PDA

View Full Version : SHSU Vs Richmond Game Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

theEDOGG
August 22nd, 2017, 01:12 PM
Who'd you guys play that game? Sarcastic Word? Eastern North Houston Mennonite Community College?

That would be Stephen F Austin in front of 30,000 fans at NRG stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

milleniumkat
August 22nd, 2017, 01:41 PM
Who'd you guys play that game? Sarcastic Word? Eastern North Houston Mennonite Community College?

He did much better than that vs Colgate...so what was his line in that one?

milleniumkat
August 22nd, 2017, 01:58 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170822/8139152dc6489107879f951217f23d9a.jpg

Don't be shocked if this game doesn't happen. Any chance Huesman would agree to wait until tuesday or wednesday? lmao

I mean both teams have the next weekend off so....why not?

Panther88
August 22nd, 2017, 02:10 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170822/8139152dc6489107879f951217f23d9a.jpg

Don't be shocked if this game doesn't happen. Any chance Huesman would agree to wait until tuesday or wednesday? lmao

I mean both teams have the next weekend off so....why not?

I'm sure there are alternative plans in place in case the weather is like we expect it to be, correct?

It's that time of year, milleni. You know how unpredictable the weather is this time of year; especially when there are tropical storms/pop-up showers rumbling.

jmufan999
August 22nd, 2017, 02:27 PM
These are two obviously different results. What is the secret to containing Briscoe? Alternatively, what has to happen for him to be effective?

same thing you do against any statue-type QB: get pressure, especially up the middle. not much of a running threat so you can rush hard up the field. watch for the occasional draw play. play physically (ALL GAME LONG, not just every now and then) with your DBs. he's effective when he has a clean pocket and his receivers can frolic in open space. if that happens, the coach is an idiot because he should know better and the Spatters clearly have the talent to get this done.

Serpentor
August 22nd, 2017, 02:55 PM
Live stream of Coaches Huesman and Keeler discussing the game (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPX_rGTYts0)

milleniumkat
August 22nd, 2017, 03:12 PM
I'm sure there are alternative plans in place in case the weather is like we expect it to be, correct?

It's that time of year, millini. You know how unpredictable the weather is this time of year; especially when there are tropical storms/pop-up showers rumbling.

Oh i know, i've lived here all my life. But that don't mean our AD has a plan B. lol. Good luck.

Serpentor
August 22nd, 2017, 04:03 PM
Oh i know, i've lived here all my life. But that don't mean our AD has a plan B. lol. Good luck.

How about we swipe the Alamodome? It's not like the Roadrunners are using it for anything meaningful.

milleniumkat
August 22nd, 2017, 04:05 PM
How about we swipe the Alamodome? It's not like the Roadrunners are using it for anything meaningful.

muuuuuahahhaah! Shame on you!

cx500d
August 22nd, 2017, 05:52 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170822/39b16fddcd0447b0698138357b72d498.jpg

So much for the heat advantage. lmao.

The team that can grind it out wins.

Could shut down air briscoe....

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 22nd, 2017, 06:14 PM

I can live with that.

Nickels
August 22nd, 2017, 07:11 PM

I'd be comfortable with both teams being forced to mostly run. I dont think their O-line can make the holes needed against our front 7. More than confident in our rushing stable too.

milleniumkat
August 22nd, 2017, 07:50 PM
I'd be comfortable with both teams being forced to mostly run. I dont think their O-line can make the holes needed against our front 7. More than confident in our rushing stable too.

No no no. All we are is a pass happy offense. Don't try and distract them.

Nickels
August 22nd, 2017, 08:35 PM
No no no. All we are is a pass happy offense. Don't try and distract them.
Did you see what JMUs secondary did to us? No way we can throw against the mighty CAA.

Coach Presser;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPX_rGTYts0

Winston
August 22nd, 2017, 08:41 PM
Please explain how you are a pass happy offense.

Nickels
August 22nd, 2017, 08:53 PM
Please explain how you are a pass happy offense.
Please explain how you would have another impression.

cx500d
August 22nd, 2017, 08:56 PM
Please explain how you would have another impression.

I think he's referring to only having 150 yds of passing or so in your last outing. Not the sign of a pass happy team.

Nickels
August 22nd, 2017, 09:01 PM
I think he's referring to only having 150 yds of passing or so in your last outing. Not the sign of a pass happy team.
Only ran for 112. Pass happy is a term to describe tendency not result...hence it's the correct term for a team that throws the ball 44 times with an injured QB who didn't throw a single ball all week. Not something a balanced or run focused team would do.

rtzlunar
August 22nd, 2017, 10:21 PM
After watching Huesman coach for years at UTC, this game will go one of two ways. Richmond by 14 or more, or SHSU in a one possession game. Since Huesman ended his stint at UTC with a loss at SHSU, I'll go with Richmond losing Huseman's first game by 7. Huesman won about 30% of his games at Chattanooga that were decided by one possession.

DirtyDukes
August 23rd, 2017, 08:06 AM
That would be Stephen F Austin in front of 30,000 fans at NRG stadium.

Sooooo you're bragging about stats against the 5-6 6th place team in the SOUTHLAND? Do you guys not see how easy you make it for everyone?

Sammy94
August 23rd, 2017, 08:13 AM
Sooooo you're bragging about stats against the 5-6 6th place team in the SOUTHLAND? Do you guys not see how easy you make it for everyone?

Wasn't bragging, just stating one game facts since that is all you seem to worry about. I will use the game he had against the best defense we saw all year instead.

20-40, 363 YDS, 5 TD, 1 INT

DirtyDukes
August 23rd, 2017, 08:18 AM
Wasn't bragging, just stating one game facts since that is all you seem to worry about. I will use the game he had against the best defense we saw all year instead.

20-40, 363 YDS, 5 TD, 1 INT

I already listed the stats he had against the best defense he faced all year.

But playing along, which team was that? Nooga? Are you actually suggesting Nooga was a better D than JMU?

Sammy94
August 23rd, 2017, 08:21 AM

Sorry not taking anything away from the Dukes they had a decent defense and won a NC but the best defense we faced was the one that we played the week before. Thank goodness Briscoe was healthy most of that game.

DirtyDukes
August 23rd, 2017, 08:28 AM
Sorry not taking anything away from the Dukes they had a decent defense and won a NC but the best defense we faced was the one that we played the week before. Thank goodness Briscoe was healthy most of that game.

Hahahaha okay keep making excuses buddy. "It was his glove, it was the cold, it wasn't JMU's D at all"

jmufan999
August 23rd, 2017, 08:33 AM
Hahahaha okay keep making excuses buddy. "It was his glove, it was the cold, it wasn't JMU's D at all"

hahahaha I was just looking at that. aren't they just precious?? I also heard that Briscoe had dry skin due to the cold, that problem made him itchy and affected his concentration.

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 08:40 AM

But they would have been 6-5 had it not been for Frisco Briscoe. lol

Sammy94
August 23rd, 2017, 08:42 AM

Excuses? I was talking about the Chatty game and their defense, had Briscoe got hurt early on in that game it would have been ugly.

As for this year and the upcoming game, I think the Kats know they should expect the same hard nose defense they saw in their last game in Huntsville last year. Should be a great game and hopefully the rain holds off for a few hours Sunday evening.

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 08:42 AM
I just don't think a fan of a team that will now have 6 straight games with suspended players dating back to last season needs to be lecturing anyone about integrity.

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 08:43 AM

But playing along, which team was that? Nooga? Are you actually suggesting Nooga was a better D than JMU?

What were his stats vs UCA? they were a playoff winning team.

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 08:45 AM
Excuses? I was talking about the Chatty game and their defense, had Briscoe got hurt early on in that game it would have been ugly.

As for this year and the upcoming game, I think the Kats know they should expect the same hard nose defense they saw in their last game in Huntsville last year. Should be a great game and hopefully the rain holds off for a few hours Sunday evening.

Don't bother with this guy. He's the only fanboy of a championship winning team that has diminished the entire status of his fan base on AGS by himself. He makes up both sides of every engagement he gets into, his side and yours. Just move on. How many posts have you made this month on a JMU related thread? Exactly.

Sammy94
August 23rd, 2017, 08:49 AM

I'm not suggesting it, just going by facts. Feel free to look at see which defensive category JMU was ahead of Nooga in?

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs/current/team/704

DirtyDukes
August 23rd, 2017, 09:06 AM
I just don't think a fan of a team that will now have 6 straight games with suspended players dating back to last season needs to be lecturing anyone about integrity.

Everyone is praising JMU for their handling of the situation for having integrity. Next.

Don't bother with this guy. He's the only fanboy of a championship winning team that has diminished the entire status of his fan base on AGS by himself. He makes up both sides of every engagement he gets into, his side and yours. Just move on. How many posts have you made this month on a JMU related thread? Exactly.

