PDA

View Full Version : Win at all costs: Recruiting Rapists

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Penguin Nation
August 16th, 2017, 11:21 PM
IMO, the high water mark in 2016 was beating WVU in Q2....and then QB Davis's concussion changed that game, and the season. Davis played with a concussion and wasn't the same since. Davis also had a knee injury. Had Davis stayed healthy, with the defense we had, the sky was the limit. Trent also lead a scoring drive during the WVU game, and was decent until his season-ending injury vs UNI. Mays was never truly given the opportunity to develop, which was foolish as the dividends for developing him would've paid off for years to come. Mays did perform well, and the announcers during the JMU game wondered aloud why he wasn't getting more snaps as he was performing better than Wells. Wells did improve as the season progressed, but look at his performance during the NDSU game....how could it not improve? He did become slightly more mobile and less fearful of contact, and occasional would brave a short yardage run down a wide open lane, although consistently had negative rushing yards for most of the season...sometimes substantial negative yardage (NDSU, JMU). Wells was 4th on the depth chart at the beginning of the season and that was about right IMO. It appears Bo talked Wells out of transferring to D2 in exchange for a desperate deal and made him the starter for the duration of his career. Much of Wells passing yards are short passes with a ton of yards after catch, as he was gifted Webb and Ruiz. The worst part of the MVFC schedule was already over by he time Wells was made the starter. Also, in the playoff bracket, YSU could not have written a better path to Frisco then what they were given. Any other bracket placement...no natty.

DirtyDukes
August 17th, 2017, 07:35 AM
Did we have a similar thread when Liberty hired Ian McCall? I know they're on their way out, but it's almost even worse. At least this guy only raped one chick, McCall knew about and covered up like 52 sexual assaults.

"Christian Institution" my ass.

clenz
August 17th, 2017, 07:46 AM
Did we have a similar thread when Liberty hired Ian McCall? I know they're on their way out, but it's almost even worse. At least this guy only raped one chick, McCall knew about and covered up like 52 sexual assaults.

"Christian Institution" my ass.
Yes.

Liberty has been torched on that. Especially given the religious moral high ground they take.

Penguin Nation
August 17th, 2017, 12:06 PM
Keep in mind Bo was constantly in the news at Nebraska. Foul mouth, anger tantrums,recruits with checkered pasts, etc. The more the spotlight was on him , the worse he looked.

Ysu has tried to hide him. Yet Bo always finds a way back to the spotlight, lol.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25847&stc=1

Penguin Nation
August 20th, 2017, 09:24 AM
No doubt if it wasn't for the blowback, the gang rapist would be a starter this season.

"Defensively, the Penguins’ defensive ends got to the quarterback twice with Florida transfer Justus Reed getting a sack with the first team and Ma’lik Richmond getting one with the second team. Richmond also worked a series with the first-teamers late in the scrimmage."

http://www.vindy.com/news/2017/aug/20/ysu-offense-sharp/

GreenGlasses
August 20th, 2017, 11:33 AM
The guy make a good point. If hes going to be on the team them play him. You dont bench him from the court of public opinion. His transgression was sometime ago and he paid his debt to society. If you let him in your school he should be allowed to play.

Plus he was pretty spot on when it comes to Tressle and Bo.

Tell me that when its your daughter that is the one that gets raped and the rapist is doing what he is doing now.

Why doesn't Tressel just expel him from Youngstown State, OOOO that's right he has done the same thing going back to his 1st few years at Youngstown, win anyway you can.

Paladin1aa
August 20th, 2017, 07:34 PM
No surprise PN. He was a P5 recruit if not for the rape and may well have had eligibility problems (Juco first), but Bo was salivating to get him to an FCS program, as he has no problem recruiting a rapist .

i wonder if Bo has the gonads to cross Tressel and play him anyway ? lol

UNIFanSince1983
August 21st, 2017, 08:36 AM
Didn't winning at all costs start when Tressel was the head coach?

Not at all strange that now that he is President things haven't changed...

clenz
August 21st, 2017, 08:47 AM

Also pretty interesting that a fairly decent number of their fans are willing to look passed this if it means winning - just as they did back then

Penguin Nation
August 21st, 2017, 08:49 AM
YSU continues to disgrace itself on the national stage. From the Houston Chronicle:

"If you're a great athlete who can help a team win games, your behavior off the field doesn't matter. That's the message Youngstown State projected this week when it allowed Ma'Lik Richmond to join its football team."

"These two young men have no place on a football team."

"To recap on Richmond and Mays, the two were arrested after sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl for hours in the basement of a home in Steubenville, Ohio, when they were both players on their high school football team.They repeatedly assaulted the girl, who was incapacitated by alcohol. They documented the rape in text messages, photos and videos and posted it on social media."

"Second chances don't have to mean athletic participation, scholarships and the advantages that come along with being a college athlete.

Being one of the very few athletes who have the chance to play at the collegiate level is a privilege and should be treated as such.

Standards of a person's character should count as well as his or her athletic ability.
It's a shame that the woman who was abused by these men has to watch as they move on while her life was forever altered by their actions that night in 2012.
It's sickening that people like Pelini can't think of her and other victims like her before deciding to put men like this on their football teams.
Richmond was 16. He was old enough to know that raping a girl, photographing her naked body, assaulting her and effectively bragging about it on social media was wrong."

"Youngstown State has about 6,000 female students. By allowing Richmond to play for its football team, the university has effectively told those women on campus that winning games is more important than they are."

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/columnists/dialcreech/article/Youngstown-State-s-football-program-sends-the-11814580.php

Bisonoline
August 21st, 2017, 08:54 AM
Tell me that when its your daughter that is the one that gets raped and the rapist is doing what he is doing now.

Why doesn't Tressel just expel him from Youngstown State, OOOO that's right he has done the same thing going back to his 1st few years at Youngstown, win anyway you can.

Really. Thats your arguement?

Soooo it ok for the kid to go to school but not play football or any other sport? You going to throw a fit if hes in intramurals? Kick him out of the chess club?

Im in no way condoning what the kid did. But when is enough enough?

Penguin Nation
August 21st, 2017, 08:55 AM

I believe there is way more to the story than what's been presented to the media. I'm certain of it because the stories presented to the media have been conflicting and incompatible with each other. It is truly hard to believe one of the storylines that the rapist just happened to enroll at YSU, and Pelini just happened to hear of him.

IDK Tressel's involvement in this, until his public statements supporting the rapist. Tressel recruited Pelini, refused to fixed this, so he definitely shares the blame...I just don't know how deep it goes.

Penguin Nation
August 21st, 2017, 08:58 AM
No surprise PN. He was a P5 recruit if not for the rape and may well have had eligibility problems (Juco first), but Bo was salivating to get him to an FCS program, as he has no problem recruiting a rapist .

i wonder if Bo has the gonads to cross Tressel and play him anyway ? lol

If injuries leave YSU thin at DE....the rapist will be played this season. Of course, afterward, you'll hear how "humble" he is and how he's gone X amount of time without gang raping anyone.

clenz
August 21st, 2017, 09:06 AM
I believe there is way more to the story than what's been presented to the media. I'm certain of it because the stories presented to the media have been conflicting and incompatible with each other. It is truly hard to believe one of the storylines that the rapist just happened to enroll at YSU, and Pelini just happened to hear of him.

IDK Tressel's involvement in this, until his public statements supporting the rapist. Tressel recruited Pelini, refused to fixed this, so he definitely shares the blame...I just don't know how deep it goes.

Which is why I was asking how there was no CK fact before January. It doesn't add up. This kid randomly transferring in, sitting out exactly the amount of time needed and the. Just randomly walking into the football office and asking to join the team doesn't add up.

He was recruited. Maybe it through official methods of recruiting but there was 100% back end recruiting on this. Bo, and Jim, both knew of him before Jan. They both knew he was on campus. They thought by just slipping him in during winter workouts would get it past people. There were likely promises made to him.

Now that it didn't just slide past anyone they can't back track on inviting him to the team.

They created this mess. That last article nailed it. Second chances are one thing. Getting to get a scholarship and be a member of the football team to represent the university is another.

Lorne_Malvo
August 21st, 2017, 01:53 PM
Sorry YSU, but rapists, murderers and pedos don't get a second chance in my world.

walliver
August 21st, 2017, 04:19 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/21/ohio-judge-wounded-in-courthouse-shooting-suspect-killed.html

They are not releasing the suspects name yet, so it may or may not be this dude's father.

Catbooster
August 21st, 2017, 04:38 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/21/ohio-judge-wounded-in-courthouse-shooting-suspect-killed.html

They are not releasing the suspects name yet, so it may or may not be this dude's father.
They must have updated the story since you posted this. He is identified as the dude's father and they talk about him playing for YSU.

SDSUAlum08
August 21st, 2017, 04:39 PM
This entire story got more complex and interesting. What the hell is going on?

clenz
August 21st, 2017, 04:40 PM
The son is not guilty of the sins of his father.

However, not hard to see the apple stayed close to the tree

Laker
August 21st, 2017, 04:52 PM
Father of Steubenville football player convicted of rape shoots judge outside courtroom

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/20408219

BisonFan02
August 21st, 2017, 05:06 PM
Just in time. Now the father can be a booster. :D

Too soon?

Lehigh Football Nation
August 21st, 2017, 05:09 PM
It was the player's father, and he died in the shootout.

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/20408219/nathaniel-richmond-father-steubenville-high-school-football-player-convicted-rape-shoots-judge-killed-probation-officer

Schism55
August 21st, 2017, 05:20 PM
Nice family they got there >.>

citdog
August 21st, 2017, 05:24 PM
The Son should not have to pay for the sins of the Father but this should be the straw that breaks the Penguins back...

kdinva
August 21st, 2017, 06:16 PM

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/20408219/nathaniel-richmond-father-steubenville-high-school-football-player-convicted-rape-shoots-judge-killed-probation-officer

an ugly story just got 5x worse.....sad the dad would not acknowledge his son's bad behaviour and choices.....it's "never his fault" in some eyes....

kdinva
August 21st, 2017, 06:19 PM
The Son should not have to pay for the sins of the Father but this should be the straw that breaks the Penguins back...

no way the son plays anywhere, now.....IMO

BisonTru
August 21st, 2017, 06:32 PM

The timing is odd on this one. His son did his time. Was getting a shot with YSU (regardless whether you agree with it or not). I just don't understand the motivation being that strong even if the dad truly felt slighted by the judge. It was essentially over it seemed.

GreenGlasses
August 21st, 2017, 06:47 PM

When Tressel was finally caught up in tattoogate at Ohio State it was learned that he and a few boosters had paid player going back to at least 1991 at Youngstown State.

Hammersmith
August 21st, 2017, 07:12 PM
The timing is odd on this one. His son did his time. Was getting a shot with YSU (regardless whether you agree with it or not). I just don't understand the motivation being that strong even if the dad truly felt slighted by the judge. It was essentially over it seemed.

Had nothing to do with the son's case. That trial was handled by a different judge and was 4-5 years ago. This was about a current case.

Records show Bruzzese(the judge that was shot) was overseeing a wrongful death lawsuit that Nate Richmond(the gunman/father) filed in April against the Jefferson County Metropolitan Housing Authority. A hearing on a motion by the housing authority to dismiss punitive damages claims was set for Aug. 28.

citdog
August 21st, 2017, 07:16 PM
When Tressel was finally caught up in tattoogate at Ohio State it was learned that he and a few boosters had paid player going back to at least 1991 at Youngstown State.

Cheaters gonna cheat...

Lorne_Malvo
August 21st, 2017, 07:35 PM
Rumor has it: "The judge was presiding over a wrongful death suit brought by the shooter against the housing authority, when one of their officers shot and killed his wife."

Paladin1aa
August 21st, 2017, 07:35 PM
It's the Wild West in eastern Ohio, lol. Gun fighters beware.....

Penguin Nation
August 21st, 2017, 07:57 PM
This story was starting to fade away, and now has gone viral again nationally, and every story regarding this ambush and gun battle mentions YSU and it's internationally infamous rapist. The thing about YSU is....well...they're stupid. They self-sabotage with the best of them. This blunder makes Ticketgate seem trivial. YSU pushed over the first domino, and the rest are falling, and will continue to fall until YSU takes decisive action to fix this...but again....they're stupid...so they wont. If I were a parent trying to decide if I want to send my sweet Tiffany to Akron, Kent or YSU.....this would be given significant weight in my decision.

IDK, but the rapist's father may have been inflamed by the massive negative response his rapist son received after joining the YSU FB team, and blamed the judge. The judge who heard the rape case was a visiting judge from Cincy, so maybe he instead shot the judge hearing his current case? Not enough information available to know.

I don't think this affect's the rapists standing on the YSU FB team, and I wonder if it'll even get him sympathy.

Paladin1aa
August 21st, 2017, 08:08 PM
Dead silence on the YSU board. About this whole issue. Obviously, they want to play him. What a bunch !

BisonTru
August 21st, 2017, 08:11 PM
Had nothing to do with the son's case. That trial was handled by a different judge and was 4-5 years ago. This was about a current case.

Thanks, that makes more sense.

Penguin Nation
August 21st, 2017, 09:42 PM
Dead silence on the YSU board. About this whole issue. Obviously, they want to play him. What a bunch !

There's a visiting poster there rattling their cage. xthumbsupx

Lorne_Malvo
August 21st, 2017, 09:58 PM
There's a visiting poster there rattling their cage. xthumbsupx Link?

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
August 21st, 2017, 10:13 PM
It is my understanding there is an effort underway to get the NCAA to ban such people from competing. If I was the NCAA, I would give Youngstown State a choice: remove Richmond from the team or see your football team get hit with the death penalty effective immediately.

dgtw
August 21st, 2017, 10:16 PM
What was the wrongful death case about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammersmith
August 21st, 2017, 10:33 PM
What was the wrongful death case about?

http://www.heraldstaronline.com/news/local-news/2017/04/wrongful-death-suit-filed-against-jmha/
http://www.yourohiovalley.com/story/28904381/developing-crews-responding-to-fire-in-steubenville

I'm going to guess at some of the familial relations.

