PDA

View Full Version : 9/2: Villanova @ Lehigh

Pages : [1] 2

Lehigh Football Nation
August 9th, 2017, 03:53 PM
Does Lehigh have any sort of chance against the nationally-ranked Wildcats?

Know Your 2017 Opponents: Villanova (http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2017/08/know-your-2017-opponents-villanova.html)

Fordham
August 9th, 2017, 04:37 PM
Engineers need to make sure they're not looking ahead to the Fordham game. Nova is good

KPSUL
August 9th, 2017, 05:22 PM
Lehigh has a slight chance if they can get the offense moving at the start and make Villanova play catchup. Other than one Colgate game in the playoffs, every PL team UNH has played in recent years has run plays that just take too long to develop. If Lehigh does that against Villanova, they will get absolutely smothered by the NOVA defense. They could increase their chances if Fordham would loan the Engineers Chase Edmunds for the game.

RichH2
August 9th, 2017, 06:06 PM
Going to be very tough. Unlike last year, Nova not coming off a Pitt game. They will be a fresh veteran squad. LU should be able to score but I think we will need to win TOP to protect our D to get a W. We have a very good RB in Dom behind a veteran OL. Even so we will need to establish pass 1st with Mayes and WRs to give the run game some room.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
August 9th, 2017, 06:14 PM
Going to be very tough. Unlike last year, Nova not coming off a Pitt game. They will be a fresh veteran squad. LU should be able to score but I think we will need to win TOP to protect our D to get a W. We have a very good RB in Dom behind a veteran OL. Even so we will need to establish pass 1st with Mayes and WRs to give the run game some room.

Game comes down to Lehigh's front 7. They were pushed around by Nova and UNH last year. They have depth and 5th year guys which is something that hasn't existed since 2011. They MUST be able to control the 'Nova ground game. 'Nova is going to churn out yards but hopefully not 396 worth.

Lehigh's offense will have enough success to be in position to win. The defense win tell the tale....

Go Green
August 9th, 2017, 07:25 PM

The Ivy won its last game against Nova.

cx500d
August 9th, 2017, 07:45 PM

Know Your 2017 Opponents: Villanova (http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2017/08/know-your-2017-opponents-villanova.html)

I'd say yes, they have an excellent chance.

van
August 9th, 2017, 08:01 PM
Lehigh has a slight chance if they can get the offense moving at the start and make Villanova play catchup. Other than one Colgate game in the playoffs, every PL team UNH has played in recent years has run plays that just take too long to develop. If Lehigh does that against Villanova, they will get absolutely smothered by the NOVA defense. They could increase their chances if Fordham would loan the Engineers Chase Edmunds for the game.

no doubt about Edmunds talent, but our RB, Dom, is excellent and RB will not be a weakness for our O, what we could use is a LB like Butkus

RichH2
August 9th, 2017, 08:59 PM
no doubt about Edmunds talent, but our RB, Dom, is excellent and RB will not be a weakness for our O, what we could use is a LB like Butkus

Hell with Butkus gimme Groome.

UNHWildcat18
August 9th, 2017, 09:39 PM
I think they have very little chance, Nova's defense is too good and Lehigh's defense is too ****ty

Pard4Life
August 9th, 2017, 10:33 PM
Too early... go home...

Go...gate
August 9th, 2017, 11:52 PM
They absolutely have a chance, especially at home.

caribbeanhen
August 10th, 2017, 07:43 AM
They have a chance, Lehigh will not get shut down at home by the Nova D like S Dakota State

RichH2
August 10th, 2017, 08:51 AM
I think they have very little chance, Nova's defense is too good and Lehigh's defense is too ****ty

If this were last year I agree. D this year is to a certain extent an unknown right now. UNH in playoffs faced a LU team with no healthy QBs, starting NG out and a patchwork 2ndary missing 2 starters rotating frosh back there. Right now DL and 2ndary are healthy. Our issue is replacing the LBs and Rover. We' ll see.

LUHawker
August 10th, 2017, 10:00 AM
Too early... go home...

Yeah, you Lafayette guys are used to going home early after a couple of games.

ngineer
August 10th, 2017, 12:11 PM
I agree the pass game needs to click early to open up the running lanes. A quick pass game. Defense, though, will be the key. If we keep 'nova under 30, like last year, the game is very winnable.

Gangtackle11
August 10th, 2017, 12:26 PM
I don't think Nova's defense will be as strong as last season, but with the exception of some questions at the DE position it will be a good defense. The backers & backs will be among the top of the CAA & nationally.

The 3-3-5 defense requires DL to take on blockers to free up blitzing linebackers & safeties. Lehigh can be effective with the dinks & dunks if Nova has to commit more of their back 8 to generate a pass rush. If theLehigh QB can get it out quickly then Lehigh has receivers that can hurt Nova for sizable gains. Your small dynamo back is very good (I'm not buying AA status) and hard to find with a low center of gravity.

I can see Lehigh scoring anyway from the low 20s to low 30s. What I don't see them doing is stopping Villanova run 1st spread offense. Only untimely turnovers will do that. Nova should duplicate or come close to the 50+ carries& 400+ yards generated on the ground last year. I think if Lehigh's defense can answer back it will be a very tight game.

Fun game to start the season. Lehigh home is an advantage.

Will be something like 31-21 or 38-28. Of course, I like Nova here. Shocking right?

RichH2
August 10th, 2017, 12:50 PM
I agree the pass game needs to click early to open up the running lanes. A quick pass game. Defense, though, will be the key. If we keep 'nova under 30, like last year, the game is very winnable.

+1

RichH2
August 10th, 2017, 12:53 PM
I don't think Nova's defense will be as strong as last season, but with the exception of some questions at the DE position it will be a good defense. The backers & backs will be among the top of the CAA & nationally.

The 3-3-5 defense requires DL to take on blockers to free up blitzing linebackers & safeties. Lehigh can be effective with the dinks & dunks if Nova has to commit more of their back 8 to generate a pass rush. If theLehigh QB can get it out quickly then Lehigh has receivers that can hurt Nova for sizable gains. Your small dynamo back is very good (I'm not buying AA status) and hard to find with a low center of gravity.

I can see Lehigh scoring anyway from the low 20s to low 30s. What I don't see them doing is stopping Villanova run 1st spread offense. Only untimely turnovers will do that. Nova should duplicate or come close to the 50+ carries& 400+ yards generated on the ground last year. I think if Lehigh's defense can answer back it will be a very tight game.

Fun game to start the season. Lehigh home is an advantage.

Will be something like 31-21 or 38-28. Of course, I like Nova here. Shocking right?

