PDA

View Full Version : What threads to read first?

mikegladsz
January 31st, 2007, 08:25 AM
Hello everyone, I joined here just this week.

Forgive me for my laziness, but I was hoping anyone could point me to any notable threads that I should have a read of first, so I can get up to speed here?

Thanks very much, Mike Gladstone

lizrdgizrd
January 31st, 2007, 08:29 AM

Forgive me for my laziness, but I was hoping anyone could point me to any notable threads that I should have a read of first, so I can get up to speed here?

Just pick a forum and start reading.
I suggest the FCS Discussion if you're interested in recruiting and schedules.
If you want random fun try the AGS Lounge.
If you want to make fun of someone, or see someone get made fun of, then start at the FCS Smack then read everywhere else too. :thumbsup:

spelunker64
January 31st, 2007, 08:41 AM
Welcome: Read this one

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18295&highlight=newbie

YoUDeeMan
January 31st, 2007, 11:10 AM
Welcome to the board, mikegladsz. Pick an avatar and start posting.

The offseason is a little slow on the football news, but the Lounge and the Political thread are always going strong.

However, signing day is a week away, so that helps.

BTW, spelunker64 has hooked you up with a good thread.

GannonFan
January 31st, 2007, 11:45 AM
Oh, and beware any thread about the GPI - if you dare to voice any opposition to or criticism of it your stay here may not be very long. Be afraid, be very afraid! :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

lizrdgizrd
January 31st, 2007, 11:55 AM
Oh, and beware any thread about the GPI - if you dare to voice any opposition to or criticism of it your stay here may not be very long. Be afraid, be very afraid! :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:
You got your sig back?! :hurray: :hurray:

GannonFan
January 31st, 2007, 01:09 PM
You got your sig back?! :hurray: :hurray:

That's not me (despite OL FU's contention that me and "that other poster" are the same) - he's still drawing the ire of the establishment I believe. :nono: :nono: :nono:

OL FU
January 31st, 2007, 01:47 PM
That's not me (despite OL FU's contention that me and "that other poster" are the same) - he's still drawing the ire of the establishment I believe. :nono: :nono: :nono:

That would be OL FU's certainty:smiley_wi

lizrdgizrd
January 31st, 2007, 01:52 PM
His logical arguments have persuaded me that you are indeed the same. :nod:

MarkCCU
January 31st, 2007, 01:53 PM
start in the lounge

GannonFan
January 31st, 2007, 01:57 PM

UD and Furman hook up in '08 and '09 - if we make it down to Greenville or you to Newark we can finally settle this once and for all. However, the invalidity of the GPI will still be a topic that will have the establishment looking for ways to squash all non-believers. ;)

OL FU
January 31st, 2007, 02:03 PM
UD and Furman hook up in '08 and '09 - if we make it down to Greenville or you to Newark we can finally settle this once and for all. However, the invalidity of the GPI will still be a topic that will have the establishment looking for ways to squash all non-believers. ;)

:nod: :nod: :nod:

and we will also settle the SoCon/A-10 discussion once and for all:smiley_wi

I do hope to meet a lot of the henfans next year. I would be extremely disappointed if I didn't not.

However, I think that game will have to be a road Ralph trip, so tell bill not to wear that GPI sucks sweatshirtxlolx

YoUDeeMan
January 31st, 2007, 02:05 PM
:nod: :nod: :nod:

and we will also settle the SoCon/A-10 discussion once and for all:smiley_wi

I do hope to meet a lot of the henfans next year. I would be extremely disappointed if I didn't not.

However, I think that game will have to be a road Ralph trip, so tell bill not to wear that GPI sucks sweatshirtxlolx

Thanks for the idea! :thumbsup:

What size do you wear? :nod:

GoldandBlack
January 31st, 2007, 02:08 PM
And from a "newbie" thread, a clothing line is born.:hurray:

GannonFan
January 31st, 2007, 02:49 PM
And from a "newbie" thread, a clothing line is born.:hurray:

The groundswell that is opposition to the GPI and the insidious effort to stamp out any public dissension of it is capable of many things - in this case, a clothing line. ;)

89Hen
January 31st, 2007, 04:50 PM
The groundswell that is opposition to the GPI and the insidious effort to stamp out any public dissension of it is capable of many things - in this case, a clothing line. ;)
For the record, I have nothing against the GPI... if they would just get rid of the stupid computer rankings, everything would be OK.

Oh yeah, welcome Mike! Please throw your colors up so we know what we're dealing with here. :thumbsup:

citdog
January 31st, 2007, 05:10 PM
Find my pride and joy................... the Dingleberry Martin thread!

Grizo406
January 31st, 2007, 06:41 PM

Welcome to AGS, Mike!

I'd suggest reading any, and all posts by Griz fans.

For your viewing pleasure, I'd recommend any thread, or post that has a picture of Washington/Grizzly stadium in it...you'll be up to speed in no time!xlolx xlolx xlolx

YoUDeeMan
January 31st, 2007, 08:52 PM

Uh, Mike, you are still stuck on post number 1. :eek: You need to get to 100 before you can vote in the AGS poll. Quick, think of something absurd and post it in the political lounge. :) Then defend it by attacking other people and avoiding their actual agument. xlolx xlolx xlolx

GannonFan
January 31st, 2007, 09:30 PM
For the record, I have nothing against the GPI... if they would just get rid of the stupid computer rankings, everything would be OK.

Oh yeah, welcome Mike! Please throw your colors up so we know what we're dealing with here. :thumbsup:

So basically you're okay with the GPI as long as they just basically make it the average of the two major polls that already exist and aren't terribly dissimilar. Yeah, that's not a major change. :rolleyes: xlolx :nod:

lizrdgizrd
February 1st, 2007, 10:39 AM

You know the computer rankings end up being better predictors of success than the human ones (well, the good ones). :nono: