PDA

View Full Version : Win at all costs: Recruiting Rapists

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Paladin1aa
September 18th, 2017, 09:57 AM
And there is a possible faculty strike against YSU in contract negotiations with possible decision to be made on Wednesday. Seems YSU has been diverting money from students to prop up the athletic dept.

TheRevSFA
September 18th, 2017, 09:57 AM
I'm sure it's been said but

criminal justice system should be used for reduction of crime and not as retribution for an offense. It should be both rehabilitative but also serve as a deterrent for offenses

In college sports, especially in college football, sexual assault is often aggrandized as opposed to discouraged. While the man deserves the opportunity to move on with his life and he needs constructive ways to spend his time (like going to college), football is a privilege not a right, and he shouldn't get to play or get the accolades that come with it

See above. Still correct in regards to this. He has paid his legal debt to society, but he's still a ****ing rapist.

TheRevSFA
September 18th, 2017, 09:58 AM
Ok carry on xsalutex

Thanks. I shall

Why should Richmond get the accolades that come from playing college football? Not being able to play DOES NOT keep him from leading his life.

Penguin Nation
September 18th, 2017, 10:09 AM
Pally I just don't get it? I hate all this story is about but the law is the law. The kid served his time has conducted himself by the law and now is trying to be a productive citizen and a college student athlete.

In a perfect world there would be the death penalty for anybody of any age who commits a crime such as rape so society won't have to deal with them in the future even after they serve their time honorably.

Carry on xsalutex

This has been addressed ad infinitum earlier in this thread but I'll take one more swing at it. If you don't get it, then you don't.

There are both legal consequences and social consequences to actions. As an example of social consequences, many businesses do not hire rapists (including my own). Another example is many University FB programs would not recruit a rapist. If one does not want to face social consequences of rape, for example, then do not rape. It's really that simple. That's life. Actions have consequences...as they should.

The rapist, if so inclined, could still make strides to be a productive member of society independent of FB, despite the social consequences he imposed upon himself.

As an aside, I wonder if those in the "he paid his debt to society" crowd ever found fault with the legal system before. Did they ever feel the OJ murder trial was a sham? A government that's $20T in debt, etc, just so happens to run a flawless legal system where we can just assume the proper punishment has been provided.

Paladin1aa
September 18th, 2017, 10:09 AM
Red -- this is certainly Not like our time at Morehead St., lol. What I can tell you is YSU is going to the mats on this, changes coming to policies that would prevent this from happening again and in the mean time they are adamant to pursuing this in court.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 18th, 2017, 10:17 AM
I refuse to give you the satisfaction.spread your bull****.

You are such a pussy that you didn't meet me in the parking lot when I confronted you several years ago. I showed up a d you never did. So I'm not going to help you.

I never saw you there, so as far as I am concerned neither of you showed.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 18th, 2017, 10:19 AM
See above. Still correct in regards to this. He has paid his legal debt to society, but he's still a ****ing rapist.

Agreed but no public university should be trying to be part of the justice system AFTER THE FACT. Know your role

POD Knows
September 18th, 2017, 10:20 AM
This has been addressed ad infinitum earlier in this thread but I'll take one more swing at it. If you don't get it, then you don't.

There are both legal consequences and social consequences to actions. As an example of social consequences, many businesses do not hire rapists (including my own). Another example is many University FB programs would not recruit a rapist. If one does not want to face social consequences of rape, for example, then do not rape. It's really that simple. That's life. Actions have consequences...as they should.

The rapist, if so inclined, could still make strides to be a productive member of society independent of FB, despite the social consequences he imposed upon himself.

As an aside, I wonder if those in the "he paid his debt to society" crowd ever found fault with the legal system before. Did they ever feel the OJ murder trial was a sham? A government that's $20T in debt, etc, just so happens to run a flawless legal system where we can just assume the proper punishment has been provided.Oh, I find fault with the legal system all the time and that is why I want this rapist dumped back on the "crowd" that supports light sentencing bull****, and that crowd happens to be academia and most college students. They wanted him, they got him. Yea, and I know this is an FCS thread but you can't keep the politics out of this discussion because it is there.

TheRevSFA
September 18th, 2017, 10:21 AM
Agreed but no public university should be trying to be part of the justice system AFTER THE FACT. Know your role

The fact that the little **** sued them is beyond absurd. Had I been Tressel/Pelini I would have dressed him, and sat his ass on the bench the entire game. I would keep doing so until the case went in full.

It's ridiculous that he stepped foot on the field.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 18th, 2017, 10:25 AM
The fact that the little **** sued them is beyond absurd. Had I been Tressel/Pelini I would have dressed him, and sat his ass on the bench the entire game. I would keep doing so until the case went in full.

It's ridiculous that he stepped foot on the field.

Why?

HE SERVED HIS TIME

Universities have no ****ing place to retry a kid like this, I hope he sues again! This is bull**** of the highest order and I will never see how a university should be prosecuting a person that already had his day in court. No double jeopardy.....unless its a university then all bets are off? **** that

TheRevSFA
September 18th, 2017, 10:26 AM
Why?

HE SERVED HIS TIME

Universities have no ****ing place to retry a kid like this, I hope he sues again! This is bull**** of the highest order and I will never see how a university should be prosecuting a person that already had his day in court. No double jeopardy.....unless its a university then all bets are off? **** that

Football isn't a right. It's a privilege. Big difference.

He paid his legal debt and should be able to go on with his life. That doesn't mean he should get to play NCAA football.

POD Knows
September 18th, 2017, 10:35 AM

He paid his legal debt and should be able to go on with his life. That doesn't mean he should get to play NCAA football.You do understand that a private employer can be sued for refusing to hire a convicted felon, check out E-RACE.

I am with you on this, I don't think this guy has a "right" to play ball, but this is a public institution and it is amazing what judges will come up with to establish rights that don't necessarily exist.

Penguin Nation
September 18th, 2017, 10:35 AM
Oh, I find fault with the legal system all the time and that is why I want this rapist dumped back on the "crowd" that supports light sentencing bull****, and that crowd happens to be academia and most college students. They wanted him, they got him. Yea, and I know this is an FCS thread but you can't keep the politics out of this discussion because it is there.

I completely understand your frustration. There are political elements to this. One that has not been discussed, is that IMO this issue has torched any political aspirations Tressel had for elected office.

POD Knows
September 18th, 2017, 10:37 AM
I completely understand your frustration. There are political elements to this. One that has not been discussed, is that IMO this issue has torched any political aspirations Tressel had for elected office.The judge or judges involved in this case will discover a "right to play", it will happen.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 18th, 2017, 10:37 AM

He paid his legal debt and should be able to go on with his life. That doesn't mean he should get to play NCAA football.

Why?

Just because you and a few other say so? That sounds an awful lot like discrimination...I hope he sues

citdog
September 18th, 2017, 10:38 AM
I completely understand your frustration. There are political elements to this. One that has not been discussed, is that IMO this issue has torched any political aspirations Tressel had for elected office.

What in the world would he have been thinking about running for?

Professor Chaos
September 18th, 2017, 10:39 AM
Why?

Just because you and a few other say so? That sounds an awful lot like discrimination...I hope he sues
Do you hope Kaepernick sues the NFL also?

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 18th, 2017, 10:39 AM
You do understand that a private employer can be sued for refusing to hire a convicted felon, check out E-RACE.

I am with you on this, I don't think this guy has a "right" to play ball, but this is a public institution and it is amazing what judges will come up with to establish rights that don't necessarily exist.

I think Rev is just being extra hard on this guy because hes black. Now this is all starting to make sense.

TheRevSFA
September 18th, 2017, 10:40 AM
Why?

Why should he get to play football then? Just because he wants to?

Does the YSU program not have a say as to who gets to be on their team versus who doesn't?

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 18th, 2017, 10:41 AM
Do you hope Kaepernick sues the NFL also?
Why would I?

Kaepernick isnt a rapist............not in a traditional sense anyway. Kaepernick is also dealing with a private corporation and not a public university so I fail to see what you so weakly tried to pass off as a comparison

citdog
September 18th, 2017, 10:42 AM
I think Rev is just being extra hard on this guy because hes black. Now this is all starting to make sense.

If the rape was a gay one Rev would be all for him.

also sodomy

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 18th, 2017, 10:43 AM
Why should he get to play football then? Just because he wants to?

Does the YSU program not have a say as to who gets to be on their team versus who doesn't?

Not at a public university, its called discrimination.....and stuff.

They obviously want him there or he wouldnt be on the team........and he should be on the team. This isnt about making you guys feel good inside.....its about following the law

TheRevSFA
September 18th, 2017, 10:45 AM
If the rape was a gay one Rev would be all for him.

also sodomy

If he was a Jew you'd be all over his schmeckle.

POD Knows
September 18th, 2017, 10:45 AM

They obviously want him there or he wouldnt be on the team........and he should be on the team. This isnt about making you guys feel good inside.....its about following the lawWhat do think would happen if one of their LB's decided to have a sex change but wanted to remain on the team, they couldn't cut that guy if he started to run the 40 in a half an hour. If you can sue an employer for using the conviction as a means not to hire somebody, you can bet your ass that they will find some right to play for convicts at a public institution. I think this whole thing is hilarious.

clenz
September 18th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Why would I?

Kaepernick isnt a rapist............not in a traditional sense anyway. Kaepernick is also dealing with a private corporation and not a public university so I fail to see what you so weakly tried to pass off as a comparison

Private corporations still fall under anti discrimination laws....

Professor Chaos
September 18th, 2017, 10:47 AM
Why would I?

Because he's being discriminated against or so we're all led to believe anyway by the media narrative.

YSU is a public university but the football team is mostly privately funded. If YSU's donors, students, and ticket holders (who are the mainly the ones funding the football team) don't want a former rapist on their team they have every right to make their voice heard. The rest of us are really just shouting into the wind about something that's not really any of our business. But if I put myselves in the shoes of those donors/students/fans there's no way in hell I'd want this guy playing for the team I cheer for.

I'm mostly just enjoying the ****storm that Pelini and Tressel have made for themselves here.... I don't like either of them but they sure know how to make things interesting wherever they go.

gsf23nd
September 18th, 2017, 10:47 AM

They obviously want him there or he wouldnt be on the team........and he should be on the team. This isnt about making you guys feel good inside.....its about following the law

Really? I went to a public university and players were cut from the football team, baseball team, basketball team and every other sports team all the time. He can try out for the team, I don't think there is any law that says they have to keep him on the team.

POD Knows
September 18th, 2017, 10:48 AM
Private corporations still fall under anti discrimination laws....So ESPN violated the law when they fired Schilling for his political views, is that what you are saying.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 18th, 2017, 10:51 AM
The donors, fans and students need to get over themselves and deal with the real world.

He did his time, get over it. You dont have to like it but you cant discriminate.......its the law. Get over it....it will be over in 3-4 years. (Longer than his sentence for rape)

citdog
September 18th, 2017, 10:52 AM
So ESPN violated the law when they fired Schilling for his political views, is that what you are saying.

Because pointing out that biological males belong in bathrooms clearly marked for them makes you a bigot. Calling The God Emperor a white racist is a ok though...

clenz
September 18th, 2017, 10:53 AM
So ESPN violated the law when they fired Schilling for his political views, is that what you are saying.

I didn't follow that case.

What were the details of his contract?
What are the labor laws in CT?
What was the "official" reason for his dismissal given?
Is there proof/documentation between higher ups saying "fire him for being conservative?"

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 18th, 2017, 10:54 AM
Really? I went to a public university and players were cut from the football team, baseball team, basketball team and every other sports team all the time. He can try out for the team, I don't think there is any law that says they have to keep him on the team.

Really?

You might want to get your money back if you cant see the difference. This kid has the athletic ability to play they are not cutting him for that. They are trying to "cut him" for honoring a sentence handed down by a judge in a court of law. Then when the kid is trying to get on with his life and further his education they are discriminating against him for the crime he already served time for.

The only shocking part of this is the liberal media isnt making this guy a martyr. He is the poster boy for shoving an agenda down peoples throats.....not forcibly of course. That would be rape

Penguin Nation
September 18th, 2017, 10:56 AM
What in the world would he have been thinking about running for?

http://www.thenews-messenger.com/story/news/local/2017/01/10/democrats-should-draft-jim-tressel-run-governor/96384816/

https://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/blog/morning_call/2011/08/brown-ahead-of-jim-tressel-i-senate-poll.html

http://www.vindy.com/weblogs/stirfry/2011/may/30/jim-tressel-for-united-states-senate/

Professor Chaos
September 18th, 2017, 10:58 AM
The donors, fans and students need to get over themselves and deal with the real world.

He did his time, get over it. You dont have to like it but you cant discriminate.......its the law. Get over it....it will be over in 3-4 years. (Longer than his sentence for rape)
Well college sports in general, and college football in particular, is a business. I'd guess if a business is going to tell it's customers that it's not going to be in business that much longer.

I agree that it's their prerogative to bring this guy in and make him part of the team... they get to deal with the consequences of lost revenue/support it brings.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 18th, 2017, 11:01 AM
Well college sports in general, and college football in particular, is a business. I'd guess if a business is going to tell it's customers that it's not going to be in business that much longer.

I agree that it's their prerogative to bring this guy in and make him part of the team... they get to deal with the consequences of lost revenue/support it brings.

Im not to worried about it they packed the stadium to watch football on Saturday

citdog
September 18th, 2017, 11:05 AM
http://www.thenews-messenger.com/story/news/local/2017/01/10/democrats-should-draft-jim-tressel-run-governor/96384816/

https://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/blog/morning_call/2011/08/brown-ahead-of-jim-tressel-i-senate-poll.html

http://www.vindy.com/weblogs/stirfry/2011/may/30/jim-tressel-for-united-states-senate/

I am from South Carolina so I would never attempt to deny another sovereign State the representation they want but making that cheater your Gov or Senator is ridiculous. I still can't believe ANYONE hired him to run a latrine detail much less a university...

Professor Chaos
September 18th, 2017, 11:07 AM
Im not to worried about it they packed the stadium to watch football on Saturday
That's a very generous appraisal of their attendance for the CCSU game (or for their home attendance the last few years in general).

POD Knows
September 18th, 2017, 11:10 AM
I didn't follow that case.

What were the details of his contract?
What are the labor laws in CT?
What was the "official" reason for his dismissal given?
Is there proof/documentation between higher ups saying "fire him for being conservative?"Ignoring the CK situation, you basically stated that private corporations are bound by anti-discrimination laws, which is true, if CK was let go for political speak, as was Schilling, either both acts were against the law or neither were. I don't think political speech is protected by employment law, if I run around publicly spewing Nazi garbage, my employer would fire me in a heartbeat, without legal repercussions, that I am sure.

Schilling got fired for posting a joke on Twitter I think, about a tranny using a girls room in NC and then making a pretty solid comment about it.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 18th, 2017, 11:13 AM
That's a very generous appraisal of their attendance for the CCSU game (or for their home attendance the last few years in general).
15,377...not sure what the stadium holds but thats better than 95% of FCS stadiums.............

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 18th, 2017, 11:14 AM
Ignoring the CK situation, you basically stated that private corporations are bound by anti-discrimination laws, which is true, if CK was let go for political speak, as was Schilling, either both acts were against the law or neither were. I don't think political speech is protected by employment law, if I run around publicly spewing Nazi garbage, my employer would fire me in a heartbeat, without legal repercussions, that I am sure.

Schilling got fired for posting a joke on Twitter I think, about a tranny using a girls room in NC and then making a pretty solid comment about it.

Schilling got fired because hes white and conservative. Look at what ESPN has done to white people just in the last 6 months....its disgusting and they should be kicked off the team.

Professor Chaos
September 18th, 2017, 11:19 AM
15,377...not sure what the stadium holds but thats better than 95% of FCS stadiums.............
It holds roughly 21,000 I believe. They also notoriously over-report regular season attendance (which a lot of FCS teams do it seems). Looking at the playoff attendance figures is a good way to weed out who does that. They drew just over 5,000 for their opening round playoff win over Samford (which was Thanksgiving weekend) and just over 8,000 for their quarterfinal game against Wofford.

Catbooster
September 18th, 2017, 11:22 AM
If the kid was trying to put the rape behind him, further his education and get on with his life, he would have accepted the year without playing. I'd guess that there would have been relatively little uproar after a few weeks. By quitting and then suing for immediate playing time, he has made himself the center of attention. I'd never heard of this when it was first brought up. Even then, it was only with die-hard FCS fans (and YSU people) that this would have been common knowledge. Now he's become infamous on a much larger scale and put himself in the spotlight.

Or maybe I should say his parents and Bo have done that to him. Not sure whether this was his idea.

citdog
September 18th, 2017, 11:28 AM
If the kid was trying to put the rape behind him, further his education and get on with his life, he would have accepted the year without playing. I'd guess that there would have been relatively little uproar after a few weeks. By quitting and then suing for immediate playing time, he has made himself the center of attention. I'd never heard of this when it was first brought up. Even then, it was only with die-hard FCS fans (and YSU people) that this would have been common knowledge. Now he's become infamous on a much larger scale and put himself in the spotlight.

Or maybe I should say his parents and Bo have done that to him. Not sure whether this was his idea.

His daddy got himself shot by a Judge.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 18th, 2017, 11:35 AM
It holds roughly 21,000 I believe. They also notoriously over-report regular season attendance (which a lot of FCS teams do it seems). Looking at the playoff attendance figures is a good way to weed out who does that. They drew just over 5,000 for their opening round playoff win over Samford (which was Thanksgiving weekend) and just over 8,000 for their quarterfinal game against Wofford.

So more people are showing up to watch the rapist play football? If Youngstown was smart they would have said 261 people showed up

Bisonoline
September 18th, 2017, 01:05 PM

Why should he? He was recruited. If you are good enough to play you should play. Why should he sit so the pc crowd can watch over him like an overlord?

Paladin1aa
September 18th, 2017, 01:12 PM
YSU is guilty of the same crap that goes on at Akron and Kent St. They sell blocks of tickets to area businesses who try to pass them out to customers and employees for free to attend the games. This crap goes on also in the expensive chair back Penguin Club seats , which I bought for over 20 years. Yet while attendance is announced as 12k-15k, the actual butts in seat attendance is 5k-8k and shows up badly on TV. Poor promos fail to get people in seats, including playoffs, while YSU caters to the big money boys up in the luxury boxes , further alienating the general public. So long as suckers in the business community financially support this charade, attendance sounds good, but really isn't.

There was nowhere near 15k in the stands. Maybe 8k.

Penguin Nation
September 18th, 2017, 04:38 PM
I am from South Carolina so I would never attempt to deny another sovereign State the representation they want but making that cheater your Gov or Senator is ridiculous. I still can't believe ANYONE hired him to run a latrine detail much less a university...

This is Youngstown tho......

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-youngstown-ohio-mayor-john-mcnally-indicted-on-corruption-charges-2014-14

Serpentor
September 18th, 2017, 04:41 PM
YSU is guilty of the same crap that goes on at Akron and Kent St. They sell blocks of tickets to area businesses who try to pass them out to customers and employees for free to attend the games. This crap goes on also in the expensive chair back Penguin Club seats , which I bought for over 20 years. Yet while attendance is announced as 12k-15k, the actual butts in seat attendance is 5k-8k and shows up badly on TV. Poor promos fail to get people in seats, including playoffs, while YSU caters to the big money boys up in the luxury boxes , further alienating the general public. So long as suckers in the business community financially support this charade, attendance sounds good, but really isn't.

There was nowhere near 15k in the stands. Maybe 8k.

I actually watched some of the Akron-Iowa State game last Saturday. That place looked vacant as hell.

True story: one of the teams in our conference, McNeese, actually had an opportunity to move up to Division I-A in the early '80s during the last major Division re-alignment era, but they didn't have the funds to expand their stadium to 30,000 so they stayed in I-AA. At the time, it seemed like the NCAA was going to be hard-asses about both stadium size as well as demanding a minimum 20,000 attend every home game, so McNeese took this threat seriously and didn't chance it. Little did they know that conferences like the MAC, C-USA and Sun Belt would just ignore these rules, and the NCAA didn't give a crap. Oh well.

The Yo Show
September 18th, 2017, 05:10 PM
As bad as YSU attendance is at times, it is still way higher than Akron and Kent. and I'm talking actual butts in seats too, not just fudged announced attendance numbers.

Penguin Nation
September 18th, 2017, 06:00 PM
Minor issue in the big picture, but the term "attendance" literally means physically present. So to claim that Saturday's "attendance" at Stambaugh Stadium was 15k (75% of capacity) is a blatant falsehood. One could also use the term "tickets sold" if you want to be both honest as well as present a larger #.

Paladin1aa
September 18th, 2017, 06:08 PM
Let me tell you, I had Penguin Club seats for over 2 decades. I laid out big money to support YSU. Many a week different people sat in the seats around us. My group at one time included 8 guys, including alumni of YSU. When we started asking the people around us who they were, they were employees or customers at an area hospital. Ditto employees and customers of major retail chains, car dealers, etc. Often the seats sat vacant. Over the years after seeing this year after year , our group shrank down to 3 of us as the others got mad and left, including alumni. Fraud is the middle name of YSU attendance. Add in the way the incompetent athletic dept is run and it's no wonder no one comes, even during winning seasons that lead to playoffs.