Pretty much agree on score just not who gets the W. :)
Dom is a 4.4 guy who runs north south. Not much wiggle. But at 230 lbs I would not characterize him as small.

van
August 10th, 2017, 01:03 PM
actually, I like our running game against the 3-3-5 D, our OL might be the best we have had in a number of years

caribbeanhen
August 10th, 2017, 02:06 PM
besides, Dom Bragalone is a beast.... sorry I tried to spell his name....

Gangtackle11
August 10th, 2017, 02:07 PM
Pretty much agree on score just not who gets the W. :)
Dom is a 4.4 guy who runs north south. Not much wiggle. But at 230 lbs I would not characterize him as small.

4.4 230lbs. I didn't see that last season, but if you say so. Those 4.4 times laser or dad's stop watch? Jim Brown #s.

51 carries 400+ yards. & Nova QB had probably his worst game statistically. I don't see much tackling in your videos that I watched last season & saw it 1st hand. Nova will play keep away if you guys don't have an answer.

Until you can convince me that you are stopping that type of run production it's difficult to see Lehigh beating Nova.

van
August 10th, 2017, 02:22 PM
51 carries 400+ yards. & Nova QB had probably his worst game statistically. I don't see much tackling in your videos that I watched last season & saw it 1st hand. Nova will play keep away if you guys don't have an answer.

Until you can convince me that you are stopping that type of run production it's difficult to see Lehigh beating Nova.

agree with until, check back on 9/2

RichH2
August 10th, 2017, 03:13 PM
4.4 230lbs. I didn't see that last season, but if you say so. Those 4.4 times laser or dad's stop watch? Jim Brown #s.

Not his Dad or us. He had a 4.37 at PSU combine, electronic time. He is 10 lbs heavier now so perhaps a tad slower but not all that much.
Tackling was pathetic eary last year. Once Lambert came back D improved. Too often 2ndary could not finish tackles. Agree it needs to improve substantially vs your run 1st O. DL now in a 4 set and all healthy should help there. LBs are the biggest issue for us. Lots of bodies but not much experiencr.

PAllen
August 10th, 2017, 04:01 PM

Yeah, if you're looking for tackling, film of the Lehigh defense for the last 4-5 years is not the place to look.

The Pud
August 10th, 2017, 04:08 PM
This should be a interesting matchup. I will go with Lehigh in an upset. Lehigh 24 Villa 20

RichH2
August 10th, 2017, 04:27 PM
Yeah, if you're looking for tackling, film of the Lehigh defense for the last 4-5 years is not the place to look.

Yup. Some good hitters but too few to make a difference. Not sure whether this started when Chagani graduated or when Andy stopped practicing tackling. Either way it has been an ongoing issue.

Lehigh'98
August 11th, 2017, 07:13 AM
I have a really bad feeling about this game. I hope I'm wrong.

RichH2
August 11th, 2017, 08:44 AM
I have a really bad feeling about this game. I hope I'm wrong.

Naah. Dont sweat it. I alternatepreseason from rose colored glasses to foretaste of impending doom :).
We are what we are. Play our game well with a decent amount of D and its an even match with a slight edge to us. If not, learn and get ready for #2.

CHIP72
August 11th, 2017, 05:18 PM
I hope the game is close but not so close that it is not decided when I need to leave to go to Dulles Airport that day at about 2:45 PM.

ngineer
August 13th, 2017, 09:05 PM
Yup. Some good hitters but too few to make a difference. Not sure whether this started when Chagani graduated or when Andy stopped practicing tackling. Either way it has been an ongoing issue.

It is an issue everywhere. Ever since they have pussified practice to avoid concussions, the tackling has gone south.

RichH2
August 14th, 2017, 08:37 AM
It is an issue everywhere. Ever since they have pussified practice to avoid concussions, the tackling has gone south.

Andy started using donuts like NFL squads do. Caveat NFL tackling techniqued very hit and miss. Mostly quite poor.
For LU, the number of missed and/ or brok en tackles is frustrating. Lack of strength or technique?

Lehigh Football Nation
August 14th, 2017, 10:49 AM
http://image.lehighvalleylive.com/home/lvlive-media/width960/img/sports_impact/photo/lafayette-football-team-hosts-lehigh-on-nov-19-2016-a22eb96f9e227eb4.jpg

This picture doesn't really have a lot of relevance to the season opener. But I think it's important anyway

RichH2
August 14th, 2017, 11:41 AM
http://image.lehighvalleylive.com/home/lvlive-media/width960/img/sports_impact/photo/lafayette-football-team-hosts-lehigh-on-nov-19-2016-a22eb96f9e227eb4.jpg

This picture doesn't really have a lot of relevance to the season opener. But I think it's important anyway

Well OK. :)
Great picture. Does set the tone at least for the fans for the upcoming season.

Fordham
August 14th, 2017, 02:08 PM
poor guy is painfully in lust behind that crew.

ngineer
August 16th, 2017, 10:07 PM
Andy started using donuts like NFL squads do. Caveat NFL tackling techniqued very hit and miss. Mostly quite poor.
For LU, the number of missed and/ or brok en tackles is frustrating. Lack of strength or technique?

Too many guys throw their bodies at runners like missiles thinking the mere force of their contact will do the job and many times it doesn't. Stick the shoulder in while still driving with the legs and wrap, goddamit!

citdog
August 16th, 2017, 10:22 PM

Yankee girls sure are UGLY...

The one on the right is a 4 at the College of Charleston or Ole Miss...

CFBfan
August 17th, 2017, 07:54 AM

Cmon now dodge that's someone's daughter

RichH2
August 17th, 2017, 08:01 AM
Too many guys throw their bodies at runners like missiles thinking the mere force of their contact will do the job and many times it doesn't. Stick the shoulder in while still driving with the legs and wrap, goddamit!
Yup like they are blocking on a sweep. God gave us arms to hug loved ones, carry groceries and tackle, not necessarily in that order :)

Go Green
August 17th, 2017, 10:06 AM

The old John Cusack movie "The Sure Thing" made a similar joke, subbing UCLA for CoC/Ole Miss.

Ivytalk
August 19th, 2017, 07:04 AM

But an 11 at Dartmouth.xnodx

KPSUL
August 19th, 2017, 08:23 AM

But a 15 at The Military College of South Carolina:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25867&stc=1

Go Lehigh TU Owl
August 19th, 2017, 09:33 AM
Back on track....

2 weeks!!! xhypedxxhypedxxhypedx

RichH2
August 19th, 2017, 12:31 PM
Back on track....

2 weeks!!! xhypedxxhypedxxhypedx

Oh yes. My only wish is if we had a game before Nova.

van
August 19th, 2017, 12:31 PM

OUCH!