Dude you are delusional. At least I don't talk to myself in consecutive posts. I've made a LOT of posts in the CAA thread and any JMU thread. But this message board is for all FCS discussion and I'm allowed to post wherever I'd like. Sorry that I won't allow you all to talk like you're already champions.

DirtyDukes
August 23rd, 2017, 09:07 AM
I'm not suggesting it, just going by facts. Feel free to look at see which defensive category JMU was ahead of Nooga in?

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs/current/team/704

So did SHSU's offense drop off suddenly at the end of the season? How would you explain scoring 41 one week and 7 the next?

theEDOGG
August 23rd, 2017, 09:08 AM

No one is bragging smart guy...you wanted to try your hand at some 3rd grade level comedy with made up names of schools, so I was just educating you as to who the actual opponent was. As for what SFA's ranking was...it's a Rivalry Game and as you know all bets are off in Rivalry Games. Some would say that is why Richmond played Y'all so well last year. Anyhow...for a team that really hasn't been relevant for the past few years...you and the rest of your fan base should take a lesson in humility from the Bison. Good Day Sir!

DirtyDukes
August 23rd, 2017, 09:16 AM
No one is bragging smart guy...you wanted to try your hand at some 3rd grade level comedy with made up names of schools, so I was just educating you as to who the actual opponent was. As for what SFA's ranking was...it's a Rivalry Game and as you know all bets are off in Rivalry Games. Some would say that is why Richmond played Y'all so well last year. Anyhow...for a team that really hasn't been relevant for the past few years...you and the rest of your fan base should take a lesson in humility from the Bison. Good Day Sir!

If you don't realize the irony of a SAM HOUSTON STATE FAN talking about humility, well, there's no hope for you.

And I'm sorry to go off on what is a clearly a team Mom, but you asked for it.

I don't have to be humble. My team is the National Champion. And I certainly don't have to be anything a team my team beat by 58 says. So until you all down in Huntsville actually DO something worthwhile, I'll say whatever the damn well I please about your team.

JMU has done something twice that Sam Houston was not even close to doing. You guys haven't come within 2 scores of winning it all.

JMU hasn't been relevant? Are you kidding? We're the only other FCS school than the Bison who've hosted Gameday. That alone made us more relevant than Sam Houston EVER WILL BE.

I'm so tired of all you podunk Texans acting like you're the only big game in town because you play in a cupcake league with and put up video game stats, only to be BLOWN THE **** OUT ANYTIME YOU PLAY ANYONE REAL. So pipe down down there grandma.

Nickels
August 23rd, 2017, 09:23 AM
If you don't realize the irony of a SAM HOUSTON STATE FAN talking about humility, well, there's no hope for you.

I don't have to be humble. My team is the National Champion. And I certainly don't have to be anything a team my team beat by 58 says. So until you all down in Huntsville actually DO something worthwhile, I'll say whatever the damn well I please about your team.

JMU has done something twice that Sam Houston was not even close to doing. You guys haven't come within 2 scores of winning it all.

JMU hasn't been relevant? Are you kidding? We're the only other FCS school than the Bison who've hosted Gameday. That alone made us more relevant than Sam Houston EVER WILL BE.

I'm so tired of all you podunk Texans acting like you're the only big game in town because you play in a cupcake league with and put up video game stats, only to be BLOWN THE **** OUT ANYTIME YOU PLAY ANYONE REAL. So pipe down down there grandma.
Sounds like you need a hug.

DirtyDukes
August 23rd, 2017, 09:25 AM
Sounds like you need a hug.

Hahaha not really I'm having a great day.

Nickels
August 23rd, 2017, 09:26 AM
Hahaha not really I'm having a great day.
Yeah your life seems great xthumbsupx

DirtyDukes
August 23rd, 2017, 09:30 AM
Yeah your life seems great xthumbsupx

LOL at least I'm not a racist

Nickels
August 23rd, 2017, 09:31 AM
LOL at least I'm not a racist
You should go stand in front of a Challenger to celebrate.

Sammy94
August 23rd, 2017, 09:31 AM

Exactly, I can't wait for the BOTPW thread......I can hear it now, remember in the playoffs last year Soft Houston? I could understand that we were Jax St biggest ever playoff win and why their fans continued forever, and still do, but who knew JMU fans would feel the same way. How far Sam has come in the last 10 years has been amazing. We now have haters everywhere not just in Nac.

DirtyDukes
August 23rd, 2017, 09:32 AM
You should go stand in front of a Challenger to celebrate.

Man it's crazy how easy it was to get you to make my point for me.

Nickels
August 23rd, 2017, 09:33 AM
Man it's crazy how easy it was to get you to make my point for me.
This isn't reddit /pol. Go take your bitching about Trump elsewhere. The adults are talking.

DirtyDukes
August 23rd, 2017, 09:34 AM
This isn't reddit /pol. Go take your bitching about Trump elsewhere. The adults are talking.

??? You're apparently arguing with yourself because I didn't say anything about politics at all. I just (correctly) pointed out you're a racist (well known fact) and manipulated you into proving it (smarter than you).

Nickels
August 23rd, 2017, 09:36 AM
??? You're apparently arguing with yourself because I didn't say anything about politics at all. I just (correctly) pointed out you're a racist (well known fact) and manipulated you into proving it (smarter than you).
Yes you're very bright.

Nickels
August 23rd, 2017, 09:44 AM
The pedophile worshiper fan wants to come to our game thread and talk morality. Classic.

The Pud
August 23rd, 2017, 09:48 AM
The pedophile worshiper fan wants to come to our game thread and talk morality. Classic.

+8

Hahahaha! Exactly!

Panther88
August 23rd, 2017, 09:48 AM
If Harvey lives up to its predicted path north, the game will either be canceled or rescheduled. Anyone heard of any weather related contigency plans?

Coogkat15
August 23rd, 2017, 10:01 AM
Welp! this thread derailed quickly...thanks Dirty xcoffeex So whose hoping this game doesn't get cancelled!? lol

Coogkat15
August 23rd, 2017, 10:03 AM
If Harvey lives up to its predicted path north, the game will either be canceled or rescheduled. Anyone heard of any weather related contigency plans?

+15

I haven't heard anything. I'm sure we will soon though.

theEDOGG
August 23rd, 2017, 10:06 AM

I am neither a "team mom" or a "grandma" I am a 38 year old Red Blooded Texan Man that is way more than an internet tough guy. I don't know what SHSU fans you have been interacting with that have given you a false perception of our fan base. As for your relevance, prior to last year you have 3 playoff wins in the last decade...3! Those 3 wins were by a combined 10 points! Podunk Texans...I and most BearKats and Alums live in or around the 4th largest metropolitan area in the country. Only big game in town? We actually have to compete with and recruit against some pretty legit programs, Texas, Texas A&M, TCU, Texas Tech, Baylor, Houston, just to name a few. Not to mention that they won't schedule us for fear of losing to us! As for our conference, there is nothing we can do about that, but we'd love to have a stronger conference. All this being said, I've got to get back to work and you've got to get back to being a troll. But just so I can find you later, let me file you away where you belong!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170823/054a653e6c75ef2098da372278379177.jpg

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 10:14 AM
Didn't Chattys D hold Bama pretty much in check better than nearly every D that played? We put more on Chatty than Bama.

DirtyDukes
August 23rd, 2017, 10:16 AM
I am neither a "team mom" or a "grandma" I am a 38 year old Red Blooded Texan Man that is way more than an internet tough guy. I don't know what SHSU fans you have been interacting with that have given you a false perception of our fan base. As for your relevance, prior to last year you have 3 playoff wins in the last decade...3! Those 3 wins were by a combined 10 points! Podunk Texans...I and most BearKats and Alums live in or around the 4th largest metropolitan area in the country. Only big game in town? We actually have to compete with and recruit against some pretty legit programs, Texas, Texas A&M, TCU, Texas Tech, Baylor, Houston, just to name a few. Not to mention that they won't schedule us for fear of losing to us! As for our conference, there is nothing we can do about that, but we'd love to have a stronger conference. All this being said, I've got to get back to work and you've got to get back to being a troll. But just so I can find you later, let me file you away where you belong!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170823/054a653e6c75ef2098da372278379177.jpg

You're so smalltime you use playoff wins to determine success. We use Championships.

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 10:18 AM

Winner!

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 10:20 AM

I've been asking the AD on twitter and have gotten zero responses. I know that both teams are off for at least 10 days and Richmond doesn't play again until 9/9 so pushing it back a couple of days would be weird but doable. Prolly kill the TV chance we had.

But, if it's just rain and not lightning, they will prolly go ahead..unless the storm disrupts Richmonds travel ability.

DirtyDukes
August 23rd, 2017, 10:21 AM
Winner!

Guys I don't read Stormfront or Breitbart what the **** are y'all talking about.