It sounds like Richmond's mother and nephew(?) died as the result of a house fire back in 2015. The house was a public-owned rental property, so the estates of the two victims are suing the local housing authority(which managed the property) for knowing the house was a fire risk and not doing anything(mostly wiring issues). Since Richmond was a plaintiff in the case, I'm assuming he was the son of the woman(age 70) and the executor of her estate. The other fatality was a 2 year old boy that's listed as the grandchild of the woman. However the boy's father is named in the article and is not Richmond, so I think it must have been his nephew. But those are guesses based on what we know right now.

Lorne_Malvo
August 21st, 2017, 10:41 PM
Yikes... The kids Dad was a real piece of work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7KFSjFbNKE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDcPRNVrag0

Penguin Nation
August 22nd, 2017, 08:08 AM
Link?

http://ysupenguins.com/forum/index.php/topic,15309.195.html

Penguin Nation
August 22nd, 2017, 08:18 AM
http://www.theindianalawyer.com/articles/44508-ncaa-adopts-sexual-violence-policy-emphasizing-education

"NCAA member schools will be required to provide yearly sexual violence education for all college athletes, coaches and athletics administrators under a policy announced Thursday by the Indianapolis-based organization’s board of governors. Campus leaders such as athletic directors, school presidents and Title IX coordinators will be required to attest that athletes, coaches and administrators have been educated on sexual violence."

"The announcement from the NCAA came just one day after Youngstown State University decided a football player who served jail time for a rape committed while he was in high school will not be allowed to play in games this season. Ma'Lik Richmond, who served about 10 months in a juvenile lockup after being convicted with another Steubenville High School football player of raping a 16-year-old girl in 2012, walked on at Youngstown State earlier this year. He will be allowed to practice and participate in other team activities. Tracy has promoted a petition urging Youngstown State to not allow Richmond to play."

Silver lining: YSU's pro-gang-rapist recruiting policies may have helped move the needle nationally.

Paladin1aa
August 22nd, 2017, 09:06 AM
It's embarrassing how tone deaf many at YSU are. Win at all costs. The NCAA makes a good move.

Penguin Nation
August 22nd, 2017, 09:17 AM
http://www.heraldstaronline.com/news/local-news/2017/04/wrongful-death-suit-filed-against-jmha/
http://www.yourohiovalley.com/story/28904381/developing-crews-responding-to-fire-in-steubenville

I'm going to guess at some of the familial relations.

It sounds like Richmond's mother and nephew(?) died as the result of a house fire back in 2015. The house was a public-owned rental property, so the estates of the two victims are suing the local housing authority(which managed the property) for knowing the house was a fire risk and not doing anything(mostly wiring issues). Since Richmond was a plaintiff in the case, I'm assuming he was the son of the woman(age 70) and the executor of her estate. The other fatality was a 2 year old boy that's listed as the grandchild of the woman. However the boy's father is named in the article and is not Richmond, so I think it must have been his nephew. But those are guesses based on what we know right now.

Strong work in gathering the info. The Today show this morning did a segment on this, basically plagiarizing your post.

Penguin Nation
August 22nd, 2017, 09:20 AM
It's embarrassing how tone deaf many at YSU are. Win at all costs. The NCAA makes a good move.

Paladin, I'm not joking when I say this, but I think there are administrators at YSU that hate YSU. I find that easier to believe then to accept that they are this profoundly stupid and incompetent.

DirtyDukes
August 22nd, 2017, 09:21 AM
Man that penguin board is insane. It was like this last year when the mod locked any thread where anyone suggested YSU bungled their ticket situation for the National Championship.

Penguin Nation
August 22nd, 2017, 09:43 AM
Man that penguin board is insane. It was like this last year when the mod locked any thread where anyone suggested YSU bungled their ticket situation for the National Championship.

It's a robotic cheerleader forum. I was banned for speaking out on the inept AD, Ticketgate, the incompetent former MBB HC, and a few other things. Before I was banned, my posts were modified by the admin, and sometimes deleted altogether. Total censorship. I spoke about those things because I care(d) about the University. The first step to recovery is to acknowledge the problem. YSU needs and deserves a legit fan forum.

Serpentor
August 22nd, 2017, 09:46 AM
But if you punish rapists, their fathers might shoot you. (https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/e1dd8552-3a79-3a41-9271-6eab8164ceb6/man-who-shot-judge-was-father.html)

Penguin Nation
August 22nd, 2017, 09:57 AM
But if you punish rapists, their fathers might shoot you. (https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/e1dd8552-3a79-3a41-9271-6eab8164ceb6/man-who-shot-judge-was-father.html)

That's fair, since the victim's fathers might shoot the rapist.

One of the rapists told the victim's father the morning following the night of the repeated raping that they were "looking out for her" all night since she was intoxicated. These rapists are seriously lucky that they're still in one piece.

Paladin1aa
August 22nd, 2017, 10:10 AM
I hear you, Penguin Nation. I was on that board for a long time, called it like I saw it and was RIGHT most of the time. But the owner of that board is a butt kisser for the athletic dept. and will not allow the truth to be spoken. Everything must be great - players, coaches, administrators, etc. can't do any wrong. To point out that isn't factually true, back it up with results and gain support for your position is to risk being banned. Many are intimidated there and kept in line. Hence it is a cheerleader board and NOT A fan forum. So, I was banned.

This current problem is the last straw. Bo sought out a rapist. Tried to sneak him into the program. Got caught. Had students and alumni at YSU sign by the thousands against this and was forced to back down by Tressel who saw the harm it would do to YSU finances and threats of boycotts against YSU business boosters . Yet the lowlifes on that

board brush this by, would love to have Richmond play this year and care not a sh it about consequences.

Even the local news media get it. People are really outraged here. Yet, you have the YSU board...............

Serpentor
August 22nd, 2017, 10:32 AM
I hear you, Penguin Nation. I was on that board for a long time, called it like I saw it and was RIGHT most of the time. But the owner of that board is a butt kisser for the athletic dept. and will not allow the truth to be spoken. Everything must be great - players, coaches, administrators, etc. can't do any wrong. To point out that isn't factually true, back it up with results and gain support for your position is to risk being banned. Many are intimidated there and kept in line. Hence it is a cheerleader board and NOT A fan forum. So, I was banned.

But isn't that the same for any fan website? Post something that challenges the narrative and you will be "othered" so fast your head will spin.

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 22nd, 2017, 10:38 AM
http://www.theindianalawyer.com/articles/44508-ncaa-adopts-sexual-violence-policy-emphasizing-education

"NCAA member schools will be required to provide yearly sexual violence education for all college athletes, coaches and athletics administrators under a policy announced Thursday by the Indianapolis-based organization’s board of governors. Campus leaders such as athletic directors, school presidents and Title IX coordinators will be required to attest that athletes, coaches and administrators have been educated on sexual violence."

"The announcement from the NCAA came just one day after Youngstown State University decided a football player who served jail time for a rape committed while he was in high school will not be allowed to play in games this season. Ma'Lik Richmond, who served about 10 months in a juvenile lockup after being convicted with another Steubenville High School football player of raping a 16-year-old girl in 2012, walked on at Youngstown State earlier this year. He will be allowed to practice and participate in other team activities. Tracy has promoted a petition urging Youngstown State to not allow Richmond to play."

Silver lining: YSU's pro-gang-rapist recruiting policies may have helped move the needle nationally.

On the one hand we say that rapists are just people who haven't learned to "respect women" or who don't "understand consent". They're a product of "rape culture".

But on the other hand, you want to basically bar a guy who could possibly have a future in professional from playing any college ball (if you don't want him playing for your team, you don't want him playing at all). For something he did when he was not legally an adult.

Of course, that kind of doublethink happens when you have an issue like rape where the conversations are 80% emotional and 20% cerebral.

Penguin Nation
August 22nd, 2017, 10:39 AM

This current problem is the last straw. Bo sought out a rapist. Tried to sneak him into the program. Got caught. Had students and alumni at YSU sign by the thousands against this and was forced to back down by Tressel who saw the harm it would do to YSU finances and threats of boycotts against YSU business boosters . Yet the lowlifes on that

board brush this by, would love to have Richmond play this year and care not a sh it about consequences.

Even the local news media get it. People are really outraged here. Yet, you have the YSU board...............

Every FB player gets their own webpage on ysusports.com, and the better ones get media mentions, listed on depth charts, mentions on forums....so how the f--- did Bo possibly think he could sneak a world famous gang rapist onto the team? Everybody, even those who don't follow FB, heard about this guy. IMO, Bo doesn't care about player ethics, and is too ignorant to anticipate the tsunami this would create.

Penguin Nation
August 22nd, 2017, 10:43 AM
On the one hand we say that rapists are just people who haven't learned to "respect women" or who don't "understand consent". They're a product of "rape culture".

But on the other hand, you want to basically bar a guy who could possibly have a future in professional from playing any college ball (if you don't want him playing for your team, you don't want him playing at all). For something he did when he was not legally an adult.

Of course, that kind of doublethink happens when you have an issue like rape where the conversations are 80% emotional and 20% cerebral.

This point has been addressed earlier so I'm not going to go in detail, but its simple: if you want to not face the social consequences of rape....then don't rape. Actions have consequences.

ST_Lawson
August 22nd, 2017, 11:03 AM
But isn't that the same for any fan website? Post something that challenges the narrative and you will be "othered" so fast your head will spin.

I can honestly say that in my time as the admin of Leatherneck Nation, I have never deleted or edited a post of another member outside of the following: broken links, actual spam, duplicate posts, or when asked to do so by the member themselves.

And we have been critical of how things have been handled in the past: the firing/forced retirement of Coach Patterson, the handling of the situation with Coach Nielson leaving for USD, the crappy play of the defensive backs last season, our baseball team (they just flat-out suck), etc.
None of these are as "heavy" as the situation that YSU is going through, but no, it is not the same for any fan website.

Paladin1aa
August 22nd, 2017, 11:21 AM
I'll answer your question, PN. Bo thought he could get away with it by.... 1) letting him walk on, 2) win a starting position where 3) he would stand out in games as a star and pro prospect immediately and 4) win over fans with his play. After all, he paid his "debt" to society. Feel good story.

if he could just sneak him into a game..................

Bo ? Ethics ? lol

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 22nd, 2017, 11:27 AM
This point has been addressed earlier so I'm not going to go in detail, but its simple: if you want to not face the social consequences of rape....then don't rape. Actions have consequences.

Those two contentions are not logically or morally compatible, and there's no getting around that.

Penguin Nation
August 22nd, 2017, 11:47 AM
Those two contentions are not logically or morally compatible, and there's no getting around that.

Instead of typing gibberish, would you explain your point?

You are saying there are not social consequences to actions?

dewey
August 22nd, 2017, 02:29 PM
Bison 1660 am talked with the Youngstown State beat writer(? I missed the name) about Malik Richmond at about the 30:00 mark from August 22nd podcast.

https://www.bison1660.com/the-insiders

Dewey

cx500d
August 22nd, 2017, 06:00 PM

I think the rapist is 21? What's he been doing since high school?

BisonTru
August 22nd, 2017, 06:02 PM
I think the rapist is 21? What's he been doing since high school?

Cosby's chauffeur?

citdog
August 22nd, 2017, 06:04 PM
Cosby's chauffeur?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4Ma5KTyFwTg/VZVMoUnctmI/AAAAAAAAnWo/WL6hBdCtRlo/s1600/can%2Byou%2Btell%2Bme%2Bif%2Bthis%2Bcoke.jpg

GodHelpTheBears
August 22nd, 2017, 06:12 PM
Cosby's chauffeur?

Norm MacDonald had a great quote concerning the Cosby thing.

He said he was talking to a friend who said "the worst part about the Cosby thing was the hypocrisy". Norm disagreed - he said he thinks the worst part was all the raping.

Penguin Nation
August 24th, 2017, 08:59 AM
The sordid saga is still in the international media. According to friends, "Snake" mistakenly thought his case was dismissed, and was upset about his gang-rapist son not playing FB in 2017:

"But Abdalla told DailyMail.com Richmond misunderstood what he had been told by the court and thought the judge had dismissed his case.
'After speaking with some of Nathaniel's relatives we've learned that he mistakenly thought that a motion filed last Friday, August 18th to dismiss a lawsuit he filed against the Jefferson Metropolitan Housing Authority was actually dismissal,' the sheriff said.
'Nathaniel thought his cased was dismissed by Judge Bruzzese, instead it was motion set to dismiss the lawsuit and there was an August 28th hearing date set.'"

"But it was his then teenage son's rape conviction which appeared to have obsessed Richmond."

"He had enrolled last year at Youngstown State University and was a walk-on for the team in January.
The defensive tackle had been due to make his Division 1 college football debut this month, until another YSU student asked for him to be removed from the team.
Youngstown State announced on August 10 that Ma'Lik would not be playing football this season but would remain part of the football program and participate in practice.
Another friend, William 'Thuggy' Robinson told DailyMail.com, 'Snake was under a lot of pressure and I guess he just snapped, his son, Ma' lik got the news he couldn't play college football this season."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4816854/Steubenville-rapist-dad-shot-judge-night-drinking.html

walliver
August 24th, 2017, 09:02 AM
The sordid saga is still in the international media. According to friends, "Snake" mistakenly thought his case was dismissed, and was upset about his gang-rapist son not playing FB in 2017:

"But Abdalla told DailyMail.com Richmond misunderstood what he had been told by the court and thought the judge had dismissed his case.
'After speaking with some of Nathaniel's relatives we've learned that he mistakenly thought that a motion filed last Friday, August 18th to dismiss a lawsuit he filed against the Jefferson Metropolitan Housing Authority was actually dismissal,' the sheriff said.
'Nathaniel thought his cased was dismissed by Judge Bruzzese, instead it was motion set to dismiss the lawsuit and there was an August 28th hearing date set.'"

"But it was his then teenage son's rape conviction which appeared to have obsessed Richmond."

"He had enrolled last year at Youngstown State University and was a walk-on for the team in January.
The defensive tackle had been due to make his Division 1 college football debut this month, until another YSU student asked for him to be removed from the team.
Youngstown State announced on August 10 that Ma'Lik would not be playing football this season but would remain part of the football program and participate in practice.
Another friend, William 'Thuggy' Robinson told DailyMail.com, 'Snake was under a lot of pressure and I guess he just snapped, his son, Ma' lik got the news he couldn't play college football this season."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4816854/Steubenville-rapist-dad-shot-judge-night-drinking.html

I never trust anyone named "Snake" with a friend named "Thuggy".