After followng YSU to playoffs games and the championship games, I don't buy much of the BS anymore in light of this latest debacle.

Penguin Nation
September 18th, 2017, 06:27 PM
A few years ago I went to my last MBB game. There were 4 of us, and we had the section all to ourselves. The crowd was so thin you could literally take attendance yourself. The announced attendance was literally 10-fold what was actually there.

Paladin1aa
September 18th, 2017, 07:11 PM
I'm friends with an area attorney who is a big BB fan. I generally bought general admission as my football group didn't care for BB and I went by myself. The attorney was in the Penguin Club seats for BB. Those chairs often had black covers over the red seats that showed they were bought by an area business , but NOT USED. That is where the camera focused on the game showing the empty area except for a few occupied red chair backs and the black cover unused seats. I'd kid the attorney he could wear a sign and get free advertising with no one around him. He would stand out on TV. LOL

dbackjon
September 18th, 2017, 07:41 PM
He served his time, what are going to do, bury this kid forever. Apparently society thought one year in juvy was enough. Let him play, society set him free, nobody gives a **** about victims of crime. He should be able to play in order to put another a another nail in the coffin of leftist criminal coddling. **** it, who cares. More evidence on the leftist cancer on society.

Hey DS - Steubenville is Trump Country. Voted 2/3 for your savior Trump. So more like rightist ignoring of criminal activity, which seems to be rampant in the WH.

POD Knows
September 18th, 2017, 07:48 PM
Hey DS - Steubenville is Trump Country. Voted 2/3 for your savior Trump. So more like rightist ignoring of criminal activity, which seems to be rampant in the WH.Bull****. But nice try Brokeback Jon. Weak as ****. You and your ilk own weak criminal sentences and the delicious irony of all them feminist lefty petition heads loosing their minds is a thing of beauty

citdog
September 18th, 2017, 08:48 PM
Hey DS - Steubenville is Trump Country. Voted 2/3 for your savior Trump. So more like rightist ignoring of criminal activity, which seems to be rampant in the WH.

He's YOUR Savior too Jon. He is The God Emperor of us ALL!

GreenGlasses
September 19th, 2017, 12:58 AM
Glad Richmond got to play, he served his time, the justice system meted out a punishment and he honored it. He cant do anymore.

Now its time for others to let it go and for Richmond to get on with his life.

Let that **** happen to your daughter and then come back and say the exact same thing. I guess you would care if he would have murdered someone at 16 and ate their brains. xasswhipxxasswhipxxasswhipxxasswhipx

Bisonoline
September 19th, 2017, 01:21 AM
Let that **** happen to your daughter and then come back and say the exact same thing. I guess you would care if he would have murdered someone at 16 and ate their brains. xasswhipxxasswhipxxasswhipxxasswhipx

Now there was a factual well reasoned response.

So what other limitations are you going to impose on this kid?

BisonTru
September 19th, 2017, 01:34 AM
He's YOUR Savior too Jon. He is The God Emperor of us ALL!

#NotaStadium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper 76
September 19th, 2017, 04:21 AM
Lol, you're all idiots. The kid made a mistake. Btw, the girl who he "raped" never wanted to press charges against him and was later arrested a year later for prostitution and is well known down in those parts as being a certain type of girl. Bo and JT are on the same side here. They are backing this kid. It's the other administrators who are upset because the community is making a fuss. People protesting outside the stadium! Hahahaha. All 10 of them. And for people who think this is going to affect attendance, nobody attends the games anyway so who cares. Neither Bo or JT are going anywhere. Go Guins !

Wow. Do me a favor. Go play in traffic.

PantherRob82
September 19th, 2017, 06:01 AM
I do not have any opinions on the matter , bu I did want to thank you guys for this entertaining thread.

The Pud
September 19th, 2017, 06:38 AM
I do not have any opinions on the matter , bu I did want to thank you guys for this entertaining thread.

+2

Winston
September 19th, 2017, 07:09 AM
I dont have a dog in this fight. But don't glorify rapists and don't feel sorry for them.

The Pud
September 19th, 2017, 07:37 AM
I dont have a dog in this fight. But don't glorify rapists and don't feel sorry for them.

+3

same here

Penguin Nation
September 19th, 2017, 10:34 AM
National shame and scorn continues to rain down on Scumbag U:

http://newsok.com/why-a-former-ou-co-defensive-coordinator-is-under-fire-despite-success-at-youngstown-state/article/5564596

"Bo Pelini has done lots of unsavory things during his coaching career."

"But none of that compares to what the former Oklahoma co-defensive coordinator and longtime Stoops family friend did Saturday.Pelini played a convicted rapist."

"The fact Pelini sought out, then welcomed a convicted rapist onto his football team is frankly enough to get him fired.
But allowing a convicted rapist to play in a game?
It's unconscionable."

"Some of his actions before were unsavory.
This is downright repulsive."

Daytripper
September 19th, 2017, 10:41 AM

http://newsok.com/why-a-former-ou-co-defensive-coordinator-is-under-fire-despite-success-at-youngstown-state/article/5564596

"But none of that compares to what the former Oklahoma co-defensive coordinator and longtime Stoops family friend did Saturday.Pelini played a convicted rapist."

"The fact Pelini sought out, then welcomed a convicted rapist onto his football team is frankly enough to get him fired.
It's unconscionable."

Does Pelini and Tressel actually believe this will blow over and eventually become a non-story?

DirtyDukes
September 19th, 2017, 10:53 AM
Not trying to start something here but I've heard rumblings that Bo suggested he sue the school to guarantee some playing time...

Daytripper
September 19th, 2017, 10:56 AM
Not trying to start something here but I've heard rumblings that Bo suggested he sue the school to guarantee some playing time...

If that is true, it's just another reason he should be fired.

penguinpower
September 19th, 2017, 11:00 AM

It's unconscionable."

I don't give a **** what some libtard journalist says or thinks. The law is the law and everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm glad it matters to you because you are void of any original thought

Penguin Nation
September 19th, 2017, 11:09 AM
Does Pelini and Tressel actually believe this will blow over and eventually become a non-story?

IMO, Pelini doesn't care doesn't care if it blows over. I suspect he narrowly only sees Xs and Os and Ws and Ls, and is blind to anything external to that. As far as Tressel goes, he knows he's at No Accountability U, which is located in a town whose last mayor stayed in office after pleading guilty to misdemeanor corruption charges. He can just ignore or lie (I say lie as that's what's alleged by a Vindy reporter) his way out of this. If YSU takes a hit, as it has, he still gets paid.

This isn't blowing over. This is YSU's Cuyahoga River fire. Long after the fire was put out, Cleveland was labeled a ****hole. When I was in grad school in DC, another student (from New England) was making fun of Cleveland and said, "You know, rivers aren't supposed to catch fire." Long after Richmond, Tressel, and Pelini are gone, the association of rape and YSU will still exist due to the viral nature of the story. When people hear Tressel's name now, they still think about scandals that are two decades old.

That's why I say, in the entire history of YSU, no one has caused it as much harm to YSU as Pelini.

Penguin Nation
September 19th, 2017, 11:12 AM

I've suspected that. It's what fits and makes the most sense.

Serpentor
September 19th, 2017, 11:13 AM
I'm not saying this guy is entitled to play football, but I'm generally curious just what options a convicted rapist is allowed to have after their prison sentence ends. By Penguin Nation's own admission, he works for a company that doesn't hire folks with a rape in their criminal history. Sounds noble enough, but what would happen if EVERY company had that policy?

It's like trying to get into an industry where every company wants you to have some experience: it's always SOMEBODY else's job to take a chance on someone while you sit back comfortable that that responsibility isn't on YOUR hands.

I feel like the unwritten rule here is we give lip service toward rehabilitation, but really we just want them to kill themselves.

Penguin Nation
September 19th, 2017, 11:17 AM
http://614now.com/2017/opinion/opinion-tressel-and-the-rapist

"The Youngstown State student who initiated the petition has no beef with Richmond taking classes, but believes that his status as a sex offender should preclude the privilege of playing football. Well, Duh.

The Steubenville Rape case was horrific."

"Jim Tressel should have reeled his coach in and nixed this Ma’Lik Richmond deal from the get go. It shouldn’t require a student-initiated petition. It’s just common sense. The last thing Ma’Lik Richmond needs as he tries to move on with his life is to be immersed in that pervasive culture of college football, where morality becomes ambiguous in the quest for victory. After all Jim Tressel has been through, he ought to know better, especially if he is going to have the audacity to be the head of a public university."

UNIFanSince1983
September 19th, 2017, 11:19 AM
I haven't heard about this story outside of this thread on this board. It is far from a major news story. Maybe it is in Youngstown. I am pretty sure this will not stop Bo from getting another job even if he is let go by YSU.

If your boss hired someone who had been convicted of rape while a minor, and they turned out to be a great worker and caused no issues. In the end making your life easier, would you call for your boss who hired him to be fired? Do you stop buying products from companies that may have felons working there?

Penguin Nation
September 19th, 2017, 11:40 AM
I'm not saying this guy is entitled to play football, but I'm generally curious just what options a convicted rapist is allowed to have after their prison sentence ends. By Penguin Nation's own admission, he works for a company that doesn't hire folks with a rape in their criminal history. Sounds noble enough, but what would happen if EVERY company had that policy?

It's like trying to get into an industry where every company wants you to have some experience: it's always SOMEBODY else's job to take a chance on someone while you sit back comfortable that that responsibility isn't on YOUR hands.

I feel like the unwritten rule here is we give lip service toward rehabilitation, but really we just want them to kill themselves.

I own the company. NFW I'm exposing my customers and employees to a sexual predator. If every company had that policy, then rapists would face social consequences for their actions beyond a broken legal system. No one wants anybody "to kill themselves" or do anything as savage as what the rapist did, but if you are going to rape....deal with the consequences of rape.