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 10:23 AM
Wasn't 17-6 vs Bison two scores? I ain't bragging about it, but again you prove that you just run stuff out of your mouth/arse that has no basis in fact. You talk to hear yourself talk. Far different from basically all of 2016 post Colgate. You are a soft front runner. Softest guy on here.

beerkat
August 23rd, 2017, 10:25 AM
You're so smalltime you use playoff wins to determine success. We use Championships.

and yet here you are, constantly talking **** as we live rent free in your mind as if beating us was some great success, but to use your own words we are small time, so what does that say about how pathetic you are?

DirtyDukes
August 23rd, 2017, 10:27 AM
Basic reading comprehension. Within two scores means less than 2 scores.

- - - Updated - - -

and yet here you are, constantly talking **** as we live rent free in your mind as if beating us was some great success, but to use your own words we are small time, so what does that say about how pathetic you are?

I'm just stating the facts about how overrated you are. Sorry that it hurts so much.

The Pud
August 23rd, 2017, 10:28 AM

Winner!

DirtyDukes
August 23rd, 2017, 10:29 AM
Winner!

Thus the defining problem of SHSU Football - no matter how many of your own fans agree with how good you are, the facts remain you're Soft Houston State.

beerkat
August 23rd, 2017, 10:32 AM

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just stating the facts about how overrated you are. Sorry that it hurts so much.

Since you guys are experts on SHSU football and watch more SHSU games than their own fans do, and since we are basing everything off of last year, I'm sure you have no problem putting your money where your mouth is. Kats lost by 58 on the road at JMU, JMU beat Richmond by 4. 58 minus 4 gives you 54 points that Richmond should be favored by. I'll even throw in an extra 14 points for the homefield advantage. So any takers on Richmond -40 @ SHSU?

Coogkat15
August 23rd, 2017, 10:44 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Dirty, if we are overrated why are you still talking to us? don't you have a more important fan base to troll? I hear UVA is currently looking for some attention. You should start a gameday thread and invite them over.

Panther88
August 23rd, 2017, 10:58 AM
I've been asking the AD on twitter and have gotten zero responses. I know that both teams are off for at least 10 days and Richmond doesn't play again until 9/9 so pushing it back a couple of days would be weird but doable. Prolly kill the TV chance we had.

But, if it's just rain and not lightning, they will prolly go ahead..unless the storm disrupts Richmonds travel ability.

I have a funny feeling about Harvey. It's been a few clicks since this area was hit. Time to dust off the generator and fill the 5 gallon petro cans. I'm stocking bottled water later this evening. Costco is our friend lol (2.99$ @ 1 case).

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 11:06 AM

- - - Updated - - -

ummmm basic math..wouldn't two tds give a win?? geez this guy lolllll

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 11:08 AM
Dirty, if we are overrated why are you still talking to us? don't you have a more important fan base to troll? I hear UVA is currently looking for some attention. You should start a gameday thread and invite them over.

He's a front running bully. He only talks to teams he feels like his team can beat. Which is why he won't talk **** to Bison or Colgate raiders. He knows they were lucky that ndsu had injuries and he knows Colgate owns the CAA. Let him talk.

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 11:16 AM
I think pushing it back to 9/2 is the best thing to do. That would put Richmond on a normal game week schedule between second game and would leave shsu with a short week heading in to pvamu but they are also on a short week so there's no disadvantage there. I know some will troll that we are afraid to play in the rain but my true concern is for the traveling spiders and their fans.

The fans will likely experience major delays on arrival and departure if the level of rain reaches what they estimate. Also, the Spiders will likely be riding in to Huntsville or Conroe airport on a couple of Buddy Holly specials right into a potential hurricane. I know i wouldn't want that mess.

That's just me, unless this forces me to work, i'll be there in my rain suit. lol. see you there!

DirtyDukes
August 23rd, 2017, 11:20 AM
He's a front running bully. He only talks to teams he feels like his team can beat. Which is why he won't talk **** to Bison or Colgate raiders. He knows they were lucky that ndsu had injuries and he knows Colgate owns the CAA. Let him talk.

God I can't wait til y'all lose and you disappear for 9 months again. I don't talk **** to Bison because they won 5 in a row. Colgate had a great win against us 2 seasons ago but it was by 6 points, not 58. Also it's cute that you're making up excuses for NDSU that their fans don't even make. I guess it's just second nature for you to make up excuses...

DirtyDukes
August 23rd, 2017, 11:23 AM

Nah we beat them and they stopped scheduling us, just like Virginia Tech. Besides, I honestly don't hate you guys, I just think it's ridiculous that you claim to be more relevant than teams that have won it all.

Panther88
August 23rd, 2017, 11:26 AM
That's just me, unless this forces me to work, i'll be there in my rain suit. lol. see you there!

Rain suit, rain boots, rain gloves, rain hat lol, all that. The last flood was May 2016, right? (still fighting insurance company over that one smh)

Going into the fall, I think the SE corridor of tx is overdue for a major rain event.

beerkat
August 23rd, 2017, 11:36 AM
God I can't wait til y'all lose and you disappear for 9 months again. I don't talk **** to Bison because they won 5 in a row. Colgate had a great win against us 2 seasons ago but it was by 6 points, not 58. Also it's cute that you're making up excuses for NDSU that their fans don't even make. I guess it's just second nature for you to make up excuses...

Since you guys are experts on SHSU football and watch more SHSU games than their own fans do, and since we are basing everything off of last year, I'm sure you have no problem putting your money where your mouth is. Kats lost by 58 on the road at JMU, JMU beat Richmond by 4. 58 minus 4 gives you 54 points that Richmond should be favored by. I'll even throw in an extra 14 points for the homefield advantage. So any takers on Richmond -40 @ SHSU?

Offer for a wager still stands with you taking Richmond as 40 point favorites, and I'll take SHSU as 40 point underdogs. $100 good enough for you? Or loser doesn't post here for a year. I'm good either way.

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 11:38 AM

6 points to a lousy Colgate team full of walk ons that couldn't beat a top 5 6A Texas HS team might as well be 101 points.

You wouldn't have a problem with me if you would just mind your own business. When someone goes looking for trouble and then finds it and cries like a lost puppy, that just puts a damper on a good football program and fan base

TheEagleSHSU
August 23rd, 2017, 11:39 AM
Thus the defining problem of SHSU Football - no matter how many of your own fans agree with how good you are, the facts remain you're Soft Houston State.

Says you bro!

Additionally, if we are being honest, your view of SHSU holds no water nor a pot to piss in. Thanks for your time!

Winston
August 23rd, 2017, 11:40 AM
I have a funny feeling about Harvey. It's been a few clicks since this area was hit. Time to dust off the generator and fill the 5 gallon petro cans. I'm stocking bottled water later this evening. Costco is our friend lol (2.99$ @ 1 case).
Yes, be careful, Panther 88 and all of the Sam Houston faithful.

jmufan999
August 23rd, 2017, 11:41 AM

Offer for a wager still stands with you taking Richmond as 40 point favorites, and I'll take SHSU as 40 point underdogs. $100 good enough for you? Or loser doesn't post here for a year. I'm good either way.

you're not seriously using the transitive property to come up with a ridiculous spread, are you? how many FBS teams are favored by 40 over an FCS team??

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 11:43 AM
Get it?? Dukes = Puppy? See what i did there???

Coogkat15
August 23rd, 2017, 11:47 AM

Thanks man, you guys be careful as well. The Houston area is ridiculously prone to flooding. If they don't push this game back make sure you guys travel with caution. A lot of the area is bayou land and below sea level.

beerkat
August 23rd, 2017, 11:47 AM
you're not seriously using the transitive property to come up with a ridiculous spread, are you? how many FBS teams are favored by 40 over an FCS team??

I'm only as serious as your fans who are basing expectations for SHSU this year off of how last season ended. You guys keep bringing it up. If we are as bad and as soft as you say we should get killed by Richmond, no?

Coogkat15
August 23rd, 2017, 11:52 AM

Jmufan, I'm pretty sure Beerkat is using this post kinda tongue in cheek. You know sarcasm. Attempting to highlight how using last years results to predict this years outcome is kinda ridiculous. So he is not *Seriously* using the transitive property to come up with a spread.

McNeese72
August 23rd, 2017, 12:15 PM

Yes, you guys be careful. Hopefully it won't be that big of a rain event but it is not looking good to me.

If the game goes on as planned, I think the tailgating is going to suck. ;)

Doc

Winston
August 23rd, 2017, 12:32 PM
Notre Dame and NC State played in the middle of a hurricane. I believe VA Tech did as well.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2017, 12:33 PM
Hey, I understand there is much bad blood leftover from last playoffs and some of the SHSU guys that were very verbose before their loss but man let's cut the dumb BS and let some decent talk about a good FCS game be had in this thread if we could.

I do like a good smack game though so please start up a thread on that board and allow this thread to be somewhat reasonable.