Bisonoline
August 24th, 2017, 09:54 AM

Seem like a nice family group dont you think? xthumbsupx

Paladin1aa
August 24th, 2017, 10:10 AM
Bo knows how to pick them.

Penguin Nation
August 24th, 2017, 11:16 AM

If your friends call you "Thuggy", it might be time to reevaluate your life choices. :)

citdog
August 24th, 2017, 11:35 AM
Bo knows rapists.

Penguin Nation
August 25th, 2017, 08:50 AM
Ex-con Maurice Clarett has offered his 0.02:

"Having someone block him from playing football doesn't necessarily do anything, you know what I mean? I don't necessarily agree with it, but people have their own opinions on it. I would like for the kid to get a second chance. You know, if I didn't get a second chance I wouldn't be where I am," said Clarett.

http://www.wfmj.com/story/36212844/maurice-clarett-weighs-in-on-ysu-richmond-controversy

clenz
August 25th, 2017, 09:20 AM
Ex-con Maurice Clarett has offered his 0.02:

"Having someone block him from playing football doesn't necessarily do anything, you know what I mean? I don't necessarily agree with it, but people have their own opinions on it. I would like for the kid to get a second chance. You know, if I didn't get a second chance I wouldn't be where I am," said Clarett.

http://www.wfmj.com/story/36212844/maurice-clarett-weighs-in-on-ysu-richmond-controversy
Where he is? Second chances? Clarrett is the epitome of getting too many chances just because you're talented

-Repeatedly screaming at coaches while at OSU
-Publicly slammed OSU for not flying him home for a funeral of a friend - which OSU couldn't do
-Academic scandal as it was found he hadn't attended a single class during his first year on campus
-Suspended for the 2003 season after filing a false police report that over $10,000 in items were taken. That investigation led to finding out he had gotten nearly $30,000 in improper benifits and repeated lied to investigators
-Dismissed from OSU
-2005 failed drug and alcohol tests
-By late 2005 was over a million in debt from legal fees
-Early 2006 he was arrested on two counts of armed robbery and indicted on two counts of aggravated robbery with a gun and 5 other criminal counts.
-August 2006 he was arrested after an attempted stop for an illegal u-turn turned into a police chace. Upon termination of the pursuit Clarrett was found to have a katana, a zanbato, loaded AK-47 and multiple loaded handgusn in the vehicle, and open containers of vodka. He repeated spit at officers and called them "******s" per the police report. He was also wearing a kevlar vest. He spent nearly 4 years in prison
-He was invited back to OSU to be reconized as part of the title winning team. Featured on ESPNs "Youngstown Boys" 30 for 30. He vowed he would never have any legal issues again
-2016 arrested for drunk driving

Yep....second chances, third chances, 4th chances, 5h chances, etc. really got his life turned around

Penguin Nation
August 25th, 2017, 09:32 AM
Where he is? Second chances? Clarrett is the epitome of getting too many chances just because you're talented

-Publicly slammed OSU for not flying him home for a funeral of a friend - which OSU couldn't do
-Academic scandal as it was found he hadn't attended a single class during his first year on campus
-Suspended for the 2003 season after filing a false police report that over $10,000 in items were taken. That investigation led to finding out he had gotten nearly $30,000 in improper benifits and repeated lied to investigators
-Dismissed from OSU
-Early 2006 he was arrested on two counts of armed robbery and indicted on two counts of aggravated robbery with a gun and 5 other criminal counts.
-August 2006 he was arrested after an attempted stop for an illegal u-turn turned into a police chace. Upon termination of the pursuit Clarrett was found to have a katana, a zanbato, loaded AK-47 and multiple loaded handgusn in the vehicle, and open containers of vodka. He repeated spit at officers and called them "******s" per the police report. He was also wearing a kevlar vest. He spent nearly 4 years in prison
-He was invited back to OSU to be reconized as part of the title winning team. Featured on ESPNs "Youngstown Boys" 30 for 30. He vowed he would never have any legal issues again

Yep....second chances, third chances, 4th chances, 5h chances, etc. really got his life turned around

I posted the Clarett quote for that reason. It was amusing, but also you are who you are. As you say, Clarett was given multiple "second chances", especially by the Denver Broncos...and he continued to be Maurice Clarett, doing Maurice Clarett things. Giving a gang-rapist the spotlight and prestige of D1 FB doesn't make him any less of a rapist.

Paladin1aa
September 13th, 2017, 09:24 PM
Well, the ***** hit the fan -- Richmond the rapist is Suing YSU to play and seeks an injunction that will let him get into the CCSU game this weekend. If the info I the suit is correct, Bo has MAJOR dirty hands. A scumbag. Recruited him, drove to Steubenville after he left the team following the uproar to get him to come back, and he is an NFL draft choice in playing ability. Hence Bo's pursuit to get him as the P5 schools passed on him as a recruit. This will tear the community apart.

ValleyTalk
September 13th, 2017, 09:33 PM
The Internet connection in Bazetta is strong tonight. Those juices are flowing xcoffeex

Lorne_Malvo
September 13th, 2017, 09:58 PM
In addition to the restraining order against the university, the suit seeks unspecified monetary damages and attorney fees.

citdog
September 13th, 2017, 10:10 PM
It's time for Pelini and Tressel to go. This is a Baylor like story waiting to happen.

Schism55
September 13th, 2017, 10:49 PM
Well this certainly has epic implosion potential.

penguinpower
September 14th, 2017, 01:55 AM
Not really. It is out in the open for all the critics

Milktruck74
September 14th, 2017, 06:08 AM

-Dismissed from OSU

All Misunderstandings...by racist!!!!! I'm sure. Maurice is a good boy, just ask his granny!!!!

dewey
September 14th, 2017, 06:54 AM
Well, the ***** hit the fan -- Richmond the rapist is Suing YSU to play and seeks an injunction that will let him get into the CCSU game this weekend. If the info I the suit is correct, Bo has MAJOR dirty hands. A scumbag. Recruited him, drove to Steubenville after he left the team following the uproar to get him to come back, and he is an NFL draft choice in playing ability. Hence Bo's pursuit to get him as the P5 schools passed on him as a recruit. This will tear the community apart.

Do you have a link to the story?

Dewey

clenz
September 14th, 2017, 07:43 AM
http://wkbn.com/2017/09/13/football-player-convicted-in-steubenville-sex-assault-sues-ysu-to-play/

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – A Youngstown State football player who is not allowed to play this season is suing the university.
Ma’lik Richmond filed a suit in U.S. District Court in Youngstown, seeking to be reinstated to the team.
In the lawsuit, Richmond claims his civil rights are being violated by the university. He argues that since he is a student at the school and made the football team, he should be allowed to play.
READ: Ma’lik Richmond’s lawsuit against YSU (https://lintvwkbn.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/richmond-filing.pdf)
In August, YSU announced that Richmond would continue to be part of the team but would not be allowed to compete in games (http://wkbn.com/2017/08/09/convicted-rapist-not-permitted-to-play-football-games-at-ysu/).
A student petition (http://wkbn.com/2017/08/05/ysu-student-starts-petition-to-remove-convicted-rapist-from-football-team/) sought to remove Richmond from the team based on his sexual assault conviction while he was a high school student in Steubenville.
The lawsuit states that Richmond was assured by Coach Bo Pelini and YSU President Jim Tressel that despite his misconduct as a teen, he would be allowed to play on the team.
Richmond is seeking an injunction to allow him to be eligible to play this Saturday against Central Connecticut State.
A hearing will be held before Judge Benita Pearson Thursday afternoon.
WKBN 27 First News reached out to Youngstown State University but they have not yet responded to our request for comment.

clenz
September 14th, 2017, 07:44 AM
So....If he's suing then there is most definitly MUCH more to this story on the backside. Including potential recruiting violations from Bo and Jimmy Cheatervest

clenz
September 14th, 2017, 08:04 AM
From the suit - if correct very damming on YSU

B. Plaintiff’s Interactions with Defendant
10. Ma’lik Richmond was a high school football star while a student at SteubenvilleHigh School. He was named Eastern District Player of the Year and was selected to the All-OhioDivision IV First-Team as a linebacker. As a high school freshman, he had drawn interest frommajor college football programs including Ohio State University and the University ofPittsburgh. He thus had enough talent to play college football at a high level and, with continueddevelopment, had a realistic possibility of eventually playing professional football.

11. At age 16, Ma’lik was involved in a highly publicized case in which a female peerof similar age, incapacitated by alcohol, was sexually assaulted by a number of football players,including Ma’lik. He was tried as a juvenile, adjudicated “delinquent beyond reasonable doubt”(the juvenile equivalent of a guilty verdict) and sentenced to one year of juvenile detention. Hewas released from detention on January 5, 2014 after serving his one-year sentence. Ma’lik wasgenuinely remorseful and apologetic for what he did, took responsibility for it, and emerged fromhis detention a chastened and fully rehabilitated young man.Case: 4:17-cv-01927-BYP Doc #: 1 Filed: 09/13/17 3 of 29. PageID #: 34

12. Following his release, Ma’lik returned to high school and graduated. He thenattended Potomac State College of West Virginia University and California University ofPennsylvania. Ma’lik completed his time at both schools without incident. He thereaftertransferred to YSU in the fall of 2016 as a sophomore.

13. Ma’lik hoped he would have the opportunity to play football at YSU. In August2016, his legal guardians, Greg and Jennifer Agresta, initiated contact with persons they knew atYSU in order to determine whether Ma’lik might be permitted to play. Greg also attended anevent at which YSU president Jim Tressel was a speaker. He introduced himself to PresidentTressel, gave him a business card, and indicated that they had a mutual acquaintance: Malik’shigh school coach, Reno Saccoccia.

14. Thereafter, Coach Saccoccia initiated a call to President Tressel on Ma’lik’sbehalf. President Tressel said he was fine with Ma’lik playing football for YSU, but wanted thedecision to be made by YSU head football coach Bo Pellini. Greg drove to YSU to meet withCoach Pellini, who indicated that he wanted to meet Ma’lik. Thereafter, Coach Pellini was fullysupportive of Ma’lik and of his wish to play for the YSU Penguins.15. Ma’lik and his guardians were very enthused about Ma’lik’s opportunity to attendand play for YSU for two reasons. First, YSU was close to home. Second, and more important,they saw YSU as a place where the coach and administrators understood the importance ofsecond chances.

15. Ma’lik and his guardians were very enthused about Ma’lik’s opportunity to attendand play for YSU for two reasons. First, YSU was close to home. Second, and more important,they saw YSU as a place where the coach and administrators understood the importance ofsecond chances

16. In August 2016, Ma’lik and his guardians met with Coach Pellini in his office. Hetold them that he would stand by Ma’lik “no matter what,” felt that Ma’lik had served his timefor his mistake in high school, and wanted Ma’lik to be on the team. He offered Ma’lik thechoice of joining the team immediately as a walk-on, i.e., a non-recruited, non-scholarshipCase: 4:17-cv-01927-BYP Doc #: 1 Filed: 09/13/17 4 of 29. PageID #: 45player, or waiting until the beginning of the 2017 season to walk on. Coach Pellini noted,however, that it was somewhat late to be starting with the team immediately, and that Ma’likwould benefit from a delay by having time to learn the playbook, work out, and get acclimated tohis new school. Moreover, Coach Pellini offered to (and did) assign assistant coach RolandSmith to work with Ma’lik in preparation for the 2017 season. Thus, Ma’lik agreed to delay hisplay until the following season.

17. In January 2017, Ma’lik sought a place on the YSU football team as a walk-on.He made the team, practiced with the team as a backup, excelled in the annual Spring FootballGame, and was assigned some plays with the first-team players. Coach Pellini told Ma’lik that hewould play a lot during the season and would be a big help to the team. Ma’lik also was acceptedand well-liked by his teammates.

18. On August 4, 2017, the Youngstown Vindicator ran a story in which it disclosedMa’lik’s background and reported that Ma’lik had made the team. The newspaper interviewedCoach Pellini, who explained that it was his own carefully considered decision to add Ma’lik tothe football team. The article stated, in part,

Pelini said he did his own investigation of Richmond’s past and the decision tobring him on was his alone. He got a tip from someone in Steubenville thatRichmond was on YSU’s campus as a student during the 2016 season. He calledRichmond’s high school coach, Reno Saccoccia, to confirm it.“[Saccoccia] told me he was [at YSU], but that Ma’lik wasn’t looking to playfootball at the time,” Pelini said.Pelini said he took some time in 2016 to vet Richmond. Some of it involvedreading up on the infamous case itself. It also involved speaking with some of hisSteubenville contacts from his time recruiting in the area. Not long after YSU lostto James Madison in the Football Championship Subdivison nationalchampionship game, he met Richmond face to face.“The kid is humble and he wants to put [his past] behind him,” Pelini said.Case: 4:17-cv-01927-BYP Doc #: 1 Filed: 09/13/17 5 of 29. PageID #: 56Pelini said he isn’t always quick to hand out second chances.“Every case is different. You have to listen to their story to see if they aregenuine,” Pelini said. “Gosh, when I was at Nebraska I got rid of a lot of kids.Some of them weren’t even given a second chance.”

19. On August 5, 2017, immediately after publication of the Younstown Vindicatorstory, a female YSU student named Katelyn Davis started an online petition demanding removalof Ma’lik from the team. According to a notation on the website, the petition was to be sent toYSU President Jim Tressel and head football coach Bo Pelini. The petition (which was sharedextensively on social media) stated:

*insert petition here*

20. When Ma’lik learned of the petition, he became disheartened and wanted to quitschool. But Ma’lik’s coaches met with Ma’lik and offered encouragement. A number of histeammates also reached out to support him. Meanwhile, his guardians drove to Youngstown andmet with YSU’s Nicole Kent-Strollo, Director of Student Outreach and Support and wife ofathletic director Ron Strollo. Ms. Strollo indicated that a satisfactory resolution to the publicpressure might be for Ma’lik to have counseling and to do community outreach by speakingabout sexual assault, a suggestion that ignored the fact that Ma’lik had not violated any YSUconduct rule and had not been implicated in sexual assault while at YSU

21. On or around August 9, 2017, Coach Pellini called Greg Agresta and advised himthat there was a lot of pressure being exerted by the university Board of Trustees and thatPresident Tressel was proposing that Ma’lik be restricted to participating as a practice player andwait until the following year to play in games. This suggestion greatly upset Greg, who said itwas unfair to do that to Ma’lik and was not what Ma’lik, the Agrestas, and Coach Pellini hadagreed to. Jen Agresta also was angered by the suggestion, rejected it, and insisted that shewanted to speak to President Tressel. She thereafter did meet with him and Ron Strollo and theysuggested that Ma’lik be a “developmental redshirt,” despite the fact that Ma’lik could nottechnically be redshirted (i.e., held back from playing for a year without losing a year ofeligibility) and did not require “development.” Indeed, the Agrestas spoke with Coach Pellinilater that day and he informed them that Ma’lik was practicing and performing better than everand probably would be a starter at some point.