Gangtackle11
August 20th, 2017, 05:25 AM

Wait.....I thought the 4 horsemen was Notre Dame football legend?

Go Green
August 21st, 2017, 10:36 AM
But an 11 at Dartmouth.xnodx

And one can only wonder what the Harvard men's soccer team would write about her if she were in Cambridge. :)

Gangtackle11
August 23rd, 2017, 06:04 AM
Villanova media day quotes:

http://www.villanova.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082217aab.html

Gangtackle11
August 24th, 2017, 10:09 AM
Nice article on Villanova defense:

http://www.delcotimes.com/sports/20170823/wildcats-are-bent-on-staying-stingy

Go...gate
August 24th, 2017, 03:24 PM
Both clubs look strong.

Gangtackle11
August 24th, 2017, 04:28 PM
Both clubs look strong.

It will be a good game. xpeacex Villanova is a TD fav. That's about right.

HailSzczur
August 25th, 2017, 12:50 PM
Been out of the loop with football a bit the last 2 season or so since graduating, completely forgot we had a game before Temple. Nothing going on next weekend, might have to make the trip up

citdog
August 25th, 2017, 06:24 PM
Villanova will win by at least 24pts. If they do not then they are overrated.

caribbeanhen
August 25th, 2017, 06:25 PM
It will be a good game. xpeacex Villanova is a TD fav. That's about right.

I'm thinking this one goes down to the wire, Lehigh shocks us with the upset....

Gangtackle11
August 25th, 2017, 07:18 PM
Villanova will win by at least 24pts. If they do not then they are overrated.

Well we beat Lehigh 26-21 last season and finished about where we are rated in the preseason. Not sure I can buy into your comment, but you are welcome to voice it. xpeacex

I hope you are right about the margin of victory.

I think Lehigh fans are emboldened by last year's game. Nova was sleep walking in the 1st half with their annual week after FBS game letdown. To Lehigh's credit they came to play, but the second half Nova righted the ship and pushed a very poor tackling Lehigh defense all over the field. I believe you will see more of the same from Nova, but with no FBS hangover.

Im going 28-20, but Lehigh scores late to make it closer than the game really will be, but I like the way you think. xpeacex

citdog
August 25th, 2017, 07:22 PM
Well we beat Lehigh 26-21 last season and finished about where we are rated in the preseason. Not sure I can buy into your comment, but you are welcome to voice it. xpeacex

I hope you are right about the margin of victory.

Last year was an aberration. A top half of the CAA team should WHIP the best of the patsy league. If you don't then you drop in the polls.

Engineer86
August 25th, 2017, 08:46 PM
Last year was an aberration. A top half of the CAA team should WHIP the best of the patsy league. If you don't then you drop in the polls.

Either you need to remove your rose color glasses, or you need to slow the motor on your trolling boat. I am betting the latter. I have a large stack on your 24 put spread.

citdog
August 25th, 2017, 09:06 PM
Either you need to remove your rose color glasses, or you need to slow the motor on your trolling boat. I am betting the latter. I have a large stack on your 24 put spread.

How large? I am Jew after all...

van
August 26th, 2017, 07:13 AM
Been out of the loop with football a bit the last 2 season or so since graduating, completely forgot we had a game before Temple. Nothing going on next weekend, might have to make the trip up

hope Nova travels well, Goodman is a very nice venue although early Sept games can get a bit warm in the stands if it is a sunny day, don't forget the sun screen

MR. CHICKEN
August 26th, 2017, 08:46 AM
How large? I am Jew after all...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25936&stc=1............AH'M GUESSIN'.........UH NOSE FULL UH NICKLES..............BRAWK!

Gangtackle11
August 26th, 2017, 09:06 AM
We're focused:

https://mobile.twitter.com/novafbvideo/status/901425446302228480

Lehigh'98
August 26th, 2017, 11:02 AM
Taking my almost 3 yr old girl to the game, can't wait. I've been stressing the importance of a strong OOC schedule to her, but it's almost like she doesn't care.

RichH2
August 26th, 2017, 11:51 AM
Taking my almost 3 yr old girl to the game, can't wait. I've been stressing the importance of a strong OOC schedule to her, but it's almost like she doesn't care.
Wow 3 already. She will in another 10-12 years :)

caribbeanhen
August 26th, 2017, 08:28 PM
my Lehigh upset pick is looking a little better .....

cx500d
August 26th, 2017, 09:52 PM

She must be a Sam Houston Fan....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
August 26th, 2017, 10:19 PM
my Lehigh upset pick is looking a little better .....

Why won't Delaware come to Philly to play Temple? Temple has reached out to UD....

ngineer
August 26th, 2017, 11:20 PM
Got some words from a former coach who has been out to Lehigh's practices and sees a real offensive show developing. Not only are Casey and Pelletier on fire, but Sasha Kelsey is 100% and running wild out of the slot. With the OL almost intact from last year as well as the backfield, this will be a tough operation to stop. Lehigh's key will be the growth of the LB corps. The DL is looking very good. the LB's are athletic, but limited game experience, so we will see how quickly they learn "in game" conditions. Special teams also look solid. I think it will be very important for Lehigh to get some early stops on D and score quickly to put pressure on 'nova. 'cats are expected to win. After all, they are from the exalted CAA and a legitimate top ten team. I agree that last year's game means nothing for comparison's sake. Both teams can take positives from it to build on for this game. Just too bad the game is on Labor Day weekend which will deflate the crowd. I would expect about 12,000 on any other weekend, but will be happy to see 8,000. Weather may also start to get warmer again by next weekend. Players have been coddled by this cool August--five straight days in the upper 70's. Yes, nova fans, if a sunny day, bring your sunscreen. The visitor's stands face right into the sun. My initial gut sense sees this a high scoring game and I'm calling Lehigh to redeem last year's loss, due in part to a missed field goal early in the game that took away a game winning field goal at the end, to upset the Wildcats 41-38.

caribbeanhen
August 26th, 2017, 11:22 PM
Why won't Delaware come to Philly to play Temple? Temple has reached out to UD....

I have heard from good sources that Delaware tried to play Temple and was told no thanks.... Delaware fans would love to see this game

ngineer
August 26th, 2017, 11:25 PM
I have heard from good sources that Delaware tried to play Temple and was told no thanks.... Delaware fans would love to see this game
That is a another UD rivalry that should be renewed...along with ours!

ngineer
August 26th, 2017, 11:42 PM
Lehigh HC Coen announced this year's captains as selected by the players: Brandon Short (OL), Zach Duffy (OL), Jimmy Mitchell (DL) and Sam McCloskey (S). Short and Duffy are fifth year seniors on medical redshirts. Mitchell has really stepped up since last year and McCloskey is only a junior. It has been almost 15 years since an underclassmen was chosen as a captain, to my memory...and another DB named Salvatore, I think. Annual "Steak Fry" is tomorrow, so we'll see what else is learned from that.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
August 26th, 2017, 11:47 PM

From what I gather Delaware wants the game in Baltimore similar to the JMU-VTech game at FedEx Field.

