PDA

View Full Version : Montana All-American LB Arrested

smallcollegefbfan
August 2nd, 2017, 10:35 AM
LB Connor Strahm was arrested and charged with a DUI a couple weeks ago.

http://www.kulr8.com/story/35936832/grizzly-linebacker-connor-strahm-arrested-for-dui

I have not seen anything regarding whether he will be suspended. Has anyone heard?

BadlandsGrizFan
August 2nd, 2017, 11:18 AM
LB Connor Strahm was arrested and charged with a DUI a couple weeks ago.

http://www.kulr8.com/story/35936832/grizzly-linebacker-connor-strahm-arrested-for-dui

I have not seen anything regarding whether he will be suspended. Has anyone heard?

Will probably miss 1-2 games. From what we've seen in previous cases. His backup is expected to be very good, potentially better so luckily it wont hurt too bad.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 2nd, 2017, 11:23 AM
Will probably miss 1-2 games. From what we've seen in previous cases. His backup is expected to be very good, potentially better so luckily it wont hurt too bad.

I've heard a popular punishment for bad Griz behavior is sitting for a half in a meaningless game.

KPSUL
August 2nd, 2017, 12:00 PM
I've heard a popular punishment for bad Griz behavior is sitting for a half in a meaningless game.

Or a couple shots of pepper spray

ursus arctos horribilis
August 2nd, 2017, 12:11 PM
Sitting for a 1/2 in a meaningless game over a DUI is probably more punishment than one should get anyway. If he hurt somebody that is a different story but just getting tagged for a DUI not so much.

mvemjsunpx
August 2nd, 2017, 06:40 PM
When was Strahm an All-American? xconfusedx

At any rate, it appears he'll be suspended at least one game.

According to the Montana Athletics student athlete code of conduct, misdemeanor DUIs are a category II violation (http://gogriz.com/documents/2016/7/20//2016_17_SA_Handbook.pdf?id=2761) and the penalty for a first offense of that category is a "minimum suspension of 10% of scheduled contests." For a Griz football player, that equates to a 1.1 game suspension.

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/griz-linebacker-connor-strahm-arrested-charged-with-dui/article_973af494-a3b2-57ab-acb4-6ad7c69b6348.html

ursus arctos horribilis
August 2nd, 2017, 06:43 PM

Jesus, that went right by me. xlolx

mvemjsunpx
August 2nd, 2017, 06:46 PM
Jesus, that went right by me. xlolx

I know Josh Buss had at least one AA honor, but I never heard (& couldn't find) anything about Strahm getting something like that.

Bisonoline
August 2nd, 2017, 07:09 PM
Sitting for a 1/2 in a meaningless game over a DUI is probably more punishment than one should get anyway. If he hurt somebody that is a different story but just getting tagged for a DUI not so much.

Never could understand that either. But the moronic public wants its pound of flesh so the school HAS to do something.

JSUSoutherner
August 2nd, 2017, 07:17 PM

You've got to be kidding, right?

Wildcat1997
August 2nd, 2017, 07:49 PM
Sitting for a 1/2 in a meaningless game over a DUI is probably more punishment than one should get anyway. If he hurt somebody that is a different story but just getting tagged for a DUI not so much.Yeah how dare the school punish someone who chose to drive under the influence and could've killed someone.

kdinva
August 2nd, 2017, 07:51 PM

sounds like a Nick Saban/Urban Meyer comment...

chattownmocs
August 2nd, 2017, 08:49 PM
Lol be careful ursus the brainwashed masses are after you. Don't you know that the moment you reach the legal limit you automatically become the worst driver on the road. Just getting behind the wheel is the same as shooting....no stabbing someone.

dudeitsaid
August 3rd, 2017, 12:04 AM

All Griz players are All-American's.

cx500d
August 3rd, 2017, 12:14 AM
All Griz players eventually work at All-American Burger.

FYP

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQFour1KA26spjeQcbjPU0FW2AaKXNu m9DJgRlidOx11Ni2GmoOA

Bisonoline
August 3rd, 2017, 01:15 AM
Yeah how dare the school punish someone who chose to drive under the influence and could've killed someone.

Anytime you get in an automobile you could kill somebody.

chattownmocs
August 3rd, 2017, 01:22 AM
DUI is worse both criminally, and the stigma attached to it socially, than driving 150 mph. Nothing could explain this other than complete and total brainwashing.