22. That day, just a few days after Katelyn Davis had published her petition to haveMa’lik removed from the team, Defendant YSU – without bothering to inform Coach Pellini,Ma’lik, or the Agrestas – released the following official statement (“the Statement”) which waspublished campus-wide over the YSU email network:

*INSERT COPY OF E-MAIL RELEASE*

23. Upon learning of the email that had been broadcast to the entire campus, Ma’likbecame despondent, packed a bag, announced to his guardians that he was quitting, and walkedout. Jen Agresta called Coach Pellini and Ron Strollo, angrily castigating them for letting Ma’likdown and expressing her concern about his immediate well-being.

24. On August 10, 2017, when Ma’lik expressed unwillingness to return to practice,Jen called Coach Pellini who, together with Coach Roland Smith and three of Ma’lik’steammates, jumped in a car and drove to Steubenville to talk to Ma’lik. Coach Pellini apologizedto Ma’lik for the situation and told him that he felt Ma’lik had the skill to play in the NFL if heapplied himself, comparing Ma’lik’s ability to that of a YSU player who had just been drafted bythe New England Patriots.

25. In releasing the Statement and enacting the restrictions announced therein, YSUhumiliated and penalized Ma’lik Richmond (who had committed no sanctionable offense) andcapitulated to the petition of Katelyn Davis, a female student who, without ever having hadcontact with Ma’lik and without alleging any conduct violation by him, demanded that he besanctioned by YSU. 1 While Ms. Davis undoubtedly was entitled to exercise her right of freespeech, YSU as a state university had no right to respond to her informal expression of opinion(or even the opinions of a group of unknown citizens) by penalizing Ma’lik in violation of hisfederal civil rights and state common law rights

It goes on from there to other parts of the suit. However, this covers what we were all discussion here. Cheatervest and Pelini were 100% on board wit him joining the program. They actively recruited him to join...he didn't just show up as they claimed. They, in private, 100% backed him and said the public backlash would have no impact. They then caved to worldwide pressure.

Shocking...just shocking I tell you.

clenz
September 14th, 2017, 08:07 AM
Here's the silly part of this....

Even if the restraining order is given, Bo doesn't have to play him. He's no longer considered "suspended" but he doesn't have to play.

They have an intriguing case, but it mostly seems like they are building a case on a frozen lake late in the month of March

bobcathpdevil56
September 14th, 2017, 08:26 AM
Here's the silly part of this....

Even if the restraining order is given, Bo doesn't have to play him. He's no longer considered "suspended" but he doesn't have to play.

They have an intriguing case, but it mostly seems like they are building a case on a frozen lake late in the month of March

It seems they have plenty of ammunition to say that if he is "unsuspended", that he should see varsity time. All the things Pelini said to him seem to indicate that he would be a role player/starter for the the team. YSU is gonna have a tough time defending reinstating him and then not giving him any playing time.

clenz
September 14th, 2017, 08:32 AM
It seems they have plenty of ammunition to say that if he is "unsuspended", that he should see varsity time. All the things Pelini said to him seem to indicate that he would be a role player/starter for the the team. YSU is gonna have a tough time defending reinstating him and then not giving him any playing time.
Did you ever go through the recruiting process?

Every player, every year, is told that they are going to be big time contributors.

Unless there was a written, signed, and legalized contract between Richmond and YSU saying that he would be a starter/playing from day 1 there isn't ground for that. The continual "He plays tuition, thus he should get to play" thing is silly.

Coaches can also boot players off the team if they want - especially walk-ons, which Richmond is.

True walk-ons, such as Richmond, also rarely play ESPECIALLY in their first year in the program. He's not even getting book money. There isn't really much of a contract between the two parties. All YSU has to do is show how many first year players, getting zero dollars, are playing for YSU this year. I'd bet it's none.

Professor Chaos
September 14th, 2017, 08:33 AM
Bo is more than stubborn enough to invent some reason if he really doesn't want to play him. Doesn't understand the playbook, mass improvement of the current players, Richmond out of shape, etc. However, Bo seems like the kind of guy who was looking for an excuse to play him in the first place so I wouldn't think he'd stand in the way of getting him on the field if the court says the suspension has no grounds.

Regardless, this has turned into an even bigger nightmare for YSU... who would've think it. xrolleyesx

ElCid
September 14th, 2017, 09:03 AM
Wow, sucks to be a Penguin right now. What a mess. The lawsuit is just a way for his handlers to try and get something. It will have no merit when it gets to court. It would probably be in YSU's best interest to cut all ties and communication with this individual right now. Best to stop the bleeding as soon as possible.

walliver
September 14th, 2017, 09:23 AM
If Ma'lik the Blessed wins his suit and YSU has to pay him money, would he lose his NCAA eligibility?

OldKat95
September 14th, 2017, 10:22 AM
http://www.vindy.com/news/2017/sep/14/college-football-richmond-sues-ysu-in-ho/

This article says he has a hearing scheduled for this afternoon. Will be interesting to hear the results of that.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 14th, 2017, 10:40 AM
I hope he wins.

He already served his time and should not be punished again for the same thing. It's disgusting that most universities now act like they are part of the justice system.

Let me "educate" them.......they arnt

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ysubigred
September 14th, 2017, 11:13 AM
I hope he wins.

He already served his time and should not be punished again for the same thing. It's disgusting that most universities now act like they are part of the justice system.

+1^^

To be up front: I hate the kid is at Y-town! I hate what he did and served punishment for! I hate the university caved into political correctness and protest over his arrival as a walk on to the team and not going by what the law states.

FACT!

No law says he can't enroll at YSU and play football!

Kid was 16 years old now 20 already has a target on his back for what he did!

Sources says he every bit the equal or better than (football wise) 9 or 11 from last year at DE and they were drafted in the 2nd and 3rd round NFL.

Bottom line:

It's a shame all the way around in this matter. He was 16 yeas old and was part of a rape that took place in a private home with plenty of blame to go around. Two individuals were prosecuted for what they did and served their time. On any of the videos I seen there were many other hands violating this young lady in her passed out state, should have been more than two arrested and convicted in this case. Where was the parent's/adults who owned the home? Where was the friends of this girl to take her out of harms way? Again no personal responsibility assessed towards anyone! Just 3 young people (victim and two convicted rapists) now who have scars that my never heal or be resolved trying to move forward.

SO, I ask all you **** house lawyers on here, WHAT DO YOU DO WITH A 16 year old who commits this type of crime that's now going to be 21 and has no blemishes on his record since? Execute him? Or let them serve their restitution and try to become a productive part of society?

Carry on xsalutex

citdog
September 14th, 2017, 11:19 AM
+1^^

To be up front: I hate the kid is at Y-town! I hate what he did and served punishment for! I hate the university caved into political correctness and protest over his arrival as a walk on to the team and not going by what the law states.

FACT!

Sources says he every bit the equal or better than (football wise) 9 or 11 from last year at DE and they were drafted in the 2nd and 3rd round NFL.

Bottom line:

It's a shame all the way around in this matter. He was 16 yeas old and was part of a rape that took place in a private home with plenty of blame to go around. Two individuals were prosecuted for what they did and served their time. On any of the videos I seen there were many other hands violating this young lady in her passed out state, should have been more than two arrested and convicted in this case. Where was the parent's/adults who owned the home? Where was the friends of this girl to take her out of harms way? Again no personal responsibility assessed towards anyone! Just 3 young people (victim and two convicted rapists) now who have scars that my never heal or be resolved trying to move forward.

SO, I ask all you **** house lawyers on here, WHAT DO YOU DO WITH A 16 year old who commits this type of crime that's now going to be 21 and has no blemishes on his record since? Execute him? Or let them serve their restitution and try to become a productive part of society?

Carry on xsalutex

Charge him as an adult and make sure he doesn't see the outside of jail cell until his 40's and then limit all contact with young people as a condition of his release.

clenz
September 14th, 2017, 11:22 AM
+1^^

FACT!

Bottom line:

Carry on xsalutex
I wouldn't hire him to work for me. If someone else wants to, fine.

He wants to get an education? Great. Good for him.
He wants to represent my university in one of the most public ways possible? Nope

Privilege, not a right.

ElCid
September 14th, 2017, 11:44 AM

He wants to represent my university in one of the most public ways possible? Nope

Privilege, not a right.

Exactly. There are consequences for ones actions. Doesn't mean he has to be pursecuted for the rest of his life. It does mean, that he might not get to do what he wants. Should have thought about it before he did wrong. Playing on a team is a privilege. The mistake YSU made was letting him on the team to begin with. Some people do not believe in making examples of wrong behavior, but it is still a pretty strong deterrent for the next kid who thinks they will face no additional consequences, beside criminal ones, due to their actions. The kid apparently did his time. Good. Doesn't mean there should not be social penalties as well. If, over time he proves that it was simply one bad decision, and he proves his character with good behavior and maybe some good works, then people will begin to trust him. Filing a lawsuit just confirms he is headed in the wrong direction. It's a shame that his college career may have been destroyed, but again, should have thought about that first. Again, some people may not agree with this. That's ok. Everyone has seen different things in life.

Winston
September 14th, 2017, 11:46 AM
It appears that once enrolled, all students at Youngstown State have the opportunity to play for a sports team, as a matter of University policy. As a public institution, YSU now has to afford him certain due process rights. No good will come of this.

YSU FAN#34
September 14th, 2017, 11:57 AM
University response...

http://www.wfmj.com/story/36366754/ysu-says-it-bent-over-backward-for-malik-richmond

Professor Chaos
September 14th, 2017, 12:07 PM
If Malik Richmond has accomplished anything throughout this whole ordeal it's that he's ensured that he, and no other convicted juvenile rapist, will ever see a D1 college football field anywhere else again.

Can't say I'm disappointed by that but if he had any kind of repentant bone in his body he wouldn't be suing the school that stuck it's neck out for him. This will be exhibit A, B, and C going forward about why college football teams need to stay the **** away from these guys.

Paladin1aa
September 14th, 2017, 12:12 PM
Sadly, all of this is on Bo. The kid quit the team and went back to Steubenville. Pelini got in a car and drove an hour and a half down to his home and convinced him to come back. I wonder if he begged him ? A win at all costs coach. Scumbag.

Milktruck74
September 14th, 2017, 12:17 PM
So does this set a precedent where a kid can sue his coach for playing time? Coaching from the bench!!!!!

RedFlash
September 14th, 2017, 12:25 PM
I'd be surprised if the Court grants the TRO. The response from YSU cites to some appellate court decisions that there is no legally protected "right" to participate in college athletics. Plus, he could arguably petition the NCAA for additional eligibility such that missing the CCSU game or additional games this year may not amount to irreparable harm and he waited till week three to file his complaint.

Plus a denial of his TRO does not prevent him from moving forward with his case. He just wouldn't get to play immediately.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 14th, 2017, 12:30 PM
+1^^

FACT!

Bottom line:

Carry on xsalutexWord

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 14th, 2017, 12:31 PM

Privilege, not a right.So you want it both ways.

#GotIt

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 14th, 2017, 12:33 PM
Sadly, all of this is on Bo. The kid quit the team and went back to Steubenville. Pelini got in a car and drove an hour and a half down to his home and convinced him to come back. I wonder if he begged him ? A win at all costs coach. Scumbag.Or maybe Pelini is just a better person than most commenting on here and really wants to make a difference in a kids life that made a mistake. Maybe Bo is trying to help him learn from that and educate him so he doesn't make worse mistakes in the future

clenz
September 14th, 2017, 12:51 PM
So you want it both ways.

#GotIt

That's not both ways though, that's the thing.

If UNI decided to let him enroll and take classes, so be it. If he wants to get a job? He should.

I would not hire him. If I were a coach I would also not let him on my team.

There are those that will. Bully for those guys, I guess.

Yote 53
September 14th, 2017, 01:33 PM

Privilege, not a right.

Clenz and I agree on something.

Personally, I hope he wins just so the ***** hits the fan and the uproar over it causes more issues at YSU and then, maybe, the right thing is done and this rapist is gone from the program along with the rapist recruiter Bo Pelini.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
September 14th, 2017, 04:01 PM
Malik Richmond brought this stuff on himself when he raped that girl. If he by some sense, semblance, miracle or God's grace wins the appeal, that tells me the judge should go the way Aaron Persky needs to go. If there is any justice in this world, karma will be a major-league Butch at Youngstown State's football program and Tressel and Pelini both lose their jobs.

Winston
September 14th, 2017, 04:17 PM
Very tough situation.

Bisonoline
September 14th, 2017, 06:30 PM
Problem is you dont bring a kid on campus and then sit him because you got caught. The kid already did his time. Why are you sitting him? To see if hes going to get in trouble? Fact is he hasnt been in trouble since that incident. So whats the circus all about? Hes already on the team. Play him. No? Then suffer the legal and publicity ramifications.

ValleyTalk
September 14th, 2017, 08:10 PM
I'd be surprised if the Court grants the TRO. The response from YSU cites to some appellate court decisions that there is no legally protected "right" to participate in college athletics. Plus, he could arguably petition the NCAA for additional eligibility such that missing the CCSU game or additional games this year may not amount to irreparable harm and he waited till week three to file his complaint.

Plus a denial of his TRO does not prevent him from moving forward with his case. He just wouldn't get to play immediately.
When I read the first half of the court filing last night I came away with a completely different impression. I thought for sure based on his arguments she would side with him. Well breaking tonight, she did.
WFMJ: U.S. District Judge Benita Pearson ruled late Thursday evening that the embattled football player can temporarily play in YSU football games until a more permanent decision can be made.
Link: http://www.wfmj.com/story/36371246/judge-grants-restraining-order-allowing-malik-richmond-to-play

citdog
September 14th, 2017, 08:36 PM
If Bo Pelini puts him in the game there should be a riot.