PAllen
August 27th, 2017, 03:46 AM
From what I gather Delaware wants the game in Baltimore similar to the JMU-VTech game at FedEx Field.

Why in the world Baltimore? Both teams are in the Philly area.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
August 27th, 2017, 05:37 AM
Why in the world Baltimore? Both teams are in the Philly area.

Delaware doesn't want to play at the Linc or have it a true Temple home game.

RichH2
August 27th, 2017, 05:54 AM
ngineer
Thanks for the eyewitness view, even if 2nd hand :).
Does appear that Woetxel and Seighman are makimg biggest impression on Andy at LB.

Gangtackle11
August 27th, 2017, 06:56 AM
hope Nova travels well, Goodman is a very nice venue although early Sept games can get a bit warm in the stands if it is a sunny day, don't forget the sun screen

We travel, but not well unless it's to the Final Four. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
August 27th, 2017, 07:16 AM

I haven't heard that, Delaware would want to play the game at the LInc.... going to Baltimore would pizz both fan bases off

MR. CHICKEN
August 27th, 2017, 08:20 AM
.....WOODN'T GO TA BALTIMORE......TA SEE FLACCO/AQUARIUM/ORIOLES/TITTIE BARS.......(OK,,,,, MAYBEAH DUH BARS)........NOT ALONE DUH OWLS........YOU-DEE......HAS TAKEN 'EM ON SEVERALAH TIMES......IN PHILLY.......WHAA.....NOT NOW....xconfusedx.............AH'D GO WHIFF.........POPPYCOCK!......AWK!

Lehigh Football Nation
August 27th, 2017, 10:05 AM
No really, insisting the game is in Baltimore is completely whack. That's like Lehigh saying to UMass, "We'll only play you if it's in the Linc". Stupid.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
August 27th, 2017, 10:22 AM
No really, insisting the game is in Baltimore is completely whack. That's like Lehigh saying to UMass, "We'll only play you if it's in the Linc". Stupid.

Does it make any less sense than JMU and VTech playing in DC?

ngineer
August 27th, 2017, 12:26 PM
ngineer
Thanks for the eyewitness view, even if 2nd hand :).
Does appear that Woetxel and Seighman are makimg biggest impression on Andy at LB.

Yes. I spoke with our DC today and he confirms that they excellent young athletes. The question is how fast they pick up the new system and recognize the reads. Any issues will more likely be proper adjustments as opposed to physical. No serious injuries coming out of camp. Of course, without two-a-days and limited contact why should there be??!!! Everyone very high on the "O". Mayes looks like a freaking linebacker! Pelletier has become a real leader on the "O" and the addition of a healthy Kelsey will put much more pressure on the any D's secondary. Also met our our new special teams coach. Kicking game should be very solid this year. Mish has come back very well from off season rehab. Very exciting time for Lehigh football.

Gangtackle11
August 27th, 2017, 01:00 PM
Very exciting time for Lehigh football.

If your defense can stop the run & tackle against teams outside the PL. Otherwise it's last season all over again. xpeacex

PAllen
August 27th, 2017, 02:32 PM

Yes very much so. Much of VT's support comes from Northern Virginia, plus VT is making a concerted effort to be a force in the DC market at least on par with Univ of Maryland. Add in that JMU also gets quite a few students from north of Richmond and yeah it actually makes a lot of sense. VT and WVU are playing at FedEx this year.

PAllen
August 27th, 2017, 02:34 PM
Yes. I spoke with our DC today and he confirms that they excellent young athletes. The question is how fast they pick up the new system and recognize the reads. Any issues will more likely be proper adjustments as opposed to physical. No serious injuries coming out of camp. Of course, without two-a-days and limited contact why should there be??!!! Everyone very high on the "O". Mayes looks like a freaking linebacker! Pelletier has become a real leader on the "O" and the addition of a healthy Kelsey will put much more pressure on the any D's secondary. Also met our our new special teams coach. Kicking game should be very solid this year. Mish has come back very well from off season rehab. Very exciting time for Lehigh football.

But can they tackle. That's the real question that won't be answered until week 1.

Gangtackle11
August 27th, 2017, 02:42 PM
But can they tackle. That's the real question that won't be answered until week 1.

Bingo. Agreed. Definitely an interesting game to open the season. xpeacex

Go...gate
August 27th, 2017, 09:37 PM
Go get 'em, Engineers!

Gangtackle11
August 29th, 2017, 08:51 PM
http://scout.com/college/villanova/Article/Villanova-Football-Coach-Ferrante-Week-One-QA-106587468

Gangtackle11
August 29th, 2017, 09:17 PM
Lehigh Game Notes:

http://static.lehighsports.com/custompages/Game%20Notes/Football/2017/Game%20one%20Lehigh%20vs%20Villanova%20090217.pdf# _ga=2.15614070.1126901043.1504059217-141449189.1504059217

Go...gate
August 30th, 2017, 02:27 AM

That is a fine old Middle Atlantic Conference rivalry - UD should go to Philly to play. Game would be a good draw.

van
August 30th, 2017, 05:44 AM
Lehigh Game Notes:

http://static.lehighsports.com/custompages/Game%20Notes/Football/2017/Game%20one%20Lehigh%20vs%20Villanova%20090217.pdf# _ga=2.15614070.1126901043.1504059217-141449189.1504059217

when does Nova get around to posting their notes?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
August 30th, 2017, 10:28 AM
The Wedge's Lehigh preview

http://thefcswedge.com/a-look-at-what-is-happening-around-the-country/patriot-league-preview-lehigh/

LUHawker
August 30th, 2017, 10:40 AM
The Wedge's Lehigh preview

http://thefcswedge.com/a-look-at-what-is-happening-around-the-country/patriot-league-preview-lehigh/

This was an excellent preview. Accurate, well-balanced and objective assessment of Lehigh. I'll be reading other reviews.

RichH2
August 30th, 2017, 10:56 AM
This was an excellent preview. Accurate, well-balanced and objective assessment of Lehigh. I'll be reading other reviews.
They are all as good. Man does the research and understands college football.
Fingers are crossed for Saturday.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 30th, 2017, 11:12 AM
What does Villanova have to hide re: their game notes? xeyebrowx

Gangtackle11
August 30th, 2017, 11:51 AM
What does Villanova have to hide re: their game notes? xeyebrowx

Always slow to the dance. Comes out on Thursday usually. Like it or not we are a basketball school that plays FCS football.