Bisonoline
August 3rd, 2017, 01:48 AM
DUI is worse both criminally, and the stigma attached to it socially, than driving 150 mph. Nothing could explain this other than complete and total brainwashing.

We finally agree on something. The SJWs have turned the DUI thing in to a lucrative business opportunity.

JALMOND
August 3rd, 2017, 02:22 AM
For comparison sake...

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2017/07/ducks_star_darren_carrington_d.html

I'd be willing to bet that this was not the first time Strahm was driving after drinking, just the first time he was caught.

chattownmocs
August 3rd, 2017, 03:10 AM
For comparison sake...

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2017/07/ducks_star_darren_carrington_d.html

I'd be willing to bet that this was not the first time Strahm was driving after drinking, just the first time he was caught.

So people are perfectly capable of driving after drinking? I thought as soon as you hit .08 you just start killing people?

wmmii
August 3rd, 2017, 05:16 AM
Each school handles this differently. W&M lost a good BB Center last year when he was suspended from team for a semester for a DUI over the summer.....

Professor Chaos
August 3rd, 2017, 08:05 AM
All DUIs are not created equal. He blew a .214 according to a tweet I saw and had an open beer in the cupholder of his vehicle (so he was likely still on the way up). That kind of stupidity definitely justifies at least a game IMO even without any priors.

Iridebikes
August 3rd, 2017, 08:09 AM
Never could understand that either. But the moronic public wants its pound of flesh so the school HAS to do something.
Moronic public speaking here. Darn right! When someone acts in such a selfish,self-centered way and puts other peoples safety and welfare at risk I want some action taken. At a minimum the young man has some issues where he's more concerned about himself then others. At the worst the young man may have abuse issues.

chattownmocs
August 3rd, 2017, 08:11 AM
All DUIs are not created equal. He blew a .214 according to a tweet I saw and had an open beer in the cupholder of his vehicle (so he was likely still on the way up). That kind of stupidity definitely justifies at least a game IMO even without any priors.

No doubt. If that's the case, yes, suspend him.

Grizalltheway
August 3rd, 2017, 09:34 AM
FYP

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQFour1KA26spjeQcbjPU0FW2AaKXNu m9DJgRlidOx11Ni2GmoOA
How is it working for former Griz?

mvemjsunpx
August 3rd, 2017, 11:49 AM
We finally agree on something. The SJWs have turned the DUI thing in to a lucrative business opportunity.

I'm pretty sure SJWs weren't the main ones that pushed for harsher DUI laws, unless—of course—you're equivocating "SJWs" with "white suburban parents."

Bisonoline
August 3rd, 2017, 12:23 PM
Moronic public speaking here. Darn right! When someone acts in such a selfish,self-centered way and puts other peoples safety and welfare at risk I want some action taken. At a minimum the young man has some issues where he's more concerned about himself then others. At the worst the young man may have abuse issues.

Wow talk about extrapolation.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 3rd, 2017, 12:57 PM
Yeah how dare the school punish someone who chose to drive under the influence and could've killed someone.

Oh he could have? Great, I could have done lot's of things while drinking. Do we go after all students with DUI's? Do we sit Academic scholarship people out if they run a DUI? Does it even get mentioned outside of the people it directly affects...no it doesn't. But here we have a bunch of people all talking about this kid's punicshment and if it's severe enough....xlolx Some of this **** can be handled just f'n fine by the laws we already have in place and this MADD stuff has went plenty far enough at this point.

Sorry, you just ain't gonna get me on the side with the torches and pitchforks over a kid getting a DUI.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 3rd, 2017, 01:06 PM

I'd be fine with it. It's just the clutching of pearls all the f'n time over simple **** like this as if someone committed a violent felony is prety f'n stupid to me.

JALMOND
August 3rd, 2017, 08:19 PM
Sorry, you just ain't gonna get me on the side with the torches and pitchforks over a kid getting a DUI.

Until you have a friend or relative who is in ICU just because someone decided they didn't want to leave their car out in front of the bar all night.

citdog
August 3rd, 2017, 08:22 PM
Oh he could have? Great, I could have done lot's of things while drinking. Do we go after all students with DUI's? Do we sit Academic scholarship people out if they run a DUI? Does it even get mentioned outside of the people it directly affects...no it doesn't. But here we have a bunch of people all talking about this kid's punicshment and if it's severe enough....xlolx Some of this **** can be handled just f'n fine by the laws we already have in place and this MADD stuff has went plenty far enough at this point.