NDB
September 14th, 2017, 08:39 PM
I think the guy is a total piece of sh#t, but he and the judge are right. The University made this bed a long time ago.

Bisonoline
September 14th, 2017, 08:45 PM
I think the guy is a total piece of sh#t, but he and the judge are right. The University made this bed a long time ago.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
This

cx500d
September 14th, 2017, 08:46 PM
It would be cool if:
a. Nobody shows up for the next game, or
b. Everybody walks out after the National Anthem.

TheKingpin28
September 14th, 2017, 08:48 PM
This is going to be a **** show to watch unfold now. Time to get a refill on the popcorn boys.

cx500d
September 14th, 2017, 08:53 PM
I wonder if antifa shows up? Probably not.

Paladin1aa
September 14th, 2017, 08:55 PM
I suspect there will be a horrific response in the community. Attendance ? In trouble. Boosters ? Probable boycotts. Goodwill towards the university? Gone. Athletics may be transformed. There will be a price to pay and it could be very big. Bo and the rapist will be under a microscope.

cx500d
September 14th, 2017, 08:57 PM
Now he has an excuse to play him.

citdog
September 14th, 2017, 08:58 PM
Can youngstown state survive the quadruple bongo protest that is coming from the gender studies dept, chicks who don't shave their pits, "i am fat and ugly and no one wants to **** me but I am WAY interested in keeping abortion legal because perhaps one day one of these skinny jean wearing cucks at school might bring himself to **** me" types?

I got a feeling this **** is about to get REAL.

Redbird007
September 14th, 2017, 09:06 PM
If Bo Pelini puts him in the game there should be a riot.

xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

Yep...Youngstown State will get what they deserve beyond all of this unnecessary bad press that has already shamed them.

BisonTru
September 14th, 2017, 09:07 PM
I hope he wins.

How did the Griz lose out on this cat? He'd fit in well in Missoula. :Dxdrunkyx

ValleyTalk
September 14th, 2017, 09:13 PM
I suspect there will be a horrific response in the community. Attendance ? In trouble. Boosters ? Probable boycotts. Goodwill towards the university? Gone. Athletics may be transformed. There will be a price to pay and it could be very big. Bo and the rapist will be under a microscope.
The Real Life Doomsday Preppers of Bazetta Township.

Reign of Terrier
September 14th, 2017, 09:30 PM
Can youngstown state survive the quadruple bongo protest that is coming from the gender studies dept, chicks who don't shave their pits, "i am fat and ugly and no one wants to **** me but I am WAY interested in keeping abortion legal because perhaps one day one of these skinny jean wearing cucks at school might bring himself to **** me" types?

I got a feeling this **** is about to get REAL.

I have no interest in this thread but you should delete your account for using the word cuck quasi-unironically

cx500d
September 14th, 2017, 09:36 PM
I have no interest in this thread but you should delete your account for using the word cuck quasi-unironically

https://media.giphy.com/media/tFK8urY6XHj2w/giphy-facebook_s.jpg

RedFlash
September 15th, 2017, 07:45 AM
When I read the first half of the court filing last night I came away with a completely different impression. I thought for sure based on his arguments she would side with him. Well breaking tonight, she did.
WFMJ: U.S. District Judge Benita Pearson ruled late Thursday evening that the embattled football player can temporarily play in YSU football games until a more permanent decision can be made.
Link: http://www.wfmj.com/story/36371246/judge-grants-restraining-order-allowing-malik-richmond-to-play

Hmm ... I'll be curious to see her opinion and it will be interesting if YSU appeals the ruling. I'm sure Bo is happy because now he can say he has to play him because of the Court order and people will believe him.

I still think she is wrong about him suffering irreparable harm - which is required to get the TRO. The article notes that she said that "losing games in the season could count as irreparable harm ... because Ma'lik would never get the chance to play the particular teams, on those particular days, in this particular condition." I think that's a bit of a stretch and comes across to me as a judge in search of a basis for a ruling that they know is not grounded in the law itself.

bobcathpdevil56
September 15th, 2017, 08:27 AM
Did you ever go through the recruiting process?

Every player, every year, is told that they are going to be big time contributors.

Unless there was a written, signed, and legalized contract between Richmond and YSU saying that he would be a starter/playing from day 1 there isn't ground for that. The continual "He plays tuition, thus he should get to play" thing is silly.

Coaches can also boot players off the team if they want - especially walk-ons, which Richmond is.

True walk-ons, such as Richmond, also rarely play ESPECIALLY in their first year in the program. He's not even getting book money. There isn't really much of a contract between the two parties. All YSU has to do is show how many first year players, getting zero dollars, are playing for YSU this year. I'd bet it's none.

I am not saying Richmond has a great argument, but all the quotes they had in their about what Bo said to him, they are definitely setting themselves up to be able to sue to get playing time. It is a joke to do something like this, but they are definitely preparing to argue that should he be reinstated as having possible playing time.

Professor Chaos
September 15th, 2017, 08:45 AM
Suffice to say I don't feel one ounce of sympathy for either side in this case. Richmond is lucky to even be on a D1 roster as a practice player and YSU deserves to have to deal with this ****show in the spotlight for everyone to see after the ridiculous way they've handled this whole thing.

I hope Bo isn't gunning for any FBS jobs because after this whole mess he won't even be able to get a high school head coaching job.

Professor Chaos
September 15th, 2017, 09:07 AM
If you want a good chuckle this morning... some of his lawyers comments in the ESPN article will do the trick.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20702377/malik-richmond-convicted-rape-teen-granted-temporary-youngstown-st-reinstatement

Stone (Richmond's lawyer) argued Thursday that the university was contractually obliged to allow Richmond to play so long as he followed university rules. She said the university hurt Richmond's football career prospects by curtailing his exposure to professional scouts at the peak of his abilities, and that the restraining order was necessary to prevent Richmond from losing any more playing time.

"This is his time to shine," Stone said. "Every opportunity to play is crucial."

If this guy thinks that any NFL team will touch him with a 50 foot pole he's even more delusional than I thought.

OldKat95
September 15th, 2017, 09:09 AM
Any word from around campus and town about the ruling? With them having a home game tomorrow, any plans on the groups that already signed the petition doing anything?

YSU FAN#34
September 15th, 2017, 09:10 AM
Geez...what an absolute hot mess this has been. I truly feel bad for Richmond but he made his bed. I feel worse for the rest of the team that has to deal with the distraction. I dont know who should take the most blame for this but that's irrelevant anyway. Its just so sad all the way around. Not many people "like" anything about or related to Youngstown as it is and we just keep tripping over our own d***s time and time again.

clenz
September 15th, 2017, 09:10 AM
I am not saying Richmond has a great argument, but all the quotes they had in their about what Bo said to him, they are definitely setting themselves up to be able to sue to get playing time. It is a joke to do something like this, but they are definitely preparing to argue that should he be reinstated as having possible playing time.
Then every player can/should file suit.

Every player is sold the idea of playing time.
Every player is sold the idea that they are fantastic.
Every player is sold anything it takes to get them to campus.

Winston
September 15th, 2017, 09:17 AM
If this guy thinks that any NFL team will touch him with a 50 foot pole he's even more delusional than I thought.
Just look at what they did to Ray Rice. He was a star and was never convicted of any crime. They drummed him out of football for battery. When this guy decided to rape a child, he threw away his future.

Winston
September 15th, 2017, 09:19 AM
The guy could have played at a D-2 school and quietly played football. Better yet, he should focus on his grades and become something else.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
September 15th, 2017, 10:31 AM
Just look at what they did to Ray Rice. He was a star and was never convicted of any crime. They drummed him out of football for battery. When this guy decided to rape a child, he threw away his future.

Yup, just like this one former player (hopefully former student) at ETSU who raped a 17-yo girl. He was a legacy as his dad played for ETSU in the 70s. If I was his dad, I would be mad as hell on the order of Howard Beale.

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/law-enforcement/2017/08/30/ETSU-drops-football-player-charged-with-statutory-rape

POD Knows
September 15th, 2017, 10:34 AM

Every player is sold anything it takes to get them to campus.I am dumbfounded on the rationale used by the judge to come to her decision.

Paladin1aa
September 15th, 2017, 10:50 AM
YSU is filing an appeal in the 6th Circuit U. S. Court of Appeals in Cincy. Word is this kid will be dealt with. Apparently his Twitter account reveals no remorse for the rape. Nor the shooting of the Judge before his father was shot dead.

Bo Pelini. Scumbag.

ysubigred
September 15th, 2017, 11:23 AM

Sorry to disappoint you, but he was deemed a child himself, since they both were minors at the time of the incident. That's why he served his sentence in juvenile detention.

Carry on xsalutex

Professor Chaos
September 15th, 2017, 11:25 AM
Sorry to disappoint you, but he was deemed a child himself, since they both were minors at the time of the incident. That's why he served his sentence in juvenile detention.

Carry on xsalutex
If this whole ordeal is any indication he's still a child.

Bisonoline
September 15th, 2017, 11:32 AM

But they werent told they couldnt play for something they did when they were 16 years old after being recruited and enrolled in school..

ysubigred
September 15th, 2017, 11:37 AM
If this whole ordeal is any indication he's still a child.

Point well taken. My point was, people on here are acting like this happened last week and he was some older man raping a little girl.

I've ask a few times but get no response,
What do you do with a kid who commits rape at the age of 16?
a. Execute them?!
b. Let them serve their time and try to become a productive part of society and live life to better their past?
c. Keep condemning what they did and don't let them participate in anything they are lawfully entitled to, so they become a ward of the welfare system because of what happened as a juvenile?

Carry on xsalutex

Yote 53
September 15th, 2017, 11:43 AM
It should be a very interesting atmosphere when YSU comes to the DakotaDome if this player is in uniform. It's Dakota Days too. The people here are already after Bo for his days at Nebraska. This should add some juice to it. Would not be shocked if there were some sort of protest, huge sign, or demonstration of sorts.

citdog
September 15th, 2017, 11:53 AM
Point well taken. My point was, people on here are acting like this happened last week and he was some older man raping a little girl.

a. Execute them?!
b. Let them serve their time and try to become a productive part of society and live life to better their past?
c. Keep condemning what they did and don't let them participate in anything they are lawfully entitled to, so they become a ward of the welfare system because of what happened as a juvenile?

Carry on xsalutex

Convicted rapists should be castrated and dropped on an atoll in the pacific.

POD Knows
September 15th, 2017, 11:56 AM

a. Execute them?!

Carry on xsalutexD: Try them as an adult and impose adult sentences.
D wasn't an option, the kid did his light time, he served his penalty and should be able to function as a member of society. Those that favor this kind of velvet glove treatment of these sociopaths better pucker up and live with it.

OldKat95
September 15th, 2017, 12:22 PM

a. Execute them?!

Carry on xsalutex

I vote execution, but I'm a Texan.

ysubigred
September 15th, 2017, 12:33 PM
I vote execution, but I'm a Texan.

I'm thinking that way also but unfortunately mass murders and rapists don't even get that xsmiley_wix

ysubigred
September 15th, 2017, 12:35 PM

That will work for me xthumbsupx

ysubigred
September 15th, 2017, 12:39 PM
D: Try them as an adult and impose adult sentences.
D wasn't an option, the kid did his light time, he served his penalty and should be able to function as a member of society. Those that favor this kind of velvet glove treatment of these sociopaths better pucker up and live with it.

@16 YO? Seen too many cases worse than rape (murder) @17 YO get the Juvie treatement.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
September 15th, 2017, 12:57 PM
Let me fix this for you.

a. Beat him so badly his family won't recognize him
b. Rip his balls off so he can't contaminate the rest of the world
c. Break both his arms and legs and leave him squealing like a pig
d. Shoot him in the head
e. a through d in that order

Carry on xsalutex

I vote e for the win.

Paladin1aa
September 15th, 2017, 01:10 PM
You have to understand where this kid came from. Steubenville is an old steel mill / mining town now in shambles. H. S. Football is the biggest deal in town. Lots of lowlife dirtbags live there now. Kids are coddled by coaches, fans and the community. A sense of entitlement prevails. Rampant drug use , drinking and raping happen. Pelini is fostering this mindset. Character is an afterthought if you can play and win a game for YSU. The community of Youngstown is highly upset. The small hardcore YSU football fan base....... Not so much.

Truly ugly and disgusting.

Winston
September 15th, 2017, 01:43 PM
You have to understand where this kid came from.... ...Truly ugly and disgusting.
Just curious, when you were 16 did you know better than to rape a girl?

POD Knows
September 15th, 2017, 01:53 PM
@16 YO? Seen too many cases worse than rape (murder) @17 YO get the Juvie treatement.What, and that makes it right.

citdog
September 15th, 2017, 01:57 PM
You have to understand where this kid came from. Steubenville is an old steel mill / mining town now in shambles. H. S. Football is the biggest deal in town. Lots of lowlife dirtbags live there now. Kids are coddled by coaches, fans and the community. A sense of entitlement prevails. Rampant drug use , drinking and raping happen. Pelini is fostering this mindset. Character is an afterthought if you can play and win a game for YSU. The community of Youngstown is highly upset. The small hardcore YSU football fan base....... Not so much.

Truly ugly and disgusting.

Lots of people grow up hard and rape zero women.

bobcathpdevil56
September 15th, 2017, 02:10 PM

Clenz, I agree with you bro, the idea of being able to sue over playing time is ridiculous. Looking at that document they are definitely preparing to make that sort of move

Reign of Terrier
September 15th, 2017, 02:11 PM
I lean toward "don't let him play" because, well, he raped somebody. It was also a mistake for Bo to recruit this guy. But let me inject some nuance here:

it seems that the salient argument on the "let him play side" (once you filter out the right wing talking points) is that he paid his debt to society and that he's been punished enough, especially given that he committed the crime as a juvenile.

On the other side, the salient arguments are that, although the crime was committed while he was a juvenile it was sufficiently heinous to prohibit him from playing football and that they wouldn't or don't want such a person representing their university.

The key principle is that this isn't a legal argument, but one of institutional or team policy as well as moral positioning. Put it another way, it's not illegal to lie in most contexts but we surely don't want our teams and institutions to be apologetic of that behavior. Admittedly, lying is not as bad as raping someone (and the former is more reflexive than the latter), but my point is that a lot of people are equivocating on what the actual argument is.

