PDA

View Full Version : Rutgers

ChickenMan
January 26th, 2007, 01:37 PM
are they now quality BCS program or are they just a flash in the pan?

Ivytalk
January 26th, 2007, 03:05 PM
I think Rutgers will revert to its accustomed misery once the current coach leaves!

BlueHen86
January 26th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Obviously it's early. But I think they are legit. They are the only BCS team in New Jersey. There is plenty of talent in NJ, the key is giving kids a reason to stay in state. Right now they have that; good coach, lot's of national exposure, bowl win and they play in a BCS conference - that they can win. I think Rutgers has a lot to sell itself with during recruiting.

AppGuy04
January 26th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Jury is still out. If they can capture recruits b/c of the recent success, they can keep it going, otherwise, its a one hit wonder

EKU05
January 26th, 2007, 04:14 PM
I think Rutgers will revert to its accustomed misery once the current coach leaves!

The guys was offered what you would have assumed to be his dream job at a Miami program he spent a good deal of time with and turned it down very quickly. You never can rule out the NFL, but Schiano truly appears to be in it for the long haul at RU...which is a scary thought.

MR. CHICKEN
January 26th, 2007, 10:21 PM
SCHIANO.....UH BUCKNELL GRAD....WAS UH D-BACK COACH AT PENN STATE...'91-'95......THINKIN' HE'S...HOLDIN' OUT....FO'..JOE PA'S.....SPOT..............IN DUH MEAN TIME.......HIS SCARLET KNIGHTS......WILL KEEP IMPROVIN'....MUCH LIKE...LOUISVILLE'S SUCCESS....AN' DERE COACH PETRINO....JES' BAILED FO'......BIG DUCATS....IN NFL ATLANTA..........:twocents:.....BRAWK!

aggie6thman
January 27th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Don't forget that the Big East was a down conference in terms of football this year. Even with their success this year, I don't think they are going to be able to replicate this year.

Eyes of Old Main
January 27th, 2007, 10:31 AM
The Big East doesn't have many elite programs and aas long a Schiano stays, I think they will be a bowl team. Beyond that, it will depend on who they hire.

BigApp
January 27th, 2007, 02:10 PM
The Big East doesn't have many elite programs and aas long a Schiano stays, I think they will be a bowl team. Beyond that, it will depend on who they hire.

100% correct! Additionally, money is NOT an issue at Rutgers, should Schiano ask for it for facilities, budget or salaries

blackfordpu
January 27th, 2007, 02:52 PM
As long as Schiano is there I think Rutgers will be a force to be reckoned with.

UNHWildCats
January 27th, 2007, 03:07 PM
As long as Schiano is there I think Rutgers will be a force to be reckoned with.

Get your ass back to Michigan :p

Go Lehigh TU Owl
January 27th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Don't forget that the Big East was a down conference in terms of football this year. Even with their success this year, I don't think they are going to be able to replicate this year.

I think you're way off base with this comment. They were a down this year? IMO, this was there best year as a conference since '01 or '02 when Miami and V-Tech were both very good. Louisville and WVU both finished in the top 10, Rutgers #12 and if i'm correct they went 5-0 in their bowl games. How is that a down year? And then to say their not going to replicate it next year? They have 4 of the top 7-8 players in the country with White, Slaton, Brohm and Rice returning and i'm pretty sure 2 of those will make it to Manhatten year as Heisman finalists. WVU will be one of the favorites to win the National Title, don't forget Slaton and White got banged out at the end of this year. Rutgers and Louisville won't be far behind, South Florida and Uconn will make noise as well. I'm by no means a Big East fan but the facts support that as conference they'll be better than the ACC and Big 12 next year.