life is its service" but we can share some mutual appreciation for Virginia. Sam Houston was born in Virginia! lol. Also idk man, Colgate did play them kind of tough last year. I believe they only lost 31-38. Confidence can do a strange thing to a team. That's one of those intangibles that's hard to measure. I'm not sure if I was Richmond's Coach that I would over look that game. I'm sure Colgate has it circled on their schedule.

milleniumkat
August 25th, 2017, 03:15 PM

Colgate would be 5-5 in the same district as Huntsville High School.

milleniumkat
August 25th, 2017, 03:17 PM

Remember when Mike Tyson but Holyfield's ear to get the fight stopped? That's what this is like.

Coogkat15
August 25th, 2017, 03:19 PM
Remember when Mike Tyson but Holyfield's ear to get the fight stopped? That's what this is like.

Well there you have it! See Richmond fans, your friendly neighborhood Bearkats have complete faith in your abilities to dismantle Colgate. Even compared your football teams athletic abilities to that of Mike Tyson. xthumbsupx

BNATION
August 25th, 2017, 03:33 PM
Please stop sucking up to Richmond fans. We don't care if they like us.

Well there you have it! See Richmond fans, your friendly neighborhood Bearkats have complete faith in your abilities to dismantle Colgate. Even compared your football teams athletic abilities to that of Mike Tyson. xthumbsupx

milleniumkat
August 25th, 2017, 03:38 PM
for the record i have never thought negatively of any richmond folks and still don't.

milleniumkat
August 25th, 2017, 03:49 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170825/31053d0c5e601a247a6f8c7f70ec831b.jpg

So this little snap shot is of the log jam up i-45 that stretches 35 miles northbound past huntsville. This is what we've been trying to convey. Shsu is located along a state evacuation route. therefore since we usually book ooc teams in resorts on lake conroe 25 mikes away since there are no really nice hotels in huntsville to hold a whole team on short notice, now u can see how the travel might be an issue for the spider team and traveling fans. it's not about weather in huntsville it's about how in the hell do u get there?

JSUSoutherner
August 25th, 2017, 03:52 PM

So this little snap shot is of the log jam up i-45 that stretches 35 miles northbound past huntsville. This is what we've been trying to convey. Shsu is located along a state evacuation route. therefore since we usually book ooc teams in resorts on lake conroe 25 mikes away since there are no really nice hotels in huntsville to hold a whole team on short notice, now u can see how the travel might be an issue for the spider team and traveling fans. it's not about weather in huntsville it's about how in the hell do u get there?

That's a log jam? We have more cars in the span in Jacksonville.

Nickels
August 25th, 2017, 03:53 PM
This is even more middle of nowhere than Jacksonville.

Coogkat15
August 25th, 2017, 03:55 PM
Please stop sucking up to Richmond fans. We don't care if they like us.

Definitely not sucking up, just trying to keep the peace. Don't want to ruin good potential football talk due to petty fighting which from what I see generally comes down to semantics and misunderstandings. As FCS fans we generally don't get much good football talks and hot takes from anywhere. Especially in Texas. Don't want to ruin the one or two good places where we do. Besides from my experience most people have already made up there minds about most things. Being cordial isn't gonna change that.

Nickels
August 25th, 2017, 03:57 PM

xlolx Check out dad's student pick up sign.

BNATION
August 25th, 2017, 04:02 PM
Hope the game is played Thursday. Would hate to see it at end of the year. I want to see two fresh teams. Pre Colgate if you will. Not sure Richmond will be the same after that one.

Sammy94
August 25th, 2017, 04:08 PM
They cant...Need atleast a month to prepare for ****ing Colgate.

It's Colgate!!!! They beat the mighty Dukes not that long ago. They have to be pretty good.... oh, never mind... Sam beat them that same year so they aren't any good....carry on.

Coogkat15
August 25th, 2017, 04:12 PM
Hope the game is played Thursday. Would hate to see it at end of the year. I want to see two fresh teams. Pre Colgate if you will. Not sure Richmond will be the same after that one.