Behind the argument of those supporting his ability to play are two principles 1) not piling on criminals who have already paid their debt to society (a sentiment I agree with) and 2) Being forgiving of the mistakes kids make.

On the side of those who oppose him playing, the spectrum of principle varies. On one side, it's motivated by the desire to punish a rapist further, on the other it's a practical argument: you don't want to glorify him or have the university represented by him (if anything because at the very least it's a bad look).

I favor the "don't let him play side" on practical, but not punitive grounds. Rape is a pretty heinous crime and we don't want to set a precedent that admission of rapists into athletic programs is a good thing. Many (or most?) rapists have a propensity of relapsing and that's a risk no program should take. I think everyone should have the opportunity to earn an education, even if they committed heinous crimes, but that opportunity doesn't extend to being a college football player or public figure in high regard.

One scientific fact that needs recognizing in this whole discussion is that our moral brains are wired weirdly: we judge transactions rationally, but when assessing punishment, it's more emotionally motivated (think retribution, etc). The question of whether or not this kid needs to be directly punished more is not one I am qualified to answer or want to answer. Having said that, the institutional policy one way or another has clear-cut consequences, trade-offs and risks for a program and an overall culture.

On those grounds, not being allowed to play is both practically and institutionally a preferred outcome.

citdog
September 15th, 2017, 02:18 PM
I lean toward "don't let him play" because, well, he raped somebody. It was also a mistake for Bo to recruit this guy. But let me inject some nuance here:

it seems that the salient argument on the "let him play side" (once you filter out the right wing talking points) is that he paid his debt to society and that he's been punished enough, especially given that he committed the crime as a juvenile.

On the other side, the salient arguments are that, although the crime was committed while he was a juvenile it was sufficiently heinous to prohibit him from playing football and that they wouldn't or don't want such a person representing their university.

The key principle is that this isn't a legal argument, but one of institutional or team policy as well as moral positioning. Put it another way, it's not illegal to lie in most contexts but we surely don't want our teams and institutions to be apologetic of that behavior. Admittedly, lying is not as bad as raping someone (and the former is more reflexive than the latter), but my point is that a lot of people are equivocating on what the actual argument is.

Behind the argument of those supporting his ability to play are two principles 1) not piling on criminals who have already paid their debt to society (a sentiment I agree with) and 2) Being forgiving of the mistakes kids make.

On the side of those who oppose him playing, the spectrum of principle varies. On one side, it's motivated by the desire to punish a rapist further, on the other it's a practical argument: you don't want to glorify him or have the university represented by him (if anything because at the very least it's a bad look).

I favor the "don't let him play side" on practical, but not punitive grounds. Rape is a pretty heinous crime and we don't want to set a precedent that admission of rapists into athletic programs is a good thing. Many (or most?) rapists have a propensity of relapsing and that's a risk no program should take. I think everyone should have the opportunity to earn an education, even if they committed heinous crimes, but that opportunity doesn't extend to being a college football player or public figure in high regard.

One scientific fact that needs recognizing in this whole discussion is that our moral brains are wired weirdly: we judge transactions rationally, but when assessing punishment, it's more emotionally motivated (think retribution, etc). The question of whether or not this kid needs to be directly punished more is not one I am qualified to answer or want to answer. Having said that, the institutional policy one way or another has clear-cut consequences, trade-offs and risks for a program and an overall culture.

On those grounds, not being allowed to play is both practically and institutionally a preferred outcome.

Shut up Poindexter.

OldKat95
September 15th, 2017, 02:58 PM

Wow. That was awesome. I feel like I just read a legal opinion. And your arguments are very well stated and logical. Man....

Paladin1aa
September 15th, 2017, 03:07 PM
Winston -- to answer your question, at 16 , I DID know better than to rape a girl. Geeshhhhhh.....

ysubigred
September 15th, 2017, 03:13 PM
What, and that makes it right.

What? Never said anything about making something right.

Try this; How in the **** can you charge a sixteen year old boy as an adult for rape? There has been plenty of seventeen year olds going to juvenile detention for murder. Maybe if a person of ANY age commits an adult/violent crime they should be charged accordingly as an adult xeyebrowx

Bisonoline
September 15th, 2017, 03:16 PM
Winston -- to answer your question, at 16 , I DID know better than to rape a girl. Geeshhhhhh.....

The definition of rape has also changed. Having sex with an intoxicated female wasnt considered rape at one time. Now it is. Just like asking a woman numerous time for a date can be misconstrued as sexual harassment.

Paladin1aa
September 15th, 2017, 03:18 PM
BTW, Winston, just to let you know, I was a big H.S. Jock, good looking and talented. As. Soph. ,Senior cheerleaders wanted to and did date me then. I had an advanced love life. I was a big local star, but no sense of special entitlement. If you drank, you didn't play. If you did drugs, you didn't play. If you raped, you didn't play.

i behaved myself.

Penguin Nation
September 15th, 2017, 03:39 PM
I'm off grid with no electricity and I'm sweating my balls off in SW Florida, and doing this from a phone, so I'll keep it short with a few questions:

1) First one to those familiar with YSU: Can you think of any individual in the entire history of YSU who has done more damage to YSU than Bo Pelini? Go back as far as 1908. Who else has in such a short time put YSU in the international news due to its affiliation with a gang rapist, had a TRO due to a civil suit by a player, made YSU a defendant in a civil suit, had petitions with >11.5k signatures protesting the University, and enraged alumni and students and the community? For years from now, the name "YSU" will have an association with "rape" rather than something positive.

2) This one I'm asking cuz IDK. Aren't there pathways to the NFL other than CFB? Aren't players draft eligible four seasons after HS graduation? Either way, this is a weak argument IMO by the gang-rapist plaintiff.

I listened to Brian Dzenis interviewed this am on an NDSU radio show, and Dzenis stated (nearly) directly that if the rapist's Court filings are accurate, that President Tressel openly lied to him the night prior to the Vindy breaking the story. I often refer to YSU as "No Accountability U", so I suspect Tressel can get away with lying to the public (as YSU did during Ticketgate), but...at some point the BOT may want to stop the hemorrhaging and fire those involved (BP, JT)...but I doubt it. Earlier in this thread I pointed out other lies by YSU in this matter.

clenz
September 15th, 2017, 03:51 PM
Shocking....

Cheatervest lying and cheating?

Can I start digging up all the quotes from the YSU plebs the last 10 years calling me all kinds of names everything I mentioned that he's dirty as hell? How about when I said he isn't fit to run a university? How about how I said YSU is the only place he could get that job because of his cult following that will let him get away with anything?

I remember all of the vicious attacks when I said Jimmy boy hadn't changed.

Penguin Nation
September 15th, 2017, 04:07 PM
Shocking....

Cheatervest lying and cheating?

Can I start digging up all the quotes from the YSU plebs the last 10 years calling me all kinds of names everything I mentioned that he's dirty as hell? How about when I said he isn't fit to run a university? How about how I said YSU is the only place he could get that job because of his cult following that will let him get away with anything?

I remember all of the vicious attacks when I said Jimmy boy hadn't changed.

I used to defend JT in the Ray Isaac/Mickey Monus matter because the details were ambiguous. I even defended JT after the OSU scandal, and thought he'd make a good president at YSU. He has done some good things as president, but this debacle is on him and a few others. Lying to the public as University president is inexcusable and grounds for termination IMO.

Penguin Nation
September 15th, 2017, 04:25 PM
https://twitter.com/bison1660/status/908755010963558405

a link to the link I was referring to.

Scandal seems to follow JT.

ytownchief22
September 15th, 2017, 04:26 PM
Lol, you're all idiots. The kid made a mistake. Btw, the girl who he "raped" never wanted to press charges against him and was later arrested a year later for prostitution and is well known down in those parts as being a certain type of girl. Bo and JT are on the same side here. They are backing this kid. It's the other administrators who are upset because the community is making a fuss. People protesting outside the stadium! Hahahaha. All 10 of them. And for people who think this is going to affect attendance, nobody attends the games anyway so who cares. Neither Bo or JT are going anywhere. Go Guins !

clenz
September 15th, 2017, 04:27 PM
There it is.

dewey
September 15th, 2017, 04:29 PM
Btw, the girl who he "raped" never wanted to press charges against him and was later arrested a year later for prostitution and is well known down in those parts as being a certain type of girl. Bo and JT are on the same side here.

So are you saying that if a girl is a "certain type of girl" rape is not as big of a deal as if she was a church girl?

Dewey

Bison56
September 15th, 2017, 04:36 PM
So are you saying that if a girl is a "certain type of girl" rape is not as big of a deal as if she was a church girl?

Dewey

That's exactly what he is saying.

Penguin Nation
September 15th, 2017, 04:41 PM
Lol, you're all idiots. The kid made a mistake. Btw, the girl who he "raped" never wanted to press charges against him and was later arrested a year later for prostitution and is well known down in those parts as being a certain type of girl. Bo and JT are on the same side here. They are backing this kid. It's the other administrators who are upset because the community is making a fuss. People protesting outside the stadium! Hahahaha. All 10 of them. And for people who think this is going to affect attendance, nobody attends the games anyway so who cares. Neither Bo or JT are going anywhere. Go Guins !

if you've never been to YSU penguins.com, this ^^^ is what it looks like, except add 4 other ppl.

cx500d
September 15th, 2017, 05:53 PM
The definition of rape has also changed. Having sex with an intoxicated female wasnt considered rape at one time. Now it is. Just like asking a woman numerous time for a date can be misconstrued as sexual harassment.

Somebody should warn Kingpin....

Lorne_Malvo
September 15th, 2017, 06:42 PM

Ever consider the possibility that she turned to prostitution due to the psychological damage that is experienced by rape VICTIMS?
You sir are a complete ahole.

Penguin Nation
September 15th, 2017, 07:19 PM

in case you are not the ignorant and loathsome person that you portrayed yourself to be in that post, I'd read up on the long term consequences of rape, such as the night-long multi-event gang rape Mr. Richmond and Mr. Mays inflicted upon that defenseless girl. Here is a good place to start:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_trauma_syndrome

in it you will read about hyper-sexual behavior as a potential consequence. After that night, her life was over as she knew it. As far as Mr.Richmond is concerned, if he has any insight at all, he'd realize every day he is alive is a gift. Anyone who is the father of a daughter knows what I mean by that. If the victims father was a different man, being a whiny little bitch about playing FB would be the last thing on his mind.

Bisonoline
September 15th, 2017, 07:31 PM
in case you are not the ignorant and loathsome person that you portrayed yourself to be in that post, I'd read up on the long term consequences of rape, such as the night-long multi-event gang rape Mr. Richmond and Mr. Mays inflicted upon that defenseless girl. Here is a good place to start:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_trauma_syndrome

in it you will read about hyper-sexual behavior as a potential consequence. After that night, her life was over as she knew it. As far as Mr.Richmond is concerned, if he has any insight at all, he'd realize every day he is alive is a gift. Anyone who is the father of a daughter knows what I mean by that. If the victims father was a different man, being a whiny little bitch about playing FB would be the last thing on his mind.

You are making a lot of assumptions for the purpose of your narrative.

TheKingpin28
September 15th, 2017, 07:49 PM
Somebody should warn Kingpin....

What the flying ****? There are certain lines one does not cross, and that was one of them. I can take a joke, but, come on man. Really?

ValleyTalk
September 15th, 2017, 07:50 PM
Well gee, this doesn't fit the world is ending narrative being spewed by the former HS jock up on Mosquito Lake and his partner in crime:

WKBN - YSU Students Say Malik Richmond Controversy Isn't a Hot Topic: http://wkbn.com/2017/09/15/ysu-students-say-malik-richmond-controversy-isnt-hot-topic/amp/
"A large number of Youngstown State students WKBN talked to had no idea who Richmond is or anything about the controversy"

Curious did anyone attend the big hyped up protest tailgate for game one last week? Did it even happen or was it all noise?

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 15th, 2017, 10:39 PM

Then could he play?

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 15th, 2017, 10:42 PM
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20716898/appeals-court-rejects-push-youngstown-state-block-malik-richmond-reinstatement

Good, this kid was being railroaded by the university. I hope he sues them for monetary damages and wins

CID1990
September 16th, 2017, 01:46 AM
We've taken in troubled kids over the years... most notably a very good QB (who ran wild all over fermin one year....

But it bit us in the a$$ when he robbed an assistant coach and went to jail.

Normally we do well with these kinds of kids, they respond well to the military atmosphere, it provides an outlet to many of them who might otherwise go down a different path at a civilian type school.

Unfortunately, we are snakebite over those kinds of kids now and I don't think we go after them much anymore. Which is a shame because so many of them have come in our gates as risky kids and have exited four years later with rings, diplomas and bright futures as Citadel Men

Winston
September 16th, 2017, 05:43 AM
That is funny. Post a link, it would be a good read,

Professor Chaos
September 16th, 2017, 07:33 AM
So that's an excuse to have tag team sex with her while she's passed out and text all your buddies bragging about it? What the **** is wrong with you?

That might be the most disgusting post I've ever seen on this site and that's saying something. Go crawl back into your hole please.

ElCid
September 16th, 2017, 07:43 AM
So that's an excuse to have tag team sex with her while she's passed out and text all your buddies bragging about it? What the **** is wrong with you?

That might be the most disgusting post I've ever seen on this site and that's saying something. Go crawl back into your hole please.

This. Disgusting to try and make excuses. And that is what he was doing. Unfortunately, YSU will pay a price in the long run. How big or small depends on what they do from here on out.

GreenGlasses
September 16th, 2017, 09:05 AM

Carry on xsalutex

He is a RAPIST and should have it cut off. Rapist and Murderers shouldn't be protected as Juvies. They should get the max for being what they are a Horrid F'N Person. But then I don't feel sorry for YSU the program was dirty as hell in the 90s with Tressel at the helm. No reason for it to not be dirty as hell with Tressel as president. Is Tressel even qualified to be president of YSU. All presidents of universities Ive see have some kind of PhD. Tressel has a BS in PE. Talk about lowering your standards to lead a university.

GodHelpTheBears
September 16th, 2017, 09:07 AM
WTF

How is this thread still going? I had a meltdown on like page 4.

Paladin1aa
September 16th, 2017, 09:36 AM
Today's Tribune Chronicle carried a reader poll showing 63% are against allowing him to play. Fortunately good people outweigh the bad in the Valley. But go to the YSU fan board and it is overwhelming the opposite. Winning at all costs. You can see the mentality of many from YSU on display here in their comments. Damn shame.