Frankly it's not my problem. Fixing other ppl's mistakes for them is not something I'm interested in. I generally hold the belief that I don't know what's best for other ppl, as they don't know what's best for me. I don't meddle in their affairs, and I don't want them meddling in mine. Life is basically a sum of actions and consequences. Someone who commits a gang-rape is going to pay a price, perhaps even a severe one. He committed the act, he owns the act, and he owns the consequences. There are better causes to devote your concern to, if one feels the need to meddle in others lives. Will he become broke and homeless? Maybe. Will he finish college and get a job somewhere? (BTW there are places that hire convicts) Maybe. It's up to him. He's limited his options, but can still make the most of his situation. One argument is that by providing social consequences for rape, he will become an even greater criminal. This is helpless Stockholm Syndrome type thinking. If he commits another crime, then he pays a price for that too. As far as rehabilitation goes, he has to want it, and fight for it, and if he thinks it must include FB, then he's not truly interested in actual rehab.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 19th, 2017, 11:46 AM
Let that **** happen to your daughter and then come back and say the exact same thing. I guess you would care if he would have murdered someone at 16 and ate their brains. xasswhipxxasswhipxxasswhipxxasswhipxIf my daughter didn't shoot the rapist she gets what she gets. She wasn't raised to be a victim. Strawman DENIED!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 19th, 2017, 11:46 AM
Now there was a factual well reasoned response.

So what other limitations are you going to impose on this kid?I dont think he should get to eat at Subway or KFC

Penguin Nation
September 19th, 2017, 11:48 AM
I haven't heard about this story outside of this thread on this board. It is far from a major news story. Maybe it is in Youngstown. I am pretty sure this will not stop Bo from getting another job even if he is let go by YSU.

If your boss hired someone who had been convicted of rape while a minor, and they turned out to be a great worker and caused no issues. In the end making your life easier, would you call for your boss who hired him to be fired? Do you stop buying products from companies that may have felons working there?

Interesting hypothetical scenario. However, the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

Every sordid twist of this story has been covered by every major news outlet in the USA, and some in the international media. I've posted many of them, but frankly it was getting repetitive so I stopped. If you do an internet search, you'll see than even the rapist's involvement in Saturday's game was covered by everyone in the MSM.

Bisonoline
September 19th, 2017, 12:05 PM
http://614now.com/2017/opinion/opinion-tressel-and-the-rapist

"The Youngstown State student who initiated the petition has no beef with Richmond taking classes, but believes that his status as a sex offender should preclude the privilege of playing football. Well, Duh.

The Steubenville Rape case was horrific."

"Jim Tressel should have reeled his coach in and nixed this Ma’Lik Richmond deal from the get go. It shouldn’t require a student-initiated petition. It’s just common sense. The last thing Ma’Lik Richmond needs as he tries to move on with his life is to be immersed in that pervasive culture of college football, where morality becomes ambiguous in the quest for victory. After all Jim Tressel has been through, he ought to know better, especially if he is going to have the audacity to be the head of a public university."

Pure unadulterated Bull-****. Many of lifes lessons are learned while playing sports.

Penguin Nation
September 19th, 2017, 12:10 PM
YSU's student-athlete handbook:

http://www.ysusports.com/information/compliance/2015-16/2015-16_YSU_Student_Athlete_Handbook.pdf

Twice it states, "Participating in athletics at YSU is a privilege and not a right," including just above where the student signs.

In case it was necessary to point out, participation in athletics is not a "right."

Bisonoline
September 19th, 2017, 12:15 PM
Interesting hypothetical scenario. However, the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

Every sordid twist of this story has been covered by every major news outlet in the USA, and some in the international media. I've posted many of them, but frankly it was getting repetitive so I stopped. If you do an internet search, you'll see than even the rapist's involvement in Saturday's game was covered by everyone in the MSM.

With some people yes. There are many things I did when younger That I wouldnt think of doing now. That includes legal and illegal.

Bisonoline
September 19th, 2017, 12:17 PM

http://www.ysusports.com/information/compliance/2015-16/2015-16_YSU_Student_Athlete_Handbook.pdf

Twice it states, "Participating in athletics at YSU is a privilege and not a right," including just above where the student signs.

In case it was necessary to point out, participation in athletics is not a "right."

Stated in the handbook. But will that pass the smell test when it goes to court?

BisonTru
September 19th, 2017, 12:21 PM
If my daughter didn't shoot the rapist she gets what she gets. She wasn't raised to be a victim. Strawman DENIED!

The chick was pretty much passed out. Of course none of you bloodline would ever over indulge in the adult beverages, I'm sure. xcoolx

Penguin Nation
September 19th, 2017, 12:28 PM
With some people yes. There are many things I did when younger That I wouldnt think of doing now. That includes legal and illegal.

Of course. I think most ppl did crazy stuff as kids. There's a book called, "Three felonies a day," which points out that the laws are so intrusive that each of us on average commits 3 felonies a day.

I supported a player who transferred to YSU, and was drafted this year by the Giants who, while at NE, showed a woman on campus his prick. It was stupid, and a cause for concern, but I didn't think it should prevent him the privilege of CFB.

The line for me is violence. Dragging around a defenseless girl and repeatedly raping her, and later bullying her....is WAY beyond that line.

I didn't do anything remotely similar to that at age 16, and I suspect you didn't either.

clenz
September 19th, 2017, 12:33 PM
Stated in the handbook. But will that pass the smell test when it goes to court?[/B]
Considering the basis for the TRO was things from the school handbook, I certainly hope it would

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 19th, 2017, 12:34 PM
The chick was pretty much passed out. Of course none of you bloodline would ever over indulge in the adult beverages, I'm sure. xcoolxShe made the choice to put herself in that position. So she gets to deal with it.

Daytripper
September 19th, 2017, 12:35 PM
She made the choice to put herself in that position. So she gets to deal with it.

Victim-blaming. Hmm.

Lorne_Malvo
September 19th, 2017, 12:51 PM
She made the choice to put herself in that position. So she gets to deal with it.

Ahhh the old "she asked for it" ploy. Weak, wrong and disappointing.

Would it be bad of me to link your post to a few rape victim forums?

Serpentor
September 19th, 2017, 01:00 PM

Regardless of the stupid choices she made with her life, that doesn't absolve Richmond of his responsibilities.

If some underage girl comes to me offering to have sex, I still have agency and an obligation to turn her down, whether she was asking for it or not.

The only time I get pissed about a rape label is when two college students who are equally intoxicated and have consensual sex and then the college determines the man is guilty of date rape. That's a pure double standard that is in place.

The Yo Show
September 19th, 2017, 01:06 PM
Considering the basis for the TRO was things from the school handbook, I certainly hope it would

Actually, according to these statements from the judge, her basis was on two things the university making him promises and that it is violating federal law guaranteeing equal opportunities.

"Although Judge Pearson wrote in her opinion that it isn't yet clear if Richmond will prevail if he takes his case before a jury, she calls “viable” Richmond's claims that the university breached a contract with him and that YSU violated the federal law guaranteeing equal opportunities for both male and female athletes."

http://www.wfmj.com/story/36374392/why-judge-ruled-for-malik-richmond-and-against-ysu - (article for reference)

Based on this though, it appears it has gone full Title IX which I predicted back on page 22.

The Yo Show
September 19th, 2017, 01:10 PM
While YSU shouldn't have added him in the first place, since they were going to let him be on the team, if they did drop him from the team at this point do they not risk him filing a lawsuit claiming Title IX discrimination? From the legal standpoint (and I'm no expert), it would appear that if YSU reverses course now (while morally correct), it would be subject to legal ramifications if he decided to pursue a Title IX discrimination case?

"Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (“Title IX”), 20 U.S.C. §1681 et seq., is a Federal civil rights law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in education programs and activities. All public and private elementary and secondary schools, school districts, colleges, and universities (hereinafter “schools”) receiving any Federal funds must comply with Title IX. Under Title IX, discrimination on the basis of sex can include sexual harassment or sexual violence, such as rape, sexual assault, sexual battery, and sexual coercion."
"A complaint of discrimination can be filed by anyone who believes that a school that receives Federal financial assistance has discriminated against someone on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age. The person or organization filing the complaint need not be a victim of the alleged discrimination, but may complain on behalf of another person or group."

source: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/docs/title-ix-rights-201104.html

Again, obviously the morally correct thing (and to avoid this issue) would have been to simply not accept him on the team. However, if he gets kicked because of a petition at this point regarding his past, there would most definitely seem to be potential legal ramifications for YSU. Stupid they got themselves in this mess. Anyone else have input on this? Maybe a lawyer?

Yeah again, I'm not a lawyer, but from what I got out of the statement from the judge is that she is siding with richmond so far off a Title IX Argument. I know it was (briefly) debated that Title IX did not create a rapists as a protected class, but evidently that is how this judge is interpreting it? Crazy

TennBison
September 19th, 2017, 08:25 PM
It must be a major thorn in the backside for those in power at the school who would like to see this kid not even at the school let alone on the football team that the head football coach and the athletic director both support this kid in his effort to play football at the school.

penguinpower
September 19th, 2017, 09:40 PM
Wow. Do me a favor. Go play in traffic.

chief I get your point

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 19th, 2017, 10:17 PM
Victim-blaming. Hmm.I wasn't blaming anyone just pointing out she put herself in the position to have bad things happen.

No different than walking across the street and getting hit by a bus. You put yourself in the street, it was a choice and sometimes when you put yourself in dangerous situations bad things happen.

Penguin Nation
September 20th, 2017, 08:50 AM
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/page/324530_A_Rapist_Recruited_This_Season

"But scandal? Well, Tressel and Pelini both have had quite a few of these in their time. “Tattoogate” and other brow raisers can be accredited to Tressel and most of what Pelini has suffered is backlash from his antics as a truly vociferous and emotive “alpha dog” attack coach.
Let’s not get into all the particulars here, though. Just suffice it to say that this duo of pigskin kings may have just kicked up their worst yet in the active recruiting of Ma’Lik Richmond. Sad to say, both Tressel and Pelini could probably coach Donald Trump on a thing or two regarding scandals."

walliver
September 20th, 2017, 08:56 AM
It must be a major thorn in the backside for those in power at the school who would like to see this kid not even at the school let alone on the football team that the head football coach and the athletic director both support this kid in his effort to play football at the school.

"Those in power" selected a football coach, not an academic, to be school president. The people who appointed Tressel knew, or should have known, what they were getting into.

Sycamore62
September 20th, 2017, 08:56 AM

I think outside of this fishbowl it has.

POD Knows
September 20th, 2017, 09:20 AM
Yeah again, I'm not a lawyer, but from what I got out of the statement from the judge is that she is siding with richmond so far off a Title IX Argument. I know it was (briefly) debated that Title IX did not create a rapists as a protected class, but evidently that is how this judge is interpreting it? CrazyThe reason why they will have a problem dismissing or kicking this kid off the team is the fact that citing the felony conviction as the reason has been deemed or is seen as racist or racial discrimination. Not kidding. That is the tactic that the EEOC has been using against private employers and not it has seeped its way into title IX. Pathetic.

ysubigred
September 20th, 2017, 10:18 AM
Funny that most on here trying to be an advocate of the victim and make yourself feel better by trying to prosecute the kid again as an adult for what he did as a juvenile probably supported the Clintons xsmhx ****ing hypocrites ;)

Carry on xsalutex

UNIFanSince1983
September 20th, 2017, 10:43 AM

So if someone determines that he is worthy of the privilege to play college football he should be allowed to right?