- - - Updated - - -

Article on defense/special teams:

http://scout.com/college/villanova/Article/2017-Villanova-Football-Preview-Defense-Special-Teams-106657600

Gangtackle11
August 30th, 2017, 08:09 PM
Aug. 29, 2017BETHLEHEM, Pa. – During the first weekly CAA Football teleconference of the season on Monday, Head Coach Mark Ferrante (http://www.villanova.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mark_ferrante_11187.html) talks about his first offseason as a head coach, this weeek’s matchup against Lehigh and breakout players to look for this season. Below is a transcript of Ferrante’s comments.

Villanova Head Coach Mark Ferrante (http://www.villanova.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mark_ferrante_11187.html)

On what the biggest difference has been going from assistant coach to head coach: The biggest difference for me has been not having to coach a specific position, not having those pre-practice meetings and not having those individual periods on the field. Also, each day there is more things coming across your desk, typically not football related, but day-to-day things seem to go a lot faster and two hour practices on the field seems to go a lot slower. It’s been a smooth transition and hopefully we can show that on the field.

On starting the season with an FCS team as opposed to an FBS team: I can’t remember the last time that we didn’t open up with an FBS opponent. When you have those games (FBS) the expectations might not be as high because you’re playing a level up. From our perspective, it doesn’t matter who we’re playing. Lehigh is a very formidable opponent, they went 9-2 and won the Patriot League championship last year and then faced a tough opponent in New Hampshire so, it will be interesting but we’re excited to get underway regardless of who were playing. They’re a top 20 ranked team, so we have more than our hands full.

In response to the game against Lehigh last year at Villanova and how much he compares that game to this upcoming one: A little bit of both, but each year is a different year regardless of who you’re playing. I know they have a lot of depth back on both sides of the ball, as do we, but no matter how many people you have coming back each year is going to be different. We look forward to going up there and hope to be a little more consistent offensively than we were a year ago and hopefully continue the strong defense we had a year ago to combat one of the best returning offenses in the country.

On the atmosphere around the team this year: We have a huge amount of enthusiasm. We have a great senior nucleus coming back and the theme of this preseason has been to finish. We struggled to finish some games last year and struggled to score in some losses. I think the team is super excited to get started again with as many people returning as we have. We’re striving for consistency across the board for four quarters every game. That’s what the seniors have been pushing, to go out and finish each game.

On one player from each side of the ball that fans will be surprised by this upcoming season: I don’t know if you’ll be surprised by Zach (Bednarczyk) but he has continued to improve and I think he’ll be a guy people will notice for sure. We’re healthy at running back and healthy at wide receiver, so I think you’ll see Zac Kerxton (http://www.villanova.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/zac_kerxton_1023229.html), Alex Padovani (http://www.villanova.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/alex_padovani_905655.html) and Taurus Phillips (http://www.villanova.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/taurus_phillips_905641.html)at wide out. (Aaron) Forbes and (Matt) Gudzak at running back. On defense, Rob Rolle (http://www.villanova.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/rob_rolle_905643.html) is a name everyone is familiar with; at line backer we have Ed Shockley (http://www.villanova.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ed_shockley_905644.html) and Jeff Steeb (http://www.villanova.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jeff_steeb_905658.html). Maybe Drew Wiley (http://www.villanova.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/drew_wiley_974990.html) at linebacker replacing Austin Calitro (http://www.villanova.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/austin_calitro_812936.html) because the other names are ones people know. Also, up front, our biggest area of replacement, we’re moving young guys around so Trajan Anderson (http://www.villanova.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/trajan_anderson_1052666.html), Jafonta Johnson (http://www.villanova.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jafonta_johnson_974960.html) and Aaron Seigle (http://www.villanova.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/aaron_seigle_1023352.html) will be the guys on the rise where you’ll hear their name more.

On the challenges Lehigh presents: We have to slow down that explosive offense. They have all their playmakers back. They’re top 10 in just about every offensive category a year ago, so I’m looking for our experienced secondary to match up against their experienced skill on offense. Hopefully we can hang in there defensively and slow them down and then on offense, again, consistency. We averaged over 30 points a game in our nine victories from last year and in our losses we scored seven or less. That’s been the theme, consistency and finishing the game. I know they (Lehigh) have a lot of guys back on defense as well so it should be a close contested game with our strengths matching up against each other.

On how he is feeling being just four days away from head coaching his first collegiate game ever: I’m a little nervous, very excited and really looking forward to the challenge. It’s a lot of emotions wrapped up in one and its only Monday. Ask me again maybe Saturday morning and we’ll see how that goes.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 31st, 2017, 07:38 AM
The LFN preview!

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2017/08/villanova-at-lehigh-game-preview-battle.html

Drinks, burgers, an early look at the teams, Lehigh's two-deep analysis.

Later today: Narrative Alert, and tomorrow, X and O breakdown.

Gangtackle11
August 31st, 2017, 08:20 AM
Lehigh's local paper take:

http://www.mcall.com/sports/college/mc-spt-lehigh-football-villanova-preview-20170830-story,amp.html

OldKat95
August 31st, 2017, 10:23 AM
She must be a Sam Houston Fan....
Ya know, however true that may be, it still hurts....

Lehigh'98
August 31st, 2017, 10:37 AM
Anyone got a good weather forecast for the game? Is this going to be played in a downpour?

RichH2
August 31st, 2017, 10:44 AM
Anyone got a good weather forecast for the game? Is this going to be played in a downpour?
40% chance of showers

CHIP72
August 31st, 2017, 11:19 AM

The state of Virginia is across the Potomac River from D.C. The state of Delaware is at least 50 miles from Baltimore.

Mind you, with both Virginia Tech and James Madison located in the Shenandoah/Great Valley, that game should be played out there IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gangtackle11
September 1st, 2017, 05:33 AM
Villanova Game Notes:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/nova/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2017-18/release/release_20170831aaa.pdf

Lehigh Football Nation
September 1st, 2017, 08:58 AM
All your Lehigh game narratives in one place:

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2017/09/villanova-at-lehigh-game-narratives.html

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 1st, 2017, 11:25 AM
All kinds of good stuff for this game..

The Wedge's Preview
http://thefcswedge.com/patriot/game-preview-9-villanova-at-19-lehigh/

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 1st, 2017, 12:10 PM
All your Lehigh game narratives in one place:

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2017/09/villanova-at-lehigh-game-narratives.html

This game feels a little like Delaware in '99 and 'UNH in 2011. This game is rolled out like a red carpet for Lehigh, good or bad....

