PDA

View Full Version : 2018 24HoB AGS Challenge

Southern Bison
August 12th, 2017, 11:49 PM
Let's build off of our success! We helped FPC raise over $10K for the 2017 ride in Charlotte.

Easy way to help FPC while enjoying your team's on-field successes...offer up a $$ amount for every TD scored by your alma mater/favorite FCS football team for the 2017 season. Even $1 per score helps beat cancer. That's anywhere from $40-$60. Some of you will spend more than that on beer to watch those same touchdowns happen. Don't worry...you have until mid-July 2018 to get your pledge into FPC's account.

The 2018 24HoB AGS Challenge has been thrown down today. Who will match me at $5 per TD? Who will raise the bar even higher to kick cancer's ass?

Southern Bison
October 25th, 2017, 04:18 PM
41 TDs for the Bison through 7 games. Four more regular season games plus the playoffs...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

FormerPokeCenter
October 25th, 2017, 08:38 PM
Awesome! Geaux Bison! ;
)

Southern Bison
January 7th, 2018, 10:13 PM
Awesome! Geaux Bison! ;
)Well, the final stats are in. Thanks in part to weak playoff opponent defenses, the total TDs for the 2017 National Championship Bison is 79.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

FormerPokeCenter
January 30th, 2018, 04:50 PM
Well....it's that time again....the 24 Foundation officially opened 2018 fundraising last Wednesday, on the 24th. (See what they did there?)

I was gonna kinda give you guys a breather and not really make any solicitations until a little later, but...Holy Crap, we're off to our fastest start ever. I made a few solicitations on FB and a few days later, we're over $2,000 with 29 donors. And that's with just FB. No e-mail solicitations and nothing on AGS...

Part of that had to do with my 55th birthday coinciding with the kick off of the 2018 campaign and I did a #55for55 challenge. Lots of people have responded and I've been advised that I'm probably a little remiss in not making solicitations here, too.

So..here goes! Help me celebrate my 55th trip around the sun with a $55 dollar cancerfighting donation to the 24 Hours of Booty. It's tax deductible!

Last year was our best year, ever, raising about $10,584 when the dust finally settled. We also raised close to $3K for young Buck Ranson, an 11-year old Leukemia survivor. If you add that in, we were close to $14K.

So far, this year, we're off to an even better start. Usually, it's March before I'm over $2K. We did it this year in less than a week.

You guys have been phenomenal in your support of the ride since the Rev made the original challenge in 2012. Right now, we're closing in on $75K in total funds raised since 2010 and if I can hit $15K this year and next, that'll put us over the $100K mark in 10 years of fund raising.

You guys have been a major part of that. AGS support ROCKS!

Who wants to help me push the total closer to $15k?

https://events.24foundation.org/fundraiser/1233596

FormerPokeCenter
February 9th, 2018, 10:58 AM
Huge thanks to Southern Bison, for yet another of his great donations to the cause, and for his incredible hospitality during last year's ride, putting me up in 5 star accommodations and treating me to a Bison Steak at Ted Turner's new restaurant in Weddington, NC.

SB's been tying his donations to the Bison's offensive performance and this last year, he upped the bar by donating $5 for each of the 79 Bison touchdowns that NDSU scored on their way to yet another National Championship.

Mark's been a major donor to the ride for the last several years, he may have outdone himself this year!

SB, THANK YOU for the fantastic support. I really apppreciate it more than I can adequately express.

You ROCK!

And, Geaux Bison!

FormerPokeCenter
March 4th, 2018, 05:33 PM
More thanks are in order......TheRev made an absolutely fantastic donation to the cause this weekend. I believe this is his largest single donation, ever and it makes him the largest individual donor to my ride so far this year...

The Rev's been instrumental in helping get us over the $70K mark. In 2012, he first made the case for supporting the ride here on AGS and we raised a little over $2K that first year. I think he's directly responsible for somewhere between 15 and 20K in AGS donations over the last six years, either through direct donations or what he's challenged the rest of AGS to contribute.

I appreciate all of the support from AGS and I'm especially grateful for The Rev stepping up with that original challenge in 2012.

Rev, you ROCK!