Just because you and a few other people don't think he is doesn't mean he shouldn't get that privilege. There are plenty of people I feel shouldn't get the privilege of the jobs they have, but someone did. Not my place to tell them they should fire them just because I don't think they are worthy.

TheRevSFA
September 20th, 2017, 10:54 AM
I dont think he should get to eat at Subway or KFC

No one should eat at Subway or KFC....Why subject your bodies to that?

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
September 22nd, 2017, 03:46 PM

Thank you for confirming the existence of rape culture.

Penguin Nation
September 29th, 2017, 08:51 AM
Update:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20841742/hearing-malik-richmond-lawsuit-vs-youngstown-state-postponed

"That hearing has been postponed, and an attorney representing the school says a new hearing date has not been set. Richmond's attorney says the order will allow Richmond to continue playing until the hearing is held."

IMO, the gang-rapist plays versus SDSU and every game afterward unless (or until) a judge rules for the defendant (YSU). The delay is another legal win for the rapist, and his playing strengthens his case.

Paladin1aa
September 29th, 2017, 08:59 AM
Bozo wins. Keeps his rapist player he recruited and thumbs his nose at everyone. Win at all costs.

cx500d
September 29th, 2017, 06:29 PM
Bozo wins. Keeps his rapist player he recruited and thumbs his nose at everyone. Win at all costs.

Maybe SDSU should take a knee?

Bisonoline
September 29th, 2017, 09:19 PM
Maybe SDSU should take a knee?

Is there a ribbon color we could wear?

cx500d
September 29th, 2017, 09:51 PM
Is there a ribbon color we could wear?

White:
According to

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awareness_ribbons

A global symbol for men and boys working to end male violence against women and girls.[19]

Bisonoline
September 29th, 2017, 10:25 PM
White:
According to

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awareness_ribbons (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awareness_ribbons)

A global symbol for men and boys working to end male violence against women and girls.[19]

No no no--a ribbon FOR violence?????xlolx

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 30th, 2017, 01:45 AM
Like this?

https://rlv.zcache.com/democrat_button-rd32d8629cc534d2d9f1d47a6109af97a_k94rf_324.jpg?rl vnet=1

Penguin Nation
October 2nd, 2017, 09:51 AM
Update:

Settlement reached between the gang-rapist and YSU. Details not available.

http://www.wfmj.com/story/36499406/settlement-reached-in-malik-richmond-suit-against-ysu

My suspicion is that the agreement involves the rapist staying on the team, and playing in the future. I don't see the plaintiff/rapist settling for anything less.

Bisonoline
October 2nd, 2017, 12:21 PM
Update:

Settlement reached between the gang-rapist and YSU. Details not available.

http://www.wfmj.com/story/36499406/settlement-reached-in-malik-richmond-suit-against-ysu

My suspicion is that the agreement involves the rapist staying on the team, and playing in the future. I don't see the plaintiff/rapist settling for anything less.

Didnt you read it?

Penguin Nation
October 2nd, 2017, 12:26 PM
Didnt you read it?

Relax dude. The article was "Updated: Oct 02, 2017 12:56 PM", after I initially posted it.

Lorne_Malvo
October 2nd, 2017, 12:28 PM
What a laugh riot!

"While the settlement agreement may cause concern for some, we believe it is in the best overall interest of the university, students and the community."

Penguin Nation
October 2nd, 2017, 12:29 PM
Statement from YSU:

"Youngstown State University and representatives for YSU student and football player Ma’lik Richmond have reached an agreement to settle a federal lawsuit filed by Richmond in September.

As part of the settlement, Richmond agreed to undergo additional training with respect to issues involving Title IX. Richmond will remain on the active roster and will remain eligible to play football.

This has been a complex situation and will continue to be of interest to our campus community. As we move forward, we are prepared to continue to engage the campus in a review of our policies at it relates to these types of situations, including policies on student participation in athletics and other high-profile university activities. While the settlement agreement may cause concern for some, we believe it is in the best overall interest of the university, students and the community."

YSU was legally schooled by a rapist.

Yote 53
October 2nd, 2017, 12:37 PM
Let me get this straight, the rapist has agreed to take a class about not raping females and in exchange he gets to stay on the team?

Penguin Nation
October 2nd, 2017, 12:56 PM
Let me get this straight, the rapist has agreed to take a class about not raping females and in exchange he gets to stay on the team?

It's worse than that, YSU is covering the rapists attorneys fees (prolly easily >$10k). The rapist was also seeking monetary damages as YSU was "hurting his NFL prospects." No word on that aspect of the settlement....I doubt the rapist gets anything for that....I think students would riot if that happened.

https://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2017/10/02/malik-richmond-will-remain-on-ysu-football-team-under-court-settlement

Bisonoline
October 2nd, 2017, 01:03 PM

He has already served time and has taken those classes during his rehabilitation. This is nothing more than making him serve another penance to try and show the school it moving him along the right path. IOW it helps them save a little face because they are getting there ass handed to them on a problem they created.

clenz
October 2nd, 2017, 01:10 PM
Statement from YSU:

"Youngstown State University and representatives for YSU student and football player Ma’lik Richmond have reached an agreement to settle a federal lawsuit filed by Richmond in September.

As part of the settlement, Richmond agreed to undergo additional training with respect to issues involving Title IX. Richmond will remain on the active roster and will remain eligible to play football.

This has been a complex situation and will continue to be of interest to our campus community. As we move forward, we are prepared to continue to engage the campus in a review of our policies at it relates to these types of situations, including policies on student participation in athletics and other high-profile university activities. While the settlement agreement may cause concern for some, we believe it is in the best overall interest of the university, students and the community."

YSU was legally schooled by a rapist.Well, he was well versed in the legal system by age 16....due to...you know...raping a girlg

Lorne_Malvo
October 2nd, 2017, 01:25 PM
It's worse than that, YSU is covering the rapists attorneys fees (prolly easily >$10k). The rapist was also seeking monetary damages as YSU was "hurting his NFL prospects." No word on that aspect of the settlement....I doubt the rapist gets anything for that....I think students would riot if that happened.

https://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2017/10/02/malik-richmond-will-remain-on-ysu-football-team-under-court-settlement

He got paid, but you will NEVER see the terms of the settlement.
Just wondering if this kid has played lights out enough to be worth this mess?

What are his stats so far?

citdog
October 2nd, 2017, 01:33 PM
Well, he was well versed in the legal system by age 16....due to...you know...raping a girl

Lol

Professor Chaos
October 2nd, 2017, 01:37 PM

2 garbage time tackles against CCSU and a DNP against SDSU.... I'm sure his NFL stock is going through the roof though. xrolleyesx

Penguin Nation
October 2nd, 2017, 01:40 PM

Played in the Spring game and most of the second half vs CCSU. Two tackles, one solo, one TFL for 2 yards.

IMO, he's a gifted athlete, and if he was not a rapist would now be at a P5 school on his way to the NFL.

As far as the settlement goes.....YSU was probably desperate not to have the media spectacle of its president and Pelini on the witness stand in a matter regarding recruiting a rapist. So yeah...the leverage belonged to the rapist...who knows what else he got.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
October 2nd, 2017, 01:49 PM
2 garbage time tackles against CCSU and a DNP against SDSU.... I'm sure his NFL stock is going through the roof though. xrolleyesx

Richmond should be thanking God he never played against SDSU. If I was SDSU's OL coach and saw him on the field, I'd instruct my linemen to make sure Richmond "leaves" the game early. And if Pelini raises hell about it, I would tell him he should have thought about that when he brought him onboard.

Evolution Prime
October 2nd, 2017, 01:56 PM
Richmond should be thanking God he never played against SDSU. If I was SDSU's OL coach and saw him on the field, I'd instruct my linemen to make sure Richmond "leaves" the game early. And if Pelini raises hell about it, I would tell him he should have thought about that when he brought him onboard.

Naw, out O-Line isn't dirty. However, I'm sure we could have had Rozeboom in at receiver to throw a block down field...

Professor Chaos
October 2nd, 2017, 02:14 PM

Naw, out O-Line isn't dirty. However, I'm sure we could have had Rozeboom in at receiver to throw a block down field...
But they do employ this move:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuPds1Lyft4

Which, despite the video's title, I've been assured was not a cheap shot. xwhistlex

Catbooster
October 2nd, 2017, 02:46 PM
This is all really just an elaborate scheme to get rid of Richmond. Now the NCAA will come in and say he was paid money (a settlement) related to his athletic career. Therefore he is ineligible to play at any NCAA institution. xwhistlex

Or maybe not.

Evolution Prime
October 2nd, 2017, 02:46 PM

Which, despite the video's title, I've been assured was not a cheap shot. xwhistlex

He slipped on the slick turf.

Bisonoline
October 2nd, 2017, 02:51 PM

No it wasnt. I used that same block hundreds of times.

Paladin1aa
October 2nd, 2017, 06:19 PM
Rumor is Richmond traded off his right to sue for damages in exchange for "play time" at the coaches discretion and settling without further legal wrangling. The" coaches discretion" is under pressure as Bozo is in Tressels doghouse. Didn't play vs SDSU but could have. With this settled, I expect Bozo to hold off playing him and then he "magically" wins lots of play time or starts next year. Both sides get something of what they wanted.

Still, looks ugly as he11

uni88
October 3rd, 2017, 05:13 AM
There are criminal, civil and societal consequences to something like this. This guy has been charged in criminal court and served his sentence. Has the girl sued him in civil court? I'm no lawyer but I would think she should, especially if he has NFL aspirations. Win a judgement that includes garnishing future earnings. It might not make her feel any better but it will hopefully make him regret his actions all that much more. Finally, societal consequences are what he is experiencing with the backlash against him playing and will face in the future when potential employers google his name and pass on even considering him for employment. He better hope he makes the NFL because all of the Internet traffic that this has caused will push this stuff up the google results and make it more likely that someone will find out and not hire him. IMO, he's doubled down on playing football with the hopes of making the NFL.

Paladin1aa
October 3rd, 2017, 08:50 AM
I believe he would not be legally liable as he was a minor at the time of the offense. Parents are dead. Who do you sue ? Maybe the foster parents who had custody at the time of the crime and the foster father is a wealthy bank V-P?