Gangtackle11
September 1st, 2017, 12:11 PM
All kinds of good stuff for this game..

The Wedge's Preview
http://thefcswedge.com/patriot/game-preview-9-villanova-at-19-lehigh/

Nice write up by Coach Coen. xpeacex

Lehigh Football Nation
Game Breakdown and Fearless Prediction:

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2017/09/villanova-at-lehigh-game-breakdown-and.html

Go Lehigh TU Owl

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2017/09/villanova-at-lehigh-game-breakdown-and.html

It feels a little like Delaware in '99 and 'UNH in 2011. Villanova has been circled since the UNH dumpster fire in the playoffs. This game is rolled out like a red carpet for Lehigh, good or bad....

Go...gate
September 1st, 2017, 01:46 PM

Nice job. Liked that you had the guts to bring up Massimino's complicated legacy.

Gangtackle11
September 1st, 2017, 02:20 PM
Nice job. Liked that you had the guts to bring up Massimino's complicated legacy.

Not enough Villanova basketball fans that care about our football team. RIP Rollie.

Gangtackle11
September 1st, 2017, 04:12 PM
Ik all u Patriot League fans are circling the wagons supporting the Mountain Hawks, but just a little dose of reality on the eve of this game.

Villanova is 29-4 against Patriot League opponents. That's a 87.9% winning percentage.

So like I've said all along Lehigh has a shot tomorrow, but it's about as good as an FCS team playing an FBS team.

We'll see you Brownies tomorrow!! Sleep well tonight. xpeacex

LUHawker
September 1st, 2017, 04:27 PM
Ik all u Patriot League fans are circling the wagons supporting the Mountain Hawks, but just a little dose of reality on the eve of this game.

Villanova is 29-4 against Patriot League opponents. That's a 87.9% winning percentage.

So like I've said all along Lehigh has a shot tomorrow, but it's about as good as an FCS team playing an FBS team.

We'll see you Brownies tomorrow!! Sleep well tonight. xpeacex

We just ramped up to a full squad of schollies and even have some 5th year guys, so for the first time in well, forever, we're competing on close to equal footing, so I don't think the historical record is a strong barometer. Still the Wildcats should be favored, but the gap is definitely shrinking.

CHIP72
September 1st, 2017, 05:05 PM
Not enough Villanova basketball fans that care about our football team. RIP Rollie.

That would be true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lehigh Football Nation
September 1st, 2017, 05:51 PM
Thanks for all the bits on Rollie Massimino. I debated whether to put it in there, and originally I had it as the lede, which was tripping me up because it wasn't germane to the football preview. I'm glad I put it in there and I'm glad it was well received.

Gangtackle11
September 1st, 2017, 08:52 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UfuskhK_uAo&feature=share

Kemo
September 2nd, 2017, 07:55 AM
Sorry if this was asked/answered already:

What are the viewing options for this game? Streaming anywhere?

CHIP72
September 2nd, 2017, 08:34 AM
Sorry if this was asked/answered already:

What are the viewing options for this game? Streaming anywhere?

Because it is a Lehigh home game, it will be available for streaming for free via the Patriot League Network.

Kemo
September 2nd, 2017, 08:46 AM
Because it is a Lehigh home game, it will be available for streaming for free via the Patriot League Network.
Awesome. Thanks.

RichH2
September 2nd, 2017, 10:05 AM
Weather update
Sun and clouds mid 60s

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 2nd, 2017, 11:33 AM
Game time!

HailSzczur
September 2nd, 2017, 11:34 AM
Patriot League Network not working for anyone else? I'm just spinning in circles here waiting to load

HailSzczur
September 2nd, 2017, 11:35 AM
NVM, all good now

HailSzczur
September 2nd, 2017, 11:39 AM
We are a first down machine

Engineer86
September 2nd, 2017, 11:40 AM
Can't get video to work either

dwtime
September 2nd, 2017, 11:41 AM
Villanova made that look easy, never even had a 3rd down on that drive.

Lehigh'98
Lol. Defense still a joke. 7-0

dwtime
Go to watchstadium.com

HailSzczur
September 2nd, 2017, 11:42 AM
Villanova made that look easy, never even had a 3rd down on that drive.

We didn't even see a 2nd down....poor chain gang

dwtime
September 2nd, 2017, 11:44 AM
We didn't even see a 2nd down....poor chain gang
You are right!

caribbeanhen
September 2nd, 2017, 11:44 AM

me neither...

RichH2
September 2nd, 2017, 11:45 AM
D clueless on that drive. Not even token fight. Ugh.
O best score a real lot.

HailSzczur
September 2nd, 2017, 11:46 AM
How did he not get out of the way? ugh

dwtime
September 2nd, 2017, 11:47 AM
me neither...
watchstadium.com

caribbeanhen
September 2nd, 2017, 11:48 AM
Go to watchstadium.com

Video is not available at the moment. Please try again later.

JSUSoutherner
September 2nd, 2017, 11:51 AM
Lehigh looks like their getting some good blocking up front but the quarterback is just taking days.

Also I have no sound. Anyone else having that problem?

RichH2
September 2nd, 2017, 11:53 AM
LU not much better on 1st drive. Ugh.
We are better than this, well at least on O we should be :)

- - - Updated - - -

D picked it up forced a 3 and out.

Engineer86
September 2nd, 2017, 11:55 AM
watchstadium.com

Yep says video is not available no try back later

HailSzczur
September 2nd, 2017, 11:55 AM
Lehigh looks like their getting some good blocking up front but the quarterback is just taking days.

Also I have no sound. Anyone else having that problem?

Defaulted to volume off for me. Had to turn it on at the bottom right

dwtime
September 2nd, 2017, 11:56 AM
Video is not available at the moment. Please try again later.
Strange I'm getting a good feed.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 2nd, 2017, 11:56 AM
Lehigh settling in. They can run on nova

RichH2
September 2nd, 2017, 11:57 AM
Bragalone and Pelletier LU driving

HailSzczur
September 2nd, 2017, 11:58 AM
Strange I'm getting a good feed.

Real good quality, I've got it casting up on the 54" curve and it looks great. Well done Lehigh/PL

RichH2
September 2nd, 2017, 11:59 AM
LU at the 14 on back to back Mayes passes

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 2nd, 2017, 12:01 PM
Run run run....TD Lehigh

dwtime
Real good quality, I've got it casting up on the 54" curve and it looks great. Well done Lehigh/PL
Yeah way better than ESPN3, that feed is terrible for football games.