Nickels
August 23rd, 2017, 12:35 PM
Looking like TS Allison all over again. Not looking good folks.

Panther88
August 23rd, 2017, 12:37 PM

Thanks, appreciate that. Everyone needs to be careful. Water rises awfully fast in these parts. I think it's best to err on the side of safety rather than chance; so in that regard, a part of me is hoping they have a strong contingency plan in place ~24-36 hours prior so that all can be well informed and make the proper decision(s).

Naturally, I'm overly interested because I'll be attending.

Serpentor
August 23rd, 2017, 12:37 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkQ5oARNxLU

Winston
August 23rd, 2017, 12:39 PM
No way. Remember this one. Game on.
Http://savannahnow.com/sports/2014-09-20/through-storm-night-even-hurricane-couldnt-stop-georgia-southern

Panther88
August 23rd, 2017, 12:40 PM

Blasphemy! Don't utter the "A" word.

If Harvey hits, stalls, and simply spins over the SEtx corridor for days on end.... mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.....

Nickels
August 23rd, 2017, 12:44 PM
No way. Remember this one. Game on.
Http://savannahnow.com/sports/2014-09-20/through-storm-night-even-hurricane-couldnt-stop-georgia-southern
It's not so much the rain conditions during the game but the overall effects. If we get 10"-15" widespread, the entire area will be brought to a standstill.

- - - Updated - - -

Blasphemy! Don't utter the "A" word.

If Harvey hits, stalls, and simply spins over the SEtx corridor for days on end.... mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.....
It's predicted to stall right over us. We'll see. Stay safe.

Nickels
August 23rd, 2017, 01:05 PM
Been watching TWC during lunch. Up to 20"+ in some areas. Nothing standing in its way right now. IMHO odds are we dont play on Sunday evening.

Thumper 76
August 23rd, 2017, 02:46 PM
So didn't read the thread, just want to give a kudos to the Richmond guy who called in to the Ben Mahler show last night and won the "Pornstar or WWE Star" challenge and followed it up by calling the win against SHSU. Then called them winning the Natty. Solid work at 2:45 am xlolx

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 23rd, 2017, 02:54 PM
Let's talk weather. Could we get this thing moved up here? I think we all want to keep this thing on ESPNU. We'd have all the TV hookups ready...

It's not like we'd have a sellout crowd or anything on 2 or 3 days notice...

The Pud
August 23rd, 2017, 02:57 PM
Let's talk weather. Could we get this thing moved up here? I think we all want to keep this thing on ESPNU. We'd have all the TV hookups ready...

It's not like we'd have a sellout crowd or anything on 2 or 3 days notice...

I personally love this idea, but doubt this is even an option at this stage.

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 23rd, 2017, 03:00 PM
I personally love this idea, but doubt this is even an option at this stage.

How about we take the 75k that you're paying us for this game and we'll give it back? And then we'll give you another 75-100k? Hell, if there's lingering effects from the storm, perhaps we could get availability at the Redskins training camp facility for several days of workouts ... and a very nice block of hotel rooms at the Westin, which has a pool, and...

Matt
August 23rd, 2017, 03:01 PM
I cannot believe i read this whole thread. I need to reevaluate my life.

Serpentor
August 23rd, 2017, 03:04 PM
I cannot believe i read this whole thread. I need to reevaluate my life.

If you're on AGS, your life is already forfeit.

Winston
August 23rd, 2017, 03:49 PM
If you're on AGS, your life is already forfeit.
Wasting away, waiting for the game to start.

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 04:19 PM
How about we take the 75k that you're paying us for this game and we'll give it back? And then we'll give you another 75-100k? Hell, if there's lingering effects from the storm, perhaps we could get availability at the Redskins training camp facility for several days of workouts ... and a very nice block of hotel rooms at the Westin, which has a pool, and...

I still say 9/2 is the best option. It's a regular game saturday. You guys don't play again until the next saturday and we would just have a short week for game 2 no problem
But if it needs to get moved to Richmond i'd be fine with that too.

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 23rd, 2017, 04:26 PM
I still say 9/2 is the best option. It's a regular game saturday. You guys don't play again until the next saturday and we would just have a short week for game 2 no problem
But if it needs to get moved to Richmond i'd be fine with that too.

I hear what you are saying on the 9/2 option. My concern is our turnaround to Colgate in upstate New York on 9/9. That game is not a gimme by any stretch. We'd be fine if we split those 2 road games. Opening 0-2 would have us seriously behind the 8-ball for the season.

Lorne_Malvo
August 23rd, 2017, 04:49 PM
So did SHSU's offense drop off suddenly at the end of the season? How would you explain scoring 41 one week and 7 the next? Why are you in this thread? Its SHSU vs Richmond. Please find the door and start a different thread to beat your chest in.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2017, 04:52 PM
Why are you in this thread? Its SHSU vs Richmond. Please find the door and start a different thread to beat your chest in.

National board, everyone welcome in all threads and so forth but he has let me know he will tone it down a bit and be more specific to the topic at hand.

There is some background to all of this baiting and so forth but I've asked a few involved on both sides to try and move off of the bad blood for all our sakes. Hope it works.xthumbsupx

Welcome to the board btw!

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 04:56 PM
I hear what you are saying on the 9/2 option. My concern is our turnaround to Colgate in upstate New York on 9/9. That game is not a gimme by any stretch. We'd be fine if we split those 2 road games. Opening 0-2 would have us seriously behind the 8-ball for the season.

turnaround? It's a regular 7 days. ours would be 5

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 05:03 PM
it appears that the AD's are in discussions about moving the game

Panther88
August 23rd, 2017, 05:05 PM

That should be a given.

High winds, flooding, & tx sized thunderstorms. Welcome to tx Richmond U.

Daytripper
August 23rd, 2017, 05:14 PM
National board, everyone welcome in all threads and so forth but he has let me know he will tone it down a bit and be more specific to the topic at hand.

There is some background to all of this baiting and so forth but I've asked a few involved on both sides to try and move off of the bad blood for all our sakes. Hope it works.xthumbsupx

Welcome to the board btw!

I'll believe it when I see it.

RabidRabbit
August 23rd, 2017, 05:21 PM

Yes. That's the info being promoted. Allison could be a low comparison for the W Houston/ San Jacinto basin didnt get pounded by Allison. Hoping it skips nailing NewOrleans, they already have pumping capacitly issues there in the Big Easy.

TheEagleSHSU
August 23rd, 2017, 05:53 PM
Decision will be made Friday if game will be played on Sunday. Heard that straight from SHSU AD Office.

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 05:57 PM
Send it to NRG! To hell with the Texans. They won't be there anyway.

cx500d
August 23rd, 2017, 06:03 PM
Decision will be made Friday if game will be played on Sunday. Heard that straight from SHSU AD Office.

There's no rainouts for football! The Briscoe fix is in!

caribbeanhen
August 23rd, 2017, 06:09 PM

I heard Newark Delaware was in the discussion, that way KC can sleep in his own bed and Rocco and give the CAA pep talk to his old boys

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2017, 06:15 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

Believe it whenever you want. It is the first time we have talked about it and I didn't ask him to cut it completely if your side wants to keep **** going so we'll have to see how it goes. Thing is this stuff is brought on by SHSU guys just as much as DD so if you guys want it better, help out. Not you specifically DT as I think you are pretty solid on not taking the football stuff too far but I don't think making little pot shots like that will help though if you cared for my opinion on the matter which you must have since you quoted me.:D

NorthChuckSouth
August 23rd, 2017, 06:21 PM
Notre Dame and NC State played in the middle of a hurricane. I believe VA Tech did as well.
http://csusports.com/sports/fball/2015-16/photos/0010/JSK_1758.JPG
We played through what was left of Hurricane Joaquin back in 2015

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully the rain will hold off and we'll get to see a clean game.. really looking forward to this one

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 06:50 PM
Believe it whenever you want. It is the first time we have talked about it and I didn't ask him to cut it completely if your side wants to keep **** going so we'll have to see how it goes. Thing is this stuff is brought on by SHSU guys just as much as DD so if you guys want it better, help out. Not you specifically DT as I think you are pretty solid on not taking the football stuff too far but I don't think making little pot shots like that will help though if you cared for my opinion on the matter which you must have since you quoted me.:D

How is shsu fans bringing this on themselves for defending their team in threads related to them? How many shsu fans are currently posting on JMU threads? How many did that last year? This site is a joke man.

cx500d
August 23rd, 2017, 06:52 PM
How is shsu fans bringing this on themselves for defending their team in threads related to them? How many shsu fans are currently posting on JMU threads? How many did that last year? This site is a joke man.