POD Knows
September 16th, 2017, 09:46 AM
Somebody put up a poll on this board, I think he should be able to play, he paid his measly debt to society.

Penguin Nation
September 16th, 2017, 10:02 AM
http://www.tribtoday.com/news/latest-news/2017/09/152-p-m-university-appeals-order-allowing-richmond-to-play-football/

"He’s (gang-rapist) seeking reinstatement to the team’s active roster along with attorney fees and an unspecified amount of damages."

The rapist has the audacity to actually sue YSU for $$. If he succeeds, then every Ohio taxpayer will have worked to pay the rapist $$. Bo invited the cancer in, and appears to be too stupid to realize the damage he's caused and will continue to cause.

Professor Chaos
September 16th, 2017, 10:19 AM
Somebody put up a poll on this board, I think he should be able to play, he paid his measly debt to society.
I think it's a little bit misrepresentative to let everyone everywhere throw in a vote to decide if he should play or not. To me it should be YSU athletic boosters, ticket buyers, and students that decide it because it's them that are supporting the program he's a part of.

In the end doesn't grind my gears that much if he plays for YSU (although it won't stop me from giving them **** about it) but if he was at NDSU I would be 100% against him setting foot on the field in a game wearing a NDSU uniform.

Jackal
September 16th, 2017, 10:27 AM
I think it's a little bit misrepresentative to let everyone everywhere throw in a vote to decide if he should play or not. To me it should be YSU athletic boosters, ticket buyers, and students that decide it because it's them that are supporting the program he's a part of.

In the end doesn't grind my gears that much if he plays for YSU (although it won't stop me from giving them **** about it) but if he was at NDSU I would be 100% against him setting foot on the field in a game wearing a NDSU uniform.
You wouldn't have to worry about it. There's no way Klieman would bring him in to NDSU.

ytownchief22
September 16th, 2017, 10:35 AM
Today's Tribune Chronicle carried a reader poll showing 63% are against allowing him to play. Fortunately good people outweigh the bad in the Valley. But go to the YSU fan board and it is overwhelming the opposite. Winning at all costs. You can see the mentality of many from YSU on display here in their comments. Damn shame.

That's cool. Here's an article from local news station interviewing students and they could really care less about the situation. Have a great day you grumpy old man ;)

http://wkbn.com/2017/09/15/ysu-students-say-malik-richmond-controversy-isnt-hot-topic/

ValleyTalk
September 16th, 2017, 12:00 PM
That's cool. Here's an article from local news station interviewing students and they could really care less about the situation. Have a great day you grumpy old man ;)

http://wkbn.com/2017/09/15/ysu-students-say-malik-richmond-controversy-isnt-hot-topic/
Wonder if he will leave Trumbull County and attend today's game to boycott Ma'lik with the 63% majority from a Tribune web poll, a true scientific measure of the pulse of the community.

Paladin1aa
September 16th, 2017, 03:33 PM
The rapist played.

cx500d
September 16th, 2017, 03:34 PM
The rapist played.

Outstanding....Expected nothing less from Pelini

ValleyTalk
September 16th, 2017, 03:41 PM
The rapist played.
I made it in from Vegas for this big contest? Where are you protesting Pally? No protests at the main gate entering the field. He just got a tackle and nobody booed in the stadium. In fact most fans in the stadium gave the man a nice round of applause.

Looks like your doom and gloom scenario isn't going to play out. Stick with the Bulldogs - - - nice W last night over Hubbard.

BisonFan02
September 16th, 2017, 04:40 PM
I made it in from Vegas for this big contest? Where are you protesting Pally? No protests at the main gate entering the field. He just got a tackle and nobody booed in the stadium. In fact most fans in the stadium gave the man a nice round of applause.

Looks like your doom and gloom scenario isn't going to play out. Stick with the Bulldogs - - - nice W last night over Hubbard.

Interesting....

cx500d
September 16th, 2017, 04:41 PM
Interesting....

That should make the women on YSU's campus feel good.

SoupCity85
September 16th, 2017, 04:45 PM
The rapist played.

And you're SOOOOO disgusted that you still watched too? You're a real WINNER buddy.

Penguin Nation
September 16th, 2017, 04:46 PM

It's a little weird how almost all of your posts are trolling some guy who doesn't give you the time of day. The rare non-trolling comment is yes-man cheerleading devoid of any hint of critical thinking. There may be help for the obsessive nature you have, but the critical thought deficit you're prolly stuck with. You either have the tools for it or you don't. Don't fret though, corrupt organizations like YSU love yes-men.

SoupCity85
September 16th, 2017, 04:56 PM
Btw, the girl who he "raped" never wanted to press charges against him and was later arrested a year later for prostitution and is well known down in those parts as being a certain type of girl. !

Chief, I have much respect for you and your comments. But that was uncalled for buddy...COMPLETELY!! We both know that makes no difference whatsoever.

Penguin Nation
September 16th, 2017, 05:02 PM
And you're SOOOOO disgusted that you still watched too? You're a real WINNER buddy.

I started this thread to express my disgust with my alma mater, as well as to start a discussion on the recruiting of sexual predators. It's revealing how the most insightful comments are from JMU, NDSU, and UNI posters (and a few others), and the YSU fan base (with 2 exceptions) only offer this kind of excrement that pollutes my thread.

SoupCity85
September 16th, 2017, 05:34 PM
I started this thread to express my disgust with my alma mater, as well as to start a discussion on the recruiting of sexual predators. It's revealing how the most insightful comments are from JMU, NDSU, and UNI posters (and a few others), and the YSU fan base (with 2 exceptions) only offer this kind of excrement that pollutes my thread.Truth hurts, right? Pally STILL watched it I'm sure, did you? That's all my comment was about. Don't complain if you still watched this game or any other game if you're SO disgusted.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Bison56
September 16th, 2017, 08:58 PM
I guess rape is ok to some YSU fans.

The Yo Show
September 16th, 2017, 10:53 PM
I would think to the majority of us it is abhorrent. As I've stated before I didn't think he should have been recruited. The whole situation sucks, and it was self inflicted.

Paladin1aa
September 17th, 2017, 09:12 AM
FootballScoop has a scathing write-up on the issue and Pelini. As far as I'm concerned, he will henceforth be known as Bozo Pelini

dewey
September 17th, 2017, 09:13 AM
FootballScoop has a scathing write-up on the issue and Pelini. As far as I'm concerned, he will henceforth be known as Bozo Pelini

Can you post a link?

Dewey

Professor Chaos
September 17th, 2017, 09:19 AM
http://footballscoop.com/news/bo-pelini-plays-convicted-rapist-malik-richmond/

So Richmond really went home to Steubenville after he was told that he wouldn't be able to play in any games this year but would be part of them team? That was what... over a month ago? So therefore he hasn't been to a practice since them or gone to a single class this academic semester??? Yet Pelini still plays him yesterday? I didn't think Bo could get any slimier in this mess but if all that is true he just did. All the **** this Richmond guy did previous to his YSU tenure aside... he plays a guy who hasn't been working out or going to class for the last month over guys who've been working in practice and (presumably) went to at least one class. What the hell is he thinking?

Penguin Nation
September 17th, 2017, 09:19 AM
Can you post a link?

Dewey

http://footballscoop.com/news/bo-pelini-plays-convicted-rapist-malik-richmond/

Serpentor
September 17th, 2017, 09:30 AM
The kid fingered a girl when he was 16 and was accused of rape. I'm getting too old. I thought rape was forced intercourse. Truly living in a world I don't understand. Where were the parents lid was 16. Went to jail for it.

I thought the hubbub was due to the fact that it wasn't, you know, consensual...

Professor Chaos
September 17th, 2017, 09:37 AM
I never thought this would be even a question 3 games after he led YSU to the championship game in his second season but how short is Bo's leash getting at this point?

The University of Minnesota fired their head coach Tracy Claeys after a 9-4 season last year because he sent out a tweet in support of his players who were going to boycott their bowl game because they thought the university's investigation into an alleged gang rape by Minnesota football players of a co-ed was unfair. And those were players never charged (and therfore convicted) of anything from the whole incident.

Serpentor
September 17th, 2017, 09:41 AM
I never thought this would be even a question 3 games after he led YSU to the championship game in his second season but how short is Bo's leash getting at this point?

The University of Minnesota fired their head coach Tracy Claeys after a 9-4 season last year because he sent out a tweet in support of his players who were going to boycott their bowl game because they thought the university's investigation into an alleged gang rape by Minnesota football players of a co-ed was unfair. And those were players never charged (and therfore convicted) of anything from the whole incident.

Hugh Freeze was one of the best coaches Ole Miss has ever had, but when you have hookers on speed dial from your university-issued phone...

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2017, 09:44 AM

Two different mindsets.

U of M is arguably, outside of the Northeast and West Coast, the biggest hypocritical "liberal" utopia in the world. Spend 10 minutes on campus and you would rather commit seppuku than spend any longer in the land of douchenozzles and two-faced losers. End of political discussion about it, but that is the cold hard truth about the administration and lifestyle over in Dinkytown.

Tressel can do no wrong in the mind of YSU, as a whole, and therefore if Bo wants to do what he wants and Tressel is cool with it, then well, most of YSU will just look the other way on it.

Penguin Nation
September 17th, 2017, 09:45 AM
http://www.vindy.com/news/2017/sep/17/ysus-prez-on-hot-seat/
"Why were the best interests of the university, the student body and the player not considered by President Tressel, Coach Pelini, Athletic Director Ron Strollo when they first dealt with the issue?
Indeed, why wasn’t Tressel’s immediate reaction when he was first approached about Richmond playing for YSU an unequivocal “No!”?
Tressel and Pelini, who came to Youngstown State from Nebraska, both have dirty laundry that has been aired publicly with regard to their coaching careers.
The Richmond scandal has sports writers around the country rehashing the details of their falls from grace"

Professor Chaos
September 17th, 2017, 09:46 AM
Tressel can do no wrong in the mind of YSU, as a whole, and therefore if Bo wants to do what he wants and Tressel is cool with it, then well, most of YSU will just look the other way on it.
This is exactly the mindset that gets guys like that fired. Very very different situation but similar mindset amongst the administration at Penn State that led to Joe Paterno's downfall. No one is untouchable.

The Pud
September 17th, 2017, 09:46 AM
Hugh Freeze was one of the best coaches Ole Miss has ever had, but when you have hookers on speed dial from your university-issued phone...

Man, just think of the fine young talent this coach had access to.........such a shame we live in a monogamous society.

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2017, 09:52 AM
This is exactly the mindset that gets guys like that fired. Very very different situation but similar mindset amongst the administration at Penn State that led to Joe Paterno's downfall. No one is untouchable.

Agreed, but that is what is currently going on in Youngstown. Both men scratch each others backs until the **** is spewing onto the streets from behind closed doors and the Ohio Board of Regents/Education has to step in and tell everyone they are gone and/or people go to jail.

GreenGlasses
September 17th, 2017, 09:56 AM

You are very untouchable when you are James "Jim" Patrick Tressel in Youngstown State. No matter how much info you present to them on how dirty YSU was in the 90s and how dirty Ohio State was from 2001-2010 those in Youngstown will plug their ears up and scream "LALALALALALA" until you leave. To them Tressel is a god amongst men that can do no wrong.

ValleyTalk
September 17th, 2017, 10:11 AM
It's a little weird how almost all of your posts are trolling some guy who doesn't give you the time of day. The rare non-trolling comment is yes-man cheerleading devoid of any hint of critical thinking. There may be help for the obsessive nature you have, but the critical thought deficit you're prolly stuck with. You either have the tools for it or you don't. Don't fret though, corrupt organizations like YSU love yes-men.

First off, when people come on here and make outlandish and questionable statements, they should expect to be challenged about them. I don't call that trolling. When these claims don't go as you predict, then you can bet those predictions or claims will be called out.

I actually enjoy Paladin when his analysis is strictly football. He provides a unique insight into recruiting and the opposition. Where he, and you, have gone awry is when you let your anti Bo/Strollo biases and emotions take over the themes of all your posts. You guys have kept alive a thread for 47 pages of a college student you have never even met in your loves. I'm in no way defending in any way, shape, or form the despicable actions of this young man. However, our judicial system gave him a sentence and he served his time. Since serving his sentence, he has kept a clean slate and judging by those I've talked with in and around the program, he truly is apologetic and wants to move on. Don't be mad at YSU or Pelini for admitting him or having him walk on as a student-athlete because he wants to move on with his life. Be upset with the judicial system for the sentence they gave him. If we as a society aren't willing to allow those who have made mistakes a second chance to live their lives, then what path in life do you think they will take? By being a student-athlete, God-willing, this young man should continue on the right path in life moving forward. My faith (the same one that Bo practices each week at mass) challenges us each day to forgive those that need to be forgiven and I'm willing to do so for this young man and I truly hope he makes the most of his second chance in life.

To your next point that I'm a yes man. That is false. I'm disappointed with how the University has handled this situation and how they caved to the public pressure. I've also been quite critical of the marketing for the games and how the entire ticket situation was handled last year for the National Title game. If you don't believe me on that, then go visit the YSU board and you'll see my thoughts on that.

Lastly, on FootballScoop's rumor mill factory, the folks I know close to the program find no truth to these rumors that the Board, Tressel, and Strollo told Bo not to play Ma'lik yesterday, despite the temporary restraining order. In fact at half, prior to him coming in, they were fully expecting him to make his appearance at some point later in the contest. I'm not sure of the point Scott is trying to make. Everyone that was able to play on that sidelines got in so Bo playing Ma'lik was certainly not a middle finger to the administration or athletic department. This isn't the first time Scott has gone after Bo. There is no love loss between those two dating back to when Bo was rumored to be coming to Youngstown.

Serpentor
September 17th, 2017, 10:20 AM
Man, just think of the fine young talent this coach had access to.........such a shame we live in a monogamous society.

Oh, he wasn't using them himself. This is what we like to call a "recruiting tool."