PAllen
what game are the zebras watching?

The spots are terrible, that wasn't a first down, that wasn't a false start.

Lehigh'98
September 2nd, 2017, 12:03 PM
7-7 . Let's go LU

PAllen
September 2nd, 2017, 12:04 PM
Holy crap! an open field tackle by a DB!

I'll stop now.

caribbeanhen
September 2nd, 2017, 12:05 PM

your out deep sea fishing and watching the game too.... man

HailSzczur
September 2nd, 2017, 12:06 PM
Hell of a scarmble Zack. Fantastic job stepping through that late blitz

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 2nd, 2017, 12:08 PM
7-7 end of 1Q

Teams seem evenly matched...

Kemo
September 2nd, 2017, 12:11 PM
Looked like it might be a boat race after the 4 play TD drive for Villanova followed by the Lehigh 3-and-out, but the Hawks stabilized and equalized.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 2nd, 2017, 12:12 PM
Cant get off the field on 3rd down. Defense still cant stepup...

HailSzczur
September 2nd, 2017, 12:13 PM
Great gritty drive there. Some big plays from Zack B and Bell throwing those tacklers off him

WestCoastAggie
September 2nd, 2017, 12:14 PM
For the stadium feed, Lehigh is spelled "Lehight." xeyebrowx

RichH2
September 2nd, 2017, 12:16 PM
Well that didnt last long.
Nova 14-7

Kemo
September 2nd, 2017, 12:18 PM
For the stadium feed, Lehigh is spelled "Lehight." xeyebrowx

Sounds like a case of Napoleon Complex to me.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 2nd, 2017, 12:22 PM
The Lehigh D is tissue soft still. My goodness...

Lehigh can move the ball. Need points on this drive....

RichH2
September 2nd, 2017, 12:23 PM
Nova 21-7

2ram
September 2nd, 2017, 12:23 PM
i think the all the PL teams running the spread offense is somehow killing the league's ability to play defense.

van
September 2nd, 2017, 12:24 PM
swiss cheese

RichH2
LU D still giving up big plays . Not much different than last year.

HailSzczur
I feel like all Gudzak does is make big runs. First TD was a 70 yard run in garbage time on parents weekend his FR year

van
September 2nd, 2017, 12:25 PM
sorry Rich, but so far worse than last year

Kemo
September 2nd, 2017, 12:25 PM
i think the spread offense is somehow killing the ability to play defense in the patriot league.
Practicing against the spread (or scout players recruited to run the spread) really hurts the defense when they square up off against a power oriented team like Villanova.

PAllen
September 2nd, 2017, 12:27 PM
I'm about done with this team until they can find some D and some play calling. We traded away Air Lehigh for this vanilla spread/read option nonsense. Our defense went from mediocre to Hank Small bad.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 2nd, 2017, 12:28 PM
Mayes to keep it once on the reae

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 2nd, 2017, 12:30 PM
Huge penalty

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 2nd, 2017, 12:33 PM
Huge response!

Kemo
September 2nd, 2017, 12:35 PM
Lehigh has some fight in them.

CHIP72
Lehigh needs to get a defensive stop here. Villanova has had their way offensively on their last two drives.

HailSzczur
Amazed Lehigh got out of the 3rd and 22

2ram
September 2nd, 2017, 12:37 PM
Practicing against the spread (or scout players recruited to run the spread) really hurts the defense when they square up off against a power oriented team like Villanova.

or army...

HailSzczur
September 2nd, 2017, 12:38 PM
Dear god, Bell is just having his way with tacklers

RichH2
September 2nd, 2017, 12:39 PM
Excellent drive. Pelletier and Christiano.

HailSzczur
September 2nd, 2017, 12:40 PM
Are these announcers a 75 year old married couple? Their arguments are....interesting

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting play call. 30 yard wheel route on 3rd and 11

RichH2
September 2nd, 2017, 12:42 PM
D makes a couple of good plays. Then gives up a big one. Scenario of our D last year.

RichH2
September 2nd, 2017, 12:43 PM
Finally a stop. Lu 2 mins left at oen 39

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 2nd, 2017, 12:44 PM
Villanova got away with targeting to pelletier

RichH2
September 2nd, 2017, 12:44 PM
Pelletier gets us to Nova red zone.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 2nd, 2017, 12:45 PM
Brutal fumble

Lehigh'98
September 2nd, 2017, 12:45 PM
Just unbelievable. Huge fumble by us.

PAllen
September 2nd, 2017, 12:46 PM
If LU gives up a TD here, we're done. Nova the better coached squad.

HailSzczur
September 2nd, 2017, 12:46 PM
#1 better sit his ass down the rest of the game

Kemo
September 2nd, 2017, 12:47 PM
Disagree. Pelletier dropped his head.

RichH2
September 2nd, 2017, 12:48 PM
Stripped ball. Holy crap. Huge mistake. Could be a game changer. Ugh

Go Lehigh TU Owl
The LU run defense is terrible. Nova really cant stop Lehigh O but it likely wont matter....

van
swiss cheese

HailSzczur
Spiking the ball is too much now?

RichH2
Disagree. Pelletier dropped his head.
Makes no difference under rule. Still a penalty.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 2nd, 2017, 12:49 PM
28 first half points against an offensively challenged team....yikes

PAllen
September 2nd, 2017, 12:49 PM

Nah, good non call. Pelletier ducked his head into the tackler's shoulder pad.

RichH2
September 2nd, 2017, 12:51 PM
28 -14.
One hell of a hole with our swiss cheese D. That fumble a game changer .

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Lehigh needs at least 3 here

HailSzczur
Dear god these penalties

PAllen
September 2nd, 2017, 12:52 PM
Makes no difference under rule. Still a penalty.

Sure it does. Not a penalty if the ball carrier lowers his head to initiate the contact.

RichH2
September 2nd, 2017, 12:53 PM
Refs suck. The standard issue PL crew.
We have a shot here. LU desperately needs a score.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 2nd, 2017, 12:54 PM
TP not the same

2ram
September 2nd, 2017, 12:54 PM
'nova imploding with penalties and turnovers, ala 2013 when fordham upset them.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 2nd, 2017, 12:55 PM
Lehigh not ready to win this game. An atrocious kick....

HailSzczur
September 2nd, 2017, 12:56 PM
As long as we don't keep making stupid stupid mistakes, I feel really good about us so far

PAllen
So instead of waving this:

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0HlNOtch2D0XOXxS/source.gif

Should LU fans start wearing these:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/b6/62/bc/b662bc374279a61de9b40331f1f9f9a2.jpg

RichH2
2 drops inside the Nova 5. Ugh.Missed the FG. Cluster f* ck series for LU. Not the way to go into 2nd half.