Penguin Nation
October 3rd, 2017, 10:31 AM
There are criminal, civil and societal consequences to something like this. This guy has been charged in criminal court and served his sentence. Has the girl sued him in civil court? I'm no lawyer but I would think she should, especially if he has NFL aspirations. Win a judgement that includes garnishing future earnings. It might not make her feel any better but it will hopefully make him regret his actions all that much more. Finally, societal consequences are what he is experiencing with the backlash against him playing and will face in the future when potential employers google his name and pass on even considering him for employment. He better hope he makes the NFL because all of the Internet traffic that this has caused will push this stuff up the google results and make it more likely that someone will find out and not hire him. IMO, he's doubled down on playing football with the hopes of making the NFL.

Well said.

All actions that everyone takes have either negative or positive consequences or both. Eating a donut, saying the wrong words, bungee jumping in Mexico...all have non-legal consequences. But for the "he served his time" crowd, an all night gang-rape should somehow be excluded from this.

Penguin Nation
October 3rd, 2017, 10:32 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/02/latest-university-reviewing-athletics-policy-after-suit.html

"Youngstown State University says it will review its policies on athletics and other student activities following the settlement of a lawsuit with a football player convicted of rape as a teen."

DirtyDukes
October 3rd, 2017, 10:57 AM
I'm telling you right now Bo told him to sue so he could get what he wants.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
October 3rd, 2017, 11:00 AM

He has the same odds of getting drafted by an NFL team as Luke Heimlich getting drafted by a MLB team last year and next year: ZERO.

Penguin Nation
October 3rd, 2017, 11:53 AM
I'm telling you right now Bo told him to sue so he could get what he wants.

It's what makes sense. However, Pelini can get away w/ anything (recruiting infamous rapists, having the school become a defendant) at No Accountability U.

cx500d
October 3rd, 2017, 04:57 PM
It's what makes sense. However, Pelini can get away w/ anything (recruiting infamous rapists, having the school become a defendant) at No Accountability U.

I thought NAU was in Flagstaff?

UNIFanSince1983
October 3rd, 2017, 05:32 PM
Wait did he recruit more than one rapist?

The title says "recruiting rapists" which is plural. One would assume is more than one right?

Penguin Nation
October 4th, 2017, 10:47 AM
http://www.wfmj.com/story/36511207/coach-pelini-malik-richmond-will-represent-team-ysu-in-right-way

Rapist to play an "active role" with the YSU FB program.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought NAU was in Flagstaff?

They've opened a branch campus. :)

Penguin Nation
October 5th, 2017, 11:37 AM
Released today on ESPN.com:

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/20919982/malik-richmond-youngstown-state-penguins-earned-second-chance-rape-conviction-coach-bo-pelini-says

"He's been through a lot," Pelini said. "It makes you grow up in a hurry."

**sniff**

Paladin1aa
October 5th, 2017, 03:18 PM
Bozo is quoted in the ESPN story saying " I'm not stupid."

Yes, you are , Bozo. You recruited him knowing full well his background. You ven knew other coaches didn't recruit him because of the rape, while telling him he had NFL potential. And if you did real due diligence, you would have learned he had NO REMORSE by pressuring her not to testify and threatening her. You even DROVE back to Steubenville to bring him back after he quit, left the team and school and convince him you had a place for a rapist. And I wonder who "suggested" a lawsuit to play ? You promoted a rapist over the reputation and integrity of the University.
Yes, azzhole, you are stupid.

citdog
October 5th, 2017, 06:07 PM

Yes, you are , Bozo. You recruited him knowing full well his background. You ven knew other coaches didn't recruit him because of the rape, while telling him he had NFL potential. And if you did real due diligence, you would have learned he had NO REMORSE by pressuring her not to testify and threatening her. You even DROVE back to Steubenville to bring him back after he quit, left the team and school and convince him you had a place for a rapist. And I wonder who "suggested" a lawsuit to play ? You promoted a rapist over the reputation and integrity of the University.

IF the above is true it's pretty ****ing bad...

Penguin Nation
October 5th, 2017, 11:15 PM
IF the above is true it's pretty ****ing bad...

It's all true, including the post-gang rape bullying of the victim.

Bozo is a POS.

Penguin Nation
October 6th, 2017, 09:45 AM
YSU's steadfast advocacy for recruiting rapists remains in the national media. W/in last 24 hours:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/coach-football-player-convicted-rape-earned-2nd-chance-50296520

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2017/10/05/coach-football-player-convicted-of-rape-earned-a-2nd-chance/106323000/

Yote 53
October 6th, 2017, 10:05 AM

The NFL isn't going anywhere near this guy. No way any franchise is going to invite the political backlash involved with bringing a convicted rapist into camp. Sure, there have been some bad guys that have played in the NFL but there has always been one formula when calculating why they are still on the team, "is your talent worth the trouble?" In this case, there is no way this guy has enough talent, or even if he does, the perceived reputation that would make it worth the risk. Heck, they won't even give Ray Rice another chance and I actually do believe he is very sorry and contrite for what he did, going so far as becoming an advocating for speaking out against violence against women and pledging any future game checks towards the cause. Still not going to get back in the league.

penguinpower
October 6th, 2017, 10:43 AM
Not sure this giy is NFL material anyway

Paladin1aa
October 6th, 2017, 11:26 AM
I also believe that this is Bozo's Waterloo. After the highly publicized Nebraska firing and aftermath and now this scandal at YSU, I think Bozo's chances at being a HC at another FBS program is gone. Too much baggage. Vile mouth. Lack of control. The rapist. All of it. It's a package all do not want to deal with. Bozo is a POS.

YSU is stuck with him.

For now.

neverobeyed
October 6th, 2017, 11:56 AM
http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/20919982/malik-richmond-youngstown-state-penguins-earned-second-chance-rape-conviction-coach-bo-pelini-says

From the story:
"'He really puts his nose to the grindstone and brings it every day," Pelini said. "He understands the scrutiny that goes with this story, that with his background, he can't make another mistake.'"

Oh, it was a mistake. Okay.

Why ... WHY? ... would any parent allow their son to play for this POS.

BisonBacker
October 6th, 2017, 11:58 AM
YSU's steadfast advocacy for recruiting rapists remains in the national media. W/in last 24 hours:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/coach-football-player-convicted-rape-earned-2nd-chance-50296520

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2017/10/05/coach-football-player-convicted-of-rape-earned-a-2nd-chance/106323000/

Man what a black eye for YSU.

PantherRob82
October 6th, 2017, 12:18 PM
Man what a black eye for YSU.
It tarnishes their outstanding reputation… Never mind, carry-on. LOL

Penguin Nation
October 8th, 2017, 09:35 AM
Off-topic, as this thread is about a rapist and the privilege of college athletics, here's an article in today's Vindicator about YSU's admissions rates/policies regarding felons:

http://www.vindy.com/news/2017/oct/08/what-are-university-rules-on-admission-o/

Paladin1aa
October 8th, 2017, 09:57 AM
The rapist played at USD

Penguin Nation
October 8th, 2017, 10:11 AM
The rapist played at USD

A QB hurry and that's it. I thought he at least had skill on his side.

uni88
November 21st, 2017, 07:55 PM
Ran across this old quote by Pelini from 2011. It was in Sports Illustrated but I can't link to the article anymore.

"I look at my job as a football coach as to educate and to prepare the kids that come into the program for the rest of their life. That's what we are; we are a university system. I thought that this game gave us an opportunity to show that the situation going on is bigger than football. It is bigger than the football game that was just played. It is bigger than the young men that played in the game that would have missed it, had they called it off."

"It's about doing what's right in society," Pelini added. "It's about doing what's right and wrong. Trust me, when I tell you, I don't know the specifics of the situation and I am not judging anybody. But the fact is young kids were hurt and that's a crime in itself. It is a lot bigger than football, the NCAA, the Big Ten and anything else."

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 22nd, 2017, 06:25 AM
I saw they finished 6-5 and missed the playoffs. Bringing in someone who was convicted of rape was never worth it. I hope Pelini gets a pink slip for an early Christmas present.

Professor Chaos
November 22nd, 2017, 07:14 AM
Richmond finished the year appearing in 5 games with 5 total tackles and 2 TFLs (for a total of -3 yards).

I'm sure YSU is having a hard time keeping up with the tape requests from NFL scouts. xrolleyesx

Maybe he can sue the statisticians for not giving him enough numbers and endangering his future NFL career...

Paladin1aa
November 22nd, 2017, 09:15 AM
A little insight -- Richmond lost a year in H.S. While in Juvie jail as a Jr. His senior year he was district player of the year playing middle LB and WR, starting at both at 6'4, 250 on an annual playoff power in Ohio. He was out of FB for another year while bouncing around colleges before coming to YSU. There he sat out another year before coming out as a walkon. With the uproar, Bozo limited his play behind the normal two deep at DE, yet he made the travel team as a walkon and got some playtime. The guy is an athlete. I had predicted that they would try to hide him because of the publicity and slowly work him in trying to avoid the pressure on YSU to jettison him. And that is exactly what they did. But next year , he will start and play a lot. With the drop in attendance at YSU, they won't feel they have to hide him any more. Make no mistake....... He is a player.............. And rapist

PantherRob82
December 14th, 2017, 07:55 PM
http://www.wtol.com/story/37060703/college-student-arrested-tried-to-trade-chicken-alfredo-sprite-for-sex?clienttype=generic&utm_content=buffer4582f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Not sure what position he plays, but he’s already enrolled. xcoffeex

Schism55
December 14th, 2017, 09:11 PM
http://www.wtol.com/story/37060703/college-student-arrested-tried-to-trade-chicken-alfredo-sprite-for-sex?clienttype=generic&utm_content=buffer4582f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Not sure what position he plays, but he’s already enrolled. xcoffeex
Maruna would bring lubricant, chicken Alfredo and Sprite.
Ohio party!!!!

BisonFan02
December 14th, 2017, 10:09 PM
Maruna would bring lubricant, chicken Alfredo and Sprite.
Ohio party!!!!

Jokes on you. The chicken Alfredo IS the lubricant.

Twentysix
December 14th, 2017, 11:15 PM
Jokes on you. The chicken Alfredo IS the lubricant.That is such a messed up memers picture.

I wrote mental but my phone put memers instead and I'm gonna just roll with it.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
December 14th, 2017, 11:28 PM
Jokes on you. The chicken Alfredo IS the lubricant.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/09/0947f4527eb06ef5809d5a1dfa228488ccc13a43efed4d32a5 1159e71c09ac49.jpg

Paladin1aa
December 15th, 2017, 02:47 PM
LOL. This dude isn't on the football team. Saw the arrest in the paper, but earliest reports didn't include he was a student at YSU.