I think a Thursday night would be pretty good as well. Should be a nice crowd. The buzz on campus really started to pick up surrounding the game the closer we got to Friday.

Milktruck74
August 25th, 2017, 04:17 PM

Yeah, but do the ones on blocks in front of your trailer actually count as traffic?

milleniumkat
August 25th, 2017, 04:18 PM

Hope it goes well for you.

milleniumkat
August 25th, 2017, 04:19 PM
Yeah, but do the ones on blocks in front of your trailer actually count as traffic?

Yep! Now go **** yourself.

milleniumkat
August 25th, 2017, 04:21 PM
xlolx Check out dad's student pick up sign.

Yesssssss!

cx500d
August 25th, 2017, 04:29 PM
Get a grip....South Texas doesn't have the hills and mountains like in this picture to funnel water into walls of water.

Some of the areas around Huntsville may experience as much as 40 inches of rain. The last time Virginia experienced that level of rain was Hurricane Camille. Albemarle, Nelson and Fluvanna Counties (around Charlottesville) experienced 24 inches of rain in a 36 hour period. Whole mountains were covered with water, entire families were lost. Who could think water could cover a mountain? Hurricane Harvey could be a CAT-4, before it hits land.

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/newsadvance.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/0/63/0630ed20-474c-11e5-a0d0-0bcb843378a8/55d5ebf46ec26.preview.jpg?resize=933%2C630

Milktruck74
August 25th, 2017, 04:31 PM
Yep! Now go **** yourself.

Easy Trigger, that was aimed at the yard bird.

cx500d
August 25th, 2017, 04:32 PM

Looks like lighter than normal traffic.

Nickels
August 25th, 2017, 04:37 PM
Looks like lighter than normal traffic.
So it's normal for traffic to creep on 45 2 hours north of Houston? I think not.

BNATION
August 25th, 2017, 04:41 PM
know whats lighter than normal? The shorts on Bighouseclosedend. Sorry last one, back to football. Yes things are definately getting busy even over here on 6 in College Station. Lots of traffic.

milleniumkat
August 25th, 2017, 04:51 PM
Easy Trigger, that was aimed at the yard bird.

I intended for that to come across humorous. My bad. no offense was intended.

Panther88
August 25th, 2017, 04:54 PM
There's a lot going on here. Has anyone found that one dude I told to go surf in Corpus earlier this morning? xlolx

cx500d
August 25th, 2017, 05:36 PM
There's a lot going on here. Has anyone found that one dude I told to go surf in Corpus earlier this morning? xlolx

His death is on Your hands!

milleniumkat
August 25th, 2017, 05:59 PM
every time i think i hate my job i'm reminded of this poor guy on TV holding a mic on a beach in driving rain.

Panther88
August 25th, 2017, 07:40 PM
His death is on Your hands!

Nah, gulf doppler located him ~20 minutes ago. He'll be posting SHSU negative rhetoric once he locates his whyphy. xreadx

spdram
August 25th, 2017, 08:54 PM
just finished reading today's posts -- this went south quickly. Best wishes and safety to our friends in Texas and surrounding. This is a truly scary storm, hope all are safe. I don't understand the comments and broad brush strokes. Richmond hasn't called the game off, but I don't think the game will be played -- to many travel risks from all I am hearing. Safety first. I see going back to a Thursday game being the only real chance left.

If it doesn't happen I hope we get a chance in future seasons.

For those Kat fans badmouth Richmond for not coming down in this storm -- who else agreed to come down, with no return game? You know if this strom had not come up we would be playing Sunday night. Take a deep breath.

But most important, be safe and help those less able to take care of themselves.

SFspidur
August 25th, 2017, 09:08 PM
Current NHC prediction shows this thing still sitting just west of Houston next Wednesday afternoon. I don’t see a Thursday night game in Huntsville happening.

caribbeanhen
August 25th, 2017, 10:00 PM
if this game hasn't already been cancelled then what are they waiting for...... forget about it

BNATION
August 25th, 2017, 10:18 PM
Not looking good. I think they will wait and see what it does this weekend.