Agreed. The same people "clutching at their pearls" (nice turn of phrase) over this kids DUI have no problem with illegals driving with no license or insurance...

Bisonoline
August 3rd, 2017, 08:58 PM
Agreed. The same people "clutching at their pearls" (nice turn of phrase) over this kids DUI have no problem with illegals driving with no license or insurance...

That would be racist. :D

Grizalltheway
August 3rd, 2017, 10:11 PM
I was pretty much done with Strahm after he racked up personal fouls on what seemed like 3 straight plays last year.
I mean JFC, intensity is great, but learn how to control it.

Redbird 4th & short
August 4th, 2017, 09:07 AM
Obviously not all DUIs are created equal. How much over, any priors, how was person driving at time, etc. All of this should factor into punishment.

There is actually one other aspect which we deal with at ISU due to our Normal, IL police views on law enforcement and what can only be described as a "police state" designed to finance the police department budget. These stats will stun you about Normal, IL an what ISU students (and athletes) deal with every day of the school year when it comes to law enforcement .. basically, probable cause run amok with police targeting ISU students by stopping cars at extreme levels. A study was done by the school newspaper comparing rates at which students are being targeted on completely random basis for anything and nothing in hopes of finding anything they can. The compared ISU to Bradley (local) and then Mich St and Wisconsin ... certainly Wisconsin students party as much as anyone.

In 2014 alone, here are stats comparing rates at which college students were ticketed tfor underage consumption/possession of alcohol.

- ISU has about 20k+ students and received 1,529 tickets .. typically costing student about $500 each .. no exceptions.
- Wisconsin has 40k+ students and received 318 tickets .. 1/10th the rate of ISU getting ticketed
- Mich St has 50k+ students and received just 193 tickets .. 1/20th the rate ISU getting ticketed

And this is just in category of underage drinking. They also stop cars for anything and everything else with little to no probable cause .. other than looking like a student who might have rolled a stop sign, not have current insurance card, or registration, left their drivers license in dorm room, or a broken tail light.

See attached exhibit published by the ISU student newspaper. A little grainy due scan of a scan. Bu they looked at other schools for 2014 for comparison, but did a study over 2010-15 .. 2014 was lower than average.

Shelby Harris took a lot of heat for stupid college kid stuff over the years .. much of it having to do with Normal police .. but this was what he and all ISU students deal with. And when you are 6'5" and of a darker pursuasion in Normal, IL .. you tend to stick out and get targeted even more.

Welcome to Normal, IL .. they love their college students there .. collected 1.15m in fines from students in 2015 alone ... cha-ching, and here's your diploma !!!

Redbird 4th & short
August 4th, 2017, 09:15 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25698&stc=1
Obviously not all DUIs are created equal. How much over, any priors, how was person driving at time, etc. All of this should factor into punishment.

There is actually one other aspect which we deal with at ISU due to our Normal, IL police views on law enforcement and what can only be described as a "police state" designed to finance the police department budget. These stats will stun you about Normal, IL an what ISU students (and athletes) deal with every day of the school year when it comes to law enforcement .. basically, probable cause run amok with police targeting ISU students by stopping cars at extreme levels. A study was done by the school newspaper comparing rates at which students are being targeted on completely random basis for anything and nothing in hopes of finding anything they can. The compared ISU to Bradley (local) and then Mich St and Wisconsin ... certainly Wisconsin students party as much as anyone.

In 2014 alone, here are stats comparing rates at which college students were ticketed tfor underage consumption/possession of alcohol.

- ISU has about 20k+ students and received 1,529 tickets .. typically costing student about $500 each .. no exceptions.
- Wisconsin has 40k+ students and received 318 tickets .. 1/10th the rate of ISU getting ticketed
- Mich St has 50k+ students and received just 193 tickets .. 1/20th the rate ISU getting ticketed

And this is just in category of underage drinking. They also stop cars for anything and everything else with little to no probable cause .. other than looking like a student who might have rolled a stop sign, not have current insurance card, or registration, left their drivers license in dorm room, or a broken tail light.

See attached exhibit published by the ISU student newspaper. A little grainy due scan of a scan. Bu they looked at other schools for 2014 for comparison, but did a study over 2010-15 .. 2014 was lower than average.