Are there any active JMU threads? Being 1st up gets a little more attention, milleniumsnowflake

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 06:54 PM
Bottom line, there is a trash talk thread. if that's what you want, take it there. It's one thing for richmond and shsu fans talking smack prior to a game about their game and quite another for one guy to feel he has the right to make every thread about his team. When/if shsu plays JMU again, game on. until then, this game is not about jmu vs shsu.

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 06:58 PM
just ignore this clown.

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 06:58 PM
Are there any active JMU threads? Being 1st up gets a little more attention, milleniumsnowflake

They don't need one, every thread is theirs. lol.

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 07:00 PM
There are no threads about JMU because no one gives a **** about Eastern Carolina on the Sprint Network. lolololol

I love it when modzies join in on the infantile name calling. Makes the site they rep seem that much more legit.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2017, 07:00 PM

Stop whining dude. I never said anything about them doing it right now. Up until playing JMU it was very, very thick and you know it. Then you left. So there is some residual crow that you left on the table (you being you and some others) with all the smack talk that went on back then.

You dished it, you f'n take it. You are a joke man. I'm trying to close it down a little bit and get it off the good threads but you want to come in and bitch about some little thing you took offense to? GFY, how is that?

You can't take it? Beat it. I don't care. But stop acting like your fanbase (and you) were not part of it.

cx500d
August 23rd, 2017, 07:01 PM
There are no threads about JMU because no one gives a **** about Eastern Carolina on the Sprint Network. lolololol

That is true.....I'm an equal opportunity ball buster. I busted on them for being scaredy kats about the East Carolina game.

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 07:02 PM
Stop whining dude. I never said anything about them doing it right now. Up until playing JMU it was very, very thick and you know it. Then you left. So there is some residual crow that you left on the table (you being you and some others) with all the smack talk that went on back then.

You dished it, you f'n take it. You are a joke man. I'm trying to close it down a little bit and get it off the good threads but you want to come in and bitch about some little thing you took offense to? GFY, how is that?

You can't take it? Beat it. I don't care. But stop acting like your fanbase (and you) were not part of it.

Never said we didn't, just said we didn't start it. I lurked the site all season and watched every fan base cry about us at polls. me and others just gave them something more to cry about. and boy did they ever. lol.

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 07:03 PM
So can we talk about our football game or that which maybe canceled with Richmond or no? You da boss. You say or no.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2017, 07:04 PM
Bottom line, there is a trash talk thread. if that's what you want, take it there. It's one thing for richmond and shsu fans talking smack prior to a game about their game and quite another for one guy to feel he has the right to make every thread about his team. When/if shsu plays JMU again, game on. until then, this game is not about jmu vs shsu.

AND, I stepped in to try and help that since I agree with you on it. But you have to come back in bitching when if you would just shut your mouth about it we might actually be able to get to what you say you would like. So do it. Talk something about the game and leave the crying about the guy that hasn't posted in here since I tried to step in and see if we can put it on track.

cx500d
August 23rd, 2017, 07:06 PM
So can we talk about our football game or that which maybe canceled with Richmond or no? You da boss. You say or no.

It better not be cancelled, or you guys will be called a bunch of chicken**** pussies....

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2017, 07:06 PM

It's up to you. I hope this is the case.

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 07:07 PM
Let me start again.

I'm sorry for myself and my shsu supporters. I'm sorry we are from texas. I'm sorry that we can't win the natty. I'm sorry that we are always at the top of the polls to start the season.

Now. Is that cool?

Can we please use your site to talk football with opposing fan bases now? Is that cool?

cx500d
August 23rd, 2017, 07:08 PM
Let me start again.

I'm sorry for myself and my shsu supporters. I'm sorry we are from texas. I'm sorry that we can't win the natty. I'm sorry that we are always at the top of the polls to start the season.

Now. Is that cool?

Can we please use your site to talk football with opposing fan bases now? Is that cool?

No its not OK...Never apologize for being from Texas....There's nothing to apologize for....Thats just embarrassing.

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 07:09 PM
So...how 'bout we move the game to NRG and ride out the storm in a huge hurricane party??

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2017, 07:10 PM
Let me start again.

Now. Is that cool?

Can we please use your site to talk football with opposing fan bases now? Is that cool?xthumbsupx

cx500d
August 23rd, 2017, 07:15 PM
So...how 'bout we move the game to NRG and ride out the storm in a huge hurricane party??

to 60,000 empty seats?

Nickels
August 23rd, 2017, 07:16 PM
It better not be cancelled, or you guys will be called a bunch of chicken**** pussies....
the next post

It's up to you. I hope this is the case.
xcoffeex Man up and enforce things equally if you're going to get on your soap box.

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 07:18 PM
to 60,000 empty seats?

As opposed to the empty 14,000 sunday? lol.

cx500d
August 23rd, 2017, 07:19 PM
As opposed to the empty 14,000 sunday? lol.

or as you call it, SHSU game day

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 07:20 PM
How would we be called **** if both AD's sit down and discuss avoiding a potential bad situation for players and fans? i don't think you realize how bad this could be for people in the area.

We just built two retention ponds beneath the stadium that have as of yet gone untested. We shall see how 20" impacts that. Hell, if that system stalls, we may not even be able to walk to the stadium. who knows.

Nickels
August 23rd, 2017, 07:21 PM
How would we be called **** if both AD's sit down and discuss avoiding a potential bad situation for players and fans? i don't think you realize how bad this could be for people in the area.
They really dont understand how bad the flooding will be if it is as bad as predicted.

On the bright side, the idiots will surely make it entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ih86WCoA0w

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 07:22 PM
They really dont understand how bad the flooding will be if it is as bad as predicted.

Clearly

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 07:23 PM
or as you call it, SHSU game day

basically.

cx500d
August 23rd, 2017, 07:23 PM

I agree flooding can be a problem for those living in low lying areas. Will it be a problem on the field? If its less than an inch deep on the field, should be fine.

cx500d
August 23rd, 2017, 07:24 PM

On the bright side, the idiots will surely make it entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ih86WCoA0w

Flooding has a way of enticing the darwinists out.

Nickels
August 23rd, 2017, 07:26 PM
I agree flooding can be a problem for those living in low lying areas. Will it be a problem on the field? If its less than an inch deep on the field, should be fine.
Dude. No one will be able to even make it to the stadium. Half of the roads around it will be underwater. You're clearly not comprehending the severity.

- - - Updated - - -

Our Cali transplants at their finest.

cx500d
August 23rd, 2017, 07:31 PM
Dude. No one will be able to even make it to the stadium.
- - - Updated - - -

Our Cali transplants at their finest.

1. So normal...
2. Sounds quite beneficial.

Nickels
August 23rd, 2017, 07:33 PM
1. So normal...
2. Sounds quite beneficial.
1. not bad
2. all fun and games until they vote

cx500d
August 23rd, 2017, 07:35 PM
1. not bad
2. all fun and game until they vote

Amen brother!

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 07:37 PM

bahahhahaha! Ok that was damn funny! I can't stay mad at a guy as funny as that! My concern is the travel for fans for richmond and their team. I would not want to be one of their fans trying to deal with IAH airport travel to Huntsville friday or saturday.

cx500d
August 23rd, 2017, 07:38 PM
bahahhahaha! Ok that was damn funny! I can't stay mad at a guy as funny as that! My concern is the travel for fans for richmond and their team. I would not want to be one of their fans trying to deal with IAH airport travel to Huntsville friday or saturday.

Hell, I wouldn't want anybody to have to deal with IAH traffic on a normal day

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 07:38 PM
The Two Deep rosters for both teams is up on Gobearkats.com.

Some surprises for SHSU imho. Also surprised that shsu OL is much bigger than Richmonds. Hope they can actually put that size to use.

Nickels
August 23rd, 2017, 07:44 PM

Some surprises for SHSU imho. Also surprised that shsu OL is much bigger than Richmonds. Hope they can actually put that size to use.
Saw that. Surprised not to see AJ Davis on the 2 deep. I think that says alot about the talent we've acquired on D. I genuinely think we'll see improvements.

cx500d
August 23rd, 2017, 07:45 PM

Its the South Texas cooking.

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 07:47 PM
Its the South Texas cooking.

well that theory goes out the window when you look at our WR/CB corp compared to the 6'3" giants the spiders run out at WR.

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 23rd, 2017, 07:47 PM
Can you post a link to that 2 deep?

caribbeanhen
August 23rd, 2017, 07:49 PM
Keeler suggested moving game to Tubby Raymond field

milleniumkat
Very impressive LBs for Richmond tho. Sheesh.

Nickels
Can you post a link to that 2 deep?
http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/19900/pdf/2017_SHSU_FB_Game_Notes_Richmond.pdf?_ga=2.2011288 78.1698650891.1503384492-1098432998.1500506066

cx500d
August 23rd, 2017, 07:51 PM

Wow...A little late for that. How about the dome in San Antonio?

McNeese75
August 23rd, 2017, 08:07 PM
Yes, you guys be careful. Hopefully it won't be that big of a rain event but it is not looking good to me.