Current NHC prediction shows this thing still sitting just west of Houston next Wednesday afternoon. I don’t see a Thursday night game in Huntsville happening.

milleniumkat
August 26th, 2017, 06:33 AM
We are hearing allegedly Friday or saturday game. An announcement allegedly will be made Monday. Houston will be the issue. Travel arrangements can be made to fly into dallas and bus down. Won't be an issue in Huntsville wednesday and later other than rain. And we already established that rain should not stop the game. But yesterday's and today's evacuation status would have created a bad situation for lots of folks traveling to huntsville. No reason the game can't be played. Move it to Richmond if that's needed. Or play it at Jerry World, Lord knows that Cowboys don't need it for anything important.

Lehigh'98
August 26th, 2017, 06:43 AM
The only winner in all this is Colgate. Stay safe

milleniumkat
August 26th, 2017, 06:56 AM
The only winner in all this is Colgate. Stay safe

Winner!!

katstrapper
August 26th, 2017, 07:15 AM
We are hearing allegedly Friday or saturday game. An announcement allegedly will be made Monday. Houston will be the issue. Travel arrangements can be made to fly into dallas and bus down. Won't be an issue in Huntsville wednesday and later other than rain. And we already established that rain should not stop the game. But yesterday's and today's evacuation status would have created a bad situation for lots of folks traveling to huntsville. No reason the game can't be played. Move it to Richmond if that's needed. Or play it at Jerry World, Lord knows that Cowboys don't need it for anything important.

if they charter a plane they could fly into College Station and bus over about 45 mins. I think thats what many teams have done during the playoffs. Thats what SHSU does many times.

milleniumkat
August 26th, 2017, 08:04 AM
if they charter a plane they could fly into College Station and bus over about 45 mins. I think thats what many teams have done during the playoffs. Thats what SHSU does many times.

That's true. I forgot about College Station...but that's easy to do. Am I right?? lololol

SFspidur
August 26th, 2017, 08:12 AM
Spiders were always planning to fly into College Station.

Serpentor
August 26th, 2017, 08:25 AM
Spiders were always planning to fly into College Station.

Ugh, why would anyone willingly go there?

SFspidur
August 26th, 2017, 08:31 AM
It’s closer and you avoid the mess of IAH? It’s a place to land and hop on buses...it’s not like they’re vacationing there.

milleniumkat
August 26th, 2017, 08:44 AM

This!

cx500d
August 26th, 2017, 11:29 AM

Thats the only place in Texas you can get issued jack boots for white supremicist marches.

cx500d
August 26th, 2017, 11:32 AM
Southland

Date

Time

Game

Network (Talent)

Sun., Aug. 27

7:00 p.m.

(7) Richmond
at (3) Sam Houston State

CANCELLED due to Hurricane Harvey

According to:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/2017-nff-weekly-tv-schedule-for-ncaa-division-i-football-week-zero/

ElCid
August 26th, 2017, 12:17 PM
Southland

Date
Time
Game
Network (Talent)

Sun., Aug. 27
7:00 p.m.
(7) Richmond
at (3) Sam Houston State
CANCELLED due to Hurricane Harvey

According to:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/2017-nff-weekly-tv-schedule-for-ncaa-division-i-football-week-zero/

There goes SHSU's SOS...... Seriously, I saw this but has it been confirmed?

cx500d
August 26th, 2017, 12:28 PM

No clue....It may just mean they are cancelling televising the game.

milleniumkat
August 26th, 2017, 12:32 PM

It's accurate, this game HAS been cancelled. Doesn't mean that it won't be rescheduled.

POD Knows
August 26th, 2017, 12:35 PM
There goes SHSU's SOS...... Seriously, I saw this but has it been confirmed?I am going to drop SHSU out of my top 25 for cancelling this

Lorne_Malvo
August 26th, 2017, 12:35 PM
How is Huntsville? Just curious.

POD Knows
August 26th, 2017, 12:36 PM
It's accurate, this game HAS been cancelled. Doesn't mean that it won't be rescheduled.You guys have open dates available for both teams?

Nickels
August 26th, 2017, 12:38 PM
I'm sure completely fine at this point. Hasn't really reached us yet.