Shelby Harris took a lot of heat for stupid college kid stuff over the years .. much of it having to do with Normal police .. but this was what he and all ISU students deal with. And when you are 6'5" and of a darker pursuasion in Normal, IL .. you tend to stick out and get targeted even more.

Welcome to Normal, IL .. they love their college students there .. collected 1.15m in fines from students in 2015 alone ... cha-ching, and here's your diploma !!!

trying again to attach exhibit ...

CrazyCat
August 4th, 2017, 09:43 AM
Our #1 RB and 5th year SR got a DUI over the summer and then proceeded to get thrown in jail again a month later for disrupting a peace officer. He was handed a 4 game suspension, loss of some scholarship money, and more internal punishments. Some quotes from Coach Choate on the situation.

“Our goal here obviously is to handle thing in an up-front fashion and address issues as quickly and as sternly as we feel like is necessary,” Choate said. “It’s a tough balancing act when you’re looking at a young man that has eight semester credits left to get his degree, and that’s our No. 1 goal here is to make sure he gets to the finish line. If football can help him do that and this can be a lesson that we can utilize to improve his life, we’re certainly going to take advantage of that.”

“If I didn’t feel like he was in a position to be remorseful and accept responsibility for the things that happened, then my decision might’ve been different in terms of working with him and keeping him here,”

we always have the opportunity to help these young men understand that things are different for them. They chose to be student-athletes here — that puts them in the limelight,” Choate continued. “They’re in the spotlight — I am, they are — and we have to accept responsibility and understand that we’re held to a higher standard.”

http://skylinesportsmt.com/choate-suspends-lasane-for-first-four-games-of-2017/

344Johnson
August 4th, 2017, 12:21 PM
If the kid blew over a .2 and had a roadie, he probably deserves more than he got there.

I'd say the same for someone on an academic scholarship. Though they aren't high profile reps for the school.

Hope he learns regardless. Glad no one got hurt.

Bisonoline
August 4th, 2017, 12:43 PM
Our #1 RB and 5th year SR got a DUI over the summer and then proceeded to get thrown in jail again a month later for disrupting a peace officer. He was handed a 4 game suspension, loss of some scholarship money, and more internal punishments. Some quotes from Coach Choate on the situation.

This another thing I dont understand. How can they have any say over a kid during summer when hes not in school? If he is in school for the summer and his schollie is paying for it thats different.

BadlandsGrizFan
August 4th, 2017, 12:53 PM
No doubt. If that's the case, yes, suspend him.

Thats how everyone starts their mornings in Montana.....now if he woulda smoked some ganja he would miss half the season...... I hate the rules in this country.

BadlandsGrizFan
August 4th, 2017, 12:56 PM
Until you have a friend or relative who is in ICU just because someone decided they didn't want to leave their car out in front of the bar all night.

No **** dude..I cant believe we have people arguing about if he should get a slap on the wrist for drinking and driving.....I think one game is fine and hopefully he learns his lesson...this shouldnt even be a debate.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 4th, 2017, 01:06 PM

Friends have died on either side of it. BTW, are we all gonna get ourselves in a big flutter every time a player is pulled over for texting? Are we all gonna be really offended and come down in asking for their suspensions?

I haven't seen many threads on that sort of thing cuz although it's as dangerous, it isn't as "bad" cuz we all didn't have MADD to tell us over the last 30 yrs. and get us all worked about it.

This kid didn't kill anybody, but we want to act like because he could have we should look down on him as if he nearly did. If he had been pulled over and cited for texting we wouldn't know a god damn thing about this.

citdog
August 4th, 2017, 01:09 PM
Friends have dide on either side of it. BTW, are we all gonna get ourselves in a big flutter every time a player is pulled over for texting? Are we all gonna be really offended and come down in asking for their suspensions?

I haven't seen many threads on that sort of thing cuz although it's as dangerous, it isn't as "bad" cuz we all didn't have MADD to tell us over the last 30 yrs. and get us all worked about it.

This kid didn't kill anybody, but we want to act like because he could have we should look down on him as if he nearly did. If he had been pulled over and cited for texting we wouldn't know a god damn thing about this.

Most of the Missoula Police Dept traffic units should write themselves several of those "talking on a cell phone whilst driving" tickets. I see it EVERYDAY.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 4th, 2017, 01:10 PM
No **** dude..I cant believe we have people arguing about if he should get a slap on the wrist for drinking and driving.....I think one game is fine and hopefully he learns his lesson...this shouldnt even be a debate.