CHIP72
September 2nd, 2017, 12:57 PM
Andy Coen is one frustrated coach.

Lehigh'98
September 2nd, 2017, 01:01 PM
one of the most frustrating games I can remember. Blown opportunities and no defense

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 2nd, 2017, 01:01 PM
Lehigh offense is as good as i expected but the D is so soft against the run. Nova is obviously very good but they dont really have elite playmakers by CAA standards.

Very frustrating first half

- - - Updated - - -

one of the most frustrating games I can remember. Blown opportunities and no defense

Indeed!

HailSzczur
September 2nd, 2017, 01:12 PM
I miss you Andy

van
September 2nd, 2017, 01:13 PM
Nova may or may not have elite play makers but they know how to block, down field blocking especially good

RichH2
September 2nd, 2017, 01:15 PM

Frustrating to watch. LU has had their chances. Total clutch by O at the end. Nova O just not that good but we keep forgetting QB can run. We gave up 185 yds 1st half.. Sutyak had to know Nova runs. Players clueless. 4 man DL has not made any difference so far.

HailSzczur
September 2nd, 2017, 01:16 PM
Nova may or may not have elite play makers but they know how to block, down field blocking especially good

Someone teach the Defense how to do that now

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 2nd, 2017, 01:18 PM
Well that didnt take long! TD Lehigh!

HailSzczur
September 2nd, 2017, 01:19 PM
Well this just got interesting

van
September 2nd, 2017, 01:20 PM
how about a Penn second half?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 2nd, 2017, 01:22 PM
Lol....you cant make this up....10 yards behind the secondary

HailSzczur
September 2nd, 2017, 01:22 PM
Lehigh just got 1 up-ed on the HR ball

PAllen
September 2nd, 2017, 01:23 PM
Why call a delayed blitz to the weak boundary side on 3-10 at midfield?

van
September 2nd, 2017, 01:25 PM
Why call a delayed blitz to the weak boundary side on 3-10 at midfield?

exactly!

Lehigh'98
September 2nd, 2017, 01:25 PM
Painful to watch. Getting beat deep on 3&10. No pressure on qb. Nova is a good team, we are making them look like the 1999 Rams here though.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 2nd, 2017, 01:27 PM
This could be the nail in the coffin drive for the nova O

PAllen
September 2nd, 2017, 01:28 PM
And the receivers pick themselves on the crossing patterns. smfh

HailSzczur
September 2nd, 2017, 01:28 PM
Looking through the NFL roster moves, looks like Nova OL Brad Seaton was cut by the Titans today

RichH2
September 2nd, 2017, 01:29 PM
Blown call by Sutyak. Weak late blitz no pressure. Another big play given up by D.

HailSzczur
September 2nd, 2017, 01:30 PM
Bell is practically un tackle-able today

PAllen
September 2nd, 2017, 01:32 PM
Glad I didn't trek the family 4+ hours for this hot mess.

PAllen
September 2nd, 2017, 01:35 PM
I'm sorry, but these play calls on both O and D are idiotic. LU's coaching staff needs to go.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 2nd, 2017, 01:38 PM
Run the ball! Dom is getting solid yards

HailSzczur
September 2nd, 2017, 01:41 PM
After 2 TD in the first 1:30, I did not expect 4 straight punts

RichH2
September 2nd, 2017, 01:42 PM

Brisson is not Folmar. He is overthinking. Sutyak s/b better but he hasnt shown much today. Thd curse of new OC and DC.

RichH2
September 2nd, 2017, 01:43 PM
That said he does habe his guys bettdr set so far in wnd half. Forcing punts.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 2nd, 2017, 01:45 PM
TD Lehigh! The O is still nasty!

Time for the D to have another meltdown....

HailSzczur
September 2nd, 2017, 01:50 PM
I love watching Gudzak run

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 2nd, 2017, 01:51 PM
Brisson is not Folmar. He is overthinking. Sutyak s/b better but he hasnt shown much today. Thd curse of new OC and DC.

Offense playinv great against a really good D. All complaints should be directed towards pathetic D

HailSzczur
September 2nd, 2017, 01:52 PM
Touchdown here and some decent clock management, and we should be set

RichH2
September 2nd, 2017, 01:52 PM
Well we gotta win the 4th.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 2nd, 2017, 01:54 PM
And nova manages to execute a fg. Up 2 possessions

HailSzczur
September 2nd, 2017, 01:56 PM
HOLY **** WE ACTUALLY MADE A FIELD GOAL

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 2nd, 2017, 01:57 PM
HOLY **** WE ACTUALLY MADE A FIELD GOAL

Nova doing the little things better than Lehigh is the difference in this game

HailSzczur
September 2nd, 2017, 02:00 PM
Nova doing the little things better than Lehigh is the difference in this game

I wouldn't call this a little thing given our track record.....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 2nd, 2017, 02:01 PM
Couldnt get a foot. Should be the game

HailSzczur
September 2nd, 2017, 02:01 PM
That 4th down stop could be the dagger

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 2nd, 2017, 02:04 PM
Lehigh D steps up!

HailSzczur
September 2nd, 2017, 02:05 PM
Gudzak just having one of those days. Dude's a machine. 10 carries 143

smilo
September 2nd, 2017, 02:06 PM
Just try a field goal! I'm fine with a 38 yarder! Gotta learn sooner or later

HailSzczur
September 2nd, 2017, 02:06 PM
Kicker looked good from 32, so we decided to go for it on 4th and 7 from the 21.

....That'll do wonders for the kid's confidence

PAllen
September 2nd, 2017, 02:07 PM
Lehigh's new favorite play, the WR screen with no screen.

- - - Updated - - -

Kicker looked good from 32, so we decided to go for it on 4th and 7 from the 21.

....That'll do wonders for the kid's confidence

First large mistake by nova coaching staff.

HailSzczur
September 2nd, 2017, 02:09 PM
Lehigh's new favorite play, the WR screen with no screen.

- - - Updated - - -

First large mistake by nova coaching staff.

If we hadn't just made a FG, I would have agreed with the decision

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 2nd, 2017, 02:13 PM
TD Lehigh! A little luck there...

- - - Updated - - -

This game is living up the hype!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 2nd, 2017, 02:18 PM
Lehigh cant get a stop now

RichH2
September 2nd, 2017, 02:18 PM
38-35. Question Cane LU not choke at the end of this half like they did at the end of the 1st???? Hope so.
Hell of a game by LU O.

PAllen
September 2nd, 2017, 02:19 PM
Great game Nova. You clearly had the better coached team. Amateur coaches vs professionals.