If the game goes on as planned, I think the tailgating is going to suck. ;)

Doc

Well, I know there is a certain group of Kat tailgators that will be there regardless (especially if someone shows up with the tequila) xdrunkyx

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2017, 08:07 PM
the next post

xcoffeex Man up and enforce things equally if you're going to get on your soap box.

STFU. I've told both to stop and one has.

cx500d
August 23rd, 2017, 08:08 PM
What does St. Francis University have to do with a SHSU and Richmond thread? This place has gone insane!

Nickels
August 23rd, 2017, 08:09 PM
What does St. Francis University have to do with a SHSU and Richmond thread? This place has gone insane!
Atleast no ones being threatened with ass rape today...

cx500d
August 23rd, 2017, 08:11 PM
Atleast no ones being threatened with ass rape today...

Has anyone come out as a bisexual catholic yet? The night is young

Winston
August 23rd, 2017, 08:19 PM
I actually miss the JMU/ Sam Houston banter. It makes it fun.

BisonTru
August 23rd, 2017, 08:19 PM

I think STFU is going to have a decent season.

xninjax

cx500d
August 23rd, 2017, 08:22 PM
I think STFU is going to have a decent season.

xninjax

How'd you earn the "This user has been banned" banner? I've been trying all night to no avail!

32counter
August 23rd, 2017, 08:27 PM

new-Ark is a dump.Playing at a glorified high school 2X in one season is 2x too many.

TheRevSFA
August 23rd, 2017, 08:39 PM
How'd you earn the "This user has been banned" banner? I've been trying all night to no avail!

He basically made a photo from cat mans actual ban...

it takes a lot to get banned

Nickels
August 23rd, 2017, 08:41 PM
He basically made a photo from cat mans actual ban...

it takes a lot to get banned
Honestly. How could someone be any gayer?

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 08:49 PM

Not trying to keep it going, but technically both HAVE stopped. I was addressing your posts recently. not his. Just saying. Let's get facts straight. I come in peace.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2017, 08:53 PM
Not trying to keep it going, but technically both HAVE stopped. I was addressing your posts recently. not his. Just saying. Let's get facts straight. I come in peace.

Yes, you have. I should have clarified. At the time (my replies that Nickels was referring to) you had not but by the time of my reply to him you definitely had. Sorry for the lack of clarity.

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 08:55 PM
Yes, you have. I should have clarified. At the time (my replies that Nickels was referring to) you had not but by the time of my reply to him you definitely had. Sorry for the lack of clarity.

All I want is for you to be happy, I lost wife #1 over silly guff like this, i can't handle losing you too. I just can't.

caribbeanhen
August 23rd, 2017, 09:05 PM
new-Ark is a dump.Playing at a glorified high school 2X in one season is 2x too many.

Let's see, Richmond has a track, Delaware plays between hedges.... Case closed

Daytripper
August 23rd, 2017, 09:20 PM

Fair enough. I will observe without comment for now.

Daytripper
August 23rd, 2017, 09:25 PM

The ***king referees won't be able to make it. You, claiming to be from Texas, have no idea how our part of the state floods. It can be biblical at times....Allison....

Winston
August 23rd, 2017, 09:26 PM
Isn't banning Bison Tru a little extreme?

BisonTru
August 23rd, 2017, 09:33 PM
Honestly. How could someone be any gayer?

Meh, how about talking **** for six months as you play nobody but Stats ranks you high then get boathoused in the playoffs. Wash, rinse, repeat.

It'll be a five peat this year, right?

Sorry ursus, I'll see myself out.

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 09:34 PM
Anyway it goes, it sucks for the FCS. This was supposed to be a big event along with JSU and Chatty. Just sucks either way it shakes out. regardless, i can tell you no matter what happens now our crowd will likely suck.

JSUSoutherner
August 23rd, 2017, 09:44 PM
So is the storm supposed to be the on Sunday or passed by Sunday? What's the status? How likely is a relocation?

The drama in this thread is unbelievable.

caribbeanhen
August 23rd, 2017, 09:46 PM
So is the storm supposed to be the on Sunday or passed by Sunday? What's the status? How likely is a relocation?

nah, just a sitcom rerun....

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 09:47 PM
Meh, how about talking **** for six months as you play nobody but Stats ranks you high then get boathoused in the playoffs. Wash, rinse, repeat.

It'll be a five peat this year, right?

Sorry ursus, I'll see myself out.

Yeah your right. I member lurking on here in 2011 and you guys were very respectful of our team and program.

BisonTru
August 23rd, 2017, 09:50 PM
Yeah your right. I member lurking on here in 2011 and you guys were very respectful of our team and program.

No idea. I hadn't heard of this site till I joined.

caribbeanhen
August 23rd, 2017, 09:50 PM

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT09/refresh/AL092017_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind+png/211729_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

not looking good at all, those Depression and Storms symbols are pretty much right over the Stadiums....Yes?

theEDOGG
August 23rd, 2017, 09:51 PM

Waiting to see the latest update on the news. But rain could start as early as Friday and go all the way through Tuesday/Wednesday next week from what I've heard with accumulations anywhere from 3" to 20". Still a crapshoot at this time. Not really sure how likely a relocation would be.

32counter
August 23rd, 2017, 09:52 PM
Let's see, Richmond has a track, Delaware plays between hedges.... Case closed

Why Rocco left UR for the Chicken Farm:

https://www.princetonreview.com/schools/1022700/college/university-richmond?ceid=best-colleges

https://www.princetonreview.com/schools/1022739/college/university-delaware

Delaware:

Noted for and its ranking:

Lots of Beer (https://www.princetonreview.com/college-rankings/?rankings=lots-beer)

Lots of Greek Life (https://www.princetonreview.com/college-rankings/?rankings=lots-greek-life)

Party Schools (https://www.princetonreview.com/college-rankings/?rankings=party-schools)

Students Study the Least (https://www.princetonreview.com/college-rankings/?rankings=students-study-least)

Add the 68% acceptance rate for the University of new-Ark.A glorified high school.A joke.

caribbeanhen
August 23rd, 2017, 09:55 PM

https://www.princetonreview.com/schools/1022700/college/university-richmond?ceid=best-colleges

Delaware:

Lots of Beer (https://www.princetonreview.com/college-rankings/?rankings=lots-beer)

Lots of Greek Life (https://www.princetonreview.com/college-rankings/?rankings=lots-greek-life)

Party Schools (https://www.princetonreview.com/college-rankings/?rankings=party-schools)

Students Study the Least (https://www.princetonreview.com/college-rankings/?rankings=students-study-least)

Add the 68% acceptance rate for the University of new-Ark.A glorified high school.A joke.

not my fault you didn't get accepted at Newark.... man you are really butt hurt about the U of D and Newark ..... hilarous

JSUSoutherner
August 23rd, 2017, 09:56 PM
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT09/refresh/AL092017_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind+png/211729_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

not looking good at all, those Depression and Storms symbols are pretty much right over the Stadiums....Yes?

I didn't bother looking it up because I figured someone like you would find it for me.

Thanks.

caribbeanhen
August 23rd, 2017, 09:58 PM
I didn't bother looking it up because I figured someone like you would find it for me.

Thanks.

anytime

Nickels
August 23rd, 2017, 10:15 PM

No that's pretty far south near the Corpus area. Houston is just north of that yellow bay to the east of the track. Huntsville an hour north of that.

That track is for the eye. We're not worried about the eye or wind with this storm. It's the area of pressure that will force the depression to stall over us and pour for several days that's the issue. Rain predictions have varied today from 10-20" mostly widespread. We got 17" last year in a few spots (see below) and it caused a hell of a mess...and there was no surge pushing up the bayous. Cant imagine what a large widespread rain event like that will cause for the city of Houston.

The issue with the game will be getting teams, fans and media to and from Huntsville. The roads around the stadium cant handle flooding either. Damn things went underwater monthly it seemed.

https://s.w-x.co/TexasFlood043.JPG

http://organizetexas.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Houston-flooding-May-2015-1000x480.jpg

http://www.khou.com/img/resize/content.khou.com/photo/2016/08/17/Livingston5_1471235241497_5285099_ver1.0_147146566 5940_5412806_ver1.0.jpg?preset=534-401

milleniumkat
August 23rd, 2017, 10:16 PM
they are saying it may make a left after landfall and stall. if that happens we would just be dealing with regular rain..not forrest gump rain. lol. May not be that bad. Really pointless to even attempt to dissect it until Friday. which is why those with far more level heads than your boy MK are making the call on Friday. lol

caribbeanhen
August 23rd, 2017, 10:17 PM
No that's pretty far south near the Corpus area. Houston is just north of that yellow bay to the east of the track. Huntsville an hour north of that.