I have no f'n problem with a guy getting a game. I have a problem with everyone that acts like it needs to be some bigger deal because of "WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED IF..."

Just trained seals on every issue out here anymore. The .2 is a bit of excess so obviously needs to be taken a bit more seriously as I mentioned after that was intorduced.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 4th, 2017, 01:16 PM
Most of the Missoula Police Dept traffic units should write themselves several of those "talking on a cell phone whilst driving" tickets. I see it EVERYDAY.

Well, I don't know about the police as much as you just see every second person out there needing to get their f'n phone cuz "somebody just texted me and I can't wait to see what it was!!!" type of ****.

Drinking and texting and several other things are real f'n dumb to do when you are driving, we all can agree on that one. We just let some things go while we demonize another. There are very few on this boar that have not drank and drove at some point in their lives but of course since not caught all was fine.

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 4th, 2017, 01:18 PM

Since the government is already penalizing him, sitting out a half is overkill. Colleges jobs are to educate not enforce laws already being enforced.

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 4th, 2017, 01:22 PM

I have had 3 people I know killed by sober drivers. I have no animosity towards them

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 4th, 2017, 01:24 PM

All of that is bull****, the laws were being enforced by law enforcement. Its not a colleges job to pile on.....this is just like a running up the score conversation.

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 4th, 2017, 01:26 PM
Ursus, I "could have" been hit by a meteor today, but instead I am just going to lunch at the Wild Bison

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 4th, 2017, 01:27 PM
I "could have" ordered a salad but I didnt. Luckily nobody was hurt.

cx500d
August 4th, 2017, 05:07 PM
I "could have" ordered a salad but I didnt. Luckily nobody was hurt.

Was it a close call?

JALMOND
August 4th, 2017, 08:11 PM
Friends have died on either side of it. BTW, are we all gonna get ourselves in a big flutter every time a player is pulled over for texting? Are we all gonna be really offended and come down in asking for their suspensions?

So you want to wait until he DOES hit someone before you take it seriously? Ursus, it could be you that he hits (and then I'd be in mourning saying "he should have listened to me") :D

As I said before, I highly doubt this was the first time he drove after drinking. It was just the first time he was caught.

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 5th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Do you know the % of drunk drivers that actually kill people? Look it up......the only reason you buy into the agenda is you are uninformed and like supporting knee jerk reactions

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

wmmii
August 5th, 2017, 11:01 AM
Players in College sports should look to their coaches for more than just how to win games but to help teach life lessons. Players need to be held accountable for their actions not just by the law but the school and coaches. It is a shame that the moral fabric of some schools have set a much lower standard than others to address these issue and as such sets expectations by the students of what is acceptable. I do not know enough to comment on this situation.

The topic of DUI has too much emotion tied to it so we need to move on. You all need to agree to disagree since both sides are never going to see the other perceptive.

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 5th, 2017, 04:24 PM
I am pretty sure that is the point Ursus was trying to make........men don't get emotional over topics and women do.................

ursus arctos horribilis
August 5th, 2017, 06:23 PM
So you want to wait until he DOES hit someone before you take it seriously? Ursus, it could be you that he hits (and then I'd be in mourning saying "he should have listened to me") :D

As I said before, I highly doubt this was the first time he drove after drinking. It was just the first time he was caught.

No, that isn't what I was saying at all. I am saying that people demonize this particular thing because over the last 30 yrs. society has been trained like Seals to have this big emotional reaction over this one thing and we all need to grab our pitchforks. All the while, we always have to make some digger deal this "thing" while several other things are equal in danger to the public and not one damn thing is ever posted about them and in a lot of cases they are not illegal or are not enforced.

But DUI's are special. We all have to chime in a player that makes this mistake and then we also have to say things like "this probably wasn't his first time..." becasue it helps in the demonization as we've been trained to do.

All the while, you have driven drunk, and so forth and so on. As Alpha said I just know that we have to get overly emotional and act like a player has committed some violent crime when they get a marijuana possession or a DUI. They will likely learn their lesson and we can hope they do.xthumbsupx

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 5th, 2017, 11:41 PM
He could have not drunk anything......

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 5th, 2017, 11:42 PM
You could have made a better post.......