BisonFan02
December 15th, 2017, 03:01 PM
LOL. This dude isn't on the football team. Saw the arrest in the paper, but earliest reports didn't include he was a student at YSU.

No, but he will be now. :D

PantherRob82
December 15th, 2017, 03:40 PM

If he wasn’t before he will be. Pelini loves Alfredo.

dbackjon
December 15th, 2017, 04:26 PM
If he wasn’t before he will be. Pelini loves Alfredo.

And his sauce

Paladin1aa
December 15th, 2017, 04:26 PM
Alfredo has more fat content than a red sauce, so, hence its more "slippery":D

Penguin Nation
December 30th, 2017, 10:16 AM
http://www.vindy.com/news/2017/dec/30/2017-opioids-malik-ysu-downtown-drew-attention/

YSU's recruitment of a convicted gang rapist listed as the #2 story in Youngstown in 2017.

Not a banner year for Ytown as "The opioid epidemic" was the top story.

C'mon YSU FB, get the #1 story in 2018. Maybe scout out ISIS recruits?

Penguin Nation
December 30th, 2017, 10:21 AM
I saw they finished 6-5 and missed the playoffs. Bringing in someone who was convicted of rape was never worth it. I hope Pelini gets a pink slip for an early Christmas present.

YSU just lost their DC (Carl Pelini) and OC. I suspect the exodus is due to the expectation that Bozo is leaving after the upcoming season, and so is their job security. The right thing to do would've been to fire Pelini mid-season after it was clear he was recruiting a convicted rapist, but then again this is Scumbag U.

Penguin Nation
December 30th, 2017, 10:23 AM
Richmond finished the year appearing in 5 games with 5 total tackles and 2 TFLs (for a total of -3 yards).

I'm sure YSU is having a hard time keeping up with the tape requests from NFL scouts. xrolleyesx

Maybe he can sue the statisticians for not giving him enough numbers and endangering his future NFL career...

Or sue NFL scouts for not recruiting him, or opposing ball carriers for eluding his tackles....

Penguin Nation
December 30th, 2017, 10:27 AM
A little insight -- Richmond lost a year in H.S. While in Juvie jail as a Jr. His senior year he was district player of the year playing middle LB and WR, starting at both at 6'4, 250 on an annual playoff power in Ohio. He was out of FB for another year while bouncing around colleges before coming to YSU. There he sat out another year before coming out as a walkon. With the uproar, Bozo limited his play behind the normal two deep at DE, yet he made the travel team as a walkon and got some playtime. The guy is an athlete. I had predicted that they would try to hide him because of the publicity and slowly work him in trying to avoid the pressure on YSU to jettison him. And that is exactly what they did. But next year , he will start and play a lot. With the drop in attendance at YSU, they won't feel they have to hide him any more. Make no mistake....... He is a player.............. And rapist

Paladin, why did the rapist not play the final 3 games? Ass injury from a bench splinter? Defensive injury from a girl? Nah...he prefers them defenseless and unconscious.

Paladin1aa
December 30th, 2017, 11:43 AM
I'm told it was an injury, but who knows.

Paladin1aa
December 30th, 2017, 01:31 PM
BTW, PN, Bozo finally got a decent H.S. Class in early recruiting. First one since he has been there. The transfer and 3 Jucos are also pretty good. He'll need them next year with all the holes he has to fill.

Penguin Nation
December 31st, 2017, 08:43 AM
BTW, PN, Bozo finally got a decent H.S. Class in early recruiting. First one since he has been there. The transfer and 3 Jucos are also pretty good. He'll need them next year with all the holes he has to fill.

With it being assumed he's leaving after the NE $ river runs dry, it seems hard to believe that he'd effectively recruit players or coordinators. Add into that that 2/3 seasons (including last season) at YSU were busts. If he had any plans to stay he could fix this issue by signing an extension, assuming Scumbag U wanted to keep him.

Paladin1aa
December 31st, 2017, 10:12 AM
I know. Makes little sense with his first three HS classes being average and below, frankly poorly,but this one, so far ,is pretty good. He has always had good luck with transfers and Jucos. You would think the insiders would know, especially his brother, so when both coordinators leave, they must know. Still, I don't look for a good year next season and that may limit where he can go, if anywhere. Only one good season isn't a great resume added to the baggage he carries. Pros as an assistant is possible as he knows D schemes and has a record there. This rapist thing may come to a head as I expect him to start, play a lot next year and may be an issue again.

Penguin Nation
January 22nd, 2018, 10:47 PM
A few weeks old, and again I do not believe the story that the rapist happened to randomly enroll at YSU, and Scumbag Pelini was hesitant to make the rapist a part of the program.

http://www.tribtoday.com/news/local-news/2017/12/richmonds-fight-to-play-makes-news/

Penguin Nation
January 31st, 2018, 02:26 PM
Scumbag U usually waits until after the conviction to recruit felons, but times are desperate:

http://www.vindy.com/news/2018/jan/27/mahoning-county-former-football-star-ysu/

Rumor is the judge ordered conjugal visits with Bo.

Paladin1aa
January 31st, 2018, 05:20 PM
This one bothers me. To my knowledge, he was not recruited , didn't have a schollie and wasn't on the team at YSU. I have no idea where the paper got their info. Believe he graduated in 2015 and wasn't that good a player. It would not surprise me that Bozo would stoop low enough to recruit another scumbag, but this one is " fake news", lol

BTW, after a pretty good early recruit class, Feb NLOID appears to be regressing and coming in a mixed bag. Undersized players, limited abilities mixed with a few solid players. Emphasis on more Jucos as Bozo must recognize how poor his H.s. Recruiting has been his last 3 years.

Paladin1aa
January 31st, 2018, 09:03 PM
Ed Puskas of the Vindy has now said the paper corrects the info. The player was never recruited, never enrolled in YSU and was never on the team. Incorrect info came from statements made in court. It confirms my recollection the player was not recruited by YSU. This kid was at best a D-II player and while YSU may have looked at him, at best, walk-on considerations never materialized. My memory And evaluations are still fine, thank you, lol.

Penguin Nation
February 1st, 2018, 01:08 PM
Ed on cheerleader fansite: "Testimony during the trial/sentencing was where the YSU scholarship stuff originated. YSU contacted the newspaper to deny that a scholarship was offered."

People lie in Court all the time, and perhaps Tyler (his attorneys actually) manufactured this YSU narrative to make it seem like he was a more productive/well behaved kid than he was. But...if it was entered into the Court record...and the Vindy even specified a "full scholarship"....and we know from Ticketgate and the conflicting info provided from YSU re: the rapist, that YSU will tell boldface lies to the media and community...then there may be something to the scholarship/Tyler story. We'll simply never know. YSU recruiting a D2 player? Never...lol

Paladin1aa
February 1st, 2018, 01:23 PM
I agree. The current worthless AD has repeatedly lied and screwed up ( as the community knows). Even though this incident was a false alarm, because YSU has been so dishonest, the public thinks the worst. Firing the AD and some selected athletic dept. staff would go a long ways to getting people back to games and having better community relations. But, that cesspool continues unabated...............

Penguin Nation
February 1st, 2018, 02:58 PM
IMO, the summation of the past year or so is that YSU doesn't care about public perception or concerns. Recruiting a rapist, doubling down on the rapist despite a huge public outcry against it and international media shame, Ticketgate, the Ticketgate cover-up, and even the terrible OOC FB schedule. YSU is so far from the NCAA mainstream in terms of recruiting ethics and even seems proud of it. Schools like Indiana expressly forbid convicted sexual predators in their athletic programs. If I were Tressel, I personally would've investigated it and someone (possibly multiple ppl) would've been fired, and then I would've released a statement about the ethical standards YSU embraces and the zero tolerance of allowing current registered sex offenders on any athletic program. Every female student on campus now has to deal with the fact that a gang rapist was lured to campus by the FB program and its HC. Absolutely unreal....and the University says F you to all of them.

Penguin Nation
April 5th, 2018, 02:10 PM
Recent article about sexual assault policies and student-athletes, of course cites rapist-recruiter YSU. The rapist's attorney is quoted with hyperbolic associations and questions why someone should be ostracized over a gang rape.

http://www.theeagle.com/sports/why-ncaa-sexual-assault-policy-stops-short-of-punishment/article_01bf2858-6ad0-53c3-88a3-60edc3828f6e.html

"What is that a life sentence?" said Cleveland-based attorney Susan Stone, who represented Ma'Lik Richmond, the Youngstown State football player convicted of rape in juvenile court when he was in high school.
Campus backlash prompted Youngstown State to ban Richmond from playing last season. He sued the school, which had no policy like Indiana's. The school settled and lifted the ban.
"There needs to be some thought before you ostracize students," Stone said.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
April 6th, 2018, 09:21 PM
IMO, the summation of the past year or so is that YSU doesn't care about public perception or concerns. Recruiting a rapist, doubling down on the rapist despite a huge public outcry against it and international media shame, Ticketgate, the Ticketgate cover-up, and even the terrible OOC FB schedule. YSU is so far from the NCAA mainstream in terms of recruiting ethics and even seems proud of it. Schools like Indiana expressly forbid convicted sexual predators in their athletic programs. If I were Tressel, I personally would've investigated it and someone (possibly multiple ppl) would've been fired, and then I would've released a statement about the ethical standards YSU embraces and the zero tolerance of allowing current registered sex offenders on any athletic program. Every female student on campus now has to deal with the fact that a gang rapist was lured to campus by the FB program and its HC. Absolutely unreal....and the University says F you to all of them.

Maybe the NCAA should nail the program with a multiple year death penalty similar to what was rumored to be planned against Penn St and what should have happened against not only Penn St. but Baylor as well.

Ronin
April 9th, 2018, 06:37 PM
Personally, I don't see a problem, penguin nation. Seems to be norm and on par for the american football life:

Again, what's the problem? I see nothing but american normalcy w/ respect to illegal malfeasance about a football program. americans love their beloved [football] and the "win @ all cost" attitude that seemingly goes w/ it. Even the farce that the ncaa is proudly displaying w/ the precious apr dealio was 40+ years long overdue. The ONLY thing most americans care about w/ regards to an athletic "student" is "can he block, run, catch, or pass?" xsmhx baylor, smu, youngstown st, florida, florida st, tennessee, uofh, et al.

Don't forget Iowa University...

Penguin Nation
April 10th, 2018, 08:38 AM
Don't forget Iowa University...

Is this what you're referring to? http://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=6012358

I'd make the distinction between recruiting someone with a clean record and then is involved in a sexual assault...versus knowing there's a history of sexual assault and recruiting them anyway (YSU's situation).