Bisonoline
August 26th, 2017, 12:46 PM
I'm sure completely fine at this point. Hasn't really reached us yet.

I know some people who live there. They have boats so they are fine.xlolx

milleniumkat
August 26th, 2017, 01:01 PM
I am going to drop SHSU out of my top 25 for cancelling this

I'm going to give you credit for a decent troll attempt. Because there's no way that you are either that ignorant or stupid. I just can't believe you would be able to navigate a fan forum if you thought that way for real.

Remember, the Bearkats are already here lololol they ain't the ones that have to decide whether to fly or not. I mean they couldn't force Richmond to NOT board their planes muuuahahaha.

milleniumkat
August 26th, 2017, 01:05 PM
Huntsville got hit with some rough bands two hours ago and a Sharknado touched down north of Willis. Not sure where it ended up or any damage.

BisonFan02
August 26th, 2017, 01:05 PM
I'm going to give you credit for a decent troll attempt. Because there's no way that you are either that ignorant or stupid. I just can't believe you would be able to navigate a fan forum if you thought that way for real.

Got one on the line! xlolx

POD Knows
August 26th, 2017, 01:08 PM
I'm going to give you credit for a decent troll attempt. Because there's no way that you are either that ignorant or stupid. I just can't believe you would be able to navigate a fan forum if you thought that way for real.Don't short change me, it was an awesome troll attempt. I will drop you out of the top 25 when you lose to them, if you play them.

milleniumkat
August 26th, 2017, 01:09 PM
Got one on the line! xlolx

nah. I know better. but it was a good attempt so i had to acknowledge.

milleniumkat
August 26th, 2017, 01:09 PM
Don't short change me, it was an awesome troll attempt. I will drop you out of the top 25 when you lose to them, if you play them.

that's fair. But see my edit after you quoted. Richmond is the one that had to make decisions on flights...our team is here...where are they?? lol

milleniumkat
August 26th, 2017, 01:12 PM
i mean if we're being honest, this game was just a nice exhibition game anyway. Everyone knows 2017 is the return of the Bison and then a bunch of fodder beneath.

POD Knows
August 26th, 2017, 01:12 PM
that's fair. But see my edit after you quoted. Richmond is the one that had to make decisions on flights...our team is here...where are they?? lolI will drop those ****ers out of my top 25 for not showing up. Pansies :D

pokefan02
August 26th, 2017, 01:28 PM
They are now saying Harvey will be a tropical depression and pass through Houston sometime around Wednesday. This thing will screw up everything next week.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

cx500d
August 26th, 2017, 01:28 PM

What he means, is does it suck worse than normal? Have all the prisoners made their escape?

cx500d
August 26th, 2017, 01:30 PM
that's fair. But see my edit after you quoted. Richmond is the one that had to make decisions on flights...our team is here...where are they?? lol

True, I believe they were chicken****, as their posters seemed to be. They got an excuse and ran with it.

milleniumkat
August 26th, 2017, 02:00 PM
What he means, is does it suck worse than normal? Have all the prisoners made their escape?

hahahahhah! Nah not unless you include me in that number.

Nickels
August 26th, 2017, 02:42 PM
Have all the prisoners made their escape?
Probably. You'll know for sure when you see an influx of transfers at McNeese and SELA.

Daytripper
August 26th, 2017, 03:16 PM
Probably. You'll know for sure when you see an influx of transfers at McNeese and SELA.

Mic drop.

Spider from the North
August 26th, 2017, 03:16 PM
Two degrees... Love my Kats and hate pussys [sic] from Virginia. If your [sic] wondering, your [sic] the pussy from Virginia.
Apparently, neither was in English.

cx500d
August 26th, 2017, 03:25 PM

You think that's bad, you should go read their free speech wall.

BNATION
August 26th, 2017, 03:44 PM
Just don't bring your lady down here when we do play. Hate to see you cuckholded.

Nickels
August 26th, 2017, 03:45 PM
Just don't bring your lady down here when we do play. Hate to see you cuckholded.
Shhhh....he thinks it's an "open relationship"...