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 5th, 2017, 11:42 PM
Could I

BisonFan02
August 5th, 2017, 11:44 PM
Could I

probably.

citdog
August 5th, 2017, 11:53 PM
probably.

Mayhaps...

POD Knows
August 6th, 2017, 08:44 AM
D Drunks
A Against
M Mad
M Mothers

JALMOND
August 6th, 2017, 02:30 PM
All the while, you have driven drunk, and so forth and so on. As Alpha said I just know that we have to get overly emotional and act like a player has committed some violent crime when they get a marijuana possession or a DUI. They will likely learn their lesson and we can hope they do.xthumbsupx

I do admit, yes I have. There are not many podunk towns in my former home state that I haven't at least driven "impared" through (to this day I still can't remember how I drove from Billings to Bozeman once back in the day). I guess I finally wised up on my own and realized how stupid it is.

Also for the record, I never once brought up the notion of killing someone by driving drunk. That brings in a whole new set of consequences that I hope no one has to experience. Also, I never advocated "Don't Drink". I have no problem with the drinking, just the driving afterwards. I guess I'll say, "Stay Safe" and leave it at that. xthumbsupx

Redbird 4th & short
August 6th, 2017, 03:13 PM
Players in College sports should look to their coaches for more than just how to win games but to help teach life lessons. Players need to be held accountable for their actions not just by the law but the school and coaches. It is a shame that the moral fabric of some schools have set a much lower standard than others to address these issue and as such sets expectations by the students of what is acceptable. I do not know enough to comment on this situation.

The topic of DUI has too much emotion tied to it so we need to move on. You all need to agree to disagree since both sides are never going to see the other perceptive.
tough issue, and a line has to be drawn somewhere. But why are you singling out student-athletes ?? Does everyone get something they love to do taken away permanently as punishment .. or just athletes ?

I don't know exactly where to draw the line, but I am certain not all DUI's are equal .. how much over, any priors (not just drunk driving but anything else), even how careful he/she was driving. Distracted driving (i.e. texting, eating, make-up, etc) is far more prevalent issue .. it shows utter disregard for others, even while sober.

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 6th, 2017, 03:42 PM
I do admit, yes I have. There are not many podunk towns in my former home state that I haven't at least driven "impared" through (to this day I still can't remember how I drove from Billings to Bozeman once back in the day). I guess I finally wised up on my own and realized how stupid it is.

Also for the record, I never once brought up the notion of killing someone by driving drunk. That brings in a whole new set of consequences that I hope no one has to experience. Also, I never advocated "Don't Drink". I have no problem with the drinking, just the driving afterwards. I guess I'll say, "Stay Safe" and leave it at that. xthumbsupx

What about drinking and walking down long flights of stairs?

Not that you guys care about the drunk but "what if he fell down 20 stairs picking up speed and landed on a child? What if said child was recovering from a fibula break from his ****ty single moms boyfriend? (he doesnt have a job either)

Where DO we draw the line? Walking down stairs impaired can kill

mvemjsunpx
August 6th, 2017, 08:11 PM

Not that you guys care about the drunk but "what if he fell down 20 stairs picking up speed and landed on a child? What if said child was recovering from a fibula break from his ****ty single moms boyfriend? (he doesnt have a job either)

Law people can correct me if I'm wrong, but a drunk guy falling on a child & killing him/her probably would be charged with something.

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 6th, 2017, 08:17 PM
Yep, so should we make it illegal to walk down stairs with anything more than a .08 BAC?

Think of the children

JALMOND
August 7th, 2017, 02:03 AM

What if Yellowstone blows up tomorrow? Then we won't have to worry about anyone, drunk or sober.

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 7th, 2017, 10:04 AM
What if it doesnt

ursus arctos horribilis
August 7th, 2017, 01:46 PM

A portion of my point here is the part you just posted. If you saw people come at things with a "That was dumb man, and I know cuz I did it too..." type of response I think it's a better way to go.

There is a bit of a holier than thou attitude on some of this stuff. Not necessarily even on this thread too much but I wanted to step in and challenge that before we saw it get too out of hand as it does at times.

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 7th, 2017, 02:51 PM
Oh so now you speak for all of us?

Jesus Christ

ursus arctos horribilis
August 7th, 2017, 03:37 PM
Oh so now you speak for all of us?

Jesus Christ

Just "ursus" is fine Alf.