That track is for the eye. We're not worried about the eye or wind with this storm. It's the area of pressure that will force the depression to stall over us and pour for several days that's the issue. Rain predictions have varied today from 10-20" mostly widespread. We got 17" last year in a few spots and it caused a hell of a mess. Cant imagine what a large widespread rain event like that will cause.

somebody didn't want this game to be played

cx500d
August 23rd, 2017, 10:20 PM

That track is for the eye. We're not worried about the eye or wind with this storm. It's the area of pressure that will force the depression to stall over us and pour for several days that's the issue. Rain predictions have varied today from 10-20" mostly widespread. We got 17" last year in a few spots and it caused a hell of a mess. Cant imagine what a large widespread rain event like that will cause for the city of Houston.

The issue with the game will be getting teams, fans and media to and from Huntsville.

In other words, just the teams.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cx500d
August 23rd, 2017, 10:22 PM
somebody didn't want this game to be played

The baptists in Huntsville have been praying to save them of the embarrassment of an asswhooping so I think they may have got some sorcery going

Nickels
August 23rd, 2017, 10:28 PM
The baptists in Huntsville have been praying to save them of the embarrassment of an asswhooping so I think they may have got some sorcery going

I dont know. We fare pretty well here against the FCS. Ask your Bison.

- - - Updated - - -

Really pointless to even attempt to dissect it until Friday.
Agreed. Wouldnt completely shock me if it barely rained all weeked. You just never know with these.

TheRevSFA
August 23rd, 2017, 10:45 PM

That track is for the eye. We're not worried about the eye or wind with this storm. It's the area of pressure that will force the depression to stall over us and pour for several days that's the issue. Rain predictions have varied today from 10-20" mostly widespread. We got 17" last year in a few spots (see below) and it caused a hell of a mess...and there was no surge pushing up the bayous. Cant imagine what a large widespread rain event like that will cause for the city of Houston.

The issue with the game will be getting teams, fans and media to and from Huntsville. The roads around the stadium cant handle flooding either. Damn things went underwater monthly it seemed.

https://s.w-x.co/TexasFlood043.JPG

http://organizetexas.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Houston-flooding-May-2015-1000x480.jpg

http://www.khou.com/img/resize/content.khou.com/photo/2016/08/17/Livingston5_1471235241497_5285099_ver1.0_147146566 5940_5412806_ver1.0.jpg?preset=534-401

Do you not remember Allison?

that ****ed Houston pretty bad

ursus arctos horribilis
August 24th, 2017, 01:02 AM
All I want is for you to be happy, I lost wife #1 over silly guff like this, i can't handle losing you too. I just can't.

I'm worth the extra effort. You're welcome.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 24th, 2017, 01:05 AM
Isn't banning Bison Tru a little extreme?

Yes, it would be.

Henny
August 24th, 2017, 04:20 AM

Delaware:

Some chicken farm

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.southernliving.com/culture/school/beautiful-college-campuses

spdram
August 24th, 2017, 05:27 AM
Flip the game to Richmond so that we can keep the same time slot and national viewing audience with ESPNU, have Richmond pay the same money to SHSU they were to pay us, and have Richmond guarantee a return game to Texas in the next few years -- got to be decided soon to allow for travel and lodging arrangements. FCS schools get so few national TV opportunities neither school should want to lose this chance

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 05:51 AM

Easy. Let's not bring local religions into this. But you may be correct.

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 05:54 AM
Flip the game to Richmond so that we can keep the same time slot and national viewing audience with ESPNU, have Richmond pay the same money to SHSU they were to pay us, and have Richmond guarantee a return game to Texas in the next few years -- got to be decided soon to allow for travel and lodging arrangements. FCS schools get so few national TV opportunities neither school should want to lose this chance

agreed. Can i crash at your place? This game should be an event for FCS not just a game. I say move it or lose it.

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 06:35 AM
I can tell you there is some real coaching gamesmanship in SHSU's 2 deep roster.

bonarae
August 24th, 2017, 06:37 AM
Meanwhile...

It couldn't get any worse...

Friday can't come any sooner for fans of the playing teams...

Harvey might become a hurricane by tomorrow.

Better to have the TV rights given to the Richmond game instead... xcoffeex

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Winston
August 24th, 2017, 06:41 AM
I can tell you there is some real coaching gamesmanship in SHSU's 2 deep roster.
Or is it more like disinformation?

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 06:49 AM
Or is it more like disinformation?

I don't think so.

BNATION
August 24th, 2017, 07:00 AM
Im Back. Need to make a statement to start the season off!

Prediction: Weather is a non factor due to the rain cooling things off. Hopefully the rain is light to minimal by gametime (looks like it may be dying down by then.

-1st quarter-SHSU 7/Richmond 3
-2nd quarter-SHSU 17/Richmond 10
-3rd quarter-SHSU 27/Richmond 17
-4th quarter-SHSU 42/Richmond 30

theEDOGG
August 24th, 2017, 07:48 AM
Im Back. Need to make a statement to start the season off!

Prediction: Weather is a non factor due to the rain cooling things off. Hopefully the rain is light to minimal by gametime (looks like it may be dying down by then.

-1st quarter-SHSU 7/Richmond 3
-2nd quarter-SHSU 17/Richmond 10
-3rd quarter-SHSU 27/Richmond 17
-4th quarter-SHSU 42/Richmond 30

Hope you are correct! Hopefully we'll be able to get to Huntsville! EAT 'EM UP KATS!!!

Sammy94
August 24th, 2017, 08:12 AM
They are discussing the possibility of a new date for the game, not a new location. The issue is travel, it would be just as bad if the Kats were trying to get somewhere else to play.

Winston
August 24th, 2017, 08:24 AM
They are discussing the possibility of a new date for the game, not a new location. The issue is travel, it would be just as bad if the Kats were trying to get somewhere else to play.
The issue is probably ticket sales. How many tickets for the game has SHSU sold? If the game is moved to Richmond, SHSU loses those gate receipts.

jmufan999
August 24th, 2017, 08:46 AM
i imagine another huge issue is that this is supposed to be a nationally televised game. if you move it to 9/2, ESPNU is no longer going to be interested. too many other options that day.

BNATION
August 24th, 2017, 08:55 AM
I seriously doubt the game gets moved. Current forecast for Huntsville shows periods of rain with under 15mph winds. Things can always change but with a turf field and low chance for lighting just rain i would bet the boys play.

jmufan999
August 24th, 2017, 09:08 AM
I seriously doubt the game gets moved. Current forecast for Huntsville shows periods of rain with under 15mph winds. Things can always change but with a turf field and low chance for lighting just rain i would bet the boys play.

I thought the issue was flooding, not necessarily rain/lightning during the game?

BNATION
August 24th, 2017, 09:13 AM
again there will be some localized flooding but Houston will be the problem, Huntsville should be fine. And this thing could dissipate rather quickly once landfall is made and scatter to bits. Just spoke to a administrator and a decision will be made by COB today or early tomorrow.

Daytripper
August 24th, 2017, 09:30 AM
It's my understanding that everybody in Katy has been told to evacuate.

TheEagleSHSU
August 24th, 2017, 09:35 AM
again there will be some localized flooding but Houston will be the problem, Huntsville should be fine. And this thing could dissipate rather quickly once landfall is made and scatter to bits. Just spoke to a administrator and a decision will be made by COB today or early tomorrow.

This is what I am hearing as well from the AD office. SHSU and the City of Huntsville to huge steps a year or so ago to minimize or do away with all together the flooding in and around the University. Houston is about an hour south off Huntsville (Depending on how fast you drive) and has alot of low areas with bayous trying to contain water.

The problem with changing venue is travel for SHSU getting out if it is really that bad. Ask described over and over on this board and others, we don't fill our stadium on a regular basis, we've had to many deaths this year by the blue hairs to ensure a full stadium anyways.

BNATION
August 24th, 2017, 09:36 AM
That is most definately not correct. There is no call for evacuation for the Houston area at all. The only current evacuation call is for the Corpus Christi A&M campus.

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 09:37 AM
The issue is probably ticket sales. How many tickets for the game has SHSU sold? If the game is moved to Richmond, SHSU loses those gate receipts.

there's no way that is the concern. Tv money maybe. But no one cares about 3-4k in tix. Travel logistics is the main issue. it won't flood in huntsville, but traveling through houston will be an issue. they may need to re route through dallas.

BNATION
August 24th, 2017, 09:38 AM
Correct i grew up in the area and still live in the area. Not worried at all about the rain. The game should go on!

This is what I am hearing as well from the AD office. SHSU and the City of Huntsville to huge steps a year or so ago to minimize or do away with all together the flooding in and around the University. Houston is about an hour south off Huntsville (Depending on how fast you drive) and has alot of low areas with bayous trying to contain water.

The problem with changing venue is travel for SHSU getting out if it is really that bad. Ask described over and over on this board and others, we don't fill our stadium on a regular basis, we've had to many deaths this year by the blue hairs to ensure a full stadium anyways.