Professor Chaos
September 17th, 2017, 11:16 AM
Lastly, on FootballScoop's rumor mill factory, the folks I know close to the program find no truth to these rumors that the Board, Tressel, and Strollo told Bo not to play Ma'lik yesterday, despite the temporary restraining order. In fact at half, prior to him coming in, they were fully expecting him to make his appearance at some point later in the contest. I'm not sure of the point Scott is trying to make. Everyone that was able to play on that sidelines got in so Bo playing Ma'lik was certainly not a middle finger to the administration or athletic department. This isn't the first time Scott has gone after Bo. There is no love loss between those two dating back to when Bo was rumored to be coming to Youngstown.
Was there any truth to the part about Richmond going home to Steubenville after the decision was handed down about him not being able to play?

penguinpower
September 17th, 2017, 11:39 AM
test. I posted twice on a mobile device but not showing here

Paladin1aa
September 17th, 2017, 11:56 AM
Let's talk football..... Richmond was the Eastern District Player of the Year as a senior at Steubenville. He had been on Ohio St., Penn St. , Mich., etc , radar since he was a freshman. But had grade problems. Hence he starts at a Juco, but once grades are in, he transfers to California (Pa), a D - II school and a long time recruiter of Steubenville players. He spends the spring semester there but transfers just before Fall, 2016 , to YSU. WHY? His H.S. Coach Saccoccia ( another sleezebag) calls Tressel. But Richmond is ALREADY there as a transfer. Didn't he already inquire BEFORE he made the move about football ? His "guardian" , Agresta is a Steubenville native, Big Red booster and a high powered V-P in a commercial bank who calls Tressel because of their mutual "friend", Saccoccia. It is already established in court that Steubenville bents over backward for its players and community was so "infected", they had to call in a visiting judge. Proved that all kinds of tampering and collusion in school and community trying to get the players off the hook. Supposedly, Bozo knows nothing of the kid (lol, sure) and the kid is already there while they are " negotiating" with Tressel, then Bozo. Even with him there, the protests and ultimate quitting and going back home by the player, why did Bozo get in a car and drive to Steubenville to talk (beg) him to come back and rejoin the team? The story here isn't about a rapist. It's about a coach (and athletic dept.) overseen by Prez who was a former coach. If the kid couldn't find another program who would take him, WHY did YSU ? This isn't about political correctness. It's about doing the right thing.

The people in charge at YSU have set the school up as scumbags. With all that goes on in society, the NCAA, Baylor, etc, WHY did Bozo set up this stupid scenario ? I personally know some of the people who "work" around Bozo. He is a miserable person. People avoid him.He is vile, uses poor language and is a major league ahole. Yet he wants to claim he knew nothing about the player and "only" found out he was there AFTER he had already transferred in. After all, he is just a clueless football coach molding young men and having high values that lends itself to playing a game much less important than turning out men of class and stature we all can be proud of.

if you believe that sh !t, I got some oceanfront property for sale in Ohio.

penguinpower
September 17th, 2017, 01:00 PM
Let's talk football..... Richmond was the Eastern District Player of the Year as a senior at Steubenville. He had been on Ohio St., Penn St. , Mich., etc , radar since he was a freshman. But had grade problems. Hence he starts at a Juco, but once grades are in, he transfers to California (Pa), a D - II school and a long time recruiter of Steubenville players. He spends the spring semester there but transfers just before Fall, 2016 , to YSU. WHY? His H.S. Coach Saccoccia ( another sleezebag) calls Tressel. But Richmond is ALREADY there as a transfer. Didn't he already inquire BEFORE he made the move about football ? His "guardian" , Agresta is a Steubenville native, Big Red booster and a high powered V-P in a commercial bank who calls Tressel because of their mutual "friend", Saccoccia. It is already established in court that Steubenville bents over backward for its players and community was so "infected", they had to call in a visiting judge. Proved that all kinds of tampering and collusion in school and community trying to get the players off the hook. Supposedly, Bozo knows nothing of the kid (lol, sure) and the kid is already there while they are " negotiating" with Tressel, then Bozo. Even with him there, the protests and ultimate quitting and going back home by the player, why did Bozo get in a car and drive to Steubenville to talk (beg) him to come back and rejoin the team? The story here isn't about a rapist. It's about a coach (and athletic dept.) overseen by Prez who was a former coach. If the kid couldn't find another program who would take him, WHY did YSU ? This isn't about political correctness. It's about doing the right thing.

The people in charge at YSU have set the school up as scumbags. With all that goes on in society, the NCAA, Baylor, etc, WHY did Bozo set up this stupid scenario ? I personally know some of the people who "work" around Bozo. He is a miserable person. People avoid him.He is vile, uses poor language and is a major league ahole. Yet he wants to claim he knew nothing about the player and "only" found out he was there AFTER he had already transferred in. After all, he is just a clueless football coach molding young men and having high values that lends itself to playing a game much less important than turning out men of class and stature we all can be proud of.

if you believe that sh !t, I got some oceanfront property for sale in Ohio.

This post is ripe with your hatred and opinion not to mention your story is off

Paladin1aa
September 17th, 2017, 01:26 PM
Name the parts that are "off". Much more is yet to come out. But look good and "correct" the story before the FACTS actually come out and are in the paper. Expose yourself. If you can.

BTW, ALL the press in the area is bad, negative and embarrassing. It was the lead story , front page of the Trib. It was the headlines on the sports front page in the Vindy. Area TV and radio present a negative light. Opinion pages are negative. Other than the cheerleaders cherry picking a statement in the papers that some students don't know who Richmond is ( out of 12k+ students and a metro area of 600,000 to 700,000 people), the majority interviewed have negative feelings about him, the situation and how it was handled. Forget the national press which is all bad as well.

Just win that game ( even with rapist). You people on that other board look foolish as he11

DirtyDukes
September 17th, 2017, 01:36 PM
Holy **** I didn't think this thread could go MORE off the rails but you penguins don't dissapoint

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2017, 03:02 PM
Glad Richmond got to play, he served his time, the justice system meted out a punishment and he honored it. He cant do anymore.

Now its time for others to let it go and for Richmond to get on with his life.

SoupCity85
September 17th, 2017, 04:00 PM

if you believe that sh !t, I got some oceanfront property for sale in Ohio.Please post the facts you asshole and not your conjecture and disgust for anything and everything YSU.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

POD Knows
September 17th, 2017, 05:14 PM
Then smokestacks reachin like the arms of God
Into a beautiful sky of soot and clay
Here in Youngstown
Here in Youngstown
My sweet Jenny I'm sinkin down
Here darlin in Youngstown

Penguin Nation
September 17th, 2017, 08:05 PM
I guess rape is ok to some YSU fans.

It is, although they employ the pathological (and false) rationalization that it was only "digital penetration," as if that would be somehow tolerable even if true. It is true that there was a mountain of evidence complied by multiple witnesses that digital penetration occurred on multiple occasions throughout the night. The pathological YSU fans ignore the well documented and vile series of events that made this case an international sensation. They ignore co-rapists admission that, "We're (note the plural) hitting it for real," and in response to queries about intercourse with a "dead girl", the co-rapist replied, "LOL. she couldn’t even move,” or witnesses text statements of, "she is so raped." They ignore the damning video released by Anonymous where witnesses frequently referred to the rape, and ignore the texts referring to the victim sleeping through "a wang in the butthole." Obviously, the YSU fans ignore the victim awakening with semen and urine on her mostly naked body.

To ignore all that, in order for a FB team you support to get another "W", is beyond pathological. As a former life-long YSU fan, former donor, and second-generation alumni, I'll never look at the YSU fan base the same way again. I'm ashamed I was once amongst them.

Penguin Nation
September 17th, 2017, 08:15 PM
YSU continues to be disgraced in the national media, and is listed in the "15 biggest disappointments of college football Week 3."

http://larrybrownsports.com/college-football/biggest-disappointments-week-3/395589

Paladin1aa
September 17th, 2017, 08:51 PM
Still waiting Penguin power. Prove me wrong. Show us how pure as the driven snow Bozo is. And do it quickly before the media settles the argument.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2017, 08:58 PM
If the media is against Pelini then I know hes right.

Schism55
September 17th, 2017, 10:13 PM
Here in Youngstown
Here in Youngstown

Get it Bruuuuuuce!

The Yo Show
September 18th, 2017, 03:33 AM
Here in Youngstown
Here in Youngstown

I know I will be getting the thread off topic with this comment, but my grandfather helped inspire Bruce to write this song. Bruce was unable to sleep one night and grabbed a copy of the book Journey to Nowhere out of his library. He ended up reading the spot in the book where my grandpa was at the site of the now demolished Ohio works steel mill. My grandpa was quoted in the book as saying them big boys (referring to management) did what Hitler couldn't (referring to how Hitler wanted to destroy the US Steel Mills during the WW2). And the book told his story of how he started working there (he started working there after he came home from WW2).

Ends up coming to meet my grandpa. Specifically the verse "Well my daddy got on the Ohio works when he come home from WW2, now the yards just scrap and rubble and he said them big boys did what Hitler couldn't do" is about my grandpa.

penguinpower
September 18th, 2017, 07:03 AM
Still waiting Penguin power. Prove me wrong. Show us how pure as the driven snow Bozo is. And do it quickly before the media settles the argument.

I refuse to give you the satisfaction.spread your bull****.

You are such a pussy that you didn't meet me in the parking lot when I confronted you several years ago. I showed up a d you never did. So I'm not going to help you.

POD Knows
September 18th, 2017, 08:21 AM
I know I will be getting the thread off topic with this comment, but my grandfather helped inspire Bruce to write this song. Bruce was unable to sleep one night and grabbed a copy of the book Journey to Nowhere out of his library. He ended up reading the spot in the book where my grandpa was at the site of the now demolished Ohio works steel mill. My grandpa was quoted in the book as saying them big boys (referring to management) did what Hitler couldn't (referring to how Hitler wanted to destroy the US Steel Mills during the WW2). And the book told his story of how he started working there (he started working there after he came home from WW2).

Ends up coming to meet my grandpa. Specifically the verse "Well my daddy got on the Ohio works when he come home from WW2, now the yards just scrap and rubble and he said them big boys did what Hitler couldn't do" is about my grandpa.Holy crap, no ****, that is pretty cool. Youngstown is one of my favorite songs.

He should have squeezed Springsteen for some royalties.

Penguin Nation
September 18th, 2017, 08:32 AM

You are such a pussy that you didn't meet me in the parking lot when I confronted you several years ago. I showed up a d you never did. So I'm not going to help you.

and the award for the school with the most classless fan base goes to.......

Paladin1aa
September 18th, 2017, 09:02 AM
As usual, one of the cheerleaders can't handle the truth. So to avoid embarrassment, he deflects to a made up story of a meeting never set to happen. There is YET to be a FULL court hearing on this with briefs due for a hearing. Bozo is in trouble.

DirtyDukes
September 18th, 2017, 09:03 AM
Dude the amount of wool over some YSU fan's eyes is STAGGERING

clenz
September 18th, 2017, 09:13 AM
Will someone answer the question - did he go home? Was he on campus? Was he practicing? Was he going to class? If he's been home for a month he wasn't in school long enough to be considered enrolled.

ysubigred
September 18th, 2017, 09:14 AM
Mod's!! Please close this thread! I'll make a donation to AGS if you close it xthumbsupx

There is nothing else to say! A federal judge ruled to let Richmond play.

Like it or not he served his time as little as it was. Now let Karma take it's course.

Carry on xsalutex

DirtyDukes
September 18th, 2017, 09:27 AM
Mod's!! Please close this thread! I'll make a donation to AGS if you close it xthumbsupx

Like it or not he served his time as little as it was. Now let Karma take it's course.

Carry on xsalutex

LOL that might be how you guys do things on YSU's board but I sure hope Ursus tells you shove it.

Paladin1aa
September 18th, 2017, 09:28 AM
Sorry, Red, but it's not over. Only a TRO in place. A hearing is coming up on the 26 I believe. Briefs are due the 24th for the full hearing. He played in one game. Rest of season is still hanging in court.

citdog
September 18th, 2017, 09:35 AM

Cops?

Lunch?

ysubigred
September 18th, 2017, 09:44 AM
LOL that might be how you guys do things on YSU's board but I sure hope Ursus tells you shove it.

I don't participate on the Y-town board too often so I'm not sure how they do things now. This thread has become beyond ridicules xpeacex

TheRevSFA
September 18th, 2017, 09:48 AM

Let's tone down the rhetoric some.

TheRevSFA
September 18th, 2017, 09:49 AM

Carry on xsalutex

No.

Paladin1aa
September 18th, 2017, 09:49 AM
To answer the questions -- Richmond was on campus, practicing until YSU released its statement saying he could be on the team but not play in games. He then missed practices as he quit and went home to Steubenville. Don't know if he was in classes then. Bozo grabs a black part time assistant coach and 3 players and drives down to Steubenville to talk him back on the team. It will be interesting what Bozo said he would do and if he advised Richmond to file suit against YSU and sue for play time. This would go against Tressel. People I know at YSU says there is a war going on between Bozo and Tressel over this. Board of Trustees are up in arms. They will take this as far as they can legally. The athletic dept is in the doghouse.

ysubigred
September 18th, 2017, 09:51 AM
Sorry, Red, but it's not over. Only a TRO in place. A hearing is coming up on the 26 I believe. Briefs are due the 24th for the full hearing. He played in one game. Rest of season is still hanging in court.

Pally I just don't get it? I hate all this story is about but the law is the law. The kid served his time has conducted himself by the law and now is trying to be a productive citizen and a college student athlete.

In a perfect world there would be the death penalty for anybody of any age who commits a crime such as rape so society won't have to deal with them in the future even after they serve their time honorably.

Carry on xsalutex

ysubigred
September 18th, 2017, 09:53 AM
No.

Ok carry on xsalutex

Professor Chaos
September 18th, 2017, 09:56 AM
To answer the questions -- Richmond was on campus, practicing until YSU released its statement saying he could be on the team but not play in games. He then missed practices as he quit and went home to Steubenville. Don't know if he was in classes then. Bozo grabs a black part time assistant coach and 3 players and drives down to Steubenville to talk him back on the team. It will be interesting what Bozo said he would do and if he advised Richmond to file suit against YSU and sue for play time. This would go against Tressel. People I know at YSU says there is a war going on between Bozo and Tressel over this. Board of Trustees are up in arms. They will take this as far as they can legally. The athletic dept is in the doghouse.
Ummmm... why is Bo still employed as the head football coach then if he's basically spitting in the face of the YSU president and Board of Trustees? Don't they have every right to relieve him of his duties at any time? The buyout can't be that big if this is really the war you're saying it is.

I'm not sure that story adds up.