MR. CHICKEN
April 11th, 2018, 01:36 PM
Maybe the NCAA should nail the program with a multiple year death penalty similar to what was rumored to be planned against Penn St and what should have happened against not only Penn St. but Baylor as well.

.......PENN STATE WAS PUNISHED......FINED MILLIONS......LOSS UH SKOLLIES......BANNED FROM BOWL PARTICIPATION.......VACATED YEARS O' WINS........ALBEIT......MANY UH PUNISHMENTS....WERE LATER RESCINDED AFTER UH FEW YEARS....xsighx....AWK!

Paladin1aa
April 17th, 2018, 09:02 AM
The "fix" may be in. A hearing will be held on Thursday in Steubenville on a motion to have the YSU rapist removed from the sexual predator reporting list. After being convicted in 2013 in the gang rape and sentenced to some jail time, he was ordered to report his residence every 6 months for 20 years. However in 2014, that was reduced to reporting once a year for 10 years. The hearing Thursday will be to hear arguments to have him dropped from this requirement . Prosecutors are opposed to this. The judge involved is the one who dropped it the first time from twice a year for 20 years to once a year for 10 years. The Judge in Steubenville , home town of the rapist and site of coverup attempts to avoid the original prosecution, may drop this under Ohio law. But the question is -- should he ?

Penguin Nation
April 18th, 2018, 08:37 AM
The "fix" may be in. A hearing will be held on Thursday in Steubenville on a motion to have the YSU rapist removed from the sexual predator reporting list. After being convicted in 2013 in the gang rape and sentenced to some jail time, he was ordered to report his residence every 6 months for 20 years. However in 2014, that was reduced to reporting once a year for 10 years. The hearing Thursday will be to hear arguments to have him dropped from this requirement . Prosecutors are opposed to this. The judge involved is the one who dropped it the first time from twice a year for 20 years to once a year for 10 years. The Judge in Steubenville , home town of the rapist and site of coverup attempts to avoid the original prosecution, may drop this under Ohio law. But the question is -- should he ?

No.

YSU's gross advocacy for this gang rapist normalizes gang rape. All the reporting list does is give the community a heads up that a known and convicted sexual predator is in their midst, and act accordingly. That's it. Why would you deny the community the opportunity to at least be aware that a rapist lurks about?

The case of this gang rapist is notable for 3 things:

1) It's savage nature
2) The extraordinary amount of irrefutable evidence
3) The extremely light punishment the rapists received

Once again the words "YSU" and "rapist" appear together in the news. Scumbag U is either too stupid or too arrogant to realize how to mange public relations.

Cleveland.com offers a nice perspective:

https://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2018/04/17/ysu-football-player-and-steubenville-rapist-malik-richmond-wants-off-sex-offender-registry

Youngstown State University football player and convicted Steubenville rapist, Ma'Lik Richmond has a hearing Thursday where Judge Thomas Lipps will decide whether or not Richmond should be removed from Ohio's sex offender registry. Convicted as a juvenile, Richmond is within his rights now that he's 21 to challenge his sex offender status.

Richmond, then 16, was convicted of publicly raping an intoxicated 16-year-old girl in 2012. Despite video evidence of the assault perpetrated by multiple participants circulating social media, Richmond was only given a one-year minimum sentence for his participation in the assault, serving only about 10 months, and was granted permission to represent Youngstown State University as a football player in 2017.

The highly publicized case was particularly heinous, with former Steubenville baseball player Michael Nodianos joking about the incident in a video posted on YouTube stating "they raped her quicker than Mike Tyson raped that one girl" and "They peed on her. That's how you know she's dead, because someone pissed on her."

While restorative justice is an extremely important part in the healing process for both victims and perpetrators, allowing Richmond to remove his name from the sex offender registry feels like an attempt to wash away any accountability or guilty verdict that he so rightfully deserved. His conviction as a juvenile offered him a stunningly tame sentence, and removing his name from the registry continues to perpetuate a "boys will be boys" mentality that apologizes for rapists while victims spend the rest of their lives recovering from the trauma.

Thanks to the #MeToo movement, we are no longer living in the same world as Steubenville 2012. If the judge declines Richmond's request, perhaps the victim will finally see some form of justice.

Paladin1aa
April 19th, 2018, 05:15 PM
Arguments were made in court today but the judges decision is not expected for several weeks yet. As expected, when news broke on this it was heavily covered by the media. Opposition is heavy.

Paladin1aa
May 11th, 2018, 06:38 PM
As suspected, the “fix” was in on a motion from the YSU rapist. In court today, the judge who previously ruled his sentence of 20 years of reporting as a sexual predator be dropped to 10 years of reporting added a insult to injury by removing any more reporting requirements. There are a lot of people in the Youngstown area outraged tonite. Attendance will drop again.

Penguin Nation
May 12th, 2018, 07:27 AM
As suspected, the “fix” was in on a motion from the YSU rapist. In court today, the judge who previously ruled his sentence of 20 years of reporting as a sexual predator be dropped to 10 years of reporting added a insult to injury by removing any more reporting requirements. There are a lot of people in the Youngstown area outraged tonite. Attendance will drop again.

Throughout the history of this rape case, judges have given this rapist everything he could possibly dream of. An unbelievably light sentence, a TRO against Scumbag U, and now this. Also, the Steubenville school system attempted to cover up his crimes, and Scumbag U takes away a uniform from an honorable kid and gives it to a sexual predator.

I'll say it again. As an alumni whose parents and siblings are also alumni, former donor, former fan who traveled to away games, and who has deep connections to the University....I am disgusted by Scumbag U and will never again support this pro-rapist institution in any way.

Professor Chaos
August 2nd, 2018, 09:08 AM
This should give you your chuckle for the day:

https://twitter.com/IanHest/status/1025011599151702016

Paladin1aa
August 2nd, 2018, 10:21 AM
This is laughable. If you know ANYTHING about OSU, they would NOT touch Bozo with a 10 ft pole. Record isn’t good enough. Has poor record with PR duties, poor temper tantrum record, language that OSU will not tolerate and has a poor h.s. Recruit record. He excels only with transfers and Jucos and that is NOT what OSU wants as a program. The job Also comes with political connections. Other than Bozo playing there, he has no connections to the power structure and is considered embarrassing. WHY ? All the above AND the rapist problem.

Penguin Nation
August 15th, 2018, 10:04 AM
Great publicity for Scumbag U in this recent season preview for WVU (plus a prediction of a blowout):

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/sports/columnists/mitch_vingle/mitch-vingle-predicting-a-special-season-for-wvu/article_6c423c4a-c3a0-5430-b4eb-a8bdd23c60ef.html

Sept. 8, Youngstown State: How can you not love the Penguins, right?

Well, one reason is because they’re led by ex-Nebraska coach Bo Pelini. (Google his decision to put convicted rapist Ma’lik Richmond on the field last season.)

As for the team, Youngstown State finished 6-5 and in seventh place in the Missouri Valley Conference. This season, the Pens are picked to finish fourth. Watch running back Tevin McCaster, a senior from New Castle, Pennsylvania. WVU, 52-21.

Penguin Nation
June 21st, 2019, 11:07 PM
Film being released this summer about the gang rape. Not all rapes get a movie made about them, which underscores the savage nature of this particular one.

https://rollredrollfilm.com/

cx500d
June 22nd, 2019, 08:25 AM
Film being released this summer about the gang rape. Not all rapes get a movie made about them, which underscores the savage nature of this particular one.

https://rollredrollfilm.com/

It’s already released. You can watch it from the link

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bonarae
July 5th, 2019, 05:10 AM
Meanwhile...

Jon Krakauer was denied a records request for one of the players' cases. Was he going too far? Or are the judges too overprotective? xconfusedx

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20190703165333367375308&ref=rec&tm=&src=FCS

POD Knows
July 5th, 2019, 07:40 AM
Meanwhile...

Jon Krakauer was denied a records request for one of the players' cases. Was he going too far? Or are the judges too overprotective? xconfusedx

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20190703165333367375308&ref=rec&tm=&src=FCSThe player in question was acquitted of the charges. Shouldn’t an innocent man be afforded privacy.

Catbooster
July 11th, 2019, 11:30 AM
Meanwhile...

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20190703165333367375308&ref=rec&tm=&src=FCS

But this is unrelated to the YSU mess.

Krakauer may have a point about the transparency of the process, but it's kind of hard to pursue since Johnson was acquitted in court. Kinda feel bad for Johnson - years after being acquitted he's still getting in the news.

Penguin Nation
December 5th, 2019, 05:44 PM
The latest in YSU’s advocacy for sexual predators. A gruesome read:

https://gatehousenews.com/data_stories/ysu-unseals-sexual-assault-record/ (https://gatehousenews.com/data_stories/ysu-unseals-sexual-assault-record/)

As has become typical for other YSU scandals, there’s a cover-up and there’s also promotion of a known and proven sexual predator. Although the story is clear and damning...this is acceptable procedure at YSU...and unlikely there will be consequences to anyone but the victim.

Paladin1aa
December 5th, 2019, 07:47 PM
Tressel just signed an extension on his contract so Strollo’s butt will continue to be safe. Despicable when you consider Strollo HIRED the pervert AFTER the sexual assault, both as a women’s coach and a PAID athletic dept. intern. Anyone else would have been fired. Strollo continues his destruction of YSU.

Penguin Nation
December 8th, 2019, 07:12 PM
YSU's makes national news again...for more sexual predator scandals and another cover-up.

From the Dec 4 edition of USA Today:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2019/12/04/youngstown-state-sexual-assault-incidents-athlete-later-hired/2607074001/ (https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2019/12/04/youngstown-state-sexual-assault-incidents-athlete-later-hired/2607074001/)

The university released the unredacted campus police incident report on Nov. 27, three weeks after the USA TODAY Network published its investigation into the case and four months after it first requested it. YSU withheld the information until lawyers hired by the news organization convinced the school that it was violating Ohio public records laws.

YSU has not responded to repeated requests for interviews with President Jim Tressel, athletics director Ron Strollo and women’s tennis coach Mickael Sopel, who also served as El Mekawi’s coach on the men’s tennis team.

downbythebeach
December 9th, 2019, 12:06 AM
I grew up in the YSU area so I get to hear the local buzz and I am 100% with Penguin Nation. This is making YSU look really ****ty. This is disgusting and doesn't happen everywhere. Apparently they need the bad publicity to keep their students safe.

- - - Updated - - -

I grew up in the YSU area so I get to hear the local buzz and I am 100% with Penguin Nation. This is making YSU look really ****ty. This is disgusting and doesn't happen everywhere. Apparently they need the bad publicity to keep their students safe.