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 09:39 AM
It's my understanding that everybody in Katy has been told to evacuate.

harris county has been declared a preemptive disaster area.

BNATION
August 24th, 2017, 09:42 AM
Correct, pretty typical when a TS or hurricane is hitting Texas, it along with 29 other Counties.

harris county has been declared a preemptive disaster area.

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 09:43 AM
Not worth arguing. if you are cool traveling from houston to huntsvegas during a storm event feel free. i live in willis on a hill so it doesn't affect me. Enjoy yalls travel. see you sunday!

If richmond is cool with buddy holly planes into a storm at a 3rd world walker county airport, cool with me.

BNATION
August 24th, 2017, 09:53 AM
On another note happy about our spring and got to catch a practice this summer. Team looks sharp, bigger, and stronger. Physicality will be up for sure.

Sammy94
August 24th, 2017, 10:14 AM
Just a few pics from right outside of Bowers Stadium after 5 to 6 inches of rain one day.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRW30UoV3hSWJh4ssGW5ldatBS6hvZvA agddxMA-JpigEMRRNArrA

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/itemonline.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/f/df/fdfe564a-cfad-5cfb-8893-e92738cdef0f/564be2ffd39cf.image.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrYrhurRdHv_THsy7A3C8PKXPsPFsiB _NI7FFOCQt4GopN3cLKjA

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 24th, 2017, 10:16 AM
Is there any reason other than KC Keeler's fear of flying to Virginia that this game isn't being moved up here?

BNATION
August 24th, 2017, 10:18 AM
Accurate, but i was in town for that and what you are failing to mention is the amount of rain we had had in the 5 days leading up to this. Also we have made significant changes to flood control around the campus. Not saying it will matter if we get 15" but i doubt we get that much. 5" and we will be good to go.

Just a few pics from right outside of Bowers Stadium after 5 to 6 inches of rain one day.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRW30UoV3hSWJh4ssGW5ldatBS6hvZvA agddxMA-JpigEMRRNArrA

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/itemonline.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/f/df/fdfe564a-cfad-5cfb-8893-e92738cdef0f/564be2ffd39cf.image.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrYrhurRdHv_THsy7A3C8PKXPsPFsiB _NI7FFOCQt4GopN3cLKjA

Sammy94
August 24th, 2017, 10:19 AM
Is there any reason other than KC Keeler's fear of flying to Virginia that this game isn't being moved up here?

If Richmond is having issues getting here, Sam will have those same issues leaving.

URMite
August 24th, 2017, 10:30 AM
there's no way that is the concern. Tv money maybe. But no one cares about 3-4k in tix. Travel logistics is the main issue. it won't flood in huntsville, but traveling through houston will be an issue. they may need to re route through dallas.
Since you mentioned Dallas... How about we move the game to Frisco? Shouldn't that area be less affected by the weather?

Daytripper
August 24th, 2017, 10:30 AM
That is most definately not correct. There is no call for evacuation for the Houston area at all. The only current evacuation call is for the Corpus Christi A&M campus.

It was a joke. Anybody familiar with hurricanes in the Houston area know that Katy has an inordinate amount of evacuation jitters.

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 10:52 AM
Since you mentioned Dallas... How about we move the game to Frisco? Shouldn't that area be less affected by the weather?

Far less. I'd vote to play the damn game on your lawn at this point so i'm the wrong guy to ask. lol. The game should be able to be played. It's the travel logistics that concern me. I know some seem to want to play the macho tough guy routine on his as if we were talking about just bad weather. That's on them.

Some are saying it may be a Cat3 by Friday morning at landfall. who knows. I just love people. That's all. I may have to work if it gets bad so i may not be able to go anyway.

URMite
August 24th, 2017, 10:59 AM
Far less. I'd vote to play the damn game on your lawn at this point so i'm the wrong guy to ask. lol. The game should be able to be played. It's the travel logistics that concern me. I know some seem to want to play the macho tough guy routine on his as if we were talking about just bad weather. That's on them.

Some are saying it may be a Cat3 by Friday morning at landfall. who knows. I just love people. That's all. I may have to work if it gets bad so i may not be able to go anyway.
Another option...move it back to original - Thurs 8/31.

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 11:06 AM
Another option...move it back to original - Thurs 8/31.

I'm all in on that as well. But the $$ impact would be big.

SFspidur
August 24th, 2017, 11:08 AM
And lose the TV slot, because ESPN has to broadcast three different versions of Ohio State vs. Indiana on their channels on 8/31.

The Pud
August 24th, 2017, 11:10 AM
And lose the TV slot, because ESPN has to broadcast three different versions of Ohio State vs. Indiana on their channels on 8/31.

+1

Hahahaha, this is so true!

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 11:14 AM

Exactly. LMAO! But that's not my concern obviously but both AD's need to agree to that. Plus maybe they can appeal to ESPN to cut at least some sort of check due to the circumstances. They need to save some face and goodwill pending their actions lately

URMite
August 24th, 2017, 11:14 AM
True. but I'd rather play the game later than watch The Weather Channel on the U Sunday Night. If it comes to that...

BNATION
August 24th, 2017, 11:26 AM
storm is getting worse than expected. May be wise to move to Thursday...

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 11:29 AM
storm is getting worse than expected. May be wise to move to Thursday...

No no no! Don't back down now! lmao. Let's just ride this out together! Think of what we can do on the hills leading into the new retention ponds!!

BNATION
August 24th, 2017, 12:13 PM
I do like your thinking.

No no no! Don't back down now! lmao. Let's just ride this out together! Think of what we can do on the hills leading into the new retention ponds!!

Daytripper
August 24th, 2017, 12:27 PM
There she is boys....

https://s.w-x.co/wu/harvery-vis-aug24a_0.png

alvin.kmiec
August 24th, 2017, 12:28 PM

When did Championship turn into championships?

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 12:31 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170824/e578e8d19f2fcf5212c0de72cadcb874.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170824/255b1b62ec94ef3ca1068bcadb076ee9.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170824/1e5b12bbe133a707710344c86bf7036f.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170824/a8bd0e0220aaf06eb369ecd7a1a9c82e.jpg

Daytripper
August 24th, 2017, 12:32 PM
Look at that eye. This is no bueno.

https://a.disquscdn.com/get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimagizer.imageshack.us%2Fv2%2 F1024x768q90%2F922%2FrC2yzf.jpg&key=TSufMKyd5qUuPHfbfuu8DQ&w=800&h=534

alvin.kmiec
August 24th, 2017, 12:33 PM

I bet he will be gone faster than a east Texas Lovebug in a hurricane if his team falls apart this season.

Daytripper
I haven't seen Rev posting lately. Hoping he gets the hell out of Galveston.

Matt

Not to defend jmu or perpetuate this ****, but they have 2. 12 years apart, but still

ursus arctos horribilis
August 24th, 2017, 12:37 PM

2004 & 2016 makes it plural.

Winston
August 24th, 2017, 12:39 PM
Not to defend jmu or perpetuate this ****, but they have 2. 12 years apart, but still
And I hate to say this, but they have a good shot to repeat this year.

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 12:40 PM
I bet he will be gone faster than a east Texas Lovebug in a hurricane if his team falls apart this season.

I'm forbidden to discuss it. Sorry.

Nickels
August 24th, 2017, 12:41 PM
There she is boys....

https://s.w-x.co/wu/harvery-vis-aug24a_0.png
She got some good beauty sleep. Was looking better for us late last night but this mornings rain forecast are looking pretty bleak.

RIP Rev.

milleniumkat
August 24th, 2017, 12:42 PM
2004 & 2016 makes it plural.

I don't count any championships prior to 2011, PreNDSU. That was a different day and age. But that's just me.

Nickels
August 24th, 2017, 12:43 PM
I don't count any championships prior to 2011, PreNDSU. That was a different day and age. But that's just me.
Same here. 2011 was the start of the modern FCS era. Everything prior is irrelevant.

Sammy94
August 24th, 2017, 12:48 PM
Same here. 2011 was the start of the modern FCS era. Everything prior is irrelevant.

That is when Sam was finally relevant. There was FCS before Fritz boys. There was also 17 people at Bowers for games, at least we are up to 50 people now!!!

ursus arctos horribilis
August 24th, 2017, 12:50 PM
I'm forbidden to discuss it. Sorry.

You are the one that asked me to help with this and now you are putting it up as you are forbidden? If you want me to, I'll let it go back to what it was? If you ask for help my man you better stop biting the hand that feeds ya.

You sure as the hell don't want to start discussing disappearing acts.

cx500d
August 24th, 2017, 12:51 PM

I believe those pics are just your septic tanks backing up.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 24th, 2017, 12:52 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't either. Oh no wait am minute, I do count two other ones I guess.:D